PDA

View Full Version : Zack Ryder's Youtube Channel

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Fendog30
March 27th, 2011, 8:43 AM
If you haven't had a chance to look at Zack Ryders Youtube series titled: Z! True Long Island Story; its a great find. So far he has 6 episodes roughly around 4 to 6 minutes a episode. Its has some great comedy bits in it such as the ultimate browski and DZP versus catering a great series. If you like Zack Ryder you will enjoy this series.

Fendog30
March 27th, 2011, 8:45 AM
Also forgot, was also wondering if the Rajah universe could recommend any other series you enjoy on youtube or any other medium in regards to wrestling or wrestlers.

mth
March 27th, 2011, 12:15 PM
Ryder's youtube videos are pretty amusing. Better than anything he's really been able to do on TV. I wish more wrestlers would make use of youtube like this. R-Truth has a channel but hasn't updated it since sometime last year, but his videos were kind of fun glimpses at real life for these guys.

As for other channels I recommend, for sure check out Raven's vlogs, they're very entertaining/interesting.

Fendog30
March 27th, 2011, 3:51 PM
Thanks for letting me know about Raven's vlogs MTH. I will definitely give it a look. Thanks

Jay
March 27th, 2011, 7:32 PM
I just :heart: Zach Ryder, he's awesome and absolutely hilarious. My personal highlights so far are Zach showing Jericho some dance moves and THE ULTIMATE BROSKI!

It's good that he can take shots at himself in an entertaining way too, such as Zach and Primo vs Catering and saying he does "all of the jobs."

Psycho666Soldier
March 27th, 2011, 10:58 PM
Yeah, Z! is a great discovery. It makes me love Ryder that much more, and feel he deserves a fucking push. Not even world title level, but at least get the guy on RAW TV on a more regular basis with decent mic time. Preferrably as the DZP combo.

Ochoa
April 8th, 2011, 8:31 PM
I'm up to the latest episode. I've liked Ryder since he first started the WWWYKI stuff. Put him on SmackDown. Make some "Friday Night ZackDown" t-shirts. Build him up and give him his own stable called the Zack Pack. Barreta can be in there and bring that Big O dude in.

One Man Gang
April 8th, 2011, 8:34 PM
I think he's funny. He and Santino should work more together. Like some sort of Looney Tunes episode.

Deewun
April 8th, 2011, 8:55 PM
Ryder impresses me more and more, not just with his shows, but with how many fans are coming around to him. I hated him a year ago. And now I absolutely love the guy and hope he becomes the NEXT BIG THING. It really shows how his diligence to use every opportunity and his use of social media can change wrestling. Hell, front and center of Mania, in the front row, ALL PPV, there was a Zack Ryder "Broski of the Week" sign. That's impressive.

Anaconda Sniper
April 8th, 2011, 11:28 PM
Ryder is indeed awesome. Ever since he became the woo woo woo kid I have adored him. All his videos are hilarious and I like how he jokes about himself in them.

I follow him on twitter, I've liked him on facebook all I need to do is buy a shirt but they are sold out you know it.

mth
April 8th, 2011, 11:48 PM
Just got caught up on his videos (and subscribed to his channel). Dang, these are good videos. Funny funny stuff. I'm not really a big Ryder fan but I respect what he's got going with this multi-faceted social netwokring attack, he is quite entertaining and deserves some time to shine on TV.

Looks like Curt Hawkins is following suit:
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCurtHawkins

Badger
April 9th, 2011, 5:07 AM
ULTIMATE BROSKI! :lol:

Seriously push this man. The Dirt Sheet worked for Mizorrison so hopefully this will work for Zack.

Also "This is WWE.......dropping the ball with Zack Ryder!"

Fendog30
April 11th, 2011, 5:48 PM
Hey Anacoda Sniper, it looks like wwe.com will be getting in the Zack Ryder T-Shirt later this month on the 22nd. So now you can get the shirt. WWWYKI

If they don't promote Zack soon I riot.

MikeHunt
April 11th, 2011, 5:53 PM
if they dont get that fucking t shirt on euroshop soon i might explode!

Tugboat
April 11th, 2011, 5:56 PM
Got my t-shirt from the U.S Store today! Woo woo woo!

MikeHunt
April 11th, 2011, 5:59 PM
i was going to get one from there but was i fuck paying the postage.

hope i get one at raw in london instead.

Tugboat
April 11th, 2011, 6:01 PM
In total, the whole operation ran me £16. Well worth it.

Got my pic tweeted to the man himself. Also have my DZP sign ready for Wrestlemania Revenge on Wednesday.

ANT
April 13th, 2011, 11:03 PM
The latest one is up, and its gold.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyQoXvq64PU

Anaconda Sniper
April 13th, 2011, 11:07 PM
YES!!

JRSlim21
April 14th, 2011, 9:13 AM
Wow.... he just can't seem to get over :lol:

Ochoa
April 14th, 2011, 9:22 AM
:lol: @ Cena. "Love the show, bro!"

Deewun
April 14th, 2011, 9:23 AM
Love the man. Loved the episode. I REALLY want a Zack Ryder/John Morrison feud into Extreme Rules, just to put Ryder over and steal Morrison's momentum. Make it a double turn, too. All the fans of his show are cheering for him now anyway, so just go ahead and turn Ryder face.

Tugboat
April 14th, 2011, 9:24 AM
They are missing the boat....with Zack Ryder.

Love this man.

takerson
April 14th, 2011, 11:02 AM
I just watched that...... and loved it. I hate the man, but that was brilliant, I'm going to go back and watch all the others. I might just begin liking him...

Tugboat
April 14th, 2011, 11:05 AM
That is the path to being a part of the Zack Pack.

Dislike him, watch the videos and then next thing you know; you've bought the t-shirt.

LarryLuv
April 14th, 2011, 11:25 AM
That shit is gold.

They are missing the boat with Long Island Iced Z right now.

takerson
April 14th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Watched 'em all. I officially now love him. WWE put him on TV. WWWYKI.

mth
April 14th, 2011, 1:50 PM
Another great episode. :yes: Nice to see Cena finally made it on the show, heh. I think I like the self depreciating humor the best with the jokes about getting over, getting pushed, and losing all the time. It's nice he can laugh about it and it's great that he's taking a proactive approach with the social media outlets to get his fans involved. Better than just sitting around complaining about stuff like other guys have done.

Psycho666Soldier
April 14th, 2011, 2:16 PM
Honestly, with something like this that so many people are getting into, WWE would be silly not to push him.

This is possibly the greatest for someone to get themselves over that I've witnessed.

Badger
April 14th, 2011, 3:10 PM
"THIS IS WWE.......MISSING THE BOAT WITH ZACK RYDER? ANY QUESTIONS?"

"What are you doing?"
"Uhhhhh.....trying....to get over!"

The stuff with his Dad is gold too. I think I like this even better than the Dirt Sheet. :lol:

One Man Gang
April 14th, 2011, 4:12 PM
Yeah, I'm truly enjoying his work here.

