PDA

View Full Version : Arrowverse

mr sabu
November 2nd, 2012, 5:47 AM
anyone else watching this, even thought it's been a few episodes in im enjoying it alot.

great a lesser known hero such as the green arrow gets a tv series

MikeHunt
November 2nd, 2012, 5:50 AM
I've only seen two episodes. It's fucking daft but I quite like it so far.

Funboy
November 2nd, 2012, 8:04 AM
I only watched the pilot, I did enjoy it but I'm not in that much of a rush to see the next ep. I imagine I'll catch up on it soon - prob when Sons of Anarchy, Dexter and Homeland are over - I'll need some "filler" tv then and this fits the bill perfectly.

I know so very little about the Arrow, so when the door opens and they name drop someone and zoom in to his face, I have no idea of that person's importance. In a way, not knowing might make the show better in the long run - I have no preconceived notions of the characters, and am not eagerly anticipating x event or y character, I can kind of go along for the ride.

I started off sceptical - another "billion-heir" who trained himself to be a bad ass; but I like how he's not afraid to kill people, and think this could be good fun.

Beefy
November 2nd, 2012, 8:55 AM
I saw an advert for it and quite liked it so I've stuck it on series link. I don't really like watching shows 'week to week' any mroe unless it's something that I need to see there and then (Lost, 24, BSG, etc).

Rip
November 2nd, 2012, 9:13 AM
I've quite enjoyed it so far, nice balance of daftness and the action zips along well, and a pretty good cast as well.

mr sabu
November 2nd, 2012, 9:52 AM
i kinda like the dark night approach to it, i only know know so much on the green arrow. still waiting on the trick arrows though have only seen the first 3 eps and the use of other dc villains

deathstrokes mask is in the pilot and will make a flash back appearance in episode 5, and deadshot in ep 3

Guy
November 3rd, 2012, 1:25 PM
I've seen the first two, have the next two to watch.

I'm struggling with it, essentially the cast have no charisma what-so-ever and just seem like the blandest generic group of models reading the most cliche ridden and utterly witless dialogue I've heard for a long time.

The action is great, admittedly. I wanted to like it, I'm sure at some point they'll eventually explain how he became a hand to hand combat master after seemingly living on an island hunting food with an arrow, or even explain where he's getting all of this awesome high tech arrow equipment from without raising any red flags. But at the moment I'm literally only watching it because it has a comic license attached and probably won't make it to those explanations.

If episode 3 doesn't improve then I'll drop it.

lotjx
November 3rd, 2012, 2:09 PM
I am enjoying it. They are ripping off Nolan's Batman, but if you are going to rip off something at least make it something good. I am actually like the cast minus Laurel.

virms
November 3rd, 2012, 10:30 PM
I've seen the first two, have the next two to watch.

I'm struggling with it, essentially the cast have no charisma what-so-ever and just seem like the blandest generic group of models reading the most cliche ridden and utterly witless dialogue I've heard for a long time.

The action is great, admittedly. I wanted to like it, I'm sure at some point they'll eventually explain how he became a hand to hand combat master after seemingly living on an island hunting food with an arrow, or even explain where he's getting all of this awesome high tech arrow equipment from without raising any red flags. But at the moment I'm literally only watching it because it has a comic license attached and probably won't make it to those explanations.

If episode 3 doesn't improve then I'll drop it.

I had the same attitude with smallville when I first made the attempt to watch it. It took a while but eventually some great characters were introduced and they slowly weened themselves off of the soap opera aspect and went into comic book lore. I will wait for a full season of this show to air before I watch. Admittedly, I am a big fan of smallville's green arrow. That guy was great.

The Doc
November 3rd, 2012, 10:56 PM
I'm loving it so far. The actions is possibly the best I've seen on a television show.

They've already given a few plausible reasons for how he got so fucking bad ass on that island, and frankly I think they are doing it much too soon unless they think they are only getting 12 episodes.

lotjx
November 3rd, 2012, 11:00 PM
I thought it was 12 episodes too, but its actually 22. I have no idea how they are going to do the back half with all the shit in the front. I know we are getting more DCU characters.

The Doc
November 3rd, 2012, 11:07 PM
I assumed it was 22, most shows are. 12 is almost totally reserved for shows that are brought in mid-season for something that bomb so fantastically that they couldn't justify limping out a whole season. Without spoiling anything they seem to have explained a lot and revealed a lot very very quickly.

Guy
November 5th, 2012, 3:30 AM
The third Episode was a step up from the previous two, I don't know if it's because, as virm mentioned, they've brought in another comic book character.

I probably think it's because there was more action than usual and that is clearly the best part of the show. The actors still have little to no charisma though, and a little bit of humour would go far into improving the quality of the show. Maybe take a cue from the Green Arrow of the DC animated shows.

TimeSplitter
October 11th, 2013, 3:22 PM
Alright. Season 2 chat:

The first episode was ok, nothing special, but they needed to establish what when on in Starling City after The Undertaking.

I don't like that they all went back to the island, it made the flashbacks a little confusing.

