PDA

View Full Version : FIFA Clubs

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

turdpower
October 7th, 2012, 10:10 AM
I know we have threads in the Asylum, so it's unlikely to get used but I figured it could.

I'm currently getting back into FUT and assembling a lovely little team. The gold packs I've gotten have been very kind to me, the likes of; Mascherano, Fabregas and Pastore have popped out.

How's everyone finding it?

Alf
October 7th, 2012, 10:15 AM
I think it's an incredible game. Taking the actual match engine out of it, the amount of content is ridiculous. I'm loving the form thing, the games of the week, live fixtures, game challenges, the skill challenges are a brilliant addition. Clubs has been improved a decent amount, UT is grand but a bit bloody hard to make enough coins to get packs. And then you have the online bread and butter modes like Head to Head. It's a really cracking game.

Beefy
October 7th, 2012, 10:53 AM
What I like about FIFA are the sheer number of different modes which really enable them to be able to cater for anyone with an interest in football. I play Clubs and H2H. Other people play FUT. Others play career mode. others manager mode. There's so many opportunities for the game to grab you and hold your interest.

Mikey_Jones
October 7th, 2012, 11:02 AM
It's a great game. I've been enjoying the skill games a lot, although the manual controls are a pain to deal with. Great fun to try and beat your friends scores

Alf
October 7th, 2012, 11:02 AM
It is well annoying when you dominate a head to head and they score both times with their only 2 attackes. RAGGHH

Alf
October 7th, 2012, 11:58 AM
With Ultimate team and the ultimate edition, aren't you supposed to get 2 gold packs a week?

BBF
October 7th, 2012, 12:11 PM
1 a week for 24 weeks I THINK

RuneEdge
October 7th, 2012, 12:23 PM
With Ultimate team and the ultimate edition, aren't you supposed to get 2 gold packs a week?
If you mean "Ultimate Edition" along with the "Season Ticket" then yeah, you get two packs a week.

turdpower
October 7th, 2012, 1:11 PM
You have to enter the code you got with your game, Alf.

turdpower
October 9th, 2012, 9:55 AM
I've now got 50k in coins and it's enough to enter the bidding race for RVP but not enough to actually buy him :(

Alf
October 9th, 2012, 10:17 AM
You have to enter the code you got with your game, Alf.

I did, but I don't know if it actually worked.

I'm so confused.

How did you get that many coins Trudy?

turdpower
October 9th, 2012, 1:10 PM
Sold quite a few players for more than I bought them for. Won a few tournaments etc.

RuneEdge
October 9th, 2012, 2:12 PM
Does the difficulty glitch work on the PS3? On X360, you can set the difficulty to the lowest setting, start and then quit out of an exhibition match, then you can go over to FUT and do all the high difficulty/reward tournaments and the exhibition settings will stick to the game. So you can do the high reward Seasons over and over, and make a load of coins.

Alf
October 9th, 2012, 3:22 PM
Surely they'll patch that asap and punish the exploiters.

RuneEdge
October 9th, 2012, 3:30 PM
I dunno. It doesnt seem serious enough to deserve a ban. Its something you can very easily do unintentionally. You dont really have to quit the exhibition game, you can still finish it.

turdpower
October 9th, 2012, 3:58 PM
I think that is fairly serious to be honest.

RuneEdge
October 9th, 2012, 4:07 PM
Not compared to the problems they've had and the ones they're currently dealing with.

turdpower
October 19th, 2012, 3:07 AM
I finally got RVP, My full blooded gold team looks decent:

Marchetti

Rafael Nesta Mascherano Assou-Ekotto

Scholes Fabregas Pastore

Ben Arfa Van Persie Gervinho

Squad is general is decent as I've also got the likes of; David Luiz, Valencia, Tiote, Ramires, Capel, Menez, Berbatov

Silver squad are basically all English Championship players

Bronze Squad are all French Ligue 2 players.

thetony
October 24th, 2012, 8:31 AM
Went out and bought this the other day.. first ever soccer/football game I've purchased.

Question that I have.. Ventured into career mode as the manager of a barclays premier league team and was wondering if this game has champions league play. Went through a season as first in the league and it all kind of just started over again.

Hlebsfall
October 24th, 2012, 9:01 AM
It does have European cups in it. They won't be officially branded as the Champions League though, as the rights to that are owned by Pro Ev.

thetony
October 24th, 2012, 9:16 AM
Right. I've went through the F.A/Capital One Cup and was wondering if those were all it offered.

Thanks, though!

turdpower
November 3rd, 2012, 2:00 PM
Just had a bloody mental game of FIFA, I feel a bit emotionally drained. Was playing an online FUT League game. The other guy was pretty good, and was 5-1 down at halftime, I didn't feel he was amazing but I had no real reason to be annoyed that I had conceded 5, as he'd made some great chances, and a couple of his goals were fucking BOOMERS. Straight after half time I pull a couple of goals back 5-3 to him, he seems to have gone off the boil; complacent. He pulls another back, this one much scrappier than his previous goals. I score another to make it 6-4, I get the feeling that if the game were to be much longer I could easily win this bit time is ticking away. I pull one back in the 87th minute. 6-5, squeaky bum time for this chap. I keep bombing forward it's all about me know, he can't get on the ball, he's hoofing it long out of defence. After some slick passing the ball comes to Fabregas and I hit a fairly decent shot that the keeper gets fingertips to, but it goes in! 6-6, I've done it in injury time. Straight from kick off he's annoyed, he tries the old "run at players because I'm out of ideas and there's not alot of time left". I tackle him and bomb forward. I have Fabregas on the ball, I jink inside his slide tackle and find myself in a very similar position to what happened seconds earlier; I wouldn't normally hit these, BUT WHY NOT? It smashed the top corner of the net. 7-6, I imagine he smashed his console to pieces.

Arsenal/Reading is now the second best comeback of the week for my money.

Pablo Diablo
November 3rd, 2012, 2:07 PM
I love a good FIFA comeback. In 12 with Seasons back when I still played with United before getting sick of facing City, Ronaldo, Messi on repeat I had been stuck in like Div 4 for about 2 seasons. I went into my last game needing the win to get the promotion. Faced City, Started off horribly. Was down 3-0 with in 30 minutes of game time. Got one back before half only for them to score right after half. Down 4-1 at this point, seeing another season in Div 4 ahead of me I turned things on. Got two goals before 70' subbed on more strikers won it 5-4. Was a great feeling.

In a related note I love playing as Villa in this. Love their pace. Problem is I feel like I only face 2 teams Santos and Corinthians

Matthew
November 3rd, 2012, 2:47 PM
red bulls all day everyday

Pablo Diablo
November 3rd, 2012, 2:48 PM
Surprisingly I haven't faced Red Bulls yet, I thought they'd be a team Villa would face.

The Rosk
November 25th, 2012, 4:48 PM
Newcastle are fucking immense in this. Up to League 3 with consistent consecutive promotions. Seasons ftw

MMH
November 25th, 2012, 5:40 PM
I do like the game. I find that it plays better using the realistic sliders for offline gaming. I have my game set up so I play 10 minute games ad the games are so realistic in terms of goals and results and styles of play etc.

Im currently in charge of Luton town in Career mode and its been great so far. Got a big lad through my youth system who plays like a big lad.

I have also built an East German FUT team which is nice.

Pablo Diablo
November 25th, 2012, 5:43 PM
I'm surprised you don't use Villa in this Rosk, I find them to be a very good team for their star rating.

quangcaogiare68
November 25th, 2012, 9:04 PM
In hiflex t?i HÃ* N?i
IN HIFLEX GIÃ R?

GIAO HÀNG T?N NOI T?I TP. HN

In Hiflex t?i TPHCM
IN PHUN KH? L?N

GIAO HÀNG T?N NOI T?I TP. HCM

Treo bang rôn tphcm (http://www.treobangron123.com/)
Treo bang rôn t?i HÃ* N?i
Treo bang rôn t?i H?i Phòng
Treo bang rôn t?i C?n Tho
Treo bang rôn t?i Nha Trang
Treo bang rôn t?i DÃ* N?ng
Treo bang rôn t?i Biên Hòa D?ng Nai
Treo bang rôn t?i Hu?
Treo bang rôn t?i Daklak Buôn Mê Thu?t
Treo bang rôn ThÃ*nh ph? Vinh

http://www.treobangron123.com
TREO BANG RÔN 123
D?a ch?: 17 bis/17 Kha V?n Cân, Qu?n Th? D?c, TP.HCM
DT: 0167.6666.123
090.773.7734 Mr Duong
Email: info@treobangron123.com
xinphepquangcao@gmail.com
Website: www.treobangron123.com (http://www.treobangron123.com/)

Pablo Diablo
November 25th, 2012, 9:07 PM
Dammit wasn't in the right thread.

The Rosk
November 27th, 2012, 2:14 PM
Good advice Pabs. Div 3 champions with first go as Villa. Great side for their rating, you are right.

MMH
November 27th, 2012, 6:41 PM
I have gave up on Ultimate team its garbage. Ill have loads of possesion and stuff they go down the other end bang, goal. Every fucking game. Every opponent plays the same way too.

