PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Winkle van Tinkle
July 27th, 2010, 5:51 PM
He took a team that finished 7th 2 seasons ago, and finished 12th with them this year.

Granted, he's had success in cups, a quarter final in the FA, a Europa final spot. But is that what Liverpool need? A manager who focuses on cups more than the league? Thats what they just had.

I like the guy. But his record in the past 10 years hasn't been great (Copenhagen aside). Flopped at Blackburn (spending 7m on Kevin Davies), sacked from UAE for a disasterous tenure, took Viking FC to 9th in the league, failed to qualify for the Euros with Finland and left, and steered a decent fulham team out of the peril Lawrie Sanchez put them in. Oh, and the time he spent at Inter the first time round was capped off by a 3rd and 7th place finish in the league.

Don't get me wrong, lovely bloke, but I think people are overdoing how good he is, based on Fulhams Europa run.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 27th, 2010, 5:53 PM
But can I just add that I think he will bring stability to Liverpool. He's also shown he can take poor players and make them perform above and beyond their normal capabilities, and hopefully he'll do well with another mid table team and give the fans a top 8 finish.

MikeHunt
July 27th, 2010, 5:55 PM
what the fuck?

Fulham are hardly going to focus on the league when they have the possibility of winning a trophy, as long as they are mid table and get a decent cup run the fans are happy.

I am sure that Roy's focus will change now he is with Liverpool.

MMH
July 27th, 2010, 5:59 PM
1 away win all season.

Hodgson did an excellent job at Switzerland 16 years ago mind.

To be fair I reckon Hodgson is a good manager and exactly what Liverpool need right now as he has a touch of class about him. I fail to see how they are going to improve much on last season though.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 27th, 2010, 6:01 PM
The guys has been a manager for 35 years.

He has won:

The Swedish league
The swedish cup
Danish League
Danish Cup

It's not that much to write home about. Thats all i'm saying.

So if your team finished seventh, you would be happy about finishing in the bottom half of the table next year because you had a cup run. Is that progression?

Lagom
July 27th, 2010, 6:15 PM
I'd say, knowing that if he won the Europa, he'd automatically get a place in the competition next year, he wouldn't be too worried about dropping out of the Europa places in the domestic league.

I'm not sure it's the case, but wouldn't the revenue from a run to the Europa final also be more lucrative for a club than finishing 7th in the league?

MichaelC
July 27th, 2010, 6:24 PM
Nah, 7th place gets you more I think. [/FM research]

Hodgson has a 30+ year career of taking clubs and countries and, with a few glaring exceptions, leaving them in a better position than when they were when he started. That includes Finland (from also runs in 2004 and 2006 to contendors in 2008 qualifyng) and Inter (though his reputation there is split, some Inter fans think he was responsible for boring insipid football, others believe he took them over at a low ebb and started their revitilisation period)

He's not going to be the title winning manager. And he's a not big name: what big name would have taken over Liverpool this Summer? (Honest answers, no bias, Tim et all). What they need is someone to stabilise the ship, stop all this onfield Liverpool in Crisis shit, and leave the club an attractive proposition to the next manager, when hopefully all this board room rubbish is over.

Lawson
July 27th, 2010, 6:44 PM
I fail to see how they are going to improve much on last season though.

How? Pfft. The Guardian reckons we've agreed a 2.5m deal with Villa for Luke Young.

(The above should be a punchline response, but assuming we do actually get a left back in Young would be replacing Degen and would actually be a significant improvement. Ho hum.)

jesus sucks
July 27th, 2010, 7:01 PM
Nah, 7th place gets you more I think. [/FM research]

He's not going to be the title winning manager. And he's a not big name: what big name would have taken over Liverpool this Summer? (Honest answers, no bias, Tim et all).

i'm not really very bias at all. people just remember me from when i was 18 or 19, and i got carried away easily with football. and try to say i am still that way now.

even then that team i was championing went and won the champions league about a year after this forum was telling me newcastle were the better club and team. so maybe i wasn't that bad after all.

i've already said we were shit last year and that Benitez had lost the plot and i wanted gone. i've also said i hate the city of liverpool and scousers. and while everton fans are all idiots and i hate all of them when it comes to football i also think most Liverpool fans are annoying with the YNWA song and flags etc, and public marches. so i especially dislike the spirit of shankly. so really that's not a bias fan. i'm one of the best posters here because i form my own opinions and don't get them from football 365 and similar places. i don't read a story in the metro or on a text message from some bloke in the pub, and then go on about everyday it as if it's factually true. or as if i have insider information. loads on here do that. it's very funny :yes:

i read this section of the forums out of morbid curiosity more than anything since i came back.

Beefy
July 27th, 2010, 7:08 PM
This place has gone to shit since MMH has been in charge, tbh.

MichaelC
July 27th, 2010, 8:28 PM
Not his fault most of the posters are shit.