Intrigued to see where they go next.

lotjx
October 17th, 2013, 9:10 AM
http://comicbookspotlight.wordpress.com/2013/10/17/arrow-2x2-identity/

A very meh! episode. Low voices in this one as well as a hint of racism for not knowing Bronze Tiger was in it.

lotjx
October 24th, 2013, 8:51 AM
http://comicbookspotlight.wordpress.com/2013/10/24/arrow-2x3-broken-dolls/

Am I saying this correctly, Ras Al Ghul??!!!!

TimeSplitter
October 24th, 2013, 7:23 PM
This is what DC needs to start doing. They need to make DC references in order to expand their universe. This is not to say that we will see Ras' ah Ghul, but we all know that he is present. It also adds a nice depth to The Canary, since she will not be Laurel in this incarnation.

Also LoLs, i stopped listening to your "cute" show after 6 seconds cause your sound levels are terrible.

Mills
October 25th, 2013, 1:20 AM
i like that hes the arrow now, but the season has dragged a bit

MikeHunt
October 25th, 2013, 4:51 AM
http://comicbookspotlight.wordpress.com/2013/10/24/arrow-2x3-broken-dolls/

Am I saying this correctly, Ras Al Ghul??!!!!

doesh one of you have bracesh?

lotjx
October 25th, 2013, 6:02 AM
Sound is off to being record on a phone. The background noise is terrible prior to my editing, so I have to lower the audio. I have tried balancing it out with the software, I have, but this is as good as I can get it without the background noise being worse. I was going to edit the asshains part out, but it was too much fun. To be honest, if they fuck up Ra's, this show is done.

TimeSplitter
October 25th, 2013, 8:09 PM
I'm hoping that they don't actually show him. Just have it explained that Canary is in Starling City to find Malcolm Merlyn since he left the League of Assassins for some reason.

lotjx
October 26th, 2013, 7:07 AM
I just hope its not Malcolm is Ras. They have to show him, it would be stupid to have assassins go after them all season without them confronting him. Considering they dressed like the Dark Archer, he probably has something to do with Malcolm's training as well.

lotjx
November 7th, 2013, 12:12 PM
http://comicbookspotlight.wordpress.com/2013/11/07/arrow-2x5-league-of-assassins/

Wait...or we in the Nolanverse?

lotjx
November 16th, 2013, 9:18 AM
http://comicbookspotlight.wordpress.com/2013/11/16/arrow-2x7-keep-your-enemies-cliser/

A very good episode is thankfully not ruined by DC's new 52 rule of women need to skinny.

TimeSplitter
November 16th, 2013, 11:48 PM
I've been re-watching the first Season, which is now on Netflix, and there are so many subtle references to happenings in Season 2. You can tell that they actually had somewhat of a game plan starting out.

As for this weeks episode, it was a solid Diggle-centric episode. Just when I was getting tired of happenings on The Island, they pull me back in.

Mills
November 17th, 2013, 4:37 PM
http://comicbookspotlight.wordpress.com/2013/11/16/arrow-2x7-keep-your-enemies-cliser/

A very good episode is thankfully not ruined by DC's new 52 rule of women need to skinny.

I'm assuming you're going off on waller? It was a 30 second cameo, chill out dude.

Also, probably my favorite episode this season, no Laurel and the Felicity moments were fairly heartbreaking.

Alf
November 17th, 2013, 7:55 PM
I watched the pilot and it was ghastly... Does it get better?

TimeSplitter
November 17th, 2013, 8:56 PM
Yes.

lotjx
November 17th, 2013, 11:03 PM
I'm assuming you're going off on waller? It was a 30 second cameo, chill out dude.

Also, probably my favorite episode this season, no Laurel and the Felicity moments were fairly heartbreaking.

I would assume she is going to be a recurring character and it was more than 30 second cameo. It still doesn't excuse DC for being assholes towards women.

TimeSplitter
November 17th, 2013, 11:08 PM
I don't think it is DC, I think it is the CW. Look at the rest of their shows. Mostly cast (including Katie Cassidy/Laurel) looks over talent/character requirements.

TimeSplitter
November 17th, 2013, 11:27 PM
It was a 90 second cameo (yes I checked). If she does show up again, I'm sure it won't be for a while. They don't have her listed on cast lists for episodes this season. Maybe towards the end, after they introduce Flash?

Mills
November 17th, 2013, 11:57 PM
I don't think it is DC, I think it is the CW. Look at the rest of their shows. Mostly cast (including Katie Cassidy/Laurel) looks over talent/character requirements.

It is DC, when they did the new 52 relaunch, they made her skinny. I just dont think its a huge deal honestly. Did anyone freak out when they made Kingpin black in Daredevil? Nope.

lotjx
November 18th, 2013, 12:07 PM
There is a big difference between Michael Clark Duncan as Kingpin, because he was the right person for the job. DC did it to get more teenager boys to care about her body. Now she is just another chick in DCU instead of as someone who stands out and has presence. Imagine if they de-fat Kingpin.

LOCONUT
November 22nd, 2013, 4:42 PM
Ok, back to business here, boys.

TimeSplitter
November 22nd, 2013, 4:46 PM
Fair enough. I enjoyed this week's episode. I wonder...What Malcolm's return will mean. Not the biggest fan of Thea being his kid. Seems like a CWesque move.

TimeSplitter
December 12th, 2013, 9:40 PM
This weeks episode was one of the best episodes of tv I have seen in some time.

