PDA

View Full Version : WrestleMania XXIX

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

JAROTO
March 22nd, 2012, 3:53 AM
http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/ep_full/public/ep/image/2013/03/20130304_Large_WM_Pre_RockCena2.jpg

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/ep_full/public/ep/image/2013/03/20130304_Large_WM_Pre_DelRioSwagger.jpg

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/ep_full/public/ep/image/2013/03/20130308_Large_WM_Pre_Taker_Punk_new.jpg

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/ep_full/public/ep/image/2013/03/WM/20120315_Large_WM_Pre_TripleHBrock_new.jpg

http://www.wwe.com/f/wysiwyg/image/2013/03/WM29/20130318_Light_WM_Pre_Match_HellNoDolphBigE_HOMEPA GE.jpg

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/ep_full/public/ep/image/2013/03/20120315_Large_WM_Pre_Match_RybackHenry.jpg

http://www.wwe.com/f/wysiwyg/image/2013/03/20120318_Light_WM_Pre_Match_6man_UPDATE.jpg

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/ep_full/public/ep/image/2013/03/20130319_Large_WM_Pre_Match_JerichoFandango.jpg

http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/ep_full/public/ep/image/2013/03/20130325_Large_WM_Pre_Match_IntercontinentalChamp. jpg

http://www.wwe.com/f/wysiwyg/image/2013/03/20130320_Light_WM_PreMatch_8Man_C-homepage.jpg

Report: WWE Looking To Announce WM 29 Main Event Soon
by Justin LaBar
March 21, 2012

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

WWE is looking to announce the main event for WrestleMania 29 possibly on the RAW Supershow the night after WrestleMania 28. WWE officials are expecting the RAW after WrestleMania 28 will be the highest-rated of the year.

Right now they are looking at John Cena, The Rock, Steve Austin and The Undertaker as the top guys to build next year around. As far as Austin is concerned, he has not committed to wrestling another match yet but he has been open to a return match if the situation is right.

Interesting, it seems they are betting once again on the one year build up formula. I hope John Cena vs The Undertaker is the planned main event!

Morrison
March 22nd, 2012, 4:59 AM
i was thinking that they might have the rock win this year at mania, thus 'resetting' cena's career. they've touched on how if cena loses, everything he's worked for is destroyed, and that this match is a must win for him. they're really pushing the idea of him being pushed down the people's throats, that there is going to be a revolution against him, that it's time for him to embrace the hate. having him lose could set about a change in character that helps lead to a rematch against the rock one year later where he finally wins and gains that elusive accolade.

austin and punk seems like a sure fire lock if austin decides to come back for a match. if this tidbit is to be believed, that taker is going to be a big part of the show, then i guess we can just go ahead and assume the streak stays in tact. but i doubt that information is at all reliable. i wouldn't doubt that they might actually do another year long build with a early announcement of a big match, though.

One Man Gang
March 22nd, 2012, 9:19 AM
I can see it now. Cena beats Rock. Cena comes out on RAW to gloat and probably say something about respect, and then the glass shatters.

Tempest
March 22nd, 2012, 9:38 AM
Austin/Punk would be just about the best thing ever

McBain
March 22nd, 2012, 9:53 AM

Big time. (To be said in the same way as in 'I Love You Man').

If they do another year build I really hope they've learned from this first experience and can do a better job.

son_of_foley
March 22nd, 2012, 10:12 AM
It's all true. I am fighting Brock Lesnar.

Jimmy Zero
March 22nd, 2012, 10:14 AM
I'd much much rather see Austin/Punk than Austin/Cena.

Chris
March 22nd, 2012, 10:25 AM
It's pretty damning that this supposed focus is on 4 guys, 3 of which are not full-time wrestlers any more and the other attracts such negativity that they've had to address it in kayfabe. What will WWE do when Undertaker is gone? When Rock's Hollywood schedule heats up even further? When Cena has another big injury? They really need to get their act together in terms of creating new long-term main eventers that they have faith in. Interesting that Punk is omitted from that list, if it's at all accurate. I guess we'll have to see how he and Bryan fare after Wrestlemania.

I think the year build for Cena vs Rock was largely pointless in the end, due to Rock being unable to show up for most of it.

I would be very intrigued by Punk vs Austin. I think their promo styles would actually clash, unless Austin really upped his game or became more introspective. Following his heel turn in 2001, Austin tended to rely on "WHAT?" and other techniques to have fun with the crowd - similar to what Rock is doing now. Clearly a return to wrestling would call for a different approach than being a GM with a 4x4. But I think it would be fascinating to see how Austin approaches a return to the ring.

McBain
March 22nd, 2012, 10:47 AM
So at one stage, the rumoured card for this year...maybe next year instead?

Rock/Cena
Taker/Lesnar
Punk/Austin

Book it.

While I understand the concerns about the new generation coming through, half of those match-ups are pretty young and we shouldn't be too hasty to write off the other half as surplus to requirements.

If the story is bogus though I'd certainly welcome the likes of Ziggler into the big matches. He's ready. Not so sure about the rest, mind.

lotjx
March 22nd, 2012, 11:08 AM
Punk/Taker is what they should build towards and not for a year. I think we have seen the year long build was a giant waste of time. If I am going with my dream match since I plan to be there, it would be either Rock/Austin IV or Austin/Punk. Cena doesn't need these rubs anymore and if he beats Rock, it will be old hat if they do it with Austin.

Cold_Hearted_Truth
March 22nd, 2012, 11:15 AM
I really didn't mind the year long build, I just think Dwayne was awful for the majority of it.

He promoted Twitter. Pretty much it. And we learned he's better via sattelite.

lotjx
March 22nd, 2012, 11:19 AM
Yeah, because Cena's constant crying about Rock not being there wasn't shit TV.

Atty
March 22nd, 2012, 11:20 AM
Austin/Punk or they fail.

The whole "Jericho pushing Punk to alcoholism" thing could even tie into this year.

McBain
March 22nd, 2012, 11:27 AM
:lol:

That's so far-fetched.

While we're talking about unlikely occurrences...Angle and Sting in WWE for next 'Mania anyone?

Didn't think so.

Chris
March 22nd, 2012, 11:29 AM
I wouldn't need to see Rock vs Austin again - they capped off their feud in terrific fashion at Wrestlemania 19.

Lesnar vs Undertaker would have been cool. Though how much value does Lesnar have now, going off his two big defeats before he retired from UFC?

SteveM
March 22nd, 2012, 11:44 AM
What about Undertaker vs HHH vs HBK?
The streak vs Career vs ???hair?

Set it up at wrestlemania by having both HHH and Undertaker get to the point where neither can move, and HBK puts Undertakers arm over HHH for the cover. He then tells HHH that he will never be better than him, and he is going to end the streak personally.

Otherwise I vote for Punk/Austin.

JAROTO
March 22nd, 2012, 11:52 AM
If they are planning to announce the main event at the RAW after WM, I would be very disappointed if its Rock vs Cena again. It would mean the feud wasnt over at WM and we would have to wait one year of build up of the same match. Having a rematch at SummerSlam would be something I could stand.... but wait a whole year would be horrible. I just hope they go with something different.

Im surprised CM Punk isnt metioned on the guys who are supposed get main focus on WM29. Cena is the only 100% active wrestler. Taker, Rock and Austin are either retired or with a one match a year schedule. I suppose the planned main event would be between those 4 guys. As Cena is the only regular guy, he must be supposed to be in that main event. It would be stupid to have a WM main event announced with guys who doesnt appear on TV on months. Thats why I guess they are planning Cena vs Taker.

Atty
March 22nd, 2012, 12:11 PM
Im surprised CM Punk isnt metioned on the guys who are supposed get main focus on WM29.

Uhmmmm.....

i was thinking that they might have the rock win this year at mania, thus 'resetting' cena's career. they've touched on how if cena loses, everything he's worked for is destroyed, and that this match is a must win for him. they're really pushing the idea of him being pushed down the people's throats, that there is going to be a revolution against him, that it's time for him to embrace the hate. having him lose could set about a change in character that helps lead to a rematch against the rock one year later where he finally wins and gains that elusive accolade.

austin and punk seems like a sure fire lock if austin decides to come back for a match. if this tidbit is to be believed, that taker is going to be a big part of the show, then i guess we can just go ahead and assume the streak stays in tact. but i doubt that information is at all reliable. i wouldn't doubt that they might actually do another year long build with a early announcement of a big match, though.

Big time. (To be said in the same way as in 'I Love You Man').

If they do another year build I really hope they've learned from this first experience and can do a better job.

I'd much much rather see Austin/Punk than Austin/Cena.

It's pretty damning that this supposed focus is on 4 guys, 3 of which are not full-time wrestlers any more and the other attracts such negativity that they've had to address it in kayfabe. What will WWE do when Undertaker is gone? When Rock's Hollywood schedule heats up even further? When Cena has another big injury? They really need to get their act together in terms of creating new long-term main eventers that they have faith in. Interesting that Punk is omitted from that list, if it's at all accurate. I guess we'll have to see how he and Bryan fare after Wrestlemania.

I think the year build for Cena vs Rock was largely pointless in the end, due to Rock being unable to show up for most of it.

I would be very intrigued by Punk vs Austin. I think their promo styles would actually clash, unless Austin really upped his game or became more introspective. Following his heel turn in 2001, Austin tended to rely on "WHAT?" and other techniques to have fun with the crowd - similar to what Rock is doing now. Clearly a return to wrestling would call for a different approach than being a GM with a 4x4. But I think it would be fascinating to see how Austin approaches a return to the ring.

So at one stage, the rumoured card for this year...maybe next year instead?

Rock/Cena
Taker/Lesnar
Punk/Austin

Book it.

While I understand the concerns about the new generation coming through, half of those match-ups are pretty young and we shouldn't be too hasty to write off the other half as surplus to requirements.

If the story is bogus though I'd certainly welcome the likes of Ziggler into the big matches. He's ready. Not so sure about the rest, mind.

Punk/Taker is what they should build towards and not for a year. I think we have seen the year long build was a giant waste of time. If I am going with my dream match since I plan to be there, it would be either Rock/Austin IV or Austin/Punk. Cena doesn't need these rubs anymore and if he beats Rock, it will be old hat if they do it with Austin.

Austin/Punk or they fail.

The whole "Jericho pushing Punk to alcoholism" thing could even tie into this year.

What about Undertaker vs HHH vs HBK?
The streak vs Career vs ???hair?

Set it up at wrestlemania by having both HHH and Undertaker get to the point where neither can move, and HBK puts Undertakers arm over HHH for the cover. He then tells HHH that he will never be better than him, and he is going to end the streak personally.

Otherwise I vote for Punk/Austin.

JAROTO
March 22nd, 2012, 12:18 PM
Uhmmmm.....

CM Punk isnt metioned in the original Wrestling Observer report. I thought it was obvious I was reffering to that.

McBain
March 22nd, 2012, 12:22 PM
It was.

Shut Up, Mooney!
March 22nd, 2012, 1:35 PM
I'd take this report with a grain of salt at this point. Meltzer has his sources, but his sources have been incorrect often, and plans always change. Hopefully, the plans aren't revolving around these four. As much as I love Austin, Rock, and Taker, I'm not sure Mania 29 needs to be focused on them a year in advance, thus shutting out any possibility of someone else breaking through during that time.

Guy
March 22nd, 2012, 3:06 PM
WWE All Stars: CM Punk vs Stone Cold Steve Austin Fantasy Warfare Trailer - YouTube

Guy
March 22nd, 2012, 3:09 PM
I would throw so much money at that match alone.

Kdestiny
March 22nd, 2012, 3:27 PM
yeah, I would watch WrestleMania for that match alone

Zacharie
March 22nd, 2012, 4:49 PM
Jesus, even a videogame build up for austin/punk has me shitting my pants. Punk/Rock would be fun too.

turdpower
March 22nd, 2012, 6:05 PM
If the match is getting booked the night after Wrestlemania then it will directly involve Wrestlemania. So for Austin to be involved it means him interfering in the match against Jericho, which just seems a bit bizarre.

It'll be Rock/Cena II I reckon.

Beer-Belly
March 22nd, 2012, 6:10 PM
Austin isn't going to interfere in Punk's match. That would make him a heel, and turning Austin heel would be spectacularly retarded.

Vice
March 22nd, 2012, 6:45 PM
Austin isn't going to interfere in Punk's match. That would make him a heel, and turning Austin heel would be spectacularly retarded.

Unless there's a double turn during/after the match!~

Defrost
March 22nd, 2012, 6:50 PM
Reading the story in the Observer it seems the match they really want for next year is Austin vs Taker

Murphy
March 22nd, 2012, 6:52 PM
Austin/'Taker? :blah:

Atty
March 22nd, 2012, 6:54 PM
Unless there's a double turn during/after the match!~

Austin and Jericho give Punk a beer bath?

