PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Lazurus
August 4th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Theyve grafted a roller blade onto his stump, he's fine now unless it rains.

Chris Scott
August 4th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Is his pace back? Or is he still as slow as Paul McGrath after being shot in both knees.

Nah more on par with Carew.

Winkle van Tinkle
August 4th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Chris Scott wins this round 10-8

Lagom
August 4th, 2010, 1:10 PM
We should start keeping scores.

When one team's supporter lands a decent blow on another team, or one of their players, the neutral fans confer, and points may be distributed, or taken away, as the case may be.

The Rosk
August 4th, 2010, 1:34 PM
Yeah that sounds like a great idea mate

Lazurus
August 4th, 2010, 1:38 PM
Villa 1 - 0 Liverpool

Lagom
August 4th, 2010, 2:06 PM
That'll probably be the only time anyone writes that this season

The Rosk
August 4th, 2010, 5:53 PM
How did the aggregate of last season work out for you? Did you enjoy sucking Nigel Reo-Coker's cock?

Lagom
August 4th, 2010, 8:58 PM
It worked out, after stringent calculations, that we succumbed to you by 3 goals to 2, in the season where we had our lowest finish since 98/99, and you had your highest finish since Brian Little.

The Rosk
August 5th, 2010, 3:36 AM
Only as good as your last season.

Lagom
August 5th, 2010, 4:22 AM
Very true. I suggest we revisit this discussion on the final day of the coming season.

Simon
August 5th, 2010, 4:24 AM
Raphael Honigstein of the Guardian reckons Ozil will be going to one of United, Arsenal and Chelsea. Madrid and Barca not interested.

The Rosk
August 5th, 2010, 4:24 AM
OOOHHH WHAT A THREAT.

Simon
August 5th, 2010, 4:26 AM
It was more a statement of fact if I'm on it, maybe you should divert your ire at LAGOM.

Lagom
August 5th, 2010, 4:28 AM
Well we can't all just pick on those that finished below us last season, or I'd be calling Gary J a ballbag, and it's just not right.

Lagom
August 5th, 2010, 4:35 AM
Oh dear Tim, we may need that Chinese government to come good quickly if this is true...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11701_6295481,00.html

Lazurus
August 5th, 2010, 5:58 AM
It's been made official on our website that Taarabt's gone to QPR. No mention of a fee though.

Lagom
August 5th, 2010, 6:04 AM
I bet his signing on fee was a pimp cup and a slinky

Star fruit surf rider
August 5th, 2010, 8:01 AM
He's solid and I wouldn't be surprised if he was one day good enough to play for England. TraXX would be a good man to ask as he was on loan at Norwich for one and a half seasons and he'd have seen him week in week out. Last year he had another excellent year with Reading from what I saw/heard.

I'm not sure why we'd bother to loan him out to the Championship again though. He's proven himself to be of a good standard in that league, so I'd have thought we'd either sell him permanently or try and loan him to a Premiership club and if things went well he'd demand a higher fee.

Unfortunately we have an even better Left Back prospect in Patrick van Aanholt so he's unlikely to see many opportunities here. It looks as though Ancelotti has picked PVA as Ashley Cole's likely successor.
http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/forest/Forest-complete-loan-deal-Chelsea-Ryan-Bertrand/article-2494750-detail/article.html

Winkle van Tinkle
August 5th, 2010, 8:34 AM
Well at least City had a season out of him before he started flirting with other teams.....

Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor has issued a come and get me plea to Serie A giants Juventus.

The towering former Arsenal forward, who controversially left the Emirates last summer to join their cash-rich Premier League rivals Manchester City, suggests there is a strong likelihood he will leave England claiming a stay at Eastlands would result in a peripheral role under Roberto Mancini.

Adebayor is quoted in Italian publication Tuttosport, whereby he covets Juventus’ alleged interest in him. The Togolese international indicates he is no longer a certain starter at Eastlands following the array of stars that have joined him at Manchester City this summer, and therefore he is resigned to leaving the Premier League.

Adebayor said: “Juventus are a great club in which I would like to play

"Until some time ago I would not have accepted a transfer to other clubs.

“I wanted to wear the City shirt and have a better season compared to last year, but I know there will not be many chances for me and so I am considering the many offers I have received.

"I am sorry to leave the Premier League, but in Europe there are other top leagues."

Manchester City are believed to be on the cusp of completing a deal for Inter Milan sensation Mario Balotelli, and according to Goal.com, Adebayor has been informed he can leave Manchester City less than a year after his arrival.

Adebayor moved to England in January 2006, when Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger paid Monaco a reported 3 million for the player. The forward controversially celebrated in front of the travelling Gunners support during Manchester City’s 4-2 Premier League victory.

Lazurus
August 5th, 2010, 8:37 AM
Some website was linking us to him the other day.

Lagom
August 5th, 2010, 8:39 AM
Was it Harry Redknapp's official twitter page?

Winkle van Tinkle
August 5th, 2010, 8:40 AM
He'll turn up to the press conference in an Arsenal polo shirt, and your mob will dust off the old Sol effigy and relight it.

Winkle van Tinkle
August 5th, 2010, 8:40 AM
Was it Harry Redknapp's official twitter page?

He uses Twitcher.

Lazurus
August 5th, 2010, 8:47 AM
I think we'd just set fire to him.

Lazurus
August 5th, 2010, 9:27 AM
And we've got Hleb queering us up.

I have a contract with Barcelona and I must respect that, but I heard about the link with Tottenham Hotspur and I think they are a great club.

Murphy
August 5th, 2010, 10:01 AM
Haha. That would result in a name change for a certain poster, surely. :)

Simon
August 5th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Balotelli wants 180,000 a week :lol:

Lagom
August 5th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Well, if Toure's on 200k a week, i'd want a fair whack too!

Bluemoon
August 5th, 2010, 10:12 AM
Balotelli wants 180,000 a week :lol:

I will laugh with you :lol:

We have fucked him off.

Andy
August 5th, 2010, 5:33 PM
Emir Spahic closes in on Arsenal transfer as clubs begin price-tag talks

Bosnian defender Emir Spahic will join Arsenal from Montpellier ahead of the start of the new Premier League season - if the two clubs can agree a fee.

Spahic has emerged as a target for Arsene Wenger, who is thought to have made an unplanned trip to France earlier this week to thrash out the terms of the deal.

But the difference in opinion on the 29-year-old's worth could see some long-running negotiation - Arsenal have begun the bidding at around 4million, while most observers expect it to be completed for about 6million.

Montpellier are holding out for 21million.

Nevertheless, a deal looks likely to be forced through before the Gunners' first game against Liverpool next weekend, with Spahic keen to tie up a move.

"The most important thing is that the negotiations go as planned and that the transfer can be completed soon," he said.

"Arsenal is a great club, I'm an admirer of Arsene Wenger and I hope Montpellier will co-operate."

