PDA

View Full Version : UEFA Champions League 2012/13

Pages : [1] 2 3

Ringo
August 28th, 2012, 5:29 PM
Draw Thursday.

Malaga, Anderlecht, BATE Borisov, Dinamo Zagreb and Braga through tonight. Just watched Braga/Udinese on pens. Wanted to see Udinese get through after they came close against Arsenal last year. Was going fine until some Brazilian royally fucked up a panenka and the keeper made him look like a dickhead. And now they're out. Idiot.

Slare
August 29th, 2012, 4:46 AM
Can'tfucking wait for tonight.

Got Helsingborg at home in the second leg of our last qualifier. 2-0 up.

Should be enough to get the job done but who knows. Been far too long since we went group stage daft and beat a massive team.

MON EH SELLIK

Simon
August 29th, 2012, 4:48 AM
Imagine being the only one to miss a penalty in a shootout because you did a panenka, what a cunt. He has form for it as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0E2cp3uAD8

MikeHunt
August 29th, 2012, 2:15 PM
Charlie Nicolas' hair is bloody rediculous!

MikeHunt
August 29th, 2012, 2:21 PM
I also cannot believe that I'm saying this but..... Mon the Celtic. That feels dirty!

Jay
August 30th, 2012, 12:45 PM
Jesus, that's a bloody tough group for City. Madrid, Ajax and Dortmund. Besides possibly PSG instead of Ajax, I don't think that could have gone much worse for them.

I think United will be happiest, although that could have been said last year and look what happened there.

And I think Celtic can be rather happy with their group, as well. Massive game for them with Barcelona being in there. They've got a chance of sneaking through.

MikeHunt
August 30th, 2012, 12:58 PM
Celtic have no chance. If they get through that I'll be so fucking shocked.

Slare
August 30th, 2012, 2:11 PM
Its all a bit up in the air. Five years ago I would've fancied us to go through second without much bother, but none of this group really have any experience in the Champions League, so no idea what to expect.

Based on our record at home you've got to fancy us to take 6 points from Spartak and Benfica. If we can sneak anything away from home against either team, 8 or 9 points will probably be enough for second place.

Pretty wide open group outwith Barca.

MikeHunt
August 30th, 2012, 2:14 PM
I fancy spartan to do you home and away. I hope I'm wrong I honestly focused we need a run in Europe for the country.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 30th, 2012, 2:28 PM
Benfica should do Celtic comfortably home and away with the quality they have in the likes of Gaitan, Aimar, Saviola, Witsel, Cardozo etc. They were fairly impressive last season against United and Chelsea in getting the to the knock-outs. Chelsea smacked them on the break away from home and then Benfica had a man sent-off at Stamford Bridge, but they had the quality to win if a few breaks had went their way.

Andy
August 30th, 2012, 2:34 PM
When was the last time Man United had a tough group?

Andy
August 30th, 2012, 2:35 PM
Also when was the last time we didn't play Olympiacos? #dull

MikeHunt
August 30th, 2012, 2:44 PM
Fuck off how could you be bored watching your team in the champions leauge. I hope arsenal don't qualify for any European competition ever again for even suggesting dullness you tube.

Mik
August 30th, 2012, 2:56 PM
You've angered the permanently angry guy there Andy.

MikeHunt
August 30th, 2012, 2:59 PM
Well it's a fuckig stupid thing to say. Oh god we don't have to play Liverpool twice again this year is an equally stupid fucking statement.

Mik
August 30th, 2012, 3:01 PM
Its not really all that ridiculous a thing to say. England went through a stage of playing Romania every tournament and are currently still constantly getting drawn against Sweden. Nobody is saying that its ruining European football for them, just that its a bit repetitive. As usual I think that you're taking things a little too seriously and being a bit quick to be angry for no reason.

MikeHunt
August 30th, 2012, 3:04 PM
So is playing the same teams every year in the leauge. Would you not take playing the same one team every year to see Sunderland in the champions leauge?

Mik
August 30th, 2012, 3:06 PM
Yes mate, I most certainly would. I'd take getting beat both at home and away from Newcastle every season if it meant that we finished higher than them and got Champions League football every season (I think). I dont think that Andy is saying otherwise.

Andy
August 30th, 2012, 4:04 PM
Bloody hell Mike, chill out man! We've played Olympiacos in 3 of the last 4 season or something and it's rarely a good game.

Schalke is an exciting tie though, might look into making the trip.

turdpower
August 30th, 2012, 6:05 PM
When was the last time Man United had a tough group?

If you win it a few times, get to a few finals and semi finals, you tend to get seeded quite highly, mate.

You're unlucky if you get a hard team in pot 2. Other than that, how hard can Champions League football be :)

Simon
September 18th, 2012, 12:47 PM
Can't wait for tonight's game. I hope Madrid fucking spank them, even though I don't mind City. Lovely Luka to score.

Chelsea vs Juve tomorrow is appetising as well, have they played in the CL before? Can't remember it if they have.

turdpower
September 18th, 2012, 1:12 PM
Played in the knockouts a couple of years back I think.

Ringo
September 18th, 2012, 1:14 PM
Yeah, 08/09. Going tomorrow, bit worried.

MikeHunt
September 18th, 2012, 1:51 PM
This should be quality which inevitably means it will be shite. Both look poor defensively so also could be a goals galore.

Im backing Alonso to score this evening also.

Andy
September 18th, 2012, 3:13 PM
Bloody hell, if Wenger manages to turn Gervinho into an accomplished centre forward it may be one of his finest achievements.

Hlebsfall
September 18th, 2012, 3:22 PM
If he manages to turn Giroud into something even resembling a threat it will be even more astonishing.

MikeHunt
September 18th, 2012, 3:29 PM
Shit game so far. Hart has been brilliant though.

Hlebsfall
September 18th, 2012, 4:26 PM
Arsenal have been utter wank in this second half.

turdpower
September 18th, 2012, 4:34 PM
Hlebs, you've missed a great game of footy on the other channel.

Mik
September 18th, 2012, 4:34 PM
Thats going to hurt.

El Capitano Gatisto
September 18th, 2012, 4:36 PM
Excellent game. I thought the first half was pretty good and Real should have been drilling City but for some bad finishing and a couple of good saves from Hart. Looked like City might do the old Champo smash and grab job tonight for a bit in this second half. Justice was probably done with Ronaldo's gyppy goal there at the end. Quality finish from Benzema to make it 2-2.

Ringo
September 18th, 2012, 4:37 PM
Haha brilliant. What a last 15 minutes and Jose even broke out the knee slide.

Hlebsfall
September 18th, 2012, 4:40 PM
Hlebs, you've missed a great game of footy on the other channel.

Yeah, that second half of the Arsenal game was pony. Still, a win is a win. Giroud needs to have a word with himself though, he has looked shite in these first few games.

