PDA

View Full Version : Steam (discussion, trades, sales!)

Pages : [1] 2

Grimario
December 20th, 2011, 1:31 AM
So, Steam. It's pretty awesome. Any PC gamer these days that buys software has it because it's convenient, generally pretty competitive with pricing and the sales.

Oh my, the sales.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lo1limu5PQ1qao9g9o1_400.jpg

Steam runs daily sales, midweek sales, weekend sales and the oh so lovely seasonal sales which have just started for the holiday period. I thought this would be a good spot to talk and keep track of steam sales, perhaps organise inter-region purchases for when a different countries "store" has a different price or even discussing group purchases (4+ packs are cheaper for some games).

Maybe even to build on the pretty pitiful list of Steam accounts we already have listed.

Alcohol Driseamail (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197982610349)
Bert BertleTheTurtle (http://steamcommunity.com/id/BertleTheTurtle)
Bits randomlyrossy (http://steamcommunity.com/id/RandomlyRossy)
Grimario Grimario (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197994126360)
Mikey_Jones mikechilds1992

Bert
December 20th, 2011, 1:39 AM
See, I would have made this thread but it would have gotten 0 replies. You're at least guaranteed one. ;)

Waiting for RAGE and AC Brotherhood and Revelations to get a daily deal.

Getting like $12 worth of games today since I know a guy in Russia and they're region free:
NBA 2K11
Bionic Commando: Rearmed
Insaniquarium Deluxe
Fable - The Lost Chapters

Fable is the only one that isn't on my wishlist and that's because it was just released today.

Grimario
December 20th, 2011, 1:50 AM
Steam Holiday Sale Day 1

Think discounts are universal but prices will depend on your region.

Sam and Max Franchise 75% off
Metro 2033* 75% off
Bunch of Heroes 75% off
Amnesia 75% off
Just Cause 1 and 2 75% off
Singularity 75% off
Orcs Must Die 75% off
Pendulo Studios Adventure Pack 75% off
Rift 75% off
Max Payne 1 and 2 75% off
Fable 3 75% off
Portal 1 and 2 75% off

There are also some awesome bundles on sale, best of them listed here. Again, cost will be dependent on your region but I think the discount is universal.

Square Enix Complete Pack - 86% discount
Includes 58 items:
Battlestations Pacific, Battlestations: Midway, Conflict: Denied Ops, Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition, Deus Ex: Human Revolution™ - Explosive Mission Pack, Deus Ex: Human Revolution™ - Tactical Enhancement Pack and more
Bethesda Holiday Collection - 86% off
Includes 18 items:
BRINK, BRINK: Agents of Change, BRINK: Doom®/Psycho Combo Pack, BRINK: Fallout®/SpecOps Combo Pack, Call of Cthulhu®: Dark Corners of the Earth, Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition, Fallout New Vegas: Dead Money and more...
id Complete Pack - 83% off
Includes 24 items:
Commander Keen, DOOM 3, DOOM 3 Resurrection of Evil, DOOM II, Final DOOM, Heretic: Shadow of the Serpent Riders, HeXen II, HeXen: Beyond Heretic, HeXen: Deathkings of the Dark Citadel, Master Levels for Doom II, QUAKE, QUAKE II and more...
Ubisoft Holiday Collection - 83% off
Includes 15 items:
Assassin's Creed 2 Deluxe Edition, Beyond Good and Evil™, Call of Juarez®: Bound in Blood, Driver San Francisco, Far Cry® 2: Fortune's Edition, From Dust, IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946, Might & Magic Clash of Heroes, Might & Magic® Heroes®
Sega Complete Pack - 83% off
Includes 81 items:
Alex Kidd™ in the Enchanted Castle, Alien Soldier, Alien Storm, Aliens vs Predator™ Bughunt Map Pack, Aliens vs. Predator Swarm Map Pack, Aliens vs. Predator™, Alpha Protocol™, Altered Beast™, Bio-Hazard Battle™, Bonanza Bros.™ and more...
Valve Complete Pack - 75% off
Includes 24 items:
Counter-Strike, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero, Counter-Strike: Condition Zero Deleted Scenes, Counter-Strike: Source, Day of Defeat, Day of Defeat: Source, Deathmatch Classic, Half-Life, Half-Life 2, Half-Life 2: Deathmatch and more...
Rockstar Complete Pack - 66% off
Includes 11 items:
Bully: Scholarship Edition, Grand Theft Auto 3, Grand Theft Auto IV, Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, L.A. Noire: The Complete Edition, Manhunt, Max Payne and more...
THQ Hit Collection - 81% off
Includes 19 items:
Company of Heroes, Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts, Darksiders™, Dawn of War II: Retribution – The Last Standalone, Homefront, Metro 2033, MX vs ATV Reflex, Red Faction Guerrilla, Red Faction®: Armageddon™ and more....
2K Complete Pack - 86% off
Includes 51 items:
Axel & Pixel, BioShock® 2, BioShock™, Borderlands, Borderlands: Claptrap's Robot Revolution, Borderlands: Mad Moxxi's Underdome Riot, Borderlands: The Secret Armory of General Knoxx, Borderlands: The Zombie Island of Dr. Ned and more...

The 2k and THQ packs are fecking awesome. So much so that, despite buying them 2 years ago, the recent additions since then almost make it worth the whole cost just to buy again.

T.I (uh oh)
December 20th, 2011, 3:38 AM
I signed up for Steam purely to get a free copy of Portal. I've since picked up another game, also for free: Sequence.

Sequence is awesome, haven't played Portal.

I don't play PC games btw - wholly not interested - but I do like a bargain.

Pete Cash
December 20th, 2011, 4:07 AM
I just built myself a massive gaming system and I am all over this sale :D

Grimario
December 20th, 2011, 4:08 AM
I just built myself a massive gaming system and I am all over this sale :D

Add me on steam then. Spend about $300 and buy all of the bundles, basically.

Also, get Dungeon Defenders and come play co-op sometime...

Pete Cash
December 20th, 2011, 5:57 AM
added.

also GOG are having a massive sale if one is into ye old games of yore.

grimshaw
December 20th, 2011, 6:13 AM
Pete what was your build?

Grimario
December 20th, 2011, 7:02 PM
Steam Holiday Sale 2011 - Day 2

Tropico 4 66% off
The Witcher Enhanced Edition Director's Cut 75% off
The Witcher 2 40% off
Red Orchestra 2 50% off
Costume Quest 75% off
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 50% off
Duke Nukem Forever USD 75% off
Half Life Franchise 75% off
Theatre of War Franchise 75% off
Chantelise – A Tale of Two Sisters USD 75% off
Recettear An Item Shop's Tale USD 75% off
Batman The Videogame USD 75% off
Dungeons of Dredmor 75% off
Sacred Gold USD 50% off
Sacred 2 Fallen Angel USD 50% off

Bert, how much is Witcher 2 for you and your russian friend? Even at 40% off, it's still $33 for me, not paying that :(

Might pick up Costume Quest and Dungeons of Dredmor out of this lot, have or have no interest in the rest of them.

Pete Cash
December 21st, 2011, 2:33 AM
Pete what was your build?

Intel I5 2500k @ 3.30ghz
Gigabyte P67A-UD4-B3
8GB of RAM
AMD Radeon HD6950 2gb
corsair 120gb SSD
WD caviar black 2tb

Luckily I started building it in July but got distracted by a bunch of stuff so I ended up putting off finishing it until just a few weeks ago. So I didn't pay too much for the HDDs which I had bought a few months back.

Bert
December 21st, 2011, 2:49 AM
Bert, how much is Witcher 2 for you and your russian friend? Even at 40% off, it's still $33 for me, not paying that :(
$24 USD for me, $9 in russia but it's region locked you would need to use a VPN to activate it.

I didn't get much today just Chantelise and the Dungeons of Dredmor DLC.

So I didn't pay too much for the HDDs which I had bought a few months back.I hate you, prices went up before I could buy any. I could have gotten 2 1TB internals for $120 and now it's $130 for one.

So, I'm stuck with this 320gb until prices go down.

grimshaw
December 21st, 2011, 4:06 AM
I built about 1 year ago and the system is almost identical. Good build there. I didn't get an ssd though. I'm still on the fence about price.

Also I got one of the faulty p8p67 boards, whose SAta did die about a month ago. thankfully though I don't think I'll even bother returnuing it as it's got 3 3rd party SATA ports on there.

I hate you, prices went up before I could buy any. I could have gotten 2 1TB internals for $120 and now it's $130 for one.