One Man Gang
March 22nd, 2012, 6:55 PM
Well that's the damn match I wanted six months ago because I figured Triple H would be facing CM Punk.

Atty
March 22nd, 2012, 6:59 PM
If it's Taker/Austin, I hope Taker spams "what" in his face. Constantly.

Restiform
March 22nd, 2012, 7:00 PM
Austin/Punk really seems to be the way to go. A lot can change in a year if Austin does wanna come back for another match, though, and they actually wanna do Austin/'Taker.

Vice
March 22nd, 2012, 7:02 PM
Austin and Jericho give Punk a beer bath?

Nah. Though that'd be awesome.

I meant it in the sense of Punk going super heel in the match, and Jericho going face. As Punk is walking to the back, or while he's murdering Jericho in the ring after the match, Austin can come out and give him the twin birds and the stunner. Or they could have the double turn and then Austin comes out during a Punk promo on RAW.

Clearly, mate.

chatty
March 22nd, 2012, 7:06 PM
Rock/Cena 2 - all depends how the match goes down but considering they have really only feuded for 6 weeks and the odd bit here and there this time what makes them think another year build would do any better unless rock wants to spend more time wrestling (which I doubt he does).

Austin/Punk - would be awesome but I can't see how they do it unless they just have Austin pop up on raw and challenge him.

Austin/Taker - I would enjoy but I think at this stage in their careers it makes more sense for Austin?punk and Taker/Lesnar.

Taker/Lesnar - would be epic, had some good matches in the past and that little spat after Lesnar got KO'ed was cool and could be used.

How about Austin/Lesnar - Austin quit after refusing to put Lesnar over claiming he was too green (they could use it if they tweak it as he refused to give him a match and not put him over) and Austin also sent Lesnar out of the WWE with a stunner after the Goldberg match at WM. They have never wrestled (as far as I can recall) and the winner wouldn't be obvious imo.

TBF I don't mind a year build up but I'd rather they didn't announce it and have two full timers cross paths for a year feuding but without meeting each other in the ring. have one win the rumble and the other pick up the strap. Its risky due to injury and they don't know how the characters will hold up for heat/[pops but if done right it would be awesome. Punk/Bryan would be brilliant imo even though they spent 3 weeks straight in matches they never really had a decisive winner and if pushed right I think they could have a great feud and match. It just wouldn't be big enough to officially book the night after Mania.

Atty
March 22nd, 2012, 7:08 PM
If they did a double turn, Punk should drink a celebratory beer afterward. Then have Austin random walk up and go "What?!"

Vice
March 22nd, 2012, 7:10 PM
Austin quit after refusing to put Lesnar over claiming he was too green

Austin was fine with putting him over as he saw the obvious talent and potential Brock had. He just thought it was horrifically stupid to put Brock over on RAW with zero build, as it could be a big money match and really put Brock over huge.

If they did a double turn, Punk should drink a celebratory beer afterward. Then have Austin random walk up and go "What?!"

Ahaha, that'd be great.

"It's non-alcoholic!"
"....WHAT!?!?!?!?"

chatty
March 22nd, 2012, 7:13 PM
Austin was fine with putting him over as he saw the obvious talent and potential Brock had. He just thought it was horrifically stupid to put Brock over on RAW with zero build, as it could be a big money match and really put Brock over huge.

Fair enough, it still could be used though, although again they would need to tweak it. I don't think its above some of the other matches but I'd certainly be interested in seeing this if they went another route with some of the other guys mentioned.

Simmo Fortyone
March 22nd, 2012, 8:27 PM
New Age Outlaws vs The Steiner Brothers

Brian M.
March 22nd, 2012, 9:01 PM
I'm thinking about going to Mania next year since it's in fairly close proximity to my home. If Austin is wrestling on the card, I'll be decked in full Austin attire and pissing my pants with joy. Yes, even if he faces Cena. Austin is the one guy I would cheer over Cena.

JAROTO
March 22nd, 2012, 9:49 PM
I dont see Stone Cold wrestling more than one match. Remember he is in bad condition and he can't risk himself at all. Therefore if we consider there are plans to have a WrestleMania at the Cowboys stadium very soon, and that he stated he would love to face a heel CM Punk. I think we can assume he would wait for that WM in Dallas and to have CM Punk turn heel. I dont see Punk turning heel anytime soon, he is very over as a face and there is a lack of good guys.

My conclusion: Wrestlemania XXX(?), Cowboys Stadium, Main Event: Steve Austin vs CM Punk.

One Man Gang
March 22nd, 2012, 11:06 PM
The Cowboys Stadium is not available for the next two WrestleManias.

Stringer Bell
March 22nd, 2012, 11:43 PM
It's pretty damning that this supposed focus is on 4 guys, 3 of which are not full-time wrestlers any more and the other attracts such negativity that they've had to address it in kayfabe.

I agree, but look at the two biggest matches this year, you can say the same exact thing.

Morrison
March 23rd, 2012, 12:41 AM
I dont see Stone Cold wrestling more than one match. Remember he is in bad condition and he can't risk himself at all. Therefore if we consider there are plans to have a WrestleMania at the Cowboys stadium very soon, and that he stated he would love to face a heel CM Punk. I think we can assume he would wait for that WM in Dallas and to have CM Punk turn heel. I dont see Punk turning heel anytime soon, he is very over as a face and there is a lack of good guys.

My conclusion: Wrestlemania XXX(?), Cowboys Stadium, Main Event: Steve Austin vs CM Punk.
according to austin he's actually in really great shape thanks to retiring before he fucked himself too badly, and could probably get a few more years of regular matches out of his body, but it's just the fact that he doesn't want to do it just to do it, he wants it to matter.

kpn
March 23rd, 2012, 2:58 AM
Possible options:

Cena/Rock II. If they do a rematch, then this years WM match would have to end with some kind interference, possibly from the Miz. Or Rock wins the match to give his home town fans the ultimate memory and thus lead to Cena wanting a rematch the next night on RAW. Since I can't see the WWE doing anykind of run in in this match, such as the Miz, I have to think that if this is the main event match for WM29, the Rock just might get the win. Though it would be back-to-back WM where the Rock has either beat Cena or caused him to lose. Pretty funny if that happens.

Austin/Punk If this is the main event match I would agree that Austin would have to be involved in this years Mania, if as the article states that the main event for WM29 would be announced on the Raw after this years Mania. It seems a little late to get Austin involved in Punk/Jericho, but hell anything could happen. Maybe Austin shows up at this week's Raw and talks some crap about both Punk and Jericho. Not sure that is going to happen. Although it is possible if Punk retains at Mania, Punk could initiate the challenge the next night on Raw, basically stating that he wants Austin. I would love to see the match on any PPV, but Mania would make it huge.

HHH/HBK - If HBK does screw over his longtime friend HHH at WM28, it would only seem logical that this could be the main event for WM29. Obviously some stipulations would have to be worked out - getting HBK back into a match for starters, but this would also be an epic main event for next years Mania.

Or they could throw Cena, Miz, and the Rock into a triple threat match, but nah that would be a long shot.

chatty
March 23rd, 2012, 7:15 AM
For Punk Austin to start all they need to do is keep it simple. Have Punk come out and make a speech about beating Jericho at WM. Out comes Austin to give him a celebratory beer, punk refuses because he is straight edge, Austin gives him a funny look, asks him to pass the can of beer back to him, as Punk does, bam Stunner. Austin has a few beers while the crowd pops and leaves. Jericho comes down and puts him in the Lion Tamer heel style to make their feud continue without Austin having to be there every week.

Only problem is Punk is a face and Austin is going to get popped over him no matter what. The WWE should have learnt when they tried to play Hogan of as the heel and it didn't work. Not sure how they would play the angle in regards to that.

McBain
March 23rd, 2012, 8:19 AM
Tough one, I agree.

Face/face feuds can work, they just take something a little different. Otherwise yeah, Punk goes heel - which I really can't see happening just yet.

UncannyIowan
March 23rd, 2012, 9:42 AM
I'm thinking about going to Mania next year since it's in fairly close proximity to my home. If Austin is wrestling on the card, I'll be decked in full Austin attire and pissing my pants with joy. Yes, even if he faces Cena. Austin is the one guy I would cheer over Cena.

Wow. lol, that's all I can say.

Fanny Batter
March 23rd, 2012, 7:30 PM
Well Punk is a more natural heel, so a gradual heel turn throughout the year based on Stone Cold and how much of a role model he is would be amazing. Austin/Undertaker never clicked for me so I wouldn't be too interested in that. Rock beating Cena and deciding his next step to "immortality" is the streak could be a good way to go, it's not really putting anybody fresh over (the most disappointing part of Rock's current run is his lack of interaction with midcarders, though that may be the point) but it would be absolutely huge. Shawn Michaels "one more match" against Triple H?

chatty
March 23rd, 2012, 7:50 PM
Austin/Punk

Taker/Lesnar

Rock/Cena 2

HHH/Michaels

get it booked then have a solid undercard such as Jericho/Ziggler, Bryan/Miz, Cody/Orton.

It's not gonna happen is it

Sinner
March 25th, 2012, 12:45 AM
It will be

JOHN CENA vs. THE UNDERTAKER

because: CENA beat ROCK. NOW WHAT!? UNDERTAKER ENDED THE ERA. NOW WHAT!?

NOW WHAT!? AUSTIN VS. PUNK hell yeah

The Hillside
March 26th, 2012, 3:56 PM
Should be Austin vs Punk, because if Austin returns he will definitely need main event spotlight just like The Rock at WM 28. Other then that Taker vs Cena? umm I don't think they will put Taker in the main event thrice in 6 years. He already beat Edge and HBK for the streak in the main event.

turdpower
March 26th, 2012, 3:59 PM
So his two matches with HHH don't count?

lotjx
March 26th, 2012, 4:35 PM
Wrestlezone is saying HBK/HHH with another year long build. Yuck.

Atty
March 26th, 2012, 4:38 PM
I haven't paid attention to wrestlezone since they said Carlito would win MITB at 24.

Stringer Bell
March 26th, 2012, 4:45 PM
I have no interest in seeing HBK wrestle again already, if ever. It's only been two years. Sell the fucking retirement.

JT4104
April 1st, 2012, 10:48 AM
I could see Taker/Cena, not that I would care to see it though. The problem they have with Austin is the same they had with the Rock, what kind of schedule does Austin have for him to be at Raw's and such. If you go Austin/Punk it at least to me makes Punk's current title reign as a secondary thing going into next mania.

If I had to guess I wouldn't be surprised to see Cena/Taker assuming of course Taker wins tonight.

Caito
April 2nd, 2012, 3:24 PM

I am as well.

Only issue I was considering was the fact that obviously, tickets go on sale well before you have any idea what kind of card you could be getting. But I think again that as a wrestling fan, with Mania in such close proximity and the financial ability to go, why not go to be able to say you have gone?

I'm doing the exact same thing when Super Bowl is there.

Hotbeef-Injection
April 2nd, 2012, 5:06 PM
Otunga vs Khali iron-man match. Book it.

kpn
April 2nd, 2012, 8:46 PM
Is there any interest in a huge fatal-four-way main event with the WWE title on the line.

JAROTO
April 3rd, 2012, 3:14 AM
So, is Cena vs Lesnar the planned WM29 main event?

biggav65
April 3rd, 2012, 8:25 AM
Based on Lesnars contract I wouldn't think so. If Brock is on a one year deal the best comparison is to Goldberg's run. He started his run with a 'dream' feud against the Rock - not that I cared but it's still a big deal for most people.

Rock is off making movies for ages so Cena needs something to move onto. This gives Lesnar a big time feud right from the off. I'd imagine Lesnar's year will probably involve long-ish feuds with Cena and Punk before moving onto Taker at next years mania. Perhaps he crosses paths with Sheamus too? You would hope that in a year long run someone might be elevated.

Back on topic, I was surprised they didn't announce another main event but it probably makes sense. Right now Rock doesn't have a reason to come back but he has said that he wants to be the champion. Surely this will lead to Cena winning the title and offering Rock a rematch - the incentive for Cena being to get his win back.

Merchant4Ever
April 5th, 2012, 3:57 PM
Well the main page says the early plans are:

Rock vs. Lesnar for the WWE Championship
Punk vs. Austin
Taker vs. Cena

First off, it's so early I'm obviously not taking this as gospel...

But if true, dear God, those three would all be 1-million PPV buy headline matches in their own Wrestlemanias. But all three in one show!? I almost wonder if it would be better business to spread those things out! It's like a dream card orgy!

lotjx
April 5th, 2012, 3:59 PM
Well the main page says the early plans are:

Rock vs. Lesnar for the WWE Championship
Punk vs. Austin
Taker vs. Cena

First off, it's so early I'm obviously not taking this as gospel...

