PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Simon
August 17th, 2010, 9:30 AM
Ozil's gone to Madrid.

Chris Scott
August 17th, 2010, 9:32 AM
Brad Jones has signed for us.

Andy
August 17th, 2010, 9:32 AM
Mancini says Given is free to leave if he isn't happy, basically confirming Hart is definitely number 1.

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease :fingersx:

Simon
August 17th, 2010, 9:34 AM
Doubt he will sell him to you, for the same reasons he doesn't want to sell Bellamy to us. The Guardian reckon Fulham will get Given in, allowing you to sign Schwarzer.

Murphy
August 17th, 2010, 9:36 AM
Yeah, the Mirror says that too.

All I do is read the Mirror, clearly.

Chris Scott
August 17th, 2010, 9:37 AM
Yes those transfers are more likely to happen.

Andy
August 17th, 2010, 9:39 AM
Doubt he will sell him to you, for the same reasons he doesn't want to sell Bellamy to us. The Guardian reckon Fulham will get Given in, allowing you to sign Schwarzer.

Either way, as long as we get someone in.

Alf
August 17th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Rosky, at least you got a good player in return too.

I was so fucking gutted about Berba and he hadn't shown us half the dedication Milner showed Villa. I was gutted about Carrick too and we never replaced him adequately really... although Hudds is coming good and Modric has made the centre of the field his home.

Lets hope you spend the money wisely, just be thankful O'Neil isn't in charge of the purse strings.

Simon
August 17th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Just waiting for ECG to tell us to stop going on about the Milner deal because swap deals don't happen so neither of them have moved.

Andy
August 17th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Didn't he say it was the ridiculous Spurs ones that always get touted are the ones which never happen?

Simon
August 17th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Dunno, can't remember. It was only a laugh.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 17th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Didn't he say it was the ridiculous Spurs ones that always get touted are the ones which never happen?

Yes Andy I did say that. The ones Alf and Simon churn out once a week where Spurs are swapping half their squad for Ashley Young.

Simon
August 17th, 2010, 11:07 AM
You'll be sorry when we sign Ashley Young for £10m, Jermaine Jenas, Alan Hutton and a section of the Paxton Road end.

Simon
August 17th, 2010, 11:08 AM
Brad Jones has signed for us.

You must be delighted.

Lagom
August 17th, 2010, 1:35 PM
Ozil's gone to Madrid.

£11.5m?!

That has to be the bargain of the summer... If Ferguson was, as reported, interested in this kid, why would he not stump up what is a relatively meagre sum and take the lad to Old Trafford? Don't get me wrong, I'm eternally grateful that he didn't, because I'd hate to hate Ozil, but it would have been nice to have a talent like that come to the Premiership.

Considering Milner has almost certainly been sold for around £18m + Ireland, I'd say a deal like this represents ridiculous value for money. I can only assume now, that Madrid will send a makeweight on loan to Werder Bremen, just to sweeten the deal.

Either way, what a great piece of busniess by Mourihno, and fingers crossed that he gets his chance there and doesn't decline due to lack of playing time.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 17th, 2010, 1:36 PM
Maybe because Ozil wanted to go to Real Madrid?

Mikey_Jones
August 17th, 2010, 1:36 PM
I think the low fee was partly because he was in his last year of contract

Lazurus
August 17th, 2010, 1:39 PM
1 year left and it's where he wanted to go; he'd have said that if he didn't go now he would go in a year for free.

Lagom
August 17th, 2010, 1:43 PM
I'm fairly sure he came out no more than a couple of weeks ago and said that his dream was to play for Barca..

Oh, and they've got Khedira too... How many midfielders do they need?

Keano's Magic Hat
August 17th, 2010, 1:55 PM
Ozil said a couple of weeks back that United was very appealing. I think we'd have got him for the right place.

But we signed this homeless lad instead. I bet he's better than Ozil.

jesus sucks
August 17th, 2010, 2:00 PM
apologies if i'm hours late, but just seen City have agreed the fee for Milner.

have to say good signing. not a massive fan of the player, but he'll improve that midfield and give 10 goals where they currently have no goals. we had the chance to sign Milner for about 6m a few years ago. Rafa being the genius that he thought he was bought some random foreign dickhead instead, can't remember who, but he was shit and isn't at the club anymore.

this spending by city is ridiculous but impressive. really shouldn't be allowed, but being honest i hope we are in the position to do the exact same thing by the january window. apparently we have 5 bidders, i really don't see the point in selling to owners that won't match city's spending. city are there already, so what's the point getting in sensible owners with a budget of 20m plus sales. yeah it'd be a vast improvement and a relief, but fat lot of good that will do us as far as actually winning trophies. get in an owner who will spunk their money up the wall and let's win the title.

Darkoke
August 18th, 2010, 8:10 AM
Ten Bosman buys still there for the taking

The quality of the players that can be picked up without having to pay a penny - besides a hefty signing on fees and huge wages - has diminished as the summer has dragged on, but there are still a fair few bargains to be had. These guys could all yet play in the Premier League next season...

William Gallas
The former Arsenal captain is the undoubted pick of the bunch, though any applicants must have a monster wage budget. Harry Redknapp has admitted that he'd like him at White Hart Lane.

Paul Scharner
The Austrian fan of zany hairstyles went public last month about his desperation to join Liverpool after leaving Wigan yet remains unattached. He may be too ambitious to sign for a mid-table club.

Wilfred Bouma
The Aston Villa departee has been on trial with former side PSV, but they need to sell a defender first, prompting Red Bull Salzburg to get involved. Our hunch is that Fulham would be a good fit.

Steve Finnan
One of the most underrated players in the Premier League in his Liverpool days, Finnan isn't at that level now, however he's far from past it. Could he help West Ham to finally replace Lucas Neill?

Salif Diao
Tony Pulis wanted him to stay on at Stoke, only for the Senegalese midfielder to decide recently that he wanted to play more frequently. Perhaps one of the promoted trio will offer him that opportunity.

Benjani
The 32-year-old could get just one more shot in the Premier League after disappointing spells with Manchester City and Sunderland, and Sam Allardyce may provide it, having taken the striker on trial.

Darius Vassell
Leeds are thought to be favourites to sign the 22-time England forward after his season in Turkey, yet it wouldn't be a massive shock if a Premier League club decided he was worth a punt as backup.

Jay DeMerit
Signing someone last seen at a struggling Championship side won't inspire fans but Wigan can hardly be choosy given their defensive record. Steven Caldwell has been considered, so why not DeMerit?

Jeremie Aliadiere
Buoyed by the success experienced by their last striker that Middlesbrough wanted shot of (Mido), West Ham will apparently give the Frenchman a chance to add to his dozen Premier League goals.

Liam Rosenior
The defender was tipped for big things as a youngster, however was released by Reading in May. We reckon career resuscitator extraordinaire Ian Holloway should make the 24-year-old his latest project.

http://www.betfairfootball.com/premier-league/ten-bosman-buys-still-there-for-the-taking-180810.html?rfr=18057

Chris Scott
August 18th, 2010, 9:34 AM
Some decent players on that list, I'd take Finnan back easily. He can cover RB and LB.

MMH
August 18th, 2010, 9:56 AM
isnt he like 35 or something now?

The Rosk
August 18th, 2010, 10:02 AM
http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/PA-9326856.jpg

"I'm off to win the League, good luck at your new club".

"Thanks Stephen!!!!!"

a]
skopaks['pklasl;aks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RFF Champ
August 18th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Moussa Dembele has joined Fulham.

Gera and Zamora looked quality together last season so I can't see why Hughes would break them up but Dembele does have a lot of pace which I guess their team lacks.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 18th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Gibson off to Stoke on loan, with Raul Meireles, who has been left out of Porto's squad to play in Europe, coming in for £15m+.

Thought Meireles looked a bit shit at the World Cup, though he has impressed whenever I've seen him at Porto.

RFF Champ
August 18th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Is that from a good source or just paper talk?

Andy
August 18th, 2010, 11:02 AM
That would take the summer spending to what, £40m+? Better get the green and gold scarves ready. :rolleyes:

Keano's Magic Hat
August 18th, 2010, 11:05 AM
From the Portuguese paper 'A Bola'. Him being left out of the European squad suggests there's something in the story.

