PDA

View Full Version : Rajah Fantasy Football 2012/13 Draft Thread (All Done)

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8

Jay
July 23rd, 2012, 3:51 PM
Martin Boyle was on my list, but thankfully he wasn't one of my FAVE FIVE.

Jay
July 23rd, 2012, 3:54 PM
Anthony Stokes (Celtic)

Anthony Stokes (Celtic)
Jake Speight (Mansfield Town)

GO TOPPING GOAh, Stokesy :(

After almost two years, he'll always have a place in my heart, but he's such a frustrating bellend at times. Get ready to hurl copious amounts of abuse at Neil Lennon for inexcusably dropping him.

BBF
Ideally everyone would do what connor just did. Post your pick, then log onto twitter and prompt the next person.

Lovely system.

connorboy
I hurl copious amounts of abuse at Neil Lennon anyway so nothing will change there

da_man
Andrew Mangan (Fleetwood Town)

Squad:
Fernando Torres (Chelsea)
Andrew Mangan (Fleetwood Town)

Andy
July 23rd, 2012, 4:01 PM
Stokes and Boyle are two good picks. They were both near the top of my list.

UK Blue
July 23rd, 2012, 4:02 PM
This is gonna get stuck on Simon until tomorrow, I can see it :irked:

Gary J
July 23rd, 2012, 4:03 PM
Christopher Templeman (Forfar)

Squad :

Chris Scott
July 23rd, 2012, 4:04 PM
Ah, Stokesy :(

After almost two years, he'll always have a place in my heart, but he's such a frustrating bellend at times. Get ready to hurl copious amounts of abuse at Neil Lennon for inexcusably dropping him.

Yeah and then you gave him to me.

Beefy
July 23rd, 2012, 4:04 PM
This is gonna get stuck on Simon until tomorrow, I can see it :irked:

When it gets to him I'll send him messages on Facebook, twitter and PSN. We'll get him.

EDIT - that'll be now.

Gary J
July 23rd, 2012, 4:05 PM
Boyle was on my list but then i read he was on his way to Aberdeen so his name got crossed off.

Jay
July 23rd, 2012, 4:10 PM
Yeah and then you gave him to me.I'd had enough by that point. It was too frustrating seeing him sat on the bench, while that useless donkey, Samaras, was on the pitch and doing nothing. Tough love.

MMH
July 23rd, 2012, 4:13 PM
Ringo hasnt posted since july the 5th which leads me to think he aint joining us....

da_man
July 23rd, 2012, 4:14 PM
Dave, any feedback would be appreciated on whether you think your boy from last season Mangan is a good, bad or indifferent pick.

MMH
July 23rd, 2012, 4:24 PM
I think Mangan is a decent pick for what its worth.

Oh and cheers to Beefy for constantly updating the posts at the start of the thread when im not around. Much appreciated. Oh and check your PMs.

Simon
July 23rd, 2012, 4:33 PM
Setting myself for another fall here but assuming he isn't gone, Darren Bent (Aston Villa)

UK Blue
July 23rd, 2012, 4:36 PM
http://www.bournemouth.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/photos/get-photo.asp?photoid=1046

Matt Tubbs (Bournemouth)

MMH
July 23rd, 2012, 4:37 PM
Ah the FC Mighto Mollyhock stalwart. I think I have had him 3 times now.

Could be a great pick to be honest.

Thats to Darren Bent not Matt fucking Tubbs.

Beefy
July 23rd, 2012, 4:39 PM
Bent is a great pick. Tubbs, not so much.

da_man
July 23rd, 2012, 4:40 PM
Bloody hell, I don't have another pick until about October now. :grumpy:

Bad Collin
July 23rd, 2012, 4:41 PM
I was hoping one of those two would slip through the end of the second round :(

UK Blue
July 23rd, 2012, 4:41 PM
I wasn't going to go for Tubbs but this article persuaded me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18901669

Torn
July 23rd, 2012, 4:43 PM
"Tubbs staying in division where he scores less goals" persuaded you?

UK Blue
July 23rd, 2012, 4:46 PM
It was more the fully fit, eager to do well for his hometown club part.

Hey Torn, remember when you said Grant Holt would never make it in League One?

Dave
July 23rd, 2012, 4:47 PM
I wasn't going to go for Tubbs but this article persuaded me.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18901669An article that said he wasn't going to drop back down a division?

Bent was quite high on my list.

As for Andy Mangan, I had him pegged as a 4th round pick. If he plays he'll probably do reasonably well, but Fleetwood have already splashed some cash on players with proven league goalscoring records, and will undoubetly spend a little more before the summer's out..

Bad Collin
July 23rd, 2012, 4:47 PM
Perhaps it was the hat trick against Wessex league superstars New Milton.

connorboy
July 23rd, 2012, 4:49 PM
Bent could be a fantastic pick. One of the best finishers in the premier league easily

Bad Collin
July 23rd, 2012, 4:52 PM
I think Bent is one of the picks of the round. He did shit last year but who wouldn't under McLeish? He should be set for 20 league goals.

Jay
July 23rd, 2012, 4:52 PM
Oh, is Rip taking Ringo's place, then? Good.

Dave
July 23rd, 2012, 4:55 PM
Bent is currently injured though. I'd still have had him at this point - only a few players on my list ahead of him.

Beefy
July 23rd, 2012, 4:56 PM
Oh, is Rip taking Ringo's place, then? Good.

Looks like it although it's a though job to be dropped in with just a few minutes notice and no knowledge of the game.

Jay
July 23rd, 2012, 5:00 PM
Yeah, I think it'd be good if Rip is allowed to take as long as he wants/needs, so he can draw up a list and ask any questions he has about the game. There's no real rush, as we've pretty much made it through the first round, which tends to be the slowest, in about twenty-four hours.

We should have been a lot stricter and just told Ringo no, especially after he vanished last season.

Beefy
July 23rd, 2012, 5:02 PM
I doubt that Rosk will be back tonight anyway.

MMH
July 23rd, 2012, 5:04 PM
I wanted to give him a chance but yeah he was the only manager who didnt check in again this year so i didnt see things changing. Rosk has still got to pick and im sure Hurley will be around later so maybe he can leave his two picks with somebody and then when Rip is ready we are good to go.