Hlebsfall
September 18th, 2012, 4:42 PM
Hahahaha, Joe Hart was almost in tears there, wally.

Ringo
September 18th, 2012, 4:43 PM
I like Joe Hart a lot, good interview, but I wish Chiles would shut the fuck up about him.

Mik
September 18th, 2012, 4:47 PM
After 20 minutes the commentators were talking about how he was putting himself in life for a man of the match performance.

Why do they say stuff like that?

MikeHunt
September 18th, 2012, 4:56 PM
Cause they are stupid cunts, how Andy Townsend retains a position on itv commentary team is beyond me.

Great second half, thought the first half was poor. Yaya and hart were quality and it's nice to see Modric playing with better players.

Andy
September 18th, 2012, 5:08 PM
Jenkinson was very good again tonight.

Andy
September 19th, 2012, 3:01 PM
I love watching Giovinco play, just looks like a small child skinning everyone.

MikeHunt
September 19th, 2012, 3:32 PM
Celtic vs Benfica has been alright. Benfica are such a quick breaking side that I can see them nicking one pretty soon.

Celtic have no physical forward players playing, watt if he comes on could bully this defence.

Wilson looks uncomfortable on the left and Mulgrew is never a defender and this game is perfect evidence, playing some great balls and chasing every ball.

MikeHunt
September 19th, 2012, 3:38 PM
Oscars goal....OOOOOOOFA!!!

turdpower
September 19th, 2012, 3:56 PM
Cracking pen from Nani.

El Capitano Gatisto
September 19th, 2012, 3:59 PM
Oscar's second was a joke. Not sure he meant it to pan out exactly how it did but doesn't matter, great improvisation, awareness and instinct.

Ringo
September 20th, 2012, 7:12 AM
http://imgon.net/di-KMIB.gif

Simon
September 20th, 2012, 7:18 AM
What are people's thoughts about the touch for the goal? Not especially important as by any stretch it's a great goal, but personally I think the touch was deliberate to take him away from the centre back, but the way it took Pirlo out of the game was just luck, so comparisons to the Bergkamp goal are a little wayward. Still though the touch was superb in setting up the shooting chance, and both the audacity to try and the technique to succeed in scoring from there were sublime. He looks a proper player, the way he moves opposition players with drops of the shoulder is brilliant.

Thought Juve were well worth a result though, they were by far the better side overall. Vidal and Marchisio completely bossed the midfield, and Terry couldn't get near Vucinic. Loved Terry's botched attempt at the offside trap for the equaliser.

On the subject of Bergkamp-esque goals, this isn't a bad effort:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TlcarTvhcc

Alf
September 20th, 2012, 7:19 AM
Yep, incredible touch there.

MMH
September 20th, 2012, 7:42 AM
I think he meant it. You can tell by how he runs after the ball. He didnt have to alter his stride or anything and seemed to know exactly where it was going.

Jay
October 2nd, 2012, 1:58 PM
What a fantastic win that is for Celtic. I only watched the second half, but they played really well and thoroughly deserved it. Hooper in particular played magnificently, after a slow, plodding start for him and Celtic earlier in the season.

El Capitano Gatisto
October 2nd, 2012, 3:03 PM
Patrice Evra has actually spent 2 years going from probably the best left-back around to one of the worst. It's almost impressive how shit he has become.

Ringo
October 2nd, 2012, 4:38 PM
Phew. Easy in the end, but Nordsjaelland put in a good performance. We were living dangerously for a while. Their centre back Okore played like an absolute beast.

Mata has been phenomenal since returning from his rest. David Luiz' free kick was unstoppable. Oscar is the man. Love him. Thanks.

EDIT: Fucking hell that Okore is only 20. Schmeichel says he's already recommended him to Fergie.

Another top class save from Cech tonight by the way.

And this is revolting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp9NHupvLUM

MikeHunt
October 2nd, 2012, 4:59 PM
Well done Celtic! Bloody hell not many could of expected that, what a fucking performance.

wardy
October 2nd, 2012, 6:43 PM
I still can't fucking believe it. Since when do we play like that away from home and actually score last minute fucking winners? Incredible and after the weekend I've had, I'm surprised my wee heart didn't pack in!

Fanny
October 3rd, 2012, 4:39 AM
utterly wonderful - would be delighted if Spartak and Benfica shared the spoils in their double-header given that we've Barca home and away, but it's obviously not going to pan out quite so 'easy'. Can't WAIT to see us up against Barcelona again, just as long as we don't get utterly embarrassed. fucking hell though, what a position to be in after two games :hyper:

MikeHunt
October 3rd, 2012, 4:47 AM
Got to say even I a bluenose loved that samaras goal last night. How the fuck Commons isn't in the Scotland squad is completely beyond me. Yous stopped mcgeady though and he is so important to them, suppose if anyone knew how it would be Lennon.

Simon
October 3rd, 2012, 7:12 AM
City/Dortmund tonight, proper game.

Andy
October 3rd, 2012, 7:19 AM
Puyol's injury is fucking sick :barf:

Jaymz
October 3rd, 2012, 2:58 PM
When did Gary Barlow take over at Dortmund?

Hlebsfall
October 3rd, 2012, 3:35 PM
Well deserved equaliser for Olympiakos there. Arsenal have been absolutely fucking abysmal. As bad as anything from last season. They're playing a shit team who are missing half of their players, and have managed one shot all game, which went in. Why the fuck isn't Mertesacker playing, Koscielny and Vermaelen have both been dreadful. Wenger Out.

El Capitano Gatisto
October 3rd, 2012, 3:57 PM
City-dortmund is a fucking great game. Joe hart is an unreal shot-stopper. Still awful dealing with crosses though, will always gift the other team a chance or two.

Owlerton
October 3rd, 2012, 4:01 PM
I know it's horribly old-fashioned and a little cliched but imagine how great an actual Champions League would be. Having the champions of Spain, England, Germany and Holland in one group is amazing. Add to it the likes of Juventus, Zenit and Porto and have a proper one. But a pipedream of course.

1_Pablo_Angel
October 3rd, 2012, 4:06 PM
:yes:

Would be loads better. But this argument has been done to death.

El Capitano Gatisto
October 3rd, 2012, 4:07 PM
Finally, well deserved lead for Dortmund. They have been superb. I want to see them really challenge this season. Kagawa should have stayed there.

Hlebsfall
October 3rd, 2012, 4:13 PM
I know it's horribly old-fashioned and a little cliched but imagine how great an actual Champions League would be. Having the champions of Spain, England, Germany and Holland in one group is amazing. Add to it the likes of Juventus, Zenit and Porto and have a proper one. But a pipedream of course.

That's a bloody good point right there Owlerton.

