PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64

MMH
July 9th, 2017, 6:00 PM
Obviously they didn't show the ones where they called him a cunt, But there were a fair few Evertonians who seemed enthused by the signing yesterday on SSN.

Its been a long time. A lot of them wouldn't have been old enough to old enough at the time to form opinions like this.

Fact is he is here now so we have to get on with it and pretend its all OK. I hate that thought process, if a club doesn't have standards and principles then it has nothing for me. Tht said he will be playing in China next year as he is finished. If not then we will benefit I suppose and I will seethe quietly. He could be brilliant, I will never like him.

Peter Griffin
July 9th, 2017, 6:03 PM
Most of them were middle aged blokes mind, I understand your point though.

MMH
July 9th, 2017, 6:04 PM
Most of them were middle aged blokes mind, I understand your point though.

Park End fatties with no soul probably.

Chris Scott
July 9th, 2017, 6:11 PM
Its been a long time. A lot of them wouldn't have been old enough to old enough at the time to form opinions like this.

Fact is he is here now so we have to get on with it and pretend its all OK. I hate that thought process, if a club doesn't have standards and principles then it has nothing for me. Tht said he will be playing in China next year as he is finished. If not then we will benefit I suppose and I will seethe quietly. He could be brilliant, I will never like him.

You think your manager really really wanted him? Or has it gone higher than him in hoping you sell shit loads of shirts?

RuneEdge
July 9th, 2017, 6:18 PM
It does not matter how much you try to justify it, how much common sense or logic you put forward, it wont change a damned thing! Football is an emotive sport. We wanted him to stay at least for a bit because we are Everton fans, like he is supposed to be.

To use the old tired cliche its like your missus saying she loves you an then fucking off with a richer man first chance she gets. She may be happy and gets more out of life but you still resent her for fucking off when you had big plans with her. I don't get why its so had to understand. You keep coming back with stuff that we all know already and nobody is denying. Why? It wont change our perception of him!

Its that bold part I'm questioning. He's not "supposed to" do anything. And it's not like the tired old cliche either. This would be more like you hooking up with an 18 year old girl that was way out of your league, assuming she won't find someone better than you, and then being upset when she does. You either hold her down by proving you're worth it, or run the risk of her finding someone better than you.
Quit being the dude who sits at home sobbing while the ex is getting her ass pounded by the big rich dude with the huge dick.

MMH
July 9th, 2017, 6:36 PM
Its that bold part I'm questioning. He's not "supposed to" do anything. And it's not like the tired old cliche either. This would be more like you hooking up with an 18 year old girl that was way out of your league, assuming she won't find someone better than you, and then being upset when she does. You either hold her down by proving you're worth it, or run the risk of her finding someone better than you.
Quit being the dude who sits at home sobbing while the ex is getting her ass pounded by the big rich dude with the huge dick.

You are doing it again!

Its how WE as fans think. We think he should want to stay here because he is supposed to be a fan like us. As thats what we think we would do.

Its unreasonable and has no basis in reality but the feeling is still there, you coming up with all sorts of thing does not change that, what do you not understand about this?

Personally I "hate" him in football terms because its what I should do as a fan of our club. Believe it or not I dont hate Liverpool players either in real life (except Aldridge, he will always be a twat) but in a footballing sense I do hate them as they are the opposition. In the same way Rooney will always be a footballing rat to me. Your viewpoint of football here is taking all sense of emotion out of it which is not how football (in my opinion) should be. Its a vital part of the game and a grudge should last forever.

MMH
July 9th, 2017, 6:37 PM
You think your manager really really wanted him? Or has it gone higher than him in hoping you sell shit loads of shirts?

Koeman wanted him. I have no doubt about that.

It will make zero difference to shirt sales. And even if it did we are set to a certain amount from Kitbag anyway.

Peter Griffin
July 9th, 2017, 6:41 PM
What did Aldridge ever do?

MMH
July 9th, 2017, 6:47 PM
What did Aldridge ever do?

He is known as TCA. That Cunt Aldridge.

His biggest crime for me was ruffling Brian Laws hair after an own goal in the replayed Hillsborough game which I thought was a disgusting act.

Beyond that it is mainly parody stuff, he wont mention Torres by name for leaving them (at least I call Rooney by his name!), recently said that Van Dijk should go on strike to force a move to Liverpool.

He is just a nasty hypocritical drunk git really. His twitter account is a sight to behold.

The Rosk
July 10th, 2017, 2:15 AM
This is like if Delph were to come back to the Villa. Snake cunt. I'd feel the exact same way that MMH does.

son_of_foley
July 10th, 2017, 3:15 AM

You're a wee bit of a robot about this mate.

son_of_foley
July 10th, 2017, 3:17 AM
I find it a little weird that they haven't announced Lukaku yet. I guess they are filming a vine with Paris Hilton to make it official

Romford Pele
July 10th, 2017, 3:24 AM
I can see why MMH is annoyed about Rooney. What is he going to do there really? He has been crap for years.

RuneEdge
July 10th, 2017, 4:17 AM
You're a wee bit of a robot about this mate.
Look, I get that things didn't work out in the ideal way. But here we are, talking about being upset with a departure that happened over a decade ago. And people get caught up in this fantasy that the players are just as big of a fan of their club as the die hards in the crowd. As if something like 200k a week isn't going to factor into their career decisions, or the attraction of playing for the biggest club in the country, playing alongside the top players in the top competitions. That's just silly. And to top it off, we're questioning the loyalty of a 18 year old. The kid wasn't even alive long enough to build that kind of strong bond that would turn down a big move. How much can you reasonably be upset about losing a player you yourself only had in your first team for about a year? And again, I'll point out that sure its not nice, but I'm only asking this because we're talking about still being upset with something that happened over a decade ago.

Maybe it's the thought that he's come back to the club that's brought these feelings back, I dunno. And I'd totally get that. But I was talking to MMH specifically about him leaving to United back then and he thinks he shouldn't have because he's supposed to be a fan.

Beefy
July 10th, 2017, 4:19 AM
You have to take any footballer's platitudes about the club that he supports with a massive pinch of salt. They come from a completely different perspective than a fan does. That said, Rooney has been fairly synonymous with Everton since breaking through there and is support for them would definitely be one of the more known player/club loyalties.

Football fans are also incredibly fickle. If he scores three goals by the end of August they'll love him. Many Manchester United didn't want to sign him (KMH said on here that he'd never cheer for Rooney) and that lasted 45 minutes into his debut.

MMH
July 10th, 2017, 4:41 AM
Look, I get that things didn't work out in the ideal way. But here we are, talking about being upset with a departure that happened over a decade ago. And people get caught up in this fantasy that the players are just as big of a fan of their club as the die hards in the crowd. As if something like 200k a week isn't going to factor into their career decisions, or the attraction of playing for the biggest club in the country, playing alongside the top players in the top competitions. That's just silly. And to top it off, we're questioning the loyalty of a 18 year old. The kid wasn't even alive long enough to build that kind of strong bond that would turn down a big move. How much can you reasonably be upset about losing a player you yourself only had in your first team for about a year? And again, I'll point out that sure its not nice, but I'm only asking this because we're talking about still being upset with something that happened over a decade ago.

Maybe it's the thought that he's come back to the club that's brought these feelings back, I dunno. And I'd totally get that. But I was talking to MMH specifically about him leaving to United back then and he thinks he shouldn't have because he's supposed to be a fan.

I give up. You have ignored everything I have said and tried to break it down into a black and white argument telling me stuff that I already know!

For the final time, there is no logic in these feelings. It doesnt matter if it made sense for him to move etc etc, fact is that a lot of our fans will not forgive him. The ins and outs of it do not matter. Its just a fact. Why are you trying to change that or make any sense of it? Its an emotion caused by football, thats all. Fans do not sit down and think about stuff, they just boo or whatever and its an important part of football to me because if you dont have that then you have nothing.

Beefy
July 10th, 2017, 4:47 AM
MMH is a bit of a weirdo. People need to remember that.

MMH
July 10th, 2017, 4:55 AM
Im the only one with any backbone!

A GRUDGE IS FOR LIFE!

RuneEdge
July 10th, 2017, 5:02 AM
I give up. You have ignored everything I have said and tried to break it down into a black and white argument telling me stuff that I already know!

For the final time, there is no logic in these feelings. It doesnt matter if it made sense for him to move etc etc, fact is that a lot of our fans will not forgive him. The ins and outs of it do not matter. Its just a fact. Why are you trying to change that or make any sense of it? Its an emotion caused by football, thats all. Fans do not sit down and think about stuff, they just boo or whatever and its an important part of football to me because if you dont have that then you have nothing.
:wtf:
I haven't ignored anything. I was responding to someone else's post.

Simon
July 10th, 2017, 5:12 AM
I have a lot of respect for MMH basically admitting that he's wrong but saying that he's sticking with his point of view anyway. It's the perfect debating technique because there's no way of arguing against it :D

Romford Pele
July 10th, 2017, 5:12 AM
I think most fans will in their heart of hearts know that 99% of players will move for one or both of 2 things:-

Winning top level trophies
Money

The only example I can even think of in the past where that did not happen is Le Tissier. Not Shearer (went to Blackburn for cash, and Newcastle were a top side when he went there), not Adams (won almost the lot), Maldini (won it all), Giggs (ditto). Hell even Gerrard won the CL.

What fans cannot stand is the bullshit, such as Rooney going on about coming home, my club etc. If he had just come out and said, "I went to United to win stuff, they dont want me now and I dont want to move house or take in salary so I came back here", people would respect him.

