June 8th, 2010, 4:16 PM
YouTube- MORTAL KOMBAT

Michael Jai White, Jery Ryan...

Pablo Diablo
June 8th, 2010, 4:33 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/08/mortal-kombat-rebirth-footage-gets-over-here/

This looks amazing. Whatever it is.

Good shout.

But really this must be becoming a movie, why else would they get those people.

The Masked Jobber
June 8th, 2010, 4:50 PM
That looks awesome, I hope this is a movie?

Fro
June 8th, 2010, 4:57 PM
Awesome.

Hero!
June 8th, 2010, 5:04 PM
Woah, Matt Mullins as Johnny Cage!

Dodgy Browne
June 8th, 2010, 5:44 PM
Haha, this is great stuff. It's more like Saw meets Mortal Kombat.
Brilliant.

I really did expect the first guy to be Baraka, cause he really looked like him. Why make him Reptile? The actual Baraka didn't really look like the REAL Baraka. .... Baraka. What an awesome yet unplayable character he was.

Here some more info:
A viral video has hit today that's spreading like wildfire because it plays like a trailer for Warner Bros. upcoming reboot of the "Mortal Kombat" franchise.

This professionally made clip starring Michael Jai White and Jeri Ryan also includes multiple decapitations, cannibalism, mutated people and a much darker and grittier sense to it than the previous two fantasy/action films based on the video game.

As for its origins? The clip first emerged on YouTube under the name 'MortalKombatRebirth' and is apparently a proof-of-concept reel that film director Kevin Tancharoen ("Fame") put together with the help of fight sequence co-ordinator Larnell Stovall ("Undisputed III").

So how long till the movie?
And how long till the game based on the movie?

Dubya
June 8th, 2010, 6:04 PM
Fuck. Yes.

Mark84j
June 8th, 2010, 6:07 PM
Wow that looks . . . suprisingly good! :yes:

EDIT. If they play Fear Factory's "Zero Signal" during this, I will literally become 12 years old again.

Bill Casey
June 8th, 2010, 6:07 PM
and is apparently a proof-of-concept reel

So it's a pitch for a movie...
Interesting...

I like it...

Reptile is like how I imagine Killer Croc would be in the Nolan Batmaniverse...

Jimmy Zero
June 8th, 2010, 7:12 PM
Wow, that was really really awesome.

Kev
June 9th, 2010, 12:44 AM
That was unbelievably awesome.

mth
June 9th, 2010, 1:42 AM
So it's a pitch for a movie...
Interesting...

I like it...

Reptile is like how I imagine Killer Croc would be in the Nolan Batmaniverse...

Newf posted this to his Facebook and I commented "Reptile= Killer Croc".

But yep, gotta go with 'awesome' on this. Very cool twist on the characters, really dig it and would love to see a full-blown movie like that.

Anaconda Sniper
June 9th, 2010, 1:45 AM
Bad ass.

grimshaw
June 9th, 2010, 2:37 AM
Really super. If I was guessing it'd be a movie, but.....this would play really well as a series I think?

Mark84j
June 9th, 2010, 2:43 AM
After watching Black Dynamite, I can't help but grin every time I see Michael Jai White.

The Masked Jobber
June 9th, 2010, 3:04 AM
Here's a screencap of Sub-Zero from the video:
http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/comment/9/2010/06/e35a678bc94e44a64726e29bbb0e286b/340x.jpg

Which looks to be a flipped and tinted version of this image:
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=133717?

Original Z-Brush Thread Here:
http://www.zbrushcentral.com/showthread.php?t=69054&page=21&pp=15

Mortal Kombat is a movie franchise that has been missing one thing - the blood and guts that we all loved from the video games.

Now it looks as if we're going to finally get the rated 'R' reboot we fans deserve. Kotaku has the first look at the Mortal Kombat test video shot for Warner Brothers to get funding for a full blown hard 'R' MK movie. Yes, this is the direction they plan on going for the Mortal Kombat reboot. And I've got the exclusive goods on who played who.

* The short was directed by Kevin Tancharoen, who did the remake of Fame last year. Judging from this short, Kevin is the perfect director for this movie.

* Jacks is played by Michael Jai White. Michael played Spawn and was in Undisputed II. Michael makes a great Jacks (Jax).

* Sonya Blade is played by Jeri Ryan, who played Seven of Nine in Star Trek: Voyager.

* Baraka was played by the very talented Lateef Crowder, who plays the Brazilian fighter in Undisputed III.

* Scorpion is played by Ian Anthony Dale. Ian plays Kazuya in the upcoming big screen version of Tekken.

* Johnny Cage was played by up and coming martial arts sensation Matt Mullins.

* Still working on who played Reptile. Will update when I find out.

* The fight choreography was done by Larnell Stovall. Larnell did the fight choreography for Undisputed III and is one of the best fight choreographers in the business. You want to see the fights you deserve? Then you fans should DEMAND he be the guy in one charge for this reboot. Click HERE to read the exclusive interview I did with Larnell.

* I know who might be playing Sub-Zero, but don't want to mention it in case it screws something up. He'd be perfect for the part.

kangus
June 9th, 2010, 3:05 AM
In regards to the first two Mortal Kombat movies, how can you improve upon perfection?

The Masked Jobber
June 9th, 2010, 3:12 AM
Haha.

The first one is awesome but I suspect only because of nostalgia.

Those were five hundred dollar sunglasses, asshole!

This movie looks like Mortal Kombat was raped by Saw and gave birth to some sort of mutated, fucked up serial killing cannibal baby. I am seriously hard for it.

radon
June 9th, 2010, 4:28 AM
First one was Pimp.

Second was up there with Starship Troopers 3. Ugh.

I really hope this gets made.

Beer-Belly
June 9th, 2010, 7:16 AM
Damn. That was a lot better than I expected.

Fanny
June 9th, 2010, 7:57 AM
can we focus a bit here lads and discuss how awesome Jeri Ryan will look in full Sonya Blade get-up? JESUS

PMBR
June 9th, 2010, 8:09 AM
I am still drooling over this. I watched it 15 minutes after Newfy posted it and have seriously been unable to come up with words that accurately describe how psyched I am.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 9th, 2010, 12:13 PM
Looks good, a proper Mortal Kombat film would be the business. I prefer all the "other dimension" stuff, you need Goro in there and Baraka being from another planet. But maybe they do have it in mind what with Scorpion being dead. It's got to have Raiden, Liu Kang and Kano.

PMBR
June 9th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Yeah. Raiden might be hard to replicate if they remove the supernatural elements from the story. Kang and Kano are easy to do.

JP
June 9th, 2010, 12:27 PM
That was bloody brilliant.