Where are you shopping? A few months back I got 2 1.5tb drives for $80 from ebay. $130 sounds pricey even for now.

Bert
December 21st, 2011, 4:21 AM
Where are you shopping? A few months back I got 2 1.5tb drives for $80 from ebay. $130 sounds pricey even for now.A few months back that would have been easy to do.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/07/business/global/07iht-floods07.html?pagewanted=all

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&N=-1&isNodeId=1&Description=1tb+7200+rpm&x=0&y=0

grimshaw
December 21st, 2011, 5:05 AM
Look around a little (I know there were floods goose, hence the 'even for now'): these are Aussie prices and I see no reason that drives would be cheaper here...
http://www.staticice.com.au/cgi-bin/search.cgi?q=sata+1tb+hdd&spos=1

Bert
December 22nd, 2011, 5:30 AM
Batman: Arkham City and all of the DLC are 50% off right now. $25 USD for Arkham City and $11 for the DLC. It won't get lower than this for a long time.

If you want AC, jump on this.

Grimario
December 22nd, 2011, 5:44 AM
Bert, I don't care what everyone else says about you, you are a legend.

AC for $25, whooo! Still $100 here ($50 on sale) so to get it for the equivalent of 75% is fantastic.

LEGEND!

Bert
December 24th, 2011, 2:10 PM
Skyrim is 33% off, $40.19 for today only.

If you need help because of regional pricing and have paypal just let me know.

Hobbit
December 24th, 2011, 5:42 PM
I got Oblivion off it for about £1.74 last week or so. I've barely played it as it looks shit on my laptop and Skyrim looks sexy on my massive telly anyway.

Seems alright, don't really understand it tbh and don't really play PC games anyway anymore.

Bert
December 25th, 2011, 3:40 PM
For anyone interested in Modern Warfare 3, Steam's deal is ok at $45 but Amazon has a better one for $35 and it activates on Steam.

Grimario
January 1st, 2012, 4:54 PM
Last day of the Holiday Sale today, finishing up with an encore presentation.

Dead Island 50% off
Magicka 75% off
Bastion 66% off
Dungeon Defenders 75% off
Total War Franchise Sale 75% off
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 25% off
Batman: Arkham City 50% off
Serious Sam Franchise 50-90% off
Deus Ex: Human Revolution 66% off
Orcs Must Die! 75% off
Saints Row: The Third 33% off
Terraria 75% off
LA Noire: The Complete Edition 75% off
Assassins Creed Franchise 25-75% off
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim 33% off
Portal 1 & 2 75% off

stylepoints
January 1st, 2012, 5:58 PM
I picked up GTA: Vice City for $2.49 and Ghost Master for something crazy like $1.24. GTA: VC is back up to $4.99, but Ghost Master is still on sale. Fun game.

Hobbit
January 1st, 2012, 8:13 PM
Grand Theft Auto Complete Pack
4.99 GBP
Fallout: New Vegas
3.74 GBP

Total
8.73 GBP

:cool:

Bert
January 1st, 2012, 9:00 PM
http://i.imgur.com/S4VEK.jpg

The AC games and NBA2k11 weren't actually gifts, they were just bought in Russia because they're half the price there and also region free, I know a guy.

I'm waiting for him to get on so I can get Dead Rising 2: Off The Record for $10 USD and then I'm done buying stuff til next sale.

stylepoints
January 3rd, 2012, 11:15 PM
I have Civ 5 but don't really play it anymore. Would be willing to trade. Don't really care about matching the price so much as I do about finding something I'll like.

Bert
January 3rd, 2012, 11:21 PM
I have Civ 5 but don't really play it anymore. Would be willing to trade. Don't really care about matching the price so much as I do about finding something I'll like.

:confused:

You realize you can't trade games tied to your account, right?

stylepoints
January 3rd, 2012, 11:27 PM
Shit, I have a few others. I really don't want Civ anymore. :( The others were awesome so I bought it without trying it out first.

Bert
January 3rd, 2012, 11:42 PM
Maybe you'll want to play it one day suddenly, and then it will be there. :dunno:

Personally, I love it.

I've never played IV or III though so the flaws that everyone has said about V don't matter to me at all.

stylepoints
January 3rd, 2012, 11:50 PM
You would probably love it then. 3 was extremely hard and 4 was where it all finally came together. The only significant improvements from 4 to 5 are graphics and some insignificant ruler interactions. In that aspect I guess it's at least just as good as part 4. Not a lot of reason to play it if you've played the others, but then again the urge to check it out was great because the series is so good.

I'll probably check out some multiplayer.

Alf
January 6th, 2012, 7:40 AM
http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/x-com-complete-pack-3-05-steam-daily-deal-1110653

Absolutely bargainous. Especially considering they've announced they are releasing a new proper strategy X-Com along with the FPS.

Grimario
July 15th, 2012, 6:02 PM
Bert was right, this thread was doomed to fail on a predominantly console crowd :(

PS. Steam Summer Sale is in full swing. Current daily deals (in AU store, prob cheaper in UK/US):

The Walking Dead 40% off, $14.99
Mount and Blade Collection 75% off, $8.74
- Mount and Blade 75% off, $3.74
- Mount and Blade: Warband 75% 0ff, $4.99
- Mount and Blade Warband: Napoleonic Wars 75% off, $2.49
- Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword 75% off, $2.49
Hitman Collection 75% off, $6.24
- Hitman: Silent Assassin 75% off, $2.49
- Hitman: Blood Money 75% off, $2.49
- Hitman: Codename 47 76% off, $2.49
Cities XL 2012 75% off, $9.99
Saints Row 3 75% off, $14.99
Saints Row 3 Complete (all DLC) 75% off, $24.99
Indie Bundle IV 75% off, $9.99
- A Valley Without Wind
- Atom Zombie Smasher
- Blocks That Matter
- Sanctum
- Superbrothers: Sword and Sorcery EP
Trine Franchise 75% off, $4.99
- Trine 2 75% off, $3.74
- Trine 75% off, $2.49
The Darkness II 75% off, $22.49
- 4 Pack 75% off, $67.49
Serious Sam Complete Pack 75% off, $21.74
- Serious Sam 2 66% off, $3.39
- Serious Sam 3 75% off, $9.99
- Serious Sam 1 and 2 classic
- Serious Sam Double D 70% off, $2.71
- Serious Sam HD: The First Encounter 66% off, $5.09
- Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter 66% off, $6.79
- Serious Sam HD 2: DLC 66% off, $1.69
- Serious Sam: The Random Encounter 66% off, $1.69

Current flash deals:
Killing Floor 75% off, $4.99 (7 hours remaining)
Vessel 75% off, $3.74 (5 hours remaining)
MS Flight 66% off, $16.99 (3 hours remaining)
QUBE 75% off, $3.74 (1 hour remaining)

Current community vote
Legend of Grimrock 75% off, $5.99

The Rick
July 15th, 2012, 6:02 PM
Steam Summer Sale rolls on – discounts on Skyrim, Dead Island, Borderlands and more
games.on.net link (http://games.on.net/2012/07/steam-summer-sale-rolls-on-discounts-on-skyrim-dead-island-borderlands-and-more/)
Tim Colwill on July 15, 2012

The annual Steam Summer Sale continues to roll on into its third day, with today bringing deals like 50% off Skyrim (now $44.69), 66% off Dead Island (now $10.19) and 50% off DiRT: Showdown (now $24.99). You can also pick up great indie titles like Frozen Synapse for $4.99, or Orcs Must Die! for a stupidly cheap $3.74.

For the next ten hours, Civilization V is also on sale for $17.49, down from $69.99. Head on over and take a look, or grab yesterday’s deals very quickly in the next 30 minutes![QUOTE]

Grimario
July 15th, 2012, 6:07 PM
:D

I wasn't planning on getting anything really...

Legends of Grimrock
SpaceChem
Binding of Isaac DLC
Dead Island + DLC
The Witcher 2
Max Payne 1/2 Bundle
LA Noire + DLC

FFS :(

Someone has also made this lovely/horrible tool...

http://www.lambentstew.com/webblog/miniproject/steamanalysis

I have only played 55% of my games... and over half of my total playtime belongs to FM 2010/11/12 :nono:

Grimario
July 15th, 2012, 7:22 PM
Monkey Island 1 & 2 are the new flash deals, $3.74 for the pair in a bundle.

Grimario
July 15th, 2012, 9:08 PM
New flash deal – Gothic and Arcania Bundle – 75% off @ $12.49

Includes....