VanillaJello
March 13th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Anyone still watching this show? I love it... I know it's a bit too much Dark Knight-y but I love the care they've taken to introduce the DC universe and all that comes with it.

TimeSplitter
March 13th, 2014, 12:54 PM
I'm still keeping up, excited to see the suicide squad episode when I get home.

Bert
June 26th, 2014, 3:47 PM
I don't know if anyone cares but The Flash pilot leaked online.
https://mega.co.nz/#!RwFlwbyY!Vutqsc7ap11LxjEEPJ91fNu9SAzCkuXK_Dwr1xO UH1M

Hero!
July 7th, 2014, 3:11 PM
http://www.newsarama.com/21506-brandon-routh-returns-to-dc-comics-family-on-arrow.html

Brandon Routh cast as Ray Palmer aka The Atom for season three of Arrow. Interesting.

Nash Diesel
July 10th, 2014, 11:26 AM
I need to start watching this show, it's on Netflix so I can start from the beginning which is a plus. Routh being added should be pretty sweet, I still think he made a great Superman.

Jimmy Zero
October 27th, 2014, 11:57 PM
I'm on episode 5 or 6 of the first season. Gotta say, I'm loving this show, a lot. Enjoying it way more than I thought I would.

Mills
October 28th, 2014, 12:16 AM
I havent sat down to watch season 3 yet but the first two seasons are really good stuff Jimmy, I think you'll like it a lot

Jimmy Zero
November 5th, 2014, 10:27 AM
Just finished the first season. Overall, I'm loving it. I almost wish they'd just devote whole episodes to the stuff on the island instead of cutting back and forth, but no biggie. The island stuff is really well done. Also, for a show that airs on free TV, the violence is great. Fight scenes are well choreographed and there's just the right amount of blood/death without it being too over the top.

My only real complaint is that, other than Felicity and Ollie's mom, the women on this show are absolutely awful. Thea and Laurel suck.

TimeSplitter
November 5th, 2014, 11:07 AM
That's a CW thing. Glad you liked the first season. Season 2 is even better.

lotjx
November 5th, 2014, 12:21 PM
No, no...that does not change. You do get a better female character though. Thea and Laurel are awful all the way around.

Jimmy Zero
November 20th, 2014, 7:40 PM
Ok, finished the second season. It was still really good, overall. I thought the Deathstroke arch was well done.

Has Thea featured prominently in the 3rd season, so far? I don't know if I can take another season of her unexplainably self righteous bullshit. Laurel didn't bug me quite as much in the 2nd season, and I actually found her addiction issues to be kind of interesting. Thea, however, is an absolutely awful character with no redeeming qualities. Did the writers intend for her to come off as a vile little shit?

lotjx
November 20th, 2014, 7:48 PM
Thea is just Thea. I wish I could say she gets better in season three, lets say she is just not in a whole lot which is fine. I think the writers throw all of their estrogen into Felicity which is fine, I mean really fine. Drunken Laurel is my favorite Laurel, because you got to really hate her. Then she comes around to be solid for like no reason. I will say I love Sara too.

Jimmy Zero
November 20th, 2014, 7:52 PM
Sara's alright. I always laugh when she's got her mask and wig on. Some blond woman wearing a blond wig is the best disguise ever.

lotjx
November 20th, 2014, 7:56 PM
I can't defend that.

Chris Scott
January 15th, 2015, 6:17 PM
I only recently discovered the series and just love Arrow. Initially, I didn't know much about Green Arrow and didn't have high expectations for this show. I watched it with the expectations of knowing the origins of Green Arrow and stuff from the comics.

However, it turned out very differently. From the 3rd episode onwards, the more I watched it, the more interested I got. I'm now up to episode 19 of season 2 which has only took me 12 days, just can't stop watching it. Second season is better than the first I think.

The best parts of the TV show are the flashbacks. As the story progresses, I'm eager to know more about what happened to Oliver on the island.

The introduction of Deadshot and Huntress were really cool parts of the story and Slade Wilson is really well-portrayed in the series and all the other main casts in the story are rather good. Looking forward now to watch the last 5 of season 2 than onto season 3.

Chris Scott
January 16th, 2015, 8:57 PM
Just finished the last 5 of season two. A lot happened non stop stuff with more twist and turns, it kept me gripped. Little bit disappointed the way they built up Arrow/Slade big battle and the way it went down in the end, short and sweet as I wanted a big long battle fight to near death stuff. But I see why they kept it how they did.

But yeah really enjoyed S2.

Prototype16
January 17th, 2015, 7:25 AM
I've just got into this too - watched the first series in about a week and halfway through the second now. Great show - love the format, and most of the characters are good

Chris Scott
January 17th, 2015, 7:16 PM
Agree with you Prototype.

I've been reading reviews on this and some stuff that people moan about is just ridiculous.

Chris Scott
January 23rd, 2015, 3:23 PM
BOOM caught up with this now, Wednesday episode was excellent. How can I cope waiting once a week now.

Craig T. Nelson
January 23rd, 2015, 6:59 PM
Don't know what to think, its ok. The bodyguard is cool, Arrow is fine, but everyone else... Eh kind of grating. Guy trapped on an island for 5 years and everyone immediately gets pissed at him and sarcastically brings it up. Only his ex-GF has an excuse to be a bitch to him. I don't know about the writing tbh.

