PDA

View Full Version : WWE Main Event: Tuesdays @ 8/7C on WWE Network

pucochamp
October 3rd, 2012, 11:19 PM
The official thread for WWE's new show on cable, "WWE Main Event." This thread can be a place to discuss matches in the show moving forward.

G-Fresh
October 4th, 2012, 12:27 AM
I thought the shit was dope. I hope they keep this format.

StoneColdWWE316
October 4th, 2012, 12:47 AM
I like the format and I hope they keep doing it in the months to come.

Pipkin
October 4th, 2012, 1:00 AM
Honestly, I was disappointed when the Punk/Sheamus match started so soon. After the first few minutes, I was expecting another half hour of build before the match and I was really looking forward to it. I certainly understand not doing that, but I think I would prefer in-depth character studies of upper level talent to lower card matches to fill out the hour. Of course, the downside would be that I don't give a damn about Randy Orton or Big Show, so I probably would skip next week entirely if it was just them.

sam_elmendorf
October 4th, 2012, 4:19 PM
I think the show would have been a lot better if they just did a whole show build up on Punk and Sheamus and then the match itself. That's what I thought they were going to do, and then it's the first match. A main event match on a show called MAIN EVENT, and it's the first match!

OD50
October 4th, 2012, 5:13 PM
I thought the shit was dope. I hope they keep this format.

Agree. Thought it was great, loved the layout of the show. Pre and post match interviews was a nice touch.

G-Fresh
October 10th, 2012, 12:49 PM
Looks like another killer show for tonight.

SteveM
October 10th, 2012, 4:20 PM
Main Event is on Wednesdays, thread title says Thursdays.
Also, to add something of relevance, I like the layout of the show. Different and Unique. Now, will it still feel fresh in 2 months, who knows?

G-Fresh
October 10th, 2012, 9:02 PM
Another great show. I'd have no problem watching 2 hours of that.

StoneColdWWE316
October 10th, 2012, 10:45 PM
Main Event has been pretty good so far. Im liking the format.

G-Fresh
October 10th, 2012, 11:04 PM
They really got somethin with this shit. I just hope they don't fuck it up.

greebull
October 16th, 2012, 10:19 PM
Kofi Kingston is your NEW Intercontinental Champion, having pinned The Miz tonight in a match taped for tomorrow night's episode of 'Main Event.'

TimeSplitter
October 17th, 2012, 9:48 AM
It is said that it will be a great match, might have to tune in.

G-Fresh
October 17th, 2012, 10:29 AM
You should. Main Event has been dope so far.

StoneColdWWE316
October 17th, 2012, 2:16 PM
Ive really been enjoying Main Event so far too.

G-Fresh
October 17th, 2012, 8:46 PM
Miz vs Kofi was dope as fuck.

Cewsh
October 17th, 2012, 9:42 PM
What a fucking awesome show this is.

StoneColdWWE316
October 17th, 2012, 10:56 PM
Great Match between Miz & Kofi Kingston. Looking forward to Ryback vs Dolph Ziggler next week.

Zacharie
October 18th, 2012, 1:44 AM
I like the style of the show. I haven't seen the latest one yet, but I'm getting caught up on last week's show.

I wonder how well Raw would do under this format. Three big main events with each hour being devoted to hype. It would be less matches for sure, but the quality would improve. Plus they still have SD and Superstars to hold matches on.

S.H. Styles
October 18th, 2012, 1:58 AM
I like the style of the show. I haven't seen the latest one yet, but I'm getting caught up on last week's show.

I wonder how well Raw would do under this format. Three big main events with each hour being devoted to hype. It would be less matches for sure, but the quality would improve. Plus they still have SD and Superstars to hold matches on.

? That makes no sense. WWE Main event rarely progresses storylines. The entire first 40-50 minutes of the show is based upon the main event match. They go out of their way to make it seem like it's a boxing match or something. Which is great.

Putting raw on this format would be a disaster. Raw isnt about dream matches. It's about advancing storylines And the surprise factor. Why would they spend 1 hour hyping a match when they should be spending that time advancing a storyline that would create hype for that match on a pay per view?

Make raw 2 hours again and everything will be perfect.

TooCool
October 18th, 2012, 2:15 AM
I like the 20-30 minute match format for Main Event. I like the pre-match and post-match interviews.

The only thing I don't like is the video packages. I guess because we watch it on a weekly basis, we KNOW who these guys are. So having to watch two video packages, meh... I find myself tuning elsewhere for a bit. Anyone else like me or do you actually like the video packages?

As for the match itself, that move Kofi did to avoid the steel steps was pretty badass.

OD50
October 18th, 2012, 4:40 AM
Video packages have been tremendously overrused for the past couple of years. They used to mean something back in the day, now they are used ad absurdum.

Main event is great overall though, in many ways my kind of show. I wish JBL/Cole would be the regular hosts. :/

*Not fond of Ziggles jobbing to Ryback next week, but his likely insane BUMPS will make it worth watching though. :lol:

mth
October 18th, 2012, 9:59 AM
I'm definitely going to go out of my way to watch Ryback vs. Ziggler next week. Will likely be Ryback's best match to date.

Cewsh
October 18th, 2012, 10:54 AM
I like the 20-30 minute match format for Main Event. I like the pre-match and post-match interviews.

The only thing I don't like is the video packages. I guess because we watch it on a weekly basis, we KNOW who these guys are. So having to watch two video packages, meh... I find myself tuning elsewhere for a bit. Anyone else like me or do you actually like the video packages?

As for the match itself, that move Kofi did to avoid the steel steps was pretty badass.

I fucking love the video packages. Best thing about the show.

While we know who Kofi and Miz are, they need some building up to really be significant. The videos manage that in about 4 minutes flat, and that's pretty incredible.

OD50
October 18th, 2012, 10:54 AM
I'm definitely going to go out of my way to watch Ryback vs. Ziggler next week. Will likely be Ryback's best match to date.

For sure. Ziggler is pretty much the perfect opponent for Ryback me thinks, easy to lift up for power moves and he will definitely BUMP like it's a friggin' pinball game for Ryback.

DDT
October 18th, 2012, 4:13 PM
So would it be a stretch to call that the best match in either Miz' or Kofi's careers?

Salvy_Mic
October 18th, 2012, 4:16 PM
A bit. I'm still remembering Miz's awesome Falls Count Anywhere match last year against Morrison on that year's first RAW. I also remember some pretty great matches between Kofi and Ziggler.

MikeHunt
October 18th, 2012, 4:19 PM
Kofi vs Orton from raw a couple of years ago in msg was brilliant.

Cewsh
October 18th, 2012, 4:26 PM
So would it be a stretch to call that the best match in either Miz' or Kofi's careers?

It's certainly the most important match of Kofi's career to date, and did a lot to resurrect both of their careers.

Salvy_Mic
October 18th, 2012, 5:10 PM
Hopefully they can have just as good a match at the PPV. It seems like they have good chemistry with each other. I feel a ladder match coming on for TLC between them.

takerson
October 18th, 2012, 5:15 PM
I missed Main Event, but had to see what all the fuss was about! I was convinced it wouldn't live up to all this hype you all have given it, but I'll be damned. That was a fantastic PPV quality match! I loved how it built. Started slow, and worked it's way steadily to a red hot final few minutes. It was all great stuff. I loved it.

VHS
October 21st, 2012, 12:27 PM
Kofi Kingston's really started to interest me with his singles matches. I think because he's been in the tag team picture for so long it's become an awesome refreshment to see him on his own again. In my humble opinion, he's been stagnating in the midcard division long enough and he deserves to have a character upgrade. Instead of being just the "BOOM BOOM" guy as Miz put it, he's definitely one guy that can evolve into an awesome main eventer. Let's just hope his current IC run is more meaningful than his last.

