PDA

View Full Version : Super Mario Crossover

Bill Casey
May 27th, 2010, 2:25 AM
http://supermariocrossover.com/

An amazing fusion of NES titles. You can play the original Super Mario Bros as Samus, Megaman, Link, Simon Belmont and Bill Rizer From Contra...

The characters can all still jump on heads, but have additional powers, unique upgrades and physics...

And Ryu Hyabusa is coming...
Oh god, is he coming...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sbaHRBa3-WM

Holy shit...

Vice
May 27th, 2010, 2:46 AM
Brilliant game. Posted this in the VIP thread up in W-land a while ago. I still play it every now and then, and was super thrilled to see news of Ryu Hayabusa.

I wish there was a ROM of it so I could play it on my big TV with a controller.

Bill Casey
June 11th, 2010, 4:01 PM
New Trailer for Version 1.1...
Everyone is upgraded except Bill, because Bill is already awesome...

YouTube- Super Mario Bros. Crossover Version 1.1 Trailer

blackening
June 11th, 2010, 4:14 PM
That is fucking awesome.

Nina Graza
June 11th, 2010, 5:31 PM
very damn awesome.

Nemephosis
June 11th, 2010, 11:23 PM
Oh my fucking God, I can't wait. Incredible enough for Ryu alone, he upgraded everyone else. Well, except Bill cause as stated he is already a game-owner.

Nemephosis
June 13th, 2010, 7:34 PM
ha actually I'd like to have really overpowered the Contra guy, and put in Mad Dog from Contra 3, with the crazy-fast machine gun as your starting weapon... first upgrade could be the spread, and second upgrade, the flamethrower...

edit: eh but then that's from the SNES not the NES... drat.

Bill Casey
June 15th, 2010, 1:42 PM
I'd like to have...

- Kirby (Kirby's Adventure)
- Arthur (Ghosts & Goblins)
- Pit (Kid Icarus)
- Luigi (Super Mario Bros 2)
- Billy Lee (Double Dragon Series)
- Rash (Battletoads)

Nemephosis
June 26th, 2010, 12:25 AM
1.1 is released.

My God, it is amazing just how BIG small changes can be.

Simon Belmont with the changed jumping has just become a fucking beast. He is not only a joy to play as now, but I will be damned if he isn't one of the best characters overall now. One of the best. I would still rank Bill SLIGHTLY above Simon, if only for the fact Bill can aim his weapons better than Simon. The axes are good (nothing changed except his jump handling) but they can be difficult to aim. Bill gets a slight nod, but his commanding lead over everyone else is far diminished.

Mega Man, ohhh... this hurts. His jumping is not as good, but he gets Rush Coil, which technically lets him get more height than he used to... but man, this is what kills him for me: You can't slide long distances by holding down and mashing the jump button anymore. If you press the Jump button while sliding, he jumps and stops. I can't use him in world 8-4 anymore cause I can't slide under the fire wands, and this just ruins him for me. Deal breaker. Won't be playing him anymore.

Then again, I won't need to since Simon is an ass kicker now.

Link is so much improved. He can now attack and throw his boomerang up and down too, making him that much more useful. It doesn't seem like a lot, but you can shoot the Lakitus out of the sky with him if you have firepower now. So that's a huge deal for Link.

Samus can now duck and shoot Goombas. Again, tiny change, big difference in her playability. Powerups go the other way now in terms of her appearance: she starts off without the armour (same shitty short beam) and when you get a mushroom, you get Samus' armour with the long beam, and a flower gets you the Varia suit with the wave beam. It's gonna be visually disconcerting for a minute or so, you're going to think you don't have the right powerup or what, but you will. lol.

Mario, well, he's Mario. Still.

Of course, the new guy is the most intriguing: Ryu. The trailers make this guy out to be better than I thought, but I know it's just cause I suck with him and can't do nearly the impressive things the guy who made the game can. I can't even make the windmill shuriken do two passes let alone make it go indefinitely like the game creator can. Still, he is definitely interesting. His jumps sort of suck, but you can save yourself from pits by clinging to the wall. And you get used to it fast. He can attack with a sword, or with shurikens. I wouldn't call him overpowered, but he's definitely fun to play. If he could only aim the shurikens in multiple directions... but that might make him too good then too.

