PDA

View Full Version : Minecraft.

Pages : [1] 2

RantingLombax
December 15th, 2010, 10:22 PM
I did a search for this and surprized that theres not a thread for this game.

Basically Minecraft is a Sandbox Game...with zombies.

Here's the official site and you can play it to see what the fuss is about.

http://www.minecraft.net (http://www.minecraft.net/)

if your lost id recommend watching a tutorial on youtube.

Discuss.
(http://www.minecraft.net/)

Grimario
December 15th, 2010, 10:30 PM
It is pretty much the ultimate sandbox game.

You load up a game in a randomly generated world with an empty inventory and a deadline - get somewhere safe and LIGHT before the sun goes down and the monsters come out to play. You tear down trees to make logs, use logs to make sticks. Combine your various bits of wood in different shapes to make a pick. Use your pick to mine stone and coal. Use your coal with sticks ot make a torch. Hurriedly put a small cobblestone building up and then hide while spiders, skeletons, zombines and the oh-so-feared creeper moan, groan and rattle outside your little hut.

For me though, multiplayer is the highlight, particularly servers with a focus on creativity and lots of duping. Some of the stuff people have created is absolutely breathtaking for a game that is a bunch of colours blocks.

Bad Collin
December 19th, 2010, 9:08 PM
This looks so addictive that I have just bought and downloaded it. It is 1am, I may have made a mistake.

Edit: This is immense, I have dug myself a hole and blocked it up so nothing can get me. Where the fuck are you sun?

Grimario
December 19th, 2010, 9:31 PM
It is horribly/amazingly addictive, BC. I love the complete and utter focus on gameplay and the blockiness of it all makes the game even more brilliant.

I made a really awful castle on a MP server in October... I thought it was brilliant while I was building but I headed back to the servers spawn site after a week of isolation and pretty much gave up being creative. Some of the stuff people had created was just amazing and my bog-standard cobblestone castle paled in comparison.

Bad Collin
December 19th, 2010, 9:43 PM
The hole was no good, I have built myself a little cave now but I can't find coal anywhere. How else can I make light?

Grimario
December 19th, 2010, 10:20 PM
Make torches.

Chop some trees down by hand. Stack the raw logs into your crafting window and make planks (P). Stack planks on top of each other

P .
P .
to make sticks (S). Use 4 planks to make a workbench.

P P
P P

Workbench gives you 3x3 crafting area. Use workbench to make a pickaxe with your sticks and planks.

P P P
. S .
. S .

You can then use your pickaxe to mine cobblestone and coal which is the grey stone block with black flecks in it. Once you have coal...

C .
S .

Voila, everlasting light source once placed.

Once you have cobblestone, you can also make stronger picks (replace the planks in the top row with your stone to make a stone pickaxe) which will let you mine some slightly harder materials once you get further down.

Grimario
December 19th, 2010, 10:21 PM
The hole was no good, I have built myself a little cave now but I can't find coal anywhere. How else can I make light?

I actually missed the "I can't find coal anywhere" bit... :(

To put it bluntly - you can't. Without coal, you are screwed. Coal is a must find - if I haven't found any on day 1, I usually start a new world.

We should get a Rajah server up and running... :chin:

Bad Collin
December 19th, 2010, 10:37 PM
I found some coal and survived my first night. I then went exploring and lost my cave :(

I will have to try and survive two nights tomorrow but I have work in six hours so I better get some sleep.

Aussie_Outlaw
December 19th, 2010, 11:42 PM
It's pretty common for people to build a giant post to mark their cave/castle so when they go exploring they know which way to go home.

Grimario
December 19th, 2010, 11:54 PM
Yeah, build a straight up dirt tower with some torches around the top tier or two - that way you should be able to see it from most places.

Do any of the /spawn or /home commands work in SP or only MP?

Bad Collin
December 20th, 2010, 5:58 AM
We should get a Rajah server up and running... :chin:

Amazing idea, we should club together to build a giant R.

I like the tower idea but my main issue was that I could't jump up the hill in the dark.

Grimario
December 20th, 2010, 6:00 AM
Always ALWAYS dig in a staggered fashion - never do straight down unless in MP and you can just /home to get back to base.

Bad Collin
December 20th, 2010, 6:34 AM
It was just a normal hill :(

Bad Collin
December 20th, 2010, 4:49 PM
I am frustratingly bad at this. I just built an excellent house/mine then I got blown up by a creeper and now I can't find it again because the coal was so far away from the spawn point.

I will build a massive house tonight.

Hlebsfall
December 20th, 2010, 4:58 PM
I "acquired" this game a few weeks ago. It is addictive. I was getting dicked the first few times I played it, but then I started a new world, and I spawned right next to a huge natural mine which had a shit load of coal and the like already in it. Just stuck a door on the front of it, bunkered myself in, and got digging away. Not really done much, I just like hoarding.

The Rogerer
December 20th, 2010, 5:05 PM
I don't know if everyone figures this out straight away but you can get out of holes quickly by jumping, dropping a dirt block below you, and repeating.

I made some big pointers for my caves, but I have to keep the draw distance quite low anyway. I think i'm going to head out for a far away land. Is there no way to change where you respawn?

Hlebsfall
December 20th, 2010, 5:13 PM
You can, by downloading another program.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=19493

Bad Collin
December 20th, 2010, 5:32 PM
Has everyone else got the beta version now?

My bad luck continues, I just knocked through to a lake and flooded my cave :lol:

RantingLombax
December 20th, 2010, 5:49 PM
I just got beta and here's what you get (From Notch's Blog)

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/2389820531/minecraft-beta

* Working server-side inventory! Finally! (And as a result of that, a whole pile of bugs and issues got fixed)
* Made SMP servers save chunks way less often in most cases. Chunks don’t resave if they got saved in the last 30 seconds
* Moving too far away from a container, or having it blow up, closes the inventory screen
* Fixed /kill
* Introduced leaf decay again. It acts differently from before
* You can now throw eggs
* On a whim, added super exclusive clan cloaks for Mojang Employees
* .. and something else, which is even more rare

I'm exicited mostly for throwing eggs. I'm gonna go harass some zombies with eggs.

Bad Collin
December 20th, 2010, 6:23 PM
I finally have a stable game. I have tonnes of coal and I have started the epic task of clearing the area in front of my mine/house.

I love this game.

RantingLombax
December 20th, 2010, 9:58 PM
So my first new game on beta a lava spring in a cave a few feet way from my spawn point. And a a few feet from that was a mob spawner. No joke. I immediately made a barrier around it. You can't be too careful.

Bad Collin
December 21st, 2010, 4:47 AM
My mine fortress is coming along nicely. How do you guys mine? Can I clear out most of a level or will it cause a collapse? I assume that you have to go quite deep to find gold and diamonds.

Grimario
December 21st, 2010, 5:18 AM
There is no collapsing.... all blocks can "float" except water, lava, sand and gravel. Those will fall to the lowest point but all the others will stay suspended if you dig out from under them.