Can't wait for Flash on netflix. Can anyone tell me if that whiny female singing stops following around his ex-GF? Im on ep 8. We get it, she's a strong, empowered woman. No need for the whiny girl singing in all of her scenes.

Prototype16
January 25th, 2015, 11:40 AM
BOOM caught up with this now, Wednesday episode was excellent. How can I cope waiting once a week now.

I can never be bothered waiting a week for episodes - think I'll just wait to the end of Season 3 and then binge-watch that and The Flash

Finished the second season yesterday though - great stuff again. Bit disappointed that they never really did much with Summer Glau's character but I don't really get some of the criticism of the other females earlier in the thread. Felicity and Sara are great, and Thea has improved a lot since the second half of the first season. Even Laurel had some decent moments towards the end. Some of the characters did seem to get forgotten a bit as they had loads to fit into the season finale

Stocky
April 14th, 2015, 9:23 AM
A friend got me into this show. Basically got up to date in 3 weeks of just constant watching. The Flashback stuff to the island reminded me so much of lost (one of my favorite shows) and hooked me in. 10/10 would recommend it.

Zyphlin
April 14th, 2015, 3:00 PM
REALLY enjoyed the first two seasons and flew through it. Watched season 3's first episode yesterday though and was a bit disappointed.

I'm REALLY not a fan of the very cliched Felicity/Oliver relationship. The "super pretty blonde IT hacker guru" was annoying when Felicity was first introduced, but grew to be okay when it didn't immedietely go to the well of her pining over Oliver or becoming some romantic object. The uncomfortable poorly phrased sexual style comments worked wonderful for them; serious relationship, not so much. Its one of those few times the show truly felt "CW-y" to me.

The music, camera shots, writing, acting...it all just felt a little cheesier and a little more "campy teen drama" feel in that first episode. Can't put my finger on exactly how/why, but the whole episode I just felt a bit put off.

Hopefully the season gets better.

Dream-Evil
April 14th, 2015, 9:33 PM
https://youtu.be/8XE_jH2eQl4

Even though it's just a promo, this has me excited for the upcoming "All star team up" crossovers.

Ugh, video not embedding.

Chris Scott
April 15th, 2015, 7:43 PM
:hyper:

Dream-Evil
April 26th, 2015, 11:24 AM
Anyone feeling a bit "eh" with Arrow? I find I'm enjoying The Flash a lot more at the moment.

TimeSplitter
April 26th, 2015, 9:23 PM
Agreed. I hated everything Felicity did in the last episode. No way she could talk to Ra's like that.

Chris Scott
May 16th, 2015, 6:20 AM
It certainly picked up since April after the break, well I thought it did. Finale of season 3 though was just ok nothing special, thought the finales of season 1 & 2 was better. Interesting to see how season 4 goes.

DDT
May 16th, 2015, 10:12 AM
Ever since they started pushing the Oliver/Felicity romance as something more than just a plot to lure in Deathstroke, the series has gone progressively downhill, to the point of where I stopped watching right around when Ra's says, "Totally be my successor, Ollie." Between the forced Felicity romance, the flashback's further-and-further jumping the shark (the one where he ended up back in Starling City almost blew my gasket), and the end-game constantly changing ("Kill Ra's! Wait, don't kill him! No, kill him; definitely kill him!") it really feels like this season has lacked the focus that made it more than just another "CW show."

The only bright spot this season was the all-too-brief "Oliver's dead," arc.

lotjx
May 16th, 2015, 9:24 PM
This was a dumpster fire inside of a clusterfuck of a season. Killing Sara off was just fucking stupid. Especially since she is in Legends of Tomorrow. Oliver Queen is not the brooding dark dickhead that is Batman. Yet, they made him so Batman, they stole one of Batman's best villains and storylines. Doing a weekly podcast for this and Flash was such a chore, we are dumping at least Arrow if not both. I thought the finale was good, but it didn't make up for the rest of the shit this season.

TimeSplitter
May 18th, 2015, 1:52 PM
Definitely a sub-par season. If they had kept Oliver dead for a while longer, it would've been a bigger moment. I cannot stand Felicity anymore. Her putting on the atom suit in the finale was cool, but I'm so sick of that character. Really l liked the addition of Ray Palmer, and think LoT will be worth the watch.

Where they go from here, I do not know. If budget wasn't an issue, I'd love for them to do a Green Arrow/Green Lantern journey around the U.S. but it won't happen.

virms
May 18th, 2015, 2:04 PM
Finally started this. It isn't too bad. Got a lot of that cw soap opera drama feel but I suspect that will diminish as the series progresses ala Smallville. The action scenes are great so far. They seem to capture an intensity in just the smallest things.

I did already spoil a moment though looking up the cast.

TimeSplitter
May 18th, 2015, 2:20 PM
The first season had a lot of cw melodrama. Season Two had less, but this last season had a lot.

virms
May 18th, 2015, 3:30 PM
I can handle the soap opera aspect especially when John Barrowman is running around :hyper:

Zyphlin
May 20th, 2015, 3:06 PM
Ever since they started pushing the Oliver/Felicity romance as something more than just a plot to lure in Deathstroke, the series has gone progressively downhill

Agree. Hated that arc. After zooming through season 1 and 2, that first episode of season 3 felt like a gut punch. I could understand a bit of the CW melodrama and groan worthy instances during the first few episodes of season 1 as the show had to get its feet on the ground. But it had grown so much by the end of season 2....and then that first episode was worse than anything even dating back to the pilot. Everything relating to Oliver/Felicity in season 3 basically had me hating it. Felicity and Barry or Ray felt so much better.