And Miz.... he's just a trooper. Comes within a hair from getting a concussion on Monday, yet still wrestles 2 highly acceptable matches the same week. And I refer to them as highly acceptable, not because they weren't great, but because he had 6 stitches on his face while he did it. Trooper.

TooCool
October 25th, 2012, 2:19 AM
Didn't really like tonight's main event too much. The 2 matches were short and it felt like a RAW recap show.

Psycho666Soldier
November 25th, 2012, 3:58 PM
Has anyone still been watching this? Almost every week it's at least one really good match with some promo time and awesome hype videos. If you're not watching this every week you are sorely missing out.

Miz and Ziggler fought this week(build-up from the week before where they had a nice back and forth promo). Then, they came out before their match this week and put on an amazing live promo between each other, getting over Miz HUGE as a face and proving that Ziggler can handle the live mic when he's working with something where he has more freedom. These two have a chemistry that is unfathomable, which makes me think turning Miz face may have been an unexpected gold mine of fresh, entertaining match-ups.

The match itself was almost perfect. It starts strong and fierce, and the counter-chains and pace of this match are so on point -- These two are pretty much guaranteed to be the top stars of the new generation. The bumps, the selling, the crowd interaction, the general move choice is ALL spectacular, and if there was a faulty moment in the match, I hardly even remember it considering the rest was so good.

Winner details in Spoiler
It didn't really matter who got the win here. If Miz won, he continues to solidify himself as a face the crowd can get behind, but with the hot streak Miz has been on, giving Ziggler the victory would be the best option, so he goes on looking strong following his Survivor Series triumph(and his eventual defeat of Orton at Smackdown). The finish was strong, but the best part was Ziggler's post-match promo is one of the best moments he's ever had. I'm not sure how realistic the boos were since it's a pre-taped show, but the crowd seemed so genuinely excited that I'm sure the actual reaction wouldn't be much different. It was damn near deafening. The look on Ziggler's face had so much intensity and passion.

Fantastic stuff, really. I didn't expect much less, but I didn't think it would be THIS terrific. Awesome.

Grade: A-

VHS
November 25th, 2012, 5:43 PM
Yes, it's been my favorite WWE show next to NXT. And Miz's interaction with Ziggler is definitely something new and interesting since he's started his first ever face turn. Seeing guys like him in new light is neat.

Peter Griffin
November 25th, 2012, 6:13 PM
First time ive managed to catch main event since its started,and i must say,it was awesome. A ppv quality match between ziggler and miz,and a decent,albeit shorter match with wade and justin,shall be watching every week from now on :yes:

G-Fresh
December 13th, 2012, 2:30 AM
3MB get better every match.

Big_Dre
December 13th, 2012, 9:39 AM
This show is the shit. I definitely thought it'd be wednesday night heat with low card and divas, but I've been pleasantly surprised every week so far.

Badger
December 13th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Wonder if Sky will pick this show up?

G-Fresh
December 13th, 2012, 2:24 PM
I had to watch the fuckin replay cause of that fuckin benefit concert and I missed the fuckin Roger Waters set.

fuck

Psycho666Soldier
January 18th, 2013, 12:31 PM
I just got done watching Main Event this week.

Randy Orton vs. Cesaro was a blast. they got about 18-20 minutes to just go all out and do their thing. While there was never a full-on "European Uppercut War," they did trade quite a few throughout the match. I was upset the commentators didn't make any kind of point about this. Cesaro reminds me so much of a classic wrestler, and this match shows that a lot, but he keeps it fresh and works with Orton well to make a strong dynamic. The fact these two are roughly the same size and build makes them feel like destined opponents. Amazing drama. My biggest complaint is that it didn't get a proper finish, though the situation was taken advantage of in a couple of ways. Grade: B

Usos vs. PTP was also rather good. The Usos looked more motivated then they ever have been to perform, but the Players were no slouches either. It didn't light the world on fire, but it might have come close and gave off a few sparks, because this was fun to watch.

Pretty good episode all around, though there is hardly a bad one. I really want to see more Cesaro/Orton, but I don't want to see the match thrown away on TV anymore, so....I really hope they don't make a TV feud out of this like they tend to do with every great match-up.

takerson
January 18th, 2013, 1:26 PM
I just got done watching Main Event this week.

Randy Orton vs. Cesaro was a blast. they got about 18-20 minutes to just go all out and do their thing. While there was never a full-on "European Uppercut War," they did trade quite a few throughout the match. I was upset the commentators didn't make any kind of point about this. Cesaro reminds me so much of a classic wrestler, and this match shows that a lot, but he keeps it fresh and works with Orton well to make a strong dynamic. The fact these two are roughly the same size and build makes them feel like destined opponents. Amazing drama. My biggest complaint is that it didn't get a proper finish, though the situation was taken advantage of in a couple of ways. Grade: B

Usos vs. PTP was also rather good. The Usos looked more motivated then they ever have been to perform, but the Players were no slouches either. It didn't light the world on fire, but it might have come close and gave off a few sparks, because this was fun to watch.

Pretty good episode all around, though there is hardly a bad one. I really want to see more Cesaro/Orton, but I don't want to see the match thrown away on TV anymore, so....I really hope they don't make a TV feud out of this like they tend to do with every great match-up.

Agree with all of this. I'm ITCHING for a Cesaro/Orton PPV match now. And Maddox was amazing on commentary.

Hero!
January 23rd, 2013, 10:01 PM
Another great episode. This intercontinental tournament has me excited.

mth
January 23rd, 2013, 10:04 PM
They had Ryback vs. Cesaro this week, yeah? The spoilers I read didn't make it sound like I should bother but as a fan of both, I'm intrigued and would give it a look if I hear it's worthwhile from someone around here.

StoneColdWWE316
January 24th, 2013, 12:33 AM
Totally forgot about Main Event this week. The IC Cup Tourney sounds good.

McBain
January 24th, 2013, 1:44 AM
What's this about the IC Tournament?

Hero!
January 24th, 2013, 12:53 PM
They had Ryback vs. Cesaro this week, yeah? The spoilers I read didn't make it sound like I should bother but as a fan of both, I'm intrigued and would give it a look if I hear it's worthwhile from someone around here.

Pretty fun match, but the main event tag match was better.

six-man, 3-week, intercontinental "cup" to determine the #1 contender for the belt.

T.I (uh oh)
January 30th, 2013, 1:07 AM

six-man, 3-week, intercontinental "cup" to determine the #1 contender for the belt.

Video posted on WWE.com indicated that it would be 8 people: Miz, Kofi, Darren Young, Cesaro, Ziggler, Rhodes, Sandow & Orton

Jan 30th Main Event spoilers (no results given away, just being safe) Either they have forgotten about the tourney, or they've changed the competitors/brackets, because only Cesaro has a match this week, and it's against none of those guys

OD50
January 30th, 2013, 3:15 AM
You know, if Randy Orton get's to beat Cesaro 8 more times it would almost make up for that one time Cesaro got the W. :freak:

Same goes for Cena/Ziggles..

Hero!
January 30th, 2013, 9:08 PM
Another Ryback/Cesaro match? Oh wells, I've enjoyed all the others.

RyBack showing some character on MizTV and I like it.

Hero!
January 30th, 2013, 9:26 PM
HOLY FUCKING CESARO

That was amazing. I fucking love him. Please be US Champion forever.

Judas Iscariot
January 30th, 2013, 9:31 PM
What he do?

Hero!
January 30th, 2013, 9:37 PM
Well, during last week's match with Ryback, Cesaro ran away and lost by countout. Tonight, everytime he tried to run, Ryback would stop him. When he finally got a second, he non-chalantly strolled to the announce table, gave Miz a nice big kick in the mush, and fucking booked over the barricade, away from Ryback.

Got a beautiful cheap shot on his rival and kept Ryback away from a pinfall victory, all like nothing. Such a great heel.