Gothic 1
Gothic 2
Gothic 3
Gothic 3 Forsaken Gods Enhanced Edition
ArcaniA
ArcaniA: Fall of Setarrif

VHS
December 1st, 2012, 3:55 PM
Terraria... Hotline Miami... Mark of the Ninja... and Intrusion 2. All under 30 dollars.

Been playing the hell out of Terraria, and I think I rage quitted for the first time in my whole life. Had some ok gear, but also some things that aren't going to be easy to replace because I fogged up and found myself at the bottom of a bottomless demonite chasm filled with water. Drowned before I could even realize my mistake. I must have tried over a dozen times to retrieve my gear, which I was mainly concerned about an enchanted boomerang, Hermes boots, and cloud in a jar. The hole is so deep, I can't make it to the bottom without drowning. I figured I couldn't keep depleting my potions and lights just to get my irretrievable gear back. And a crap ton of gold too.

Will start over, bless it.

Bert
December 1st, 2012, 5:06 PM
VHS, what's your steam? Let's be friends.

Hero!
December 1st, 2012, 6:17 PM
Anybody else get in on this THQ deal over at Humble Bundle?

Bert
December 2nd, 2012, 5:37 AM
Anybody else get in on this THQ deal over at Humble Bundle?

I didn't. Because I own them all already. :$

Bad Collin
March 9th, 2013, 11:33 PM
I bought Tropico 4 in the Steam sale today. It is good fun but it doesn't work well with my graphics card (four crashes already) so I will probably not get too much more entertainment out of it. Shame, because I was enjoying that.

Mikey_Jones
March 10th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Trackmania recently came on Steam, it's a brilliant racing game. Worth a look

Hero!
November 5th, 2013, 3:18 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3odm79gCnE

sup humble bundle

Grimario
November 28th, 2013, 11:40 PM
Bert, how much have you spent so far this sale?

Bert
November 29th, 2013, 12:44 AM
$3.39 for Hammerwatch.

I just bought a 250GB PS3 Bundle with Last of Us and Batman Arkham Origins off Amazon for $199 ($174 with a gift card) though.

The only thing I'm really looking for in the sale is The Wolf Among Us.

Grimario
December 1st, 2013, 8:03 PM
I haven't bought a thing yet. Quite a few things I want but looking at my unplayed games list, I don't see any point adding new ones to it till I get through some of them a bit more.

Bert
December 1st, 2013, 9:26 PM
I bought The Wolf Among Us.

The_Mike
December 1st, 2013, 9:31 PM
I got Gunpoint, which I meant to pick up a while ago after really enjoying the demo. It's fun so far, for about $3 it is very much worthwhile. I love these little indy games that pick one thing and do it well.

Grimario
December 1st, 2013, 9:38 PM
I got Gunpoint, which I meant to pick up a while ago after really enjoying the demo. It's fun so far, for about $3 it is very much worthwhile. I love these little indy games that pick one thing and do it well.

Is that the demo that ends with stuff about buying the full game?

The_Mike
December 1st, 2013, 9:44 PM
Yeah, I think so. The whole thing has a decent sense of humour. I got an achievement for accidentally smacking myself in the face with a door.

Jez
December 2nd, 2013, 6:17 AM
I bought Super Meat Boy for around £4 and Just Cause 2 for £2. For those prices even if I only play them for an hour or two I won't mind. Now I just need a decent PC to be able to play them :)

The_Mike
December 2nd, 2013, 12:20 PM
Can't basically anything run Super Meat Boy?

The Rogerer
December 2nd, 2013, 12:36 PM
Maaaybe. It's deceptively demanding, and I once ran it on an onboard graphics chip where if the framerate starts getting low then strange things happened with going through portals.

The_Mike
December 2nd, 2013, 12:45 PM
Fair point, some 2D games are still pretty hard on the video card these days. Anyway, hope you enjoy them Jez.

The Rogerer
December 2nd, 2013, 12:50 PM
Super Meat Boy is an excellent game, but I haven't come close to finishing it despite owning it for years. When I play the later levels (which aren't even really the later levels but probably only 20% of the game, ha) it's so tense that I feel I'm straining muscles. To it's credit, I never feel frustrated. I generally leave it for quite a long time between sessions though, it can feel draining, but in a good way.

Best platformer in ever, really. Redefined platforming from something that I thought was completely stagnant.

Jez
December 2nd, 2013, 12:51 PM
The only PC I have access to at the moment is a 4 year old netbook which probably couldn't run pong without dropping frames. I am planning on investing in a gaming PC in the next few months once the Christmas debt eases off a bit.

Grimario
December 3rd, 2013, 8:20 PM
www.humblebundle.com - pay what you want! Price in brackets is current store price on Steam US

In short... spend $5 and get $165 worth of games.

Natural Selection 2 ($25)
Sanctum 2 ($15)
Magicka + all DLC ($40)

Pay more than average (currently $4.01 USD) and unlock bonus games.

Orcs Must Die 2 Complete ($25)
Garry's Mod ($2.50 - on sale, RRP $10)
Serious Sam 3: BFE ($40)

Plus bonus game to be unlocked in the near future

The_Mike
December 3rd, 2013, 9:07 PM
Goddamit stop giving me cheap games I will won't get around to playing. :p

Grimario
December 3rd, 2013, 9:12 PM
The Humble Bundles are ridiculous. I honestly might not buy a steam game from steam ever again. I ALMOST bought Natural Selection 2 and Garry's Mod during the sale but decided that $6.24 or whatever NS2 was was just too much to justify spending for something I might not play a great deal. $5 for the lot though... jeebus.

The Rogerer
December 4th, 2013, 10:56 AM
I just had to give up. I have bought nearly every humble bundle, then bought them as gifts, then never played them.

The_Mike
December 8th, 2013, 2:00 PM
I caved and got the bundle. I threw in five bucks I had sitting in a Paypal account I haven't used in years. I was going to buy Gary's Mod alone for that during the Steam sale but got distracted and missed it. Apparently there are even more games due in this bundle on Tuesday. It's like Christmas.

I have only had time to play a bit of Orcs Must Die! 2, seems like a fun way to while away ten minutes here and there with a bit of strategy.

Grimario
December 8th, 2013, 5:23 PM
OMD2 is one of my favourite 2 player Co-op games of recent times. A work colleague and I used to lose 5-6 hours on a Friday night playing co-op stuff and along with Portal 2, this was easily the most fun.

Grimario
December 8th, 2013, 5:30 PM
Also, Sanctum was excellent co-op as well, so I assume that the sequel is as good if not better.

The_Mike
December 13th, 2013, 9:13 PM
I should probably find someone to co-op it with, I am not very good on my own. I can get by levels on easy with little in the way of serious problems, and on normal with a bit of effort, but I'm pretty sure my strategies are awful. I generally try to create bottlenecks where one little area has a half dozen traps pointed at two or three squares, turning everything that steps into the killzone into mince, but obviously the traps have to reset for a while so the next group just saunter through. Spreading traps out a bit or staggering them just leaves me with a million half-damaged orcs to deal with. I can generally mow them down myself once they get towards the Rift but I am thinking I'm doing something wrong to not be more efficient.

Anyway, speaking of Steam, the SteamOS is available to download, albeit slowly at the moment. I'm interested but it's a very early beta, apparently, not something you could dual boot with (or even capable of handling basic media files), plus it only works with NVIDIA hardware just now. Assuming it has some basic desktop functionality in the end, and isn't going to just be a Steam client you can't exit, I'd be interested in running it eventually for efficient gaming. For some reason it needs a 500GB hard disc, minimum, though. That seems peculiar.

Grimario
December 19th, 2013, 5:34 PM
Grimario - add me (it's a tough name to work out)

I won't be able to co-op for a few weeks - the net at my house has gone to proper shit with a bit of bad weather we had a few weeks back and with me moving house early in January, I haven't bothered going through the pain of having it fixed (even if I do work for the mega corporation that owns the network).

That aside, I love a bit of co-op gaming. Enjoy it far FAR more than DM, team DM or single player gaming. FORCED, OMD2, Dungeon Defenders, Sanctum 1/2 all have significant playtime for me.

Grimario
December 19th, 2013, 5:41 PM
Also....

STEAM WINTER SALE

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/Grimario/steamday1_zps84a28863.jpg

New flash sales in around 4 hours.

Bert
December 19th, 2013, 6:46 PM
Grimario - add me (it's a tough name to work out)

I won't be able to co-op for a few weeks - the net at my house has gone to proper shit with a bit of bad weather we had a few weeks back and with me moving house early in January, I haven't bothered going through the pain of having it fixed (even if I do work for the mega corporation that owns the network).

