PDA

View Full Version : Official WWE Tag Team Thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

TimeSplitter
August 9th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Now that it has been over a year since the Tag Titles were unified, we still have little to no direction for the belts. There are very few tag teams to fight over the belts.

What would you guys do to rejuvenate the title scene?

Who would you team up to help the division? Cryme Time reunion? Nexus guys going for the belts (when their 'ban' is done)

Let the champs defend on both Raw and Smackdown?

Discuss....

Nemephosis
August 9th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Make more teams.

MMH
August 9th, 2010, 1:29 PM
Matching attire and real team names. None of this Wrestler A and Wrestler B crap.

Badger
August 9th, 2010, 1:40 PM
Gatecrashers for Hawkins and Archer should be made their official name.

JRSlim21
August 9th, 2010, 1:43 PM
It isn't?

Tag tournament to determine new contenders. Even if they lose in the 1st round, it's established that they are a team in the E.

UncannyIowan
August 9th, 2010, 1:47 PM
I thought the WWE was on the right path in 2009, but after JeriShow it kind of went back to being this crazy division no one really understands. They had ShowMiz, which I thought could've been better had it been a little while after JeriShow, to me they (Miz/Show) were a B-Movie sequel to the mega blockbuster.

Hart Dynasty has the skills to be the dominant team, the problem is they have really no solid contenders. The Usos? Fuck outta here. Ya know, if building a strong division meant pairing up more singles guys like ECW used to do with the likes of the Impact Players or RVD/Sabu, I'm all for it. Like how they were doing with Truth/Morrison. They have the roster, they have guys who don't do shit but job at house shows, Nexus has guys who could probably stick around and be a team.

Badger
August 9th, 2010, 1:47 PM
Nah they're still Hawkins and Archer officially, but they're referred to as the Gatecrashers by Striker.

MMH
August 9th, 2010, 1:57 PM
I thought the WWE was on the right path in 2009, but after JeriShow it kind of went back to being this crazy division no one really understands. They had ShowMiz, which I thought could've been better had it been a little while after JeriShow, to me they (Miz/Show) were a B-Movie sequel to the mega blockbuster.

Hart Dynasty has the skills to be the dominant team, the problem is they have really no solid contenders. The Usos? Fuck outta here. Ya know, if building a strong division meant pairing up more singles guys like ECW used to do with the likes of the Impact Players or RVD/Sabu, I'm all for it. Like how they were doing with Truth/Morrison. They have the roster, they have guys who don't do shit but job at house shows, Nexus has guys who could probably stick around and be a team.

The Usos are quality. But yeah they aint done much with them so far really. Teaming 2 from Nexus would be a fine idea as they can cover each others limitations.

TheSupremeForce
August 9th, 2010, 1:57 PM
The first thing I'd do is get the Titles away from the Hart Dynasty. They had their opportunity and they SUCK. The Uso's aren't the answer either. Giving the titles to Jericho and Edge doesn't really address the problem.

They need to establish "real" teams as being credible. Go back to having the Champs appear on both shows. The Gatecrashers and Dudebusters needs to be legit threats to become tag champs, which they can't do because the HD is never even on Smackdown.

They should probably give the titles to Morrison and Truth for a brief run, since most of the teams are heels (and, I repeat, the Hart Dynasty sucks). Have Morrison/Truth feud with ALL of the other teams. Give them at least one title defense per week (and two some weeks). Eventually have the Gatecrashers win the titles and then do the same thing with them.

dunno
August 9th, 2010, 2:07 PM
It might be best if the tag team division is just on one show (Smackdown). Having the teams spread out on two shows just means the same matches over and over. I do think Carlito's firing really hurt the division. It looked like they were going to build it back up again.

Hero!
August 9th, 2010, 2:22 PM
I read the thread title as "Tag team title robot" and got excited at the thought of a wrestling pair of robots dominating the WWE tag team wrestling scene.

:\

Badger
August 9th, 2010, 2:25 PM
I have a solution that's SIMPLY FLAWLESS!

TimeSplitter
August 9th, 2010, 2:37 PM
Here is a list of the current tag teams in WWE:

The Hart Dynasty (c)
Dudebusters (Croft and Barreta)
Gatecrashers (Archer and Hawkins)
The Uso's (Jimmy and Jey)

Possible Tag Teams (based on few appearances):
Santino and Kozlov (if even for comedic purposes)
Straight Edge Society (Combo of Punk/Gallows/Mercury)
Yoshi Tatsu and Goldust
JTG and MVP (haven't teamed in some time)
Nexus (Any combination of them sans Barrett)

I agree that Carlito's firing hurt the division. Primo is just sitting around not being used on television without him.

Possible solutions to making the division relevant again.

1. Re-unite Cryme Time. It was a terrible mistake to break these guys up. Their feud afterwards left a lot to be desired, and neither guy is doing anything right now. Bringing them together will get another team on Smackdown.

2. Get THD on Smackdown every once in a while to fight teams. They are always seen on Raw, and they do nothing but beat up on the Uso's, who are the only real tag team on Raw at the moment.

3.Try putting guys like Chris Masters, Tyler Reks, MVP, Primo and Zach Ryder together. But for the love of god...stop putting Mark Henry and MVP together. In fact, just leave Mark Henry out of the discussion all together.

Hero!
August 9th, 2010, 2:41 PM
I hope after NXT season 2 is over we see this tag team come together again:

YouTube- ‪The South Beach Boyz (Darren Young and Percy Watson) FCW titantron (2nd theme)‬‎

Such a fun and energetic tag team, they'd make a great face team on RAW.

Greed
August 9th, 2010, 2:51 PM
I'm all for it fagballs, never seen Darren Young that entertaining. Percy's charisma rubs off on him.

WWE needs tag team wrestling. Solid tag teams draw.

Hero!
August 9th, 2010, 2:52 PM
Percy and Darren really bring the best out of each other. Darren doesn't live up to the party boy name on his own and Percy seems to just not be too into it anymore and is coming across as forced. They need each other.

mth
August 9th, 2010, 2:55 PM
JTG and MVP (haven't teamed in some time)

But for the love of god...stop putting Mark Henry and MVP together. In fact, just leave Mark Henry out of the discussion all together.

JTG and MVP just teamed this past SmackDown against SES. They've teamed a few times now, it wouldn't be a terrible idea to make them a real team at this point, they fit together fairly well.

Also, MVP and Henry haven't teamed in months, not since MVP got drafted to SmackDown, so I'm not sure what you're complaining about there.

I really think they dropped the ball with Usos losing to the HD so many times. That feud had some legs and they just chopped them off by having Usos lose clean three or four times, and now it seems to be over and done. Usos should have come up short the first time, then won the second attempt, and the teams could have traded the belts back and forth a few times to give the division a bit of life. HD could get them in the end at a PPV, happily celebrate in the ring, only to get jumped by Hawkins/Archer, then start a feud with them over on SD.
And Santino/Kozlov should definitely get a shot soon while their act is hot. I'm also all for a Yoshi/Goldust reunion, absolutely.

Anaconda Sniper
August 9th, 2010, 3:22 PM
Yes. Yoshi and Goldust need to make a comeback as a team. They were fun as hell and made a really great team.

Ochoa
August 9th, 2010, 3:24 PM
Dudebusters should get a shot first over Hawkcher.

Matty C
August 9th, 2010, 3:42 PM
The first thing I'd do is get the Titles away from the Hart Dynasty. They had their opportunity and they SUCK. The Uso's aren't the answer either. Giving the titles to Jericho and Edge doesn't really address the problem.

They need to establish "real" teams as being credible. Go back to having the Champs appear on both shows. The Gatecrashers and Dudebusters needs to be legit threats to become tag champs, which they can't do because the HD is never even on Smackdown.

They should probably give the titles to Morrison and Truth for a brief run, since most of the teams are heels (and, I repeat, the Hart Dynasty sucks). Have Morrison/Truth feud with ALL of the other teams. Give them at least one title defense per week (and two some weeks). Eventually have the Gatecrashers win the titles and then do the same thing with them.

The HD don’t suck, they just suffer from exactly what you go on to describe in the next paragraphs. They don’t do anything of importance with them.

They seemed to be going toward Bret giving them a rub when ShowMiz were together but then they broke up, Bret left and the HD were barely featured. They needed a big name team to work off of and they were all broken up by then. Sure, they’ve been on TV here and there but there is no momentum behind their storyline with the Uso’s, no sense of importance. It started out okay and then they just kind of dropped the ball.

They need to treat the HD like they were treating the other unified champs that seemed to matter. Have them go back and forth between shows. Have singles competitors fear them instead of laugh at them. Give them some credibility and edge.

I read the thread title as "Tag team title robot" and got excited at the thought of a wrestling pair of robots dominating the WWE tag team wrestling scene.

Isn’t this essentially what the Brothers of Destruction were?

Jimini
August 9th, 2010, 3:43 PM
Tag title scene has never been the same since... 2002?

Angle/Benoit Vs Los Guerreros Vs WGTT etc etc. Or like Edge/Rey teaming and a few other different variations etc. Think Benoit and Rhyno or something even teamed for a bit. Total golden age of tag wrestling.

More four corner tag matces. :yes:
No more of the tag turmoil matches tho :no:

I'd say you could easily make a very credible division.

I had high hopes with EdgeIcho then Jerishow then ShowMiz then MizIcho and now again, I suppose, with EdgeIcho again.

Edge/Jericho works.
If it weren't for his briefcase I'd have said Ryder and Miz. Thought they'd have done a solid job together :\
THD
Uso's
Morrison/Truth
Dudebusters
Yoshi/Goldust
Mercury/Gallows
Marella/Kozlov
Nexus 2 (Or two lots of two)

There's plenty scope for a massively credible division there... If those not involved in proper feuds got properly utilised...