Also wasn't a big fan of what happened with Sara, but more specifically Laurel. The whole transformation into the Black Canary had me groaning. Though they at least got better with that as the season progressed by having her:

1) Actually get her ass beat and fail
2) Oliver have some balls and brains and say "no I'm not training you"
3) Them actually giving her someone that could train her in a way to make you legitimately think she could contribute

Even still, the amount of time Nissa was there training her doesn't seem like it should translate to what she's became. But its at least a bit more palatable now.

The first season had a lot of cw melodrama. Season Two had less, but this last season had a lot.

Early season one and two both started off a bit rough. Early season 1 with the typical CW stuff. Early season 2 with the over reaction on his part to the guilt with Tommy and everything and the "no killing" thing taking a lot of the edge away from the character. Both seasons got into their groove pretty quickly though.

Season 3 just seemed to never fully bounce back from its rocky start.

TimeSplitter
May 22nd, 2015, 8:36 AM
This season has done a terrible job with Felicity. Instead of being the brainy-awkward/quirky IT girl, they turned her into an emotional wreck. She cried, or got emotional about every scene. This probably has to do with them building up Laurel.

Since there isn't a Flash thread, I'm going to comment on my one gripe with the finale here. Towards the end of the season, they really dumbed Caitlin down. This show has a perfect way to explain the overly scientific terms by having Joe or Iris ask what they mean. It doesn't hurt their integrity, because they are not scientists. Having Caitlin be dumbfounded by everything in the finale made her seem less an equal to Cisco and Barry. Other than that, it was a great finale.

lotjx
May 22nd, 2015, 9:25 AM
Yeah, the wife pointed that out in the podcast that Caitlin was a moron for no reason. I was talking about the show on an internet program and someone said they gave up on Flash due to it being inconsistent. That is the major flaw with Flash is characters one episode are bright and fleshed out then the next episode they are shallow and stupid. Prime example is Barry would have never gone back in time if the destruction of the universe was at stake. Of course, Iris, the worst female character ever, tells him to make the selfish choice. Eddie was more heroic at the end then Barry which is just weird.

#Felicitycryface should be the title for the Blu Ray version of Arrow Season 3.

virms
May 22nd, 2015, 10:23 AM
Into season 2.

Gotta say I am about half and half on the main actor. I think he does a good job in portraying himself as pre arrow oliver and arrow oliver. His voice even sounds different but his acting at times is atrocious.

I thought the season 1 cliff hanger and the season 2 reveal was absolute shit. I would have been pissed if I was watching the show regularly.

Overall the show is pretty good though.

TimeSplitter
May 22nd, 2015, 10:34 AM
Yeah, the wife pointed that out in the podcast that Caitlin was a moron for no reason. I was talking about the show on an internet program and someone said they gave up on Flash due to it being inconsistent. That is the major flaw with Flash is characters one episode are bright and fleshed out then the next episode they are shallow and stupid. Prime example is Barry would have never gone back in time if the destruction of the universe was at stake. Of course, Iris, the worst female character ever, tells him to make the selfish choice. Eddie was more heroic at the end then Barry which is just weird.

#Felicitycryface should be the title for the Blu Ray version of Arrow Season 3.

There are times in the season where Barry is dumbfounded, and for the most part I can forgive him becaue it mostly has to do with not knowing the full capabilities of his powers. I agree that Barry would never go back knowing the consequences. But it was worth it to watch Jesse L. Martin's performance in the finale.

Chris Scott
May 24th, 2015, 11:36 AM
This season has done a terrible job with Felicity. Instead of being the brainy-awkward/quirky IT girl, they turned her into an emotional wreck. She cried, or got emotional about every scene. This probably has to do with them building up Laurel.

Since there isn't a Flash thread, I'm going to comment on my one gripe with the finale here. Towards the end of the season, they really dumbed Caitlin down. This show has a perfect way to explain the overly scientific terms by having Joe or Iris ask what they mean. It doesn't hurt their integrity, because they are not scientists. Having Caitlin be dumbfounded by everything in the finale made her seem less an equal to Cisco and Barry. Other than that, it was a great finale.

What did you think of The Flash? Overall I think it was a really good season with 4 or 5 superb episodes.

Dream-Evil
May 24th, 2015, 12:35 PM
I'm much more looking forward to the return of The Flash compared to Arrow. I'm even looking forward to season 2 of Agent Carter over Arrow at the moment.

The Flash have set themselves up well, with a tease of Jay Garrick.

virms
May 24th, 2015, 6:02 PM
At what point in arrows season did flash start airing. I just got the wally west origin story on arrow.

Should I start watching some flash mixed in?

lotjx
May 24th, 2015, 7:25 PM
Arrow season 3 and Flash season 1 go back to back, you almost have to watch Flash first.

Chris Scott
May 25th, 2015, 3:34 PM
I'm much more looking forward to the return of The Flash compared to Arrow. I'm even looking forward to season 2 of Agent Carter over Arrow at the moment.