Judas Iscariot
January 30th, 2013, 9:49 PM
Ahaha Cesaro is heroic and a true champion for the United States.

I can't wait until he inevitably hits the Neutralizer on Big Show. Monster of a man.

Kneeneighbor
January 30th, 2013, 9:58 PM
Video posted on WWE.com indicated that it would be 8 people: Miz, Kofi, Darren Young, Cesaro, Ziggler, Rhodes, Sandow & Orton

Jan 30th Main Event spoilers (no results given away, just being safe) Either they have forgotten about the tourney, or they've changed the competitors/brackets, because only Cesaro has a match this week, and it's against none of those guys

They pulled the plug on it and decided to go with Bo Dallas vs Barrett.

Hero!
January 30th, 2013, 10:00 PM
Tensai just gave Titus his best singles match ever. Gotta love Tensai's bark and shovel move. Seriously NEED him and Brodus as a team.

T.I (uh oh)
January 30th, 2013, 10:38 PM
They pulled the plug on it and decided to go with Bo Dallas vs Barrett.

Shows how appalling WWE's short-mid term booking is. Didn't they plug it on Raw?

I guess unless your name is John, or you're a part-timer, they don't think any further than 60minutes ahead.

G-Fresh
January 30th, 2013, 10:40 PM
Tensai has been pretty fuckin entertaining lately.

Bluegunn
February 3rd, 2013, 5:56 AM
Tensai just gave Titus his best singles match ever. Gotta love Tensai's bark and shovel move. Seriously NEED him and Brodus as a team.
Called that after Monday night. The Hip Hop Hippo has officially returned. Hope the giant swing comes back. At least until they both turn heel together.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q2yNZ7yLkY

Badger
February 3rd, 2013, 9:03 AM
Wish Sky would pick up this show already.

OD50
February 4th, 2013, 5:03 AM
Well, during last week's match with Ryback, Cesaro ran away and lost by countout. Tonight, everytime he tried to run, Ryback would stop him. When he finally got a second, he non-chalantly strolled to the announce table, gave Miz a nice big kick in the mush, and fucking booked over the barricade, away from Ryback.

Got a beautiful cheap shot on his rival and kept Ryback away from a pinfall victory, all like nothing. Such a great heel.

Love him. Dude is like Bob Backlund, Ludvig Borga, Chris Candido, William Regal and some other peeps rolled into one. That cheapshot boot to Miz was hilarious.

Hero!
February 4th, 2013, 12:53 PM
He's just a brilliant individual. i love the fact that he took European style wrestling and got it over, using it to get himself over. He's such a great in-ring character that you forget about his mic work.

G-Fresh
February 4th, 2013, 4:15 PM
Love him. Dude is like Bob Backlund, Ludvig Borga, Chris Candido, William Regal and some other peeps rolled into one. That cheapshot boot to Miz was hilarious.

Quit huffing paint thinner.

OD50
February 4th, 2013, 4:20 PM
Nah.

Badger
February 4th, 2013, 5:14 PM
He's a chickenshit badass.

OD50
February 4th, 2013, 5:18 PM
Technicalchickenshitbadasseuroeanstyleevilforeigne r..

Or something like that.

/Wtf is up with that r up there?

Vice
February 4th, 2013, 5:33 PM
50 characters is the maximum number you can have in a row before vBulletin forces a split. Since your line of text was 53 characters, the "r.." ended up getting separated. I'm not entirely sure why the forum does it, but it does.

G-Fresh
February 14th, 2013, 1:57 AM
ADR & Ziggler put on a mad decent match. I'd rather have it be 2 hours than Raw be 3.

Hero!
February 20th, 2013, 9:44 PM
You wanna talk about African?

IM AFRICAN!

Hero!
March 13th, 2013, 8:11 PM
MUHFUCKING MAIN EVENT TIME NIGGAZ

Hero!
March 13th, 2013, 8:15 PM
Big Show: back to heel for 15 minutes. Fucksake, even the crowd doesn't know how to react

Hero!
March 13th, 2013, 8:29 PM
Oh come on, 3MB can't even beat the Usos??

Hero!
March 20th, 2013, 8:47 PM
Usos/PTP seems to main event every week!

Psycho666Soldier
March 20th, 2013, 8:52 PM
Main Event became really weak, really fast. I'm hoping this changes after WrestleMania season. The match time has been abysmal. Except this main event.

Ringo
May 2nd, 2013, 7:41 AM
So the Kofi/Cesaro US title match got 23 minutes this week apparently - and was rocking. 13 for Gabriel/Slater too. That must be the longest midcard title match in a while.

Will be watch this episode along with tonight's NXT.

Andy
May 2nd, 2013, 7:55 AM
I don't think we get Main Event or Saturday Morning Slam in the UK, do we?

Peter Griffin
May 2nd, 2013, 7:59 AM
No, although there are some decent streams at a certain place, that I shall pm you.

StoneColdWWE316
May 2nd, 2013, 1:01 PM
Very good Match with Kofi & Cesaro. Gabriel/Slater was pretty good as well.

Ringo
May 9th, 2013, 2:02 AM
Cesaro and Orton got like 20 minutes this week. Decent of course but not nearly as good as I was hoping. It was just quite by the numbers unfortunately. I did like the nearfall for the uppercut right before Orton hit the RKO.

Regardless, Cesaro getting a competitive 20 minutes with one of the company's top 3 is good news. Really want to see him work an extended match with the likes of Bryan or Sheamus on this show.

G-Fresh
May 9th, 2013, 2:37 AM
Another dope episode of Main Event. I'd so much like for this to get an extra hour and Raw go back to 2 hours.

McBain
May 9th, 2013, 2:39 AM
How are the ratings doing?

Kimura Kid
May 9th, 2013, 9:16 AM
Yeah I watched it last night on Ion. I loved it. The past 2 weeks have been amazing. While watching I thought of an Idea for Show.

They should introduce the TV title. Have it strictly be defended on Main Event, Every Week in the Main Event. They seem to be using the show to showcase great wrestling matches. And the matches in the Main Event for the TV title would only elevate those matches. Just an idea.

Kimura Kid
May 15th, 2013, 8:45 PM
Barrett is on Main Event Vs Sin Cara...Why wasn't this advertised?

What a pleasant surprise!!

*Edit*

What the fuck is with the lights??

Cewsh
May 15th, 2013, 8:45 PM
Oh shit, I want to see that! Isn't this Sin Cara's return to the ring?

Kimura Kid
May 15th, 2013, 8:47 PM
It must be cuz I haven't seen him before...lol

Kimura Kid
May 15th, 2013, 8:50 PM
Rhodes Vs Gabriel is next.....Main Event has been quality!!

Rhodes Ring Gear is top notch!!

Kimura Kid
May 15th, 2013, 8:56 PM
Listening to Miz doing commentary is painful. He sounds like such a fucking brown nosing, do-good'er.

Then I realized kids prolly look up to him and enjoy his feel good attitude.

maxxmisery
May 16th, 2013, 12:12 AM
First time I've ever watched Main Event, and I must say I was impressed. Is it always this good? Really good wrestling based show without too much of the extra stuff tacked on. I dig it

G-Fresh
May 16th, 2013, 12:24 AM
For sure it's always on point.

VHS
May 16th, 2013, 12:48 AM
Listening to Miz doing commentary is painful. He sounds like such a fucking brown nosing, do-good'er.

Then I realized kids prolly look up to him and enjoy his feel good attitude.

