PDA

View Full Version : Actors you hate (caution: saltiness inside)

Pages : [1] 2

Fro
November 14th, 2012, 12:51 AM
Which actors, for whatever reason, can you not stand and completely turn you off to anything they're in?

For me:

Joel McHale - awful. fuck the soup and community. this dude reeks of douche.
Sarah Jessica Parker - she plays a bitch well I suppose, so well that I truly hate her.
Jennifer Garner - see above
Russell Brand - seems to always play the same obnoxious brit.
Elijah Wood - gets a pass for LOTR, but everything else he does is awful.

yours?

Chris Dolmeth
November 14th, 2012, 12:55 AM
Nicolas Cage and Keanu Reeves popped into my head immediately.

Russell Brand is one I'm so-so on. I like him in small doses.

Version 6
November 14th, 2012, 12:59 AM
Russell Crowe.

Tremendous actor but just comes across as an absolute cunt.

The Rick
November 14th, 2012, 1:08 AM
Russell Brand - seems to always play the same obnoxious brit.
:yes:
He seems to be the UK's version of Tom Green.

Chris Dolmeth
November 14th, 2012, 1:13 AM
Did Tom Green die? Haven't heard that name in a long time.

A few more popped into my head. Jonah Hill, Vince Vaughn, and Ben Stiller (except for There's Something About Mary) So pretty much, I'll never see The Watch.

Also, not sure if he counts as an actor but Seth MacFarlane.

Fro
November 14th, 2012, 1:23 AM
Good call, Seth Macfarlane as an actor is pretty awful and he should stick to voices (plus all his shows suck now too). Why the hell did they pick him to host the Oscars? Such a bad choice. Even hosting comedy central roasts he is shite, so you pick him to host the biggest award show of the year? Terrible.

Bert
November 14th, 2012, 1:41 AM
Marcia Gay Harden after seeing The Mist.

Will Ferrell after seeing him play the same character for 50 movies.

p.s. Joel McHale is great on Community and Elijah Wood is great in Wilfred.

McBain
November 14th, 2012, 1:50 AM
While I agree that Russell Brand is a total cock, I find a yank labelling a Brit 'obnoxious' to be somewhat hilarious.

Otherwise:

Nic Cage - wank actor, largely wank catalogue of films. Zzzz.

Bert
November 14th, 2012, 2:07 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS1BkF-TBng

Guy
November 14th, 2012, 3:03 AM
I don't see how anyone can hate Nicholas Cage.

He obviously stars in any old pile of tripe nowadays, but the man is charismatically batshit. He's so awful sometimes that he's legitimately amazing to watch.

Vice
November 14th, 2012, 3:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xP1-oquwoL8

I love Cage. He's a ridiculous person, but I enjoy him.

I dislike Will Ferrell, Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson, Vince Vaughn, Jonah Hill, Seth Rogen, Steve Carell, and Mark Wahlberg off the top of my head.

Newf
November 14th, 2012, 3:42 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lvqwmlnoSA1qcfe6go1_1280.jpg

Gonna echo Guy and Vice's feelings on Cage.

I'll throw Julia Roberts' name into the pot. Everything I see her in I can't see the character, I just see Julia Roberts. And her stupid, dumb face.

Clive Owen verbally-raping her in Closer was quite satisfying to me.

Guy
November 14th, 2012, 4:16 AM
Let's not forget that Cage has done some pretty strong work in the past. I'm thinking Adaptation, Raising Arizona, Leaving Las Vegas. Hell he was even brilliant playing Adam West playing Christian Bale in Kick Ass.

But how can you hate such batshit manic performances like Face/Off?
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lka6lsmTXv1qatq6d.gif

Canuck
November 14th, 2012, 9:44 AM
Mark Wahlberg

McBain
November 14th, 2012, 10:07 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Rq-7zEVuwI

Simon
November 14th, 2012, 10:17 AM
Adam Sandler. Every film that same fucking character with the same fucking whiny voice.

Mark Hammer
November 14th, 2012, 10:31 AM
A few more popped into my head. Jonah Hill, Vince Vaughn, and Ben Stiller (except for There's Something About Mary)

I just can't even fathom hating any of these men. I love them all, though Vaughn has always been hit or miss and Stiller has been lately. Jonah Hill is quality though, I don't think I've ever seen him in a role I didn't like.

Definitely agree on Seth MacFarlane though. Love Family Guy but MacFarlane the person comes across as a cock to me.

Mark Hammer
November 14th, 2012, 10:34 AM
Will Ferrell after seeing him play the same character for 50 movies.

This. The most over-rated comedian there is IMO. He can be hilarious from time to time (Stepbrothers and Elf for example) but most of the time he is pretty much the same goofy character doing the same goofy shit. How he won the best SNL actor poll is still beyond me.

son_of_foley
November 14th, 2012, 10:37 AM
Step Brothers and Elf are so good though I can forgive him but I do understand people disliking him.

I hate Samuel L Jackson. What a shit shit bastard. Ohh but he's so cool, nah mate he's a fucking gaunch and I hate his stupid beard and hat. ARGH WHAT A SHIT BASTARD

Mark Hammer
November 14th, 2012, 10:38 AM
While I agree that Russell Brand is a total cock, I find a yank labelling a Brit 'obnoxious' to be somewhat hilarious.

Lol because all of us are the same person with the same personality just like Brits are all the same people rite?

Otherwise:

Nicholas Cage probably shouldn't have ever been the Hollywood leading man that he was for a while but he's had some great performances. I loved him in Face Off.

Mark Hammer
November 14th, 2012, 10:39 AM
Step Brothers and Elf are so good though I can forgive him but I do understand people disliking him.

I hate Samuel L Jackson. What a shit shit bastard. Ohh but he's so cool, nah mate he's a fucking gaunch and I hate his stupid beard and hat. ARGH WHAT A SHIT BASTARD

I love Samuel L Jackson but I'm not sure why, so you're probably right about him being shit. Talk about playing the exact same character in all of your movies.

Vice mentioned Steve Carrell earlier. On that note he was phenomenal in The Office, Michael Scott was most definitely an iconic role and performance. But all of his movies minus The 40 Year-Old Virgin (which was just ok and that was thanks to the performance of his supporting cast) have been shit. I wish he'd never left the show because I haven't ever enjoyed him in anything else.

mth
November 14th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Let's not forget that Cage has done some pretty strong work in the past. I'm thinking Adaptation, Raising Arizona, Leaving Las Vegas. Hell he was even brilliant playing Adam West playing Christian Bale in Kick Ass.

Matchstick Men deserves a mention. He was terrific in that.

As for me, Jack Black jumped to mind when I read the thread title. Will Ferrell's pretty hit or miss, mostly miss. I like Jonah Hill in what I've seen him in but I have a feeling if I watched everything he did, I'd grow tired of him, he's basically the same dude in all his movies.

Curious how people rate Johnny Depp?

Gary J
November 14th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Will Smith

Mark Hammer
November 14th, 2012, 10:49 AM
I don't mind Johnny Depp. He's not my favorite by any means but you can't deny his ability to portray outlandish characters. That being said Blow is one of my favorite movies.

son_of_foley
November 14th, 2012, 10:57 AM
Can we add Johnny Depp + Tim Burton. Those two fuckers should be separated surgically now. Got I need to stay out of this thread I feel like it's going to make me angry.

Ellen Page is really fucking annoying as well. Hot but annoying. Watched To Rome with Love and it's a nice film but she almost ruins it

son_of_foley
November 14th, 2012, 10:59 AM
I'm not even finding this cathartic I just feel rage inside my balls.

Alf
November 14th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Cage went from being a frankly incredible actor (in the films named above) to being awful, annoying, and shit. How did that happen?

Cewsh
November 14th, 2012, 11:03 AM
Yeah, I like pretty much anything Johnny Depp does removed from Tim Burton, but its such a pretension overload when they get together.

Jimmy Zero
November 14th, 2012, 11:06 AM
Cage went from being a frankly incredible actor (in the films named above) to being awful, annoying, and shit. How did that happen?

Nic Cage is weird. For every good movie he makes, he does another 5 that are fucking terrible. He's like a shitty movie hydra.

I fucking abhor Tom Cruise. I will not see a movie he's in. It doesn't matter if it's a widely regarded good movie, I will not watch it. That man makes my rage levels rise like no other.

I second the Johnny Depp/Tim Burton pairing. I think Depp is awesome, but Tim Burton is the very definition of a hack and I'm sick to death of seeing Depp in his movies. Add Helena Bonham Carter to the list, as well.

The Rogerer
November 14th, 2012, 11:09 AM
I get annoyed when people say "I can't believe Johnny Depp is doing this" when he has never played a traditional or straight role in his life.

I don't like Ed Norton. Too 'actor-y', does that make sense?

Mark Hammer
November 14th, 2012, 11:10 AM
I get annoyed when people say "I can't believe Johnny Depp is doing this" when he has never played a traditional or straight role in his life.

Blow

wardy
November 14th, 2012, 11:12 AM
Daniel Day Lewis

The Rogerer
November 14th, 2012, 11:13 AM
BlowPlease explain how playing a cocaine smuggler is in any way a traditional, conventional choice.

Matty C
November 14th, 2012, 11:13 AM
Leo. I fucking hate Leo with a passion. To me, and I realize how much in the minority I am, he uses the same facial expressions to convey every emotion and just constantly looks like a smug prick while on screen. It's so bad that I often can't even watch a move that he's in. I gave in and saw Inception. I enjoyed the film but he bothered me throughout. I saw The Departed and he practically ruined the whole thing for me. I didn't believe him for a second. I ended up thinking The Departed, which everyone I know raves about, was just meh. I think I actually preferred The Town.