The Flash have set themselves up well, with a tease of Jay Garrick.

I have no doubt Arrow will bounce back with season 4.

virms
May 25th, 2015, 7:11 PM
Not only is Entourage at RAW but so is the Arrow himself!

Dream-Evil
May 26th, 2015, 3:27 AM
I have no doubt Arrow will bounce back with season 4.

I hope so, with the tease of Coast City which could potentially mean seeing a pre GL Hal Jordon.

TimeSplitter
May 26th, 2015, 6:40 AM
They've already teased GL on The Flash.

virms
May 26th, 2015, 3:28 PM
Season 2 was pretty good. Last 3 episodes was pretty good. I can already tell drama will be abound with the pairing of Oliver and felicity

virms
May 28th, 2015, 1:41 AM
Started Flash. Very good thus far and Iris is a babe among babes. :drool:

Chris Scott
May 28th, 2015, 4:56 PM
Season 2 was pretty good. Last 3 episodes was pretty good. I can already tell drama will be abound with the pairing of Oliver and felicity

Yeah I was loving last 3 me.

Started Flash. Very good thus far and Iris is a babe among babes. :drool:

Umm, had this discussion in work, I'm not that fussed on her me.

virms
May 28th, 2015, 7:15 PM
So Brandon Routhe and John Barrowman are on the same show and it doesn't look like they are gonna share screen time. :wtf:

Dont fuck this up Arrow. Season 3 thus far has been good as far as I am concerned.

virms
May 28th, 2015, 7:15 PM
Yeah I was loving last 3 me.

Umm, had this discussion in work, I'm not that fussed on her me.

I think she is stunning. Right up there with Laurel.

The Doc
May 29th, 2015, 12:05 AM
She's easily hotter than Laurel.

Chris Scott
May 29th, 2015, 7:15 AM
Felicity is the one for me.

virms
May 30th, 2015, 12:02 AM
Ok got thru Season 3. I honestly don't have very many issues with it overall. I had seen on here about Felicity being super emotional and crying non stop but I didn't think it was over done. Realistically, most of her break downs were understandable.

Fucking hell, I know Brandon Routhe is a somewhat of a big player but I hope his arch isn't done.

It is amazing to me as a person who has never had any interest in Flash (always thought him a bit lame) to see how ridiculously powerful he is in this reality. They have done a nice job setting him up and I love the tension he shares with Oliver. Granted, it is more one sided and jealousy on Oliver's part, but it amuses me how easy it is for The Flash to come in and get the job done in a matter of seconds that would take Team Arrow a big battle to do.

Well, off to The Flash now for a nice big binge.

PS Barrowman as Ghul :headbang:

Chris Scott
May 31st, 2015, 3:36 PM
You'll enjoy Flash.

virms
May 31st, 2015, 5:51 PM
CW is going balls to the wall with dc shows apparently. 2 more on the way with one being an all star cast.

Chris Scott
May 31st, 2015, 7:28 PM
Legends of tomorrow? Check the trailer out.

virms
June 4th, 2015, 7:20 PM
The trailer spoils one pretty big surprise.

Anywho, anyone have any objection on asking a mod to rename this the Arrow/Flash thread? Or hell we might as well call it cw presents dc.

Got the season finale of flash to watch later. Will post thoughts.

Chris Scott
June 7th, 2015, 7:39 PM
Don't see why not with the name change. Did you watch The Flash finale?

virms
June 7th, 2015, 7:52 PM
Yeah it was good. I didn't really care all that much for the cliff hanger though. It didn't really seem like much.

I thought they did grodd pretty good as well.

I am still head over heels with Irs though. Good lord.

Definitely hoping to see the green later pop in next season.

Chris Scott
June 8th, 2015, 2:31 PM
:yes:

Question what's your favourite TV show, Arrow or Flash? Mines still Arrow just.

TimeSplitter
August 12th, 2015, 11:55 AM
So, Constantine will be appearing on an episode this season. My guess is he is directly involved in resurrecting Sara to become "White Canary"

lotjx
August 12th, 2015, 12:00 PM
Its the best news about Arrow this week. I know Stephen Armell said he wanted to help Constantine, so this is him giving back which is cool. I am kinda wondering if John is going to end up being on Legends eventually.

TimeSplitter
August 12th, 2015, 12:45 PM
I think it'll be a cool dynamic. Wouldn't be surprised to see him bounce around the shows.

Chris Scott
December 13th, 2015, 6:30 PM
So was the midseason finale last week and I have to say it's actually been a good season so far. The episode with Constantine in and the last 2 before the break being highlights of this season.

lotjx
December 13th, 2015, 8:55 PM
I am wondering how they are going to counter Darth Darko.

TimeSplitter
December 13th, 2015, 9:00 PM
This season is a major step in the right direction. I think they wrote themselves into a corner with the grave in the season premiere. They keep teasing that it could be anyone. I hope it's Laurel, and they all just shrug their shoulders and walk away.

The Law
December 14th, 2015, 1:05 AM
This season has been good. Improvement on last season. Wasn't thrilled with their execution of Ra's al Ghul last year. Am I the only one who's tired of the flashbacks? Just feel like they've outlived their usefulness. First season it made sense to show us how he came to be. Second season expounded on Slade. Third season...eh, didn't do much for me. This season just feels like they're filling time.