PMBR
June 9th, 2010, 12:58 PM
That video had less than 90,000 views when YouTube got updated. It now has almost 900,000.

jesus sucks
June 9th, 2010, 1:16 PM
seen a fair few people linking to this all over the social networks and forums. can't help thinking that with the exception of Reptile, what is so good about it?

El Capitano Gatisto
June 9th, 2010, 1:18 PM
Possible new Mortal Kombat film. Scorpion.

The Masked Jobber
June 9th, 2010, 1:18 PM
seen a fair few people linking to this all over the social networks and forums. can't help thinking that with the exception of Reptile, what is so good about it?

You're such a negative little worm since you came back, aren't you?

Mark84j
June 9th, 2010, 1:23 PM

Do you accept eating poo poo?

Fanny
June 9th, 2010, 1:32 PM
Jeri Ryan's tits all over the place. Please

Newf
June 9th, 2010, 1:37 PM
Yup. Sex scene. Please.

And just in case anyone wasn't sure, Jeri Ryan's confirmed on her Twitter what's been posted in here earlier:

http://twitter.com/JeriLRyan

- Okay, so... Mortal Kombat.
- It's not a game trailer. Actually was made for the director to sell WB on his vision for a reimagined MK film.

Bill Casey
June 9th, 2010, 1:46 PM
I like how the name on the door is Jackson, and the "on" is faded, so it says "Jacks"...

I also like the movie poster transition, and the split second we get to see Sub Zero...

Bill Casey
June 9th, 2010, 1:50 PM
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a338/Billcasey247/subzero.jpg

Sub-Zero

The Masked Jobber
June 9th, 2010, 1:54 PM
Already posted it you slow fuck.

Matty C
June 9th, 2010, 1:58 PM
The kids that grew up loving the MK series are now all in their 20’s and 30’s. This is really the perfect time to come out with a darker, more adult film version of the game. I would be there opening night…

PMBR
June 9th, 2010, 2:36 PM
I'll be there without question. If this is actually done as a way to sell the idea to Warner Brothers, they'd be fools not to take it. Keep in mind that a million people have watched this trailer and it's one of the most talked about things on the web. Curiosity alone would make them $100 Million

Newf
June 9th, 2010, 2:38 PM
Keep in mind that a million people have watched this trailer and it's one of the most talked about things on the web.

In 2 days. Yeah.

PMBR
June 9th, 2010, 2:42 PM
I think it's still been less than 24 hours.

Mark84j
June 9th, 2010, 2:43 PM
It's the topic of discussion on other board I'm a part of.

Newf
June 9th, 2010, 2:44 PM
Also, I love how Baraka gets around on all fours at times.

And the delivery of
"Sub Zero."
"That man is dead."

then the head snap when she says they were taken yesterday.

Mr McGregor
June 9th, 2010, 2:47 PM
At first I was a bit miffed with Baraka's character development. In the games I'm sure the Tarkatan was a breed of humanoids, of which Mileena is also a part of, rather than a self-modified individual weirdo. Though I guess if Mileena was introduced as a character the body-modification thing could work for her also.

Yay

PMBR
June 9th, 2010, 2:48 PM
Someone else tht knows the word Tarkatan! I think I just found my internet bff.

Mr McGregor
June 9th, 2010, 2:53 PM

:D

I just like how it sounds.

P.S. I will totally fuck you.

The Masked Jobber
June 9th, 2010, 3:36 PM
Take it outside please gents.

Bill Casey
June 9th, 2010, 4:04 PM

Like it's obscure or something...
OMG, Somebody knows about the Tarkatans in a Mortal Kombat thread...

Pablo Diablo
June 9th, 2010, 4:05 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2010/02/19/rumored-third-mortal-kombat-movie-hits-legal-snag/

This might be a problem. It's from way back in Feb though so it might have changed.

Bill Casey
June 9th, 2010, 4:07 PM
The picture and last line are fantastic...

Be right back, I'm going to go into the Star Trek threads and see if anyone knows about Klingons...

Newf
June 9th, 2010, 4:09 PM
:heart: Bill.

PMBR
June 9th, 2010, 4:29 PM
Sorry there fella but I call bullshit. The majority of Mortal Kombat fans couldn't tell you Barakas race if you asked.

I would understand your retort if my reaction es regarding something basic like Outworld or Motaro but this room has had plenty of casual fans instead or die-hards.

KorruptJustice
June 9th, 2010, 4:31 PM
Okay, I'm pretty excited about this. That video was awesome, although I wish we could have seen a couple more characters. As much as I love the first two (and I do, although the second one in more of a "so bad it's good" kind of way) this has the potential to blow them away.

It's a pity that the guy who played Kano in the first one is dead. He's about the only cast member I'd love to see come back and reprise his role.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 9th, 2010, 5:17 PM
I would go to see any Mortal Kombat film. I honestly wouldn't be pleased if they kept it "normal" and did not have the fantastical elements. Mortal Kombat the game basically ripped off Big Trouble in Little China fairly heavily, so they can still set in a city with some mysterious goings-on and get Jack Burton in to win Mortal Kombat.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 9th, 2010, 5:21 PM
I wouldn't have been as happy with the trailer had they're not been the hints at the end that Scorpion is a demonic being.

Mik
June 9th, 2010, 5:32 PM
I'd see it based off that. The story was always the best part of Mortal Kombat.

Mr McGregor
June 9th, 2010, 6:42 PM
It's as though they're attempting to find realistic alternatives to create the Mortal Kombat characters, and the surviving harlequin baby for Reptile is a fine idea, but how far can they realistically go with developing the other characters that are based on their varying origins within other mystical realms and their reasons for competing in a survival determining inter-planetary fighting tournament?

I'm really looking forward to this.

PMBR
June 9th, 2010, 9:55 PM
Hard to explain:
Raiden (protector of Earthrealm)
Goro (four-armed alien)
Shang Tsung (ability to morph)

Newf
June 9th, 2010, 10:03 PM
I don't know if it's been mentioned here but it's very Nolan's Batman-esque. I like.

But yeah, some of the characters...

I mean, how do you do Sub-Zero's abilities? He's got some device rigged to spray liquid nitrogen? And can Scorpion still set people on fire. He's still got his "GET OVER HERE" though, which is KIND of fancy. Even Kano's eye is a bit iffy.

Someone else mentioned (I'm thinking in the comments of one of the many blogs that posted this) that Baraka having all these piercings is a bit silly given not one seemed to get ripped out, though I assume that could easily happen... and I imagine he'd likely be indifferent to it. They did say he went nuts, probably likes the pain or hops himself up on drugs so he doesn't feel pain.

radon
June 9th, 2010, 11:42 PM
But yeah, some of the characters...