Gibson story from ESPN's Stoke correspondent http://twitter.com/espn_stoke

Keano's Magic Hat
August 18th, 2010, 11:06 AM
That would take the summer spending to what, £40m+? Better get the green and gold scarves ready. :rolleyes:

Yeah, mate. Only another £50million and we'll see the Ronaldo money reinvested in the squad :rolleyes:

The Rosk
August 18th, 2010, 11:06 AM
So here's Ferguson going off on one about City's "kamikaze" spending, while he spunks:

£15m+ on Raul Meireles
£8m on a lesbian from Mexico
£10m on Smalling who has played 13 senior games in his life
£7m - Bebe who he has never seen play before

I dunno.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 18th, 2010, 11:08 AM
So here's Ferguson going off on one about City's "kamikaze" spending, while he spunks:

£15m+ on Raul Meireles

I dunno.

I doubt we spent anything like that on Bebe or Smalling up front. Probably a couple of million on both max.

That leaves us with Hernandez, who looks an absolute steal at that price.

Andy
August 18th, 2010, 11:10 AM
You did spend upwards of £7/8m on Bebe up front because you bought out his contract.

BBF
August 18th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Without Ferguson ever seeing him play...

Andy
August 18th, 2010, 11:15 AM
£7.4m was his buy-out clause by all accounts.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 18th, 2010, 11:15 AM
You did spend upwards of £7/8m on Bebe up front because you bought out his contract.

Where has his buy out clause been confirmed as that price? It's quite unlikely, imo.

jesus sucks
August 18th, 2010, 11:16 AM

£15m+ on Raul Meireles

I dunno.

agree. every year he spends shitloads, he's always been a chequebook manager whether it be transfer fees or wages (roy keane 100k a week back in the days when 40k was about the top rate for a player at any other club). a fucking great one he is, and backs it up by winning trophies. but still a chequebook manager nevertheless.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 18th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Telegraph also reporting the Gibson to Stoke story. Got to be a midfielder coming in, surely.

Andy
August 18th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Spending in general in this window has been quite odd. Man City have to be considered as a seperate force obviously, but Man United spending £7.4m on an unknown attacking midfielder when someone like Ozil was available for less than double the price is just strange.

BBF
August 18th, 2010, 11:33 AM
less than double.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 18th, 2010, 11:34 AM
We didn't spend £7.4m on him, ffs. Guarenteed.

And even if we did, the lad scored 40 goals in 6 games at a homeless persons' tournament. That's a proven pedigree, son.

Andy
August 18th, 2010, 11:35 AM
less than double.

Yeah, that would've made it even stranger.

Beefy
August 18th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Spending in general in this window has been quite odd. Man City have to be considered as a seperate force obviously, but Man United spending £7.4m on an unknown attacking midfielder when someone like Ozil was available for less than half the price is just strange.

You mean twice the price.

EDIT - as everyone else has pointed out. FFS Andy. :nono:

Andy
August 18th, 2010, 11:36 AM
YEAH CHEERS MATE I MADE AN ERROR OK

Beefy
August 18th, 2010, 11:37 AM
We didn't spend £7.4m on him, ffs. Guarenteed.

And even if we did, the lad scored 40 goals in 6 games at a homeless persons' tournament. That's a proven pedigree, son.

Surely a buy-out clause is a buy-out clause. There's no installments or clauses conditional on success.

Most of these signings will be on low wages, which goes someway towards justifying the inflated-looking transfer fees. Young players too so they will be investments.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 18th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Spending in general in this window has been quite odd. Man City have to be considered as a seperate force obviously, but Man United spending £7.4m on an unknown attacking midfielder when someone like Ozil was available for less than double the price is just strange.

Ozil went for twice that price and you have to remember Ozil may not have wanted to go to England. I would guess Manchester United, Chelsea and Arsenal all wanted Ozil, probably Liverpool and Man City too, particularly at that price but if he wants to go somewhere else then it's all fairly irrelevant. What was clear is that Ozil didn't seem too bothered about moving until Real Madrid came in, then he began to get upset with Bremen.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 18th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Surely a buy-out clause is a buy-out clause. There's no installments or clauses conditional on success.

Most of these signings will be on low wages, which goes someway towards justifying the inflated-looking transfer fees. Young players too so they will be investments.

Where has his buy out clause been confirmed at that price?

Andy
August 18th, 2010, 11:41 AM
Apparently Kevin-Prince Boateng has gone to Genoa for £5m, and they're going to loan him straight to Milan. :dunno:

Beefy
August 18th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Where has his buy out clause been confirmed at that price?

That's the figure that has been quoted as fact by the Press. If it was a transfer fee then I'd agree that the fee wouldn't actually be that high (ie there's no way that you've paid anything like 10m for Smalling) but the value of buy out clauses is public knowledge in Spain and Portugal so it seems fairly apparent that that is the amount that you will have paid.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/11/manchester-united-sign-striker-bebe

jesus sucks
August 18th, 2010, 11:44 AM
ferguson has a really good eye for a player normally. i'd wait to see the bloke before he's judged. as i said he spends alot, so he can't complain about man city. but he wins alot for his spending.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 18th, 2010, 11:53 AM
That's the figure that has been quoted as fact by the Press. If it was a transfer fee then I'd agree that the fee wouldn't actually be that high (ie there's no way that you've paid anything like 10m for Smalling) but the value of buy out clauses is public knowledge in Spain and Portugal so it seems fairly apparent that that is the amount that you will have paid.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/11/manchester-united-sign-striker-bebe

Again, none of this is confirmed. As far as I'm aware, the Portuguese side received four offers (I'm going to assume these offers did not meet the buyout clause), it seems a bit strange for United to jump in with such a huge offer.

The 'reported' fee comes from that article. There's no confirmation of it anywhere else. Anybody who thinks a side like Vitória de Guimarães would hold out for 9million euros on a player they signed for free 5 weeks earlier is crazy.

Simon
August 18th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Ferguson has already said they matched the buyout clause. Vitoria were able to hold out for the buyout fee because Madrid and Benfica were both interested. United basically trumped those two by getting the deal done as quickly as possible ie. by buying out his contract and so removing any need for haggling over the price. There's an article about it in The Guardian today.

Lagom
August 18th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Why would they not hold out? They're having bids chucked at them by one of the biggest and most powerful clubs in Europe, and probably the World. They'd only signed him 5 weeks earlier, as a relative unknown, and then have a club like Man Utd come in and offer them megabucks, at least to them, for him, they'd have surely thought that they'd either let United pay the full release clause, or simply hold onto what they must now believe to be one of the brightest talents emerging from Portugal, sign him to a new contract with a higher buy out clause, and let them come back for him at a later date.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 18th, 2010, 12:04 PM
The statement by United says they signed him for an undisclosed fee, as usual. Also, some confusion in reports over whether is a striker or a winger. I suppose a lot of players these days are both.

They're probably paying him in methadone and Big Issues.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 18th, 2010, 12:10 PM
Ferguson has already said they matched the buyout clause. Vitoria were able to hold out for the buyout fee because Madrid and Benfica were both interested. United basically trumped those two by getting the deal done as quickly as possible ie. by buying out his contract and so removing any need for haggling over the price. There's an article about it in The Guardian today.

When did Ferguson say this? Quotes, please.

A bid of £2million rising to £10million through appeareances, trophies etc could be considered 'getting the deal done quickly' depending on what Barca, Real, Benfica offered.

Lazurus
August 18th, 2010, 12:21 PM
Apparently Kevin-Prince Boateng has gone to Genoa for £5m, and they're going to loan him straight to Milan. :dunno:

Something to do with the rules on signing foreign players that they have in Italy.

Nothing corrupt about it at all. :scared:

Simon
August 18th, 2010, 12:23 PM
When did Ferguson say this? Quotes, please.

A bid of £2million rising to £10million through appeareances, trophies etc could be considered 'getting the deal done quickly' depending on what Barca, Real, Benfica offered.

Trying to find quotes right now, it was from a couple of days ago. You seem absolutely desperate to believe he hasn't overspent, why? Shitting your pants a bit about Fergie losing his marbles?

El Capitano Gatisto
August 18th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Trying to find quotes right now, it was from a couple of days ago. You seem absolutely desperate to believe he hasn't overspent, why? Shitting your pants a bit about Fergie losing his marbles?

