PDA

View Full Version : The Official TNA News and Notes Thread.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Cewsh
July 23rd, 2010, 6:50 PM
It always seemed like TNA news being reported in the WWE Wrestling area was a strange way to do things, so let's put all of the news and information about Total Nonstop Action in here from this point on.

As in the other thread it probably goes without saying that everything should have sources and there shouldn't be any copying and pasting from subscription content. You know, the usual.

So get crackin' already. What's the scoop, Sherlock?

toady
July 23rd, 2010, 8:19 PM
I have nothing noteworthy to post, i just wanted the first response.....

Motherboy
July 25th, 2010, 10:24 PM
THIS JUST IN: TNA SUX!!1

:LOOL:

Source: (o)(o)

Cewsh
July 25th, 2010, 10:28 PM
Apparently, Dixie Carter revealed that Knockout Velvet Sky had signed a new long-term contract with TNA. Her new contract with the company gave her a raise from $300 per date to around $600.

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

So Velvet is essentially responsible for the highest ratings on the show and she makes about 600 an appearence.

Anybody think that stacks up well against what, say, Eric Young is making?

Kure
July 25th, 2010, 10:32 PM
She has lots of things I liked to see stacked up instead of having Eric Young on the screen. Women are always underpaid in wrestling, but it is sad how little some of TNA's make when they are actually something people tune in for.

Ditzy_Carter
July 25th, 2010, 10:36 PM
Congrats to Velvet on the new contract. Look forward to seeing her for a long long time in TNA.

ECDUB
July 25th, 2010, 10:42 PM
Both of these "news" items come from Dixie Carter's Twitter (twitter.com/tnadixie)-

-According to Dixie, the Hardcore Justice PPV card looks "amazing."

-TNA will be having a live show in Dublin on Jan. 24th 2011.

Cewsh
July 25th, 2010, 11:11 PM
I bet it does look amazing. It'd be great if WE COULD SEE IT.

takerson
July 26th, 2010, 9:14 AM
Apparently, Dixie Carter revealed that Knockout Velvet Sky had signed a new long-term contract with TNA. Her new contract with the company gave her a raise from $300 per date to around $600.

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

So Velvet is essentially responsible for the highest ratings on the show and she makes about 600 an appearence.

Anybody think that stacks up well against what, say, Eric Young is making?

I get what you're saying... Eric Young PPA is probably much higher.... but when you don't make any appearances, it's still $0. :yes: :lol:

Bert
July 26th, 2010, 4:23 PM
source: www.gerweck.net
- Mike Johnson is reporting that former ROH champion Xavier will be getting a tryout with TNA at tonight's tapings. Recently Xavier had been focusing on doing MMA but it hasn't really worked out well for him.

No idea who that is, woo?

- Prowrestling.net is reporting that TNA will be airing a free PPV quality special on Spike TV in August called "TNA's Whole F'n Show". No other details are known at this time.

hmm, RVD-centric I guess.

- The following former WWE talents 90 day no compete clauses are all up and they are free to go any where they wish including TNA.

Mickie James
Shelton Benjamin
Mike Knox
Katie Lea Burchill
Jimmy Wang Yang
Funaki
Slam Master J.

Jimmy Yang said something about going somewhere he's been before but that could be a number of places. I'd love to see Mickie James though.

Vice
July 26th, 2010, 4:24 PM
Ahahhaha Xavier.

Legendary heel.

Tom B. Stone
July 26th, 2010, 4:31 PM
Two items from f4wonline.com today:

--Jason Powell at prowrestling.net is reorting Spike and TNA have agreed to do a three-hour live PPV-like TV special next month. TNA and Spike have been negotiating the idea of doing specials and which would result in TNA cutting down on the number of actual PPVs they do, for a long time.

--Regarding the legalities of TNA doing the ECW tribute PPV show on 8/8, we were told that they edited "ECW" chants off the commercial, which did have them in the original form. Either they didn't do that, or some commercials got out, because on The Fight Network in Canada, the commercials have already been airing that have "ECW" chants on them.

OD50
July 26th, 2010, 4:33 PM
Jason Powell at prowrestling.net is reorting Spike and TNA have agreed to do a three-hour live PPV-like TV special next month. TNA and Spike have been negotiating the idea of doing specials and which would result in TNA cutting down on the number of actual PPVs they do, for a long time.

Clash of the Champions baby. :yes:

Bert
July 29th, 2010, 7:37 PM
source: gerweck.net

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter noted that the additions of Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff, Rob Van Dam, Jeff Hardy and Mr. Anderson alone will cost a minimum of $4 million in 2010.

Not surprised. But Hogan, Bichoff, Jeff Hardy, what a waste.

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter is reporting that Paul Heyman had a conference call this past week with Spike TV. Spike is under pressure to improve the ratings. Believe it or not, Spike has fallen out of the top 25 on cable and the overall rating has hovered between 0.5 and 0.6, way down from a couple of years back.

I believe it.

- Dixie Carter posted the following on her Face Book:

"We'll announce the first group of guys appearing on the HardCORE Justice PPV on www.tnawrestling.com right after iMPACT! on Thursday night"

Nothing like waiting til the last minute...

- Jason Powell is reporting that former ECW Champions The Sandman and Jerry Lynn are both backstage at the TNA tapings in Orlando and are scheduled to appear on Impact in some form.

Meh.

Here is a list of confirmed talent for the upcoming TNA Hardcore Justice PPV on Sunday, August 8.

Talent within TNA that is confirmed:
- Rob Van Dam
- Mick Foley
- Team 3D
- Raven
- Rhino
- Stevie Richards
- Simon Diamond (backstage agent)
- Al Snow (backstage agent)
- Taz
- Tommy Dreamer

Talent outside TNA that is confirmed:
- Sabu
- 2 Cold Scorpio
- CW Anderson
- The Sandman
- Jerry Lynn

Talent that has been contacted, but are not official
- Spike Dudley
- Members of The FBI
- Axl Rotten
- Balls Mahoney
- Bill Alfonso
- Shane Douglas
- Johnny Swinger
- Axl Rotten (who is said to be in great shape)

Two matches already confirmed to take place are Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn (likely the main event) and Tommy Dreamer vs. Raven (likely the co-main event).

Sounding pretty lackluster.

jackielover144
July 30th, 2010, 12:48 AM
Former ECW World Heavyweight Champion Shane Douglas has confirmed to FanHouse.com that he has turned down an offer to be a part of the show unless something drastic happens over the next week. All signs are that the show is being planned without 'The Franchise' being a part of it.

jackielover144
July 30th, 2010, 12:49 AM

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter noted that the additions of Hulk Hogan, Eric Bischoff, Rob Van Dam, Jeff Hardy and Mr. Anderson alone will cost a minimum of $4 million in 2010.

Not surprised. But Hogan, Bichoff, Jeff Hardy, what a waste.

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter is reporting that Paul Heyman had a conference call this past week with Spike TV. Spike is under pressure to improve the ratings. Believe it or not, Spike has fallen out of the top 25 on cable and the overall rating has hovered between 0.5 and 0.6, way down from a couple of years back.

I believe it.

- Dixie Carter posted the following on her Face Book:

"We'll announce the first group of guys appearing on the HardCORE Justice PPV on www.tnawrestling.com right after iMPACT! on Thursday night"

Nothing like waiting til the last minute...

- Jason Powell is reporting that former ECW Champions The Sandman and Jerry Lynn are both backstage at the TNA tapings in Orlando and are scheduled to appear on Impact in some form.

Meh.

Here is a list of confirmed talent for the upcoming TNA Hardcore Justice PPV on Sunday, August 8.

Talent within TNA that is confirmed:
- Rob Van Dam
- Mick Foley
- Team 3D
- Raven
- Rhino
- Stevie Richards
- Simon Diamond (backstage agent)
- Al Snow (backstage agent)
- Taz
- Tommy Dreamer

Talent outside TNA that is confirmed:
- Sabu
- 2 Cold Scorpio
- CW Anderson
- The Sandman
- Jerry Lynn

Talent that has been contacted, but are not official
- Spike Dudley
- Members of The FBI
- Axl Rotten
- Balls Mahoney
- Bill Alfonso
- Shane Douglas
- Johnny Swinger
- Axl Rotten (who is said to be in great shape)

Two matches already confirmed to take place are Rob Van Dam vs. Jerry Lynn (likely the main event) and Tommy Dreamer vs. Raven (likely the co-main event).

Sounding pretty lackluster.

Sounds like buy rates will be through the roof

badguythomas
July 30th, 2010, 1:20 AM
No Shane Douglas...Man this is gonna suck balls...
Like everyone I want to see wrestle, isn't going to wrestle..

Cold_Hearted_Truth
July 30th, 2010, 2:31 AM
Read a couple online reports that Hogan died???? Confirmed???

Was Nick out driving again?

Vandal
July 30th, 2010, 6:06 AM
Read a couple online reports that Hogan died???? Confirmed???

Was Nick out driving again?
No damn it.:no:

Tom B. Stone
July 30th, 2010, 9:28 AM
- Within TNA, there's a feeling that Hulk Hogan will not say anything negative about the ECW-themed PPV, but he's not a fan of the idea.

- A number of wrestlers in TNA who hover around the middle of the card and lower are paid per appearance so they're angry at missing a payday due to the change to the PPV.

- Even some veterans aren't happy with Hardcore Justice, thinking that Dixie felt she had to deliver something unexpected after her promise of a big surprise. It was most likely meant to be Paul Heyman joining TNA.

- Tommy Dreamer has apparently told people he's close to getting the book in TNA and would find jobs for some of his former ECW colleagues.

Source: Jason Powell, PWTorch Newsletter.

From Mikey Whipwreck: "I'm happy for the guys that are doing it, but it's nice to see the little bingo hall company everyone blew off back in the day as insignificant is called upon every time business is in the toilet."

Kure
July 30th, 2010, 9:33 AM
-
- Tommy Dreamer has apparently told people he's close to getting the book in TNA and would find jobs for some of his former ECW colleagues.

Source: Jason Powell, PWTorch Newsletter.

That's all TNA needs. Another person with power who hires his buddies. They need to find a booker with no friends who will base his decisions entirely on who is best suited to help the company.

Cewsh
July 30th, 2010, 10:41 AM
No friends?

Jcnumbers!

ECDUB
July 30th, 2010, 11:06 AM
So TNA Wrestling has confirmed the card for their Special "iMPACT!", The Whole F'N Show, on their website (http://www.tnawrestling.com/news/item/2079-special-impact-on-spike-on-aug-12).

TNA Title: RVD vs. Abyss (involves a 15 foot ladder and Janice)
Kurt Angle vs. AJ Styles
Knockouts Title: Angelina Love vs. Madison Rayne
Jeff Hardy's Open Challenge
The Pope vs. Matt Morgan vs. Mr. Anderson
Beer Money vs. Motor City Machine Guns (if needed. If not needed, we will be treated to a #1 contender match between Ink Inc. and Generation Me)

If you ask me, that card seems rather underwhelming. Outside of Angle/Styles and Beer Money/MCMG there's nothing special. I would rather see Morgan/Anderson one on one than the three way. Jeff Hardy's challenge can be salvaged though, if answered by Samoa Joe.

Tom B. Stone
July 30th, 2010, 11:11 AM
If they can't at least get past the 1.1 rating "ceiling" they have right now with a PPV-quality (in their mind anyway) card and two weeks of hype, then there is something seriously wrong.

OD50
July 30th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Well, let's hope it does well. That way these type of shows might replace generic PPV's.

Kure
July 30th, 2010, 11:42 AM
They should probably create hype some other way than just promoting it on their own show that no one watches.

The_Mike
July 30th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Yeah it's kind of hard to get people to watch a show by hyping it solely on that show.

Oh, and the website. Can't forget that.

Kure
July 30th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Yeah, I forgot the website that no one reads.

Cewsh
July 30th, 2010, 3:48 PM
In fairness, TNA has only put on about 20 PPV quality PPVs in their history anyway.

So how will they be putting on a tv show that is "PPV quality".

Wooderson
July 30th, 2010, 4:04 PM
My big problem with the card is that we had Kurt & AJ as the feature match the last time that TNA did a big "event" type show for Spike - back when Hogan debuted.

Cewsh
July 30th, 2010, 5:46 PM
You're actually complaining about Kurt/AJ?

That's a new one.

Wooderson
July 30th, 2010, 5:57 PM
You're actually complaining about Kurt/AJ?

That's a new one.

Actually, yes. That last match was a very fun one...but how many times did each man kick out of the other's "finishing" moves? I know that those two men are more capable than just about anyone in the company of putting on a good match; but I'm worried that we're going to see somewhat of a repeat of the Hogan Debut match that they had.

Of course, one thing that I didn't think of until right now is that I think that those two may be currently feuding or about to feud on the show. So I guess that this could make sense.

Can we at least not end the match with Hogan going on and on about how great they both are?

OD50
July 30th, 2010, 6:06 PM
Nah, they 'aint feuding. AJ just happens to be next on Angle's hitlist of world title contenders. The match does make sense though.

Wooderson
July 30th, 2010, 6:08 PM
Nah, they 'aint feuding. AJ just happens to be next on Angle's hitlist of world title contenders. The match does make sense though.

Right - that's what I was thinking. Thanks!

Cewsh
July 31st, 2010, 4:18 PM
They had that match eight months ago when they were both different characters.

The_Mike
July 31st, 2010, 9:17 PM
You can never have enough AJ/Angle.

Sphere
July 31st, 2010, 10:07 PM
I was thinking, is it just going be a straight ranking match between AJ and Kurt?

And I am saying that cause I got the feeling that not only will it be a rankings match, but the TV title will be on the line.