Torn
July 23rd, 2012, 5:07 PM
I wanted to try and avoid the forums tomorrow to not get Raw #1000 spoilt but I'll come in here to pick so NO CUNTING SPOILERS CUNTS.

Good move replacing Ringo definitely.

Andy
July 23rd, 2012, 5:13 PM
So does Ringo/Rip swap places with Hurley and go last?

Bent is a great pick by the way, really good. Should be in a team built around his strengths and playing good football. Shocked he was still available.

Torn
July 23rd, 2012, 5:16 PM
In all this Bent discussion let's not ignore that BBF kept him in his team all last season only to drop him right at the end for some bum when he could have kept him, then kept Tevez who will probably go abroad.

Beefy
July 23rd, 2012, 5:18 PM
That's not quite what happened, although for the purposes of comedy let's all point and laugh at BBF.

BBF
July 23rd, 2012, 5:20 PM
Thats not nearly what happened. Sorry lads I should've signed Matt Tubbs for not dropping down.

Dave
July 23rd, 2012, 5:22 PM
Thats not nearly what happened. Sorry lads I should've signed Matt Tubbs for not dropping down.Well he couldn't pick Kevin Davies, so I suppose Tubbs was the next best option...

BBF
July 23rd, 2012, 5:24 PM
I am literally going to shit on all of your doorsteps when KDav scores 20+ this season. I expect full and frank apologies from you all when this happens.

Torn
July 23rd, 2012, 5:24 PM
That's not quite what happened, although for the purposes of comedy let's all point and laugh at BBF.

Thats not nearly what happened. Sorry lads I should've signed Matt Tubbs for not dropping down.

This definitely happened!

Dave
July 23rd, 2012, 5:25 PM
I am literally going to shit on all of your doorsteps when KDav scores 20+ this season. I expect full and frank apologies from you all when this happens.Like how Richard Brodie did last season?

Beefy
July 23rd, 2012, 5:26 PM
This definitely happened!

Not really. BBF only had Bent for a couple of weeks then he picked up a long term injury. BBF tried to get a few trades for him and when he couldn't he swapped him out.

MMH had Bent for most of the season. He swapped him to me for Yakubu and I swapped Bent for BWP just before Bent died.

Torn
July 23rd, 2012, 5:27 PM
He kept him for a while, it was after the keeper deadline I believe.

Andy
July 23rd, 2012, 5:27 PM
Rip and Hurley should swap, yes?

Beefy
July 23rd, 2012, 5:28 PM
Rip and Hurley should swap, yes?

Don't think so. Hurley has gone after all the other new sides (Simon, Rosk, UK Blue)

Andy
July 23rd, 2012, 5:30 PM
Oh yeah. How did that end up happening? I don't mind, just assumed all the new people would be at the end. I'm not going mad am I, Hurley was here last year yeah?

MMH
July 23rd, 2012, 5:57 PM
Oh yeah. How did that end up happening? I don't mind, just assumed all the new people would be at the end. I'm not going mad am I, Hurley was here last year yeah?

He was relegated though.

Andy
July 23rd, 2012, 6:02 PM
Ahhhhh

Grimario
July 23rd, 2012, 6:12 PM
Davies currently ranks 87 on BCWROGS making him the second lowest rated first draft pick so far (Baloteli is ranked 89)

I honestly don't understand how BCWRONGS works.

The guy that scored seventeen goals for the Premier League champions is below the guy that has scored around 17 in TWO seasons for a shit boring relegated side like Bolton?

Bad Collin
July 23rd, 2012, 6:18 PM
I have factored in that Davies is dropping a division.

The Rosk
July 23rd, 2012, 7:19 PM
Im here lads give me 5

The Rosk
July 23rd, 2012, 7:23 PM
Jermaine Beckford (Leicester)

The Rosk
July 23rd, 2012, 7:56 PM
Rip/rIngo????

Grimario
July 23rd, 2012, 8:24 PM
Ergh. Almost 30 more picks before my go. I fear I won't get to make it before I leave for the weekend :(

The Rosk
July 23rd, 2012, 8:36 PM
If you want to leave me a list go for it

Jay
July 23rd, 2012, 8:37 PM
We've got through twenty-two picks in about thirty hours and that was with a big delay this afternoon. I'll be very surprised if we're not halfway through the fourth round by the weekend.

The Rosk
July 23rd, 2012, 8:40 PM
Hurley?

Grimario
July 23rd, 2012, 8:51 PM
We've got through twenty-two picks in about thirty hours and that was with a big delay this afternoon. I'll be very surprised if we're not halfway through the fourth round by the weekend.
I leave on Thursday morning which will make it Wednesday evening for you lot, I think.

If you want to leave me a list go for it
In a stroke of good fortune (not, ffs), turns out I will probably have to log on and work a bit on Thursday whilst in the midst of an 8 hour drive, so I will hopefully be able to pick without too much delay.

On the weekend proper though, I shall send a short version of my list to a few of you lovely people :yes:

Canuck
July 23rd, 2012, 9:21 PM
Hurley?

I can make picks then?

Jay
July 23rd, 2012, 9:38 PM
Yes.

The Rosk
July 23rd, 2012, 9:53 PM
I am ready to go.

Canuck
July 23rd, 2012, 9:53 PM
Ok, I've been busy with school/company/building the past couple of weeks, so I haven't had a lot of time for research. #excusesforshitpicks

Demba Ba (Newcastle)
Kevin Doyle (Wolves)

Just hoping both stay.

The Rosk
July 23rd, 2012, 9:57 PM
Jon Daly (Dundee United)
Jermaine Beckford (Leicester)

Hope they keep him upfront.

Torn
July 23rd, 2012, 9:57 PM
Hold up, why the fuck has Rip/Ringo/Whatever been skipped?

Christopherson
July 23rd, 2012, 11:23 PM
Right lads, if these picks still stands then I'm only 4 picks away. Thing is I don't have a list and I'm away tomorrow morning and early afternoon. I should be on about 4 pm maybe earlier depends how long I am in Glasgow (I don't have a smart phone so I can't keep update to with the thread when I'm out either).

Promise I'll try to be as quick as possible.

MMH
July 24th, 2012, 3:29 AM
Bloody hell lads its Rips turn!

The Rosk
July 24th, 2012, 3:51 AM
Jay said go. i went with experience.

