PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64]

RuneEdge
August 31st, 2017, 9:09 AM
Jadon Sancho's apparently moving to BVB. :eek:

Peter Griffin
August 31st, 2017, 11:13 AM
BREAKING NEWS

Arsenal have offered £92m (€100m) to sign Thomas Lemar from Monaco.

We understand Arsenal are yet to respond to Manchester City’s second bid of £55m for Alexis Sanchez.

The Gunners will not let Sanchez leave this summer without the arrival of a replacement.

Monaco don’t want to sell Lemar but we understand they could be tempted by Arsenal’s massive €100m offer.

Lemar is due to play for France this evening in a crucial World Cup qualifier against the Netherlands, live on Sky Sports.

WHAT'S THAT ARSENAL BITCHES?

Simon
August 31st, 2017, 11:30 AM
Wait and see if they actually get him, they wouldn't be the first team (or even the first this window) to pay lip service to the fans by bidding for players they know they can't get.

Mad how quickly the transfer market is changing - already Walker's fee doesn't seem all that mental, and Pogba already seems like a relative bargain :lol:

MMH
August 31st, 2017, 11:43 AM
We were robbed for Lukaku.

Simon
August 31st, 2017, 11:49 AM
BREAKING NEWS

Arsenal have offered £92m (€100m) to sign Thomas Lemar from Monaco.

We understand Arsenal are yet to respond to Manchester City’s second bid of £55m for Alexis Sanchez.

The Gunners will not let Sanchez leave this summer without the arrival of a replacement.

Monaco don’t want to sell Lemar but we understand they could be tempted by Arsenal’s massive €100m offer.

Lemar is due to play for France this evening in a crucial World Cup qualifier against the Netherlands, live on Sky Sports.

WHAT'S THAT ARSENAL BITCHES?

Wait and see if they actually get him, they wouldn't be the first team (or even the first this window) to pay lip service to the fans by bidding for players they know they can't get.

Took barely half an hour for Arsenal to withdraw their bid when Monaco accepted it :lol:

Peter Griffin
August 31st, 2017, 11:50 AM
:facepalm:

_me
August 31st, 2017, 12:44 PM
Is there any chance Arsenal won't regret not accepting a bid for Sanchez? When has forcing a player to stay against their will ever worked out well? Take the money and buy someone who wants to play for you…

RuneEdge
August 31st, 2017, 12:56 PM
Jadon Sancho's apparently moving to BVB. :eek:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIkXwiWXYAA9GyB.jpg

Can't believe this move happened. Has to be one of our brightest prospects to ever move abroad at this age. Given Dembele's old number too, which is very interesting.
City apparently had bids from Chelsea, United and Spurs (to name a few), but they were adamant he doesn't go to another English team. Will enjoy following his development. :yes:

Andy
August 31st, 2017, 12:56 PM
God what a shambles. No idea if Lemar would be overpriced in this market at 90m but to get 60m in for Sanchez then do that business would seem to make some sort of sense given Sanchez obviously doesn't want to be there. But apparently we have no money. Madness.

Simon
August 31st, 2017, 1:09 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIkXwiWXYAA9GyB.jpg

Can't believe this move happened. Has to be one of our brightest prospects to ever move abroad at this age. Given Dembele's old number too, which is very interesting.
City apparently had bids from Chelsea, United and Spurs (to name a few), but they were adamant he doesn't go to another English team. Will enjoy following his development. :yes:

Gutted we didn't sign him but so excited to see how he does. The number suggests he will be in the first team squad, from what I've heard he is the real deal. Outside bet for the World Cup if Englandget there?

son_of_foley
August 31st, 2017, 1:12 PM
How much is the betting the sell Sanchez sign nobody and announce a new ozil contract to try and make up for it

RuneEdge
August 31st, 2017, 1:14 PM
That does sound very Wenger.

The Beer Monster
August 31st, 2017, 1:29 PM
Plus Jack Wiltshire is like a new signing.

Hlebsfall
August 31st, 2017, 5:50 PM
Well there goes another transfer window and somehow Arsenal have managed yet again to come away with a weaker looking squad than when it opened. All with a negative net transfer spend to boot.

Rip
August 31st, 2017, 5:52 PM
Well there goes another transfer window and somehow Arsenal have managed yet again to come away with a weaker looking squad than when it opened. All with a negative net transfer spend to boot.