Hlebsfall
October 3rd, 2012, 4:14 PM
I guarantee Mancini will not be at Man City next season.

Hlebsfall
October 3rd, 2012, 4:19 PM
Oof, Lewandowski should have scored there.

El Capitano Gatisto
October 3rd, 2012, 4:22 PM
Fucking glorious ball and a shite miss. Dortmund have put in a glorious performance but are 100% going to be fucked here. They should be 3 or 4 up at least.

El Capitano Gatisto
October 3rd, 2012, 4:23 PM
Glorious.

El Capitano Gatisto
October 3rd, 2012, 4:30 PM
That linesman is Hannibal Lector.

Jaymz
October 3rd, 2012, 4:32 PM
How the fuck can that be given?

El Capitano Gatisto
Knew it.

1_Pablo_Angel
Harsh as fuck.

Jaymz
October 3rd, 2012, 4:33 PM
Serves Dortmund right for their wastefulness, but that was a ridiculous decision

El Capitano Gatisto
October 3rd, 2012, 4:35 PM
Why does it serve then right? They've met a keeper in superb form then been screwed by the ref. In what way is that what they deserve?

Jaymz
October 3rd, 2012, 4:37 PM
Because there have been one or two glaring opportunities that Dortmund didn't take. If they had taken them, then they wouldn't have been in a position to drop two points in this manner.

El Capitano Gatisto
October 3rd, 2012, 4:41 PM
Not an answer. Why did they deserve to concede that penalty? Why does it serve them right to walk away with one point after pouring forward to batter the opposition in an away game? What a gormless thing to say.

El Capitano Gatisto
October 3rd, 2012, 4:43 PM
The Dortmund-Real games should be crackers, will definitely be watching both of those.

Ringo
October 3rd, 2012, 5:19 PM
Why does Gervinho appear to do a Sieg Heil in his celebrations? Good goal though, he's looking much better. Poor Giroud.

Andy
October 3rd, 2012, 8:18 PM
Can you imagine if Wenger had announced when he sold RVP that Gervinho was going to be his replacement. Hlebs probably would've hung himself.

Ringo
October 4th, 2012, 11:16 AM
http://youtu.be/pZnUlEJFPjs

They're great.

Simon
October 23rd, 2012, 7:01 AM
Pretty shit matches in the CL this week. Shakhtar/Chelsea and Barca/Celtic are probably the most interesting tonight, Malaga/Milan and Dortmund/Madrid tomorrow.

MikeHunt
October 23rd, 2012, 1:31 PM
Benfica look half the team they were last year.

I would love a competitive performance from Celtic tonight and hope they can do themselves proud. I think people and the bookies are seriously under rating Celtic. Hope they prove everyone wrong and nick a point.

Good luck tims!!!

El Capitano Gatisto
October 23rd, 2012, 3:08 PM
Crikey. Good start from the Glasgow Celtics.

MikeHunt
October 23rd, 2012, 3:19 PM
Bloody amazing first 30 mins for Celtic! Keep it up!

El Capitano Gatisto
October 23rd, 2012, 3:30 PM
Celtic should have had a pen there. Clear handball.

El Capitano Gatisto
October 23rd, 2012, 3:31 PM
Balls. No defending that really.

Ringo
October 23rd, 2012, 4:55 PM
Shakhtar were brilliant tonight, fair play. We weren't very good but man did they punish us. Best team we've played this season. Juve drawing with Nordsjaelland may have saved us. Need to win both home games and probably get a point in Turin now.

MikeHunt
October 23rd, 2012, 5:01 PM
That must be sickening. Feel that if Sammy had stayed on it would have been a different game. Bloody well played though, should be fucking proud of that tims of rajah.

Fanny
October 24th, 2012, 2:25 AM
what a night. I think I experienced every emotion times a million. So, so proud of the team and the fans, amazing stuff. Second in that group after three games, two away, is incredible.

El Capitano Gatisto
October 24th, 2012, 3:29 PM
Borussia are taking it to Real here, just went one up but unfortunately conceded almost immediately to a straight ball over the top for Ronaldo. They need a win here really while they have Real on the rack to make it easier for themselves. Reus is some player.

Ringo
October 24th, 2012, 4:03 PM
Ajax have gone ahead so I've switched to that game. I see that Mancini is again bringing on Kolarov when they have Tevez and Balotelli as options. This didn't work last time.

Ringo
October 24th, 2012, 4:09 PM
3-1 now, bit of an unlucky deflection but they were all over the place. City are a bit fucked.

And now 2-1 Dortmund! Love this group.

El Capitano Gatisto
October 24th, 2012, 4:19 PM
Yep it's a proper old school tough group. Borussia need another here to assert their dominance and be comfortable for the remainder.

What is Mancini's problem with European football?

Hlebsfall
October 24th, 2012, 4:30 PM
Wenger out. Pathetic team. Complete lack of invention and inspiration.

Hlebsfall
October 24th, 2012, 5:16 PM
So second game running, Arsenal don't have a shot on target until about 88 minutes. Also fewest attempts on goal in total from any team in the Champions League. Great stuff.

Simon
November 6th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Does anyone care about the CL prior to the quarters now? :dunno: as long as Arsenal and City both crash out who cares.

El Capitano Gatisto
November 6th, 2012, 12:58 PM
I would like to be able to watch the Real-Borussia game as the last tie was class. Unfortunately that's not going to happen as I'm stuck out in the middle of the country with no Sky or internet. Count your blessings.

Getting these newly strong teams with no European seeding has thrown up a lot of interesting group matches in recent years. PSG will be next up for it no doubt to get tough draws in the coming seasons along with Dortmund and City.

Peter Griffin
November 6th, 2012, 3:55 PM
:rofl: :hyper: :lol:

El Capitano Gatisto
November 6th, 2012, 3:56 PM
City defended like total losers there.

Peter Griffin
November 6th, 2012, 4:02 PM
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Ringo
November 6th, 2012, 4:03 PM
So easy!

El Capitano Gatisto
November 6th, 2012, 4:04 PM
Gordon Bennett. Same again. This is shaping up to be interesting. Time to see if City have any guts to make up for the lack of brains.

Ringo
November 6th, 2012, 4:04 PM
Does anyone care about the CL prior to the quarters now? :dunno: as long as Arsenal and City both crash out who cares.

City's group has been excellent this year. That should be enough for any neutral.

I love the Champions League.

Peter Griffin
November 6th, 2012, 4:07 PM
bollocks

Ringo
November 6th, 2012, 5:36 PM
City have been done there. They scored a perfectly good goal when Kolarov wasn't offside too.

turdpower
November 6th, 2012, 5:37 PM
It is mildly amusing though.

Ringo
November 6th, 2012, 5:38 PM
Oh absolutely, enjoyed it.