Beefy
July 24th, 2012, 3:59 AM
Jesus Christ. It's all fallen apart.

It's Rip's turn. Then Hurley gets two picks. The Rip picks again. Then Rosk gets a pick.

Grimario
July 24th, 2012, 4:01 AM
I think Jay deserves a 3 point deduction for getting us in this farcical situation.

RFF Champ
July 24th, 2012, 4:05 AM
Right lads, if these picks still stands then I'm only 4 picks away. Thing is I don't have a list and I'm away tomorrow morning and early afternoon. I should be on about 4 pm maybe earlier depends how long I am in Glasgow (I don't have a smart phone so I can't keep update to with the thread when I'm out either).

Promise I'll try to be as quick as possible.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeesssshhhhhh

MMH
July 24th, 2012, 4:09 AM
Jay said go. i went with experience.

Three point deduction for Jay then I reckon.

Rip
July 24th, 2012, 4:12 AM
Right, only got the message from Beef last night as I was off to kip, not being a twat I'll let the ones I missed go through since I din't want them anyhow :D

Correct me if I'm wrong but I get one then two yeah?

Lee Trundle (Preston North End)

Steven Elliot (Coventry City)

RFF Champ
July 24th, 2012, 4:13 AM
Just two picks for the time being, ripper. Welcome aboard.

Rip
July 24th, 2012, 4:16 AM
Aye, sorted it takes some getting your head round when you first try and untangle the thread!

RFF Champ
July 24th, 2012, 4:16 AM
Right, UK BLUE's go.

Grimario
July 24th, 2012, 4:19 AM
Right, only got the message from Beef last night as I was off to kip, not being a twat I'll let the ones I missed go through since I din't want them anyhow :D

Correct me if I'm wrong but I get one then two yeah?

Lee Trundle (Preston North End)

Steven Elliot (Coventry City)

Welcome aboard :hyper:

Start being a twat. Being nice gets you nothing, apparently.

PS. Hope Trundle and Elliot break their legs in pre-season.

Beefy
July 24th, 2012, 4:21 AM
Three point deduction for Jay then I reckon.

It should be applied to last season's tally.

So I now get Hooper.

Beefy
July 24th, 2012, 4:22 AM
Right, Simon, Gary J, da_man, connorboy then Christopherson who hasn't left a list again.

MMH
Lee Trundle...blimey theres a blast from the past. Interesting pick. Welcome aboard Rip if you need any help just ask. We have some messed up rules somewhere but just for the draft now basically you are picking goalscorers from any teams in the Premiership, Championship, League 1, League 2 and conference and any of the Scottish leagues.

You seem to get it anyway so thats good.

Hurleys and Rosks picks count then and yeah on to UK Blue.

RFF Champ
Right, Simon, Gary J, da_man, connorboy then Christopherson who hasn't left a list again.

UK Blue before Simon

Rip
July 24th, 2012, 4:23 AM
Welcome aboard :hyper:

Start being a twat. Being nice gets you nothing, apparently.

PS. Hope Trundle and Elliot break their legs in pre-season.

Cheers.

To be fair mate a broken leg probably wouldn't hurt Trundles game much.

Beefy
July 24th, 2012, 4:23 AM
UK Blue before Simon

Good point well made.

MMH
July 24th, 2012, 4:24 AM
It should be applied to last season's tally.

So I now get Hooper.

Agreed, Im gonna dock Alex 3 points as well for letting it happen somehow. Ill make my Euro pick next....

RFF Champ
July 24th, 2012, 4:25 AM
3 points off you makes us all square, or moves me up the table so I can pick Stuart Beavon at fifth.

Grimario
July 24th, 2012, 4:27 AM
3 points off you makes us all square, or moves me up the table so I can pick Stuart Beavon at fifth.

Looks like another 3 point deduction for bringing the game in to disrepute by publically criticising the administration.

How many more till I go up a spot and can have Marc Richards ahead of Mikey?

MMH
July 24th, 2012, 4:31 AM
Looks like another 3 point deduction for bringing the game in to disrepute by publically criticising the administration.

How many more till I go up a spot and can have Marc Richards ahead of Mikey?

Could take a while....

Oh and Rip, You need a name for your club, preferably a pun on your Rajah name. Oh and your team colours too. :yes:

RFF Champ
July 24th, 2012, 4:36 AM
I have a phone that has an actual keypad with just numbers on it and I can still get to the forums to post on it. Christopherson must still have a 3310.

Beefy
July 24th, 2012, 4:41 AM
He's doing it on purpose. Trying to score a psycological advantage over the rest of us.

RFF Champ
July 24th, 2012, 4:45 AM
He wants the draft to be in the early rounds at the weekend so we all rush into picks off the top of our head.

Simon
July 24th, 2012, 4:48 AM
I've got a toss-up between three at the moment :\

Bad Collin
July 24th, 2012, 4:49 AM
Welcome to the game RIP

RFF Champ
July 24th, 2012, 4:52 AM
I've got a toss-up between three at the moment :\

Get a box, pierce air holes in it, right the name of a different animal relating to a player on each side and flip it. Then go and put it on a colleague's desk for a laugh.

Simon
July 24th, 2012, 4:53 AM
:wtf:

Torn
July 24th, 2012, 4:55 AM
That is the weirdest thing I've read since I read Lee Trundle being drafted in the first round.

RFF Champ
July 24th, 2012, 4:56 AM
It was a reference to your seagull story, which is one of my favourite posts from here. Along with an innocuous post sof made about a talking dog a few years ago that had me in stitches.

Simon
July 24th, 2012, 5:00 AM
Yeah I got the reference I just didn't understand why you made it :eek:

RFF Champ
July 24th, 2012, 5:00 AM
Animal posts make me tick.

The Rosk
July 24th, 2012, 5:05 AM
Kevin Davies and Lee Trundle in the first round djhshsjjsjs

MMH
July 24th, 2012, 5:07 AM
At least Lee Trundle has a history of scoring goals.

A long time ago but still....

Torn
July 24th, 2012, 5:11 AM
They should have picked Jermaine "9 goals" Beckford and a golfer instead.

Rip
July 24th, 2012, 5:20 AM
At least Lee Trundle has a history of scoring goals.

A long time ago but still....

