PDA

View Full Version : New Arcade Fire album release in august: The Suburbs

eldanielfire
May 31st, 2010, 10:33 AM
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Music/Pix/pictures/2009/6/25/1245950034712/Arcade-Fire-on-Randalls-I-001.jpg

I can't wait to hear it. Funeral is my favorite album of the past decade and Neon Bible was very good with a few blindingly brilliant tunes.

Some teasers are availaible on their website.

http://www.arcadefire.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/TheSuburbs_Artwork_cover1.jpg

Dave
May 31st, 2010, 10:39 AM
I bought the mp3 on the singles yesterday and picked up a copy of the vinyl today. Month of May should be amazing live, but I'm not a huge fan of how it just tails off on record. The Suburbs doesn't seem to go anywhere, but that probably fits the song title very well - and hopefully it leads in to something brilliant on the album.

eldanielfire
May 31st, 2010, 10:50 AM
I bought the mp3 on the singles yesterday and picked up a copy of the vinyl today. Month of May should be amazing live, but I'm not a huge fan of how it just tails off on record. The Suburbs doesn't seem to go anywhere, but that probably fits the song title very well - and hopefully it leads in to something brilliant on the album.

I like the Suburbs over month of May. Both good and very different to previous. If I didn't know better then I'd say there was a real Blur infulence on those two tracks.

eldanielfire
July 12th, 2010, 3:39 PM
4 of their new songs. The Arcade Fire have really added a 'Blur' feel to the new album And that's not a bad thing :yes:

Second City Saint
July 12th, 2010, 3:41 PM
What is going on here?

eldanielfire
July 12th, 2010, 3:53 PM
Eh?

eldanielfire
July 12th, 2010, 3:55 PM
Try again:

We Used to Wait:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1K7Sow5DKqA&feature=relat ed

Month of May:

YouTube- Arcade Fire - Month of May

Ready to Start:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwdUVjyxWrM&feature=relat ed

The Suburbs:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAitZuh4ueg&feature=relat ed

eldanielfire
July 28th, 2010, 5:25 PM
The album is getting some good reviews. I peaked a look at NME (I feel dirty) and they gave it a '9'. :)

Second City Saint
July 28th, 2010, 5:38 PM
I really liked it. It sounds different enough where I'm not bored but retains a certain level of what initially made me gravitate toward them in Funeral. Miles better than Neon Bible.

GBF I put a link up for this in the best of 2010 thread for those interested.

Ringo
July 28th, 2010, 5:40 PM
I gave this a once over today and liked what I heard, but I generally have good first impressions of just about everything. Apparently the feedback was not good from Arcade Fire die-hards internet wide but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

eldanielfire
July 28th, 2010, 5:48 PM
I gave this a once over today and liked what I heard, but I generally have good first impressions of just about everything. Apparently the feedback was not good from Arcade Fire die-hards internet wide but I'm not sure how accurate that is.

A lot of them said Neon Bible was better than Funeral so I wouldn't listen.

Second City Saint
July 28th, 2010, 5:52 PM
That's blasphemy if I ever heard

MikeHunt
July 28th, 2010, 6:34 PM
i am looking forward to hearing this album, not a massive fan but I always expect something more than decent.

Canuck
July 28th, 2010, 6:44 PM
You can hear it.

Canuck
July 28th, 2010, 6:58 PM
I don't know what to think of it yet. I'm not completely sold on so far. It definitely seems lacking for Arcade Fire's standards. It's good don't get me wrong, but after 2/3 listens, I think I had higher expectations. We'll see though, it's still early.

MikeHunt
July 28th, 2010, 7:24 PM
I haven't bought it yet you wazock, so i am looking forwar to hearing it when i buy it.

Second City Saint
July 28th, 2010, 7:27 PM
Why the hostility? Hurley was just alerting you that it's out there if you wanted to download it.

MikeHunt
July 28th, 2010, 7:31 PM
hardly hostile.

having read the thread do you not think he would of realised that i knew the album could be downloaded.

therefore wazock comment is made

Jimmy Zero
July 28th, 2010, 7:33 PM
I'm a few songs in. I really really like what I'm hearing so far.

Second City Saint
July 28th, 2010, 7:35 PM
hardly hostile.

having read the thread do you not think he would of realised that i knew the album could be downloaded.

therefore wazock comment is madeThere are some dimwitted people on these boards, is it the worst thing that someone informed you something you already knew?

Jimmy Zero
July 28th, 2010, 7:41 PM
There are some dimwitted people on these boards, is it the worst thing that someone informed you something you already knew?

Apparently, yes.

MikeHunt
July 28th, 2010, 7:43 PM
nah, but wazock is a pretty meaningless word, like twat or prat.

if he is bothered by it then, he can request a sorry,(which i will give).

otherwise, meh, i don't see the issue.

Greed
July 28th, 2010, 8:29 PM
Quality Quality album. At least on par with Neon Bible, though it's as if they took a left turn from funeral to Neon Bible's right...if that makes any sense?