But if true, dear God, those three would all be 1-million PPV buy headline matches in their own Wrestlemanias. But all three in one show!? I almost wonder if it would be better business to spread those things out! It's like a dream card orgy!

Well, you are going to get Cena/Brock and Punk/Brock either at SummerSlam or in the next few months. I am sure we will also see Rock/Punk at some point, too.

MikeHunt
April 5th, 2012, 4:44 PM
Am I the only one that's very sceptical about the projected main events, to spunk those three matches the year before 30 seems fucking absurd. I expect to see rock vs Brock or maybe rock vs Brock vs Cena.

lotjx
April 5th, 2012, 4:49 PM
Am I the only one that's very sceptical about the projected main events, to spunk those three matches the year before 30 seems fucking absurd. I expect to see rock vs Brock or maybe rock vs Brock vs Cena.

If Brock and Rock only signed on year deals, they really have no choice. I know 30 is a big number, but so was 25 and it was a fairly underwhelming card and saved really by Shawn/Taker. If they only have Brock for a year they have to do the dream matches. Brock vs. Cena, Punk, Taker, HHH and so on. If Rock is coming back, he needs to start dealing with Punk and the midcard as well. Maybe even a quick feud with HHH for all time's sake. To be fair, they lucked into Rock coming back to wrestle this year, because he liked it. They might not be so lucky with Mr. Jump Shit if things get uncomfortable for me Lesnar.

MikeHunt
April 5th, 2012, 5:10 PM
I was talking more about Austin.

However wwe is really all that Brock has left as a sorce of income, not that he desperately needs it as he is pretty fucked physically. Is there solid proof that rock is coming back next year?

Beer-Belly
April 5th, 2012, 5:23 PM
I was talking more about Austin.

However wwe is really all that Brock has left as a sorce of income, not that he desperately needs it as he is pretty fucked physically. Is there solid proof that rock is coming back next year?

How is he fucked physically? Other than his bouts with diverticulitis, he's in good shape.

MikeHunt
April 5th, 2012, 5:30 PM
Right that would be what I'm talking about, having big fucking chunks of you intestines ripped out leaves you a bit fucked physically mate. Brock is in nowhere near the shape he even was two years ago you can see that in his body shape in the UFC and from his appearance on raw.

He is in good shape for a man with half his guts removed.

Vice
April 5th, 2012, 5:57 PM
In UFC, Brock had a more practical physique. He didn't need to look absurdly jacked, with muscles bulging every which way. Also because the dude is like 300 pounds, but had to make 265 to compete. Having as much muscle as he did in WWE would have slowed him down a lot in the cage, if he could even cut enough weight.

While part of his body clearly has gone through a lot of trauma with the diverticulitis, he's still in good health overall, and I doubt it'd hinder his wrestling or putting a lot of muscle back on to be a bit more.. pretty.

Atty
April 5th, 2012, 6:00 PM
Also, he looked worse at the end in UFC because he had to fight a guy on more roids than Ivan Drago.

Competing in WWE is drastically different than UFC, where he can get straight shots to where his insides used to be.

MikeHunt
April 5th, 2012, 6:04 PM
I understand the body shape/weight cut issue for UFC, hence no glamour muscles. However if you read what I posted his physical shape was not what I was questioning as such, for some reason mongo who posted before you chose to pick up on it. Basically wwe is bricks only opertunity to make money because of his physical issue, which is true.

MikeHunt
April 5th, 2012, 6:05 PM
Does any cunt actually read what people have written anymore?

Beefy
April 5th, 2012, 6:11 PM
He can always palm his wife back onto Playboy.

I doubt Brock is too hard up for cash but a year or two in the WWE will certainly help with the pension fund.

MikeHunt
April 5th, 2012, 6:15 PM
Jesus Christ! Read what I fucking said! Baaaarghagegheggahhgahah!!!!

Beefy
April 5th, 2012, 6:16 PM
:wtf:

Atty
April 5th, 2012, 6:18 PM
Does any cunt actually read what people have written anymore?

Just because you've posted in the thread doesn't mean people are responding to you.

Beefy
April 5th, 2012, 6:20 PM
Just because you've posted in the thread doesn't mean people are responding to you.

WHY WON'T YOU READ WHAT HE'S SAYING, ATTY?!?!?!?!?!?!111/1/1/1/1

Atty
April 5th, 2012, 6:20 PM
IT'S A TRAP!

MikeHunt
April 5th, 2012, 6:24 PM
I would assume that it me your talking to when it's partially what I brought up in my initial post. Vice and mongo before him were 100% commenting on my post without reading it properly. You two are just bring gaylords as per.

Atty
April 5th, 2012, 6:26 PM
*you're

Beefy
April 5th, 2012, 6:26 PM
Perhaps you can restate your point a little bit more clearly so that the four of us don't miss it?

MikeHunt
April 5th, 2012, 6:30 PM
No go fuck yourself.

dillo123
April 5th, 2012, 6:46 PM
Wow it's getting a little heated in here isn't it? Chill out dudes, it's only words on a screen :/

Anyhoo, as long as Undertaker and Stone Cold/Punk are on next years card I really couldn't give two flying sacks about the rest of the matches. Although, it Rock pairs up with Taker I will be none too impressed. I have the least amount of interest in that pairing than I do any other possible scenario.

Vice
April 5th, 2012, 6:48 PM
No go fuck yourself.

Trying to get banned, lad?

MikeHunt
April 5th, 2012, 6:51 PM
How so? I wasn't even talking to beefy or atty, just because you post something doesn't mean you are directly talking to them.

Beefy
April 5th, 2012, 6:56 PM
No go fuck yourself.

:lol:

What's turned you mental again?

Your point obviously wasn't clear enough if four people haven't understood what you were talking about. Obviously that's our fault and not yours so why get so defensive about it?

My reading of your posts were that you were saying that the WWE was Brock's best source of income now that he's only got half an intestine. That was certainly the comment that I was responding to.

MikeHunt
April 5th, 2012, 7:01 PM
Yeah the original comment was about something completely different, then lojmongtx picked up on it and 2nd mong picked up on a random sentence. I am not mental!

Beefy
April 5th, 2012, 7:04 PM
But people weren't responding to the original comment. They were just talking about the health and money crap. That doesn't mean that no one read your post just that these were the things that they wanted to post about.

EDIT - mind you the only other thing you asked was if it was confirmed that Rock would be back next year. Yes Mikehunt it is confirmed that Rock will be back next year. He's guarandamnteed it.

MikeHunt
April 5th, 2012, 7:09 PM
I can't be fucked arguing about forum etiquette, the growing number of people acting like cunts on here is growing though. It's pretty difficult to post with arrogance IMO but many of you wankers do it with ease. Might be the reason this place is dead and hardly any new posters sign up/lurk, it hasn't with me but I could easily see how and why people would be put off or fuck off quickly.

Guy
April 5th, 2012, 7:11 PM
Yes. Everyone else EXCEPT you are cunts.

Beefy
April 5th, 2012, 7:13 PM
I can't be fucked arguing about forum etiquette, the growing number of people acting like cunts on here is growing though. It's pretty difficult to post with arrogance IMO but many of you wankers do it with ease. Might be the reason this place is dead and hardly any new posters sign up/lurk, it hasn't with me but I could easily see how and why people would be put off or fuck off quickly.

What are you going on about now? Are you drunk? What on Earth was wrong with the last couple of posts?

I feel like there's a missing page of posts here with stuff that could cause Mikehunt to get annoyed like this, but I'm not seeing it.

MikeHunt
April 5th, 2012, 7:20 PM
Yes. Everyone else EXCEPT you are cunts.

No not everyone. You are though, a massive one at that.

MikeHunt
April 5th, 2012, 7:21 PM
What are you going on about now? Are you drunk? What on Earth was wrong with the last couple of posts?

I feel like there's a missing page of posts here with stuff that could cause Mikehunt to get annoyed like this, but I'm not seeing it.

Im just going to stop posting in the wrestling section. To many mongs.

Guy
April 5th, 2012, 7:22 PM
Lovely stuff.

Vice
April 5th, 2012, 7:29 PM
http://i.imgur.com/P0Hhf.jpg

So how about that Brock, eh?

MikeHunt
April 6th, 2012, 5:17 AM
He's shit and looks like a bag of dicks.

Atty
April 6th, 2012, 5:23 AM
I thought you were going to stop posting in the wrestling forum?

Beefy
April 6th, 2012, 5:25 AM
Alright Atty, move along please.

MikeHunt
April 6th, 2012, 5:32 AM
I thought you were going to stop posting in the wrestling forum?

I thought you would reply with nonsense like a massive cunt!

Beefy
April 6th, 2012, 5:34 AM
Alright lads, lets all make friends.

JAROTO
April 6th, 2012, 1:03 PM
If Rock vs Brock for the WWE Title is the planned main event I would do anything posible to be at WM29. And Undertaker vs Cena would just make the event even much more attractive and would easely be a total success.

Speaking about Austin vs Punk I think they should save that match for WM30. Specially if the manage to do it at the Cowboys Stadium, with 100,000+ tickets to sell, they would need this match to achieve it. They shouldnt kill the hen with the golden eggs that fast. Austin's return should be huge and even better if its in Texas and in the 30th edition of WM. If they have it as a 2nd or even 3rd main event next year it would be overshadowed.

Atty
April 6th, 2012, 1:47 PM
One thing that's been sticking with me, not to rain on the Cena/Taker parade, is that Cole has been mentioning Miz being undefeated at Mania on almost a spam level. He could be a solid foe for Taker if they wanted to do a match that wasn't overly epic and a natural midcard bout.

I just don't see how anything Taker does can top what he's done at Mania since 23. It's a remarkable run.

As for Rock/Lesnar—I want it. I don't want Brock to lose until then and even be champ. That's a match that could have a legit big fight feel to it, like they often try to manufacture.

JAROTO
April 6th, 2012, 2:32 PM
One thing that's been sticking with me, not to rain on the Cena/Taker parade, is that Cole has been mentioning Miz being undefeated at Mania on almost a spam level. He could be a solid foe for Taker if they wanted to do a match that wasn't overly epic and a natural midcard bout.

I just don't see how anything Taker does can top what he's done at Mania since 23. It's a remarkable run.

As for Rock/Lesnar—I want it. I don't want Brock to lose until then and even be champ. That's a match that could have a legit big fight feel to it, like they often try to manufacture.

Why would they want to have Taker in a match that isnt overly epic? He just has a couple of matches left in his career. This is about money and having him against the Miz would be a waste. Just give him the best opponent available.

BTW I agree with the Rock/Brock build up. Lesnar should go undefeated until WM.

Atty
April 6th, 2012, 9:08 PM
I don't see anyway Taker can live up to the past few years and he shouldn't be obligated to try to.

JAROTO
April 6th, 2012, 11:02 PM
I don't see anyway Taker can live up to the past few years and he shouldn't be obligated to try to.

Taker is in a position where he can face almost whomever he wants or just retire..its not about being obligated as you said. Its about respect. I mean Why would he bother to face someone like Miz? He just had the best match of WM28 along with a veteran. Next year all the pressure would be on Rock vs Brock or whatever...Why couldnt he have a decent match against Cena? He was the one who carried the match with the Rock and Its not like Taker needs to fly over the top rope or do anything risky. BTW Did you know Miz is known for being uncareful? remember what happened with R-truth. The WWE would have to be very stupid to give such responsibility to that guy...seriously your idea so bad I just cant get it. Cena vs Taker sounds great to me.

Atty
April 6th, 2012, 11:32 PM
Taker is in a position where he can face almost whomever he wants or just retire..its not about being obligated as you said. Its about respect. I mean Why would he bother to face someone like Miz? He just had the best match of WM28 along with a veteran. Next year all the pressure would be on Rock vs Brock or whatever...Why couldnt he have a decent match against Cena? He was the one who carried the match with the Rock and Its not like Taker needs to fly over the top rope or do anything risky. BTW Did you know Miz is known for being uncareful? remember what happened with R-truth. The WWE would have to be very stupid to give such responsibility to that guy...seriously your idea so bad I just cant get it. Cena vs Taker sounds great to me.

Are you dim?

Why would he want to face Miz? Same reason as with anyone he faces: because Mr. Calloway wants to. He works one match a year and talk of him against Cena for the streak has dated back before the whole HHH/HBK/Taker thing started and it hasn't happened. He's faced him once in a feud and if he never does again I won't be crying about it. It could be extremely tense for the crowds, yes, but it's not like they're in some situation where they HAVE to do it or even have him in something that's overly dramatic. He's gotten to 20-0, with everything from Batista on being brilliantly dramatic. He deserves a change as that era came to an end.

Also, you're assigning things to me I didn't say. READ WHAT I SAID! BWHAHAGHSA!