Cewsh
July 31st, 2010, 10:28 PM
Why?

Sphere
July 31st, 2010, 11:05 PM
Okay.....Before Kurt came out AJ said that he will be defending the TV title every week.

So, it wouldn't be just a ranking match with AJ and Kurt. The TV title has to be on the line as well.

UncannyIowan
August 1st, 2010, 12:57 AM
Ah but remember my friend, in the land of TNA, while AJ might've said he was going to do something every week, it more than likely means for this occassion and several others he won't defend it every week. The thing is, he could still defend it, which he should, but Angle could very well win by DQ.

But here's my question.....do all the titles in TNA change hands when it's a DQ, or just the World? Sting v. Abyss is the only match I can think of.

Cold_Hearted_Truth
August 1st, 2010, 1:38 AM
Okay.....Before Kurt came out AJ said that he will be defending the TV title every week.

So, it wouldn't be just a ranking match with AJ and Kurt. The TV title has to be on the line as well.

That would be the logical thing to believe.

TheLB
August 1st, 2010, 1:46 AM
Tommy Dreamer's wife's mother has sadly passed away a short time ago,

Tommy Dreamer has posted the following on his Twitter Page about an hour ago.
"I can't thank everyone for their thoughts & prayers. Beulah's mom passed away. Why we must always celebrate life. I love you all."

Cewsh
August 1st, 2010, 11:19 AM
Ah but remember my friend, in the land of TNA, while AJ might've said he was going to do something every week, it more than likely means for this occassion and several others he won't defend it every week. The thing is, he could still defend it, which he should, but Angle could very well win by DQ.

But here's my question.....do all the titles in TNA change hands when it's a DQ, or just the World? Sting v. Abyss is the only match I can think of.

None of them do. Except when they do.

TNA.

Vice
August 1st, 2010, 11:26 AM
None of them do. Except when they do.

TNA.

How often do they end in DQ?

Winkle van Tinkle
August 1st, 2010, 11:34 AM
The TNA boys went and got new tattoos last night. Storm, Morgan and Styles.

http://web6.twitpic.com/img/138865040-5a66253ebd5de163ea232abf577e5493.4c5592f8-full.jpg

Storm

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/138710514.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1280677872&Signature=aXOJaTYlLXfwM5fkMOCFf2Fv1xA%3D

No picture of Morgans

http://s3.amazonaws.com/twitpic/photos/full/138704608.jpg?AWSAccessKeyId=0ZRYP5X5F6FSMBCCSE82&Expires=1280677923&Signature=8s%2F%2BBa2D9FtDX0%2B5iEQ4b7IR6ZM%3D

Vice
August 1st, 2010, 11:43 AM
AJ.. :nono:

ECDUB
August 1st, 2010, 11:49 AM
According to JB's Twitter, the dates on AJ's tattoos are the birthdays of his sons (if anyone was curious, I know I was).

Also, TNA seemed to have a pretty successful house show last night in Fayetteville. According to Dixie's twitter the event was sold out. Below is a short video from the event-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0DFcn6tDsM&feature=youtu.be&a

Finally, I wanted to comment on the whole Abyss/DQ title change chatter. If you remember correctly, back in the day TNA had a rule that titles could change hands on a DQ. However, shortly after Abyss won the title (maybe a month or so) they abolished the rule.

Vice
August 1st, 2010, 11:52 AM
According to JB's Twitter, the dates on AJ's tattoos are the birthdays of his sons (if anyone was curious, I know I was).

Is it sad that I knew that?

Not the exact dates, but I saw the years and was like "Ajay, Avery and Albey"..

Cewsh
August 1st, 2010, 12:53 PM
How often do they end in DQ?

Just the time he named, I assume.

Badger
August 1st, 2010, 12:56 PM
I'll be too distracted to properly enjoy an AJ match now.

Bert
August 1st, 2010, 3:25 PM
source:gerweck.net
TNA No Surrender PPV poster
http://i32.tinypic.com/15oia9y.jpg

- TNA star and founder Jeff Jarrett has opened his own Youtube channel at http://www.youtube.com/JeffJarrettTNA. It features some very interesting videos of Jeff on the road, doing interviews and more.

-TNAwrestling.com has received word from Tommy Dreamer that Balls Mahoney, Axl Rotten and Johnny Swinger have all been added to HardCORE Justice on August 8!

-It appears former ECW champion "The Franchise" Shane Douglas is joining Lance Storm, Mikey Whipwreck and Steve Corino in claiming not to be headed to the 8/8 TNA HardCORE Justice PPV. According to Brian Fritz, Douglas has confirmed to FanHouse that he has turned down an offer to be a part of the show unless something drastic happens over the next week.

-- Dave Meltzer is reporting that there is talk of Tommy Dreamer taking over the head booking job in TNA which is currently held by Vince Russo who wants to move on to another area in the company. Dreamer has only been head booker once before in his career and this was in OVW which didn't go over very well. Dreamer's style was said to be around the same as Russo's and during his run as OVW booker the ratings suffered a huge drop off.

So, how long til the Rise and Fall of TNA DVD? :happysad:

Mike Skillz
August 1st, 2010, 3:40 PM

Okay allow me to clear this up. The DQ rule has only applied to NWA titles, since TNA officially started using their own championships that rule hasn't been applicable. However Whether this was an NWA rule or a rule enforced by TNA hasn't been clear.

Nemephosis
August 1st, 2010, 3:53 PM
Sorry, AJ's tattoo looks awful on him. Something slightly more subtle would probably have been a better idea.

mth
August 1st, 2010, 4:00 PM
Wow, AJ's tatt is terrible. Definitely should have gone with something more subtle, that's going to stand out like...well, a massive A J on his side.

Also, read on Moore's Twitter that Jesse Neal got more ink, but you probably won't be able to tell, I reckon.

Bert
August 1st, 2010, 4:17 PM
He got what I think is a bulldog on his neck, it's on the Jeff Jarrett youtube account.

Pipkin
August 1st, 2010, 4:37 PM
The tattoo pics aren't showing up for me, link to AJ's anybody?

mth
August 1st, 2010, 4:40 PM
http://twitpic.com/2aocy8

Bert
August 1st, 2010, 4:43 PM
I think he really should have just gotten the dates, but whatever he's the one who has to live with it.

Tom B. Stone
August 1st, 2010, 6:12 PM
The teaser/preview for No Surrender on the PPV distributors' websites has announced the following match:

Kurt Angle vs. Jeff Hardy

Cewsh
August 1st, 2010, 6:47 PM
What the hell is wrong with AJ's tattoo?

It's not like it's some random tattoo he got for no reason.

Cold_Hearted_Truth
August 1st, 2010, 7:03 PM
I think he really should have just gotten the dates, but whatever he's the one who has to live with it.

Agree here.

I think tattoos are pretty trashy personally, but each individual are the ones that have to live with the decision. At least AJ's has some relevant meaning behind it.

Bert
August 1st, 2010, 7:05 PM
The AJ is huge and tacky and not really needed. Unless he's worried he will forget his initials or something.

Cewsh
August 1st, 2010, 7:07 PM
All of their initials are AJ.

And since it's for his goddamn kids, should we maybe not break it down like a new outfut he got?

Bert
August 1st, 2010, 7:13 PM
You're overreacting, I don't believe anyone is treating it that way. (At least black is slimming)

Cewsh
August 1st, 2010, 7:16 PM
Huge and tacky and not needed?

Bert
August 1st, 2010, 7:22 PM
You asked what was wrong and I answered you.

Cewsh
August 1st, 2010, 7:23 PM
Fair enough. And I said you were treating it like a new outfit.

Bert
August 1st, 2010, 7:30 PM
Since when is there a set list of designated words to use when judging a tattoo though? I think it's understandable enough. Maybe I should have said "at least it's not a tribal" instead.

Cewsh
August 1st, 2010, 7:33 PM
There is no designated list of words. Since when are you allowed to disparage something with complete impunity from criticism?

If you don't like it, then that's fine and not my business. But saying it's "not needed" is pretty much not your business either.

Bert
August 1st, 2010, 7:40 PM
I don't understand why you're getting all defensive at me for saying its not needed like AJ Styles is a good buddy of yours and you need to defend his honor.

Cewsh
August 1st, 2010, 8:02 PM
I thought what you said was pretty shitty of you to say, whether it be about AJ Styles or a bum on the street.

The rest of this is just annoyingly circular. If you think what you said was fine, then fine. I don't. Are you going to take it back? No? Well neither am I. So move along.

Pipkin
August 1st, 2010, 8:34 PM
I'm generally not a fan of tattoos, but I don't really see what's so horrible about AJ's. I would like it better if it wasn't so large, but even as is I think it's fine.

mth
August 1st, 2010, 8:51 PM
I'm just looking at it from an artistic/aesthetic perspective, and it's just seems to stand out and look awkward in both its placement and style. I've got no issue with what it is, though, and support it having some meaning.

takerson
August 1st, 2010, 9:03 PM

When TNA started... all the way until about mid-2007... They had a rule where all titles WILL change hands on a DQ. Their reasoning, as made very clear by Mike Tenay on almost every show, was that it would keep the Heel Champions from taking the easy way out. And it also "Makes TNA different from the competition, you won't get any cop-out endings in a TNA Title match."

In mid-2007 they announced, in passing, during commentary that "the TNA board has struck that rule from the books and now the traditional way of people only losing titles by pin or submission will be recognized."

Cewsh
August 1st, 2010, 9:20 PM
Yeah, it was pretty much only done anything with that one time.

V-Line
August 1st, 2010, 10:44 PM
Yeah, not a fan of AJ's new tat, basically the placement and size is what's throwing me off. Side tats, no good in my opinion. James Storms tat looks quite good though, not sure where it is though, I'm guessing leg?

The_Mike
August 1st, 2010, 10:47 PM
I liked the rule, personally. I liked the principle of preventing bookers from using lazy cop-outs to drag out feuds or protect people, because I really was sick of the WWE's very stagnant culture at the time and it seemed like a good idea to help TNA stand out. Unfortunately, they only ever really used it once, and since it had been on the backburner so long the live crowd didn't even seem to realise that the title had changed hands when Abyss won. And who gives fucking Abyss a title win via DQ? That's just so backwards it hurts my brain.

So it's probably for the best that they dropped it. In principle, though, it was something I'd have liked to see stick around.

UncannyIowan
August 2nd, 2010, 12:16 AM
lol @ Cewsh sounding like a 70 year old man pissed off at the kids riding their bikes through his garden concerning someone not liking AJ's tat.

Thanks for clearing up the DQ rule with TNA.....Mid-2007 is when they said something on air? Damn......Can't believe I didn't remember that piece of commentary.

It would be a solid rule, but I prefer it to be used more than once out of nowhere. Live crowd, internet crowd, I don't know if I'd believe a number higher than 4 who rememberd the rule or even knew about it. If it was something that they said prior to the majority of title bouts if not all, since it's not something the mass majority of wrestling fans are used to, I'd accept it as a must to seperate TNA's title matches from everyone else.

And what is this noise about Axl Rotten getting a job? Does he really really deserve to STILL pretend he gives a shit about ECW? Fuck that guy. Go watch his in-ring promo in XPW where he shits all over the company. Fuck Shane Douglas too, go back to Target and stock the wrestling figures you could never be.

Vice
August 2nd, 2010, 12:52 AM
I know a lot of people just kind of tuned out the commentary back then because of Don West (which baffles me because he was AWESOME), but they mentioned the rule during title matches all the time. Especially when Jarrett was the champ. They'd constantly talk about how he had to play it safe with his shenanigans, because getting DQ'd would cost him his title. You can learn a lot from commentary and just paying attention in general.

A few days ago, Cewsh and I were having one of our famous wrestling debates on AIM and he was complaining about guys jumping off of cages when they could just simply climb down and escape. I had to explain to him that the majority of TNA cage matches, especially those at Lockdown, cannot be won via escape. In a place like WWE, a cage match is a CAGE MATCH (pin/sub/escape), but TNA cage matches are, more often than not, just normal bouts contested inside of a cage.

People will always look at WWE as the standard, which hurts TNA because they cannot be different. Even with them explaining concepts and stuff, they are always judged against WWE and how they have their things set up. The other day someone was bitching about how a tag team match inside of a cage was actually wrestled via tags instead of it being a four man brawl. In WWE, such a brawl is the standard because the match revolves around the cage. In TNA, the cage is just a variable in the grand scheme of things. Sure there are more relaxed rules when it comes to soccer kicking someone square in the nuts for example, but the ref can throw the match out at any time if people don't follow the "rules".

I barely pay attention to the commentary, but I've picked up on all of these things just fine. So I'm curious exactly why others don't follow this. I'm not shitting on people for not knowing-- just genuinely wondering where TNA is going wrong here. TNA is a wrestling company that has its own set of rules and codes and whatnot, and I think what's killing them is that everyone immediately compares it to WWE's formula, thus TNA "does everything wrong". Sure they fuck up constantly here and there, just like every wrestling promotion, but I do feel that TNA is unfairly shat upon fairly often for their differences without people even realizing said differences.

People want them to be different from WWE, yet crap on every little thing that sets them apart from WWE. And if TNA adopted the WWE style/formula, people would immediately shit on them for being the same as WWE. So basically, it's not something I fully understand.

TNA has a very different way of telling stories, different formulas, different rules, different styles, etc., yet "they are not an alternative" because they do not do things WWE's way. Am I the only person that thinks that makes NO sense?[/random rant]

Morrison
August 2nd, 2010, 1:08 AM
I don't understand why you're getting all defensive at me for saying its not needed like AJ Styles is a good buddy of yours and you need to defend his honor.

you're being a bit of a snark and not really getting what he's saying. he's not defending AJ like they're buddies, he's defending the guy's desire to get a tattoo that honors his children and not have somebody on the internet deem it 'tacky or unnecessary' because they think it looks bad. it's not your place to say whether or not it's necessary, since it's not your body, your children or your sentiment.

