PDA

View Full Version : EVOLVE

Ringo
March 5th, 2011, 3:18 PM
We've already got a Dragon Gate USA thread but for completion's sake, here's one for Gabe Sapolsky's Evolve. Now much like Cewsh, I'm not this man's biggest supporter, and I would imagine their shows are full of the usual indy overkill suckfest time limit draws, but like it or not it is one of the more prominent independents going today, so here we go.

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/3876/evolvem.png (http://img694.imageshack.us/i/evolvem.png/)

http://www.evolvewrestling.com/

Here's some details about their next show:

World Wrestling Network Presents
EVOLVE 7: TBA vs. TBA
April 19th, 2011
Belltime: 8pm
Doors: 6pm
BB King Blues Club & Grill
237 W. 42nd Street (located in Times Square)
Manhattan, NY 10036

-Chuck Taylor (4-2)
-Jimmy Jacobs (4-2)
-Johnny Gargano (4-2)
-Sami Callihan (2-1)
-AR Fox (1-0)
-Jon Moxley (1-1)
-Silas Young (1-1)
-Akira Tozawa (0-0)
-Facade (0-0)
-Jason Gory (0-0)
-Jon Davis (0-0)
-Shiima Xion (0-0)
-Tony Nese (0-0)
-Zack Sabre Jr. (0-0)

-Plus: Reby Sky, Larry Dallas and many more to be added!!!

Premium tickets now on sale in the Shop or by calling 267-519-9744. Additional tickets are now on sale through Ticketmaster.

1st Row Ringside- $50
1st Row Stage- $50 SOLD OUT
Premium Booth- $200
VIP Booth- $150
2nd Row Ringside- $25
2nd Row Stage- $25
1st Row Elevated- $25

Available now through Ticketmaster:
3rd-5th ringside- $25
3rd row stage- $25
4th row stage- $25
2nd row elevated- $25
GA- $20

Doors will open at 6pm so you can get dinner and some drinks at BB King's before the EVOLVE card begins. BB King Blues Club & Grill features a great menu and drink selection.

Talent and matches will be announced in the upcoming weeks!!!

As you can see, they use a win-loss record system like MMA. And that is what people want from their wrestling these days, right? A more REALISTIC, SPORTSLIKE atmosphere. Right?!

Cewsh
March 5th, 2011, 3:20 PM
I honestly have no idea how their ranking system works, or how their different weight and style divisions were supposed to work. I didn't know that this still existed after Davey bailed on it to become a firefighter (psyche) thus dooming it to irrelevance.

But hey, Shiima Xion and Sami Callihan are my two choices for most promising talent in the indies today, so they've got that right.

Ringo
March 5th, 2011, 3:24 PM
I also really admire Joey Matthews/Mercury, I've learned a lot from him and his journey to wrestling stardom is an incredible story. I look up to Ville Valo from the band HIM as well, he's one of the last front-men left with that larger than life rock star aura, and he's the kind of deep thinker I wish I could be.

This Shiima Xion chap has me torn. On the one hand he admires Joey Matthews, while on the other he looks up to fucking Ville Valo. I just don't know WHAT to think!

Cewsh
March 5th, 2011, 3:30 PM
You should think he is fucking amazing.

Tainted Eclipse
August 2nd, 2014, 4:29 PM
Bumping this old ass thread because, although I haven't heard a single reason to give a shit about this promotion until now, next weekend they're running a string of three shows with interesting stuff on all of them.

August 8: Chris Hero vs. Drew McIntyre, Timothy Thatcher vs. Drew Gulak
August 9: Ricochet vs. Matt Sydal, Timothy Thatcher vs. Biff Busick
August 10: Ricochet vs. Drew McIntyre, Drew Gulak vs. Biff Busick

Defrost
August 2nd, 2014, 5:48 PM
Going on recent history it will take Drew a little while to get deprogrammed before he'll have good matches on the independent scene

Sasori
November 5th, 2015, 3:19 AM
Looks like Drew Galloway is returning to Evolve this weekend.

DDT
November 5th, 2015, 11:01 AM
He hasn't really left; he just dropped the title to Thatcher.

Sasori
November 5th, 2015, 2:43 PM
Whoops, didn't know Drew was still working with them. I assumed that he had left to focus on TNA.

Hero!
November 5th, 2015, 3:00 PM
I think he did, but TNA has basically made everyone nonexclusive to work indies.

DDT
November 5th, 2015, 3:08 PM
What's a TNA?

Hero!
May 9th, 2016, 1:11 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyXPFFOZsG0

EC3 "shoots" on WWE and the guys working Evolve to get to WWE. Very cool start to an angle that could be big.