I'm still sick Jimmy Wang Yang never got a title run with one of his many partners.
Who did he team with first again?
Before Moore.

TheSupremeForce
August 9th, 2010, 4:50 PM
The HD don’t suck, they just suffer from exactly what you go on to describe in the next paragraphs. They don’t do anything of importance with them.

I disagree. None of them can talk (Natalyia is closest in that department).
They don't wrestle very well together.
David Hart Smith can't do ANYTHING well. He also looks ridiculous.
I like Tyson Kidd as a singles competitor. He's a solid wrestler, but I don't recall ever seeing a "good" Hart Dynasty match.

Doing something with them wouldn't matter. They're easily the worst tag team in the WWE right now. If Bret wasn't around, they'd still be jobbing in two minutes once every other week.

UncannyIowan
August 9th, 2010, 5:28 PM
I have to admit, for as much hype David Hart Smith carried for many many years he sure as fuck hasn't lived up to it at all. I don't know if it's his lanky look or 10 year old child-like face that make his "power moves" look stale and it really hurts his position as basically being the "muscle" of the group. He's definitely NOT the British Bulldog.

Like I said, the hype he's had for years just hasn't come to fruition.

mth
August 9th, 2010, 5:34 PM
I disagree. None of them can talk (Natalyia is closest in that department).
They don't wrestle very well together.
David Hart Smith can't do ANYTHING well. He also looks ridiculous.
I like Tyson Kidd as a singles competitor. He's a solid wrestler, but I don't recall ever seeing a "good" Hart Dynasty match.

Doing something with them wouldn't matter. They're easily the worst tag team in the WWE right now. If Bret wasn't around, they'd still be jobbing in two minutes once every other week.
HD vs. ShowMiz at whatever PPV was good. They had an awesome tag match on Superstars against the Dudebusters. Their PPV match with the Usos was solid. They have decent matches pretty regularly, I think, it's just there's no reason to care about them since Bret stopped managing them and they've lost some direction. The Uso feud would have helped, but they just steamrolled them and now they're back to square one with no opposition and no reason for us to care.

TheSupremeForce
August 9th, 2010, 5:44 PM
I don't recall thinking the ShowMiz match was all that good.
The Dudebusters are probably the best tag team in the company right now, so they'd be an extreme example anyway.
I've never enjoyed anything the Dynasty has done with the Uso's.
DH Smith and Kidd don't wrestle like a "team." They just sort of do their own thing during matches and their "team finisher" has gotten progressively worse during their title reign.

I would totally fire Smith. He's useless in every way. Kidd's never really going to go anywhere, but he's an entertaining wrestler when given time.

mth
August 9th, 2010, 6:33 PM
I meant JeriMiz, not ShowMiz. Sorry, got all those teams with Show mixed up.

I think I enjoyed the matches with the Usos more for the Usos than anything.

Do agree, though, there's not a lot of tag team wrestling between Kiss and Smith, they just seem to take turns doing their own thing. Kidd is the superior of the two, so hopefully someday he gets a decent singles career after this team is through.

Atty
August 9th, 2010, 7:02 PM
I really don't think the tag division is really off. They just need to establish teams as being teams, not as wrestlers. The Harts, Usos, KozTino and so forth are a great base for the division. Randomly pairing wrestlers together and doing nothing to show them as a team is just a waste of time and talent.

I really hope they don't sell Santino and Kozlov short. Yes they are a comedy team, but they have a strong chemistry and comedy is almost always over.

JRSlim21
August 9th, 2010, 7:08 PM
Didn't the Gatecrashers recently on Superstars call out the Hart Dynasty?

TheSupremeForce
August 9th, 2010, 8:40 PM
Yes, I'm hopeful that the Hart Dynasty actually faces the Gatecrashers after Summerslam.
Gatecrashers vs Dudebusters was one of the better tag matches I've seen in months.

TapOut
August 9th, 2010, 11:13 PM
They need a good tag team who can fight with anyone and carry the division. They don't need lots of teams, just one or two really solid ones who can feud with the Wrestler A and Wrestler B teams.

TimeSplitter
August 13th, 2010, 10:18 AM
Posted by Marc Middleton on 08/13/2010

- The interaction between Tamina and Santino Marella on last Monday's RAW was done to set up a feud with The Usos vs. Santino and Vladimir Kozlov.

Looks like we'll be getting a tag team feud...but not for the titles.

It's a start?

Matty C
August 13th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Well I guess if this can get the Usos more over, then people might care more about an HD/Usos feud for the belt. :dunno:

nz19
August 13th, 2010, 11:39 AM
There are three important things Usos would need to get over

1. Some decent music, because their current music sucks

2. An actual storyline that fits with their character/background

3. More than one set of opponents to feud with and establish themselves, possibly putting in some comedy behind their personality

Cewsh
August 13th, 2010, 4:38 PM
I really think they'd be better off just quietly getting rid of the tag team championships in WWE.

Anaconda Sniper
August 13th, 2010, 5:08 PM
That is true Cewsh. They might as well..if those titles aren't on a team with someone that has held a world title they are useless.

Cewsh
August 13th, 2010, 5:21 PM
Tag team wrestling for WWE has just been a way to continue angles and feuds first and foremost throughout their history. The actual division, even when a big deal, was never truly THE big deal and never will be. It's a division, just like the women, the hardcore stuff and the crusierweights. And frankly, if they don't have the right roster for it, why not just can it and move on.

Revisit it later if the time comes.

TimeSplitter
August 23rd, 2010, 4:51 PM
So we got new tag belts, the start of an Uso's/Santino and Kozlov feud. Nexus will probably get a team to go for the belts.

I just read that the Dudley's contracts have expired with TNA. I remember a while back the WWE was interested in bringing them back. Would this be a good idea?

I know they are old and the work schedule may not work well with that, but it would be good to get them to give the rub to a new tag team.

OD50
August 23rd, 2010, 4:59 PM
Are the new tag titles property of both brands?

Deewun
August 23rd, 2010, 5:03 PM
They didn't say, but I think so.

I'm really pissed they didn't do a big tag team tourney for Night of Champions. That would have been perfect. *sigh*

Kure
August 23rd, 2010, 5:10 PM
The new belts look god awful though.

OD50
August 23rd, 2010, 5:16 PM
They did. They reminded me of some other belt(s), but I just can't remember which one(s) it was.

I think it might have been some old tag titles from the 80's, not sure. Meditate on this I must.

Cewsh
August 23rd, 2010, 6:58 PM
I love the new belts. Absolutely refreshing how simple they are.

Cewsh
August 23rd, 2010, 6:59 PM
They didn't say, but I think so.

I'm really pissed they didn't do a big tag team tourney for Night of Champions. That would have been perfect. *sigh*

Why would they ever do that? None of their teams is over at all.

Grayson Kills
August 23rd, 2010, 7:57 PM
The new belts do look very simple. But any belt that doesn't spins is ok with me

Kev
August 23rd, 2010, 8:01 PM
I'd probably hire a few Indy teams. They're the only ones that look like they're actually proper teams lately.

Shattered that a team like the Motor City Machine Guns are in TNA..

mth
August 23rd, 2010, 8:15 PM
I'm still miffed that the Hart Dynasty/Usos feud was so one-sided and ended already. HD beat Usos three or four times, every match they had together, and that was that. Would have much prefered a nice back and forth feud with them trading wins and the titles a bit, give the belts a bit more spotlight with a good family-feud story behind it and some solid matches. Don't know why it went the way it did...:\

Kure
August 23rd, 2010, 11:05 PM
I'd probably hire a few Indy teams. They're the only ones that look like they're actually proper teams lately.

I'm not. They would keep them together for like two more months then try to push one or the other as a singles star. WWE doesn't care about tag team wrestling. Never has. Never will. It's always going to be their lowest priority. Hell, the women's title gets more air time.

Deewun
August 24th, 2010, 12:41 AM

You do that to get said teams over. There are a good handful of teams in the WWE right now. And most of them are good workers. AND it can reboot the entire division, considering they just got new belts.

I'm still miffed that the Hart Dynasty/Usos feud was so one-sided and ended already. HD beat Usos three or four times, every match they had together, and that was that. Would have much prefered a nice back and forth feud with them trading wins and the titles a bit, give the belts a bit more spotlight with a good family-feud story behind it and some solid matches. Don't know why it went the way it did...:\

No kidding. I'm right there with you.

V-Line
August 24th, 2010, 2:36 AM
The division at the moment is loaded with teams and potetial units, but like every other belt thats not the world title, It gets lost in the shuffle. Look at the US Title for instance, which is just a prop the Miz carries around.

Instead of throwing random singles matches on Raw, SD and Superstars, use that time to let people stake their claim to challenge for belts.

Also get some teams some matching attire and go from there, there are plenty of people on the roster doing nothing of note, so why not try to rebuild the minor-championship divisions.

Also, no more superteams, as they just take the place of any established sides and take thier spots. Build these guys as teams, not as two individuals teaming together.

Not much is happening in regards to the Dynasty at NOC, as no other teams are really getting much focus. The way things look now, Cody Rhodes and Drew McIntyre seem to be getting a push over on SD! and since they have not much else to do, they may get the PPV slot.

Deewun
August 24th, 2010, 2:50 AM
I think NoC is gonna end up with Hart Dynasty v. SES, but that's just me.

Kev
August 24th, 2010, 2:53 AM
I'm not. They would keep them together for like two more months then try to push one or the other as a singles star. WWE doesn't care about tag team wrestling. Never has. Never will. It's always going to be their lowest priority. Hell, the women's title gets more air time.