RuneEdge
November 27th, 2012, 10:33 PM
I have gave up on Ultimate team its garbage. Ill have loads of possesion and stuff they go down the other end bang, goal. Every fucking game. Every opponent plays the same way too.

Yeah, its the scripting/momentum/handicap bullshit. Your players become sluggish, the positioning becomes really bad, etc, while the other team get the opposite effect. It works both way too. Sometimes your players feel invincible and you get all the luck in the world.
There are lots of competing theories about how and why it happens but no one really knows for sure. Its believed that its something to do with your team ratings, where the higher rated team is the one that gets punished. When you try a shit team, it actually does work better for you for like 7-8 games but then you eventually get the odd game where you get handicapped for no known reason.

turdpower
November 28th, 2012, 3:58 AM
Yes, it's got that Pro Evo 6 feel to it where you just know the other team is going to score.

MMH
November 28th, 2012, 4:23 AM
Yeah, its the scripting/momentum/handicap bullshit. Your players become sluggish, the positioning becomes really bad, etc, while the other team get the opposite effect. It works both way too. Sometimes your players feel invincible and you get all the luck in the world.
There are lots of competing theories about how and why it happens but no one really knows for sure. Its believed that its something to do with your team ratings, where the higher rated team is the one that gets punished. When you try a shit team, it actually does work better for you for like 7-8 games but then you eventually get the odd game where you get handicapped for no known reason.

Well on Ultimate team it seems that many teams play with 88 chemistry and I tend to get battered by them. I have 100. If its 100 vs 100 I can cope fine.

I dunno what I do wrong in Fifa where my defensive line always seems to be very high. I struggle for ages to break a defence down and then they just go up to my end of the pitch and its 2 vs 2. Does my head in.

Also Fifa seems to have deleted all my custom formations. Which is really annoying as I have edited every team in the game. I think its time to give up.

Beefy
November 28th, 2012, 7:32 AM
I dunno what I do wrong in Fifa where my defensive line always seems to be very high. I struggle for ages to break a defence down and then they just go up to my end of the pitch and its 2 vs 2. Does my head in.

I don't know if it's true at don't play FUT myself but I've read elsehwere that the top divisions are plagued with teams playing ultra-defensive mentality and counter-attack which is what seems to be happening to you. I doubt your defensive line is really that high - it jsut seems it compared to everyone you're playing.

Simon
November 28th, 2012, 8:05 AM
I've always wondered if the rubberbanding is true or not, dunno if Nicky visits much but NICKY NICKY NICKY hopefully he will vanity search and find this - can you shed some light on this NICKY?

turdpower
November 28th, 2012, 8:40 AM
I don't know if it's true at don't play FUT myself but I've read elsehwere that the top divisions are plagued with teams playing ultra-defensive mentality and counter-attack which is what seems to be happening to you. I doubt your defensive line is really that high - it jsut seems it compared to everyone you're playing.

I've assumed this is true.

I play 4-3-3 and I get battered if I play a team with 5 in defensive.

turdpower
November 28th, 2012, 8:40 AM
Well on Ultimate team it seems that many teams play with 88 chemistry and I tend to get battered by them. I have 100. If its 100 vs 100 I can cope fine.

Also Fifa seems to have deleted all my custom formations. Which is really annoying as I have edited every team in the game. I think its time to give up.

Does chemistry actually count for anything?

Mikey_Jones
November 28th, 2012, 9:18 AM
I think chemistry does count for something, although you do get games where nothing will go your way

Simon
November 28th, 2012, 10:30 AM
I'd love to know what certain stats are for in Pro Clubs. For example positioning - given that you control your player's movement, what is the point of it? Is it just for people who are playing ANY?

RuneEdge
November 28th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Yes, it's got that Pro Evo 6 feel to it where you just know the other team is going to score.
Yeah, thats exactly it. Brings back those old school Pro Evo memories when you'd play the Master League on the highest difficulty setting. :yes:

I'd love to know what certain stats are for in Pro Clubs. For example positioning - given that you control your player's movement, what is the point of it? Is it just for people who are playing ANY?

I posted a list of all the stats and their explanations here last year. Cant remember most of it but I rememeber there was one stat (I think positioning) that determined how organised your positioning was after dead ball situations.

Chemistry has something to do with it, yeah. Cuz your actual team rating in FUT is your OVR + Chemistry. Thats why if you look at the leaderboard, the team ratings for the top guys are something like 187, 185, etc. So of course, the low chemistry teams have a lower overall team rating. But thats not to say it will always work in your favour if you made a shit team on purpose.
I made a fairly decent team, and made my way up to Division 1. Had a couple of bad games on the way but I pretty much got promoted on every try. Then I hit Division 1 and I lose 6 games in a row and get relegated. Back in Division 2, I lose all my games again except one and get pushed down to Division 3.

I then made this team.
http://i.imgur.com/1MQnn.png
Notice the team's rating and the bench I used.
Since then I won 12 and drew 2 of my last 14 games. Every game I got lucky with stupid deflections and players being in the right places at the right times.
I then made one change to the team by adding Ramires to the midfield, and now I've gone back to losing every other game.

Fanny
November 28th, 2012, 11:50 AM

is it not for your positioning for set pieces, for one thing?

Mikey_Jones
November 28th, 2012, 12:00 PM
Using a bronze bench lowers your team rating (I think) so means you face weaker teams in general

MMH
November 28th, 2012, 12:06 PM

I think it just makes your pro react a bit better, like if you are going for a header it will position you better than it normally would.

RuneEdge
November 28th, 2012, 12:09 PM
Using a bronze bench lowers your team rating (I think) so means you face weaker teams in general

I still face the same teams. I've played a team made up of guys like Ibrahimovic, Rooney, Aguero, Yaya Toure, Puyol, Dani Alves, etc

The Rosk
November 28th, 2012, 1:48 PM
I am currently about to be promoted to Division One in Seasons mode. Should I presume this is just fucking ridiculously hard? And should I also presume that there is nothing above Division One? And tha tI would then need to find something else to do with my time?

MMH
November 28th, 2012, 6:54 PM
Seriously this game is fucking awful.

UT robbery all over the place. For the first time in my life I have just rage quit. The goal that just went in against me has just got me so annoyed. Two 1 star rated bronze team a with about 40 chemistry each, one held me to a draw and i couldnt do anything and the next was winning 1-0 after another ludicrous goal and Huth has just been sent off for me for nothing at all. So thats it I quit FUT. What a load of shite. Whats the point in building a team if the chemistry means fuck all?

turdpower
November 29th, 2012, 4:07 AM
Roberto Mancini has the same problem.

MMH
November 29th, 2012, 4:24 AM
Roberto Mancini has the same problem.

Roberto Mancini doesnt have to battle the law of physics though. Some of the stuff I saw last night was PES level crap in terms of fakery.

The Rosk
November 29th, 2012, 4:45 AM
Played the best player of Fifa I have ever played last night. Somehow I drew 3-3; 3-1 up with ten minutes to go and he scored two outrageously skilful goals to equalise. Need 3 points from final two games to go to the top division now. exciting times.

turdpower
November 29th, 2012, 6:20 AM
Roberto Mancini doesnt have to battle the law of physics though. Some of the stuff I saw last night was PES level crap in terms of fakery.

http://ballsdot.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/mannarco.gif

Gravity...

Nicky
December 25th, 2012, 9:43 PM
I've always wondered if the rubberbanding is true or not, dunno if Nicky visits much but NICKY NICKY NICKY hopefully he will vanity search and find this - can you shed some light on this NICKY?

Vanity search a month late :D

I swear on my life, it's total, total bollocks. No truth in it whatsoever but it seems people still want to believe it's there. Doesn't matter how many denials are put out there, people seem to want/need an excuse for if they lose a game. In fact, some of the game team people actually got paranoid after the constant speculation, that they wondered if there was something in the code that even they weren't aware about, so they got some independent person/company to go through it to make sure there wasn't anything like that going on. Nothing was found.

RuneEdge
December 26th, 2012, 12:11 PM
They didnt get an independant person or company, they did the "investigation" themselves. It was actually mentioned in a stickied thread over at the EA forum.

Whats funny is that a few people went out of their way to perform tests to prove that the rubberbanding/scripting existed (things such as measuring sprint speeds between slow and pacey players, finding patterns in where and when the "scripting" occurred), and those people got banned from the forum. And since then, they've now banned any talk of rubberbanding, handicap, momentum, etc. I've personally received a couple of infractions myself.

Suggesting that its just an excuse for losing games is a load of bollocks. I've won loads of games where the handicap had me at a disadvantage. But besides that, I know it exists because I can pin point exactly where and when the game is abusing its power to mess your game up. And I know its not a coincidence because it either happens for the whole 90 minutes, or it doesnt happen at all. Its not as if it independently decides how each 50/50 decision will turn out, which is how it should be handled if EA were trying to add realism to the game. But instead its a case of either everything going your way or everything fucking up (things such as simple passes being misplaced, open goals being missed from 10 yards out, etc).