Also, Simon mentioned Sol Campbell a few pages back. Yes, it was a cunty thing to join Arsenal for free, but why did Spurs not try and sell him the year before elsewhere?

Simon
July 10th, 2017, 5:16 AM
Because he had said explicitly that he was going to sign a new contract. That would be a snide thing to do nowadays but back then that sort of thing didn't really happen, at least at the elite level, so I don't really blame the board for taking him at his word rather than trying to get shot of him.

MMH
July 10th, 2017, 5:18 AM
I haven't ignored anything. I was responding to someone else's post.

I know but you were talking about our conversation.

Stuff like saying . "How much can you reasonably be upset about losing a player you yourself only had in your first team for about a year? And again, I'll point out that sure its not nice, but I'm only asking this because we're talking about still being upset with something that happened over a decade ago." I already explained it that it is an emotive feeling with no logic applied to it.

MMH
July 10th, 2017, 5:20 AM
I have a lot of respect for MMH basically admitting that he's wrong but saying that he's sticking with his point of view anyway. It's the perfect debating technique because there's no way of arguing against it :D

Ha, Im not saying I am wrong! I am saying that hatred in football and hatred in real life are two totally separate things. So in a footballing sense I will always, always hate Wayne Rooney as in footballing terms he is an absolute rat. In real life he is probably really nice.

RuneEdge
July 10th, 2017, 5:22 AM
What fans cannot stand is the bullshit, such as Rooney going on about coming home, my club etc. If he had just come out and said, "I went to United to win stuff, they dont want me now and I dont want to move house or take in salary so I came back here", people would respect him.

But he's not going to say that, is he? I mean who does?
You see many top class players move to lesser teams at thr end of their career. Some move to countries kike Turkey and Qatar. Do any of them say these things?
Lukaku just said he's joining the best team in the world, a few years after claiming Chelsea were the best. Does anyone really take his comments seriously? Does anyone even give a shit?

MMH
July 10th, 2017, 5:22 AM
Because he had said explicitly that he was going to sign a new contract. That would be a snide thing to do nowadays but back then that sort of thing didn't really happen, at least at the elite level, so I don't really blame the board for taking him at his word rather than trying to get shot of him.

A gentleman's agreement where one side is not a gentleman.

Actually Sol Campbell is another one I hate in a none football way. Campbell and Aldridge, another 9 and I will have a solid starting 11.

MMH
July 10th, 2017, 5:23 AM
You see many top class players move to lesser teams at thr end of their career. Some move to countries kike Turkey and Qatar. Do any of them say these things?
Lukaku just said he's joining the best team in the world, a few years after claiming Chelsea were the best. Does anyone really take his comments seriously? Does anyone even give a shit?

Its slightly different when talking about the team they support I reckon.

Lukaku is an interesting point actually because he has never hid the fact that he was using us as a stepping stone.

son_of_foley
July 10th, 2017, 5:25 AM
I think most fans will in their heart of hearts know that 99% of players will move for one or both of 2 things:-

Winning top level trophies
Money

The only example I can even think of in the past where that did not happen is Le Tissier. Not Shearer (went to Blackburn for cash, and Newcastle were a top side when he went there), not Adams (won almost the lot), Maldini (won it all), Giggs (ditto). Hell even Gerrard won the CL.

Also, Simon mentioned Sol Campbell a few pages back. Yes, it was a cunty thing to join Arsenal for free, but why did Spurs not try and sell him the year before elsewhere?
Shearer is a newcastle fan not a southampton fan and would have won more at United.

Gerrard could have gone long before the chelsea stuff etc but didn't.

Think about how Arsenal feel about Fabregas. A player who left to rejoin his childhood club and then was bucked out and went to Chelsea as no offer was forthcoming from Arsenal. There are plenty of people who hate him. Hate him for having a barcelona shirt forced on him by Pique during that victory parade with Spain etc and he was going back to his childhood club.

If he had identified as an Arsenal fan could you have imagined the anger.

I mean everybody seems to accept West Ham fans hating Paul Ince or Lampard but this apparently confuses people.

RuneEdge
July 10th, 2017, 5:25 AM
I know but you were talking about our conversation.

Stuff like saying . "How much can you reasonably be upset about losing a player you yourself only had in your first team for about a year? And again, I'll point out that sure its not nice, but I'm only asking this because we're talking about still being upset with something that happened over a decade ago." I already explained it that it is an emotive feeling with no logic applied to it.

Right, and now I was making my point to someone else. I get where youre coming from. I dont agree with it but I get it. If I continue to make my point, especially to someone else, it doesnt mean I no longer see where you're coming from.

Romford Pele
July 10th, 2017, 5:26 AM

Then dont say anything. But this bollocks about coming home is just treating the fans like cunts.

Romford Pele
July 10th, 2017, 5:31 AM
Shearer is a newcastle fan not a southampton fan and would have won more at United.

Gerrard could have gone long before the chelsea stuff etc but didn't.

Think about how Arsenal feel about Fabregas. A player who left to rejoin his childhood club and then was bucked out and went to Chelsea as no offer was forthcoming from Arsenal. There are plenty of people who hate him. Hate him for having a barcelona shirt forced on him by Pique during that victory parade with Spain etc and he was going back to his childhood club.

If he had identified as an Arsenal fan could you have imagined the anger.

I mean everybody seems to accept West Ham fans hating Paul Ince or Lampard but this apparently confuses people.

Newcastle had finished 2nd in 96, and were well in contention to win trophies at that point. If this was today, no way does he choose Newcastle over Man U.

Gerrard won it all aside from the league.

I think most Arsenal fans dont mind Cesc actually.

RuneEdge
July 10th, 2017, 5:33 AM
Then dont say anything. But this bollocks about coming home is just treating the fans like cunts.

So the next time a player signs a contract and someone sticks a mic in their face asking how they feel about the move, they supposed to say "errr...it's probably for the best that I didn't say anything."?
The only thing we as fans can do is not take it seriously. Paul Pogba's come back and said stuff about how he's "come back home" and "it felt like he was only away on holiday", etc. Our fans aren't buying it. We know at the end of the day he worked out a big fat juicy contract for himself with the help of his super agent.

son_of_foley
July 10th, 2017, 5:38 AM
Newcastle had finished 2nd in 96, and were well in contention to win trophies at that point. If this was today, no way does he choose Newcastle over Man U.

Gerrard won it all aside from the league.

I think most Arsenal fans dont mind Cesc actually.
A lot don't like him though and didn't when he moved to Barca. If they had been in the same league playing against you all the time the feelings may have changed.

He does get stick as well.

It's weird you keep saying Gerrard won it all...I know he did but he could have done that elsewhere too. You seem to be assuming that Rooney wouldn't have won anything at Everton. He's now saying that winning something there would be the pinnacle for him. Ok mate if that's your pinnacle why did you fucking leave in the first place? it's this narrative that's blue through and through and that it pained him to leave. It's not true. He wanted out. He wanted to play for United fair enough but stop pissing on their heads and telling them it's raining.

Simon
July 10th, 2017, 5:48 AM
I don't think Fabregas did anything wrong in wanting to leave Arsenal for Barca. Maybe a little out of order in choosing Chelsea when he came back. But he is a massive cunt in general, the classic coward who snides his way into aggro then tries to get the opposition player sent off.

Romford Pele
July 10th, 2017, 5:54 AM
Fabregas plays for Chelsea so he will get stick from us, but having been to a couple of those games since he went to Chelsea, he got polite applause aside from a smattering of boos.

If you seeing the idiots on Arsenal fan tv and internet warriors burning shirts, well that doesnt give the overall picture.

Romford Pele
July 10th, 2017, 5:56 AM
I don't think Fabregas did anything wrong in wanting to leave Arsenal for Barca. Maybe a little out of order in choosing Chelsea when he came back. But he is a massive cunt in general, the classic coward who snides his way into aggro then tries to get the opposition player sent off.

In fairness to him, we didnt go in for him and his wife wanted to go back to London, what other option did he have? Your lot would have been even worse.

Most Arsenal fans understood him leaving for Barca, as they will when Bellerin goes there (just hope it isnt this year!)

Andy
July 10th, 2017, 12:47 PM
Yeah it's not like we were in for Fabregas and he chose Chelsea. I think if we went for him he would've come back which we should've done.

Romford Pele
July 10th, 2017, 1:05 PM
I believe the thinking at the time was that we had Cazorla and Ozil and didnt need him

RuneEdge
July 10th, 2017, 1:20 PM
Wenger flat out said, he only didn't sign him because he felt he had enough midfielders.

Simon
July 10th, 2017, 1:38 PM
Which is true as long as you're doing a general body count rather than taking into account whether or not they can actually make it onto a pitch. I wish Fabregas had resigned for Arsenal, would love to see that cunt''s career ended by medical negligence.

Romford Pele
July 10th, 2017, 2:19 PM
Haha you really dont like him do you?

Lukaku deal officially done. Jose just cant resist a dig can he?

RuneEdge
July 10th, 2017, 3:05 PM
http://ukbuzz.wordpress.eurosport.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/11/2017/05/Mourinho-no-words.gif

Simon
July 10th, 2017, 3:17 PM
Haha you really dont like him do you?

He is the worst of all worlds for me - a snide coward who puts in dirty tackles but gets upset when people do it to him, and on top of that he''s played for Arsenal and Chelsea. In my defence I would hate him even without the rivalries - I've gone on before about how much I hate Jordi Gomez who is the exact same, a sneaky, dirty player who manages to steer clear of that reputation because he''s exotic and skilful.