Aye, but this thread is aimed at hope for a Tag Team Division in the future where this wouldn't happen Frosty.

takerson
August 24th, 2010, 7:46 AM

Dude, seriously?

WWE would probably call them "Abercrombie & Fitch" and have them come out dressed accordingly. They'll be the "hip" guys.

WWE would use them as jobbers, then, IF they get over, they'll split them up... Shelley will become the worlds greatest SuperStars jobber, and Sabin will get fired. All within 6 months.

:yes:

I'm so GLAD that a team like Motorcity Machineguns ARE in TNA.

TimeSplitter
August 24th, 2010, 11:32 AM

The tourney could be a good way to get teams over. The Dudebusters and Gatecrashers have been relegated to Superstars from day one. Goldust and Tatsu are sparingly used as well. Koztino and the Uso's could have progressed their feud within the tournament (costing each other matches, other shenanigans). The Nexus could win the tournament, giving that storyline something fresh, while putting over tag teams at the same time. You could even do a South Beach Party Boys (Darren Young and Percy Watson) Reunion. Have them be the opponents for the Nexus in the opening round. Young comes out, talks about being kicked out, then reveals Watson as his partner, and proceed to get squashed. They can be the new Kai En Tai.

But of course, when one tries to put logic and WWE in the same sentence, it usually comes out poorly.

vannila-guerilla
August 24th, 2010, 9:06 PM
There are no official teams anymore really. That's a start for change.

Cewsh
August 24th, 2010, 9:37 PM
There are 5 official teams.

TimeSplitter
August 25th, 2010, 3:59 PM
There are no official teams anymore really. That's a start for change.

The Hart Dynasty
The Dudebusters
The Gatecrashers
The Uso's
Goldust/Yoshi Tatsu
Santino/Vladimir Kozlov
The Straight Edge Society

There are plenty of tag teams. When I fell in love with tag team wrestling, it was around the birth of the TLC match. The division then was basically The Hardyz/Dudleyz/E&C, there are more teams now.

OD50
August 25th, 2010, 4:12 PM
X-Pac/Road Dogg, Bull Buchanan/Big Boss Man, Too Cool, T&A, Head Cheese and APA was also around at that time.

When I fell in love with tag-team wrestling the Hart Foundation was WWF tag champs, Rick Rude and Manny Fernandez NWA tag champs, Bad Company (Bruce Hart/Brian Pillman) Stampede tag champs and, uh Boris Zhukov and Soldad Ustinov AWA tag champs. The list of tag-teams that competed at that time is just tremendous.

Kure
August 25th, 2010, 4:33 PM
When I feel in love with tag team wrestling, it was because of the feud between the Rock and Roll Express and the Midnight Express. Toss in the Road Warriors and the Freebirds, the Horsemen, later the Steiner Brothers. Some of those guys spent their entire careers in tag teams. You don't see that anymore.

TimeSplitter
August 25th, 2010, 4:40 PM
The Dudley Boyz have been primarily in a tag team their entire careers...unless you count the few months of the 'Reverend'

OD50
August 25th, 2010, 4:46 PM
Hart Foundation
Can-Am Connection
British Bulldogs
Demolition
Road Warriors
Rock n' Roll Express
Midnight Express
Sheepherders
Fantastics
Warlord & Barbarian
Midnight Rockers
The Islanders
Killer Bees
Rougeau Brothers
Badd Company (AWA)
Bad Company (Stampede)
Nasty Boys
Bolsheviks
The Young Stallions
Dream Team/New Dream Team

Just to name a few of the teams that competed at that time. :eek:

Oh, and the Mulkey Brothers. :blah:

Wolverine04Grad
August 26th, 2010, 5:52 PM
Count me in as a fan of the Tag Title Tournament idea. The biggest reason most of the current tag teams aren't over is because they are stuck mostly on Superstars. Even the Hart Dynasty hasn't had much action over the last two months, since their very brief feud with the Usos.

I have really liked the work that the Gatecrashers have been doing over the past couple of months, plus the Usos are solid, the Dudebusters play their role well, and Santino/Kozlov is entertaining enough.

But a Tag Tournament over the next couple of weeks, culminating with the Tournament winners facing the Hart Dynasty at NOC. An eight-team event wouldn't be hard to stage at all.

OD50
August 26th, 2010, 6:04 PM
I find it interesting that WWE is terrified of regular tag-teams having the same attire these days. Hart Dynasty have similar but not identical trunks, one of the USO's have long tights the other short trunks, The Dudebusters have the same designs but different colors on their attire, Hawkins/Hoyt have totally different attires.

LOD, Demolition, Hart Foundation, Bulldogs, Rockers, Nasty Boys, Quebecers etc. all had identical attire. The Midnight Express (Eaton & Lane version) had the same long tights/short trunks style as the Uso's and The Steiner's almost always had different colored singlets though.

I really like tag-teams to have matching attires, signature double team moves and team names.

Jimini
August 27th, 2010, 9:54 AM
I think for The Uso's it's just so you can tell them apart.
But yeah, I get your point. I'd prefer it if they matched attires too. :yes:

mth
August 27th, 2010, 1:43 PM
Honestly, other than the cut of their tights, I think Usos and HD have similar enough attires. The patterns/colors are almost identical and actually give them a uniform/team look. Same with the Dudebusters, their tights are pretty similar and they look like a team. Those three teams are not ones I'd be complaining about when it comes to matching attire.

Archer/Hawkins I'll give you, especially now that Archer switched to trunks.

Hero!
August 27th, 2010, 1:46 PM
I want a tag team that wears matching ponchos out to the ring and then pulls them off to reveal matching rock hard pecs, abs, and groins.

If only.

mth
August 27th, 2010, 1:50 PM
We could be that tag team.

Hero!
August 27th, 2010, 1:51 PM
We could call ourselves m(o)thballs.

TimeSplitter
August 31st, 2010, 2:32 PM
Morrison/Truth vs. McIntyre/Rhodes ended in a double dq to determine NOC #1 contenders.

Looks like they are just trying to get the stars on the PPV.

Kure
August 31st, 2010, 2:55 PM
I thought they were just trying to set a record for the least number of matches wrestled in a single Raw without being interrupted.

Deewun
August 31st, 2010, 4:36 PM
I am hoping it was just to get the names on that Raw. With so many tag teams, if that is the way they ACTUALLY go, I'll be so completely pissed I won't know what to do with myself.

JRSlim21
August 31st, 2010, 5:29 PM
I'm not surprised 1 bit. The real tag teams are fillers for stars to go over. I'm only praying we see more Dudebusters or Gatecrashers in an effort for Smackdown to show some balls.

Jimini
September 1st, 2010, 2:22 AM
There is definitely scope for Teddy saying that those two teams blew their chance - and another two teams vying for it. Then their match ends in a double count-out or something.

Then all four teams are anounced as being on the PPV as part of a 5-team tag turmoil deal.

JRSlim21
September 1st, 2010, 10:46 AM
When the Hart Dynasty lose the belts, it'd be nice to see them lose to an established team as opposed to just 2 established stars

If I went by the Smackdown spoilers, it looks like they may have just said forget it regarding McIntyre & Cody going for the belts.

TimeSplitter
September 2nd, 2010, 10:02 AM
New question: If the Nexus were to get the title shot at NOC, which members would you want it to be? I would have picked Otunga and Sheffield, since they were the two who have teamed together on Raw's past. Now I'd like to see Tarver and Gabriel. But it would be slightly odd if other members of the Nexus got title shots before Barrett.

Kev
September 2nd, 2010, 10:06 AM
Dude, seriously?

WWE would probably call them "Abercrombie & Fitch" and have them come out dressed accordingly. They'll be the "hip" guys.

WWE would use them as jobbers, then, IF they get over, they'll split them up... Shelley will become the worlds greatest SuperStars jobber, and Sabin will get fired. All within 6 months.

:yes:

I'm so GLAD that a team like Motorcity Machineguns ARE in TNA.

I realise that the history of WWE booking indy guys has been mainly terrible, however due to the fact that Low Ki and Bryan Danielson (two immensely talented people who have frequented the independent scene for many a year) have been given a legitimate shot to make something of themselves, I'm hopeful.

Now more than ever, I'm extremely hopeful. :)

wwegm
September 7th, 2010, 1:14 PM
How about taking all these underused wrestlers and making real tag teams?

Kofi & Kaval
Ziggler & Rhodes
Bourne & Gabriel

Hero!
September 7th, 2010, 1:20 PM
What in the name of Waltman are you talking about? How are any of those men underused? Kaval JUST won NXT. Gabriel is a member of the most powerful faction in the WWE and has been knocking people off left and right with his 450. Ziggler is IC champ. Cody just got a new gimmick and has been running with it excellently.

TheSupremeForce
September 7th, 2010, 1:32 PM
The only "underused" guy on that list is Bourne.
None of those suggestions really make sense anyway.

TimeSplitter
September 7th, 2010, 1:38 PM
The guys I would classify as 'unused' who could be put into teams are:

Raw
Evan Bourne
Goldust
Mark Henry
Primo
R-Truth (he and Morrison seem to floating around Raw)
Zack Ryder

Smackdown
Chavo
Chris Masters
Finlay (if he is still active)
JTG
Tyler Reks

I wil not give up on my Cryme Time reunion hopes. They have done nothing.

wwegm
September 7th, 2010, 1:46 PM
What in the name of Waltman are you talking about? How are any of those men underused? Kaval JUST won NXT. Gabriel is a member of the most powerful faction in the WWE and has been knocking people off left and right with his 450. Ziggler is IC champ. Cody just got a new gimmick and has been running with it excellently.
Underused as in terms of potential. The ceiling for each of those guys is maybe the IC Title. Rather than sit around and wait for their time to carry a secondary title, they could each work towards matching ring entrance, ring attire, ring music, and try to carve out successful tag team careers like other career midcard talent has before them (New Age Outlaws, Demolition, etc etc etc)

TheSupremeForce
September 7th, 2010, 1:59 PM
Ziggler's a future World Champion.
Cody might get to that point someday. He will if his current arc continues.

wwegm
September 7th, 2010, 2:00 PM
Ziggler's a future World Champion.
Cody might get to that point someday. He will if his current arc continues.
I will take both of those bets. They have little chance in the current WWE, and ZERO chance if they Unify the two World Titles into one.