As to my mine preference? I usually have a basement in my initial building that meanders downwards, following any veins of coal, iron or diamond (much later on). I haven't yet got to the point where I plan out a massive open cut mine but I have seen screenshots of people who who have done just that.

Bad Collin
December 21st, 2010, 5:45 PM
I am finding it very hard to find resources, I am cutting massive amounts of stone at about 30 blocks down and have found 4 bit of iron :(

I can't go any deeper without coal.

Grimario
December 21st, 2010, 7:14 PM
Don't dig down for coal, at least not until you have a supply of torches. There should be plenty at surface level - just find a natural mountain formation with expose cobblestone and clear a few layers, should be easy to find.

Bad Collin
December 21st, 2010, 7:17 PM
Yeah, I just struck the motherlode. I got about 40 coals in one place. Now to complete my house and start my basement mine.

Matthew
December 21st, 2010, 8:38 PM
this seems intriguing but im not sold on it.

Grimario
December 21st, 2010, 8:43 PM
I don't think I have gotten better value for money out of a game ever (apart from Football Manager).

Single Player survival mode is fantastic.
Multiplayer is absolutely mindblowing though.

Matthew
December 21st, 2010, 8:45 PM
what the multiplayer setup like? im just shit at most pc games and i dont really try 'sandbox' games.

Bad Collin
December 21st, 2010, 8:51 PM
I haven't tried the multiplayer yet and I have played this bloody thing for about ten hours in the last couple of days.

Grimario
December 21st, 2010, 9:09 PM
what the multiplayer setup like? im just shit at most pc games and i dont really try 'sandbox' games.

Depends on the server. The first server I played on was dupe friendly, no monsters and had some protection software that allowed partitioning of land so that only the owners could modify it. It was a creators dream... watching the map grow was pretty amazing, starting off with a few stone buildings and, before game updates ruined it, finished with massive glass skyways, flowing water (for boat rides) and awesome greenhouses filled with trees. There were pyramids (with traps and mazes built in), someone had created a Nintendo zone with Mario, Kirby and Pikachu all built... someone had built a pirate ship... someone had built a giant Bender (the robot, not a massive gay)... it was tremendous.

The server got rebooted after a host of game updates and monsters and PVP were introduced. It has since taken on a more survival aspect and duping is frowned upon since people have been using it to duplicate diamond weapons/armour and golden apples (full health packs).

Basically MP can be set to CREATIVE mode or SURVIVAL mode... which translates to PEACEFUL in SP (but obviously with only YOU running around) and the rest for SURVIVAL.

Bad Collin
December 22nd, 2010, 11:53 AM
How would we set up a Rajah server? Would someone have to host it?

Bishop_Supreme
December 22nd, 2010, 12:18 PM
I haven’t played this game. It seems like a very interesting game... I dont play PC games much because most of the ones I'd like to play would crash my computer, but this game looks like it'll have no problem in that department.

I saw something on TV that talked about Minecraft servers.

http://g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/gamebreak/72793/Indie-Games-AOTS-Minecraft-Server.html

They basically say you can go to minecraft.net and download an application to host a free server that anyone can join. But if you turn the app or computer off, then that world will cease to exist.

The option for a permanent server is using linode.com where you can pay them to host a 10 player minecraft level 24/7 for about 30 bucks per month.

Alf
December 22nd, 2010, 3:56 PM
This sounds interesting.

Hlebsfall
December 22nd, 2010, 4:12 PM
I reckon you would ruddy love it.

If you want to "try it out" you can download it from here.

http://rapidshare.com/files/434731468/Minecraft_1.2.6.rar

Then follow these instructions

1. Open "run" on your start, or search run, and open it.
2. type in the box
%appdata%

3. you should be in the folder "Roaming"
place .minecraft straight into the folder. (one folder before the whole minecraft files) E.G .minecraft->.minecraft->(all of the files)
you would choose the 2nd folder.
4. run .minecraft_name.jar file and login without any user/password.
5. Play offline
6. Playing singeplayer

You can only play singleplayer, but it will give you a good idea of what it is all about.

Grimario
December 22nd, 2010, 5:58 PM
How would we set up a Rajah server? Would someone have to host it?

I am about to have a second unused computer that may have a life after replacement :chin:

BC is bad people, everyone. His constant talking on here about this game made me load it up last night... 3 hours later I have dug the side out of a mountain and built a spiral staircase down about 30 layers. I went outside once to get more wood and there was a bloody creeper around in the daylight! I thought the burnt up and died in the sun. Scared the bejeebus out of me but it blew up down below the entrance because i have sheer cliff faces outside my door. :scared:

Once I hit bedrock, I am going to start branching out every 4-6 levels and mining off the sides of my spiral staircase.

Bad Collin
December 22nd, 2010, 6:01 PM
I just fell down a massive hole into a dungeon and got killed by a huge skeleton thing. I don't like the combat in this game, I would put the difficulty down to peaceful but I like the tension.

Grimario
December 22nd, 2010, 6:14 PM
Your problem there BC is that you appear to have been digging underneath you... I never do that on account of the whole FALLING thing. Dig next to you so you can see if there is a drop.

Bad Collin
December 22nd, 2010, 6:17 PM
No, I was digging in front of me, saw the gap and just walked straight down it for no reason :(

Grimario
December 22nd, 2010, 6:20 PM
lolz.

Combat is better once you get some better armour and weapons. The only issue is that the game doesn't have any scaling... there aren't suddenly different, harder monsters the deeper you go - they all can spawn wherever it is dark and some you just do NOT want to run in to till you are well equipped.

Bad Collin
December 22nd, 2010, 6:28 PM
This thing was huge and it had arrows. I am mining deep enough to find iron now though so i'm going to get me a suit of iron armour.

Grimario
December 22nd, 2010, 7:17 PM
I am pretty sure Skeletons shoot arrows so yeah, just a normal skeleton by the sounds of it.

Bad Collin
December 23rd, 2010, 12:37 PM
This game has some kind of dark hold over me. Last night I resolved not to play it for a few days because I thought I was getting bored of it but all day I have been thinking of things to do when I get home.

I have a lot of collecting to do since last time I ventured outside I was ambushed by four creepers :(

Bad Collin
December 23rd, 2010, 4:10 PM
I got ambushed again, I started a new world. There were too many creepers in the old one.

Bad Collin
December 23rd, 2010, 5:45 PM
What an epic starting point:

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/Badcollin/Epicstart.jpg

Grimario
December 23rd, 2010, 6:40 PM
I haven't ventured outside since day 2... I have been digging constantly, have some iron now which is ace. I vaguely recall there being an awesome natural feature off in the distance... an overhanging cliff with water underneath in. Tres cool.

Grimario
December 23rd, 2010, 8:23 PM
This is a map montage someone did of the first MP server I was on. Credit goes to Reebdog of the Whirlpool forums.

I build a castle down in the deep south but compared to the rest of the stuff, my work was woefully unimaginative.