Romford Pele
July 10th, 2017, 3:34 PM
Sergio Ramos is worse than both of them.

MMH
July 10th, 2017, 4:31 PM
Marcelo for me.

Uber snide.

_me
July 10th, 2017, 4:42 PM
I always enjoy reading about people's irrational hatred of people/things. I am totally the same so it is nice to see other people get caught up like that. Irrational might not be the right word but where something just gets under your skin and you can't let it go even years later.

RFF Champ
July 11th, 2017, 3:04 AM
He is the worst of all worlds for me - a snide coward who puts in dirty tackles but gets upset when people do it to him, and on top of that he''s played for Arsenal and Chelsea. In my defence I would hate him even without the rivalries - I've gone on before about how much I hate Jordi Gomez who is the exact same, a sneaky, dirty player who manages to steer clear of that reputation because he''s exotic and skilful.

All I can relate to Gomez is the amount of beatings he's taken for being so snide

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/i0hjKKoQ4PAlP.gif

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BelatedDirectBackswimmer-size_restricted.gif

Simon
July 11th, 2017, 4:15 AM
I remember that Zamora one was live on Sky, I was so fucking happy.

Andy
July 11th, 2017, 3:05 PM
I'm sure that Henry one was too. One of the most ridiculous tackles I've ever seen.

Murphy
July 12th, 2017, 5:17 AM
Dier to United rumours appear to be gathering pace.

Simon
July 13th, 2017, 5:16 AM
We've priced United out of any move for Dier apparently, 50m. Walker to City likely to happen for around 45m, possible replacement is Ricardo Pereira from Porto...never heard of him until 10 minutes ago, 20m+. Also likely to spend 10m-ish on an Argentine defender called Juan Foyth, again never heard of him. Everything else is pretty quiet at the moment, looks like we are keeping faith with Janssen for now.

Simon
July 13th, 2017, 7:41 AM
Sigurdsson to Everton looking likely, 45m. Looks like those fluff articles you see on F365 asking how well a team made up of the best players outside the top six would do might actually be investigated next season, Everton are doing a fantastic job of hoovering up the cream of the mid-table and below with Pickford and Keane already signed and Sigurdsson and Benteke both looking likely.

MMH
July 13th, 2017, 7:52 AM
I dont know if we will go for Benteke purely because Koeman prefers a workhorse big man up front who puts himself about.

son_of_foley
July 13th, 2017, 8:29 AM
Surely they need to be involved in CL qualification now. Obviously they would be joining 5 others so you couldnt guarantee if but with the investment surely the expectations rise

Simon
July 13th, 2017, 8:47 AM
I'd say spending that money only elevates them to around the chasing pack of Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool...the other three have just as much spending power as Everton plus a much stronger starting base, so there's no reason to think Everton are well-placed to do any better. Crazy to think that there should be seven teams competing for the CL next season though - given how much it helped Leicester and Chelsea in the past two seasons, you could easily now end up with a very good team finishing seventh one year and then being much better placed to do well the next season with no European football getting in the way.

Simon
July 13th, 2017, 10:58 AM
Walker to City likely to happen for around 45m

Make that 50m rising to 53m :eek: if you'd have told me three years ago that Kyle Walker would be the most expensive defender of all time I'd have spat directly into your arsehole.

son_of_foley
July 13th, 2017, 11:40 AM
I know it's a bit cliche to say it but the money is going fucking mad.

Makes Will Hughes look even more of a bargain for Watford in my eyes.

RuneEdge
July 13th, 2017, 12:01 PM
Imagine there being a top 7, and Leicester, the champions from two years ago not being a part of it. That's the level of competition we could be looking forward to. :yes:

Simon
July 13th, 2017, 12:07 PM
Imagine there being a top 7, and Leicester, the champions from two years ago not being a part of it. That's the level of competition we could be looking forward to. :yes:

And yet there will still be no team getting beyond the quarters of the CL :D

RuneEdge
July 13th, 2017, 12:16 PM
And the semis will be three Spanish teams and a German team.

The Rosk
July 13th, 2017, 12:26 PM
I dont know if we will go for Benteke purely because Koeman prefers a workhorse big man up front who puts himself about.

Benteke is great. Seriously I still believe in him being a real asset for someone.

RuneEdge
July 13th, 2017, 12:37 PM
His goal tally at Palace suggests he hasn't really done any worse than his days at Villa. Yet people look at him as a player who's apparently declined.

MMH
July 13th, 2017, 12:41 PM
Benteke is great. Seriously I still believe in him being a real asset for someone.

Yeah I am a fan myself but Koeman likes his hard working strikers.

Simon
July 13th, 2017, 1:47 PM
His goal tally at Palace suggests he hasn't really done any worse than his days at Villa. Yet people look at him as a player who's apparently declined.

That happens whenever a player is deemed to have flopped at a big club, even if it's not their fault as in his case. Carroll had the same treatment.

Peter Griffin
July 14th, 2017, 8:04 AM
Gerard Deulofeu officially back at Barca, I know Spanish clubs do this buy back thing a lot, But in this case I can't exactly see him getting first team football and is anyone going to buy him for more than they have paid to bring him back? What's the end game here?

BBF
July 14th, 2017, 8:17 AM
he'll be at ac milan by january

Beefy
July 14th, 2017, 8:17 AM
They can probably sell him back somewhere in England for twice what they've just paid for him. It's an artificially low price

Peter Griffin
July 14th, 2017, 2:11 PM
The Hudd :panic:

RuneEdge
July 19th, 2017, 8:28 AM
Here's a question I hope someone here could answer and clear up. I tried google and I'm not sure I'm understanding it correctly.
Would someone who's played in either the CL or Europa be cup tied for the other competition? I read some examples where players couldn't play in both after a winter transfer, but then read that it could be because the previous team finished 3rd in the CL group and then dropped into the Europa (meaning both clubs were at one point in the same competition). I'm also reading something about UEFA making an exception for clubs but only for a maximum of one player registration, with Madrid having an example in '09 where they signed two cup-tied players (Diarra and Huntelaar), and had to choose one to be registered to play for the new team.

Reason I'm asking is regarding Alexis Sanchez. Apparently Arsenal's stance on Sanchez is that they'd rather hold onto him for a year and let him leave for free next summer, than sell him for 50m. The Guardian says something about how using Sanchez to secure CL football would be more valuable in the long run than the transfer fee they'd expect to receive. But then it got me thinking about the likelihood of them being more open to a transfer in January. If we reach the halfway point of the season and Wenger doesn't feel keeping Sanchez has been worthwhile, it would make sense to try and flog him. But if he's already played for Arsenal in the Europa League, can any CL team buy him in January and register him for the competition?

son_of_foley
July 19th, 2017, 8:42 AM
Here's a question I hope someone here could answer and clear up. I tried google and I'm not sure I'm understanding it correctly.
Would someone who's played in either the CL or Europa be cup tied for the other competition? I read some examples where players couldn't play in both after a winter transfer, but then read that it could be because the previous team finished 3rd in the CL group and then dropped into the Europa (meaning both clubs were at one point in the same competition). I'm also reading something about UEFA making an exception for clubs but only for a maximum of one player registration, with Madrid having an example in '09 where they signed two cup-tied players (Diarra and Huntelaar), and had to choose one to be registered to play for the new team.

Reason I'm asking is regarding Alexis Sanchez. Apparently Arsenal's stance on Sanchez is that they'd rather hold onto him for a year and let him leave for free next summer, than sell him for 50m. The Guardian says something about how using Sanchez to secure CL football would be more valuable in the long run than the transfer fee they'd expect to receive. But then it got me thinking about the likelihood of them being more open to a transfer in January. If we reach the halfway point of the season and Wenger doesn't feel keeping Sanchez has been worthwhile, it would make sense to try and flog him. But if he's already played for Arsenal in the Europa League, can any CL team buy him in January and register him for the competition?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cup-tied#cite_note-uefa-1
Indicates at the bottom that yes they could

UEFA's own site seems to back that up http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=2277105.html although to clarify you can only register 1 player. Apparently real madrid had a situation on signing Huntelaar and Lasana Diarra and only were able to register one http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/european/4178233/Real-Madrid-thwarted-by-Uefa-over-Klaas-Jan-Huntelaar-and-Lassana-Diarra.html

RuneEdge
July 19th, 2017, 2:49 PM
In that case the Sanchez transfer saga could potentially go on for quite some time.

And also in other news, Chelsea have signed Morata.

Simon
July 20th, 2017, 6:02 AM
City apparently spending 26m on Danilo from Madrid. How bad must Walker have been in training over the past five days :D

son_of_foley
July 20th, 2017, 7:35 AM
Spurs really taking this 'new arsenal' thing to heart in signing no outfield players and selling their fullbacks to rivals

RuneEdge
July 20th, 2017, 9:52 AM
City apparently spending 26m on Danilo from Madrid. How bad must Walker have been in training over the past five days :D

The rumours about Danilo I think started around the time when they were still linked with Walker. I was under the impression it's one or the other. Can't see why they'd sign both when there's other areas in their squad they need to strengthen.

Simon
July 20th, 2017, 10:17 AM
Well there are real questions over whether Walker can play twice a week (this was part of the unravelling of his time at Spurs, as Poch started leaving him out for games whenever we had to play midweek) so it makes sense in that regard. I just don't know why you'd A) spend a fortune on both, and B) spend 50m on a player who can't play every week in the first place.

