PDA

View Full Version : Southland

Kure
April 13th, 2010, 12:56 PM
I never saw this show when it was on NBC. Apparently no one else did either, which is why they cancelled it, but I loved it on TNT this year.

I've never seen a cop drama that brings the job out this realistically, or the effects he can have on the people that do it. It is great. No imaginary technology solving everything at the last minute. No forensic scientists clearing buildings with SWAT. Just street cops and detectives getting it done.

I think the show is amazing.

Unfortunately, it didn't get very good ratings on TNT either, so who knows if it will even be back for another season.

If any of you guys haven't seen it, I reccommend checking it out online or in reruns. Some people may not like it because it is so much different than CSI, etc. But you won't find a more realistic dipiction of police officers that I have ever seen.

Did anyone else like this show, or was it just me?

Tyson
April 13th, 2010, 9:09 PM
I loved Southland when it was on NBC, but I don't get TNT unfortunately.

Tim
April 14th, 2010, 1:14 AM
I watched a few episodes but couldn't get into it. It seemed like they wanted it to be a cop drama with edge but just didn't work. Might have been better on a station like FX.

Bluemoon
July 16th, 2010, 4:18 AM
This is now showing in the UK on a shit channel, I watched the 1st episode yesterday and I've got to say it had me hooked. I really enjoyed it and have 2 episodes waiting for me to watch later.

Kure
July 20th, 2010, 12:42 PM
TNT has apparently picked it up for another season, so there will definitely be at least one more.

VHS
May 11th, 2013, 10:03 PM
This show totally flew under my radar until I read it was being cancelled. I just watched the first episode of Season 1 and like Kure... I am now hooked. Have all five seasons waiting to be watched now. :)