PDA

View Full Version : Louie

terencestamp7
October 31st, 2010, 6:08 PM
Anyone watch this show? I believe it's on FX, but I've been watching it on Netflix streaming. It stars Louie CK. It reminds me a bit of Seinfeld where they had stand-up comedy bits mixed in with sitcom.

I'm up to episode 6 of the first season. The episode with Ricky Gervais is my favorite so far. This show is hilarious.

I've enjoyed Louis CK since I first saw a stand-up of his on HBO a few years ago. He had that Lucky Louie show on HBO, but that didn't last for long unfortunately. Glad to see he's back!

virms
November 3rd, 2010, 12:23 AM
Luckie Louie was amazing. I might check out the FX show sometime soon though as the man is just seriously funny.

Fro
November 3rd, 2010, 9:21 AM
Good show, worth checking out. I've only seen a couple episodes.

Beer-Belly
November 3rd, 2010, 2:25 PM
Louie CK is the man. I can't decide on my personal favorite comedian, but he's definitely up there.

Trouble
November 9th, 2010, 12:15 PM
Loved his HBO show, on loved the FX show. Was glad to see Pamela Adlon, his wife from "Lucky Louie", get a semi-recurring role in "Louie', as I always liked her.

Simon
January 5th, 2011, 7:27 AM
Did anyone stick with this? I'm up to episode 11 now and it's great. A very likeable show, which is weird considering the shit Louie says and does. His idea of putting all the black kids in the window seats of the bus when the field trip takes a wrong turning and ends up in Harlem was inspired.

son_of_foley
January 5th, 2011, 7:32 AM
I'm very interested to see where he goes now he has left pineapple dance studio.

Jimmy Zero
January 12th, 2011, 12:35 AM
I've just started to get into this show, and oh my god is it incredible. The episode with Gervais is just amazing. I love it.

Simon
July 29th, 2011, 6:24 PM
Why aren't any of you talking about this show? :( it's fantastic. It has more ambition and care put into it than any other show on TV at the moment. I honestly think Louis CK could make a truly INCREDIBLE show at some point, the ideas in this are great.

Second City Saint
July 29th, 2011, 6:36 PM
I love this show. It's like a dark Seinfeld.

Dream-Evil
July 30th, 2011, 12:14 PM
I loved episode 6 of the first season when he rips that woman heckler. "You don't like rape? and "Could you do me a favour? Could you just die of aids? Does anybody have aids that could put their dick her her face and get her started?" Ahaha... So fucking harsh. I love it.

Mik
June 30th, 2013, 2:00 PM
Why aren't any of you talking about this show? :( it's fantastic. It has more ambition and care put into it than any other show on TV at the moment. I honestly think Louis CK could make a truly INCREDIBLE show at some point, the ideas in this are great.

This WAS that show. I cant believe more people on here havent watched/talked about it.

LOCONUT
June 30th, 2013, 2:16 PM
Yeah, it really is brilliant.

Funboy
June 30th, 2013, 3:23 PM
It's one of those shows that I would just gush about or quote.
He has such an amazing take on the world, and I enjoy the freedoms afforded him by FX.
The interaction with his kids is amazing.
It is easily one of the best shows I've been watching in recent years.

Fro
June 30th, 2013, 6:18 PM
It's so different- some episodes or segments are top notch sitcom humor and others are really clever dark comedy or drama. The part where he's going back home to finally see his Dad but then gets to the door and decides to run away and races away as fast as he can and ends up on a speed boat in the middle of the ocean is a great example of something that's not laugh out loud funny but it's just really unexpected and clever.

The show's on hiatus for a while now, I think it comes back sometime in 2014.

Clive Plasma
May 6th, 2014, 2:39 PM
The two new episodes were excellent. So good to have it back.

Fro
May 6th, 2014, 3:21 PM
Seconded

Pipkin
May 7th, 2014, 4:27 PM
I'm really glad that this is back. I thought both of the new episodes were good but not great, at least by this show's standards, but I'm sure there's plenty of greatness coming this season.

Clive Plasma
May 8th, 2014, 4:38 AM
Have you heard how the new season is going to pan out? Going to get 2 episodes a week, and will be broken down like this...

I took a year off between last season and this one, mostly so I could have more time to do the show, to make it better. This season is very different from past seasons. The first three episodes are pretty typical of what we've done in the past, Self-contained stories. But the next 6 episodes after that are all connected in one story. Then we have a three part story and a two part story. So lots of… parts stories. Yeah

I love how he just ignores the norm and does whatever the fuck he wants.

Simon
May 8th, 2014, 5:24 AM
I really need to catch up with this, I gave up around the point where he got Dane Cook on just to slag him off, it became a bit dreary and depressing...but at its best it is brilliant.

Clive Plasma
May 8th, 2014, 5:30 AM
Did you not see it where he went for the Letterman job and he had David Lynch in it? That 3 partner was something special.

This is still my favourite scene...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2D-PFdCup2E

McBain
May 8th, 2014, 5:36 AM
The Lynch stuff was genius.

Glad this is back. Love Louis CK.

Gary J
May 8th, 2014, 6:30 AM
Yeah the Letterman stuff was great and I loved the Afghanistan episode. Love this show

Clive Plasma
May 8th, 2014, 6:35 AM
In his new episode, this had me cracking up = "Life is short – a lot of people are fond of saying that... And it is. Life is short – if you're a child who died".

So brilliantly bleak.

Mik
May 10th, 2014, 7:43 PM
Just watched the first two episodes. Glad the show is back.

Fro
April 9th, 2015, 8:38 PM
Season premiere tonight

McBain
April 9th, 2015, 9:55 PM
Sweeeeeet. I've missed Louie.

Fro
May 2nd, 2015, 3:12 PM
This week's episode was really weird and really amazing.

Clive Plasma
May 5th, 2015, 4:18 AM
http://consequenceofsound.net/2015/05/louis-c-k-starring-writing-and-directing-new-film-im-a-cop/

McBain
May 5th, 2015, 4:54 AM
I hate that new york bitch who keeps messing him around.

Clive Plasma
May 8th, 2015, 3:22 PM
omfg that last episode was amazing.

The song over the credits too;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80MDKGlgkEI