Cewsh
August 2nd, 2010, 1:13 AM
I know a lot of people just kind of tuned out the commentary back then because of Don West (which baffles me because he was AWESOME), but they mentioned the rule during title matches all the time. Especially when Jarrett was the champ. They'd constantly talk about how he had to play it safe with his shenanigans, because getting DQ'd would cost him his title. You can learn a lot from commentary and just paying attention in general.

A few days ago, Cewsh and I were having one of our famous wrestling debates on AIM and he was complaining about guys jumping off of cages when they could just simply climb down and escape. I had to explain to him that the majority of TNA cage matches, especially those at Lockdown, cannot be won via escape. In a place like WWE, a cage match is a CAGE MATCH (pin/sub/escape), but TNA cage matches are, more often than not, just normal bouts contested inside of a cage.

People will always look at WWE as the standard, which hurts TNA because they cannot be different. Even with them explaining concepts and stuff, they are always judged against WWE and how they have their things set up. The other day someone was bitching about how a tag team match inside of a cage was actually wrestled via tags instead of it being a four man brawl. In WWE, such a brawl is the standard because the match revolves around the cage. In TNA, the cage is just a variable in the grand scheme of things. Sure there are more relaxed rules when it comes to soccer kicking someone square in the nuts for example, but the ref can throw the match out at any time if people don't follow the "rules".

I barely pay attention to the commentary, but I've picked up on all of these things just fine. So I'm curious exactly why others don't follow this. I'm not shitting on people for not knowing-- just genuinely wondering where TNA is going wrong here. TNA is a wrestling company that has its own set of rules and codes and whatnot, and I think what's killing them is that everyone immediately compares it to WWE's formula, thus TNA "does everything wrong". Sure they fuck up constantly here and there, just like every wrestling promotion, but I do feel that TNA is unfairly shat upon fairly often for their differences without people even realizing said differences.

People want them to be different from WWE, yet crap on every little thing that sets them apart from WWE. And if TNA adopted the WWE style/formula, people would immediately shit on them for being the same as WWE. So basically, it's not something I fully understand.

TNA has a very different way of telling stories, different formulas, different rules, different styles, etc., yet "they are not an alternative" because they do not do things WWE's way. Am I the only person that thinks that makes NO sense?[/random rant]

The weird thing is that I always listen to the commentary, and at times am listening to the show instead of watching it while I do other things, so it gets through. But for whatever reason, maybe it's the rapid fire pacing of the program, or the fact that Tenay's voice never changes one iota and he is constantly talking, the actual things that he says never seem to stick.

Oddly, I always remembered things if West said them.

UncannyIowan
August 2nd, 2010, 1:18 AM
Yeah ok crucify the guy who through fault of being conditioned by standard pro wrestling rules for 20+ years I failed to hear all of these times they said the champion could lose by DQ.

I think that there are just rules that should never be altered. Why? Simple answer, no one I know thinks the result of Sting v. Abyss was cool, or beneficial to Abyss, or a legend like Sting for that matter. But again, they abolished the ruling so it's all goooooooood.

Steel-cage match not ending when they climb over the top to the outside is something I don't mind though. As long as it's not done all the time, then it kind of takes away the point of having the gimmick match right? Isn't the point of a steel-cage match to contain the violence in one area? Evolution in wrestling, one I give a thumbs up to.

Bert
August 2nd, 2010, 1:39 AM
you're being a bit of a snark and not really getting what he's saying. he's not defending AJ like they're buddies, he's defending the guy's desire to get a tattoo that honors his children and not have somebody on the internet deem it 'tacky or unnecessary' because they think it looks bad. it's not your place to say whether or not it's necessary, since it's not your body, your children or your sentiment.

That's why I said before "but whatever he's the one who has to live with it." This "it's not your place" stuff is garbage. I'm not going to sugarcoat it I'm going to say what I feel. I feel that the dates look fine but the AJ is too big.

UncannyIowan
August 2nd, 2010, 1:43 AM
On one hand I'm thinking why does it matter if someone wants to come on a message board and say they don't like something, but on the other hand, why can't someone come on a message board and bitch about someone else's post?

The problem I have I guess is someone trying to be all "don't say anything if you have nothing nice to say about it". What part of Candyland did I walk in on? Hopefully not that nasty ass lookin Gingerbread man square, that sucks.

Cewsh
August 2nd, 2010, 2:18 AM
That's why I said before "but whatever he's the one who has to live with it." This "it's not your place" stuff is garbage. I'm not going to sugarcoat it I'm going to say what I feel. I feel that the dates look fine but the AJ is too big.

That's fine. Nobody had any issue with you saying that or feeling that way.

Morrison
August 2nd, 2010, 3:23 AM

it's not garbage. you can think the design of the tattoo looks like shit(it does) but nobody had any issue with that. you calling it tacky and unnecessary is you just being an ignorant douchebag with apparently no ability to empathize with the sentiment, otherwise you'd understand why the man, or others, felt it was necessary and not tacky.

Morrison
August 2nd, 2010, 3:24 AM
On one hand I'm thinking why does it matter if someone wants to come on a message board and say they don't like something, but on the other hand, why can't someone come on a message board and bitch about someone else's post?

The problem I have I guess is someone trying to be all "don't say anything if you have nothing nice to say about it". What part of Candyland did I walk in on? Hopefully not that nasty ass lookin Gingerbread man square, that sucks.

no one said or implied only nice things should be posted. mth has shit on the tattoo without any backlash on him.

Bert
August 2nd, 2010, 3:40 AM
you calling it tacky and unnecessary is you just being an ignorant douchebag

Nah. Nope. No.

Cewsh
August 2nd, 2010, 4:06 AM
Ugh, you're getting to be as bad as Hero.

Morrison
August 2nd, 2010, 4:25 AM
Nah. Nope. No.
well this is sad.

hero never comes off as this desperate and douchey. i think bert has hung around me, hero and matthew too much and has picked up some of our less desirable qualities. he just doesn't know quite how to utilize them.

Cewsh
August 2nd, 2010, 4:29 AM
I will agree with that entirely.

It doesn't seem authentic coming from him. Like he's being a douche now because that's what all the big boys in the neighborhood do.

Bert seems cool, and I don't have an issue with him. I really wish he'd let this go here.

Kure
August 2nd, 2010, 4:32 AM
What are standard wrestling rules, though? We are talking about about a fake sport where rules are sometimes thrown out willy-nilly. You'ld think not having escape from the cage as a way to win was saying that you were going to call a goal 6 points in soccer and follow it up with a penalty kick. We can call the penalty kick and extra point.

WWE is like Jello. We have accepted that this is the way gelatin will look and taste because Jello has said it is so. There is other gelatin out there, but it must look and taste like Jello.

I remember things like no jumping from the top rope or no throwing your opponent over the top rope in WCW. Those were shit on. Why? Because they weren't Jello, and the no top rope thing cut down on some of the high spots people liked.

Speaking of which? Why do the refs count when someone climbs the top rope? Has anyone ever been disqualified for being up there for a five count?

ECDUB
August 2nd, 2010, 11:16 AM

Very well said, or should I say written? To further Vice's point, look at the criticisms things like the six sided ring and King of the Mountain match received. People believed the six sided ring and the King of the Mountain match illustrated a desperate desire on TNA's half to be different. People called the six sided ring too gimmicky and found the King of the Mountain match to be too confusing, when in actuality the King of the Mountain match wasn't that bad. Is every idea TNA comes up with a winner? Heck no! However, they aren't as bad as some people make them out to be.

Cewsh
August 2nd, 2010, 11:17 AM
King of the Mountain was actually a great idea that was a train wreck in practice.

Sort of the opposite of the norm for TNA.

The_Mike
August 2nd, 2010, 11:31 AM
Yeah ok crucify the guy who through fault of being conditioned by standard pro wrestling rules for 20+ years I failed to hear all of these times they said the champion could lose by DQ.

What? I don't recall anyone coming close to crucifying you, it was just pointed out a couple of times, and in a very nice and careful way by Vice in particular, that the rules were there already.

And Vice has a very good point - I frequently seem to miss the rules of these matches and complain something doesn't make sense, only to have someone else point out it was in the commentary. It really does seem like there is some quality to TNA that makes it hard to pay attention and retain their rules. Perhaps it is conditioning from watching WWE for 20 years that makes new or different rules less likely to stick, or perhaps it really is Tenay's never-ceasing voice, but I do actually listen to the commentary when I watch Impact and PPVs and don't purposefully try to ignore it or outright mute it like I do when I dare try to watch RAW.

The specific DQ rule, though, was something I remember them bringing up at times but they only pulled the trigger once, to favour a monster for some reason, and that's why I consider it a significant screw-up.

Vice
August 2nd, 2010, 12:58 PM
The specific DQ rule, though, was something I remember them bringing up at times but they only pulled the trigger once, to favour a monster for some reason, and that's why I consider it a significant screw-up.

I would look at it less like it is favoring a monster, and is instead giving a boost to someone who doesn't seem like they'd win the title in a more "credible" manner.

Think of it like Sheamus beating Cena in a tables match after Cena slipped, or someone cashing in the money in the bank/feast or fired contract. Plus I thought it worked fairly well in terms of Sting and his character, especially the irony of the whole thing.

UncannyIowan
August 2nd, 2010, 1:35 PM
What are standard wrestling rules, though? We are talking about about a fake sport where rules are sometimes thrown out willy-nilly. You'ld think not having escape from the cage as a way to win was saying that you were going to call a goal 6 points in soccer and follow it up with a penalty kick. We can call the penalty kick and extra point.

WWE is like Jello. We have accepted that this is the way gelatin will look and taste because Jello has said it is so. There is other gelatin out there, but it must look and taste like Jello.

I remember things like no jumping from the top rope or no throwing your opponent over the top rope in WCW. Those were shit on. Why? Because they weren't Jello, and the no top rope thing cut down on some of the high spots people liked.

Speaking of which? Why do the refs count when someone climbs the top rope? Has anyone ever been disqualified for being up there for a five count?

They were shit on because it limited the wrestlers in what they wanted to do and made the product feel really old because it took away things that made the product exciting to the fans and the wrestlers themselves. Bill Watts had a fucked up perception on wrestling, he was stuck in 1972 Southern-style wrestling that died when Jerry Lawler became the man.

I think the refs count because you're not supposed to use the ropes, sounds weird, but over the years that's what conclusion I've come to.

I would look at it less like it is favoring a monster, and is instead giving a boost to someone who doesn't seem like they'd win the title in a more "credible" manner.

Think of it like Sheamus beating Cena in a tables match after Cena slipped, or someone cashing in the money in the bank/feast or fired contract. Plus I thought it worked fairly well in terms of Sting and his character, especially the irony of the whole thing.

I thought it was terrible for Sting to lose the title that soon after going through almost a year long feud with Jeff Jarrett.

The thing with Sheamus, he wasn't credible, I mean he LOOKED the part, but his biggest win was a squash against Evan Bourne and this was a way to hot shot Sheamus to the level Triple H wanted him to be, and it made it so Cena didn't lose face by getting beat by essentially a glorified midcarder for the title. Had Cena lost clean it would have been even worse, to this day Sheamus being WWE champion is a bad move.

Abyss getting a credible title win over Sting would've meant way more than Sting losing the belt by DQ.....Then again, we're talking about TNA, who has given Angelina Love I don't know how many title reigns and only once did she actually pin/submit someone....and even then (the first time) i think it was some screw job ending.

Vice
August 2nd, 2010, 2:26 PM
I thought it was terrible for Sting to lose the title that soon after going through almost a year long feud with Jeff Jarrett.

The thing with Sheamus, he wasn't credible, I mean he LOOKED the part, but his biggest win was a squash against Evan Bourne and this was a way to hot shot Sheamus to the level Triple H wanted him to be, and it made it so Cena didn't lose face by getting beat by essentially a glorified midcarder for the title. Had Cena lost clean it would have been even worse, to this day Sheamus being WWE champion is a bad move.

Abyss getting a credible title win over Sting would've meant way more than Sting losing the belt by DQ.....Then again, we're talking about TNA, who has given Angelina Love I don't know how many title reigns and only once did she actually pin/submit someone....and even then (the first time) i think it was some screw job ending.

Sheamus looked the part but wasn't an actual main eventer when he got a quirky win. Sounds similar to Abyss, no? And Sting didn't lose face by losing the belt in such a manner to Abyss, yeah? I would also say that Sheamus has completely grown into a main event talent and is definitely worthy of the belt, but that's a different debate for a different day in a different forum. Plenty of people have gotten their first taste of glory in wacky ways. Sheamus, as mentioned before, and then guys like Edge and CM Punk, who cashed in their MITB contracts on defeated opponents. Their first wins were sketchy and opportunistic, and their reigns weren't groundbreaking by any means, but it catapulted them into the main event where they can forever be threats to the belt.

And of course getting a credible title win would mean more than through sketchy means, but if people don't buy into it or it hurts the champion, then sketchy is the way to go. Abyss absolutely destroying Sting would have put him over huge, but I think fans would have called bullshit on that.

Really, the whole Sting story was great. The execution wasn't what it could have been, but the concept was great. Sting feuds with Jarrett, constantly getting fucked over and losing his mind over all the bullshit in front of him. He gets his rematch and completely recreates himself, mentally and physically, and finally overcomes the shenanigans of Jarrett and wins the title. Then he loses his cool in the match with Abyss and in a giant ironic slap in the face, the heroic, honorable champ loses the title via a rule that was designed to keep the heels in check.

