PDA

View Full Version : Franklin & Bash

Ochoa
July 9th, 2011, 8:20 PM
http://cdn.newsday.com/polopoly_fs/1.2916899.1307160822!/httpImage/image.JPG_gen/derivatives/display_600/image.JPG

Has anyone else seen this show? I really enjoy it. I originally watched it just because Mark-Paul Gosselaar was in it, but I really enjoy Breckin Meyer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FT0qMYo12Ew&feature=related

XxNaMtAbxX
July 10th, 2011, 1:20 AM
I caught the last episode with the dude from Sienfield... it was good, but I'll definitely watch now. I started cause I'll watch anything with Zach Morris in it!

VanillaJello
July 10th, 2011, 1:48 AM
Pretty damn funny so far.

Newf
July 19th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Thoroughly fucking love this show. Slowly getting caught up. Currently on episode 4. Love the running gag of their crazy celebrity sex scenarios. Is there one in basically every episode?

Also some of the women in this are unrreal. When Franklin's talking to the daredevil entrepreneur and the chick gets out of the hot tub and walks between them into the house...
http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/entries/icons/original/000/000/228/dat.jpg?1241922486

But seriously. Really great, well written show. Breckin and Mark-Paul have great chemistry. And how is it that Zack Morris has barely aged a day? I swear, Slater and him...

And I love Malcolm McDowell. Him demolishing his female sensei in the first episode killed me!

blackening
July 20th, 2011, 2:10 AM
I like this show. Its funny, pretty clever, and there are always hot chicks.

MACE
July 20th, 2011, 7:07 PM
We're on episode 2 over in England. Am I right in thinking that was Biff?!

Enjoying it. But of course I would, as I love Zack Morris.

Dubya
July 20th, 2011, 8:31 PM
I'm into it. Its not overly amazing or anything, but its definitely gotten better as the season has gone on. It has been placed in the coveted SERIES RECORDING section of my DVR. lol.

I will say that I think Breckin Meyer is totally knocking it out of the park on this show.

Dubya
July 21st, 2011, 9:27 PM
Wow .. James Van Der Beek is on the next episode.

This destroys the theory of my youth that he and Mark-Paul G are in fact the same person. Lol.

Newf
July 21st, 2011, 9:30 PM
I feel like either he or MPG have actually acknowledged that, be it in an interview or a FunnyOrDie skit or something.

Ochoa
July 21st, 2011, 9:35 PM
Love how Chong was the judge who basically was disgusted at anyone smoking marijuana.

Deewun
July 22nd, 2011, 4:23 PM
Jesus this show blew me away. Love it. I'm hooked.

Dubya
July 22nd, 2011, 5:34 PM
It really was one of the better episodes. I'm glad the show is really starting to find itself because the first 2-3 episodes were just so cut-and-paste that I was worried it would become another "follow-the-formula" show, but its definitely gotten better with each episode.. and again, Breckin Meyer is just killing it with this role. Cracks me up left and right.

Ochoa
July 29th, 2011, 12:13 AM
"Bye Janie! .....she's my mom."

:lol:

Aussie_Outlaw
July 29th, 2011, 12:57 AM
Was sick yesterday and needed something light. With Newfy going on and on about it on FB gave it a shot (even though after Road Trip I can't stand Breckin Meyer) and it's a good show.

I don't mind Meyer since he's playing a dickhead (which is how I viewed him anyway). At least he's not annoying like he was in Blue State, ugh.

Simon
July 31st, 2011, 12:56 PM
Count me in as another who is quietly enjoy this. Not amazing or anything (so far at least, I've only watched the first two episodes) but I like the clever way they pull the case out of the bag at the end of each episode. It's a similar trick they do in Jonathan Creek - you know they will sort it out, the fun is in watching HOW. However I hope they don't win every case or it could get quite boring.

Bert
August 6th, 2011, 5:08 PM
I gave this show a chance and I'm glad I did. I like it a lot. Breckin Meyer is great.

I'm sad this season only had 10 episodes but at least it was renewed for a Season 2.
http://www.tvfanatic.com/2011/07/franklin-and-bash-renewed-for-season-2/

blackening
August 8th, 2011, 10:48 PM
What did everyone think of the season finale? I thought the lucha stuff was cool and the Infeld murder storyline was interesting. Very glad this was renewed for a 2nd season.

Ochoa
June 21st, 2012, 9:04 PM
Anyone else been watching since it returned? Hasn't missed a beat I don't think.

Newf
June 21st, 2012, 11:05 PM
Me! I love it.

Aussie_Outlaw
June 21st, 2012, 11:07 PM
I just wish the pacing/court plot threads were better. But I don't watch the show for them at all so it's all ok. Half the time I wish the court-story wasn't there so the boys would do something silly instead.

Version 6
June 22nd, 2012, 12:33 AM
Hadn't heard of this show until right now, but I've now added it to the list of shows I intend to acquire illegally.