It's not really any different to you and Alf constantly revising every transfer deal Spurs are involved in a futile bid to make it look like you come up in profit. Well, only different in the sense you do that ALL THE TIME and this is KMH's first go. You should be giving him a few tips.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 18th, 2010, 12:32 PM

-Real Madrid were interested
-Benfica were interested
-Barcelona were interested
-Carlos Queiroz, who has a fantastic record at finding young players, recommended him.
-Our scouts were so excited by what they saw that Ferguson had no choice but to sign him as soon as possible.
-The Portuguese press have already touted him as a potential world beater.
-He's huge and fast as fuck. Both footed and has a decent shot.
-He was homeless a couple of months ago and with his first wage packet bought his mates at the orphanage some new shoes and decent clothes. He seems like a decent bloke who will appreciate how lucky he is to be where he is today.
-He has destroyed every team he has ever played against.

Overspent? Don't be ridiculous. I'm hoping we've pulled off the bargain of the century, that's all.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 18th, 2010, 12:42 PM
Look at the goal scored here at 27 seconds. Like a Drogba goal.

http://videos.sapo.pt/jOkPfSjIZNI78QzIabLB

The Rosk
August 18th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Look at the goal scored here at 27 seconds. Like a Drogba goal.

http://videos.sapo.pt/jOkPfSjIZNI78QzIabLB

And the crowd go MENTAL.

Mik
August 18th, 2010, 1:56 PM

Makes no difference how much he was 'available' for if he didnt want to join Manchester United.

Andy
August 18th, 2010, 2:47 PM
Who says he didn't want to go to United? They didn't even bid for him as far as I'm aware. I'm just saying it's strange to pay that much for an unknown youngster when there are established good players available at a reasonable price.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 18th, 2010, 2:50 PM
Maybe Sir Alex didn't want Ozil?

Bluemoon
August 18th, 2010, 3:39 PM
Gutted we lost Bellamy and the way things went a bit shit with him, but it wouldn't be Bellers if didn't. Gutted for Ireland too they was he was just fucked off hopefully he does well for Villa.

I love this bit about him,

Ireland's no-nonsense style, commitment and creativity has made him popular with supporters and what he lacks in some areas, he makes up for with passion.

When City suffered a humiliating 8-1 defeat at Middlesbrough on the final day of the 2007-08 season, Ireland was so appalled by the nonchalant reaction to the reverse by his team-mates that he refused to board the team coach home and instead summoned his girlfriend to bring the car to the entrace of the Riverside Stadium.

That summer, while his colleagues were enjoying lavish holidays, Ireland accepted a friend's invitation to work out at a martial arts gym and trained ferociously. Each session included several hours of hill running.

As for James Milner he has developed into a top player over the last few years and is a solid, hard working professional. It will be very interesting to see how he fits in with all the ''superstars''.....I hope he has a great career at City.

City captain at the start of next season, if not sooner. Mark my words.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 18th, 2010, 3:45 PM
Milner has never struck me as the captain type. I think City's captain will probably be one of the (very) few players who are nailed on to be starting every week. Probably the keeper.

Bluemoon
August 18th, 2010, 3:53 PM
He seems like a leader to me, I think once he settles down in the team and plays week in week out, Mancini will make him captain.

RFF Champ
August 18th, 2010, 3:57 PM
Just before the World Cup both Gordon Banks and Geoff Hurst came out and said they thought he is a future England captain.

I just don't think he's got the personality for it. He leads by example but he isn't very verbal.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 18th, 2010, 4:02 PM
A captain in football is basically meaningless beyond being some sort of symbolic honour so it hardly matters if he talks a lot.

RFF Champ
August 18th, 2010, 4:13 PM
I don't agree with that. The captain is there to keep the spirits of the team up. When things aren't going well you need the captain to be a man that can inspire the team to continue battling. It's something we lacked last season when Nicky Butt was captain but Alan Smith and Kevin Nolan were much better at. Luckily when Butt did captain the team things were largely going well.

I think in some cases you're right and players are given the captaincy solely to keep them happy but I still think it's a worthwhile role.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 18th, 2010, 4:39 PM
There's no reason why a captain's armband would mean any other player cannot pipe up. It's not like rugby or cricket where the captain is there basically to make tactical decisions etc. There's no sense in football that you defer to your captain since the coach is right there at the touchline telling you what to do. In football the most tactically important player, who dictates shape etc, isn't always the captain. It's usually the highest profile or most experienced player.

Arsenal fans can breathe a sigh of relief, Mertesacker was on the pitch being a mess for Bremen tonight so presumably Wenger won't be buying him.

RFF Champ
August 18th, 2010, 4:44 PM
So you agree that having a player who is willing to be verbal and a leader on the pitch is worthwhile. In most teams this is the captain and is usually one of the attributes that a manager looks for when selecting a captain. There are, of course, exceptions.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 18th, 2010, 4:48 PM
No, I am saying that having a captain is utterly meaningless in terms of whether a player is vocal or not. Players who are vocal will be regardless, there is no concept in football of a captain being a legitimate authority in terms of decision making, tactical approaches etc. It's a symbolic thing which is why it tends to be given to the highest profile or oldest player. You really think, say, in the Man Utd team that there really is a hierarchy in Giggs, Neville, Ferdinand, or Scholes depending on who has an armband on?

In rugby or cricket if you have the wrong captain they can actually balls your team or gameplan up. Not the case in football.

RFF Champ
August 18th, 2010, 4:55 PM
I didn't say it would ruin your 'gameplan' up if your captain isn't vocal. I don't see what's confusing about this, if a captain is verbal then all the better for the team. If the captain isn't verbal but someone else is and the manager is then fine but most managers will select a captain as someone who will lead the team.

As I said, when Nicky Butt was captain the team needed someone to be shouting in there ear he wouldn't do that much and the likes of Nolan wouldn't do it because it's not specifically their role, it was different when they had the armband and that was specifically their responsibility.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 18th, 2010, 5:02 PM
There's nothing confusing about it. I am telling you it doesn't matter who the captain is. If you really think footballers keep quiet because they don't have an armband on then you are just talking out of your arse.

RFF Champ
August 18th, 2010, 5:09 PM
I'm not saying they simply won't talk but when it's not their responsibility they won't take it upon themselves as much.

The issue at hand was that it makes more sense to select a captain that has the respect of the players and is willing to be verbal on the pitch.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 18th, 2010, 5:24 PM
Balls. Also, of course it makes more sense. It's a symbolic honour bestowed on a player, it's hardly going to be bestowed on some dickhead no one likes.

Andy
August 18th, 2010, 5:31 PM
Arsenal fans can breathe a sigh of relief, Mertesacker was on the pitch being a mess for Bremen tonight so presumably Wenger won't be buying him.

Haha, I saw the second half and he was atroicious. Pazzini's goal was just dreadful defending from him.

It would just be nice to know that we won't have to play a youngster or someone out of position because of our lack of defenders, which is what's going to happen on Saturday.

The Rosk
August 18th, 2010, 5:45 PM
As for James Milner he has developed into a top player over the last few years and is a solid, hard working professional. It will be very interesting to see how he fits in with all the ''superstars''.....I hope he has a great career at City.

City captain at the start of next season, if not sooner. Mark my words.

He seems like a leader to me, I think once he settles down in the team and plays week in week out, Mancini will make him captain.

You've changed your tune.

Now we are going to probably waste £30m on James Milner.

Milner isn't and shouldn't be rated at that though.

Oh and rosk Milner was on Vieira's back pocket most off the game, he couldn't even get close to him and he is 30 plus old and you want Milner to start in the world cup.

Lazurus
August 18th, 2010, 5:47 PM
:lol:

The Rosk
August 18th, 2010, 5:49 PM
*Milner as a Villa player*
FUCKING CUNT VIEIRA IS BETTER FUCKING NOT WORTH ANYTHING FUCKING IRELAND IS BETTER THAN THAT CUNT*

*Milner as a City player*
FUCKING TOP PROFESSIONAL LADS, CITY AND ENGLAND CAPTAIN, JIMMY TIL I DIE

Bluemoon
August 18th, 2010, 6:02 PM
SHOCK

Another person who saves peoples quotes just so he can go back to and try and make himself look good.

He's still not worth £30m and would have been a waste off money, but we paid half and swapped a player who I wouldn't rate as good. We didn't pay £30m straight cash.

Also that game Vieira did get the better off Milner, won't be the first and won't be the last Milner will have a shit game.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 18th, 2010, 6:04 PM
Interesting choice of quotes. Interesting because BlueMoon didn't say that Milner was shit, nor did he say that Vieira was better than him.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 18th, 2010, 6:06 PM
Villa got way better end of that deal. Milner is a good player but players like Stephen Ireland are harder to come by. I think he has a very big future if he's used properly. Man City don't do themselves any favours by getting rid of the continuity of talented players who have come through their youth system.

