PDA

View Full Version : The Official Cesaro Appreciation Thread

Badger
December 6th, 2012, 7:22 PM
It's been a loooooooooong time since I've done a thread, but feel I need to here.

:love: this man. Why?

- He speaks five different languages.
- Has consistently good to great matches on a weekly basis.
- Is a physical beast.
- The most interesting United States Champion there's been in a long time.

And last but not least:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mel3lyAKxz1rb9mspo1_250.gif

So yeah, appreciate!

Mark Hammer
December 6th, 2012, 7:44 PM
I guess I'm in the minority, I don't care for him. And his arm pump taunt looks ridiculous.

Cewsh
December 6th, 2012, 7:45 PM
That taunt is pretty awful.

JRSlim21
December 6th, 2012, 7:48 PM
And he's very European

Badger
December 6th, 2012, 7:52 PM
Most taunts are awful though, and Europeans are stiff 'ard bastards!

Kev
December 6th, 2012, 7:59 PM
Taunting just doesn't suit his smug character.

What a joy to watch this guy in the ring. It's clear he's just head and shoulders above whoever he's wrestling at the moment.

Psycho666Soldier
December 6th, 2012, 8:19 PM
I love Antonio, but I can understand why some people might not be completely caught on to him. It seems he has trouble completely clicking with the crowd most of the time, and if he doesn't have a good opponent, the pacing of the match sort of takes people out for whatever reason.

That said, more times than not he is kicking ass in that ring, and I'm glad they've been giving him a good run with the belt. I just hope that "clicking" starts happening more frequently before WWE thinks they've wasted time.

Beer-Belly
December 6th, 2012, 8:24 PM
He's dope fresh. That match with Sheamus was the best TV match in a minute.

The only thing that bothers me is that his gimmick has been done to death. At least he's familiar with it.

mth
December 6th, 2012, 8:55 PM
I :heart: Cesaro. He might very well be my favorite guy in the company right now.

Generally I hate the hate-the-foreigner gimmicks but there's something about the way he does it that doesn't bother me as much...probably because we aren't supposed to hate him because he's foreign but because he's bashing the good ol' USofA.
Anyway, I dig the 5 languages and the insulting America stuff. The taunt, I have to admit, is goofy but I have a tendency to like goofy (Ryback's taunt looked goofy before he had a chant to go with it). I'm not sure why he hasn't quite clicked with the audience yet, I think it might just be lack of a good feud to get anyone to care enough.

Other reasons he's boss are his in-ring ability which is impressing me more and more as time goes on. The dude is talented and he's a BEAST. Strong as an ox. And his style is aggressive and stands out. Love the uppercuts OF DEATH. He's got a unique look, as well, and he's a rather handsome man. Oh, and he's got a boss theme song, too.

I really think they should have kept him with Aksana, honestly. They were a great pairing and I think there was a lot of missed opportunity. It might help get him more heat to be snorking her all the time and her to be getting involved in his match, etc.. Feud them with Cena/AJ, perhaps.

Pipkin
December 6th, 2012, 9:51 PM
I guess I'm in the minority, I don't care for him. And his arm pump taunt looks ridiculous.

That taunt is pretty awful.

The taunt is terrible.

I'm pretty indifferent to Cesaro honestly. I feel like I don't "get" him. He's fine I suppose, but I have yet to really be impressed by anything he has done. I also don't like his finisher.

Cewsh
December 6th, 2012, 10:18 PM
I really think that Aksana is terrible in every possible way. Very thankful they got rid of her.

Newf
December 6th, 2012, 10:53 PM
Gonna agree that the taunt is awkward. He also walks a little funny. Really stiff-legged. Liked the Aksana pairing but he seems to have done alright without. Still, though, what's she done since? And has his direction really changed much without her? He's held his own but I think they could've kept her there in the background just or additional heat and interference when needed.

I like him though. Has it been pointed out that the man has massive nips?

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_meiy86JOcs1rsed7yo1_500.png

Mark Hammer
December 6th, 2012, 11:04 PM
Yeah, that's one of the things I noticed right away. They are huge.

VHS
December 6th, 2012, 11:11 PM
John Cena did make jokes about te nipples. :lol:

Cewsh
December 6th, 2012, 11:19 PM
Gonna agree that the taunt is awkward. He also walks a little funny. Really stiff-legged. Liked the Aksana pairing but he seems to have done alright without. Still, though, what's she done since? And has his direction really changed much without her? He's held his own but I think they could've kept her there in the background just or additional heat and interference when needed.