Simon
November 7th, 2012, 11:24 AM
What are people watching tonight? Quite tempted to have a look at Chelsea/Shakhtar, see how good all Shakhtar's Brazilians really are...but it's hard to resist the appeal of Celtic/Barca.

Fanny
November 7th, 2012, 11:30 AM
obviously watching the Celtic game, but weirdly not as confident as I was going into the Nou Camp tie. Hopefully we get another memorable night at Parkhead one way or another :yes:

MikeHunt
November 7th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Sadly I believe you will get smashed tonight.

RuneEdge
November 7th, 2012, 4:22 PM
1-0 up again. Should be fun.

Bayern are up 5-0 within 35 mins. :lol:

Fanny
November 7th, 2012, 4:37 PM
Bayern are beasts.

Fucking, hell. This is going to be a looooooooooong 45 minutes.

wardy
November 7th, 2012, 4:42 PM
Jesus Christ I am shitting myself. Got 30/1 on 1-0 from Paddy Power. MENTAL. Really cant see them not scoring though.

Fanny
November 7th, 2012, 4:45 PM
shoosht wardy KEEP THE FUCKING FAITH MATE

Fanny
November 7th, 2012, 4:48 PM
is Tony Watt on the bench? Because Miku really isn't giving much up front or even in midfield. Watt can hold onto the ball quite well

Canuck
November 7th, 2012, 4:57 PM
He is

turdpower
November 7th, 2012, 5:00 PM
Floodlights have failed in the United game.

10 minute delay :wtf:

wardy
November 7th, 2012, 5:11 PM
I'm posting here to waste a minute or so. I can barely fucking watch this.

wardy
November 7th, 2012, 5:13 PM
I take back everything I said about Forster. Sorry Fanny. Jesus Christ kill me.

wardy
November 7th, 2012, 5:15 PM
I would bring on Kayal for Miku now. He can kick them about a bit.

wardy
November 7th, 2012, 5:25 PM
AAAAAAAASAAATHHGRTTGRRRT

El Capitano Gatisto
November 7th, 2012, 5:28 PM
Christ on a bike.

Fanny
November 7th, 2012, 5:43 PM
fucking hell. I'm almost in tears. Just. Fucking hell. Victor Wanyama. Adam Matthews. FRASER FORSTER (hands up all who poo-pood my thoughts a couple of years ago on him being a future England goalkeeper...just kidding it's cool :heart: ). Samaras. Ledley. TONY WATT. Efe Ambrose. Charlie Mulgrew. Kris Commons. Kayal.

I could name the whole squad. What a fucking effort. Sublime defending, awesome taking advantage of set-plays and quick breaks, superb goalkeeping. I am genuinely shivering. Probably the best night of my football-supporting life. I'm in heaven.

Just. Incredible.

turdpower
November 7th, 2012, 5:47 PM
fucking hell. I'm almost in tears. Just. Fucking hell.

Aye, no idea how we won this in the end.

RVP was the game changer.

wardy
November 7th, 2012, 5:50 PM
I'm shaking and my voice is completely gone. Can't believe it. I'm drinking this flat dry.

Grimario
November 7th, 2012, 5:53 PM
I could name the whole squad. What a fucking effort. Sublime defending, awesome taking advantage of set-plays and quick breaks, superb goalkeeping. I am genuinely shivering. Probably the best night of my football-supporting life. I'm in heaven.

Just. Incredible.

All from the comfort of your lounge chair? Plastic fan.

/Red Dog

Peter Griffin
November 7th, 2012, 5:59 PM
jesus christ you two,its only one win..you didnt see me losing my shit when we beat Man Utd in the league cup semi-final first leg the other year ;)

Fanny
November 7th, 2012, 6:01 PM
All from the comfort of your lounge chair? Plastic fan.

/Red Dog

sold out ;)

Fanny
November 7th, 2012, 6:02 PM
Fraser Forster will get England results. Results. Unbelievable.

The Rosk
November 7th, 2012, 6:11 PM
Incredible night. Absolutely majestic. Fitting that the only goal Forater conceded he made a fantastic save.just beforehand. Beautiful.

Fanny
November 7th, 2012, 6:15 PM
Did you watch the whole Celtic game Ross? Do you want Celtic as your Scottish club now and I'll send you a strip with your name on the back? Sorry, I'm delerious a bit. but I'd do it. Fuck me I need to calm down.

just watching the Chelsea highlights - looks like an amazingly fun game as well - first two Chelsea goals the keeper wants the nick :lol:

wardy
November 7th, 2012, 6:28 PM
Celtic have always been Rosk's Scottish team. I made a poll once and all the cool folk voted for Celtic while all the ugly benders voted for Rangers.

Grimario
November 7th, 2012, 6:31 PM
sold out ;)
Why are you a sell out?

Fanny
November 7th, 2012, 6:31 PM
wardy I don't know what to do now. What do we do now? I don't know what to do.

Fanny
November 7th, 2012, 6:34 PM
Why are you a sell out?

nothin anyone can say can touch me tonight. celtic just beat the best team in the world, possibly in history, and we had a depleted squad. TEARS

wardy
November 7th, 2012, 7:02 PM
wardy I don't know what to do now. What do we do now? I don't know what to do.
Hold me.

Ringo
November 7th, 2012, 9:15 PM
We were so shit tonight! Not sure how we won. Keeper gifted us the first two (although the second wasn't easy - great finish from the genius that is OsCAR). Defended like arseholes, kept fucking up really basic stuff. So frustrating to watch when you know how good we can be. Moses has kept us in this competition really, but we still need to draw at Juve and obviously beat Nordsjaelland.

Getting a bit worried by RDM's lack of rotation. The stats they showed on Monday night were telling - 19 hours on the pitch for Torres and the Mazacar trio, around 12 hours for the starting 4 of United and City. Saying that, Moses has been featuring whilst Sturridge and Marin have had injuries but in general, the squad isn't the biggest and with the club world cup and the christmas fixture pile up beckoning we could see the fatigue costing us points.

Saw the Celtic highlights. Excellent. Always fun to see Barca lose.

MikeHunt
November 7th, 2012, 10:37 PM
Fucking hell. Even I've managed a good scoop tonight in slight celebration. Absolutely deserved over the two ties. Bloody hell incredible effort. I genuinely said to my mate ther is no way tony watt is beating those two, 2 seconds later bang stunning finish. Great night even for a blue nose. Well done tims!

Fanny
November 8th, 2012, 3:29 AM
so....it did actually happen then. I feel like I had amazing, beautiful sex with Holly Willoughby last night and am still pinching myself this morning.

wardy
November 8th, 2012, 3:44 AM
Victor Wanyama is the fucking man. There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that he'll go on to do great things now. Hopefully we get a decent fee when the time comes.

