October 28th, 2011, 8:13 AM
http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/fox/chronicle/

Looks very interesting...

Ringo
October 28th, 2011, 8:58 AM
Neat.

Mik
October 28th, 2011, 12:46 PM
Aye, didnt someone post this in the trailers thread the other day?

First I've seen of it, but it looks pretty fucking interesting.

Canuck
October 29th, 2011, 8:34 AM
Yeah, I think Casey did. Got my interest though. The kid from Friday Night Lights is in it. Interested in seeing how he is in a different role.

mth
October 29th, 2011, 10:34 AM
Looks pretty cool and intriguing.

Bert
October 29th, 2011, 11:27 AM
I found Wallace.

Quicktime can suck a dick.

chronicle trailer HD - YouTube

This looks good, I'll be seeing it.

Marlon Dingle
February 2nd, 2012, 11:20 AM
Where the fuck Wallace at String?

Good film spoilt by a horrible ending.

No need for the found footage style either.

Jay
February 2nd, 2012, 12:13 PM
Flying People in New York City - YouTube

Very inventive and cool idea.

MACE
February 3rd, 2012, 11:05 PM
AWFUL.

Bert
February 3rd, 2012, 11:23 PM
AWFUL.

The movie or youtube video?

MACE
February 3rd, 2012, 11:41 PM
Movie. My bad.

Delta Devil
February 4th, 2012, 12:30 AM
From what I've heard, this is a great movie. Very imaginative and "makes you wish super heroes were as creative as this" in terms of having powers.

virms
February 4th, 2012, 2:30 AM
As in having the force?

Mik
February 4th, 2012, 6:16 AM
It's a good idea that is averagely executed. Some shots are excellent and there is great potential there, but the story/character development is really mediocre, the script is poor at times and the main guy cannot act. Really overrated film which is still quite fun at times. Don't know what the critics are seeing. Also should've never been a 12A either.

Mik
February 4th, 2012, 6:18 AM
Also Cloverfield is a vastly superior found footage film which is hugely underrated.

Jimmy Zero
February 4th, 2012, 6:02 PM
I agree with you a million percent about Cloverfield. What a great movie.

This looks pretty cool. I'll give it a watch at some point, I'm sure.

Beer-Belly
February 4th, 2012, 6:06 PM
My friend saw it yesterday and said it was shit.

Cloverfield was great, though. I'd guess that most people only dog on it because it was so heavily hyped.

Bert
February 4th, 2012, 6:32 PM
and the main guy cannot act.

By "main guy" you better not mean Michael B. Jordan. He's amazing.

G-Fresh
February 4th, 2012, 8:22 PM
This shit looks like a dude version of The Craft.

Wack

Mik
February 4th, 2012, 8:28 PM
By "main guy" you better not mean Michael B. Jordan. He's amazing.

He's not the main guy, so no.

Bert
February 19th, 2012, 8:20 PM
Wow, 84% for this on RottenTomatoes, while Safe House has a score of 51%. And Ghost Rider 2 has 15%. Wow.

Chris Scott
February 21st, 2012, 4:52 PM
Yeah thought the movie was good but towards the end didn't expect them to go the way the did.

Bert
April 17th, 2012, 10:01 PM
Yeah thought the movie was good but towards the end didn't expect them to go the way the did.

Just got back from seeing it. That's how I felt also.

Hopefully the sequel will give more background on what exactly it was that gave them powers.

Overall I liked it, I just wish
Wallace lived longer. :(

son_of_foley
April 19th, 2012, 5:04 AM
Really properly enjoyed this when I saw it. Some of the CGI is a bit poor but it doesn't take away much. Great film

Fro
April 13th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Watched this last week.

I thought it was a good premise and the way they gradually built up and played around with their powers was cool. My problem with this movie is that the three main characters, particularly the lead geeky kid, are all intolerable twats. Just being in their company for 80 minutes was hard to sit though, in fact I needed to watch it in two parts. I'm all for the lead being a bullied kid who becomes the bad guy and exacts revenge on the world that shunned him, but they should have made him somewhat likable at the beginning. Or at least made the cousin a better protagonist. Instead all three of them are annoying teenagers - which I understand was the intention - but not having a good, relatable character hurt this film greatly.

VanillaJello
April 13th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Watched this last week.

I thought it was a good premise and the way they gradually built up and played around with their powers was cool. My problem with this movie is that the three main characters, particularly the lead geeky kid, are all intolerable twats. Just being in their company for 80 minutes was hard to sit though, in fact I needed to watch it in two parts. I'm all for the lead being a bullied kid who becomes the bad guy and exacts revenge on the world that shunned him, but they should have made him somewhat likable at the beginning. Or at least made the cousin a better protagonist. Instead all three of them are annoying teenagers - which I understand was the intention - but not having a good, relatable character hurt this film greatly.

I thought Michael Jordan was pretty great in the movie, actually.

mth
April 13th, 2013, 2:07 PM
I liked this movie. Wasn't as good as it could have been, though, but I would recommend it.

Judas Iscariot
April 13th, 2013, 2:42 PM
I thought it was a pretty good watch. I'd like to watch it again, in fact.

Whatever his name is does a great job.

Mik
April 13th, 2013, 8:04 PM
I thought Michael Jordan was pretty great in the movie, actually.

Wallace.

Pipkin
April 13th, 2013, 9:23 PM
This movie felt like a huge missed opportunity to me. It was fine, but I had some of the same problems that I've seen others in here address. The way the main characters were written made me root against them, the found footage style seemed unnecessary, and the star sucked. The idea could have been something special, but what we got was a collection of poor decisions with some neat visuals.

VanillaJello
April 14th, 2013, 12:54 AM
Wallace.

Vince Howard.

Mik
April 14th, 2013, 5:58 PM
This movie felt like a huge missed opportunity to me. It was fine, but I had some of the same problems that I've seen others in here address. The way the main characters were written made me root against them, the found footage style seemed unnecessary, and the star sucked. The idea could have been something special, but what we got was a collection of poor decisions with some neat visuals.

I think thats a pretty much perfect review for my money.