If Ireland has a great season or two for Villa, are City going to buy him back when they're doing their next squad overhaul? They'll need to do this again next summer because they don't have a squad good enough to win the league.

Bluemoon
August 18th, 2010, 6:09 PM
Yeah they did get the better deal, I'm not saying they didn't and yes like I've already said it's harsh about Ireland.

The Rosk
August 18th, 2010, 6:22 PM
SHOCK

Another person who saves peoples quotes just so he can go back to and try and make himself look good.

He's still not worth £30m and would have been a waste off money, but we paid half and swapped a player who I wouldn't rate as good. We didn't pay £30m straight cash.

It's called a search function. It takes two minutes mate.

And I remember because you had an attitude towards Milner that I knew would change when you bought him. It was around the time we were going to your place to try and get fourth place so of course I will remember, he was my favourite player and you were less than complimentary about him.

Interesting choice of quotes. Interesting because BlueMoon didn't say that Milner was shit, nor did he say that Vieira was better than him.

When did I say he said that you moron.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 18th, 2010, 6:28 PM
When did I say he said that you moron.

Moron? You said it right here, mate:

*Milner as a Villa player*
FUCKING CUNT VIEIRA IS BETTER FUCKING NOT WORTH ANYTHING FUCKING IRELAND IS BETTER THAN THAT CUNT*

Are you a bit stupid?

The Rosk
August 18th, 2010, 6:29 PM
Yeah I also said in that second post that BlueMoon said "MILNER TIL I DIE" so you might want to work on your understanding of language.

Or you could offer to fight me if you still want to make a stupid point for no reason.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 18th, 2010, 6:40 PM
Yeah I also said in that second post that BlueMoon said "MILNER TIL I DIE" so you might want to work on your understanding of language.

Or you could offer to fight me if you still want to make a stupid point for no reason.

Erm, no. The point you were making was that BlueMoon had suddenly changed his tune in regards to Milner. In reality, we have no evidence of the sort. Vieira did dominate him in that game, and £30m for him would have been a waste.

My understanding of language is fine, mate. Perhaps a greater understanding on your part would actually allow you to argue a point and support it adequately.

The Rosk
August 18th, 2010, 6:42 PM
Erm, no. The point you were making was that BlueMoon had suddenly changed his tune in regards to Milner. In reality, we have no evidence of the sort. Vieira did dominate him in that game, and £30m for him would have been a waste.

Aaaannnnnnnnddddddddddd the penny drops.

If youc an't see the difference between those two attitudes then I'm afraid I have no more to discuss with you here. You can carry on pretending Fergie isn't going mental in his old age now.

The Rosk
August 18th, 2010, 6:46 PM
I am actually going to bed now so I can't bloody wait until the morning to see how you remember a discussion you weren't involved in better than I can.

CITY CAPTAIN LADS

:LOL:

Bluemoon
August 18th, 2010, 6:48 PM
It's called a search function. It takes two minutes mate.

And I remember because you had an attitude towards Milner that I knew would change when you bought him. It was around the time we were going to your place to try and get fourth place so of course I will remember, he was my favourite player and you were less than complimentary about him.

Actually the whole thing with Milner was after we beat you at our place. I said Vieira had Milner in his back pocket(which he did) and then the debate carried over to me saying he shouldn't start ahead off Gerrard and you off course defending him.

Bluemoon
August 18th, 2010, 6:52 PM
And you can find all the quotes and drag them up all you want.

Also like already mentioned I haven't said Milner is shit for Villa nor had any attitude towards him. I stand buy what I say.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 18th, 2010, 7:07 PM
Mate, you said that you'd rather have Gerrard in the England side. This clearly means you think Milner is shit, and any post you make from here on that praises Milner will only go to show how fickle you are :rolleyes:

UK Blue
August 18th, 2010, 7:54 PM
In the most interesting bit of transfer gossip of the day, we've got Sam Sodje on trial.

Lazurus
August 19th, 2010, 4:17 AM
The most exciting gossip of the day is that after Internacional have won the Copa Libertadores; Sandro should be with us very soon.

:panic:

A NEW PLAYER!!!!!!

Beefy
August 19th, 2010, 4:31 AM
In the most interesting bit of transfer gossip of the day, we've got Sam Sodje on trial.

Do you still have Darryl Flahavan on trial? I heard something the other week but then nothing since. That would be quite the story.

Simon
August 19th, 2010, 4:54 AM
Fuck me, I swear every debate in here nowadays descends into name-calling and abuse within five posts. This place is going down the sewer, sort it out lads.

Simon
August 19th, 2010, 5:30 AM
Arsenal to sign Sebastian Squillaci from Sevilla apparently, €8m.

Torn
August 19th, 2010, 5:36 AM

I love him. I think his knees are fucked Ledley King style now though.

RFF Champ
August 19th, 2010, 6:30 AM
Vladimir Weiss going on loan to Rangers is a shame because I would have liked to have him in our squad for the season. We could do with another decent winger.

jesus sucks
August 19th, 2010, 6:59 AM
Arsenal to sign Sebastian Squillaci from Sevilla apparently, €8m.

who?

Simon
August 19th, 2010, 7:00 AM
Sebastian Squillaci

jesus sucks
August 19th, 2010, 7:01 AM
ah, sebastian SQUILLACI!!!! the household name himself. another classic from Arsene "i was once the man, 12 years ago" Wenger.

Hlebsfall
August 19th, 2010, 7:06 AM
Arsenal should be setting their standards a bit higher. Go for someone like Paul Konchesky.

Andy
August 19th, 2010, 7:08 AM
Oh my god, we're actually trying to sign an experienced international defender. :hyper::panic::hyper:

HartBreakKid SWAGGER
August 19th, 2010, 7:16 AM
ah, sebastian SQUILLACI!!!! the household name himself. another classic from Arsene "i was once the man, 12 years ago" Wenger.

He's quite well known to anyone with a half decent knowledge of the game.

jesus sucks
August 19th, 2010, 7:20 AM
Arsenal should be setting their standards a bit higher. Go for someone like Paul Konchesky.

maybe if you sign Konchesky he can help you beat a team of 9 men.

jesus sucks
August 19th, 2010, 7:24 AM
Oh my god, we're actually trying to sign an experienced international defender. :hyper::panic::hyper:

who's he then? and are you signing him instead of Sebastian Squillachi.

Andy
August 19th, 2010, 7:28 AM
"The player asked not to play because of the offer from such a big team but, for the moment, we believe the offer is insufficient and Squillaci is still a Sevilla player," said Rodriguez after the La Liga outfit's 1-0 defeat at Braga on Wednesday.

Ah, so we're still a long way off then. This is what was said about Schwarzer three months ago.

MichaelC
August 19th, 2010, 7:32 AM
If Arsenal can get a CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINALIST international defender with over 40 Champions League matches to his name, then good on them.

jesus sucks
August 19th, 2010, 7:36 AM
If Arsenal can get a CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINALIST international defender with over 40 Champions League matches to his name, then good on them.

to be fair anyone can go on wikipedia and read up, admit it if he walked past you in the street you wouldn't stop and go "hey look it's sebastian squillachi, that bloke who's played in a CL final and 40 CL matches".

Darkoke
August 19th, 2010, 7:42 AM
Nah you'd say "spare change mate?"

HartBreakKid SWAGGER
August 19th, 2010, 7:49 AM
Ohhh you have to be able to recognise a footballer in the street for them to be good? Gotcha.

Sandro, Bebe and Neymar must all be shit.

MMH
August 19th, 2010, 7:53 AM
to be fair anyone can go on wikipedia and read up, admit it if he walked past you in the street you wouldn't stop and go "hey look it's sebastian squillachi, that bloke who's played in a CL final and 40 CL matches".

Doesnt make him no good either.

jesus sucks
August 19th, 2010, 7:54 AM
whatever footballer you don't recognise in the street is surely a "who?" situation though, which was my original statement.

Andy
August 19th, 2010, 7:57 AM
Looks like Armand Traore is going to Benfica, possibly for as much as £3 million.

Good luck to him, unfortunately he was never good enough for Arsenal. His awareness was absolutely atrocious for a defender, but I can see him being a decent player on the wing, shame he never got much of a chance there for us.

HartBreakKid SWAGGER
August 19th, 2010, 7:59 AM
Not really. I've heard of loads of players, but wouldn't notice/recognise them if they walked down the street.