Lazurus
July 27th, 2010, 8:43 PM
i'm not really very bias at all. people just remember me from when i was 18 or 19, and i got carried away easily with football. and try to say i am still that way now.

even then that team i was championing went and won the champions league about a year after this forum was telling me newcastle were the better club and team. so maybe i wasn't that bad after all.

i've already said we were shit last year and that Benitez had lost the plot and i wanted gone. i've also said i hate the city of liverpool and scousers. and while everton fans are all idiots and i hate all of them when it comes to football i also think most Liverpool fans are annoying with the YNWA song and flags etc, and public marches. so i especially dislike the spirit of shankly. so really that's not a bias fan. i'm one of the best posters here because i form my own opinions and don't get them from football 365 and similar places. i don't read a story in the metro or on a text message from some bloke in the pub, and then go on about everyday it as if it's factually true. or as if i have insider information. loads on here do that. it's very funny :yes:

i read this section of the forums out of morbid curiosity more than anything since i came back.

:rolleyes:

jesus sucks
July 27th, 2010, 9:12 PM
your opinion is the least valuable here. you aren't even trying to take the piss to wind up rival fans, you're serious. you are the sky sports news breaking news banner, talksport with jason cundy and the sun personified. even your avatar is just ripped from a cover of the sun from a few weeks ago. that post you did the other day about how what if liverpool went bankrupt and sold every one of our players between now and the start of the season was one of the worst things i've ever read. typical speculative drivel from an internet whopper.

Lazurus
July 27th, 2010, 9:17 PM
:lol:

I have no recollection of this post you talk of, care to find it for me?

jesus sucks
July 27th, 2010, 9:34 PM
rosk posted our squadlist and

If Liverpool went bust and all those players came up for free transfers I'm not sure more than half a dozen of them would get signed up by CL teams and I double more than a dozen would get contracts for teams in Europe of any kind next season.

They really need to bring in at least ten players.

sensationalism at it's best. from a side that didn't even finish very far ahead of us. about 7 points. i have no idea what 'double more than a dozen' means either.

Andy
July 27th, 2010, 9:46 PM
ahahaha, oh dear Lazarus. :lol:

Lazurus
July 27th, 2010, 9:54 PM
I pretty much stand by that. Aside from putting 'double' rather than 'doubt'.

The Rosk
July 28th, 2010, 4:02 AM
How? Pfft. The Guardian reckons we've agreed a 2.5m deal with Villa for Luke Young.

(The above should be a punchline response, but assuming we do actually get a left back in Young would be replacing Degen and would actually be a significant improvement. Ho hum.)

Decent price for both of us really, you need a replacement right-back worth two shits and we need money. If I'm honest I think he was wasted at Villa as he always played well if not amazingly. His best year was actually at left back for us. But he is 31 and he hasn't played for a while.

MMH
July 28th, 2010, 4:04 AM
This place has gone to shit since MMH has been in charge, tbh.

Oi! :irked:

Simon
July 28th, 2010, 4:10 AM
Sorry UK Blue but this is tragicomedy at its finest:

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/first-team.aspx

:happysad:

MMH
July 28th, 2010, 4:12 AM
Sorry UK Blue but this is tragicomedy at its finest:

http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/first-team.aspx

:happysad:

I posted that last night!

Its an FM dream though. taking over a team with no players and starting totally from scratch.

Murphy
July 28th, 2010, 7:22 AM
So West Ham say they have rejected a bid from Spurs for Parker. Don't quite see why we're looking at him, tbh.

Lazurus
July 28th, 2010, 7:27 AM
Yeah they've come out and claimed that we're trying to unsettle him. Surely going to the press about it is going to unsettle him far more.

Not sure where he'd fit into our team/squad anyway.

UK Blue
July 28th, 2010, 8:14 AM
I posted that last night!

Its an FM dream though. taking over a team with no players and starting totally from scratch.

With no money though? It's an FM nightmare.

Take Mokoena, Ben Haim, Boateng and Utaka out of that squad, add in Sonko and a load of kids.

Exciting times ahead!

MMH
July 28th, 2010, 8:19 AM
With no money though? It's an FM nightmare.

Take Mokoena, Ben Haim, Boateng and Utaka out of that squad, add in Sonko and a load of kids.

Exciting times ahead!

Im up for the task :cool:

I want to do it in Fifa but you cant edit the league structures which is pretty rubbish.

turdpower
July 28th, 2010, 8:21 AM
You don't win anything with kids.

Lazurus
July 28th, 2010, 8:30 AM
What about the U19 World Cup?

Star fruit surf rider
July 28th, 2010, 8:59 AM
You don't win anything with kids.
Hahahaha because that is what Alan Hansen said about Man Utd and then they won the league!!!

I get it.

turdpower
July 28th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Red Dog is on the bloody money.

Simon
July 28th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Is this guy Red Dog?

Star fruit surf rider
July 28th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Is this guy Red Dog?
Simon, I have got an avater of a dog that is red and have been posting about Forest.

I will leave you to work it out.

Simon
July 28th, 2010, 11:23 AM
I've not really noticed your posts to be honest. I remember thinking you were a bit of an idiot but was giving you the benefit of the doubt. Nice to know who you really are so that we can move that process along and confirm that you are an idiot. Incidentally, why the name change?

