PDA

View Full Version : 2013 WWE Hall of Fame

One Man Gang
April 3rd, 2012, 1:49 AM
Might as well start the speculation. The fact that ceremony will be in the New York/New Jersey area will likely play a part in who gets inducted.

Mick Foley is probably a heavy favorite for headliner. The day after they announced WrestleMania 29 would be in New York, Michael Cole said on Smackdown that Booker T is a "soon to be hall of famer." Joey Styles is pushing for Paul Heyman on twitter. There are two super heavyweights from New Jersey, those being King Kong Bundy and Bam Bam Bigelow. Something tells me they'll go with the latter. While WrestleMania is going to be at the Giants Stadium, I doubt Lawrence Taylor goes in the celebrity wing. They'll likely pick Donald Trump. But my personal choice would be Cyndi Lauper. It wouldn't shock me if Carlos Colon finally went in after all these years. Sable is probably now a frontrunner on the Diva side of things. John Bradshaw Layfield might also be a favorite given his New York connections.

Can a miracle happen and Bruno Sammartino finally put his pride aside? No. So don't even dabble in that. Maybe by next year, Bob Backlund will decide he's retired though. It's possible they could induct the Destroyer next year since he's not getting any younger or maybe Angelo Savoldi. I am hoping for Toots Mondt or Adrian Adonis to be considered.

Current Inductees

Andre the Giant

"Nature Boy" Buddy Rogers
"Classy" Freddie Blassie
Gorilla Monsoon
Chief Jay Strongbow
Bobo Brazil
Arnold Skaaland
James Dudley

Antonino Rocca
The Fabulous Moolah
George "the Animal" Steele
Pedro Morales
The Grand Wizard
"Big Cat" Ernie Ladd
"Polish Power" Ivan Putski

Vincent J. McMahon
"Superfly" Jimmy Snuka
Captain Lou Albano
Killer Kowalski
Pat Patterson
Jimmy Valiant
Johnny Valiant
Baron Mikel Scicluna
Johnny Rodz

Bobby "the Brain" Heenan
"Superstar" Billy Graham
Harley Race
Sgt. Slaughter
Jesse "the Body" Ventura
Junkyard Dog
Greg "the Hammer" Valentine
Don "the Rock" Muraco
Big John Studd
"El Matador" Tito Santana
Pete Rose

Hulk Hogan
"Rowdy" Roddy Piper
The Iron Sheik
Nikolai Volkoff
"The Mouth of the South" Jimmy Hart
"Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff
"Cowboy" Bob Orton Jr

Bret "Hitman" Hart
Verne Gagne
Eddie Guerrero
"Sensational" Sherri Martel
"Mean" Gene Okerlund
Blackjack Lanza
Blackjack Mulligan
"Mr USA" Tony Atlas
William "the Refrigerator" Perry

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes
Jerry "the King" Lawler
Nick Bockwinkel
Jim Ross
"Mr. Perfect" Curt Hennig
The Original Sheik
Mr. Fuji
Wild Samoan Afa
Wild Samoan Sika

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair
Gordon Solie
Jack Brisco
Gerald Brisco
Eddie Graham
"Soulman" Rocky Johnson
High Chief Peter Maivia
Mae Young

"Stone Cold" Steve Austin
Ricky "the Dragon" Steamboat
Terry Funk
Dory Funk Jr.
"Cowboy" Bill Watts
Fritz Von Erich
Kerry Von Erich
David Von Erich
Kevin Von Erich
Mike Von Erich
Chris Von Erich
Howard Finkel
Koko B. Ware

"The Million Dollar Man" Ted DiBiase
Antonio Inoki
Gorgeous George
"Mad Dog" Maurice Vachon
Stu Hart
Wendi Richter
Bob Uecker

"The Heartbreak Kid" Shawn Michaels
Road Warrior Animal
Road Warrior Hawk
Paul Ellering
"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan
Abdullah the Butcher
"Bullet" Bob Armstrong
Sunny
Drew Carey

Edge
"Nature Boy" Ric Flair
"The Enforcer" Arn Anderson
Tully Blanchard
Barry Windham
J.J. Dillon
Mil Mascaras
Yokozuna
Ron Simmons
"Iron" Mike Tyson

Big
April 3rd, 2012, 3:57 AM
I'd like to see this class go in:

Randy Savage & Miss Elizabeth
Warrior
King Kong Bundy
Sable
New Age Outlaws/DX
Trump (NY/NJ easy appearance)

Rip
April 3rd, 2012, 4:30 AM
I can see one of/both DDP & Bamm Bamm getting in, or DDP inducting Bamm Bamm.
Savage has to get in as the headliner.
With Brock back Sable looks like a lock to go in.
Can't see it being Booker since he's having too much fun wrestling.
JBL would be a nice choice for NY as well, Ron to induct him.
I think we might get another faction in which case I'd think the Freebirds could get in.
Celebrity I'd be shocked if it wasn't Trump.

evilyn
April 3rd, 2012, 7:12 AM
You forgot Jacqueline. If you can list Torrie Wilson and Stacy Keibler, who did next to nothing in the business, then you can certainly add Jackie, who is a former women's and cruiserweight champion.

lotjx
April 3rd, 2012, 10:05 AM
Foley would be a lock to me with Mania in NYC maybe have Rock or Austin induct him. Warrior is not getting in nor his Savage, Liz and Owen til the families either acquiesce or Vince pays them all a shit ton of cash. Trump is another person who would fit into the celebrity wing and in NY. I also think this will be Trish's year if Toronto is not in the cards for awhile.