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b214/Grimario/wpmc.gif

Bad Collin
December 23rd, 2010, 8:36 PM
I am trying to fortify the hill to the left of my pic but a creeper undid a lot of my good work.

Grimario
December 23rd, 2010, 8:38 PM
Dynamite is generally banned on the MP servers... so creeper farming is used to do mass clearings. They are useful, BC!

Bad Collin
December 23rd, 2010, 8:55 PM
The one that just blew up my fortifications for the second time wasn't very helpful.

Bad Collin
December 23rd, 2010, 9:20 PM
Another morning, another four creepers appear to try and kill me. My fort is coming along nicely now despite these little fuckers.

Bad Collin
December 24th, 2010, 6:16 PM
What an epic starting point:

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/Badcollin/Epicstart.jpg

My fort is starting to take shape, bloody Creepers are really hindering my progress though.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/Badcollin/Epicstart2.jpg

Bad Collin
December 26th, 2010, 10:07 AM
I'm still loving this game. This is my viewing area from my hillfort. I have a little path so I can go down and gather wood or kill mobs.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/Badcollin/Epicstart3.jpg

This is from my tower. The bridge goes across to where my statue is going to be.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/Badcollin/Epicstart4.jpg

I am nearly down to bedrock now but I can't find any diamonds to mine obsidian.

Bishop_Supreme
December 27th, 2010, 10:40 PM
Wow that's nice. I finally got my hands on this game to test it out and it's kind of fun. The first night I dug a hole into a mountain because it got dark sooner than I expected. All I was able to make was a workbench and during the night, I made a door, but I had to wait for the skeletons to go away before I can use it. had to completely cover my place up... every once in awhile I poked out a hole and realised the skeletons were still around.

The next day, I put the door in and found some Cobblestone I think. But it got dark quicker than I expected because I think I was in the cave deep into the day as well. So now I got a door and I plan to hollow out the mountain to a huge castle/cave thing.

I just dug a hole in my mountain-roof by accident and it was still night time. I was a little nervous some skeleton thing would've fell in my house before I can put a block back up there

Bad Collin
March 27th, 2011, 3:04 PM
This game is the tits. The new updates include a bed and more things to mine.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/Badcollin/MC1.png

This is from the top of my tower in my new game, I intend to build as high as possible.

Bert
March 27th, 2011, 3:19 PM
Nice.

I used to hack in all diamond tools and build stuff but then I would end up dying and lose them. :(

I haven't really played Minecraft in a while mainly because I have so many games that went on sale on Steam that I bought and I need to play.

How's multiplayer? I haven't played since it was added.

Bad Collin
March 27th, 2011, 6:15 PM
I haven't even been on a MP server yet so I can't say.

The tower gets higher...

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/Badcollin/MC2.png

One day I am going to build an epic bridge to the peaks in this picture.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/Badcollin/MC3.png

The_Mike
March 27th, 2011, 6:33 PM
Is this game worth the money? It looks like a fun diversion but I'm not sure I'd pay for it.

Bad Collin
March 27th, 2011, 6:44 PM
It's definitely worth £12 in my opinion.

Grimario
March 27th, 2011, 11:31 PM
I haven't really played Minecraft in a while mainly because I have so many games that went on sale on Steam that I bought and I need to play.

How's multiplayer? I haven't played since it was added.

That is exactly my issue. Bloody thanksgiving and christmas sales :(

Multiplayer can be awesome. I briefly played on a server that had some amazing structures on it. Was all about building, no PvP, no monsters (was before mobs worked in MP). I think they have a new server up now that has PvP and mobs enabled so it is a proper survival set up.

The Rogerer
March 28th, 2011, 1:25 PM
Is this game worth the money? It looks like a fun diversion but I'm not sure I'd pay for it.The free version is still available to play, is it not? You could nab it from somewhere I'm sure. You may have a few false starts with the game.

I can't really play it anymore as I could just about run it, and then it got upgraded. My framerate has gone from 20 to 2.

Deewun
March 28th, 2011, 1:32 PM
I got this a few days ago, and love it. I'm currently working on my Hollow Mountain project, and expanding over to a neighboring mountain to start hollowing it out, too!

Bad Collin
March 29th, 2011, 4:12 PM
I am currently on my best mining expedition ever. In a 10x10x5 cube I found gold, coal, redstone and my first ever diamonds. 5 of them!

Deewun
March 29th, 2011, 4:28 PM
Ugh, hollow mountain got fucked by Creepers and lava eating all my diamonds. New world is promising, though. Going with a Sandstone castle this time around.

Bert
March 29th, 2011, 5:07 PM
Play on Peaceful = have more fun.

Mikey_Jones
March 29th, 2011, 5:21 PM
Trying to mine obsidian is tough

Bad Collin
March 29th, 2011, 5:22 PM
I am yet to find any. I dug right down to bedrock tonight and found no lava at all.

Miotch
March 29th, 2011, 5:33 PM
I don't play this game, but I believe you need a diamond pick to effectively mine obsidian.

Bad Collin
March 29th, 2011, 5:38 PM
You need one to mine it at all

Miotch
March 29th, 2011, 5:50 PM
that game was more exciting the first time around when it was called dig dug

Bad Collin
March 31st, 2011, 4:00 PM
Here is my epic bridge:

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/Badcollin/MC4.png

Living on a hill is the best way to go. Creepers can't creep up on you that way.

Deewun
March 31st, 2011, 4:35 PM
FUCK! I just lost everything, including two stacks of obsideon and diamond tools by a fucking creeper. Ugh. New world time.

Mr McGregor
March 31st, 2011, 8:03 PM
I had to buy the Beta yesterday, after having watched all of those hilarious BlueXephos (Simon & Lewis) videos on youtube over the past few weeks, and having a gander with the free browser version. I've had the game for 34 hours, I must have played for almost 20 of those hours.

Almost lost everything earlier. When I started the game, I was so excited I bounded off in every direction, only seeking somewhere with less snow and more mountains. I chose the side of a mountain for my first home, and even built a large stone statue on top illuminated with Jack O'Lanterns and torches so that I could see it easily should I get lost. I went on mining to bedrock.

Having mined 30 Obsidian just before bed last night, I intended to make a portal after work today. I built what I thought was a portal shell (4x5 Obsidian) and set myself on fire trying to activate it. Nowhere near a water source, I was fucked. And so respawning, I had no clue where to go. No more Obsidian, no diamond pick, no slimeball (not that it does anything) and my nice little mountain-side abode would be lost forever. After an hour of searching and three deaths, and by sheer fluke, I saw the portal I had tried to build and eventually found everything including my stash of coloured wools.

Moral of the story - build near your spawn point or at least orient yourself in case of death.

EDIT: Actually, there's been an update today. You should be able to spawn from a bed if you choose to sleep there one night. Make a bed with three planks of wood base and three wool above. Also in the update - WOLVES!

YouTube - Minecraft - Wolves and Cookies! (1.4 Beta Update!)