No one else bothers me that much. Nic Cage is someone I generally avoid but I don't hate him or anything. I'm not a big fan of Julia Roberts. I find her annoying. That's all that comes to mind.

McBain
November 14th, 2012, 11:16 AM
Nicholas Cage probably shouldn't have ever been the Hollywood leading man that he was for a while but he's had some great performances. I loved him in Face Off.

Everyone always references that film, but Travolta was the real star.

McBain
November 14th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Daniel Day Lewis

YOU FUCKING WHAT.

McBain

Jimmy Zero
You know who I don't understand the hate for? Kristen Stewart. People seem to really fucking hate that girl. I don't get it. Is it because she cheated on that pale guy from Twilight? I've never seen any of those movies, so maybe she's completely off putting in them? I don't know. I thought she was pretty excellent in Adventureland, and she seems like a relatively normal, reasonably attractive young woman when I've seen her in talk show interviews.

Pablo Diablo
November 14th, 2012, 11:19 AM
It's because she always bites her lip.

Mark Hammer
November 14th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Please explain how playing a cocaine smuggler is in any way a traditional, conventional choice.

Please explain to me how it wasn't a "straight role" compared to the dark cartoony roles he is known for portraying. The fact that the character was a cocaine smuggler is irrelevant, he was still playing a normal, realistic person. The movie was a biography for crying out loud.

Mark Hammer
November 14th, 2012, 11:25 AM
You know who I don't understand the hate for? Kristen Stewart. People seem to really fucking hate that girl. I don't get it. Is it because she cheated on that pale guy from Twilight? I've never seen any of those movies, so maybe she's completely off putting in them? I don't know. I thought she was pretty excellent in Adventureland, and she seems like a relatively normal, reasonably attractive young woman when I've seen her in talk show interviews.

I can't put my finger on it but she screams bitchy cunt to me. I don't even care who she cheated on. She was recently interviewed and her body language just screamed "I am above this and don't want to be here".

Mark Hammer
November 14th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Everyone always references that film, but Travolta was the real star.

They both stole the show. Travolta was magnificent in that movie but you can't deny how great Cage's performance was as well.

McBain
November 14th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Depp had a pretty straight up role in that Dillinger flick too, didn't he? Public Enemies or something.

Jimmy Zero
November 14th, 2012, 11:29 AM
I can't put my finger on it but she screams bitchy cunt to me. I don't even care who she cheated on. She was recently interviewed and her body language just screamed "I am above this and don't want to be here".

I don't know, I think that's fair enough, if that's why you don't like her. But still, I'm assuming she got into acting because she wants to be an actor, not do the interviews and press and all the bullshit that comes with it. No one gets on Deniro for being a horrible interview. I'm not saying she's the girl version of Deniro, or anything, but I'd probably look like I didn't want to be there too, if I were in her shoes.

The Rogerer
November 14th, 2012, 11:30 AM
Please explain to me how it wasn't a "straight role" compared to the dark cartoony roles he is known for portraying. The fact that the character was a cocaine smuggler is irrelevant, he was still playing a normal, realistic person. The movie was a biography for crying out loud.Fair enough, but it's still not an average role, even if it's not cartoony. Still, some people seem surprised every time he does something. McBain listed another example, I guess I was employing hyperbole.

Mark Hammer
November 14th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Fair enough, but it's still not an average role, even if it's not cartoony. Still, some people seem surprised every time he does something. McBain listed another example, I guess I was employing hyperbole.

Yeah, for as long as he's been around and all the crazy characters he's portrayed it is a bit odd that anyone would ever be surprised by a role he's accepted.

VHS
November 14th, 2012, 11:48 AM
I've never particularly liked Anne Hathaway, can quite put my finger on it though. She's pretty, and a decent actress, but something about her annoys me. Maybe too many forgettable chick flicks? :confused:

McBain
November 14th, 2012, 11:48 AM
McBain listed another example, I guess I was employing hyperbole.

I got that. :) Wasn't trying to piss on your bonfire or anything, just sprang to mind.

takerson
November 14th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Depp was a pretty straight role (and a great one at that) in Donnie Brasco. I fucking love that movie.

I also like Nicholas Cage a lot. Face Off & Leaving Las Vegas are a couple of his best performances, but I've legit not seen a Cage performance (even contained within an otherwise bad movie) that I didn't like.

I can't stand Kristen Stewart, her face bothers me. :lol: Will Ferrell annoys the shit out of me. And Sandler is hit or miss with me. I can't think of any that I truly HATE.... I think I'm gonna have to hold out for more examples and go from there. :lol:

Cewsh
November 14th, 2012, 11:51 AM

Pretty much every actor and actress is above the dipshit media cycle they all have to go through everytime they make a movie that cost anything to make.

kangus
November 14th, 2012, 11:53 AM
JOHN CENA

Mark Hammer
November 14th, 2012, 12:06 PM
Pretty much every actor and actress is above the dipshit media cycle they all have to go through everytime they make a movie that cost anything to make.

Maybe but considering all the money, fame, and future opportunities those movies have opened up for them it's not too much to ask that they at least carry themselves with a decent attitude and pretend that they're grateful for all the admiration and accolades.

VHS
November 14th, 2012, 12:08 PM
I think she's really cute, but she's no actress. She's a dead-eyed block of wood that landed the role of the decade... so lucky for her the planets aligned. Too bad she turned out the way she did. Every time she's interviewed, she has to play off how apathetic she is to her craft and how "whatever" she is when it comes to her fans. Not a way for an actress to carry herself, especially when so many young teens see her as a role model.

Mark Hammer
November 14th, 2012, 12:11 PM
See I agree with that except I don't even think she's cute. At all. So zero redeeming qualities in my book.

McBain
November 14th, 2012, 12:18 PM
I barely know who she is. Winner.

The Rogerer
November 14th, 2012, 12:20 PM
She looks remarkably dour on screen. I can only guess she was the ideal choice for the fan-insert Twilight films because she's completely non threatening and most of the audience can safely assume all the monsters would pick them over her. No-one comes out of Twilight looking good though, so it's not entirely fair.

lotjx
November 14th, 2012, 12:34 PM
I sat through a 2 and half hour Snow White film where she had maybe 5 lines with a rather terrible speech at the end. Even with the limited amount of lines, she brought the film down three pegs. She is just not good

Cewsh
November 14th, 2012, 1:20 PM
Maybe but considering all the money, fame, and future opportunities those movies have opened up for them it's not too much to ask that they at least carry themselves with a decent attitude and pretend that they're grateful for all the admiration and accolades.

Just because someone is successful doesn't mean they owe it to the world to fellate every single person they meet after that. The attitude people have towards celebrities is one of bizarre entitlement.

Kdestiny
November 14th, 2012, 2:01 PM
Cameron Diaz, not a good actress and just annoying

The_Mike
November 14th, 2012, 2:33 PM

I don't get it either. She seemed fine in Snow White and the Huntsman. Never saw any of the Twilight films but from trailers and endless media spots it doesn't seem like she's a dead-eyed mannequin as she's usually described. And it's interesting that people get so aggressive in their dislike for her when they adore somebody like William Shatner.

I never realised quite how arduous that stuff must be to sit through until I saw one actor, I think on the Daily Show, explain that they just sit in a room for hours and hours and answer the same questions from the various networks and entertainment media over and over and over, and are expected to make it look like each interview is a unique, lively little encounter and not just part of a production line. I can imagine it gets very tiring.

Cewsh
November 14th, 2012, 2:38 PM
And the most bizarre part is that nobody even watches those interviews.

Guy
November 14th, 2012, 2:40 PM
Mark Wahlberg

Fucking yes.

Apart from his few recent comedy roles, I find him fucking aggravating.

He always play Mark Wahlberg, his accent is shit, everything he says sounds like a question, he ruined Max Payne and he's just fucking awful. Him and his massive fucking nostrils.

I don't mind him in comedies though as I'm actually supposed to laugh at him in those.

Guy
November 14th, 2012, 2:44 PM
Also the best part about all of Nicholas Cage's shit films is how entertainingly shit he is in them.

No man makes such a roller-coaster of baffling film choices as that man, how he hasn't become a straight to DVD actor with his recent run of utter turds with one word titles (Knowing, Next, Tresspass, Stolen) is beyond me.but I'm so glad he hasn't as it means every now and then he gets a movie like Kick Ass or Bad Lieutenant and reminds me how much I love the mental man.

WizoOzz
November 14th, 2012, 2:44 PM
Leo DiCaprio, Tom Cruise, and Cameron Diaz are all seconded.

The only thing I can deal with in Diaz's resume is There's Something About Mary. And frankly, I don't even like her in it. The movie's funny enough that she basically is a non-issue in it.

But Cruise and DiCaprio - yuck.

Jacknife
November 14th, 2012, 2:49 PM
Ben Stiller, Kevin James, Tyler Perry, Tim Allen, Vin Diesel, Tobey Maguire, Robert Downey Jr, Shia LeBeouf, Will Smith, Martin Lawrence, and Johnny Depp

Gary J
November 14th, 2012, 3:29 PM
Leo. I fucking hate Leo with a passion. To me, and I realize how much in the minority I am, he uses the same facial expressions to convey every emotion and just constantly looks like a smug prick while on screen. It's so bad that I often can't even watch a move that he's in.

I feel the exact same way about George Clooney.

Matty C
November 14th, 2012, 4:03 PM
I haven't seen much Clooney but you may have a point there.