That aside, I love a bit of co-op gaming. Enjoy it far FAR more than DM, team DM or single player gaming. FORCED, OMD2, Dungeon Defenders, Sanctum 1/2 all have significant playtime for me.

My friends were trying to find a game we could all play on days when we don't feel like going to anyone's house and we ended up playing Dungeon Defenders because we all owned it.

I already had 70 hours on it and I have a level 70 monk, 62 squire, 50 something wizard and some more lower level characters but I had forgotten how much fun this game was.

Now I'm just waiting for it to be a daily deal on the sale so my friends can buy the DLC for cheap.

I wish I could have a good ranged character and still use the Squire's towers. His are by far the best. Since I can't though I think I'm going to just increase his speed until he walks faster than the average turtle and then put everything into a tower build.

Grimario
December 19th, 2013, 6:53 PM
My friends were trying to find a game we could all play on days when we don't feel like going to anyone's house and we ended up playing Dungeon Defenders because we all owned it.

I already had 70 hours on it and I have a level 70 monk, 62 squire, 50 something wizard and some more lower level characters but I had forgotten how much fun this game was.

Now I'm just waiting for it to be a daily deal on the sale so my friends can buy the DLC for cheap.

I wish I could have a good ranged character and still use the Squire's towers. His are by far the best. Since I can't though I think I'm going to just increase his speed until he walks faster than the average turtle and then put everything into a tower build.

How stable is it now? They went through a phase of absolutely destroying all character builds - first the Apprentice was superior, then they got hugely nerfed meaning all tactics had to be changed. We had a group of 3 of us that pumped about 50 hours into it over a month or two and when it changed so drastically, we all got the shits and dropped it.

And Bert... have you seen the new store flag added? "AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting No"

Might mean I have to get you to gift me lots of cheaper US games this sale rather than in the future :(

Bert
December 19th, 2013, 7:52 PM
How stable is it now? They went through a phase of absolutely destroying all character builds - first the Apprentice was superior, then they got hugely nerfed meaning all tactics had to be changed. We had a group of 3 of us that pumped about 50 hours into it over a month or two and when it changed so drastically, we all got the shits and dropped it.

And Bert... have you seen the new store flag added? "AllowCrossRegionTradingAndGifting No"

Might mean I have to get you to gift me lots of cheaper US games this sale rather than in the future :(

Pretty stable I think. There is an option to respec your hero (for X mana) though.

I heard about it but I haven't looked into if it's for everything or only some games or what.

Grimario
December 19th, 2013, 7:55 PM
Pretty stable I think. There is an option to respec your hero (for X mana) though.

I heard about it but I haven't looked into if it's for everything or only some games or what.

The respec bit isn't what I mean... think that was always there. The problem was the complete changing in how the towers worked. They nerfed range/ROF/damage/effects at random meaning a strategy worked one week then completely changed the next week.

And it's only just been implemented... think it was specific to South America to start with.

Bert
December 23rd, 2013, 12:17 AM
The sales this year are crazy. It seems like everything is $5.

You can get Max Payne 3 for $4. $4! $7 for the game and all the DLC, that's unreal.

Witcher 2 is $5, Rouge Legacy is basically $5, Oblivion is $5, Sleeping Dogs is $5, $8 for the game and all DLC, CS GO is $4,

Walking Dead is a flash deal for $6.

Grimario
December 23rd, 2013, 12:23 AM
And Dragon Age Origin + all DLC is $7.50

Grimario
December 25th, 2013, 5:25 PM
Left 4 dead 2 is currently free to "buy" on steam right now.

However, steam us currently down because of the overwhelming rush by people trying to get a free game

Bert
December 25th, 2013, 6:09 PM
Castle of Illusion is $3.75 and redeems on Steam http://www.amazon.com/Castle-Illusion-Online-Game-Code/dp/B00EZAWS38

Injustice Ultimate Edition is $19.99 and redeems on Steam http://www.amazon.com/Injustice-Gods-Among-Ultimate-Online/dp/B00GHTP7SS/ref=sr_1_5?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1388009374&sr=1-5&keywords=injustice+gods+among+us+ultimate+edition

Dungeon Defenders is on a flash sale and is 80% off not that you can tell since everyone is still trying to get l4d2.

Grimario
December 26th, 2013, 5:54 AM
Dungeon Defenders is on a flash sale and is 80% off not that you can tell since everyone is still trying to get l4d2.

It's 85% off now, can buy the entire collection with all DLC for $7.50.

Base game costs $2.24 or you can buy a 4 pack for $6.74.

Highly recommend this game to anyone who wants to play co-op gaming on PC. It's a hybrid tower defense/third person shooter/melee and is absolutely fantastic fun.

Bert
December 26th, 2013, 5:09 PM
Hotline Miami is $2. Buy it Grim.

Torn
December 26th, 2013, 5:12 PM
Everyone buy it. Anyone who reads that post buy it.

The_Mike
December 26th, 2013, 5:17 PM
Sold!

Matthew
December 26th, 2013, 5:20 PM
hotline miami is great

Grimario
December 26th, 2013, 5:30 PM
It's exclusively single player, right?

Matthew
December 26th, 2013, 5:43 PM
yea

Matthew
like bert's dick

Matthew
booooooooooooom

the kid still has it

Bert
December 27th, 2013, 2:10 PM
Orcs must die 2 is $3.75

Bert
It's multiplayer

Bert
like Matthew's mom

The_Mike
December 27th, 2013, 9:49 PM
Hotline Miami is mental. I have no idea if I'm not bad or atrocious at it. I really like that each attempt through a level can go very differently, but it does bug me a tad that the AI seems to be 100% accurate, it makes me feel a little less free if I know I cannot let anyone fire a bullet my way. Maybe I've just been in too close quarters so far to see them really miss, though.

stylepoints
January 1st, 2014, 6:49 PM
I've bought tons of games over the most recent sale, but Evoland was a nice surprise. It's a classic rpg that enhances itself as the game progresses. Basically to sum it up, the game goes from old school to new school. Neat!

Grimario
January 1st, 2014, 6:50 PM
Is that the one that starts off as a grayscale pixelated game before moving up through different colour scales and finishing in a rather modern look?

Matthew
January 1st, 2014, 6:59 PM
that would be exactly what he described

dummy

lets play games

stylepoints
January 1st, 2014, 7:00 PM
Yes. It starts out looking like a gameboy title, then 8-bit, 16-bit, 3d, etc. The game basically develops as you play. I think it's only a few bucks still. At that price I'd def recommend it.

Bert
January 23rd, 2014, 8:05 PM
Does anyone want The Binding of Isaac or Dungeons of Dredmor?

They're both roguelikes and fun games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-M6Bre45iA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JhylkmIfRIM

Bert
January 25th, 2014, 4:46 PM
Grim and anyone else Defender's Quest is $1.50, go buy it.

stylepoints
February 16th, 2014, 4:51 AM
Just bought Rust. What the fuck!?! Insanity. I'm in.

This pretty much sums it up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FYIGR53QwE

Mikey_Jones
June 21st, 2014, 9:58 AM
Steam Summer Sales have started up again, not many good deals today but always worth checking

BBF
June 21st, 2014, 10:05 AM
Just downloaded payday 2...before I realised it doesn't work on mac :(

VHS
June 21st, 2014, 12:07 PM
Never played Fallout 3...
Witcher, haven't played in years... Never played Witcher 2...
Never played Far Cry 3...

Lord, sales are da best.

http://i.imgur.com/SARCoOv.png

Pablo Diablo
June 21st, 2014, 1:08 PM
Yes Stanley's Parable. I'd been waiting for this.

Also anyone else get Risk of Rain. I played it before, not entirely above board, and it was lots of fun. Would love to try co-op.

JP
June 21st, 2014, 1:27 PM
Got myself Witcher 2, all the Far Cry(s) and Super Meat Boy in this sale so far.

Grimario
June 21st, 2014, 2:38 PM
I am really only looking for Borderlands 2 GOTY at 75% or better this sale. Also will be using my Bert connections to get it at USD instead of double the price from the Australian store.

The_Mike
June 21st, 2014, 5:13 PM
I finally got Papers, Please. Beautifully soul crushing it is.

The Rogerer
June 21st, 2014, 5:22 PM
I've gotten Gone Home so far, but of course it's not a game. I've been playing Far Cry 3 this weekend which is much better than I expected, although there's a lot of getting bit on the arm by dogs which is giving me flashbacks.

JP
June 21st, 2014, 6:12 PM
Just got to the I Wanna Be The Guy warp zone in Super Meat Boy.