I have no sympathy.

At least you lot looked like you knew you were allowed to join in.

MMH
August 31st, 2017, 6:03 PM
Ross Barkley in a fucking nutshell.

Hlebsfall
August 31st, 2017, 8:22 PM
Crushing, embarrassment of a defeat by a rival, lack of movement in a transfer window. It's nice to see things have moved on from six years ago.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/14606020

Andy
August 31st, 2017, 8:26 PM
I think you'll find we signed Park Chu Young and Andre Santos after that game. (And Arteta and Mertesacker to be fair).

At least we actually responded after that game though.

Chris Scott
August 31st, 2017, 9:40 PM
Danny Drinkwater £35m. We was robbed for Lucas.

Romford Pele
September 1st, 2017, 2:27 AM
Fuck me that is a forward line PSG have now.

StevieV
September 1st, 2017, 3:46 PM
Llorente not happening apparently.

Wrong as usual.

Simon
September 1st, 2017, 4:33 PM
Balague said we were signing him so I was sure we weren't.

StevieV
September 2nd, 2017, 5:41 AM
Llorente not happening apparently. Seems like we have narrowed ourselves down to Rossi and/or Adebayor. So either we will get a fantastic signing or no signing at all.

Full quote.

RuneEdge
January 14th, 2018, 3:24 PM
Normally there's not much talk here during the winter window, but this one is looking like the biggest one yet.
Van Dijk's moved for big money, Sanchez potentially moving to one of the Manchester clubs, now today apparently Arsenal are going to wrap up a deal for Aubameyang. £60m, and the player wasnt in BVB's squad today.

Simon
January 14th, 2018, 4:42 PM
He was left out for disciplinary reasons apparently...so could be him trying to push a move through. That's some step down for a player who has been touting himself for a move to Madrid for the past five years. In fact it's arguably a step down from Dortmund, although I'm sure the money will be better. Great signing for Arsenal if true, but raises huge questions over their transfer policy given they did £50m on Lacazette six months ago and he will be second choice if PEA signs.

Not much in the pipeline for us, most of the talk is on new contracts - looks like we are trying to get Alderweireld, Kane and Eriksen tied down soon.

Also Sanchez would have to be mad to sign for United ahead of City.

Romford Pele
January 15th, 2018, 3:49 AM
Normally there's not much talk here during the winter window, but this one is looking like the biggest one yet.
Van Dijk's moved for big money, Sanchez potentially moving to one of the Manchester clubs, now today apparently Arsenal are going to wrap up a deal for Aubameyang. £60m, and the player wasnt in BVB's squad today.

Aubameyang and Malcolm in, Sanchez and Walcott out. I would take that if it happens. And a defender in.

Romford Pele
January 15th, 2018, 4:36 AM

Double post

Simon
January 15th, 2018, 4:47 AM
You honestly think you will get Aubameyang AND Malcolm? That will be £100m minimum, seems incredibly unlikely.

BBF
January 15th, 2018, 4:48 AM
MALCOM

Gary J
January 15th, 2018, 5:06 AM
I don't think getting Aubameyang would be a problem he's only at Dortmund because no-one wanted him in the summer apart from AC Milan and he kept saying he was off to China for massive money.

But even the Chinese clubs weren't prepared to spend that money on him and Milan decided they didn't want him. Not sure how he's done this season but I don't think Dortmund are
going to be putting up a huge fight to keep him.

RFF Champ
January 15th, 2018, 5:42 AM
MALCOM

Is he even any good?

BBF
January 15th, 2018, 5:46 AM
He's got a high ceiling in terms of potential and he's easily Bordeaux's most creative player but he's far from the finished article and would need plenty of work to be at the standard some Arsenal fans seem to think he is. Long term he could be a leading attacker but that's if he realises that potential and in the short term he's a big step down from Sanchez.

RFF Champ
January 15th, 2018, 5:58 AM
They should give Nketiah a game but they'll sell him for £1.5mil instead.

Romford Pele
January 15th, 2018, 6:23 AM
You honestly think you will get Aubameyang AND Malcolm? That will be £100m minimum, seems incredibly unlikely.

If we sell Sanchez and Walcott then yes. The situation the club is in, it would not suprise me.

