PDA

View Full Version : Limmy's Show

Simon
November 5th, 2012, 9:16 AM
So we have had a few Limmy threads in the Tavern before but never one in here, and I think it fucking well deserves one. For my money it is the best, most inventive and 'purest' comedy show on TV at the moment. It's the only modern example I can think of (bar possibly Eastbound & Down) that conforms entirely to one person's comedic sensibilities. Even Stewart Lee's show is slightly watered down by the stupid sketches which the BBC pushed him to do. Because of this Limmy's Show is quite divisive, you either get him or you don't, rather than the usual 'hit and miss' style of group-written shows like Big Train, Little Britain, Mr. Show etc attitude of "Don't like this? Another will be along in a minute".

Limmy himself is a unique and original voice in modern comedy and IMO is possibly the most important figure in British comedy, though sadly this isn't recognised and so his show is still only being shown on BBC Scotland at the moment. Above all I would strongly recommend everyone to give it a chance and, most importantly, STICK WITH IT. I thought it was muck when I first saw it after Marlon Dingle mentioned it. Here are a couple of the more accessible sketches he's done, but they are not necessarily the best. Once you are on board with him, he will take you to some incredible places.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7dEKQL0I4LU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piYmyxstsXY&feature=fvwrel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxKKefFyFkM

Series 3 of Limmy's Show starts next Monday on BBC2 Scotland at 10pm

Alf
November 5th, 2012, 9:41 AM
I too absolutely hated it when Marlon first talked about it. But now I love the shit out of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4J_oee1S66M

Love this one...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GH9ajekHNKM&feature=fvwrel

It's also the stuff he does away from the show that is ace too, like his video casts he uses to develope ideas:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM_ssFW3Sow&feature=related

And Eckied dad. One of my favourite things ever...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTOiXWXeqVo&feature=relmfu

Fanny
November 5th, 2012, 2:09 PM
Can't WAIT for this next week. I genuinely thought series two surpassed series one, which in itself was incredible.

One sketch i've struggled to find on Youtube or anywhere else is where it builds in clips throughout the whole episode, Limmy pitching ideas to the rest of the cast only to get shot down, and then the final sketch is an amalgamation of all those characters at a funeral. Love it.

Nutbush is something that I honestly go and watch sometimes if i need cheering up.

Simon's spot on about Limmy being such an important figure for comedy - other people really need to follow suit in his uncompromising, non-sellout stance toward his own body of work.

He's very lucky that he has an excellent comedy face as well. Some of his manerisms alone just get me in stitches.

Fanny
November 5th, 2012, 4:36 PM
anyone just see the trailer? :hyper:

wardy
November 5th, 2012, 5:05 PM
It was me that brought it to your attention not Marlon fucking Dingle you pair of fudds. You're welcome anyway, and I also can't wait for the new series.

Mik
November 5th, 2012, 5:40 PM
First time I've seen it as I ignored Marlon when he brought it to us before. I like the stuff i've seen in here though.

Why is he so important then?

wardy
November 5th, 2012, 6:42 PM
anyone just see the trailer? :hyper:
Just watched the park sketch. Absolutely spot on.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p010nvhh

Fanny
November 5th, 2012, 8:57 PM
First time I've seen it as I ignored Marlon when he brought it to us before. I like the stuff i've seen in here though.

Why is he so important then?

Limmy doesn't compromise in his sketches or his Twitter - he makes comedy for himself that he thinks is funny, and doesn't shoe-horn in cliches or standard fare. His character work is at times abstract and, generally speaking, he's just doing something so different from any other sketch show or character comedian. It's important that an artist does this so that the genre can evolve and, more importantly, keep being funny and not just appealing to the 'popular' audience, if you will, via lazy, generic formulas. He's quite brilliant and makes it look so simple.

Simon
November 6th, 2012, 7:20 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p010nvnf

Three clips from the new series, all great.

Mik, I can't add much to what Fanny has said but it's basically just because he is so uncompromised in realising his vision. His approach is what all comedians who want to create great work should aspire to. Sadly this is almost certainly the reason for his inability to get it shown outside of Scotland (or indeed to make enough money to get accepted for a mortgage, judging by his Twitter feed).

Simon
November 9th, 2012, 11:23 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/2012/nov/09/confessions-of-an-internet-troll?CMP=twt_gu

Limmy is a fucking legend.

My name is Brian and I am a troll. An internet troll. I'm not one of these trolls that end up on the news; the ones that make you go, "Oh my god, he actually looks like a troll!" I don't go on to RIP pages and post "Ha ha!" or tweet Simon Cowell that I'm going to cut his big, stupid face off. Not all trolls are the same; just like there are good witches and bad. But right now there's a witch-hunt. A troll-hunt. Trolls are the trendy new thing for the tabloids to hate; trolls are the new paedos. Well, I'd like to distance myself from these New Paedos: I don't want to get my door kicked in by a mob and be tortured in a bath. So let me tell you about my kind of trolling, a hobby of sorts, a fun and empowering way to annoy the fuck out of people.