Funny, that's how I feel about Brad Maddox on NXT. It's like the quality of talent decreases the closer they get to the main shows. :lol:

Peter Griffin
May 16th, 2013, 3:53 AM
Taken me a few months to figure out that this show is basically a update of Saturday night's main event, logo and all. I am so slow at times it is ridiculous :nono:

OD50
May 16th, 2013, 5:12 AM
First time I've ever watched Main Event, and I must say I was impressed. Is it always this good? Really good wrestling based show without too much of the extra stuff tacked on. I dig it

Yeah, pretty much always at least one solid match that get's good time, and another decent shorter one like say Rhodes/Gabriel or the Uso's/PTP. Disturbingly many Raw recaps as of late though, can't remember that being the case for the first couple of months.

Kimura Kid
May 16th, 2013, 9:22 AM
Main Event doesn't seem to get enough credit. It's a solid Wrestling show that tends to focus primarily on Wrestling. I actually look forward to Main Event. It's quick and has usually 2 solid matches. Last night was an exception.

We got 3 matches:

Kane Vs Rollins (Continuing to Build on Fued)
Sin Cara Vs Barrett (Return of Sin Cara)
Rhodes Vs Gabriel (Miz and Rhodes Build on their match at the Pre Show to Extreme Rules)

It all has substance, It has great matches & it's Jam Packed into an hour!

I love it!!

mr sabu
May 16th, 2013, 9:31 AM
Barrett is on Main Event Vs Sin Cara...Why wasn't this advertised?

What a pleasant surprise!!

*Edit*

What the fuck is with the lights??

his matches usually have dicky lighting

it gets annoying

Kimura Kid
May 16th, 2013, 9:32 AM
It took away from the match imo.....What a stupid idea. I've never seen such a thing.

Ringo
May 16th, 2013, 9:37 AM
Yeah it's awful. Maybe they'll end it the day the botches stop.

Main Event is the new 2009-2011 Superstars which was the new 2008-2009 ECW.

OD50
May 16th, 2013, 10:46 AM
After NXT, Main Event is my WWE show of choice. I honestly think that a wrestling show need not be longer than 60 minutes. You can get in 2-3 solid matches and a couple of interviews, which leaves you wanting to see more instead of feeling bored and drained like after a certain 3-hour show..

Ringo
May 16th, 2013, 11:11 AM
:yes:

I loved one-hour ECW. It was the best television show the WWE had put together since 2006 Smackdown. Possibly better. One-hour NXT is the same. And of course the old one-hour WCW shows, other territory TV spots etc. Unless you've got a large roster and loads of hot characters and angles, it's just the right amount.

Kimura Kid
May 22nd, 2013, 8:15 PM
Win or Lose Big E is looking like a million bucks in this match

*Edit*

Yep....

That was awesome. Del Rio unable to finish with his arm bar because Big E was too strong.

maxxmisery
May 22nd, 2013, 11:53 PM
Good show tonight imo

Like Kimura said, Big E looked great in that match, and Del Rio got his win back. Usos and 3MB put on a good match as well, with both teams looking solid. I laughed at the Ryback thing with Slater, but still a good match.

2nd week in a row watching Main Event, I'm loving it! Really good wrestling going on here without too much of the dumb stuff.

G-Fresh
May 23rd, 2013, 12:30 AM
Main Event is always good. I'm all about me some Usos.

Kimura Kid
May 23rd, 2013, 9:23 AM
Good show tonight imo

Like Kimura said, Big E looked great in that match, and Del Rio got his win back. Usos and 3MB put on a good match as well, with both teams looking solid. I laughed at the Ryback thing with Slater, but still a good match.

2nd week in a row watching Main Event, I'm loving it! Really good wrestling going on here without too much of the dumb stuff.

It's crazy but I get super excited for main event!! I'm with ya man it's a great show! And Slater hiding behind the barricade was hilarious!!

Main Event is always good. I'm all about me some Usos.

Uso's have been impressing me a lot the past 2 weeks on main event.

OD50
May 24th, 2013, 4:21 AM
Seems that the Uso's are finally starting to connect somewhat with the fans. Good for them, they're a pretty decent tag-team.

G-Fresh
May 24th, 2013, 1:13 PM
Not only are they getting better with every match, but they should be respected based on the family they're part of.

maxxmisery
May 29th, 2013, 9:59 PM
Good match with Barrett/Sheamus. Both guys looked good in this matchup. Cesaro/Gabriel was kinda meh, Cesaro is being wasted right now.

And damn just ONE TIME I want to see 3MB win a match! This would have been perfect for them to win

G-Fresh
May 29th, 2013, 10:07 PM
Barrett & Sheamus beat the fuck out of each other. Shit was dope.

StoneColdWWE316
May 29th, 2013, 10:15 PM
Great Match with Sheamus & Wade Barrett. Those two have great chemistry.

V-Line
May 30th, 2013, 7:08 AM
Cesaro looked to change things up again on Main Event, new look without the thigh-wraps, some weird lunges during his entrance and new Titantron/Graphics that had the Red, Black and Yellow German theme throughout (strange as he is Swiss). Also actually turned his headlock from a rest hold into something decent. Really am a big fan so I hope he can find something the office likes.

Will need to go back and watch Sheamus/Wade, sounds good.

Kimura Kid
May 30th, 2013, 11:17 AM
It's funny but I never saw Barrett as a main eventer until I watched his match with Sheamus. He's a legit big guy and comes across as a tough guy. It took me some time to come around but Guys like Barrett and Del Rio have recently caught my eye and impressed me.

Ringo
May 30th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Cesaro looked to change things up again on Main Event, new look without the thigh-wraps, some weird lunges during his entrance and new Titantron/Graphics that had the Red, Black and Yellow German theme throughout (strange as he is Swiss). Also actually turned his headlock from a rest hold into something decent. Really am a big fan so I hope he can find something the office likes.

Just saw it. FUCK SAKE.

No bad ass hat, shades, top and thigh-wraps. Basic blue trunks and no entrance gear. I loved the red/white aesthetic. Now he's got the German flag...

It's over. :(

G-Fresh
May 30th, 2013, 1:50 PM
He was less annoying than normal so quitcha bitchin.

OD50
May 30th, 2013, 2:26 PM
Sheamus and Barrett shouldn't be battering each other on ION, that shit deserves to be a PPV main event. Those two always put on an awesome show together.

And I wonder if Cesaro could possibly have found a tinier Swiss flag to put on his trunks.. Was that a postage stamp? :lol:

maxxmisery
June 5th, 2013, 11:27 PM
What a strange episode this week, seems like it was backwards with the match order....

Sheamus/Cesaro was good, I dug it. I can't believe Rhodes laid down for the Uso's, he's lost so much momentum since Rhodes Scholars started up. Gabriel/Hawkins in the main event? Weird, should have been the opening match imo.

Just a strange aura to the whole thing

Ringo
June 6th, 2013, 1:22 AM
That's how Main Event works every week. First match is the biggest. It's a throwback to SNME etc. I dig the format.

mr sabu
June 6th, 2013, 5:17 AM
they'll keep Cesaro around.. didn't they make him the swedish face for make a wish.

i dig what he's doing with generico so keep him doing that

Peter Griffin
June 6th, 2013, 8:53 AM
Swedish?

McBain
June 6th, 2013, 10:44 AM
That's how Main Event works every week. First match is the biggest. It's a throwback to SNME etc. I dig the format.

I'm guessing maxx has never watched before - it's clearly how they do it.

Ringo
June 6th, 2013, 10:45 AM
He's been watching a few weeks according to his posts in this thread, but yeah, wasn't having a go!

maxxmisery
June 6th, 2013, 11:45 AM
I'm guessing maxx has never watched before - it's clearly how they do it.

Yeah looking back on the past few weeks, I guess I just never noticed somehow. Went right over my head tbh.

I guess I'm brainwashed nowadays with the Raw mentality as far as flow goes with the product.

G-Fresh
June 12th, 2013, 9:01 PM
Another dope show. The Usos going over Brodus & Tensai was cool. They will be Tag champs before next year.