(Ok, Beefy, I'll stop)

JAROTO
April 6th, 2012, 11:57 PM
I doubt Taker, the WWE and most of the fans would preffer that match. Specially with all the options. I would even dare to say that I would preffer to have him retire 20-0 than have him in a midcard match at WM29. Seriously I think its stupid to argue about this. Im sorry your idea sucks.

Atty
April 7th, 2012, 1:54 AM
Again, and not to channel an earlier derailment of this thread, you aren't reading what I wrote. You're responding to something as "your idea", directing it at me when it was a general statement about Taker and not really an idea at all. You then, in each of the posts, jump into a very combative stance over my simply indicating that there's nowhere higher for Taker to go. This is the top of what they can do, so my point is that they shouldn't feel obligated to try surpass it.

I don't see why you get so hung up on naming one guy that he's never feuded with. If it had been an "idea" of mine, you know full well there would have been a full Mania card and a five paragraph essay on the match. ;)

McBain
April 7th, 2012, 8:01 AM
I agree with JAROTO. Miz/Taker would be a waste of the latter at this point in his career. He has at the very most three matches in him (I'd argue it's more like one) and Cena will be among those. The only other name that jumps out for me as a good enough option, taking into account prior beef, is Lesnar. Which I can see happening at 29, personally.

I think I said it already, but if not:

Punk/Austin
Cena/Rock II
Lesnar/Taker
Bryan/Sheamus III ;)

Chris
April 7th, 2012, 9:03 AM
Triple H is also someone who could be slotted into big matches. There's a ready-made Triple H vs Rock feud with years of history behind it, with them finally settling their rivalry on the biggest stage of them all. Triple H and Brock Lesnar have never locked horns one-on-one either - the feud writes itself, with a devoted company man facing a man who abruptly walked away from the wrestling lifestyle. Cena vs Lesnar has a similar dynamic.

I think with Lesnar, they'll have to jump the gun with some big feuds. There's no telling how long he'll be around for, and we really don't know how a return to wrestling will impact on his health in the long-term. I think we'll see Rock vs Lesnar or Taker vs Lesnar at Wrestlemania 29, considering they've already had Lesnar attack Cena.

Maybe Wrestlemania 30 will truly be the end of an era, with Undertaker, Rock, Austin and Triple H - the Big 4 from the Attitude Era - all getting their swansongs. Austin could take on Punk next year, and then retire after losing to Cena at Wrestlemania 30. It's all fascinating to speculate. This is certainly the most interesting WWE has been in years.

wardy
April 7th, 2012, 9:16 AM
I've been saying for years that Rock/Triple H needed to headline mania at some point. The Rock/Triple H/Austin triple threat that we were supposed to see at Survivor Series '99 is the dream though.

Atty
April 7th, 2012, 9:22 AM
Austin/Lesnar, should they ever be able to do it, could be massive. Put Austin walking away rather than face Brock in 2002 into the feud and it could be quite unique. Also, I've wanted to see it for a decade.

Last year I talked about how The Rock match at 28, if successful, could lead to a lot of big guys following suit and working isolated matches that are promoted well in advance and now I definitely see that in the cards.

JAROTO
April 7th, 2012, 10:16 AM
Brock Lesnar's return just brought tons of posibilities. I just wonder if he will be able to perform the way we all expect. Im concerned about the surgery he had... anybody knows how it could affect him?

I just read some stuff about it and it seems its really serious. I have a feeling he will have mostly squash matches and maybe 3 decent matches at most before WM... nothing more. One against Cena, one more to win the WWE title (against CM Punk?)...maybe one title defense before WM... and against Rock at WM. thats it.

Atty
April 7th, 2012, 4:01 PM
I'd be surprised if he had any more than three matches total before Mania.

I suspect they'll be promoted much like UFC fights, announced well in advance (not to the Rock/Cena year in advance degree, mind you) and promoted heavily. Something like Cena at SummerSlam, Someone (perhaps the champion) at Survivor Series and then someone at the Royal Rumble. If he's not working matches constantly, he'll be fine. It's not like some multi-time failed drug test is going to batter him where his guts used to be. Doing it so he appears at the Big Four shows to fight would add some distinction to them, generate buys and allow them to cherry pick his opponents and spread them out where he's always safe and can look great in the ring.

Beer-Belly
April 7th, 2012, 4:10 PM
He's required to show up 2-3 times a month. He'll definitely be wrestling more than three matches, especially if they're paying him 5 million bucks and plan on putting the title on him.

Atty
April 7th, 2012, 4:15 PM
Show up does not equal matches, necessarily.

Beer-Belly
April 7th, 2012, 4:19 PM
Show up does not equal matches, necessarily.

It just seems like a lot to show up for if he isn't going to be wrestling more more than three or so matches.

Atty
April 7th, 2012, 4:23 PM
After they just gave a year build to one match, I really don't think so. A sticking point for Brock in the past was the number of dates he'd have to work and whether he'd have to go on the road for house shows. He doesn't now and has limited dates, but not so few that he's gone for three to four months at a time like Rock. The company's best way to make money off that is limited matches. Keep it fresh and promote them massively in advance. If him wrestling becomes common place, it loses a bit of the luster and appeal.

McBain
April 7th, 2012, 8:32 PM
While I agree with you, it's already been confirmed he'll be at Extreme Rules. Surely that'll be in a match considering how hard he went after Cena on Raw?

Atty
April 7th, 2012, 8:34 PM
We'll see, but I'd be astonished if he were in a match so soon.

JAROTO
April 8th, 2012, 3:22 AM
I also doubt he will be on a match, maybe just a squash match, but nothing else. I also think he isnt ready yet for a big match, and they would probably preffer to hype the feud against Cena a little more..I mean this is a WM main event caliver match. I dont think it would be wise to rush it...but who knows.

The Sentinel
April 8th, 2012, 4:02 AM
Maybe Wrestlemania 30 will truly be the end of an era, with Undertaker, Rock, Austin and Triple H - the Big 4 from the Attitude Era - all getting their swansongs.

From what we've seen from other wrestlers, I'm not sure any of these guys will ever truly give it up. As long as they can walk they will think about stepping back in to the ring.

Fanny Batter
April 8th, 2012, 5:40 AM
They could have Rock beat Lesnar for the title (leading to it getting vacated due to "injury"), then Rock beats whoever injures him (Barrett?) at Summerslam or Survivor Series 2013, then goes for The Streak at 30 while being unbeaten in 10 years himself. That way they can do the Cena match next year.

The Sentinel
April 8th, 2012, 7:53 AM
What happened to the 'Once in a lifetime' Wrestlemania 28 match though? Personally I don't want to see Rock vs Cena again.

Sinner
April 8th, 2012, 4:26 PM
Brock will defeat Cena. Then Triple H will get upset because his biggest commodity "Cena" just got beat by a deserter. Who's to say he doesn't desert again?

Brock will defeat Triple H.

Brock will then defeat CM Punk for the WWE Title.

Brock will then defend the title against either Goldberg, Undertaker, or Lord Tensai.

Brock will then headline WrestleMania against The Rock for the WWE Title.

The Law
April 8th, 2012, 4:45 PM
Austin/Punk
Brock/Rock for WWE Title
Cena/Undertaker

The big three. I'd have Brock go over Cena at Over the Limit, then lose to Punk at No Way Out. Cena wins the belt from Punk at Money in the Bank, then successfully defends it against Rock at Summerslam.

Rock does a surprise entry into the Royal Rumble and wins. Cena is still champion, teasing Rock/Cena III at Wrestlemania, but Brock wins the belt from Cena at Elimination Chamber. Brock vs. Rock for the belt. Rock gets the win and fulfills his promise to become champion.

Undertaker challenges Cena. He has a death drive, he has to keep testing himself. Cena is the favorite, and controls the match but comes up short. The Deadman walks through the curtain at 21-0, perhaps for the final time.

Austin/Punk kicks off in January when Austin makes a guest appearance on Raw. Punk has been moving in a heelish direction, and cements it by attacking Austin. Punk hates that Austin is a hero even though he's a drinker and hell-raiser. Punk is a real role model, and he wants to humiliate Austin at Wrestlemania to prove it. Austin passes out in the Anaconda Vice, but walks away with his head held high.

Psycho666Soldier
April 8th, 2012, 4:53 PM
Austin/Punk
Brock/Rock for WWE Title
Cena/Undertaker

The big three. I'd have Brock go over Cena at Over the Limit, then lose to Punk at No Way Out. Cena wins the belt from Punk at Money in the Bank, then successfully defends it against Rock at Summerslam.

Rock does a surprise entry into the Royal Rumble and wins. Cena is still champion, teasing Rock/Cena III at Wrestlemania, but Brock wins the belt from Cena at Elimination Chamber. Brock vs. Rock for the belt. Rock gets the win and fulfills his promise to become champion.

Undertaker challenges Cena. He has a death drive, he has to keep testing himself. Cena is the favorite, and controls the match but comes up short. The Deadman walks through the curtain at 21-0, perhaps for the final time.

Austin/Punk kicks off in January when Austin makes a guest appearance on Raw. Punk has been moving in a heelish direction, and cements it by attacking Austin. Punk hates that Austin is a hero even though he's a drinker and hell-raiser. Punk is a real role model, and he wants to humiliate Austin at Wrestlemania to prove it. Austin passes out in the Anaconda Vice, but walks away with his head held high.
I actually really like most of that, especially the Austin/Punk bit.

Atty
April 8th, 2012, 5:00 PM
If they do Cena/Taker, I'd rather it be Cena doing the challenging and having him obsessed with proving he can win on the grandest stage, in reaction to his loss to Rock a year prior.

RuneEdge
April 8th, 2012, 5:20 PM
If they do Cena/Taker, I'd rather it be Cena doing the challenging and having him obsessed with proving he can win on the grandest stage, in reaction to his loss to Rock a year prior.
:yes:

Taker's already done the challenging/obsession thing with Trips in the last match. Plus it makes more sense for Cena to be desperate for a match with Taker cuz he might believe that ending the streak will make up for the loss against The Rock.

Sinner
April 9th, 2012, 12:54 AM
Gotta get that legacy. The shot at immortality.

And Undertaker will accept it...because of pride. The entire WM story has been about pride. Flair, HBK, HHH, and now Undertaker will accept Cena's challenge because of pride. He could walk away into the sunset - into the darkness - as the 20-0 Phenom. But why not. Why not beat John Cena. Taker can and will.

The fact that after what Taker endured from HHH...Cena still wants to fight him? It's disrespect.

ikon
April 13th, 2012, 6:13 AM
I think it'd shock the world if, say at the end of summerslam or survivor series, rock returns, perhaps to fight a match, but also shock the world by doing a heel turn and joining forces with Lesnar. Almost as an Old Guard thing. He becomes a Hollywood chickenshit type heel hiding behind the power of Lesnar to get him to climb the ranks of world title contendership. At the same time, he can be part of the mouthpiece Brock sometimes might need.

Rock wins the rumble (with help from brock, who instead destroys a guy like Sheamus in a single's match on that card) and challenges [TBD] at Mania for the WWE title. Brock faces UT for the World Title --> they could turn this one into a real shoot style buildup...complete with UFC-like profiles and expert opinions, something like a weigh in. Brock to this point has not lost in his return and has beaten guys like Cena, Orton and Seamus throughout the year.

Rock faces whoever the world champ is. should be a strong face. I put TBD cuz Punk could work, if they don't pair him with Austin. If they do, then it's Rock v Cena 2

Then your top 3 matches for WM29 are
Brock v Taker
Rock v Cena 2
Austin v Punk.

I think while this isn't the greatest way to present Brock, it ensures it keeps him lively for an entire year. Does the same for the Rock. At the same time, if Brock is gone the day after Mania and he's destroyed a bunch of young top tier guys on his weight out then Rock might still be around to give some of that heat back. If Brock renews, even better

I just keep thinking that at the end of this year, at least 2 of these 3 people should come off as icons somehow - CM Punk, Orton and John Cena. Because the day after WM 29, they could conceivably be the only credible main event guys still working a regular schedule. They have to be big enough stars to elevate the next-level guys like Bryan, Del Rio, Miz and Ziggler who've been held down because of the returning stars - Taker, Lesnar, Rock, Austin...You know HHH will throw himself in there.

I know it's a stale point and I am all for the value Rock, Lesnar, Taker streak, Austin and yes even HHH can bring ... But this is the first time I've thought the booking was THIS dependent on temporary, older stars who need to crush the younger, or current talent to make nearly every angle work. Yet it's a model that has a short lifespan as you will run out of temporary drawing icons who don't work live events and diminsh the value of your current roster.

The Rock turn won't get either him or Lesnar boo'd but it sets up a passionate dichotomy between old school and new school fans...that fueled the Cena/Rock match for the past 12 months and brought edginess back to their TV. And if Cena is joined by guys who others like, Punk, Orton, Daniels, Cody Rhodes, Mark Henry, a hot new rookie and they get the perception to look good at Mania 29, they'll have elevated the post WM29 roster and continue the momentum the established stars restarted for them.