FWIW I suspect Walker might be found out at City - Pochettino has a track record of making full backs look great when they didn't look that good before him, after him, or both. Not only Rose and Walker, who were both pretty ropey before he joined Spurs, but Clyne and Shaw at Southampton too, neither of them look close to how good they looked at Southampton. I don't remember Trippier looking that good at Burnley either, although I didn't see as much of him and obviously the players we was playing alongside weren't as good. I don't particularly hope Walker flops as he was a great servant for Spurs and seemed like a good lad, but I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't look half as good as he did in Poch's system.

son_of_foley
July 20th, 2017, 10:22 AM
Trippier was amazing at Burnley and I think Clyne has been great again this year. I think his tactics help as they are a focal part Southampton were a bit of a mess this year tbh

RuneEdge
July 20th, 2017, 10:46 AM
City have had a 44m bid for Benjamin Mendy rejected. Sky are claiming Monaco told them he should be worth more if Walker was bought for 50m.

This is basically how transfer windows are going to go now. If English teams are going to be continue to throw stupid money at each other for players like with Walker and Pickford, the rest of the world are going to want a piece of the TV deal money for their transfers.
Its sort of what Mourinho was saying at a press conference yesterday I think. Other European teams don't really need money like they used to, so they don't have to sell their top players any more. If you want their attention, you're going to have to offer 50m+, which they know we have now.

Simon
July 20th, 2017, 11:08 AM
Mendy is absolute class from what I've seen. It's so irritating seeing quality teams get asset-stripped like that. Monaco were sensational last season, and now half the players that made up that side are either gone (Silva, Bakayoko) or going (Mendy, possibly Lemar and Fabinho too). That's before you even consider Mbappe who has only been playing for six months and is basically just biding time before he goes. It's so depressing that teams like Monaco, Dortmund, even Atletico (and sadly Tottenham) can only realistically hope to be a successful feeder club at best - the best case scenario is that you continually scout the right players/coach your youngsters well, and can compete at the highest level while still knowing you'll lose your best players when the top sides come. And that's the best case, like Dortmund and Atletico...the worst case scenario is that you simply get stripped every time you do notably well, spaff the money away on fucking Paulinho and Chiriches and take a step back for every step forward. I know this is not new information and it's unrealistic to think it will change, it just strikes me as absolute ballbags that that Monaco side were kept together for one successful year before the vultures circled.

RuneEdge
July 22nd, 2017, 8:22 AM
Saw this on twitter.

http://i.imgur.com/9qjwMEm.png

Madness.

Peter Griffin
July 23rd, 2017, 10:44 AM
https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/889087220963037184

Neymar.

:scared:

RuneEdge
July 24th, 2017, 9:41 AM
http://i.imgur.com/mTJCuNI.png

Should've just bought Neymar.

son_of_foley
July 24th, 2017, 9:44 AM
Have they finally overtaken United? Pretty sure I read last week that since Ferguson left United had spent the most of all the teams in the league

RuneEdge
July 24th, 2017, 9:59 AM
I'm sure City have spent more.

son_of_foley
July 24th, 2017, 10:09 AM
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/man-united-now-spent-587m-10767452
So if the add-ons happened for Lukaku could be 600m. Not sure if the recent City purchases would have pushed them above this

RuneEdge
July 24th, 2017, 10:32 AM
Yeah, we've spent loads in the last few years. More than the next team by quite a margin. But City have still spent over 100m more than us since Fergie left.

Romford Pele
July 24th, 2017, 10:33 AM
Whatever happened to FFP?

RuneEdge
July 24th, 2017, 10:43 AM
Clubs are finding ways to get around it. The owners of teams like Man City and PSG use their own companies to "sponsor" the club. Apparently FIFA/UEFA are supposed to be working on making tighter restrictions but as of now, its easy for rich owners to get away with it.

son_of_foley
July 24th, 2017, 10:48 AM
Yeah, we've spent loads in the last few years. More than the next team by quite a margin. But City have still spent over 100m more than us since Fergie left.
Wow so it's only been this summer then?

son_of_foley
July 24th, 2017, 10:50 AM
Whatever happened to FFP?

City has restrictions on who could be registered in the CL. That's about it. I'm not sure anyone has come up with a workable way around it. Fine them and redistribute the money? Cool we'll just inflate fees/wages even more.

There could be a hard limit to the number of senior players that can be registered toa club including those out on loan. That would probably do more for leveling the playing field more than most.

Simon
July 24th, 2017, 10:55 AM
Bit mad that we still haven't signed anyone. Dunno if anyone saw the game against PSG the other night (staying up til 3am to watch a pre-season friendly is a new low :D) but despite the win, the youngsters we had out were pretty poor - Carter-Vickers in particular but my boy Kyle Walker-Peters had a tough time as well. Obviously it's only one game and I still think KWP is going to be class, although I've yet to see anything that suggests CCV is as good as his reputation suggests, but it's a bit of a worry when it seems as though we will be leaning heavily on the youngsters this season.

That said Onomah did well in his preferred centre mid role, it was good to see Winks back and the established first-teamers were all bang at it; Dembele looked sharper than I've seen him in ages, looks like he is finally clear of the hip problem that was troubling him last year. PSG were dog shit though.

Romford Pele
July 24th, 2017, 11:13 AM
Edit double post

Peter Griffin
July 24th, 2017, 11:16 AM
Brilliant Avatar Rom.

RuneEdge
July 24th, 2017, 12:37 PM
Wow so it's only been this summer then?
City had been spending big for a few years before Fergie retired, during which time we only went into the market for a few positions here and there. If you're strictly talking about the time since Fergie left then yeah, City have only just overtaken us. If you go back and add in another few years prior to that, it looks even worse from City's perspective.
Its a crazy amount from both clubs but IMO it's not surprising since they've had a few managers come and go in that time who all naturally would've wanted to restructure the team into their own vision of how it should play. Which in some ways probably explains why Wenger doesn't feel the same need to go and buy 5-6 new players every year like his rivals do. I think the idea for any manager would be to come in and initially spend whatever it takes to create the foundation that lasts for years to come, and hopefully not have to spend so much later. The problem is these managers don't last long enough to see this plan out.

Beefy
July 26th, 2017, 10:22 AM
Ross Barkley "wants another challenge" according to Ronald Koeman. Aren't you supposed to have conquered your existing challenge before moving onto a new one?

Murphy
July 26th, 2017, 10:25 AM
He's going to end up at Spurs, isn't he?

Simon
July 26th, 2017, 10:26 AM
Suspect he will end up at us. Not overwhelmed at the thought tbh, although as I mentioned a few days ago Pochettino has a history of getting the best out of players who have historically proved too thick to reach their potential.

Beefy
July 26th, 2017, 10:26 AM
Where does he fit in at Spurs without elbowing Deli Alli out of the way?

son_of_foley
July 26th, 2017, 10:29 AM
Coutinho move is a weird one if it happens.

Hard to see Liverpool turning down 100m but then what's next. Aubameyang and then drop Firminho into the 3 with Lallana and Salah?

The Liverpool squad feels weird with Ings and others there.

Murphy
July 26th, 2017, 10:32 AM
I don't know where he fits at Spurs either.

I have no problem with Barkley being signed exactly, but he's hardly a player in a position we need and he'll likely be the highest earner at the club, which is crazy. For someone that's not exactly needed, that doesn't see wise.

It'd almost be a panic buy really, as we've signed nobody else.

Chris Scott
July 26th, 2017, 11:16 AM
Coutinho move is a weird one if it happens.

Hard to see Liverpool turning down 100m but then what's next. Aubameyang and then drop Firminho into the 3 with Lallana and Salah?

The Liverpool squad feels weird with Ings and others there.

I bloody hope so. Already got my ahead around he's going instead of getting hurt like Torres and Owen.

son_of_foley
July 31st, 2017, 8:50 AM
I had wonderred if Veratti might go to Barca this summer as part of this Neymar deal. Him and Dyballa in for Neymar doesn't sound like bad business tbh.

Also brings down PSG's expense by 80/90m euro.

Peter Griffin
July 31st, 2017, 11:08 AM
Matic has joined United.

RuneEdge
July 31st, 2017, 11:11 AM
Veratti and Dybala might cushion the blow but neither of them addresses the problem of Neymar's departure. Barca sold Alexis Sanchez and Pedro over the last few years to could accommodate Neymar. Also Messi's now 30 years old and needs a successor.
The ideal replacement could've been Mbappe but he's a renowned Real Madrid/Ronaldo fan, so I can't see that happening. I see Coutinho being linked all the time but he'd be more of a replacement for Iniesta if anything (with Veratti being the perfect "Xavi").
But as for that big star player who you build your team around, there was no one better on the planet than Neymar. No other player comes close.

Having said that, I'm not saying Barca should keep Neymar, because it seems clear that he's trying to force his way out at this stage. There's probably not much you can do now besides put in some sort of buy back clause in the deal for when Neymar realises you don't play in Ligue 1 when you're trying to be recognised as the best in the world.

RuneEdge
July 31st, 2017, 11:19 AM
Matic has joined United.

Really happy with this. :yes:

Matic opens up a load of viable midfield combinations that we couldn't try before. We could do Matic/Herrera with Pogba in front, Matic/Pogba with Mkhi, Matic/Carrick with Pogba, etc depending on the opposition. Basically the kind of player that allows the others the freedom to be themselves. Can't remember the last time we had someone like that.
Will be interesting to see how Kante plays without him by his side.