Badger
April 14th, 2011, 4:14 PM
I hope next time with the shovel they do "This is the WWE.....burying Zach Ryder!" Also have someone struggle to push him on a swing and he just says "Higher! Higher!"

SWM
April 14th, 2011, 4:21 PM
...which was won by the Great Khali and why not hes the most hard working determined passionate guy on the roster, the complete opposite of lazy...I think that might be called sarcasm.

:D

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCurtHawkins

Fendog30
April 15th, 2011, 2:30 PM
This weeks superstars they were really plugging his youtube show. Any time Zack gets a chance to be on the microphone its always good fun.
YouTube - WWE Superstars 4/14/11 Part 5/5 (HQ)

SWM
April 15th, 2011, 2:54 PM
I watched everyone of the long island ice Z videos yesterday back to back. To be honest I haven't paid the guy any attention before but he genuinely is funny. A lot of the superstars jokes fall flat with me and leave me feeling awkward and a little embarrassed but not Ryder. I hope he gets a decent push and the chance to show his talents.

My brother who has never watched wwe also happened to be in the room. Twice today "woo woo woo" has come from his mouth.

LarryLuv
April 15th, 2011, 5:45 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lj4dxsjyU21qb6iei.gif

Mikey73181
April 19th, 2011, 9:03 PM
WWE ordered O2 Arena security to confiscate all signs from fans relating to Zack Ryder at yesterday's Monday Night Raw taping at in London, England.

The Raw Superstar has been encouraging fans to bring Ryder related signs to WWE events, such as "Broski of the Week." He often goes on Twitter acknowledging Ryder signs shown on television. He asked for an image of the "Zack Ryder = Ratings" sign that briefly appeared on Raw. That too was confiscated.

Ryder was backstage at last night's show, but was not used.

Seriously bro?

takerson
April 19th, 2011, 9:05 PM
That sucks.

We now have proof that Ryder's attempt to get HIMSELF OVER is working.... and that WWE is deliberately sabotaging it.

That's seriously fucked up.

Mikey73181
April 19th, 2011, 9:17 PM
Then they will let him go with the usual "we have nothing for you" even tho the people already like him the way he is, just push him.

Deewun
April 19th, 2011, 11:14 PM
It is fucking outrageous that this is happening. Ryder is doing EVERYTHING the way he should, getting himself over with the fans, and bringing viewers to the shows and selling tickets and merchandise. He's good in the ring and getting better, and has a good character. This is a fucking awful debacle, and the 'E better wise up.

The Law
April 19th, 2011, 11:16 PM
Posted on this over in the News and Notes Thread:

Security was confiscating Zack Ryder signs at Raw on Monday.

Whoever ordered that gets my Fuck You of the day.

So here we have Zack Ryder, a guy who's busted his ass and worked hard to develop a marketable, successful character despite being given zero television time this year. Despite only appearing online, he's managed to build a bigger fanbase than a substantial portion of the roster. So how do we reward Zack? Do we give him a push? Or at least let him on Raw? Do we try to make sure he gets on TV to see if he can continue to build on the response he's gotten? Nope. Let's hide the fact that's he's got fans. Let's ensure that no one watching TV will know that they should give a shit about this guy. Because hey, we have segments featuring feuding announcers that need to be on TV. We have sad sacks like R-Truth, David Otunga, Michael McGillicutty, and Mason Ryan that need TV time. Let's pretend like Zack doesn't exist because it might distract from people who are less talented, don't work as hard, and don't care as much as Zack. That's a good message to send to our talent.

Fuck you, whoever ordered security to confiscate Zack's signs.

Freebird
April 19th, 2011, 11:24 PM
All you have to do is see the very diplomatic statement Triple H gives when asked about Zach as compared to any of the other superstars about his show and what he is doing. Trips connection to the office forces him to do so and indicates that someone up there likely isn't as amused as the "WWE Universe", the IWC, and the boys.

mth
April 20th, 2011, 12:40 PM
I'm pretty sure I remember something about pro heel signs getting confiscated in the past. This may not be Ryder specific just being interpreted as such.

Mikey73181
April 20th, 2011, 2:00 PM
I'm pretty sure I remember something about pro heel signs getting confiscated in the past. This may not be Ryder specific just being interpreted as such.

Which is still really a bullshit excuse...you see Cena Sucks signs which is the opposite, people hating on a face. What would they do if people starting chanting "woo woo woo" or something like that. Actually seeing as hes only on Superstars, i'm sure they would just edit the cheers out. So stupid.

JIJ
April 20th, 2011, 2:14 PM
You lot are fucking dumb.

The more they "bury" him the bigger his fanbase will get.

Hope I haven't ruined the fun for you kids.

Bert
April 20th, 2011, 2:26 PM
You lot are fucking dumb.

The more they "bury" him the bigger his fanbase will get.

Hope I haven't ruined the fun for you kids.

:lol:

Fendog30
April 21st, 2011, 2:00 PM
Zack Ryder = Youtube Views

YouTube - Z! True Long Island Story Episode # 10

Badger
April 21st, 2011, 2:20 PM
:lol: @ the WWW YKI tights. And Scott Stanford looks great in a headband. I am half-tempted to get a Twitter account just for a chance to be Broski of the week.

Overall though I didn't think this was as funny as past episodes.

Bert
April 21st, 2011, 2:39 PM
It needed more acted out metaphors. Who is the chick though? :eek:

mth
April 21st, 2011, 3:01 PM
I think it's his real life girlfriend.

Yeah, this one wasn't as funny but I do like the further inclusion of Scot Stamford, that dude is great. And the chance to be Broski of the Week is really a neat idea. I also liked him addressing the confiscated signs.

Bill Casey
April 21st, 2011, 3:08 PM
Zack Ryder should be hanging out with The Miz and Alex Riley...

Badger
April 21st, 2011, 3:19 PM
It needed more acted out metaphors.

Yup, and also more of his Dad too. He's brilliant.

Hero!
April 21st, 2011, 4:15 PM
Ahahahaha, just watched all of these. I fucking love this guy.

Anaconda Sniper
April 21st, 2011, 4:26 PM
Long island iced Z you know it.

Hero!
April 21st, 2011, 4:36 PM
Gonna head out tonight to buy a Zack Ryder action figure. Gotta support the Ultimate Broski.

Anaconda Sniper
April 21st, 2011, 4:41 PM
Damn dude I wish I could find one!!!

kangus
April 21st, 2011, 9:44 PM
Princess Leia has some big ass titties.

Anaconda Sniper
April 21st, 2011, 10:37 PM
Yes, yes she does.

Derek
April 21st, 2011, 11:01 PM
I would totally buy a "Woo Woo Woo Entertainment" t-shirt.

Ochoa
April 25th, 2011, 12:20 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ECr3n58r8w&feature=related

:lol: I've never seen this before.

Deewun
April 25th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Amazing. Give this man the belt.

Torn
April 25th, 2011, 12:28 PM
Ahahahahha that is incredible

Sparky
April 25th, 2011, 12:38 PM
I would totally buy a "Woo Woo Woo Entertainment" t-shirt.

http://i56.tinypic.com/4ij2xk.jpg

April 25th, 2011, 1:38 PM
When Zack Ryder gets released, will WWE own these videos?