Trundle has started pre-season well, he's in a side with no other goalscorers...

Oh and he left last nights friendly on crutches...FUCK thank you Preston Gazette for not telling me that an hour ago :mad:

No problem though he'll come roaring back in October and end the season on 20 goals

Simon
July 24th, 2012, 5:22 AM
Hahahaha poor old Rip.

Rip
July 24th, 2012, 5:26 AM
Always happens to me when I do these things, I could pick someone who never gets injured EVER and the second I pick him he'll get crushed by a falling elephant seal dropped by a flying circus.

He's just off for precautionary scans not expected to be serious so he should be ok in a week or two though...

Grimario
July 24th, 2012, 5:27 AM
I want to laugh... but since you are new and I wished his leg broken only a short time ago I am going to.

:rofl:

Rip
July 24th, 2012, 5:36 AM
:eek:

It's you... you have the power!

MMH
July 24th, 2012, 5:45 AM
Got your list cheers Rip. A couple of them are taken already but the rest should be fine :yes:

Torn
July 24th, 2012, 6:06 AM
UGH UK BLUE

This is starting to get worryingly close to my second pick now. I've had months knowing exactly who I'll pick for my first one and now have decisions and choices OH GOD.

Beefy
July 24th, 2012, 6:09 AM
UK Fucking Wanker, more like.

Again, he logged in here and read through the thread this morning, saw it was his turn coming up and DIDN'T LEAVE A LIST. ARGHHHHHH!

Simon
July 24th, 2012, 6:13 AM
Once the draft has been picked do we just wait for the season to start? I'm gonna be away for a week or so on my holibobs in middle of August, shouldn't be a problem should it (other than having my starting 5 picked before I go).

MMH
July 24th, 2012, 6:15 AM
Once the draft has been picked do we just wait for the season to start? I'm gonna be away for a week or so on my holibobs in middle of August, shouldn't be a problem should it (other than having my starting 5 picked before I go).

Yeah we would just go off your last posted team.

Bad Collin
July 24th, 2012, 6:27 AM
UGH UK BLUE

This is starting to get worryingly close to my second pick now. I've had months knowing exactly who I'll pick for my first one and now have decisions and choices OH GOD.

Yeah, me too. I have about five people I could pick. Some will probably go though to make my decision earlier. Then there is trying to work out who you and Andy want and who might slip through to round three.

Where is UK Poo?

Beefy
July 24th, 2012, 6:38 AM
According to the 'Members who have read this thread' thing at the bottom of the page, he was in this thread 20 minutes ago. He's no longer logged in though.

:mad:

Simon
July 24th, 2012, 6:38 AM
Hahaha this is a brutal tease.

MMH
July 24th, 2012, 6:39 AM
He was reading the thread when he was being shouted at for not being here (even though he was)

Beefy
July 24th, 2012, 6:40 AM
Here he is.

YEAH WE'RE TALKING ABOUT YOU, UK BLUE. PICK YOUR BLOODY FOOTBALL PLAYER.

UK Blue
July 24th, 2012, 6:42 AM
Sorry guys, I sent my pick to Jay this morning, thought he'd be about.

Michael Chopra (Ipswich)

RFF Champ
I reckon he's taking the fall for Christopherson.

Simon
He's not online on my thing. Only me and "Holy_Hopkins".

Beefy
July 24th, 2012, 6:44 AM
I might have known that Jay would be behind all this.

Si, you're up.

Simon
July 24th, 2012, 6:44 AM
Dave Nugent (Leicester).

Fifteen goals last season in an underperforming Leicester side, and they should improve this season. Hopefully.

I've taken a calculated risk here, as he wasn't my first choice of the three I mentioned before, but I reckon at least one of the other two could continue to fly under the radar whereas Nugent would have gone.

Beefy
July 24th, 2012, 6:47 AM
Si is getting right into this.

Right, just Gary J and then the traditional several hour wait for Christopherson.

Simon
July 24th, 2012, 6:48 AM
Was Badger having a laugh with his picks last year? I don't understand how he ended up with such a shite team.

RFF Champ
July 24th, 2012, 6:51 AM
I like the Nugent pick. Beckford will probably leave Leicester and they've been linked with Heskey which would make Nugent the best goalscorer at the club.

Beefy
July 24th, 2012, 6:53 AM
Badger actually had a decent enough draft last year. We destroyed him for picking Grant Holt in the first round but obviously with hindsight that was a decent pick,

It fell apart for him in Round Six though when he picked up Charlie Adam.

RFF Champ
July 24th, 2012, 6:53 AM
Was Badger having a laugh with his picks last year? I don't understand how he ended up with such a shite team.

He picked Holt first round last year because he hadn't been arsed to make a list so he was rushed. It was strange because he probably put over 10 hours into doing the results for us the season before so you'd think that he'd have a better instinct for actual goalscorers and put a little effort into list.

Then it turned out that if he'd held onto Holt he probably would have been his top goalscorer.

Simon
July 24th, 2012, 6:55 AM
How did he lose Holt?!

RFF Champ
July 24th, 2012, 6:57 AM
How did he lose Holt?!

He dropped him after about a month for a League Two midfielder, if I remember rightly.

Gary J
July 24th, 2012, 6:57 AM
Darius Henderson (Millwall)

Squad :
Darius Henderson (Millwall)

RFF Champ
July 24th, 2012, 7:00 AM
He dropped him after about a month for a League Two midfielder, if I remember rightly.

http://forums.rajah.com/showthread.php?143517-Rajah-Fantasy-Football-11-12-Thread&p=6781706&viewfull=1#post6781706

It's fair to say that Badger's heart wasn't in it last season. The unfolding of Beefy's reaction gave me a smile.

Beefy
July 24th, 2012, 7:00 AM

Sorry lads, my testicles have shrunk....

OUT Charlie Adam (Liverpool), Grant Holt (Norwich)
IN Adam Lallana (Southampton), Danny Spiller (Gillingham)

Updated team...