TheSupremeForce
September 7th, 2010, 2:19 PM
This is the WWE. Even IF they unify the titles (again), they'll change their mind within five years and split them again. Ziggler should already be at that point. That's just another thing I'll blame Mysterio for.

Jimini
September 7th, 2010, 2:33 PM
Cody is very young.
When he reaches a wrestlers peak - say 35-40, many of the top guys of today will be gone.

Cody defintely has a chance.

OD50
September 7th, 2010, 4:08 PM
Cody is the future. :yes:

Face tag-teams:
Goldust & Yoshi Tatsu (give them a funky name)
The Hart Dynasty
Los Aviadores (Hunico & Epico w/ Rosa Mendez)
Xavier Woods & Wes Brisco
South-Beach Party Boys (Percy Watson & Darren Young)

Heel tag-teams
Gate Crashers (please somewhat matching attire)
The Uso's w/ Tamina
The Colon Connection (?) (Primo/Tito)
Husky Harris/Bo Routundo/Harris
The Dudebusters

I would like to switch the Uso's to faces and the Harts back to heels, but that may not happen as long as Bret's around. DB may work better as faces, somehing similar to MCMG's may work. Young cocky guys that likes video games..

Five proper face teams and five proper heel teams, that would do it for me. It would be good for guys like Bo and Husky (who are getting there) to get more experience on the big stage while working as part of a team. I would love to see Mason Ryan brought up in a year or even two, as William Regal's tag-partner/bodyguard or something.

TimeSplitter
September 10th, 2010, 9:29 AM
New question: Who will be facing The Hart Dynasty for the titles at Night of Champions?

StoneColdChris
September 10th, 2010, 3:23 PM
At this point, I'm assuming a tag team gauntlet match.

Anaconda Sniper
September 10th, 2010, 4:10 PM
So are the Dudebusters faces now? I watched Superstars last night..and didn't realize they turned?

Cewsh
September 10th, 2010, 4:14 PM
Yep.

Anaconda Sniper
September 10th, 2010, 4:16 PM
Well thats cool..because Trent seemed to get the crowd behind him pretty strongly. I was just so confused watching that match.

Deewun
September 10th, 2010, 4:35 PM
I'm a big fan of face Dudebusters ... except it keeps them from fighting the Dynasty and getting the belts in a straight match.

JRSlim21
September 10th, 2010, 5:50 PM
So what's most likely to happen? Hart Dynasty loses the belts to:

a) Established team (Gatecrashers, Usos, etc.)

or

b) A "thrown together" team: MorriTruth, McIntyre/Rhodes, etc.

Sadly, I'd go with option B but I'd prefer a Gatecrashers title reign

Kure
September 10th, 2010, 5:56 PM
B is more likely by far since actual tag teams rarely make it off Superstars.

TimeSplitter
September 10th, 2010, 6:14 PM
It is more likely that they will throw a team together to beat the Hart Dynasty.

The perfect time for the Gatecrashers to get a title shot was after their '30 day contract storyline' was over. There was no point to it really.

mth
September 10th, 2010, 8:57 PM
Seeing as the Gatecrashers lost to the Dudebusters twice on Superstars now, I'd say the Dudebusters should get a shot first. But I figure both teams will probably get a chance at NoC in some kind of gautlet or multi-team match thing.

Wolverine04Grad
September 11th, 2010, 2:23 AM
The Gatecrashers story arc has been a little odd. With the whole "30 day contract" storyline plus a string of victories (albeit mostly on Superstars) it looked like they were in line for a push to the title scene. Plus Striker mentioned how they were coming after the Hart Dynasty every week for about a month.

Then, before they even interact on screen with HD, they job twice to the 0-for-2010 Dudebusters. Plus the No. 1 Contenders Match on RAW a couple of weeks back between MorriTruth and Mac/Cody... Seems like Archer and Hawkins lost their push before it every really got serious.

Not that I'm shocked - this sort of stop-and-start push is happening a lot lately - but I'm a bit disappointed because they got dropped right when they were starting to get interesting

BTW, I agree with the prediction of a Tag Team Scramble style match at NoC. It baffles my mind that WWE considers these thrown-together 6-8 man cluster matches more of a draw than a well-built feuds between two teams with actual storylines, but, again, no surprise at this point...

JRSlim21
September 11th, 2010, 8:56 AM
Now I doubt they get a tag title match at NOC with the "special attraction" of Punk/Show.

EDIT: Considering the random pairings... ShowMiz... JeriShow... PunkShow would've been a great pairing if just for the names.

StoneColdChris
September 11th, 2010, 11:25 AM
Now I doubt they get a tag title match at NOC with the "special attraction" of Punk/Show.

Why? Without the ECW title and one divas match, clearly the show was going to have a lot of time left over.

JRSlim21
September 11th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Six Pack Challenge...

Kane/Taker...

Divas/Women's...

IC...

US....

Special Attraction...

I guess the real issue is if they try to add another special attraction match. I just hope they address it on this week's shows.

TimeSplitter
September 11th, 2010, 11:40 AM
I just watched the Gatecrashers/Dudebusters match from Superstars. They should get time on Smackdown. Make a number one contender's match for the shot at NoC. It would be fresh, since not too many people watch Superstars.

IB
September 11th, 2010, 6:34 PM
the tag team division in WWE fucking sucks. TNA is the place to watch good tag teams.

WWE could really use some REAL teams not just people thrown together for the hell of putting the belts on people.

Push Archer/Hawkins for a start. They have actual good tag team manuevers and are doing NOTHING.

TimeSplitter
September 14th, 2010, 8:56 AM
If you didn't already believe that WWE doesn't care about the tag title scene, Raw made it very clear. Jericho could have faced any two guys in that handicapped match, but the Tag Champs? If one man can beat them, why can't two???

Vice
September 14th, 2010, 9:22 AM
Pssst.. RAW is a spoiler until Wednesday.

TimeSplitter
September 20th, 2010, 3:58 PM
So, "Dashing" Cody Rhodes and Drew McIntyre are the new Tag Champs.

The gauntlet was a very good match, I just wish that Dudebusters and Gatecrashers were involved, I was also waiting for Goldust and Tatsu.

Thoughts?

ANT
September 20th, 2010, 3:59 PM
I don't have much of a problem with it now. Maybe its because the crowd was hot for the final pairing.

G-Fresh
September 20th, 2010, 4:02 PM
Retiring the World Tag belts and keeping the WWE Tag lineage is fuckin stupid. Drew McIntyre is a fuckin douche too.

mth
September 20th, 2010, 4:41 PM
So, "Dashing" Cody Rhodes and Drew McIntyre are the new Tag Champs.

The gauntlet was a very good match, I just wish that Dudebusters and Gatecrashers were involved, I was also waiting for Goldust and Tatsu.

Thoughts?

They weren't in the graphic, so why did you expect them to be in the match? Especially when the announcers said Drew/Cody were the last team when they came out?

Anywho, I am alright with the new champs, because it gets gold on Cody and means I might get to see him twice a week, and it opens up some new feuds since HD weren't doing squat.

Chris Scott
September 23rd, 2010, 7:53 AM
I'm not Drew's biggest fan but yeah I'm happy for Cody to have tag gold once again. With Ziggler being IC champ for the time being, I don't think Cody was winning that title anytime soon. Hopefully when he's had a good tag run he'll be IC champ soon after.

As for HD, they did nothing with them really, I'd now like to see a feud with Cody/Drew over the titles with HD winning the back at Survivor Series maybe.

One Man Gang
September 23rd, 2010, 9:08 AM
Dumping the World Tag Team titles for the WWE tag titles is a shame and I am curious as to why they felt they needed to do it. Is it just for selling toys?

As for Cody and Drew I agree that with Ziggler holding the IC title, there just wasn't any room for them and thus in a way giving them the tag titles is a good thing. However its still quite a thrown together tag team and somewhat of a step backwards for Cody. But they're both young and there's plenty of time for other titles in the future.

Kure
September 23rd, 2010, 9:22 AM
I think we all get too hung up on titles anyway. You don't need a title to get over. You don't need a title if you are over. Lots of guys who rarely held titles at all were very over. Cody and Drew can all be pushed, even if it isn't to a championship.

TimeSplitter
October 8th, 2010, 6:41 PM
So the Gatecrashers have broken up. It looks like they are going to turn David Hart Smith heel as well. What happened to the "resurgence" of the tag division?

Cewsh
October 8th, 2010, 6:41 PM
There never was one.

One Man Gang
October 8th, 2010, 6:42 PM
It never happens.

Cewsh
October 8th, 2010, 6:48 PM
Thankfully.

One Man Gang
October 8th, 2010, 6:55 PM
Not thankfully.

Deewun
October 8th, 2010, 6:59 PM
It is truely sad that FCW is training incredibly fun tag teams and doing their best to have a STRONG tag division ... and then folks get called to the 'E where tag teams go to die. Makes me want to strangle someone backstage.