I dont care if EA release statements all day that deny its existence cuz I can clearly see myself that something's wrong. And the fact that loads of people claim to experience the exact same thing is too much of a coincidence.

Simon
December 26th, 2012, 1:06 PM
Vanity search a month late :D

I swear on my life, it's total, total bollocks. No truth in it whatsoever but it seems people still want to believe it's there. Doesn't matter how many denials are put out there, people seem to want/need an excuse for if they lose a game. In fact, some of the game team people actually got paranoid after the constant speculation, that they wondered if there was something in the code that even they weren't aware about, so they got some independent person/company to go through it to make sure there wasn't anything like that going on. Nothing was found.

As RuneEdge says, it's nothing to do with looking for an excuse (well, I'm sure it is for some people, but by no means all). It may just be that the random elements of the game occasionally coincidentally all go against you at once so that it feels like you're being fucked over, but there is absolutely no way that it is satisfactory for EA to say that nothing strange occurs, because everyone knows that it does. I'm happy to believe that there is no intentional rubberbanding, but denying that any issue even exists and trying to lay it at the door of failing players looking for excuses is very shoddy (I appreciate that this is just you talking, not talking on behalf of EA as a whole). It seems most noticeable in clubs in my experience, some games you just cannot play football.

RuneEdge
December 26th, 2012, 1:10 PM
Yeah, Clubs has this too. Some games my passes are great and you dont feel sluggish when bombing down the flanks, then in the next game I'd be so useless that I'd actually not want my team mates to pass me the ball cuz I know I'll let the team down.

turdpower
December 26th, 2012, 7:04 PM
Well the random nature of player performance can be realistic to a point. At least old Pro Evo told you the form arrows before going into each game.

Nicky
December 27th, 2012, 6:30 PM
Well, what can I say. You asked if I could shed any light on it, and I told you honestly what I know and how I saw it. I don't play the game quite as much as proper fans do, and I've never played clubs either so maybe I'm not seeing what you guys see (or think you see :D ). All I can say is that I've honestly never heard anyone within the company mention anything about rubber-banding/scripting apart from when I see the utter frustration that nobody believes it doesn't exist (or at least, nothing is there intentionally, or that anyone is aware of).

FWIW I think banning of talking about it on the forums was because everything constantly went around in circles and the discussion on it got so tedious that the mods had enough. Might not be the right call, but I can see how the constant frustration of seeing people go on about it could lead to them saying "Sod it, all discussion is now banned". Shrug. I'm starting to see how they feel ;)

Torn
December 27th, 2012, 6:43 PM
From my experience, suddenly turning shit in pro clubs is mostly down to differences in network lag game on game. It's not SO bad in 13 but in general my guy felt a lot more sluggish when controlling him in clubs compared to other modes. It's like the problems Grim has where the button presses come through about 3 seconds after he presses the button but on a smaller scale. It's just a lot more responsive playing head to head.

RuneEdge
December 27th, 2012, 6:43 PM
Well, what can I say. You asked if I could shed any light on it, and I told you honestly what I know and how I saw it. I don't play the game quite as much as proper fans do, and I've never played clubs either so maybe I'm not seeing what you guys see (or think you see :D ). All I can say is that I've honestly never heard anyone within the company mention anything about rubber-banding/scripting apart from when I see the utter frustration that nobody believes it doesn't exist (or at least, nothing is there intentionally, or that anyone is aware of).

FWIW I think banning of talking about it on the forums was because everything constantly went around in circles and the discussion on it got so tedious that the mods had enough. Might not be the right call, but I can see how the constant frustration of seeing people go on about it could lead to them saying "Sod it, all discussion is now banned". Shrug. I'm starting to see how they feel ;)
You sound like one of "them". :(

Grimario
December 27th, 2012, 6:46 PM
From my experience, suddenly turning shit in pro clubs is mostly down to differences in network lag game on game. It's not SO bad in 13 but in general my guy felt a lot more sluggish when controlling him in clubs compared to other modes. It's like the problems Grim has where the button presses come through about 3 seconds after he presses the button but on a smaller scale. It's just a lot more responsive playing head to head.

:(

Nicky
December 27th, 2012, 6:51 PM
You sound like one of "them". :(

It was written in my contract that I had to lie about the existence of scripting whenever asked.

Rip
January 8th, 2013, 5:37 AM
20 minutes to get all the download and updates done and I get a bloody Man City kit as a reward?

:mad:

Simon
January 8th, 2013, 6:23 AM
What's this?

Rip
January 8th, 2013, 6:38 AM
Got it the other day and just got round to playing it this morning, I never got FIFA 12 so it spent ages trying to 'set up my FIFA profile' or some such then decided I could have a bonus Man City strip from the club shop based on my previous games.

Man City? FFS I've never played as Man City in my life!

Simon
January 8th, 2013, 6:44 AM
I didn't realise they held back certain kits, that's fucking bullshit.

Torn
January 8th, 2013, 6:59 AM
They have historical kits which you can unlock. What's the problem here?

Rip
January 8th, 2013, 7:03 AM
I'm not sure if it was a 'Special' one because being honest as soon as I saw that it was a City one I wasn't interested, game seems to play well though been a while since I played FIFA but I don't feel out of touch with it, I see the commentary team is still spouting random shite though, I was beating Norwich 3-0 at half time and they decided to start the second half by saying Norwich would be looking to build on their great start... Finished 7-0 so I guess they did.

turdpower
January 8th, 2013, 7:30 AM
Yeah, is it black with a white cross on it?

You didn't get that as a prize, you used your XP to buy it (basically).

Bad Collin
January 8th, 2013, 7:52 AM
This is £28 on Amazon and I have a voucher. Can someone please tell me what makes this better than Fifa 12 and why I should get it?

Thanks!

turdpower
January 8th, 2013, 8:35 AM
I can't really remember. Mini games are new, probably some other stuff.

Rip
January 8th, 2013, 8:56 AM
I didn't have '12 (didn't see the point when I played my mates) but compared to '11 this does play smoother, the whole ai just seems to have been tweaked a bit (although I still found myself shouting at my wingers to get past the full backs so I could play them through) There seems to be a fair few extra bits and bobs as well which I'm about to investigate :D

Matty C
January 8th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Rip, you need to add me on PSN so I can crush* you. I've yet to play a Rajahite due to scheduling issues.

*I suck

Matthew
January 8th, 2013, 10:52 AM
i think he is an xbox guy

didn't accept my request, but still think that's what he has it for

i would destroy everyone on the forums in this game. no doubt.

Matty C
January 8th, 2013, 4:02 PM
I didn't even consider XBox as a possibility. Shame on both of you.

MMH
January 8th, 2013, 6:25 PM

Try playing with the speed sliders all the way down for both teams (as I do) you can actually see the game going through the motions as it kicks in. Its really weird.

turdpower
January 9th, 2013, 4:15 AM
Yeah, I played this a lot over Christmas and am starting to see what this all means.

The amount of last minute goals for and against me was mental. There would be times when I'd smash the post for a last gasp winner only the other guy to go down the other end and score.

Although I did absolutely batter some bellend and he sent me a PM that just said "scripting" so some people are a bit paranoid about it.

Rip
January 9th, 2013, 5:56 AM
i think he is an xbox guy

didn't accept my request, but still think that's what he has it for

i would destroy everyone on the forums in this game. no doubt.

Yes I did, yesterday morning, first time I've been on in ages so :p

I'll add you today Matty mate when I finish watching Doctor Who...

turdpower
January 14th, 2013, 4:07 AM
This is from a game yesterday:

Lovely bit of collision engine. Xabi Alonso decides to do a flying heabutt.

http://www.ea.com/uk/football/videos/ugc/148528690

turdpower
February 11th, 2013, 1:39 PM
Just been ploughing through career mode. It's got so many issues which is odd, because it makes you think they didn't even run through a season to check that it works.

I started out with my Pro at Oxford (chose to start at the bottom), got my pro to a reasonable standard 81 ish rated and by the end of my season with Oxford I got a transfer offer to Barcelona. First flaw (which wasn't in the last one) they don't show you the Barca team. All you know is that you are signing for Barca and they are offering you certain money (which is pointless because who chooses teams based on this?).

Barca had decided to not sign anyone else apart from Cavani, who handily, plays in the same position as me, so basically I started every game (no idea why) and in about the 75 minute I'd be subbed for Cavani, no matter how many goals he scored or how shit my performance was. They'd also flogged all their decent wide players (Messi (who was playing RF) left in August for Real Madrid, Sanchez was already gone) bit odd.

The most stupid glitch of all this is that, now in my third season (having finished the Barca season), is I then signed for PSG (who'd sold Zlatan, Lavezzi and Menez I found out), about a week later I signed for Man City and then a week later I've now signed for Real Madrid. Why is that allowed? Why did those offers even come in?

Every year so far, I've had a game on Christmas day.

Spain doesn't seem to have a winter break.

International breaks, I seem to not make the squad for the first game and then start in the second game.

I have never been a sub in any game.

Still playing it though :happysad:

Alf
February 18th, 2013, 7:35 PM
I really enjoy playing against psg every fucking game.

