PDA

View Full Version : The Stone Roses reforming?

wardy
October 17th, 2011, 1:06 PM
On my shit phone so cant really post links and that but apparently they're holding a press conference tomorrow to announce their reunion.

I really hope they do a proper tour cause I'd jizz in my fucking y-bobs if I seen them all on stage together. Even if they're shit.

Anyone else heard anything/as excited as me? Where's that prick Hutch?

wardy
October 17th, 2011, 5:37 PM
Thanks for the input lads. Here's a source:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/music-news/8831066/Stone-Roses-reunion-Its-happening.html

Prototype16
October 17th, 2011, 5:49 PM
Really want this to happen - there's been so many rumours of it in the past that have come to nothing - hopefully this time it's true. We'll see tomorrow

It would be amazing to see them live

wardy
October 18th, 2011, 8:30 PM
Well they've officially reformed now. Tickets go on sale for 2 gigs in Manchester next year, followed by a world tour and new songs. YALDY!

Red Dog
October 21st, 2011, 12:14 PM
Just got tickets!!!!

Cannot fucking wait!!!

MikeHunt
October 22nd, 2011, 8:07 AM
due to being skint i couldn't get tickets for manchester. gutted. however the world tour is signed aswell, fucking glasgow green please!!! anywhere will do but not wanky t in the park for the show up here.

wardy
October 22nd, 2011, 1:02 PM
Finally some cunt replied. I tried to get tickets from 9:30am til 1pm yesterday and didn't get a sniff. Every website crashed about a million times and every phone line was jammed until they were all sold out. How did you get yours Red Dog?

I'm still fucking gutted but will definitely catch them in Scotland or elsewhere in the UK if I have to.

MikeHunt
October 22nd, 2011, 1:50 PM
yup 100% will be at one of the gigs in the uk. hopefully hyde park.

have they announced another date for the 1st of july? i heard it on sunny govan today but i do not trust this as a source.

El Capitano Gatisto
October 22nd, 2011, 1:54 PM
I tried getting tickets as well but they were gone straight away, no doubt for half of them to appear on eBay for hundreds of squid. There's talk that they'll be playing Slane next summer in Ireland so will hopefully get to that.

MikeHunt
October 22nd, 2011, 1:55 PM
bid of £1 Million for a pair on ebay. i want to go but come on?

El Capitano Gatisto
October 22nd, 2011, 2:03 PM
I would guess that is a joke bid. I actually think spamming all ticket sellers on eBay with joke bids for in-demand events would be a great idea. If you need to get rid of tickets, you can stick them on there at face value, otherwise you're a bastard. I despise the market for marked up tickets.

The Rogerer
October 22nd, 2011, 2:10 PM
I'd like to see them, even if I did walk out of an Ian Brown gig. Terrible.

MikeHunt
October 22nd, 2011, 2:14 PM
I would guess that is a joke bid. I actually think spamming all ticket sellers on eBay with joke bids for in-demand events would be a great idea. If you need to get rid of tickets, you can stick them on there at face value, otherwise you're a bastard. I despise the market for marked up tickets.

this is a brilliant idea.

turdpower
October 23rd, 2011, 7:44 PM

When and why?

wardy
October 23rd, 2011, 7:50 PM
He was awful at Rockness last year, people were chucking stuff at him. Don't blame Rodgers for that decision.

MikeHunt
October 23rd, 2011, 8:27 PM
he is very much hit and miss, unfortunately moreso miss.
two of the three times ive seen him he has been fucking dreadful, (rockness included). the 1 time he was brilliant was fucking special, i think it is to do with being a perfectionist, so one thing sounding a bit shitty live really fucks him off and therefore ruins the show.

badly drawn boy is the exact same.

Red Dog
October 24th, 2011, 3:09 AM
Finally some cunt replied. I tried to get tickets from 9:30am til 1pm yesterday and didn't get a sniff. Every website crashed about a million times and every phone line was jammed until they were all sold out. How did you get yours Red Dog?

I'm still fucking gutted but will definitely catch them in Scotland or elsewhere in the UK if I have to.
I was in meetings all morning so I was relying on other people. I had 4 different people ringing/going on the website for me.

2 couldnt get any, 1 got some for the sunday and 1 got some for the friday which is when we are going.

It's just pot luck really. I would have paid up to £150 on ebay I reckon.

DavidUK
November 3rd, 2011, 7:16 PM

I've done the same.

wardy
November 2nd, 2012, 6:48 AM
Just got my ticket to the Glasgow Green gig next year. It hasn't really sunk in yet. Just praying that they don't fall out again before June.

wardy
June 20th, 2013, 8:16 AM
This was on Saturday. Absolutely brilliant gig and one of the best nights of my life. People slag Brown's singing but you couldn't even hear his voice for all of ours. They played everything I could've realistically hoped for apart from Mersey Paradise but I'm not going to hold it against them. Hopefully they stay together for a while yet as I'd definitely go see them again.