Firstly, why do I do it? Why do I want to annoy people? Because annoying people is funny. Why is it funny? Maybe because I find life and the people in it fucking irritating at times, so to turn the tables now and then by being an absolute pain in the arse, well, I don't know, it tickles me.

For example, I enjoy trolling atheists. I'm an atheist myself, but arguing with the religious is infuriating, draining and it actually hurts my head. Atheists always seem to come out of religious arguments worse, in terms of how much it ruins their day. I fancied switching sides, for a laugh, and so I tweeted, "It's such a shame that athiests will never know true love. #atheism."

Look at the misspelling of "atheists" – what pedant could possibly resist that bait? Not many, and I must have had a dozen catches almost straight away. You know the type. Militants. Wanks. The type that have "atheist" in their bio, like anybody gives a fuck. The type that searches for #atheist on Twitter. And I argued with a handful of them simultaneously for close to an hour, giggling like a schoolboy as I typed, "Your going too hell!" They didn't know whether to go after the religious debate or the grammar. It was hilarious. A collection of atheists despairing for humanity – and, for a change, I wasn't one of them. But trolling isn't just about winding people up for the sake of it. It's a great way to redress the balance when you've been wronged; to put things right so that you can get to sleep without grinding your teeth in anger.

For instance, one night on Xbox Live, a group of English gamers took the piss out of my Scottish accent, then buggered off laughing. A new lot came along and did the same. Anything I replied with was repeated back to me in the voice of Scotty from Star Trek. I couldn't win. I felt so powerless, so weak, so Scottish. Until I started trolling. When the next lot of English came along, I put on a laidback American accent and said, "Speak English, you dumbass Brits, speak the language we taught you." As you can imagine, they went mental: "It's not your language, you obese, American tit, why d'you think it's called English?" My reply? "I can't understand a word you are saying, you dumbass Brit. English, please. Speak English…"

I kept it going for hours, different games, different players, sometimes adding in the odd reference to the Queen and saving their ass in the war, right up until 5am the next day. And I can tell you, hand on heart, that it was one of the best nights of my life.

In fact, my kind of trolling is sometimes so harmless that it will blow your mind. One thing I like to do is visit technical forums and ask for help regarding an entirely fictitious problem I'm having with my software. When I receive help, I say, "Nope. Didn't work." If they guide me to a button to click, I say, "Nope. Can't see it." Sometimes I just reply with nothing but "Nope", and it drives them up the wall. But what's mind-blowing about that? I just made it up. It never happened, there is no forum. Yet just the thought of annoying these non-existent people makes me smile. That's next-level trolling right there.

I hope I've demonstrated the difference been the styles of trolling, and that not all trolling is bad, not all trolls deserve to be followed on to a bus by a telly crew or jailed for six months. Trolling can be a great way to engage with the world, a way to regain self-esteem and happiness, or, dare I say it, a way of life.

Better still, I hope I have inspired you to dip your toe in and get involved yourself. If so, I'll see you out there, and happy trolling.

Simon
November 12th, 2012, 8:56 AM
Starts tonight. I cannot recommend this strongly enough.

Seanny One Ball
November 12th, 2012, 9:30 AM
Simon that troll post was quality.

Cheers :beer:

Simon
November 12th, 2012, 10:58 AM
This bit is especially brilliant.

One thing I like to do is visit technical forums and ask for help regarding an entirely fictitious problem I'm having with my software. When I receive help, I say, "Nope. Didn't work." If they guide me to a button to click, I say, "Nope. Can't see it." Sometimes I just reply with nothing but "Nope", and it drives them up the wall.

Fanny
November 12th, 2012, 4:49 PM
just tweeted a couple of SEASON PREMEER-related twoots from the Forums twitter as hadn't seen anything from the Entertainment one as yet

MikeHunt
November 12th, 2012, 7:18 PM
I tried this again tonight. I'm sticking with my initial feelings that this isn't for me, didn't laugh once or find anything remotely funny.

Fanny
November 12th, 2012, 7:21 PM
it wasn't one of the best tonight, in fact it's one of the weaker episodes there's been in the three series. Hopefully they're saving the best for the rest of the series :)

The Rogerer
November 12th, 2012, 7:41 PM
Nothing stand out but it's always a pleasure.

Simon
November 13th, 2012, 8:07 AM
Judging by the replies in here I guess this thread was preaching to the converted, did anyone watch it who hadn't seen it before?