I mean, how do you do Sub-Zero's abilities? He's got some device rigged to spray liquid nitrogen? And can Scorpion still set people on fire. He's still got his "GET OVER HERE" though, which is KIND of fancy. Even Kano's eye is a bit iffy.

Easy enough as you said. Put canisters of liquid nitrogen on his arms and he can spray when he wants. They had Baraka surgically attach blades to his arms. Scorpion can still easily set people on fire - flamethrowers etc? Kano could have lost vision in one eye but had breakthrough surgery that allows him to see through a camera that uses infrared beams to give the red look? I dunno, theres alot of potential from what I can see.

Andru
June 10th, 2010, 11:59 PM
This whole re-imagining of the MK concept is brilliant !!!!

Really enjoyed that pitch, however I bet we never see it come to light. Which is such a shame because it looks like it would be awesome!

Newf
June 11th, 2010, 12:07 AM
Mates, this thing has gotten over 2,300,000 views.

grimshaw
June 11th, 2010, 12:15 AM
I think that by the time they can make a whole film, though, some of that buzz will be lost. I can't imagine this hitting before 2012 at the earliest.

Mark84j
June 11th, 2010, 12:38 AM
I think that by the time they can make a whole film, though, some of that buzz will be lost. I can't imagine this hitting before 2012 at the earliest.

This was filmed in well less than a week.

Also, Jeri Ryan has posted on twitter (I tihnk) that this will in fact get picked up.

Zyphlin
June 11th, 2010, 1:31 AM
The Short was great and I'd love to see a full movie. On top of that they were smart and actually are capitalizing by making arguably the most popular character the main focus

Kdestiny
June 11th, 2010, 2:28 AM
I messed myself :(

Andru
June 11th, 2010, 7:34 AM
This was filmed in well less than a week.

Also, Jeri Ryan has posted on twitter (I tihnk) that this will in fact get picked up.

Was this more recent? Because I remember her posting on twitter that she nor anybody else knew what reaction WB had to the mini film.

PMBR
June 11th, 2010, 8:10 AM
Now, are we to assume that a script for a full length movie is made? I mean, isn't it possible that the concept of the movie is really all that's been made so far and they filmed a short scene to summarize the movie?

Fanny
June 11th, 2010, 9:10 AM
yeah I think it was just proof of concept. It struck me as a bit of a summary/overview as well rather than a direct lift from a finsihed script

PMBR
June 11th, 2010, 9:14 AM
However, I'm really curious how much money they put into that video if this isn't even a green-lit project. I can't imagine they would have wasted the money for the helicopter shot that didn't really add anything if they are paying for it out of their own pockets. Not to mention how much they had to spend on special effects and makeup.

Pablo Diablo
June 11th, 2010, 10:19 AM
$7,500 to make with a lot of the crew donating their time.

http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/06/10/full-details-on-kevin-tancharoens-mortal-kombat-rebirth/

Mark84j
June 11th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Made withe Red One cameras. Lordy lord how I'd kill for one of those babies.

Mik
June 11th, 2010, 12:35 PM
Now, are we to assume that a script for a full length movie is made? I mean, isn't it possible that the concept of the movie is really all that's been made so far and they filmed a short scene to summarize the movie?

Yeah.

However, I'm really curious how much money they put into that video if this isn't even a green-lit project. I can't imagine they would have wasted the money for the helicopter shot that didn't really add anything if they are paying for it out of their own pockets. Not to mention how much they had to spend on special effects and makeup.

Thats just what they do.

Beer-Belly
June 11th, 2010, 9:51 PM
That short strikes the perfect tone. It's like a cheesy version of Seven. The Cage/Baraka fight is awesome.

Scorpion is the MAN.

Newf
June 12th, 2010, 5:03 PM
I can't imagine they would have wasted the money for the helicopter shot that didn't really add anything if they are paying for it out of their own pockets.
I've seen similar stuff done in AfterEffects.

Suraj
June 12th, 2010, 6:26 PM
poor johnny cage... and i completely agree... this would make for a wicked film.

Greed
June 12th, 2010, 7:42 PM
Warner wants to reboot mortal combat. They saw this film and really were impressed buy it.
Execs are meeting with the film maker next week to determine if he's the guy for their reboot (clearly we all know he needs to be)
Source is joblo.com

Mark Hammer
June 12th, 2010, 8:10 PM
So in other words we've still got at least a couple of years before this would ever come out?

Greed
June 12th, 2010, 8:43 PM
God only knows. Summer 2012 seems most likely, but that would be a prediction.

Mark Hammer
June 12th, 2010, 9:12 PM
Ugh. I want to watch it NOW.

T.I (uh oh)
January 16th, 2011, 12:48 AM
So much for the proposed Mortal Kombat remake that Warner Bros. Pictures had hoped to get off the ground. Still, fans of the bloody battle are in for a treat as Bloody Disgusting learned that director Kevin Tancharoen - who directed the awesome online short - will return behind the camera for a 10-episode web series dedicated to the popular video game. Penned by Tancharoen, Todd Helbing, and Aaron Helbing, star Michael Jai White leads the cast as "Major Jackson 'Jax' Briggs. Shooting will take place in Vancouver this coming February. Contested expected to be cast are: Shang Tsung, Liu Kang, Sub Zero, Durak, Kabal, Kitana/Mileena and of course Scorpion. No release date is planned, and there's no word on that R-rated remake. The only plot details we could conjure up is that a few Earthlings will fight to save the planet from Shao Kahn and Shang Tsung, two Gods ruling over parallel universes, or something to that effect.

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/23052

Awesome.

Mark84j
January 16th, 2011, 12:44 PM
I am so numb.
I am so numb.

I - am sooo numb.

VanillaJello
January 16th, 2011, 2:32 PM
I've played pretty much every MK game... but I've never heard of Durak.

Any one know who he is? Or what game he was in?

Fanny
January 16th, 2011, 2:36 PM
he's Goro's older brother in the animated feature Mortal Kombat: The Journey Begins

VanillaJello
April 12th, 2011, 6:53 PM
First episode is online.

YouTube - Mortal Kombat: Legacy - Ep. 1 (Brand new live action MK series!)

Jimmy Zero
April 12th, 2011, 7:11 PM
That shit was pretty damn cool.

mth
April 12th, 2011, 7:28 PM
That was not bad at all. :yes: Eager to see more, especially more of the characters showing up.

Delta Devil
April 12th, 2011, 7:48 PM
Darren is giving me some serious Agent Smith vibes. :yes:

Newf
April 12th, 2011, 8:08 PM
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/23052

Awesome.

10 episodes at about 10 minutes a pop (if the rest are anything like that one)... why couldn't they have just done a movie? They still managed to get Michael Jai White and Jeri Ryan on board, which is awesome.