One Man Gang
April 3rd, 2012, 7:53 PM
You forgot Jacqueline. If you can list Torrie Wilson and Stacy Keibler, who did next to nothing in the business, then you can certainly add Jackie, who is a former women's and cruiserweight champion.

Honestly, I only listed Keibler and Wilson because of who they're dating and general liking WWE has for them. I could probably list a dozen other women who could certainly out wrestle those two and contributed more in terms of physicality, but they're likely not even on the radar sadly.

JRSlim21
April 3rd, 2012, 7:56 PM
Foley and the Steiners are at the top of my short list of the living. Rick Rude, Savage & Elizabeth for the deceased. Celebrity is a tough 1. Trump is a easy one, considering Wrestlemania IV as well. If not them, Taylor considering Mania will be in the home of the Giants

One Man Gang
April 3rd, 2012, 8:06 PM
One good thing is that it seems like TNA is no longer a barrier when it comes to inductions.

Kneeneighbor
April 3rd, 2012, 9:05 PM
Foley and the Steiners are at the top of my short list of the living. Rick Rude, Savage & Elizabeth for the deceased. Celebrity is a tough 1. Trump is a easy one, considering Wrestlemania IV as well. If not them, Taylor considering Mania will be in the home of the Giants

Trump Plaza also hosted WM V

Hero!
April 3rd, 2012, 9:09 PM
Taker.
Macho.
that's it.

DaSaintFan
April 4th, 2012, 3:17 PM

You'd have thought that Mr. T was a lock by now.. he was part of what made wrestlemania, Wrestlemania

One Man Gang
April 4th, 2012, 4:48 PM
You'd have thought that Mr. T was a lock by now.. he was part of what made wrestlemania, Wrestlemania

They asked Mr T and he turned them down. He's pretty bitter about about Pete Rose going in before him.

kpn
April 4th, 2012, 7:56 PM
Foley
Macho Man
Miss Elizabeth
Chyna

Foley is the only one I think is almost a certainty, though I am usually wrong about that sort of stuff.

JRSlim21
April 4th, 2012, 8:59 PM
Trump Plaza also hosted WM V

Thank you. Was too lazy to look it up, but I knew it hosted 2 Manias.

Kneeneighbor
April 4th, 2012, 11:01 PM
Yeah they were back to back... Funny side note if you look at the ring appron for WM V is is the same one used for WM IV they simply removed the I but you can still see the outline from where it was... Thats how Donald Trump saved a buck!

the_man_diva
April 5th, 2012, 5:10 AM
Undertaker's last year is presumably 2013. If that's the case, I don't want him going into the Hall of Fame next year, because it's almost kind of a dead giveaway (ala Ric Flair) if they plan on having him lose at 'Mania. I say, save Undertaker for WrestleMania 30's Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony in 2014; the streak is synonymous with 'Mania, so it makes sense that 'Taker would headline that HOF. I'm really torn on who should go into the HOF in 2013 and then in 2014; I'm shocked 'Mania 29 will be in NY considering the first 'Mania was in NY and you'd think they'd have the 30th anniversary there and hold off ... it's just odd. So, with my stance in mind about making the 30th 'Mania special, and having Undertaker headline that HOF, who would go into the HOF in 2013?

Mick Foley
Donald Trump
Sable <--- Brock Lesnar is only back for a year, get her in NOW. PS: She used to be billed as being from Buffalo before Jacksonville.
Bam Bam Bigelow
The Fabulous Freebirds OR The Vachon Family (Mad Dog, Butcher, Vivian, & Luna)
Diamond Dallas Page
Paul Heyman <--- NY connection AND credited for inspiring the Attitude Era with ECW.

I feel that's an interesting and pretty good HOF class; broadcast Trump, Foley, and Sable (or maybe Heyman as well), and you've got some good stuff there to watch.

Then, in 2014, go ALL OUT with a blockbuster Hall of Fame class - The Undertaker, Randy Savage, Miss Elizabeth, Cyndi Lauper and maybe a few others. Just a thought.

sam_elmendorf
April 5th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Mad Dog is already in (2010). I don't think they'll do another double inductee unless they induct Evolution before that. Just saying. I don't know.

Savage and Elizabeth for sure.
Dick Murdoch
Demolition
Trish Stratus
Honky Tonk Man
Alice Cooper

Derek
April 7th, 2012, 9:45 AM
Randy Savage
Miss Elizabeth
Paul Heyman
Sable
The Fabulous Freebirds
Donald Trump

Ochoa
April 13th, 2012, 8:07 PM
I don't think the location of WrestleMania really matters all that much as to who would get inducted. But I do think Foley is a headliner for next year.

Macho Savage
April 17th, 2012, 4:46 PM
Randy Savage n Elizabeth
Warrior
Jake 'the snake' Roberts
Rick Rude
Newage Outlaws

sam_elmendorf
April 17th, 2012, 6:33 PM
Actually, I think the next time they do a WM in Detroit, they can induct Jake Roberts, Honky Tonk Man and Alice Cooper.

Cewsh
April 17th, 2012, 6:59 PM
Here's who I think actually will go in this year:

Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson
Vincent K. McMahon
Mick Foley
Sable
Donald Trump

One Man Gang
October 8th, 2012, 1:08 PM
Upping this for chatty.

Around this time last year they announced Mil Mascaras, so I wonder if something like that will happen again.