Spahic would join Johan Djourou, Laurent Koscielny, and Thomas Vermaelen in the centre-back ranks at the Emirates Stadium - although it is thought Wenger may try to sign one more youngster at the position before the end of the month.

:dunno:

Chris Scott
August 5th, 2010, 5:46 PM
Only as good as your last season.

I will have a 50 bet WITH YOU, that we will finish above you in this upcoming season?

The Rosk
August 6th, 2010, 3:53 AM
Where did I say we would finish above you?

The Rosk
August 6th, 2010, 3:56 AM
So ITK says Milner is going for Ireland and 20m. Excellent deal if true. Then we spend 9m in McGeady and 6 on Keane appaz. Irish revolution is back at the Villa. Surely we would be Cappy's favourite team then.

Alf
August 6th, 2010, 5:24 AM
Hasn't McGeady gone to a Russian team already?

Murphy
August 6th, 2010, 5:32 AM
Deciding in the next few hours, appaz.

The Rosk
August 6th, 2010, 5:36 AM
He went over there to see what the place was like but prefers us appaz.

I am worried if McGeady comes in that Albrighton won't get a look in. He deserves a pop.

Beefy
August 6th, 2010, 5:41 AM
The Irish papers all reckon that McGeady has no interest in playing in Russia.

Murphy
August 6th, 2010, 5:54 AM
Yeah, that did seem odd to me when there is genuine interest from the EPL.

Beefy
August 6th, 2010, 6:00 AM
Apparently the guy who does all the transfers for Spartak has been told that he will be sacked if he doesn't sign McGeady so they've put a lot of pressure on to get him to even go over to meet them. He's been offered 45k per week, although with their 13% tax rate that's the equivilent of about 70k over here.

Chris Scott
August 6th, 2010, 6:13 AM
Where did I say we would finish above you?

I'm just trying to win some easy money, times are tight.

The Rosk
August 6th, 2010, 6:51 AM
Seventh :lol:

Lagom
August 6th, 2010, 7:16 AM
To be fair though Rossssssk, your highest position this season is gonna be in the alphabetised list before any games have been played.

Mik
August 6th, 2010, 7:26 AM
Thats not saying much, thats ALWAYS their highest position and its not much of an insult really. You'd be happy with that.

The Rosk
August 6th, 2010, 7:28 AM
To be fair though Rossssssk, your highest position this season is gonna be in the alphabetised list before any games have been played.

Still higher than any position you will get.

Lagom
August 6th, 2010, 7:48 AM
Care to place a wager...?

Lagom
August 6th, 2010, 7:50 AM
I'm not entirely sure what this wager would be, to be honest. It would have to involve Liverpool finishing 2nd to Man City to have the desired effect for me..

The Rosk
August 6th, 2010, 8:01 AM
Give Aston Villa ten points as a handicap if you are that confident, and I'll bet you 50.

Lagom
August 6th, 2010, 8:03 AM
Ha, I was thinking more having your avatar as Jimmy Milner lifting the Premier League trophy in a Man City shirt, with 'Fuck You Rosk' scrawled on it.

Lagom
August 6th, 2010, 8:06 AM
Also, please explain handicapping to me, embarrassingly, i don't know a great deal about real betting.

Chris Scott
August 6th, 2010, 2:32 PM
Give Aston Villa ten points as a handicap if you are that confident, and I'll bet you 50.

da_man
August 6th, 2010, 5:53 PM
We've got Diouf in on loan for the season from Man Utd. Other rumour doing the rounds is Reo-Coker...

REO-COKER...thanks to a very early tip from the 1864Rover chappie...Rovers have been in for Reo-Coker...basically he can come if he wants too...the fee may be as low as 1 million...he played for Aston Villa tonight but that makes no difference...I hear his agent is up for it and the player may well come for talks...he had a chance of going to Lazio recently but that fell through...his contract is up next summer, so Villa will take a low fee...no doubt the Leprauchaun will dispute the fee...but there we go...

MIDFIELD...so somebody surely has to be leaving ifr this happens...I presume Reo-coker would have to join before that happens...but with his wages I would guess there has to be an exit to go with it. Grella? Maybe...but the Turks are the Turks, so you never know for sure...

STRIKERS...Diouf coming...but he can't be the senior striker surely...a couple being watched this weekend...could be two more coming if Jason Roberts leaves.

ROBERTS...heard the QPR link...but his wages are a bit rich for them...they are not as minted as some would have you believe.

Bluemoon
August 7th, 2010, 11:06 AM
http://www.skysports.com/video/inline/0,26691,12606_6299072,00.html

Just hurry up and sign will you.

Andy
August 7th, 2010, 11:11 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3085663/Arsenal-launch-23million-raid-for-Pepe-Reina.html

:fingersx:

Andy
August 7th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Arteta has signed a new contract at Everton. Superb news for them.

Bluemoon
August 7th, 2010, 11:16 AM
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3085663/Arsenal-launch-23million-raid-for-Pepe-Reina.html

:fingersx:

Worst source ever.

Why not spend shit loads on Joe Hart?

Andy
August 7th, 2010, 11:20 AM
I wish we would.

Simon
August 7th, 2010, 1:51 PM
Lazio have signed Hernanes aka one of the great hopes of Brazilian football.

turdpower
August 7th, 2010, 2:01 PM
We've got Diouf in on loan for the season from Man Utd. Other rumour doing the rounds is Reo-Coker...

He's looked OK for us when given a chance. With Hernandez coming he was always going to get further down the pecking order.

Star fruit surf rider
August 8th, 2010, 2:32 PM
How to make friends and influence people...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/nottm_forest/8895891.stm

Simon
August 9th, 2010, 5:29 AM
9.5m for McGeady? :wtf:

Simon
August 9th, 2010, 5:31 AM
We are close to signing that Remy from Nice apparently, anyone seen him play?

The Rosk
August 9th, 2010, 5:32 AM
We weren't willing to pay that. Especially when we have young Albrighton coming through and Downing to ruin all of our attacks with one swift relaxation of his entire body.

The Rosk
August 9th, 2010, 5:33 AM
Even going down to 18million + Stephen Ireland, we have got to be happy with that deal for Milner. I loved the cunt but if he wants oil money as soon as we have brought him success, then fuck him. Let's get a mental in our midfield.

Simon
August 9th, 2010, 5:36 AM
Ireland could be class for you I think. Plus he guarantees good fun, what with his mad cars and his internet aquarium.

Mik
August 9th, 2010, 5:37 AM
Even going down to 18million + Stephen Ireland, we have got to be happy with that deal for Milner. I loved the cunt but if he wants oil money as soon as we have brought him success, then fuck him. Let's get a mental in our midfield.

Is that the case? The situation seemed to me that Milner wanted to stay but Aston Villa wanted the money.

Lazurus
August 9th, 2010, 5:38 AM
We're in the process of totally fucking up Stoke and Nice's transfer plans.