I may actually kill myself.

The Rogerer
June 21st, 2014, 6:13 PM
I've nearly strained muscles playing that game

VHS
June 21st, 2014, 7:52 PM
My pinky is an unusable stump because of Super Meat Boy.

Bert
June 22nd, 2014, 1:10 AM
Every sale:

Oh sweet NBA2k14 is on sale.
http://i.imgur.com/WDi9mSK.png

Ok, well this Jazzpunk game seems like it might be cool.
http://i.imgur.com/NiFAJzD.png

Sleep purchasing is a serious problem, you guys.

mr sabu
June 22nd, 2014, 2:17 AM
adding to the list of games you'll never play again bert

Bert
June 22nd, 2014, 3:07 AM
You don't know me, man.

Or maybe you do I also have a lot of friends that I never talk to.

JP
June 22nd, 2014, 4:46 AM
Just got Arkham: Origins and that is that. No more. Nada.

mr sabu
June 22nd, 2014, 8:20 AM
You don't know me, man.

Or maybe you do I also have a lot of friends that I never talk to.

naaa don't have me on steam

think i remember you and someone else mkaing a massive list of games you've bought and never played

Bert
June 22nd, 2014, 12:52 PM
Yeah, it's bigger.

Grimario
June 22nd, 2014, 7:00 PM
Just got Arkham: Origins and that is that. No more. Nada.

You should get Borderlands 2 GOTY and play with me.

stylepoints
June 22nd, 2014, 7:22 PM
Has anyone played Always Sometimes Monsters? It's hard to get an accurate description of what this game is. I'm really want to pick this up but I just can't get a handle of what it's like.

Bert
June 22nd, 2014, 7:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD47IaxAnOs

mr sabu
June 22nd, 2014, 11:21 PM
just picked up borderlands 1 and 2, witcher, ffviii and psychnauts

VHS
June 22nd, 2014, 11:32 PM
Jeez... Witcher 2, Far Cry 3, and now Tomb Raider. These sales are from the seventh circle.

Grimario
June 22nd, 2014, 11:37 PM
Jeez... Witcher 2, Far Cry 3, and now Tomb Raider. These sales are from the seventh circle.

Wait till you have 500 games and only ever play 10 of them. Bert's pile of shame is considerably more than mine but both are shameful.

stylepoints
June 23rd, 2014, 1:32 AM
Evilquest is 50% off, bringing the grand total to $0.99. I loved this game. If you liked Crystalis, definitely pick this one up.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
June 23rd, 2014, 3:04 AM
Just bought Spelunky .... :happysad:

Someone advised me to buy Tomb Raider over Batman.. but.. I've chosen neither. I'm only 63% of the way through Asylum! :panic: Stupid side-quest-shit!

I already have some of the other, "bigger", games on sale (Fallout, Borderlands, etc) and a lot of the "indie" ones from HumbleBundle... I don't have an excessive mountain, mind.

mr sabu
June 23rd, 2014, 3:13 AM
for those who bought borderlands 2 goty make sure you also pick up ultimate valt hunter pack 2 as well it doesn't come with the goty edition

as for the headhunter packs there reasonably short ( 1 main mission , 1 side quest ) get em while there cheep there not the best in terms of extending the game but there cheap

Jez
June 23rd, 2014, 6:03 AM
I barely play Steam games but have so far bought Skyrim, The Walking Dead Season 1+2 (+ 400 days), Arkham Origins and The Witcher 2. I've also had to talk myself out of buying Deux Ex: Director's Cut, Borderlands 2 and The Wolf Among Us because I know I've already got more games on there than I'll play in the next 3 years!

Bert
June 23rd, 2014, 9:30 AM
Still, get The Wolf Among Us. It's really good. Hopefully we get the last episode before 2015 though.

Pablo Diablo
June 23rd, 2014, 1:56 PM
Get risk of rain. It's tough but fun.

stylepoints
June 23rd, 2014, 8:41 PM
Just picked up Always Sometimes Monsters and Shadowrun Returns: Dragonfall. Both excellent choices.

Bert
June 23rd, 2014, 10:18 PM
Everyone should get Marlow Briggs. It's basically God of War with a random black guy and it's $1.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gp32eCIR-MA
http://store.steampowered.com/app/249680/

Bert
June 24th, 2014, 6:25 PM
http://i.imgur.com/XbHk5WK.jpg

stylepoints
June 24th, 2014, 11:19 PM
Bastion is 85% off right now on a flash sale. I very strongly recommend this game for the sale price.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
June 25th, 2014, 6:44 AM
Spelunky is going to either a) make me have a breakdown and cry myself to sleep at night b) make me go on a killing spree or c) both.

I'm terrible at it :$

stylepoints
June 26th, 2014, 5:10 PM
I picked up Nestalgia the other day. Dragon Warrior meets Diablo. Love it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtou4KlvZlE

stylepoints
June 28th, 2014, 3:34 PM
Shadowrun Returns is now 75% off, bringing the total to $3.74. Dragonfall is 65% off or $5.99. I recommend picking up Dragonfall if you're going to get SR. Oh, and one more thing. If you don't like Shadowrun.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT0S4VN020M

stylepoints
June 28th, 2014, 9:07 PM
One Way Heroics is 75% off, bringing the total to $0.87.

mr sabu
June 28th, 2014, 10:43 PM
know it's not exactly on steam summer sale

but i reocmmend broforce

JP
June 29th, 2014, 8:02 AM
Okay, just got the entire GTA collection and The Last Remnant, but that is it, I swear.

VHS
June 29th, 2014, 10:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDLSirYQAik

Grimario
June 29th, 2014, 7:59 PM
Okay, just got the entire GTA collection and The Last Remnant, but that is it, I swear.

The Last Remnant is amazing.

You really should get Borderlands 2 GOTY and play co-op with me.

JP
June 29th, 2014, 9:32 PM
:lol:

Is it really that good?

Borderlands 2, I mean.

Pablo Diablo
June 29th, 2014, 9:44 PM
Had I not already beaten on PS3 I would have gotten it. And yes it is really that fun.

Grimario
June 29th, 2014, 9:58 PM
It's excellent. I only got it this week thanks to my US hook ups (cheers Berticus) but having played the first one to death, I knew I would love the sequel.

stylepoints
June 30th, 2014, 5:07 PM
I spent around $60-$70 on the summer sale overall. Very smart by Steam to have sales like these. I spent a nice chunk of change in the 2 weeks the sale was going on. I would have otherwise spent $0-10 the past couple of weeks on Steam. Was a nice opportunity to pick up a few gifts as well. Not giving any gifts to you dicks though. Those are going to my Steam friends.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
June 30th, 2014, 5:20 PM
I like Borderlands 2 but can't get into it... I have no idea why. Probably cos I play like a boring shit and try to snipe everything.

Bert
June 30th, 2014, 5:32 PM
I like Borderlands 2 but can't get into it... I have no idea why. Probably cos I play like a boring shit and try to snipe everything.

Listen to music while you do it. That's what I did. Also get better sniper rifles with electricity or fire or acid or anything really.

Bert
June 30th, 2014, 5:32 PM
Not giving any gifts to you dicks though. Those are going to my Steam friends.

Pfft, like you could give me something I don't already own.

Peter Griffin
June 30th, 2014, 5:38 PM
Fucking hate Last Remnants shitty fucking overly complex (for me) battle system.

mr sabu
June 30th, 2014, 6:12 PM

i just death trapped everything so the same.. doing another play through as maya now and it's going alot better

Bad Collin
June 30th, 2014, 6:55 PM
I have managed to only buy Banished so far.

Bert
June 30th, 2014, 7:57 PM
Well I'm afraid I've got some bad news, the sale is over.
http://i.imgur.com/jIDbtdb.gif

The Rick
June 30th, 2014, 8:30 PM

I find that you really need to play this with others. I loved BL2 when it came out, while playing with 2-3 other constants. We went through the first two pieces of DLC, and when they went on to play something else. I just couldn't get into the final two pieces of DLC, even though many told me it was the best in the series.

stylepoints
June 30th, 2014, 11:03 PM
Pfft, like you could give me something I don't already own.

No shit, Buyosaurus.

I have managed to only buy Banished so far.

That game has been in my wishlist forever and I was so on the fence about picking it up. How is it?

Also, if anyone has Rust, Dayz, Beasts of Prey, Infestation:SS(formorly WarZ), Face of Mankind, or other MMO sandbox, I'm pretty active in those type of games. Let me know if you want to mix it up.