Star fruit surf rider
July 28th, 2010, 11:34 AM
I've not really noticed your posts to be honest. I remember thinking you were a bit of an idiot but was giving you the benefit of the doubt. Nice to know who you really are so that we can move that process along and confirm that you are an idiot. Incidentally, why the name change?
Apart from the post you made that was........

":lol: Good work mate"

.... you mean?

Simon
July 28th, 2010, 11:40 AM
Even a blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut.

BBF
July 28th, 2010, 11:40 AM
I fucking uncovered this one lads. Fucking proud.

The Rosk
July 28th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Apart from the post you made that was........

":lol: Good work mate"

.... you mean?

He's done you there, Si.

JIJ
July 28th, 2010, 12:30 PM
What's happening to Spurs on here?

Simon and Lazurus embarassing themselves on consecutive pages

Alf
July 28th, 2010, 12:33 PM
If Spurs don't buy Torres I will never watch them play the football again.

I think Harry will win Spurs the title this year lads.

...just for you JIJ... a hat-trick.

Lazurus
July 28th, 2010, 1:13 PM
I'm still so embarrassed.

The Rosk
July 29th, 2010, 4:12 AM
It seems Aston Villa are almost as popular as Tesco when it comes to the place to do your shopping - Martin O'Neill is still fending off Manchester City's interest in James Milner and now the Sun report that Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson wants Stiliyan Petrov as a replacement for wantaway midfielder Javier Mascherano - only a day after they reportedly bid for full-back Luke Young.

It seems that Hodgson has pretty much accepted that Mascherano is on his way to Inter Milan to link up with former boss Rafa Benitez - and he will reinvest 7 million of what he gets for sanctioning that move in snapping up Villa's Bulgarian general.

Villa are not keen to part with the 30-year-old, who has been a key performer since joining from Celtic, but Hodgson sees Petrov as the perfect midfield anchor.

The Reds are also still discussing the possible transfer of Villa defender Young, although the Mirror reports the deal has hit a snag over wages.

:lol: what!

Petrov ffs.

The Rosk
July 29th, 2010, 4:19 AM
McGeady didn't get in the squad for Celtic against Braga. Some saying it's an injury, some saying it's because he's talking terms with Villa.

MikeHunt
July 29th, 2010, 4:27 AM
McGreedy will be pish in the epl, mark my words.

he has been shit up here for the last two seasons.

MikeHunt
July 29th, 2010, 4:28 AM
Even a blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut.

hahahaha

thats a brilliant phrase.

The Rosk
July 29th, 2010, 4:32 AM
McGreedy will be pish in the epl, mark my words.

he has been shit up here for the last two seasons.

He would be better than Downing.

Simon
July 29th, 2010, 4:33 AM
Downing is good at what he does. One touch, WHIP. He's like Bentley with pace but worse hair.

The Rosk
July 29th, 2010, 4:37 AM
He hasn't done that for us this season. He was slow and a massive pussy.

The Rosk
July 29th, 2010, 4:39 AM
Seriously, I know he had an injury and stuff, but he still played over 2,000 minutes for us last season. Have a wild guess how many assists he got in that time.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 29th, 2010, 4:43 AM
McGeady didn't get in the squad for Celtic against Braga. Some saying it's an injury, some saying it's because he's talking terms with Villa.

Lennon confirmed he'd be leaving last week, so whether it's to Villa or not, it probably was because he's on his way.

The Rosk
July 29th, 2010, 4:45 AM
Come on then. How would McGeady do. You blatantly fucking love him don't you.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 29th, 2010, 4:53 AM
He's got everything needed to be a very good player, except maybe the attitude, but he needs a move away from Scotland quickly. MON's legendary motivating skills could see him doing a very good job in the Premier League. Comfortable on both flanks, great crosser, good vision, good passer, can play off a front man, strong on either foot, very skillful. He really needs to get into a proper league to improve and probably should have done so before now.

The Rosk
July 29th, 2010, 4:57 AM
I'm convinced already he is better than Downing. I hate Downing. If anyone was interested in the answer to my earlier question I posed Simon; the answer is ONE.

MikeHunt
July 29th, 2010, 5:32 AM
he is lightweight and average, he will be pish in the epl. honestly

The Rosk
July 29th, 2010, 5:37 AM
You're a Rangers fan?

MikeHunt
July 29th, 2010, 5:42 AM
aye but i still rate several of their players, he is just not one of them.

infact I would say more rangers fans like mcgeedy than celtic fans.

Lagom
July 29th, 2010, 5:54 AM
That's because, by all accounts, he's a cunt.

I honestly think that Maloney is, and has been the better player of the 2, it's a shame he let homesickness and a bit of bad form influence his move back to Celtic.

The Rosk
July 29th, 2010, 5:56 AM
I did love Maloney when he was at the Villa. Great little player. But a complete pussy.

MikeHunt
July 29th, 2010, 6:05 AM
maloney is a fantastic wee player, although look pretty fucking dire las night. we bit of confidence needed i think.