Miotch
April 12th, 2011, 9:01 PM
So, if I'm not mistaken, we saw Kano, Jax, Stryker, Sonya, and one of the cyborgs? Did I miss anyone?

Pablo Diablo
April 12th, 2011, 9:06 PM
We saw one of the cyborgs? Where?

Miotch
April 12th, 2011, 9:07 PM
At least the head of the cyborg, going through the factory and Kano inspected it.

Pablo Diablo
April 12th, 2011, 9:11 PM
Oh that. Ok. Yeah I think you got them all. Who is Stryker and why does he look so familiar?

VanillaJello
April 12th, 2011, 9:25 PM
Oh that. Ok. Yeah I think you got them all. Who is Stryker and why does he look so familiar?

He was the Cop/Male lead on Dollhouse.

Jimmy Zero
April 12th, 2011, 9:29 PM
Dude, Battlestar Galactica.

Excel
April 12th, 2011, 9:34 PM
Hey, remember when Jeri Ryan was hot?

Yeah... what happened?

Pablo Diablo
April 12th, 2011, 9:53 PM
Dude, Battlestar Galactica.

Helo. Of course.

Delta Devil
April 12th, 2011, 10:30 PM
Hey, remember when Jeri Ryan was hot?

Yeah... what happened?

She's still sexy as hell.

grimshaw
April 12th, 2011, 11:03 PM
Pretty good. Will be interesting to see how they handle the more supernatural elements, as that's much more difficult than 'terrorist v cop'. A good start though.

The Doc
April 13th, 2011, 12:38 AM
I missed that was supposed to be Striker. That's no fair, it's like making a Street Fighter film and casting anybody other than Rob Schnieder (or Steven Segal as the takes himself too serious ) guy as Dan.

Judging by how they seemed to handle Baracka I'm not worried about the minor supernatural stuff. I figure if almost fifteen almost twenty years ago we could get fireballs to look outstanding as long as they don't go nuts we should be fine now. Of course maybe that guy was just a genious cus I've never seen a fireball look like anything but crap before or after the original Mortal Kombat movie. Other than that I hope they don't go too too crazy. Mortal Kombat (imho) has one of the best most developed stories in all of video games. Since I've always thought the games were pretty shit to be honest. In 2d they were inferior to Street Fighter and King of Fighters and in 3d inferior to Tekken for sure and debatably DoA (I'll admit though I'm a sucker for Jiggle Physics) and most definitely Soul Caliber. But I love the story and usually at least rent the games and force myself to struggle through dial a combo, one boss who always disrespects me so I can see how it goes. I can't tell you how much I marked the fuck out when Liu Kang dies at the beginning of Deadly Alliance, nor how happy I was to find with Deception that Shang/Quan Chi victory was cannon! Dragon King can fuck right off though. I don't buy for a second that anything could ever beat those three under those conditions but whatever.

My point is I love that story, a not small part of me is crying over lost history.

Delta Devil
April 13th, 2011, 11:49 AM
Who are you kidding? Mortal Kombat's story is a convoluted mess.

grimshaw
April 13th, 2011, 12:52 PM
I can see where he's coming from. It's a complete dog's breakfast but there's something fascinating about it.

PMBR
April 13th, 2011, 2:00 PM
I loved the story through Deadly Alliance...minus MK4... then it all went to shit.

The Doc
April 13th, 2011, 2:18 PM
Marvel and DC's histories are convoluted messes but they're fun. And maybe it was time for a reboot for this too. They really had gotten to the point where they'd conquered the most bad ass thing in all of badassia.

And nobody loves Mortal Kombat 4, they do everything in their power to forget us including. . .well I shouldn't be typing this but I need someone to remember the truth. The Men In Black will be here to neuralyze me soon and they're probably on the way to your place as we speak. Quan Chi is the only thing out of Mortal Kombat 4 we are allowed to acknowledge, otherwise that train wreck never happened. Do I make myself clear? It NEVER HAPPENED. Speak of it anymore and we'll be taken in by the secret police and tortured until we admit we played Mortal Kombat Mythologies: Sub Zero or Shaolin Monks. Or that we wondered why there wasn't an FPS with Sonya, Jax and Stryker.

edit: And at least it seems like they read their own back story when they made games. Sure they had no clue where they were going when they started but Street Fighter. . .Street Fighter story wise only makes sense if you squint your eyes enough not to notice. . .oh and try to ignore where the retcons don't sync up particularly well with the way the story has been told up to this point.

VanillaJello
April 19th, 2011, 10:02 AM
Episode 2

YouTube - Mortal Kombat: Legacy - Ep. 2 - Jax, Sonya and Kano (Part 2)

Guy
April 19th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Pointless episode. The ending of this ep could've just been the start of it instead, following on from last weeks explosion.

Delta Devil
April 19th, 2011, 1:17 PM
I like it a lot. I was worried we wouldn't get any new developments, but we got a fair share. Kano now LOOKS like Kano, and Jax is getting armed up. What bothered me about the 1st episode (the gunfire) was minimized here so that was also a relief.

Me thinks we're getting a fresh dose of Scorpion or Sub Zero next episode.

I'm liking this show so far.

Guy
April 19th, 2011, 1:32 PM
The fighting was fine, but I still didn't see any need for the episode that couldn't have been summed up in last weeks ending.

I only say that because obviously this is a series of shorts, so any story they plan on telling needs to start motoring pretty swiftly.

mth
April 19th, 2011, 1:45 PM
How many episodes will there be? 'Cuz if it's a limited amount, I hope they pick up the pace if they're going to introduce other characters and have them be worthwhile. I like it so far, though, just eager for the more fantastical elements/characters to start showing up.

Guy
April 19th, 2011, 1:49 PM
I read somewhere that it'll be about 12.

I'm not 100% on that though

Jimmy Zero
April 19th, 2011, 8:03 PM
I read there were going to be 10, so we're probably looking at an 1hr and a half to 2hr movie.

I liked it, though I agree with Blood that the editing was a bit shitty in that episode. I'm assuming most of this has been shot already? Why not just release a DVD/Blu Ray? You know they will eventually, anyways.

mr sabu
April 26th, 2011, 5:26 AM
YouTube - Mortal Kombat Legacy - Ep 3 (Johnny Cage And Shang Tsung)

VanillaJello
April 26th, 2011, 6:15 AM
That's the best one yet.

Finally a director and a group of writers that get the material.

Love the former acting job Cage worked... as well as the cameo and the use of one of Cage's "special" moves.

Guy
April 26th, 2011, 6:43 AM
That....was awesome

mth
April 26th, 2011, 2:08 PM
:yes: Good stuff.

Excel
April 26th, 2011, 4:55 PM
I assume you all spotted Ed Boon in there, playing the part of Ed Goodman?