JP
July 8th, 2014, 4:04 PM
The latest Humble Bundle is just ridiculous.

Fuck.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
July 9th, 2014, 6:31 AM
Did anyone buy during the sale (or otherwise) Project Zomboid? I've had my eye on this for ages - it's never really got much further since I first saw it than it is now - except it has a Multiplayer - which is a blessing and a curse.

A curse because either you got PVP (See Day Z and RUST for reasons THAT'S a good idea) or a ton of people acting in opposite directions.

Anyway, I bought it and just play it solo at the minute... I find it theraputic. It's like The Sims in the middle of The Walking Dead.

stylepoints
July 12th, 2014, 4:39 PM
Did anyone buy during the sale (or otherwise) Project Zomboid? I've had my eye on this for ages - it's never really got much further since I first saw it than it is now - except it has a Multiplayer - which is a blessing and a curse.

A curse because either you got PVP (See Day Z and RUST for reasons THAT'S a good idea) or a ton of people acting in opposite directions.

Anyway, I bought it and just play it solo at the minute... I find it theraputic. It's like The Sims in the middle of The Walking Dead.

I haven't bought it. Most of my friends have and it's on my wishlist. Tbh, I'm on a really big MMO kick right now and most of my video game money has been going toward that. Is Project Zomboid worth a buy at full price?

Grimario
July 13th, 2014, 3:53 AM
I haven't bought it. Most of my friends have and it's on my wishlist. Tbh, I'm on a really big MMO kick right now and most of my video game money has been going toward that. Is Project Zomboid worth a buy at full price?

No game is ever worth full price unless you desperately need to be part of D1 launch multiplayer, surely?

Bad Collin
July 20th, 2014, 7:41 PM
That game has been in my wishlist forever and I was so on the fence about picking it up. How is it?

Also, if anyone has Rust, Dayz, Beasts of Prey, Infestation:SS(formorly WarZ), Face of Mankind, or other MMO sandbox, I'm pretty active in those type of games. Let me know if you want to mix it up.

It's ok but I only played it for a few hours before moving on.

Bert
July 20th, 2014, 7:54 PM
Marvel Heroes is my crack right now.

I feel about Marvel Heroes how you brits feel about Football Manager. Yeah.

Grimario
July 21st, 2014, 3:45 AM

Installing now...

BBF
July 21st, 2014, 3:56 AM
If I've bought a game and it can't be used on a mac (cos I'm an idiot and didn't check first) is there anyway I can 'return' it or even gift it to someone?

Bert
July 21st, 2014, 3:58 AM
If it's in your inventory you can gift it, if it's already in your library then you can't gift it.

You can try to to make a support ticket and get a refund, there's been varying degrees of success with that but it's worth a try.

Grimario
July 27th, 2014, 11:35 PM

BTW, I'm not British :squint:

Marvel Heroes is quite excellent. Only stuck 9 hours or so into it but definitely enjoying it.

Any tips? Do's and don'ts with regards to crafter levelling up, items to make sure I keep etc?

Bert
July 28th, 2014, 12:31 AM
I know you're not British I was just thinking of Torn mostly. You non-Americans then. Covered everyone.

Level the crafter, then the enchanter, then whoever else. The gear and weapon vendors are alright but mostly you can find better EQ just from drops.

You shouldn't really need to sell anything ever. I don't think I have since Beta.

Put unique items in your stash if you have the space. You can exchange 4 of the same one for a unique usable for your hero. When you get runes dropping put them in the crafting tab of the stash.

Even if you don't have a team up hero you can still drag and drop stuff into their team up inventory. I usually do this with EQ I can't use yet, relics, event items (there's no event going on right now) and eternity splinters to make sure I don't sell or donate them.

Just ignore white items completely and eventually ignore green also unless you just want a bunch of stuff to donate.

Once you get to level 60 the highest level crafting materials (Pure) drop like candy so sell/donate all the lower ones when they start dropping for you. It's a lot easier (and less expensive) to split the higher ones to use crafter recipes than to merge the lower ones.

Legendary Quests are the best way to level up. Hit L to see what you need to do and if you've done it before in the story (like killing Juggernaut, Kingpin, etc) and know it's hard and you have the credits then re-roll it to something easier.

Grimario
July 28th, 2014, 12:42 AM
Cool. Have been levelling the Crafter, think I have him at 5 or 6. I think it was around L10 that I realised you could donate to them to level them up... so every drop since then has just been donated with the exception of uniques and any epics that have dropped for other characters. I might just donate them though, it's not like loot is difficult to come by and it's not like I was underpowered when I just had greens, so I assume the rest are similarly easy?

Bert
July 28th, 2014, 1:13 AM
Mostly. If you get to a point where you're just getting killed over and over go to a waypoint go to the challenges tab and do shield holo-sim. Even if you die the first wave you get a chest and it has purple and blue equipment in it.

stylepoints
July 28th, 2014, 4:04 AM
Does anyone here play Rust? I'm pretty hardcore into the game.

Grimario
July 29th, 2014, 11:29 PM
Does anyone here play Rust? I'm pretty hardcore into the game.

I like the idea of MMO survival games but hate them in practice. Running around scrounging up some water, a stick to tie a rock to... only to get shot by some guy who has played for 6 months and is running around with an AK-47. Meh. Time sink that a complete douche can ruin in a moment if they wish. And they wish it far FAR too often.

Grimario
July 29th, 2014, 11:32 PM
Mostly. If you get to a point where you're just getting killed over and over go to a waypoint go to the challenges tab and do shield holo-sim. Even if you die the first wave you get a chest and it has purple and blue equipment in it.

Plowed some more hours into it last night. Got Gambit as a random hero in a giveaway they did to celebrate Comic Con and then got Daredevil with my first Random box purchase with splinters. Not a fan of melee in the game but Daredevil has an interesting combo point mechanic with finisher moves, so could be decent to play. Gambit is much worse as he appears to be a hybrid, starting off with one of each attack.

Bert
July 30th, 2014, 12:36 AM
I'm having a tough time at the moment with Nightcrawler. He's way too squishy. He dies too easily and I'm going through med packs like crazy. I hear he gets better at higher levels but man this is going to be a grind. I might try someone else since I have a bunch of heroes.

VHS
July 30th, 2014, 1:08 AM
Started playing Skyrim for the first time about a week ago... I'm losing myself to it. Just losing myself.

Wood elf, archer, theif. Just started grinding for Soul gems, silver ingots, and enchanting. Help me.

Alf
July 30th, 2014, 6:04 AM
I spent weeks just walking around and rooting through dungeons. I tried getting back into it recently and just couldn't. Sadface. I've got all the DLC stuff to wade through.

VHS
July 31st, 2014, 3:01 PM
I'm level 21, and I've pretty much covered everything from Whiterun to the rop of the map. Like a straight line from Whiterun to the very top. I'm hoping I'm not leveling to slow. :(

I'm specializing in bows/arrows... and I have 3 bows. One glass bow w/ no enchanements, a dwarven bow w/ fire enchantment, and a dwarven bow w/ stamina enchancement. I'm wondering should I have bow w/ fire, ice, and shock damage, or will I not need to worry about that? I don't want to have to have separate bows for different enemies hopefully.

The_Mike
July 31st, 2014, 4:03 PM
I started getting back into Oblivion recently. I have an insane number of hours in Skyrim but eventually ran out of things to do and couldn't find any mods that really took my fancy. Oblivion modding has kept churning on in the meanwhile and the game can be made to look pretty spectacular.

Level 21 in a week is pretty good, I wouldn't worry about going too slowly. I never bothered with bow enchantments, but you might want to keep one with a fire enchantment around because there are a billion draugrs in Skyrim. Pumping those full of regular arrows gets tedious.

VHS
July 31st, 2014, 6:44 PM
I enchanted a bow w/ a soul gem filler and have been filling those suckers up like there's no tomorrow.

Grimario
August 17th, 2014, 5:50 AM
So, apparently, I have a TF2 hat worth $25 or something.

I didn't even know this was a thing until I had some random add me then within seconds I had a trade offer for some $5 game for my hat.

What in the fuck.

Bert
August 17th, 2014, 8:04 PM
Which hat? I have some but I actually play the game sometimes so I don't want to sell them.

Grimario
August 17th, 2014, 8:29 PM
BOMC or BMOC or BCOM... something to do with Christmas.

Basically it's a santa hat.

JP
August 21st, 2014, 6:47 AM

Jesus Christ Bert, Jesus fucking Christ. I am both in awe and terrified. 1314. Jesus Christ.