But she didn't add additional heat. She wasn't capable of it.

OD50
December 7th, 2012, 6:33 AM
The taunt sucks.. But bah gawd, I love the Very European Swiss Super-Man. Uppercuts of doom ftw.

:yes:

takerson
December 7th, 2012, 10:41 AM
I :heart: Cesaro. He might very well be my favorite guy in the company right now.

Generally I hate the hate-the-foreigner gimmicks but there's something about the way he does it that doesn't bother me as much...probably because we aren't supposed to hate him because he's foreign but because he's bashing the good ol' USofA.
Anyway, I dig the 5 languages and the insulting America stuff. The taunt, I have to admit, is goofy but I have a tendency to like goofy (Ryback's taunt looked goofy before he had a chant to go with it). I'm not sure why he hasn't quite clicked with the audience yet, I think it might just be lack of a good feud to get anyone to care enough.

Other reasons he's boss are his in-ring ability which is impressing me more and more as time goes on. The dude is talented and he's a BEAST. Strong as an ox. And his style is aggressive and stands out. Love the uppercuts OF DEATH. He's got a unique look, as well, and he's a rather handsome man. Oh, and he's got a boss theme song, too.

All this. I was marking out like a little girl when he came out at the NXT tapings. He's amazing, for all the reasons mth stated. And his theme song IS pretty awesome. lol. I don't mind the taunt either... I... Um... DO the taunt to the TV every time his music hits. :shifty:

kangus
December 7th, 2012, 10:45 AM
You're a wacky bastard, takerson.

takerson
December 7th, 2012, 11:16 AM
:(

:lol:

:(

VHS
December 7th, 2012, 12:29 PM
What does he say when he does the taunt? I always say "Peaches... And cream!"

Badger
December 7th, 2012, 1:26 PM
Someone who uppercuts annoying people like Kofi in the face, the taunt is a non-issue as far as I'm concerned.

I hope he uppercuts Mysterio soon.

VHS
December 7th, 2012, 1:35 PM
I'd like to see Evan Bourne take an uppercut. He'd send that sucker into orbit. :lol:

Badger
December 7th, 2012, 1:37 PM
Air Bourne countered with an uppercut would be a thing of poetry.

Mills
December 7th, 2012, 1:51 PM
Bourne and Cesaro work very well together. They had a very good match at honor reclaims Boston in ROH as well as tag matches when he was in KOW. I think his offense could get Cesaro over too.

Anaconda Sniper
December 7th, 2012, 4:40 PM
I dig this guy. He is very impressive..and I think his stock shot way up after that match with Sheamus. I expect big things for this man.

Newf
December 7th, 2012, 9:04 PM
But she didn't add additional heat. She wasn't capable of it.

No, I suppose not, but like MTH said he could snog on her for a little bit of heat here and there.

I guess what I'm saying is that he doesn't need a valet, losing her didn't hurt him, but having her there didn't hurt either. She wasn't key to his character but in saying that she wasn't holding his character back either. Her role could've been played by any Diva, too, but their European bond helped.

I guess I'm just saying that they have, according to Wiki, 9 active Divas (they count Cameron, Naomi and Vickie in a different category) but right about now only Eve, Kaitlyn, AJ and Tamina seem to be doing anything. Some of them could valet and wrestle instead of filling bodies in Diva battle royals or the occasional big tag matches.

BUT BACK TO THAT BEAUTIFUL SWISS BASTARD!

I'm really looking forward to him being DLC for WWE '13 in January. I played a Rumble in '12 with Arn Anderson and made it a point to hit everyone with the Spinebuster. I can see myself playing a Rumble with Cesaro and hitting everyone with SWISS DEATH.

mth
December 7th, 2012, 9:18 PM
Maybe she didn't really help get him heat because they were only together for what, a few weeks? Maybe I'm wrong but I thought he was getting better heat then since she was with him and they were involved in all that stuff with Teddy, etc. The crowd had a reason to care since they were being jerks to a guy they like. It seems like she added a bit more dimension to him and that some of that was lost when they split. Now we're supposed to hate him because he bashes America and speaks other languages. With them together, we are supposed to hate him because he bashes America, speaks other languages and has private conversations with her that we can't understand, and he has a hot girlfriend he makes out with all the time who interferes in his matches. Seems like it'd help. :dunno:

kangus
December 8th, 2012, 12:39 AM
I love how speaking multiple languages is viewed as a heel trait. THAT THERE FELLA BE SPEAKING THEM FUNNY WORDS AND THAT DON'T SIT RIGHT WITH ME

virms
December 8th, 2012, 1:07 AM
But you hate the french you fuck.

kangus
December 8th, 2012, 1:31 AM
ne me dites pas ce que je déteste!

virms
December 8th, 2012, 1:35 AM
BOOOOOOOO!