Kris Commons (Celtic)
Craig Malcolm (Stranraer)
Bryan Prunty (Dumbarton)
Andy Jackson (Morton)
Paul Currie (Berwick Rangers)

Jamie Cureton (Leyton Orient)
Adam Lallana (Southampton)
Danny Spiller (Gillingham)

A 1 in 15 League Two midfielder.

son_of_foley
July 24th, 2012, 7:01 AM
I dont know what the fuck is going on but I havent had a load of these players anywhere near my list eeek

I had a bloody good draft last year as well

Beefy
July 24th, 2012, 7:02 AM
Henderson is a good pick. I had him quite high-up on my list.

son_of_foley
July 24th, 2012, 7:04 AM
Scores in bunches though doesn't he.

Im on a company day tomorrow say may need to throw a list to someone. Hoping I might get my round 3 pick by then though and I've got my list up online.

Springnote is handy for that if anyone is interested.

The Rosk
July 24th, 2012, 7:05 AM
Beckford will get 20+ in the Championship this year. He is 12/1 at most bookies to outscore the division. No issues with him whatsoever, his agent said as much lads.

Bad Collin
July 24th, 2012, 7:07 AM
I'm annoyed that Chopra didn't slip through, I think he will do well this year.

I have two main people in mind now. If they are both still there then I can guarantee that Andy will pick the one I don't.

MMH
July 24th, 2012, 7:08 AM
Beckford will get 20+ in the Championship this year. He is 12/1 at most bookies to outscore the division. No issues with him whatsoever, his agent said as much lads.

Hes been linked with going back to Leeds which wouldnt be a bad move either. He will get goals regardless of where he goes.

Simon
July 24th, 2012, 7:10 AM
Leeds have about a million strikers and have just signed Varney though. Then again Championship clubs seem to love having a shitload of strikers, QPR had about nine on their books when they came up.

son_of_foley
July 24th, 2012, 7:14 AM
Thats Warnocks style.

Varney is more of a winger though. I guess he's this warnocks teams equiv of Tommy Smith maybe

Bad Collin
July 24th, 2012, 7:17 AM
Annoyingly I don't have access to BCWROGS from work so I am going off memory when it comes round to me. Then again St Chris will probably take forever again.

Grimario
July 24th, 2012, 7:31 AM
Annoyingly I don't have access to BCWROGS from work so I am going off memory when it comes round to me. Then again St Chris will probably take forever again.

I will just have a look at the 91-100 range on Grims Sheet of Coloured People The Grim sheet of shitty people my sheet and give you whoever your next pick is likely to be from BCWRONGS.

Bad Collin
July 24th, 2012, 7:43 AM
I might need to leave a list if this goes on too long because I will be at a pub quiz later so I can't be suspiciously checking my phone all the time. Who will be about from six to eleven tonight?

Chris Scott
July 24th, 2012, 7:57 AM
It's ages to my pick, I'll check back in the morning.

SheltonLondon
July 24th, 2012, 8:20 AM
Going to see Kevin Bridges tonight so hopefully Christopherson hurries up tae fuck! Think we should make leaving a list when around just before your pick a RULE. Wish I'd kept Chopra now, just wanted to freshen things up this year and he was pretty poo last season. Read an interview with him promising 30 goals though, guaranteed!

Christopherson
July 24th, 2012, 8:32 AM
Wind your necks in fuck faces it's 12 hours for a reason.

Andy
July 24th, 2012, 8:33 AM
Reading through Beefy and Torn's demolition of Badger has just given me a good five minutes of laughter. Almost as much as the hand from last night.

BBF
St chris trolling away. I love it

Christopherson
Steven Doris (Arbroath)

This getting old thing is fecking rubbish I can't even remember what my team name is.

Christopherson

Martin Boyle (Montrose)
Steven Doris (Arbroath)

Beefy
July 24th, 2012, 8:49 AM
I hoped Doris might slip by for another round or two. Bugger.

turdy picks David Ngog (Bolton Wanderers)

Beefy
July 24th, 2012, 8:51 AM
Going to see Kevin Bridges tonight so hopefully Christopherson hurries up tae fuck! Think we should make leaving a list when around just before your pick a RULE.

Almost inevitably, SheltonLondon has now gone offline without leaving a list.

SheltonLondon
July 24th, 2012, 8:55 AM
Not offline... just looking at porn. Give me 5...

Bad Collin
July 24th, 2012, 8:56 AM
I was hoping Doris would get through to me, nevermind.

Beefy
July 24th, 2012, 9:00 AM
I better start thinking about who to pick.

This is a big round as there's about 40 picks before it comes back to me and by that point who knows who will still be available.

Bad Collin
July 24th, 2012, 9:05 AM
I still have three people in mind. One guaranteed and hopefully Torn and Andy don't gobble up both of the others.

Gary J
July 24th, 2012, 9:08 AM
This getting old thing is fecking rubbish I can't even remember what my team name is.

When you remember it i'll do your teams badge.

Bad Collin
July 24th, 2012, 9:13 AM
Not offline... just looking at porn. Give me 5...

It's been 18 now!!!

Beefy
July 24th, 2012, 9:13 AM
Jay is here so hopefully we can rattle through six or seven picks very quickly.

SheltonLondon
July 24th, 2012, 9:24 AM
St Domingos would like to welcome to the club..... Andre Gray (Luton Town)

http://www.lutontoday.co.uk/webimage/1.3866210.1337612740!image/2253591635.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_595/2253591635.jpg

Charlie Austin (Burnley)
Andre Gray (Luton Town)

Christopherson
July 24th, 2012, 9:25 AM
When you remember it i'll do your teams badge.

Thanks mate. I think you may have done it already it was something like Christal Palace. If I remember correctly (big if), I think you design was brillant but I didn't like the name I choose...something like that.

Bad Collin
July 24th, 2012, 9:26 AM
Right lads, see you at 2.23am [/everyone else]

SheltonLondon
July 24th, 2012, 9:28 AM
I still don't have one of those badges or witty names, brain trust assemble...

Jay
July 24th, 2012, 9:29 AM
:$

Sorry lads, and to Rip in particular. I wasn't really paying attention last night as I watching Raw. I popped in here, saw Rosk had posted "Hurley?" and then Hurley asked if he could pick. I thought it was his go. The lesson here is: always refer to the thread title. And just ignore me.

Sorry to UK Blue, as well. I haven't been online at all this morning. I'm around all afternoon now, though. Think I'll turn 'invisible mode' off so people can see when I'm here or not, if they wish to leave lists.

SheltonLondon
July 24th, 2012, 9:32 AM
Booooooooooooooooooooo. Shut the fuck up!