RuneEdge
April 15th, 2012, 10:43 AM
Gotta get that legacy. The shot at immortality.

And Undertaker will accept it...because of pride. The entire WM story has been about pride. Flair, HBK, HHH, and now Undertaker will accept Cena's challenge because of pride. He could walk away into the sunset - into the darkness - as the 20-0 Phenom. But why not. Why not beat John Cena. Taker can and will.

The fact that after what Taker endured from HHH...Cena still wants to fight him? It's disrespect.

Nice promo. :yes:

JAROTO
April 20th, 2012, 2:06 PM
I don't want to see Rock vs Cena again, at least not at WM. I think Rock vs Brock is the way to go.

Psycho666Soldier
April 20th, 2012, 2:36 PM
I'd be fine with a Rock/Cena rematch at SummerSlam. That'd be badass.

RuneEdge
April 20th, 2012, 2:51 PM
The only way I would tolerate another Rock/Cena feud is if one of them changes up their character a little and allows the feud to go in another direction. We got a 2-3 month feud dragged out over a 12 month period last time. As successful as it was, it was pushed to its limit. I dont want more of the same stuff again.

Sinner
May 7th, 2012, 3:50 AM
kayfabe-wise..Lesnar would be the perfect, disrespectful asshole to challenge Undertaker for The Streak. I'd love to see it, too.

It has jumped into the top 5 for Taker opponents in my mind.

And Those Are:

1. John Cena 2. Brock Lesnar 3. Chris Jericho 4. Sheamus 5. CM Punk

RuneEdge
May 7th, 2012, 8:43 AM
If I had to put them in order, I'd have:

1. Cena
2. Lesnar
3. Punk

Dont like the idea of either Jericho or Sheamus doing it. I'd rather have Triple H face him for the 4th time than those two, or maybe even The Rock.
Jericho's kind of at that "putting other people over" stage in his career, especially with his music career taking up time. He basically showed up to put Punk over and he's gonna be gone again for a while, if the reports are true. And IMO Sheamus isnt over enough to deserve ending the streak.

Atty
May 7th, 2012, 12:53 PM
Bryan/Taker could be tremendous.

RuneEdge
May 7th, 2012, 12:54 PM
Bryan/Lesnar would be great too.

TheSupremeForce
May 7th, 2012, 1:55 PM
Sheamus or Jericho would have been good choices two or so years ago. At this point, it pretty much has to be Cena or Lesnar. They've been the Streak to the point where those are the only two guys who can possibly make fans question whether Taker will win.

Sinner
August 28th, 2012, 8:09 PM
WWE Title: CM Punk (c) vs. The Rock vs. John Cena
World Title: Daniel Bryan (RR Winner) vs. Sheamus (c) [after what happened last year, redemption. BTW Sheamus is heel now]
Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker
Sin Cara vs. Rey Mysterio
IC Title: Cody Rhodes vs. US Title: Randy Orton vs. MITB: Dolph Ziggler - Winner Take All
Tag Titles: Sandow & Cesaro (c) vs. Edge & Christian
Divas Title: Beth Phoenix (c) vs. Layla vs. Kelly Kelly vs. Eve vs. AJ vs. Kharma - Elimination

and I guess a big fuck-off tag team match: Alberto Del Rio, Miz, Big Show, Wade Barrett vs. Kofi, Truth, Bourne, Ryder

Cewsh
August 28th, 2012, 8:58 PM
Dude, Edge is not wrestling.

JAROTO
August 28th, 2012, 9:50 PM
I'm totally against the idea of having Rock vs Cena II or a Triple threat involving CM Punk at WM. If Austin isnt able to wrestle that night, this is how I would book the main events:

Undertaker vs John Cena
WWE Title: The Rock (C) vs CM Punk (Guest Referee: Stone Cold Steve Austin)
Triple H w/HBK vs Brock Lesnar w/Heyman
World Title: Dolph Ziggler w/Vickie (C) vs Chris Jericho

Sinner
August 28th, 2012, 11:57 PM
Bret Hart did not 'wrestle'.

Was going to give more examples, but I don't have to. It's WM. 18 second match happened. Snooki did a move and won. It could be done. Especially in a gimmicky tag involving the guys mentioned.

That being said, I don't believe it is likely even in the slightest...but I think it would be cool.

Atty
August 29th, 2012, 12:41 AM
WWE Championship
CM Punk (c) vs. Steve Austin
-I know this is a dream match and all, but it could really fit perfectly. I wouldn't have Punk lose until then. Have him beat Cena, have him beat Rock at the Rumble and really stretch out the run. That often causes the crowds to sour on a champion, but that's the whole point. He's a heel but one who feels he deserves more respect. Punk retains at the Rumble under dubious circumstances (I vote a ref bump and doing the Austin WM 17 chair pounding to The Rock.) Austin takes exception, shows up on one of the 22 hours of RAW the next night and IT'S ON! Punk cuts Austin down as an alcoholic wife beater. He says he walked out on all these fans once because he wanted to go get drunk and doesn't have the self-control and virtue of Punk. Austin stands there, just staring at him, as Punk obliterates him on the mic. He tears Steve to absolute shreds and then looks him in his cold blue eyes: "Steve, what do you have to say to all these fans?" Steve smiles, "WHAT?!"

As for the match, JR gets his ass on commentary and it builds to Punk hitting a GTS and Steve kicking. Punk freaks out. Another GTS—he kicks again. Punk has lost it and barks at the ref. GTS to the ref. Austin hits a stunner but the ref is dead. Punk gets a weapon and lines Steve up. JR screams "NO! NOT LIKE THIS! BAH GAWD!" and then... Rock's music hits. He races down the aisle for a cameo, plugging GI Joe, and coming for his enemy, Mr. Punk. Rock and Punk go at it but Punk gets the upper hand and wrecks him. He lifts him up for a GTS and hears something shocking: the crowd is cheering him. Punk milks it up with Rock on his shoulders, smiles, plants him and says that it's about time they turned around on him, all the while not noticing a smiling rattlesnake coiled behind him. STUNNER! Austin covers as the ref rolls in: ONE, TWO, THREE! Crowd goes apeshit and The Rock comes in and hands his longtime rival the title and they celebrate as fireworks go off.

Austin then destroys that stupid belt with a monster truck and it's never seen or spoken of again.

Brock Lesnar vs. The Undertaker
-The ultimate money match. This is one of those matches that will draw non-wrestling fans in and, should Taker wrestle again, is the perfect match for him. It's a spectacle where he won't be asked to do too much but they can hype to no end and really go nuts on production value with. Grand entrances, big stare downs and HHH and HBK can play a role as Taker's last two victims and warning of Brock.

Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena
-Cena taps clean and is never seen again.

Kane is interviewed by Dr. Phil about his life

World Championship
Dolph Ziggler (c) vs. Chris Jericho
-Jericho returns at and wins the Rumble. He faces Ziggler again, on the biggest stage, to prove that he can still win the big one. He gets his storybook send off, winning the title as a face for the first time since the HHH phantom RAW win and gets a good win to start his exit on. It could also be a rather brilliant and rocking Mania opener.

G-Fresh
August 29th, 2012, 2:50 AM
I'd ask for a refund if that shit happened.

chatty
August 29th, 2012, 4:56 AM
I'm not buying that Lesnar can end the streak either, they already jobbed him to Cena within a month of his contract so they are hardly going to end the twenty+ year WM streak on a guy who's contract will end as soon as the match finishes.

At this point I would probably only buy into Cena or possibly Punk.

lotjx
August 29th, 2012, 8:26 AM
What I want to see is Punk vs. Rock or Austin. Lesnar vs. Taker is the only match where I would realistically believe in the streak being in danger. Ziggler vs. Bryan for the belt. As well as Sara Del Rey wrestle. I can deal with a few bathroom/Merchandise stand breaks for the rest. The 800 elephant in the room is what do you do with Cena. He is too high profile not to have a high profile match. I think we get Rock/Cena II much to everyone's chagrin with Cena winning. Will the hardcore fans shit all over it? Yes, but WWE doesn't care about those people. They care about the kids who beg their parents to take them to a show and blow a $100 at the stand for Cena shit. Those kids are in every city on Earth while the people going to Mania only show up at the Big PPVs. The kids want Cena to win and have the belt, so they get what they want. As someone who is going to do everything in their power to be at this event, I am hoping for Cena to have a limited role with someone like Cody while I can enjoy Lesnar/Taker, Rock/Punk and Ziggler having the belt.

Cena beating Lesnar maybe the stupidest move they have done in years, because he has zero creditability even after taking out HHH.

The Law
August 29th, 2012, 10:09 AM
I'm definitely expecting them to go with Rock/Cena II at this point. That would mean Undertaker/Lesnar as the co-main event. I would prefer Cena/Undertaker and Rock/Lesnar, but I can understand them going with a Rock/Cena rematch after it drew such a huge number last year.

Unfortunately, this leaves Punk without a big match. I would hate to see Punk/Triple H happen again, but there aren't a ton of alternatives if they want to give him something that is a legitimate main event. Unless Austin wrestles. Then we might be looking at the biggest PPV ever with Cena/Rock, Undertaker/Lesnar, and Punk/Austin.

Random prediction: Ryback ends up challenging for the World Heavyweight Championship. I feel like he's really starting to catch on. I'd be pumped for Ryback/Sheamus. Or Ryback/Bryan. Or Ryback/Ziggler. Ryback vs. Big Man or Ryback vs. Shithead Cowardly Heel would be tremendously entertaining. Feed him more.

It will probably be time to pull the trigger on Mysterio/Sin Cara. Could very well be Mysterio's retirement match.

Big Show and Kane will be on the card. Maybe team them together so that they only take up one match without facing each other?

Nothing jumps out at me as a plan for Orton. I don't expect him to be featured in one of the bigger matches on the card this year.

Chris
August 29th, 2012, 10:11 AM
Daniel Bryan vs. John Cena

-Cena taps clean and is never seen again.

:lol: If only.

I'd be quite intrigued by Lesnar vs Bryan. If they're going to have Lesnar lose on his way out, why not have it be against someone who, in an ideal world, should be the future of the company? Lesnar vs Punk would also be an option, if they wanted to turn Punk face again in the lead-up to Mania. I know a lot of people prefer Punk as a heel, but I don't think his potential as a self-righteous and rebellious face has really been tapped since the fall-out from Money in the Bank last year. Either way, I want Punk to have a big, big match at the grandest stage of them all. Bryan too.

I would absolutely hate to see another feud between Rock and Cena.

JAROTO
August 29th, 2012, 10:34 AM
I think it's a bad idea to have Cena vs Rock II at WM. I know the NYC crowd and there's a big risk they will hate it. That one year build up was exhausting and a Triple Threat with Punk would be even worse. I say get over it and give us something different and one on one matches. If you separate the two/three you automatically have more big main events.

Everybody wants to watch Undertaker vs Cena. It would be huge! Taker isn't getting any younger, this is the right time to do it. And you can have Rock vs CM Punk for the WWE title and even add Austin as a referee. NY people would love it and as so all the WWE Universe. Give Lesnar to HHH and have him get his revenge with the help of HBK.This is the way to go I think.

Atty
August 29th, 2012, 10:38 AM
The thing to keep in mind with Rock is his GI Joe movie got moved to right around Mania, meaning he can't really be there to work a match. That was moved just before he showed up and said he had the title match at the Rumble. That's why I slotted him as a cameo in an Austin match.

Ever having Cena/Rock again is an atrocious idea. They got out with as good a long match as possible, no need to taint that. Also, Rock works so few matches that it's an absolute waste to blow them on Cena.

Cewsh
August 29th, 2012, 10:47 AM
There are about 1 million and 300 thousand reasons why they will, and should, do Rock/Cena again.

Atty
August 29th, 2012, 10:52 AM
Then there are 1 million 300 thousand reasons that they're stupid. ;)

JAROTO
August 29th, 2012, 10:59 AM
The thing to keep in mind with Rock is his GI Joe movie got moved to right around Mania, meaning he can't really be there to work a match. That was moved just before he showed up and said he had the title match at the Rumble. That's why I slotted him as a cameo in an Austin match.

Ever having Cena/Rock again is an atrocious idea. They got out with as good a long match as possible, no need to taint that. Also, Rock works so few matches that it's an absolute waste to blow them on Cena.

I still think The Rock will be there, if the point is to have him win the title at the Rumble, I think he will be at WM to defend it..I can't see him lose it at Elimination Chamber or RAW...and let's face it, having Rock wrestle at WM in NY would be a better way to promote the movie than anything else. Imagine all the GIJoe and WM banners feuturing the Rock in NYC.. and as far as I know CM Punk is a big GI Joe fan, so they could even touch the point during their build up. I hope I'm right, it would be a shame if Rock misses WM.