Fich dich!

kangus
December 8th, 2012, 1:45 AM
Du Hurensohn! Ich dachte wir wären Freunde :(

Badger
December 8th, 2012, 6:46 AM
I love how speaking multiple languages is viewed as a heel trait. THAT THERE FELLA BE SPEAKING THEM FUNNY WORDS AND THAT DON'T SIT RIGHT WITH ME

Like how we're supposed to hate Sandow for being intelligent. :lol:

Actually they'd make a pretty good tag team. Cesaro would be a better fit than Cody to be honest though Rhodes Scholars is a spiffy name.

MMH
December 8th, 2012, 8:35 AM
Am I the only one who doesnt like his theme song then?

The song is alright but I dont think it suits him. He should have some heavy metal yodelling or something.

Matthew
December 8th, 2012, 8:49 AM
i like his song because it is a play off of dean malenko's

OD50
December 8th, 2012, 10:26 AM
I liked Cesaro's original theme way better, but then again.. I like entrance themes over entrance songs.

Ah, there it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf9fyb2klSw

Badger
December 8th, 2012, 12:16 PM

Never though of that. You're right. :lol:

Psycho666Soldier
December 8th, 2012, 1:51 PM
Am I the only one who doesnt like his theme song then?

The song is alright but I dont think it suits him. He should have some heavy metal yodelling or something.

That's why I liked his original version better: It WAS Dean Malenko's theme, and I thought it fit him.

I liked Cesaro's original theme way better, but then again.. I like entrance themes over entrance songs.

Ah, there it is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qf9fyb2klSw
I actually hated this theme a lot. Felt like it had no oomph.

Badger
December 12th, 2012, 5:11 PM
On Raw this week, uppercut to the back of the head, sick backbreaker. The man is brilliant.

If he jbs to Truth at TLC (though I'm sure he won't), then RIOT!

Matthew
December 12th, 2012, 5:20 PM
http://i.minus.com/i8gZEW90buGEZ.gif

Kev
December 12th, 2012, 5:26 PM
Jesus Christ, that was brilliant.

While it's not really that difficult to have a good match with Sheamus or Kofi, I'm certainly glad he's getting a lot of time dedicated to his matches at the moment.

Cewsh
December 12th, 2012, 5:27 PM
That might be the most impressive feat of strength i've seen in wrestling.

Newf
December 12th, 2012, 5:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mXAb3GrLYA

The laughing at the start of this gets me.

VHS
December 12th, 2012, 5:57 PM
http://i.minus.com/i8gZEW90buGEZ.gif

Gosh, there is no way anybody else could have pulled that off. Props to Antonio, for sure, but Kofi also deserves credit for putting himself in the air perfectly so it could be done. This is probably the most impressive move I've ever seen in my life. And the last time I was this in awe I think it was Orton/Bourne's SSP RKO.

Badger
December 12th, 2012, 6:09 PM
Always a GIF moment to be found in an Antonio match. :yes:

OD50
December 12th, 2012, 6:17 PM
More timing/technique/leverage than strength, brilliant move though. His gut wrench suplex takes tremendous power to pull off though.

Antonio. :heart:

Badger
December 12th, 2012, 6:29 PM
Not only that, but he's so hard that he sleeps on the floor! No pussy bed for him!

Badger
January 8th, 2013, 5:51 PM
Raw spoiler

Neutraliser on Khali! Hoooooooooly shiiiiiiit!

Psycho666Soldier
January 8th, 2013, 5:55 PM
The crowd reaction was immense. And that Springboard variation on his corkscrew European Uppercut was insane.

This man is amazing.

VHS
January 8th, 2013, 6:34 PM
Insane, insane, insane! Big Show, we comin' for you!

MikeHunt
January 8th, 2013, 6:40 PM
I appreciate Cesaro!

Kdestiny
January 8th, 2013, 8:41 PM
Beast. He is an absolute monster and I appreciate him.

Hero!
January 8th, 2013, 8:50 PM
I love how Cesaro is gaining far more attention from the crowd with his in-ring abilities than his mic work. Dude is such a god damn beast.