Again, it wasn't executed nearly as well as it should have been, but it is great storytelling on paper and lovely to have a beloved face get completely fucked over through his own actions.

ECDUB
August 2nd, 2010, 3:54 PM
King of the Mountain was actually a great idea that was a train wreck in practice.

Sort of the opposite of the norm for TNA.

Well, I guess that's a matter of opinion about the King of the Mountain match. I've never really had any big problem with the match, although I will admit hanging the belt only to take the championship back down three seconds later was kind of awkward. Still that slight awkwardness never stopped me from enjoying the match.

Cewsh
August 2nd, 2010, 5:08 PM
Bill Watts had a fucked up perception on wrestling, he was stuck in 1972 Southern-style wrestling that died when Jerry Lawler became the man.

By 1972, do you mean instead about 5 years prior when his shows had been kicking the living shit out of every other televised wrestling show in the world?

...this was a way to hot shot Sheamus to the level Triple H wanted him to be...

Ugh.

Glad to see you back, Uncanny.

Cewsh
August 2nd, 2010, 5:10 PM
Sheamus looked the part but wasn't an actual main eventer when he got a quirky win. Sounds similar to Abyss, no? And Sting didn't lose face by losing the belt in such a manner to Abyss, yeah? I would also say that Sheamus has completely grown into a main event talent and is definitely worthy of the belt, but that's a different debate for a different day in a different forum. Plenty of people have gotten their first taste of glory in wacky ways. Sheamus, as mentioned before, and then guys like Edge and CM Punk, who cashed in their MITB contracts on defeated opponents. Their first wins were sketchy and opportunistic, and their reigns weren't groundbreaking by any means, but it catapulted them into the main event where they can forever be threats to the belt.

And of course getting a credible title win would mean more than through sketchy means, but if people don't buy into it or it hurts the champion, then sketchy is the way to go. Abyss absolutely destroying Sting would have put him over huge, but I think fans would have called bullshit on that.

Really, the whole Sting story was great. The execution wasn't what it could have been, but the concept was great. Sting feuds with Jarrett, constantly getting fucked over and losing his mind over all the bullshit in front of him. He gets his rematch and completely recreates himself, mentally and physically, and finally overcomes the shenanigans of Jarrett and wins the title. Then he loses his cool in the match with Abyss and in a giant ironic slap in the face, the heroic, honorable champ loses the title via a rule that was designed to keep the heels in check.

Again, it wasn't executed nearly as well as it should have been, but it is great storytelling on paper and lovely to have a beloved face get completely fucked over through his own actions.

:yes:

I think it was a great plan, but Abyss was all wrong as the choice to beat Sting like that.

It could have done incredible things for, say, Daniels and it would have fit better.

Vice
August 2nd, 2010, 5:14 PM
It would have been insanely epic if it was Daniels. Shame they ended their storyline the way they did, because it was another lovely bit of creativity.

Hero!
August 2nd, 2010, 7:37 PM
it's not garbage. you can think the design of the tattoo looks like shit(it does) but nobody had any issue with that. you calling it tacky and unnecessary is you just being an ignorant douchebag with apparently no ability to empathize with the sentiment, otherwise you'd understand why the man, or others, felt it was necessary and not tacky.

perhaps he should have gotten LOVE LIFE tattooed instead. oo sick burn, m i rite?

you can not get to be like hero and be bad.

Nemephosis
August 2nd, 2010, 11:02 PM
There is no designated list of words. Since when are you allowed to disparage something with complete impunity from criticism?

If you don't like it, then that's fine and not my business. But saying it's "not needed" is pretty much not your business either.

Alright I've been away for the weekend, and I respect you and all, but I gotta ask what the fuck? You come in here saying "it's for his Goddamn kids, what is wrong with it" when clearly the reasoning was "it's too big and doesn't suit him". Honestly, there was really no need to be that way about it. Hey, I don't like it either, come bitch me out about for it too.

Cewsh
August 3rd, 2010, 12:11 AM
My issue was with the attitude most people were taking with it, but I probably overreacted.

I really don't care if people like his tattoo or not. It just bothers me that people would take something clearly personal and special between him and his children, and tear it down like he wore bell bottoms to the ring.

UncannyIowan
August 3rd, 2010, 1:41 AM
By 1972, do you mean instead about 5 years prior when his shows had been kicking the living shit out of every other televised wrestling show in the world?

Ugh.

Glad to see you back, Uncanny.

Bill Watts WCW=terrible. XPW terrible.

And I'm glad you're glad I'm back, my absence from the wrestling forums probably has something to do with you and your PMS-phase you've been going through.

Don't worry, I'm only here to bring you back down to a humane level of posting, you're negative posts are becoming boring and dated, let's show them how it's done my boy.

Yes, the Sheamus debate is a different thread/topic, but just an FYI, there's a huge difference between the 8 years Edge put in and the years CM Punk put in RoH and the WWE before getting those title opp's. They're not people that a few months before debuting Triple H and HBK put a circle around their picture and suddenly they're WWE and IC champions within a year. This translates to...

Abyss wasn't someone who needed that kind of win. You are 100% correct, ON PAPER, it made sense. Sting goes even more crazy than Abyss, costing him the title. This was almost similar to Kane winning the title, it was an unnecessary bump in Austin's title reign but I can see WHY it had to happen. TNA could have really used a strong title run by Sting, he didn't get anyone over because he had spent too much time in a boring ass feud with Jarrett, and then by the time Sting wins, he loses it in some stupid mess of a feud with Abyss....I can't see WHY it had to happen outside of what I said earlier about Sting going more insane than Abyss and it costing him pretty much everything he had worked back to the top for.

The bottom line, personally, I don't like when a title changes hands by DQ's or countouts or something like when Angelina won the title by opening a box or when she was handed the belt because the woman on the bike wasn't FOR SURE a member of the TBP. That's 100x worse than the DQ title change.

Cewsh
August 3rd, 2010, 7:41 AM
And I'm glad you're glad I'm back, my absence from the wrestling forums probably has something to do with you and your PMS-phase you've been going through.

Don't worry, I'm only here to bring you back down to a humane level of posting, you're negative posts are becoming boring and dated, let's show them how it's done my boy.

Well our opinions do grate on each other, that has certainly been proven. Ah well.

Less trolly, more ignory.

Cewsh
August 3rd, 2010, 7:43 AM
Yes, the Sheamus debate is a different thread/topic, but just an FYI, there's a huge difference between the 8 years Edge put in and the years CM Punk put in RoH and the WWE before getting those title opp's. They're not people that a few months before debuting Triple H and HBK put a circle around their picture and suddenly they're WWE and IC champions within a year. This translates to...

Punk and Edge honestly were not ready for that push inside of a year. Sheamus was, apparently.

Triple H and Shawn Michaels seem like great talent scouts.

Winkle van Tinkle
August 3rd, 2010, 8:45 AM
Punk and Edge honestly were not ready for that push inside of a year. Sheamus was, apparently.

The difference is that Sheamus is a 'monster'. They can't have him come in and mess about in the mid card for a bit, losing to the likes of Carlito and Johnny Shitchops because it will hurt him in the long term.

Whacking in him at the top, and getting the results against Trips, Cena etc etc will make him more believable as a big time player.

Big beast cunts who they have big plans for can't languish for too long. I can't think of many that have pissed about in the midcard for too long, except maybe Decaon.

Hero!
August 3rd, 2010, 12:24 PM
and tear it down like he wore bell bottoms to the ring.

how could that ever be a bad thing?

Bert
August 3rd, 2010, 2:36 PM
Source: Gerweck.net

-Dixie Carter posted on Twitter:
2 Cold Scorpio is confirmed for the HardCORE Justice PPV this Sunday. More names to come this week…as well as many surprises for the show.

-Tommy Dreamer Interview (starts after "Interview highlights courtesy of The Mayhem’s official correspondent, Paterson from New Jersey:")
http://www.gerweck.net/2010/08/03/dreamer-says-there-is-an-invitation-out-there-to-paul-heyman-on-sunday/
One thing though:
The Paul Heyman/TNA rumors & the “invitation” being extended to Paul for this Sunday night’s Pay-Per-View: “I have spoken to Paul, and there is an invitation out there. I would love for him to be there, but I understand if he’s not. He’s also doing stuff for Brock Lesnar. Paul is Paul, and if he does come in, I think he could definitely help. If he doesn’t, the business moves on without him. He’s very, very talented, and I think it would be cool to get people to drink his Kool-Aid again. If he does come to terms, I think it would be a good deal for Paul, and hopefully it would be a good deal for TNA as well.”
I don't think he will but I guess we'll see.

-AJ Styles Interview:
http://www.gerweck.net/2010/08/03/aj-styles-on-losing-to-rvd-being-the-face-of-tna-changes-more/
On Losing the Title to RVD
I definitely didn’t understand it. For the life of me, I couldn’t understand it. I was very surprised that I would lose that title after holding it for so long, and to somebody who has basically been out of wrestling for over a year, and was coming in from WWE. And he should have been tired from wrestling a match before that. It was like I’m not the star I thought I was. I guess I’m just a guy in TNA.
On the Changes TNA has Made
I think there are mistakes that have been done. Things where you have to look at it and realize you have to take a step back. There were some people brought in that I don’t know that we needed, but there are other guys I think deserved a shot.
I kind of feel bad for AJ.

-Jeff Jarrett wrote earlier today on his official Twitter page in regards to hints he was dropping about a “big surprise” about TNA…
“And I will state this again, the reason no hints for a while…a NDA (Non-disclosure agreement) was signed.”
From what I heard people thought it was Jet Beach Light.

-One match that was discussed for the 8/8 TNA HardCORE Justice PPV would have pitted long-time rivals Ric Flair vs. former ECW champion “The Franchise” Shane Douglas. Flair was approached about doing the match, but the “Nature Boy” rejected it.
Well, Shane didn't even want to join so oh well.

Dubya
August 3rd, 2010, 3:38 PM
NODQ.com is reporting that Samoa Joe has been suspended for "having a bad attitude" and they're apparently unhappy with his weight.
http://nodq.com/tna/282872023.shtml

Hmm .. why should have a bad attitude? oh right cuz he's been twiddling his thumbs for close to a year, doing practically nothing .. ?

takerson
August 3rd, 2010, 5:13 PM
Oh fuck me! Are you serious?! :bs:

Motherboy
August 3rd, 2010, 5:14 PM
:shifty:

He's certainly been eating.

jackielover144
August 3rd, 2010, 5:37 PM
NODQ.com is reporting that Samoa Joe has been suspended for "having a bad attitude" and they're apparently unhappy with his weight.

Hmm .. why should have a bad attitude? oh right cuz he's been twiddling his thumbs for close to a year, doing practically nothing .. ?

If this is true it is just sad. He will be missed by me because TNA has dropped the ball on him for a long time.

Forget his body for a second. It doesn't stop him from working and putting on one hell of a match. He can go. He is one of their best workers...but I just find it ironic how powers that be in TNA can throw us the Nasty Boys, Scott Hall's out of shape ass for months and well Joe you have a problem with. So odd.

Defrost
August 3rd, 2010, 6:09 PM

LOLTNA

Cewsh
August 3rd, 2010, 6:22 PM
So the best thing TNA has ever done is put on AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels.

They have now fired Daniels, alienated Styles, and suspended Joe, and handed the company over to ECW.

Fucking bravo.

I realize that these are all things to take with a massive grain of salt, but if it is one bit true then fucking fuck.

Hero!
August 3rd, 2010, 6:24 PM
:rofl: oh tna. oh you.

Bert
August 3rd, 2010, 6:29 PM
They have now fired Daniels, alienated Styles, and suspended Joe, and handed the company over to ECW.

Hey! It's not ECW it's E V 2.0. It's completely different! :shifty:

Cewsh
August 3rd, 2010, 6:31 PM
Holy shit, tell me that's not what they're calling it.

toady
August 3rd, 2010, 6:32 PM
So the best thing TNA has ever done is put on AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe vs. Christopher Daniels.

Fucking bravo.

I realize that these are all things to take with a massive grain of salt, but if it is one bit true then fucking fuck.
To be fair, you don't know how the guy acted.

The people paying his wage have final say over what happens on their show, so if he doesn't like something he doesn't have the right to throw a tantrum about it, no matter how talented he is.(or how correct his point was)

If this is true, then i'm guessing he has a pretty shitty attitude in the locker room in general, so i'm not surprised TNA haven't gotten all the way behind him for the major push his talent calls for.

Everyone is fine with Teddy Hart not having a job because he's an ass backstage, but when Joe does the same thing TNA are assholes who are fucking everything up.

The reports i've read said that people agreed with what he was saying, but the way he did it was childish/wrong. You don't reward people for actions like that because it sends the message to everyone else in the locker room that it's ok to have a sook and act unproffesional if you don't like something you're being asked/payed to do.

If(and it's a pretty fucking big IF) that report was true, well done to TNA management.
You've booked Joe like shit for years, but well done on the management issue.:beer:

Bert
August 3rd, 2010, 6:34 PM
July 26, 2010
http://www.wrestling-edge.com/tna-news/new-name-for-tnaecw-stable-rvdppv-match-update.html
- As of last night’s iMPACT taping, the former ECW talents are being referred to as “EV2.0″ (Extreme Version 2.0). Reports indicated that it was an Eric Bischoff suggestion.

:nono:

Cewsh
August 3rd, 2010, 6:35 PM
Wait, wait, wait.

Teddy Hart no sold people's finishers on live television, attempted to cripple people in ROH, and has no showed 85% of his career bookings, whereas Samoa Joe is whiny.