Also, I agree with Cewsh regarding the entitled mindset people have toward celebrities. I don't understand it at all. These are people, not robots. Sometimes they're in a bad mood. Some of them are just straight up jerks. That doesn't make them bad at their jobs.

Mark Hammer
November 14th, 2012, 4:07 PM
Just because someone is successful doesn't mean they owe it to the world to fellate every single person they meet after that. The attitude people have towards celebrities is one of bizarre entitlement.

That's some crazy bullshit you're spewing. I'm not telling anyone to "fellate everybody" nor am I flexing a "sense of entitlement"; I'm saying don't be an ungrateful bitch. I doubt anybody on this planet outside of you sees anything wrong with that.

Mark Hammer
November 14th, 2012, 4:10 PM
I never realised quite how arduous that stuff must be to sit through until I saw one actor, I think on the Daily Show, explain that they just sit in a room for hours and hours and answer the same questions from the various networks and entertainment media over and over and over, and are expected to make it look like each interview is a unique, lively little encounter and not just part of a production line. I can imagine it gets very tiring.

It's also part of the (extremely well-paying and cushy) job.

Oh noooooo I have to hold out on spending my millions to answer a couple of questions, the travesty that is my life.

Cewsh
November 14th, 2012, 4:12 PM
That's some crazy bullshit you're spewing. I'm not telling anyone to "fellate everybody" nor am I flexing a "sense of entitlement"; I'm saying don't be an ungrateful bitch. I doubt anybody on this planet outside of you sees anything wrong with that.

I was making a general statement about people, not focusing on you in general. But how exactly does being disinterested in her 36th media junket interview that day make her "ungrateful"? What do you know about her personally to give you any indication that that is even remotely true aside from some weirdly slanted opinion you've formed based on her "body language" in an interview you saw?

You can feel free to hate whoever you want for whatever reasons you want. But don't say you aren't kind of an entitled prick and then turn around and say that she's an ungrateful bitch because she comes off to you as disinterested in one interview.

I really could not care less about Kristen Stewart, but this is the same fiddly entitled nonsense you find all over the internet.

Mark Hammer
November 14th, 2012, 4:16 PM
I gave an example of why I disliked her, and it was because she acted like a bitch when I saw her on tv. You chimed in to defend her basically saying she had every right to be a bitch. I disagree completely but you're entitled to your opinion. However you can't honestly question someone for disliking her for that.

Cewsh
November 14th, 2012, 4:21 PM
I gave an example of why I disliked her, and it was because she acted like a bitch when I saw her on tv. You chimed in to defend her basically saying she had every right to be a bitch. I disagree completely but you're entitled to your opinion. However you can't honestly question someone for disliking her for that.

I never said she had every right to be a bitch. I said that those interviews are demeaning and that celebrities shouldn't have to be sunshine and roses all the time for no reason. I have no idea what interview you saw, so I have no idea if I'd take issue with it or not. I just told you how your comments make you come off.

WizoOzz
November 15th, 2012, 11:24 AM
Relatively speaking, and not to make it into a "I have nipples, can you milk me?" style argument, I have a relatively cush job, but that doesn't mean that I don't have shit days. Everyone does. If a client of the firm I work for were to write me off as an asshole for seeing me on an off day, and I'm not denying that there are some people who would do that, but I'd find it rather offensive. Because, for the most part, I don't go out of my way to come across as an absolute cock.

Mik
November 15th, 2012, 11:34 AM
I don't see how anyone can hate Nicholas Cage.

He obviously stars in any old pile of tripe nowadays, but the man is charismatically batshit. He's so awful sometimes that he's legitimately amazing to watch.

I think that Cage, more than any actor working in the world today, needs a very strong director to lead him to a good performance. When he has one he can be great, when he doesnt have someone to tell him that some of his acting decisions are absolutely awful...he can be absolutely awful. He doesnt seem to be a good judge himself.

Adam Sandler. Every film that same fucking character with the same fucking whiny voice.

Sandler can be pretty talented when he isnt doing that same role over and over. The Wedding Singer, Punch Drunk Love, 50 First Dates, he was pretty good in those. Unfortunately he's gone the Eddie Murphy route of playing some ridiculous cartoon character, doing a few different roles and making brainless films that make an obscene amount of money considering how trash they are.

Vice mentioned Steve Carrell earlier. On that note he was phenomenal in The Office, Michael Scott was most definitely an iconic role and performance. But all of his movies minus The 40 Year-Old Virgin (which was just ok and that was thanks to the performance of his supporting cast) have been shit. I wish he'd never left the show because I haven't ever enjoyed him in anything else.

Carrell can play a good character I think. He was really good in Seeking a Friend for the End of the World. He plays a good line in vulnerable characters and is pleasant to watch.

Can we add Johnny Depp + Tim Burton. Those two fuckers should be separated surgically now. Got I need to stay out of this thread I feel like it's going to make me angry.

I think he's always been hit and miss. He's never been in a series of good films. Some of the bad is just so terrible. We watched Justice last year and it wasnt just that he was phoning it in, he was literally awful.

I don't like Ed Norton. Too 'actor-y', does that make sense?

He used to. Whats Eating Gilbert Grape and Finding Neverland both were. Working with Tim Burton has not just produced a load of really overrated average films, but I think that its ruining him as an actor as he does the same trashy kind of roles when he's not working with Burton these days. That one he did with Jolie last year was absolutely awful.

Leo. I fucking hate Leo with a passion. To me, and I realize how much in the minority I am, he uses the same facial expressions to convey every emotion and just constantly looks like a smug prick while on screen. It's so bad that I often can't even watch a move that he's in. I gave in and saw Inception. I enjoyed the film but he bothered me throughout. I saw The Departed and he practically ruined the whole thing for me. I didn't believe him for a second. I ended up thinking The Departed, which everyone I know raves about, was just meh. I think I actually preferred The Town.

Have you seen Shutter Island? Di Caprio was solid pre-Titanic is stuff like Gilbert Grape, Basketball Diaries and This Boy's Life, but went dreadful for a bit around Titanic, however I've started to like him again in the last few years.

I think she's really cute, but she's no actress. She's a dead-eyed block of wood that landed the role of the decade... so lucky for her the planets aligned. Too bad she turned out the way she did. Every time she's interviewed, she has to play off how apathetic she is to her craft and how "whatever" she is when it comes to her fans. Not a way for an actress to carry herself, especially when so many young teens see her as a role model.

Yeah, Stewart is just a vacuum of personality, she can only really play one character, it just happened that she was lucky that her acting was perfect for a role that exploded and came to define a generation of young girls. Watching Snow White and the Huntsman was interesting because the little girl playing a young Snow White was full of personality and character and that really amplified just how dull Stewart is as an actress when she took over the role. She's still young though, so it may change, at the moment she doesnt really have any range.

Mik
November 15th, 2012, 11:36 AM
The Stewart being a bitch debate is weird. Yes press junkets are tiring and people sometimes end up being in a bit of a mood, and making a judgement based on that alone is a bit unfair. However, Stewart tends to just be like that in press junkets, I'm not sure that it is that she's a bitch, she just doesnt have a lot of personality, so they dont suit her. However, they are an essential part of promoting a movie, so they need to be done.

Alf
November 15th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Whenever I've seen her interviewed she comes across as intense and, frankly, massively pretentious. Like hearing her talk about her role as Bella and going into lots of airy fairy detail about her performance choices. Maybe that's why people don't like her.

kangus
November 15th, 2012, 11:44 AM
I, too, would rate her as very dull. I think dull can work as a secondary character but not so much as a lead.

Jacknife
November 15th, 2012, 11:51 AM
your mom's dull

Mik
November 15th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Dont even bother with 'your mom' jokes in here. Contribute to the discussion or dont post thank you.

I dont hate the actor at all, but Ben Affleck NEEDS to stop casting himself as a lead actor in his films. Argo was great, but he is just absolutely blank. He is fine being a minor player, but he isnt a lead actor at all.

WizoOzz
November 15th, 2012, 11:55 AM
^10,000,000 times this.

I forgot how much I hate Ben Affleck.

Alf
November 15th, 2012, 11:58 AM
He is another one that seems to have declined. He was never a fantastic actor but he was interesting and had the 'look. But yeah, he really has hit the shitter.

This one might be controversial, but Kevin Spacey. I like him in Usual Suspects and American Beauty... but I hate him in everything else. He over-acts. He essentially just plays Kevin Spacey (which is fine, a lot of actors do it [Brad Pitt]). There's something unsavoury about him.

Mik
November 15th, 2012, 12:00 PM
It seems that the better a film-maker he has become, the worse an actor.

Guy
November 15th, 2012, 1:07 PM
Probably distracted in all fairness.

I never got the outright hate for him as an actor. Though I can understand people disliking his smirky face.

Jacknife
November 15th, 2012, 1:35 PM
Eddie Murphy. Has he done anything good since Bowfinger? When did his career start to suck? Nutty Professor?

Jacknife
November 15th, 2012, 1:35 PM
He is another one that seems to have declined. He was never a fantastic actor but he was interesting and had the 'look. But yeah, he really has hit the shitter.

This one might be controversial, but Kevin Spacey. I like him in Usual Suspects and American Beauty... but I hate him in everything else. He over-acts. He essentially just plays Kevin Spacey (which is fine, a lot of actors do it [Brad Pitt]). There's something unsavoury about him.

I'd add Seven to the list of films I like him in.

WizoOzz
November 15th, 2012, 2:43 PM
Eddie Murphy could come back, though. He's been terrible, honestly, since the 90's. You could probably boil that down to that last attempt to milk the saggy, dried-up teat of the Beverly Hills Cop franchise with the third installment. From there, you're looking at some really, really horrifyingly bad choices. Metro, Life, Showtime, Pluto Nash. I mean, really. Bad, bad choices. He almost swung back around with Dreamgirls in terms of critical response.