They'd agreed 13m for Remy but we've now got hold of him and convinced him to do a Crouch and say he'll only sign for us and we're only willing to pay 10m for him.

APPAZ!!!!

Simon
August 9th, 2010, 5:40 AM
Levy really is the Jew master.

The Rosk
August 9th, 2010, 5:42 AM
Ireland could be class for you I think. Plus he guarantees good fun, what with his mad cars and his internet aquarium.

I'd like to think so. We've been crying out for a creative central midfielder for yonks. This harks back to the old 4-5-1 I was calling for for years. As good as Milner is, he is a box-to-box industrious bastard. We really could do with keeping Reo-Coker if that's what O'Neill is aiming for, nigh on perfect for a 4-5-1 he is.

Is that the case? The situation seemed to me that Milner wanted to stay but Aston Villa wanted the money.

I don't think anyone knows. It came out that O'Neill was perhaps a little too quick to judge but Milner has apparently now said he wants to go to Man City. Like I said the other day Mik, this whole saga, and the Barry thing of two years ago, makes me finally realise that for 99.9% of footballers, it is their job, and if some cunts make you an offer to more than double your wage, you will probably take it.

Alf
August 9th, 2010, 6:04 AM
Word is that Crouch is off back to Liverpool.

After this scandal with Crouch boffing some hooker Clancy has snapped her fingers and told him to move back to Pool.

Simon
August 9th, 2010, 6:10 AM
Didn't hear about him spratting a whore but yeah heard that she was making him move back up north. Not that big a loss provided we get a replacement in. Remy, Pav, Keane and Defoe?

Mik
August 9th, 2010, 6:12 AM
It was in the big Sunday papers yesterday.

Murphy
August 9th, 2010, 6:14 AM
Don't they need to bid first?

The Rosk
August 9th, 2010, 6:14 AM
Seriously what the fuck is wrong with Crouchy. Gets a bird about sixteen leagues above him and then spends money on fucking someone else.

Alf
August 9th, 2010, 6:15 AM
Even if we get Remy we need to sign a bigger striker. We can't just have Pav and a bunch of midgets.

Mik
August 9th, 2010, 6:20 AM
Seriously what the fuck is wrong with Crouchy. Gets a bird about sixteen leagues above him and then spends money on fucking someone else.

I would have to imagine that some lass seduced him and he went along with it like a big dopey cunt, took her back to his hotel room and THEN she told him she was a prozzie.

MMH
August 9th, 2010, 6:26 AM

He can afford it so why not.

Clancey is hardly with him for the love of it anyway is she?

I wish more players would be honest with all this really. Why even get married?

Simon
August 9th, 2010, 6:26 AM
Just had a look on Wiki Alf, Remy is 6'1 so not massive but big enough.

Mik
August 9th, 2010, 6:31 AM
He can afford it so why not.

Clancey is hardly with him for the love of it anyway is she?

I wish more players would be honest with all this really. Why even get married?

I keep having to explain to my girlfriend that any rich and famous person is unlikely to be faithful because they get so much attention. I've seen women in nightclubs literally throw themselves at fairly shitty footballers that they didnt even know. Same for actors, musicians...pretty much anyone who is famous. I bumped into Anthony from Big Brother a year or two ago in Newcastle and had a chat with him for a little bit because he went to school with a mate of mine. (I threw a couple of light-hearted insults at him and he took them in good humour, so he's alright as far as I'm concerned) After I finished talking to him a group of 3 or 4 lusty lasses came upto me and asked me if I knew him and if I could introduce him. They effectively said as much as that their mission that night since they'd seen him was to fuck him. Who the fuck is going to stay faithful in the face of that? Even if you have got someone better at home, the temptation is too much. It's to be expected that people will cheat.

My girlfriend was not impressed with this conversation.

Alf
August 9th, 2010, 6:33 AM
Yeah, women are incredible sluts when they get a whiff of money/fame. When I was in Sunderland I met a girl who proudly proclaimed she'd shagged Shola Ameobi, and another girl I was chatting up said she'd had a threesome with Mark Owen as if it would impress me...

The Rosk
August 9th, 2010, 6:33 AM
Now you know how I feel every single day.

Mik
August 9th, 2010, 6:35 AM
I wish I did.

Darkoke
August 9th, 2010, 7:51 AM
9.5m for McGeady? :wtf:

Interested to hear ECG's thoughts on McGeady going to Spartak.

Bluemoon
August 9th, 2010, 9:02 AM
It's funny watching SSN and on the right hand side about transfer info, it comes to Villa with a - Aston Villa players in NONE

The Rosk
August 9th, 2010, 9:06 AM
I know, I saw that the other day. However, I have to keep reminding myself that we brought in Dickie Dunne for pennies last season about eight hours before the deadline so fingers crossed we can get similarly good deals.

Bluemoon
August 9th, 2010, 9:08 AM
I'm sure you will get someone in.

I see Nicky went to Albion.

Andy
August 9th, 2010, 11:15 AM
It's funny watching SSN and on the right hand side about transfer info, it comes to Villa with a - Aston Villa players in NONE

Equally annoying is seeing the four defenders we've shipped out and the one unknown we've brought in. Five days away from the start of the season. :\

Simon
August 9th, 2010, 11:27 AM
Wonder how O'Neill's resignation will fuck the transfer window, can't imagine Milner going anywhere until a new man is brought in.

The Rosk
August 9th, 2010, 11:32 AM
No Milner will go ahead, it's with our Chief Exec rather than O'Neill. I reckon Ashley Young might be off now, and that's the reason why MON left. Genuinely could be that. If this is the case then I give up.

Funboy
August 9th, 2010, 11:32 AM
I reckon he's gone BECAUSE Milner is going. Id say it will go ahead, and new manager will get 20m to play with.

Andy
August 9th, 2010, 11:35 AM
Rosk what will you do if Ashley Young goes to Tottenham

Lazurus
I think Rosk's right; it's probably because they're both off and he's getting nowhere near enough money to replace them.

Simon
Blahahha

Lazurus
August 9th, 2010, 11:36 AM

He'll laugh his arse off if we pay 25m for him.

The Rosk
August 9th, 2010, 11:40 AM
I reckon he's gone BECAUSE Milner is going. Id say it will go ahead, and new manager will get 20m to play with.

I doubt that - the Milner deal was basically tied up ages ago.

I will genuinely give up on football. I don't think I could be any less enthused about a season mate.

He'll laugh his arse off if we pay 25m for him.

He's worth a lot of money. Young and extremely talented. Best left-winger in the Prem for two of the last three years.

jesus sucks
August 9th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Yeah, women are incredible sluts when they get a whiff of money/fame. When I was in Sunderland I met a girl who proudly proclaimed she'd shagged Shola Ameobi, and another girl I was chatting up said she'd had a threesome with Mark Owen as if it would impress me...

if i was minted i would be goosing slags left right and centre. hats off to Crouch. that bird be payed 800 quid to was much fitter than Abbey Clancy and he's got millions in the bank so has earned the right to do what he likes. fair play.