Remember we were in profit from the summer window, plus just got £12m for Coquelin. If we get say £30m for Sanchez and £20m for Walcott that is £60m this window alone.

Simon
January 15th, 2018, 6:29 AM
What would you get for Sanchez and Walcott, £40m? Seems far-fetched that you would get both Aubameyang and Malcom.

RuneEdge
January 15th, 2018, 6:41 AM
He's got a high ceiling in terms of potential and he's easily Bordeaux's most creative player but he's far from the finished article and would need plenty of work to be at the standard some Arsenal fans seem to think he is. Long term he could be a leading attacker but that's if he realises that potential and in the short term he's a big step down from Sanchez.
Malcom seems to be good enough to take a chance on, that's the main thing. If he was any better right now, he'd also cost more. If we sign Sanchez, the rumour is that Mkhitaryan goes the other way. Having Mkhi and Malcom together would be perfect as it would potentially give you two wingers with the option of playing Mkhi down the middle where Ozil used to be (assuming he leaves as well. Apparently he has a good chance of staying). I don't want to see Mkhi leave personally but its clear his mind isnt in the right place when you see him play. Potentially he's amazing and can see him turning it around at a new team.

As for Aubameyang, I don't really know anything about him other than that he's 28 now and he doesn't play for an elite team like Bayern, Juve, Barca, Madrid, etc. Realistically how long can people continue to throw figures like £70m around when talking about him? He's been at BVB for a while now and even though he's always scored a ton of goals and been linked to everyone under the sun in that time, the move never seems to happen. My feeling is that the rest of the football world doesnt really value him at £70m and BVB have always priced him out of everyone's reach.
The story about him not making the team yesterday comes from Auba apparently not showing up for a team meeting and consequently being dropped from the squad entirely. Word has then got out that the player himself is trying to force a move away, which could lower his price tag.

Simon
January 15th, 2018, 6:47 AM
I wish I could remember what happened the last time Arsenal banged a shitload of money on a striker who had been touted for huge moves for years without ever making it.

RuneEdge
January 15th, 2018, 7:32 AM
You say that like it means something in Auba's case.

Romford Pele
January 15th, 2018, 7:40 AM
What would you get for Sanchez and Walcott, £40m? Seems far-fetched that you would get both Aubameyang and Malcom.

I would say £50m plus for both. Both have multiple teams in for them, so we should be able to get the price up a bit.

Why not? If Walcott and Sanchez go, we would only have Lacazette, Giroud (injured) and Welbeck (awful form) to lead the line and Ozil and Iwobi to play in a front 3'

Simon
January 15th, 2018, 7:47 AM
You say that like it means something in Auba's case.

Don't see that there's an enormous difference between him and Lacazette - both very highly rated with excellent scoring records, both talked about in connection to top clubs for ages but never convinced a top club to actually make the transfer happen.

Simon
January 15th, 2018, 7:52 AM
I would say £50m plus for both. Both have multiple teams in for them, so we should be able to get the price up a bit.

Why not? If Walcott and Sanchez go, we would only have Lacazette, Giroud (injured) and Welbeck (awful form) to lead the line and Ozil and Iwobi to play in a front 3'

I'm not saying you won't need two replacements for them (although Walcott won't exactly be missed in terms of squad depth as he's barely played), I just doubt Arsenal would sign two very expensive players in similar positions having just spent a fortune on Lacazette. Also, I'm sure we've had this conversation, but any manager that signs a new player on a long term contract to cover a short term injury (Giroud is out for two more weeks ffs) should be immediately sacked. Lacazette and Giroud is more than enough cover for one striker spot, especially with Welbeck capable of playing there if needed.

Again I'm not saying you shouldn't sign PEA because he's clearly a good player, but the idea that you need him because of a lack of squad depth just doesn't stand up at all. As for Malcom, well he's very highly rated and he's young so he is a logical signing I guess, I haven't seen him play, but I can't see Arsenal doing £100m in one window personally.

RuneEdge
January 15th, 2018, 8:04 AM
Don't see that there's an enormous difference between him and Lacazette - both very highly rated with excellent scoring records, both talked about in connection to top clubs for ages but never convinced a top club to actually make the transfer happen.

I get the comparison. I just don't get how it would have any bearing on how well Aubameyang would perform for Arsenal. I agree spending £100m in a winter window sounds crazy for Arsenal, but maybe its not now. Maybe it happens in the summer.