EDIT: Over the summer we have Bruno Sammartino once again turn down HoF induction. We had a bunch of old timers return like Bob Backlund and Cyndi Lauper though. So maybe they'll be asked. Mick Foley is still the favorite.

Not sure about Paul Heyman being inducted anymore because of his current storyline.

Cewsh
October 8th, 2012, 1:32 PM
I really think that Rock and Mick go in together this year.

chatty
October 8th, 2012, 1:37 PM
Well I said these as who I would like:

Owen Hart
Jake Roberts
Demolition Axe and Smash
Randy Savage
Bob Backlund
Bruno Sammartino
Honkey Tonk Man
Rick Rude

Mick Foley makes sense. I could see the Rock as well but I think they'll keep him as the main man for WM 30. Vince is a good shout as well now that he has really cut his tv character down to the minimum, he could be another big name for 30 as well though.

Chris Dolmeth
October 8th, 2012, 1:39 PM
Chuck Norris needs to go in.

Cewsh
October 8th, 2012, 2:23 PM
If Wrestlemania 30 is in New York, then Vince is going in there, and probably Foley too.

Salvy_Mic
October 8th, 2012, 3:54 PM
I think Foley and Savage have to be headliners this year, and I also definitely like Demolition Ax and Smash. What about Mike Rotunda? He's had a very accomplished career, certainly way more than Koko B. Ware ever did. I know they'll probably go with Donald Trump as the celebrity entrant, but how about Muhammad Ali? He was the outside referee in the very first Wrestlemania main event and did the match with Inoki. Certainly did way more than Drew Carey ever did.

Ochoa
October 10th, 2012, 2:42 PM
One year they will induct the Hart Foundation as a group. If Flair can be a double inductee, Bret certainly can be too.

vic vega
October 18th, 2012, 10:07 PM
Jim Johnston....... if there inducting ring announcers why not the dude whos made music for the company for ages

MichaelC
October 18th, 2012, 10:42 PM
I'm all for the Hart Foundation quintet getting in as a team. We wouldn't have had the same late 90s boom without such a wonderful foil for Austins early rise from dark match to main event.

Salvy_Mic
October 19th, 2012, 1:06 AM
Jim Johnston....... if there inducting ring announcers why not the dude whos made music for the company for ages
Oh, absolutely. I'm actually a bit surprised he's not in already.

Defrost
January 13th, 2013, 8:03 PM
Foley and King Kong Bundy are going in

Mills
January 13th, 2013, 8:03 PM
says who?

mth
January 13th, 2013, 8:05 PM
Foley's been announced by WWE.

JRSlim21
January 13th, 2013, 8:06 PM
Foley is announced. Where'd you hear Bundy?

Funboy
January 13th, 2013, 8:12 PM
Delighted for Foley. Who inducts him? I'm thinking Terry Funk. Or maybe JR/HHH if they want to make it a WWE person.

Mills
January 13th, 2013, 8:12 PM
Foley is a no-brainer, I remember hearing about that at a Long Island house show, but never heard about Bundy. I think he's fairly underrated for his 80's run with how bad his 90's run was

MMH
January 13th, 2013, 8:39 PM
One year they will induct the Hart Foundation as a group. If Flair can be a double inductee, Bret certainly can be too.

Three of them being dead doesnt really help. I guess you can just put the tag team in.

PurePlayer
January 13th, 2013, 8:42 PM
Foley is fine and everything, but I was hoping for a name that we don't see often like Warrior, Savage, or Roberts. I know there are issues about inducting the whole Savage family, but I don't see a reason why they can't come to an agreement with Warrior or Roberts.

MMH
January 13th, 2013, 8:45 PM
It would be as good a year as any to induct Roberts as he seems to have got his life sorted out somewhat right now.

Funboy
January 13th, 2013, 9:47 PM
Bundy's twitter: "Sounds like someone listened to the #Bundyholics regarding my Hall of Fame. Huge announcement tomorrow night."

Ochoa
January 14th, 2013, 12:35 AM
Did they announce Foley's induction on tv? I must have missed it.

mth
January 14th, 2013, 12:36 AM
WWE.com

Ochoa
January 14th, 2013, 12:38 AM
Weird. Well it will probably be announced on tv tomorrow. I hope the Freebirds get in this year.

One Man Gang
January 14th, 2013, 1:20 AM
Last year during the two hour RAW we got two inductees announced on the same night. Maybe with three hours they plan on announcing three? Or maybe they're taking advantage of wrestlers being present for tomorrows 20th anniversary show and plan on announcing them live?

Bluegunn
January 14th, 2013, 4:57 AM
Or maybe it will be like the Rumble and Foley will get announced three times for each personality.

chatty
January 14th, 2013, 6:00 AM
Haven't they tried to build bridges with warrior before and he didn't really want them at that time, think it wasn't long after the self destruction DVD.

Jake has said he would do it so if they wanted him it should be more than easy to do.

I think they've tried for Honkey Tonk as well but he said something about them not being able to cover the cost of what he would make doing some indie circuits or something like that.

chatty
January 14th, 2013, 6:02 AM
Demolition need to go in imo, longest reigning tag team and we're massive back in the day. Even though they we're a bit of a Road Warrior rip off, they did what they had to do and got it over. You can leave Crush out if you want though.

OD50
January 14th, 2013, 6:28 AM
New Jersey boy Bam Bam Bigelow would be nice to see inducted.