SheltonLondon
July 24th, 2012, 9:33 AM
Instantly I regret saying that. Just don't do it again eh champ...

Bad Collin
July 24th, 2012, 9:34 AM
I am going to miss Rory but here is the new Rory...Jamie Longworth (Queens Park)

http://www.clydeandforthmedia.co.uk/output/300/img/2010/07/01/1277990327jamielongworth.jpg

1. FC

Cristiano Ronaldo (Real Madrid)
Jamie Longworth (Queens Park)

Jay
July 24th, 2012, 9:35 AM
Just catching up with the picks now and I'm gutted to see Steven Doris go. He was one of my FAVE FIVE and scored some important goals for me last season.

Oh, you cunt, BC. Another of my FAVE FIVE and another of my favourites from last season.

:(

Christopherson
July 24th, 2012, 9:41 AM
Yep it was a toss up between Longworth and Doris for me. I suspect my list put together in under 30 mins just this afternoon is about to be decimated :nono:, spent ages on it as well, I'm never getting those 30 mins back.

SheltonLondon
July 24th, 2012, 9:42 AM
Should be flying through these this afternoon, non?

Beefy
July 24th, 2012, 9:42 AM
I've got four players I'd be happy with for my next pick and four people in front of me. I'm convinced that Torn, Bad Collin and Jay are about to pick up three of these players. Not sure about Andy (who I've just tried to get in contact with on twitter).

Simon
July 24th, 2012, 9:44 AM
I've got a list of 7 at the moment with at least three that I would expect to still be available next time, although that is miles away at the moment.

Bad Collin
July 24th, 2012, 9:45 AM
I'm surprised Longworth was still available. Hopefully he can repeat his 20 league goals from last season. I still have two people I really want in round three, hopefully Torn and Andy don't take them.

Simon
July 24th, 2012, 9:48 AM
I've stuck with the higher leagues so far, I can't put my trust into players I don't know. Fucking Scottish Third Division, can I pick someone from my league, there was a guy scored 34 last year.

Christopherson
July 24th, 2012, 9:49 AM
I've got four players I'd be happy with for my next pick and four people in front of me. I'm convinced that Torn, Bad Collin and Jay are about to pick up three of these players. Not sure about Andy (who I've just tried to get in contact with on twitter).

You know I'm on the McTwitterverse but it's mainly just for all of my baseball stuff. My user name is oldie but still a goldie mechrisuk. Whats RRF?

Christopherson
July 24th, 2012, 9:53 AM
I've stuck with the higher leagues so far, I can't put my trust into players I don't know. Fucking Scottish Third Division, can I pick someone from my league, there was a guy scored 34 last year.

Seeing how your new and all, just so you know there is a inherent risk to picking the lower league guys no matter how good they are. Invariably every year there is a TON of games called off during the winter and it really does mess you up when it comes to picking your squad. I like my picks but I am going to be nervous when the winter rolls in so I'm going to try and pick up a couple of guys in the top leagues later in the rounds, just to try and even things out a little.

Jay
July 24th, 2012, 9:54 AM
I'm surprised Longworth was still available. Hopefully he can repeat his 20 league goals from last season. I still have two people I really want in round three, hopefully Torn and Andy don't take them.Yeah, I'm surprised as well. I was hoping he'd slip through, but I had a feeling either you or Andy would pick him.

I'm left with three players now for this round, one of which I'm sure Andy is going to sign, and I'm fairly sure Torn is going to sign one of them as well, which would make my decision a lot easier. So long as I get one of them I'll be happy.

Simon
July 24th, 2012, 9:54 AM
Plus if they're playing in the Scottish lower leagues they are more susceptible to things like trenchfoot and hypothermia, or good old-fashioned heart disease.

Bad Collin
July 24th, 2012, 9:56 AM
Also, the lower the league the more likely your player is to be poached by a club in a higher division.

Jay
I love Scottish Division Three. It's been a goldmine for me over the years.

Bad Collin
Yeah, I'm surprised as well. I was hoping he'd slip through, but I had a feeling either you or Andy would pick him.

I'm left with three players now for this round, one of which I'm sure Andy is going to sign, and I'm fairly sure Torn is going to sign one of them as well, which would make my decision a lot easier. So long as I get one of them I'll be happy.

I'm going to sign the third one, sorry mate :(

Torn
July 24th, 2012, 10:02 AM
This might be surprising and I may regret taking a European player this early with 4 out of 7 picks remaining, but there's one out of them all that I really want and all the other Euro players will pick twice again before me. Also due to various downsides to each potential choice I can't decide on a domestic player, so may aswell nail down 25 goals right now.

Falcao (Atletico Madrid)
Wayne Rooney (Manchester United)
Steven Gillespie (Fleetwood)

Beefy
July 24th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Didn't see that one coming, to be honest.

He'll do you well. The lad is a goal machine.

Bad Collin
July 24th, 2012, 10:13 AM
Now where is Andy? I want to make my pick soon so I can concentrate on work for the rest of the afternoon.

Beefy
July 24th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Fuck knows. I've tried to reach him on twitter. He was here a couple of hours ago.

MMH
July 24th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Fuck you Shelton. Fuck you straight in the face.

At least he has gone to a fellow blue I suppose.

MMH
July 24th, 2012, 10:23 AM
Lads I shall be watching raw in sec so if my turn comes up and im missing for like 5 mins or so facebook or tweet me or whatever.

Bad Collin
July 24th, 2012, 11:15 AM
Where is Andy?

Can anyone take a list from me if he doesn't pick in the next 15 minutes. This beer isn't going to drink itself...

Chris Scott
July 24th, 2012, 11:17 AM
Yep Doris was on my radar, had him last season and I think I swapped him to Jay.

Torn
July 24th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Where is Andy?

Can anyone take a list from me if he doesn't pick in the next 15 minutes. This beer isn't going to drink itself...

I'll do it. Bloody Andy.

Beefy
July 24th, 2012, 11:20 AM
I've got to go out after work as well so whilst I'll be able to make my pick by checking on here every half hour or so I'm not the best person to send a list to today.