Badger
April 25th, 2011, 1:43 PM
There's tons of these. Here's a snippet of him singing his OWN theme:

YouTube - Zack Ryder Sings His Own Theme!!!

Anaconda Sniper
April 25th, 2011, 1:53 PM
Theres one out there of him singing backstreet boys. Zack attack ALRIGHT!

Derek
April 28th, 2011, 11:20 PM
Episode 11 is up, Broskis. The Internet Championship belt is gold, Jerry. GOLD.

Deewun
April 28th, 2011, 11:58 PM
I love his belt! I hope he wears it around, so awesome.

mth
April 29th, 2011, 12:03 AM
If he comes out wearing it on Superstars next week, that would be incredible.

Bert
April 29th, 2011, 12:36 AM
We have the youtube mod for a reason.

YouTube - Z! True Long Island Story Episode # 11

The Electrifying One
April 29th, 2011, 2:15 AM
Internet belt is brilliant, really good stuff. They should definitely incorporate this into TV. I would love to see Bryan vs Ice Z for Teh Interwebz titel. Could even defend the belt exclusively on their web shows like nxt or whatever.

Bad Collin
April 29th, 2011, 8:15 AM
:heart: Ryder. Some of the Broski of the week auditions on Youtube are hilarious

Badger
April 29th, 2011, 10:45 AM
Hawkins vs Ryder series on Superstars for the Internet belt. :yes:

SWM
April 29th, 2011, 7:18 PM
I just watched my first ever Superstars just to see ZR.

Cold_Hearted_Truth
May 4th, 2011, 2:55 AM
Best things going in WWE today are Z True Long Island Story and R-truth. Who'd a thunk it??

Bert
May 4th, 2011, 3:32 AM
One of those is right, and it's not R-Truth.

Fendog30
May 5th, 2011, 2:16 PM
Please do try this on Raw. :lol:

YouTube - Z! True Long Island Story Episode # 12

Deewun
May 5th, 2011, 2:19 PM
Ha, was just on my way to post this myself. Rock on!

The brass ring!

Badger
May 5th, 2011, 3:05 PM
Great show, the only thing I would've added was Scott Stanford walking in on Zack while he was tanning and saying "Trying to get a tan bro?" with Zack replying "No trying to get heat!"

Derek
May 5th, 2011, 6:56 PM
Wearing his wrestling trunks in the tanning booth. Haha.

Anaconda Sniper
May 5th, 2011, 10:16 PM
Another good episode. Please do try this on Raw.

Fendog30
May 13th, 2011, 4:19 AM
Zack can draw money. :p

Here is the newest episode, episode 13.

YouTube - Z! True Long Island Story Episode # 13

DDT
May 13th, 2011, 7:54 AM
He gets along with all the Marks, you know.

Derek
May 13th, 2011, 7:56 AM
At least he was on Raw?

Deewun
May 13th, 2011, 8:49 AM
Love Zack Ryder. Oh man, another good episode.

Zack Ryder CAN draw money!

mth
May 13th, 2011, 11:50 AM
Scott Stanford is the real star of this show, let's be honest.

Derek
May 13th, 2011, 11:51 AM
Scott Stanford is the real star of this show, let's be honest.
Zack Ryder's dad.

Fendog30
May 13th, 2011, 2:03 PM
From WWE Superstars this week "the browskis are back" look at 6:07 and onward.

YouTube - Zack Ryder Vs Vladamir Kozlov (Superstars 12th May 2011) 720P HD!

Hero!
May 13th, 2011, 2:37 PM
I really hope that they go by "The Broskis" now.

Newf
May 13th, 2011, 3:07 PM
There's no reason they couldn't enter into a feud with the Usos on SmackDown! and go on to challenge for the tag titles. It really frustrates me that WWE has some great teams and they don't showcase them. Just one segment a show, like the divas get, that's all it would take. Reform the Hart Foundation (like 'em or not, at least the two together is more productive than the two apart) while you're at it too. But fuck, do SOMETHING with Ryder and do something with the tag division while you're at it.

Derek
May 13th, 2011, 3:56 PM
Who would you have as the faces in an Usos vs. Broskis feud?

Badger
May 13th, 2011, 4:05 PM
I was wanting Zack to succeed on his own, but Broskis could be fun if they get any time.

As for the show I agree with mth, Scott Stanford is the real star.

Newf
May 13th, 2011, 4:42 PM
What's that very last frame in episode 13? A shot of him and Hawkins as tag champs? Fore-shadowing?

Derek
May 13th, 2011, 5:18 PM
As long as it gets Zack onto Raw, I don't care.

Badger
May 17th, 2011, 6:36 PM
Minor Raw spoiler:

So we can't BUY THE T-SHIRT yet Cena gets one no problem on Raw? Gawddamnit!

Derek
May 17th, 2011, 10:14 PM
I wonder if this could lead towards a face turn and a push for Zack.

mth
May 17th, 2011, 10:55 PM
Not sure how reuniting with his old tag partner could lead to a face turn...?

Bill Casey
May 17th, 2011, 11:32 PM
Broskis should join Miz...

http://www.wwe.com/f/imagecache/98x105_gallery_thumb/talent/thumb/2011/02/16526232.jpghttp://www.wwe.com/f/imagecache/98x105_gallery_thumb/talent/thumb/2010/12/16527440.jpghttp://www.wwe.com/f/imagecache/98x105_gallery_thumb/talent/thumb/2011/01/16529922.jpg

Derek
May 18th, 2011, 7:21 AM
Not sure how reuniting with his old tag partner could lead to a face turn...?

I meant the interactions with Cena.

mth
May 18th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Ah, yeah, sorry, forgot what was under the spoiler tag. It's possible but I don't actually think it's leading anywhere.

Derek
May 18th, 2011, 3:03 PM
Never know, though. They seemingly turned Mark Henry heel out of the blue. Hell, the camera didn't even get a good angle of what was going on.

SWM
May 19th, 2011, 2:31 AM
-- Zack Ryder's online promotional efforts have not gone unnoticed by WWE officials as he is expected to receive an increased presence on television going forward.

source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

The Electrifying One
May 19th, 2011, 3:34 AM
read: Zack Ryder has had an increased presence on TV so we're going to present it as inside information that is actually in the future.

mth
May 19th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Yep. He's used to never be on RAW. Now he's been on the past two or three weeks interacting with Cena, no less. Let's pretend that we know more than that.

Derek
May 19th, 2011, 7:16 PM
Episode 14 is up. Snagged a screen grab of the last shot with me iPad in case anyone wants it.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e218/DReynolds86/fcdc9f26.png

One Man Gang
May 19th, 2011, 7:26 PM
Sounds like they're going to move his show to WWE.com.

WOO WOO WOO! POST 10,000

mth
May 19th, 2011, 7:26 PM
You could post the video itself so folks can watch it here, too:
YouTube - ‪Z! True Long Island Story Episode # 14‬‏

Kev
May 19th, 2011, 8:20 PM
Man, I love Scott Stanford. He should have his own channel too :)

Hero!
May 19th, 2011, 8:39 PM
Fantastic episode this week. I hope that WWE catches on soon. Hopefully with all the spots Cena is doing with Ryder, they get the fucking hint and put his show on WWE.com, get him a better T-shirt, start selling the headbands, and push this man to the fucking moon.