Chris Scott
December 14th, 2015, 5:28 AM
Yeah flashbacks this season do seem like they are filling time, but he was on the island for 5 years.

TimeSplitter
December 14th, 2015, 3:38 PM
there's only one more season of flashbacks.

Chris Scott
December 14th, 2015, 6:30 PM
Really? Didn't know that. Surely it's not showed us 5 years of flashbacks so far.

TimeSplitter
December 14th, 2015, 10:33 PM
They'll probably use that logic to justify more flashbacks.

TimeSplitter
February 1st, 2016, 3:07 PM
Mid-season premiere update:

Arrow:

- I'm glad they've made the connection between the present and flash backs. This is leading me to believe Diggle is in the grave
- Felicity, aka Oracle 2.0/Overwatch, is in an odd spot. I'm sure next season they'll have a two episode arc where she learns to walk again.
- I'm glad there is only one more year of flashbacks. Other than the Constantine appearance, I don't care all that much.
- Killing off Waller makes sense, don't want to have multiple Wallers between their movie/tv universes.

Flash:

- Cisco finally got his vibe goggles! His arc is a lot of fun to watch.
- Not a fan of the Caitlyn/Jay romance. Hopefully the Deathstorm/Killer Frost episode they've been teasing sheds more light on this situation.
- This may sound creepy, but I wish Wally was younger than he is on the show. How can he become Kid Flash if he is already in his late teens/early 20's.
- I'm sad Patty is leaving. I really liked her.
- Zoom just wanting to zap Barry's speed will be underwhelming if that's his ultimate goal. Hopefully there is more to it than his speed.
- Having Reverse Flash come back was a cool origin story. It explains why Well/Thawne comes back to this time.

Legends of Tomorrow:

- The first half of the pilot had a lot of ground to cover. The second half helped establish the dynamic of the show.
- Captain Cold and Heatwave are my favorite part thus far.
- Stein interacting with his younger self was amusing. Having Sara and Jefferson making fun of him was great.
- Hot damn can Brandon Routh act. He and Snart had a fun dynamic in the second episode.
- Killing Hawkman is an interesting idea. They can have him come back in every era they time travel. There are a lot of avenues to take this, sometimes he can remember Hawkgirl, sometimes he can't, it'll be cool to watch.
- Victor Garber is awesome.
- I wish Vandal Savage were more intimidating. He was rather bland in the Arrow/Flash crossover, and he still is on LoT.
- It was cool to see Damian Darhk at the auction.

If anyone else has watched LoT, I'd love to hear what you've thought.

Chris Scott
February 2nd, 2016, 5:43 PM
Was just looking for a thread for it. I think LOT is very very good, I love it so far. 2nd episode was excellent, I like the direction they've gone with and the whole future/past timeline.

Chris Scott
February 2nd, 2016, 5:45 PM
As for Arrow I thought it was a good season so far and with the next 2 episodes since the break it's got really solid, I'm happy with where it's going.

But as for Flash not been that fused in season two and the 2 episodes since the break have been poor I think.

lotjx
February 3rd, 2016, 8:39 AM
When I saw the line up for Legends, I thought why are they putting Heatwave in this thing? Then answer is to get all the good lines. I am liking it for the character interaction, but the Savage plot is retarded. You have to kill him with the Hawks...no, no, no...it has to be with a mystical weapon.... oh another thing... you need to read a poem while stabbing him..oh wait..fuck it! Savage is Bowser in Super Mario Brothers where you kill him and get nothing out of it til the end. I also think Rip is way too Doctor Who. Other than that, the cast seems steady enough to get through at least the first season. Flash has been good with the Earth 2 stuff. Arrow is treading towards the problems of last season of being a Batman show. So, Orcale is taken and we know Wayne Industries buys Queen Industries. So, where is Bruce?

TimeSplitter
February 3rd, 2016, 8:59 AM
Off in movie land.

Chris Scott
February 5th, 2016, 7:30 AM
I wasn't digging the Earth 2 stuff at first and I know we got Wells back but as the seasons gone on I don't mind it now.

TimeSplitter
February 5th, 2016, 7:47 AM
Earth-2 is a new way for them to get a villain-of-the-week instead of the particle accelerator. This week's episode was a bit too formulaic from the latter:

- Somebody gets powers from the explosion
- They exact revenge two years later
- Flash tries to stop them, fails
- Science
- Flash stops them.

Dream-Evil
February 6th, 2016, 3:34 AM
Anyone been watching Supergirl? It's been announced that The Flash will pop up in the show. Which obviously means shared universe.

mr sabu
February 6th, 2016, 4:46 AM
so im gonna guess that in season four

Nyssa will the one whose killed off

Chris Scott
February 6th, 2016, 9:47 AM
Nah I think it'll be his sister or Laurel.

This weeks episode was a good one with the Calculator/Felicity stuff.

Chris Scott
February 6th, 2016, 9:54 AM
Anyone been watching Supergirl? It's been announced that The Flash will pop up in the show. Which obviously means shared universe.

Watched the first 2 of Supergirl wasn't that fused.

lotjx
February 6th, 2016, 2:19 PM
Rip mentions Superman and Batman, either shit or get off the pot with this.

Chris Scott
February 6th, 2016, 4:24 PM
Thought it was a cool line to say.