I'm in two minds about yesterday's episode. It felt a little short on laughs compared to previous episodes, and yet I was just =HAPPY watching it, smiling all the way through at the little touches and the performances. I don't know whether that is me giving him an easy ride because it's Limmy or if he pulls it off simply because the weaker bits are carried by the performances and ideas. The only noticeably weak sketch was Falconhoof, which had the punchline after about ten seconds and then dragged it out with no development for another couple of minutes (something Limmy has since acknowledged on Twitter). There were loads of good moments but I loved the hippy sketches. Living in Brighton I see tons of these frisbee-throwing, reggae-bumping layabout cunts, great observation. Also loved the electronics store guy, especially the MIAOW at the end. The lightshade thing was stupid but I couldn't help laugh at it anyway.

Slare
November 13th, 2012, 8:11 AM
I enjoyed last night . Wasn't too IN YOUR FACE funny buy had me chuckling away.

The 'Park' one was amazing for anyone that's ever been near Kevingrove Park. The electronic salesman one was great and I enjoyed the running gag with the lampshade on the head. I also loved the 'Joining In' one.

Simon
November 13th, 2012, 9:15 AM
Just remembered the man at the bar drawing the rude picture, fuck that was perfect Limmy...made no sense, was stupid as fuck, and yet somehow was still brilliant.

wardy
November 13th, 2012, 9:25 AM
That wasn't a hippy Simon, it was a typical West end of Glasgow student gimp who's never had a good doing to teach him that behaving that way is unnaceptable.

I wasn't blown away but I've had the same feeling after many episodes of Limmy. I normally find that I laugh even more the second time round and just thinking about some of the sketches (kissy guy in the pub, old guy spinning the hats) has me cracking up at work right now.

Falconhoof was shit and the light shade thing didn't turn out very good but the rest was pretty standard Limmy which is better than just about anything else on the telly at the moment. Highlights for me were Raymond Day, the guy who goes back to his old house and the electronics salesman.

Alf
November 13th, 2012, 9:37 AM
Watching it now... Falconhoof bit was good.

Rip
November 13th, 2012, 10:09 AM
Judging by the replies in here I guess this thread was preaching to the converted, did anyone watch it who hadn't seen it before?

I'm going to watch it tonight after I get the kids settled since the Mrs is at work, I've only ever seen a couple of his things online and hand on heart I wasn't impressed but with all the love on here I figured I'd give it a go.

Simon
November 13th, 2012, 10:45 AM
Watching it now... Falconhoof bit was good.
Serious! That was the only bit I thought was crap. It didn't really go anywhere...it was the only sketch that I felt could have been in any sketch show rather than something specific to Limmy.

Simon
November 13th, 2012, 11:05 AM
I'm going to watch it tonight after I get the kids settled since the Mrs is at work, I've only ever seen a couple of his things online and hand on heart I wasn't impressed but with all the love on here I figured I'd give it a go.

Let us know what you think. I would tentatively suggest that it's something you need to give a proper chance and not dismiss if you don't enjoy it straight away, based on my experiences and those of most people I know...for what it's worth, I don't know anyone who has seen a fair amount of it and not liked it.

Alf
November 13th, 2012, 11:10 AM
I liked most of it to be honest. Good old limmy.

Bad Collin
November 13th, 2012, 11:10 AM
I just watched Limmy for the first time - fucking brilliant.

I need to catch up with the first two series now.

Alf
November 13th, 2012, 11:11 AM
"I'm going to say something to you that I've never said to another human being before..."

The Rogerer
November 13th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Dee-Dee's turn of phrase, manner, thought process, even starting sentences with "Fuckin........." remind me so much of my uni friend. He didn't like driving to places with me sometimes as he thought two men in a car might look gay.

wardy
November 13th, 2012, 11:22 AM
I know a few Dee-Dee's. In fact, I turn into Dee-Dee for a day or 2 after a binge.

Fanny
November 13th, 2012, 11:26 AM
"Sometimes i wish it had been you in that car" :rofl:

Simon
November 13th, 2012, 11:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be6yiodVMRA

:lol:

Ringo
November 13th, 2012, 12:45 PM
A mixed bag I'd say but some great stuff. Really enjoyed old man spinning hats. Absolutely amazing :lol:

Naughty sketch game at bar was phenomenal. The sketches from the previews too.

wardy
November 13th, 2012, 1:02 PM
The face on the hat spinning guy was priceless. Just remembered the guy answering the door with a can in his hand in the Deedee sketch. Can't wait to go home and watch it again.

Rip
November 13th, 2012, 4:57 PM
Well, watched it.

The Falconhoof thing was truely awful, I nearly just knocked it off then, but I watched the whole thing (mainly because I was in the bath and warm and comfy so I couldn't be arsed to get out) quite glad I did though, nothing laugh out loud but I'll certainly give it another couple of goes.

Bad Collin
November 13th, 2012, 4:58 PM
Adventure call is amazing. I'm watching them all on Youtube now. The one where the guy goes mental at Falconhoof for not picking up the boots is priceless.