Not the same. Not saying Joe smells like roses here (though TNA has sodomized him for 2 years now), but that is not an apt comparison.

Cewsh
August 3rd, 2010, 6:37 PM
July 26, 2010
http://www.wrestling-edge.com/tna-news/new-name-for-tnaecw-stable-rvdppv-match-update.html
- As of last night’s iMPACT taping, the former ECW talents are being referred to as “EV2.0″ (Extreme Version 2.0). Reports indicated that it was an Eric Bischoff suggestion.

:nono:

It's better than getting sued I guess.

Not better than just not doing it at all, but better than being sued.

Hero!
August 3rd, 2010, 6:37 PM
Ok, i don't watch tna. whats all this ecw shit?

Cewsh
August 3rd, 2010, 6:39 PM
They brought in Tommy Dreamer to take over TNA's programming for a month and just book a random ECW PPV that has nothing to do with anything with all the old ECW stars.

All storylines are on hold, the majority of the homegrown wrestlers will be left off the show, and instead we're getting a PPV consisting of ECW matches called Hardcore Justice.

Hero!
August 3rd, 2010, 6:41 PM
Is dreamer the only ecw guy they have or have they brought in guys like raven, sandman, rhino, etc?

Bert
August 3rd, 2010, 6:48 PM
The current list of Hardcore Originals now set to appear at the Pay-Per-View is: Rob Van Dam, Tommy Dreamer, Mick Foley, Sabu, Raven, Rhino, Stevie Richards, Team 3D, Al Snow, Simon Diamond, Axl Rotten, Johnny Swinger and more to be announced this week! Stay tuned to TNAwrestling.com!Not sure why they didn't mention Sandman, pretty sure he's in.
2 Cold Scorpio was confirmed today, also.

toady
August 3rd, 2010, 6:49 PM
Wait, wait, wait.

Teddy Hart no sold people's finishers on live television, attempted to cripple people in ROH, and has no showed 85% of his career bookings, whereas Samoa Joe is whiny.

Not the same. Not saying Joe smells like roses here (though TNA has sodomized him for 2 years now), but that is not an apt comparison.
Not the perfect comparison(nor was i trying to defend Teddy Hart), but you get what i'm saying.

Fucked if i'd push someone who throws tantrums over such minor things that aren't up to him in the first place.

He's nowhere near as bad as Teddy Hart, but i wasn't suggesting the same punishment.
Teddys bullshit means he doesn't deserve a job. Joe's means he doesn't deserve the companys whole support in a push.

Like i said, TNA have booked him poorly but that's no excuse. If it's true(again, IF) then he seems to have gotten a fair punishment.

Cewsh
August 3rd, 2010, 6:51 PM
TNA was not going to push Samoa Joe anyway, and there is nothing to indicate that they ever were.

Hero!
August 3rd, 2010, 6:52 PM
The current list of Hardcore Originals now set to appear at the Pay-Per-View is: Rob Van Dam, Tommy Dreamer, Mick Foley, Sabu, Raven, Rhino, Stevie Richards, Team 3D, Al Snow, Simon Diamond, Axl Rotten, Johnny Swinger and more to be announced this week! Stay tuned to TNAwrestling.com!

Not sure why they didn't mention Sandman, pretty sure he's in. 2 Cold Scorpio was confirmed today, also.

:blah: thrilling.

Cewsh
August 3rd, 2010, 6:54 PM
Also, Rhino, RVD, Diamond and 3D already worked there.

Hero!
August 3rd, 2010, 6:56 PM
yeah rvd is cool and rhino is always great, but 3d look a mess and i couldn't care less about diamond simon. to be fair, i fucking hate ecw. well, extreme championship wrestling, i loved wwe's tuesday night show.

Cewsh
August 3rd, 2010, 6:56 PM
Honestly, I agree with you so much it aches a little.

Except for the part where Rhino is great.

Hero!
August 3rd, 2010, 6:58 PM
it's a good ache, just go with it.

rhino is brilliant. gore! gore! gore!

Bert
August 3rd, 2010, 6:59 PM
There's no way in hell it will be better than One Night Stand. (the first one) It's sad though because this just screams TNA. TNA meaning mediocre washed up wrestlers. :( I miss when TNA stood for high flying new stars.

Cewsh
August 3rd, 2010, 7:02 PM
Who wants to start an over/under on whether it'll be as good as December To Dismember?

Bert
August 3rd, 2010, 7:04 PM
Nevermind, I guess you mean WWECW since the original ECW one wasn't televised. I bet it does worse because they don't even have close to the fanbase WWE does.

virms
August 3rd, 2010, 7:07 PM
The original ECW was televised. It had a spot on TNN for a bit and it also had a very rarely seen weekly show. It came on in my area at 2 am on a Saturday night. :lol: But it was original ECW at its finest.

Vice
August 3rd, 2010, 7:07 PM
I can't remember which PPV it was, but I think it was AJ, Tomko (or Angle? Karen was out with them) and Nash against Joe, somebody (maybe Nash?) and Hall. Hall no showed the event and Joe got the mic, live on PPV. He completely shat on Hall, ruined Nash, crapped on all the older guys, and basically went postal on the mic, even going so far as to look right at Dixie and tell her to fire him if she wanted.

While he did put over the young guys like a motherfucker, and I loved the promo, it was definitely not the most professional thing to do. Considering he'd do that live on PPV in front of everyone, including his boss, well, it might show that he's even a bigger complainer backstage. Especially now that Hogan, Bischoff, the ECW guys, and everyone else seems to be getting more time and the entire company seems to be going in the wrong direction, while Joe, who is more over than God, doesn't have a ton to do.

I'm not defending TNA, as they tend to do handle a lot of things extremely poorly, but if Joe is constantly shitting on everything backstage and is dragging things down for everybody, then I can definitely see them smacking him around. Dixie does have that "you're either 100% for the company or you can go elsewhere" mentality.

So who knows what actually happened. That's if it's even true, too. There are a lot of reports saying that so and so is being punished etc and then they're on TV the next week. If it's true, it sucks, but I doubt that Joe is 100% innocent in all of this. He isn't exactly the type of person to just bottle things up.

Cold_Hearted_Truth
August 3rd, 2010, 7:10 PM
Joe been a bit better as of late (both physically & in the ring), but his work was shit for awhile & let himself go a lot during that period.

The probably didn't spoil Sandman being on the PPV to not spoil this week's Impact -- where I believe he appears.

takerson
August 3rd, 2010, 7:11 PM
Is dreamer the only ecw guy they have or have they brought in guys like raven, sandman, rhino, etc?

Dreamer, Raven, Rhino, Stevie Richards, & Mick Foley were the (kayfabe) originators of the idea.... and in real-life AND kayfabe-land.... Dreamer is booking the whole show and bringing in any and all ECW guys for one night only. It's just like One Night Stand, but without the official ECW initials.

Hero!
August 3rd, 2010, 7:14 PM
I can't remember which PPV it was, but I think it was AJ, Tomko (or Angle? Karen was out with them) and Nash against Joe, somebody (maybe Nash?) and Hall. Hall no showed the event and Joe got the mic, live on PPV. He completely shat on Hall, ruined Nash, crapped on all the older guys, and basically went postal on the mic, even going so far as to look right at Dixie and tell her to fire him if she wanted.

i remember that. joe was awesome that night. hall no showed that night, yet they still brought him back for this the band stuff. tna never learns.

Vice
August 3rd, 2010, 7:17 PM
Joe been a bit better as of late (both physically & in the ring), but his work was shit for awhile & let himself go a lot during that period.
Joe has been back to his old self for like a year now. The dude has always been fat, and even at his worst he was probably only like 15-20 pounds over his usual weight. He lost that a long time ago and has been especially great ever since returning from that van that abducted him.

I also think that when he was at his worst, it wasn't even all his fault. He sweated a lot more, but he also had really shitty attire that made him look like a joke, and he was constantly wrestling old fucks that can't move, like Nash. Of course he is going to be shit in the ring with cripples. They put him in the ring with Homicide one night in the middle of that awful period and while he did physically look worse than usual, he was still fast on his feet and wrestled a great fast-paced match with no problem. It's amazing what the right opponents (ie not dinosaurs) can bring out of him.

If they are unhappy with this weight, then fucking hell, they should go back and watch his matches when he debuted and was a wrestling god, because he was just as heavy.

Bert
August 3rd, 2010, 7:20 PM
The original ECW was televised. It had a spot on TNN for a bit and it also had a very rarely seen weekly show. It came on in my area at 2 am on a Saturday night. :lol: But it was original ECW at its finest.

I know, I meant the original December to Dismember wasn't televised. (the 1995 one)
I actually remember my Dad turning on TNN and ECW being on but I couldn't tell you what was happening. I just remember the logo.

Cold_Hearted_Truth
August 3rd, 2010, 7:35 PM
Joe has been back to his old self for like a year now. The dude has always been fat, and even at his worst he was probably only like 15-20 pounds over his usual weight. He lost that a long time ago and has been especially great ever since returning from that van that abducted him.

He's been pretty good since the van abduction (has that already been a year ago? Time flies).

The weight isn't noticeable, to me at least, unless his ring work sucks-- which I thought it did for a bit as he seemed to be going through the motions.

virus21
August 3rd, 2010, 7:41 PM
Update from PWInsider

As we mentioned earlier today on the Elite site, Samoa Joe was suspended by TNA. He was not happy after his match with Jeff Hardy and was vocal about it in the back after match. The problem that we were told got him suspended was that he went into the production truck during the broadcast to complain, which is seen as a breach of etiquette. The word I have gotten was that he will be suspended for about a month.

Vice
August 3rd, 2010, 7:47 PM
He's been pretty good since the van abduction (has that already been a year ago? Time flies).

The weight isn't noticeable, to me at least, unless his ring work sucks-- which I thought it did for a bit as he seemed to be going through the motions.

Nah, only a few months since the van. But it's probably been a good 10 months or so since Joe noticeably got better/more motivated/more whatever.

Update from PWInsider

If that's the case, then yeah, totally agree with the suspension.

Cewsh
August 3rd, 2010, 7:55 PM
I would be gung ho about the suspension if I didn't think he were so entirely right to complain about anything and everything.

Vice
August 3rd, 2010, 8:02 PM
He is actually lucky he didn't get fired on the spot for barging into the production truck. A lesser person would have gotten sacked for sure, I imagine.

Cewsh
August 3rd, 2010, 8:14 PM
It doesn't really seem like he cares much, really.

Zyphlin
August 3rd, 2010, 8:39 PM
Yeah, this is a weird thing...

On one hand, it sucks that Joe's suspended. Especially for something I vaguely agree with him on.

On the other hand, you just can't let people do that and get away with it. TNA management was in a bad position there.

Obviously people are restless in the company between AJ and Joe's news bites, and I find it really unfortunate because they're whose going to be needed in the long term for it to still remain viable.

Cewsh
August 3rd, 2010, 8:43 PM
I just can't imagine the kind of disappointment it would require to make AJ actually speak out against TNA.

Vice
August 3rd, 2010, 8:50 PM
AJ has shat on TNA a few times in the past. He's almost quit once or twice, though that was a number of years ago when he was still a pup. He also spoke about his disappointment with RVD beating him like the day after he lost the title, so it's not like it is breaking news.

Still, pissing off AJ is never a good idea.

jackielover144
August 3rd, 2010, 9:14 PM
TNA was not going to push Samoa Joe anyway, and there is nothing to indicate that they ever were.

I mean he did get abducted and when he returned they acted like we saw him last week. :lol:

jackielover144
August 3rd, 2010, 9:29 PM

While he did put over the young guys like a motherfucker, and I loved the promo, it was definitely not the most professional thing to do. Considering he'd do that live on PPV in front of everyone, including his boss, well, it might show that he's even a bigger complainer backstage. Especially now that Hogan, Bischoff, the ECW guys, and everyone else seems to be getting more time and the entire company seems to be going in the wrong direction, while Joe, who is more over than God, doesn't have a ton to do.

I'm not defending TNA, as they tend to do handle a lot of things extremely poorly, but if Joe is constantly shitting on everything backstage and is dragging things down for everybody, then I can definitely see them smacking him around. Dixie does have that "you're either 100% for the company or you can go elsewhere" mentality.

So who knows what actually happened. That's if it's even true, too. There are a lot of reports saying that so and so is being punished etc and then they're on TV the next week. If it's true, it sucks, but I doubt that Joe is 100% innocent in all of this. He isn't exactly the type of person to just bottle things up.

YouTube- Samoa Joe's Shoot From Turning Point 2007

This was an epic moment. And well the guy is out spoken but you know what also a lot more passionate about what he does than others it looks like. A month from now I hope Joe comes back like this. It would be awesome. And what he said was true.

Bert
August 3rd, 2010, 9:43 PM
YouTube- Samoa Joe's Shoot From Turning Point 2007 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCWh4Fi-wFc)

This was an epic moment. And well the guy is out spoken but you know what also a lot more passionate about what he does than others it looks like. A month from now I hope Joe comes back like this. It would be awesome. And what he said was true.

I've never seen this until now but I have one question, he mentions it was a live mic. Why didn't TNA cut it? That was pretty amazing though. Of course I realize it was unprofessional, but wow. :lol: at "are you mad? no go ahead and fire me I don't care"

toady
August 3rd, 2010, 9:47 PM
So? He signed the deal, so he's required to show up and do what they book him to do. If he doesn't like what they ask him to do and they can't negotiate an alternative, tough shit for Joe. He still has to act like a professional.

What's he going to do, go to WWE and be Joe Samoa for a season of NXT before he gets fired for saying he's "going to kill" someone on live tv?