Bluegunn
January 14th, 2013, 3:14 PM
Demolition need to go in imo, longest reigning tag team and we're massive back in the day. Even though they we're a bit of a Road Warrior rip off, they did what they had to do and got it over. You can leave Crush out if you want though.

And what about Moondog and the Managers, does Fuji get another one or Johnny V? They actually also ripped off the Road Warrior movie (Mad Max 2), not the tag team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfL4xKQeSfo

Defrost
January 14th, 2013, 6:45 PM
Haven't they tried to build bridges with warrior before and he didn't really want them at that time, think it wasn't long after the self destruction DVD.

If by build a bridge you mean write a large check to settle the defamation lawsuit stemming from the DVD then yes

One Man Gang
January 14th, 2013, 6:57 PM
Warrior did a radio interview a few weeks ago basically praising Vince.

One Man Gang
January 15th, 2013, 1:13 AM
BTW, turns out Bundy was announced for some other Hall of Fame.

Defrost
January 15th, 2013, 1:13 AM
Bundy was swerving

chatty
January 15th, 2013, 8:52 AM
And what about Moondog and the Managers, does Fuji get another one or Johnny V? They actually also ripped off the Road Warrior movie (Mad Max 2), not the tag team.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfL4xKQeSfo

I thought the Moondogs we're in already, if not then yeah they should go in. Yeah give Fuji another one, if he was good enough as a wrestler and a manager then why not?

chatty
January 15th, 2013, 8:54 AM
If by build a bridge you mean write a large check to settle the defamation lawsuit stemming from the DVD then yes

Other than that I'm sure I saw something a few years ago where they we're playing with putting him in the HOF and waited for to see if they got a reaction from him. He'd probably be cool about it now, he's moved his beef onto Hogan and Nash.

Bluegunn
January 15th, 2013, 1:48 PM
I was only talking about Moondog Rex since he was the original Smash, but the Moondogs are not in yet. Just figured if Flair gets in with the Horsemen, why not Fuji with Demolition.

Bluegunn
January 15th, 2013, 1:51 PM
Hope the Rumors are true. Kamala gets in the Hall of Fame. Will Kamala finally speak? Doubt Brawler gets in as Kim Chee though Maybe he will induct him. Sad about his amputations.

chatty
January 15th, 2013, 2:21 PM
I forgot Colley was Smash before Darsow, should have clicked really when you mentioned it, was thinking you we're just picking other tagteams as their aren't many in to be honest.

I wouldn't put him in with Demolition, don't think he was in Demolition long before they switched members. I wouldn't have Crush either as he was at the tail end and whilst I thought it was an interesting move at the time, they didn't do much from when Eadie was pushed to the back. So if I did put them in I would just have Eadie, Darsow and Fuji who I think had a very prominent role in the early days of the team. Not sure about valiant, can't really remember him doing much in the team, how long was he their manager?

Jason_HBK
January 15th, 2013, 4:32 PM
Amazing swerve by Bundy, had me goin. He deserves to go in but I never looked at him the same way after he defended that comedian making Owen Hart jokes. I remember Scott Hall got pissed they were making jokes about Owen and started letting em have it but unfortunately he was wasted so he looked pretty bad haha but i thought it was great he took a stand.

ECDUB
January 15th, 2013, 11:07 PM
Was anyone else disappointed they didn't play the usual inductee video introduction for Mick Foley on Raw? I'm sure one is coming but the video packages make the HOF announcements more special.

G-Fresh
January 15th, 2013, 11:18 PM
King Kong Bundy looks like a giant busted condom.

One Man Gang
January 16th, 2013, 12:59 AM
Was anyone else disappointed they didn't play the usual inductee video introduction for Mick Foley on Raw? I'm sure one is coming but the video packages make the HOF announcements more special.

I was disappointed also. Maybe they'll play one on Smackdown.

Bluegunn
January 17th, 2013, 7:20 AM
If the Rumor is true about the Kliq getting in, HBK might be the first 3 time HOF inductee if they decide to get DX sometime in the future.

Kdestiny
January 17th, 2013, 11:59 AM
If the Rumor is true about the Kliq getting in, HBK might be the first 3 time HOF inductee if they decide to get DX sometime in the future.

Rockers too maybe?

One Man Gang
January 17th, 2013, 4:33 PM
The Kliq and DX stuff could be newz someone made up after Michaels, HHH, Nash, Gunn, and Waltman visited NXT a few days ago. It would also infer the possibility that Sean Waltman would eventually have two hall of fame rings. I just can't see that.

DX I could see going in, but without Chyna it's rather hollow. I could see the crowd chanting Chyna throughout the entire segment. Plus in the same report, there's mention of WWE still trying for Bruno Sammartino. I can't see them honoring Bruno the same night they honor all that Bruno finds loathsome and disgusting about the business. Not to mention HHH going in first as a group member and not a singles just doesn't feel right.

mr sabu
January 18th, 2013, 8:56 PM
foley hof vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2sw7qAyipk&feature=player_embedded

Kneeneighbor
January 18th, 2013, 9:36 PM
Yeah I dont get putting in the Kliq as a group. I mean they were not really a group Kfaybe wise.

One Man Gang
January 22nd, 2013, 12:06 AM
As announced on RAW, the next inductee...

Bob Backlund

This one has been a long time coming.

Kneeneighbor
January 22nd, 2013, 12:09 AM
My dad should go in next.

:shifty:

mr sabu
January 22nd, 2013, 1:37 AM
fuck the kliq, lets go free birds

chatty
January 22nd, 2013, 7:35 AM
As announced on RAW, the next inductee...