BTW have you noticed CM Punk has a Cobra tattoo on his shoulder? It would be awesome! The Rock (Roadblock from GI Joe) facing CM Punk (a COBRA) at WM. I can't see a better way to promote the movie and to please the WWE Universe. Please make it happen!

The Rock vs CM Punk for the WWE title at WM29 in NY/NJ. EPIC!

Atty
August 29th, 2012, 11:03 AM
And if he loses at the Rumble?

lotjx
August 29th, 2012, 11:19 AM
Rock is not going to lose at the Rumble unless its in some way, it automatically demands a rematch. Punk vs. Rock is the best way to go unless Austin can go.

PurePlayer
August 29th, 2012, 11:45 AM
HHH vs Lesnar seems like a sure thing now even though Taker vs Lesnar is a million times better whether it be the story or fan excitement and buyrates go. Lesnar can come back and say there is one thing left to do and that is to end the streak leading to them facing off. They could play off their past rivalrly and everything. Its much better than HHH coming back and getting his win back.

I can see either Cena winning the title and then beating Rock at the Rumble with Punk interference. Punk then wins the title at the chamber leading to the triple threat match or Punk vs Rock singles match depending on whether they want Cena vs Taker or a triple threat match. I don't know who else Taker can face besides Lesnar or Cena at this point. Ryback vs Bryan would be neat. I would also save Sheamus and Orton from facing off and pair them up for the ppv.

Atty
August 29th, 2012, 12:07 PM
On that note, Taker/Punk COULD be brilliant. Don't have Punk lose before then and hype up his year and a half run vs. the streak. That could be a very compelling story.

DeepMo
August 29th, 2012, 12:25 PM
On that note, Taker/Punk COULD be brilliant. Don't have Punk lose before then and hype up his year and a half run vs. the streak. That could be a very compelling story.

That's what I have a feeling what they are going with since HHH has to throw his weight around and get his, "win," back over Brock on the "biggest stage." Personally I prefer Taker/Brock, impact/buyrate wise, but as far as the match. I think Taker/Punk can put on a show.

G-Fresh
August 29th, 2012, 12:28 PM

Nobody with a functioning brain would believe he'd have a chance at ending the streak. He ain't on Takers level and never will be.

Psycho666Soldier
August 29th, 2012, 12:29 PM
No one believes ANYONE will beat Taker other than John Cena. That's pretty much been established.

G-Fresh
August 29th, 2012, 12:38 PM
I don't want it to end at all, but I'd rather have Cena end it than Punk.

Atty
August 29th, 2012, 12:40 PM
Nobody with a functioning brain would believe he'd have a chance at ending the streak. He ain't on Takers level and never will be.

No one with a brain has thought, going in, that anyone would end the streak for well over a decade. That's not the point in any way to a Taker match.

The point is putting on a top notch story and then, in the match, giving you that moment of doubt. HHH's tombstone, Edge's last spear, the count out spot after he landed on his head with Shawn, Big Dave's powerbomb, Orton's chokeslam into an RKO, Arn giving him a spinebuster, the superkick into the pedigree. Everyone knows he won't lose, where you create the doubt is in the match and tell a good story along the way.

DeepMo
August 29th, 2012, 12:41 PM
So what do you do with Taker, do u leave him off the WM29 card? Wait till WM30, and have him put over Cena?

G-Fresh
August 29th, 2012, 12:51 PM
I'd love to see Foley try and end the streak. Him and Kane are really the only people I think deserve that big on an accomplishment.

chatty
August 29th, 2012, 1:19 PM
No one believes ANYONE will beat Taker other than John Cena. That's pretty much been established.

This

lotjx
August 29th, 2012, 1:22 PM
As much as I love Foley, I don't see it happening. Foley is not in the shape or even close to be considered a threat to Taker. He would need to go over current people on the roster than the IWC will bitch about him holding down the young talent when he went out of his way to get everyone he was in the ring with over from Austin to Rock to HHH to Orton to Edge. Yet, there are some cunts who will bitch. I'd rather see Foley as the guest referee and interfere in some way.

HHH/Brock probably didn't even do 400,000 buys for SummerSlam, so I doubt they will think its a good idea to do it at Mania. I'd rather see Taker beat Cena since they have done everything in their power to get him over and he still gets mixed response. They can't keep giving him everything, he should lose and maybe this time after Mania not act like it was meaningless when he spent months talking how important it was. Fucking Clown Shoes.

chatty
August 29th, 2012, 3:51 PM
Personally I would like to see this:

Taker V Cena

CM Punk V Brock - WWE Title

The Rock V Daniel Bryan (after Bryan costs him the title at RR)

HOF bit feat Heath slater

Ziggler V Jericho - WHC Title

Attitude Gimmick Battle Royal feat. Foley, Rikishi, Scotty Too Hotty, Bob Holly, Goldust, Gangrel, Mabel/Viscera/Big Daddy V, Bradshaw, Farooq, Val Venis, Taka, Funaki, Roaddog, Godfather, RTC Stevie Richards, Gilberg, Regal, Malenko, Ryhno, Blackman. Austin comes out at the end and gives the winner a stunner.

HHH V Barrett

Cara V Mysterio - US/IC unification

Rhodes v Miz v Christian v Otunga v Cesaro v Sandow v Ambrose v ADR - MITB

Ryback v Brodus

PTP v Gabriel/Kidd v Epico/Primo v Show/Henry - Tag titles

Truth v Kofi

Kane v Ryder

That would be way too long though and most if it realistically wont happen but there you go

The Law
August 29th, 2012, 5:32 PM
Main page says the current plan is a Triple H/Lesnar rematch at Wrestlemania with Triple H getting his win back. Of course, it could be made up. Plans can change. But if true, this would be an abysmal decision by the company and a major blemish on Triple H's legacy. Why does he need to get his win back? He's retired. He's a legend. He should get his ass kicked by Lesnar, because he's not an active wrestler. So instead of a big money match between Lesnar and Undertaker or Lesnar and Rock, or putting over a young talent like Punk, or Bryan, or Sheamus, they give a guy who is in his late 40s a win over the monster so HHH can feel good about himself.

There's almost no one on the roster I'm less interested in seeing face Lesnar at Wrestlemania.

JAROTO
August 29th, 2012, 7:03 PM
Main page says the current plan is a Triple H/Lesnar rematch at Wrestlemania with Triple H getting his win back. Of course, it could be made up. Plans can change. But if true, this would be an abysmal decision by the company and a major blemish on Triple H's legacy. Why does he need to get his win back? He's retired. He's a legend. He should get his ass kicked by Lesnar, because he's not an active wrestler. So instead of a big money match between Lesnar and Undertaker or Lesnar and Rock, or putting over a young talent like Punk, or Bryan, or Sheamus, they give a guy who is in his late 40s a win over the monster so HHH can feel good about himself.

There's almost no one on the roster I'm less interested in seeing face Lesnar at Wrestlemania.

I agree with you, but there's a reason why I like this posible decision. If HHH vs Lesnar is the plan, then it means Undertaker's original plans to face Lesnar were scrapped. And his most probably opponent would be Cena as it was originally rumored. This means we won't have Cena vs Rock II at WM....and we would have Rock vs Punk!

Undertaker vs Cena
WWE Title: Rock (C) vs Punk
HHH vs Lesnar

Sounds awesome to me!

DeepMo
August 29th, 2012, 8:00 PM
As cool as that sounds, I doubt it happens, someone has to drop the belt to Rock at the Royal Rumble. That's Punk, I doubt they have Cena put over Rock again.

JAROTO
August 29th, 2012, 9:17 PM
As cool as that sounds, I doubt it happens, someone has to drop the belt to Rock at the Royal Rumble. That's Punk, I doubt they have Cena put over Rock again.

Why not? Rock lost twice to Austin. Hogan lost twice to Rock. Triple H lost twice to Taker. All in a very short period of time.

Atty
August 29th, 2012, 11:47 PM
WWE Title: Rock (C) vs Punk

IF they were to go with Punk/Rock at the Rumble and Mania, Rock would surely lose the first match. It makes for the feel good Mania story when Rock gets his win. He's not lost since he's come back and having him taste failure will make his title win all the sweeter.

JAROTO
August 30th, 2012, 12:07 AM
IF they were to go with Punk/Rock at the Rumble and Mania, Rock would surely lose the first match. It makes for the feel good Mania story when Rock gets his win. He's not lost since he's come back and having him taste failure will make his title win all the sweeter.

There's no way they would have Rock vs CM Punk at the Rumble and at WM. I was talking about Cena vs Rock...I don't see any problem if Rock beats Cena again...this time at the Rumble and then face CM Punk at WM.

This is how I would book it:

NOC: Punk (c) vs Cena - Cena wins the title
RR: Cena (c) vs Rock - Rock wins the title
WM29: Rock (c) vs Punk (Referee: Austin) - Rock retains the title... Austin/Punk feud begins

McBain
August 30th, 2012, 9:16 AM
I see it going like this:

NOC: Punk/Cena - Punk wins
RR: Punk/Rock - Rock wins
WM: Rock/Cena - Cena wins

G-Fresh
August 30th, 2012, 9:47 AM
I really don't want to see Punk hold the belt until the Rumble. He is the back burner champ. He doesn't deserve to have a longer reign than Cena.

PurePlayer
August 30th, 2012, 10:06 AM
I see it going like this:

NOC: Punk/Cena - Punk wins
RR: Punk/Rock - Rock wins
WM: Rock/Cena - Cena wins

This is the most realistic out of all the scenerios i think

lotjx
August 30th, 2012, 10:10 AM
This is the most realistic out of all the scenerios i think

If I have to sit through that after spending a few hundred dollars, I am going to be pissed. The sad part is people going to Mania have to pay up months before you get a hint on what they are going to do.

Peter Griffin
August 30th, 2012, 10:23 AM
The rock has no fucking business getting a title shot at the rumble,everyone got in cenas back for coming back from injury in 08 straight into a title match,but at least he's a full timer,I honestly wish Dwayne would just Fuck off back to Hollywood

Peter Griffin
August 30th, 2012, 10:31 AM
Obviously he actually spends more time in Hollywood than in WWE so what I mean to say is I wish he'd Fuck off and never come back.

JAROTO
August 30th, 2012, 2:18 PM
If I have to sit through that after spending a few hundred dollars, I am going to be pissed. The sad part is people going to Mania have to pay up months before you get a hint on what they are going to do.

My same thoughts. I'm planning to go to WM, but the posibility of having Rock vs Cena II...or even worse a Triple threat including Punk is turning me off.

JAROTO
August 30th, 2012, 2:37 PM
What pisses me off the most is to have Cena vs Rock again after all the "Once in a life time" stuff. And why waste Rock appearences wrestling the same guy when you have a lot of talent to put over? I have a better booking. Less than likely, but it would be the best in my eyes.

NOC: Punk vs Cena: Cena wins
SSeries: Cena vs Bryan: Bryan wins
RR: Bryan vs Rock: Rock wins
WM: Rock vs Punk (referee:Austin): Rock retains...or Punk wins..depending on Rock's appearences in the future.

....and have Cena vs Taker

chatty
August 30th, 2012, 3:04 PM
If its Rock/Cena II and Brock/HHH II I will be pissed

MikeHunt
August 30th, 2012, 3:06 PM
Don't buy it then. Pretty simple.

DeepMo
August 30th, 2012, 4:09 PM
If its Rock/Cena II and Brock/HHH II I will be pissed

It will..... I live in NJ, and was thinkin bout goin, but I don't wanna see neither match cuz their first ones wasn't that good.

JAROTO
August 30th, 2012, 4:19 PM
Taker vs Cena
Rock vs Punk

That's the way to go.

Matthew
August 30th, 2012, 5:46 PM
Don't buy it then. Pretty simple.

no, it makes much more sense to GO to wrestlemania after you pretty much slated the previous WM before it happened, and are already bitching about this one. complete sense made

Cewsh
August 30th, 2012, 5:59 PM
And why waste Rock appearences wrestling the same guy when you have a lot of talent to put over?

Because not every wrestling match is or should be designed specifically to put people over. People focus wayyyyyyyy too much on that aspect of things.

turdpower
August 30th, 2012, 6:41 PM

How for fuck sake does Rock get a WM title match after losing a title match at the RR that he didn't even deserve?