In all fairness, he's a good stand-up performance away from a really solid comeback. I mean, Trading Places, Coming to America, the two 48 hrs. and the first two BHC's were good.

I guess he's just thankful to have that Donkey money sitting in the bank, right?

kangus
November 15th, 2012, 2:46 PM
I actually liked him in Life, I thought it was a pretty solid movie.

Beer-Belly
November 15th, 2012, 5:38 PM
I don't hate her by any means, but her personality grates. It's that faux awkward "I don't feel comfortable being famous despite the fact that I continue to except roles in huge franchise movies" shit that gets on my nerves. I hated Adventureland. It was "White People Problems: The Movie".

I'll never understand how anyone can hate Will Ferrell. He's been in a few stinkers, but I think he's one of the more durable comedic actors in recent memory. He can pull off more serious work as well. I thought he was legitimately great in Everything Must Go.

Guy
November 15th, 2012, 5:42 PM
He wasn't too shabby in Stranger Than Fiction either, even if the film itself was hit and miss

Mik
November 15th, 2012, 5:44 PM
Eddie Murphy could come back, though. He's been terrible, honestly, since the 90's. You could probably boil that down to that last attempt to milk the saggy, dried-up teat of the Beverly Hills Cop franchise with the third installment. From there, you're looking at some really, really horrifyingly bad choices. Metro, Life, Showtime, Pluto Nash. I mean, really. Bad, bad choices. He almost swung back around with Dreamgirls in terms of critical response.

In all fairness, he's a good stand-up performance away from a really solid comeback. I mean, Trading Places, Coming to America, the two 48 hrs. and the first two BHC's were good.

I guess he's just thankful to have that Donkey money sitting in the bank, right?

Murphy only really seems to be interested in the cheque he receives which is a shame because he was a damn good comedic actor. He'd be better suited looking for the good roles, he really is capable of them.

Beer-Belly
November 15th, 2012, 5:49 PM
Ferrell is sometimes best used in non lead roles. Ashley Schaeffer is one of my all time comedic villains.

The Truth
November 15th, 2012, 6:26 PM
Shia LaBeouf. Just find him to be unlikeable. Plus, he went through a particularly annoying phase where he starred in an atrocious movie and then promised the next one would be absolutely amazing. "TRANSFORMERS 2 SUCKED?! TRUST ME, INDIE WILL BE THE BEST YET! WHAT, INDIE SUCKED?! WAIT 'TIL YOU SEE WALL STREET 2!" etc.

Although, to be fair, I thought he was good in Lawless.

Simmo Fortyone
November 15th, 2012, 7:06 PM
Shia LaBeouf. The way he talks reminds me of Bob from Becker, that sitcom Ted Danson was in for a while. Very jarring.

Agreed with whoever said Julia Roberts. Incredibly overrated in my book.

VHS
November 15th, 2012, 7:40 PM
Keira Knightley. Doing timepiece movies and showing your boobs doesn't make you a good actress.

Jimmy Zero
November 15th, 2012, 7:40 PM
Good call. I hate Keira Knightley. Her and her 12 year old boy body.

McBain
November 15th, 2012, 7:46 PM
I actually think Brad Pitt is a fantastic actor. He has "it".

12 Monkeys, Burn After Reading, Se7en, all great performances and difficult to see how they could be classed as him just "playing himself".

Fro
November 15th, 2012, 8:13 PM
Pitt has the "it" factor, and I don't hate him, but he's a limited actor who mostly plays himself and my interest in his films is waning. I actually haven't even seen Ben Button yet because it seems kind of boring. I'm sure I'll catch it at some point. He was good in Moneyball, which I did think was overrated, but not because of Pitt.

Eddie Murphy was probably my single favorite 80s actor but I can't deny that he's awful now.

McBain
November 15th, 2012, 8:29 PM
I don't plan to see Benjamin Button. Everyone whose opinion I respect says it's awful.

RuneEdge
November 15th, 2012, 9:02 PM
I thought Benjamin Button wasnt too bad. Its not brilliant but good enough that I felt it was worth watching. If anything should stop you from watching it, its the fact that its almost 3 hours long.
I personally dont know anyone who watched it and didnt like it.

McBain
November 15th, 2012, 9:07 PM
The main gripe I hear is that it's very long and boring. That's enough for me to not bother.

The only freakish age movie I need to see is Jack.

RuneEdge
November 15th, 2012, 9:21 PM
Its not so boring when you realise the movie's kinda split into 3 portions. You got the first part which is about him being young but looking old, then theres the bit in the middle where his physical appearance and age start to line up, then theres the last part which is about him being old but looking young.
It didnt feel like one story dragged out over 3 hours, but more like 3 one hour stories.

virms
November 15th, 2012, 9:27 PM
Vin Diesel. I have never liked him. I have only seen him in a few things but he has just always irked me.

Jackie Chan is on this list as well mainly due to the constant comparisons to bruce lee and a lot of people saying he was just better all around. :wtf:

I will never he able to fully hate Nicolas Cage. He has done so much good in film. I can understand the hate for him but when you sit back and look at his career overall I will always be happy with the collective body of work.

Mark Hammer
November 15th, 2012, 11:13 PM
Pitt has the "it" factor, and I don't hate him, but he's a limited actor who mostly plays himself and my interest in his films is waning. I actually haven't even seen Ben Button yet because it seems kind of boring. I'm sure I'll catch it at some point. He was good in Moneyball, which I did think was overrated, but not because of Pitt.

Eddie Murphy was probably my single favorite 80s actor but I can't deny that he's awful now.

Oh wow, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button was a wonderful movie, you're missing out. It was a bit too long though.

Mark Hammer
November 15th, 2012, 11:15 PM
I don't plan to see Benjamin Button. Everyone whose opinion I respect says it's awful.

They have awful opinions in movies then. 8/10 movie easily.

Mark Hammer
November 15th, 2012, 11:18 PM
Vin Diesel. I have never liked him. I have only seen him in a few things but he has just always irked me.

Vin Diesel was terrible. Thank God his popularity finally died off.

I'll never forget the time he was in the audience at a UFC show and Joe Rogan was clowning on him for wearing his sunglasses inside (which happens to be another thing that irks me).

Jacknife
November 15th, 2012, 11:29 PM
Luis Guzman I can't stand either.

VanillaJello
November 16th, 2012, 12:45 AM
I will never hate Cage as an actor... The Wicker Man sealed my eternal love for him.

Mik
November 16th, 2012, 5:27 AM
I think with brad Pitt it's not so much that he's always playing himself, it's more that his acting style always contains the same brad Pitt mannerisms regardless of which character he plays, with a few exceptions. It's not that he's a bad actor by any means, he has a great filmography, it's just that many of his characters are portrayed in a very similar way. He is quite a lot like this generations Tom cruise in that respect.

The one notable exception is The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, where he is tremendous. I rather enjoyed the curious case of Benjamin button.

The Rogerer
November 16th, 2012, 5:58 AM
Speaking of Keira Knightly, is it possible to do an advert and not come across as insufferable or terrible? Knightly and her Star Wars twin, Portman, were both in perfume ads recently and look like idiots.

She must know how annoying this is, right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_Lj58hsOO4

The winner

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1L_dYA3t58

I can understand if they don't really want to do the advert or they just want to take the money and run but are they purposely allowing themselves to look weird?

Mark Hammer
November 16th, 2012, 6:08 AM
I think with brad Pitt it's not so much that he's always playing himself, it's more that his acting style always contains the same brad Pitt mannerisms regardless of which character he plays, with a few exceptions. It's not that he's a bad actor by any means, he has a great filmography, it's just that many of his characters are portrayed in a very similar way. He is quite a lot like this generations Tom cruise in that respect.

The one notable exception is The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford, where he is tremendous. I rather enjoyed the curious case of Benjamin button.

He was also very "un-Pitt" in Inglourious Basterds. I loved him in that movie btw.

Mik
November 16th, 2012, 6:20 AM
Rogerer, I remember George Clooney explaining some actors mindsets towards such adverts on inside the actors studio.

Its around 43 minutes into this video:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLk_gCg-BOM

MMH
November 16th, 2012, 7:14 AM
Elijah Wood - gets a pass for LOTR, but everything else he does is awful.

He was good in Everything is Illuminated. Great film that.

Ill have to think about who I dont like but off the top of my head im not a huge Michael Caine fan.

McBain
November 16th, 2012, 8:42 AM
Mik has a fair point about Pitt's mannerisms.

And yes, Jesse James was brilliant. Perhaps a tad long at the end.

Jacknife
November 16th, 2012, 9:07 AM
He was good until he cheated on Sandra.

lotjx
November 16th, 2012, 9:27 AM
I am ok with Pitt mainly for Bastards, Fight Club and I did like two of the three Ocean movies. I mean Seven was amazing too. So, I am ok with him, his wife on the other hand. I only liked her in Wanted and even then, she had maybe 10 lines.

McBain
November 16th, 2012, 9:58 AM

Have you not seen him in Se7en? One of my favourite performances by anyone.

He's also quite likeable in K-Pax.

Beefy
November 16th, 2012, 10:39 AM
I don't know why but I've always found it very strange that someone can dislike Will Smith. A good friend of mine really dislikes him but I enjoy him in most things he's done since Fresh Prince.

Tom Cruise would be my pick. Can't stand the midget. I don't like Nic Cage much either although he won me round a bit in Kick Ass.