MMH
August 19th, 2010, 8:01 AM
whatever footballer you don't recognise in the street is surely a "who?" situation though, which was my original statement.

Your original statement seemed to make out that he was shit because you had never heard of him.

Which is rather odd.

jesus sucks
August 19th, 2010, 8:09 AM
i see Bunt just got banned again.

Beefy
August 19th, 2010, 8:11 AM
Yeah, I was happy to turn a blind eye to the sock (I'm sure most people have got one and he'll only move to using a different one now) but he needed to be a bit subtle about it.

Alf
August 19th, 2010, 8:17 AM

I agree with Tim...

There are players on that BT advert and I have no idea who they are.

Simon
August 19th, 2010, 8:37 AM
Was it Cuncha then?

Simon
August 19th, 2010, 8:40 AM
I love that BT advert. I'd love to have been in the meeting between Sky and BT when they were working out which players they could use that would both make BT an attractive proposition to potential subscribers, while at the same time emphasising how much better Sky is. Anelka, not allowed; Owen, fine. Jagielka no chance, but you can have Big Wes.

Andy
August 19th, 2010, 8:41 AM
Is Gareth Bale not on it aswell?

Simon
August 19th, 2010, 8:43 AM
Yeah, hardly one of the leading lights in the Premier League in terms of name value though is he. He is Reputation 140, Ability 190.

Andy
August 19th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Three months after having a £2m bid rejected by Fulham for Mark Schwarzer, we have gone back and offered... £2m.

Christ. Just pay the extra million they want, whatever. Same with Squillaci. Just sign the fucking players.

da_man
August 19th, 2010, 5:11 PM
Jon Walters signing for Stoke for £2.75m possibly rising to £4m. Unbelievable. He was crap as a youngster. He got sacked from Rovers for stealing off teammates, so a toerag to boot.

Andy
August 19th, 2010, 6:30 PM
Gallas having a medical at Tottenham tomorrow apparently. Decent signing if Spurs keep defending like they did against Young Boys.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 19th, 2010, 6:54 PM
Gallas has been an awful defender for a good couple of years now. So overrated it's unreal.

Andy
August 19th, 2010, 6:56 PM
You think all Arsenal defenders are overrated though. Bit of a nutcase but he's a good defender.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 19th, 2010, 6:57 PM
Actually, Gallas appears to be horrible character in general. Always having petty arguments on the pitch and doesn't seem the type who would have many friends.

Spurs don't need that.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 19th, 2010, 7:01 PM
You think all Arsenal defenders are overrated though. Bit of a nutcase but he's a good defender.

Arsenal have shite defenders, and defend awfully as a team. It's not a matter of bias, most fans would probably agree with me. I actually struggle to think of a defender anywhere who was as good as a 2001-2004 Sol Campbell, he was fucking awesome and I'd have been the first to admit that so your comment is a little unfair.

Gary J
August 19th, 2010, 7:06 PM
Jon Walters signing for Stoke for £2.75m possibly rising to £4m. Unbelievable. He was crap as a youngster. He got sacked from Rovers for stealing off teammates, so a toerag to boot.

He was shit when he was playing for us in league 2 as well can't believe he's gone for as much as that.

Andy
August 19th, 2010, 7:39 PM
Arsenal have shite defenders, and defend awfully as a team. It's not a matter of bias, most fans would probably agree with me. I actually struggle to think of a defender anywhere who was as good as a 2001-2004 Sol Campbell, he was fucking awesome and I'd have been the first to admit that so your comment is a little unfair.

I think it's a bit much to suggest all our defenders our shite, but we didn't defend well as a team last season. I think that was largely down to the goalkeeping situation though, such a lack of communication and being poor at dealing with set-pieces put our defence under a lot of pressure.

You're right though, Campbell was superb for us. Maybe Squillaci will add that extra bit of steel if he comes, can't say I've seen too much of him though.

JIJ
August 20th, 2010, 2:37 AM

We were linked with him but no way is he worth £4m. Dodged a bullet there Keano must be laughing

Simon
August 20th, 2010, 4:15 AM
Dunno what to think about us signing Gallas. Still good enough to be an asset to us, but an ex-Goon and a total cunt to boot. Team spirit is a fragile thing, hopefully he keeps his head down and Huddlestone gives him a dig if he steps out of line.

The Rosk
August 20th, 2010, 4:26 AM
I have to say an ex-Chelsea and Arsenal player well past his prime with a reputation for being a cunt is probably not the best addition, particularly when I presume you MUST be smashing your wage cap for him... right?

I don't see hnow he will "fit" into Spurs.

Simon
August 20th, 2010, 4:28 AM
The couple of rumours I've read are that it is a good financial deal for us, nowhere near denting our wage structure. His priority was to stay in London and no one else wanted him.

Also there's a rumour going around that Scott Parker's going back to Chelsea.

Winkle van Tinkle
August 20th, 2010, 4:34 AM
It hasn't broke the wage structure, but by all accounts it's a long deal, 3 years I heard. No-one else was willing to do that. Still be one of, if not the top earners too.

Alf
August 20th, 2010, 5:23 AM
Dunno what to think about us signing Gallas. Still good enough to be an asset to us, but an ex-Goon and a total cunt to boot. Team spirit is a fragile thing, hopefully he keeps his head down and Huddlestone gives him a dig if he steps out of line.

I'm in two minds too.

Did Gallas have a bad rep at Chelsea? I don't remember that he did.

I just think I'll judge him on his performances and not on the media circus surrounding him. Mido came to us with a terrible rep and never really did anything bad, same with Davids, and if anything Davids was a boost for us, and spent a lot of time with the younger players. Maybe Gallas will do the same...

Maybe.

RFF Champ
August 20th, 2010, 5:27 AM
When Gallas wanted to leave Chelsea I remember him saying that if they didn't allow it he'd just start scoring own goals for them. He's always been a bit of a drama queen.

The Rosk
August 20th, 2010, 5:32 AM
I'm in two minds too.

Did Gallas have a bad rep at Chelsea? I don't remember that he did.

I just think I'll judge him on his performances and not on the media circus surrounding him. Mido came to us with a terrible rep and never really did anything bad, same with Davids, and if anything Davids was a boost for us, and spent a lot of time with the younger players. Maybe Gallas will do the same...

Maybe.

Didn't Davids and Keane get into a fight?

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/04_03/gallas1404_468x565.jpg

Alf
August 20th, 2010, 5:35 AM
Like I said, he didn't do anything really bad.

Flare-ups happen every day on training pitches appaz.

And yeah, the photo is pretty much why I'm a bit 'errrrrr...' about it. Good defender though, so we'll see, if it happens that is.

Simon
August 20th, 2010, 5:39 AM
When Gallas wanted to leave Chelsea I remember him saying that if they didn't allow it he'd just start scoring own goals for them. He's always been a bit of a drama queen.

That was bollocks wasn't it, I thought he got an official apology from Chelsea for that?

The Rosk
August 20th, 2010, 5:40 AM
Another point I'd like to make is............. SURELY he will demand to play every game. With Dawson a lock in spite of his awful start to the season and King probably also expecting to play each game when fit, who is he going to replace.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 20th, 2010, 5:41 AM
I remember hearing that was nonsense as well. I think Gallas' attitude problems are overblown. He's just French.

He's still a top class defender so it's a good move for Spurs. If he acts up they can just release him again, if he plays well they have a brilliant defender with loads of experience which they clearly lack when it comes to Europe.

Winkle van Tinkle
August 20th, 2010, 9:00 AM
Guardiola: "Did the board offer me Ozil and Mascherano? No. Would I be interested in Mascherano if they did? We'll see."

And also...

OptaJoe
136 - Alberto Aquilani set up a goal every 136 minutes - the best assist rate in the top five leagues in Europe in 2009-10. Homesick. #LFC
about 3 hours ago via web

Going to Juve on loan.

What a waste of money for a club with no money.

Andy
August 20th, 2010, 12:02 PM
I don't see how Spurs can't be smashing their wage structure for Gallas, unless they're offering him an insanely long deal.

Juve, Roma, PSG, Panathinaikos, Celtic and Hamburg were all interested in him and all baulked at his wage demands, which are supposedly 80 grand a week and a massive signing on fee. Silly for a 33 year old.

Simon
August 20th, 2010, 1:33 PM
No.

Andy
August 20th, 2010, 3:14 PM
Sorry what?