Bad Collin
November 13th, 2012, 5:00 PM
Kill Jester :lol:

GeezaTap
November 14th, 2012, 4:38 AM
Adventure call is amazing. I'm watching them all on Youtube now. The one where the guy goes mental at Falconhoof for not picking up the boots is priceless.

WHIT THEY DAEN THERE?!?!?!?

Adventure Call is tremendous - they need to make an actual game out of it.

Fanny
November 14th, 2012, 5:26 AM
the Adventure Call this week was maybe a bit too long, bit it was a fair comment on product placement and its repitition, how much you're completely overloaded and saturated with it.

The Rogerer
November 14th, 2012, 5:53 AM
I missed the first 5 minutes so watched it on iPlayer and was surprised at the length of the Adventure Call. I'd say it went on too long and then crossed over into being so long it was funny again.

Simon
November 14th, 2012, 5:56 AM
I love the JUMP THE CHASM episode of Adventure Call. Brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfKhDiUNOG0

Fanny
November 14th, 2012, 5:56 AM
I'd tend to agree. A joke can still be funny after the punchline

wardy
November 14th, 2012, 6:44 AM
I'm not that big a fan of Adventure Call as I feel that they drag on more often than not. My favourite, though, is the one where the guy that knows him phones in and keeps calling him 'Mad Ped'. The bit where the guy denies being the bird's travelling partner then says he's just shagged her a few times was excellent.

The Rogerer
November 14th, 2012, 6:59 AM
The relief of "Naw, I'm not going out with her mate", fucking pummeled into the ground with "Just shaggin' her now and again", beautiful.

Simon
November 14th, 2012, 7:06 AM
Link to that one?

wardy
November 14th, 2012, 7:16 AM
No, you douchebin.

Simon
November 14th, 2012, 7:19 AM
Seen it now anyway so the joke's on you.

wardy
November 14th, 2012, 7:38 AM
You mother asshole.

Slare
November 14th, 2012, 8:35 AM
This is my favourite ever bit of Limmy and I think perfectly encapsulates his knack of doing one sketch and you thinking it's not that funny, but it runs into something amazing by the end - a slow build of sketches if you will.

This is just brilliant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3A8ya9m91Fw&feature=related

Simon
November 15th, 2012, 6:02 AM
Just rewatching the new episode again...I love the short sketches that have no point to them. The bloke with the boner on the bus listening to Venga Boys :lol:

wardy
November 15th, 2012, 10:29 AM
MIAOW

Fanny
November 19th, 2012, 6:36 PM
what a superb return to form, absolutely brilliant stuff. The guy you see everywhere, people's 'things', Party Chat. I even enjoyed Paraside this week. So, so good.

Alf
November 20th, 2012, 9:34 AM
Meh... I really liked the 'guy you see everywhere' thing. Rest was meh.

Dee dee was grand too.

Simon
November 20th, 2012, 9:51 AM
I loved the 'what's your thing' stuff, didn't think it was a great episode though. What was the sketch where he's grabbing people's tits all about!?

Fanny
November 20th, 2012, 10:42 AM
he gets a tingly feeling in his willy when he feels that one guy's chest

The Rogerer
November 21st, 2012, 5:45 AM
That was a great episode. I like Paraside a lot but he does it too often. I wasn't a fan of Larry Forsythe last series but that one was worthwhile. Otherwise the show felt a lot longer, maybe because there were a load of short sketches. Loved That Guy, loved What's yer hing, really loved the two packets of paracetamol, loved Everything's Shit, enjoyed party talk. Really good.

wardy
November 21st, 2012, 7:28 AM
He absolutely nailed the dire chat that some folk come out with after a night on the eccies with 'Party Chat'; the I Spy and Coronation Street ones had me in stitches. Dee Dee was class, so was Paraside and agree with Rogerer that this was the best Larry Forsyth. Overall, I liked it but I need to watch it a couple more times as I ended up absolutely loving the first episode after the 4th viewing.

Slare
November 21st, 2012, 9:08 AM
Your wife is a floozie nearly made me shit myself.

Slare
November 21st, 2012, 9:44 AM
Fucking amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRdWO7gN19I

Simon
November 26th, 2012, 7:10 PM
What an incredible episode. So much creativity and madness packed into half an hour. SCOUSE

Fanny
November 27th, 2012, 6:29 AM
that was a lot of things - the best episode of the series so far, the most abstract, existential episode of all three series so far and probably the episode that would firmly put off anyone who had a previous inkling of not liking Limmy. I fucking loved it. "Do you want the receipt in the bag?"

wardy
November 27th, 2012, 6:35 AM
I thought it was pretty average to be honest. What the fuck was that building bricks shite all about?

Falconhoof was good as was SCOUSE but the woman in the pub that kept shouting stuff was amazing.