Anaconda Sniper
May 19th, 2011, 9:07 PM
Another awesome episode. Its awesome how he is getting on Raw these past couple weeks..even though its only a couple seconds on the screen it is one of the most entertaining things on Raw right now.

terencestamp7
May 19th, 2011, 9:26 PM
Stone Cold is a broski!

Kev
May 19th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Thanks Derek for the pic above :D That image is so awesome, it's now my work wallpaper.

Derek
May 19th, 2011, 10:53 PM
Yeah no problem man. It's currently my iPad wallpaper as well.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
May 20th, 2011, 1:48 AM
That woman being Broski of the week.. WHY, WHY did she sound so sterotypically British. We really, honestly, don't sound like that... I am disappoint.

Still, though, Broski's on Broadway The Musical will be a massive hit. And the Stone Cold bit was 'lol' worthy - especially the fist pumping.

I fear that, with Ryder, they'll put him with his tag partner again and rehash Miz/Morrison's WWE.com show, again. Would they really let him keep doing his own show? Really? Really?!

Cold_Hearted_Truth
May 20th, 2011, 3:14 AM
WWE (Cena) vs. Internet Champion (Ryder) should replace Cena/Rock at Mania.

Or bump the match up to the Rumble. Cena/Rock doesn't need a belt involved.

JRSlim21
May 20th, 2011, 5:58 AM
Miz is gonna set up for the Skull Crushing Finale and Ryder is gonna give him the Ruff Ryder out of nowhere at Over the Limit. It'll be the greatest pop in Over the Limit history.

LarryLuv
May 20th, 2011, 10:51 AM
Broskis should join Miz...

http://www.wwe.com/f/imagecache/98x105_gallery_thumb/talent/thumb/2011/02/16526232.jpghttp://www.wwe.com/f/imagecache/98x105_gallery_thumb/talent/thumb/2010/12/16527440.jpghttp://www.wwe.com/f/imagecache/98x105_gallery_thumb/talent/thumb/2011/01/16529922.jpg

Would.

Be.

Epic.

/still think they missed out on a good re-introduction of Ryder to the "WWE Unvierse"...he should have been the guy to knock Morrison out for a few months considering he put in his own work to create a potential feud.

Fendog30
May 22nd, 2011, 7:50 AM
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg612/scaled.php?tn=0&server=612&filename=c18bf.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

From Zack Ryders Twitter page (a young Zack Ryder with Macho Man). Macho man needs to be browski of the week. WWWYKI

Derek
May 22nd, 2011, 9:51 AM
WWE (Cena) vs. Internet Champion (Ryder) should replace Cena/Rock at Mania.

Or bump the match up to the Rumble. Cena/Rock doesn't need a belt involved.

They just need to let Ryder run with the whole "Internet Champion" thing. The cheap plastic belt just adds so much to it.

Chris Scott
May 23rd, 2011, 5:29 PM
So over the weekend I've watched all the episodes, I was wondering what all the fuss about and I can see why. I love what he's doing.

Forgot wwe.com, they should put this on Raw every week.

Derek
May 24th, 2011, 10:40 AM
I'd rather watch Z!TLIS on Raw every week than listen to fifteen minutes of Cena's poop jokes and cheap pops.

Tugboat
May 24th, 2011, 10:59 AM
We can have both, there's time for the incredible John Cena - and the insurmountable quality of Ryder.

Chris Scott
May 24th, 2011, 1:39 PM
They found time for all that Lawler/Cole stuff, so surely they could fit this in.

Bad Collin
May 24th, 2011, 1:52 PM
I want a live Z!TLIS on RAW.

Derek
May 24th, 2011, 2:28 PM
I just want live Zack Ryder on Raw.

Simmo Fortyone
May 26th, 2011, 12:26 AM
So I sat down last night to watch an episode of this. Within 1 hour I'm in man-love with the dude, watched all 14 shows, and was on the phone to my mates going to the live event in July sorting out Zack Ryder costumes.

kangus
May 26th, 2011, 1:23 AM
I really need to stop saying 'are you kidding me, bro?'.

Bert
May 27th, 2011, 2:31 AM
Z! True Long Island Story Episode #15

Badger
May 27th, 2011, 4:11 AM
I'd love to see Big O wrestle.

Badger
May 27th, 2011, 4:50 AM
In factm they should just go ahead and make a "Zack Pack" stable with Zack, Primo, Hawkins, Stanford as the manager, Big O and Zack's Dad. Though he would secretly support Morrison and eventually be beaten down by the group and kicked out.

Fendog30
May 27th, 2011, 6:05 AM
Loved the Know Your Bro game-show and The anonymous Superstars GM on this weeks show.

Derek
May 27th, 2011, 7:15 AM
I guess the show is moving to WWE.com? I hope that means they don't "tone it down" and continue to let Zack do his thing.

Hero!
May 27th, 2011, 1:01 PM
In factm they should just go ahead and make a "Zack Pack" stable with Zack, Primo, Hawkins, Stanford as the manager, Big O and Zack's Dad. Though he would secretly support Morrison and eventually be beaten down by the group and kicked out.

Get ziggler to do random background cameos when they promo and this idea is golden.

Badger
May 27th, 2011, 1:08 PM
They could initially try to get onto Raw only to be continually rebuffed by security because they're not booked, and then try to find other ways to get in then eventually they make it onto the show.

Then do backstage bits where they try to find Zack's Dad only to find him in full Morrison mode shaking weights in the locker room.

Oh and visual puns, can't have too many of them.

Chris Scott
May 27th, 2011, 7:25 PM
Loved it again.

Derek
June 2nd, 2011, 1:13 PM
Me too. I just hope that if it moves to WWE.com permanently they don't "water down" the show, with all the insider/smarky references and whatnot.

Bad Collin
June 2nd, 2011, 1:18 PM
Where is the new one? This is the only wrestling stuff I watch now.

mth
June 2nd, 2011, 1:18 PM
#15 is the newest one and it's been posted.

Bad Collin
June 2nd, 2011, 1:24 PM
I know, I just need my fix.

Fendog30
June 2nd, 2011, 5:40 PM
Episode 16 is now up
YouTube - ‪Z! True Long Island Story Episode # 16‬‏

Loved areyousiriusbro satellite radio channel

HHHnFoley_Rulez
June 3rd, 2011, 1:07 AM
:lol:

Damnit.. He cant possibly live up to this on TV, but I'm enjoying this while it lasts!

"If you want a longislandiced z, baby there's a price to pay, im a broski in a bottle.." - thats #1. That can go along with the actual broski in a bottle product!

Badger
June 3rd, 2011, 3:58 PM
YUS! Visual puns are back!

"This is the WWE....with cold feet about putting Zack Ryder on television!"