Deewun
March 31st, 2011, 8:19 PM
Awesome! I am so glad to have an update! Booyaka!

Deewun
March 31st, 2011, 11:15 PM
Jeez, the view from my new world is wonderful.

Spoilered for size.

http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/8144/minecraftview.png

Bad Collin
April 1st, 2011, 5:05 PM
This is NOT what I intended for my bedrock base :mad:

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/Badcollin/MC5.png

Mikey_Jones
April 1st, 2011, 5:15 PM
What texture pack is that?

Bert
April 1st, 2011, 5:32 PM
Anyone know a good Survival Multiplayer server? I'm thinking about getting into this again. It is a fun time waster.

Mikey_Jones
April 2nd, 2011, 12:59 PM
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff288/MikeChilds/MoonOnAStick.jpg

The_Mike
April 2nd, 2011, 1:26 PM
That's no moon...

Bad Collin
April 2nd, 2011, 4:08 PM
Did you build that Mikey? That is awesome.

I dropped 14 diamonds into lava this afternoon whilst drunk, in a car, on my laptop.

Mikey_Jones
April 2nd, 2011, 5:04 PM
Did you build that Mikey? That is awesome.

I dropped 14 diamonds into lava this afternoon whilst drunk, in a car, on my laptop.

On a multiplayer server with the help of a couple of others, yeah

It's got a ladder going inside as well

Bad Collin
April 2nd, 2011, 7:39 PM
So who would be interested in a Rajah server? These guys do a 12 player server for $8 a month: https://bros.brohoster.com/cart.php?gid=7

Bert
April 2nd, 2011, 9:30 PM
Depends how many people we get. If I only had to pay $1 or $2 a month I'd probably be in.

Bad Collin
April 3rd, 2011, 6:10 AM
To be honest, I would be happy to pay the $8 a month for the first few months at least. I just wanted make sure that I wouldn't be pottering around the server on my own.

Deewun
April 3rd, 2011, 8:50 AM
Money is very tight for me. But we get the cost low enough (or free :D) and I'll totally jump in.

Bad Collin
April 3rd, 2011, 10:06 AM
Right lads, I'm giving this a go. I am prepared to pay the £5 for the first few months and then lets see where we are.

Just sorting out the Pay pal stuff now...

Deewun
April 3rd, 2011, 1:06 PM
*is excited*

Bad Collin
April 3rd, 2011, 1:08 PM
Brohost are taking ages. They said it would be up in 30 mins, that was 90 mins ago :mad:

Torn
April 3rd, 2011, 1:24 PM
I mocked Bert for playing this then in standard me = cunt fashion I am now playing it. I will definitely play on a Rajah server, cheers for setting it up Collin, am willing to chip in a couple of quid if you want it at some point :yes:

Bad Collin
April 3rd, 2011, 1:41 PM
Nice one, lets see if the cunts actually sort the thing out first.

Bert
April 3rd, 2011, 2:12 PM
Well, if/when it comes up, I'll join as soon as you post the IP. I have nothing really to do until WM.

Deewun
April 3rd, 2011, 2:17 PM
Same here.

Bad Collin
April 3rd, 2011, 2:35 PM
Server is up and running. I'm going to play for five minutes and see how stable it is.

It seems to have started at dusk for some reason :\

Bad Collin
April 3rd, 2011, 2:39 PM
All the blocks seem to be indestructible...odd.

I have punched a zombie to death though.

Bad Collin
April 3rd, 2011, 2:49 PM
Seems to be working ok now. I will Pm the ip once I have plundered all the goodies from the immense cave system near the swarm.

Bert
April 3rd, 2011, 2:56 PM
All the blocks at your spawn respawn within a certain distance. I didn't know about it either until yesterday.

Bad Collin
April 3rd, 2011, 2:56 PM
lads, the ip is 50.22.36.157:25577

There are teething problems but it hasn't kicked me out for a few minutes now.

Bad Collin
April 3rd, 2011, 2:57 PM
All the blocks at your spawn respawn within a certain distance. I didn't know about it either until yesterday.

Ah, thanks. Log on and lets have a bloody party.

Deewun
April 3rd, 2011, 3:15 PM
wooo
I'm in

Edit: fuck, maybe not, computer problems.

Bad Collin
April 3rd, 2011, 4:09 PM
I now have a wolf called Grim :)

Bad Collin
April 3rd, 2011, 5:18 PM
This is immense, we already have a magnificent mine.

Bad Collin
April 3rd, 2011, 7:00 PM
That was a fun start. Glitchy as fuck though.

I almost had a bad accident with some lava.

Grimario
April 3rd, 2011, 7:47 PM
I now have a wolf called Grim :)

You will have a Grim called Grim when I get on tonight :hyper:

Bad Collin
April 3rd, 2011, 8:00 PM
Woooooooooot

Grimario
April 4th, 2011, 6:04 AM
Make it tomorrow night, BC. Wife has had a ridiculously shit day (including seeing a woman get run over by a bus) so I am being sensitive husband :wave:

Bad Collin
April 4th, 2011, 7:07 AM
:yes: Good man Grim. The server will be there for at least a month.

This server keeps crashing my system, my laptop blue screened twice last night. I will look into some patches etc.

Also, I think my wolf was killed by the lava :(

Mikey_Jones
April 4th, 2011, 7:19 AM
What happened with the server last night anyway?

Were there two different maps loaded or did you get lost BC?

There was a wolf safely hidden in one of the rooms of the house when I left it

Bad Collin
April 4th, 2011, 7:24 AM
It was the same map. I found the base in the end and made a few additions.

I found the wolf in the house and took him out with me. He killed three spiders before I decided to make our tower more visible by adding lava, I didn't see him after that. I will build Grim I a tombstone when I log on later. :(

Mr McGregor
April 4th, 2011, 7:59 AM
Yes, the lava incident was unfortunate :cry:

Apart from a few bashes at Team Fortress 2, this is my first experience of online multiplayer anything. While I'm fairly bad at building/mining and have a tendency to randomly bludgeon/slash/mine poor Mike, I'm really grateful for the experience and am willing to contribute anything I can.

Thank you :yes:

EDIT: I'm E_Humperdink, btw

Bad Collin
April 4th, 2011, 8:35 AM
It should be fun Humperdink.

By the way, this is the texture pack I use: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?t=64678

I really want to play now but I have a shit tonne of revision to do today.

Mikey_Jones
April 4th, 2011, 8:47 AM
Yes, the lava incident was unfortunate :cry:

Apart from a few bashes at Team Fortress 2, this is my first experience of online multiplayer anything. While I'm fairly bad at building/mining and have a tendency to randomly bludgeon/slash/mine poor Mike, I'm really grateful for the experience and am willing to contribute anything I can.

Thank you :yes:

EDIT: I'm E_Humperdink, btw

I was convinced it was a spider the first few times, made me nervous :(

Mr McGregor
April 4th, 2011, 8:47 AM
That's one of the better 'realistic' texture packs I've seen. I'm going to try out a Gerudoku thing.