Simon
April 24th, 2013, 12:53 PM

God this is annoying. I swear Spurs exist in a specific grouping of similar-standard teams with Dortmund and no one else. If I play as Spurs, I will play against Dortmund fucking 90% of the time.

Alf
April 24th, 2013, 1:13 PM
It's settled down a little bit since I've moved up the leagues, but yeah, now I only get Chelsea, Liverpool, Dortmund, or PSG.

Whenever I get a new team I rejoice.

Hlebsfall
April 24th, 2013, 1:25 PM
People just seek out the best team at a particular star level. Which is why I avoided 5 star teams, as every game would be against Madrid or Barcelona.

turdpower
April 24th, 2013, 1:59 PM
PSG must be a five star team, surely?

JP
April 24th, 2013, 2:09 PM

Celtic, Ajax and PSV for me.

Given I play as Birmingham, while I'm honoured the developers seem to rate us so highly, it does get a little frustrating.

The Rosk
April 24th, 2013, 2:24 PM
You cunts have ruined Fifa.

Mikey_Jones
April 24th, 2013, 2:33 PM
PSG must be a five star team, surely?

PSG are 5 stars but aren't grouped with Madrid/Brazil/Man City etc. It's weird

Peter Griffin
May 1st, 2013, 9:02 AM
Maybe you experts maybe able to help me with something, I've just started playing this properly (few months late I know), and am doing all the challenges (i.e. todays is Doncaster vs Brentford) and it says you get so much xp for each challenge completed, and the harder level you complete it on the more xp you get, however, after a few challenges the only thing I seem to be gaining is coins not xp, am I missing something here?

Mikey_Jones
May 1st, 2013, 10:26 AM
I think there's an XP limit per day, something like 2,000

Peter Griffin
May 5th, 2013, 9:01 AM
Yes, I am aware of that mate, the problem I am having is that the challenge says it earns you xp, but when I am completing the challenges I am not earning any xp whatsoever.

Simon
May 6th, 2013, 12:14 PM
God this is annoying. I swear Spurs exist in a specific grouping of similar-standard teams with Dortmund and no one else. If I play as Spurs, I will play against Dortmund fucking 90% of the time.
8 of my last 9 games as Spurs have been against Dortmund. So annoying. I've tweeted EA about it just to see if anyone else has complained.

Simon
August 7th, 2013, 9:39 AM
Any of you dickheads going to be buying the new one when it comes out, or are you gonna wait and get it on PS4? :\

RuneEdge
August 7th, 2013, 11:06 AM
The PS3 and X360 versions will come with gameplay improvements of its own, so its not like the devs have completely abandoned it for the next gen versions. In which case I might as well buy FIFA14 when it comes out and get one of the new consoles next year, in time for FIFA15.

Truth is, I know FIFA's the only game I ever play. I think I might have played about 30 hours gaming outside the FIFA series in the last 3 years. So I personally dont see any real reason to jump to the next gen versions so soon.

Pablo Diablo
August 7th, 2013, 12:27 PM
I'm probably going to wait for FIFA 15 on a next gen. The improvements don't seem anything great this year and maybe an extra year developing for the next gens will get rid of some of the inevitable bugs.

Matthew
August 7th, 2013, 12:43 PM
im gonna stick with this generation for fifa14

in other news

i finally won the seasons league title.

turdpower
August 7th, 2013, 12:50 PM
l'll get it on release on ps3.

Grimario
August 7th, 2013, 7:06 PM
im gonna stick with this generation for fifa14

in other news

i finally won the seasons league title.

This.

But I only won 9th division :happysad:

Really need some hints on not being extremely shit with lag (and in general)

MMH
August 8th, 2013, 2:19 PM
They may as well fuck off Fifa and just call it Ultimate team as thats all they seem to give a toss about.

Dont even have loads of teams in it, just four or five massive clubs with their star players in over and over again.

Im going back to PES.

Well once I try the demo anyway...

Matthew
August 8th, 2013, 3:07 PM
mmh what you talkin about man

i always play seasons and shit. its a great time. i end up playing a wide variety of teams in it too. stop it man. stop it.

turdpower
August 8th, 2013, 3:15 PM
Ultimate Team is also nowhere near where it could be.

RuneEdge
August 8th, 2013, 6:40 PM
It doesn't have to be. EA make millions off of it every year anyway. If they keep up the rate that UT's income has grown, within 2 years it'll be bringing in more money than the sales of the game itself.

Grimario
August 8th, 2013, 7:20 PM
They may as well fuck off Fifa and just call it Ultimate team as thats all they seem to give a toss about.

Fuck, if that is the case then I have been missing out on the biggest part of the game. All I really play is Clubs (shittily), Seasons (shittily) and career.

turdpower
August 9th, 2013, 3:08 AM
UT is good fun.

MMH
August 9th, 2013, 3:15 AM
UT is good fun.

To an extent it can be. Its also a complete money pit. Once a few months have passed everyone starts playing with the same squads and the blatant cheating that goes on in the games is a disgrace when people are actually paying to play it.

The trouble with UT is that its all they focus on. They throw the other options in but dont really return to them. I use Creation Centre a lot and you have to pay for that yet they havnt fixed it for two years. There are massive threads on the EA FIFA forums about how broke it is (ie you cant bookmark players, players automatically alter to having a 1 rating for tactical awareness and not only do they not fix it they dont even acknowledge peoples issues with it.

But its OK because its happy hour on 1,000,000 coins gold packs with inform players on players that are already overpowered as it is! Not that that does anything. I have bought loads of packs in the past from FIFA 09 onwards and the best player I have ever got is Samir fucking Nasri. Its such a con.

RuneEdge
August 9th, 2013, 9:16 PM
Fuck, if that is the case then I have been missing out on the biggest part of the game. All I really play is Clubs (shittily), Seasons (shittily) and career.
UT is fun (or at least supposed to be) because there are multiple ways to play it. Some play to try and collect as many players/cards as possible, some enjoy building teams using players from various clubs, some people just want competitive online games, while others play for wealth and bragging rights.

Problem is, it's just too tedious for people who want a quick game. It really isn't a mode you can play unless you put a lot of time and effort into it. Once you're in, it can be addictive, providing you get the hang of it and start to build up a decent team to get you going. But a few don't want to dedicate the time, so you're stuck with a shit team that gets battered online and puts you off.
They have a webapp on their official site that you can log into and pretty much access the whole mode on the go (minus playing matches), so it's easy to stay on top of things as long as you're up for it.

The mode has a few other pros and cons, but nothing that's worth mentioning or knowing until you get stuck in. Whether its a good or a bad mode is down to the individual. I honestly cant even give you an opinion of my own since I'd probably have a different answer for you every day. One thing I can say for sure is that it is addictive.

turdpower
August 13th, 2013, 3:11 AM
You have to play it loads to get anything out of it.

It was my life for a while and I ended up with Ronaldo, so it's worth it, OK lads?

Grimario
August 13th, 2013, 3:24 AM
I finally got my shit together and played a bit more seasons. Should definitely not play drunk. Threw away a 3-0 lead to lose 4-3 and another 2-0 lead to lose 5-2. Survived relegation on the last game but either of those games would have given me another trophy :(

Simon
August 13th, 2013, 4:24 AM
I'm gonna throw myself into UT when it comes out, as in the end Seasons got a bit frustrating.

Pablo Diablo
August 20th, 2013, 8:15 AM
FIFA 14 coming free with every pre-order of an Xbox One in Europe.

Also a unique Ultimate Team Legends for Xbox systems as well that will allow players like Pele to be in your squad.

Good thing I don't care about UT.

Grimario
August 20th, 2013, 10:20 PM
FIFA 14 coming free with every pre-order of an Xbox One in Europe.

Also a unique Ultimate Team Legends for Xbox systems as well that will allow players like Pele to be in your squad.

Good thing I don't care about UT.

Can't wait for MMH's thoughts on this.

(and he is spot on, it would seem).

Where is Nicky with his annual forum visit to give us teasers about the game?

Simon
August 27th, 2013, 11:36 AM
One month away lads. I am gonna toe-tag allcomers on Seasons mode with Spurs.

Simon
August 27th, 2013, 11:36 AM
And yeah come on Nicky you shit.

Alf
August 27th, 2013, 11:44 AM
Come on Nicky you cunt.

I'm probably not going to bother this year. I only play it about once every 2 months.

The Rosk
August 27th, 2013, 1:03 PM
Anyone who plays UT is a fool. This is the end of Rajah United as we know it.

Beefy
August 27th, 2013, 1:59 PM
I might pick it up after Christmas when its about £20.

turdpower
September 1st, 2013, 4:12 AM
Demo for Fifa 14 is out on 10th or 11th September, depending what console you have.

I'm fully prepared to play what feels like the exact same game.

Simon
September 2nd, 2013, 5:09 AM
It always feels the same at first, then once you're used to it you realise that the little touches actually improve it a lot. There's only so much you can really do to improve a game based on reality, especially when they've spent so many years tweaking it to perfection.