Alf
November 16th, 2012, 10:46 AM
Totally forgot about Se7en. He's ok in that. He doesn't have to do much.

I'm the opposite on Cruise. I genuinely think he's great.

RESPECT THE COCK

son_of_foley
November 16th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Totally forgot about Se7en. He's ok in that. He doesn't have to do much.

I'm the opposite on Cruise. I genuinely think he's great.

RESPECT THE COCK

I like Tom Cruise too we should watch The Last Samurai together on Blu-Ray

Jacknife
November 16th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Valkyrie was awesome. I never saw the Last Samurai but I've heard good things about it.

I hate that guy from SNL. Bill Hader. Annoys the shit out of me.

The_Mike
November 16th, 2012, 12:18 PM
It's also part of the (extremely well-paying and cushy) job.

Oh noooooo I have to hold out on spending my millions to answer a couple of questions, the travesty that is my life.

Answering the same five questions for twelve hours a day for four days straight is going to wear on just about anyone, no matter how well paid they are. And while lead actors are vastly overpaid, it's not always a cushy job. Some actors have to starve themselves or seriously bulk up for a role, it can be emotionally and physically exhausting to do intense scenes over and over and over again for 18 hour days, and sometimes there are pretty rough physical consequences. Natalie Portman wrecked her toes just to prance around dressed like a swan. She won an Oscar for that so it's a bit of an extreme example but if we're going to deliberately overstate our cases and pretend like a press junket is just answering a couple of questions and acting is just reading form a sheet of paper, let's go for it.

I really do see what Cewsh means by sense of entitlement here. There's also a complete lack of understanding of what acting actually entails. I'd much rather be earning 5 million dollars for three months' work shooting a movie than earning 40 grand a year digging coal out of the ground, obviously, and there are enormous perks to that sort of job once you make any kind of name for yourself, but let's not kid ourselves and act like it's simply unreasonable for an actor to get tired and not be eternally chipper and fawning over the public who buy tickets to see them and the press who never leave them alone.

Cewsh
November 16th, 2012, 1:03 PM
I don't see a lot of people calling Harrison Ford a douchebag, even though he's one of the worst interviews imaginable.

Jacknife
November 16th, 2012, 2:02 PM
Yeah when Bruno interviewed him he told him to fuck off what a jerk.

Mark Hammer
November 16th, 2012, 2:05 PM
I really do see what Cewsh means by sense of entitlement here.

You do? So you would agree with him that we shouldn't judge actors based on how they carry themselves, like we would judge every other person in the world? Actors are the one group that are off limits for us to rationalize negatively as people, is what Cewsh was saying with his "sense of entitlement" line. I'm glad you can follow that train of thought because I certainly can't.

Cewsh
November 16th, 2012, 2:32 PM
You do? So you would agree with him that we shouldn't judge actors based on how they carry themselves, like we would judge every other person in the world? Actors are the one group that are off limits for us to rationalize negatively as people, is what Cewsh was saying with his "sense of entitlement" line. I'm glad you can follow that train of thought because I certainly can't.

Perhaps you can't follow that train of thought because you keep driving it off the rails. Because you've grossly misinterpreted every post I've made thus far.

Mark Hammer
November 16th, 2012, 2:34 PM
Dax Shephard or whatever his name is. He really rubs me the wrong way.

Cewsh
November 16th, 2012, 2:38 PM
You criticized people for using an interview as a basis to judge and dislike an actress. And you wrote it off as people with an unfounded "sense of entitlement".

Your posts in this thread seem to indicate that you feel like actors and actresses should be required to be pleasant to your specifications because they get paid large amounts of money to do a job you consider to be easy. That means that you feel entitled to a certain level or charming pleasantry from them, and you are being critical about someone who you view to be lacking it. And that's fucking ridiculous.

Mark Hammer
November 16th, 2012, 2:52 PM
Your posts in this thread seem to indicate that you feel like actors and actresses should be required to be pleasant to your specifications because they get paid large amounts of money to do a job you consider to be easy. That means that you feel entitled to a certain level or charming pleasantry from them, and you are being critical about someone who you view to be lacking it. And that's fucking ridiculous.

No, I'm saying they should suck it up and stop being a bitch just because they have to do some boring interviews. There is no "sense of entitlement" there, all human beings judge other human beings based on their actions. You are the one being obnoxious and ridiculous. She is in the public's eye, how on earth can you possibly expect her not to get negative feedback when she acts so arrogant and ungrateful of the many people who (for whatever reason) actually do like her?

Matty C
November 16th, 2012, 3:14 PM
Some people just don't come across well in those things. Stewart my be a legitimate ass. I have no idea. I can't pretend to know here based off of some interviews though. And even if she is an ass, I don't care. Her acting is really all I care about. Wait, poor example, but you get what I mean. I don't need actors to be great people as well. Just as long as they can entertain me doing their actual job I'm happy.

Even then, someone who is a great person and comes across well most of the time can have a bad day. Why should they get lambasted just for being human and snapping at the 1,000th dickhead who happened to have a go at them that day in an airport?

It's really the second part that absolutely don't get. I realize that some people need their actors to also seems like likeable people. But I don't get why one tired outburst can completely ruin someone's career. These people are human.

Cewsh
November 16th, 2012, 3:15 PM
No, I'm saying they should suck it up and stop being a bitch just because they have to do some boring interviews. There is no "sense of entitlement" there, all human beings judge other human beings based on their actions. You are the one being obnoxious and ridiculous. She is in the public's eye, how on earth can you possibly expect her not to get negative feedback when she acts so arrogant and ungrateful of the many people who (for whatever reason) actually do like her?

See, the problematic word in there is "ungrateful". That you include that at all pretty much spells out my entire point. She's famous, so she should be so grateful that she's never bitchy at all.

Kdestiny
November 16th, 2012, 3:42 PM
Renee Zellweger can be added to the list. Don't think she is any good and her voice makes me want to punch things

The Rogerer
November 16th, 2012, 4:48 PM
Rogerer, I remember George Clooney explaining some actors mindsets towards such adverts on inside the actors studio.

Its around 43 minutes into this video:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLk_gCg-BOMCheers. I don't hold it against anyone, I just wonder if they're saying "Fuck it" and almost shitting over the thing in the process. The ad director isn't going to call them out, and they're working with absolute tripe. Maybe most of these ads aren't being shown in the US as Clooney says, and they don't give two shits. The new Penelope Cruz one for the 3DS Professor Layton is so weird I wonder if they just couldn't bring themselves to put it on TV.

Guy
November 16th, 2012, 4:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYkw-5htPw0

Why I love Nicholas Cage.

Fucking madness

Matty C
November 16th, 2012, 5:00 PM
Renee Zellweger can be added to the list. Don't think she is any good and her voice makes me want to punch things

Yes, definitely kd. I don't mind her in Jerry McGuire but anything else I've seen her in I find her incredibly annoying.

I steal cable
November 16th, 2012, 5:45 PM
Jude twatty Law

my god he is awful

every film he's been in he just sucks the life out of it.... although I did enjoy The Talented Mr. Ripley because Matt Damon bludgeoned him to death with an oar

kangus
November 16th, 2012, 5:47 PM
I think Mary has a crush on Jude Law.

I steal cable
November 16th, 2012, 5:52 PM
He reminds me of some good looking guy you meet at a party. Chat with them for 10 seconds and then wish you started a conversation with the wall you are now currently smacking your head upon.

Vice
November 16th, 2012, 5:55 PM
Jude twatty Law

my god he is awful

every film he's been in he just sucks the life out of it.... although I did enjoy The Talented Mr. Ripley because Matt Damon bludgeoned him to death with an oar

I kind of enjoyed him in Enemy at the Gates. Thought he played his character quite well. He was a fantastic little shit in Closer and I enjoyed him being destroyed so horribly by the film's end, which made it all so, so worth it.

Generally not a fan of him though.

G-Fresh
November 16th, 2012, 6:31 PM
Tom Hanks, Vin Diesel, Tom Cruise, Tyler Perry, Ben Affleck, Brad Pitt, Jude Law, and the transvestite donkey witch herself Sarah Jessica Parker.

I kind of enjoyed him in Enemy at the Gates.

I fell asleep at the theater during that shit.

Jimmy Zero
November 16th, 2012, 7:47 PM
How can anyone hate Tom Hanks?

G-Fresh
November 16th, 2012, 7:54 PM
I try not to judge, but he pissed me off when he was in The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons.

Jimmy Zero
November 16th, 2012, 8:01 PM
To each their own.

I think the guy's great.

Fro
November 16th, 2012, 9:21 PM
I try not to judge, but he pissed me off when he was in The Da Vinci Code and Angels & Demons.

Yeah, those movies were very bland. Great books turned dull movies seem to be the trend these days. Cloud Atlas looks terrible, I don't know how anyone was excited for it. I'm trying to think of what Hanks' last good (non-animated) film was... Charlie Wilson's War?

That being said I don't hate Hanks, he's still the man. He just needs to pick some better scripts.

Mark Hammer
November 17th, 2012, 1:16 AM
Pick some better scripts? Most of his movies are excellent.

mr sabu
November 17th, 2012, 4:11 AM
Anna Faris

MikeHunt
November 17th, 2012, 5:26 AM
She may be shit but I really really want to see her fanny.

Mark Hammer
November 17th, 2012, 6:00 AM
I'd like to do more than just see it.