RFF Champ
August 20th, 2010, 3:50 PM
Marseille are going all out. They're about to finalise a deal for Gignac, about a day after signing Remy.

So now they should give us Ben Arfa.

UK Blue
August 20th, 2010, 4:12 PM
Do you still have Darryl Flahavan on trial? I heard something the other week but then nothing since. That would be quite the story.

Still on trial I think. He's probably better than Ashdown who is pretty crap.

Ryan McCarthy
August 20th, 2010, 5:02 PM
Marseille are going all out. They're about to finalise a deal for Gignac, about a day after signing Remy.

So now they should give us Ben Arfa.

Did you hear about Remy? Marseille said they found problems with his heart after he passed a medical.

jesus sucks
August 21st, 2010, 2:31 AM
http://www.dailypost.co.uk/sport-news/liverpool-fc/2010/08/21/inter-milan-end-chase-for-liverpool-fc-s-javier-mascherano-and-dirk-kuyt-55578-27107152/?

yaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyheyheyheyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!! wooooooooohooohohooo. thank fuck for that. Mascherano and Dirk Kuyt! :)

Lazurus
August 21st, 2010, 2:06 PM
I don't see how Spurs can't be smashing their wage structure for Gallas, unless they're offering him an insanely long deal.

Juve, Roma, PSG, Panathinaikos, Celtic and Hamburg were all interested in him and all baulked at his wage demands, which are supposedly 80 grand a week and a massive signing on fee. Silly for a 33 year old.

Looks like we're doing neither. 1 year deal unless he starts 30 games and then he gets a second year and on less money than the contract Arsenal offered him.

Andy
August 21st, 2010, 7:57 PM
Source?

RFF Champ
August 22nd, 2010, 4:18 AM
A few of the Spurs ITKs are saying that Keane wasn't injured yesterday and that he had a bust up with Joe Jordan and that he's off. Also claiming that they've had a bid accepted for Fabiano which seems strange considering he can't play in the Champions League for them this season.

Lazurus
August 22nd, 2010, 4:29 AM
He gets another year if he starts over 30 games. He's never asked for big money here. The chairman has agreed a one-year contract with him and the wages are more than reasonable.

What happened at Arsenal was they offered him a new deal, a two-year deal on maybe slightly less money than he was on the year before and he turned it down.

I'm not saying it was a clever move on his part at the time – financially it probably wasn't because he hasn't got massive money here. He's signed a good contract but we haven't thrown loads of money at it that's for sure and he never asked for it.

Lazurus
August 22nd, 2010, 4:30 AM
A few of the Spurs ITKs are saying that Keane wasn't injured yesterday and that he had a bust up with Joe Jordan and that he's off. Also claiming that they've had a bid accepted for Fabiano which seems strange considering he can't play in the Champions League for them this season.

If Seville were to fail to qualify then he could.

Lazurus
August 22nd, 2010, 6:45 AM
Gallas deal agreed

We are delighted to announce the signing of William Gallas on a one year deal.

The France international was part of the Chelsea side that won back-to-back Premier League titles as well as the League Cup in 2005. His performances during Chelsea's second Premier League-winning campaign saw him included in the 2005/06 PFA Premier League Team of the Year.

The former Caen and Marseille defender, 33, left Stamford Bridge after five seasons, during which he made 213 appearances and scored 14 goals, to join Arsenal in September 2006. Gallas captained the side during the 2007/08 campaign and went on to make 145 appearances, scoring 17 goals before leaving at the end of last season.

TraXX
August 22nd, 2010, 7:05 AM
Please tell me you added the 'Man City's feeder club' bit in. :no:

Lazurus
August 22nd, 2010, 7:08 AM
:lol: I C+P'd it from a Spurs forum I post on which has loads of really gay auto-replacements in it.

TraXX
August 22nd, 2010, 7:11 AM
Well, fair enough if that's the case. If it was the actual press release then I would've been shocked at the lack of proffesionalism. No need for that kind of disrespect, even if they are your fiercest rivals.

Lazurus
August 22nd, 2010, 7:12 AM
Well, fair enough if that's the case. If it was the actual press release then I would've been shocked at the lack of proffesionalism. No need for that kind of disrespect, even if they are your fiercest rivals.

I would have loved it if Spurs had put that in.

Andy
August 22nd, 2010, 7:13 AM
As if we're embarrassed about getting £40m for Adebayor and Toure anyway. :lol:

There's no chance he's not been given a huge signing on fee and a hefty wage packet though. Not that there's anything wrong with that, if Spurs want to move forward they'll need to break their wage structure to bring good players like Gallas in.

Lazurus
August 22nd, 2010, 7:20 AM
There's no way in hell we broke out wage structure for him. He's probably a top earner though but a free transfer is always going to be good business. He has all the experience we need and will probably overtake Bassong and be third choice CB until such a time as he can prove to be better than that.

If we win on Wednesday and Seville lose I think we may need to break our wage structure ti bring Fabiano in though. Having Premier League winners with CL experience in the squad can only help us to bring other big names in though.

Andy
August 22nd, 2010, 7:50 AM
What's a top earner for you?

Lazurus
August 22nd, 2010, 7:58 AM
By most accounts I read it's about £65k now; Keane still has a year or two of earning a bit more than that as Liverpool are paying a large chunk of his money but players like Modric, Lennon and Defoe are all apparently top earners.

Gary J
August 22nd, 2010, 1:34 PM
If Seville were to fail to qualify then he could.

That can't be right can it because i'm pretty sure it was reported if Ozil played against Sampdoria it would have ruined his chances of a move as he wouldn't have been able to play in the champions league for his new team.

Lazurus
August 22nd, 2010, 1:52 PM
They changed a rule for this year; each team can register one player who has played in Europe for another team just not a team that's currently in the same competition or in a competition that player's already played in. I'm fairly sure the qualifiers don't count as the Champions League but they will count as playing in Europe for Seville.

Alf
August 22nd, 2010, 2:00 PM
As if we're embarrassed about getting £40m for Adebayor and Toure anyway. :lol:

There's no chance he's not been given a huge signing on fee and a hefty wage packet though. Not that there's anything wrong with that, if Spurs want to move forward they'll need to break their wage structure to bring good players like Gallas in.

There are quotes from Harry knocking about saying that we didn't break our wage structure. To be fair, he's clearly not had many other takers... I'm guessing he wanted to join a team that were either in, or could potentially be in, the champions league... and add to that he apparently he wanted to stay in London. So it's either sign for us on a reasonable deal or potentially having to wait till Jan to sign for someone else. He's no spring chicken.

Andy
August 22nd, 2010, 2:08 PM
He wouldn't have to wait until January because he's a free agent. From what I read it seemed there was a lot of takers but none of them could afford his wages. Regardless of the wages/signing on fee, it's a good signing anyway.

RFF Champ
August 22nd, 2010, 2:37 PM
We've signed Cheick Tiote from FC Twente. I can't say I know much about him but it's another body in the squad so can't be a bad thing. Smith, Barton and Nolan linked up well today but Smith and Barton will be suspended all the time and Smith isn't really that great.

He wouldn't have to wait until January because he's a free agent. From what I read it seemed there was a lot of takers but none of them could afford his wages. Regardless of the wages/signing on fee, it's a good signing anyway.

I think Alf means cos then he wouldn't have been registered in a 25 man squad for the season.

Lazurus
August 22nd, 2010, 3:24 PM
Are you able to only name 24 and then sign a free agent in March and make them number 25?

Lazurus
August 22nd, 2010, 3:29 PM
he is absolutely adamant that robbie keane when told the team before the young boys match had a huge & i mean mega go at H...when joe jordan stepped in & gave him what for it became very heated & was split up by other players.....

keanes annoyance was that defoe was picked to play even though he had been complaining of groin pains all week & yet others were rested when they had complained....he saw this as a huge show of disrespect....

he is subject of offers from west ham & celtic

im being told he wont figure for certain on wednesday (this is a pretty bold statement) & he has more than likely played his last game for tottenham....to reiterate, he is NOT injured & it was a matter of club discipline that he wasnt selected to travel to stoke...

we have agreed a €14mil deal for luis fabiano

he wants to leave sevilla, they want him gone because he will not sign a new contract....he wants to come to spurs...he will be our player before the 31st august.

As always probably bollocks.

RFF Champ
August 22nd, 2010, 3:39 PM
Quite a few of them reporting the same story about the Keane bust up, as well as the Fabiano thing so there may be some truth to it.

You'd have thought Keane would be a bit peeved about being sent on loan.