Grimario
August 21st, 2014, 6:54 AM

Jesus Christ Bert, Jesus fucking Christ. I am both in awe and terrified. 1314. Jesus Christ.

More impressive than "turtle" or whoever the fuck the poor guy you added first was...

Grimario
August 21st, 2014, 8:10 AM
https://www.humblebundle.com/

The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing - Complete Pack
Deadlight
Galactic Civilizations II: Ultimate Edition

Pay more than the average of $6.33 to unlock!
Terraria
THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII Steam Edition
Crusader Kings II
3 DLC Unit Packs

Pay $15 or more to unlock!
Age of Empires Legacy Bundle

More games coming soon!

HHHnFoley_Rulez
August 21st, 2014, 8:16 AM
Already own most of them :(

Grimario
August 21st, 2014, 8:20 AM
Only one I own is Terraria... will be picking up on pay day.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
August 21st, 2014, 8:21 AM
I've become "obsessed" with getting achievements in CK2. My british empire is most of Europe and half of the middle east.

It's unhealthy!

Bert
August 21st, 2014, 9:39 AM

:cool: :$

I've cut back a lot on buying games though. At least until the next sale.

Grim, I got my rocket racoon to level 60 in Marvel Heroes last night. Get on my level. That's my 3rd level 60.

Next I'm either leveling Starlord, Gambit, or Human Torch. I'm leaning towards Starlord though.

JP
August 21st, 2014, 11:48 AM
BlazeJP for anyone on Steam who wants to add me.

Gonna give Marvel a go since you guys are raving about it.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
August 21st, 2014, 11:55 AM
I was gunna say the same thing... Hmmmm :chin:

edit: 13gb.. motherfucker.. it better be worth it or I'm just gunna go back to Warcraft / Hearthstone.

Yeah.

That's right. :squint:

Bert
August 21st, 2014, 12:22 PM
JP you want to pick human torch. He's the best starter. There's a gay joke there but I'll leave it alone.

HFR has steam :panic:

What's your steam name, hfr? :panic:

HHHnFoley_Rulez
August 21st, 2014, 12:41 PM
Well... It's funny because... It's old. So..

It's a combination of two things really..

It's...

It's...

gillbergjr :happysad:

I fucking love Gillberg, alright?

JP
August 21st, 2014, 1:16 PM
I just searched for you and came up empty you horrible liar.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
August 21st, 2014, 1:35 PM
:eek:

edit: I've added you blazeJP.. IF THAT IS YOUR REAL NAME.

JP
August 21st, 2014, 2:54 PM

Uncle Phil?

HHHnFoley_Rulez
August 21st, 2014, 3:11 PM
Yep. I was using that name before he died, because one of the characters in L4D was identical to Uncle Phil from the Fresh Prince.

Pablo Diablo
August 21st, 2014, 4:18 PM
Robocraft.

That is all.

Bert
August 25th, 2014, 11:44 AM
So what do you guys think of Marvel Heroes?

HHHnFoley_Rulez
August 25th, 2014, 12:19 PM
:dunno: Seems a bit linear. :dunno: Too many bits of gear, too :P

Grimario
August 25th, 2014, 8:54 PM
:dunno: Seems a bit linear. :dunno: Too many bits of gear, too :P

Have you played an MMORPG before?

Apart from being able to quest in two closely level similar areas, I can't think how MMORPG's aren't all extremely linear. They are all just "throw in some crappy story shit with some experience to get to endgame content", surely?

Grimario
August 26th, 2014, 4:45 AM
If anyone wants the following games, holler...

Terraria
Saints Row: The Third
Titan Quest

Have left over keys from bundles... some of them many many moons ago that I didn't know hadn't been redeemed.

Mikey_Jones
August 26th, 2014, 7:08 AM
Robocraft.

That is all.

Robocraft is great fun. Very similar gameplay to World of Tanks but building your tanks is fantastic

I've been playing SpeedRunners lately, only £7 but it's superb. It's a platformer racing type game with 4-player online

BBF
August 26th, 2014, 7:14 AM
I'm getting fucked off with so many great games not being available on Mac so I'm selling it at the moment. Can't wait to get a PC back and go on a spending spree.

The Rogerer
August 26th, 2014, 8:23 AM
Alternatively put windows on it? Okay though.

BBF
August 26th, 2014, 8:48 AM
Well yes, I can dual boot but I'm at the point where I don't need the mac and can sell it, buy a PC with better specs and have a couple of hundred quid spare.

Bert
September 22nd, 2014, 9:09 PM
http://i4.minus.com/iEqAMfQHTUvbB.PNG

Full comic because it's a good comic:
http://www.dorkly.com/post/67991/which-long-awaited-game-would-you-wish-for

JP
September 25th, 2014, 12:37 PM
Pac Man Championship DX Thingymabob Versio 7.6 Y2J is free until Monday.

Gave it a download, pretty good fun.

Bert
October 4th, 2014, 4:26 AM
http://i.imgur.com/zwuiuQ4.png

I guess this means it's time to stop. I don't even own Isaac Rebirth yet though. :(

mr sabu
October 5th, 2014, 1:34 AM
god dam it bert how the fuck do you always find something to buy

Bert
October 5th, 2014, 10:33 PM
god dam it bert how the fuck do you always find something to buy

It's a gift :cool:

and a curse :(

Bert
October 15th, 2014, 11:16 PM
$4 for Tomb Raider right now. It's at least worth that much.

Pete Cash
October 15th, 2014, 11:21 PM
I don't tend to go for early access but I bought clockwork empires. I like gaslight as a company. I just hope I don't get burnt.

Pete Cash
October 15th, 2014, 11:23 PM
Gaslamp ffs.

This new phone is a nightmare.

Atty
October 15th, 2014, 11:25 PM
$4 for Tomb Raider right now. It's at least worth that much.

The new one?

JP
October 16th, 2014, 5:24 AM
Yep. Can get all of them for something ridiculous, too.

Peter Griffin
October 16th, 2014, 2:49 PM
http://www.destructoid.com/xcom-payday-2-and-eight-other-games-are-free-to-play-on-steam-this-weekend-282600.phtml

Bert
December 25th, 2014, 4:24 AM
Buy Super Meat Boy, it's only 74 cents.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/40800/

Shithead Rosk, you should buy it and learn what games are like in this century.

Bert
January 17th, 2015, 10:31 AM
http://steamleft.com/

http://i.imgur.com/bviVaJ6.png

Bert
February 5th, 2015, 2:24 PM
http://store.steampowered.com/sale/squareenixpublisherweekend2015/

There's a great Square Enix sale going on right now.

Grimario
February 23rd, 2015, 9:23 PM
Anyone interested in group buy for Dungeon Defenders 2?

Bert
February 23rd, 2015, 9:32 PM
I need to watch a video on it and see what it looks like it but I'm probably in. I really liked the first one.

Grimario
February 23rd, 2015, 10:03 PM
Should point out that it is early access and the game will be F2P when it comes out next year...

Purchasing it gets you $30 of in game shop money or something.

Bert
February 23rd, 2015, 11:35 PM
Yeah, I watched a video and found out it was free to play. But so is Marvel Heroes and I still really like that. And it sounds like it will just be cosmetic stuff so it won't be pay 2 win.

Beefy
March 16th, 2015, 6:37 AM
I picked up a new PC a couple of weeks ago but have nothing to really play on it. Need to be in the mood for Civ IV or Civ V and Football Manager is shit so I'm open to good recommendations.

Grimario
March 16th, 2015, 6:48 AM
Portal 2

Bad Collin
March 16th, 2015, 6:50 AM
I picked up a new PC a couple of weeks ago but have nothing to really play on it. Need to be in the mood for Civ IV or Civ V and Football Manager is shit so I'm open to good recommendations.

What kind of thing do you want?

Beefy
March 16th, 2015, 6:57 AM
Dunno.

Hlebsfall
March 16th, 2015, 7:34 AM
Get Cities: Skylines. Its what the new Sim City should've been if they hadn't absolutely fucked it up.

Pablo Diablo
June 11th, 2015, 1:07 PM
It's that time again.

The_Mike
June 11th, 2015, 1:09 PM
Sorry, the Steam Store is experiencing heavy load right now.

Beefy
June 11th, 2015, 4:20 PM
How long do the sales last for? I'm away from my PC until Monday :(

Pablo Diablo
June 11th, 2015, 4:56 PM
There are daily sales (well that's obvious) and flash sales (12 hours)

But don't worry the sales often come back around.

Beefy
June 11th, 2015, 5:22 PM
Got it...managed to log in on my iPad.