Bob Backlund

This one has been a long time coming.

Yeah, more than worthy - he's one of those guys you never include in lists of guys you want to see in simply because you always think he's already in - nice one

Ochoa
January 22nd, 2013, 8:41 PM
I didn't click on the spoiler because I wanted to see it on DVR. Well worth the wait. Love Backlund and long overdue. When the video first started playing, I was setting myself up for disappointment. Then I saw Backlund and was like "YEAH!!!!!!!" That's what I was like.

Jacknife
January 22nd, 2013, 8:52 PM
Got to see him wrestle at Wrestlemania XI live, now get to see him again at Wrestlemania XXIX live this is balls out cool.

One Man Gang
January 29th, 2013, 12:01 AM
The third inductee as announced on RAW...

Trish Stratus

My thoughts: I wasn't much of a fan of Edge going in so soon let alone Trish. Her career began in 2000 and ended about 5 or 6 years later. She's only about 37 years old. I just get this suspicion that once her and Lita go in, they'll move on Stacey Keibler types.

chatty
January 29th, 2013, 8:38 AM
I dont mindTrish going in, theres just way more i'd have in before her. I presume they were after a marketable female.

mr sabu
January 29th, 2013, 8:49 AM
id save miss Elizabeth for when macho goes in

Defrost
February 4th, 2013, 5:40 PM
Bruno Sammartino is going in

OD50
February 4th, 2013, 5:43 PM
Surreal, and cool. :yes:

Vice
February 4th, 2013, 5:44 PM

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

MikeHunt
February 4th, 2013, 5:50 PM
I hope he fucking jilts them at the alter.

Badger
February 4th, 2013, 5:56 PM
Maybe Punk will induct him and then rip on his title reign.

G-Fresh
February 4th, 2013, 6:13 PM
It's hit ESPN too.

Bruno Sammartino is to professional wrestling what Babe Ruth is to baseball.

The legendary grappler is the longest reigning WWE (then-WWF) champion of all time, with two title reigns spanning an eye-popping 11-plus years. And his legacy of headlining Madison Square Garden more than 200 times is what turned the Italian-born brawler into a worldwide sensation.

So it’s only fitting that Sammartino will be the main attraction at the WWE Hall of Fame ceremony on April 6 at MSG.

“Being inducted into the Hall of Fame at Madison Square Gardens is the biggest thing in my life,” Sammartino said in an exclusive interview for ESPN Playbook. “Anytime that people feel that you accomplished enough to enter into a Hall of Fame, of course this is a tremendous, tremendous thrill for me. I had a lot of my success due to appearing at the Garden. I wrestled there over 200 times, it’s where I won the title, and it’s where I picked up 630-plus pounds of Haystacks Calhoun.”

And while Sammartino had turned down the WWE’s previous offers of inducting him into its Hall of Fame due to a well-documented feud with the wrestling organization’s CEO and chairman Vince McMahon over a wide range of issues -- from Sammartino not liking the vulgar direction the product took during the Attitude Era to Sammartino’s criticism of drug abuse by members of the roster back in the '80s -- it was WWE executive Paul Levesque (aka Triple H) who stepped in and finally changed the legend’s mind.

“In talking to Paul Levesque, I made it clear, I’ve had issues with WWE and wrestling in general, because there were other organizations,” Sammartino said. “I didn’t like the direction they had taken. It was bothersome to me. I’m an old-school guy. I spent 25 years in this business. But after talking to Paul, and him explaining to me the changes they’ve made in their program, and how they’ve hired a doctor like Dr. Maroon, who is a world-renowned neurosurgeon, who also operated on me, and now that he has been put in charge of the company’s wellness program and their drug testing, that impressed me. I know what kind of a man he is, and he is a giant in that field, so I take my hat off to WWE because they took such huge steps to make things better for the wrestlers themselves and making sure they are healthy to perform. That was very, very important.

“But as Paul explained to me, WWE made a lot of other changes. There’s no more profanity, there’s no vulgarity in the current product, and that stuff had bothered me as well. When Paul first spoke to me and told me all the changes, I started watching it again, and I was very convinced that they are doing amazing things. I see the wrestlers and all the changes they made. There’s no profanity, there’s no vulgarity, and it’s a family-friendly program. That’s what it used to be, and that’s a huge role in the whole factor.”

In finally signing Sammartino, WWE sees this as an opportunity to not only celebrate everything he has done for the business but also add legitimacy to its Hall of Fame.

“From a legitimacy standpoint, it’s important for us to get Bruno in,” Levesque said. “He’s one of the biggest names there has ever been in the business. So for us to not have him in there, for the legitimacy of the whole thing, it was a major issue. For me, the more important thing was that nobody deserves to be recognized for being a big star and paving the way for the stars of today more than Bruno. Everything that we have today in the business, Bruno was a cornerstone of that foundation. He truly is a living legend.

“As we started getting into Hall of Fame season, it’s almost like this storyline wrote itself. To have Bruno Sammartino brought into the Hall of Fame in Madison Square Garden, a building he sold out more than anybody in the world, that’s a remarkable achievement. It was an opportunity to honor Bruno, but it was also an opportunity for our fans.