I've been in and out of the game today - been honing my building abilities by attempting a small bridge over that lava stream, but I keep diverting the lava flow. Haven't done too much damage so far :$

Mr McGregor
April 4th, 2011, 8:50 AM
I was convinced it was a spider the first few times, made me nervous :(

Apologies. I was trying to give you my posey and then trying to mine my way out of being in the same hole as you. It won't happen again. Or at least, I'll carry plenty of cooked pork to make up for my lack of coordination.

Bad Collin
April 4th, 2011, 10:57 AM
That is enough revision for one day.

I got back on and immediately a creeper blew me up.

I am going to turn that big room into our store room to start off today

EDIT: I just lost Grim 2 to the lava :(

Bad Collin
April 4th, 2011, 11:55 AM
This is the view from the Rajah Lava Lounge:

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/Badcollin/MC6.png

Bad Collin
April 4th, 2011, 7:39 PM
The Rajah server is coming along nicely, this is the lava tower:

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/Badcollin/MC7.png

and our patriotic storeroom

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/Badcollin/MC8.png

When it comes to mines, Collin's shaft is the place to be.

Torn
April 4th, 2011, 7:50 PM
Incorrect, it is nothing compared to the outstanding Cole Mine.

Bad Collin
April 4th, 2011, 8:02 PM
Torn, I got an amazing new skin.

Miotch
April 4th, 2011, 8:05 PM
this game has no point

Bert
April 4th, 2011, 8:05 PM
Bert's Cool Place is the best.

this game has no point

Make cool shit and survive in the process.

Grimario
April 4th, 2011, 8:09 PM
Grim's Place Which Does Not Yet Exist is uber and you guys are all nubs.

Miotch
April 4th, 2011, 8:18 PM
Make cool shit and survive in the process.

You should go play outside if you want a sandbox game with no point.

Bert
April 4th, 2011, 8:50 PM
You should go play outside if you want a sandbox game with no point.

I can't make mines as easily. :(

Bad Collin
April 5th, 2011, 5:40 AM
It's not a waste of time if you enjoy the time you waste.

Grimario
April 5th, 2011, 9:15 AM
I was kind of expecting more activity near spawn... logged on earlier, middle of the night and was raped by skeletons :(

How far away is ANYTHING?

Bad Collin
April 5th, 2011, 9:30 AM
It takes about a minute of walking to get to the base. The lava tower is quite visible from a distance.

I did mean to put some signs up.

Mikey_Jones
April 6th, 2011, 6:08 AM
I'll get working on making a train to the area tonight

Basically need lots of iron

Torn
April 6th, 2011, 6:40 AM
Bert finished making the track yesterday. It's great.

Bad Collin
April 6th, 2011, 11:09 AM
I can't wait to get home and continue work on my tower.

I also need to decide what to blow up with my TNT.

Mikey_Jones
April 6th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Torn's house

Bad Collin
April 6th, 2011, 11:57 AM
I was thinking of linking it to a pressure plate in your house but that would have been a bit out of order.

My other idea was mining but according to the wiki it destroys 70%of the blocks in it's blast radius.

Mikey_Jones
April 6th, 2011, 12:39 PM
I still don't know how that all works!

Deewun
April 6th, 2011, 12:51 PM
So I figured out the problem ... I'm an idiot and am using the free version which doesn't let me get on the server. Once I get 10 more bucks, I'll be joining in, fellas.

Bad Collin
April 10th, 2011, 7:24 AM
The Rajah server is going brilliantly by the way.

Grimario
April 10th, 2011, 9:45 PM
I've got nearly 3 weeks off BC, so I will undoubtedly be wasting time on there.

Mr McGregor
April 12th, 2011, 8:26 AM
I wanted to take a break from my mining/building projects and try out a texture pack also. I decided to take a few snaps of some bits...

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j359/Mr_McGregor/Minecraft/2011-04-12_123540.png
Sunset is so romantic :heart:

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j359/Mr_McGregor/Minecraft/2011-04-12_123612.png
The lava tower from outside the Rajah Lava lounge

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j359/Mr_McGregor/Minecraft/2011-04-12_123824.png
The view from atop the lava tower, facing North.

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j359/Mr_McGregor/Minecraft/2011-04-12_112353.png
Sunrise, aww

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j359/Mr_McGregor/Minecraft/2011-04-12_124544.png
The magnificent Collin Towers

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j359/Mr_McGregor/Minecraft/2011-04-12_113235.png
Bert's Cool Place includes some genious contraptions

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j359/Mr_McGregor/Minecraft/2011-04-12_123314.png
Torn's mansion. I'm envious of his water features

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j359/Mr_McGregor/Minecraft/2011-04-12_123348.png
'EH' My project as E_Humperdink

http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j359/Mr_McGregor/Minecraft/2011-04-12_112821.png
I found this while snooping. I don't know who did it, but it's marvelous.

Torn
April 12th, 2011, 8:30 AM
That was Bert's friend, massive mind fuck of a room.

I am in the process of adding a third floor to my building there, hence why it has half a roof.

Deewun
April 12th, 2011, 8:32 AM
That stuff all looks great, guys! Man, I cannot wait to finally float the funds and jump on to join you fellas.

Christopherson
April 16th, 2011, 11:08 AM
I'm hoping you can help me lads. So my son wants me to buy this, which I am trying to do but everytime I put my details in (using card btw) and type my password for the extra security bit it will go to this screen:

Hold on
Processing transaction
"Verifying......."

and stay on this screen, it's been ages now and hasn't shifted. I use firefox with ad-block. Any ideas?

Mr McGregor
April 16th, 2011, 1:51 PM
Are you using Visa or MasterCard/Amex?

I remember my first attempt (MasterCard) went odd, but the second went through fine. I was only charged once. Try again perhaps. I'm sure they'd cheerfully refund any duplicate payments.

I wouldn't think it's your browser - I'm using crappy IE8 still.

Christopherson
April 17th, 2011, 6:06 AM
Visa.

I think we're rocking and rolling now. Without it actually ever telling me I purchased the game. I've d/l the beta version and I can seem to play it, I never re ordered it but checking my bank balance it seems to have went through the first time. I'm assuming you can only play the beta version if you have bought it though? There is no other indications of buying the game, for instance I don't have a purchase code or even a email saying "you have bought this game" or any that jazz.

The game is a little slow/sluggish my computer isn't brillant, Celeron processor (I know) 1.6 GHz, ram 2.0 GB (it's more than that as I installed another chip but can't remember the amount). This is silly what I'm going to say it does seem to be running a little smoother the last few times I've opened it up, regardless though, does my comp have enough speed and memory to effectively run the game?

Mr McGregor
May 5th, 2011, 6:21 PM
It takes up quite a bit of memory actually. I've got double your ram and have still managed to crash my game a few times. Obviously close down as much as possible on your computer while playing, but also in game maybe reduce the render distance a fair bit.