Simon
July 31st, 2017, 11:24 AM
Veratti and Dybala might cushion the blow but neither of them addresses the problem of Neymar's departure. Barca sold Alexis Sanchez and Pedro over the last few years to could accommodate Neymar. Also Messi's now 30 years old and needs a successor.
The ideal replacement could've been Mbappe but he's a renowned Real Madrid/Ronaldo fan, so I can't see that happening. I see Coutinho being linked all the time but he'd be more of a replacement for Iniesta if anything (with Veratti being the perfect "Xavi").
But as for that big star player who you build your team around, there was no one better on the planet than Neymar. No other player comes close.

Having said that, I'm not saying Barca should keep Neymar, because it seems clear that he's trying to force his way out at this stage. There's probably not much you can do now besides put in some sort of buy back clause in the deal for when Neymar realises you don't play in Ligue 1 when you're trying to be recognised as the best in the world.

There's no one that can cushion the blow of losing Neymar. There are only three forwards of a similar standard in the world - two are already at Barca, and the other is at Madrid. If you take away the marketing aspect, which sadly is a huge part of it, and Barca's best bet IMO would be to bung half the money on a good replacement. Dybala would be one obvious choice, I don't think Coutinho fits into the Barca side as a forward (he'd be better as a long-term replacement for Iniesta) but alternatively Hazard, Griezemann or Reus. Then they would still have a lot of money to play with to strengthen the rest of the squad, which doesn't quite look to be the same level as previous Barca sides.

TBH I reckon Neymar will still end up staying.

son_of_foley
July 31st, 2017, 11:24 AM
Barcelona though need action now. The team is falling behind Madrid a lot and they don't seem to be able to bring the players through they previously had.

I think they need to overhaul things a bit. I love Neymar, more than most, but I think they can in the short term replace him quite well. It is medium to longer term they need to sort out but replacing Messi will be harder if the team erodes further. Mbappe came from nowhere there's nothing to say that there isn't someone else to come in to be heir apparent in 2/3 years. Messi has, to me, another 5/6 years. Yes he will drop off but he's too good and too smart to not still be effective then even if it's for less games.

It might even be Jonas. (joking)

RuneEdge
July 31st, 2017, 11:43 AM
TBH I reckon Neymar will still end up staying.
I think he's going for sure. And I think he's known that he's leaving for quite some time.
The rumours started when Barca lost to Juve in the Champion's League and Neymar was seen crying, apparently because he knew it might have been his last CL game for Barca. Then in the last couple of weeks there's been like a half a dozen stories about him saying goodbye to teammates, staff, etc. And a couple of days ago after the El Clasico friendly in Miami, he was seen leaving with a couple of Real Madrid shirts taken from his opponent after the game. There's a real feeling that this transfer is actually going to happen.

son_of_foley
July 31st, 2017, 11:47 AM
The weird bit for me is all this talk about PSG throwing Barca a player as well. So it sounds like it's not an active release clause?

As a random aside didn't PSG threaten to do this with Messi if Barca didn't fuck off with their pursuit of Thiago Silva recently? Funny the Veratti stuff may have helped drive this a little

Beefy
July 31st, 2017, 11:51 AM
It is an 'active' release clause but I think they'd prefer not to have to pay €220m for him so are now trying to do some sort of part exchange. Which Barca are not happy about because they've very little leverage.

son_of_foley
July 31st, 2017, 12:01 PM
I read a few saying 220m plus a player and I thought that's odd.

Makes more sense this way and if they get 30m for Aurier like is reporting today it suddenly doesn't seem beyond belief they could make this work.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11820/8830359/paris-st-germain-warn-barcelona-of-lionel-messi-bid-if-they-keep-pursuing-thiago-silva was the thing about messi release clause

son_of_foley
July 31st, 2017, 12:06 PM
I find it weird that Arsenal aren't in for Mahrez at 33m or whatever. Player they've been linked with and probably more likely than Lemar to be available. You would think it makes sense.

RuneEdge
July 31st, 2017, 12:08 PM
I think PSG want to bring in Alexis Sanchez as well as Neymar. Due to FFP, they'd probably want to lower the cost of Neymar. We know Wenger ain't going to budge on Sanchez, seeing how he's happy to let him see out his contract and leave on a free.
So the Neymar deal is the only one of the two they could negotiate, especially since it's Neymar's camp that's instigated the transfer. Or more specifically its Neymar's agent, who happens to be his dad. The same guy who pocketed a large chunk of Neymar's transfer fee from Santos (something like 2/3 of it).

son_of_foley
July 31st, 2017, 12:11 PM
I think Wenger will budge if he gets wind that Sanchez will go to City come next summer. Makes more sense to sell abroad than strengthen rivals again for free. Surely RVP must have taught him something

RuneEdge
July 31st, 2017, 12:12 PM
I find it weird that Arsenal aren't in for Mahrez at 33m or whatever. Player they've been linked with and probably more likely than Lemar to be available. You would think it makes sense.
I think this is why.
http://i.imgur.com/JsuEACh.jpg

RuneEdge
July 31st, 2017, 12:19 PM
I think Wenger will budge if he gets wind that Sanchez will go to City come next summer. Makes more sense to sell abroad than strengthen rivals again for free. Surely RVP must have taught him something

One of the papers (I think the Telegraph) said something about how Wenger values Sanchez' contribution for the coming season and the importance of regaining CL football, more than the transfer fee that clubs are willing to pay for him right now. He's open to a transfer if a big enough offer comes in, but so far Bayern Munich have been turned off by this price tag and I think City are just waiting for Wenger to give in, since they are under the belief that Sanchez has made his mind up about wanting to join them.

Beefy
July 31st, 2017, 12:37 PM
Is FFP even a thing? I thought it had been neutered?

RuneEdge
July 31st, 2017, 1:05 PM
Is FFP even a thing? I thought it had been neutered?
It's still a thing. But the whole idea is to only allow clubs to spend what they could earn, so if you inject money through sponsors that you also own, its easy to get around it. UEFA do investigate individual cases for "fraud" so I guess the smaller transfers can easily slip under the radar, where as explaining something like 200m for Neymar would be harder to do unless PSG can offset some of that with a player going the other way.
We already know Neymar's dad is going to get a a big fat juicy fee for his work, but I imagine PSG's owners could probably pay him that without it going in the club's books.

Andy
July 31st, 2017, 2:19 PM
Seems like Mahrez is second choice if we can't get Lemar. Think either would be an upgrade on Walcott but obviously not on Sanchez. How realistic is it we replace him if he goes though? I guess that's why Wenger is gambling on losing him for free next year but being in a better position to replace him (by being back in the CL).

son_of_foley
July 31st, 2017, 2:30 PM
Well just go sign Max Meyer now then

Murphy
August 2nd, 2017, 5:08 AM
Looks like Neymar is off then.

What a strange situation.

RuneEdge
August 2nd, 2017, 10:09 AM
I reckon he'll leave PSG within 3 years. And I bet he moves to Real Madrid.

son_of_foley
August 2nd, 2017, 10:58 AM
I would think Milan next or something of that ilk. Depends how desperate United still are in 3 years :D

RuneEdge
August 2nd, 2017, 11:59 AM
We're desperate for injury prone Gareth Bale right now. Of course we'll still be after Neymar in 3 years time. :yes:

I don't think Neymar would go to Milan. He's actually a Real Madrid fan, and gets on well with their players. He actually went out of his way to say goodbye to the Real Madrid players before his own Barca team mates, once he knew he was leaving.

Simon
August 3rd, 2017, 9:12 AM
La Liga have fucked off Neymar's request to buy out his contract :lol:

RuneEdge
August 3rd, 2017, 3:36 PM
The buyout has been activated. Neymar's officially no longer a Barca player.

RuneEdge
August 3rd, 2017, 3:51 PM
And now he's officially a PSG player.

thetony
August 4th, 2017, 9:40 AM
Onomah loaned out to Villa. With our lack of depth and signings this is a question mark. Especially with how well he proved at the U-20s. Winks must be pretty high in Poch's plans.

Murphy
August 4th, 2017, 9:48 AM
Yeah, that does surprise me. Good for Villa though.

Simon
August 4th, 2017, 9:51 AM
Not that surprised in terms of his placement in the squad - he would have been fifth choice in his preferred centre mid spot. I'm more surprised that he's gone on loan rather than staying with the squad and playing for the u23s, Poch hasn't tended to loan out any players he rates, preferring to work with them personally in training. Onomah does need proper competitive football in that position though so I think it makes sense. Hopefully the Villa fans will keep us up to date on how he does.

Simon
August 4th, 2017, 9:58 AM
Anyway at least it looks like we're finally making the big signing we've been crying out for, filling a gaping hole in the side and probably providing the impetus to win the league this year.

Paolo Gazzaniga in as third choice keeper

thetony
August 4th, 2017, 10:06 AM
Aside from Paulo Gazza who do you expect our first signing to be? Was looking at reports of two attacking players from Genoa (one of them the son of Diego Simeone). I'm getting Sissoko-levels of desperation here.

Murphy
August 4th, 2017, 10:30 AM
Onomah has signed a contract extension too.

Simon
August 4th, 2017, 11:07 AM
Aside from Paulo Gazza who do you expect our first signing to be? Was looking at reports of two attacking players from Genoa (one of them the son of Diego Simeone). I'm getting Sissoko-levels of desperation here.

I don't think there is even any real assumption that we will definitely sign anyone in particular. Not that we won't sign anyone, just none of the names that have come up have been particularly strongly linked. Barkley is probably the closest we have to a link that looks like it will end in a deal. Other players we've been linked with include Simeone, Foyth, Sancho, Sirgurdsson and Mahrez but none of them have ever mentioned more than an interest.

thetony
August 4th, 2017, 11:21 AM
German youngster Toljan has been linked as a possible signing. Not sold on Trips/KWP getting it done. I'd prefer Pereira though.