Alf
August 9th, 2010, 11:58 AM
I doubt that - the Milner deal was basically tied up ages ago.

I will genuinely give up on football. I don't think I could be any less enthused about a season mate.

He's worth a lot of money. Young and extremely talented. Best left-winger in the Prem for two of the last three years.

I'd LOVE it if Martin had resigned because the board accepted a swap deal for Young for Keane and Jenas. Boomlost.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 9th, 2010, 11:59 AM
You Spurs fans love touting these multi-player swap deals that never, ever fucking happen.

The Rosk
August 9th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Cappy mate, can you please hold me for a bit mate?

Alf
August 9th, 2010, 12:30 PM
You Spurs fans love touting these multi-player swap deals that never, ever fucking happen.

Pipe down you plastic paddy cunt.

I was saying I would love it. i.e I think it would be funny, i.e I think jenas and keane are shit and it would be salt in the wounds of Rosky... not I think it WILL happen.

You dirty crone.

The buzz on 5live is that it is indeed the case that Spurs bid for young, Villa accepted, and O'Neil ran away. Pinch of salt required opbviously.

Chris Scott
August 9th, 2010, 1:11 PM
So were on the verge of signing Christian Poulsen and I didn't really know much about him. So I checked his career out yesterday and one things for sure he's one dirty bastard.

YouTube- ‪Christian Poulsen vs. Kaka‬‎

El Capitano Gatisto
August 9th, 2010, 1:13 PM
He's a good player. If Liverpool sell Mascherano on now, he'll be a decent enough cheap replacement. Good work from Hodgson.

Chris Scott
August 9th, 2010, 1:15 PM
Most message boards I go on say he is ok nothing special.

jesus sucks
August 9th, 2010, 1:19 PM
he'll come in handy for the trip to goodison park at least. they can't compete with us anymore in derbies. we have better players on the ball, better finishers and have better fouling players than them. we are one of those teams that can fould loads of little snide ones and get away with it, everton do more fouls than anyone but they get caught. they aren't subtle enough. Lucas, Gerrard, Kuyt, Mascherano and Carragher can foul for 90 minutes and not get yellow carded. it's a thing of beauty.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 9th, 2010, 1:22 PM
Most message boards I go on say he is ok nothing special.

I didn't see him at Juventus, but he was very, very good for Sevilla back when they were flying high in Europe and La Liga.

jesus sucks
August 9th, 2010, 1:22 PM
also the way i'm looking at it is Poulsen + a striker is better than Mascherano and no striker. we need a striker before September 1st or we won't get anywhere simple as.

MMH
August 9th, 2010, 1:24 PM
he'll come in handy for the trip to goodison park at least. they can't compete with us anymore in derbies. we have better players on the ball, better finishers and have better fouling players than them. we are one of those teams that can fould loads of little snide ones and get away with it, everton do more fouls than anyone but they get caught. they aren't subtle enough. Lucas, Gerrard, Kuyt, Mascherano and Carragher can foul for 90 minutes and not get yellow carded. it's a thing of beauty.

Do you really have to bring us into every single post you make?

Winkle van Tinkle
August 9th, 2010, 1:49 PM
Rosk, my missus was just in the dentist and who was in the waiting room? MON.

No word of a bloody lie

Darkoke
August 9th, 2010, 2:16 PM
Shay Given says if he doesn't start on Saturday he'll consider a loan move in order to get games. Obviously there'd be a lot of competition for him if that was the case but Celtic would be daft not to at least try and get him.

BBF
August 9th, 2010, 2:17 PM
Arsenal would be stupid not to try and get him now.

Beefy
August 9th, 2010, 2:19 PM
They were stupid not to try to get him 18 months ago. Maybe Wenger doesn't rate him?

Hlebsfall
August 9th, 2010, 2:23 PM
They were linked with him in The Mirror today on a loan. Fucks knows what Wenger is doing if he rates the shit we've got above Given.

BBF
August 9th, 2010, 2:25 PM
The only stumbling block of a loan move would be City's reluctance to loan out a good keeper to one of their main rivals for the CL places. Doubt it would happen.

da_man
August 9th, 2010, 2:26 PM
You would think Arsenal will look to pick up whoever doesn't start out of Joe Hart and Shay Given.

Gary J
August 9th, 2010, 2:29 PM
Arsenal should have bought Eduardo from Braga. He looked pretty good at the world cup and Braga sold him to Genoa for 4m which is what Fulham are asking for Schwarzer.

Winkle van Tinkle
August 9th, 2010, 4:35 PM
Given has now again been linked with Wenger as he seeks an experienced keeper.
Given said: 'To discuss now would be a little disrespectful to the goalkeepers they have already. Arsenal are a fantastic club, it's just too soon.'

Mik
August 9th, 2010, 6:23 PM
I'd be happy to see Given return to Sunderland until Christmas while Gordon is injured.

Where was there any need to bring Everton and that rant into that conversation?

Gary J
August 9th, 2010, 6:55 PM
Sky News: Interview with Shay Given:

Given: Yes, if I didn't start I would be disappointed. Joe (Hart) is a great keeper we both want to play regularly and be No 1.
Reporter: What if you weren't?
Given: I'd have to consider it. I'm 34, and don't have many years in the game left.
Reporter: Would you leave?
Given: I'd consider it, but you've got to remember we've got great players here. Apart from the 'keeper, there's 11 other players that want to start.
Reporter: Thats 12 players.

Silence :lol:

Mik
August 9th, 2010, 7:07 PM
If thats word for word, he's not wrong, in fact he's under-estimated. There's way more than 11 players who want to start.

Gary J
August 9th, 2010, 7:09 PM
Was more the way he looked at reporter after being corrected.

Simon
August 10th, 2010, 8:17 AM
More big transfers across Europe - Diego is moving to Wolfsburg for €16m, Rafa Marquez has gone to New York Red Bulls, Bruno Alves has gone to Zenit, Sebastian Giovinco has moved to Parma.

Star fruit surf rider
August 10th, 2010, 8:51 AM
How to make friends and influence people...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/n/nottm_forest/8895891.stm
FUCKING SIGN THEM!

Bluemoon
August 10th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Has any fee's been arranged?

Star fruit surf rider
August 10th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Has any fee's been arranged?
Who knows. For all Cardiff's and Swansea's whining and moaning, neither of them came out and actually denied that Whittingham and Pratley had turned down contracts and wanted to join Forest. I guess it is just a case of if we pay them what they want. It is whoever blinks first I guess because they will lose them for nothing next summer.

I'm not a fan of this "tapping up" and I hate it when Ferguson does it. But seeing as we have signed literally no-one this summer I would happily kidnap them at gunpoint to get them in and Nathan Tyson out of the team.