ANT
October 8th, 2010, 7:01 PM
If they are like the Hart Dynasty then nothanks. More Bourne and Henry please.

One Man Gang
October 8th, 2010, 8:59 PM
More tag teams with themes or something in common.

Deewun
October 8th, 2010, 9:03 PM
Man, if Los Aviadores and the Polynesian Power Pack (Donny Marlow and Brodus Clay) came up, started tangling with a revamped South Beach Boys, Dudebusters, Hart Dynasty, and Usos ... throw in Swagger and his Eagle as a team. Ha.

There is so much talent, and so much possibility for tags in the Big 'E. Too bad they obviously couldn't care less about the tag belts.

ANT
October 8th, 2010, 9:05 PM
The thing is that doesn't really sound appealing. I mean I try to like it, and good tag teams can be entertaining, but the fact that they have a name or whatever doesn't make it all cool.

One Man Gang
October 8th, 2010, 9:05 PM
Putting Jack Swagger in a tag team with the Eagle would be immense. He wouldn't have to tag with him all of the time, but once in a while as a special attraction it could be something entertaining.

G-Fresh
October 8th, 2010, 11:41 PM
I think Drew and Swagger would be a better team that Drew and Cody. I'd like to see Cody work a program with Goldust.

retro 2k10
October 10th, 2010, 9:04 PM
Tag team wrestling will never be hot in WWE as they continue to put together singles wrestlers who cannot break into the the limelight on their own.
They need to look at TNA who have some of the hottest tag teams around. BEER MONEY INC etc

Bill Casey
October 10th, 2010, 9:10 PM
singles wrestlers who cannot break into the the limelight on their own.

BEER MONEY INC

lol

Deewun
October 10th, 2010, 9:15 PM
That is very short sighted. I mean, yes, TNA has good tag teams. But that isn't because of the teams themselves. It's because they are booked like they are important. The tag teams at the beginning of the millennium were important, because the WWE knew they were drawing money, and they booked them as important. That's what they need, a shift in thinking. I stated it above, but FCW has great tag teams coming up and the tag teams are treated as if they are important. Hell, the tag teams around right now are good (minus Hart Dynasty, who are overrated and I never understood why people like Charlie Brown and Giant Linus).

retro 2k10
October 10th, 2010, 9:16 PM
not sure if you understand my point, (lol) does not really equal a reply in my book
if you go back to the horseman days (tully, arn) or the midnight express, you will see attributes of both these teams in the BEER MONEY INC team.
they have admitted these teams were their inspiration.
I will always try to form a opinion and not just the easy option.

Hero!
October 13th, 2010, 1:36 PM
So here's a disturbing factoid for you:

The last team to hold the WWE tag team championships more than once was MNM in 2005
The last team to hold the World tag titles more than once was Priceless in 2008, who won the belts for a second time after a week long reign by Batista&Cena. Before them were the Hardys who won the belts for the sixth time, after years of not teaming together, and before thaaaaat was Cade & Murdoch in 2007, with La resistance pulling off the feat back in 2005.

Seems like one of the big problems in the WWE tag scene is that teams break up almost immediately after losing the belts, killing any kind of competitiveness in the scene. I think we could do with a few teams trading the belts back and forth.

Kure
October 13th, 2010, 1:42 PM
Hardly any of the teams were actual teams. They were just random mash-ups of singles stars. WWE doesn't see tag team wrestling as anything but a way to get singles wrestlers over.

Vice
October 13th, 2010, 1:43 PM
Yeah, it's almost impossible to give a shit. They aren't together long enough to really care, and they always handle the breakups in such a horrible way. It's like the second the crowd starts giving even the slightest of fucks about a team, WWE guys "wow they're cheering them, who is the bigger star in this team? let's push him" and bam. The division is dreadful, even with both brands competing in it.

I want TEAMS. Matching ATTIRE. Double team MOVES. I want them to be together for a long, long time. I want the belts to feel at least slightly important.

Hero!
October 13th, 2010, 1:49 PM
Remember how MNM came out, matching attire, tag team moves, similar looks, and with a valet? Remember how they instantly gained recognition in the tag division?
Or when Londrick started dressing the same with their massive shorts/vests/and masks?
Or something as simple as La Resistance all being "french" in some way?

I wish WWE creative would understand that people can care about tag teams if they're actual, ya know, teams.

ANT
October 13th, 2010, 2:54 PM
Well they had the Harts and Usos but no one gave a shit about their matches.

Hero!
October 13th, 2010, 3:01 PM
Probably because they killed all the heat in that feud by never letting the Usos win. If the Usos had picked up a few wins, they could probably be tag champs right now and we might have a decent feud going on.

ANT
October 13th, 2010, 3:05 PM
I doubt it.

I don't see tag teams working much these days unless we get a really special group in. Its going to take alot more than team names and matching attires.

Tag matches nowadays are just so standard with the time that they're given that unless something really stands out they aren't going to get over.

The Hardys/EC/Dudley's got to do tons of gimmick matches that were unlike anything else WWE had going on at the time, so they largely got to have these grand matches without using the standard formula, and the Smackdown 6 benefited by just having awesome workers, some of which were borderline main event level talent on their own.

Its going to take something like that.

Anaconda Sniper
Cryme Tyme never getting the belts was a crime in itself. Probably the most over actual tag team of the last 4/5 years.

Kdestiny
Probably because they killed all the heat in that feud by never letting the Usos win. If the Usos had picked up a few wins, they could probably be tag champs right now and we might have a decent feud going on.

Didn't the Usos eliminate them in the tag turmoil match that Cody and Drew ended up winning too?

Letting the Usos win a little bit too late.

Hero!
October 13th, 2010, 3:10 PM
I doubt it.

Why? They got really good heat upon their initial attack and the promo the cut the following week. They lost all momentum when they couldn't back up a single thing they'd claimed, though.

Question: With Natalya doing her own thing, Tyson Kidd seemingly fending for himself, and DH Smith being dead, it seems like the Hart Dynasty is out of the tag division. That leaves us with The Dudebusters, The Gatecrashers, The Usos, Koztino, and Rhodes/Mcintyre as our tag division. Does anything come of this or do Cody and Drew simply use the belts as shoulderwarmers for the next 3 months?

ANT
October 13th, 2010, 3:15 PM
Why? They got really good heat upon their initial attack and the promo the cut the following week. They lost all momentum when they couldn't back up a single thing they'd claimed, though.

Because of what I was talking about in the rest of my post. Even if they did win, with the amount of teams around, and the way things are booked, they'd be wrestling the same 6-minute match everytime they wrestled.

The only times this decade the tag belts really mattered where when they were having ladder/TLC matches every big PPV, or when they had the bigger names team up against each other.

Which is why I think it'll have to be something like that to get the division going.

Deewun
October 13th, 2010, 3:22 PM
Gatecrashers are broken up, I'm pretty sure.

retro 2k10
October 13th, 2010, 3:33 PM
we have to face the fact, in WWE tag team wrestling is dead, Vince would rather push laycool than Hart dynasty.

ANT
October 13th, 2010, 3:36 PM
To be fair LayCool is probably far superior than the Hart Dynasty.

retro 2k10
October 13th, 2010, 3:43 PM
:)

Badger
October 13th, 2010, 3:45 PM
Tyson Kidd is fairly awesome though, just stuck with a dipshit partner.

retro 2k10
October 13th, 2010, 3:55 PM
Tyson Kidd is a good wrestler just at the wrong time in WWE.

ANT
October 13th, 2010, 3:58 PM
Tyson Kidd is fairly awesome though, just stuck with a dipshit partner.

Basically the poster child for "Why WWE breaks up teams."

nz19
October 13th, 2010, 7:37 PM
What exactly happened to David Hart Smith? What did he do/not do to get the team broken up?

Cewsh
October 13th, 2010, 7:58 PM
He sucked.

mth
October 13th, 2010, 8:22 PM
Storyline-wise, Hart Dynasty just failed to win back the titles after losing them to Drew/Cody, and there was a failed Hart Attack that led to them being beaten and DH got mad about it.

retro 2k10
October 13th, 2010, 10:43 PM
DH smith is in danger of going the route of Matt Morgan, he has decent ring skills, but I fear Tyson Kidd, will now leave him behind and get maybe a semi decent push.

Cewsh
October 13th, 2010, 11:20 PM
Matt Morgan was actually good.

retro 2k10
October 13th, 2010, 11:33 PM
Morgan has found his level now, I think he will go the way of Shawn Stasiak or Chuck Palumbo

Cewsh
October 13th, 2010, 11:37 PM
Chuck Palumbo was more talented than Harry Smith.

mth
October 13th, 2010, 11:42 PM
I miss Chuck Palumbo.

One Man Gang
October 13th, 2010, 11:46 PM
Well that was the point of his last theme song, wasn't it? YOU WILL REMEMBER ME!!!!!!!"

but I don't miss him.:shifty:

retro 2k10
October 13th, 2010, 11:50 PM
Tag team wrestling in short ( like I said before) in WWE is dead

One Man Gang
October 13th, 2010, 11:58 PM
They need more tag teams like this.

http://ecwfrenchtribute.free.fr/HTLM/Photos/K/Kevin_Sullivan/Kevin_Sullivan_Et_One_Man_Gang_02.jpg

Cewsh
October 13th, 2010, 11:58 PM
Welcome to the party, pal.

retro 2k10
October 14th, 2010, 12:03 AM
OMG, as always your back with a bang
right now I would even settle for Power and Glory

diesel_
October 14th, 2010, 1:22 PM
apart from their finishing move they were as lame as your avatar :-)

retro 2k10
October 14th, 2010, 1:25 PM
ah issac yakem is here :)

krisnorthampton
October 19th, 2010, 6:50 AM
Put JTG and Shad back together!