Kimura Kid
June 12th, 2013, 9:06 PM
Yeah they looked really good again. Solid show again. Hate seeing Rhodes utilized this way tho.

Kimura Kid
June 22nd, 2013, 10:44 AM
What a great match between the Shield and Uso's & Gabriel!! The finish was great, Gabriel sold the Headlock Driver perfectly.

The chemistry Miz and Rhodes shared on commentary was awesome. Thought it worked very well. Although I would rather see Rhodes utilized properly in the ring.

I loved when the miz and Matthews were talking about the Uso's "Recent momentum" and Rhodes said "So they paint their faces and their different now?"

Hahaha!!

Cesaro vs Cara was another quality match. Enjoyed that match more than the Main Event actually.

OD50
June 22nd, 2013, 11:42 AM
Rhodes wrestled Sheamus an hour or so later on Smackdown though.

Really enjoyed Sin Cara/Antonio Cesaro as well, probably my favorite SC match yet. Not usually excited about his matches but this was a good un'. Antonio's the man and I like him with uncle Zeb. :yes:

G-Fresh
June 26th, 2013, 8:29 PM
Zeb is a monster on the mic. He kills it every time.

WE THE PEOPLE!

maxxmisery
June 26th, 2013, 9:15 PM
Enjoyed this weeks episode. Rhodes/Jericho was solid as hell, Ambrose/Christian had potential to be good before the usual shenanigans. Tag team bout was kinda weird with the singing business, and sloppy at the end but a good match.

And yes, Colter is money on the mic.

Kimura Kid
June 27th, 2013, 3:36 PM
I thought Christain Vs Ambrose was the Main Event?

Kimura Kid
June 27th, 2013, 4:10 PM
Rhodes Moonsault is my new Favorite move......

Great Match betweemn Y2J & Rhodes.

Loved Colter and Cesaro's Promo. Cesaro is a much better fit than Swagger and is much more talented in every aspect.

maxxmisery
July 3rd, 2013, 9:44 PM
Rhodes on commentary is great, I love that man.

Main Event was good again, even Curt Hawkins managed to entertain me though his match was brief. Sandow and Christian was damn good

Ringo
July 10th, 2013, 3:30 AM
Ziggler/Cesaro?! :drool:

Hero!
July 10th, 2013, 8:16 PM
Is it me or does Miz sound depressed on commentary? He does not want to hype this all-star match (the one he won 2 years ago) while he's stuck wrestling for the IC title.

Kimura Kid
July 18th, 2013, 8:54 AM
Not sure if anyone watched last night but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd5ydOuy7XU

Mortalis
July 18th, 2013, 9:18 AM
Not sure if anyone watched last night but:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bc_EU6gwMyE

They cut out the best part...

Kimura Kid
July 18th, 2013, 9:24 AM
http://www.dailymotion.com/user/WrestlingVidsUploaderHQv2/1#video=x121aow

Couldn't even find it on youtube man.

But it's at 36:30 into this video.

Mortalis
July 18th, 2013, 9:40 AM
Didn't mean for you to go through the effort, but I thank you for it. :yes:

The Wyatt theme is so weird for a wrestling theme, but so perfect for the character.

Hero!
July 31st, 2013, 8:39 PM
Josh: They're easy to tell apart: Jey has a tattoo on his chest
JBL: Then why are you having so much trouble telling them apart, Josh?
Josh: Because, sometimes, it's hard to see the guy's chest, JOHN!

ahsldjkfhjk. i love these two in the booth.

greebull
August 7th, 2013, 11:44 AM
WWE Main Event SPOILERS for August 7, 2013 (SOURCE = WrestlingInc.com)

* The Shield beat Mark Henry and The Usos in just under 15 minutes. Mark Henry got a big pop and cleaned house but lost.

* Natalya beat Aksana by submission. This was described as a very bad Divas match. Our correspondent noted that Aksana made Natalya look bad.

* Curtis Axel beat Sin Cara in another long match.

Spoiler-Free Match Listing:

-Mark Henry / The Usos vs. (TAG / US CHAMPS) The Shield
-(IC CHAMP) Curtis Axel vs. Sin Cara
-Aksana vs. Natalya

Badger
August 7th, 2013, 4:55 PM
Wonder if Sky will ever get their arse in gear and get this already.

Hero!
August 7th, 2013, 8:26 PM
DAMN fine Shield promo tonight.

"WE are the measuring stick. WE set the standards. Catch up."

yesssss

G-Fresh
October 13th, 2013, 2:43 PM
It was super cool that 3MB beat Tons of Funk. I can't remember the last time before this that they won a match.

G-Fresh
January 15th, 2014, 10:12 PM
Ryback walking around the ring repeatedly tonight was great. Dude gets more entertaining by the day.

Hero!
March 11th, 2014, 8:18 PM
Oh fuck, anyone think we're seeing some title changes tonight?

truffle_shuffle
March 11th, 2014, 8:19 PM
Doubt Diva's title will change but we will see.

US title...maybe.

These announcers are very boring. So monotone.

The_Mike
March 11th, 2014, 10:15 PM
Decent show this week. Natalya vs. AJ was pretty solid, though I find AJ to be so tiny her offense can be kind of unconvincing. It just doesn't seem like she could slam Natalya down with a clothesline, though it's not as if her arsenal is chock full of power moves.

Ringo
March 25th, 2014, 8:21 PM
ZIGGLER.

Tainted Eclipse
March 25th, 2014, 8:24 PM
awesome match. cool show lay out with the rematch happening as the main event. this is definitely an episode to try and see if anyone isnt watching.

Ringo
March 25th, 2014, 8:26 PM
Yeah triple threat was lots of fun - better than the four-way from last night. And good to see Ziggler and Big E reference their history with one another.

McBain
March 25th, 2014, 8:33 PM
So what did they go with- Ziggler, E and who else?

Tainted Eclipse
March 25th, 2014, 8:35 PM
So what did they go with- Ziggler, E and who else?

Ziggler vs. ADR vs. Sheamus, winner gets a shot at Big E later in the night.

Peter Griffin
March 25th, 2014, 8:37 PM
Was there any story line explanation as regards Christian?

Ringo
March 25th, 2014, 8:38 PM
Yay! Los Matadores and Real Americans added to the tag title match at Mania. Happy with that. Should be fun.

Ringo
March 25th, 2014, 8:38 PM
Was there any story line explanation as regards Christian?

Slight concussion. Assume it's legit.

Peter Griffin
March 25th, 2014, 8:40 PM
Jesus the guy cant catch a break.

mth
March 25th, 2014, 8:41 PM
Yay! Los Matadores and Real Americans added to the tag title match at Mania. Happy with that. Should be fun.
I'm glad that it's more than just Rybaxel but effin' heck it just makes me wonder why Cody and Goldie aren't in there over a couple of the other teams. Guess they could still get added...if not, Goldust better win the Andre Battle Royal. :p

Fanny Batter
March 25th, 2014, 8:42 PM
This Cena/Wyatt video is excellent again. Really looking forward to this match, feels bigger than the last couple WWE title matches Cena's been in.

Triple threat was class. Midcarders have been ON lately, shame there's not a lot to work with story wise.

Strange Los Matadors are in the tag match and not the Rhodes boys. Is that every full time roster member booked now then? NXT match for the pre show?

McBain
March 25th, 2014, 8:43 PM
Nice to see some of the bigger guys gunning for the IC belt now, like some have been arguing for for a while.

PurePlayer
March 25th, 2014, 8:44 PM
Is there any chance Ziggler wins this? Man he is so over and maybe he can actually do something with the title. Its amazing how over he is considering his booking.

PurePlayer
March 25th, 2014, 8:46 PM
Nice to see some of the bigger guys gunning for the IC belt now, like some have been arguing for for a while.

I have been watching some of the older ppvs and I miss the days where the IC champ was basically second in line. I would really like them to go back to that. It shouldn't seem like a step down if someone like a Sheamus or Reigns win it.

