PDA

View Full Version : The League

Bert
December 14th, 2011, 4:05 AM
http://i.imgur.com/E19bZ.jpg

It was on a bunch of people's lists for top 10 sitcoms, yet we have no thread for it.

http://i.imgur.com/5Kpkb.jpg
The latest episode was really good, I wish I got to grab Eliza Dushku's boobs.

I also love Jon Lajoie from his youtube videos so it's great to see him on TV regularly.

Just in time for fantasy football playoffs, FX has renewed The League for a fourth season. The comedy's third season has built on its audience to the tune of 1.7 million viewers, a 25-percent increase from last year. Translation: After starting out and becoming known as "the show that's paired with It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia," The League has found its stride and is getting more popular. Season 4 will premiere next fall.

:hyper:

Atty
December 20th, 2011, 2:41 AM
http://i.imgur.com/5Kpkb.jpg
[/color][/font]

I haven't seen this show, but whoever that guy is, he's now a hero of mine. Faith's boobies > *

LOCONUT
December 20th, 2011, 2:43 AM
The show hasn't been as fluid this season as last year but its still a solid comedy and looks to be picking steam back up the last couple eps.

Mik
December 20th, 2011, 7:09 AM
I'm pretty sure that I watched this on Miotch's recommendation. Cant remember if it was the first two seasons, but I enjoyed it. Never got around to watching the third though.

Matty C
December 20th, 2011, 9:42 AM
This is on FX, right? We just finally got FX in Canada and I saw some promos for it. Can someone sum up what it's all about for me? I assume it revolves around guys who like fantasy sports but that's just from the promos and I could be way off.

Pablo Diablo
December 20th, 2011, 11:32 AM
I'm pretty sure that I watched this on Miotch's recommendation. Cant remember if it was the first two seasons, but I enjoyed it. Never got around to watching the third though.

I think it was me back when we had the Challenge thread and I think I read Neverwhere. That thread worked somewhat.

And Matty, yes it's based around a group of people who play fantasy football together. That's just the way they get them to be together though, very funny show.

Agree with GBF that it hasn't been as smooth this season however.

Fro
December 20th, 2011, 11:37 AM
The episode with Sarah Silverman and Jeff Goldblum from a few weeks ago was so good.

Pablo Diablo
December 20th, 2011, 11:42 AM
I'll never look at sorbet the same.

Simmo Fortyone
December 29th, 2011, 2:55 AM
Halfway through season 2 and loving this show. I really don't like Taco - that character seems really forced. "He's stupid and sleeps with lots of women!" ...yeah alright but there's not much else.

virms
June 6th, 2012, 4:50 PM
Finally got around to this show and I have been enjoying it. The guy grabbing Dusku's boobs is more or less just a carbon copy of Will Ferrell to me. His looks, voice and mannerisms just reek of Ferrell.

I don't think any character stands out to much although I love the wife who is in the football league. Find her and her personality extremely attractive.

thetony
June 6th, 2012, 4:57 PM
Andre is my fav.

Keep checking to see if the new season is out or not. Not sure when..

edit; wiki is telling me fall of 2012.

virms
June 6th, 2012, 7:27 PM
I do wish FX would start doing full seasons of shows. It's Always Sunny, Justified and this could do with 20+ episodes a season.

Dubya
June 6th, 2012, 7:59 PM
Yeah, I agree.. the NFL season is 17 weeks long.. they should have like 16 episodes.. like an episode for each week of the season.. and you could even have a few leading up to the season and then the draft. Really BLOW THIS SHOW UP.

virms
June 6th, 2012, 8:34 PM
Yeah a special draft episode would be good and they could easily film a super bowl special. CMON FX

Aussie_Outlaw
June 6th, 2012, 8:42 PM
I don't think any character stands out to much although I love the wife who is in the football league. Find her and her personality extremely attractive.

Funnily enough she's actually married to the actor who plays "Pete".

I miss The League, it's been too long since I saw a new episode. Last year it ended up being the first show from that "Thursday" set of comedies I'd watch.

Fro
June 6th, 2012, 9:29 PM
The guy grabbing Dusku's boobs is more or less just a carbon copy of Will Ferrell to me. His looks, voice and mannerisms just reek of Ferrell.

Funny you should say that because I've always thought Taco was a Will Ferrell clone. Maybe Ferrell has just become the template for comedy.

virms
June 10th, 2012, 1:44 PM
After watching all 3 seasons my favorite character is by far Rafi.

DIVE FOR THE KNIFE!