Simon
November 27th, 2012, 6:47 AM
Hahahaha fuck yeah the middle-aged woman was great. Put it in your mouth Margaret. Falconhoof has been shit this series so far this series but that was class, "go from whence you came"

Simon
November 27th, 2012, 6:54 AM
I love watching this show with my missus, there are bits I collapse into hysterics over while she just stares at me like I've gone mad. Most notably this week the sketch with the three builders dancing on poles to Inaya Day's 'Nasty Girl'. So silly, love it.

Alf
November 27th, 2012, 7:28 AM
Loved the Traffic Dancing thing.

Alf
November 27th, 2012, 7:41 AM
Sccccouse

Alf
November 27th, 2012, 7:48 AM
Angry face dude is ace too.

The Rosk
November 27th, 2012, 7:59 AM
Where the fuck have I been? Watched through all the links in this thread and this is perfect comedy.

Alf
November 27th, 2012, 7:59 AM
I MISS YER MAW SON!

I'm coming to get you hen!

Love it,

Simon
November 27th, 2012, 8:33 AM
Where the fuck have I been? Watched through all the links in this thread and this is perfect comedy.

Watch the whole series mate, once the style clicks with you in general, even the weaker bits will have you in stitches. There is no way that the Tina Turner sketch is funny without already thinking Limmy is great.

Alf
November 27th, 2012, 8:37 AM
Tina Turner is just an incredible sketch. So simple.

Ringo
November 27th, 2012, 8:44 AM
Yep, absolutely amazing.

pole dancing builders was great btw.

hoockimdinh3
November 27th, 2012, 9:27 AM
Kiem dinh (http://kiemdinh.info) uy tÃ*n, giá c? c?nh tranh...

Seanny One Ball
November 28th, 2012, 11:25 AM
"I'll wank you ya dick...awww"

:lol: Killed me

Simon
November 28th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Kiem dinh (http://kiemdinh.info) uy tÃ*n, giá c? c?nh tranh...

He's got you there SOB! You have to admit!

Simon
November 28th, 2012, 11:31 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkuWrmxN7hg

:rofl:

Seanny One Ball
November 28th, 2012, 11:40 AM
Wha...?

edit: in response to the previous comment not the video.

Slare
November 28th, 2012, 1:33 PM
I didn't like Ep 3 as much as the first two. More hit and miss, however the hits were incredible.

PUT IT IN YOUR MOUTH MARGARET - absolutely done me.

The traffic dancing was excellent and Falconhoof was a return to form.

Didn't like the Dream Scheme or the Bricks thing at all so that kinda disointed the episode for me.

Dreadnaught is still my favourite bit ever. He's amazing.

The Rogerer
November 28th, 2012, 3:37 PM
I liked some of the little touches in Dream Scheme, the way it was filmed. Praising Limmy's directorial skills there.

Alf
November 28th, 2012, 6:12 PM
What was Dreadnaught?

Alf
November 28th, 2012, 6:13 PM
PUT IT IN YOUR MOUTH MARGARET - absolutely done me.

HE'S YOUR NEPHEW!

Call me a cow....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCOZ4PzaGIo&feature=related

Alf
December 5th, 2012, 9:34 AM
Watching Monday's now...

oajiaihhsahua "Anything could happen...."

Simon
December 5th, 2012, 9:36 AM
The whole live thing didn't work for me. In fact a lot of it didn't. But the Dee Dee sketch was so beautifully done I can let everything else pass. It wasn't hilarious or anything, just incredibly warm and unique, eschewing all the obvious paths it could have taken.

Alf
December 5th, 2012, 9:40 AM
I really fancy the girl in it.

Fucking hell. Love it.

"I'd be honoured..."

"SHHHHIIIITTT".

I think this is the best one of the series.

The Rogerer
December 5th, 2012, 9:53 AM
I gotta tell my kids I gotta tumor

Fanny
December 5th, 2012, 9:58 AM
the last two episodes have seriously hurt my stomach laughing.

Simon
December 5th, 2012, 9:59 AM
"I'd be honoured..."

"SHHHHIIIITTT".

That bit was great. In every other sketch show around, there would have been two versions of the first bit (where the guy says he can't help him) and then the funeral one would have been the last one, the punchline. But Limmy has that as the second clip, so that you haven't got a fucking clue what's gonna happen in the third clip. That's what makes Limmy's Show so different and special, it ignores all the industry standards and keeps you guessing at all times. That's why no sketch ever falls completely flat - you're always waiting for something unexpected to happen.

Simon
December 5th, 2012, 10:00 AM
I've just realised I've been semi-disappointed with loads of things I expected to be great in the last month or so, must be turning grumpy in my old age.