Pete Cash
November 17th, 2012, 6:14 AM
Have you seen Shutter Island? Di Caprio was solid pre-Titanic is stuff like Gilbert Grape, Basketball Diaries and This Boy's Life, but went dreadful for a bit around Titanic, however I've started to like him again in the last few years.

lmao what are you talking about. Aren't you supposed to be knowledgeable about films. The films in between Titanic (which is at worst an ok film) and his simply amazing output over the last 10 years plus are the poor man in the iron mask and the beach plus celebrity which i haven't seen but reviews seem to suggest is inconsistent.

Since then he has been in

Catch me if you can
Gangs of New York
The Aviator
The Departed
Blood Diamond
Body Of Lies (not a great film but can't fault Leo or Crow)
Revolutionary Road
Shutter Island
Inception
J Edgar.

So by last few years you mean last 13 years or so. Jesus Mik have a word mate.

It actually hurts my brain that anyone can dislike DiCaprio. I guess its just a spooky coincidence he is in all those great movies.

Pete Cash
November 17th, 2012, 6:16 AM
Also Ben Affleck is ok in Argo. Plenty of the actors are a bit bland. Its more the tension and in my opinion top notch direction that makes that film great. I did have a bit of a lol at the random shirt off scene at the end. Thanks for that Ben.

Mark Hammer
November 17th, 2012, 6:46 AM
Yeah I have to side with Pete here. Solid list of movies mentioned (The Departed, Gangs of New York, and Catch Me If You Can being 3 of my all-time favorites), I don't think Leo has ever been "dreadful" at any point in his career. Mik probably just got burnt out on Titanic like the rest of us, but that's more the fault of media and women than it is of Leo's.

Ringo
November 17th, 2012, 7:01 AM
Leo isn't dreadful but I can generally take him or leave him. I don't like Inception or The Departed, but he's far from the best thing about those movies. He can fall a bit flat.

I enjoyed him in Revolutionary Road and Blood Diamond is obviously amazing. This is Efrica.

I like Affleck more. Probably in part because he always comes across as such a thoroughly nice and thoughtful chap.

Alf
November 17th, 2012, 7:15 AM
lmao what are you talking about. Aren't you supposed to be knowledgeable about films. The films in between Titanic (which is at worst an ok film) and his simply amazing output over the last 10 years plus are the poor man in the iron mask and the beach plus celebrity which i haven't seen but reviews seem to suggest is inconsistent.

Catch me if you can
Gangs of New York
The Aviator
The Departed
Blood Diamond
Revolutionary Road
Shutter Island
Inception
J Edgar.

It actually hurts my brain that anyone can dislike DiCaprio. I guess its just a spooky coincidence he is in all those great movies.

Solid movies but Leo is the same in all of them. The quality of the total movie doesnt have to mean leo was ace in them. Compared to his pre titanic output (like Mik said) he seems to have become safe. Gilbert grape is an incredible performance. Truly incredible. Where did that brave Leo go? He definitely can offer more than he does.

Alf
November 17th, 2012, 7:17 AM
He reminds me of some good looking guy you meet at a party. Chat with them for 10 seconds and then wish you started a conversation with the wall you are now currently smacking your head upon.

That didn't happen, did it Mary?

Mark Hammer
November 17th, 2012, 7:23 AM
She chatted with him for 10 seconds and wished she was smacking her head against his pelvis.

mr sabu
November 17th, 2012, 7:29 AM
martin lawerece

Mik
November 17th, 2012, 7:45 AM

Catch me if you can
Gangs of New York
The Aviator
The Departed
Blood Diamond
Revolutionary Road
Shutter Island
Inception
J Edgar.

Thats a bit of a strong response considering you're agreeing with me but for the fact that I didn't realise that Catch Me If You Can was 13 bloody years ago, only seems like 5 minutes since I saw it in the pictures. He went to shit after Titanic for a while and has been good since was my sentiment and that completely lines up with what you said. Stop over-reacting Pete.

Mik
November 17th, 2012, 7:47 AM
Also, gangs of New York was good, but he was widely criticised for his role in it. Besides, in general I am defending Leo, so I'm not really sure why you've took such umbrage there. In fairness though, although his roles improved with catch me if you can, I didn't really start liking him again until the departed.

as for the kristen Stewart debate from the last page, I agree with both sides. Nobody says that an actor has to be all sunshine and light doing a press junket. Neither ford nor de Niro ever were...but they DID always get criticism for that. However it's misleading to claim that Stewart was just 'having a bad day', she's always like that.

The Rogerer
November 17th, 2012, 8:50 AM
People will claim to find Kristen more annoying now because of her portrayal in the media. Ever since she shagged her director there is a constant rush to get her on the front page and analyse every outfit she wears and thing she says. If nothing distracts them she could have this constant treatment for years to come. The front page of the National Enquirer is STILL regularly about Jennifer Aniston and Angelina Jolie.

Kristen and Leo have in common that people will hate them because of their fanbase. The Leo thing is a weird hangover as people would have dismissed him as a prettyboy, etc, because girls fancied him and he did Titanic.

Atty
November 17th, 2012, 10:36 AM
Pick some better scripts? Most of his movies are excellent.

Not just that, but he had one of the greatest runs any actor has ever had (from Big to just before The Ladykillers), where everything he touched was astounding. He hasn't shot as many movies the past decade, but that doesn't change what he's done. Plus, Toy Story 3 was a few years ago and while it was a cartoon, fuck you all, it's brilliant.

Looking it up, he went in order: A League of their Own, Sleepless in Seattle, Philadelphia, Forrest Gump, Apollo 13, Toy Story, That Thing You Do! (as his directing debut), From the Earth to the Moon, Saving Private Ryan, Toy Story 2, The Green Mile, Cast Away, Band of Brothers, Catch Me if You Can. That's quite the run.

Tom Hanks rules, Shia LaBouf drools.

Matty C
November 17th, 2012, 11:16 AM
I believe I started the Leo stuff, so Pete's post probably should have been aimed at me. Mik is just a bigger wheel around here so he took the brunt. :lol:

Of the movies listed, I've seen three of them:

Inception - I enjoyed it. He was passable.

Gangs of New York - Terrible. I've never made it through an entire viewing because he's so blantantly bad in it. I don't believe him for a second, nor is Diaz any good. Daniel Day Lewis was awesome though. His character was the single reason I attempted to watch it more than once and I enjoyed the world they created with the sets, storyline and dialogue. The execution, outside of Lewis, just wasn't there for me.

The Departed - Didn't get the hype. Again, I didn't buy Leo for a second. He's not a badass. He doesn't come across as vulnerable to me when he should. He just seems wooden. I didn't think Nicholson was all that great either. He seemed to forget and randomly remember that he was meant to be Irish throughout and generally just did his normal shtick, which I didn't feel worked in this movie. Strangly enough, I thought Wahlberg was the best part of the film.

My brothers-in-law (twins) have been after me about Blood Diamond but I haven't been able to bring myself to give it a shot yet.

Kdestiny
November 17th, 2012, 11:33 AM
I don't like Kristen Stewart because she is a shit actress and needs to stay off of the screen I am watching at all times. She just seems to bring my day down every time I see her.

Fro
November 17th, 2012, 11:54 AM
Solid movies but Leo is the same in all of them. The quality of the total movie doesnt have to mean leo was ace in them. Compared to his pre titanic output (like Mik said) he seems to have become safe. Gilbert grape is an incredible performance. Truly incredible. Where did that brave Leo go? He definitely can offer more than he does.

How can you say he is the same in The Aviator, J Edgar, The Departed, Blood Diamond and Gangs? I realize a role is more than just an accent but to me those are a very diverse plate of characters.

He's finally playing a villain in Django Unchained and I can't wait to see how he does with it.

Matty C
November 17th, 2012, 12:24 PM
I can't speak to the others but his roles in The Departed and Gangs were very similar and played almost identically.

Fro
November 17th, 2012, 12:44 PM
That's fair. They're very similar stories, both young men rising in the ranks under an overbearing crime boss who secretly want to take that boss down. Both sort of shy and timid with bursts of anger and violence.

The others I mentioned are nothing like that though. I particularly love him in The Aviator which to me is his best performance post-Gilbert Grape.

Jimmy Zero
November 17th, 2012, 1:38 PM
Leo was even good on Growing Pains.

Mark Hammer
November 17th, 2012, 6:51 PM
Just Wiki'd Kristen Stewart and discovered that her dad was a stage manger/ tv producer while her mom was a screenplay editor. In case anyone was wondering how she ever managed to become an actress much less get roles in big movies. I dislike her even more now than I did before.

Mark Hammer
November 17th, 2012, 6:53 PM
I can't speak to the others but his roles in The Departed and Gangs were very similar and played almost identically.

I never noticed that but you are right. It's been years since I've seen either movie but I can think of a handful of parallels between the two characters just off the top of my head.

The Rogerer
November 17th, 2012, 6:54 PM
It's pretty easy to hate someone like that if you want to. Twilight doesn't make anyone look good, but it's popular with young girls so everyone likes to pile on it.

VanillaJello
November 17th, 2012, 7:27 PM
I thought Wahlberg was fantastic in The Departed.

:shifty:

Mark Hammer
November 17th, 2012, 7:31 PM
I enjoyed his role. But I'm one of the (seemingly) few who actually likes him and his movies.

virms
November 17th, 2012, 9:44 PM
Leo was even good on Growing Pains.

I was actually going to mention this. I was on a Leo hate spree after Titanic and just didnt want to give him the time of day. I thought he was an over rated piece of shit and never paid him any mind. Then I was watching a run of reruns of Growing Pains and had no clue he was even on there. His dramatic scenes on there are honestly heart ripping believe it or not. After that I gave him the time of day again and I am really glad I did. He has been in a filth of great movies.