SPL without mcgreedy will be a better place, as will glasgow city center in the night.

Simon
July 29th, 2010, 6:16 AM
McGeady looks like a gypo, what attitude problems does he have?

Darkoke
July 29th, 2010, 7:40 AM
McGeady's far from a "great" crosser, that's probably the only aspect of his game that lets him down.

Darkoke
July 29th, 2010, 7:41 AM
McGeady looks like a gypo, what attitude problems does he have?

Likes a night out and doesn't know when to shut-up. Gave Strachan a bit of back-chat which resulted in him being dropped for an Old Firm game.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 29th, 2010, 7:48 AM
McGeady's far from a "great" crosser, that's probably the only aspect of his game that lets him down.

Disagree, his delivery is very good. He is a forward converted to a wide midfielder, however.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 29th, 2010, 7:49 AM
infact I would say more rangers fans like mcgeedy than celtic fans.

Yeah right. Rangers fans will love a guy who chooses to play for Ireland. Wind it in you fucking gimp.

Darkoke
July 29th, 2010, 8:06 AM
Disagree, his delivery is very good. He is a forward converted to a wide midfielder, however.

I think his crossing is too inconsistent although when he gets it right it's very good.

Lazurus
July 29th, 2010, 8:13 AM
Campbell's signed a 1 year deal with Newcastle.

:wtf:

Ringo
July 29th, 2010, 8:15 AM
Yeah that happened yesterday mate.

Simon
July 29th, 2010, 8:18 AM
Bang goes Chrissy Hughton's goodwill from Spurs fans :D

Not sure why the surprise Laz, he proved himself still well capable of doing it at the highest level. As I think I said at the time, he would have been more deserving of an England recall than Carragher. Still a terrible human being though.

Lazurus
July 29th, 2010, 8:22 AM
I only just saw that it was only a year.

That was why he wasn't signing a new deal with Arsenal wasn't it? Because they'd only offer a year.

Murphy
July 29th, 2010, 8:28 AM
Nah, surely just more offered at Newcastle.

BBF
July 29th, 2010, 8:30 AM
And his new missus is from up there.

Bad Collin
July 29th, 2010, 8:31 AM
His new wife is from there.

:mad: get lost Beefer.

turdpower
July 29th, 2010, 8:32 AM
Santa Cruz to Fulham. Not heard it yet, but it's bound to crop up.

BBF
July 29th, 2010, 8:33 AM
Catch up, mate.

Fucking hell, now turdy has merked me :O(

Simon
July 29th, 2010, 8:39 AM
Santa Cruz to Fulham. Not heard it yet, but it's bound to crop up.

They have immediately linked Bellarz and Santa Cruz in The Guardian today.

Mik
July 29th, 2010, 8:48 AM
Bang goes Chrissy Hughton's goodwill from Spurs fans :D

Not sure why the surprise Laz, he proved himself still well capable of doing it at the highest level. As I think I said at the time, he would have been more deserving of an England recall than Carragher. Still a terrible human being though.

Why?

Simon
July 29th, 2010, 8:54 AM
Why what?

Mik
July 29th, 2010, 9:11 AM
Why is he a terrible human being?

turdpower
July 29th, 2010, 9:11 AM
Luke Young turned down Liverpool because he didn't want to move his family appaz.

Crazy.

Funboy
July 29th, 2010, 9:12 AM
Sol wants to break 800 games or something and will prob get more games with Toon, although with the way Arsenal defenders/players in general are constantly injured, he'd have gotten the game time there... But this is his 5th (6th?) free transfer move of his career; he must make a mint on signing on fees.

Simon
July 29th, 2010, 9:12 AM
Why is he a terrible human being?

Oh come on don't play ignorant. You don't have to agree.

The Rosk
July 29th, 2010, 9:13 AM
I'd like to know too.

BBF
July 29th, 2010, 9:15 AM
He's never actually moved for a fee has he?

Simon
July 29th, 2010, 9:19 AM
Nope.

Keano's Magic Hat
July 29th, 2010, 9:21 AM
Shaping up to be a great summer for Manchester United, then :rolleyes:

turdpower
July 29th, 2010, 9:23 AM
WE BEAT THE MLS ALLSTARS WE CAN BEAT ANYONE!

Beefy
Shaping up to be a great summer for Manchester United, then :rolleyes:

Out of interest, when everyone is fit what do you expect the pecking order to be up front at Man United this season?

Simon
Plenty of reason to be excited about Javi Hernandez, no? Chris Smalling looks a ludicrous way to spend 12m IMO, but Fergie knows best. All I can say is I have seen him play six or seven times (which amounts to about half his professional career so far) and he was crap in all of them except one match against Chelsea. And in that one he ruined a good performance by scoring an own goal to win the game for Chelsea. The difference between winning the title and not winning the title for United :D

jesus sucks
July 29th, 2010, 9:24 AM
Luke Young turned down Liverpool because he didn't want to move his family appaz.