Fanny
December 5th, 2012, 10:12 AM
the very opening where he turned to the 'wrong camera' was a fairly obvious gag, but the VERY short length of time at the very end of that clip where it cuts to the right camera and the look on his face before the title screen just took me so off guard and happened so quickly that I was pissing myself.

Slare
December 5th, 2012, 11:23 AM
Dee Dee and falconhoof both had their best weeks this week in my opinion.

The Rogerer
December 5th, 2012, 11:31 AM
I've just realised I've been semi-disappointed with loads of things I expected to be great in the last month or so, must be turning grumpy in my old age.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R6_irTqtyw4

PS the wife nearly shat herself laughing at that one. She probably thought it was meant to be someone like me.

Also yes that was a great falconhoof and deedee

Simon
December 5th, 2012, 11:50 AM
What the fuck was the point of the ciagrette bit?!

The Rogerer
December 5th, 2012, 11:54 AM
I liked it. I often envy the sort of escape that smokers get. Wolfing down a chocolate digestive at your desk isn't quite the same.

Simon
December 5th, 2012, 11:57 AM
Just rewatching the Dee Dee bit, it's so good isn't it. I love how he's amused by the narrator in his own head, laughingly telling the voice to shut up when he says that the clothes have had more good nights out than Dee Dee.

Simon
December 5th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Also I love that all the crap 80s and 90s dance music Limmy has inserted throughout the shows is actually stuff he loves. Dr. Jones by Aqua :lol: brilliant.

Alf
December 5th, 2012, 12:16 PM
The falconhoof bit was garbage. He's better than that.

Fanny
December 5th, 2012, 6:01 PM
fuck off Alf

MikeHunt
December 6th, 2012, 5:45 AM
That wasn't a hippy Simon, it was a typical West end of Glasgow student gimp who's never had a good doing to teach him that behaving that way is unacceptable.

Did this not remind you of Queeny?

Ive tried and tried with this but just don't enjoy it that much. The live idea didn't work at all for me. I want to like it so much. Dee dee and Jacqueline are brilliant and the occasional sketch makes me burst but it's pretty rare. For me this is just pure average.

Simon
December 6th, 2012, 5:47 AM
fuck off Alf
It was though to be fair. Farty fart fart.

MikeHunt
December 6th, 2012, 5:50 AM
The chugger bit on this weeks episode was brilliant also.

wardy
December 6th, 2012, 7:32 AM
MUCH better than last week which was the worst episode he's ever done in my opinion.

MyCunt, I don't actually know Queeny, just met him a couple of times for obvious reasons. I do imagine he'd be like that though.

MikeHunt
December 6th, 2012, 8:14 AM
He's exactly like that but thinks he's a fucking rockstat so the irritating factor is increased ten fold.

Slare
December 6th, 2012, 9:10 AM
THAT'S MY FUCKIN MATE YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT.

But yes, that's exactly who came to mind when I saw that.

Simon
December 6th, 2012, 9:17 AM
Who the fuck is Queeny you pair of noofs.

MikeHunt
December 6th, 2012, 9:18 AM
Hahaha! I like him as well. Funny how he has to fund his "rockstar" lifestyle by selling coke and pills.

Slare
December 6th, 2012, 11:49 AM
Simon. Guy I used to work with at the tax office who also somehow knows wardy and mike. He is basically who LIMMY was talking about in the annoying sketch. Thinks he's a fucking superstar DJ. Got sacked from his job when they found out he swindled 188 hours of flexitime. Now sells drugs and prs for shit club nights.

Rip
December 6th, 2012, 12:08 PM
I'm liking it quite a bit more than at first but for me something's missing, can't quite put my finger on it though.

Falconhoof gets better everytime I see it and his observational stuff is spot on.

Simon
December 10th, 2012, 7:43 PM
LET US USE YER POOL YA COO

wardy
December 16th, 2012, 1:01 PM
SCOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUSE

wardy
December 19th, 2012, 7:22 PM
Really liked the last episode.

"FUCK AUSTRALIA, YAAAAAAAASSS!"

Simon
December 19th, 2012, 7:23 PM
FOOK A DOOK

wardy
December 19th, 2012, 7:23 PM
SMART CASUAL

Simon
December 19th, 2012, 7:28 PM
The Falconhoof bit was great. I love a bit of suddenly cut off swearing

Fanny
December 31st, 2012, 5:44 AM
just saw the last episode, definitely the best of the series so far, and a sure contender for the best Limmy's Show yet. Was so glad to see Jacqueline get a happy ending :D

Fuck Australia, the toilet puppets, smart casual were all brilliant. And that was by far the best Falconhoof he's ever done, that was funny as fuck man.

Back to Jacqueline, and he's been really hinting at wanting to go sitcom and possibly using her - not sure if he was just wrapping up her story nicely for all the fans or paving the way for a sitcom setup where she's married and always encountering things that tempt her back on the smack?