SWM
June 3rd, 2011, 3:59 PM
YouTube - ‪Zack Ryder - Party In The LI‬‏

Here is a longer version of Party in the LI

YouTube - ‪Zack Ryder and Primo singing‬‏

Zach shows what to do if you forget the words of your national anthem

ckauffman28
June 4th, 2011, 6:12 PM
kickin myself for not even clicking in this thread sooner... i didnt even give him a chance now i recognize this guys a freaking genious... and it seems like every other wwe superstar is too from primo to cena so whats the problem getting him on raw?

Derek
June 4th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Raw on June 13th is live from Nassau Coliseum on Long Island. Could we see the on-air start of the Ryder Revolution?

Simmo Fortyone
June 5th, 2011, 10:14 PM
RYDER OR RIOT

Imagine the reaction if he gets a win there.

Badger
June 6th, 2011, 1:37 PM
Yup he'll be winning......on Superstars.

I'd love to be proved wrong though.

EDIT - Proved wrong about being on Superstars as opposed to Raw, not about wanting him to lose on Superstars because that would just be daft.

Chris Scott
June 6th, 2011, 3:52 PM
Wonder when the last time he lost on Superstars? Must be a while.

Derek
June 6th, 2011, 3:52 PM
Couple of weeks ago he lost to Santino.

nerfherder
June 7th, 2011, 9:27 AM
Just as a comparison: I haven't watched WWE television in 6 weeks. I have seen every episode of Z! True Long Island Story. Needed a break from it all but still always look forward to my weekly taste of Iced Z.

SWM
June 7th, 2011, 11:42 AM
http://twitter.com/#!/steveaustinBSR/status/78094105703481344

Had a chat with the one and only @ZackRyder last night...what a broski...a damn good kid with a bright future...woo woo woo...

Chris Scott
June 7th, 2011, 12:05 PM
I hope Mr Austin is right.

Derek
June 7th, 2011, 11:26 PM
He usually is.

Hero!
June 8th, 2011, 10:54 AM
I just don't get it, I really don't. Zack has a YouTube show that gets 100,000 hits every week, he's got fans coming in with tons of signs to every event, he's got a great look w/ relevant gimmick, and he's got the support of of tons of his peers, including the fracking WWE champion! Why the shot aren't they pushing him?!!

Tugboat
June 8th, 2011, 10:58 AM
It was pretty clear during the Wrestlemania buildup (I think) when HHH was being interviewed that he wasn't particularly enamoured with Ryder. Trips and Vince don't strike me as the type of folks who hold much stock in Youtube views etc. It'll catch on eventually, I just hope he doesn't run out of steam before they really start to listen to their social media advisors.

Derek
June 8th, 2011, 11:15 AM
I really think that the Raw next week on Long Island will be the start of a push for Zack Ryder. If Triple H and Vince really didn't think that he was capable of something, then why would they have him on TV for weeks getting splowed up by the WWE Champion before he even has a match? Why would they allow the Internet Championship belt to be on TV?

It's basically self-promotion and viral marketing at its best. Ryder starts out with an internet show that catches on which leads to the Internet Champion gimmick. A match on Raw last Monday, then using the "hometown pop" Raw to jump-start something. Maybe he stays heel, maybe he comes out and saves his "buddy" Cena from a beatdown? Who knows, but I'm just happy he's getting on TV. His matches on Superstars are consistently good regardless of who he's wrestling and I would love to see him as US Champion. Maybe even have a Kurt Angle "Eurocontinental" thing with the US/Internet titles.

It was pretty clear during the Wrestlemania buildup (I think) when HHH was being interviewed that he wasn't particularly enamoured with Ryder. Trips and Vince don't strike me as the type of folks who hold much stock in Youtube views etc. It'll catch on eventually, I just hope he doesn't run out of steam before they really start to listen to their social media advisors.
I think that was part of the "gimmick" for the show. Zack's visual puns about not "getting pushed" and "trying to get over" tie in perfectly with Triple H, being "the guy" in WWE saying that he's never heard of/doesn't like Zack. It only adds to the "me against the brass/I don't get any respect" thing that Zack has going on. Genius.

Cewsh
June 8th, 2011, 11:33 AM
For the record, Ryder's videos don't really get all that many views, from a YouTube star perspective.

Hero!
June 8th, 2011, 12:13 PM
They're still relatively new at 16 episodes, though.

Cewsh
June 8th, 2011, 1:13 PM
Oh absolutely. Its not a slight against them, its just that its not like its this enormous web phenomenon that WWE is ignoring.

nerfherder
June 8th, 2011, 1:18 PM
Most wrestling fans have a built in sympathy or love for underdogs. The WWE especially in their storyline booking over the years have conditioned us for such. It is no surprise that most of us have hopped on this train (apart from being totally entertaining).

I have been a Ryder supporter since his solo debut in ECW after the Edgehead period.

Hero!
June 8th, 2011, 1:40 PM
I loved when Ryder killed off Dreamer and Helms and took their nicknames.

"The superhero heart & soul of ECW" :lol:

mth
June 8th, 2011, 1:45 PM
He went from not on RAW to fist pumping with the WWE Champion and top guy in the company two or three weeks in a row to having a match on RAW. I'd say things are improving for him, if anything.

Derek
June 8th, 2011, 2:04 PM
Originally I thought that there would be a backlash from WWE management since his show is show is kinda "smarky" and makes puns about "pushes". Good to see its working out.

Simmo Fortyone
June 8th, 2011, 6:39 PM
Slow burn, fellas. We don't want him to be World champ tomorrow. We want a nice slow build. I'd say aim for US title contention at WM

Badger
June 8th, 2011, 6:45 PM
I want him to defend the Interet belt.

nerfherder
June 9th, 2011, 8:39 AM
I want him to defend the Interet belt.

:lol::yes:

More valuable than the European & Butterfly titles.

SteveM
June 9th, 2011, 2:38 PM
Broski of the Week signs in WWE '12 video game.
http://youtu.be/6_yM_gmW1Ss?t=1m46s

SWM
June 9th, 2011, 4:36 PM
Episode 17

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ikHAbRq1YM0&feature=feedu

Hero!
June 9th, 2011, 4:42 PM
RYDER OR RIOT. WOO WOO WOO~!

mth
June 9th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Somebody from the boards needs to be Broski of the Week. C'mon guys, given some of the other tools that got it, it doesn't seem that hard.

EliteAssassinAntonio
June 10th, 2011, 10:21 AM

Tugboat
June 10th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Thank fuck there's another channel, I was getting bored with just the one up there.