Pablo Diablo
June 11th, 2015, 5:25 PM
I went and picked up Valkyrie Chronicles.

Was debating between that and XCom. Could still get XCom mind you. Anyone want to sell me on it?

*edit* And I just went and bought it anyways.

My self control is awful today.

Grimario
June 11th, 2015, 9:00 PM
Both are fantastic.

So much I want to buy. Hmm.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
June 12th, 2015, 1:57 AM
Yeah I've got XCOM in my "cart" at the minute. Not sure what else to look at. Kinda hoping the CK2 DLCs have a massive sale on, since there's about a thousand (well, only like 6 game-changing ones) and I'm not handing over £60 or whatever the price is now!

Grimario
June 12th, 2015, 2:30 AM
Yeah I've got XCOM in my "cart" at the minute. Not sure what else to look at. Kinda hoping the CK2 DLCs have a massive sale on, since there's about a thousand (well, only like 6 game-changing ones) and I'm not handing over £60 or whatever the price is now!

Yeah, some fucker on here got me into CK2 and I want ALL the DLC. Especially the one that lets you load up the GoT mod that someone has spent a million hours creating.

There's a few things on sale today that I want but nothing that I am going to jump at just to fill my list with. Maybe the Metro redux bundle but probably not.

I think my buys this sale will be Kerbal, Wasteland 2 (maybe), The Banner Saga, Divinity: Original Sin... if the price is cheap enough.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
June 12th, 2015, 3:26 AM

CK2 is a great time sink. Not played it for ages because I've a) been "busy" and b) I've been "busy" hammering EU4 recently. they just released a new DLC/update that kind of ... not breaks... but .. breaks the mechanics (Diplomatic Annexation) of vassels making them much more expensive and removing a sort of "exploit" (its not interesting to explain) that people used to get around other negative mechanics... so it's almost a different game now. Maybe not that extreme. But I've probably spent about a day this week on it (i.e. 24 full hours over the week) cos I've been off and you can only climb so many hills (IRL).

Pablo Diablo
June 12th, 2015, 8:40 AM
I haven't even started a new game in EU4 since the patch came out. I even went and bought the new DLC but still haven't really played it yet. Waiting for the first hotfix to come out which should be today (it lowers the diploannex costs by 20% but coring is still ridiculously expensive).

That's one game that I...privateered and then got legit. Now's a great time to get into it if you want some grand world domination because most of the DLC is on sale.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
June 12th, 2015, 9:30 AM
Coring always has been "expensive"...ish, and.. well, for Western provinces. That's why you're meant to only take ones you have claims/cores in already! People were feeding provinces to their vassals and just eating the vassals after they core it.. so it wasn't particularly fair!

I've not bought Common Sense (the new DLC, in case it causes confusion) yet, I understand it opens up a bit more Protestant religious stuffs... might have a look at it soon, I doubt it'll go on sale (though I think it's only ~£10 at the minute anyway).

That summer game thing they have, I've tried every time I have a look and it's always "try again later" ... it hates me. Am I missing much?

Grimario
June 12th, 2015, 6:25 PM
Coring always has been "expensive"...ish, and.. well, for Western provinces. That's why you're meant to only take ones you have claims/cores in already! People were feeding provinces to their vassals and just eating the vassals after they core it.. so it wasn't particularly fair!

I've not bought Common Sense (the new DLC, in case it causes confusion) yet, I understand it opens up a bit more Protestant religious stuffs... might have a look at it soon, I doubt it'll go on sale (though I think it's only ~£10 at the minute anyway).

That summer game thing they have, I've tried every time I have a look and it's always "try again later" ... it hates me. Am I missing much?

Have you played any Cookie Clicker? It's basically that. Buy an auto shooter and just leave it idol. You can sit and click on aliens and level up your abilities with coins but there's not much substance to it.

Grimario
June 12th, 2015, 9:03 PM
I think my buys this sale will be Kerbal, Wasteland 2 (maybe), The Banner Saga, Divinity: Original Sin... if the price is cheap enough.

And maybe NBA 2K15. That's the cheapest it's ever been :chin:

Not going to jump on Wasteland 2... it's been down to $20 pretty often. And the others I have on my wishlist (Rogue Legacy, Legend of Grimrock II) I either have on console or won't play it soon enough to make it a buy.

Beefy
June 14th, 2015, 5:32 PM
Picked up Dawn of War II and Democracy 3. These sales are dangerous.

Grimario
June 14th, 2015, 8:00 PM
Picked up Dawn of War II and Democracy 3. These sales are dangerous.

It's the bundles that get me...

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/63475/
http://store.steampowered.com/sub/44166

Things like that.

Grimario
June 14th, 2015, 10:53 PM
Going to get Banner Saga and How to Survive today.

For $0.74, I am not sure I can really complain even if it is shit. Might even splash out and get the $0.99 Storm Warning edition with all the extra DLC.

Beefy
June 17th, 2015, 4:22 PM
Must stop buying PC games I'll never play. Just picked up Skyrim and Hearts of Iron III.

Grimario
June 17th, 2015, 8:02 PM
You should play Skyrim. I am sure you have a free 30,000,000 hours in your life to play it.

Grimario
July 1st, 2015, 11:45 PM
Bert, how many of these do you own?

http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundles/sims-mega-bundle

Atty
July 23rd, 2015, 4:28 PM
Ok, I've been drooling over the Steam Controllers that will come out in November.

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steam/apps/353370/ss_d2f5e7325666df6119ff1d42be73bac9594c5b1e.600x33 8.jpg?t=1437513181
http://store.steampowered.com/app/353370/

The controller is basically a must for me. They'll also be releasing Steam Link the same day, which is like an Apple TV that streams your computer straight to the tv. And then they'll be releasing the Alienware Steam Machines:

http://image.alienware.com/images/landings/steammachine/steammachine-gamestop-landingpage-banner-20150604.jpg
http://store.steampowered.com/app/353390/

So, what I'm wondering is how much hard drive space should I get in the Alienware Steam Machine? Entry model has a 500 GB hard drive, but I could see that filling up overnight. I basically play games via PS4/Wii U/360, so I don't have much on Steam. Also, my computer is a Mac, so the Steam Machine seems brilliant for me. I'd largely be using it for older games (KOTORs, et al) so I doubt I'd need a huge hard drive, but 500 seems small to me. Especially as I could see myself loading up a lot of games.

Also would be curious how mods would work with it.

Hero!
July 23rd, 2015, 5:59 PM
Wwe 2k15 is like $15 on steam right now for anyone who wants it

Atty
July 24th, 2015, 12:43 PM
Having done a bit more research, the main question I'd have on the Steam Machine is if I'd be able to add non-Steam games to it. By that, I'm really just thinking of Mass Effect 3 right now. I seem to be circling the Alienware hardware in my head to replace my 360 and house games from past generations.

Grimario
August 30th, 2016, 8:00 PM
If anyone wants a bit of a nostalgia hit...

https://www.humblebundle.com/sierra-bundle

And if the nostalgia isn't enticing enough, for $20 you get the entire 2015 release King's Quest game (Chapter 1-5 + epilogue) which is normally $30 by itself.

The_Mike
August 30th, 2016, 10:34 PM
Great find. I loved those Police Quest games, and the SWAT spin-offs. Does anyone even make any police games now? I heard Sierra tried to crowdfund a new one but failed.

Reech
September 21st, 2016, 3:55 AM
I have some random Steam codes for shit, anyone want any?

Star Wars Jedi Knight Dark Forces 2
Total War: Rome 2 - Caesar in Gaul (DLC) x 2
Monaco
Race the Sun
Orcs Must Die 2
Solar 2
Burnout Paradise (Origin key)
The Beginner's Guide

Grimario
September 21st, 2016, 4:41 AM
Got any codes for that roller coaster game?

Reech
September 21st, 2016, 4:53 AM
My roller coaster game? No.

Beefy
September 21st, 2016, 5:00 AM
I'd take Star Wars Battlefront 2 please Reech.

Grimario
September 21st, 2016, 5:14 AM
My roller coaster game? No.

I figured :p

stylepoints
September 21st, 2016, 5:31 AM
I have some random Steam codes for shit, anyone want any?

Prison Architect

I'd take Prison Architect if you don't mind.

Reech
February 16th, 2017, 4:48 AM
I got some more free shit since I bought the latest massive Humble Bundle.

Super Hexagon
t'Stanley Parable - gone
t'Swapper
2064: Read Only Memories
Tower of t'Guns
A Virus Named Tom
Rocket Birds: Hardboiled Chicken.