Guy
April 26th, 2011, 5:03 PM
Isn't this pretty similar to Johnny's introduction in the original Mortal Kombat movie?

Delta Devil
April 26th, 2011, 5:11 PM
Bout to watch...

It's a little odd that this episode isn't on the Macinima's official Youtube list page. :wtf:

(http://www.youtube.com/show?p=VkIoQKmEa4I&tracker=show_av)

Guy
April 26th, 2011, 5:13 PM
YouTube - Mortal Kombat: Legacy - Ep. 3 - Johnny Cage

They've got it hosted it seems.

Bill Casey
April 26th, 2011, 5:26 PM
Isn't this pretty similar to Johnny's introduction in the original Mortal Kombat movie?It's similar in that he's an actor and he technically gets asked by Shang Tsung to join a tournament (In the first one, Shang Tsung is disguised as his trainer). And they did a fake action prologue, although this one introduced him as an actor before it...

Other than the bare bones of it, not really...
This Johnny Cage has pathos, and better motivations than proving some critics wrong...
Plus he can execute a proper legsweep...

Guy
April 26th, 2011, 5:31 PM
Honestly only remember there being a staged fight.

Having everything go dark and him being approached by Shang Tsung on a movie set after having an argument with a producer are all things I may have concocted in my head.

Bill Casey
April 26th, 2011, 5:37 PM
Skip to 4:50 and draw your own comparisons...

Mortal Kombat movie - part 1

Guy
April 26th, 2011, 5:39 PM
Yea I was way off.

Derek
April 30th, 2011, 10:27 PM
Episode 3 was awesome. When's 4 coming out?

mr sabu
May 1st, 2011, 1:58 AM
tuesday but if it appears earlier im sure someone will post it

mr sabu
May 3rd, 2011, 5:48 AM
Episode 4

YouTube - Mortal Kombat: Legacy - Ep. 4 - Kitana & Mileena (Part 1)

VanillaJello
May 3rd, 2011, 10:20 AM
While I enjoyed it... there wasn't nearly enjoy action in episode 4.

When you only have a certain amount of episodes to tell a story, you can't build an entire episode around backstory.

Delta Devil
May 3rd, 2011, 1:00 PM
I love this series.

mth
May 3rd, 2011, 2:50 PM
That wasn't the crazy surgeon Baraka from the pitch video. I guess I was under the assumption they were sticking to the more realistic approach rather than the more traditional mythology. I liked the anime parts of the episode, particularly Mileena flipping out and chewing on that dude. Otherwise, it was fairly dull but I understand needing to give characters backstories, but I hope they hurry things along a bit more from here on.

Excel
May 3rd, 2011, 3:00 PM
Damn, Sindel was hot

Guy
May 3rd, 2011, 5:12 PM
That wasn't the crazy surgeon Baraka from the pitch video. I guess I was under the assumption they were sticking to the more realistic approach rather than the more traditional mythology. I liked the anime parts of the episode, particularly Mileena flipping out and chewing on that dude. Otherwise, it was fairly dull but I understand needing to give characters backstories, but I hope they hurry things along a bit more from here on.

The realistic approach was done to gain financial backing and to keep the budget down I believe.

I think the guy who wanted to put it together actually loved the mythology and was always planning on keeping it intact, he just wanted to hook in fans with the gritty realistic approach to show how it "COULD" be done.

I've yet to watch this new ep, I will soon, but in my mind it works, I hope it does in execution.

mth
May 3rd, 2011, 5:16 PM
Oh, well, it hooked me and now I'm a bit disappointed. It feels less new/fresh this way.

Derek
May 3rd, 2011, 6:47 PM
Baraka looked like an Uruk-Hai.

Newf
May 3rd, 2011, 9:58 PM
Looked like something out of a Buffy/Angel or Earth: Final Conflict.

grimshaw
May 3rd, 2011, 11:18 PM
Baraka looked more like a regular Jackson LotR Orc than an uruk hai. He definitely seemed...too small?

Delta Devil
May 3rd, 2011, 11:31 PM
We're 1/3 into the entire story, and we still haven't been introduced to Zero or Scorpion yet. Let's get a move on. :yes:

Pablo Diablo
May 3rd, 2011, 11:37 PM
And next episode we pretty much already know it's just a continuation from this episode. I hope they join people soon.

Bill Casey
May 4th, 2011, 3:43 AM
When you only have a certain amount of episodes to tell a story, you can't build an entire episode around backstory.

We're 1/3 into the entire story, and we still haven't been introduced to Zero or Scorpion yet. Let's get a move on. :yes:

And next episode we pretty much already know it's just a continuation from this episode. I hope they join people soon.

The entire web series is the origin stories...

It’s essentially a prequel to the entire franchise. They are all origin stories on how they developed a motive to join the first 2 tournaments.

He's also "saving liu kang and kung lao for season 2"

Delta Devil
May 4th, 2011, 10:40 AM
The entire web series is the origin stories...

Oh. I figured all these stories were going to connect somehow. Not a bad thing I guess.

Derek
May 4th, 2011, 10:48 AM
It's definitely got me hooked. This and Zack Ryder are the only two YouTube series to which I have a subscription.

Pablo Diablo
May 4th, 2011, 1:51 PM
So the whole series is just origin stories for the games or for something else? Casey I must know.

mth
May 4th, 2011, 2:02 PM
Thanks for the info, Bill, that helps me understand where they're coming from/going with it and not to assume things.

Delta Devil
May 4th, 2011, 2:16 PM
I am hoping we at least get a confrontation between Scorpion and Sub Zero. Just an entire episode dedicated to combat between mortals would be great.

Derek
May 4th, 2011, 2:18 PM
I hope that if they do put in Cyrax and Sektor, then we get a good amount of them as humans before making them into cyborgs. This is something the new Mortal Kombat game does well and it piqued my interest in two characters about whom I really didn't care previously.

VanillaJello
May 10th, 2011, 2:45 AM
Episode 5

YouTube - Mortal Kombat: Legacy - Ep. 5 - Kitana & Mileena (Part 2)

mth
May 10th, 2011, 1:10 PM
Hoping some characters I like start getting introduced soon 'cuz I'm getting a bit bored with it right now.

Derek
May 11th, 2011, 10:18 AM
The end of that episode makes me think that things will start to pick up. Shao Kahn just said something at the end of the episode about invading Earthrealm next (although this entire two episode arc was a flashback) so it makes me think that in the next couple of episodes we'll get Great Kung Lao, and maybe Bo Rai Cho.

Quick skim over Outworld winning nine straight Mortal Kombat tournaments, introduce Liu Kang, Raiden, Kung Lao v.2 and let it roll.