SWM
June 13th, 2011, 5:33 PM
Zack Ryder Interview: His YouTube Show, WWE's Reaction To It, Being Held Back

Main Page

Zack Ryder was interviewed by Newsday.com's Alfonso Castillo to promote tonight's WWE RAW from Long Island, NY. Here are some highlights of what Ryder said about:

How His “Z! True Long Island Story” YouTube Show Came About:

"What happened was that about three months ago I was sick of just not being on TV, sick of just sitting in the background on the sidelines. So I created my opportunity. I created my own Youtube account. My parents got me a Flipcam for Christmas. And I started to make my own shows. And 16 episodes later, more than a million views, it’s starting to pick up… All my days off is basically doing that show. It’s thinking of things and messing around with my friends. They’ll help me film stuff, like the Superstars General Manager—just things to create controversy in a funny, light hearted way… I think I had no creative output before, so they really didn't know who I was. I had a couple matches here and there, but I never really had a chance to show who I really was, my personality and show how charismatic I was. Now this show has taken off. Guys like John Cena, The Miz, 'Stone Cold' Steve Austin, Chris Jericho are all praising me on Twitter and stuff like that. I wrote the bonus forward to Chris Jericho’s book. It’s just unbelievable. I think everyone is starting to notice."

Whether He's Gotten Heat From WWE Management For The Show:

“At first, I was afraid too. I thought, ‘Am I going to get in trouble?’ But I’m not trying to cause any problems. I just want to get my name out there and create my own opportunity, and make some money for the company and for myself. Now they’re really getting behind it. Like you said, there are signs every single week. My T-Shirts are selling out, and I’m not even on television. It’s unheard of. So, I think they have to get behind it.… As far as I know, I haven’t been punished. But before I started the Youtube show, I was at the bottom of the card—the bottom. How much worse of a position could I have dropped to, you know? So it had to go up. That was my mind set. I was just sick of being at the bottom, knowing I could be so much more. It was all or nothing, basically.”

Working His Way Up The WWE Ranks:

“I guess I am grateful that I have a job in WWE, but that my plan my whole life. So, it’s kind of expected for me. So I’m not satisfied with my spot on the card. I definitely want to move up. And that’s what I’m going to do. Or at least I’m going to try my best and go out swinging. I’m not going to just sit back and say, ‘Oh, I should have done that,’ or ‘I should have done this.’ When my time comes to an end, I know I’ll have no regrets… I’ve been under contract for five years. I’ve been on television for four. So that’s a pretty long time. So many people come and go in four years. But I have all the time in the world. I’m only 26. I’m one of the youngest guys on the roster. I’m not going to stop until everyone in this world knows who Zack Ryder is.”

Badger
June 13th, 2011, 5:39 PM
Good to hear that management aren't giving him heat.

Sparky
June 13th, 2011, 5:46 PM
Scott Stanford really should be Ryder's coach. Epic.

nerfherder
June 14th, 2011, 8:38 AM
Great interview. He comes off as another humble young guy willing to dedicate his life to his job. Just another reason to love this fella.

SWM
June 14th, 2011, 11:52 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XLVNQnRy9Gs

Ryder on the LI superstars, fan video.

Deewun
June 14th, 2011, 12:22 PM
JESUS the crowd is fucking into this. I cannot wait to see this match, even if it should have been on Raw!

Deewun
June 14th, 2011, 1:21 PM
Huzzah! Joey Styles replied to me about where to complain about the lack of Ryder on Raw! Go here (https://secure.wwe.com/forms/help/show.php)and RIOT, people!

Ochoa
June 14th, 2011, 3:46 PM
I really wish WWE still had a 3rd brand...(Superstars doesn't count). It probably wouldn't do very well ratings wise, but at least guys would get more of an opportunity. I miss the ECW brand.

mth
June 14th, 2011, 3:51 PM
Superstars basically is the third brand. If they still had ECW, it'd just end up on WWE.com like NXT did (which was supposed to be the replacement for ECW that would get better ratings...and look what happened).

nerfherder
June 15th, 2011, 8:25 AM
NXT was/is a good concept, IMO. If they choose not to renew Tough Enough (which I feel that they should), perhaps NXT can be brought in as a lead in to RAW with some minor changes to freshen it up. Or if they do choose to renew TE for a second season I would suggest saving the headache and doing away with NXT.

I'm with Ochoa, I miss ECW. I loved what it turned in to the last several months. Where else can guys like Yoshi, Goldust & Ryder get actual TV exposure? I loved the mixture of high card talent and young up and comers. Regal vs Yoshi. Christian as the brands top guy. Hell even Matt Hardy looked good on ECW.

Seems like every show should be on the USA Network or the ratings just don't come.

LarryLuv
June 15th, 2011, 4:19 PM
Saw this on another forum...not certain of the accuracy...

Alvarez was texted during the show by a WWE employee stating that the reason Zack was not on the show is because "Vince hates the internet". Backstage, many, many people were upset that the person getting the most chants throughout the night was not brought out for a promo or even a quick appearance in his hometown who clearly wanted him there. Meltzer got some more information today on the thought process.

Evidently, it was indeed a rib/joke being played on Zack. Zack had spent his prior show talking up how he was in his hometown, how excited he was, how this could be his chance to finally shine and move up on the card. Zack was told a few days ago he would have a promo and a match on RAW and would turn face on RAW, even being able to acknowledge his youtube show and Internet Champion gimmick. This is why Zack was so excited the past few days.

The rib went so far as there was even a fake script and timeline alloted for Zack to come out and wrestle, besides Superstars, with his RAW promo and on air face turn. When the time came close for this to happen, Zack was informed plans changed and he would not be on air. This was literally during the broadcast. The entire rib was Vince's idea and was because Vince is not a fan of the "bashing" Zack does about WWE and sees it as "giving in" to someone who is visibly bashing the company with "dropping ball" clips, etc.

Alvarez comments that the real joke is on the fans, as the reaction to him not being on air is not pretty and as the rib is being revealed, even less people are happy. Multiple wrestlers have stated their public displeasure with the rib and John Cena was said to directly confront Vince over the situation and what he felt was a poor joke.

-----

Pretty shameful, if true though.

TheSupremeForce
June 15th, 2011, 4:39 PM
That sort of petty douchebaggery would be twice as stupid considering that they basically gave Johnny Curtis the same sort of gimmick.

I'm actually pretty convinced that it's true, simply based on what Ziggler tweeted after Raw.

Newf
June 15th, 2011, 9:06 PM
Normally I wouldn't put too much credit in a report like that, but Dolph's tweet definitely lends credibility to it.

Simmo Fortyone
June 15th, 2011, 9:56 PM
What did Dolph tweet?

Newf
June 15th, 2011, 10:03 PM
HEELZiggler
You didnt rib 'the kid' tonight, you ribbed the fans, Long Island & the boys in the back! AND kicked him in the nuts! #RyderOrRiot

Cold_Hearted_Truth
June 15th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Just an awful decision by Vince here. He would have gotten the biggest pop of the night on Raw.

Thought at his old age he was getting over holding grudges.

Newf
June 15th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Mighty big of Dolph to go to bat for Zack when he himself seems primed for big things. Also classy of John to do the same, though I reckon he's a bit safer than Dolph is.

Anaconda Sniper
June 15th, 2011, 10:37 PM
That is a very lame and douche bag move by Vince.

Bill Casey
June 15th, 2011, 11:04 PM
I'm speechless...
It's just... horseshit...