Ringo
This Cena/Wyatt video is excellent again. Really looking forward to this match, feels bigger than the last couple WWE title matches Cena's been in.

Triple threat was class. Midcarders have been ON lately, shame there's not a lot to work with story wise.

Strange Los Matadors are in the tag match and not the Rhodes boys. Is that every full time roster member booked now then? NXT match for the pre show?

Los Matadores have beaten Rybaxel a couple of times now so does kind of make sense. You'd think the tag title match ends up on the pre-show.

Four spots left in the battle royal. Missing are Barrett, Rusev and a bunch of guys who are never on TV like Camacho and Otunga.

McBain
So did Ziggler pin ADR?

Ringo
March 25th, 2014, 8:47 PM
Yah.

Fanny Batter
March 25th, 2014, 8:52 PM
Yeah makes sense to have the tag title on the pre-show, considering this year it is essentially an extension of the PPV I have no problem with that. I'd like those 4 big matches get time without having to rush everybody else, though I don't mind a few short undercard matches.

Ringo
March 25th, 2014, 8:57 PM
Well that made the IC title look great. Not so hard, is it? Liking this new focus on titles for Main Event. In the last few weeks the Divas, US and IC titles have been given the time and attention to make them worth something. You wouldn't know it if you missed Main Event of course.

Keep it up :yes:

Hero!
March 25th, 2014, 9:10 PM
Damn it, now I'm sad I missed this. Will have to check it out later. Seems like switching to live TV is doing some serious good for Main Event. I love that the lower belts are being features as the top belts here.

The_Mike
March 25th, 2014, 10:23 PM
I like it too. Also something I've noticed on ME and NXT is they keep mentioning how long people have held titles. I don't recall that stat being bandied about much at all back in the day, except when Punk was breaking records. I like that little touch, it makes the belts feel like they mean something and a champion has really earned some degree of prestige and respect by holding onto a title for a long period.

McBain
March 25th, 2014, 11:20 PM
Yeah it's cool.

Is Main Event only in the network now then or what?

The_Mike
March 25th, 2014, 11:24 PM
Still on Ion for another few weeks I believe.

Eddie Brock
March 25th, 2014, 11:30 PM
Ziggler should get another run with the Intercontinental Championship. The casual fans have already been conditioned to think Ziggler is important, so the title might look a little better by him holding it.

McBain
March 25th, 2014, 11:33 PM
I'm feeling a lot better about Ziggler's future right now. He's been booked excellently in recent weeks.

The Rick
March 25th, 2014, 11:45 PM
I'm feeling a lot better about Ziggler's future right now. He's been booked excellently in recent weeks.

Well to be fair, they finally have time to get him in. Before they were setting up their power angles for Wrestlemania. Same reason that Sandow didn't see any time on RAW outside of the "Occupy RAW" segment. But I have thoroughly enjoyed Ziggler since the cash in last year. He reminds me so much of Mr. Perfect. His slight to extreme over selling, to swagger coming to the ring. He keeps on getting better, and I'm a happy fan when his music hits.

Eddie Brock
March 27th, 2014, 9:40 PM
Main Event was good this week besides the divas. Good old school show. Ziggler has gotten better.

OD50
April 8th, 2014, 6:39 AM
Wyatt's/Shield III happening this week on ME deserves some love I think.

Tainted Eclipse
April 8th, 2014, 8:28 PM
Jesus, that was up there with their first two matches. These guys are too much.

rom7878
April 8th, 2014, 8:33 PM
ambrose looked hurt for real, couldnt talk for a few mins. Cant wait to see the sheild vs the authority. Reminds me back in the day, with Dx vs corp

Ringo
April 9th, 2014, 10:03 AM
That post-match Shield promo deserves a mention. Ambrose (hopefully) selling his ribs like death and struggling to speak. Then comes Roman Reigns who flirts with Renee before commanding the crowd to chant his name and they oblige. Felt like maybe the first time we've seen this side to him: less intense, exhibiting a more natural laid back charisma. Definitely got some Rocky vibes. Star written all over him.

Incidentally I wonder if The Rock wants to put him over. He's tweeted about him a few times and considers him a family member.

Beer-Belly
April 10th, 2014, 10:43 AM
That post-match Shield promo deserves a mention. Ambrose (hopefully) selling his ribs like death and struggling to speak. Then comes Roman Reigns who flirts with Renee before commanding the crowd to chant his name and they oblige. Felt like maybe the first time we've seen this side to him: less intense, exhibiting a more natural laid back charisma. Definitely got some Rocky vibes. Star written all over him.

Incidentally I wonder if The Rock wants to put him over. He's tweeted about him a few times and considers him a family member.
I think Roman is going to be huge with every demographic. Men and children like him because he's a big badass brute, and women are sure to swoon over him because he's one handsome charming mother fucker.

OD50
April 10th, 2014, 11:01 AM
I wonder if we'll eventually see some backlash towards RR. There's usually some backlash when people feel someone is being pushed too hard and is ''shoved down their throats". The thing is that his push has been so masterful that I don't even think people realize just how fucking hard he's been pushed for the past 18 or so months, almost up there with Goldberg and Brock, yet more "subtle''. How many times has the dude been pinned since The Shields debut? Once I know of (3-on-500 handicap tag), maybe twice, not sure. But you never know, when someone is badass enough (The Warrior in 1987-88, Lesnar in 2002, Goldberg in 1997-98) people will accept them no matter how hard they're pushed.

Note that I'm personally not feeling he's over-pushed. On the contrary I feel it's the best job WWE has done in years and years. I mean how can you not like him? Dude is like a hybrid of The Rock, Batista and Goldberg and seems to be cool as hell in real life. Oh, and he's so alpha it's almost ridiculous. :lol:

He's really improving rapidly in the ring too.

Beer-Belly
April 10th, 2014, 11:09 AM
It really depends on who they put him over leading to him being the top guy. The vocal crowds might resent him if he goes over Bryan, but everyone else seems like they'll be fair game.

OD50
April 10th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Good point. With Punk gone I can't really see anyone but DB causing any problems. Who wouldn't want to see Reigns smash Batista, Orton or trips?

I definitely feel he will have a singles feud with HHH some time after SummerSlam, with Trips putting him over like a mother fucker. Reign's feels like a pet project of HHH for sure to me (not in a bad way). The way Reigns has been the one to stand up to Hunter from the start and the way trips has reacted when he has done so is definitely telling, trips doesn't act intimidated for just anyone. Oh, and Reigns almost spearing him out of his shoes on Monday Night. :yes:

I remember when DB stood up to trips in some segment and he (Hunter) had this smirk on his face, like "Really?". When Reigns did the same, HHH was more like "Oh, shit.. Not good".

Ringo
April 10th, 2014, 11:20 AM
It does look like they're planting the seeds for a Reigns/Trips singles match in the near future given what he said on Main Event.

I think he's been pinned a handful of times now. Including Shield/Wyatts I. But yeah, not much. Equalled the record for most eliminations at Survivor Series and beat Kane's Rumble record before he's even gone solo.

Echo what you both said though. Just when you start to think he might be missing something he proves us wrong.

No need to rush it obviously. The Shield have more to offer and I'm not sure he's good enough to hold his own in main event singles matches yet (not that we've seen much evidence to prove that) and they obviously need to not, you know, take away everything people liked about him when he does get pushed on his own.

Andy
April 10th, 2014, 12:16 PM
I want to see a Reigns/Harper match.

We talked about this a while ago, I don't think we came up with him eating any pins apart from the handicap match and Shield/Wyatts I?

OD50
April 10th, 2014, 1:39 PM
Sounds about right, twice in 18 or so months isn't too shabby. Also, remember who was the lone member of the Shield that managed to beat Punk..