DeepMo
August 30th, 2012, 6:49 PM
I guess have Rock win Elimination Chamber

ReDPath
August 30th, 2012, 7:06 PM
Tentative to change card

8 matches

Opener
Mayweather vs Show Part 2

Divas Championshp
AJ Lee vs Heel Kelly Kelly (c)

Intercontinental Title
Randy Orton vs The Miz (c)

The Streak
Brock Lesnar vs John Cena vs Undertaker - Special Guest Referee Triple HHH

US Title
Sin Cara vs Rey Mysterio (c)

Fuck Off Fake Tag Team Championship One Time Only TLC Reboot
Hardyz vs Dudleyz vs Edge/Christian vs The Nasty Boys vs The Rockers vs Bryan/Ziggler w/Ric Flair vs Kofi/R Truth (c)

World Heavyweight Championship
Kane vs Sheamus (c)

WWE Championship
Punk vs Rock (c) - Special Guest Referee Kevin 'Internet Darling' Nash

G-Fresh
August 30th, 2012, 7:08 PM
Triple HHH

HHHHHHHHH

JAROTO
August 30th, 2012, 7:41 PM
Because not every wrestling match is or should be designed specifically to put people over. People focus wayyyyyyyy too much on that aspect of things.

It's called thinking about the future. WWE isn't building any big stars. HHH complains it's hard to find talent, but he keeps the same guys main eventing. Even worse he still keeps the spotlight for himself. Having The Rock against guys like Ziggler, Bryan or teaming up with others...or have Lesnar feud with Sheamus etc. would help to build the future. If they don't start doing something now, it will be very hard to find a memorable WM main event when Taker, HHH, Rock, Jericho and all the living legends retire for good. That's the way I see it.

DeepMo
August 30th, 2012, 8:30 PM
I wouldn't put it pass WWE, if they have Ryback/Taker at WM29.

Mark84j
August 30th, 2012, 8:37 PM
I'd like to see these 3 matches at least:

Taker vs. Cena (arguably the biggest match WWE can make today)

Rock vs. Punk (who wouldn't want to see the verbal war between these two?)

Miz vs. Bryan (old wound feud)

MikeHunt
August 30th, 2012, 8:51 PM
Miz vs Bryan? Heel vs heel or are you turning someone?

MikeHunt
August 30th, 2012, 8:53 PM
no, it makes much more sense to GO to wrestlemania after you pretty much slated the previous WM before it happened, and are already bitching about this one. complete sense made

Oh aye what a mong I look now eh? Buy tickets to and go to things you hate, makes more sense. Thanks Matthew for the guidance.

mth
August 30th, 2012, 8:58 PM
Tentative to change card

8 matches

Opener
Mayweather vs Show Part 2

Divas Championshp
AJ Lee vs Heel Kelly Kelly (c)

Intercontinental Title
Randy Orton vs The Miz (c)

The Streak
Brock Lesnar vs John Cena vs Undertaker - Special Guest Referee Triple HHH

US Title
Sin Cara vs Rey Mysterio (c)

Fuck Off Fake Tag Team Championship One Time Only TLC Reboot
Hardyz vs Dudleyz vs Edge/Christian vs The Nasty Boys vs The Rockers vs Bryan/Ziggler w/Ric Flair vs Kofi/R Truth (c)

World Heavyweight Championship
Kane vs Sheamus (c)

WWE Championship
Punk vs Rock (c) - Special Guest Referee Kevin 'Internet Darling' Nash

I wouldn't want to see just about any of that. Maybe Cena/Taker/Lesnar and Punk/Rock (but only if you took Nash outta there). Rey/Cara would be ok, too. The rest does nothing for me.

Matthew
August 30th, 2012, 9:12 PM
Oh aye what a mong I look now eh? Buy tickets to and go to things you hate, makes more sense. Thanks Matthew for the guidance.
yea, and if you are lucky and there is a good wireless connection in the stadium, you can probably come here and bitch about it too! while you are there!

Cewsh
August 30th, 2012, 9:37 PM
It's called thinking about the future. WWE isn't building any big stars. HHH complains it's hard to find talent, but he keeps the same guys main eventing. Even worse he still keeps the spotlight for himself. Having The Rock against guys like Ziggler, Bryan or teaming up with others...or have Lesnar feud with Sheamus etc. would help to build the future. If they don't start doing something now, it will be very hard to find a memorable WM main event when Taker, HHH, Rock, Jericho and all the living legends retire for good. That's the way I see it.

The Rock and Lesnar have maybe 5 matches a year total. Their matches can be huge for drawing money and interest to the product. Using them strictly to get people over is a fallacy, because you misunderstand how getting over actually works. You can't just have Lesnar team up with Ziggler and suddenly be a star in one fucking match. You can't do ANYTHING with just one match and 3 appearances in a feud except promote dream matches. You're imagining possibilities that simply aren't there and asking them to turn down hugely lucrative main event matchups because you, yourself, are bored with the top guys. And that's ridiculous.

Getting guys over is incredibly important. But the whole REASON to get guys over is so they can have huge feature matches like the ones these guys are having now. It's a means to an end AND THIS IS THE END. And not one person on the roster that Rock hasn't wrestled before with the POSSIBLE exception of CM Punk has any business whatsoever stepping up to the Rock's level at all, much less at Wrestlemania.

JAROTO
August 30th, 2012, 11:14 PM
The Rock and Lesnar have maybe 5 matches a year total. Their matches can be huge for drawing money and interest to the product. Using them strictly to get people over is a fallacy, because you misunderstand how getting over actually works. You can't just have Lesnar team up with Ziggler and suddenly be a star in one fucking match. You can't do ANYTHING with just one match and 3 appearances in a feud except promote dream matches. You're imagining possibilities that simply aren't there and asking them to turn down hugely lucrative main event matchups because you, yourself, are bored with the top guys. And that's ridiculous.

Getting guys over is incredibly important. But the whole REASON to get guys over is so they can have huge feature matches like the ones these guys are having now. It's a means to an end AND THIS IS THE END. And not one person on the roster that Rock hasn't wrestled before with the POSSIBLE exception of CM Punk has any business whatsoever stepping up to the Rock's level at all, much less at Wrestlemania.

The Rock vs Daniel Bryan would be a very good feud. People loved the way they interacted on RAW 1000. There's no doubt Bryan has big talent and he is/was incredible over....but if they keep having him in low profile matches and in more comedy segments...he will end up being buried just like most of the talented guys in the roster. This is an example of what I ment.

BTW You say CM Punk is the only one who is on that level to face the Rock...and why is he on that level? It was himself who did it all. If he hadnt speak his mind on RAW last year, he would be just a midcarder...or even worse, he would probably be wrestling somewhere else. The WWE is doing barely a thing to create new legends, you can't deny that. The talents are there, the way they are using them is the main problem.

Cewsh
August 30th, 2012, 11:19 PM
They have pushed CM Punk for over a year straight as an incredible credible performer. That is why he may be ready for the Rock.

JAROTO
August 30th, 2012, 11:27 PM
They have pushed CM Punk for over a year straight as an incredible credible performer. That is why he may be ready for the Rock.

LOL really? yeah, it was that way.

keep on the good work here at Rajah. :rolleyes:

Cewsh
August 30th, 2012, 11:38 PM
Thank you, I will. Keep up the good work at Generic Smarks R Us.

JAROTO
August 30th, 2012, 11:40 PM
Thank you, I will. Keep up the good work at Generic Smarks R Us.

:yes:

Mark84j
August 31st, 2012, 12:22 AM
Miz vs Bryan? Heel vs heel or are you turning someone?

It wouldn't exactly be a no brainer, but Bryan is massively more over than Miz so I would assume he'd be a fantastic face or tweener. Miz as a face would work, but that itself would take some time. Cant' remember any specific instances off the top of my head, but there have been moments where Miz got pops during his matches and I pictured him being a pretty good face some day.

But yeah... Bryan vs. Miz with Bryan being the face.

Atty
August 31st, 2012, 12:25 AM
How for fuck sake does Rock get a WM title match after losing a title match at the RR that he didn't even deserve?

Same way he got his first title chance, silly: He's The Rock.

To be fair here, there's more ways to put someone over than job to them. Rock just being in the ring with someone puts them over. It's similar to how just facing Taker at Mania is a massive honor. Using the few matches Rock is able to work on Cena is a waste.

Psycho666Soldier
August 31st, 2012, 12:32 AM
Yeah, no matter who is being put over or not being put over, I just don't think Cena is the best option. There are other money matches, and Cena/Rock was good as it was. Any attempt to recapture that match again will just drag down the credibility the original had, which to some people, isn't very much.

badguythomas
August 31st, 2012, 1:41 AM
Honestly, If I could book this Wrestlemania. I think i'd have it go a little like this.

MATCH 1
Dolph Ziggler vs The Miz vs Sheamus vs Wade Barrett vs Chris Jericho vs Cody Rhodes vs Big Show vs Kane vs Mark Henry vs Christian
Money in the Bank Ladder Match
(Could always shock the crowd and have the winner cash it in on The Undertaker after Taker winning the title from The Rock.
Of course I wouldnt want to see the streak die, But, One hell of a way to do it. Can't really pick a winner, BUT, If I had my choosing,
I would narrow it between Kane, Which would be a crazy coincidence to end the streak on that note, or Wade Barrett)

MATCH 2
R-Truth vs Damien Sandow
WWE United States Title Match
(I think the promos here would be classic)

MATCH 3
Daniel Bryan vs Randy Orton
World Heavyweight Title Match
(Daniel Bryan picks up a sneaky win)

MATCH 4
Kassius Ohno & Antonio Cesaro vs Primo & Epico vs Primetime Players vs Dudley Boyz
WWE Tag Team Titles (TLC Match)
(Dudleys help put over the division. Ohno and Cesaro win)

MATCH 5
Sin Cara vs Alberto Del Rio (C) vs Rey Mysterio
WWE Intercontinental Title Match
If ADR wins, Cara and Mysterio take off their mask. Stipulation per the Title shot. Or you could have if one of the two are pinned or submitted,
That one has to unmask. Personally, I'd roll the dice and put the title on Cara at the end of this to try and get him over more.

MATCH 6
Triple H vs Brock Lesnar
No Holds Barred
(Hunter goes over after a sledgehammer shot)

MATCH 7
CM Punk vs John Cena
War To Settle The Score (I know, Rip off but the only thing I can think of)
(The rivalry has been going strong for two years. Great way to send it off)

MAIN EVENT
The Rock vs The Undertaker
WWE Title Match
(The Rock beats Punk at The Rumble. Taker wins the Rumble, Adding to his legacy. Setting up a monsterous showdown.
Personally, I think this has the potiential to have a great match -look at previous matches between the two-
The Undertaker goes over with the win. At the end, I'd have the winner of the Money in the Bank cash in his briefcase
and either win or lose)

JAROTO
August 31st, 2012, 11:34 AM
Please give us...

ROCK vs BRYAN at RR

and

ROCK vs PUNK at WM29

We don't need another ROCK vs CENA

lotjx
August 31st, 2012, 12:12 PM
You also have to remember that sequel matches are rarely better than the first one. Hogan/Rock II, anybody? Rock should be used to help make stars like Punk, Bryan, Sheamus, Ziggler and others. Cena is already a star and doesn't need to be put over same goes with HHH.

Cewsh
August 31st, 2012, 12:37 PM
The Rock isn't here to put people over. He's here to raise awareness and attention to the product as a whole. He isn't going to do that by feuding with Daniel Bryan.

The man wrestles 1-2 matches a year at best, and is hardly in shape to wrestle a real intense match when he is. That is not a situation you want to put a performer like Bryan in. Especially since whoever faces him will basically do 95% of the footwork in the actual feud. If you do it with Cena, you have nothing to lose if it goes south. If you slot in Bryan and it goes to shit, that hurts Bryan's career.

Matthew
August 31st, 2012, 12:40 PM
man i cant believe this has already started. amazing

DeepMo
August 31st, 2012, 12:48 PM
Don't u just wish you were sitting at the table when they come up with decisions like this?

G-Fresh
August 31st, 2012, 12:54 PM
Please give us...

ROCK vs BRYAN at RR

and

ROCK vs PUNK at WM29

We don't need another ROCK vs CENA

Please don't.

Slare
August 31st, 2012, 12:54 PM
Cewsh is absolutely right here btw. This "PUT OVER NEW STARS" is totally over-done. Internet people don't realise that the casual fan would be having absolutely none of Bryan/Ziggler beating Rock/Brock.

They come in to boost a buy-rate and raise product awareness, thats how they put other guys over. They don't need to be in matches with them.

Punisher
August 31st, 2012, 1:05 PM
You also have to remember that sequel matches are rarely better than the first one. Hogan/Rock II, anybody? Rock should be used to help make stars like Punk, Bryan, Sheamus, Ziggler and others. Cena is already a star and doesn't need to be put over same goes with HHH.

While I agree with that general statement it looks like The Rock is in far better shape for a "wrestling" match now (very slimmed down) than he was last year. I honestly believe a second Rock/Cena match would be better than the first (maybe not the feel but everything put together).

That being said I'd definitely like to see Punk/Rock before Rock/Cena again.