RAWfan88
June 15th, 2011, 11:44 PM
That was a cruel move, whether the story of the "rib" is true or not. Leaving him off the 3 hour show in his hometown, where the crowd was buzzing for him, and he had hyped it up for weeks, is just beyond dick. It's a slap in the face to their employee and their fans.

mr sabu
June 15th, 2011, 11:47 PM
i'd quit.. fuck em

Derek
June 16th, 2011, 12:35 AM
Tomorrow's episode should be good.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
June 16th, 2011, 1:31 AM
"This is Zack Ryder..." "...This is Long Island..." "....This is a rib..." "This is the WWE, ribbing Zack Ryder in Long Island.."

Though now the IWC is gunna be wound up by this, surely wanting to prove Vince wrong by chanting/signs/viewing... Maybe Vince is diabolical and this will play into his hands?

...who am I kidding, he's just a bit of a dickhead.

SWM
June 16th, 2011, 3:33 PM
Episode 18

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40cedXBt0pw&feature=channel_video_title

Kure
June 16th, 2011, 3:42 PM
LOL His dad is hilarious.

Deewun
June 16th, 2011, 3:55 PM
Short, but all kinds of awesome. Just seeing the huge amount of signs, and knowing he missed a few, is incredible. And gotta love the Woo Woo Woo of America sketches.

mth
June 16th, 2011, 4:02 PM
I'm pretty sure that broski of the week kid is in my house.

Hero!
June 16th, 2011, 4:02 PM
That video leads me to believe that story posted above involving him turning face and them dicking him over.

Fendog30
June 16th, 2011, 4:08 PM
I liked the Browski of the week for this week and also like Zack Ryders capitol punishment video with Obama (Obama fist pump :lol:) . Ryder = More PPV Buys.

Bill Casey
June 16th, 2011, 8:40 PM
WWE needs to admit that Ryder is on to something with this whole internet self promotion thing...

I remember when another wrestler did a Hollywood movie and was fired for it, and then rehired a few years later by that promoter's son when it turned out to be really popular...

And then that son grew older and wouldn't put Zack Ryder on television...

Anaconda Sniper
June 16th, 2011, 9:44 PM
Another good episode. I'm still looking for his figures...not any luck went to 4 different stores yesterday..didn't find anything. Might have to hit it up on the netz to get one.

Bert
June 16th, 2011, 10:11 PM
Hero! was broski of the week. :eek:

Hero!
June 16th, 2011, 10:35 PM
Another good episode. I'm still looking for his figures...not any luck went to 4 different stores yesterday..didn't find anything. Might have to hit it up on the netz to get one.

Same. I tried 2 different Targets, a Walmart, and a toys-r-us. nada.

Kev
June 16th, 2011, 11:15 PM
Saw this on another forum...not certain of the accuracy...

Alvarez was texted during the show by a WWE employee stating that the reason Zack was not on the show is because "Vince hates the internet". Backstage, many, many people were upset that the person getting the most chants throughout the night was not brought out for a promo or even a quick appearance in his hometown who clearly wanted him there. Meltzer got some more information today on the thought process.

Evidently, it was indeed a rib/joke being played on Zack. Zack had spent his prior show talking up how he was in his hometown, how excited he was, how this could be his chance to finally shine and move up on the card. Zack was told a few days ago he would have a promo and a match on RAW and would turn face on RAW, even being able to acknowledge his youtube show and Internet Champion gimmick. This is why Zack was so excited the past few days.

The rib went so far as there was even a fake script and timeline alloted for Zack to come out and wrestle, besides Superstars, with his RAW promo and on air face turn. When the time came close for this to happen, Zack was informed plans changed and he would not be on air. This was literally during the broadcast. The entire rib was Vince's idea and was because Vince is not a fan of the "bashing" Zack does about WWE and sees it as "giving in" to someone who is visibly bashing the company with "dropping ball" clips, etc.

Alvarez comments that the real joke is on the fans, as the reaction to him not being on air is not pretty and as the rib is being revealed, even less people are happy. Multiple wrestlers have stated their public displeasure with the rib and John Cena was said to directly confront Vince over the situation and what he felt was a poor joke.

-----

Pretty shameful, if true though.

Christ..

If true, this is filth.

Chris Scott
June 18th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Yep that's not nice that if true.

Kure
June 18th, 2011, 2:02 PM
Seems to be true based on Dolph's tweet, unless it is a work. Has anyone thought that this youtube channel, Ryder, the backstage stuff, might all be a work so that Vince can work the internet smarks? Maybe it isn't a rib on Ryder, but actually a rib on us. Just to see how over they can make a guy based solely on the internet with little to no actual TV time?

It probably isn't the case, but the way wrestling works, how do you ever know what is a work and what is a shoot?

Deewun
June 18th, 2011, 3:20 PM
Occum's Razor is how you tell if it is a shoot or a work. There is no way this is a work. Absolutely zero.

Funboy
June 18th, 2011, 3:33 PM
Unless you're in on it Deewun!! :shifty:

Deewun
June 18th, 2011, 3:35 PM
YouTube - ‪Dramatic Chipmunk‬‏

MichaelC
June 18th, 2011, 6:15 PM
This is only going one way...

Come the end of the year. "My god, what's TRUE Z doing in the Impact Zone?"

"Jobbing, by the looks of it."

BIGFEETS
June 18th, 2011, 7:27 PM
Even if you want to exclude Ryder for a moment, there is such BS to wade through.

How many times do you read or hear WWE personnel state younger/new talent has to make an opportunity for themselves and work hard at getting themselves over instead of waiting for a push or an opportunity to come along.

Then a talent tries, and then the individual is seen as "disrespecting the biz" or being difficult to work with.

:rolleyes:

Delta Devil
June 18th, 2011, 7:57 PM
All about kissing babies and hugging fat girls.

Simmo Fortyone
June 20th, 2011, 10:17 AM
Genuine :lol: at Broski Of The Week this week

Repo
June 22nd, 2011, 4:19 AM
Ryder on NXT this week
http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/2011-06-21/25022079

TheSupremeForce
June 22nd, 2011, 8:57 AM
Ryder was basically the only person who got a real reaction from that crowd. Hell, they even booed Titus and Hornswoggle a few times.

SWM
June 23rd, 2011, 5:30 PM
Episode 19

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1Oy9pvHgXw&feature=feedu

mth
June 23rd, 2011, 5:40 PM
That broski of the week is adorable.

Anaconda Sniper
June 23rd, 2011, 5:44 PM
That was an awesome broski of the week.

Deewun
June 23rd, 2011, 5:45 PM
Fantastic broski. Awesome Morrison cameo. Melina can burn in hell for all I care, though.

Caito
June 23rd, 2011, 6:13 PM
Jerking the curtain...in the dark.

Beautiful

Bert
June 23rd, 2011, 7:26 PM
Melina is hideous and not funny in the slightest. Besides that, good episode.

RuneEdge
June 23rd, 2011, 8:30 PM
Love the song at the end of his videos.

virus21
June 23rd, 2011, 8:39 PM
Kind of sad that wwe superstars need to make Youtube videos to get over.

Hero!
June 23rd, 2011, 9:05 PM
Does no one else see the relationship between Zack's videos and the current gimmick Johnny Curtis has on SD? I mentioned this in our latest SD review (plug! check the URL in my location ;)).