Fanny
November 8th, 2012, 3:49 AM
hopefully we can keep him for one more season, but I'm worried. I wouldn't be surprised to see him playing for a top four EPL club, or top two Spanish club.....

turdpower
November 8th, 2012, 3:56 AM
He looks like a Pardew signing in the making.

Fanny
November 8th, 2012, 4:00 AM
I think Pardew can dream on. I think Ferguson will be in for him.

turdpower
November 8th, 2012, 4:04 AM
YEAH, DARREN

Fanny
November 8th, 2012, 4:12 AM
Celtic 2 - 1 Barcelona

Ringo
November 8th, 2012, 7:29 AM
I don't think Mr. Wanyama will be wearing Real Madrid or Barcelona colours any time soon tbh.

Slare
November 15th, 2012, 7:24 AM
Had a good laugh reading through the last page or so of this thread. Amazing stuff. Never seen at atmosphere like it in my life. Was incredible. Best celtic result in my lifetime. Wanyama was Yaya Toure-esque there, the back four were great and Neil Lennon had his tactics spot on by playing them narrow and letting Barca have as much of the ball wide as they wanted.

PS. I'm up for the job as the new FACE of Celtic TV hailhail.

wardy
November 15th, 2012, 10:24 AM
As long as you're not the body lol.

Fanny
November 20th, 2012, 3:35 PM
shitting, bricks

Slare
November 23rd, 2012, 11:42 AM
Fucking hell next Tuesday night is going to be ridiculous. It's all set up so perfectly, the chance at the fairytale is there, but a part of me is saying Benfica will get a result at the Nou Camp.

If we get through I fancy some of the group winners too. Can't wait to win the thing.

The Wilf
December 5th, 2012, 5:38 PM
Pretty much as good as could be hoped for tonight for Chelsea. Hazard and Mata both had better games (pen aside) and I still love Luiz the little scamp.

Thursday night football here we come. I wonder what sort of teams Benitez will put out.

MikeHunt
December 5th, 2012, 5:51 PM
Bloody hell Sammy played out his skin tonight for Celtic. So good when he fancies it. Haley looks immense tonight as well, dirty fuckig cow. TITS OUT!!!

MikeHunt
December 5th, 2012, 5:55 PM
Fucking hell I want to rip the head off it to her. Can't wank over a fully clothed woman reading football results can I?

Andy
December 5th, 2012, 5:57 PM
She just said snatch and now I have an erection.

wardy
December 5th, 2012, 9:08 PM
Not hearing you slag Celtic tonight Andy ya wee cock.

wardy
December 5th, 2012, 9:09 PM
JBL on twitter...

Congrats to Celtic! Unreal season already, hard to believe they are in and Chelsea is out-proves it isn't just about money in sports!

UP THE FUCKING RA....DSHAW!

Andy
December 6th, 2012, 7:59 AM
Not hearing you slag Celtic tonight Andy ya wee cock.

Me? I hate Celtic. And Rangers.

They've done well to get through.

Andy
December 6th, 2012, 8:03 AM
double post

Beefy
December 20th, 2012, 7:00 AM
I'm not a huge fan of the Champions League but I'll be tuning in for Manchester United vs Real Madrid. Eek.

Fanny
December 20th, 2012, 7:13 AM
mega-excited to see Celtic playing Juventus again, proper giant European club (and Juventus lol). But seriusly, obviously not holding out too much hope, but if we can come away from Italy with a respectable scoreline and take it back to Parkhead, you never knoooooooooooooooooooooow....

Ringo
December 20th, 2012, 7:16 AM
Pretty great draw - United/Real, Arsenal/Bayern, Barca/Milan and Celtic/Juve are tasty. Dortmund/Shakhtar could be a hell of a game too. Two teams who can really turn it on.

MikeHunt
December 20th, 2012, 7:33 AM
mega-excited to see Celtic playing Juventus again, proper giant European club (and Juventus lol). But seriusly, obviously not holding out too much hope, but if we can come away from Italy with a respectable scoreline and take it back to Parkhead, you never knoooooooooooooooooooooow....

Not the bet draw you could have asked for in terms of qualification chances. I genuinely believe that Celtic can beat any team left at home and you would think Lennon would be focusing on tying up the league between now and feb so yous can fully concentrate on juve and maybe further.

might be a chance for Juve to get a closer look at Hooper, in what maybe one of the most stupid transfer story's recently.

Beefy
December 20th, 2012, 8:02 AM
might be a chance for Juve to get a closer look at Hooper, in what maybe one of the most stupid transfer story's recently.

Not good enough for Southend but good enough for Juve. Fucking hell.

Andy
December 20th, 2012, 8:42 AM
Fantastic draw, loads of great looking games. The only two which aren't too exciting are Gala/Schalke and Barca/Milan (sixth time in two seasons).

MikeHunt
December 20th, 2012, 8:59 AM
porto vs malaga is the glamor tie of this round

Simon
December 20th, 2012, 9:12 AM
Shame that Shakhtar and Dortmund are against each other, would have liked to see them against some of the weaker big names like United or Milan.

Madrid
Barca
Schalke
Juventus
Dortmund
Bayern
Porto
PSG

Pretty tasty potential quar4ter final line up.

Beefy
December 20th, 2012, 9:48 AM
I fancy Barcelona and Madrid to both lose for some reason. We shall see.

Darkoke
December 20th, 2012, 12:38 PM

Except the 1st leg is in Glasgow...

MikeHunt
December 20th, 2012, 1:00 PM
as long as yous dont concede at home i think celtic can go through.

El Capitano Gatisto
December 20th, 2012, 1:02 PM
I fancy Barcelona and Madrid to both lose for some reason. We shall see.

Barca could and should drill Milan. United could do Madrid, however, depending on a few things. I think a right-wing of Rafael and Valencia would actually fancy it if they were up against Ronaldo, they've killed Chelsea and City already this year and Ronaldo's role exposes Real on that side. Van Persie is a goal machine too, but Real's superiority in midfield rightly makes them favourites. United play counter-attack in these big games normally and Mourinho likes to do the same, so it could be cagier than people expect.

The thing that gives Celtic a chance right now is Juve don't have a top striker in their side. That could change between now and then, however. Juve are a physical side with a lot of width so it will be a difficult one for Celtic. Not the worst draw they could have had, that would have been Dortmund.

turdpower
December 21st, 2012, 4:05 AM
http://metro.co.uk/2012/12/20/real-champions-league-last-16-draw-identical-to-rehearsal-to-leave-fans-stunned-3324950/

When reading the headline on the BBC sport page, I wasn't expecting the home and away teams to be exactly the same. Crazy.