Crazy.

mate i still don't believe this one. something's not quite right about it. much like the rest of these 4th tier players we keep being linked to in the Mail and the Metro like Scharner, Carlton Cole, Konchesky and Beattie that we end up myseriously not signing in the end:. hodgson apparently hit the roof yesterday with the press about the constant new stories of players we're in discussions. the other day he was also saying for the fans to make their own minds up and use common sense about all these stories.

we were linked with David Moyes a couple of months ago for instance. also McLaren and Sven. some evertonaian twat in the media has an agenda. who does that old australian arsehole that owns Sky and all those newspapers support? wager fucking anything on it being man united, chelsea or everton

Beefy
July 29th, 2010, 9:29 AM
we were linked with David Moyes a couple of months ago for instance. also McLaren and Sven. some evertonaian twat in the media has an agenda. who does that old australian arsehole that owns Sky and all those newspapers support? wager fucking anything on it being man united, chelsea or everton

Oh come on..... most of the media is so overwhelmingly Pro-Liverpool it's crazy.

Mik
July 29th, 2010, 9:43 AM
Oh come on don't play ignorant. You don't have to agree.

I'm interested in how he qualifies as an 'awful human being' to you.

Simon
July 29th, 2010, 9:45 AM
Unfortunately I am not interested in going over it again. Whether or not you agree you should still know the reasons. And also recognise that there is an element of deliberate hyperbole there.

Lazurus
July 29th, 2010, 9:46 AM
Can we just leave it alone rather than retreading this again?

MikeHunt
July 29th, 2010, 9:48 AM
Yeah right. Rangers fans will love a guy who chooses to play for Ireland. Wind it in you fucking gimp.

well every tim I know fucking hates him.

and all my mate wo are rangers fans couldn't give a fuck about him, im acctually glad he doesn't play for scotland right now.

and his crossing is decent, its the rest of his game that is pretty poor imo.

MMH
July 29th, 2010, 9:51 AM
mate i still don't believe this one. something's not quite right about it. much like the rest of these 4th tier players we keep being linked to in the Mail and the Metro like Scharner, Carlton Cole, Konchesky and Beattie that we end up myseriously not signing in the end:. hodgson apparently hit the roof yesterday with the press about the constant new stories of players we're in discussions. the other day he was also saying for the fans to make their own minds up and use common sense about all these stories.

Why on earth would an Evertonian link our manager to your club?

What a ridiculous thing to say.

jesus sucks
July 29th, 2010, 10:04 AM
because you all rate him highly at the moment and want him to appear a top name linked with other sides. the Evertonian that controls the media also linked James Beattie and Pienarr to us this summer to wind us up. i know how everton fans think and i know their mindset for stuff like this so its all true even though someone outside the city or with no knowledge of it might not believe me. so on this one i don't really care what anyone else says.

MMH
July 29th, 2010, 10:35 AM
because you all rate him highly at the moment and want him to appear a top name linked with other sides. the Evertonian that controls the media also linked James Beattie and Pienarr to us this summer to wind us up. i know how everton fans think and i know their mindset for stuff like this so its all true even though someone outside the city or with no knowledge of it might not believe me. so on this one i don't really care what anyone else says.

Wait a sec....

So we want to unsettle our highly rated manager by linking him to a bigger club who doesnt have a manager? And even better he can take on of our best players as well!

Thats genius that is.

You have lost the plot mate. :lol:

Mik
July 29th, 2010, 10:39 AM
Unless you're from Liverpool, he doesnt care what you say. You werent there man, you cant know.

The Rosk
July 29th, 2010, 10:40 AM
What do you expect. Club in freefall, best players falling apart, their best link all summer is Stiliyan Petrov.

Lagom
July 29th, 2010, 10:40 AM
This place would be much more fun if we all adopted js' ludicrous "I'm always right, and I don't care what anyone else thinks" attitude.

Humility is ruining the football forum lads.

jesus sucks
July 29th, 2010, 10:46 AM
What do you expect. Club in freefall, best players falling apart, their best link all summer is Stiliyan Petrov.

what about Joe Cole? we were linked with him, and then he rejected arsenal to sign for us. who have you signed? Emile Heskey has committed his future though so it's going well there for you. and i don't even know or give a shit who Mik supports so we'll leave that one!!!

Christopherson
July 29th, 2010, 10:47 AM
I thinks Moyes is a absolute shoe in for the Man U job. He has a eye for the players like Fergie does apparently all the players love him and he's Scottish, might as well keep it in the family as they say. Seriously though I do think he's Man Utd next manager provided science doesn't invent anti dying cream for Fergie.

jesus sucks
July 29th, 2010, 10:48 AM
I thinks Moyes is a absolute shoe in for the Man U job.

:rofl:

and all the players love him hey? except Rooney, you know the man that has sued Moyes and Moyes has sued him.

Simon
July 29th, 2010, 10:53 AM
I've always thought the next United manager will be Moyes. Him or Mourinho.

MMH
July 29th, 2010, 10:54 AM
I thinks Moyes is a absolute shoe in for the Man U job. He has a eye for the players like Fergie does apparently all the players love him and he's Scottish, might as well keep it in the family as they say. Seriously though I do think he's Man Utd next manager provided science doesn't invent anti dying cream for Fergie.