Mik
August 10th, 2010, 1:37 PM
Pretty please with taking Onuoha on loan. Pleased with how this defense is starting to look with Richardson, Da Silva, Mensah, Turner, Bramble, Angeleri, Al-Muhammadi and Onuoha. Glad that we could put out a couple of combinations of back 4s without Ferdinand to be honest. Although Bramble could well fall into the same shockingly error-prone category.

jesus sucks
August 10th, 2010, 1:42 PM
star fruit surf rider why do you keep neg repping me mate? thought we got on ok :(

jesus sucks
August 10th, 2010, 2:20 PM
linked with a 12m move for Carlton Cole. The Metro.

also linked in the Metro, David Moyes as new Liverpool manager, James Beattie, Paul Scharner, Luke Young.

Metro Newspapers Incorporated. 2003-2010. Owner Alex Ferguson, care of number 45, Manchester United Road, off evertonian avenue.

Mik
August 10th, 2010, 2:22 PM
I'm not all that happy with the rumours of Kenwyne Jones leaving to go to Stoke. Even if for 9m.

RFF Champ
August 10th, 2010, 3:03 PM
Pretty please with taking Onuoha on loan. Pleased with how this defense is starting to look with Richardson, Da Silva, Mensah, Turner, Bramble, Angeleri, Al-Muhammadi and Onuoha. Glad that we could put out a couple of combinations of back 4s without Ferdinand to be honest. Although Bramble could well fall into the same shockingly error-prone category.

Onuoha would be a very good signing for you.

I was under the impression that Al-Muhammadi was going to play on the wing for you rather than at right back because it caters more to his attributes. That's based on what I've been hearing from your fans.

Mik
August 10th, 2010, 3:12 PM
He CAN play either though, which means that Ferdinand is another notch down the pecking order for right back.

Winkle van Tinkle
August 10th, 2010, 3:42 PM
http://www.marca.com/2010/08/10/futbol/equipos/real_madrid/1281465798.html

Hlebsfall
August 10th, 2010, 4:03 PM
Eight million? He's getting on a bit.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 10th, 2010, 4:07 PM
Spurs signing Stipe Pletikosa according to Sky Sports, which would leave Spurs with 3 good goalkeepers.

Winkle van Tinkle
August 10th, 2010, 5:02 PM
6.5 million isn't too bad. Probably get two/three years out of him in La Liga, and Mourinho bloody loves him. Plus he's better than what they have.

Winkle van Tinkle
August 10th, 2010, 5:10 PM
Official

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2117792,00.html

Simon
August 11th, 2010, 4:16 AM
Weird, Mourinho came out just the other day and said that as much as he rates Carvalho, he's far too old. Chelsea surely need another centre back then, as it stands they only have Terry, Alex and at a push Ivanovic?

Pletikosa has been nailed on for the best part of a year, surprised it has taken this long to complete the deal.

MMH
August 11th, 2010, 4:19 AM
Weird, Mourinho came out just the other day and said that as much as he rates Carvalho, he's far too old. Chelsea surely need another centre back then, as it stands they only have Terry, Alex and at a push Ivanovic?

Pletikosa has been nailed on for the best part of a year, surprised it has taken this long to complete the deal.

He has been coming to the Premier League for like 15 years now. Im shocked he has actually managed to get here.

Why have you lot been so keen on getting another goalie by the way? Is there something wrong with Gomes?

Simon
August 11th, 2010, 4:26 AM
Think it's just cos Cudicini hasn't convinced since he joined as is also coming back from serious injury. Nothing wrong with Gomes mate, fantastic keeper and one of our key players nowadays.

MMH
August 11th, 2010, 4:45 AM
Think it's just cos Cudicini hasn't convinced since he joined as is also coming back from serious injury. Nothing wrong with Gomes mate, fantastic keeper and one of our key players nowadays.

Yeah thats what I thought. Just wondering if Gomes was injured or something. Seems really odd to spend that amount of money on a back up keeper. Seems an odd move for Pletikosa too.

Simon
August 11th, 2010, 5:12 AM
Don't think he is costing us anything beyond wages, it's either a loan or a free transfer I forget which.

Mik
August 11th, 2010, 6:27 AM
I'd like us to loan Cudicini off you, is it a deal?

Beefy
August 11th, 2010, 6:42 AM
Cudicini should have been put down years ago. He's a shadow of his former self.

UK Blue
August 11th, 2010, 7:12 AM
Seems like Boateng is going to Genoa, possibly for money plus Vanden Borre. Can't understand why AVB would want to come back here or why other clubs haven't been in for him. He's brilliant. Would be thrilled if this one comes off. AVB is better than KPB anyway.

Alf
August 11th, 2010, 8:02 AM
Boateng is to be loaned to AC Milan after he arrives in Genoa appaz...

Simon
August 11th, 2010, 8:10 AM
Genoa are making a lot of big signings this window, with Veloso and Rafinha joining as well. What's this Milan/Genoa thing then?

JIJ
August 11th, 2010, 8:16 AM
Silvio Berlisconi is seeing the Genoa presidents niece

Lazurus
August 11th, 2010, 8:56 AM
I'd like us to loan Cudicini off you, is it a deal?

No, Redknapp wants three top keepers so loaning him out would make no sense.

Gary J
August 11th, 2010, 8:57 AM
I'm hoping the rumors we are signing Robert Koren prove to be true.

BBF
August 11th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Kenwyne is having a medical at Stoke.

Unlucky Mik.

Alf
August 11th, 2010, 11:34 AM
Bellamy and Ireland left out of the UEFA Cup Squad APPAZLES.

Simon
August 11th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Hehehehehehehe. Imagine the City training ground right now with those two lunatics running around with the hump.

The Rosk
August 11th, 2010, 12:11 PM
http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2010/08/11/article-1281539922635-0AC381C0000005DC-992944_636x327.jpg

Mik
August 11th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Kenwyne is having a medical at Stoke.

Unlucky Mik.

I have come to terms with it. It could be a good thing.

Lazurus
August 11th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Looks like someone's downloaded a page and edited it in frontpage.

The lack of a URL is telling.

The Rosk
August 11th, 2010, 12:18 PM
Well it's doing the rounds in the press after hundreds of people spotted it appazzzzzzz.

Gary J
August 11th, 2010, 12:24 PM
http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid=%7BFE60904B-C2A8-4E60-9B05-700DBBC29BBC%7D&section=playerProfile&teamid=&bioid=94383

Change the last digit and it turns out Khedira and Sneijder have also joined Man Utd.

El Capitano Gatisto
Is there not stuff like this every year? All the websites will come up with random player names if you put in a different URL. Would hardly make sense for a team to put a player's name on a website before actually signing him.

Lazurus
http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={FE60904B-C2A8-4E60-9B05-700DBBC29BBC}&section=playerProfile&teamid=&bioid=94384

And Fabiano.

