PDA

View Full Version : A suggestion

Red Dog
January 25th, 2012, 10:35 AM
Just a thought, this.

I like reading the English football thread a lot as there is good discussion there from mainly intelligent posters.

I personally dont like the thread on saturdays and sundays because of the in game commentary. I have nothing against anyone who wants to comment live on a match and I know it is popular and fair play.

But any debates or points that are made on say friday or saturday morning are instantly forgotten about and overshadowed understandably when there are matches on.

What I would suggest it to have a seperate "Premier League Matchday" thread (or similar) for any in game commentary - and then debates about the game could be made in the main current thread. I appreciate it is not flawless and there will be crossover but as it is two very distinctly different types of posting then it is worth a try?

I mentioned it to Beefy and he suggested I make the thread so here you go.

If you think it is a bad idea that is fine, just a sugestion that would hopefully lead to prolonged or better debates as they wont be interrupted once or twice a week.

If you say "well we have always done it this way and it works" then that is fine and I hope you enjoy watching your VHS tonight :cool:

Simon
January 25th, 2012, 10:42 AM
I'd be happy enough to give it a trial run, why not.

Alf
January 25th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Rather than seperate it up by leagues why not just have a 'Live Match Thread' so it's all in one place.

Red Dog
January 25th, 2012, 10:50 AM
Rather than seperate it up by leagues why not just have a 'Live Match Thread' so it's all in one place.
Well my logic was that the Football league and European leagues dont have anywhere near as much match commentary going on so they dont impact the threads nearly as much so they could stay as they are. But your idea works too I dont mind.

Beefy
January 25th, 2012, 11:00 AM
I think a matchday thread is a decent idea for the reasons mentioned. I'm sure we had one in the not too distant past. I think it's worth a try.

Lagom
January 25th, 2012, 11:03 AM
The concept has helped the Raw thread over in the dark side of the forums, so I don't see why it would be detrimental here. We could begin it this evening?

Ringo
January 25th, 2012, 11:59 AM
Don't see why not :yes:

MMH
January 25th, 2012, 12:26 PM
Yeah I dont mind this idea at all. Could even be stickied or whatever.

turdpower
January 25th, 2012, 2:04 PM
I started a live on matchday thread the other year. It soons got forgotten about during the week and everyone went back to using the old one.

Also, every year Red Dog tries to take some discussion out of the massive thread. WHY RED DOG, WHY?

BBF
January 25th, 2012, 2:27 PM
Like it. Sometimes some genuinely good points get lost during matchdays so its a GOOD IDEA :yes:

Simon
January 26th, 2012, 5:37 AM
UK Blue is fuming.

UK Blue
January 26th, 2012, 11:33 AM
I'm gonna have to consider my Rajah future over this.

Red Dog
January 26th, 2012, 3:57 PM
I started a live on matchday thread the other year. It soons got forgotten about during the week and everyone went back to using the old one.

Also, every year Red Dog tries to take some discussion out of the massive thread. WHY RED DOG, WHY?
I've outlined my reasons in the first post mate. Also MMH has offered a solution to the thread getting lost in the post directly above yours. Not one of your better posts I'm afraid. :(

Simon
January 27th, 2012, 5:26 AM
So are we starting this then? Someone make a thread, get that shit stickied and away we go, starting with Watford/Spurs tonight :eek:

El Capitano Gatisto
January 28th, 2012, 12:21 PM
This only works for special events like Worlds Cups and European Championships.

Red Dog
December 28th, 2013, 10:02 AM
Did this just die this season? Not too fussed, just reading a few old threads with a hangover.

Chris Scott
December 28th, 2013, 7:50 PM
No one hardly posts about footy anyway when a games on anymore.

Rip
December 28th, 2013, 8:35 PM
I'd be happy enough to give it a trial run, why not.

Seems sensible enough, didn't we try that?