Clive Plasma
August 9th, 2017, 5:50 AM
https://www.imageupload.co.uk/images/2017/08/09/transfer.png

UK Blue
August 9th, 2017, 6:02 AM
Throw in the Mail and the Telegraph and you compete the set of the shittest newspapers out there.

Murphy
August 9th, 2017, 6:12 AM
Reading the BBC 'Gossip' section is quite painful. I still skim over it though. Meh.

thegoat
August 9th, 2017, 11:41 AM
Maybe the Guardian version where they make it clear it's a piss take would be more up your street?

RuneEdge
August 9th, 2017, 5:31 PM

Papers like The Sun, Mail, Express, etc, all use click baits. They don't have a clue what's going on. Even that Guillem Balague talks a load of nonsense.

Unless there's a direct quote from someone confirming something, it's not worth reading.

Simon
August 10th, 2017, 4:18 AM
Even that Guillem Balague talks a load of nonsense.

EVEN Guillem Balague? Balague is the fucking crown prince of bullshit, he was using clickbait tactics before that word had even been invented.

RuneEdge
August 10th, 2017, 7:47 AM
I believed him. Dude had a show on Sky Sports and everything. :dunno:

Peter Griffin
August 10th, 2017, 7:50 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DG0vCB_VoAIdefW.jpg

'Up North' eh? :chin:

Mik
August 10th, 2017, 7:59 AM
Of all the people at Spurs surely Danny Rose shouldn't be making that comment, but I suppose it's nicer than hearing someone say they want to win things, better than saying that they want more money. Of course he has already played up north at the mighty Sunderland.

Simon
August 10th, 2017, 8:06 AM
That sort of thing would worry me if it came from anyone else, but Danny Rose has always been fairly honest and open in interviews, he seems a proper Yorkshireman who doesn't like to bullshit and offer pointless platitudes.

He's just caling it how he sees it, as he's always done - I don't for a second think this is him pushing his way out the door (whereas with anyone else it would almost certainly mean just that), although that doesn't mean he will definitely stay. He's said this sort of thing plenty of times before while also saying that he's very happy at the club, so I'm not worried at all. And really there's nothing in that quote that's unreasonable - any top-end player who is reaching his late-20s and hasn't won anything would have that on his mind, and there are inferior players in his position earning two or three times what he does, so he's spot on about the wages too (not included in the quote above, but in the same interview he said he knows what he's worth and expects to be paid it).

Murphy
August 10th, 2017, 8:11 AM
Yeah, he's an honest lad. He said on Sky Sports last year that the best season he ever had was up at Sunderland.

Mik
August 10th, 2017, 10:12 AM
As anyone's would be.

Spedizzo
August 10th, 2017, 10:18 AM

why does Europe have the most shit and contradictory sports coverage I have ever seen? Barcelona must have agreed and unagreed about 25 times in the last week

just like how in every transfer window, every major international star is rumored to go to Man U. Messi, Ronaldo, Griezman, etc etc :rolleyes:

son_of_foley
August 10th, 2017, 10:49 AM
Doesn't that happen on a 24/7 loop on sports media in the states? I swear last time I was over (2 months ago) they were talking about Lebron leaving and going pretty much EVERYWHERE.

RuneEdge
August 10th, 2017, 10:50 AM
Looks like Dembele's about to join Barca. He hasn't shown up for training today and BVB have rejected the first bid. Apparently the player is confident a deal will be made, and has already made plans to move to Spain.

Simon
August 10th, 2017, 10:59 AM
Oh that reminds me re. Rose - he's literally just bought a new house in the area in the past month. I know this isn't the same enormous deal it would be for the average person on an average wage, but neither does it speak of a man who has decided he wants to leave.

Spedizzo - not sure what it's like with Yank sports (I think you're American right?) but the transfer market in football is an industry in itself, stories about players moving clubs are what people want to read and they sell advertising space, so the papers have to make shit up to meet the demand.

Andy
August 10th, 2017, 11:19 AM
Can Spurs afford to smash their wage structure before they move stadium or even within the next few years? Otherwise all your good players will leave like they did at Arsenal.

_me
August 10th, 2017, 11:29 AM
Can Spurs afford to smash their wage structure before they move stadium or even within the next few years? Otherwise all your good players will leave like they did at Arsenal.
I feel like it is destined to happen next summer. Kane for 200M. Dele for 150M. Erickson for 75M. Toby for 75. Dier for 50.

Simon
August 10th, 2017, 11:45 AM

I suspect the fact we signed a load of players to new contracts in the six months or so before the new TV deal was no coincidence. But it strikes me as quite a cynical thing to do to players you presumably hope to keep happy, and I don't think it will work anyway - if you agree a 50k a week deal for Alli six weeks before a new TV deal that puts players of his quality on twice or three times that wage, saying "yeah well you just signed a new contract so we won't discuss a new one" isn't going to hold much water, certainly not for long.

I think what Levy is doing is for the good of the club - he's trying to keep us financially stable while the stadium move happens around us, and I suspect he probably has one eye on the transfer market crashing (as it surely will in the next few years...?) in which case teams with manageable wages should be in a much better position - but in the short-term it's incredibly frustrating. There isn't a single player in our first team who is earning what comparable PL players earn, and in many cases they are earning significantly less. And that isn't viable long-term. The only players I am confident of keeping regardless of offers from elsewhere are Kane and Lloris, but I'm sure even they could have their heads turned if the offers were big enough.

However it is worth bearing in mind that our wages are only low by PL standards and (not that this is any way useful to us as a bargaining tool) it is more a case of all the other top PL sides overpaying their players rather than us underpaying; compared to the top sides from elsewhere in Europe we pay pretty well. Just for example - all reported, obviously there's no guarantee these are all correct - Herrera is earning more than Modric, Lingard is earning more than Saul, Fabregas is earning more than Verratti, Lovren and Mustafi are in the same wage bracket as Godin.

As I mentioned before, I think the Walker money might go towards offering improved deals for players...we will have to wait and see I guess. Maybe Rose will be a good test case - you can guarantee that if he gets bumped up to a more appropriate wage then literally everyone else in the side will expect similar treatment, with good reason.

RuneEdge
August 10th, 2017, 11:51 AM
Don't they pay less tax in those countries too though?

thetony
August 10th, 2017, 12:25 PM
I don't think North America's media coverage is as flip-floppy as I've seen following football. The Coutinho/Neymar/Lukaku/Barkley/Ronaldo (I could go on) back and forth has driven me mad. I choose to ignore almost everything until I see it as official.

I understand you guys have some slimy publishers but there has to be some kind of standard.

Chris Scott
August 10th, 2017, 1:37 PM
Whats all that about with Danny Rose then?

Simon
August 10th, 2017, 3:16 PM
Don't they pay less tax in those countries too though?

Fair point I forgot about that

Romford Pele
August 10th, 2017, 3:49 PM
Whats all that about with Danny Rose then?

He wants a pay rise and to move up north (to one of the Manchester clubs probably)

Spurs are in the same position as Arsenal a decade ago. Trying to keep team together whilst paying for a new stadium is tricky.

son_of_foley
August 10th, 2017, 4:09 PM
He would like some more cash.

Chris Scott
August 10th, 2017, 4:35 PM
Fuck, we shouldn't have signed Robertson and went after him.

Simon
August 10th, 2017, 7:07 PM
He won't be going. Huge deal made out of very little. Not sure what he would gain from going to Liverpool anyway.

In any case, if Rose wants to move to a club with better chances of winning trophies he best get cracking on the language classes because City won't want to him and we won't sell him to United or Chelsea.

Simon
August 11th, 2017, 7:11 AM
Rose fined two weeks' wages :eek: maybe this was more serious than I thought. Ah well, if he forces his way out I'll look forward to seeing him return to the pretty average player he was before Pochettino got to work on him.

Simon
August 11th, 2017, 7:15 AM
He has apologised though.

Murphy
August 11th, 2017, 7:35 AM
I am quite concerned by all of this. Particularly the timing of it all. Couldn't have come at a worse time, really.

It's going to be a long 3 weeks...

thetony
August 11th, 2017, 8:19 AM
Thank goodness for Davies and the level he's maintained. He's more important than ever right now.

Murphy
August 11th, 2017, 8:41 AM
I have more faith in Trips than Davies, to be honest.

MikeHunt
August 11th, 2017, 8:47 AM
Fuck, we shouldn't have signed Robertson and went after him.

Should have gone for Kieran Tierney, just like every other club in the world needing a brilliant left back who is only going to get better and better.

Simon
August 11th, 2017, 8:55 AM
From what I've seen of Tierney he does look really good, didn't he score an absolute screamer the other day as well?

MikeHunt
August 11th, 2017, 9:02 AM
He did score a cracker.

https://twitter.com/donaldlivingst3/status/895014878561304576

He's miles from the finished article but for 19 hes fucking incredible.

wardy
August 11th, 2017, 10:07 AM
Tinpot league/cup my nan could've scored that etc

MikeHunt
August 11th, 2017, 11:03 AM
Ken, Huddersfield and Burnley et al are fucking QUALITY!

Spedizzo
August 14th, 2017, 12:23 PM
hats off to burnley for beating the 9 random guys put together wearing Chelsea kits

RuneEdge
August 14th, 2017, 1:49 PM
So Mbappe was an unused sub in the first game of the season, apparently because he's about to join PSG.
Their attack will look ridiculously good.