“There has been this bad blood between Bruno and the WWE for years, and we’re not trying to hide any of it, but I just felt like we are at a point where a lot of it can be resolved. Our wellness program and the way our programming is now, a lot of people are unaware of it, so I felt like if I could get Bruno on the phone and I could run down a list of those things that he didn’t like, I could show him how we changed. We’re PG, family-friendly entertainment with a wellness program that is truly based on the wellness of our performers. We want them to be healthy and live long, productive lives. So I just felt that if Bruno knew about those things, he might feel differently, and eventually, that’s what came to be.”

While Bruno has accepted the WWE’s offer to make an appearance at the Hall of Fame, he still hasn’t had the chance to speak to Vince McMahon, as Levesque is organizing a sit-down so the two can resolve any lingering issues face-to-face.

“Clearly, Vince knew about this right from the get-go, and when I said I wanted to reach out to Bruno, Vince was probably thinking, ‘Well, good luck with that,’” Levesque said. “So Bruno and I established this relationship, and as we came to an understanding on all of this, Vince asked me, ‘Hey, do you think I should call Bruno? I’d like to talk to him.’ At the same time, Bruno said, ‘Do you think I should have a conversation with Vince?’ And I said no to both of them. I didn’t think it was right to do over the phone. They had bad blood for a long time, and we’ve all kind of buried the hatchet here, and it’s a new beginning and a fresh start and everybody is in a great place with this. But going back to what Bruno said about being old-school, I think we should all get in the same room together and the two of them should look each other in the eyes and shake hands. This should be in person. I don’t think it’s right to do over the phone. They both agreed to do that, and while it hasn’t happened yet, Hall of Fame is probably where we’ll make that happen. Vince and Bruno will see each other for the first time in years and officially, in person, look each other in the eyes and bury that hatchet.”

As for trying to keep the announcement a secret, “it’s not ‘Mission Impossible’ or anything like that,” Levesque says, laughing. “But to me, Bruno getting into the Hall of Fame in Madison Square Garden is the biggest induction we’ve ever done, and rightfully so. He deserves that. So to just have it leak out there, that would’ve been wrong. This is a huge moment in time, and a massive moment for our fans, for Bruno and for WWE. This is the history of our business. Without Bruno Sammartino, we aren’t where we are today.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/playbook/fandom/post/_/id/17789/wwe-to-induct-bruno-sammartino-into-hof

JP
February 4th, 2013, 7:12 PM
There's no question about it now, this is the year the Hall of Fame gets legitimate.

The longest reigning champion in history, the second longest reigning champion in history, possibly the greatest brawler of all time and the best WWE female wrestler.

MikeHunt
February 4th, 2013, 7:27 PM
Makes me wonder who the fuck they will put in for wm30? I thought Bruno and trish would have been saved for that.

Hero!
February 4th, 2013, 7:27 PM
Rock?

Vice
February 4th, 2013, 7:29 PM
Hopefully SAVAGE.

MikeHunt
February 4th, 2013, 7:30 PM
Jeff and Matt hardy posthumously,hopefully.

Brian M.
February 4th, 2013, 8:07 PM
Rock, Batista, Heyman, Taker (if he retires before then), Triple H...there are numerous guys who fit the bill. Most of them are recently retired but would still sell tickets I assume.

mr sabu
February 4th, 2013, 9:28 PM
free birds

lotjx
February 4th, 2013, 9:36 PM
I actually had tickets in the cart til my one friend balked at the price. Even with the announcement of Bruno, he is still no go.

Simmo Fortyone
February 4th, 2013, 9:53 PM
What the shit? That's huge.

:edit: Just read the ESPN article. Triple H is such a fucking boss.

DaSaintFan
February 4th, 2013, 11:53 PM
Makes me wonder who the fuck they will put in for wm30? I thought Bruno and trish would have been saved for that.

Agreed... I mean this is the first class that has been more than just one "STAR" inductee and a bunch of secondary invitees.

mr sabu
February 5th, 2013, 7:10 AM
brian pillman, jake the snake, earthquake, rick rude, jim johnston,
Paul Bearer, vader, demolition, Magnum T.A., Kevin Sullivan,haku
the killer bee's, the mountie, brutus beefcake, dr death, stan hanson
Terry Ray Gordy, Sr., bruiser brody,

chatty
February 5th, 2013, 7:28 AM
Vince should go in at 30. HHH possibly (with someone beating the shit out of Shawn michaels during the induction to really amp up the next nights match:naughty:). Savage - I'm sure he'll go in at somepoint. Jake - get him in there, Owen, Rude.

Other Big names not in - Taker w/ Bearer, Rock, Warrior, Vader, Nash, Bulldogs, Hart Foundation, Freebirds, Honky Tonk, Demolition, Hall (not sure if he's in any state) and many many more - not even going into the pre-80s guys.

If they want a huge induction next year then they can pretty easily.

Ochoa
February 5th, 2013, 7:31 AM
I'm glad Foley's going in, but surely Bruno has to be the last speech and headliner? It's Bruno f'n Sammartino.

Kotre
February 5th, 2013, 8:06 AM

'Taker.

Jacknife
February 5th, 2013, 9:02 AM
They should set up a Hall of Shame section for all the guys who sucked.

The Law
February 5th, 2013, 12:51 PM
There's really no shortage of guys who haven't been inducted who deserve to be. Take a look:

Active: Rock, Undertaker, Triple H, Nash, Goldust, Kane, Big Show

WCW: Sting, DDP

Deceased: Savage, Pillman, Bulldog, Owen, Rick Rude

WWE: Nikita Koloff, Booker T, Scott Hall, Warrior, Lex Luger, Jake Roberts, One Man Gang, Bam Bam Bigelow

International: El Santo, El Hijo Del Santo, Blue Demon, Giant Baba

Stables/Tag Teams: NWO, Demolition, Dudley Boys, Freebirds

Other: Haystacks Calhoun

I could see Taker, Vince, and Triple H all going in at 30. The rest kind of depend on where the show is going to take place.