...:idea:Yeah, only way this isn't dumb by Joe is if he's trying to get out of his contract. Otherwise bad Joe...very bad:mad:

Morrison
August 3rd, 2010, 9:53 PM
So? He signed the deal, so he's required to show up and do what they book him to do. If he doesn't like what they ask him to do and they can't negotiate an alternative, tough shit for Joe. He still has to act like a professional.

What's he going to do, go to WWE and be Joe Samoa for a season of NXT before he gets fired for saying he's "going to kill" someone on live tv?

...:idea:Yeah, only way this isn't dumb by Joe is if he's trying to get out of his contract. Otherwise bad Joe...very bad:mad:

he doesn't have to act like a professional. i very much doubt there is a clause in the contract that deems an employee has to act professional. clearly he's done what they've wanted him to do, for the most part. doesn't mean just because they pay him that he isn't allowed to shit on the people he works for, especially when he might've signed that contract under completely different circumstances than he's under right now.

you're basically saying that employees have no rights and are basically slaves for a wage that should shut their mouth and take it in the ass. thankfully i don't believe you are in a position to have or supervise employees, cause i'd feel very sorry for them.

jackielover144
August 3rd, 2010, 11:12 PM
I think the point Toady was making that he could have acted with professionalism. However, I understand your point as well Morrison. There has been times at work, life, etc.... where you are just really frustrated and enough is enough and you just blow up.

I think Samoa Joe is probably frustrated just as is AJ Styles seemed in that interview with PWI on their podcast and that isn't because they are just looking to cause trouble but because they care about what they do and have a passion that you don't see from some of the other people TNA chooses to push over them. I mean these are two guys that you could build the company around and I think it's just frustration over something passionate about

jackielover144
August 3rd, 2010, 11:14 PM
I've never seen this until now but I have one question, he mentions it was a live mic. Why didn't TNA cut it? That was pretty amazing though. Of course I realize it was unprofessional, but wow. :lol: at "are you mad? no go ahead and fire me I don't care"

You know Dixie must've been heated. She probably wanted to get hardcore :lol:

HHHnFoley_Rulez
August 4th, 2010, 3:37 AM
YouTube- Samoa Joe's Shoot From Turning Point 2007 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCWh4Fi-wFc)

Great moment.

2.33 in, Joe says "no matter how OLD they are" and Nash grabs his crotch directed at Joe and someone (Probably Karen?) shouts "QUIT BEING A CRYYYY BABY!" :lol: Gold, Jerry, GOLD.

As much as you can be against what your company is doing, to go out in public and shit on them, it's not what they pay you for. If you have a problem you go "through the system" - not to the press, or the fans. Is what he said true... yeah, probably is. Doesn't give him a free pass though. Same with AJ, he's gone a bit far saying it and you have to wonder if they werent Joe and AJ, would they still have a job at all.

Nevertheless, Tiki Joseph will be on NXT 3 - jobbing to Heath Slater and Eli Cottonwood.

The_Mike
August 4th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Going through the system in wrestling (and pretty much all companies) equates to shutting up and putting up with it. I don't think any employee is a slave obliged to shut the fuck up when a company is pissing on its workers and its own customers.

The situation in the video seems to have been by and large planned though. Carter may be rather reckless and at times seem outright stupid, but I doubt she didn't know roughly what would happen when giving Joe a microphone in that sort of situation, and of course they didn't cut the microphone. It was probably a hit she was grudgingly willing to take to help smooth things over with the audience due to Hall's no-show, which is actually quite impressive given how fragile promoter's egos tend to be.

Vice
August 4th, 2010, 12:16 PM
I'm sure they legitimately did tell Joe to go out and talk to the fans, but I don't think they were expecting him to go as postal as he did. And cutting the mic during his rant would have been disastrous for the company.

The_Mike
August 4th, 2010, 1:09 PM
I'd be surprised if Carter didn't expect him to say the gist of what he did end up saying. She had to have known how strongly he felt about it and what his temperament was like by then. Cutting the microphone may have been a bad idea, but it wouldn't be the first bad idea a promoter had to protect their sense of image.

nz19
August 4th, 2010, 1:41 PM
Nah, everyone in the crowd agreed with Joe and being who he is, and the work he's put in and the matches he's delivered gives him more clout and more right to say what he said than another typical wrestler might be able to get away with

I don't think anything he said was that out of line, it definitely gave the crowd at least in my case a much better feeling of getting something to replace Scott Hall not being there.

It also in my eyes boosted TNA's image by defining better what the promotion is about and who the real work horses and the voices behind the promotion are

Motherboy
August 4th, 2010, 2:12 PM
Yeah, the ones who are either unhappy, fired or getting suspended, apparently. Oh, and Eric Young, who's dancing with a mannequin in an admittedly hilarious gimmick.

Joe being suspended is fine with me. He hasn't done anything for me in awhile and it isn't just because he hasn't had anything to do. He just looks physically unimpressive next to guys like Pope, Terry and even Anderson. I don't know if that and entering a production truck (wtf?) is enough to suspend him for, but that's not my call to make. But AJ being upset with TNA is a huge red flag.

At the same time, what exactly was he upset about? The title being taken off him? I like RVD putting on dependable face performances at the top of the card. It isn't anything groundbreaking, but the crowd loves him and he's a fun champion you can easily get behind. AJ had a pretty good run. In hindsight, I liked almost everything about that run.

Bert
August 4th, 2010, 7:10 PM
-Dixie Carter has announced via her Twitter page that Brother Runt, CW Anderson, and the FBI have been added to Sunday’s HardCORE Justice PPV.

-To follow up on earlier reports regarding Samoa Joe being suspended by TNA for one month, The Figure Four Weekly Newsletter reports that TNA sent out an internal memo right after the incident happened two weeks ago. So this means it didn’t hit the internet until almost two to three weeks later.
Wow. :shocked:

Any kind of talk or discussion about Paul Heyman coming to TNA has been described has quieting down dramatically in the last few weeks within the company. The general feeling at this point is that he isn’t coming in. Given Heyman’s comments in the media about any interest in TNA, it really isn’t that surprising.
Nope, It really isn't.

-Team 3D’s contracts are up within the next month or two and the team is currently negotiating new deals with TNA. Neither Brother Ray or Brother Devon were said to be high on the concept of the ECW-themed Hardcore Justice PPV this month.
Good, at least some people in TNA have common sense.

And Dixie Carter's Youshoot LIVE was released today. The press release is long and I don't want to just copy and paste the whole thing but yeah, it's out.

Cewsh
August 4th, 2010, 7:55 PM
like RVD putting on dependable face performances at the top of the card.

What is dependable about them, exactly?

Three straight months with completely underwhelming main event PPV matches.

Motherboy
August 4th, 2010, 8:38 PM
:wtf: Half of his PPV matches for the belt have been against AJ.

RVD vs. Sting was worth doing simply for the fact they'd never met in a ring before. The Victory Road 4-Way was what it was. 4-Way matches are never masterpieces, especially ones involving Abyss and Anderson as a face.

I really don't see how anyone can take issue with RVD's run as champ. He should drop the belt to someone within the next month or two, but I think it's been a lot of fun.

And AJ's still featured pretty prominently. He's like TNA's Chris Jericho. Once he turns face on Fortune, he'll be the biggest face in the company again.

Vice
August 4th, 2010, 8:48 PM
RVD vs. Sting was worth doing simply for the fact they'd never met in a ring before.

RVD debuted against Sting.

Cewsh
August 4th, 2010, 9:06 PM
:wtf: Half of his PPV matches for the belt have been against AJ.

He's had three, and only one against AJ unless i'm quite mistaken. ;)

And that match was a fucking disaster. The Sting match was what it was and the four way was one of the most boring main events in recent years with a crowd that did not give one shred of fuck.

I am neither an RVD hater, or someone who unduly criticizes TNA's in ring prowess.

Motherboy
August 4th, 2010, 9:07 PM
Vice, you mean in the five-second match where Sting was up right after the pin? I remember that, but don't really count it.

Cewsh, the first match with AJ was both for the belt (as I specified) and the main event of a PPV (as you did). The one where RVD won the title.

At Victory Road, I figured the crowd was just burnt out from the excellent Lethal/Flair, MCMGs/Beer Money and Angle/Dinero matches beforehand. Even if the crowd wasn't into it, that can't be put entirely on RVD. He's got to be one of the three most over people in the iMPACT Zone.

I think putting the belt on RVD was a good decision. It puts the title around a bonafide main-event player who's still relevant and will give whoever beats him a rub. And it's fun.

Vice
August 4th, 2010, 9:19 PM
RVD won the title on Impact.

Motherboy
August 4th, 2010, 9:21 PM
Goddamnit. Well, what about when he main-evented Bound For Glory at the Astrodome vs. Judd Nelson. I'm getting that part right, yeah?

Cewsh
August 4th, 2010, 9:23 PM
Vice, you mean in the five-second match where Sting was up right after the pin? I remember that, but don't really count it.

Cewsh, the first match with AJ was both for the belt (as I specified) and the main event of a PPV (as you did). The one where RVD won the title.

At Victory Road, I figured the crowd was just burnt out from the excellent Lethal/Flair, MCMGs/Beer Money and Angle/Dinero matches beforehand. Even if the crowd wasn't into it, that can't be put entirely on RVD. He's got to be one of the three most over people in the iMPACT Zone.

I think putting the belt on RVD was a good decision. It puts the title around a bonafide main-event player who's still relevant and will give whoever beats him a rub. And it's fun.

I never said that RVD was a bad choice at champion or that he wasn't over, or even that any of it is his fault.

But seeing as all of his PPV title defenses have been shitty for one reason or another "dependable" really doesn't seem appropriate.

And as Vice said, you're mixing things up with the title win.

Motherboy
August 4th, 2010, 9:32 PM
What I mean is that he always puts in a solid performance, regardless of the end result. I guess that doesn't make the matches themselves dependably good, as I said in that first post, but I don't think his being champion is the issue.

But, again, I could do for some freshening of the main-event scene in a month or so. Get a heel in there in time for Angle to become #1 contender. Although I could enjoy a face vs. face, super-driven killing machine Angle vs. laid-back champ RVD match, as well.

Cewsh
August 4th, 2010, 10:27 PM
Honestly as the champion and the veteran, I expect him to be responsible for bad matches he has.

But yeah, things could be much worse.

UncannyIowan
August 4th, 2010, 10:50 PM
RVD v. AJ Styles was a very good ppv match.

RVD v. Sting wasn't bad for 2 guys who's styles somewhat work well but you could tell RVD was holding back. Maybe he wasn't, but Sting isn't Sting 1991 where he could launch over the top rope to the concrete and bump well. I definitely felt watching that match that it would've been better if RVD could hop in a time machine and go back to the surfer Sting era.

I think RVD has done a great job as champ and the position TNA has put him in. The only negative is that I feel TNA needs to focus on him MORE.

Kure
August 4th, 2010, 10:58 PM
He's a veteran, but has he ever been responsible for good matches? The guy has always been a big spot wrestler more than a big match wrestler. Honestly I can't remember a single match he has ever had where I can honestly say I thought he made it a good match. He sells like he got killed and he came up with some cool spots that we have all seen now a million times, but has he ever really had a truly great match?

Cewsh
August 4th, 2010, 11:03 PM
RVD v. AJ Styles was a very good ppv match.

RVD v. Sting wasn't bad for 2 guys who's styles somewhat work well but you could tell RVD was holding back. Maybe he wasn't, but Sting isn't Sting 1991 where he could launch over the top rope to the concrete and bump well. I definitely felt watching that match that it would've been better if RVD could hop in a time machine and go back to the surfer Sting era.

I think RVD has done a great job as champ and the position TNA has put him in. The only negative is that I feel TNA needs to focus on him MORE.

1. Since it was supposed to a be a big huge dream match, being a very good PPV match wasn't exactly enough.

Not that it was, in any way, a very good PPV match.

2. If RVD held back against Sting, then that doesn't make him very dependable.

3. Yes, more RVD would be good. Especially since he is now set to be the only member of the TNA roster who can still move around the ring.

Cewsh
August 4th, 2010, 11:04 PM
He's a veteran, but has he ever been responsible for good matches? The guy has always been a big spot wrestler more than a big match wrestler. Honestly I can't remember a single match he has ever had where I can honestly say I thought he made it a good match. He sells like he got killed and he came up with some cool spots that we have all seen now a million times, but has he ever really had a truly great match?

Not one that didn't involve a gimmick of some kind.

He and Jeff Hardy had some really amazing spotfests back in the day, though, and Eddie got a fantastic ladder match out of him.

Kure
August 4th, 2010, 11:08 PM
Not one that didn't involve a gimmick of some kind.

He and Jeff Hardy had some really amazing spotfests back in the day, though, and Eddie got a fantastic ladder match out of him.

But that was Eddie. Eddie got good matches out of a lot of people.

I'm not trying to knock the guy. RVD is good at what he does. But what he does we have all seen a million times now. All the matches I can think of that people always point to for RVD, they don't really seem to remember the match, just a couple of spots.

Vice
August 4th, 2010, 11:13 PM
He had a great match with Edge.

I also thought his match with Joe was pretty fucking excellent.

Kure
August 4th, 2010, 11:19 PM
I did like his match with Dreamer when they got rid of the Hardcore title.

jackielover144
August 4th, 2010, 11:20 PM
Yeah, the ones who are either unhappy, fired or getting suspended, apparently. Oh, and Eric Young, who's dancing with a mannequin in an admittedly hilarious gimmick.