FIFA had this video out literally five minutes after the Bale deal was announced :D fair play it's very well done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RuZTdixMtQY

Matthew
September 2nd, 2013, 11:06 AM
i have finally filled up my seasons' trophy cabinet. every cup has been won

turdpower
September 11th, 2013, 2:49 AM
Popped the demo on download before I went to work.

Is it also coming out on PS4? Do we know what the differences will be?

Simon
September 11th, 2013, 4:22 AM
I played it last night. Slow as fuck. They'll have to get it sorted before release because it was crap.

son_of_foley
September 12th, 2013, 5:18 AM
Anyone give the pro evo demo a go?

The commentary etc is absolute dogshite but the new engine is quite interesting. Genuinely not sure which one to go for this year

El Capitano Gatisto
September 12th, 2013, 6:43 PM
I've been playing it (Pro E demo) a fair bit today. I like it, looking forward to getting a go against human players. They've sorted the keeper physics out and through-balls look to be a bit more tricky. The multiplayer supposedly matches based on assistance level (so you don't have to play people on fully assisted passing, shooting and through-balls) so it should make things better than the through-ball-fest of last year. Also apparently there's a club rating matching system available in multiplayer too so there's an option other than playing Real Madrid/Barca every time. Raw gameplay seems great apart from those improvements.

son_of_foley
September 13th, 2013, 4:25 AM
I've been playing it (Pro E demo) a fair bit today. I like it, looking forward to getting a go against human players. They've sorted the keeper physics out and through-balls look to be a bit more tricky. The multiplayer supposedly matches based on assistance level (so you don't have to play people on fully assisted passing, shooting and through-balls) so it should make things better than the through-ball-fest of last year. Also apparently there's a club rating matching system available in multiplayer too so there's an option other than playing Real Madrid/Barca every time. Raw gameplay seems great apart from those improvements.

It felt very fluid at times as well. I think I read they spent a lot of the time on this making it about the balls movement rather than all players so the ball kind of moves about as you would expect rather than being dragged into a player animation.

Like the physical battles stuff as well about bracing for contact etc.

Think it might be the winner for me.

Beefy
September 13th, 2013, 4:57 AM
With Rajah United dead I'll be giving FIFA a miss this year - at least until it drops down to £20-ish. And I get a free copy of Pro Evo every year so if Konami are ever going to win me back this is their chance. Can only hope they don't release a truly terrible game for the first time in years.

I think I said this last year but my friend at Konami said that last year's Pro Evo was always going to be mediocre as they've been working on this year's for about 18 months.

El Capitano Gatisto
September 13th, 2013, 5:14 AM
It felt very fluid at times as well. I think I read they spent a lot of the time on this making it about the balls movement rather than all players so the ball kind of moves about as you would expect rather than being dragged into a player animation.

Like the physical battles stuff as well about bracing for contact etc.

Think it might be the winner for me.

Yeah the physicality of it is very good actually, using tricky players is more about keeping the ball in tight and moving in to space rather than trying to use R1 to just run past people. Getting the ball in to feet and trying to turn in to space is nice and realistic, the harder you make you your turn, the slower the player is to shift his weight in that direction and this obviously depends on the size and skill level of the player too. Looks like the game will be about patience in attack and defence, while there seems to be a nice balance between strength, pace and technique.

Not sold on the new set-piece system, however.

I've got a pre-order in. Obviously it could all go to pot when you play against humans and discover there are exploits (as there always are) to be used. I definitely think they have fixed the through-balls issue, though it was pretty easy to defend against that in online play anyway against players who couldn't do anything else. The fixation on it was just annoying.

El Capitano Gatisto
September 13th, 2013, 5:15 AM
With Rajah United dead I'll be giving FIFA a miss this year - at least until it drops down to £20-ish. And I get a free copy of Pro Evo every year so if Konami are ever going to win me back this is their chance. Can only hope they don't release a truly terrible game for the first time in years.

I think I said this last year but my friend at Konami said that last year's Pro Evo was always going to be mediocre as they've been working on this year's for about 18 months.

They haven't released a truly terrible game since maybe the first one on the new gens. Last year's was a good game, much better football game than FIFA, apart from the age-old licenses issue.

RuneEdge
September 13th, 2013, 5:47 AM
Played both demos yesterday. I think this is the first time in years where Pro Evo have made a significant improvement while FIFA has actually declined.

Beefy
September 13th, 2013, 6:01 AM
They haven't released a truly terrible game since maybe the first one on the new gens. Last year's was a good game, much better football game than FIFA, apart from the age-old licenses issue.

It really wasn't a better game than FIFA. Just far from it. I played it a fair bit and just found it to be nowhere near as challenging or realistic as FIFA is. I actually preferred that terrible first 'next gen' game because whilst it looked rubbish and was buggy at least it had the classic PS2 Pro Evo engine behind it instead of the one they use now.

We're obviously not going to agree on that though.

I'm liking the idea of concentrating on Pro Evo this year. I hate being a FIFA wanker.

El Capitano Gatisto
September 13th, 2013, 6:14 AM
We maybe don't agree on which is better but to call it a terrible game last year is just nonsense. I played both as well, as I was contemplating buying FIFA just for the online antics, but FIFA was sluggish and didn't have any nuance to it at all. Pro Evo felt more like a game of football in the pace of the play and the players. The issue for it for me that stopped it being a really top class game, as I mentioned, was the through-balls, how easy they were to play and then the effect on the game online which became a through-ball-fest much of the time. The goalkeeper physics (a long-standing issue going back to the very beginning) were also a problem, in saying that, but far from a new one.

Gary J
September 13th, 2013, 7:15 AM
Downloaded both demos last night and genuinely don't know why FIFA gets so much love just seems to be the same crap every year (of course the full game could be vastly different and i'm being harsh on the demos)

Judging by the demos and the one I rented the other year (because Pro Evo was awful that year and you lot were raving about it being the greatest football game ever) theres not a been decent FIFA game since 98- The Road To The World Cup.

Simon
September 13th, 2013, 7:17 AM
The demos are crap every year, but the games are always great.

turdpower
September 13th, 2013, 11:24 AM
I bought last years Pro Evo about 3 months ago.

I actually really enjoyed it. However, it's much easier to twat in absolute stunners, which was fun to begin with.

wardy
September 13th, 2013, 6:55 PM
Downloaded both demos last night and genuinely don't know why FIFA gets so much love just seems to be the same crap every year (of course the full game could be vastly different and i'm being harsh on the demos)

Judging by the demos and the one I rented the other year (because Pro Evo was awful that year and you lot were raving about it being the greatest football game ever) theres not a been decent FIFA game since 98- The Road To The World Cup.
FIFA '98 is the most overrated football game ever. The amount of teams and doing transfers and all that was great but as soon as you started a match you realised it was utter gash - this was the same with just about every FIFA game until about 2008. ISS 64 and 98 were miles better and I'm sure the Playstation equivalents were the same.

El Capitano Gatisto
September 13th, 2013, 7:00 PM
FIFA 96 and 98 were ridiculously shit. I stuck with ISS anyway. The fake names made it even better.

turdpower
September 13th, 2013, 7:13 PM
But RTWC 98 had Blur in the opening credits!

Anyway, Adidas Power Soccer > *

Pablo Diablo
September 13th, 2013, 8:21 PM
Yes but will PES have these new celebrations?!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roTF3c8IbUE

Grimario
September 13th, 2013, 8:39 PM
Wonder if part of the FIFPro contract that everyone signs there is a bit of fine print that says "and you may have to dance and look like a fucking idiot in a FIFA game if someone chooses to do a ridiculous celebration".

wardy
September 13th, 2013, 10:47 PM
I only ever played Sensible Soccer until I played the first FIFA when I was about 6 or 7. Even at that age it felt like step backwards in terms of gameplay. But when they got real club names etc around '96, '97 I got jealous of my mates and really wanted a FIFA game but as soon as I got an N64 with ISS I stopped giving a fuck. Someone ended up getting me FIFA '98 for my birthday one year and I had to pretend I was chuffed playing as Larsson for Celtic when secretly i was wishing I was smashing one in with ALLEJO for Brazil.

turdpower
September 14th, 2013, 5:00 AM
Not many of his teams mates give a fuck despite Joe Hart scoring.

Gary J
September 15th, 2013, 9:22 AM
FIFA '98 is the most overrated football game ever. The amount of teams and doing transfers and all that was great but as soon as you started a match you realised it was utter gash - this was the same with just about every FIFA game until about 2008. ISS 64 and 98 were miles better and I'm sure the Playstation equivalents were the same.

It was probably shit to be fair but I remember enjoying it until I played Pro Evo for the first time (Ince and Ravanelli on the cover) since then I've just stuck to PES as it's always been the better game.

turdpower
September 15th, 2013, 10:54 AM
I remember getting Fifa every year because I didn't know any different until about 2004. Then Hobbit kept banging on about PES4 and so I bought it and it changed my life, until 2009 when it got shit again.

Grimario
September 15th, 2013, 6:46 PM

FIFA 98 RTWC is single handedly responsible for my love of football so I agree with Gary J, it is the greatest footballing game ever made.