OD50
February 5th, 2013, 12:56 PM
I would love if they inducted the nWo Wölf Pac, nWo Black & White and the LWO all at the same time. It would be like an entire soccer stadium crowd getting inducted. The thank you speeches would last three months.

Vice
February 5th, 2013, 3:33 PM
EL DANDY.

His entire speech should be "Who are you to doubt El Dandy?". Or have him say it in Spanish, with Bret Hart doing the translation of it.

Cewsh
February 5th, 2013, 3:39 PM
Sold.

Jacknife
February 5th, 2013, 4:01 PM
I wonder who Bruno's inductor will be.

One Man Gang
February 5th, 2013, 4:18 PM
Triple H would be my best guess. Though I am sure Bruno would want someone like Dominic DeNucci.

Ochoa
February 5th, 2013, 5:46 PM
Think Lou Thesz will ever be inducted?

One Man Gang
February 5th, 2013, 7:59 PM
One has to wonder why he hasn't already. Clearly they have no issue inducting guys from that era like Antonino Rocca and Gorgeous George. Perhaps his estate is blocking it? Thesz won a legends battle royal in the WWE back in the late 80s and was interviewed by McMahon on Tuesday Night Titans. He was also honored at an IYH pay per view in 97 with a few other legends. However towards the end, he was often somewhat critical of WWE. Not on the level as Bruno Sammartino, but certainly not a fan of Sable's tits.

I hope he does get inducted in the next few years.

El_Dandy
February 5th, 2013, 8:33 PM
Vicente can't afford Dandy!

One Man Gang
February 25th, 2013, 6:51 PM
As announced on WWE.com, the next inductee is...

http://www.dividedstates.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/donald-trump-wealthy-bufoon.jpg
Donald Trump

JP
February 25th, 2013, 8:24 PM
As announced on WWE.com, the next inductee is...

http://www.dividedstates.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/donald-trump-wealthy-bufoon.jpg
Donald Trump

This is THE year and that twat is the best celebrity inductee they can find? I'd have gladly taken fucking K-Fed over this cunt.

mr sabu
February 25th, 2013, 10:07 PM
awwww man how great was k-fed

takerson
March 6th, 2013, 3:13 PM
https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/3212727493/57a35683bad95a398ea48db0223bb74d.jpeg

Bruno's still fairly jacked, especially considering his age. Who's ready for one more match? ha.

Andy
March 6th, 2013, 3:40 PM
Paul Bearer to go in this year then?

Bennedy
March 6th, 2013, 4:30 PM
I don't think he should. I don't see why he has to be rushed in just because he has died.

I mean that in the nicest possible way. He will probably go in next year.

Cewsh
March 6th, 2013, 4:38 PM
Yeah, I think it would be more meaningful to induct him with Taker.

Vice
March 6th, 2013, 4:44 PM
Taker can be the one with the urn this time.

HIIIIIIIIIYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

JRSlim21
March 6th, 2013, 10:45 PM
No. It's gonna be way too corny to induct him now. If you really wanna take this thing (way too) seriously, there are others more deserving who have to go in before him... like the Undertaker :)

reeviint
March 7th, 2013, 4:34 AM
If you can list Torrie Wilson and Stacy Keibler, who did next to nothing in the business,then you can certainly add Jackie, who is a former women's and cruiserweight champion.

One Man Gang
March 18th, 2013, 11:29 PM
The next inductee as announced on RAW...

http://whatistheexcel.com/wooobooru/_images/3a218dcdd72bc498cbf1479af22a8922/1155%20-%20booker_t%20wwe.jpg

Spoonman
March 18th, 2013, 11:48 PM
Good to see Booker going in. He opened a lot of doors for black guys in the business.

Yeah, I think it would be more meaningful to induct him with Taker.

No way. Bearer has to go in separately. his induction would be compltely overshadowed by Taker. Not this year though. it would look like "we'll just put him in because he just died.". He deserves to go in at a time when his death isn't as much of a factor. There's no rush.

https://twimg0-a.akamaihd.net/profile_images/3212727493/57a35683bad95a398ea48db0223bb74d.jpeg

Bruno's still fairly jacked, especially considering his age. Who's ready for one more match? ha.

Woah. Didn't even realise that was him at first. Looks in great shape for his age. . . if he did have one more match it'd have to be against one person and one person only: Vince.

G-Fresh
March 19th, 2013, 1:48 AM
nevermind. the shit is everywhere.

Jacknife
March 20th, 2013, 10:11 AM
I read Maria Kanellis is inducting Bob Backlund. What's the connection there? Both lasted 8 seconds with Kevin Nash?

StoneColdChris
March 20th, 2013, 2:33 PM
I think they mean Maria Menuonos, which apparently her and backlund are really good friends.

One Man Gang
March 20th, 2013, 3:15 PM
Yeah, they mean Maria Menuonos. However the newz sites are too stupid to realize the original source accidentally goofed on the name, and thus keep repeating Kanellis without any common sense.

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/522/100/MariaMenounosSS_display_image.jpg?1345438013

Defrost
March 25th, 2013, 1:03 PM
Bruno will be inducted by Arnold Schwarzenegger

Bluegunn
March 26th, 2013, 11:59 AM
Maybe Bret will induct Backlund. Though I think Sarge probably has better road trip stories.