Nah hes not won anything.

They can have Phil Neville to do it.

The Rosk
July 29th, 2010, 11:11 AM
what about Joe Cole? we were linked with him, and then he rejected arsenal to sign for us. who have you signed? Emile Heskey has committed his future though so it's going well there for you. and i don't even know or give a shit who Mik supports so we'll leave that one!!!

What about Joe Cole mate. I've already given you proof about how he is massively overrated and a walking injury. 11 goals and 18 assists in 4 years. Brilliant.

jesus sucks
July 29th, 2010, 11:12 AM
This place would be much more fun if we all adopted js' ludicrous "I'm always right, and I don't care what anyone else thinks" attitude.

Humility is ruining the football forum lads.

i was probably like that once, but i'm not always right. on the subject of everton fans mindset towards LFC i am always right though, that's simply the fact of the matter. it's a complicated web of deceit from start to finish. even when MMH called us the bigger club a few minutes ago, i know he doesn't really think that. when he goes off to all his mates he doesn't say or believe that. so that's the sort of thing i know, that none of you know.

jesus sucks
July 29th, 2010, 11:17 AM
What about Joe Cole mate. I've already given you proof about how he is massively overrated and a walking injury. 11 goals and 18 assists in 4 years. Brilliant.

at the end of the day you and every other Villa fan would have loved to sign Joe Cole. you were never in the position to though, we on the other hand just walked in and signed him.

The Rosk
July 29th, 2010, 11:21 AM
11 goals and 18 assists in four years. Ashley Young has more than that in the last 20 months. Joe Cole is past it. In an ideal world he would be injury-free and raring to go, but he hasn't been for a very very long time and he's by most accounts gone to you as you offered the most money. It must be hard to realise that Gerrard is no longer the player he used to be, Torres is dead and it will be Ngog upfront on his own again next year. Wooohooo.

MMH
July 29th, 2010, 11:22 AM
i was probably like that once, but i'm not always right. on the subject of everton fans mindset towards LFC i am always right though, that's simply the fact of the matter. it's a complicated web of deceit from start to finish. even when MMH called us the bigger club a few minutes ago, i know he doesn't really think that. when he goes off to all his mates he doesn't say or believe that. so that's the sort of thing i know, that none of you know.

Im not an idiot like. I couldnt give a shit who is a bigger club. I support who I support. Size doesnt come into it.

Liverpool are one of the biggest clubs in the world. Probably in the top 5. it would be foolish to say otherwise.

Doesnt alter the fact that at this exact moment in time you are rubbish and probably not even in the top 5 in England.

jesus sucks
July 29th, 2010, 11:27 AM
does this look like a dead man Rosk

http://images.football.co.uk/Dynamic/Group/Source/727dfb90f6db9c00a7d7d328caeb146a.jpg
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Aston+Villa+v+Liverpool+Premier+League+mzkHOvejYu7 l.jpg
http://assets1.liverpoolfc.tv/uploads/players/fernando_torres.jpg

look at the pictures, let's be honest. an absolute beast. can't wait to see him score again vs you lot next season!

The Rosk
July 29th, 2010, 11:33 AM
No mate, he doesn't look like a dead man in the past. See his haircut? That's before he had it cut. In the past. before his injuries, and his inability to run faster than any other Spanish player at the WC, where incidentally he didn't score.

This looks like a dying man however.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:DjrzbhpLRimgNM:http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/gerrard-gives-away-penalty.jpg&t=1
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/incoming/article129427.ece/ALTERNATES/gallery-large/Liv_Villa_12.jpg

And that was last season :lol:

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/10_04/TorresInjuryL_468x337.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_A-_Z-t7_smg/S-neWKrn7FI/AAAAAAAAAMk/wWNQCKjQ8Ss/s1600/joecole2.jpg

jesus sucks
July 29th, 2010, 11:35 AM
you've got on at me for posting a picture of him from 6 months ago with Long hair saying it's out of date, then go and post a picture of him with long hair from 2007 :\

jesus sucks
July 29th, 2010, 11:38 AM
while we're posting pictures of gerrard vs aston villa though http://www.caughtoffside.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/76060416.jpg

opening day 2007. villa park away. 95th minute, best free kick of the last decade. 2-1. thanks very much. the man is unbelievable. better than any player in the history of aston villa if we're honest.

The Rosk
July 29th, 2010, 11:39 AM
That's when the injuries started. I would get a picture of him pulling up in the World Cup Final but I couldn't find one.

The Rosk
July 29th, 2010, 11:40 AM
See this is what I mean Tim. You keep bringing up how great Gerrard was three years ago like it is still relevant now. He is a shadow of his former self and even you have to admit that. If you want to live in the past then maybe it's best for you; as your team is fucking shit at the moment, let's be honest.

The Rosk
July 29th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Nah Torres is great and what's more is he is fiercely loyal to the club despite being so shit now. You all remember this great photo of course:

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/07/13/article-1294270-0A69BA9D000005DC-408_634x417.jpg

Ah what a legend.