Newf
July 4th, 2012, 4:05 PM
Did they quietly drop Peter's cop girlfriend? Episode 3 ended with them heading off to bang after Jared got Peter's mom out of the house, and then in episode 4 I didn't get a good look but the girl he was hitting on while playing guitar didn't look like her... and in episode 5, well...

blackening
July 6th, 2012, 5:15 PM
I noticed that too. That was weird. I haven't seen the most recent episode from Tuesday yet, but I've really enjoyed this seasons episodes so far.

Dubya
July 6th, 2012, 5:48 PM
I noticed it as well. She was smoking hot too. Maybe she'll pop back in at the wrong time or something like that?

Bert
July 6th, 2012, 6:10 PM
It might be because she's on Weeds this season. Not sure if they were filming at the same time or not, it's just a guess.

Ochoa
August 18th, 2012, 1:26 PM
Season 2 wrapped up this past week. I wish it was more than just the summer though because these two are brilliant.

The Doc
August 18th, 2012, 2:14 PM
I like it okay, I'll have to catch up with it. I don't even know why I haven't watched it more diligently, it doesn't actually conflict with anything I do watch.

Mr_Nobody
August 19th, 2012, 6:10 PM
It's a fun show. It's not going to win awards, but I don't care about that. I watch it every week, and it's a great way to kick back and enjoy an hour of television. The chemistry between the two leads is great and the supporting cast is great in their roles as well. I look forward to next season :)

Alf
August 20th, 2012, 9:51 AM
Is this the thing with Dule Hill in it?

Bert
August 20th, 2012, 2:14 PM
Is this the thing with Dule Hill in it?

No, that's Psych.

Dubya
August 20th, 2012, 2:39 PM
Genuinely love this show. Other people that tell me they haven't watched it because its "just another lawyer show" really should give it a watch cuz its really not.. I think this and Suits are both two great lawyer shows on TV right now that both really have their own edge over the other shows. 2 of my top 10 shows right now.

Mr_Nobody
August 20th, 2012, 8:26 PM
Agree with Suits. Suits is quickly become a favorite of mine. I didn't give it a chance at first, but about halfway through the season, I was bored, with nothing to watch, so I was flipping through On Demand and watched the Pilot...which quickly lead to the second episode, then third, and before I knew it, in one day, I was caught up with the show. Been a fan every since.

blackening
June 5th, 2013, 12:16 PM
Finally!

This show returns Wednesday, June 19th with a 2 hour episode.

In the new season they get kicked out of their old place and move to Malibu.

Dubya
June 5th, 2013, 1:34 PM
Good deal. I enjoy some Bash & Franklin.

blackening
July 31st, 2013, 12:47 PM
So has anyone been watching this season? I've been catching up on all the episodes on my DVR and I'm about 4 in. This season has been really solid so far.

I just think the addition of Heather Locklear was unnecessary.

Mr_Nobody
July 31st, 2013, 12:58 PM
I love this show. It's gone from just a fun TV show that I watched, to one of my favorites over the summer.

I agree, while she doesn't hamper the show, Heather Locklear doesn't do anything for the show. I much preferred the other girl.

Bert
July 31st, 2013, 1:20 PM
It's alright, suits is better.

Mr_Nobody
July 31st, 2013, 1:28 PM
I will agree that Suits is better.

Newf
August 1st, 2013, 4:54 AM
Shit, I had no idea the show was back... how did that one slip past me?

RFF Champ
August 1st, 2013, 5:15 AM
Locklear keeps the show fresh and allows the other characters to be rejuvenated with new storylines. Her character isn't the most interesting but it benefits the other characters.

Version 6
August 2nd, 2013, 1:33 AM
Persevered through the first season and a bit but couldn't stick with it after that.

The show is less than the sum of its parts. The cases aren't interesting and the show just isn't that funny.

Bert
August 2nd, 2013, 1:42 AM
Persevered through the first season and a bit but couldn't stick with it after that.

The show is less than the sum of its parts. The cases aren't interesting and the show just isn't that funny.

Give Suits a try.

Version 6
August 2nd, 2013, 2:12 AM
I like Suits a lot.

It's a lot of fun and it really makes Franklin and Bash seem oddly dated by comparison. I mean Mark Paul Goselaar and Brekin Meyer living a crazy LA Bachelor lifestyle is a show that should have been made in the late 90's.

RFF Champ
August 2nd, 2013, 4:03 AM
I got into it by catching the odd episode on tv and then gradually moved into downloading it. It's got very little substance to it but I find it very likeable.

son_of_foley
August 2nd, 2013, 4:08 AM
Was going to ask for a rating vs Suits which I'm bloody loving at the minute.

Version 6
August 2nd, 2013, 5:45 AM
Yeah it's not even close. Suits is a much better show.

blackening
August 10th, 2013, 12:24 PM
Locklear keeps the show fresh and allows the other characters to be rejuvenated with new storylines. Her character isn't the most interesting but it benefits the other characters.
I meant her specifically. The role could have been played by any woman. I'm not sure the core audience of this show was like "I can't wait to see a (almost) 52 year old Heather Locklear!" I'd assume most people who watch this show are generally my age and she is twice my age and I couldn't give a shit about Melrose Place or whatever she has done. It looks like her face is botoxed to all hell as well.

Pretty funny that they got Rob Lowe to appear on the show.