Lazurus
August 11th, 2010, 12:30 PM
http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={FE60904B-C2A8-4E60-9B05-700DBBC29BBC}&section=playerProfile&teamid=&bioid=94355
http://www.manutd.com/default.sps?pagegid={FE60904B-C2A8-4E60-9B05-700DBBC29BBC}&section=playerProfile&teamid=&bioid=94354

And Bale and Modric; the fuckers.

Andy
August 11th, 2010, 2:43 PM
They have been left out, but City have only named 23 players. Presumably they want Balotelli and Milner to be added.

Kenwyne Jones has signed for Stoke for 8m.

Beefy
August 11th, 2010, 2:58 PM
Quite a statement of intent from Stoke, that.

Andy
August 11th, 2010, 3:01 PM
8m seems a huge amount of money, he's never been the same since David James broke him either.

Mik
August 11th, 2010, 3:27 PM
I'm quite happy with 8m for him now in all honesty. But will reserve judgement on whether or not it is a good decision to sell him.

Winkle van Tinkle
August 11th, 2010, 3:30 PM
http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2010/08/11/article-1281539922635-0AC381C0000005DC-992944_636x327.jpg

you prat

Lazurus
August 11th, 2010, 3:32 PM
you prat

In fairness The Metro fell for it too.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/837768-mesut-ozil-manchester-united-transfer-confirmed-by-official-website

:lol:

Winkle van Tinkle
August 11th, 2010, 3:38 PM
Anti-Liverpool agenda...

Prototype16
August 11th, 2010, 3:58 PM
Pretty pleased with Jones - better than what we've got, 8 million does seem high but it's a lot better than the 12 million we were being talked about for Carlton Cole. Hopefully it means Kitson or Beattie out though rather than Tuncay though

Now we need a midfielder or two - the right hand side needs to be sorted at least

Winkle van Tinkle
August 11th, 2010, 4:55 PM
Man Utd spend 7.4 on unknown Portuguese fella.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/11/manchester-united-sign-striker-bebe

Mik
August 11th, 2010, 5:06 PM
Pretty pleased with Jones - better than what we've got, 8 million does seem high but it's a lot better than the 12 million we were being talked about for Carlton Cole. Hopefully it means Kitson or Beattie out though rather than Tuncay though

Now we need a midfielder or two - the right hand side needs to be sorted at least

Unlike many of the other former Sunderland players you've signed, I genuinely hope that Jones does well for you. I truly think that he can develop into a great player, you'll have to cope with the fact that he makes some ridiculous fluffs, but he's a good fella and can be unplayable at times.

Andy
August 11th, 2010, 5:26 PM
Man Utd spend 7.4 on unknown Portuguese fella.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/11/manchester-united-sign-striker-bebe

I thought Fergie wasn't being given any money. :rolleyes:

Keano's Magic Hat
August 11th, 2010, 5:55 PM
A mate of mine was absolutely raving about this Bebe lad a while back. Apparently Marca claimed that Madrid had signed him this morning so for both Mourinho and Ferguson to be interested he must be quite the prospect indeed.

turdpower
August 11th, 2010, 6:34 PM
Be interesting to see how he features and where this leaves Welbeck and Macheda. I assume Welbeck will go out on loan again. Sunderland was suggested even before Jones went to Stoke, so I guess that fits even better now.

Canuck
August 11th, 2010, 6:38 PM
That article says Welbeck is on his way to Sunderland, so yeah.

Winkle van Tinkle
August 11th, 2010, 6:41 PM
So how much have the Glazers stumped up now this year? Smalling, Hernandez, and Bebe. Whats that? 25m?

GREEN AND GOLD SCARF TIME!!!!

turdpower
August 11th, 2010, 7:04 PM
So just another 55m to go.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 11th, 2010, 7:26 PM
Ozil and cash for Berbatov

1_Pablo_Angel
August 12th, 2010, 6:13 AM
Apparently Ireland/Milner is done.

:dunno:

The Rosk
August 12th, 2010, 6:15 AM
GOOD. Outstanding deal if so.

Simon
August 12th, 2010, 6:18 AM
Yep, great deal for Villa if it's 20m plus Ireland as reported. Poulsen has joined Liverpool also.

radon
August 12th, 2010, 6:53 AM
Good move for us for Poulsen.

In fact us getting anyone is good news atm.

1_Pablo_Angel
August 12th, 2010, 7:23 AM
GOOD. Outstanding deal if so.

Wouldn't get too excited. We only have 2 ITK's on the entire internet and they're both shit.

The Rosk
August 12th, 2010, 7:32 AM
Squad numbers announced for Villa. No.9 shirt has been kept free, whereas Heskey has kept his No.18 shirt. This is fucking brilliant news.

turdpower
August 12th, 2010, 10:39 AM
APPAZ Chelsea have signed Neymar for 20 odd million.

Chris Scott
August 12th, 2010, 4:15 PM
Good move for us for Poulsen.

In fact us getting anyone is good news atm.

Yeah I guess I'm happy.

1_Pablo_Angel
August 12th, 2010, 4:22 PM
Wouldn't get too excited. We only have 2 ITK's on the entire internet and they're both shit.

So after they both said it was a 'done deal 100% nailed on gospel' last night, today sees one saying it will be announced tomorrow, with the other reporting that the deal's definitely off. Because Sunderland have come in for him, apparently.

You've got to laugh.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 12th, 2010, 4:26 PM
Man City would make sure he goes to Villa if that was the case. They'd surely just reject Sunderland's bid and sweeten the deal for Ireland to go to Villa with a pay-off or wage augmentation or some shite like that.

1_Pablo_Angel
August 12th, 2010, 4:31 PM
You'd think so. Not sure it's a great idea signing a nutcase like Ireland if he doesn't really want to come here though. Fuck it, Jurgen will sort him out.

1_Pablo_Angel
August 12th, 2010, 4:34 PM
HANG ON

I’ll have that 50 with you fella, because Ireland is currently having a medical in Birmingham.

The only thing that has held the deal up is Cook’s negotiations with Ireland over his pay off, the same as Dunne last season.

:eek:

1_Pablo_Angel
August 12th, 2010, 5:01 PM
... and it seems this delay is indeed down to Gary Cook being a twat again. Piss off you bluenose wanker.

Mik
August 12th, 2010, 6:40 PM
Asamoah Gyan to replace Kenwyne Jones?

El Capitano Gatisto
August 12th, 2010, 6:48 PM
That would be a good piece of work. Gyan looks like he'd bang in a few goals and do a good job hassling people in the Premier League. His style just seems to suit it. Him and Bent up front would be pacey.

1_Pablo_Angel
August 13th, 2010, 2:17 AM
Any news your end re: Heskey Mik? Too good to be true I'd have thought but a few rumours flying about that you're interested... :fingersx:

Gary J
August 13th, 2010, 3:30 AM
Could be true Steve Bruce is a big fan as Heskey did well for him at Birmingham and Wigan.