But then a few minutes later...

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2010/07/13/article-1294270-0A6B992E000005DC-297_306x549.jpg

Hmmmmmm maybe he realises he can't run anymore.

jesus sucks
July 29th, 2010, 11:46 AM
that was actually the next day on the bus tour of Madrid. Emile Heskey comes from Leicester, Fernando Torres comes from Madrid.

The Rosk
July 29th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Interesting how you compare Heskey and Torres, presumably because they are now both laughably shit.

jesus sucks
July 29th, 2010, 11:51 AM
did Emile Heskey tell you that. who writes your material? it's Heskey isn't it!

MikeHunt
July 29th, 2010, 11:52 AM
haha, are you really comparing the two?

jesus sucks
July 29th, 2010, 11:52 AM
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01247/emile_heskey_1247303c.jpg

"Emile Heskey signs for Aston Villa"

The Rosk
July 29th, 2010, 11:53 AM
It's quite interesting how you are literally resting ALL your hopes on Torres for this season, who is now injured and a shadow of his former self, whereas we are getting rid of Heskey who is our fourth choice striker now. Hmmmmm.

The Rosk
July 29th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Liverpool next season:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_9rJAv-jbxEo/S07xFa2ESZI/AAAAAAAAAys/MRNL9v0Zj-A/s400/Ngog.Torres.Reading.jpg

The Rosk
July 29th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Only with a less successful manager doing the substitutions :lol:

Bad Collin
July 29th, 2010, 12:01 PM
Oh Yeah! That's Torres being rested when we are three up at Villa Park.

The Rosk
July 29th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Well if beating Villa is all you have to aim for then that's certainly the mark of a big club this season.

jesus sucks
July 29th, 2010, 12:03 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/leagues/premierleague/astonvilla/4349733/Emile-Heskey-offers-Aston-Villa-another-dimension.html

Emile Heskey offers Aston Villa another dimension (brilliant, just brilliant!!!- Editor tim jesus sucks)

Emile Heskey is expected to make his Aston Villa debut at Portsmouth as his new team set out to prove that manager Martin O’Neill is right to aim for the pinnacle this season.

Heskey's arrival for 3.5 million from Wigan last week helped strengthen O'Neill's belief that Villa could aim for more than just a Champions League place.

When O'Neill took to informing reporters that his intention this season was to win the Premier League, not just qualify for the Champions League, it was rather assumed that he was being sarcastic. But with Villa just three points off the top of the table, the arrival of Heskey is further evidence for the club that they need not settle for fourth.

Heskey is expected to make his debut at Portsmouth, and should he inspire Villa to a victory his new club will leapfrog Chelsea and go third in the table.

Bad Collin
July 29th, 2010, 12:04 PM
Realistically we should finish above Villa but it's going to be tricky to overcome United, Chelsea, City and Arsenal.

Alf
July 29th, 2010, 12:05 PM
Hindsight is 20/20.

The Rosk
July 29th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Is that yet again something from the past Tim? You Liverpool fans love bleating on about the past.

Current situation:

7th in the League.

Best player wants to leave. Gerrard and Torres visibly deteriorating. You couldn't convince Luke Young to sign for you. Joe Cole is the biggest signing you have and he has 11 goals in four years.

Jesus Christ mate. I don't blame you for holding onto the past. Everton will be above you this season - much better team.

Bad Collin
July 29th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Current situation:

7th in the League. - No, all teams are equal at the start of the season

Best player wants to leave. - Who Masch? He is not our best player

Gerrard and Torres visibly deteriorating. - Torres hasn't had a holiday in three years. Stevie is maybe on the out though, we will see this season.

You couldn't convince Luke Young to sign for you. - Based on?

Joe Cole is the biggest signing you have and he has 11 goals in four years. - Eleven Prem goals in four years, 22 in 113 starts in total. He offers more to the team than pure stats can portray.

Everton will be above you this season - much better team. - :lol:[/QUOTE]

The Rosk
July 29th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Let's have a look at some recent news stories to see how Liverpool are going to improve on their 7th place finish:

Rabotnicki v Liverpool

Liverpool travel to Macedonia to take on Rabotnicki Skopje in their Europa League third qualifying round tie.

Luke Young poised for Liverpool switch
Rangers defender Wilson pleased with Anfield move
Mascherano wants Anfield exit
Ngog keen to remain at Liverpool
Riera completes Olympiakos move
Cole 'wanted to join Tottenham'

Bad Collin
July 29th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Liverpool travel to Macedonia to take on Rabotnicki Skopje in their Europa League third qualifying round tie. - Fewer important Euro games means fitter players for the league
Luke Young poised for Liverpool switch - Meh, We have had worse right backs and finished in the top four. Our full time right back plays for England.
Rangers defender Wilson pleased with Anfield move - Good player for the future
Mascherano wants Anfield exit - He will be a bit of a loss but the 25 million will come in very handy.
Ngog keen to remain at Liverpool - I'm sure he is, doesn't mean he will
Riera completes Olympiakos move - He is decent at best
Cole [B]'wanted to join Tottenham' - Lies/half truths from 'trustworthy' Redknapp

The Rosk
July 29th, 2010, 12:21 PM
No, all teams are equal at the start of the season

Ah, Man Utd must be quivering at Blackpool already. You were 7th last year and two of your best players from then are off/have left. And the other two...