Hero!
April 24th, 2014, 3:50 PM
Swoggle/Torito II was legendary.

mth
April 24th, 2014, 5:08 PM
Will have to give it a look. :yes:

Ringo
April 24th, 2014, 5:11 PM
Sheamus/Titus worth your time too and only 6 minutes or something. Ryback/One of the Usos also looked pretty damn good but I wasn't paying much attention.

Sick kick on the outside:

http://i.imgur.com/UUMyUoa.gif

Tainted Eclipse
April 29th, 2014, 8:56 PM
great show tonight, better than RAW. every match was good and goldust got mic time.

Hero!
May 6th, 2014, 9:28 PM
That disaster kick fake out was awesome. I really thought Cody was turning.

Beer-Belly
May 6th, 2014, 9:39 PM
Zeb Colter is the shit.

Dolph Ziggler continues to rule. I see no reason not to push him.

The Rick
May 6th, 2014, 10:33 PM
great show tonight, better than RAW. every match was good and goldust got mic time.

:yes:

McBain
May 6th, 2014, 10:35 PM
Zeb Colter is the shit.

Dolph Ziggler continues to rule. I see no reason not to push him.

Feud with Sheamus over US gold? :drool:

Beer-Belly
May 6th, 2014, 10:44 PM
That would be excellent. Bring up Sheamus' friendship with Triple H and Dolph being on the outs with management and you have a stellar feud.

JT4104
May 7th, 2014, 5:51 PM
I missed tonights show....how was Rose's reaction compared to Raw? A little louder or worse?

Ringo
May 13th, 2014, 8:26 PM
oh my god Alicia Fox

Tainted Eclipse
May 13th, 2014, 8:27 PM
alicia fox is the best thing in wwe right now, that was incredible.

Psycho666Soldier
May 13th, 2014, 9:03 PM
Some of the things she says during her tantrums comes off a bit corny, but that's just trying to find a fault with it. She's great on the mic, good to great in the ring, and has been one of the most consistent performers in WWE. She's deserved this for years.

I hope it leads a title run at some point. Kind of a messy situation to have her take it from Paige any time soon, but build her up against Emma and maybe some other important diva, then have her snatch it from Paige at Night of Champions. Something to that magnitude would be boss.

EDIT: Also, really good match between Cesaro and Sheamus as expected. Best double count-out finish in a while. Considering if it deserves a nomination in the Match thread.

Main Event has been solid week by week now, with actual character development. Please let this continue to be the trend.

Tainted Eclipse
May 13th, 2014, 9:13 PM
I really really really hope this spells a Cesaro/Sheamus match at Payback.

JT4104
May 13th, 2014, 10:22 PM
This is what pisses me off about WWE and their handling of Sheamus....for a guy his size he is damn good in the ring but they have stuck with the stale face routine for way to long with him. Guy could/should be a great lead heel in the company right now.

OD50
May 15th, 2014, 9:55 AM
Been saying for a long time that Alicia Fox is the best overall DivaŽ in WWE, seems they are finally doing something with her. The "Give me your money'' thing was really, really weird though, shouldn't that be attempted robbery or something? :lol:

I've always wanted AF to be the first female to get the JBL/ADR entrance, limo and all. Why not a big, bad bodyguard to go with it?

Sheamus/Cesaro was cool.

Hero!
May 15th, 2014, 11:55 AM
Baby girl Fox is awesome. Just awesome. So happy she's FINALLY getting a chance. She MAULED Emma here and it was awesome.

Can one of the mods change the thread title to reflect that this is live on Tuesdays on the WWE Network and maybe sticky the thread for a bit?

Ringo
May 15th, 2014, 12:11 PM
Holy shit.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/f84ca914a2f2fad3ace1966bf6825e7c/tumblr_n5iwu09d3Z1skeohxo1_250.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/3b250bd34b589e891457830be770910c/tumblr_n5iwu09d3Z1skeohxo6_250.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/0db37d61cf6c0e4ed59fc4c428ebc15e/tumblr_n5jpuftaRq1rxzb6jo2_250.gif

http://37.media.tumblr.com/d9be23608a3f622d026f33ff3a212243/tumblr_n5jg8funUa1srbyoyo1_400.gif

http://37.media.tumblr.com/8bd79b09e7db7942a8d1cd399cc69fac/tumblr_n5jpuftaRq1rxzb6jo5_250.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/4e1b8ff3e53e75c8518805ee87ebac88/tumblr_n5jpuftaRq1rxzb6jo7_250.gif

http://37.media.tumblr.com/6604a3bbe14c0edd1fde89bfbc31ffb3/tumblr_n5jpuftaRq1rxzb6jo8_250.gif

OD50
May 15th, 2014, 12:32 PM
I think I'd take a script in the mouth just to get that kiss.. That's one Fox(y) lady. Nice to see that a Diva is allowed to show that much 'personality'/character.

Tainted Eclipse
May 20th, 2014, 8:51 PM
well that was disappointing

Donald
July 1st, 2014, 8:17 PM
Watching Main Event. Loved RVD's dig at Ryback.

Fanny Batter
July 1st, 2014, 8:26 PM
Harper and Rowan are class. Once they've weeded out the stale acts, Axel, Truth, Santino etc., the roster will be full of quality. Replace those boys, Woods, RVD, Ryder and Titus with Zayn, KENTA, Devitt, Neville, Breeze and the Vaudevelians and you've got yourselves a roster.

Psycho666Soldier
July 2nd, 2014, 2:00 AM
Personally, I'd rather keep Titus. Sure, he pales in comparison to the list of developmental guys you gave, but he's got some natural talent. If nothing else, he'd make a good go-to jobber.

VHS
July 2nd, 2014, 2:04 AM
I'm with you there, Psycho. Titus is natural on the mic and has proven he can control segments like no other, even when John Cena is involved.

Donald
July 2nd, 2014, 7:55 AM
I never understood why anyone who was just in a World Title match would be content with going for the US title or IC title. Alberto Del Rio seems ok with losing at the PPV and then going on to fight Sheamus and also enter the battle royal. I guess it adds prestige to the titles, but from a Mexican aristocrat standpoint...

Hero!
July 2nd, 2014, 8:22 AM
Because the championships are valued at similar levels, as they should be. It adds prestige to a midcard belt when a former 4-time world champ is chasing after it.

Fanny Batter
July 2nd, 2014, 8:27 AM
Unbelievable that Del Rio is a 4 time World champion by the way. Talented guy, sure, but if ever there was proof that having 2 titles for one company is a bad thing, that would be it. He's never been one of the top 5 stars.

greebull
July 8th, 2014, 4:19 PM
TONIGHT at 8PM ET on WWE Network - "Main Event"

-Alberto Del Rio vs. Sheamus (c) (LAST MAN STANDING for U.S. Title)
-Chris Jericho's Highlight Reel w/ Special Guest: Bret Hart

Hero!
July 8th, 2014, 8:51 PM
I TOLD YOU SANDOW WOULD COME OUT AS SHAWN!!!

Slutty McWhoreface
July 9th, 2014, 8:47 PM
Harper and Rowan are class. Once they've weeded out the stale acts, Axel, Truth, Santino etc., the roster will be full of quality. Replace those boys, Woods, RVD, Ryder and Titus with Zayn, KENTA, Devitt, Neville, Breeze and the Vaudevelians and you've got yourselves a roster.

AMEN, Brother Batter...
AMEN.

Vaudevillains own NXT.
would be a HUGE gain for RAW.

Donald
July 9th, 2014, 8:47 PM
TESTIFY!

Slutty McWhoreface
July 9th, 2014, 8:49 PM
HALLELUJAH!! :bowdown:

Psycho666Soldier
July 10th, 2014, 11:26 AM
That Sheamus/Del Rio match was actually pretty good. Probably the best those two have had together.