Another solid DC Legends of tomorrow episode.

virms
November 10th, 2021, 12:24 PM
Can we change the name of this thread to arrowverse please? A catch all for all the DC comic shows?

Also, legends of tomorrow has turned into the clear winner of the best of these shows that's been on the air the last decade. It honestly just keeps getting better. The new superman is stiff competition but we shall see how it holds up in its second season. I had no idea the new season of legends was out already but got caught up today and it's been great.

I'm way behind on supergirl though which just ended for good. A flash crossover event starts sometime very soon.

Anybody watching?

Nash Diesel
November 10th, 2021, 12:52 PM
Can we change the name of this thread to arrowverse please? A catch all for all the DC comic shows?

Also, legends of tomorrow has turned into the clear winner of the best of these shows that's been on the air the last decade. It honestly just keeps getting better. The new superman is stiff competition but we shall see how it holds up in its second season. I had no idea the new season of legends was out already but got caught up today and it's been great.

I'm way behind on supergirl though which just ended for good. A flash crossover event starts sometime very soon.

Anybody watching?

I'm not watching the current stuff. I'm trying to get caught up on Flash via Netflix.

I'm a big fan of the CW shows. I'll admit I've only seen a little bit of Arrow itself, I think I watched the first season on Netflix and just never got around to catching up. I'll go and watch the crossovers.

Black Lightning was probably my favorite. I dipped out of Supergirl once they started to go a little too over the top with things like adding that she's an illegal alien to the intro. All the virtue signaling was a little too much for me.

Legends is incredible. I'm trying to catch up on that as well. I'm on the last season.

virms
November 10th, 2021, 1:04 PM
The only reason I really watch flash anymore is because of the time investment and Candace Patton.

I need to find time to get into black lightning. I watched the series premiere and just kind of fell off it. At the time the other shows were crossing over with each other here and there while black lightning was his own thing. It just didn't get priority.

Yeah, supergirl definitely got into writing in a lot of modern day culture and some of it was good. Dreams story is ok if a little forced at times but they did a lot of mirroring trying to raise awareness to a lot of diversity issues that at times definitely was forced.

I do like the new Batgirl vs the old one. Batgirl isn't to bad either but I'm way behind on it.

MTR
November 10th, 2021, 1:12 PM
I am bit behind on some of the shows but I pretty much watch them all. Only one that I stopped watching after the first season was Black Lightning but I have been meaning to go back and watch the rest.

Bert
November 10th, 2021, 2:56 PM
All of the CW shows go on for at least 3 seasons too long and run out of ideas.

I watched the big crossover thing before Arrow ended but I'd missed like 3 seasons of Arrow so it didn't make a ton of sense.

Mazer
November 11th, 2021, 1:28 PM

:yes:

Nash Diesel
November 11th, 2021, 2:05 PM
All of the CW shows go on for at least 3 seasons too long and run out of ideas.

I watched the big crossover thing before Arrow ended but I'd missed like 3 seasons of Arrow so it didn't make a ton of sense.

I somewhat disagree. I won't comment on Arrow or Supergirl as I made it known I don't really follow them religiously.

First off, Smallville. I slept on that show until the 9th season. After it ended TNT started showing the reruns so I DVR'd everything my best friend didn't have on DVD. Smallville doesn't even really pick up until season 3-4.

Flash has thrived. Black Lightning was great it's a shame they had to rush everything in season 4 knowing it was the last. Legends of Tomorrow--You might have a point where after season 3 it's been a little silly at times BUT the most recent season they put on Netflix has been really good too. Personal preference but I just think some of these shows thrived AFTER the first couple seasons.

Bert
November 11th, 2021, 2:35 PM
Smallville ended a decade ago. I don't see how that can be part of the "Arrowverse."

Flash fell off to me after the Cicada storyline but I did think dude from American Pie did a good job in his role. I've never watched Supergirl.

Nash Diesel
November 11th, 2021, 2:42 PM
Smallville ended a decade ago. I don't see how that can be part of the "Arrowverse."

Flash fell off to me after the Cicada storyline but I did think dude from American Pie did a good job in his role. I've never watched Supergirl.

Yeah no clue why I talked about Smallville other than I was fixated on "all the CW shows" part.

I've barely watched Supergirl or even Batwoman, but the other shows are top notch imo.

virms
November 11th, 2021, 2:45 PM

Because it is now part of the Arrowverse thanks to Crisis. It wasn't but now it is. So is 1960s Batman. 1980s Batman and Zack Synder's DC universe.

I mean some even argue it should no longer even be called the Arrowverse.

Nash Diesel
November 11th, 2021, 3:10 PM
Because it is now part of the Arrowverse thanks to Crisis. It wasn't but now it is. So is 1960s Batman. 1980s Batman and Zack Synder's DC universe.

That's a great point about Crisis. What's funny is I was in the middle of finishing Crisis on Infinite Earths when they announced the crossovers.

Mazer
November 11th, 2021, 3:40 PM

Shhhh.....If Stephen Amell hears you say that..... he will murder you.

virms
November 11th, 2021, 3:52 PM
Shhhh.....If Stephen Amell hears you say that..... he will murder you.

That would definitely be a heel turn.

Mazer
November 11th, 2021, 3:59 PM
Somebody is pretty confident about his fan appeal.