Simon
August 14th, 2017, 1:51 PM
Wonder if that means Cavani or Moura might move. Or maybe even Draxler - they've now signed two superstars who prefer to play in his position :chin:

BBF
August 14th, 2017, 2:06 PM
Mbappe won't go until next summer

RuneEdge
August 14th, 2017, 2:19 PM
I reckon they would go with something like:

Cavani
Mbappe------Neymar-----Di Maria
Verratti----Motta
Kurzawa---T.Silva---Marq---D.Alves

That would be their best possible lineup IMO. Neymar prefers to play down the center where he can influence the game more (where he plays for Brazil), which leaves the left wing free for Mbappe. Moura and Draxler would have to be the two that look elsewhere if they can't accept a spot on the bench, I think.
Jan Oblak has been linked recently to take over the keeper's position, which makes that a solid team.

And yeah as BBF said, I don't think Mbappe would leave until next summer. Monaco announce their squad numbers and tweeted something about Mbappe taking the #10 shirt for this new season. And I'd have thought PSG, Madrid, etc would wait and see how Mbappe performed over another whole season before committing to a big money move. It's not like they need to worry about the player ageing in that time.
But I brought this up as its the rumour that's come out recently. As a matter of fact, the links started a few days ago and THEN the player was dropped to the bench, which added more fuel to the fire.

Simon
August 14th, 2017, 3:07 PM
The left side of the defence isn't great. Kurzawa is pony and Silva looks like age is catching up on him a bit.

RuneEdge
August 14th, 2017, 3:18 PM
Sorry, I meant as an attacking team it's solid. As a complete team, you'd probably have to change things around a bit. They also still have Matuidi they could use in midfield, so there's him to consider in the lineup as well.
But whatever, that's not my problem. This is just how I'd line up if I was using PSG on FIFA. :yes:

Simon
August 14th, 2017, 3:55 PM
Matuidi would play ahead of Motta I think. They're getting shot if Krychowiak which is a surprise to me, every time I've seen him e has looked class.

BBF
August 14th, 2017, 4:18 PM
Motta, Rabiot and Verratti as the central two. Matuidi is done.

Simon
August 14th, 2017, 4:59 PM
Done how? Matuidi is absolute class and Motta is like 35. Obviously Verratti is the stand-out but I'd have Matuidi ahead of Rabiot as well (Rabiot is another class player we apparently could have signed if not for Levy's haggling, think we refused to pay an asking price of about 20m...would probably cost what, three times that?

EDIT: Oh were you talking about Matuidi leaving? Just read that he might be going to Juve.

Peter Griffin
August 14th, 2017, 5:18 PM
Per Sky Sports.

TRANSFER WINDOW TO CHANGE?

Premier League clubs will discuss the proposed introduction of a new summer transfer window that closes before the opening game of next season.

It is understood talks will take place between every club next month about whether to change the deadline of the current window, which closes nearly three weeks after the first game of the season.

Sky Sports News has been told by sources that the "majority" of top-flight clubs currently favour an earlier closure, and the issue could be voted on during their next shareholders' meeting in September.

At least 14 of the Premier League's 20 clubs must agree for a new rule to be introduced.

One consideration is whether Premier League clubs will be weaker if the summer window closes in the middle of August.

Clubs from other European leagues, including Spain and Italy, would still be allowed to sign players from England in line with their own domestic deadlines.

Simon
August 14th, 2017, 5:38 PM
Makes sense. The current system makes no sense whatsoever.

_me
August 14th, 2017, 6:44 PM
Since it already happens unofficially, they need to open up the window on the other end to compensate. The day after a teams season is over (league or cup whatever is last), their players should be available for contact for possible transfers and for them to contact players/agents. No reason to wait until July 1 to make stuff official.

But I agree that it should be closed by the time the first game is played.

Peter Griffin
August 14th, 2017, 6:56 PM
Personally I would like to see it bought in on the Football League as well, We are at a point were we are 5 games in by the time the window shuts, And if a PL club raids your best player on deadline day and you have no time to do anything you are fucked.

son_of_foley
August 15th, 2017, 1:46 AM
Right but if that happens in the new system you're fucked as well because that problem is that there is a deadline rather than when it is

RuneEdge
August 16th, 2017, 8:38 AM
So Matuidi's about to sign for Juventus, for €15m. Probably would've been twice as much if he was coming to England.

Simon
August 16th, 2017, 8:46 AM
That is a ridiculous bargain, Matuidi is the boss.

RuneEdge
August 16th, 2017, 5:24 PM
Anyone got any details about Asensio's buyout clause? :shifty:

Pablo Diablo
August 20th, 2017, 2:50 PM
Zlatan apparently going to rejoin United this week.

BBF
August 20th, 2017, 3:22 PM
How would he fit in?

Pablo Diablo
August 20th, 2017, 3:27 PM
I have no idea. I don't see him as the type who wants to be an impact sub, or only start the random game here and there to give Lukaku a rest.

RuneEdge
August 20th, 2017, 4:17 PM
I think the plan was always to re-sign him in the January transfer window and give us a fresh boost during the latter half of the season where fixtures become congested (assuming we're still in all the other competitions). Right now, Lukaku's the only real out and out striker in the squad with guys like Martial and Rashford playing most games out wide. You have to bare in mind that Zlatan will be 36 years old by the time he fully recovers and gets back on the pitch, so he's going to have to be rotated whether he likes it or not.

What's interesting is the news that he might sign as soon as next week. That of course allows us to register and play him earlier than initially thought, which is only a few months after his last deal expired. ESPN said something about his wages being significantly reduced, which makes me wonder if he's taken the pay cut due to the fact that he'll be signing the contract earlier and getting paid while he's still out of action, which would balance out the higher wage he'd get on a shorter deal.

Mourinho's toyed with the 3-5-2 formation a bit during preseason, where we used Rashford, Martial and even Mkhitaryan as the second striker. Having Zlatan and Lukaku up front would be perfect for this (although it would require another wingback, which is what Perisic was supposed to be for).

Either way, I'm happy if he re-signs. I was more than happy with the squad as it is. Having someone like Zlatan back is a massive boost.

Mik
August 21st, 2017, 10:40 AM
I think it's a great option in games where they are struggling to break down a defence. Try something different. Great for Europe too.

Canuck
August 21st, 2017, 11:06 AM
I thought he was coming in a coaching/player role. Any truth to that?

RuneEdge
August 24th, 2017, 1:38 PM
And the big man's back. :yes:
Officially announced today. I read the rumours about the coaching role but I don't think anything's confirmed at the moment.

wardy
August 24th, 2017, 1:49 PM
Zlatan will lift the Champions League trophy this year.

wardy
August 24th, 2017, 1:50 PM
Him or Leigh Griffiths.

Pablo Diablo
August 28th, 2017, 12:52 PM
Chelsea agree a fee with Arsneal for the Ox. I've read 35M. Not bad for Arsenal if so.

son_of_foley
August 28th, 2017, 1:09 PM
Wonder if arsenal will go back in for j Evans. Looks like he will be moving one way or another with Leicester now in

Simon
August 28th, 2017, 1:33 PM
Chelsea agree a fee with Arsneal for the Ox. I've read 35M. Not bad for Arsenal if so.

Strikes me as the sort of player who could be brilliant under the right manager.

son_of_foley
August 28th, 2017, 1:38 PM
Wonder if he's instead of drinkwater

Andy
August 28th, 2017, 2:51 PM
Ox has all the tools to be class. Before yesterday I was gutted at the prospect of him going but he made it quite clear he couldn't care less. Fuck him.

Hlebsfall
August 28th, 2017, 3:05 PM
He's bang average and won't be anything other than a squad player at Chelsea. I don't blame him for wanting to go, even if he's basically done the square root of fuck all since he signed. I remember when everyone was calling Nasri a snake back in 2011 for wanting to leave because he said Arsenal were ambitionless, he was completely right. As was RVP a season later. The club is going to be in such a fucking mess by the time Wenger leaves.

RuneEdge
August 28th, 2017, 3:59 PM
Wonder if arsenal will go back in for j Evans. Looks like he will be moving one way or another with Leicester now in
I thought City were the ones after him.

Ox has all the tools to be class. Before yesterday I was gutted at the prospect of him going but he made it quite clear he couldn't care less. Fuck him.

I always felt the same with him. Under the right guidance, he'd probably look like a decent player. I can see him being chosen over Moses at right wing back at Chelsea.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 28th, 2017, 4:08 PM
He's no better a player at 24 than he was at 18. If anything he's worse.

son_of_foley
August 28th, 2017, 4:29 PM
I thought City were the ones after him.

I always felt the same with him. Under the right guidance, he'd probably look like a decent player. I can see him being chosen over Moses at right wing back at Chelsea.

City were in but now Leicester are back in as well. Leicester had a bid turned down start of summer

Simon
August 28th, 2017, 4:59 PM
Why are Leicester signing Townsend for 27m? Mahrez must be off surely.

RuneEdge
August 28th, 2017, 5:16 PM
Liverpool have signed Naby Keita. Player doesn't join until next season, but he's supposed to be a quality player. Box to box like Kante but with more of an attacking flair.
I'd guess this is some of the Coutinho money they're spending, which based on yesterday you'd assume they will be fine without. Two bids for Thomas Lemar were put in today as well.

Chris Scott
August 28th, 2017, 5:31 PM
Never heard of Keita before we were linked with him and same with this Lemar lad.