Oh, OH and DeeDee was fucking brilliant - when he lay under the car next to the mechanic and was like that "here ye go mate, 'at'll sort it" I spat out a bit of Orange juice :lol:

The Rogerer
January 19th, 2013, 9:51 AM
I got an unnamed shout out in the Series 2 commentary, I'm the guy that pointed out the semi-automatic was actually an automatic.

Alf
June 19th, 2013, 5:10 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b030qhxb/Limmys_Show_Best_of_Limmys_Show/

Amazing.

MikeHunt
June 19th, 2013, 6:35 AM
Saw him struting about kelvingrove on Sunday. His wife/girlfriend is bloody lovely and he looked a miserable fucker.

Simon
June 19th, 2013, 6:37 AM
Well he does suffer from long-term depression.

I forgot how great Dee Dee's space adventure was. So good.

MikeHunt
June 19th, 2013, 6:44 AM
It was a beautiful day and he was out with his child and wife at a festival where there was loads of things to do, beautiful food and culture. Even the most depressed man in the world would be able to crack a fucking slight smilie.

Simon
June 19th, 2013, 6:47 AM
I don't think you understand depression.

MikeHunt
June 19th, 2013, 3:02 PM
I think I understand it more than you given what I do for a living.

wardy
June 20th, 2013, 6:30 AM
I'd be surprised if he wasnt on his phone the whole time.

The Rogerer
June 20th, 2013, 6:31 AM
Do you own your own house sonny jim?

MikeHunt
June 20th, 2013, 6:55 AM
No but I pay my coucil tax

The Rogerer
June 20th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Do you have a Blockbuster card sonny jim?

Simon
June 20th, 2013, 10:22 AM
I think I understand it more than you given what I do for a living.

If your work involves the treatment of depressed people, it is frankly terrifying that you think "loads of things to do, beautiful food and culture" are an automatic cure. Presumably you also think they should just pull themselves together?

MikeHunt
June 20th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Lol.

Simon
July 5th, 2013, 8:17 AM
The guy is a fucking genius. How can you be so funny in videos lasting only 6 seconds?

https://vine.co/v/haXmqv2qLXg

https://vine.co/v/haEYEALiVD3

wardy
July 5th, 2013, 9:45 AM
How well does "ees a fuckin heid the baw" translate? hahaa

Simon
July 5th, 2013, 9:46 AM
Doubt I would know it if I didn't post here. After you used it a couple of days ago I've decided to start using 'cheeser' to describe anyone with a shit-eating grin.

wardy
July 22nd, 2013, 11:56 AM
https://vine.co/v/hKZOD5wIBBD

Simon
July 22nd, 2013, 12:08 PM
hahahaah fuck sake

Simon
July 28th, 2013, 6:06 PM
http://seenive.com/u/953450889727918080

All his Vines in one place. Amazing.

Simon
July 30th, 2013, 7:34 AM
All his Vines in one VIDEO. Even more amazing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rPRrFEXFKdo

Slare
July 30th, 2013, 7:37 AM
I watched this last night. Fucking hell btw.

The sequence about five minutes in of him playing about ten different neds in fights killed me.

Also "I miss my friends....no I see them everyday....but they've chaaaannnngedddd"

Simon
November 13th, 2013, 7:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI80ts9odHI

Another compilation of his vines. So so funny

The Rogerer
December 12th, 2013, 2:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JDi_iRscC2Q

Christmas Special, Sunday 22nd December, 10pm, BBC2 Scotland. Turdy fucked up.

Simon
December 12th, 2013, 7:30 PM
Fucking YES. I love him.

Wish there were torrents knocking about of series 3. I only have it up to the fake live episode.

Alf
December 13th, 2013, 6:42 AM
Ahaha, loved the promo. So spot on.

wardy
February 1st, 2014, 12:29 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ein57OSrqoA
Starring role from Seanny One Ball/Badger/Andy etc.

MikeHunt
February 1st, 2014, 12:44 PM
That's absolutely brilliant!

Simon
June 30th, 2014, 9:55 AM
https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/30A237A3F11095149016053948416_1404078066314a87c328 b80.mp4.mp4?versionId=QL5iOeLQYjsLBiHvw7VvY4v1rO8. .w6D

Limmy caught someone doing poppers on the live Glastonbury feed :lol:

Gibby
June 30th, 2014, 2:17 PM
His vine from last year's Glasto, the "we're missing the Mumfords!" one, absolutely first rate. I can sort of do the Raymond Day voice and started calling people by their role, "so, is this partner?" loooooool laughing now.

On another forum I post on Limmy was declared King of the Forum, deposing Bert le Clos, though he has been overthrown by Miguel Herrera.