Simon
February 12th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Quite looking forward to the Juve/Celtic game tonight, I reckon Celtic might get a decent result - maybe not a win, but perhaps a 0-0 to make the second leg very interesting.

turdpower
February 12th, 2013, 1:04 PM
I fully expect us to get dicked in Madrid. I watch a fair bit of Madrid and Ronaldo is bloody scary. Although we should probably be the best team at dealing with him.

Peter Griffin
February 12th, 2013, 1:30 PM
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/champions-league-fury-spanish-papers-rooney-hooligan-jibe-160634254.html

Spanish newspaper article of wayne rooney..pathetic stuff.

Darkoke
February 12th, 2013, 1:45 PM
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/champions-league-fury-spanish-papers-rooney-hooligan-jibe-160634254.html

Spanish newspaper article of wayne rooney..pathetic stuff.

Did you just read the headline?

...after the controversial opening the piece becomes somewhat more balanced, with Cerezo admitting that Rooney is, "a physical marvel who plays the game at a furious pace," and a player who is, "as dangerous in front of the opponents' goal as he is terrifying if rubbed up the wrong way, which has happened several times in the course of his career."...

Only prediction I'm going to make about the Celtic game is that Pirlo will look cool as fuck - I hope the tie is still alive come the second leg.

Peter Griffin
February 12th, 2013, 1:53 PM
no i read the whole thing,as he went on to slag of the british fans as well as wayne.

turdpower
February 12th, 2013, 1:54 PM
I don't think Marca is a properly balanced newspaper mate.

Imagine Rawk posters writing the sport section of the Daily Mail.

Peter Griffin
February 12th, 2013, 1:55 PM
:rofl:

i dont even no why its bothering me so much to be honest

Hlebsfall
February 12th, 2013, 3:51 PM
Nice defending

Andy
February 12th, 2013, 3:52 PM
If this Ambrose really did just get back from the ACON this morning as the commentators are saying, why has Lennon started him? He's probably still pissed. Playing like he is anyway.

Pablo Diablo
February 12th, 2013, 3:52 PM
Also didn't matter since they got the goal in the end but that extra ref at the back to check for whether the ball goes over or not really is doing a great job.

Andy
February 12th, 2013, 4:16 PM
Scott Brown's been given the job of kicking the shit out of Pirlo then.

Andy
February 12th, 2013, 5:32 PM
Who is Celtic's third choice CB? What an abysmal decision to play this bomb scare Ambrose.

Shite from Forster on that second goal too.

Hlebsfall
February 12th, 2013, 5:38 PM
I only watched the first half. All I remember about that Ambrose was him getting monstered for the first goal, and on the other occasion, getting the ball on the half way line, trying to knock it back to the keeper, and it going out for a corner, about 20 yards to the left of Forster.

wardy
February 12th, 2013, 6:25 PM
You can't defend against top sides like that. Apart from that I thought we played well.

Fanny
February 12th, 2013, 6:29 PM
We defended fairly well in the two games against Barca

son_of_foley
February 13th, 2013, 4:55 AM
The set piece stuff with hooper yesterday was laughable.

Celtics squad is ridiculous. Not even trying to be a dick here but seeing Kelvin Wilson and Kris Commons turning out against Juventus is weird.

I like both as players (Commons more sore than Wilson) but surely Celtic should be able to attract better?

Bennedy
February 13th, 2013, 6:24 AM
Why should they? Scottish football is not thriving at the moment and the lure of Champions League football doesn't work for them.

Not sure what their finances are like either. Do they have money to spend on players?

Brennino
February 13th, 2013, 6:26 AM
Reported yesterday that they have practically wiped out all their debt and are in quite a stable financial position.

Simon
February 13th, 2013, 6:28 AM
Celtic should really be using Rangers' extended break from competing at the top of the SPL to cement themselves as a regular Champions League side who can consistently compete for places in the last 16. Three years of more or less guaranteed CL qualification must bring in enough money to keep them there for years after, surely?

wardy
February 13th, 2013, 6:36 AM
We defended fairly well in the two games against Barca
Was this in response to me? I said you can't defend like THAT against top sides, not the way we defended against Barca. And sof, I think Commons is good enough and had a decent game last night.

We don't have anyone but ourselves to blame but the ref could have grew a pair and done something about their constant manhandling in the box instead of bizarrely booking both players. Like the reporter after the game said, anywhere else on the pitch and its a foul, but in the box it's not. :wtf:

son_of_foley
February 13th, 2013, 6:39 AM
I like Commons I just think he's a right lazy sod a lot of the time.

I think the CBs though really needs some improvement but you know a lot more about that than me.

The manhandling at corners as I said was amongst the most ridiculous things I've seen in a good while. Every corner everyone was watching those 2 rather than the flight of the ball. Madness. Ref showed no balls at all with it.

son_of_foley
February 13th, 2013, 6:40 AM
Why should they? Scottish football is not thriving at the moment and the lure of Champions League football doesn't work for them.

Not sure what their finances are like either. Do they have money to spend on players?

It's a massive club. Massive stadium and support and history and I think could be very effectively sold as a springboard to better things. I'm not saying they should be signing players under the nose of PSG but I would think they could do better than frees from the championship. Not all of those will be shite but if they want to become stronger in Europe they need to look at doing more in the market to me.

Simon
February 13th, 2013, 6:41 AM
I quite enjoyed Juventus' blatant cheating. The referee just had no sack at all. Lichtsteiner played the part of the villain brilliantly.

Also, Scott Brown has a textbook cunt's face.

son_of_foley
February 13th, 2013, 6:45 AM
3rd post in a row but sorry. Is there much coming through the youth teams? Forrest seems to be one of the higher profile ones but even then that's a good few years since he made his start.

There was also that young striker but I'm not paying much attention to Scottish league at the moment aside from when a local player is on tv.

The worry has to be 2-3 of the bigger players go and because of the lack of competition in the league atm and the guaranteed CL football Wanyama is replaced by Paul Green or similar

son_of_foley
February 13th, 2013, 6:54 AM
Yet more posts in a row. I'm a big fan of Pat Nevin as a pundit. He's great all round.

Simon
February 13th, 2013, 7:00 AM
Tony Watt is the kid you're on about I guess, he came on yesterday but didn't do anything. I think he's scored a few in the SPL though (?).

wardy
February 13th, 2013, 7:06 AM
We seem to have quite a lot of youth coming through, and the next few seasons will be perfect for giving them experience but I've not been overly impressed with what I've seen so far. Tony Watt started the season well but hasn't really done anything since he scored in at Barca and McGeouch looks decent. That's about it.

MikeHunt
February 13th, 2013, 7:24 AM
McGeogh looks capable of being a quality footballer. Islam Feruz looked a prospect but Chelsea nabbed him.