The Rosk
August 13th, 2010, 3:50 AM
So Ireland wants 2m from City to go. Jesus Christ.

Lazurus
August 13th, 2010, 3:54 AM
So Ireland wants 2m from City to go. Jesus Christ.

Good for him; he hasn't asked to leave so they have to pay his loyalty payment. It's standard these days so why shouldn't he get it?

The Rosk
August 13th, 2010, 4:02 AM
I'm just fucked off this is taking so long mate. Appaz everything has been sorted but this. And City won't back down.

1_Pablo_Angel
August 13th, 2010, 4:33 AM
Bollocks wont they. I'm the first to criticise loyalty payments, i.e. the one we laughably had to give to Gareth Barry, but in Ireland's case you can see the logic. He'll have to take a whopper of a pay cut to come to us, he's been utterly forced out of City against his will (like Dickie Dunne), and now Gary Cook is trying to be a cunt about a sum of money to which he's contractually entitled and which for their owners is peanuts.

I'm sure the owners will be really happy he's saved them a few bob if the Milner move collapses as a result. This will happen... it's just a matter of when.

Garry Cook is a fucking cunt.

The Rosk
August 13th, 2010, 4:36 AM
http://img.metro.co.uk/i/pix/2009/01/GarryCookAP_450x462.jpg

Look at him, the fucking slack-jawed buffoon. Give Ireland his money you cunt.

The Rosk
August 13th, 2010, 4:43 AM
http://www.stephenireland.com/

I wonder how much of the 2 million he is asking for he will give to FRANCIS HOUSE CHILDREN'S HOSPICE.

Winkle van Tinkle
August 13th, 2010, 5:57 AM
I hate all them cunts in scarves. Mancini ok, in the winter months, that's his thing. But cook marwood and the arabs sitting there in their little scarves look like absolute try hard shits

Mik
August 13th, 2010, 6:12 AM
Any news your end re: Heskey Mik? Too good to be true I'd have thought but a few rumours flying about that you're interested... :fingersx:

Not heard a single word about that rumour. Bellamy, but seems like he's more likely to go to Celtic. Crouch, but it seems that Harry wants him to stay at Tottenham, unless we're willing to pay an outrageous amount. Gyan, but he's got a few other suitors and isnt going to be cheap. Not heard anything about Heskey.

Andy
August 13th, 2010, 6:21 AM
Looks like Schwarzer and Ben Arfa are throwing hissy fits to push through their respective moves.

Winkle van Tinkle
August 13th, 2010, 8:26 AM
- Bradley has apparently quit as USA boss.

- Balotelli is having medical at the moment.

- Anton Ferdinand not given squad number

POW!

Winkle van Tinkle
August 13th, 2010, 8:36 AM
THANK GOD!! WE'VE FINALLY SIGNED A GOALKEEPER!!!!

:hyper:

http://www.gifbin.com/bin/092009/1253784931_kid_goalkeeper.gif

Mik
August 13th, 2010, 8:39 AM
Apparently Ferdinand and Bruce had a big bust up on the training ground yesterday and Bruce had told Ferdinand that he needs to move to a different club.

Simon
August 13th, 2010, 8:41 AM
Ferdinand is going on loan to Palermo I heard?

Simon
August 13th, 2010, 8:41 AM
Winkydink that photo didn't work, what is it?

Mik
August 13th, 2010, 8:43 AM
Ferdinand is going on loan to Palermo I heard?

So the rumours say.

Bluemoon
August 13th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Garry Cook is a fucking cunt.

He is an absolute cunt.

Ireland doesn't deserve 2m though.

Mik
August 13th, 2010, 1:49 PM
How does he not? Its a loyalty payment. He's not asked to leave, he's being forced to leave as a make-weight to a club who will pay him significantly less than his current wage that he originally agreed upon. He could just refuse to move and sit out the contract he signed.

wardy
August 13th, 2010, 1:57 PM
Fuck.

Andy
August 13th, 2010, 5:42 PM
Schwarzer has handed in a transfer request.

MMH
August 14th, 2010, 6:43 AM
Some ITK (ie shite probably) from Everton.

The two posts:

Just spoke to bellamys agent, he is strongly suggesting everton to the player . City will loan to anyone outside the top six & that includes us , which sums up the arrogance of the club. The agent has told bellamy everton are the club that with him could bust the top four and rub city's nose in it. The player is interested ,but there are other issues which he won't discuss with me which I imagine is cash & the bloke has described everton as a 'strange club'. In reply to the above bellamy has 100% not signed at present but a deal is possible & a lot closer than last month.

Yobo is subject of firm interest now & is very likely to leave , I've read about Marseilles on here but apparently he can qualify for a British passport (or some sort of residency or something I'm unsure of the details) in October so he wants to stay in England. Interest has increased last few days.

Cole was done to stoke to finance the Yak, Liverpool asked about cole so he pulled the plug hoping he could get to anfield, at the same time West Ham are unhappy 7m ish was turned down . The agent, who isn't involved in that deal, thinks it now very unlikely however talks are underway at everton because moyes would like the money to spend.

That's all I've got, I probably struggle for any other news because Im planning on gettin very drunk today. If I get anything tho over the next few days I'll post it.

and:

Kilbane's agent who also works with / has links with Bellamy, He reckons it'll all be unveiled monday, as I say just passing on what I've heard, I probably trust sheedy more though he seems pretty itk. I wouldn't mind him myself, even if he is a shithouse

jesus sucks
August 14th, 2010, 7:51 AM
total horseshit.

Andy
August 14th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Schwarzer wasn't in the Fulham squad today, hopefully he's signed in time for next week.

Beefy
August 14th, 2010, 12:23 PM
Got to make a move for Given now, surely?

Andy
August 14th, 2010, 12:28 PM
I don't think they'd sell/loan us Given. He'll end up going to Fulham on loan.

STILL no word on a defender.

Bluemoon
August 14th, 2010, 1:43 PM
How does he not? Its a loyalty payment. He's not asked to leave, he's being forced to leave as a make-weight to a club who will pay him significantly less than his current wage that he originally agreed upon. He could just refuse to move and sit out the contract he signed.

He's not part off the manager's plans so we are bound not to want him, he could easily just stay and play in the reserves and let his contract run out. It will harm him more than us.

Bluemoon
August 14th, 2010, 1:44 PM
I don't think they'd sell/loan us Given. He'll end up going to Fulham on loan.

STILL no word on a defender.

Nope no way we would let Given go to Arsenal or even Hart.

Second City Saint
August 14th, 2010, 1:47 PM
I doubt Man City would give a player of Given's quality to a top 6 (or so) team.

BBF
August 15th, 2010, 5:33 PM
Given to Arsenal is a done deal apparently.

Beefy
August 15th, 2010, 5:56 PM
It's a given.

Bluemoon
August 15th, 2010, 6:00 PM
Given to Arsenal is a done deal apparently.

Source?