There's difficulty settings now, ranging from Super Easy where (mostly) everything dies in one hit (bloopers take two, Bowser takes 4 or 5), to Extreme where they replace the Goombas with a cross between Buzzy Beetles and Spinies and speed the enemies up by almost 100%. And of course everything you CAN kill takes more hits from weapons (so you may be better off just jumping on them.)

And beating the game lets you have a little "fun" with it, should you choose to... but you're going to have to beat it to find out.

This is a huge improvement to the game, and the guy says it's only beginning to take the shape of what he wants it to be. This shit is only going to get even bigger yet. I definitely want Pit in here next.

Mark Hammer
June 26th, 2010, 12:42 AM
When I click the link it's the same ol' game. :confused:

Nemephosis
June 26th, 2010, 12:56 AM
he moved it, sorry.

www.supermariobroscrossover.com

Also he recommends using a controller to play it... but come on, you have to really suck ass to not be able to use a keyboard. Even I can manage it.

JP
June 26th, 2010, 3:58 AM
:shocked:

Wow.

Vice
June 26th, 2010, 4:01 AM
he moved it, sorry.

www.supermariobroscrossover.com

Also he recommends using a controller to play it... but come on, you have to really suck ass to not be able to use a keyboard. Even I can manage it.

It's not a matter of sucking or not. It's just not nearly as much fun with a keyboard.

Nemephosis
June 26th, 2010, 1:10 PM
to me anyway, the input device doesn't matter, the game is still a lot of fun to play. I can't wait for the next release, as he says this is just the beginning.

Atty
June 26th, 2010, 6:07 PM
It's Mario. It needs the controller. It's just uncivilized to not use one.

Bill Casey
June 26th, 2010, 9:46 PM
It's a shame you can undo the changes to Samus Aran and Simon Belmont in the options menu, but not to Mega Man...
Mega Man went from one of the best characters to one of the worst...

His jumping mechanics are now just annoying and awful...
I don't want to have to call down the Rush Coil in the correct spot just to make a jump every other character can make...
He's become the new Simon Belmont...

And Belmont has become awesome...

Anaconda Sniper
June 26th, 2010, 11:02 PM
Yeah Mega Man and Bill were my two favorites in the original but now Mega Man kinda blows. Simon is amazing now. And Link is way better. I"m still trying to get used to Ryu though..he is really fun though. But Bill is still my fav.

Anaconda Sniper
June 28th, 2010, 1:20 AM
tbh Samus is quickly becoming my favorite now. Its going to be hard to top Bill though.

Bill Casey
November 28th, 2010, 4:02 AM
Its going to be hard to top Bill though.
I think he might have...

Version 1.2 is coming

Vice
November 28th, 2010, 4:50 AM
My god.

Rip
November 28th, 2010, 5:16 AM
:eek:

:drool:

Bill Casey
November 28th, 2010, 4:35 PM
Did not expect Blaster Master to make an appearance...
Hidden gem...

Anaconda Sniper
November 28th, 2010, 5:17 PM
Hellz yeah.

Deewun
November 28th, 2010, 5:20 PM
Sweet.

Bill Casey
January 4th, 2011, 2:09 AM
Version 1.2 is out now...
There's Sofia, Survival Mode, and various unlockable cheats, including one that turns all enemies into Hammer Bros...

Bill Casey
February 16th, 2013, 5:23 PM
Version 2.1 was released in December...

2.0 Trailer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lE1K9yNDNA8

http://www.explodingrabbit.com/games/super-mario-bros-crossover

And through a kick-starter campaign, they are working on a fully funded a commercial version called "Super Retro Squad" the creator is trying to get on steam and consoles...

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.joystiq.com/media/2012/06/superretrosquad-1340742720.jpg

It's supposedly going to have forty levels across eight worlds, each world based on one of the characters...
Characters include Manny and Lanzo, two German miners who dug too deep and wound up in the asparagus kingdom, where they must rescue Princess Apricot...

Fanny
February 16th, 2013, 5:37 PM
wish they'd make something like this for the Wii or DS

turdpower
February 16th, 2013, 6:10 PM
The next character should be Eric Cantona from Fifa 97.

Bert
February 16th, 2013, 7:26 PM
lol Nemephosis, that guy was so crazy.

Vice
April 28th, 2013, 5:41 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qsr366dk14I&feature=player_embedded

JP
April 29th, 2013, 6:56 AM
I can't remember the last time I watched a trailer for a game with my mouth open in pure wonder.

Oh wait, yes I can, it was earlier version of this.