I thought the decision to play Ambrose completely fucked Celtic last night. Very odd choice from Lennon. Thought Commons was class last night and let down by those around him especially Hooper who was dire in Europe again. The only real chance i remeber from inside the box was commons overhead kick which really is a bit poor. Think Lennon probably would have liked the ball a bit less.

Where was samaras last night? Is he injured?

wardy
February 13th, 2013, 8:38 AM
Aye he was injured. He is so fucking important to us in Europe and I don't think Hooper is nearly as effective without him.

turdpower
February 13th, 2013, 3:30 PM
:hyper: COME ON LADS.

Andy
February 13th, 2013, 3:35 PM
That's a very attacking lineup from United. Fully expect to see Man United dominated in midfield but they have a lot of firepower. 2-1.

Jay
February 13th, 2013, 3:37 PM
Welbeck in the starting line-up is an eyebrow raiser. I just don't rate him at all. Valencia is the much more obvious choice.

thetony
February 13th, 2013, 3:40 PM
That sky commercial that somehow incorporated shampoo with gambling was terrific.

Matt E
February 13th, 2013, 3:47 PM
Welbeck in the starting line-up is an eyebrow raiser. I just don't rate him at all. Valencia is the much more obvious choice.

Valencia has been cack lately.

Canuck
February 13th, 2013, 3:56 PM
I can't find a decent stream ffs. Anyone have anything?

JP
February 13th, 2013, 4:00 PM
If the first 15 minutes is anything to go by this is gonna be a long night for Man U.

thetony
February 13th, 2013, 4:02 PM
Clear your inbox, Hurley..

Matt E
February 13th, 2013, 4:04 PM
Well that's nice.

turdpower
February 13th, 2013, 4:05 PM

WOOOO.

SAY MORE THINGS.

Jay
February 13th, 2013, 4:06 PM
:lol:

It just had to happen.

JP
February 13th, 2013, 4:06 PM
WOOOO.

SAY MORE THINGS.

:lol:

What a shame for Ramos too after that cowardly little elbow.

Andy
February 13th, 2013, 4:15 PM
What a header

Andy
February 13th, 2013, 4:27 PM
Looks like Wayne Rooney is playing somewhere between second right back and defensive midfield.

Simon
February 13th, 2013, 4:39 PM
Good game this. Ronaldo is a bastard for a header.

Mik
February 13th, 2013, 4:48 PM
That was a phenomenal save from 'dodgy' de gea in the first half by the way. Phenomenal.

El Capitano Gatisto
February 13th, 2013, 4:50 PM
That was an outrageous save. None of his team even realised I think. To get down to that shot curling round a crowd of players was astonishing reflexes.

Rafael is a disaster waiting to happen here. He is playing as if he's too hyped up to think.

Mik
February 13th, 2013, 4:51 PM
Wasn't even just the getting down, it was SO far away from his body.

Andy
February 13th, 2013, 5:02 PM
As amazing as that save was, it was heart in your mouth stuff every time he came for a cross in that first half. Don't think he made a single one.

Still some fantastic saves throughout.

turdpower
February 13th, 2013, 5:03 PM
Well that was fucking unorthodox.

JP
February 13th, 2013, 5:14 PM
What an awful miss.

El Capitano Gatisto
February 13th, 2013, 5:24 PM
Wayne Rooney has been really awful tonight. He has this terrible habit of being really fucking shit when he doesn't play well. There's no half measures really.

El Capitano Gatisto
February 13th, 2013, 5:29 PM
Ronaldo has perfected the art of sticking free kicks over the bar.

turdpower
February 13th, 2013, 5:37 PM
I'll take that.

Lovely stuff.

JP
February 13th, 2013, 5:37 PM
From some of the commentary you'd have thought De Gea has never had a good game in his life before tonight.

Peter Griffin
February 13th, 2013, 5:41 PM
As ive mentioned before the english media have some unfathomable agenda against Da Gea and want him to fail i dont know why, they love Joe Hart though even though hes just as unreliable at times if not more so.

Torn
February 13th, 2013, 5:55 PM
Or they were just praising what was a fantastic display from him. And if I hear this whole "if that was De Gea the media would slaughter him" thing one more time....We get it. Everyone gets it as seemingly every person on the planet has said this.

Great result for United and an excellent defensive performance. Interesting the Jonny Evans debate was brought back up a few hours ago as he was absolutely superb.. Will be interesting to see how Fergie sets them up at Old Trafford after that, Madrid are still there for the taking at the back and despite not having much of the play United still had some big chances, can't believe RVP missed that one.

Brennino
February 14th, 2013, 5:50 AM
Good result for United and sets up another corker for Old Trafford. Personally speaking the reason I jump to De Gea's defence is exactly because of what has already been said in relation to the media slating him and the seeming lovefest for Hart. We have had to sit back and listen to fanboys say that Joe Hart is in a league with Buffon and Casillias when he is streets behind. From what I have seen De Gea seems capable of making saves that no other keeper in the Premiership can make. He had a fantastic performance last night and also made the maddest save from a goalkeeper that I have witnessed in recent memory.

Ferdinand had a very under-rated performance, I thought that he was absolutely world class and Evans benefitted from having his experience beside him. Haven't really heard anyone mention Ferdinand at all, but what a player that man still is on the big occassion. Welbeck was a beast, his running and workrate helped United weather the storm on a number of occassions. For all the plaudits that Sky were heaping on Jones, I thought he had an extremely clumsy game. Basically ran around clattering and fouling anyone who ran from midfield and how he escaped a booking for as long as he did was surprising... he 'walked the line' with his 'challenge' inside the United box on De Maria in the first half as well.

Rooney was shocking, he looks like he has been playing with a hangover at times this season, not sure whats going on with him.

Beefy
February 14th, 2013, 6:28 AM
De Gea gets more stick than Hart because De Gea plays for a bigger club than Hart and a club with higher expectations and a bigger tradition of having top quality goalkeepers. If you're goalkeeper at Manchester United then every slip, every mistake and every goal you conceed is analysed. That's not the case at Manchester City.

The lack of faith that Ferguson has shown in him the last 18 months hasn't helped either. Whereas everyone knows that no matter what Joe Hart does he will be staying as their no.1. Therefore he's a complete non-story.

It's why I was surprised at United bringing in a young keeper. All young keepers make lots of mistakes because it's a completely different position than any other and is far more about experience, concentration and being in the right place at the right time than it is about making saves that no other keeper can make. De Gea was always going to make mistakes (as he did last night, btw) and those mistakes will be scrutinised.

Brennino
February 14th, 2013, 7:01 AM
That's all well and good, but when Hart is being advertised as the best keeper in the world it doesn't matter where he is playing, it just becomes false advertising and a lie.