*EDIT - FWIW, Episode 6 is supposedly titled "Raiden" so here goes...

mr sabu
May 17th, 2011, 4:07 AM
and yes it's raiden

www.youtube.com/watch?gl=US&hl=en&client=mv-google&v=5tWh4Z42SJk

mth
May 17th, 2011, 2:45 PM
Now that's what I'm talkin' about! Much more enjoyable for me than the Kitana/Mileena ones. Really like this Raiden, what a badass. :yes:

Guy
May 17th, 2011, 4:44 PM
What a strange road to go down with Raiden.

It was fun, but all kind of amounted to nothing....so far anyway

And did this series always have that disclaimer at the start?

Pablo Diablo
May 17th, 2011, 4:45 PM
Nope first time. I guess because it was the most "mystical"

Guy
May 17th, 2011, 4:55 PM
It was more mystical than a mystical fantasy Queen being captured by ninja demon men with bladed arms, including a sorcerer who creates a duplicate twin demon baby to conquer realms?

Pablo Diablo
May 17th, 2011, 4:58 PM
Yup. Much more.

Tugboat
May 17th, 2011, 5:26 PM
I think the little disclaimer was for those who perhaps thought the series would be going down a more realistic (for want of a better word) route, and not focusing on the mystical elements of the franchise. After the backlash that seems to have risen from the last two episodes, they probably needed to set the record straight with that blurb.

It was a good episode, but nothing much occurred. Looking forward to more

Jimmy Zero
May 17th, 2011, 5:55 PM
I liked that a lot. Way better than Highlander Raiden.

Pablo Diablo
May 17th, 2011, 5:58 PM
YouTube - Raiden - Mortal Kombat

Derek
May 17th, 2011, 8:37 PM
I own that flick on Blu-Ray. Hahaha.

...sorry.

Delta Devil
May 18th, 2011, 5:00 PM
BEST episode yet by far. Raiden!!!

YouTube - Mortal Kombat Legacy - Ep. 6: Raiden [HD]

Derek
May 19th, 2011, 1:43 PM
Love him just taking the hat from homeboy at the end.

mr sabu
May 24th, 2011, 4:14 AM
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D fucken finally

YouTube - ‪Mortal Kombat: Legacy - Ep. 7: Scorpion and Sub Zero (Part 1)‬‏

VanillaJello
May 24th, 2011, 9:19 AM
Well, at least he knows how to leave you wanting more.

Jimmy Zero
May 24th, 2011, 10:00 AM
That was cool shit. I wish they'd have just released a long form dvd/bluray. I really want to just watch the whole thing.

Damn you, anticipation.

Delta Devil
May 24th, 2011, 11:32 AM
This series is intriguing as hell.

mth
May 24th, 2011, 12:57 PM
Loved it. :yes: Can't wait for the next episode.

mr sabu
May 31st, 2011, 3:46 AM
part 2

YouTube - ‪Mortal Kombat: Legacy - Ep. 8: Scorpion and Sub Zero (Part 2)‬‏

Guy
May 31st, 2011, 6:47 AM
That was pretty awesome

Did not see that coming at all

RuneEdge
May 31st, 2011, 8:59 AM
Nice. These are getting really good.

mr sabu
May 31st, 2011, 9:13 AM
one more episode to go untill it's finished it features
sektor and cyrax

and the rumored 2nd season starts soon

Derek
May 31st, 2011, 9:30 AM
So who was that hanging out with Quan Chi?

Guy
May 31st, 2011, 9:33 AM
Shang Tsung I believe

From earlier episodes

Derek
May 31st, 2011, 9:34 AM
Ah, gotcha. Thanks.

Pablo Diablo
May 31st, 2011, 10:43 AM
That was awesome.

mth
May 31st, 2011, 1:32 PM
:yes: Terrific stuff. Cannot wait for the next episode and the next season.
So, questions, because I want to make sure I followed the ending stuff there:
Quan Chi was just impersonating Sub Zero, right? And apparently there's some history between Scorpion and Sub-Zero that happened before all this, which is what he's referring to in the end, yeah? And Scorpion's willing to join them, even though they killed his village, to even the score with Sub-Zero? Or is he referring to what he just did as Sub-Zero and Scorpion is not aware that the Sub-Zero he just fought and witnessed kill his village was Quan Chi?

Pablo Diablo
May 31st, 2011, 1:36 PM
I think the idea is that he didn't realize it was Quan Chi...although why Quan Chi changed into his normal appearance right in front of him I don't know. Scorpion thinks it was Sub-Zero who destroyed his village when it was really Quan Chi and Shang Tsung.

Derek
May 31st, 2011, 1:39 PM
He changed back into Quan Chi, from a real world perspective, to let the viewer know what was happening and to have that "holy crap" moment at the end of the show. I can imagine from a kayfabe perspective that Quan Chi destroyed Scorpion's village as Sub-Zero in order to A)get Scorpion to fight for him in the tournament in order to get to the real Sub-Zero and B) when Scorpion kills Sub-Zero, Quan Chi takes the soul of Sub-Zero and makes him Noob Saibot.

mth
May 31st, 2011, 1:41 PM
Yeah, what threw me off was the transformation being right in front of him. If he could hear what he was whispering to him about Sub-Zero, then I would think he'd have also witnessed the transformation and Quan Chi and Shang Tsung's conversation, which all happened right in front of him. Hence my confusion over whether he was talking about what just happened or whether he was talking about something that we had not seen.

Doesn't really explain why Quan Chi had Sub-Zero's ice powers, but whatevs, he's like a magic evil dude who can probably do whatever he wants. I assume the real Sub-Zero will enter the picture later on, since it seems these dudes were framing him.

Pablo Diablo
May 31st, 2011, 1:42 PM
In response to Derek

I definitely think the turning back into Quan Chi should have happened. I just think he shouldn't of done it directly in front of his frozen face. I think at the end Scorpion did 'see' Quan Chi...but then again I've always found the tricking of Scorpion to be a little weird.

Derek
May 31st, 2011, 1:46 PM
Maybe it's something like once you're dead, you really don't "see" things like you normally do and Quan Chi was just "speaking to his soul".

Excel
June 1st, 2011, 4:14 PM
Exactly, he was dead, and quan-chi was speaking to his soul using his now dead body as a conduit, or as something like a talisman that allows him to speak to the dead. After he had spoken, Scorpions soul accepted and he was immediately resurrected.

Miotch
June 1st, 2011, 4:32 PM
why the hell are you spoiler tagging this conversation? The ACTUAL 8 MINUTE VIDEO IS POSTED IN THIS VERY THREAD.

Derek
June 1st, 2011, 5:23 PM
Force of habit?