Joe being suspended is fine with me. He hasn't done anything for me in awhile and it isn't just because he hasn't had anything to do. He just looks physically unimpressive next to guys like Pope, Terry and even Anderson. I don't know if that and entering a production truck (wtf?) is enough to suspend him for, but that's not my call to make. But AJ being upset with TNA is a huge red flag.

At the same time, what exactly was he upset about? The title being taken off him? I like RVD putting on dependable face performances at the top of the card. It isn't anything groundbreaking, but the crowd loves him and he's a fun champion you can easily get behind. AJ had a pretty good run. In hindsight, I liked almost everything about that run.

Joe being suspended because of what he did is fine. But the fact that TNA management is upset with how he looks...well have they not seen the guy before? He actually looks to be in better shape than he was when he was carrying that damn knief with the facepaint. And if its not effecting his in ring work why should it matter?

And has TNA seen their roster this year? You have one fat ass Dudley, bought back the Nasty Boys, Scott Hall...and Raven is out of shape...and wait until we get to see Balls Mahoney and a lot of these ECW guys like Sandman.

Because he doesn't have 6 pack abs doesn't mean anything to me. He's a fantastic worker and if TNA didn't try to reinvent him so often he would be just fine. Let Joe be the Joe that will kill you.

UncannyIowan
August 5th, 2010, 12:27 AM
RVD is one of the best imo. His style is very different and entertaining. Of course people will remember the spots, I don't even know if that statement was supposed to be ironic because isn't that the purpose of a "spot"? A key moment in a match being remembered isn't a bad thing. It's no different than Shawn Michaels doing a moonsault to the outside or Evan Bourne doing something outrageous.

Samoa Joe, this is a guy who I believe is one of the key players in TNA that seperate them from the WWE, like Sabu in ECW or Cactus Jack during his WCW run, Samoa Joe is in that category. When he comes back let's hope TNA realizes this guy is money, fans were 150% behind him and STILL want to cheer for him or they wouldn't disect his every move in the ring and creatively.

Kure
August 5th, 2010, 8:22 AM
Cactus Jack was never really utilized as a "WCW guy." His work was great, his promos were awesome, but WCW never seemed to want to bother.

Sabu was another guy I could never really understand the fascination with. He did crazy stuff that should have gotten him killed, and that was it.

The difference to me, between Shawn Michaels doing a moonsault to the outside and Sabu doing an springboard senton through a table is that with Shawn, I don't just remember the spot, I remember the match. Sabu, I remember the spot but couldn't tell you whether he won or lost, how the match ended, or even if I really cared. It was a big "HOLY SHIT!" and then that is it. The spot was the attraction, not the match.

I'm not saying that some people don't love that stuff, but to me, there is a reason that Shawn Michaels made millions in front of packed arenas and Sabu spent most of his career working in un-air conditioned gyms. People cared about Michaels. They didn't about Sabu (sorry Takerson).

The problem for Samoa Joe and AJ Styles, is that they have the wrong people there. It's the same problem as in WCW. There are people there who have the ear of management and they aren't best friends with them. So now they get to take a backseat to broken-down ECW guys and lazy, old WCW and WWE guys.

Instead of trying to build Joe and AJ as the face of the company, they would rather roll someone else's faces and someone else's feuds out to try to make some cash. Joe vs. AJ could have been the sort of feud you could build a company on like WCW did with Sting vs. Flair. Instead, you get CW Anderson.

jackielover144
August 5th, 2010, 10:57 AM
I agree with you on the point that TNA could have made both Joe and Styles the faces of the company. It is in ways almost similar to guys in WCW being overlooked continuously (despite the fact that they both have had their moments to shine but poor booking has ruined their respective reigns with horrible storylines although I actually think that AJ's last title run was well put together until they turned him heel and took the title off of him with no build up).

UncannyIowan
August 5th, 2010, 1:46 PM
1. Since it was supposed to a be a big huge dream match, being a very good PPV match wasn't exactly enough.

Not that it was, in any way, a very good PPV match.

2. If RVD held back against Sting, then that doesn't make him very dependable.

3. Yes, more RVD would be good. Especially since he is now set to be the only member of the TNA roster who can still move around the ring.

#3 made me laugh.

#2, what I was implying is that he knew Sting couldn't do what RVD could do against the likes of an AJ Styles for obvious reasons. Not everyone wrestles the same exact match, there are just things certain wrestlers can and can't do and you have to modify your approach. That actually makes RVD VERY dependable, that he's not a Bret Hart where he won't modify his style no matter how big, small, old, fast. I'd rather a wrestler who can work within the limits of a guy in his 50's than have it be a sloppy train wreck cuz Sting can't perform like he used to 20 years ago......

#1, AJ v. RVD was a dream match, and if you're not happy with it not living up to your personal standards or what you ASSUME is everyone elses standards for this particular match that's fine. Me personally I thought it was really good, not every encounter is going to be a 5 star match. Not even guys like Angle, HBK, and Undertaker can give you full satisfaction every single time.

UncannyIowan
August 5th, 2010, 1:57 PM
Cactus Jack was never really utilized as a "WCW guy." His work was great, his promos were awesome, but WCW never seemed to want to bother.

Sabu was another guy I could never really understand the fascination with. He did crazy stuff that should have gotten him killed, and that was it.

The difference to me, between Shawn Michaels doing a moonsault to the outside and Sabu doing an springboard senton through a table is that with Shawn, I don't just remember the spot, I remember the match. Sabu, I remember the spot but couldn't tell you whether he won or lost, how the match ended, or even if I really cared. It was a big "HOLY SHIT!" and then that is it. The spot was the attraction, not the match.

I'm not saying that some people don't love that stuff, but to me, there is a reason that Shawn Michaels made millions in front of packed arenas and Sabu spent most of his career working in un-air conditioned gyms. People cared about Michaels. They didn't about Sabu (sorry Takerson).

The problem for Samoa Joe and AJ Styles, is that they have the wrong people there. It's the same problem as in WCW. There are people there who have the ear of management and they aren't best friends with them. So now they get to take a backseat to broken-down ECW guys and lazy, old WCW and WWE guys.

Instead of trying to build Joe and AJ as the face of the company, they would rather roll someone else's faces and someone else's feuds out to try to make some cash. Joe vs. AJ could have been the sort of feud you could build a company on like WCW did with Sting vs. Flair. Instead, you get CW Anderson.

Shawn Michaels made more money than a lot of guys because he was the best of all time. Mic work, character, in-ring skills, maybe 5 guys are in his league. Sabu is a legend, and while he might not have the mega fanbase of a guy who spent 20+ years on WWE t.v. he's still a legend.

But keep in mind, what I was talking about as it pertains to Cactus Jack and Sabu is that when they were on top of WCW and ECW there wasn't anyone else like them in the WWF. Just like when you look @ the WWE, who even comes close to a Samoa Joe in the upper card/main event seen? Could you imagine Husky Harris being pushed like Joe is in TNA? Hell, Matt Hardy isn't even fat and he can't escape the conditioned mind of a wrestling fan.

Someone, idk who and I don't feel like backing out to find out, but someone said that Joe looks bad when standing next to guys like Rob Terry....what kind of shit is that to say? Petey Williams looks bad next to that guy lol.

Kure
August 5th, 2010, 3:32 PM
I don't mind fat wrestlers and honestly don't think we have enough of them. You know what is special about Rob Terry, no offense to Rob Terry? Nothing. He looks like every other meathead wrestler lacing up boots right now.

I'd rather watch Samoa Joe eat a jelly donut with a machete than watch Rob Terry do anything, and I really don't think Rob Terry is that bad of a wrestler. There is something old school about a guy that isn't ripped to shreds, and I like it. Maybe it isn't part of the "formula" that WWE runs off of, but like you said, Samoa Joe is something different than what WWE has, or even what WWE would do anything with. WWE's idea of Samoa Joe would probably look a lot like when TNA had him painting a penis on his face, running around speaking jibberish and calling himself Umaga Jr.

Tom B. Stone
August 5th, 2010, 5:41 PM
Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff seemed a bit distant from TNA at the last set of Impact tapings. They both attended their normal meetings but didn't seem as involved as they did up to a few months ago. Hogan will not speak out publicly about the ECW angle, but apparently he's really not happy about it.

Source: Torch Newsletter.

Cewsh
August 5th, 2010, 5:42 PM
Well yeah, it basically says that they don't think his direction is working.

Defrost
August 5th, 2010, 5:47 PM
7,500 PPV buys

Bert
August 5th, 2010, 5:48 PM
For which one?

Defrost
August 5th, 2010, 5:52 PM
That's the average of the last few.

Cewsh
August 5th, 2010, 6:04 PM
Which, suffice to say, is a big OOF.

Where'd the numbers come from on that, Frosty?

Defrost
August 5th, 2010, 6:08 PM
=
Where'd the numbers come from on that, Frosty?

It came from a due diligence into the company done around the time last month when they were trying to get Heyman to come in.

Nemephosis
August 5th, 2010, 7:43 PM
If they DON'T bend over backwards to get Heyman in, then frankly they could go out of business and I would probably say they deserved it. For as much shit as Dixie talks about wanting to expand and grow, she isn't really doing much of anything to accomplish that by letting Heyman stew here.

Cold_Hearted_Truth
August 5th, 2010, 8:32 PM
Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff seemed a bit distant from TNA at the last set of Impact tapings. They both attended their normal meetings but didn't seem as involved as they did up to a few months ago. Hogan will not speak out publicly about the ECW angle, but apparently he's really not happy about it.

Source: Torch Newsletter.

Dixie has too much of a heart to cut the cord with these 2 bozos. Reason #1 I never see this company being any sort of legitimate competition for WWE.

They should have cut ties after that Abyssamania bullshit. Better than average shows and then you end it each week with the absolute worst part of the shows (Abyss / Hogan coming down with a few shots....or better yet coming out for a 'stare down' on the ramp). All this for a guy that can no longer wrestle.

They turned Abyss into Dave Sullivan. And the ongoing nonsense about THE RING and its magical powers. Complete bullshit. Worst storyline in many many years in the business.

Everything Hogan's touched since leaving the ring has turned to shit.
--------------------
Maybe Heyman isn't the ultimate answer, but we know Hogan/Bischoff aren't.

Hogan's promos are freaking awful. Look at the passion with his promos in the 80's/90's and look at them now. He's a dead fish out there. No one believes his rambling nonsense anymore. He comes across as a salesman with every promo he cuts. Guess what Hulk, people can form their own opinions on the product, we don't need you telling us how great someone/something is. TNA isn't a Rent-A-Center commercial. TNA isn't the same thing as promoting a debt consolidation company.

That ECW/Hogan segment was all I needed to see. ECW guys in segment -- Hogan comes out. Paraphrasing: "Looks like you guys are going to ride again. I think that's pretty cool." (Seriously? Complete bullshit on his part. He wouldn't know cool if it slapped him in the face.)

"I get this hardcore stuff." (So Hogan knows hardcore? Gotcha)

"I had a black beard in the 90's (reference to HIS superior NWO group), but now I'll get to see this firsthand"

So for those of you at home -- Hogan knows hardcore. But however, because he was too busy drawing the big ratings with his more popular NWO group, he didn't get to see ECW first hand. Now he'll have the time to see what this stuff is all about.

Surprised more people didn't catch onto Hogan attempting to steal ECW's thunder during that promo. It was Hogan at his self-serving best.

It's simply amazing that some 10 years later, that another company is being robbed by the likes of Hogan/Bischoff. Un freaking believable.

Vandal
August 5th, 2010, 9:48 PM
Hogan is the master of kissing his OWN ass.:rolleyes:

The_Mike
August 5th, 2010, 10:29 PM
If they DON'T bend over backwards to get Heyman in, then frankly they could go out of business and I would probably say they deserved it. For as much shit as Dixie talks about wanting to expand and grow, she isn't really doing much of anything to accomplish that by letting Heyman stew here.

I don't think Heyman (or anyone) would be a magic bullet for TNA, but given the bowls of shit the TNA audience have had to swallow for the sake of Hogan and Bischoff, it really would be disgusting if she didn't do everything she could to bring aboard someone like Paul E. If she was so desperate to shake things up she'd bring aboard folk like the Nasty Boyz and Bubba the Love Sponge (losing people like Kong in the process), then she should be willing to give up an arm and a leg for Heyman.

Nemephosis
August 5th, 2010, 10:58 PM
I will agree that Heyman is not a cure-all, however he does at least seem to have his priorities straight, which is more than we can say for some in TNA right now.

Bert
August 10th, 2010, 5:50 PM

-Jason Powell of Prowrestling.net is reporting that a big angle is planned for tonight’s TNA Impact tapings in Orlando set to air next Thursday. The angle will involve Rob Van Dam having to vacate the TNA World Heavyweight Championship and a tournament will take place to crown a new champion. The tournament is set to begin at tonight’s tapings and carry over into next month’s No Surrender PPV on September 5. The belief at this point is that the storyline involving RVD vacating the title is due to his character suffering injuries from the big beatdown angle that airs this Thursday on Spike.

Yay. Give the belt back to AJ.

-Ring of Honor star Roderick Strong was backstage at yesterday’s TNA TV tapings in Orlando reports Prowrestling.net. Strong had last worked for TNA in early 2006. He was also part of the first ever TNA match that aired on Spike TV in Impact’s debut on the network back in October 2005 with AJ Styles.

:chin:

JRSlim21
August 10th, 2010, 9:59 PM
Yes! Just don't let him speak. When he speaks it reminds of the 1st time they gave Lashley a mic

HHHnFoley_Rulez
August 11th, 2010, 2:19 PM
After less than a year working together, Hulk Hogan has announced that he and Eric Bischoff are parting ways with TNA Wrestling.