Peter Griffin
July 14th, 2014, 9:13 PM
So im catching up with last weeks show, and one of the advertisements is for WM:Rewind 16, and seems to focus heavily on CM Punk winning MITB twice, bit odd given we haven't heard his name mentioned outside of Paul E.

greebull
July 15th, 2014, 10:00 AM
MAIN EVENT tonight: Sheamus vs. The Miz

The Law
July 22nd, 2014, 8:45 PM
If this turns out to be the blow off to Swagger/Rusev I will be really disappointed.

Atty
July 22nd, 2014, 8:48 PM
If this turns out to be the blow off to Swagger/Rusev I will be really disappointed.

The blow off should be SummerSlam when Real American hits. Hogan, Swagger and Zeb then do flex poses for the crowd. Zeb's flex gets the biggest pop.

OD50
August 20th, 2014, 9:52 AM
I think Big Show, Mark Henry, Rowan and Harper deserves some props, their series of singles and tag matches have been great so far. Love Rowan slamming Show.

The new Main Event ring skirts look good, not very different but I like the subtle change.

greebull
August 26th, 2014, 1:54 PM
MAIN EVENT for tonight's show:

RVD vs. Seth Rollins

Nash Diesel
August 27th, 2014, 12:15 PM
So the WWE is "sour" on Adam Rose yet the guy is practically undefeated on the main roster and is 9/10 times on the Main Event winning....I like the gimmick, I think that it's very entertaining and the WWE's midcard needs all the help they can get. Not sure why they've scaled back on his Raw/Smackdown appearances aside from promoting a sponsor. Maybe it's a gimmick that Vince doesn't GET, something that has been a common annoyance where he doesn't GET why people like a wrestler or why it's interesting. I think Vince Russo said he had a bitch of a time with Vince not understanding what was considered COOL, that Vince was still stuck in the 70's or some shit.

Peter Griffin
August 27th, 2014, 12:19 PM
Yeh well Vince is sour on Paige and Bo by all accounts, both of who'm are featured on TV preeminently.

OD50
August 28th, 2014, 3:15 AM
Well, Paige is pasty and Bo is pudgy.

Psycho666Soldier
August 28th, 2014, 10:42 AM
Did anyone see this week's show? Is Rollins/RVD worth watching and is there any enjoyable promo time from someone?

greebull
September 23rd, 2014, 3:19 PM
ANNOUNCED FOR TONITE'S SHOW:

DEAN AMBROSE on MizTV!

PurePlayer
September 23rd, 2014, 3:56 PM
I would expect a match to happen then between the two or a match with Sandow.

Nash Diesel
September 23rd, 2014, 3:59 PM
Miz v. Ambrose, not sure if it's happened but it sounds like it'd be a really good match.

Beer-Belly
September 23rd, 2014, 11:15 PM
Well, we'll probably get to see it if tonight's Main Event is anything to go by.

The Miz TV segment was pretty great. Ambrose was on point as always, and Sandow is great in the sycophant role. I actually think Miz is doing some career best work with his current character.

Badger
September 24th, 2014, 1:10 PM
So Ambrose escaped through aback door? Reminds of when Kane was barricaded in once with Show trying to free him. Kane walks up behind him andtoldhim there was another door. :lol:

greebull
September 30th, 2014, 10:18 AM
Announced for Tonight's Show: (LIVE @ 8PM ET on WWE Network)

-Bo Dallas vs. Mark Henry

greebull
October 28th, 2014, 3:54 PM
Announced for tonight's episode:

"Mizdow TV" w/ Special Guest: Mark Henry

greebull
November 11th, 2014, 7:54 AM
Tonight's Episode:
-Sami Zayn vs. Tyson Kidd
-Dean Ambrose vs. Justin Gabriel
-Adam Rose vs. Stardust
-Alicia Fox vs. Cameron

greebull
November 18th, 2014, 10:51 AM
ANNOUNCED for tonight's show @ 8PM ET on WWE Network:

INTER-GENDER, INTER-SPECIES, TAG TEAM MATCH:
Adam Rose / The Bunny vs. Natalya / Tyson Kidd

(The announcement was made during a post-RAW interview on the Network with Tyson and Natalya.)

JT4104
November 19th, 2014, 6:12 PM
I like the asshole Rose character a little better, should have been that way from the start. Not that he will be major but he can be a good start up heel for faces they believe in for the future.

greebull
December 2nd, 2014, 12:57 PM
ANNOUNCED FOR TONITE'S SHOW:

-Jimmy Uso vs. The Miz

Hero!
December 2nd, 2014, 1:24 PM
LOADED CARD tonight, huh?

greebull
December 16th, 2014, 9:08 AM
REMINDER: "Main Event" airs at a special start time of 7PM ET, LIVE on WWE Network.

-Kane vs. Erick Rowan
-MizTV featuring Naomi

Saintevil
December 23rd, 2014, 1:29 PM
So I was reading the matches for tonight and saw Brie Bella vs. Summer Rae listed. Aren't they both heels? They couldn't have her face Emma or Naomi?

greebull
January 23rd, 2015, 9:36 PM
So I was reading the matches for tonight and saw Brie Bella vs. Summer Rae listed. Aren't they both heels? They couldn't have her face Emma or Naomi?

I guess they might be heels. Who knows? I like both, so they're faces to me. Just like I dont consider Bray Wyatt a heel. Or Cena a face. If the matches were only faces vs. heels, wouldn't that be way too predictable??

mth
January 24th, 2015, 12:14 AM
The lower end divas like Alicia, Summer, and Layla seem to switch from heel to face as needed.

Clive Plasma
February 12th, 2015, 8:44 AM
From the front page...

As noted earlier today, because of the limited crew at the WWE TV tapings on Tuesday night in Dayton, Ohio, several matches were extended to help kill time on the shows. On Main Event, Cesaro and Sin Cara had a lengthy match that apparently tore the house down.

Andy
February 27th, 2015, 7:33 AM
Worth a watch this week.

Lucha Dragons had a really good match with Cesaro and Kidd, the Divas match wasn't bad at all and Stardust/Kofi is worth watching too. :yes:

greebull
March 3rd, 2015, 8:15 PM
Here are my "RAJAH FORUM EXCLUSIVE" spoilers from DC:

DARK MATCH: Natalya made Sasha Banks submit in a solid 5-Minute opener.

MAIN EVENT spoilers...

(1) Fandango pinned Curtis Axel with a small package. Disjointed and unentertaining. Crowd got a good "Axelmania" chant going.

(2) Adam Rose pinned Zack Ryder after a variation of his "Party Foul" finisher.

(3) Paige beat Summer Rae via submission with her PTO finisher.

(4) The Usos beat The Ascension after a very competitive, 15-minute match. Crowd was really into Usos.

Check SmackDown thread for spoilers.

Nash Diesel
February 11th, 2022, 10:58 AM
I've been watching some of the more recent episodes since they've been calling up more NXT talent just to see how they're doing and this morning I decided to go back a few years. 7 to be exact. Jan 29th, 2015. New Day v. Mizdow. It was so weird. For one, Mizdow didn't even get an entrance on tv. For two, New Day were in their infancy so they didn't have really anything that we grew accustomed to other than the matching gear and theme music. The main event is Luke Harper v. Dolph Ziggler being billed as "one last time" Sad if it really was especially considering Luke Harper left in what, 2019?

Gotta love Hulu, old NXT, old Main Event while I'm also watching Pam and Tommy.

Horatio
February 15th, 2022, 3:37 AM
Thanks for bumping this thread, Nash; I would have never found it.

Just finished reading eric's review on Segunda Caida of Veer vs Gulak from like September.
Holy shit, it sounds awesome. One thing I love about Gulak is that he is the level; he's never afraid to work as anyone's equal and I love that this review emphasizes that fact. Http://segundacaida.blogspot.com