RFF Champ
August 22nd, 2010, 4:04 PM
There's a rumour going round that Schwarzer has failed his medical at Arsenal.

Lazurus
August 22nd, 2010, 4:05 PM
:lol:

He probably got involved in that Rugby game that Andy was talking about. I still can't see why they do that. Surely the amount of injuries must tell them something.

Bluemoon
August 22nd, 2010, 4:07 PM
What fringe players Alex are you supposed to be after at our place?

RFF Champ
August 22nd, 2010, 4:08 PM
The rumour came from Talksport so it probably isn't true.

Doesn't he have a back injury anyway? So surely he would fail a medical.

Bluemoon
August 22nd, 2010, 4:10 PM
Who we on about Santa Cruz?

RFF Champ
August 22nd, 2010, 4:12 PM
What fringe players Alex are you supposed to be after at our place?

I'm on about Schwarzer to Arsenal, I live with a Fulham fan who tends to tell me their rumours.

I doubt we'll move in for any of your players to be honest because we wouldn't pay their wages. I think we're done in the transfer market for this window.

Bluemoon
August 22nd, 2010, 4:15 PM
Ah right.

I think you could do with another striker.

Lazurus
August 22nd, 2010, 4:16 PM
You won't need to pay their wages, Man City will pay them.

RFF Champ
August 22nd, 2010, 4:23 PM
Ah right.

I think you could do with another striker.

I agree but unless we get rid of Leon Best or Xisco then I don't think we'll sign another. Carroll is good enough to lead the line with Nolan behind and Lovenkrands looked alright in the season we got relegated and played really well last year. Ameobi is also alright back up so I wouldn't be devestated if we didn't get another striker in.

I can't see Best, Xisco or Nile Ranger making much of an impact on the league.

We may still sign Ben Arfa (I can't see it but speculation won't go away) but he's not a striker.

Lazurus
August 22nd, 2010, 4:30 PM
Would you like Robbie Keane? I'll pop him round tomorrow if so.

He was a Newcastle fan as a kid you know.

Andy
August 22nd, 2010, 4:50 PM
Sevilla have announced on their website that they've agreed a fee with us for Squillaci and that he will fly out tonight for a medical tomorrow. Good stuff. :yes:

Now lets get the Schwarzer deal sorted and we'll be able to put together a challenge, as long as we don't get too many serious injuries to key players again.

Lazurus
August 23rd, 2010, 1:06 PM
Barca have bid £12m for Mascherano and he's not travelled for tonight. Sounds like he's gone; and cheap.

jesus sucks
August 23rd, 2010, 1:35 PM
another fine mess.

BBF
August 23rd, 2010, 1:37 PM
£12m + Hleb is the deal I heard today.

Bluemoon
August 23rd, 2010, 1:47 PM
Liverpool will be getting ripped off if he goes for that amount.

Lagom
August 23rd, 2010, 1:49 PM
If that's the deal, i'll walk to Anfield, and shit in the shoes of Purslow or Broughton, whoever is dealing with this. If James Milner can go for 16m +Ireland, then Mascherano must be worth about 45m and Bojan.

jesus sucks
August 23rd, 2010, 1:51 PM
there is no way we'll let the cunt leave for 12m. absolutely no chance. barcelona are doing what barcelona do, but it's not going to work. used to like Barca too, but they're just another Madrid now. same old shit every summer. tapping up other people's players and then offering half the amount they're worth.

Lawson
August 23rd, 2010, 1:53 PM
We'd have to be run by prats to him leave for £12m.

Oh.

jesus sucks
August 23rd, 2010, 1:54 PM
win win situation tho. we either keep a good player or we get money for a striker. it's clear that we won't be getting a striker without selling him.

jesus sucks
August 23rd, 2010, 1:55 PM
We'd have to be run by prats to him leave for £12m.

Oh.

greedy prats though. we don't let players go for cheap these days, we get their value. otherwise Gerrard and Torres would have left. plus others.

Lawson
August 23rd, 2010, 2:03 PM
greedy prats though. we don't let players go for cheap these days, we get their value. otherwise Gerrard and Torres would have left. plus others.

True. Bit of solace there.

Fair play if the middle ground is found though. He's knuckled down on the promise we'll accept a reasonable bid.

On that note, there's a rumour knocking around that he's refused to play today. It has the feel of the club smearing him ahead of the sale.

Winkle van Tinkle
August 23rd, 2010, 3:27 PM
He has 2 years on his contract left. This time next year he'll be worth £10m tops. Plus he doesn't want to be there, that takes a few mil off his value anyway.

Winkle van Tinkle
August 24th, 2010, 8:52 AM
Gourcuff > Lyon

DONE DEAL.

20M URO

Simon
August 24th, 2010, 9:00 AM
France seems to have built itself up into a league capable of retaining most of its top players now, as well as at least being able to compete for some of Europe's top players. Remy and Gignac have both been linked to top clubs around Europe but have ended up at Marseille, Lucho Gonzalez was looked at by big clubs but went to Marseille as well, Mbokani went to Monaco in the end and even that highly rated Spanish kid Azpilicueta signed for Marseille. What with Germany's resurgence over the last couple of years it looks like the big three European leagues have a bit more competition now.

Winkle van Tinkle
August 24th, 2010, 9:02 AM
The owners want to keep the top players in France, even if it means selling to a rival team, to keep the league strong. Fair play to them.

Alf
August 24th, 2010, 9:30 AM
Gourcuff > Lyon

DONE DEAL.

20M URO

Christ, he's a great player. Would have loved him at Spurs.

Andy
August 24th, 2010, 3:03 PM
France seems to have built itself up into a league capable of retaining most of its top players now, as well as at least being able to compete for some of Europe's top players. Remy and Gignac have both been linked to top clubs around Europe but have ended up at Marseille, Lucho Gonzalez was looked at by big clubs but went to Marseille as well, Mbokani went to Monaco in the end and even that highly rated Spanish kid Azpilicueta signed for Marseille. What with Germany's resurgence over the last couple of years it looks like the big three European leagues have a bit more competition now.

I think Germany have already moved ahead of Italy, and France aren't too far behind.

We still haven't confirmed Squillaci for some reason, apparently we've given him a three year deal though, which is good. None of this one year bollocks, treat every player individually and all that.

Gary J
August 24th, 2010, 3:49 PM
Bullard is supposedly in Stoke for talks or so a caller to the loacl radio phone-in claims anyway.

Simon
August 25th, 2010, 5:05 AM
Liverpool to sign Paul Konchesky appaz. :lol:

RFF Champ
August 25th, 2010, 6:35 AM
Konchesky is a good player. He was key to most of Fulham's attacking last season because he is a machine, he just never stops running up and down the line. He's a decent defender too, having been part of one of the best defences in the league season before last. I think it'd be a good signing.

MMH
August 25th, 2010, 8:08 AM
Konchesky is a good player. He was key to most of Fulham's attacking last season because he is a machine, he just never stops running up and down the line. He's a decent defender too, having been part of one of the best defences in the league season before last. I think it'd be a good signing.

Ditto. Nowt wrong with him.

Winkle van Tinkle
August 25th, 2010, 8:43 AM
Konchesky is a midtable player.

Lazurus
August 25th, 2010, 8:45 AM
Liverpool are a midtable team.

Bluemoon
August 25th, 2010, 8:50 AM
Taylor from Newcastle placed on transfer list.

Winkle van Tinkle
August 25th, 2010, 8:51 AM
Not a very good defender.

MMH
August 25th, 2010, 8:51 AM
Liverpool are a midtable team.

Spot on.

Even if they were not though, Konchesky may be able to make that step up. You never know until they are given a chance but he is one of the better full backs in the English game right now and I assume he will come cheaply.

Bluemoon
August 25th, 2010, 8:54 AM
Not a very good defender.

I'd have him ahead of any Arsenal cb.

Winkle van Tinkle
August 25th, 2010, 9:03 AM
Then you don't know much about football. If you think Taylor is a good defender, then your opinion is shit.

Ask most Newcastle fans you stupid cunt.

Winkle van Tinkle
August 25th, 2010, 9:04 AM
Spot on.

Even if they were not though, Konchesky may be able to make that step up. You never know until they are given a chance but he is one of the better full backs in the English game right now and I assume he will come cheaply.

6 days left. liverpool havent got a left back. they'll have £20m masch money. fulham should rape them

MMH
August 25th, 2010, 9:07 AM
Then you don't know much about football. If you think Taylor is a good defender, then your opinion is shit.