Whoever is bashing Tom Hanks needs to fuck off.

I will even concede to liking Mr. Marky Mark. The actor not the poster.

;)

Fro
November 18th, 2012, 1:47 AM

Who didn't? He even got an Oscar nod for it over Nicholson.

I like Wahlberg. He's not an amazing actor or anything but he has a certain likability and can carry a lead role. He was good in The Fighter, Shooter and The Other Guys, to name the three movies I've seen him in most recently. Haven't seen Ted yet but people seemed to like it.

Mark Hammer
November 18th, 2012, 2:08 AM
Yeah, Ted was pretty good. Wahlberg's a better actor than people give him credit. He shines in both serious roles and comedic ones.

Beefy
November 20th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Robin Williams. What a cock.

Mik
November 20th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Even in the roles when he's not being a cock?

Alf
November 20th, 2012, 10:49 AM
I really enjoy him in Good Will Hunting and Insomnia.

Beefy
November 20th, 2012, 10:56 AM
Even in the roles when he's not being a cock?

I don't think I've seen him in many films, to be honest. I really dislike the Robin Williams persona he puts on in pretty much every interview I've ever seen with him though. He seems to play a character and that character is a cock.

Ringo
November 20th, 2012, 11:03 AM
I think he's rather terrific in World's Greatest Dad too. Really good movie that went a bit under the radar.

MMH
November 20th, 2012, 12:23 PM
I loved him in One Hour Photo. Really sinister and weird.

He can be rather samey though.

Vice
November 20th, 2012, 1:11 PM
I really dislike the Robin Williams persona he puts on in pretty much every interview I've ever seen with him though.

I tend to enjoy him as an actor, and he's had some fantastic stuff, but I totally agree with this point right here. When he was on Inside the Actors Studio, I came so close to changing the channel multiple times. You ask him the very basic of questions or say the most harmless thing, and he will jump out of his chair and do a crazy 3 minute stand-up bit. Arg.

Alf
November 20th, 2012, 1:16 PM
He looks like he would absolutely stink too.

lotjx
November 20th, 2012, 1:24 PM
He totally got robbed for the Oscar in Good Morning Vietnam. Also the Genie in Aladdin was tremendous.

Mik
November 20th, 2012, 7:29 PM
He's the weirdest actor of being so ridiculously over the top shit when he's asked for a certain thing and absolutely heart breakingly great when he's asked for something else. By a mile the best straight acting comedy actor I can think of.

Good will hunting
insomnia
awakenings
what dreams may come
good morning vietnam
One hour photo

Marvellous.

Jacknife
November 20th, 2012, 7:30 PM
Nah Jim Carrey is better.

Mik
November 20th, 2012, 7:34 PM
In what? Man on the moon, the Truman show and eternal sunshine? Carrey is great in those films, but Williams is better.

Jimmy Zero
November 20th, 2012, 7:51 PM
Jim Carrey can't even come close to touching Robin Williams when it comes to serious fare.

Ochoa
November 20th, 2012, 8:08 PM
Michael Cera. The only one I could give him a pass on is Scott Pilgrim.. mayyyybe Superbad. Speaking of which... no one has mentioned Seth f'n Rogen yet. He's not funny.

EDIT: Made me think of another one. Jack Black. Don't understand the love for him.

Kdestiny
November 20th, 2012, 8:30 PM
I don't hate Cera, I just think he is getting to be a tired act. I can understand why people can hate him though for sure.

Sure, let's throw Black onto the list, I have been annoyed by his bad humor for too long

mth
November 20th, 2012, 8:56 PM
I already put Jack Black on the list a couple pages back, gents.

As for Robin Williams, yeah, the dude's a lunatic in interviews and such but as an actor, I've got far less issues with him. I don't bother with the crummy comedies he's been in the past while and he's fantastic in serious roles (love me some One Hour Photo).

Derek
November 24th, 2012, 3:39 AM
Jesse Eisenberg and Michael Cera.

Fro
November 24th, 2012, 4:38 AM
In what? Man on the moon, the Truman show and eternal sunshine? Carrey is great in those films, but Williams is better.

Jim Carrey can't even come close to touching Robin Williams when it comes to serious fare.

It's definitely true that Williams has the stronger dramatic resumé, but when you consider that Carrey has better comedies it's much closer than you all are leading on.

man on the moon
truman show
eternal sunshine
ace ventura
ace ventura 2
dumb and dumber
liar liar
me myself and irene (so underrated)
how the grinch stole christmas
batman forever

all memorable roles. I think their careers are very comparable

Hlebsfall
November 24th, 2012, 9:47 AM
I agree

Clutch
November 24th, 2012, 7:32 PM

fucking right he was :yes: LOVE Wahlberg in pretty much everything.

lotjx
November 24th, 2012, 8:07 PM
It's definitely true that Williams has the stronger dramatic resumé, but when you consider that Carrey has better comedies it's much closer than you all are leading on.

man on the moon
truman show
eternal sunshine
ace ventura
ace ventura 2
dumb and dumber
liar liar
me myself and irene (so underrated)
how the grinch stole christmas
batman forever

all memorable roles. I think their careers are very comparable

I have to say that I found half of those movies unwatchable. Ace Ventura 2, Grinch, man on the moon and irene come to mind. I will agree he has played on iconic characters, but I am not sure he himself has been iconic in those roles. I will say what he has been good outweighs the bad.

mth
November 24th, 2012, 8:34 PM
Unless you don't care for Andy Kaufman, I can't see how Man on the Moon is unwatchable. Carrey IS Kaufman in that.

Jimmy Zero
November 24th, 2012, 8:53 PM
I wouldn't say it was an unwatchable movie, by any means, but I also don't think it's a particularly good movie, either.

I've never really understood how Jim Carrey has achieved the almost mythical status he's attained. His best work by a country mile, imo, was in the early-90's on In Living Color, he peaked with Dumb and Dumber and has been varying degrees of annoying ever since. He's got very few bright spots here and there post Dumb and Dumber, Truman Show and Eternal Sunshine (maybe even Bruce Almighty), but, beyond those he's been pretty awful, or been in pretty awful films, for a good deal longer than he has been good. He's a talented guy, I certainly don't think he's a hack, but I don't think he's anywhere near as good as it seems most of the world thinks he is.

All that being said, I'm really looking forward to Kick Ass 2.

Mark Hammer
November 24th, 2012, 8:58 PM
Dumb and Dumber is probably my favorite comedy of all time. Carrey has been in his fair share of shit movies but he's starred in a few grand slams too.

Jimmy Zero
November 24th, 2012, 9:02 PM
Dumb and Dumber is one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. I remember seeing it in theaters when it first came out and literally almost pissed my pants from laughing so hard. I can never hate Jim Carrey, no matter how awful I think most of his subsequent work has been, solely because of how awesome Dumb and Dumber is.

Mik
November 25th, 2012, 5:47 AM
I like Jim Carrey fine. He's a good comedic actor when he's under the reins somewhat and not allowed to indulge himself too much and he's a strong serious actor when given good direction. However Robin Williams is such a crazy goofball that when you see how good a serious actor he can be, such a subtle actor, its incredibly impressive. In stuff like Awakenings he's absolutely outstanding. I've seen Carrey be good, in The Truman Show, in Man on the Moon, in Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. But never as good as Williams.

Matthew
November 25th, 2012, 10:26 AM
plus robin williams did an episode of law & order. he wins.

Jimmy Zero
November 25th, 2012, 11:06 AM
That was an awesome episode, too.

Reveille
November 25th, 2012, 12:32 PM
Even though I admit that he's talented and been in some great fucking movies, I just never liked Tom Hanks...

Not always but he does play the same character quiet often and has just become bland to me...

virms
November 25th, 2012, 4:29 PM
Back to Jim Carrey real quick. I never understood the love for Ace Ventura. It was just always to over the top for me. Dumb and Dumber I need to watch again as I haven't seen it since I was a kid. I am just not so sure how it will hold up. Me, Myself and Irene was classic though. Man on the Moon, Truman Show andEtnernal Sunshine are great dramatic pieces for Carrey. The guy has the chops for sure but will always have detractors against him.due to his over acting. Same with Robin Williams. I personally love the guy but won't watch him on any sorty of interviews cause I know he will be plain crazy for the sake of it.

Guy
November 25th, 2012, 4:32 PM
We've all forgotten The Mask :cry:

virms
November 25th, 2012, 4:34 PM
The only movie I ever found Caeron Diaz hot in.

Guy
November 25th, 2012, 4:35 PM
Agreed.

Fro
November 25th, 2012, 4:59 PM
Yeah I did accidentally leave The Mask off my Carrey list. Add that to the plus column.

Side note, Batman Forever is a bad movie but not because of Jim Carrey. He was perfect in that role IMO, and along with Tommy Lee Jones made it watchable.

Guy
November 25th, 2012, 5:05 PM
He's also good in 'I Love You Philip Morris' (although the film isn't incredible), and I'm yet to see The Majestic.

Atty
November 25th, 2012, 9:19 PM
Side note, Batman Forever is a bad movie but not because of Jim Carrey. He was perfect in that role IMO, and along with Tommy Lee Jones made it watchable.

Agree on Carrey there. I've said this for quite awhile, but if they ever did a serious take on Riddler (like if he had popped up in the Nolanverse), I'd have liked Jim to play him. Same "character", but played darker, with a creepy seriousness that's unsettlingly amusing because of who's playing him. It will never happen, but I'd love it.