Psycho666Soldier
January 8th, 2013, 8:52 PM
It's how the world should be, and while it's progressive and takes more time, WWE is actually giving him the right opponents to show off his more impressive abilities. Now they just need to give him someone that can actually make a completely epic match. Miz might be close to that.

Hero!
January 8th, 2013, 8:53 PM
Cesaro/Bryan please. Just let 'em go at it for 20 minutes. Please.

Psycho666Soldier
January 8th, 2013, 8:55 PM
That would be epic. Either at the Chamber or at 'Mania. Or even just a RAW or Main Event match. I just would love to see Bryan and Cesaro take each other on.

Hero!
January 8th, 2013, 8:57 PM
Do it on Main Event. DO IT. Give 'em the whole fucking show.

VHS
January 8th, 2013, 9:00 PM
Their feats would be legendary.

RuneEdge
January 8th, 2013, 9:01 PM
I'd love any combination of Bryan, Cesaro and Wade. Maybe even throw Sheamus in there and make it an awesome 4-way.

Hero!
January 8th, 2013, 9:02 PM
Cesaro is the kinda guy who Bryan could not only stiff, but give those nasty MMA elbows to. Fucking counter the European uppercut into the cattle mutilation.

Jesus Christ I am hard.

Beer-Belly
January 8th, 2013, 9:03 PM
I think Cesaro's beastly offense and legitimate strength could get him over as a babyface if they ever felt like going that route. It's hard not to cheer this guy.

Hero!
January 8th, 2013, 9:03 PM
I'd love any combination of Bryan, Cesaro and Wade. Maybe even throw Sheamus in there and make it an awesome 4-way.

:yes: Fuck yes. Sheamus has been producing some amazing hard-hitting brawling matches lately. We all give loads of credit to guys like Wade, Ziggler, Bryan, etc., but Sheamus has become one of my favorite to watch in the last year. When's the last time he had a bad or even mediocre match?

Psycho666Soldier
January 8th, 2013, 9:05 PM
:yes: Fuck yes. Sheamus has been producing some amazing hard-hitting brawling matches lately. We all give loads of credit to guys like Wade, Ziggler, Bryan, etc., but Sheamus has become one of my favorite to watch in the last year. When's the last time he had a bad or even mediocre match?
When Sheamus and Cesaro wrestled, it seemed like both Sheamus and Cesaro were hitting harder than they normally would. I can only imagine at one point, one or both of them was like, "FINALLY someone I can really go stiff on!"

Yes...that could be taken as a sexual innuendo.

Hero!
January 8th, 2013, 9:07 PM
Haha, it's like when bryan/punk are in the ring and they just batter each other. Or when Regal gets in there with...anyone >_>

Hero!
January 8th, 2013, 9:08 PM
Regal/Cesaro. Book it. In England.

Psycho666Soldier
January 8th, 2013, 9:13 PM
There should just be a big Round Robin tournament of the badass Europeans and Daniel Bryan(Sheamus, Barrett, Regal, Cesaro, Drew). MONEY.

Hero!
January 8th, 2013, 9:20 PM
Fuck it, throw RYBACK in there too so they can all batter the shit outta him. Bring back big bob hardcore holly to chop the shit outta him.

Vice
January 8th, 2013, 9:32 PM
There should just be a big Round Robin tournament of the badass Europeans and Daniel Bryan(Sheamus, Barrett, Regal, Cesaro, Drew). MONEY.
Oooh. Badass World Cup kind of tournament thing, maybe.

Regal and Barrett can fight over who gets the England spot.

Sheamus -> Ireland.

Bryan -> America.

Cesaro -> Switzerland.

Drew -> Scotland.

Gabriel -> South Africa

Tatsu or a debuting Okada -> Japan

Alberto Del Rio, Rey and Sin Cara could have a triple threat to see who represents Mexico.

Christian? Tyson Kidd? -> Canada

Great Khali -> India

Primo -> Puerto Rico

Santino -> Italy

Kofi -> Ghana

A few more spots are needed for a 16 man tournament. Who else is from a unique foreign country, not counting Kane? Maybe have an extra slot for America, Mexico, and England.

Psycho666Soldier
January 8th, 2013, 9:37 PM
Doubling up on those spots would probably be the best bet. Though, I would be alright with making it an 8-man tournament, and trimming out Santino, Kofi, khali, Gabriel, and either the Mexican Representatives or Tatsu or the possibility of Okada. Only if to get rid of Khali.