Cut out the insults. You had an infraction a few days ago and im giving you another one now.

Simon
August 25th, 2010, 9:09 AM
Even if it was meant as a jibe it doesn't really work because Arsenal have at least one top class defender, Vermaelen is excellent. The other two, who knows, too early to tell. But Vermaelen is better than Taylor and also any City defender.

RFF Champ
August 25th, 2010, 9:38 AM
Taylor's alright but a bit greedy. Williamson is a better player anyway and does less pointing and running around in the wrong places.

Everton-bound I reckon.

MMH
August 25th, 2010, 9:55 AM
Taylor's alright but a bit greedy. Williamson is a better player anyway and does less pointing and running around in the wrong places.

Everton-bound I reckon.

Nah we dont need him. last year possibly but we have loads of players who can play CB/RB

El Capitano Gatisto
August 25th, 2010, 10:03 AM
Arsenal could probably do with him. Squillaci is a decent player but he has missed a lot of games with injury over the past couples of seasons so is not exactly reliable cover.

RFF Champ
August 25th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Moyes has been knocking around our games lately and we don't play you for about a month so I dunno what that's about. Obviously not Taylor cos he's injured but interesting nevertheless.

Taylor is injured until October and with so little time left of the window I can't see him going just yet. Probably January for peanuts or just next summer on a free. He was trouble last time he had a contract up for renewal but I find it difficult to believe he asked for 60k, it just smacks of the club trying to make themselves look good.

RFF Champ
August 25th, 2010, 10:32 AM
http://www.bcfc.com/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,10412~2134326,00.html

Birmingham have upped their bid for N'Zogbia. I'm surprised none of the bigger teams have taken a look at him. No doubt he'll go to Birmingham and then in two seasons do an interview where he says he wants to go to Chelsea.

Mik
August 25th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Sunderland are still meant to be hugely after him. Not sure if we're technically bigger than Birmingham, but I'd say we have bigger potential.

RFF Champ
August 25th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Sunderland are still meant to be hugely after him. Not sure if we're technically bigger than Birmingham, but I'd say we have bigger potential.

I meant Chelsea and Arsenal really. He's a good player, him and Malbranque on the wings would mean you'd have a pretty deadly attack.

Are you in for any strikers or are Bent and Campbell considered first choice with Welbeck as back up? Your squad looks quite thin to me but then I guess you've got a few decent youngsters in and around it.

Simon
August 25th, 2010, 10:50 AM
I've almost certainly mentioned this before but my mate went to uni somewhere near Newcastle and went to a house party that N'Zogbia was at. Apparently Charlie hogged the X Box all night, playing Pro and picking himself up front for Newcastle.

Mik
August 25th, 2010, 10:59 AM
I meant Chelsea and Arsenal really. He's a good player, him and Malbranque on the wings would mean you'd have a pretty deadly attack.

Are you in for any strikers or are Bent and Campbell considered first choice with Welbeck as back up? Your squad looks quite thin to me but then I guess you've got a few decent youngsters in and around it.

Rumours have been that we're wanting Asamoah Gyan to partner Bent up front with Campbell being on the wings, back up, or in support. Campbell is good, but not massively proven at that level. The squad in general looks a lot better than last year, just thin on a proven goalkeeper and strikers at the moment. But for Gyan we've also expressed interest in Crouch, Zamora, Carlton Cole among others, so it seems like we are wanting a Jones replacement, its just not easy finding one.

I've almost certainly mentioned this before but my mate went to uni somewhere near Newcastle and went to a house party that N'Zogbia was at. Apparently Charlie hogged the X Box all night, playing Pro and picking himself up front for Newcastle.

Loosely related, I'm pretty sure that I've mentioned that I used to work with a lass who was there the night that girl was part of a Newcastle roast and claimed rape. It was her mate. The lass I worked with said that her mate went back to the flat fully intending to let 5 or 6 lads fuck her and it was only a week or two after that she felt ashamed and dirty and started looking for some money out of it.

The Rosk
August 25th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Heskey, I heard.

Simon
August 25th, 2010, 11:10 AM
I don't remember a Newcastle rape, was this the one Carlton Cole was involved in?

The Rosk
August 25th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Alright calm down Robson.

Beefy
August 25th, 2010, 11:31 AM
I don't remember a Newcastle rape, was this the one Carlton Cole was involved in?

It was the one with the 'un-named' Newcastle players wasn't it? And The Sun had a picture of Shearer glaring at Kieron Dyer on their back page.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 25th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Sky Sports saying they understand Manchester United may go for Defour in the next week given that Hargreaves is still bingoed and likely to remain so.

Bluemoon
August 25th, 2010, 12:07 PM

Your opinions on footy lately have been shit anyway so I was dropping down to the level of footy you know. FUCK ALL

Now fuck off you gypsy twat.

Andy
August 25th, 2010, 12:09 PM
I hate the new SSN layout.

Bluemoon
August 25th, 2010, 12:10 PM
On the whole thing though Taylor is good defender who'll do a job for any midtable team.

Bluemoon
August 25th, 2010, 12:17 PM
But Vermaelen is better than Taylor and also any City defender.

Debatable that. As I think Vincent Kompany is just as good. Whatever Vermaelen can do Kompany can match it.

RFF Champ
August 25th, 2010, 12:20 PM
On the whole thing though Taylor is good defender who'll do a job for any midtable team.

He's alright, he's a hard worker and is a good tackler but he's often out of position. If I had a pound for everytime he was behind the goalkeeper when we conceded a goal I'd be a rich man. Why does he do it?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl3HnU0HOhk

That is the perfect example

Bluemoon
August 25th, 2010, 12:35 PM
That was quite funny though Alex, you have to admit.

I see what you mean. So he wants 60 grand then?

RFF Champ
August 25th, 2010, 12:45 PM
That was quite funny though Alex, you have to admit.

I see what you mean. So he wants 60 grand then?

It was funny but he's a mong in situations like that.

Supposedly he wants 60k and we've offered 40k. He must be high if he thinks he's worth 60k a week. He wouldn't be first choice at this point but he's decent cover for CB and RB.

RFF Champ
August 25th, 2010, 12:51 PM
I was just on the PSV website to see if Salcido was going to be in the squad for tomorrows game and stumbled across the pictures from their training session today. Great picture and caption:

http://www.psv.nl/upload/56d3dbe6-ee3d-4b16-9f90-fdb59db6bd45_Training250810-4688.jpg
Carlos Salcido is playing a prank, putting a cone on his head.

http://www.psv.nl/News/News-page/Wednesday-morning-training-session.htm

Mik
August 25th, 2010, 1:11 PM
Your opinions on footy lately have been shit anyway so I was dropping down to the level of footy you know. FUCK ALL

Now fuck off you gypsy twat.

Considering he's just been publically smacked down for Beefy by this, you really should get worse for being so ignorant as to do the same thing you've just seen someone get told off for.

I cant really agree there. He's not one of Newcastle's best players and they arent considered a mid-table team. He's never seemed much more than a good Championship player to me.

Bluemoon
August 25th, 2010, 2:30 PM
Look it's got nothing to do with you, leave it be.

Mik
August 25th, 2010, 2:37 PM
Dont be silly mate.

Andy
August 25th, 2010, 2:38 PM
Squillaci is having the longest medical of all time. :\

The Comet Kid
August 25th, 2010, 2:59 PM
6 days left. liverpool havent got a left back. they'll have £20m masch money. fulham should rape them

They re-signed Aurelio and they still haven't managed to shift Insua. Konchesky will be their third left back if they don't sort things out.

Andy
August 25th, 2010, 3:40 PM
Rumours flying around that we've given up on Schwarzer and will instead bid £12m for Akinfeev. Doubt that would be enough to get them to sell. Just need to get someone signed.

Winkle van Tinkle
August 25th, 2010, 3:55 PM
Look it's got nothing to do with you, leave it be.

Well i'd like something to be done about such a horrible racist remark.

Andy
August 25th, 2010, 4:50 PM
Apparently Juve have the option of buying Aquilani for £13.1m at the end of his loan. What an insanely stupid move from Liverpool. :wtf:

Lagom
August 25th, 2010, 4:54 PM
Yep, ridiculous. If he has a good season, it's an absolute steal, and almost as bad a deal as the one to bring Keane to Anfield. If he has a bad season, he trudges back to us, we accept that he's never going to step up, and end up selling him for about 8 million to Udinese or someone