Jimmy Zero
July 28th, 2010, 8:45 PM
I love it. I'm listening to it for the second time now. I think I like it more than Neon Bible.

Canuck
July 28th, 2010, 9:38 PM
I haven't bought it yet you wazock, so i am looking forwar to hearing it when i buy it.

Fuck off.

Sheik Mohammed al-Dub
July 28th, 2010, 9:40 PM
oh, my cunt, I get it

This record is great. I used to be with it, but then they changed what it was. Now what I'm with isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me. But I like this a lot. Shit that has to grow on me, like say, The National, sucks so much ass compared to stuff that at least bothers to be interesting right away.

eldanielfire
July 29th, 2010, 1:29 AM
I love it. Official! Better than Neon Bible which may have a couple of better songs but was patchy. This is a rather beautiful record in the Funeral mode, but sounding nothing lke Funeral.

Canuck
July 29th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Ok I've listened again. This time a proper listen and it's a lot better now. I wouldn't rank it with Funeral I don't think, but it sounds like it could very well be up there with Neon Bible which I still rate very highly. Suburban War is a class track and I can tell I'm going to love it for a long time.

Alf
July 29th, 2010, 11:54 AM
I like We Used To Wait a heck of a lot. It's got such a cracking opening line.

Suburbs is ace too but the rest is a bit meh... and dare I say it, crap.

eldanielfire
July 29th, 2010, 12:35 PM

Rococo, Sprawl, Sprawl II, Suburban War and of course We used to Wait are up there with The Arcade Fire's classics in my opinion. The album is more consistent than Neon Bible in my opinion.

EDIT: I'd add Half Light I and II to that list as well. Love the reprise of the title track at the end too.

Canuck
July 29th, 2010, 1:07 PM
I think Sprawl is one of the worst tracks on the album.

Canuck
August 5th, 2010, 2:12 PM
They're doing some kind of live concert tonight with Vevo and Youtube. Anyone know any more details on this? 10 EST.

eldanielfire
August 5th, 2010, 6:16 PM
I think Sprawl is one of the worst tracks on the album.

:mad:

I still utterly love this album.

Jimmy Zero
August 5th, 2010, 6:27 PM
I'll be seeing them Sunday at Lolla. Really can't wait. I'm still really liking the new album.

Second City Saint
August 5th, 2010, 6:48 PM
Massively envious, Jay Z. I wish I was able to see them when they were here last weekend.

Alf
August 11th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Right. I've been listening to the album today and as a whole it is pretty bloody excellent.

LOCONUT
August 20th, 2010, 7:07 PM
Got Arcade Fire tix today at the 6600 seat Shrine Auditorium.

:hyper:

Dave
August 21st, 2010, 4:49 AM
I'm seeing them in a week for the 18th time at Reading Festival. It'd be great to see them in a small-ish venue again but I'm having to settle for arenas in November and December.

Beer-Belly
August 23rd, 2010, 1:55 PM
Fuck me, this album has grown on me since it's release. I can't stop listening to it.

Bad Collin
September 26th, 2010, 6:36 AM
Just got this last week, fuck me it's amazing. Modern man, The Suburbs and We used to wait are particular favourites so far. Great return to form after the last album.

eldanielfire
June 11th, 2011, 4:58 PM
I just ahda re-listen to this album and I loved it. It's great when that happens :)

McBain
June 11th, 2011, 5:29 PM
Isn't that the typical feeling when you loved the album in the first place? :confused:

I do love returning to a favourite after a break though if that's what you were meaning.

Canuck
June 12th, 2011, 9:09 AM
Yeah, the album is pretty great. I can't remember what my original opinion's were, but I'm loving it now.

Jimmy Zero
June 12th, 2011, 1:48 PM
Saw them again about 2 or 3 months ago. It was a double bill at the UIC Pavillion, they played with The National. Best show I've ever seen (and that includes Guitar Wolf with the original line up).

I'm glad I got to see them, because it's the last all ages show I'll ever go to. Fucking stupid teenagers.

Canuck
June 17th, 2011, 11:38 AM

http://pitchfork.com/news/42872-watch-arcade-fire-perform-new-arrangements-of-sprawl-ii-and-we-used-to-wait-live/

Dave
September 9th, 2013, 5:12 PM
JUST A REFLEKTOR!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E0fVfectDo

Their new single was officially released today (after leaking on Saturday). The album's out at the end of October, and in the pre-order it says that it'll be a double album.

This track has grabbed me stronger than either The Suburbs or Month of May did. You can tell the James Murphy influence and it's got me far too excited for the new album, and then the promise of the following world tour. The section around 3:16 in that video is just one of those bits that I can sense will be disturbingly wonderful in a live setting.

Jimmy Zero
September 10th, 2013, 9:00 PM
I dig it. It's got a real Talking Heads flavor to it.

Canuck
September 11th, 2013, 3:19 PM
I just hope to fuck they hit Ireland while I'm here.

Track has grasped me more than Month of may, but not so much as Intervention or Rebellion.

I have a massive boner at the prospect of seeing them. BUCKET LIST.