BBF
July 24th, 2012, 11:25 AM
I can take lists in the evening for whoever

Simon
July 24th, 2012, 11:26 AM
Here's my list BBF

Things BBF is
1. a big twat
2. speccy four eyes
3. twat

Bad Collin
July 24th, 2012, 11:35 AM
Wow, one of the players I was going to include in my list to Torn has a broken leg. Research for the win...

Beefy
July 24th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Fucks sake, Andy. See what you've done now?

Bad Collin
July 24th, 2012, 11:43 AM
Torn's inbox is full so I have sent names to KKR4Eva.

Torn
July 24th, 2012, 11:45 AM
Did not know this, deleted stuff now, it used to tell you it was full!

Torn
July 24th, 2012, 11:46 AM
Wow, one of the players I was going to include in my list to Torn has a broken leg. Research for the win...

OH FFS ANDY

The Rosk
July 24th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Lads please save Gabby Agbonlahor for me. PLease. Just 390 picks to go

Beefy
July 24th, 2012, 12:30 PM
I knew we should have replaced Andy instead of Ringo. Fucking hell.

The Rosk
July 24th, 2012, 12:33 PM
I was genuinely expecting that I would get a few more picks in before the end of the evening. Shame some CUNTS have to ruin it for everyone.

The Rosk
July 24th, 2012, 12:35 PM
http://u.goal.com/163000/163067hp2.jpg
http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/dailyrecord3/feb2012/7/5/jon-daly-dundee-united-image-1-885789096.jpg

The first players in the Baroskona army. A hearty welcome to you both.

BBF
July 24th, 2012, 1:03 PM
Come on Andy you cunt. I've got Col's pick ready and waiting

MMH
July 24th, 2012, 1:49 PM
This is getting silly now.

connorboy
July 24th, 2012, 1:54 PM
HURRY UP ANDY GOD SAKE

Gary J
July 24th, 2012, 2:08 PM
I still don't have one of those badges or witty names, brain trust assemble...

http://desmond.imageshack.us/Himg252/scaled.php?server=252&filename=sheltonlondonmonarchs.png&res=landing

After checking to see if i had indeed done one for Christopherson. I found this SheltonLondon Monarchs badge i made for you.

Bad Collin
July 24th, 2012, 2:08 PM
This is shocking behaviour.

BBF
July 24th, 2012, 2:10 PM
Andy, you are a stupid moron and I hope you get dysentery you piece of sub human scum.

Gary J
July 24th, 2012, 2:16 PM
Andy was telling me earlier how his sex life is like a 100 metre final. "Over in less than 10 seconds?" I laughed. "No" He replied. "I do it with 7 big black men".

Beefy
July 24th, 2012, 3:00 PM
It just occurred to me that I'd not checked this thread in two hours and panicked.

Shit, I thought. It must be my turn by now.

Fucking hell, Andy.

BBF
July 24th, 2012, 3:01 PM
he really is a nasty piece of work.

MMH
July 24th, 2012, 3:16 PM
Know what the worst part is? When you wait for some stupid twat to take ages to make their pick and then they come in and pick the player you wanted next.

son_of_foley
July 24th, 2012, 3:30 PM
I wanted to give him the benefit of the.doubt but.no hes a shit.

Beefy
July 24th, 2012, 3:31 PM
I couldn't give a shit who he picks now. He's ruined Christmas.

The worst part is that he was in this thread about an hour before it was his turn and he must have known that he wouldn't be back.

son_of_foley
July 24th, 2012, 3:32 PM
I sent a list to torn

Beefy
July 24th, 2012, 3:34 PM
I'm going to watch RAW and have a pizza. If it happens to be my pick can someone get me on twitter, please?

Thanks.

Mikey_Jones
July 24th, 2012, 3:43 PM
Fucking hell Andy

Your watches are shit

son_of_foley
July 24th, 2012, 3:44 PM
Yes mikey with the fucking boom

connorboy
July 24th, 2012, 3:54 PM
In other news Cliff Akurang just won a penalty for Chelmsford against Canvey.

Sign him up!

Andy
July 24th, 2012, 4:17 PM
Hi chaps, sorry about the delay, have had a bit of a nightmare day. Didn't realise when I was on before how close it was to me or I would've left a list.

It's a bit worrying hearing people say they think they know who I'll pick because I'm stuck between a few, none of which I feel are very obvious.

Anyway, I'm going to go for a bit of a gamble and welcome back Danny Hattersley (Stockport). He joined them quite late in the season last year but got 6 in 7 starts in a struggling team. Stockport look better equipped this season and they rate him very highly. They've signed him up to a new deal and he's already banging them in in pre-season. I wanted Doris or Longworth, bit disappointed that they both went. I have a feeling Scotland isn't going to be the goldmine it was last year, with people recognising the value in the draft already. Although having said that, I'm sure I said the same thing last year.

Inter Milandy

Lionel Messi (Barcelona)
Sergio Aguero (Manchester City)
Danny Hattersley (Stockport County)

MMH
July 24th, 2012, 4:22 PM
Hi chaps, sorry about the delay, have had a bit of a nightmare day. Didn't realise when I was on before how close it was to me or I would've left a list.

It's a bit worrying hearing people say they think they know who I'll pick because I'm stuck between a few, none of which I feel are very obvious.

Anyway, I'm going to go for a bit of a gamble and welcome back Danny Hattersley (Stockport). He joined them quite late in the season last year but got 6 in 7 starts in a struggling team. Stockport look better equipped this season and they rate him very highly. They've signed him up to a new deal and he's already banging them in in pre-season. I wanted Doris or Longworth, bit disappointed that they both went. I have a feeling Scotland isn't going to be the goldmine it was last year, with people recognising the value in the draft already. Although having said that, I'm sure I said the same thing last year.

Inter Milandy

Lionel Messi (Barcelona)
Sergio Aguero (Manchester City)
Danny Hattersley (Stockport County)

Thats exactly who I was going to take you time wasting git!

Then again you have solved a selection problem for me really. Hes still unproven really but cant grumble with his 8 in 6 record.

Dave
July 24th, 2012, 4:22 PM
I'd had Hattersley pegged as a third-rounder. Probably wouldn't have taken him just yet, as I've still got a few ahead of him on my list.

BBF
July 24th, 2012, 4:24 PM
Bad Collin selects:

Marlon King (Birmingham)

Andy
July 24th, 2012, 4:30 PM
I'd had Hattersley pegged as a third-rounder. Probably wouldn't have taken him just yet, as I've still got a few ahead of him on my list.