Simon
September 11th, 2014, 5:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80Dbl0O0r7k

Seanny One Ball
September 11th, 2014, 9:47 AM
I know that Frosty feeling

Simon
September 11th, 2014, 10:01 AM
I love the one near the end where he notices the bottle and then just fucks off leaving his kid in the park :D

Seanny One Ball
September 11th, 2014, 10:35 AM
It's shouting "Waaaaaaaaaaahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay" at the first driver whilst holding the bottle aloft that gets me.
It's a parody of something that happens so often I could believe that each Frosty Jack bottle he used was freshly found in a lay-by.

The Rogerer
October 29th, 2014, 9:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpI2_PdFpW0

I can smell her arse :rofl:

MikeHunt
June 2nd, 2015, 8:19 AM
Limmy has a book out and is doing a wee tour to go with it.

http://limmy.seetickets.com/tour/limmy

Alf
June 2nd, 2015, 8:47 AM
I'm going. Gonna get him to sign it.

wardy
June 3rd, 2015, 6:23 AM
I'm going to one of his readings in Glasgow yas!

wardy
August 1st, 2015, 4:03 AM
Well last night was fucking amazing. What a genuinely nice and funny guy he is. I'd post the picture I got with him but I look an absolute spastic in it.

Clive Plasma
August 28th, 2015, 11:26 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p0306pb1/bbc-at-the-edinburgh-festivals-2015-limmy

His show from Edinburgh is on iPlayer now.

MikeHunt
August 28th, 2015, 12:43 PM
wardy or anyone going to the live show in jan? ive not got tickets yet but £25 seems a decent price

Fanny
August 30th, 2015, 6:59 AM
Well last night was fucking amazing. What a genuinely nice and funny guy he is. I'd post the picture I got with him but I look an absolute spastic in it.

We've seen your cock.

wardy
August 30th, 2015, 9:05 AM
Just don't

Fanny
September 15th, 2015, 5:37 AM
don't what? We have! It was very chubby looking. I liked it.

Slare
September 15th, 2015, 5:44 AM
Im going in January to see him. yay

Marlon Dingle
September 15th, 2015, 6:10 AM
I went to his book reading in Aberdeen last month, he was a great laugh. Seriously considering going down to Glasgow in January.

Simon
September 15th, 2015, 6:16 AM
There should be a podcast interview with Richard Herring out in the next couple of weeks.

Fanny
September 15th, 2015, 6:20 AM
the only reason to listen to Richard Herring in the universe ever.

Marlon Dingle
September 15th, 2015, 6:21 AM
I've been keeping my eye out for that. Why Richard Herring charges for his podcasts then makes them free a couple of months later is beyond me?

Fanny
September 15th, 2015, 6:37 AM
He is an unbelievable fucking unfunny cunt. Like Simon, who loves him.

Simon
September 15th, 2015, 6:47 AM
I don't love him, he's a crap stand-up imo and I never really enjoyed the stuff he did with Stewart Lee either...I like the interviews he does because he gets great guests on, but they're good in spite of him, his interruptions and tangents and emergency questions are terrible. The only thing he's created himself that I liked is his book about turning 40, which was decent.

Marlon Dingle
September 15th, 2015, 7:24 AM
Herring comes across as incredibly bitter on his podcasts. The last one I listened to was with Bob Mortimer and a couple of times he sounded resentful. Like when he talked about blowing £40K on a theatre show that no-one came to, and then he got really nasty about the Just for Laughs Festival in Canada.

Simon
September 15th, 2015, 7:30 AM
He's quite a weird bloke. In the book I mentioned he wonders quite often whether or not he's mentally ill, or at least has some kind of social disorder.

Marlon Dingle
September 30th, 2015, 9:39 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcYvcCabfEE

Marlon Dingle
December 21st, 2016, 4:53 AM
Tickets for his new book tour go on sale at 9AM.

Clive Plasma
April 9th, 2018, 6:02 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b09yj4rc

Simon
April 9th, 2018, 7:09 PM
Thought it was pretty crap tbh. A few decent sketches but nowhere near the level of Limmy's Show or even most of his vines. Still has the weirdness and uniqueness that make me think he could do something properly brilliant, but this wasn't it.

Marlon Dingle
April 10th, 2018, 5:06 AM
The shoe sketch was definitely the worst. The rest I enjoyed.

wardy
April 10th, 2018, 5:52 AM
It wasn't amazing but will probably get better on repeat viewings like the rest of his stuff. The finger in the hole sketch had me crying with laughter though.

Simon
July 30th, 2019, 4:45 AM
Dunno if anyone's seen this, but it's so funny. Limmy took it upon himself to insult some Korean boy band famous for having an insane following who go after anyone who criticises them on social media. Anyway they somehow got Limmy's Twitter banned for a while, so he put up this apology video that has just destroyed me. It's so beautifully, subtly insincere. The last line in particular, with that little smile, is just perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yK1m01hWHQw