Simon
September 15th, 2013, 6:55 PM
ISS 98 is pound for pound the best football game ever made IMO. Ronarid and Larcos up front for Brazil.

Grimario
September 15th, 2013, 7:03 PM
ISS 98 is pound for pound the best football game ever made IMO. Ronarid and Larcos up front for Brazil.

I only had a PC so easily piratable FIFA 98 is where it all began.

And now, 16 editions later, I am still rubbish.

son_of_foley
September 16th, 2013, 5:41 AM
As hard as they try EA can't make you any less Australian Grim

Grimario
September 16th, 2013, 6:39 PM
As hard as they try EA can't make you any less Australian Grim

But even that's not true. Ask Matthew, Torn, Mikey, Fanny, Alex, BBF, Lagom, Rune... I can't even put in a crunching tackle. And I'm not even a decent goalkeeper.

turdpower
September 17th, 2013, 2:51 AM
He's saying you're naturally shit because you're Australian, mate.

son_of_foley
September 18th, 2013, 4:21 AM
YEAH I WAS

Think I've decided on PES lads

Simon
September 19th, 2013, 4:55 AM
Some of the PES faces are hilarious.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BT9NgMKIQAAX12k.jpg:large
http://cdn1.backpagefootball.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/BUcndRPCIAAMUfj.png

son_of_foley
September 19th, 2013, 5:08 AM
Rafael is terrifying spotted that in the demo.

Not sure the face scans matter to me this year I dunno. Like the menus are shit, the commentary is shit and the face scans are shit but it feels quite fun to play

El Capitano Gatisto
September 19th, 2013, 5:20 PM
Pro E has never been the game for people worried about the gay added frills. Fake names and fake teams and mad faces are part of it all.

turdpower
September 20th, 2013, 2:14 AM
Pretty certain Michael Owen had a moustache on Fifa 98.

Simon
September 20th, 2013, 4:54 AM
Wayne Routledge was jet black on one instalment of the game. As in so black you could mistake him for very very very very very very very very dark blue.

Alf
September 20th, 2013, 4:57 AM
Sheringham being asian in the 98 version was incredible.

SheltonLondon
September 20th, 2013, 7:51 AM
If anyone is not getting Fifa this year, or doesn't play Ultimate Team but has access to the Web App, any chance of some free cards?

Simon
September 20th, 2013, 10:10 AM
http://s10.postimg.org/f8ryhlet5/1208604_10151637089806430_879352066_n.jpg

:lol:

turdpower
September 20th, 2013, 11:31 AM
I refuse to believe that is real.

REFUSE.

El Capitano Gatisto
September 22nd, 2013, 3:54 PM
Pro Evo 2014 is a great football game offline, but the online is totally fucked. For one, the vast majority of X-Box users can't get online because they ballsed up a day 1 patch. I used a work-around that's online but I wish I hadn't. When you get online, the game still has the same issues that has plagued it for years, only worse. This game blatantly isn't finished but has been rushed out ahead of FIFA. Just atrocious treatment of customers.

Also part of the problem is that I've been playing quick match so ending up playing Spanish and French twats with awful connections who pick Real Madrid and Barcelona constantly.

Beefy
September 22nd, 2013, 4:12 PM
That's irritating. Online is a big deal for me nowadays and it is one thing that FIFA undoubtedly does well.

El Capitano Gatisto
September 22nd, 2013, 4:15 PM
It is irritating, infuriating even. It's a superb football game but the online play, so far, breaks down once again to having fast strikers and knocking the ball over the top. Playing Real Madrid and Barcelona is a through-ball exploit-fest.

Although probably what I should do is go to advanced through-ball settings and then get matched to other players with that on, possibly may take that away.

It probably will get fixed up, it's just annoying buying a game and having to wait while they finish it. Seems to happen so often these days. Black Ops II never did get its online properly fixed, it's still a match-making hellhole. Manufacturers need to realise that keeping match-making local is best, playing dickheads from Europe with shite internet fucks it all up for the rest of us.

Nicky
September 22nd, 2013, 5:30 PM
Come on Nicky you cunt.

I'm probably not going to bother this year. I only play it about once every 2 months.

Sorry lads, only just done the yearly vanity search. I will be sure to check back next August.

El Capitano Gatisto
September 23rd, 2013, 1:11 PM
Pro Evo still haven't fixed their day 1 patch problem on X-Box. They've basically burnt away all my goodwill because I've paid for a game they couldn't be arsed finishing. If this was ten years ago and I was still playing games regularly with mates around or around at their places, this would be a fantastic game, but the online is a shitfest.

Gary J
September 24th, 2013, 7:39 AM
Been playing PES 2014 today fantastic game best Pro Evo game since the PS2 days. There's a bit of lag at times but apart from that I've no complaints (haven't gone online yet though)

El Capitano Gatisto
September 25th, 2013, 11:28 AM
I tried out the FIFA 14 demo just because the Pro Ev problems fucked me off so much, but it's just complete shit compared to Pro Ev. It's like an arcade game. It doesn't look or play as good as Pro Evo, the pace of the game is all wrong. If I hadn't got Pro Ev 2014 first, maybe I'd have been able to live with it, but Konami nailed their on pitch game this year, even moreso than other years, and it feels so much better to play. Obviously the problems I've complained about above are major, but I wouldn't trade it in for FIFA, I'll keep it and wait for online to be fixed.

Simon
September 25th, 2013, 11:34 AM
I still haven't decided whether or not to get FIFA 14. It's out on Friday and normally it would be a no-brainer, but fuck me the demo was SO bad I can't decide whether to risk it or not. Think I'll wait for the reviews.

Matthew
September 25th, 2013, 11:41 AM
not getting because i got all my jollies out on fifa 13 and might just skip over this year's product.

especially with gta and madden and stuff which i have been playing

Billy Jones
September 25th, 2013, 10:54 PM
I still haven't decided whether or not to get FIFA 14. It's out on Friday and normally it would be a no-brainer, but fuck me the demo was SO bad I can't decide whether to risk it or not. Think I'll wait for the reviews.

I hated the demo, but I got it anyway because I get it every year. Players' first touch really pissed me off the most about the demo, but it must've gotten fixed because it hasn't bothered me yet on the actual game.

Peter Griffin
September 26th, 2013, 5:15 AM
I tried out the FIFA 14 demo just because the Pro Ev problems fucked me off so much, but it's just complete shit compared to Pro Ev. It's like an arcade game. It doesn't look or play as good as Pro Evo, the pace of the game is all wrong. If I hadn't got Pro Ev 2014 first, maybe I'd have been able to live with it, but Konami nailed their on pitch game this year, even moreso than other years, and it feels so much better to play. Obviously the problems I've complained about above are major, but I wouldn't trade it in for FIFA, I'll keep it and wait for online to be fixed.

Go make a fucking pro evo thread then you fanboy bitch!

Simon
September 26th, 2013, 7:16 AM
Blimey.

El Capitano Gatisto
September 26th, 2013, 7:36 AM
Go make a fucking pro evo thread then you fanboy bitch!

sof started posting about Pro Ev in here you fat ugly cunt, so here's where the discussion lies.

Peter Griffin
September 26th, 2013, 7:45 AM
Blimey.

:D Im only pissing about lad.

Mikey_Jones
September 26th, 2013, 9:03 AM
I hated the demo, but I got it anyway because I get it every year. Players' first touch really pissed me off the most about the demo, but it must've gotten fixed because it hasn't bothered me yet on the actual game.

I know there's a big patch planned for when it comes out to fix the issues, such as finesse shots and crosses/corners being ridiculously overpowered

Billy Jones
September 26th, 2013, 1:12 PM
Let me know if/when this year's Rajah club team starts. Tired of playing drop-in games with selfish no-passing cunts.

The Rosk
September 26th, 2013, 1:37 PM
Rajah United is dead. I would love it to come back but we barely played this last game. 11 was its peak.

Nicky
September 26th, 2013, 6:26 PM
I know there's a big patch planned for when it comes out to fix the issues, such as finesse shots and crosses/corners being ridiculously overpowered

Aye, should be live soon. Demo build is older than disk build too which is why it feels different.

turdpower
September 27th, 2013, 2:00 AM
I bought it and I don't really know why.

You just do, don't you?

Lagom
September 27th, 2013, 3:20 AM
Same Turds, I drove 45 minutes to get it at midnight with my mate, played til ~4am, got up at 7 to be at work for 8.

Utterly ridiculous.

I was going to pick up Pro Evo too, but after Cappy mentioning the online problems, I've not bothered. I don't play offline enough to warrant spending that much money on it.

Billy Jones
September 27th, 2013, 10:19 AM
Lagom, turds (assuming you have a 360), British people: anyone up for playing online later today? Say 6 or 7 pm GMT?

turdpower
September 27th, 2013, 11:39 AM
PS3 sorry.

Billy Jones
September 27th, 2013, 11:51 AM
I'm devastated. :(

The Rosk
September 27th, 2013, 12:15 PM
360?

asghkadghlkjagwgwr

turdpower
September 27th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Yeah, I also didn't own a Betamax or a HD DVD player.

turdpower
October 10th, 2013, 5:33 PM
http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2013/10/07/FIFA14Ronaldoglitch.gif

Pro Evo....