Yeah, it's a hard one to judge. If he picks up where he left of last season he's a good pick at this stage, but having only played eight games at that level there's no telling if he will or not. They obviously rate him very highly which is encouraging though.

I was determined not to gamble on too many picks this season but I already have a couple I want to sign in the next round.

Gary J
July 24th, 2012, 4:33 PM
Just waiting for Jay to come on now and tell Beefy it's his pick.

The Rosk
July 24th, 2012, 4:45 PM
Cheers for completely fannying out of our bet, Gary J.

Gary J
July 24th, 2012, 4:46 PM
I am actually working on that website as i type this. It is proving a bit more difficult then i thought but am making progress now.

MMH
July 24th, 2012, 5:03 PM
Great now Jay has popped in and then buggered off.

Beefy
July 24th, 2012, 5:05 PM
Yes. It's irritating.

The Rosk
July 24th, 2012, 5:05 PM
Ahshadhahsa sad bastards.

Jay
July 24th, 2012, 5:10 PM
Just waiting for Jay to come on now and tell Beefy it's his pick.:D

I knew you'd sign Hattersley, Andy. He was one of my FAVE FIVE and who I was referring to earlier.

Anyhow, Jayventus are proud to welcome aboard:

http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/javaImages/2d/2d/0,,10341~9121069,00.jpg
Jordan Rhodes (Huddersfield)
Gary Hooper (Celtic)
David Ball (Fleetwood)

Jay
July 24th, 2012, 5:11 PM
Great now Jay has popped in and then buggered off.Sorry, I was literally torn between two players and was doing a bit of last minute reading to come to a decision. I ended up flipping a coin in the end. It's what I did last year with Rhodes/Maynard and that worked out pretty well in the end.

Andy
July 24th, 2012, 5:13 PM
ahaha you guys know me better than I know myself. :lol:

I have a soft spot for Hattersley obviously but I only decided on him late this afternoon. I love how at least two people knew that before I did. :D

MMH
July 24th, 2012, 5:13 PM
Sorry, I was literally torn between two players and was doing a bit of last minute reading to come to a decision. I ended up flipping a coin in the end. It's what I did last year with Rhodes/Maynard and that worked out pretty well in the end.

Open a new tab and stop teasing us!

Andy
July 24th, 2012, 5:14 PM
If you flip a coin you have to do a live video of it.

Beefy
July 24th, 2012, 5:14 PM
Fucking hell Jay. I'd just this second decided to go for him myself.

I'm slightly undecided between three. I know the safe option of the three but I think I'm going to go for a bit of a gamble and sign Fabio Borini

AFC Beefy
Jon Shaw (Luton Town)
Freddy Eastwood (Southend United)
Fabio Borini (Liverpool)

Dave
July 24th, 2012, 5:19 PM
Billy Kee (Burton Albion)

Recovering from injury, but I'd expected him to go in the 1st so I'm delighted to get him in the third.

Davalencia
Mario Gomez (Bayern Munich)
Emmanuel Adebayor (Man City)

MMH
July 24th, 2012, 5:20 PM
WHERE IS ALEX?!

Jay
July 24th, 2012, 5:21 PM
If you flip a coin you have to do a live video of it.I was going to, but I didn't want to hold up proceedings any longer, as I'd already spent about half an hour mulling it over at the last minute.

Fucking hell Jay. I'd just this second decided to go for him myself.Ah, sorry. Although I'm doubly pleased I picked him now, as one of the deciding factors in picking Ball was a hope that the other player will still be available once it comes back to me.

Jay
July 24th, 2012, 5:22 PM
Ah, sorry. Although I'm doubly pleased I picked him now, as one of the deciding factors in picking Ball was a hope that the other player will still be available once it comes back to me.

Recovering from injury, but I'd expected him to go in the 1st so I'm delighted to get him in the third.

Well there goes that little bit of hope I had.

Andy
July 24th, 2012, 5:51 PM
I had him high on my list too. My list of realistic picks (ie not ridiculous risky 7th/8th round picks) is down to 14.

UK Blue
July 24th, 2012, 5:52 PM
Who should I leave a list with tomorrow then?

It's very difficult for me to get on here when I'm at work. Just about managed to today but the reason it seemed like I was viewing the thread for ages then left was because my shit phone cannot handle Rajah forums and pretty much crashes whenever I try to log in here on it. Keep that in mind if it looks like I'm being a fanny when it's my pick.

MMH
July 24th, 2012, 5:55 PM
Leave a list with me if you want.

Jay
July 24th, 2012, 5:58 PM
I had him high on my list too. My list of realistic picks (ie not ridiculous risky 7th/8th round picks) is down to 14.Ball was the one I wanted; I just thought there was a better chance of Kee flying under the radar since he's been out injured for a while, whereas Ball's obviously been in the news recently.

Mikey_Jones
July 24th, 2012, 6:00 PM
Alex is just about to give me his pick via twitter since he can't get the box to load up his post on his iPod.

Mikey_Jones
July 24th, 2012, 6:03 PM
Alex picks Leon Best (Blackburn)

Papiss Demba Cisse (Newcastle)
Stuart Beavon (Wycombe Wanderers)
Leon Best (Blackburn)

UK Blue
July 24th, 2012, 6:05 PM
Bloody Leon Best. Ooooowaahhagheiiofoofofoohgohohojooko

SheltonLondon
July 24th, 2012, 6:07 PM
I see my pick is coming up soon, just having a bevvy in town and will make my pick when I'm back home in about half hour.

Pablo Diablo
July 24th, 2012, 6:10 PM
Everyone send me your lists. I'll run through the entire daft tonight.

son_of_foley
July 24th, 2012, 6:14 PM
Kee was high up my list but there's the nagging doubt of championship interest

MMH
July 24th, 2012, 6:14 PM
With their third round pick of the Rajah Fantasy Football 2012/13 draft FC Mighto Molly Hollyhock are delighted to announce the signing of...

Lukas Podolski (Arsenal)

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/928/squadrs.jpg

Very unlike me to have two premiership players but his potential this low down the order was worth a go. A lot depends on if RVP goes or he might spend time out wide but I am very surprised he is still available.