Simmo Fortyone
June 23rd, 2011, 9:41 PM
Other than the visual puns, no.

Love seeing the praise Zack is getting from current and former wrestlers for these videos.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
June 24th, 2011, 1:43 AM
If Al Wilson *shudder* got on WWE TV, I'm sure Zacks Dad could get a regular gig... It would make a great fued. John and Zack get along, but Zack's dad keeps following Melina around (in slow motion) during John's intro/matches leading to Jomo and Ryder tension.. :chin:

It's gold, Jerry, gold!

SWM
June 24th, 2011, 5:23 AM
Didnt realise that ZR-DM was a dark match, I was looking forward to it on Superstars :(

At least ZR made an appearance on NXT this week :)

RuneEdge
June 24th, 2011, 7:38 AM
Kind of sad that wwe superstars need to make Youtube videos to get over.
They dont need to. Zack just tried something different and it seems to be working.

Derek
June 24th, 2011, 10:47 AM
The BOTW kid bopping the kid in the Mysterio mask and "Finding Primo" were two genuine LOL moments for me.

Badger
June 24th, 2011, 2:39 PM
Yeah apart from Melina, awesome episode. That was one of my favourite BOTWs so far as good as the guy that went to the drive thru and tried to order a Long Island Iced Z.

virus21
June 24th, 2011, 6:09 PM
They dont need to. Zack just tried something different and it seems to be working.

When the "creative team" isn't willing to do anything with your character, yes you do.

Hero!
June 24th, 2011, 6:54 PM
https://apps.facebook.com/polldaddy-polls/?view=poll&id=5174474

Ryder and WWE tweeted that he's getting a shirt and told us to vote on the design. I would love to see #2 made and so would Zack.

I'M FINALLY GET AN AUTHENTIC SHIRT! AND MY BROSKIS GET TO CHOOSE WHICH ONE! http://t.co/SboAB4Y PICK NUMBER 2! TAKE CARE-SPIKE YOUR HAIR
Broskis...I have no say on my shirt. Lol. And I want # 2!

mth
June 24th, 2011, 6:54 PM
EDIT: Hero you goddamnsonofabitch.

Anyway, cool beans for the Zack Pack. #2 is the best.

RuneEdge
June 24th, 2011, 7:44 PM
When the "creative team" isn't willing to do anything with your character, yes you do.
Then explain why everyone else who got over didnt need a youtube video.

Bert
June 24th, 2011, 7:53 PM
Which side are you on RuneEdge? :confused:

RuneEdge
June 24th, 2011, 8:24 PM
Which side are you on RuneEdge? :confused:
virus21 said its sad that wrestlers need to make YouTube videos to get over. Im just pointing out that you dont need to.

Bert
June 24th, 2011, 8:57 PM
virus21 said its sad that wrestlers need to make YouTube videos to get over. Im just pointing out that you dont need to.

And like he already stated:

So RuneEdge, what's the alternative? Being on the roster but being on Superstars your whole career?

Other people got over because they're already big names elsewhere or creative was willing to do something with their character.

TheSupremeForce
June 24th, 2011, 10:06 PM
Ryder was one of a lot of guys who got shafted when ECW folded. Most of those "young guys" have been given pretty much nothing to do. Actually, most of the vets from ECW haven't done much other, aside from Christian and Zeke. (There might be someone else who I'm missing.)
The creative team can't seem to be bothered to try and push or develop more than a couple of guys at any given time.

RuneEdge
June 24th, 2011, 10:25 PM
Other people got over because they're already big names elsewhere or creative was willing to do something with their character.
But that's the thing, why would creative be willing to do something with someone's character? They dont just randomly pick a name from the hat and eventually give everyone a turn. Whether it's kissing someone's ass backstage, doing something right in the ring or on camera, or even making a YouTube video, there would have to be something in you for you to be chosen. So it's still pretty much in your own hands and making an online video isnt your only option.

Badger
June 25th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Here's a mindbender. As much as I'd love to see Zack succeed, would his Youtube stuff be as funny if he wasn't being shafted?

TheSupremeForce
June 25th, 2011, 11:13 AM
If Ryder wasn't being shafted, the puns directed at his place on the card wouldn't work. Most of the rest probably would. I'm willing to risk it.

mth
June 25th, 2011, 12:07 PM
I reckon if he were getting the push he wants/deserves, he wouldn't be making the videos.

Bert
June 25th, 2011, 1:47 PM
But that's the thing, why would creative be willing to do something with someone's character? They dont just randomly pick a name from the hat and eventually give everyone a turn. Whether it's kissing someone's ass backstage, doing something right in the ring or on camera, or even making a YouTube video, there would have to be something in you for you to be chosen. So it's still pretty much in your own hands and making an online video isnt your only option.

There doesn't have to be "something in you", this is a retarded way of thinking that tries to excuse creative for being horrible at recognizing talent. If things actually worked out like you're saying a bunch of people would have been pushed by now. You act like there haven't been numerous people who said after being released that they tried to give creative ideas but the creative team was like, "nah." Making online videos hasn't even worked yet for Ryder, for fucks sake. He's still on Superstars, which no one watches.

TheSupremeForce
June 25th, 2011, 2:03 PM
I watch Superstars. The match quality tends to be superior to most of what happens on Raw.

I'm still hoping that Raw Roulette draws up a Ryder match. They can claim it was random and therefore not admit that the Ryder Revolution is getting to them.

RuneEdge
June 25th, 2011, 3:00 PM
There doesn't have to be "something in you", this is a retarded way of thinking that tries to excuse creative for being horrible at recognizing talent. If things actually worked out like you're saying a bunch of people would have been pushed by now.
But by you saying what you're saying, you're discrediting the talent that are over right now, which is just as "retarded". If you were to go back in time, you cant take any of the top guys right now, switch them with someone else and expect the same results. Most of these guys made things happen for themselves. Whether it was on camera or off camera.

You act like there haven't been numerous people who said after being released that they tried to give creative ideas but the creative team was like, "nah." Making online videos hasn't even worked yet for Ryder, for fucks sake. He's still on Superstars, which no one watches.
We're not talking about what "works" and what doesnt. We're talking about getting over, which is what was originally being discussed. Ryder is obviously over, judging from the crowd reaction and also his peers who've supported him especially on twitter. And there are still other ways of getting over. Whether they can actually get you a push to the top is another issue.

Besides all this, what's even your point here? virus21 said people need to make YouTube videos to get over, which I dont agree with. Cuz if that was the case, no one else would get over from now on.

Badger
June 25th, 2011, 3:35 PM
I reckon if he were getting the push he wants/deserves, he wouldn't be making the videos.

Oh I don't doubt that. What I meant was assuming he does get a push from here and he's still doing these videos, would they be just as good?

mth
June 25th, 2011, 3:36 PM
No. He wouldn't have to push himself if he was being pushed. 95% of the content would become irrelevant.

RuneEdge
June 25th, 2011, 3:41 PM
It'd be interesting to see how he'd handle it though. Its not like he'd make a video saying "Ok, I've finally got what I wanted. So this'll be the last video from me.".