Anyone else still playing? I'm upset that the server has gone but I guess a few folk have lost interest. I still play the single player. The more I do, the more things I want to build and feats I want to achieve. I've changed from a player who would hide away at night while the mobs are out to going gung ho and attacking all in sight. I've also been fiddling with texture packs, but no mods so far.

Looking forward to the next update :yes:

Deewun
May 5th, 2011, 7:09 PM
I still play by myself, as I do not have the money to do the full thing yet. The next update is supposed to be multiplayer Nether, and that will be awesome.

Mr McGregor
May 5th, 2011, 7:22 PM
The Nether scares the crap out of me. It's like the tension you feel when a creeper is chasing you, but constant. I'm terrified.

Grimario
May 5th, 2011, 8:33 PM
I haven't played in months, apart from the brief log on to the server where I got molested by monsters. I have an abundance of games that I have bought on Steam during the Christmas/Thansgiving/Halloween sales that I am trying to get through before next sales and Minecraft seems to be something that I can do whenever... it isn't going to date because it already looks "dated".

Bad Collin
June 24th, 2011, 10:36 AM
I am going to get the server up and running again tonight.

Bert
June 24th, 2011, 1:50 PM
I was wondering if you guys were still playing or not.

I just felt like I ran out of ideas for stuff to make so then I decided to take a break but it became a really long break because I had other games to play.

Bad Collin
June 24th, 2011, 2:41 PM
We are back bitches: 184.172.15.193:25566

I am going to build a fucking massive castle.

Bad Collin
June 24th, 2011, 2:58 PM
I am already on the run from creepers, love this game.

Bad Collin
June 25th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Come and join me people, the rain is fantastic:

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/Badcollin/MC9.png

Bad Collin
August 13th, 2011, 3:57 PM
I can't believe you guys left me hanging :(

Anyway, the release date for the full version is 11/11/11, it will be interesting to see what the final version looks like.

Deewun
August 13th, 2011, 4:14 PM
I've been running into money problems, but I do plan on jumping in once my money situation calms down a bit (stupid divorce). The full version excites me, with the addition of actual goals and reasons to adventure, and the hinted new critters.

Deewun
August 15th, 2011, 8:30 PM
Is the server still up? I'm having problems connecting to it.

Bad Collin
August 18th, 2011, 12:18 PM
I stopped the server after the first month because no one was using it. It is quite cheap so I would restart it if a few people were going to get involved.

Deewun
August 18th, 2011, 1:10 PM
Ahh, cool. If more folks are interested, now that I have a version that is paid for, I'll be on there in a heartbeat.

Mr McGregor
August 20th, 2011, 7:52 AM
Count me in also :yes:

Have any of you been on the servers from those Yogscast videos on YouTube? I had a brief wander yesterday. Pretty impressive. We could steal a few ideas.

http://yogiverse.com/cmps_index.php?pageid=servers

Grimario
August 20th, 2011, 10:34 AM
My problem is timezones. Sucks logging on and it being a ghost town. Would be keen if you lot start sleeping odd hours so it suits me :yes:

Bad Collin
August 20th, 2011, 11:51 AM
I will get the server running again this weekend then. I don't mind people not being on at the same time as me but it would be good to see new building whenever I log on.

I want to build an ice palace.

Deewun
August 20th, 2011, 12:10 PM
Sweet. I'm stoked. I've created a bucket list of things I want to accomplish on Minecraft, and now I'll be able to share those things ... I hope anyway.

Bad Collin
August 20th, 2011, 12:24 PM
It's paid for, I will post the link once the server is up.

Bad Collin
August 20th, 2011, 1:45 PM
We are back: 216.172.97.98:26025

I am currently cowering in a cave as there is NO coal near the spawn point.

Bad Collin
August 20th, 2011, 2:08 PM
http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/Badcollin/MC10.png

Just fuck off

Still no coal.

Grimario
August 20th, 2011, 9:37 PM
Bloody hell. It's obviously been a while since I have played... took me about 4 minutes to download the patch :eek:

Logging in now...

Deewun
August 21st, 2011, 3:04 AM
Woooo! Excited.

Is anyone a griefer, btw? I am just looking for a little warning.

Grimario
August 21st, 2011, 4:13 AM
I got griefed by bloody creepers when I first logged on. Exploded right outside the base that had been built right near the spawn point. Have since done some running repairs to it. Also found a massive quantity of clay so red bricks are going to be plentiful.

Bad Collin
August 21st, 2011, 4:47 AM
That is probably my house, bloody creepers. There is one outside now. :(

Bad Collin
August 21st, 2011, 9:57 AM
I keep getting BSOD every five to ten minutes, despite this Castle Collin is coming along nicely.

Deewun
August 21st, 2011, 12:23 PM
I really hope my Yggdrisil super tree works. That'll be awesome.

Bad Collin
August 21st, 2011, 1:16 PM
Unwanted guests in Castle Collin:

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/Badcollin/MC.jpg

The Rogerer
August 21st, 2011, 2:18 PM
I'm just digging myself out a little home and getting my shit together. This server is a very unsafe place, boys.

Bert
August 21st, 2011, 9:59 PM
Minecraft: Pokémon Mod! (Pokemobs) - YouTube

Holy shit.

Grimario
August 21st, 2011, 10:18 PM
If that gets to the point where you can actually fight with your pokemon, that could be an amazing amazing mod.

Deewun
August 21st, 2011, 11:27 PM
Woo, new skin. Time to get on and continue my lunacy.

Deewun
August 23rd, 2011, 1:59 PM
Fuck yeah, my lava temple is built! Lava temple and tree temple done, next is a water temple.

Bad Collin
August 23rd, 2011, 2:19 PM
About to log on and check this shit out now.

Bad Collin
August 23rd, 2011, 3:08 PM
I went for an explore and got really lost, I think I am miles away from the spawn point but I have found ice.

Mr McGregor
August 24th, 2011, 5:23 AM
I'm determined to finish the sphere. A creeper did it's best to destroy it last night while I was trying to figure out a redstone circuit, but he only caused minimal damage.

I'm enjoying myself immensely. I'm curious to know what texture packs, if any, you boys are using?

Deewun
August 24th, 2011, 7:51 AM
I keep trying to find a good texture pack, and always end up going back to classic mode.

Deewun
August 24th, 2011, 11:38 PM
UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm fucking lost, and need to find some redstone so I can build a compass and get home.

Grimario
August 24th, 2011, 11:45 PM
Can't you just type /home to go back to spawn point? :dunno:

Deewun
August 24th, 2011, 11:47 PM
Can I? Lemme try it. I've never heard that command before.

Edit: I apparently "have not set a home", so I suppose that doesn't count for the bed.

Grimario
August 25th, 2011, 12:00 AM
/spawn maybe? Or it might be /sethome and /home, nothing to do with spawn point. Mine is smack bang in the middle of the dugout right near the spawn point.

Bad Collin
August 25th, 2011, 5:17 AM
I am stupidly addicted to this game. I was playing it until 1am last night.