Still, either way, this general idea sounds way too awesome.

Vice
January 8th, 2013, 9:42 PM
16 man tournament would be huge and great, and show off just how diverse WWE is. You could easily trim off the fat in the first round by having Bryan, Sheamus, Cesaro, etc. just maul the shit out of them. Khali is shit, but you can still use him to make someone's run in the tournament sound more epic, having to go through the 7' tall monster to get out of the opening round and whatnot.

There are a ton of potential great pairings to be had.

Hero!
January 8th, 2013, 9:46 PM
Zeke - Guyanna
NotBatista - Wales

Hmmmm...

Hero!
January 8th, 2013, 9:48 PM
He was born in America, but Reigns for Samoa?

GeezaTap
January 9th, 2013, 11:00 AM
You could give him an Oliver gimmick where he keeps saying to Vince 'Please sit, can I have Samoa?'

Badger
January 9th, 2013, 4:46 PM

Sheamus -> Ireland.

Bryan -> America.

Cesaro -> Switzerland.

Drew -> Scotland.

Gabriel -> South Africa

Alberto Del Rio, Rey and Sin Cara could have a triple threat to see who represents Mexico.

Great Khali -> India

Primo -> Puerto Rico

Santino -> Italy

Kofi -> Ghana

A few more spots are needed for a 16 man tournament. Who else is from a unique foreign country, not counting Kane? Maybe have an extra slot for America, Mexico, and England.

Well done my son, that would be AMAZING! Need to get Finlay back in the ring for this too and perhaps fight Sheamus for the Irish spot (though Finlay is from Northern Ireland, but that doesn't matter in WWE land). Or you could just double up.

More realistically though, Cesaro/Bryan would be a great

Also, who cares of they're both heels. Would love for Show to be neutralised.

takerson
January 9th, 2013, 5:57 PM
I'd pay for Bryan/Cesaro. Not to sound smarky, but they legit had an awesome wrestling match on one of the ROH DVD's I got in a bundle last year. Can't remember which one it was, anyway, in a pure skill wrestling match it was phenomenal... now... add their incredibly entertaining new WWE characters TO that skill.... I think Cesaro/Bryan would be a really fucking fun match.

Bill Casey
January 9th, 2013, 6:31 PM

Sheamus -> Ireland.

Bryan -> America.

Cesaro -> Switzerland.

Drew -> Scotland.

Gabriel -> South Africa

Great Khali -> India

Primo -> Puerto Rico

Santino -> Italy

Kofi -> Ghana

Mason Ryan -> Wales
Jimmy Uso -> Samoa
Brodus Clay -> Planet Funk
Santa Claus -> North Pole

Badger
January 10th, 2013, 1:30 PM
Lure Samoa Joe away from TNA?

Bad Collin
January 10th, 2013, 1:38 PM
Rene Dupree's big return?

The Rogerer
January 11th, 2013, 7:44 AM
I'm very impressed by this guy. It's nice to come back and see some great standout talent.

GtheMVP
January 11th, 2013, 4:47 PM
That corkscrew forearm he does off the the ropes is one of my fav moves atm, he's just a missle of beast lol. In fact, Cesario's uppercuts are almost the highlight of every show he's on, love how he finds diff ways to mix it in!

Psycho666Soldier
January 11th, 2013, 4:57 PM
I was blown away by his springboard variation on RAW. Not sure if he did the same thing in the Main Event Match. The man is just born of a different breed.

mth
January 11th, 2013, 9:01 PM
From what I saw, the Main Event match and the RAW match were virtually identical. For sure the springboard uppercut and Neutralizer finish was the same.

Psycho666Soldier
January 11th, 2013, 9:03 PM
I had suspected something to that effect. Still, whether he innovated it on Monday or the week before, it's still evidence of his genius, and smart of him to take advantage of it again on the night The Rock came back.

mth
January 11th, 2013, 9:06 PM
I think he's done it before those matches, honestly, but I could be wrong.

takerson
January 11th, 2013, 9:38 PM
If not in WWE, definitely on the indies. It's awesome, I love it, but he's done it for years. It's not new.

Vice
January 11th, 2013, 9:48 PM
I haven't seen the move in question, but based off the descriptions in here..