Chris Scott
November 19th, 2010, 5:16 PM
I mentioned this in the Old School Raw thread, what's people thoughts of having a 1 hour tag team wrestling show replacing NXT possibly?

Chris Scott
November 19th, 2010, 5:17 PM
Gatecrashers are broken up, I'm pretty sure.

They are now as are the Dudebusters.

Cewsh
November 19th, 2010, 5:28 PM
I mentioned this in the Old School Raw thread, what's people thoughts of having a 1 hour tag team wrestling show replacing NXT possibly?

Sounds great.

Where do you propose they get that many tag teams?

Chris Scott
November 19th, 2010, 5:31 PM
TNA.

Bennedy
November 19th, 2010, 5:36 PM
They could bring up some guys from FCW and see if they gel together. Would be good for experimental purposes.

Chris Scott
November 19th, 2010, 5:37 PM
There was/is enough teams to start with.

HD
Dudebusters
Archer/Hawkins
Get Cryme Tyme back together
Nexus
Uso's
Santino/Kosolov
Goldust/Yoshi

Obviously Shad is gone, I'd get Regal in a team to teach some good wrestling.

Deewun
November 19th, 2010, 5:38 PM
They have a few teams down in FCW. I'd love to see Los Aviadores just run in and fuck the Usos up or something. Or fuck up Del Rio. Or even worse, be Del Rio's personal bodyguards. That'd be Epic(o).

Chris Scott
November 19th, 2010, 5:39 PM
Wow looking at that list though, it's pains me to see how really bad it is.

Bennedy
November 19th, 2010, 5:40 PM
Whatever happened to Finlay? Him and Regal would have made a great tag team.

Vice
November 19th, 2010, 5:41 PM
Get ZEKE another black guy and they can be the Nation of a Combination of Skill and Concentration.

Chris Scott
November 19th, 2010, 5:41 PM
Whatever happened to Finlay? Him and Regal would have made a great tag team.

Yes they could be the mentors of the tag teams, helping them out etc..

mth
November 19th, 2010, 5:42 PM
Finlay works off-screen as an agent or trainer or something, I believe, and wrestles house shows here and there.

mth
November 19th, 2010, 5:43 PM
Get ZEKE another black guy and they can be the Nation of a Combination of Skill and Concentration.

Put him with Big Mark Henry. Henry was even talking to Pee Wee about being a tag wrestler without a partner since Evan's out, so why not put the two massive powerhouses together and have them run rampant?

Bennedy
November 19th, 2010, 5:45 PM
Henry and Jackson as a tag team sounds great. Maybe give them Abraham Washington or somebody as a manager.

Chris Scott
November 19th, 2010, 5:47 PM
Oh how'd I forget silly me, first thing they should do would to be straight on the phone to get back The Worlds Greatest Tag Team.

mth
November 19th, 2010, 6:04 PM
Henry and Jackson as a tag team sounds great. Maybe give them Abraham Washington or somebody as a manager.

Nah, I'd let them speak for themselves. They both currently have the smiling, "having fun" powerhouse gimmick going right now. I'd just have them go out there grinning like idiots and clobbering the crap out of folks, and then high-fiving afterward before going off to the buffet. Oh, and have video packages of them doing ridiculous weight-lifting together, too.

Chris Scott
November 19th, 2010, 6:21 PM
Hahaha weight-lifting together would be superb.

Cewsh
November 19th, 2010, 7:12 PM
TNA.

Who in TNA is leaving for WWE right now?

TNA themselves only have like 3 teams.

HD
Dudebusters
Archer/Hawkins
Nexus
Uso's
Santino/Kosolov
Goldust/Yoshi

Is this relevant? A tag team NXT would require rookies, yes?

Oh how'd I forget silly me, first thing they should do would to be straight on the phone to get back The Worlds Greatest Tag Team.

Why? They weren't over last time they were together. What has changed?

Chris Scott
November 20th, 2010, 9:51 AM
I was messing about TNA.

I wasn't saying do a tag team NXT. Just simply an hour program of tag team wrestling instead of NXT.

WGTT where over as a team, they just ran their course. I'm sure they would be over again on just a tag team show too.

Cewsh
November 20th, 2010, 10:59 AM
They were over with Kurt, and then when they reformed without him, things were kind of rough.

JRSlim21
November 20th, 2010, 11:42 AM

HD
Dudebusters
Archer/Hawkins
Nexus
Uso's
Santino/Kosolov
Goldust/Yoshi

Well the 1st team broke up and 3 teams are done thanks to future endeavors.

Cewsh
November 20th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Also GOldust and Yoshi haven't teamed since ECW died.

Chris Scott
November 20th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Well the 1st team broke up and 3 teams are done thanks to future endeavors.

Also GOldust and Yoshi haven't teamed since ECW died.

Yeah I know.

Maybe like Cwesh mentioned you could bring do a NXT tag team version or bring up rookies to compete with the few tag teams we have left.

UncannyIowan
November 20th, 2010, 1:01 PM
There are definitely a handful of talent that the WWE could experiment with. Sometimes good tag-teams form out of 2 wrestlers who are cool with each other backstage or get paired together randomly and surprisingly have chemistry. Problem is, when a promotion doesn't feel a tag-team division is worth the time and energy anymore it makes it really really really difficult for even tag-team champions to get over.

There has been serious potential in the tag division, I think that's why so many of us are frustrated with the WWE and how they handle it. It's been more up and down over the last idk, 8 years than any other time I've been watching. There were times like in the 94-97 stretch where the teams weren't that good and only a small % were, but at least there was a division that was given real solid attention.

My biggest problem with the way the Hart Dynasty's reign was booked was that they weren't given very many credible wins. The Usos? They should've worked their way up, but the problem is, against who? WWE should make the division inter-brand because one or 2 makeshift teams on Superstars isn't a tag-team division.

Cewsh
November 20th, 2010, 3:00 PM
There were times like in the 94-97 stretch where the teams weren't that good and only a small % were, but at least there was a division that was given real solid attention.

I would say that tag teams get more attention now than they did then.

TimeSplitter
August 10th, 2011, 7:43 PM
From the main page:

Triple H is serious on introducing new talents through vignettes and promos. It's also being said that Triple H is interested in reviving the WWE Tag Team division. Word is that they are really starting to recruit tag teams and see if some names are under contract to other promotions.

There has been talk internally about The Brisco Brothers but they are signed to Ring of Honor. There has also been a lot of talk about TNA's Beer Money and bringing them in once they are able to get away from TNA.

Regarding the Kings of Wrestling - Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli coming, the talk is that they will indeed be brought in together as a tag team and not singles wrestlers.

I've been meaning to bring this thread back up, and this seemed to coincide with that.

Do you think they will actually start to give a damn about the division? I believe HHH can try, but they have a long way to go. How do you see the KoW debuting with the 'E? What are the chances that TNA lets Beer Money go after their contracts are up?

Here is my ideal storyline:

David Otunga and McGillicuty lose the titles to The Usos. As Jimmy and Jey are celebrating, the Kings of Wrestling come down. They get on the mic and talk about how they are sick of tag team wrestling in WWE. They say they aren't the only ones. Over the next few weeks, The Brisco Brothers show up, and say they are the ones to save the division (the same thing can happen with Beer Money too in either order).

Then guys in the WWE start realizing that these new teams mean business. You can put a couple people together who aren't doing much for either squash tag matches or become legitimate tag teams.

Any other ideas on how Triple H can revitalize the tag team division?

One Man Gang
August 10th, 2011, 7:47 PM
Feels like we get this story every year.

Also, didn't Triple H used to squash tag teams in handicap matches?

MichaelC
August 10th, 2011, 8:11 PM
To the Attitude IWC thread with your THEM talk, OMG!

Defrost
August 10th, 2011, 8:23 PM
Why not just put them on two random main eventers who aren't feuding for the world title all the time? In the last 10 years or so that is when they have been strongest. On Jericho and Edge or DX or whatever. Why not have Miz and Truth as champs defending Sunday against Rey and Morrison?

El_Dandy
August 10th, 2011, 8:59 PM
I do have more hope for Triple H, considering the wrestling aspect has to be more important to him then to Vince at this point in time.

Cewsh
August 10th, 2011, 9:01 PM
Why?

Defrost
August 10th, 2011, 9:03 PM
Because he's a wrestler

El_Dandy
August 10th, 2011, 9:21 PM
Exactly, Vince has never really cared about the wrestling really being the focal point. In fact a lot of people would tell you he isn't really a wrestling fan at all. Triple H has always cared about the wrestling since he was a youngster, he grew up idolizing Ric Flair. Now I think that the promo is still gonna be super important but I think we will see longer matches at the big shows and what not.

The Rick
August 10th, 2011, 9:30 PM
Is this relevant? A tag team NXT would require rookies, yes?

I actually like the idea of the next NXT being for a tag team. Maybe even pull a KISS maneuver. The rookies are trying to prove that they have the metal to be the next iteration of (Demolition, Road Warriors, Nasty Boys etc..). It could also go a small way in helping revitalize the tag team division.

I know that isn't really where you were going with your comment, but it gave me the idea.

MasterBB88er
August 10th, 2011, 9:32 PM
If they're serious about rebuilding a tag division I really hope they resign WGTT and don't break them up to push Benjamin as a singles guy this time. They were awesome as a tag team.

Cewsh
August 10th, 2011, 10:13 PM
They're locked down in ROH for at least a year.

MasterBB88er
August 10th, 2011, 10:15 PM
Well, that blows. I'll take HurriKane to comfort my sorrow.

Cewsh
August 10th, 2011, 10:56 PM
Hurricane is seriously injured and may not wrestle again.