Atty
August 31st, 2012, 1:08 PM
The Rock isn't here to put people over. He's here to raise awareness and attention to the product as a whole. He isn't going to do that by feuding with Daniel Bryan.
I'd like to reiterate...

To be fair here, there's more ways to put someone over than job to them. Rock just being in the ring with someone puts them over. It's similar to how just facing Taker at Mania is a massive honor. Using the few matches Rock is able to work on Cena is a waste.
..Though I do agree with your notion. He's their to help the product, promote his current ventures and give back to us, the fans. That's why I feel it's a waste to do Rock/Cena again when there are other potential money matches out there.

The man wrestles 1-2 matches a year at best, and is hardly in shape to wrestle a real intense match when he is. That is not a situation you want to put a performer like Bryan in. Especially since whoever faces him will basically do 95% of the footwork in the actual feud. If you do it with Cena, you have nothing to lose if it goes south. If you slot in Bryan and it goes to shit, that hurts Bryan's career.

This is another reason I don't ever want to see Cena/Rock again, Rock isn't as good in the ring as he once was, but they did a beautiful job of hiding that behind an epic match with the feel of something truly massive. I loved the match and think Hogan/Rock is a fair comparison, but the ringwork in the Cena match was stronger. As it's own, it's something very special that people will talk about for decades. I don't see how a rematch accomplishes anything aside from Cena getting his win back, which would be an awful choice as him losing that match was unexpected and brilliant. It showed a character arc for him that they can tap into for the rest of his career.

Cewsh
August 31st, 2012, 1:46 PM
See, that's the thing though. I don't think there are other money matches out there.

Psycho666Soldier
August 31st, 2012, 1:50 PM
Rock vs. Taker would be a money match, but looking at it...there's a good chance it'd just be a bad match with the shape both guys are in.

Cewsh
August 31st, 2012, 1:51 PM
I think people would pay to see it, but it would be a waste of the only two matches on the card likely to draw to turn it into one.

JAROTO
August 31st, 2012, 1:56 PM
UNDERTAKER vs CENA >>> CENA vs ROCK 2

Psycho666Soldier
August 31st, 2012, 2:06 PM
I think people would pay to see it, but it would be a waste of the only two matches on the card likely to draw to turn it into one.
That is very true, too. If it isn't Rock/Brock, Rock/Taker, or Rock/Cena, the only other credible match that could draw a lot is Rock/Punk, and even then I could see why Punk wouldn't be the ideal choice in the sense of a draw. However, if Rock/Punk was the 'Mania plan, Brock/Taker could help compensate for the potential loss in money. Plus, i'm sure there would be SOME intrigue as I've come across a few people who do not even watch wrestling and are at least aware of whom is CM Punk. Punk wouldn't even have to win, necessarily, but the mic work leading up to it would surely catch wind and people's attention, would draw people to CM Punk, and he could even get "over" by just being in the ring with Rock, not necessarily winning(like I Atty sort of alluded to).

JAROTO
August 31st, 2012, 2:13 PM
Cewsh is absolutely right here btw. This "PUT OVER NEW STARS" is totally over-done. Internet people don't realise that the casual fan would be having absolutely none of Bryan/Ziggler beating Rock/Brock.

They come in to boost a buy-rate and raise product awareness, thats how they put other guys over. They don't need to be in matches with them.

It's not about "PUT OVER NEW STARS"...it's about who you work with. If they have the new guys work with the old ones they will learn more, get more experience and have the opportunity to show up what they are capable of doing. They don't have to win the match, it may help if done right, but that wasn't the point.

JAROTO
August 31st, 2012, 2:17 PM
That is very true, too. If it isn't Rock/Brock, Rock/Taker, or Rock/Cena, the only other credible match that could draw a lot is Rock/Punk, and even then I could see why Punk wouldn't be the ideal choice in the sense of a draw. However, if Rock/Punk was the 'Mania plan, Brock/Taker could help compensate for the potential loss in money. Plus, i'm sure there would be SOME intrigue as I've come across a few people who do not even watch wrestling and are at least aware of whom is CM Punk. Punk wouldn't even have to win, necessarily, but the mic work leading up to it would surely catch wind and people's attention, would draw people to CM Punk, and he could even get "over" by just being in the ring with Rock, not necessarily winning(like I Atty sort of alluded to).

And what about Undertaker vs Cena? That should be the main focus for WM. I can't see a bigger match.

Matthew
August 31st, 2012, 2:17 PM
haha he says it isn't about putting over new stars, but then explains the process of getting put over. simply amazing.

Matthew
August 31st, 2012, 2:20 PM
i hope this amazingness can still be roaring strong come wrestlemania time.

JAROTO
August 31st, 2012, 2:21 PM
haha he says it isn't about putting over new stars, but then explains the process of getting put over. simply amazing.

"haha" :rolleyes:

JAROTO
August 31st, 2012, 2:26 PM
i hope this amazingness can still be roaring strong come wrestlemania time.

I'm sorry I wish I could, but I'm to busy...I have a degree in finances and my own enterprise with almost 100 employees. This is just one of a few hobbies I have. I'm like Rajah's Rock. Only "Once in a lifetime" appearences.

Matthew
August 31st, 2012, 2:28 PM
oh right, you have some sort of ego and you think you are only one who fills this with amazingness.

JAROTO
August 31st, 2012, 2:32 PM
oh right, you have some sort of ego and you think you are only one who fills this with amazingness.

I just help to "PUT OVER" the new guys. Good luck.

Cewsh
August 31st, 2012, 2:45 PM
It's not about "PUT OVER NEW STARS"...it's about who you work with. If they have the new guys work with the old ones they will learn more, get more experience and have the opportunity to show up what they are capable of doing. They don't have to win the match, it may help if done right, but that wasn't the point.

Dolph Ziggler isn't going to learn how to be a next level star from 10 minutes of taking bumps for the Rock.

I'm sorry I wish I could, but I'm to busy...I have a degree in finances and my own enterprise with almost 100 employees. This is just one of a few hobbies I have. I'm like Rajah's Rock. Only "Once in a lifetime" appearences.

You are basically Rajah's version of Mae Young's vagina.

Atty
August 31st, 2012, 3:19 PM
Unretire Shawn and have Shawn/Rock...

:shifty:

chatty
August 31st, 2012, 3:21 PM
I can see why the Rock/Cena II would be appealing to WWE and I can see why they don't throw Ziggler/Bryan etc in with them but I don't think having the same main event with all the build up surrounding it would be a good idea unless they can some how further up the anti in the feud. Considering it was a long boring drawn out feud anyway I'm not sure how they could do it. They had Shawn/taker do it (although it wasn't 'the' main event at 25) but the Rock hasn't got the streak angle to push it and their match was nowhere near the level of Shawn/Taker's.

If he is wrestling Mania then imo it should be against Punk. Punk is the number 2 guy in the WWE and putting him in a huge match with rock at Mania will only help to push him another level up whilst having a fresh feud and different dynamic. Also Punk woul;d be able to carry rock more and probably get a better match out of him than Cena did. Plus Punk is pretty much a long term main event level wrestler now so its not like he is putting a new guy over, he is a 5 time (5 time) WWE champion (combined WWE and WHC) and has had nearly a year reign this time.

Psycho666Soldier
August 31st, 2012, 3:26 PM
Unretire Shawn and have Shawn/Rock...

:shifty:
This would be a fantastic idea if Shawn wasn't retired...

Atty
August 31st, 2012, 3:30 PM
How would he unretire if he wasn't retired? ;)

Psycho666Soldier
August 31st, 2012, 3:47 PM
I KNOW WHAT I SAiD, DAMMIT!

What I meant was if he didn't have to unretire, only because I hate when wrestlers unretire after saying they're done. In about two years after some more time has passed from his retirement, I'd probably be fine with it.

Then again, coming out for one match against THE FUCKING ROCK of all people(which, If I'm not mistaken, they've never wrestled before) would be worth it and I'm sure I would get over it quickly.

Atty
August 31st, 2012, 3:56 PM
When Shawn returned in 2002, I waited for Rock to show up for a Mania match with him. And, before 2002, I waited for Shawn to return for a match with The Rock.

RuneEdge
August 31st, 2012, 4:19 PM
We need more matches with Daniel Bryan.

Bryan vs Rock
Bryan vs Cena
Bryan vs Punk
Bryan vs Lesnar
Bryan vs HBK
Bryan vs Taker
Bryan vs Jericho

Bryan would have a great match with almost anyone you could think of.

chatty
August 31st, 2012, 4:34 PM
Wrestlers shouldn't retire, they nearly always go back on their word. They should just say I'm only turning up for mania or wahatever big matches ahappen every now and again. Unless they are Khali, then they should retire for ever.

The Doc
August 31st, 2012, 5:54 PM
We need more matches with Daniel Bryan.

Bryan vs Rock
Bryan vs Cena
Bryan vs Punk
Bryan vs Lesnar
Bryan vs HBK
Bryan vs Taker
Bryan vs Jericho

Bryan would have a great match with almost anyone you could think of.

Can we just book that as Wrestlemania?

Psycho666Soldier
August 31st, 2012, 6:23 PM
Honestly, I feel Bryan should stick to current stars leading up to this 'Mania. Let him share some promo time, sure(kind of like Miz during some of Rock and Cena's build), but have him rough it out in the ring with people like Orton, Jericho and Cena(though Cena will undoubtedly have other plans for 'Mania, but room for a program in between). Let him just kick ass without any "legends" so he can grow on his own some more, than start building him up for some kind of "legend" match for the next 'Mania. If Rock plans to keep up the 'Mania appearances for a few years, WM30, or somewhere leading up to it, would be a great place to have Bryan/Rock. Maybe even SummerSlam or Survivor Series or something. Maybe a HHH dealio. If Taker's still kicking around past WM30, it could be a great streak match for WM31.

However, while the matches might be awesome, doing any of the rarely seen big names this year would be a bit too soon, and there would be a lot of people that would be scratching their heads as to who the hell Bryan is.

Sinner
August 31st, 2012, 7:51 PM
STREAK FORECAST

Undertaker vs. Brock Lesnar - 25% Chance

Undertaker vs. John Cena - 25% Chance

Undertaker vs. Chris Jericho - 15% Chance

Undertaker vs. Triple H III (IV) - 10% Chance

Undertaker vs. Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels - 10% Chance

Undertaker vs. Kane - 5% Chance

Undertaker vs. CM Punk - 5% Chance

Undertaker vs. Daniel Bryan - 4% Chance

Undertaker vs. Sheamus - 1% Chance

McBain
August 31st, 2012, 9:41 PM
Fascinating insights.

Sinner
August 31st, 2012, 9:58 PM
Doppler.

Shut Up, Mooney!
September 4th, 2012, 12:49 PM
The way I see it going at this point is:

Cena wins title at NOC
Cena faces Rock at Royal Rumble, beats Rock due to Punk interference
Rock faces Punk at Mania

so who does Cena face?

If Taker/Brock isn't happening and they're definitely holding HHH/Lesnar rematch off until then, then there's really only one choice for Cena, that being Taker. Sure, it COULD be someone else like a Bryan or Ziggler, but Taker/Cena is a money match that really should only happen at a WrestleMania. Since Taker doesn't wrestle regularly, who knows when he's actually gonna retire at this point, but I'm sure he's close to it so they should get this Taker/Cena Mania match on while it can still happen.

Only problem there is: does Taker go over? Him winning the title would call for him to do more than his one match a year, so there'd be the problem with that. Then again, having their top face break Taker's streak would almost ensure Cena becomes a heel whether they want him to or not. I can't see him breaking Taker's streak and having a chance in hell of getting cheered again for a long time. I think he'd get booed worse than he ever has.

Has anyone thought of where Ryback will be by then? He's getting a slow build, but the way he's being pushed, I expect he'll have some kind of major breakthrough moment before Mania (most likely at the Rumble). I don't know if he'd be in an uppercard match or maybe challenging for the World Title (which of course could mean he opens the show). But out of all the newer guys, I think he's one to keep an eye on.

JPW
September 5th, 2012, 9:40 PM
Might as well give this a shot for now.

WWE Championship
The Rock(c) vs CM Punk

World Championship
Dolph Ziggler(c) vs Chris Jericho(Rumble Winner)

Retirement Match
Triple H vs John Cena

Undertaker vs Brock Lesnar

Divas Championship
Beth Phoenix(c) vs Natalya

Randy Orton vs Sheamus

Rey Mysterio vs Sin Cara vs Alberto Del Rio

Tag Team Championship
Daniel Bryan & Kane(c) vs Damien Sandow and Big Show

IC Title and US Title Unification Ladder Match
Cody Rhodes vs Kofi Kingston vs R-Truth vs Anthony Cesaro vs Christian vs The Miz vs Zack Ryder vs Santino

Ryback vs Wade Barrett

Divas Championship
Beth Phoenix(c) vs Natalya