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y4/Envious_Vice/General%20wrestling%20GIFs/ClaudioUppercut.gif

That?

mth
January 11th, 2013, 9:48 PM
Well, I meant in a WWE match...and I just jumped on youtube and he did it to Brodus on RAW once.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPBXmmnu74Q

OD50
January 12th, 2013, 4:50 AM
The tornado DDT counter on Kidd was cool.

Bluegunn
January 12th, 2013, 5:59 AM
Can't wait for Ohno to debut, maybe the Kings of Wrestling can reunite

Ringo
January 12th, 2013, 7:35 AM
:hyper:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRVaKcrkQRw

Newf
January 12th, 2013, 10:31 AM
The tornado DDT counter on Kidd was cool.

Yup! The sheer strength that would take is impressive. I know they talk about him being pound-for-pound one of the strongest Superstars and all, and the regular uppercut looks fantastic but it's helped by moment. You REALLY get a feel for how strong he is when he takes Tyson, who's billed at just shy of 200, from a dead stall and explosively clean and presses him up into the air. Truly amazing.

Also I never really followed ROH so never really "got" the KOW, but I'd be excited for the Kings of Wrestling in WWE just on account of I always dig when they give nods to or full-on carry things over from indies. That theme song would have to go, though. I don't know about everyone else but it's pretty horrible in my opinion. To see them dominate the tag team division would be awesome, especially if the could still push them as formidable singles competitors too. Cesaro's already established so Ohno would just have to maybe get a bit of an accelerated singles push to catch-up so to speak, I think the pairing would help as it'd bring Ohno up to Cesaro's level and further propel to the two of them... if done right.

takerson
January 12th, 2013, 10:39 AM
I agree, Newf. And I didn't follow ROH during KOW's prominence either... but I recently bought the "Kings Reign Supreme" Best-Of DVD from ROH... basically every match they had that meant anything.... about 1/3 into it right now and holy shit. Every match has been ridiculously good, they work together flawlessly. I'd love to see it in WWE, especially considering they still wrestle their matches almost exactly the same.

KOW vs. MCMG was boner-worthy. haha.

Ringo
January 12th, 2013, 11:05 AM
The theme is amazing and a key aspect of their appeal for me.

Badger
January 12th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Liking the big response here.

Just seen his match with Orton on Smackdown, and though they traded uppercuts once, was hoping for more of an uppercut-fest since it's a big part of their movesets. Hopefully in the future, they can go full-pelt.

Brian M.
January 12th, 2013, 3:32 PM
As much as I'd love to see KOW re-unite, at this point I feel like Cesaro is going to go very far as a singles competitor. They are already mixing him in with the main event guys and he's been up for less than a year. Throwing him in a team with Ohno might help with the re-ignition of the tag team division, but I think both guys have too much to offer as singles competitors to do that.

Newf
January 12th, 2013, 5:23 PM
As much as I'd love to see KOW re-unite, at this point I feel like Cesaro is going to go very far as a singles competitor. They are already mixing him in with the main event guys and he's been up for less than a year. Throwing him in a team with Ohno might help with the re-ignition of the tag team division, but I think both guys have too much to offer as singles competitors to do that.

I think he has the potential AND he has their backing AND doesn't seem to have a glass ceiling like other guys that have potential OR backing but lack the other. That's key.

At the same time I don't see him being a world champion anytime soon. The WWE title scene is either gonna remain with Punk on top for some time or, more likely, Rock > Cena > probably back to Punk for the majority of 2013. ADR just got the World title and I imagine we'll see Show and Sheamus remain in the mix with a Ziggler cash-in at some point. In short he could and will be a world champ one day but he's got at least 3 or 4 guys in line ahead of him for each title for the next year or so, unless they did one of those test-the-waters reigns they sometimes like to do. A tag team with Ohno could really help to keep him fresh and relevant and primed without derailing him, especially if they just let the two of them dominate the tag team. Speaking of derailing that's another problem I find is that you get these guys that WWE seems to acknowledge wanting as world champ eventually but they've painted themselves into a corner where their plans for said rising star don't match up with their plans for the world title and so they throwing said star into a holding pattern and he loses steam in the process.

The thing with Cesaro is that he's done a lot with very little, and that's a testament to him as a performer I feel. A tag stint where both guys are booked as strong singles competitors who are practically unbeatable as a team would allow him to stay in the spotlight while bubbling just below the surface of the top. If done right, acknowledging that he and Ohno have history as a team on the indie scene and let them come into the tag scene as an immediate force to be reckoned with... hell, even just keeping that KOW name could go a long way. The kind of reign that came Kane & Bryan have had but without the comedy, a vicious mean streak. Cole acknowledging "We are seeing something different here, these two men are scary together." The danger is that they could come out of it like Truth and Kofi did, with nothing really gained, but again I feel like Cesaro at least has enough X-factor to gain momentum and, once he gets going and doing so in the presence of his former partner, I think Ohno could do the same.