Simmo Fortyone
November 25th, 2012, 9:23 PM
Agree on Carrey there. I've said this for quite awhile, but if they ever did a serious take on Riddler (like if he had popped up in the Nolanverse), I'd have liked Jim to play him. Same "character", but played darker, with a creepy seriousness that's unsettlingly amusing because of who's playing him. It will never happen, but I'd love it.
A bit like The Cable Guy?

lotjx
November 25th, 2012, 9:40 PM
The only movie I ever found Caeron Diaz hot in.

Bad Teacher, she is pretty hot in a dirty girl sorta way.

Peter Griffin
November 25th, 2012, 10:10 PM
I kind of liked her in the holiday to be fair :shifty:

Zeroice
November 26th, 2012, 5:55 AM
Jason Schwartzman. The only movie I've ever liked him in was Scott Pilgrim, but besides that I've always found him annoying and overrated.

Fro
November 26th, 2012, 11:02 AM
I :heart: Huckabees tho

Jimmy Zero
November 26th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Rushmore is pretty excellent, too.

Jacknife
November 26th, 2012, 12:23 PM
I don't remember much about the Majestic. All I know is I saw it in a theater with one friend, and only one other person in the theater. I remember enjoying the film and thought it was really good. I am going to re-watch it and see if I will still enjoy it.

son_of_foley
November 26th, 2012, 1:47 PM
Even though I admit that he's talented and been in some great fucking movies, I just never liked Tom Hanks...

Not always but he does play the same character quiet often and has just become bland to me...

Reveille theres 3 options here

1) You've not seen the film BIG
2) You had forgotten you had seen the film BIG
3) You are dead inside

Which is it?

FUCKING TURNER AND HOOCH AS WELL

son_of_foley
November 26th, 2012, 1:48 PM
I watched in her shoes with the missus and Diaz gave me a boner.

Mark Hammer
November 26th, 2012, 4:39 PM
Reveille theres 3 options here

1) You've not seen the film BIG
2) You had forgotten you had seen the film BIG
3) You are dead inside

Which is it?

FUCKING TURNER AND HOOCH AS WELL

Option 3 is the only possible answer. You must be dead inside to dislike Tom Hanks.

Mark Hammer
November 26th, 2012, 4:44 PM
All the Rajah posters talking about how they don't find Diaz attractive:

http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/9808402.jpg

Fro
November 26th, 2012, 10:00 PM
I'm not sure how good this one is since he's already washed up, but I fucking hate this guy:

http://imageshack.us/a/img27/4523/001smcmatthewlillard008.jpg

fuck off matthew lillard. oh you did already? grand.

stylepoints
November 26th, 2012, 10:46 PM
This motherfucker...

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4847335272219949&pid=15.1

...Shouldn't have to explain.

...And there's Mr. Piven. Just some DB off the streets that's leeching off all the real actor's pussy supply.

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.4687949010698831&pid=15.1

This guy doesn't even compare to this next asshole.

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.4886844669362995&pid=15.1

FUCK YOU SETH GREEN!!!
Yes, we get it, you like hip hop. Ok, you grew up in the 80's. So what? What's even worse than this hipster dork's acting? I can't even bring myself to say the name, but the show's initials are R.C. Every time I hear the first opening moments of the show, I find myself scrambling for the remote like I never have before. Thanks, asshole, for giving us the most terrible show in the history of television. The worst thing is the show comes on frequently and it just won't die!

Cewsh
November 26th, 2012, 10:51 PM
Robot Chicken is the worst show in the history of television? I can't imagine that's a widely held opinion. It's not my favorite or anything, but it's hardly a bother.

stylepoints
November 26th, 2012, 11:04 PM
I have friends that love it. I don't get that. I actually believe it is THE worst show of any kind of any time in history. A very small portion of it is indeed funny. Way too many god awful skits though. The Joey Fatone/karate tournament skit, the Bush sisters, anything with Britney Spears...worse than bad, complete garbage.This show kills me. I'm not alone here.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/I-hate-Robot-Chicken/265148266878371

Cewsh
November 26th, 2012, 11:05 PM
Have you ever seen Two and a Half Men?

stylepoints
November 26th, 2012, 11:12 PM
Good point. 2 1/2 Men isn't really unfunny, it's just a bad show. Basically a few writers crack predictable jokes and fire off at each other. Then they draft a script, hand it to Ashton and Jon and are like, "here, just read this." Much worse show than most people realize. I've never seen a show more phoned in.

Anaconda Sniper
November 26th, 2012, 11:16 PM
I really dislike Jack Black.

Morrison
November 26th, 2012, 11:25 PM
I really dislike Jack Black.

YES. there was a time where i thought he was pretty funny, but fuck that didn't last very long. he's obnoxiously annoying. even his little role on community, that was him pretty much harpooning his horrible personality, i hated.

Mark Hammer
November 26th, 2012, 11:30 PM
Have you ever seen Two and a Half Men?

Good point. 2 1/2 Men isn't really unfunny, it's just a bad show. Basically a few writers crack predictable jokes and fire off at each other. Then they draft a script, hand it to Ashton and Jon and are like, "here, just read this." Much worse show than most people realize. I've never seen a show more phoned in.

While I agree that Two and a Half Men is very over-rated it is not even close to being a worse show than Two Broke Girls. That has got to be the very worst-written show in television history. Predictable cringeworthy punchline after predictable cringeworthy punchline, how did that show ever get the green light?

stylepoints
November 26th, 2012, 11:38 PM
how did that show ever get the green light?

2 cute girls?

Cewsh
November 26th, 2012, 11:38 PM
And Whitney is Two Broke Girls without Kat Denning's breasts.

Jimmy Zero
November 26th, 2012, 11:39 PM
how did that show ever get the green light?

Big ass titties.

mth
November 26th, 2012, 11:52 PM
YES. there was a time where i thought he was pretty funny, but fuck that didn't last very long. he's obnoxiously annoying. even his little role on community, that was him pretty much harpooning his horrible personality, i hated.
I can't stand the man and yet he's in my favorite movie, The Muppets. I won't give him any credit for it, though, because I feel his part could have been played by anyone (and probably been played better, too).

Fro
November 27th, 2012, 12:10 AM
I'll admit that Jack Black hasn't done anything particularly good in a while, but I will always love him for Tenacious D and the handful of good movie roles he had.

Mark Hammer
November 27th, 2012, 1:21 AM
2 cute girls?

One of them is pretty butt ugly though.

stylepoints
November 27th, 2012, 1:33 AM
I have no problem hooking up with a butt ugly chick. That's me though.

son_of_foley
November 27th, 2012, 5:48 AM
...And there's Mr. Piven. Just some DB off the streets that's leeching off all the real actor's pussy supply.

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.4687949010698831&pid=15.1

This guy doesn't even compare to this next asshole.

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=I.4886844669362995&pid=15.1

FUCK YOU SETH GREEN!!!
Yes, we get it, you like hip hop. Ok, you grew up in the 80's. So what? What's even worse than this hipster dork's acting? I can't even bring myself to say the name, but the show's initials are R.C. Every time I hear the first opening moments of the show, I find myself scrambling for the remote like I never have before. Thanks, asshole, for giving us the most terrible show in the history of television. The worst thing is the show comes on frequently and it just won't die!

Are you suggesting to me that Seth Green Day episode of Entourage is not a perfect slice of television. You are, wait for it, losing style points on this one

Fro
November 27th, 2012, 12:22 PM

While I agree that Two and a Half Men is very over-rated it is not even close to being a worse show than Two Broke Girls. That has got to be the very worst-written show in television history. Predictable cringeworthy punchline after predictable cringeworthy punchline, how did that show ever get the green light?

ahahaha speaking of 2 and Half Men, the kid on that show just posted a YouTube video where he says "Please don't watch Two and a Half Men. I'm on Two and a Half Men and I don't want to be on it. Please stop watching it. Please stop filling your head with filth... You cannot be a God fearing person and be on a television show like that."

LOL good kid

Cewsh
November 27th, 2012, 1:14 PM
My favorite part is that he doesn't say he plans on leaving the show at any point. "This show is evil! I'm going to keep letting them pay me millions of dollars, but you guys save yourselves!"

Mik
November 27th, 2012, 2:57 PM
He comes across as an uneducated idiot...moreso than his character in the show does.

Ringo
November 27th, 2012, 3:58 PM
Probably missed a fair bit of school innit.

Fro
July 28th, 2013, 7:57 PM
I have to add someone someone to my list: Liev Schreiber. Don't care for him.

VHS
July 28th, 2013, 8:11 PM
Anne Hathaway.

Noomi Rapace.

Jaime Foxx.

Newf
July 29th, 2013, 6:46 PM
I have to add someone someone to my list: Liev Schreiber. Don't care for him.
I think I'd like an explanation for this one.

Fro
July 29th, 2013, 7:45 PM
I think I'd like an explanation for this one.

I'll admit it's not based on much. I didn't know his name until yesterday and have probably only seen him in 3-4 things (the thing I was watching was Goon for the record). It's just a gut feeling, something about his face that I don't like.

Bert
July 29th, 2013, 7:59 PM
Anne Hathaway.

:panic:

Bert
July 29th, 2013, 8:00 PM
Jim Parsons.

Jarrod1983
August 23rd, 2013, 10:31 PM
Denzel Washington. Just have never liked him. My sister too. Remember the Titans was alright though.

Tyson
August 23rd, 2013, 11:19 PM
Denzel Washington. Just have never liked him. My sister too. Remember the Titans was alright though.

Wait what? Of all the actors and actresses out there, you hate Denzel.

What kind of movie fan are you?

Jarrod1983
August 23rd, 2013, 11:29 PM
Yup that is usually the reaction I get but I just don't like him. Love the movies-just not his. Something about him.