Simon
October 10th, 2013, 5:45 PM
Ahahahaha

turdpower
October 14th, 2013, 4:19 PM
Just had a very odd piece of commentary. Alan Smith described my finish as being like something from a video game.

El Capitano Gatisto
October 20th, 2013, 12:00 PM

Pro Evo....

FIFA

http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2013/10/07/FIFA14goalkeeperenhancement.gif

tarantino
October 20th, 2013, 12:26 PM

Pro Evo....

FIFA

http://s3.amazonaws.com/br-cdn/temp_images/2013/10/07/FIFA14goalkeeperenhancement.gif

These are terrifying.

Simon
November 18th, 2013, 7:14 AM
Now that you lads have had the game for a while, is it any good? Cos the official reviews don't seem to tally AT ALL with user reviews. On Metacritic the official reviews have it as a high 8, whereas user reviews have it as a low 4. Which is probably worth a topic in itself, it seems to be completely accepted now that reviewers take backhanders to give positive reviews for shit games. Probably always happened but seems to be all-pervasive now.

The Rogerer
November 18th, 2013, 7:31 AM
Did you actually read any of the metacritic reviews? Someone gives it a 10, then someone gives it a 0 to counter the 10, then someone says "I've seen a zero so I'm giving a 10 to balance it out" and so it goes.

They usually amount to this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HTb4Jr7m0s

The Rogerer
November 18th, 2013, 7:39 AM
Which is probably worth a topic in itself, it seems to be completely accepted now that reviewers take backhanders to give positive reviews for shit games. Probably always happened but seems to be all-pervasive now.On that subject, not really. The few times it has happened were blatant and eventually well exposed, plus the majority of the big names will just refuse to get involved, and they'll get more web traffic for a negative review than a positive one which is their goal.

Rather than backhanders, publishers are trying to push traditional reviewers out of the picture. They're looking to the young youtube celebrities who release 5 videos a day of them playing something and going "BLAAHAWAWOAOAO" over it with 10 million subscribers. All they have to do is send them a free copy of the game and they'll go all starry eyed and keep the publisher happy to keep sending more free games.

Simon
November 18th, 2013, 7:40 AM
Why do you want me to be unhappy, The Rogerer? :(

turdpower
November 18th, 2013, 1:45 PM
Is that Marlon Dingle in that video?

turdpower
November 18th, 2013, 1:48 PM
Now that you lads have had the game for a while, is it any good? Cos the official reviews don't seem to tally AT ALL with user reviews. On Metacritic the official reviews have it as a high 8, whereas user reviews have it as a low 4. Which is probably worth a topic in itself, it seems to be completely accepted now that reviewers take backhanders to give positive reviews for shit games. Probably always happened but seems to be all-pervasive now.

It's pretty much the same as 13, but a bit better.

Goalkeepers seem to make a few more errors (or at least don't save everything) to keep things interesting and your own team mates make more intelligent runs. Pace isn't a thing on this one like it was last year, power seems to play just as bigger role.

Clive Plasma
November 25th, 2013, 5:20 AM
Amazon have an offer on the new Fifa this morning. £30 on both Xbox & PS3

Simon
November 25th, 2013, 5:26 AM
Oh good, well luckily I didn't pay £47 from HMV on a whim on Saturday morning.

Clive Plasma
November 25th, 2013, 7:58 AM
Savage. To rub more salt into the wound...

If you use this, you can get a further tenner off it...

https://www.bespokeoffers.co.uk/consumer/offers/10-amazon-co-uk-gift-certificate-for-5--5eb90

Bit late for me but for anyone else who wants to use it, it works...

Simon
November 25th, 2013, 8:06 AM
Fuck you Clive Plasma.

Bad Collin
November 25th, 2013, 8:29 AM
Played 14 on the Xbone on Friday. It seemed painfully slow at first but I got used to it. It was fun but it didn't make me want to rush and buy the new one.

Clive Plasma
November 25th, 2013, 9:12 AM
Fuck you Clive Plasma.

Take it back, get a refund and buy it again?

turdpower
January 23rd, 2014, 1:19 PM
FIFA

Pro Evo

http://d24w6bsrhbeh9d.cloudfront.net/photo/aBKV15Z_460sa.gif

El Capitano Gatisto
January 25th, 2014, 11:44 AM
I've gone over to the darkside and got FIFA now, as everyone else I know has switched over this time round so it made sense. I've been pretty addicted to FUT and playing seasons on it, I pretty much raced through the divisions until div 2, then went on a ridiculous losing streak where I literally couldn't do anything to win a game, ended up in div 4 and have been flitting between div 3/4 now for a while.

Pro Ev is most definitely the better football game, not even in question, but the FUT set-up is a billion times better than anything Pro E has. But in the gameplay in FIFA is so flawed, it's painful. Defensive clearances are a superb attacking move. For some unknown reason the developers have made forwards much more responsive to loose balls and high balls than defenders, so that it's actually really difficult to stay in position under a high ball. Pro E uses a stat to basically judge how reactive players are to loose balls, which means they have that certain level of fairness in defenders positioning themselves correctly in response to forwards who are programmed to make runs on to through-balls. In FIFA, hitting long balls is basically a percentages game because it's impossible to defend 100% of the time against this tactic. 1 or 2 will always get through per game, goalkeepers are also unreliable in coming out to sweep up through-balls.

This game has so many ways to dick you over, it's unreal. I rarely feel like a game is decided fairly, be it win or loss, in the higher divisions. It's noticable from one game to the next that players can be less responsive, slower, have worse control and make less runs (the difference in player off-the-ball movement is really noticable). A favourite of mine was watching my Angel di Maria be outpaced by Gay Cahill when running on to a through-ball, something I can't explain in any way, I feel once I open the other team up to create that opportunity, di Maria should be able to out-pace a fairly pedestrian centre-back but it always feels as if the game puts these little brakes on your team. It should be difficult to open a team up, but once you've done it, pace should come in to play. It's like the game decides sometimes beforehand who is going to win and everything you do from then on is utterly futile. I've lost count of the number of games where I've drawn or lost where my keeper has jumped over a shot, while the opposite keeper has been pulling Gordon Banks-esque saves out of his hole with aplomb. It's such a frustrating, anger inducing game. The biggest indicator that things are going against you is when you simply can't get the ball off the opponent, no matter how many times you tackle them or cut out passes, it always bounces back to their possession until they eventually score. I know this isn't my imagination because I've heard the similar cries of frustration when it happens to my mates on Xbox live.

This could be a really good game but these glaring flaws are just inexplicable. Long shots are enormously over-powered. Defending is a lottery. Corners are better goalscoring opportunities than penalties. Throw-ins are horrendous. But I keep coming back for more because getting coins and opening packs is a lot of fun. I keep getting absolute shite out of my packs but seeing other guys get the likes of Falcao, Zola, Reus etc and make mega bucks makes me think it could my turn soon.

Matthew
January 25th, 2014, 12:15 PM
gay cahill is magnificent you homophobe

Matthew
January 25th, 2014, 12:19 PM
xbox or ps3 cappy?

El Capitano Gatisto
January 25th, 2014, 12:38 PM
Sex box.

Matthew
January 25th, 2014, 12:46 PM
lets head 2 head sometime so i can see if you are a worthy player

El Capitano Gatisto
January 25th, 2014, 12:47 PM
Ok. X-Box name is Bobby Hogg.

Matthew
January 25th, 2014, 12:48 PM
Empieche. will send you a request later

Beefy
April 1st, 2014, 7:58 AM
Pro Evo 14 is on PS+ this month. I didn't bother with FIFA this year so I'll get a football game after all.

I've heard online is still terrible.

El Capitano Gatisto
April 1st, 2014, 9:35 AM
It's no worse than FIFA in terms of lag, maybe even slightly better. The overall game is better too online. The goalkeepers are/were shite though, very glitchy online unless they have been fixed. They fiddled with the manual player select as well which made the through balls harder to defend but they still aren't as bad as FIFA either as the defenders will go to the ball, whereas in FIFA they fuck you over by only forwards auto-seeking loose balls.

The Rosk
April 1st, 2014, 10:11 AM
Sounds like you are just shit at FIFA.

Beefy
April 1st, 2014, 11:30 AM
I never experienced any lag at all on FIFA 13. If it is on that level then I'll be happy.

turdpower
April 1st, 2014, 11:53 AM
I have no problems with lag on Fifa 14 at all.

El Capitano Gatisto
April 1st, 2014, 12:42 PM
I'm playing on X-Box, there's some serious lag at times on FIFA 14, I had very little lag on Pro Evo on the Xbox. Only the occasional game playing some Polish ball-bag.

turdpower
April 1st, 2014, 12:44 PM
I never play against a guy with shite ping. I try to avoid orange ping games too.

El Capitano Gatisto
April 1st, 2014, 12:54 PM
Me neither, but the ping lies sometimes. I always wait a few seconds to see if it bounces around a bit too.