Badger
March 2nd, 2013, 1:50 PM
Still the champ. :yes:

Keep it through 2013 please.

Mills
March 2nd, 2013, 2:44 PM
They seem to be building towards Miz winning the belt, but it'd bea damn shame to see Cesaro lose it.

reeviint
March 8th, 2013, 12:20 AM
It might help get him more heat to be snorking her all the time and her to be getting involved in his match, etc.Feud them with Cena/AJ, perhaps.

Vice
March 8th, 2013, 12:23 AM
It might help get him more heat to be snorking her all the time and her to be getting involved in his match, etc.. Feud them with Cena/AJ, perhaps.

It might help get him more heat to be snorking her all the time and her to be getting involved in his match, etc.Feud them with Cena/AJ, perhaps.

NO ONE IS SAFE

SKYNET IS HERE

mth
March 8th, 2013, 12:25 AM
I'm a little scared. Better try to stamp this out before all hell breaks loose.

Tainted Eclipse
March 8th, 2013, 12:31 AM
thank god they have yet to master the delicate human art of double punctuation

Badger
October 7th, 2013, 3:25 PM
I know there's another Cesaro thread but bumping my own after Battleground. Only two more words to say and that is HOOOOLY SHIIIIIT!

Badger
February 15th, 2014, 2:25 PM
I really appreciated him on Smackdown, uppercuts galore! Sooner or later he'll go face and beat the shit out of Swagger and Colter, possibly an IC title match at Mania maybe.

Matthew
February 15th, 2014, 2:26 PM
thread name needs to be changed

Badger
February 15th, 2014, 2:29 PM
Good point.

mmmmmmttttttthhhhhhh or OMG!

Mills
February 15th, 2014, 2:38 PM
Hoping to watch the SD match soon but sounds like Cesaros star is on the rise with a fantastic match with Orton. I woukdnt be surprised if he eliminates Christian

OD50
February 15th, 2014, 2:51 PM
So, how obvious is it with Orton losing these matches that he will 100% guaranteed retain at EC?

Mills
February 15th, 2014, 2:57 PM
Except for poor Christian.

I think it'd be a really good match to do a tag match with the other 4, something like Cesaro and Christian vs. Bryan and Cena to show a different side of the EC story besides Orton is very very vulnerable.

Badger
February 15th, 2014, 2:57 PM
Uh yeah what Mills said.

Merchant4Ever
February 16th, 2014, 12:36 PM
It sucks because if they are trying to make Orton look "vulnerable," what they are actually doing is making him look pathetic. And this is the first unified title match at Mania in a long time, and it's going to be the champ against the Rumble winner no one wants there.

Orton/Batista could go down in history as one of the worst Mania decisions of all time.

Oh, but back on topic. I used to think Cesaro was boring, now I'm on board hardcore. He's one of my top 5-7 favorites now and climbing every week.

mth
February 20th, 2014, 9:08 PM
WWE.com article looking at Cesaro's 8 best matches and they talk him up pretty big:
http://www.wwe.com/inside/cesaro-8-best-matches/

The Law
February 21st, 2014, 1:24 AM
So how far does Cesaro go? I see him as a Benoit type, an upper-midcard workhorse who might get a short run with the title at some point. Unless he gets a lot better on the mic or WWE majorly shifts the direction of its product, it's hard to see him being a true top guy or a long-term champion. Instead I anticipate he'll hover in the upper-midcard with some spot appearances in the main event. And have tons of awesome matches along the way. Should be good stuff overall.

VHS
February 21st, 2014, 1:59 AM
Most definitely. It's awesome seeing and hearing all the praise he's been getting lately, especially from Dutch on Steve Austin's podcast. Apparently he's really high on the guy and a lot of people backstage are as well. To me, I see him at a Sheamus level and that's pretty dang high considering anybody higher than that would have to be Cena or Orton... and he's even got a victory over Orton! :yes:

With nowadays being an imminent time for midcard guys to become the next era of top superstars, Cesaro should definitely be on the tippy top of the bunch.