Guy
June 1st, 2011, 6:04 PM
In case someone comes in here looking for the videos and doesn't want the whole thing ruined for them before they get to the right page or post?

Miotch
June 1st, 2011, 6:08 PM
I personally have the ability to not read what's on the page while I scroll through looking for a youtube embed.

Miotch
June 1st, 2011, 6:09 PM
maybe that makes me a superhero or something, i dunno

Guy
June 1st, 2011, 6:27 PM
I pick up words here and there involuntary.

And Quan Chi is a pretty specific set of words.

KOTWjericho2005
June 1st, 2011, 8:51 PM
Any schedule or time frame for the next episode or the start of the next season?

Derek
June 1st, 2011, 9:47 PM
We'll probably hear an announcement of the DVD/Blu-Ray first. Hopefully the DVD/Blu-Ray will have a trailer on it for Season 2.

Newf
June 2nd, 2011, 12:18 AM
I'm in the process of ripping them all off YouTube and compiling them into one large file.

mth
June 2nd, 2011, 1:11 PM
From wikipedia:

Tancharoen revealed plans are in place for an uncensored[18] DVD and Blu-ray release but is unclear of a possible release date.[27] Special features will include extra footage and fight rehearsals.

virms
June 2nd, 2011, 9:39 PM
I'm in the process of ripping them all off YouTube and compiling them into one large file.

Are you are least getting the 720p versions? Been waiting till they are all shown before I start watching them.

Derek
June 8th, 2011, 9:52 AM
When's the Cyrax and Sektor episode out?

mr sabu
June 8th, 2011, 2:22 PM

KOTWjericho2005
June 30th, 2011, 9:18 PM
Just read that the director announced that he isn't releasing the next episode of Legacy until this years Comic Con.

mth
June 30th, 2011, 9:23 PM
When is that?

EDIT: Nevermind, I looked it up. July 21-24 for those who aren't in the know (like me).

KOTWjericho2005
June 30th, 2011, 9:25 PM
Yeah it says that the 21st - 24th is the International Comic Con. The New York Comic Con is Oct. 13-16, so hopefully we don't have to wait until that one.

Derek
July 7th, 2011, 8:45 AM
So was the Scorpion/Sub-Zero episode the last one this season? I thought we were supposed to have one more episode based around Cyrax and Sektor.

mth
July 7th, 2011, 9:43 AM
Read the posts directly above yours. Next episode is to come out later this month...unless it's the later Comic Con in which case, not until October.

Derek
July 7th, 2011, 11:04 AM
Awesome. I'll definitely get the Blu-Ray when it comes out and watch them all back-to-back.

Newf
July 24th, 2011, 9:34 PM
‪Mortal Kombat: Legacy - Ep. 9: Cyrax & Sektor‬‏ - YouTube

Alex E
July 24th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Enjoyed it as much as the first few. Good stuff.

Delta Devil
July 24th, 2011, 10:10 PM
That was badass.

Pablo Diablo
July 24th, 2011, 10:14 PM
That was pretty awesome.

mth
July 25th, 2011, 12:19 AM
:yes: Dig it. Not sure about the Predator claws on Cyrax, though...

Guy
September 29th, 2011, 8:10 PM
Kevin Tancharoen served as director on both and Oren Uziel wrote the script for the MORTAL KOMBAT: REBIRTH trailer. Now the pair are being brought back together again to reboot the MORTAL KOMBAT franchise for the big screen.

Details were scarce and this all that was offered: "There is no actor attached and the new story will not serve as an extension of the game or digital series."

Cool.

Jimmy Zero
September 29th, 2011, 8:13 PM
Was the Mortal Kombat: Rebirth trailer the cop thing with Jeri Ryan and Michael Jai White that kick started the internet series?

Guy
September 29th, 2011, 8:33 PM
Yea.

It's the guy that directed both the trailer and the web series, and the writer of the trailer

mth
September 29th, 2011, 8:45 PM
Sweet.

Jimmy Zero
September 29th, 2011, 8:49 PM
Double sweet. That guy did a fantastic job. Too bad he's saying it won't be based around that trailer, because, let's be honest, that's the movie people want to see.

Guy
September 29th, 2011, 8:56 PM
I'm far more interested in a film that includes the supernatural aspects. Why call it Mortal Kombat otherwise? Might as well just be a gritty street fighting film.

The cheesy kung-fu b-movie plot is what makes Mortal Kombat Mortal Kombat. I thought the web-series was great stuff.

Jimmy Zero
September 29th, 2011, 10:20 PM
Yeah, I agree, but still. You wouldn't like to see a movie based off that trailer they made?

virms
September 29th, 2011, 11:02 PM
Are they through with all these webisodes yet? I don't want to watch any of them until I can watch it all at once.

Derek
September 29th, 2011, 11:41 PM
Yes, I do believe "Season 1" is done.

Guy
September 30th, 2011, 5:57 AM
Yeah, I agree, but still. You wouldn't like to see a movie based off that trailer they made?

It would be cool to see what "real life" versions of some of the character would look like sure.

But the fighting and such in this actual film should hopefully have the same raw energy to it.

Greed
October 1st, 2011, 10:52 AM
New Line needs to make money. It'll only be profitable if they base it off of the web series.

The Rick
December 3rd, 2012, 2:05 PM
Mortal Kombat: Legacy 2 Details Revealed
ign link (http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/12/03/mortal-kombat-legacy-2-details-revealed)
by Eric Goldman December 3, 2012

Mortal Kombat: Legacy 2 Details Revealed
One of the original Mortal Kombat movie actors returns.

New details have been revealed about Mortal Kombat: Legacy 2, the second season of the popular MK webseries. We already knew Kevin Tancharoen was returning to co-write and direct the series, but several cast members have now been revealed.

Harry Shum, Jr. (Glee) will play Kuai Liang (hey, that's Sub-Zero!), with Casper Van Dien (Starship Troopers) as Johnny Cage, Brian Tee (The Wolverine) as Liu Kang, Mark Dacascos (Hawaii Five-0) as Kung Lao, Ian Anthony Dale (Hawaii Five-0) back from Season 1 as Scorpion and, reprising his role from the first Mortal Kombat movie, Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa (currently seen on Revenge) as Shang Tsung.

Van Dien is replacing Matt Mullins, who played Johnny Cage in Season 1, with Tagawa replacing Season 1’s Shang Tsung, Johnson Phan.

Notably, many of the characters and actors from the first season aren’t listed as returning currently, such as Jeri Ryan as Sonya Blade, Michael Jai White as Jax, Ryan Robbins as Raiden, Samantha Tihia as Kitana and Darren Shahlavi as Kano. But last summer, when Tancharoen revealed there would be a Season 2, he did so with a video announcing which characters would be included. That list included Kano, Raiden, Sonya, Kung Lao, Kitana, Mileena, Jax, Baraka, Stryker, Quan Chi, Ermac and Kenshi. So suffice to say, more casting announcements are coming.