Simon
January 15th, 2018, 8:08 AM
It doesn't have any direct bearing, my point is that there is probably a reason why highly rated, prolific players get touted for these huge moves and then never get them,. There's something stopping the top clubs from going for them, and thus far with Lacazette it seems like it may have been a good decision - he hasn't completely flopped or anything, but he doesn't look like a top player. Maybe Aubameyang is the same.

Romford Pele
January 15th, 2018, 8:20 AM
I'm not saying you won't need two replacements for them (although Walcott won't exactly be missed in terms of squad depth as he's barely played), I just doubt Arsenal would sign two very expensive players in similar positions having just spent a fortune on Lacazette. Also, I'm sure we've had this conversation, but any manager that signs a new player on a long term contract to cover a short term injury (Giroud is out for two more weeks ffs) should be immediately sacked. Lacazette and Giroud is more than enough cover for one striker spot, especially with Welbeck capable of playing there if needed.

Again I'm not saying you shouldn't sign PEA because he's clearly a good player, but the idea that you need him because of a lack of squad depth just doesn't stand up at all. As for Malcom, well he's very highly rated and he's young so he is a logical signing I guess, I haven't seen him play, but I can't see Arsenal doing £100m in one window personally.

I would be surprised if both Giroud and Welbeck are Arsenal players next season. Giroud is and has been a very useful option to bring on from the bench, so I could see him staying next season and then going back to France.

Welbecks contract expires in 2019, so the club need to either sign him up or sell him. He is not an automatic starter and is injury prone as well as an awful finisher so I can see him going in the summer.

Signing both players would give the club one less thing to do in the summer, so I can see the £100m being spent, especially as we are selling quite a few players now and have the money.

RuneEdge
January 15th, 2018, 8:30 AM
That's fair. You never really know what you're getting with almost anyone from another league. The thing with Aubameyang is that unlike Lacazette, he's always been linked with moves to teams like Bayern and Madrid and has a significantly better goal return over the last three seasons.
I think the question should be whether you should spend so much on another striker after just buying Lacazette not too long ago. I'd argue they should if they could afford it. Laca can play as a wide forward and work alongside Aubameyang. And if you have a player of Sanchez' quality leaving, signing Auba doesnt seem so excessive. Plus you have the worry of dropping out of the top 4 for the long term to worry about sorting out.

I look at United's situation and ask, if Griezmann was available to sign this summer, would be hold back because of the money spent on Lukaku last year? Probably not. I think we're reaching a stage where teams like City, United, Chelsea could start fielding sides with £50m+ signings in half a dozen positions.

Hlebsfall
January 15th, 2018, 8:32 AM
Honestly, the players don't matter, it's the old dickhead in charge that's the issue. As soon as he gains some self awareness and removes himself from the club, there's a chance it can move forward. I can't think of a player in that squad that hasn't regressed since being bought.

Simon
January 15th, 2018, 8:37 AM
There's definitely some truth to that Hlebs - you signed Sanchez and Ozil, went backwards with them and are now losing them for a fraction of their market value - if that happens with two players that have already proven themselves as world class players at the biggest clubs going, I'm not sure what can be expected of players that are less proven.

Romford Pele
January 15th, 2018, 9:27 AM
Honestly, the players don't matter, it's the old dickhead in charge that's the issue. As soon as he gains some self awareness and removes himself from the club, there's a chance it can move forward. I can't think of a player in that squad that hasn't regressed since being bought.

Well that is the big if isnt it. Hopefully he can be mutually consented come the summer and someone like Ancelotti can come in and steady things.

The squad needs a lot of work in any case.

El Capitano Gatisto
January 15th, 2018, 10:33 AM
When has Ancelotti ever stabilised anything? He has literally made a career out of being a stooge at big money clubs and getting away with doing as little as possible. He'd be a fucking disaster at Arsenal.

Romford Pele
January 31st, 2018, 8:51 AM
So Aub has signed. Wonder if we will sign Evans as well. Shame if Giroud goes

RuneEdge
May 28th, 2018, 4:09 PM
Liverpool have signed Fabinho.

Romford Pele
May 29th, 2018, 4:19 AM
Hope Arsenal have something good lined up as he would have been perfect for us. Good price too