PDA

View Full Version : Misfits...

Alf
October 18th, 2010, 5:16 PM
I did a search and couldn't find anything.

Anyway, Misfits... it's bloody ace, yeah?

It's about a few youths doing community service when a weird storm hits, one by one they discover they have special abilities.

It's cracking, very funny, and very ace.

http://www.youtube.com/verify_age?next_url=http%3A//www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DxMABaMyZOrc

First series there...

Second series is starting in November so get caught up.

Alf
December 9th, 2010, 7:17 PM
Has no one been watching this?

Come on gays, it's awesome.

Tempest
December 9th, 2010, 7:21 PM
Fucking love it!
I love how it's about super powers, but is more in touch with this generation than a show like Skins could hope to be. It just keeps getting better and better.

I do worry that they're writing themselves into a hole with the current Simon storyline, but I have faith they know what they're doing.

Nathan is a legend. When he is fingering Kelly, pulls his finger out and goes 'Hello' with it I couldn't stop laughing for bloody ages

Alf
December 9th, 2010, 7:25 PM
The writing is tremendous.

Tempest
December 9th, 2010, 7:28 PM
It really is. The premise of the show is so cheesy and ridiculous that I put off watching for a long time, but when I did watch i've found it nothing but engaging and hilarious. It's the show UK TV needed since Shameless went shit.

BIGFEETS
December 10th, 2010, 1:42 AM
Danzig was indeed ... oh, wait.

eldanielfire
December 30th, 2010, 7:28 PM
Fucking love it!

I love how it's about super powers, but is more in touch with this generation than a show like Skins could hope to be. It just keeps getting better and better.

I do worry that they're writing themselves into a hole with the current Simon storyline, but I have faith they know what they're doing.

I've felt it's gone a little too 'Heroes'/days of future past but with much better and realistic character writing. With the whole people form the future altering the past. I was hoping for something a bit different but I hate destiny type storylines anyway and perfe rit with the characters not having a mentor or somebody guiding them along. Also I though Nathan's death at the end of series 1 was a bit out of character with the big speach, however he's a great character played by a superb actor.

Nathan is a legend. When he is fingering Kelly, pulls his finger out and goes 'Hello' with it I couldn't stop laughing for bloody ages

Indeed.

virms
December 31st, 2010, 2:12 AM
Has no one been watching this?

Come on gays, it's awesome.

Well why don't you get in the fucking challenge thread and lay this down on somebody?

MACE
June 24th, 2011, 2:41 PM
BUMPAGE.

Yeah, Misfits is fucking brilliant. Unbelievably well done.

Although I'm devastated by the news that Robert Sheenan won't be back for the 3rd series.... :(

Tyson
July 6th, 2011, 11:57 PM
It's occasionally on Showcase here. Pretty decent show.

Antonia Thomas is fit, BTW.

MACE
July 7th, 2011, 6:38 AM
AMEN brother. Awesome body.

Alf
October 31st, 2011, 6:21 AM
3rd series started last night. Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

Mik
October 31st, 2011, 6:38 AM
How many of them is there? I might get caught up.

MACE
October 31st, 2011, 7:06 AM
Third series started last night. 6 eps in series 1, 6 in series 2 + Christmas special.

It's awesome.

Glad it's back.

Alf
October 31st, 2011, 7:07 AM
I think only me and Mace watch it.

No one I know is watching it and that is criminal, it is brilliant.

Tempest
October 31st, 2011, 7:09 AM
I couldn't get into it last night. Maybe i'm still in the missing Nathan head space, as i'm sure I will be when Being Human returns. I wasn't too keen on the new powers either, but I suppose they always have that outlet to chop and change them whenever they want to now.

I think Rudy will grow on me, but i'm still not too clear on Simon's new power. He could time travel previously but it appeared to be the power of foresight or something last night.

The Rogerer
October 31st, 2011, 7:38 AM
I think only me and Mace watch it.

No one I know is watching it and that is criminal, it is brilliant....and he thinks it's a documentary.

MACE
October 31st, 2011, 11:30 AM
I think Rudy will grow on me, but i'm still not too clear on Simon's new power. He could time travel previously but it appeared to be the power of foresight or something last night.

Yeah I think he can see the future (somewhat). This must explain why he has to go back at some point to change things, as he can see what's going to happen?

Wibbley-wobbley-timey-wimey. :dunno:

Gutted that Nathan isn't in it, but I think I warmed to the new guy a little. I'm glad they've not gone for a direct replacement as I don't think anyone could pull of that 'Nathan humour' as well as Sheenan did - although there are some similarities in crudeness between the new guy and Nathan.

But yeah, it's a top show. I've tried to get so many people to watch it. The people I've managed to convince to watch the first series have loved it and followed it - but because it was never 'mainstream' a lot of people didn't watch it/have no interest in it.

I think it's class. Definitely one the best things on TV for ages.

...and he thinks it's a documentary.

Is it not...? :confused:

MACE
November 29th, 2011, 8:11 AM
Been a bit hit and miss this season for me.

Hero!
May 29th, 2013, 8:20 AM
Series 1-4 are up on Hulu, so i gave this a watch last week and I really did enjoy it.

The big cast changes before and during series 4 broke my heart, but some of the newer characters aren't half bad. Finn cracks me the hell up and he has chemistry with everyone in the group, so pretty much any scene he's in gives me a good laugh.

I wonder what they'll do for the last series. I imagine they'd want to do a reunion somewhere in there, but that would take some kind of weird time & space warping power. Still, could happen.

So, yeah, anyone else watch this? My fellow Americans should give it a watch too. I promise it's not all tea and crumpet jokes.

Seanny One Ball
October 24th, 2013, 8:16 AM
Stumbled onto this atrocity last night when I was channel surfing.

Saw a man getting bummed by a bigger man whilst he slept, turned it off in disgust.

VHS
October 24th, 2013, 1:19 PM
I remember watching the first season out of pure boredom and couldn't stand how annoying the main character was. This is a bad show that should feel bad.