Neither game is 100% the real deal. FIFA has big problems with its gameplay, Pro Evo has excellent gameplay but is let down by just shoddiness when it comes to the overall game, like the keepers being glitchy, like the manual player select having been fucked around (they may have been fixed since, I haven't played since November). FIFA feels slow when you come to play it from Pro Ev, but it relies more on raw pace (players like Kyle Walker, Loic Remy etc. are stupidly good just based on pace alone), whereas Pro Evo is much more about passing, finding space and strength and technique play a big part in the game, as defenders get tighter but forwards have more ability to shield the ball. FIFA has too many goal-scoring glitches in it too, such as back post crosses, lofted through-balls (played by seemingly anyone, not just good passing players) and 45th/90th minute corners, but the game modes are far, far better than anything in Pro Evo. If they could somehow be combined a perfect football game would be possible, but as it is both have big flaws that you just have to deal with. It'll be interesting to see what Pro Evo is like next year, as it's clear this year was rushed out and just incomplete at release.

RuneEdge
April 1st, 2014, 1:28 PM
It's no worse than FIFA in terms of lag, maybe even slightly better. The overall game is better too online. The goalkeepers are/were shite though, very glitchy online unless they have been fixed. They fiddled with the manual player select as well which made the through balls harder to defend but they still aren't as bad as FIFA either as the defenders will go to the ball, whereas in FIFA they fuck you over by only forwards auto-seeking loose balls.

That shit gets on my fuckin' tits. :mad:
More than half of the games online in FIFA are decided by gameplay flaws, exploits that the engine uses on purpose to cost you the match. The last time I played PES was '09, where this wasnt the case, so Im hoping its more of the same today.
What do people make of the online Master League mode? Any good?

Beefy
April 1st, 2014, 1:46 PM
I'm playing on X-Box, there's some serious lag at times on FIFA 14, I had very little lag on Pro Evo on the Xbox. Only the occasional game playing some Polish ball-bag.

Modern Pro Evo on an XBox? What kind of wanker are you?

The Rosk
April 1st, 2014, 1:53 PM
I really miss Rajah United so much.

Fanny
April 1st, 2014, 4:54 PM
I miss International Superstar Soccer

wardy
April 26th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Why does FIFA have so few international teams? It's a fucking joke. Is it just to make you buy the World Cup game?

Peter Griffin
April 26th, 2014, 12:11 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvKyd6o6IKhur1EdiUmnwGRj5aFwjpN 0Rop2YSbPcRg1LXQj86

I would rather play this than a rip off World Cup game.

RuneEdge
April 26th, 2014, 12:28 PM
Why does FIFA have so few international teams? It's a fucking joke. Is it just to make you buy the World Cup game?

Who's missing?

The Rosk
April 26th, 2014, 12:59 PM
If anyone fancies booting up Fifa 13 and having a clubs in the next two hours let me know. I miss it, Rajah United has gone so we would start with the easy games too. Weeeeee!

wardy
April 26th, 2014, 1:02 PM
Who's missing?
Off the top of my head Croatia, Serbia, Japan, Algeria... there are definitely more.

Alf
April 26th, 2014, 5:30 PM
https://encrypted-tbn3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTvKyd6o6IKhur1EdiUmnwGRj5aFwjpN 0Rop2YSbPcRg1LXQj86

I would rather play this than a rip off World Cup game.

Blimey. That brings back memories.

Simon
April 26th, 2014, 5:32 PM
Is that the original FIFA? I recognise the star around the player you're controlling...either FIFA International Soccer or FIFA '95 I think...the one where you could choose your own celebration, about twenty years before that became standard.

Peter Griffin
April 26th, 2014, 5:33 PM
Fifa International, Not sure about the celebration thing though, cant remember that :/

wardy
April 26th, 2014, 5:42 PM
I think FIFA 95 introduced the celebrations. Each of the buttons done something different and made a different crowd noise.

Peter Griffin
April 26th, 2014, 5:43 PM
I had every Fifa on Mega Drive up to 97 I think, happy days.

RuneEdge
April 26th, 2014, 5:55 PM
Off the top of my head Croatia, Serbia, Japan, Algeria... there are definitely more.

Wow, didnt even notice.

The Rick
April 26th, 2014, 6:18 PM
Pro Evo 14 will be on the North American PS+ next month. I'm going to have to give it a go. I think the UK people already got it for free.a month or so ago. I might have to look one of you up to kick my ass.

the drop for May in US
link (http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2014/04/24/may-2014-playstation-plus-free-games-in-north-america-include-stick-it-to-the-man-puppeteer/)

Stick it to the Man (PS4) – Not Cross Buy, available on May 6th
Pro Evolution Soccer 2014 (PS3)
Puppeteer (PS3)
Skullgirls Encore (PS3)
Surge Deluxe (PS Vita)
LIMBO (PS Vita)

turdpower
April 27th, 2014, 6:39 AM
Fifa 98 was the first game I fell in love with.

Mikey_Jones
April 27th, 2014, 7:19 AM
Road to World Cup? That was my first FIFA game as well, it was a classic.

wardy
April 27th, 2014, 8:54 AM
The Sensible Soccers and ISS's of the mid 90s were far better than RTWC. It must be the most overrated football game ever.

Simon
April 27th, 2014, 10:09 AM
ISS 98 is the best football game for it's time I reckon. Ronarid and R. Carls.

RuneEdge
April 27th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Wasnt it R. Larcos or something?

Butatista sticks in my mind as well.

The Rogerer
April 28th, 2014, 4:23 AM
If you send me a PM for the Playstation Lottery (https://forums.rajah.com/showthread.php?148224-Playstation-Lottery) you stand a 'chance' of 'winning' a copy of ISS '98...

Grimario
April 28th, 2014, 6:23 AM
Road to World Cup? That was my first FIFA game as well, it was a classic.

Mine too. That and the actual world cup is what made me fall in love with the game.

Simon
April 28th, 2014, 6:31 AM
That was the Song 2 one wasn't it, WOO HOOOOOOO

Peter Griffin
April 28th, 2014, 8:14 AM
Anyone got '14 for PS4 when I hit share it says it will only be seen by me on fb and to change my PSN settings if I want others to see, yet I know for a fact my sharing settings are public :/

The Rick
May 13th, 2014, 12:14 AM
I got a chance to play Pro Evo 2014 tonight. It's okay. The player models aren't anything special. The field doesn't look much more than a green square. The game has spots where it slows down during play, which is annoying. The controls were easy enough to learn, and the play seemed to be pretty fluid. I think I need to give it a couple more matches, but I'm glad it was free on the PS+. It wouldn't be worth my money.

turdpower
June 29th, 2014, 5:41 PM
I really wish Fifa had a mode where you could play online but it wasn't so competitive, basically the friendlies thing you can do with mates but with strangers when mates aren't around. I go through phases of playing Fifa and coming back after 2 months of not playing only to be in division 3 online was a bit tough.

I've found playing with lower ranked teams much easier online rather than the standard Real Madrid/PSG/Munich borefests. Scotland are providing much joy.

turdpower
July 13th, 2014, 3:48 PM
Scotland are 3 stars but I was constantly finding myself up against 4 starred teams and it just got too much.

I new team is Ivory Coast which I'm enjoying a lot. Games seem to be varied, but I do find I play Colombia quite a bit.

Finding it hard in division 3, been relegated about 3 times, but each time I find division 4 a fucking doddle, bit weird that.

wardy
July 13th, 2014, 3:54 PM
When I had FIFA I never went the top teams, it was so boring. I used to get good games as Celtuc v teams like Red Bull Salzburg and random South American club teams.

Simon
September 9th, 2014, 12:16 PM
The FIFA demo is out on X Box One today and PS4/PS3 tomorrow :yes:

RuneEdge
September 9th, 2014, 1:38 PM
I was lucky enough to get an invite to the closed beta of FIFA on X360. Thought it was absolute shite.

But just got done playing the demo on Xbox One, which I'm glad to say is quite fun. :yes:

turdpower
September 9th, 2014, 5:09 PM
Can someone with a PS4 tell me if it's worth getting one to basically play new Fifa and maybe just have a dabble at COD each christmas?

The Rogerer
September 9th, 2014, 5:20 PM
It sounds like you should wait a couple of years

RuneEdge
September 9th, 2014, 5:27 PM
In your case, I'd say its worth it. The gameplay is nicer, and the developers are clearly pushing next gen more like when they decided to scrap Pro Clubs on PS3 and X360.
My only issue with next gen consoles is that current selection of games aren't all that good. If you need like 3-4 games a year to satisfy you then I'd consider waiting a while. The last thing you want is to be paying close to £400 and then having it gather dust while you wait for more games to come out.
If all you need is FIFA and maybe one other game to keep you occupied, I'd get the PS4 since you'll put it good use.

In my case, I only really play FIFA all year around, with the odd FPS or whatever in between. So even if I'm only playing a couple of games, I'm still using the console nearly every day of the year.
Where as if you need like 5-6 games to entertain you, and seeing how there isnt much to choose from at the moment, you'll probably buy the 2 or 3 games you can currently buy, play them for a while, and then be waiting around for the newer games to come out in the future while the console doesnt get used.