You've got bad luck friend. :(

MasterBB88er
August 10th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Oh, screw it just bring back the Bashams and let Santino squash them. Tag team wrestling has died in my heart.

RuneEdge
August 11th, 2011, 12:25 AM
Lets see where they go with this. The names linked with joining the WWE in that article have me excited to be honest. With the state of the division, it cant get much worse, can it?

Bluegunn
August 11th, 2011, 5:33 AM
Well right now so few teams but looks like
Sin Cara and Hunico are going to team up
The Usos
Hopefully Hawkins and Ryder again
Priceless
Jinder and Khali

JRSlim21
August 11th, 2011, 11:22 AM
WWE should sign the Briscoes and make them cut the opening promo. Ratings

TimeSplitter
August 11th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Well right now so few teams but looks like
Sin Cara and Hunico are going to team up
The Usos
Hopefully Hawkins and Ryder again
Priceless
Jinder and Khali

Hunico might end up being the new "Sin Cara" if they release Mistico. But if they put Primo behind the mask, it could work.

Ryder is off doing his own thing, I wouldn't mind him and Hawkins teaming again, but it seems unlikely.

Priceless is a feud waiting to happen ala Miz and Alex Riley.

Jinder and Khali look like a legit tag team, similar to Priceless, but Jinder is far to green in the ring to go it alone...as is Khali, but instead of green he just isn't very good.

That leaves:
The Usos
Otunga and McGillicutty ((shudder))
Mahal and Khali
Santino and his revolving door of partners

That is our current tag team division. Here are some combinations of guys in WWE who have nothing going on storylinewise who could make for some interesting tag teams.

Trent Baretta and Yoshi Tatsu- I don't know why but this combo intrigues me. Have Trent keep asking for advice on Nintendo games or something.

William Regal and Brodus Clay- A good teacher/student tag team. I love William Regal and wish he were doing more than NXT.

Tyler Reks and Mason Ryan- Two big guys who can dominate the division. They said they were going to re-package Ryan now that Punk is no longer associated with the New Nexus.

Santino and Zack Ryder- I know that I already mentioned both of these guys, and they have already teamed together, but they would be the perfect odd couple tag team. Santino and talk nonsense and use the cobra, while Zack Ryder keeps asking "Are you serious, bro?"

Evan Bourne and Sin Cara- High flying tag teams are rare, but fun to watch.

Other guys who should be considered for tag teams:
Big Zeke- Nothing going for him, would be good in a tag team
Skip Sheffield- Get the ring rust off after the injuries
Johnny Curtis- Still has the tag team title shot, right?
Drew McIntyre- I loved the team of Rhodes and McIntyre, and they really need to use him.

Freebird
August 11th, 2011, 12:17 PM
Well from my nickname and avatar it should be readily evident that I am a tag team fan. And I have been all of my life. Tag Team wrestling has always been just as big with me as the singles. The Freebirds, the Midnight Express, the Road Warriors, The Steiners, the Rock and Roll Express and on and on.

I do have hope that Triple H's fealty to wrestling tradition will bring back real tag team action to the WWE. But it will require bringing in tag team specialists and also encouraging an environment for wrestlers in development or already on the roster to consider being tag team specialists. Keep tag teams together and keep their feuds and their division mostly separate and elevate the titles importance by those feuds and story lines.

It may all be a pipe dream of mine. And I may have to keep living with my dreams of the heyday of tag teams of the late 70s and 80's. *sigh* :\

Bluegunn
August 11th, 2011, 12:18 PM
Curtis lost his shot when truth went heel, not sure why that was, but on his promo he said he lost it.
I could see Zeke and Sheffield as a team though.
Same thing with Brotus Clay and Mark Henry as soon as monster Henry character is finished. I think it can be one of Henry's last things to do before he retires.
But if Mistico is released the team would be Epico and Hunico as they have been teaming in FCW.
But Husky Harris can return with his brother or team with Dibiase for the new Money Inc.
Tyler Reks and Derrick Bateman have a similar look so I could see them teaming too If not Curtis and Bateman were FCW tag champs and could be worth a look.

TimeSplitter
August 11th, 2011, 12:49 PM
Those are good points Bluegunn, I'm hoping that Deewun can comment on the tag team situation in FCW and see what teams are down there.

mth
August 11th, 2011, 12:53 PM
Tyler Reks and Derrick Bateman look nothing alike.

Cewsh
August 11th, 2011, 1:03 PM
They both have hair.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
August 11th, 2011, 1:05 PM
They could re-sgn Matt and Jeff........ :hahano:

The problem with throwing 2 guys together is that they're likely to be fairly unpopular and all you'll end up with is another Otunga and McGigglecutty - a bland team no one cares about with hurts everyone in a match.

I mean yeah, if they threw in a new gimmick for them then that's another story.. everyone likes a tag team wearing the same trunks/boots etc. Whats the track record on decent new gimmicks recently though? Santino got a sock... Mick Foley probably died a little inside seeing that.

On the other hand, I guess, you cant put a more "established" duo together as the roster is so thin at the top, it'd have to be broken up within a year. :dunno:

Still, I'd like to see tag teams matter again.. but with the 5 minute matches on RAW, theres no time for a proper tag match. It'd just be face gets beat on, hot tag, face win/heel shenanigans - as always. I suppose if they scrap the diva's all together they'd get an extra 30 seconds.

Perhaps having tag champs across both shows (rather than 2 sets of titles) is the best way to go back to. God bless Jeri-Show, saving 2 shows at once.

Tugboat
August 11th, 2011, 1:17 PM
We want The Colony!

Cewsh
August 11th, 2011, 1:21 PM
:lol:

Listen to Jerry Lawler react to the Colony would be the best thing he's ever done.

"So these guys are...are these guys ants? What's going on here?!"

Tugboat
August 11th, 2011, 1:28 PM
I didn't even know about them until a few months ago, I haven't laughed as much at anything (wrestling or otherwise) in ages.

Probably been seen a million times- but this always makes me laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zOcjq4siu7A

Cewsh
August 11th, 2011, 1:29 PM
Unfortunately that video is quite old and one of the Colony from there has retired. :(

Tugboat
August 11th, 2011, 1:33 PM
Oh totally, I've Wiki'd them to ensure I'm familiar with their history etc - but that one always stands out in my mind. Makes me want to check out more Chikara stuff, but I have no idea where to begin - suggestions? (Takin' this thread for a walk)

mth
August 11th, 2011, 1:34 PM
There is a Chikara thread in General Wrestling. That'd be a great place to ask.

Cewsh
August 11th, 2011, 1:35 PM
Edit: Yes, what mth said. Good for forum traffic.

Tugboat
August 11th, 2011, 1:39 PM
THEN I SHALL GO THERE, FASCISTS.

Freebird
August 11th, 2011, 6:24 PM
I heart the Colony. A group like them could shake things up nicely at WWE if they are allowed to do their thing and entertain and just let the other wrestlers and announcers react as they should. Miz: "Really? Really!?" Truth: "I hate Ants almost as much as spiders!" King: Do these guys think they're really ants!?"

It would be a lot of fun. And in the meantime some good wrestling and providing a good solid tag team to fill out a division. A modern day Bushwhackers.

And as for the Rotunda brothers. I would LOVE Husky and Bo to become the New Blackjacks. And I don't mean do what Barry and JBL did. Which I admit I did love but I also admit they overdid it. They should have kept their own hair color and not had the mustaches and just did the Blackjack gear and the Blackjack attitude. Husky all ready emulates his uncle and grand daddy a great bit and it would be a small step for him to tweak it slight bit more with the leather vest and fingerless glove and his bro to dress similar and them to get totally bad ass and bust heads open. But with a modern twist of course befitting the younger generation of Mulligans/Windams/Rotundas. And I would totally mark out if they were to use the Claw and open up oppoents heads like a can of tomato sauce. But of course they can't do that in today's WWE. :cool:

nz19
September 2nd, 2011, 7:31 AM
They made the two random NXT winners, Joe Hennimcguillacuttyblandrandom and David F-list Otunga champions, who never said a word once on the mic, had an entrance that I expect to represent a Samoan tag team (Usos would be perfect for it) and who's gimmick is to wear a hat (in Michael Mcgetc.'s case) and a hood in the F-list's case

Then they make Kingston and Evan Bourne the champs. Okay nice so they got some life back in the division right? Well not so much because this past raw, they introduced them separately, and I really don't understand it because the whole idea of a tag team is to work as a TEAM, be introduced as a team, and be champions as...you guessed it A TEAM

So that's first thing and second thing is, Kofi Kingston's pyro entrance didn't even work (I'm already tired of it anyways), and it was the most random and uncoordinated thing I've seen from WWE in a long time and that's saying a lot because one thing they've always managed to keep is a high level of production and entrance themes for those they give a shit about have been for the most part good

In any event, I don't think these guys are impressive at all as a tag team (Kingston and Bourne) and in Boure's case it's a waste of talent because he can be having amazing matches with Justin Gabriel (series of 3 at least and not a one off spotfest

As for the end of the match, the fact that Otunga made an attempt to shut up Lawler is respectable but they did nothing with it, they didn't take it further, they didn't give Otunga a mic and I'm just thinking WHAT IS THE POINT?

WWE is the biggest wrestling company in the world, they have a huge fanbase and now is the time to recreate their tag team division that was once so great, with guys like Hart Foundation, the Rockers, Legion of Doom, Demolition, Steiner Brothers, Edge and Christian, Dudleyz and so many others and they got talent but they need to know what the hell to do with it!

Slare
September 2nd, 2011, 8:14 AM
Bit of patience for christ sake pal.