The Rogerer
August 25th, 2011, 5:36 AM
Failed to connect to the server

Connection refused: connect

:(

I have a fair bit of redstone that I'll never figure out how to use properly. I have a powered rail and a torch that powers it, but buttons are beyond me.

Mr McGregor
August 25th, 2011, 7:29 AM
Failed to connect to the server

Connection refused: connect

:(

I have a fair bit of redstone that I'll never figure out how to use properly. I have a powered rail and a torch that powers it, but buttons are beyond me.

I can't get in either :cry:

I managed to figure out a redstone circuit totally through trial and error. I used the Minecraft Wiki (http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Minecraft_Wiki) to get the crafting recipes, but I didn't understand all the guff about the different circuits and blah blah blah. I think the redstone torches are a constant source of power and can't be switched off with levers or buttons (I tried). They can be extinguished with water however.

Bad Collin
August 25th, 2011, 8:51 AM
I haven't had any emails about server problems

It better work when I get home...

Deewun
August 25th, 2011, 8:58 AM
Still not connecting as of right now. Been having that problem all night, too.

Grimario
August 25th, 2011, 9:42 AM
Gaaaaaaaaaaaay. I wanted to wind down with some Minecraft before sleep. FIX IT, BAD COLLIN. VERY BAD COLLIN, ARRGGH.

Bad Collin
August 25th, 2011, 9:54 AM
I have raised a support ticket.

Bad Collin
August 25th, 2011, 10:12 AM
They say people are on the server :dunno:

Deewun
August 25th, 2011, 10:23 AM
Same problem still. That's nuts. Are Rog and I the only ones getting that connection error, or is everyone from Rajah having problems?

Bad Collin
August 25th, 2011, 10:26 AM
I will be home in a few hours, I will look into it then.

Bad Collin
August 25th, 2011, 1:05 PM
Is this the screen everyone else is getting:

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k253/Badcollin/MCfail.jpg

Deewun
August 25th, 2011, 1:20 PM
yes

Grimario
August 25th, 2011, 6:13 PM
My guess, BC, if they say your server is full is that someone has leeched the details from here and they are free for the internet to connect to. If so, don't expect the world to be anything like it was when everyone gets back on :(

Bad Collin
August 25th, 2011, 7:00 PM
It was fine and I also checked the server log and there was no activity before we managed to log in.

Deewun
August 26th, 2011, 6:01 PM
As of 5:55 PM EST, I've been having the same connection problems we were having before. I was actually kicked at that time, too.

The Rogerer
August 26th, 2011, 6:15 PM
They've made a few changes and this seems to run not too bad on my laptop now. When I try to connect, it sticks with "Connecting to the server..." and then

Failed to Connect to the Server
Connection timed out: connect

Bad Collin
August 26th, 2011, 9:19 PM
I have raised another support ticket, this is not good enough.

Grimario
August 27th, 2011, 2:56 AM
Back up now... but not much consolation.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
August 27th, 2011, 3:18 AM
Apparently I'm not white-listed. As if Minecraft doesn't know who I am...!

Bad Collin
August 27th, 2011, 7:04 AM
Are you murse2011? If so I have added you to the list.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
August 27th, 2011, 7:30 AM
Yeah, I know it's a fairly lame user name but I have no sense of originality.. and so I stole it from scrubs..

Bad Collin
August 27th, 2011, 7:33 AM
I am not here to judge you Mr _Rulez. Now go and build something awesome.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
August 27th, 2011, 7:44 AM
I'm still not whitelisted apparently, maybe it needs to restart or something. :chin:

Oh and does building something awesome include a small cubic hut with a workbench? I hope so!

Bad Collin
August 27th, 2011, 8:58 PM
I restarted, I also got this email:

Dear Miner,

We have pinpoint the cause of the issue down to firewall! We have disable iptables and everyone can access the gameservers again!

Sorry for taking so long to resolve this issue.

Thanks you for your patience & understanding.

Feel free to contact us if you have any question.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
August 28th, 2011, 3:23 AM
Yeah works, thanks. I've just been admiring other peoples buildings and thinking that I make a terrible architecht!

I also just use therogerer's bed and a skeleton archer popped up and tried to kill me.. that didnt scare me, not at all. Now I can hear groaning. This is why I play SP on peaceful :scared:

Hlebsfall
August 29th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Oh chaps, could one of you add me to this, I've tried joining in but it's telling me I'm not white listed. Funnily enough, my username is hlebsfall.

Deewun
August 29th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Wooo, Creeper Statue with functioning Nether Portal Gullet is halfway completed! Jesus this was an undertaking. But we are very close to having it finished. Then I can get back to my Legend of Zelda style themed dungeons with the HELL DUNGEON and then the Sky Island!

Bad Collin
August 29th, 2011, 6:32 PM
Deewun has done fine work here.

Hlebs, I have added you.

I meant to play this a bit today but spend 9 hours on Fallout: New Vegas instead. My brain hurts...

Mr McGregor
August 30th, 2011, 6:50 AM
I've lost a bunch of stuff in The Nether so far and have been trapped there once when a Ghast destroyed the portal. I had to commit suicide but by the time I got back in all my stuff had been incinerated :mad:

Here are a few screens from our adventures:

This is always fun, yet useful if you're building enormous statues of mobs
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j359/Mr_McGregor/Minecraft/2011-08-26_004153.png

Just some squids in a cave
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j359/Mr_McGregor/Minecraft/2011-08-26_011556.png

Deewun swotting up in his library
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j359/Mr_McGregor/Minecraft/2011-08-24_165454.png

Deewun about to be violated by Creepers
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j359/Mr_McGregor/Minecraft/2011-08-26_001710.png

A cheerful slime knocks at the door, aww
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j359/Mr_McGregor/Minecraft/2011-08-25_232658.png

Deewun
August 30th, 2011, 8:02 AM
I like your texture pack, Greg. What is it?

Mr McGregor
August 30th, 2011, 8:21 AM
I like your texture pack, Greg. What is it?

It's called Gerudoku. The original creator has stopped updating it so I think this is a fan update for the latest version. There are a bunch of very similar packs. I can't seem to find exactly where I downloaded this one, but it was from the official Minecraft forum (http://www.minecraftforum.net/forum). I can send you the files if you want to give it a try.

Deewun
August 30th, 2011, 12:43 PM
DAMN IT Creepers and Skeletons keep getting into the Creeper somehow, and now it has fucked up the circuitry, again. Ugh ... I'm going to fill that whole work basement with concrete and dirt soon because of that stupid fucking thing. Even worse, that was the SECOND CREEPER, as I killed the first one.

Deewun
August 31st, 2011, 6:13 PM
Just met Murse2011. Well, they were on when I was on, but I didn't get to find out who you were. So who is the murse?

HHHnFoley_Rulez
August 31st, 2011, 6:19 PM
It is I..

http://www.marktv.org/aa/images/leclerc.jpg

...Le Clarc...

Obscure reference #281.

Twas I. I've started to fill in the basement of my creep-filled "building" now. They cleared out when I dug a hole in the side of it. Got fed up of it scaring me.