MikeHunt
August 28th, 2017, 7:28 PM
Never heard of Keita before we were linked with him and same with this Lemar lad.

I dont have much to go off but I watched him against Rangers in a friendly with RBL at the start of the year and he absolutely ran the show when he came on and looked class. However, it was a friendly and it was against Rangers.

Simon
August 29th, 2017, 5:01 AM
Wimmer's gone to Stoke for 15m plus add-ons, so we're potentially around 60m in credit this window. And that's the real quiz.

son_of_foley
August 29th, 2017, 6:23 AM
Sone ALuko free last year 7.5m this. Mad.

Good player. Not sure he's what Reading are missing but what do I know

The Rosk
August 29th, 2017, 6:32 AM
Wimmer's gone to Stoke for 15m plus add-ons, so we're potentially around 60m in credit this window. And that's the real quiz.

:lol:

Pablo Diablo
August 29th, 2017, 10:08 PM

Ox didn't like it. Refuses transfer and wants to go to Liverpool.

What a mad situation.

Simon
August 30th, 2017, 4:39 AM
Ox seems to have that Walcott sense of entitlement, demanding to be allowed to play a position in which he has never particularly stood out. It's a shame because he looks a potentially very good wing back, he has all the qualities needed for it.

BBF
August 30th, 2017, 4:43 AM
He should be played exclusively in defensive mid. He could run the thing from there but needs to be more disciplined. He had a game there last year against Bayern and one about 3 years ago against Milan where he was brilliant but he seems to do that job for 30 minutes then get bored and plough forward. If he added that disciplined he'd be fantastic there

Simon
August 30th, 2017, 4:46 AM
Don't think he's clever enough for a proper defensive mid job. He's a decent attacking mid so I get why he thinks that's his real position, but he's not good enough there to start regularly at any of the top clubs when the competition is so strong in that area.

BBF
August 30th, 2017, 5:04 AM
If arsenal set up the way they should (to control games) he could play there I think. His physical attributes are superb and I think under Klopp he could play on here but the players Liverpool have in that position are all technically better than him.

Ideally he'd go to a top half team and be the man there.

Simon
August 30th, 2017, 5:06 AM
He wouldn't get in at Liverpool anywhere in midfield, this time last year you might have argued he could get in alongside Henderson in the deeper roles but Can is starting to show the quality that people have always said he had, and now Milner is available there again because Liverpool have a couple of left backs.

son_of_foley
August 30th, 2017, 5:54 AM
Isn't Can's contract up this summer as well?

BBF
August 30th, 2017, 5:55 AM
Yep appaz he's off to Juve

son_of_foley
August 30th, 2017, 6:01 AM
Obviously Keita is coming in though but I think Liverpool could do with something else in midfield especially as they've already lost Lucas.

For me the biggest need they have a is a mobile centre forward to lead the line. Would allow Firminho to drop back if needed as well. Would be surprised if Ings didnt go somewhere in next 48 hours

Simon
August 30th, 2017, 6:01 AM
By which time Naby Keita will be in :D

Is Naby Keita the most highly-rated player that hardly anyone has ever seen? There seems to be a general acceptance that he's one of the best players in Europe but I'm not buying that all these Twitter pundits have been watching Leipzig, Salzburg or *checks Wikipedia* Istres matches every week over the past couple of years.

Simon
August 30th, 2017, 7:17 AM
Looks like we are signing Aurier. I hope there is at least some sort of acknowledgement of his past, given that there has been so much arguing over whether or not we should be signing him. Personally I would prefer we didn't, I don't want us to be another Chelsea or Liverpool, hero-worshiping an absolute cunt just because he's good on the pitch.

Simon
August 30th, 2017, 11:55 AM
Swansea apparently about to sign Renato Sanches on loan :eek:

RuneEdge
August 30th, 2017, 12:01 PM
He's a high profile name that hasn't lived up to the hype. Couldn't even make the Portugal squad.

BBF
August 30th, 2017, 12:01 PM
He's 20!

RuneEdge
August 30th, 2017, 12:13 PM
And he's joining Swansea. Doesn't sound like the player he was hyped up to be. He rarely got games at Bayern.

EDIT
The loan has an option to buy for 27m at the end.

Simon
August 30th, 2017, 4:20 PM
I do wonder if maybe he's one of those like Rooney who is fantastic for his age as a kid because he's already built like a man, but doesn't really have much capability for improvement. There's always an assumption that a talented kid will continue to improve, but it's not always the case.

RuneEdge
August 30th, 2017, 4:52 PM
He looked like a quality player during Euro 2016 (the only time I've personally watched him). He reminded me of a young Essien. That's the summer that got him the move to Bayern.
I haven't watched him since but Bayern fans say he's been average and rarely got games. There's been rumours of him leaving for a little while now. But what started as links to teams like Chelsea and Milan, then went to Arsenal, Liverpool, and now Swansea. The impression I get is that if a top team wanted him, they would've got him.

Andy
August 30th, 2017, 5:59 PM
Arsenal seem to have briefed the media (Ornstein) today that there is no money available for signings, despite being in huge profit this window. And despite briefing the media (ornstein) in July that there was around 150m to be spent. What the hell is going on at that football club.

Simon
August 30th, 2017, 6:11 PM
He looked like a quality player during Euro 2016 (the only time I've personally watched him). He reminded me of a young Essien. That's the summer that got him the move to Bayern.
I haven't watched him since but Bayern fans say he's been average and rarely got games. There's been rumours of him leaving for a little while now. But what started as links to teams like Chelsea and Milan, then went to Arsenal, Liverpool, and now Swansea. The impression I get is that if a top team wanted him, they would've got him.

Never struck me as an Essien type, he was more of a bustling attacking force. More of a Vidal type if I was stretching for a comparison.

RuneEdge
August 30th, 2017, 6:23 PM
I felt he was more defensive minded than attacking. But admit I haven't watched him enough to give an educated opinion.
Either way, the kid is only 20 so he could potentially turn out to be a steal.

Hlebsfall
August 30th, 2017, 6:37 PM
Arsenal seem to have briefed the media (Ornstein) today that there is no money available for signings, despite being in huge profit this window. And despite briefing the media (ornstein) in July that there was around 150m to be spent. What the hell is going on at that football club.

Yep usual bollocks. All that talk of warchests and fucking links to Mbappe (all around the time of season ticket renewals as per usual) and it looks like they're going to end up with pretty much a neutral net spend. And if they continue binning a few more players off tomorrow, they'll probably be ending the window with an even weaker squad than they started the summer with. Such a poorly run club top to bottom.

RuneEdge
August 30th, 2017, 7:15 PM
With Gibbs and Ox going, surely they don't let Sanchez go without someone coming in.
It's either really quiet tomorrow or Arsenal trigger a chain reaction for half a dozen transfers.

_me
August 30th, 2017, 7:38 PM
Yep usual bollocks. All that talk of warchests and fucking links to Mbappe (all around the time of season ticket renewals as per usual) and it looks like they're going to end up with pretty much a neutral net spend. And if they continue binning a few more players off tomorrow, they'll probably be ending the window with an even weaker squad than they started the summer with. Such a poorly run club top to bottom.
It is almost like that is how the billionaire who owns the club wants it to happen…

Chris Scott
August 30th, 2017, 8:19 PM
Isn't Can's contract up this summer as well?

Hopefully he stays.

Chris Scott
August 30th, 2017, 8:20 PM
Imagine if we get VVD and Lamar in today.

Romford Pele
August 31st, 2017, 2:29 AM
We should be bringing both of those in after what has been going on.

See we are after Draxler and if we get him would sell Sanchez for 70m. Hope the Mustafi rumour isnt true we need him.

Romford Pele
August 31st, 2017, 2:30 AM
Also you have agreed a fee for Ox so would be suprised if you got Lemar as well.

Simon
August 31st, 2017, 4:32 AM
West Brom have apparently bid 25m for Janssen :lol:

Murphy
August 31st, 2017, 5:08 AM
Llorente to Spurs?

Simon
August 31st, 2017, 5:23 AM
Suspect all we've done is kick Chelsea up the arse, they've delayed bidding for him all summer but are known to really want him.

_me
August 31st, 2017, 6:34 AM
Suspect all we've done is kick Chelsea up the arse, they've delayed bidding for him all summer but are known to really want him.
Chelsea does that with Levy all the time. He spends days and hours trying to squeeze the best deal then Chelsea just come in and bid 20% higher…

Romford Pele
August 31st, 2017, 7:14 AM
So Arsenal made 140m last season, once Ox is sold we will have made almost 30m net over the transfer window yet we have no money to spend?

What happened to the 150m warchest that was touted at the same time as season ticket renewals.

Fuck Stan Kroenke.

Simon
August 31st, 2017, 7:27 AM
This does seem like a bit of a tipping point, if Sanchez goes today without a top replacement then serious questions have to be asked, there's no justification for letting so many players leave without bringing in any replacements of note.

Simon
August 31st, 2017, 7:37 AM
Aurier signed.

Ballague reckons we've officially signed Llorente, so bet everything you own, or have even thought about owning, on him ending up somewhere else.

Murphy
August 31st, 2017, 8:07 AM
Poch is trying to convince him mid-medical, appaz. :lol:

The Beer Monster
August 31st, 2017, 9:00 AM
I hate transfer deadline day. It's got the possibility of joy like Christmas but with the unending certainty of disappointment. You might get a present, or just give someone else one, and Santas just laughing to himself while he shits in the fireplace, and it's not even a good shit.