They were setting the seeds for something with Otunga and King, they dont need to blow thier load in the first instance.

Tag teams are nice, but the WWE mentality is that they dont draw, huge singles stars do. Tag teams are basically breeding grounds for future singles stars or something for stale singles stars to do.

They are probably working on a dual entrance for Bourne and Kofi, but its not yet ready or whatever and they just went with the seperate entrances for the time being.

Just chill fella, have a little patience and let it happen naturally instead of forcing things.
Jeezo.

Beefy
September 2nd, 2011, 8:26 AM
Bring back the New Age Outlaws.

MichaelC
September 2nd, 2011, 9:36 AM
No, bring back...uhm...some other tag team with Road Dogg where Billy Gunn can fuck off.

takerson
September 2nd, 2011, 9:38 AM
Double J and The Roadie!

or

or

Road Dogg and K-Kwik!

or

or

Road Dogg and X Pac!

Slare
September 2nd, 2011, 9:38 AM
GETTIN ROWDY

takerson
September 2nd, 2011, 9:44 AM
Da Tree Liive Kru

Ravid
September 2nd, 2011, 11:20 AM
Bit of patience for christ sake pal.

They were setting the seeds for something with Otunga and King, they dont need to blow thier load in the first instance.

Tag teams are nice, but the WWE mentality is that they dont draw, huge singles stars do. Tag teams are basically breeding grounds for future singles stars or something for stale singles stars to do.

They are probably working on a dual entrance for Bourne and Kofi, but its not yet ready or whatever and they just went with the seperate entrances for the time being.

Just chill fella, have a little patience and let it happen naturally instead of forcing things.
Jeezo.

Agree, BUT there is too many single stars now, too many low midcarders with nothing to do, so why not make them into tag teams, Tag team wrestling was huge!!!!

I have said this for months, just wished they would create the division as it was in 80's / 90's , and it is a great breeding ground for future stars!!! nothing wrong with that, would rather them do this then stupid Tough Enough and NXT

CMON WWE get some tag team entrances, some team names going and bloody same coloured wrestling tights like back in the old days :)

Derek
September 2nd, 2011, 12:08 PM
Didn't you notice Bourne and Kofi have both been wearing powder blue?

Cewsh
September 2nd, 2011, 12:23 PM
And Otunga and McGillicutty's attire looks very similar.

Kyle_242
September 2nd, 2011, 12:41 PM
I actually get a vibe that they are trying to re-build the division. They've pretty much fully acknowledged that McGillotunga is bland as fuck (admittedly, that might've just been to get a Lawler feud going, but I like to think there's at least a kernel of acknowledgement there), and they've held the belts so long because there's no competition ...basically painting them as everything wrong with the tag division, and that's pretty refreshing. Along come Kofi & Bourne, who at first I felt was just another random tag-team (and to be honest, I still haven't totally shaken this notion), but given the fact that they've focused on them celebrating as if the title really means something to them (even mentioning other great tag-teams through history in a promo), and the fact that WWE seems to be in paradigm-shift mode, it really does look like they've got plans for the division from here.

However, going back to nz19, if I'm right and there is a re-building plan (admittedly a big if), we really won't be know for sure until we wake up one day and say "holy fuck, there's a tag title match I care about at an upcoming PPV!", and that would be months from now in an absolute best-case scenario. So it will require patience.

But given how dismal the tag division has been in the WWE over the years, I wouldn't blame anyone for being pessimistic. I'm actually not sure why I'm optimistic myself.

Shut Up, Mooney!
September 2nd, 2011, 1:31 PM
They could re-sgn Matt and Jeff........ :hahano:

The problem with throwing 2 guys together is that they're likely to be fairly unpopular and all you'll end up with is another Otunga and McGigglecutty - a bland team no one cares about with hurts everyone in a match.

Perhaps... but with a new image for those teams, it could work. That's how the Hart Foundation happened- with two guys whose singles runs weren't doing much. It def. happened with Outlaws- as neither Double J Jesse James or Rockabilly were doing anything of note. So it's not impossible that say, Mason Ryan and Tyler Reks couldn't be thrown together and turn out to become an interesting team. It would just take a little effort on WWE's part to make them more than just "Mason Ryan & Tyler Reks".

Slare
September 2nd, 2011, 1:40 PM
MASEKS

HHHnFoley_Rulez
September 2nd, 2011, 2:03 PM
http://www.obsessedwithwrestling.com/pictures/c/conquistadors/02.jpg

TimeSplitter
September 2nd, 2011, 2:09 PM
There is an article on wwe.com about the blandness of Mctunga, I hope it is the start of something for them. I also read that KoW could be used in the Punk/HHH feud. They could beef up the division. In my ideal world (though this isn't the place for it), I'd like to see WWE bring Colt Cabana into the feud as well, and have them wear all of the Raw gold.

Chandler
September 2nd, 2011, 2:14 PM
I remember the last time they tried to make "blandness" a character.

http://cdn102.iofferphoto.com/img/item/143/099/245/zIw9kIPeNeXsCau.jpg
and this guy...

http://www.gerweck.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/steveblackman.jpg
Never got either of them over.

Cewsh
September 2nd, 2011, 2:32 PM
Actually Blackman did get over.

And it got Storm over well enough in ECW and WCW. WWE presented him as a jive dancing fool with a huge dong.

Sparky
September 2nd, 2011, 2:56 PM
Perhaps... but with a new image for those teams, it could work. That's how the Hart Foundation happened- with two guys whose singles runs weren't doing much. It def. happened with Outlaws- as neither Double J Jesse James or Rockabilly were doing anything of note. So it's not impossible that say, Mason Ryan and Tyler Reks couldn't be thrown together and turn out to become an interesting team. It would just take a little effort on WWE's part to make them more than just "Mason Ryan & Tyler Reks".

Morrison and Miz were just a thrown together team, and they were the best team we had in quite awhile.

Hell, Beer Money were just a random team thrown together also.

They should make Swagger and Ziggler a team. Team Swaggler FTW.

Vice
September 2nd, 2011, 3:02 PM
And it got Storm over well enough in ECW and WCW. WWE presented him as a jive dancing fool with a huge dong.

That was after Austin got the fans to constantly chant boring at him, which just about killed him completely. And also made the boring chant more widespread.

Fucking hell, for all the great things Austin did, he gave the fans BOOOOOOOORING and WHAT!?!?!, which are obnoxious and I never want to hear them again. Shame on you, Austin.

Chandler
September 2nd, 2011, 4:55 PM
Actually Blackman did get over.

I think the "hardcore division" and his eventual fued with Shane McMahon got him over more than the Headcheese thing which is where they pushed his "blandness."

nz19
September 2nd, 2011, 6:05 PM
I've been patient - it's not like this time just got established today though, Kofi and Bourne are both good singles wrestlers individually, but they already made their win seem mediocre

As for Otunga and King - just my opinion here but if they were planning a storyline, they should have had Lawler respond at that moment and not just stare blankly like a douche

It's also kind of a joke to think Lawler can fight off Otunga who is like 30 years younger and 5 x bigger among so many other reasons

Kyle_242
September 2nd, 2011, 6:27 PM
This statement here:

they should have had Lawler respond at that moment and not just stare blankly like a douche

Could easily explain this complaint here:

It's also kind of a joke to think Lawler can fight off Otunga who is like 30 years younger and 5 x bigger among so many other reasons

And it's waaaaaaaaaay too early to be complaining about any kind of Otunga/McGillicutty/King storyline yet. Given that it's been exactly one staredown long so far.

TheSupremeForce
September 2nd, 2011, 6:28 PM
I wish Kofi would wrestle more and spend less time jumping straight up into the air. Yeah, he has an impressive vertical, but too much of his offense consists of him jumping into the air, flying over his opponent, and making his opponent jump up and catch him (which looks stupid every time).

Other than that, I'm fine with Kofi and Bourne, even if "Air Boom" is a stupid, stupid name. If it gets Kofi a new shirt that isn't the most hideous color ever, I'll be an even stronger supporter.

They recently had King hold his own with the freaking Miz. Compared to that, having Lawler hold his own against a big, green tool shouldn't be too difficult to sell.

Cewsh
September 2nd, 2011, 6:57 PM
Air Boom may actually be the worst name ever applied to anything ever.

DDT
September 2nd, 2011, 9:11 PM
That's the best their writing staff could come up with; Air Boom.

Hell, how hard is it to come up with something better? Sonic Boom, Air Raid, Sky High, Jet Storm, anything.

Cewsh
September 2nd, 2011, 9:17 PM
In fairness the fans chose it.

So there you have it.

Bill Casey
September 2nd, 2011, 10:07 PM
Paradise Bourne?

Derek
September 2nd, 2011, 10:58 PM
Wasn't Jet Storm a Decepticon?

JRSlim21
September 3rd, 2011, 9:57 AM
Wasn't Jet Storm a Decepticon?

I smell an awesome heel turn if they ever choose to...

kangus
September 3rd, 2011, 2:22 PM
I love this pairing because it probably means they travel to shows together so if anything were to happen to one guy it would probably take out the other one as well.

bobbythebrain
September 3rd, 2011, 7:15 PM
How about an updated version of Demolition? The entrance music. The face paint. The ring attire. They'd be instantly over.

- Ax & Smash - who I believe still wrestle on the independent circuit - could even make a cameo appearance! (Demolition, by the way, are playable characters in the next WWE video game.)
- I always thought Barry Darsow (Smash, Repo Man) would make a great heel manager.
- Darsow's son is a pro wrestler, although he's a crusierweight and doesn't really "fit" Demolition.

JRSlim21
September 3rd, 2011, 8:30 PM
Darsow's son is also pretty green.