Meetings took place this afternoon and Hogan wrote on Twitter.com/realHulk Hogan that it was a "mutual decision" between TNA and Hogan-Bischoff to end the relationship.

Hogan wrote:

"I know you've heard the rumors brothers and they are true. Eric and I are leaving TNA on a mutual basis. I just got out of meetings now."

"TNA has a new leadership coming in. Make sure you Hulkamaniacs still support them. TNA needs the power of Hulkamania to live on brothers."

Thank you Dixie and Bob Carter for the wonderful and positive experiences in TNA. Nothing but the best to you guys.

"Brothers, this isn't the last of me though. You'll be able to see me at "Hulk Hogan & Friends" events on tour soon."

Ironically, on Tuesday evening, Hogan wrote on Twitter, "Brothers, I get this question so many times. @TNADixie and I both love what we do, we get along great dudes. All the power to TNA!"

So Hogan and Bischoff are out - does this mean TNA might go back to pushing its old/own talent? This a good thing or a bad thing?

I wonder if they wanted out when they saw that they put on an ECW PPV and then hired half the people who appeared.

Bert
August 11th, 2010, 2:27 PM
Eric Bischoff responded to the alleged Hulk Hogan tweets that were posted on his Twitter account minutes ago about the two of them leaving TNA.

"The Hulk Hogan twitter posts are fake," Bischoff wrote. "Hulk IS in the process of setting up a page, but has not as yet. The rumors of us leaving TNA are bogus."

Bischoff went on to note that he would post the real info for Hogan's Twitter account soon.

Meanwhile, the tweets about Hogan and Bischoff leaving TNA have been removed from Twitter.com/realHulk_Hogan.

:(
Damnit.

Vice
August 11th, 2010, 2:32 PM
Swerve.

Dubya
August 11th, 2010, 2:36 PM
I wouldn't mind if they let Dreamer write some shit for them. He's always had a good mind for wrestling and could probably do some interesting stuff if given the ball.

GMH
August 11th, 2010, 2:48 PM
This is turning into one of the biggest farces i can remember in recent history.

Cewsh
August 11th, 2010, 2:59 PM
How so?

Winkle van Tinkle
August 11th, 2010, 3:22 PM
Its not as if Hogan said he'd off then changed his mind...it was just a fake account. Nothing farcical about it at all.

Defrost
August 11th, 2010, 3:46 PM
Classic case of LOLTNA

Vice
August 11th, 2010, 3:50 PM
Yeah, good one Frosty.

Defrost
August 11th, 2010, 3:53 PM
Would anyone think some kinda shift in office power was coming down based on twitter in WWE? No. TNA? Yes. Because all they ever do is say stupid shit on twitter.

Therefore LOLTNA I say.

Winkle van Tinkle
August 11th, 2010, 3:57 PM
LOLTNA isn't even similar to another word. You could just say LOLWWE.

Give up on trying to crowbar this into every message you make. LOLDEFROST.

Vice
August 11th, 2010, 3:57 PM
TNA? Yes. Because all they ever do is say stupid shit on twitter.

TNA? Yes. Because their detractors can be horribly moronic and will believe anything as long as it somehow makes TNA look silly.

Defrost
August 11th, 2010, 3:59 PM
TNA? Yes. Because their detractors can be horribly moronic and will believe anything as long as it somehow makes TNA look silly.

If Dixie Carter wasn't being a moron on twitter every fifteen minutes none of this would have been believable.

Winkle van Tinkle
August 11th, 2010, 4:01 PM
You're a mug for believing it LOLYOU

Vice
August 11th, 2010, 4:03 PM
If Dixie herself posted something like that, then yeah. Anyone can make a Twitter account though.

Vice
August 11th, 2010, 4:04 PM
You're a mug for believing it LOLYOU

DefrLOLst?

Defrost
August 11th, 2010, 4:09 PM
I had no opportunity to believe it since I was unaware of it until well after the debunking.

Deadman31
August 11th, 2010, 4:11 PM
TNA news:

The twitter account everyone (Including Dixie, Bischoff and other TNA empoyees) thought was Hogan's announces he and Bisch are leaving TNA. After a little bit of insanity, the owner of the twitter account reveals he is a disgruntled TNA wrestler who is mad about the direction of the company.

Some choice tweets:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fake Hogan
I am not Hulk Hogan, but I am a TNA wrestler who got Eric, BTLS, Jarrett, and Dixie to think I was Hogan.

AJ spoke out for us a little while ago and got ridiculed. Had it been anyone else, they would either be suspended or fired.

So I took it upon myself to use the "biggest name" to get our voices heard. It may seem like a pussy move, but try being in our positions.

@TNADixie Yes it's bogus, but @EBischoff himself is bogus. I work for you Dixie and respect you so much, but you've fallen off the wagon.

You need to wake up and realize who your true TNA troops are. I don't see Hogan or @EBischoff breaking a sweat.

I've bled for TNA, I've sacrificed for TNA, and I've put my family on the line for TNA... for what? To be pushed aside? It's BS

And you know it deep down. If things don't change, a couple of us are quitting.

I speak for a whole crop of men and women in the back. We're not happy.

Fuckin use Desmond Wolfe, use Homicide, use Hernandez, use Awesome Kong, us the people that brought you to the dance, @TNADixie

Then there's @EBischoff who runs his mouth saying he talks to talent when he's never spoken to me about the product once.

And I'm sorry, I love Vince Russo, but his time as a writer was long gone after he left the WWF. Demote him to ring crew staff, honestly.
http://twitter.com/realHulk_Hogan

Winkle van Tinkle
August 11th, 2010, 4:16 PM
Hahaha...as if thats real.

Vice
August 11th, 2010, 4:20 PM
Well, I believe it.

Cewsh
August 11th, 2010, 4:22 PM
As usual, Defrost has a point and nobody is bothering to listen because he's Defrosting it.

Regardless, there was every reason to believe this was true. Would it truly surprise anyone? And honestly that last bit about an disgruntled wrestler or something sounds like damage control. Why wouldn't they IP check the name through Twitter, seeing as this is a serious breach of workplace etiquette i'd imagine.

There's more to this than can easily be dismissed.

Winkle van Tinkle
August 11th, 2010, 4:31 PM
Why is there more to this? This is like when a wwe insider used to leak info to the observer or whoever it was and everyone assumed it was rvd, and it turned out to be bullshit.

It can be dismissed, because it's a non-story.

If you're listening to fake twitter accounts that have never been confirmed and accepting it as truth, then you're the fool, not the company.

It just sounds like a 12 year old member of the iwc. PUSH DESMOND WOLFE. PUSH HOMOCIDE!!

Vice
August 11th, 2010, 4:56 PM
My identity our identities will be revealed if @TNADixie doesn't call for a meeting and admits her mistakes. We will walk out.

"Our" identities?

...perhaps the people behind these shenanigans are... THEY!

Cewsh
August 11th, 2010, 4:58 PM
Ahaha. That would be great.

Zyphlin
August 11th, 2010, 5:09 PM
Frosty has a quasi-point, that also is rooted in the notion that because a company is embracing and using new technology that its automatically bad. Yes, the fact that TNA does announce things over twitter gives one slightly more reason to believe the Hogan tweet. At the same time, believing a tweet coming from an unverified source rather than say Dixies, which IS verified, is rather ridiculous. Would it happen in the WWE? No, but then again the WWE is not exactly that good at leveraging social networking at this time in part because they don't NEED to try and utilize alternative forms of promotion and advertising because the're already at the top of the mountain.

I also don't think this is a real wrestler, but some smark who simply is trying to keep this thing rolling a bit longer and continue to get attention. For example, is Awesome Kong even still "in the back"?

toady
August 11th, 2010, 5:16 PM
I'd bet it's Joe. He seems like the kind of person who would do something like this. Plus he's one of those "we were here first, we pwnz TNA" brigade.....but i still love him.

Cewsh
August 11th, 2010, 5:25 PM
What exactly gives you the impression that he would do something like this?

toady
August 11th, 2010, 5:31 PM
What exactly gives you the impression that he would do something like this?
YouTube- ‪Samoa Joe's Shoot From Turning Point 2007‬‎

Plus the story of his recent suspension, he strikes me as someone who would go way too far while trying to do the right thing.

I'm not trying to accuse him of actually doing it, just saying that if i had to pick someone....he's the one i'd pick.

You need to wake up and realize who your true TNA troops are. I don't see Hogan or @EBischoff breaking a sweat.

I've bled for TNA, I've sacrificed for TNA, and I've put my family on the line for TNA... for what? To be pushed aside? It's BS

And you know it deep down. If things don't change, a couple of us are quitting.

I speak for a whole crop of men and women in the back. We're not happy.

Fuckin use Desmond Wolfe, use Homicide, use Hernandez, use Awesome Kong, us the people that brought you to the dance
Maybe it's just me, but it struck me as a possibility.

Defrost
August 11th, 2010, 5:39 PM
Frosty has a quasi-point, that also is rooted in the notion that because a company is embracing and using new technology that its automatically bad. Yes, the fact that TNA does announce things over twitter gives one slightly more reason to believe the Hogan tweet. At the same time, believing a tweet coming from an unverified source rather than say Dixies, which IS verified, is rather ridiculous. Would it happen in the WWE? No, but then again the WWE is not exactly that good at leveraging social networking at this time in part because they don't NEED to try and utilize alternative forms of promotion and advertising because the're already at the top of the mountain.

I also don't think this is a real wrestler, but some smark who simply is trying to keep this thing rolling a bit longer and continue to get attention. For example, is Awesome Kong even still "in the back"?

Promoting anything on the internet has never worked past a certain niche. Say around 7,500. Strong tv is what gets you to draw. Such as UFC.

Deadman31
August 11th, 2010, 6:36 PM
Why is there more to this? This is like when a wwe insider used to leak info to the observer or whoever it was and everyone assumed it was rvd, and it turned out to be bullshit.

It can be dismissed, because it's a non-story.

If you're listening to fake twitter accounts that have never been confirmed and accepting it as truth, then you're the fool, not the company.

It just sounds like a 12 year old member of the iwc. PUSH DESMOND WOLFE. PUSH HOMOCIDE!!

I thought Bischoff had previously confirmed that this was Hogans twitter? I really dont know what is going on.

HHHnFoley_Rulez
August 11th, 2010, 7:17 PM
So they're both staying?

*sigh*

Worst. Swerve. Ever.

Nemephosis
August 11th, 2010, 7:20 PM
I thought Bischoff had previously confirmed that this was Hogans twitter? I really dont know what is going on.

He endorsed it without asking Hogan if that was it or not. In short, he's an idiot who the next time whines about "inaccurate internet reporters" can just be redirected to this little incident of "yeah, but you're an idiot who sent out an inaccurate report too."

V-Line
August 11th, 2010, 7:45 PM
So, that Joe video up there was quite epic....did he get in much shit for those comments. I'm sure Big Kev wasn't happy taking a verbal beating like that.

I only remember that situation vaguely, can someone fill in the gaps...

mth
August 11th, 2010, 8:04 PM
Pretty sure that fake Hogan account is just some smark TNA fan.

Zyphlin
August 11th, 2010, 9:13 PM
Its kind of sad, but if they wanted to go with a "young" vs "old" type of thing they tried so many times, THAT would've been a far better kick off and a far better basis and foundation for it than anything their writers were continually trying to hack together.

toady
August 11th, 2010, 10:17 PM
Pretty sure that fake Hogan account is just some smark TNA fan.
Probably, but it's a lot more fun to speculate and talk nonsense......maybe it was AJ Styles:shifty:

Deadman31
August 11th, 2010, 10:27 PM
looks like TNA took over the hogan twitter account

http://twitter.com/realHulk_Hogan

and the previous anonymous/mystery person has a new account

http://twitter.com/TNAnonymous

The_Mike
August 11th, 2010, 11:16 PM
Hulk Hogan JOINS TWITTER tomorrow during IMPACT! on SPIKE!

... Defrost really does have a point. I honestly am having trouble deciding whether or not TNA would actually hype a man joining twitter on TV.

takerson
August 11th, 2010, 11:19 PM
This is some intense shit.

I was convinced it was Samoa Joe... but he was never at "the fairgrounds in 2002". Unless that's to throw everyone off... Maybe Kazarian?

Vandal
August 12th, 2010, 1:23 AM
Sting and Nash?:lol:

Cold_Hearted_Truth
August 12th, 2010, 1:43 AM
... Defrost really does have a point. I honestly am having trouble deciding whether or not TNA would actually hype a man joining twitter on TV.

After months and months of Hogan coming out plugging TNA in the ring like a Rent-A-Center commercial, it'd hardly be surprising to me.

Hogan will go to the ring and ramble about anything. Anything for the air-time. (Best of all was him coming to the ring during with the ECW guys in the ring. And stealing their thunder before the PPV ....and putting over his NWO group in the 90's when he had a black beard).

Wavell_Starr_Fan
August 12th, 2010, 1:56 AM
I'd say there is no way that little comment is from a TNA wrestler.

"Use Desmond Wolfe..................becauses he one of the guys who brought you?" I don't think so. Desmond has been in TNA for what?... maybe a year at this point iirc.

If they want to name drop guys who helped build the company I'd say Styles, Abyss, Sabin, Shelley, 3/4 of team Canada, James Storm, Christopher Daniels and a bunch more I'm forgetting need to be given credit over Desmond Wolfe.................

That sounds like a fan comment to me.

Sparky
August 12th, 2010, 2:27 AM
Maybe its Wavell Starr.

Vice
August 12th, 2010, 2:48 AM
Better get KANE to find out who it is lololololol.

But really, let's not kid ourselves, because we all know who it is.

http://www.sharkboy.net/images/gallery/tna4.jpg