OD50
February 21st, 2014, 5:46 AM
I've been on the Cesaro/Castagnoli bandwagon for quite a while, but what really turned me into a fan was when he stopped by for a cup of coffee in NWA: Hollywood. The 'Very European' stuff was great. Nice to see him doing so well. :yes:

Everyone should check out the live NXT next week, I have a feeling Cesaro/Zayn could be something special.

Eddie Brock
April 15th, 2014, 1:30 AM
Someone get this man a theme or at least bring this back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpHnxh3mfTs

Hero!
July 22nd, 2015, 1:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b-CoF-LcMk&feature=youtu.be

Oh baby yeah, I think they're really gonna run with him this time.

The Law
July 22nd, 2015, 1:46 PM
I'd love to see a long-term story chase for Cesaro. A year of him being clear he wants to be champion and having to fight his way up the ladder. They sort of did that with Bryan, but it only lasted a few months (then he won it, lost it immediately, and did a long chase). They've really got a shot to make him big, I hope they don't ignore it.

Percussion
July 22nd, 2015, 1:52 PM
Rumble win?

mth
July 22nd, 2015, 1:55 PM
I don't want to get too excited but...there are starting to be indications the dude's finally getting his due and I couldn't be more excited. Would love to see him win the Rumble and get the WWE title at Mania.

Badger
July 22nd, 2015, 2:17 PM
Yes. Oui. Si. Si. Ja.

Rancid_Planet
July 22nd, 2015, 4:48 PM
Because of his quiet ass kicking persona, a long chase would be glorious for this man.

Slutty McWhoreface
July 23rd, 2015, 12:47 AM
I'm with mth... I don't wanna get too excited neither, but it's obvious that they are at least doing SOMETHING of worth with him. I would be happy with a lengthy IC/US title run... and if they don't go the champion vs champion route at Summerslam, I can see him being the one to usurp Super Cena... and hopefully clean; without any interference from Rollins.

Percussion
July 23rd, 2015, 1:11 AM
I want to see the Swiss Atlas find himself in the final three in the Rumble match with Reigns and KO, himself on the apron on the outside of the ropes fighting of elimination from the other two before snatching them both up for a double suplex that tosses his two oppenents crashing to the floor outside, and very nearly himself, as he just reaches off balance to grab the top rope from the apron and pull himself back to and into the ring to win the whole damn thing.

I want to see this man win.

Slutty McWhoreface
July 23rd, 2015, 1:19 AM
^ That would be awesome. He deserves it. and it will probably happen since his work ethic has caught the attention of Cena. So many possibilities...

But I shan't gush anymore about it until I see him get his just deserts.

Who am I kidding?

Yes I will.

Hero!
July 30th, 2015, 1:13 PM
http://www.wwe.com/inside/cesaro-brass-ring-interview-27726061

I love this so much.

Beer-Belly
July 30th, 2015, 1:24 PM
The Cesaro/Owens feud has so much potential. I wish they'd throw the IC title on one of those dudes and let them trade it back and forth for months.

Percussion
July 30th, 2015, 1:39 PM
A lot has been said about how difficult it is to continue many of the face/heel dynamics in pro wrestling, and I think a lot of that can stem from the exhausting attempts to tell the audience who to like. But aren't there a number of them that we, iwc and casuals alike, gravitate towards naturally in the "reality era" ...

Daniel Bryan
Sami Zayn
Cesaro
Finn Balor
Dean Ambrose (he's kinda the Wolverine of this group, legit good guy without the chip ever sliding completely off his shoulder)

They just aren't the Adonis American Exceptionalist babyfaces of old. They're dynamic, eclectic, and they're lunchpale. And they're far less shy once they've been introduced. Just like pro wrestling is at it's best when we're dealing with someone's rather genuine personality just turned up a bunch of notches, these guys are everymen turned up the dial. They're eye-popping for their talent and they're relatable because they're genuinely decent. They're current relatable babyfaces.

There's an marked era of babyface heroics staring right at us. Hope we get to have a good go of it.

mth
July 30th, 2015, 1:48 PM
http://www.wwe.com/inside/cesaro-brass-ring-interview-27726061

I love this so much.

:yes: Oh man, great read and great indication that hopefully his time is now.

Merchant4Ever
July 30th, 2015, 1:57 PM
:yes: Oh man, great read and great indication that hopefully his time is now.

Cesaro's time is up! Cena's time is now!

Badger
July 31st, 2015, 3:00 AM
He walked from the airport, give that man the belt! :yes: