PDA

View Full Version : AC/DC

terencestamp7
February 14th, 2011, 10:01 PM
The best band ever? Possibly. No doubt my favorite band of all time. What's not to love? Even their shitty albums rock.

Let There Be Rock
T.N.T.
Shoot To Thrill
Highway to Hell
Rocker
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

Just a few of my favorites. Seen them twice too, on their most recent tour. They won't be around for much longer since they're old as fuck, but they're better than 100% of the bands today.

Thoughts?

Back in Black is not their best album, but is their most selling for some reason. I wanna go drinking with Bon Scott too bad he's dead.

Aussie_Outlaw
February 14th, 2011, 10:18 PM
I'd like them better if they had a bit more variety.

Though for what they do, they do it well.

terence do you like the newer bands that sound similiar to AC/DC? Stuff like Airbourne or The Last Vegas?

Bert
February 14th, 2011, 10:31 PM
I've got the biggest balls of them all.

Canuck
February 14th, 2011, 10:32 PM
I was big into them in grade school, but have realized they're pretty one dimensional. Like A_O stated though, they are quite good at what they do and I do love a tune here and there still, just not massive length periods of listening to them consecutively.

Proper music to listen to before a game though. :yes:

Second City Saint
February 15th, 2011, 12:58 AM
they're better than 100% of the bands today.

Thoughts?

nope.

Dubya
February 15th, 2011, 6:33 AM

Yeah, I'd go with that. I can dig on AC/DC, but most of their stuff is pretty much the same. They're good at what they do, but its pretty much all they do.. which, 30 (or 40?) years into it and still going pretty strong .. I guess is okay. :yes:

Have a Drink on Me and Dirty Deeds were always my favorite songs .. Back in Black, Highway to Hell, and Razor's Edge were always my favorite albums.

weee
February 15th, 2011, 3:36 PM

terence do you like the newer bands that sound similiar to AC/DC? Stuff like Airbourne or The Last Vegas?

I've heard of Airbourne, but not the Last Vegas. I'll give them a shot

Psycho666Soldier
February 15th, 2011, 3:43 PM
AC/DC is nowhere near the greatest rock band of all time. However, the are one of the greatest "rockers" of all time. As Hurley said, they are quite one dimensional, but they're perfect for when you just want to rock and bang your head and sing along to raunchy hard rock classics.

Curly Toe
February 18th, 2011, 6:47 PM
Tomorrow will mark 31 years since the death of Bon Scott.

I'll post this video in tribute:

YouTube - AC/DC - FLING THING / ROCKER GLASGOW 78

G-Fresh
March 29th, 2011, 9:06 PM
I'm glad I quit listening to them in middle school cause everybody that listens to them are douches.

Pink Floyd is, was, and always will be the best EVER!

Judas Iscariot
March 29th, 2011, 9:56 PM
Christ almighty, with the Pink Floyd.

AC/DC is great in small doses but every song is absolutely identical. Cheers to them for lasting as long as they have, and they put on a fucking fantastic live show, but again every song's the same as the one before.

terencestamp7
March 29th, 2011, 10:07 PM
I AM NOT A DOUCHE!

I'm a rebel Dottie.

Sydney Aradi
April 11th, 2011, 4:45 PM
Even though AC/DC play the same stuff over & over I still consider them one of my favourite rock bands

Eggbert Spam
April 12th, 2011, 3:55 AM
Somebody on here once said something like "who cares if every AC/DC song sounds the same when every AC/DC song sounds fucking awesome?"

kangus
April 12th, 2011, 4:21 AM
Plus when you're absolutely hammered at a bar and AC/DC starts playing, it's like magic.

Donald
September 26th, 2014, 12:58 PM
Rumor has it Malcolm Young is suffering from dementia, and has officially gone from the band :( They have a new album out in November too. Sad day, happy day. Get better Malcolm.

wardy
September 26th, 2014, 1:15 PM
Get better from dementia LOL. He just needs some bed rest, will be right as rain in a week or 2.

Donald
September 26th, 2014, 1:26 PM
THEY WILL FIND A CURE DAMNIT

WizoOzz
October 1st, 2014, 11:02 AM
Said rumor is now confirmed.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/malcolm-youngs-family-confirms-ac-dc-guitarists-dementia-20140930

Rolling Stone, pretty legit source.

It's sad, certainly. But the band's continuing on. The band's sound has never been one of widely varying, so new songs will probably continue in that direction, even if Malcolm was a key contributor.

Hopefully his days until the end are the least painful they can be.

Donald
October 1st, 2014, 11:09 AM
Yep, new album Dec. 2. Cannot wait. Fucking love this band to bits. They are probably my second most listened to band of all time.

Would be cool if you could have a playcount of everything you've ever listened to since birth.