I'm just faffing around a long way from spawn, I dont know how to get between them.. I was out looking for clay and got lost, so thought I'd build a little island. Need a *lot* more stone though, it seems! And thats just to get the "outline" done!

You might find the odd empty boat lying around, I keep losing track of them!

Deewun
August 31st, 2011, 6:20 PM
Ha, cool. Nice to have spotted you, sir. If I'm on and you need help finding your way back, lemm eknow.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
August 31st, 2011, 6:24 PM
Well theres a trick I've worked out (with google and /help pages).. You can set your "home" with /sethome (or /set home.. I forget) and you dont need a bed I dont think (or at least, it doesnt always have to be there). So then you smash up your bed, then when you die you return to spawn point (rather than your bed). However typing /home will take you back to where you set it. I've used that like twice. Just remember to die "naked"! Or at least not holding stuff you might want.

You can also teleport to players, apparently, if they accept a request for it. Again tis on /help.

Deewun
August 31st, 2011, 6:33 PM
Look at you, knowing all the /help codes and stuff. I'm nowhere near that saavy. Ha!

Torn
August 31st, 2011, 6:55 PM
HI can I get whitelisted please (tornbees)? Would like to see what you guys have been up to.

I miss the Cole Mine and my massive house from the last server :(

Bad Collin
August 31st, 2011, 7:17 PM
I have added you mate.

I need to drag myself away from Fallout for a few hours to play this.

Grimario
August 31st, 2011, 11:45 PM
Deewun, if I was on the server right now, I would source 3 buckets of milk, 2 sugar, 1 egg and 3 white and present you with a cake. Happy Birthday :beer:

Deewun
August 31st, 2011, 11:50 PM
Ha, thanks mate.

Grimario
August 31st, 2011, 11:56 PM
Also, I don't care if it isn't until tomorrow. I am in the future here in Australia.

Mr McGregor
September 1st, 2011, 2:04 PM
Here's the birthday boy with his cake. Happy Birthday Icey!
http://i1081.photobucket.com/albums/j359/Mr_McGregor/Minecraft/2011-09-01_155504.png

Deewun
September 1st, 2011, 2:10 PM
Cake is yummy!

HHHnFoley_Rulez
September 1st, 2011, 3:51 PM
I've almost connected the two areas now.. by stone road anyway - ha. If anyone wants to "donate" stone/rails/whatever, follow the path from the "station" at the spawn and eventually theres a chest in one of the tunnels.. that or just lay track yourself. Or just marvel at its basicness. :yes:

HHHnFoley_Rulez
September 2nd, 2011, 10:36 AM
http://www.orangeek.org/images/yatta.jpg

Well, its connected by stone at least!! Just need a million pieces of track now, easy!

Hlebsfall
September 2nd, 2011, 12:31 PM
I'm too busy building the world's shittest castle. I fucking suck at this, I need to swot up on what I can actually build.

If I can actually find what you are going on about, I'll help out.

Torn
September 2nd, 2011, 5:10 PM
I have added you mate.

I need to drag myself away from Fallout for a few hours to play this.

Says I'm not white-listed :(

Bad Collin
September 2nd, 2011, 7:08 PM
I have restarted the server, it should work now.

Grimario
September 2nd, 2011, 9:25 PM
I'm too busy building the world's shittest castle. I fucking suck at this, I need to swot up on what I can actually build.

If I can actually find what you are going on about, I'll help out.

That is me as well. The only attribute I care about when building something is symmetry. As a result, everything is fucking BORING.

I spent my first few hours on the server DIGGING A HOLE. Someone has butchered it with a ledge and stair case off on the side now though :(

Deewun
September 2nd, 2011, 9:59 PM
Sorry that was me, I fell down it and had to get back up. Sorry Grim.

Torn
September 2nd, 2011, 10:28 PM
I have restarted the server, it should work now.

:heart:

Grimario
September 3rd, 2011, 10:20 AM
Sorry that was me, I fell down it and had to get back up. Sorry Grim.

Ahaha, someone apologising for putting some functionality into a gaping HOLE? Crazy scenes ;)

HHHnFoley_Rulez
September 3rd, 2011, 5:51 PM
If you want symmetry, dont look at my building at the end of the line. When I went round putting windows in I noticed I've screwed it up and its not a proper circle like it was meant to be! :happysad:

Mr McGregor
September 4th, 2011, 8:12 AM
Circles are a challenge. I found a plan on google somewhere as a blueprint for the sphere, but after closing it up (finally) there are some issues with symmetry on the inside. For that reason I made the layout asymmetric. It's gonna bug me forever, but I'm too lazy.

Torn
September 4th, 2011, 9:50 AM
Checking stuff out at the moment. That massive sphere thing is fucking mental. As are the gigantic tower and the creeper head.

Mr McGregor
September 6th, 2011, 11:02 AM
Minecraft 1.8 trailer - YouTube

Bad Collin
September 6th, 2011, 11:18 AM
I will let everyone know when the server is updated to 1.8, don't update beforehand!!!!

Deewun
September 6th, 2011, 12:26 PM
OMG OM GOMGOM GOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGMG

Endermen are here, the adventure update ... oh man, I'm so incredibly excited

Mr McGregor
September 6th, 2011, 12:37 PM
Is there a way of not updating the game, other than not launching while conected to the internet?

Bad Collin
September 6th, 2011, 1:55 PM
You can choose not to update.

Mr McGregor
September 6th, 2011, 2:10 PM
Really? I've never realised this. Mine updates of it's own volition, if there's an update to be had, as soon as it's opened and online. No prompts or anything. It doesn't usually matter, I just have to remember not to use the texture packs.

I'm looking forward to the Endermen folk. Less so about the new poisonous cave spiders, but hopefully these critical hits and improved bow & arrow jobs will help. It's been stressful enough trying to build with this version's mobs. The ravines look pretty.

Torn
September 6th, 2011, 2:12 PM
EXCITED.

My massive building thing is using up a vast amount of stone, gonna have to do a large amount of mining.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
September 6th, 2011, 2:50 PM
I've dropped a chest near just passed the bridge. I was hijacking the area for iron mining - and just droppin off the stone... also I have a chest somewhere near the spawn, underground, full of stone. I will try to find it.

Bad Collin
September 6th, 2011, 3:00 PM
EXCITED.

My massive building thing is using up a vast amount of stone, gonna have to do a large amount of mining.

I have two double chests of it in my basement. Help yourself.

Torn
September 6th, 2011, 3:02 PM
I've dropped a chest near just passed the bridge. I was hijacking the area for iron mining - and just droppin off the stone... also I have a chest somewhere near the spawn, underground, full of stone. I will try to find it.

I have two double chests of it in my basement. Help yourself.

Awesome, thanks.

Grimario
September 7th, 2011, 4:55 AM
I have had my eyes opened, just wow. I had a 180 degree view of the whole server... for the first time today I went away from the sphere and my mind was blown.