Beefy
February 14th, 2013, 7:11 AM
Hart doesn't really get advertised like that though. He was maybe hyped slightly beyond his abilities a year or so ago but has come in for a lot of criticism this year over a number of high profile mistakes. He's still young and the same comments I'd make about De Gea I'd make about Hart. He's streets ahead of the next best English keeper, that's for sure.

As Torn said yesterday everyone, every pundit, every fan, every newspaper has made the point that De Gea gets more stick than Hart so I'm unsure as to who these people are who are now over-rating Hart.

Fanny
February 14th, 2013, 7:39 AM
Joe Hart is a bombscare at times, not in the top twenty never mind top overall

Simon
February 14th, 2013, 7:50 AM
:lol: Yeah alright Fanny, let's not go overboard.

MikeHunt
February 14th, 2013, 7:51 AM
Awaiting the Fraser Forster bomb to be dropped!

Simon
February 14th, 2013, 8:06 AM
I would love to see Fanny name 20 better keepers than Joe Hart. Some serious stretching.

Fanny
February 14th, 2013, 8:53 AM
I'll name 400

Hlebsfall
February 14th, 2013, 9:32 AM
Steve Ogrizovic

Mik
February 14th, 2013, 10:05 AM
De Gea gets more stick than Hart because De Gea plays for a bigger club than Hart and a club with higher expectations and a bigger tradition of having top quality goalkeepers. If you're goalkeeper at Manchester United then every slip, every mistake and every goal you conceed is analysed. That's not the case at Manchester City.

The lack of faith that Ferguson has shown in him the last 18 months hasn't helped either. Whereas everyone knows that no matter what Joe Hart does he will be staying as their no.1. Therefore he's a complete non-story.

It's why I was surprised at United bringing in a young keeper. All young keepers make lots of mistakes because it's a completely different position than any other and is far more about experience, concentration and being in the right place at the right time than it is about making saves that no other keeper can make. De Gea was always going to make mistakes (as he did last night, btw) and those mistakes will be scrutinised.

Dont agree with that at all. Hart gets an easier break from the English press because he is the first English goalkeeper to come along in a long while who doesnt have the 'dodgy keeper' tag that have haunted other English goalkeepers. However, it now seems to be moving around to him too.

Hart doesn't really get advertised like that though. He was maybe hyped slightly beyond his abilities a year or so ago but has come in for a lot of criticism this year over a number of high profile mistakes. He's still young and the same comments I'd make about De Gea I'd make about Hart. He's streets ahead of the next best English keeper, that's for sure.

As Torn said yesterday everyone, every pundit, every fan, every newspaper has made the point that De Gea gets more stick than Hart so I'm unsure as to who these people are who are now over-rating Hart.

Only recently. He's had flak almost as long as he's been in England and its only the last month or so its started changing, coinciding with Hart's clanger-riddled month.

turdpower
February 14th, 2013, 10:41 AM
I would love to see Fanny name 20 better keepers than Joe Hart. Some serious stretching.

Mike Pollitt?

Peter Griffin
February 14th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Frank Fielding:shifty:

Beefy
February 14th, 2013, 10:45 AM
Dont agree with that at all. Hart gets an easier break from the English press because he is the first English goalkeeper to come along in a long while who doesnt have the 'dodgy keeper' tag that have haunted other English goalkeepers. However, it now seems to be moving around to him too.

This is a contradiction. You're saying he gets an easy ride because he's English and not dodgy as opposed to English and dodgy. Surely the key point there is that when Hart wasn't making mistakes he wasn't getting criticised. Now he is making mistakes and is being criticised.

English goalkeepers get as much stick in the press as any dodgy keepers can expect. Green, James, Carson, Foster, they're all evidence of that.

De Gea has got flak since he has been in England because he dropped some major clangers straight away, including his first major match. Hart maybe has a bit more credibility in the bank because people have seen the numerous matches that he has put in big performances in the recent past. I stand by my assertion that if Hart played for United and De Gea played for City it would be Hart who would be under the microscope. Begovic will be in the same boat next year.

Hlebsfall
February 14th, 2013, 10:47 AM
De Gea also cost about 20m as well. For that sort of money you should be expecting a bit more for bang for your buck.

Gary J
February 14th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Fannys estimate of 20 being better then Hart might not be far off as I can think of 10 straight away.

Casillas , Buffon , Cech , Abbiati , Neuer , Julio Cesar , Lloris , Diego Lopez , Caballero , De Gea.

I would put Sergio Romero on there too but I maybe overrating him due to my FM game.

Hlebsfall
February 14th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Diego Lopez? If last night was anything to go by, I'd put him in a list somewhere just in front of my nan, and just behind Dave Benson Phillips.

Simon
February 14th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Fannys estimate of 20 being better then Hart might not be far off as I can think of 10 straight away.

Casillas , Buffon , Cech , Abbiati, Neuer , Julio Cesar , Lloris , Diego Lopez , Caballero , De Gea.

Well in your top ten I would immediately dismiss three and can't comment on Abbiati or Caballero as I don't see them play. Even Julio Cesar was shit for the past couple of years (while Hart was superb) and has only come good again in the past 6 months. I'd have Valdes ahead of Hart though, criminally underrated IMO. Hart would probably scrape into a top ten based on the past couple of years - a shaky six months recently isn't enough to dismiss him, especially when you're willing to big up Cesar and De Gea who have only been good for the past few months after a long period of being ropey.

El Capitano Gatisto
February 14th, 2013, 11:35 AM
De Gea's ability on crosses is intensely scrutinised, whereas Hart's woeful ability to deal with balls into the box is totally ignored. Hart's shot-stopping is now letting him down which is the only reason he is attracting attention now. Hart is a few years older than De Gea and has played in England his whole career so has no excuse for being shit on corners and crosses. He's just bad at it. De Gea isn't great either but the emphasis put on this aspect of his game is absurd given that few keepers around now are genuinely reliable and dominant under a high ball.

Bennedy
February 14th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Yeah, Joe Hart is not better than Cech. Not sure why Simon has crossed him out.

Beefy
February 14th, 2013, 11:46 AM
De Gea is worse than Hart on crosses. Even last night in his supposed goalkeeping masterclass he was pathetic on pretty much every ball into the box including flapping at at least one in the first half which should have resulted in a goal.

Of course most keepers are pretty poor on crosses nowadays.

Simon
February 14th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Yeah, Joe Hart is not better than Cech. Not sure why Simon has crossed him out.

Cech is just a decent keeper nowadays. Not as shit as he was for a couple of years after his brain got smashed in, but nowhere near as good as he was prior to that.

Beefy
February 14th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Cech has had a bit of a renaissance the last 18 months, I think. He's been getting back to where he was five years ago.

Bennedy
February 14th, 2013, 12:06 PM
He was superb for us last season. He has been a bit poorer under Benitez but I would still have him ahead of Hart.