Fro
October 23rd, 2012, 8:35 PM
This is back.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/8884/leaguehardknockspostddt.jpg

Mark Hammer
October 25th, 2012, 2:27 AM
Just caught the first episode of the first season. Fantastic show.

Mark Hammer
October 27th, 2012, 7:44 PM
Did I speak too soon? First season was wonderful but I have given up after just the second episode of season 2. What happened to this show?

Chris Dolmeth
October 27th, 2012, 7:50 PM
Yeah, I wasn't too impressed with this show after season one, either. To me, this season has been awful so far.

Fro
October 28th, 2012, 10:21 AM
Have you seen the episode "The Hoodie"? It was this show at its best, I thought, what with the whole waiver wire in real life / life commissioner / Andre as a dick/vag bits. One of my favorite episodes for sure.

Overall I thought seasons 1 and 2 were great but 3 was a bit of step backwards.

Bert
December 20th, 2012, 4:12 PM
Renewed for a Season 5. I've really liked this show lately. I've been watching it before I watch Sunny even.

Fro
December 20th, 2012, 4:46 PM
Yeah this season has been great, better than last I'd say.

LOCONUT
December 20th, 2012, 6:41 PM
Season 2 was by far the strongest but I have really liked this season as well. Certainly an improvement from last year. I couldnt be happier that they dont have Taco singing his stupid songs anymore either...

Simmo Fortyone
December 20th, 2012, 7:48 PM
This season got off to a really slow start, but the last two episodes were great. Not many shows can make implied domestic violence funny.

Bert
March 28th, 2013, 5:44 PM
http://www.tv.com/news/fx-renews-the-league-legit-and-its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-all-three-shows-will-move-to-its-new-sister-network-fxx-136448148389/

The League, which will debut its fifth season this fall, has been renewed for Season 6... guaranteeing that the show will also be on the air through 2014.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mbvnjuzNDh1r1ukqvo2_500.gif

blackening
March 28th, 2013, 8:18 PM
Its also going to be on the new FXX channel along with Its Always Sunny.

I'm a few episodes into the 2nd season and I'm loving this show.

Rosterbating :lol:

Bert
September 5th, 2013, 12:22 AM
Seth Rogen as Dirty Randy was great.

"I do not know what a trident is but these are dildos." :lol:

Fro
September 5th, 2013, 8:45 PM
Full blownsies

The premiere was great.

blackening
September 5th, 2013, 10:07 PM
Really good premiere.

Andre: Fine. But I'm not that comfortable with this.
Kevin: Ah, who gives a shit.

:lol:

Bert
September 6th, 2013, 2:31 AM
... Last night's debuts of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and The League on new network FXX weren't that bad considering viewers hardly know that FXX even existed. Sunny's Season 9 premiere drew 757,000 viewers, down from about a million from last year, and The League's Season 5 opener nabbed 786,000 viewers, down from the 910,000. FXX is currently in 26 million fewer homes than FX, which means these numbers are pretty good. Especially since people were probably hunting down FXX on their cable guides as the shows were airing. [FXX via press release]

Not bad.

virms
September 6th, 2013, 3:33 AM
It's like wiping peanut butter out of a shag carpet :lol:

virms
September 6th, 2013, 3:43 AM
Rafi on AIDS

Every morning take a baby asprin. Ok? If you're gonna fly take two. That shit will be gone in month.

Fuck sake :lol:

blackening
September 6th, 2013, 2:05 PM
What is this? A dumb dildo convention? :lol:

Rafi is the shit. Him and Andre are my favorites.

Bert
September 12th, 2013, 12:38 AM
The amount of football players on this show is getting nuts.

"Those are my condoms, I was going to pretend to use those." :lol:

Bert
September 28th, 2013, 1:53 AM
Dana White shooting some guy in the head on The League. Weird.

David Krumholtz got fat.

blackening
September 4th, 2014, 7:11 PM
The new season started last night. It was pretty funny.

Bert
September 4th, 2014, 7:45 PM
Damn I had it on my calender but haven't checked it recently. Thanks for the heads up.

Hero!
September 4th, 2014, 7:58 PM
FINALLY got all caught up through season 5. Will be watching this new episode tomorrow.

Fro
September 22nd, 2014, 11:17 PM
Adolph Heightler lol. The first 2 episodes have been great.

virms
September 25th, 2014, 11:43 AM
This last episode was just insane. FX must really love this show to allow them to create such absurd filler. I am still unsure how I feel about the episode. Granted there were laughs to be had but it was just so bizarre.

Fro
September 25th, 2014, 11:59 AM
I haven't watched the new one yet but I love Rafi and I find it amusing and kinda cool that Seth Rogen continues to do spots on this show despite being a movie star.