Spoonman, it was Ron Simmons that opened the door for Black Wrestlers, not Booker T.

As for Paul Bearer, yeah too early and I like for him to go in with Taker. With Brother Love to induct them.

Excel
March 26th, 2013, 5:49 PM
So foley has announced he will be inducted by Terry Funk. Like there was ever any doubt. But I just realised, Funk himself isn't in is he?

JP
March 26th, 2013, 6:13 PM
Yes he is, he was inducted with Dory Jr, wasn't he?

takerson
March 26th, 2013, 6:24 PM
Yes. The Funk Brothers were both inducted in 2009.

Defrost
March 26th, 2013, 7:45 PM
And they were only given like 5 minutes to speak

One Man Gang
April 6th, 2013, 9:19 PM
https://twitter.com/arda_ocal

That account seems to be covering the live Hall of Fame ceremony rather well.

Mick Foley was up first and now Trish Stratus is speaking.

mr sabu
April 6th, 2013, 11:38 PM
accoring to arda the last scene of the hall of fame was vinnie and bruno hugging

One Man Gang
April 7th, 2013, 12:02 AM
Sylvan Grenier got a good seat.

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/photo_large/public/photo/image/2013/04/003_HOF_04062013mm_0439.jpg

One Man Gang
April 7th, 2013, 12:05 AM
This is a bit epic.

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/photo_large/public/photo/image/2013/04/026_HOF_4062013dg_0250.jpg

The Law
April 7th, 2013, 12:06 AM
Apparently Vince had to literally drag Backlund off the stage. Sounds like an amazing show overall. They're going to have a tough time clipping it down for TV: it sounds like ran super long.

mr sabu
April 7th, 2013, 12:13 AM
backland in character for his speech lol

The Law
April 7th, 2013, 12:16 AM
It's not a character.

JP
April 7th, 2013, 4:43 AM
:lol:

I love Backlund.

Peter Griffin
April 7th, 2013, 5:35 AM
http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/7249_438657599556154_624353381_n.jpg

Who's the dude next to Heyman? Asked whether he may return to WWE he said there is always a chance.

Also what was Grenier doing there? :squint:

Badger
April 7th, 2013, 6:34 AM
Styles to the left, RVD to the right.

I do want to see the Backlund bit.

Peter Griffin
April 7th, 2013, 6:41 AM
:squint:

HHHnFoley_Rulez
April 7th, 2013, 6:50 AM
"Tommy Dreamer, mild mannered hitman" would have been money. Foley doing that must contribute to his want for his speech to be in the TV edit in full... He should have done the entire speech whilst pinning Jericho.

mr sabu
April 7th, 2013, 7:08 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kN5XxJcb9u4

Ringo
April 9th, 2013, 11:35 AM
Oh Mr. Backlund :heart:

Anyway, will watch the TV highlights tonight but it's all about the uncut version on DVD. That tends to make Mania worth purchasing and this year's HOF class may be the best all round class they've had so far. Looking forward to some lengthy speeches.

Kimura Kid
April 9th, 2013, 12:19 PM
Foley would be a lock to me with Mania in NYC maybe have Rock or Austin induct him. Warrior is not getting in nor his Savage, Liz and Owen til the families either acquiesce or Vince pays them all a shit ton of cash. Trump is another person who would fit into the celebrity wing and in NY. I also think this will be Trish's year if Toronto is not in the cards for awhile.

Fuck man, You nailed 3 Of them right off the bat.

Who's going in this year? lmao?

Excel
April 10th, 2013, 5:51 AM
So watching the HOF and I notice Vince is growing back the old hairstyle. Random tid bit, but I actually kinda marked out for the classic toupe look

Ringo
April 12th, 2013, 1:18 PM
Don't think this was posted. Great photo. Punk showing Bruno his "drug free" tattoo.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BHYjMAVCMAAzprX.jpg

:wiggle:

mr sabu
May 16th, 2013, 9:13 AM
just watched bucklund's speech

incredible

kangus
May 16th, 2013, 9:41 AM
just watched bucklands speech

incredible

I was going to go for a cheap spelling joke here but I think i'll just call you stupid instead.

Ringo
May 16th, 2013, 9:49 AM
Yeah I watched the full show as well. Backlund was incredible. Loved seeing everyone, particularly the Big Show, in stitches. In the reports it was made to sound like a cringeworthy experience with Vince essentially dragging him off stage while everyone in attendance sheepishly looked down at their shoes - not at all, he made everyone laugh, seemed quite aware and happy to go when Vince crept on stage.

Bruno didn't really tell any stories from his career as a wrestler but the stories of his childhood - his mother nursing him back to health when he'd been close to death while they were hiding in the mountains, his decision to start working out and stand up to the bullies etc. - were powerful. It was just great to finally see him inducted - in MSG no less - and he got all emotional at the end.

Booker was great too. Stevie Ray's introduction was touching :(

Foley went on a bit but yeah fine. Trish's speech was short but sweet. I personally enjoyed the trashing of Trump. I think like three of the five inductees made a point of thanking Jim Ross.

However: the booing during Maria Menounos' perfectly good introduction, which she had obviously put a fair bit of planning into, was pretty embarrassing.

mr sabu
May 16th, 2013, 10:18 AM
I was going to go for a cheap spelling joke here but I think i'll just call you stupid instead.

stupid is as stupid does sir