The press release actually mentions some of these characters, with the following description:

“In the second season the saga continues as Liu Kang and Ermac join the ranks of fighters introduced in the first season of the web series including Kenshi, Kung Lao, Kuai Lang, Stryker, Kitana, Mileena, Johnny Cage, Scorpion and Sub Zero. This new season will uncover the rivalries and histories of these fierce warriors as Raiden and his recruits clash against the dark forces of Outworld. The epic battle for Earthrealm has finally begun!”

Tancharoen has new cowriters on Mortal Kombat: Legacy 2, with Josh Baizer and Marshall Johnson (Dead Loss) writing the series with him – Season 1 was written by Tancharoen and Spartacus writers Todd Helbing and Aaron Helbing.

Mortal Kombat: Legacy 2 will debut in the second quarter of 2013 on Machinima.

VHS
December 3rd, 2012, 2:39 PM
I wish this had a more mature venue than Machinima.

mth
December 3rd, 2012, 2:45 PM
Really glad to hear season 2 is going to be happening. :yes:

VanillaJello
January 13th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Cast photo for Season 2

http://www.comingsoon.net/nextraimages/mortal-kast.jpeg

Mark Hammer
January 13th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Second from the right, top row looks like the guy that played Shang Tsung in the movie. Is it him?

Pablo Diablo
January 13th, 2013, 10:51 PM
Yes, yes it is. Awesome.

VanillaJello
January 13th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Who's the guy next to Scorpion? Smoke/Noob?

Mark Hammer
January 13th, 2013, 10:54 PM
Just started a download of the first MK Legacy in it's entirety. I remember seeing the pilot (Cage vs Baraka iirc) and was thoroughly impressed. Did the rest of the series hold up?

Newf
January 13th, 2013, 11:36 PM
They're not the same. By "Cage vs. Baraka" I feel like you're referring to the "Rebirth" which was essentially a proof on concept trailer for the director to say to the studio "let me direct a dark, gritty reboot of the film series." Legacy was the initial result of that, but it was a bit lighter in terms of story and mostly followed the mythos more closely than the trailer gave the impression. Reports suggest the film reboot is in the works along with season 2 of the online Legacy but we probably won't end up seeing something quite like that proposed darker alternate retelling.

Mark Hammer
January 13th, 2013, 11:54 PM
I'm a sad cat. :(

Still going to give Legacy a go though as I've already got it downloaded.

VanillaJello
February 17th, 2013, 11:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5l3jrR5XMSU

Season 2 trailer

mth
February 18th, 2013, 12:30 AM
Fuck yeah, bring it on. :yes:

VHS
February 18th, 2013, 12:43 AM
I ejected hard.

Newf
February 18th, 2013, 4:22 AM
I like to think I'm one of the biggest Mortal Kombat nerds ever. Played 1 through 4. Loved the original flick, saw it several times in theatres, even loved Annihilation when most panned it. I lost interest in the latter games only cuz it seemed like they just kept putting them out and making up characters for the sake of it but have since gone back and played some and caught up on all the storylines. I really enjoyed Armageddon, LOVED the rebooted game. Freaked out for the Rebirth trailer, really enjoyed Legacy.

But this is so-so for me...

That trailer didn't really do it. It looks somewhat interesting, though fuckin Scorpion's mask is the drizzling shits. What's with Liu Kang seemingly being a heel? I'm not interested in 5 minute videos once a week, to be honest, if it's anything like the last round. I realize they're relatively easier and cheaper to produce and quicker to crank out than a full-fledged movie but I'd rather they just do that. The first round of Legacy shorts were fun but ultimately felt very hollow and empty. Something like MK with all its source material to draw upon, frankly, deserves more than YouTube videos.

Jimmy Zero
February 18th, 2013, 3:35 PM
That trailer was pretty cool, I thought.

mth
September 15th, 2013, 2:18 PM
New trailer. Season II begins Sept. 26th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46l9Zc7DBxE&feature=player_embedded

Bill Casey
September 15th, 2013, 2:44 PM
Who's the guy next to Scorpion? Smoke/Noob?

Possibly Quan Chi...

Jimmy Zero
September 15th, 2013, 3:06 PM
New trailer. Season II begins Sept. 26th.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46l9Zc7DBxE&feature=player_embedded

I dig it.

The Rick
September 15th, 2013, 3:14 PM
I'm excited

ReDPath
September 15th, 2013, 8:02 PM
Dunno what to make of Mortal Kombat anymore.

The original film captured everything I'd want in a Mortal Kombat film. Good fight scenes, some cheesy one liners, pretty accurate characters, darkish atmosphere, etc.

The games are dead boring at this point. Even the reboot game, which sorta changed things up.

Street Fighter has been whoring itself quite a bit lately too. I almost just want Ed Boon to have a meeting with Capcom to create the greatest stylized crossover fighter ever, and that's all.

Featuring...

- Arenas from both franchises
- Fatilities and ridiculous anime style scream fest combos for both franchises
- Only selected characters from MK 1-3 and for SF 2/Super/maybe Final Fight
- 4 vs 4 Tag style combat
- Bosses from both franchises
- A tie in movie directed by Ed Boon or someone from Capcom or John Woo

Newf
September 15th, 2013, 8:21 PM
Really? Cuz I tuned out for most of the later games and only tried Armageddon cuz of the "(almost) every fighter ever" roster. Still didn't enjoy it, but I LOVED the rebooted game and so did a lot of other people.

Street Fighter has never really grabbed me past playing the first game at the arcade as a kid. I'd have no desire to see a crossover film. I'm VERY excited for the second season of Legacy and the upcoming film.

Mark Hammer
September 17th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Really? Cuz I tuned out for most of the later games and only tried Armageddon cuz of the "(almost) every fighter ever" roster. Still didn't enjoy it, but I LOVED the rebooted game and so did a lot of other people.

Street Fighter has never really grabbed me past playing the first game at the arcade as a kid. I'd have no desire to see a crossover film. I'm VERY excited for the second season of Legacy and the upcoming film.

Armageddon was incredibly disappointing. Every character of the series at the expense of individual fatalities. That create-a-fatality garbage was horrible.

Also I have to echo Redpath's sentiments. The reboot was fun for what it was but it lacked the "magic" of the original games. The last MK I thoroughly enjoyed was Deception.

Dream-Evil
September 26th, 2013, 12:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ydfGuagKcYM

Pablo Diablo
September 26th, 2013, 9:56 PM
Watch the playlist through youtube and it will play the whole thing skipping some intro and the next time on.

It was pretty good.