Andy
August 15th, 2010, 6:40 PM
Don't get my hopes up please.

Andy
August 15th, 2010, 6:43 PM
Apparently the source is Warren Barton, who said on American TV that it's a done deal. APPAZ he's Shay's bezzie mate so defo reliable and all that.

Dubious. Please god let it be true though.

Bluemoon
August 15th, 2010, 6:51 PM
I hope its not true.

Mik
August 15th, 2010, 7:20 PM
He's not part off the manager's plans so we are bound not to want him, he could easily just stay and play in the reserves and let his contract run out. It will harm him more than us.

They dont want him to do that. They want him to leave the club as a make-weight for the Milner deal and as such, he has a right to ask for his contract to be honoured.

Bluemoon
August 15th, 2010, 7:53 PM
Bollocks, we was looking to sell him anyway well before he got mentioned to be apart of a swap.

So every player who's not wanted should ask for a payoff of some sort?

MichaelC
August 15th, 2010, 8:27 PM
It's not bollocks. Ireland was "loyal" to City ergo he gets his loyalty payment.

Simon
August 16th, 2010, 12:52 PM
A few people are saying the Bellamy issue could get seriously acrimonious, as if it wasn't already...City are willing to let him go to anyone except Spurs, Bellamy won't go anywhere except Spurs. Now that he's been left out of the initial squad of 25, he would be able to cancel his contract under the Sporting Just Cause law provided he was left out again in January when you can make alterations (you have to play less than 10% of the club's games over the course of a season, having previously established yourself as a first-team player at the club, to be eligible for this clause) so it creates a very odd situation.

Simon
August 16th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Bollocks, we was looking to sell him anyway well before he got mentioned to be apart of a swap.

So every player who's not wanted should ask for a payoff of some sort?

He's being forced out against his wishes. Any player who is genuinely forced out when they want to stay as Ireland is should be entitled to their loyalty bonus. Compare this to Barry who agitated for a move for over a year and STILL had the temerity to demand his bonuses because he didn't actually hand in a transfer request.

The Rosk
Doesn't want to go anywhere but Spurs. Good one.

Simon
:rolleyes: Out of the clubs interested obviously, ie. Villa, Fulham, Celtic, Cardiff.

Simon
August 16th, 2010, 1:00 PM
http://c3.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/128/m_2eb1a0c3a17f4763ab54d65b6b83f5d6.gif

Andy
August 16th, 2010, 1:03 PM
According to who? City are well within their rights to not sell to Tottenham, it would be silly for them to do it. It's not like they're gonna be bothered on losing out on a transfer fee if he refuses to go anywhere else and rots in the reserves for 9 months.

Disappointingly, there doesn't seem to be anything to these Given rumours. Barton is a twat for getting everyone's hopes up.

The Rosk
August 16th, 2010, 6:35 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/16/aston-villa-manchester-city-james-milner

Good on you lad. The strong performance at the weekend, rumours of Maradona and Sven wanting the job and Milner apparently happy to stay at Villa has made this week slightly less stressful than the last.

UK Blue
August 16th, 2010, 7:44 PM
The prospect of Maradona or Sven shouldn't make things less stressful.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 16th, 2010, 8:12 PM
Makes absolutely no sense that they would prefer to pay Villa an extra few million than give Ireland his pay-off.

The Rosk
August 17th, 2010, 3:16 AM
The prospect of Maradona or Sven shouldn't make things less stressful.

I should have made this more clear. Big names like that putting their names in the hat is significantly better than Ian Wright saying he asked around and found that "no one wants the Villa job". It is nice to be wanted.

Simon
August 17th, 2010, 4:17 AM
I wouldn't pay too much attention to what Ian Wright has to say, he's a twat.

The Rosk
August 17th, 2010, 4:25 AM
What the fuck are City playing at though. They are fucking mental. First with this refusal to give Ireland what he is contractually obliged, and then banning Bellamy?

They looked absolute dogshit against Spurs. Spurs played pretty well but nowhere near as well as some on here were saying. City were so, so awful. It was the first time in a long time I saw myself wanting Spurs to win.

The Rosk
August 17th, 2010, 8:40 AM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/16/aston-villa-manchester-city-james-milner

Good on you lad. The strong performance at the weekend, rumours of Maradona and Sven wanting the job and Milner apparently happy to stay at Villa has made this week slightly less stressful than the last.

Cheers for sorting this out Jimmy. 18million + Stephen Ireland, DEAL.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_6317838,00.html

The Rosk
August 17th, 2010, 8:53 AM
Well this is going to be a big ask, not only for Ireland to come straight into the team and be as good as Jimmy, but for the others to take on the pressure. Ireland in a 4-5-1 will be a bit fabulous I hope.

I assume that Milner, and the way City eventually bent over for us in this transfer, will be going straight into their team. Barry will be binned I reckon. Poor fucker :lol:

Simon
August 17th, 2010, 8:56 AM
Absolutely magnificent deal for Villa. Up there with the Ibrahimovic/Eto'o deal for me in terms of the discrepancy of value of the two players. Then again what do I know, I remember as a kid being stunned that United were signing Cole for 7m plus Keith Gillespie as I was convinced Gillespie was going to be a top class winger.

Murphy
August 17th, 2010, 8:58 AM
Mirror has Jenas to Inter for 10m.

Seriously, was the Mirror always this God awful? I'm guessing yes.

The Rosk
August 17th, 2010, 9:05 AM
Absolutely magnificent deal for Villa. Up there with the Ibrahimovic/Eto'o deal for me in terms of the discrepancy of value of the two players. Then again what do I know, I remember as a kid being stunned that United were signing Cole for 7m plus Keith Gillespie as I was convinced Gillespie was going to be a top class winger.

Obviously I am gutted. I loved Jimmy. He was our best player last season.

But this is probably the best deal (outside of buying Dwight Yorke for about 7,000) I have ever seen Villa do. Whoever has been in charge of this deserves a big biscuit. The West Ham atmosphere was surreal; Jimmy has obviously put everything into his time at Villa and he was doing just the same on Saturday, and genuinely won the fans back within 5 minutes. I genuinely hope he will be used by City as I think he could be an outstanding player for them.

Simon
August 17th, 2010, 9:13 AM
I'm just looking forward to some more mad Stephen Ireland stories. The guy is genuinely insane. The news of his fishtank made my day when I heard it.

Simon
August 17th, 2010, 9:14 AM
http://www.kickette.com/files/2009/08/aug26ireland.jpg

Look at the state of him :D

Murphy
August 17th, 2010, 9:14 AM
Fishtank?

He looks no worse than some of our lot, to be honest.

Simon
August 17th, 2010, 9:23 AM
He's got a magic internet fishtank that he can control from anywhere in the world. It cost him something like 100k and it's made of some super strong material so that he won't smash it with stray balls from the pool table he has right next to the tank. "Why not just move the table a bit further away?", they said, but he sure showed them.