Masch? He is not our best player

He's one of them, if not the best given that...

Torres hasn't had a holiday in three years. Stevie is maybe on the out though, we will see this season.

Holiday thing doesn't matter. He looks fucked, had an awful World Cup and couldn't run. Gerrard was bollocks last season, his pace has been cut and he has got noone around him quality enough to let him off the Hollywood balls he constantly tries to do.

Joe Cole is the biggest signing you have and he has 11 goals in four years. - Eleven Prem goals in four years, 22 in 113 starts in total. He offers more to the team than pure stats can portray.

Ah let's forget about the 100 sub appearances then shall we. And you are now signing him when all of his injuries have added up, not in his youth when he was better. Hardly an incredible signing is it.

Everton will be above you this season - much better team. - :lol:

Why is this a ridiculous thing to say? Two points seperated you last season and that was with four of their best players out for most of the season. Everton are a better "team" than you at the moment, you have more "superstars".

jesus sucks
July 29th, 2010, 12:23 PM
i agree with Bad Collin. i was about to say nobody knows how good or shit we are until a couple of months into the season. last season is gone. we finished 2nd in 2009, but nobody judged us on that when we were doing badly this season. so can't be judged on last year now either till we see what Hodgson does. not overly confident i'll admit, but i think he'll do far better than Benitez and come at least 5th.

funny how it's me made out as the mental one each time and the one in the wrong but every time i have one of these discussions my rep box fills up by nearly a page with comments saying how much of a twat the rosk, Bunt and mik are. now i don't really mind the rosk personally even though we disagree on football, just saying like. the other two are certainly complete arseholes though. so it's all good :)

The Rosk
July 29th, 2010, 12:24 PM
Post a pic of your rep page then mate. I dare you

jesus sucks
July 29th, 2010, 12:26 PM
nope. messages are left in confidence. i'm not a grass.

The Rosk
July 29th, 2010, 12:27 PM
hmmm proof is in the pudding mate.

jesus sucks
July 29th, 2010, 12:30 PM
hmmm proof is in the pudding mate.

fair enough. not really worth arguing about n all.

Mik
July 29th, 2010, 12:30 PM
i agree with Bad Collin. i was about to say nobody knows how good or shit we are until a couple of months into the season. last season is gone. we finished 2nd in 2009, but nobody judged us on that when we were doing badly this season. so can't be judged on last year now either till we see what Hodgson does. not overly confident i'll admit, but i think he'll do far better than Benitez and come at least 5th.

funny how it's me made out as the mental one each time and the one in the wrong but every time i have one of these discussions my rep box fills up by nearly a page with comments saying how much of a twat the rosk, Bunt and mik are. now i don't really mind the rosk personally even though we disagree on football, just saying like. the other two are certainly complete arseholes though. so it's all good :)

Hahaha, what the fuck have I even done you psychopath?

Ringo
July 29th, 2010, 12:31 PM

He's scored 17 goals in all competitions over the last 4 seasons. Don't know where you got 22 from.

/nitpicking

He could prove to be a good signing for Liverpool, and of course I was sad to see him go. If you compare him to Benayoun though, Benayoun has done significantly more over the last couple of years.

The Rosk
July 29th, 2010, 12:33 PM
fair enough. not really worth arguing about n all.

Is that because you made it up? I guessed so.

jesus sucks
July 29th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Is that because you made it up? I guessed so.

for a man who has just spent 2 or 3 pages making things up that's rich to call someone else a liar. maybe that's why you are such an unpopular figure?

every single one of your opinions on Liverpool is a lie or a massive exaggeration.

Mik
July 29th, 2010, 12:44 PM
Again Tim, kindly explain why I am such a figure of hate for you. Since you've returned I'd be surprised if I've devoted more than 4 or 5 posts to you, in spite of some of your RIDICULOUS opinions on football and your horrendous bias towards Liverpool. In fact even my post today was more in regards to your pig-headed ignorance (ie I wont listen to anyone who isnt from Liverpool when it comes to this matter), whereas Rosk has had more dealings with you in the last day alone. Why the hate Tim? What have I ever done?

The Rosk
July 29th, 2010, 12:49 PM
for a man who has just spent 2 or 3 pages making things up that's rich to call someone else a liar. maybe that's why you are such an unpopular figure?

every single one of your opinions on Liverpool is a lie or a massive exaggeration.

You have been shown up as a liar, Tim. Everything I have said has been true, unless Torres comes back as good as he was before the injury. I'll concede that if/when he does.

jesus sucks
July 29th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Again Tim, kindly explain why I am such a figure of hate for you. Since you've returned I'd be surprised if I've devoted more than 4 or 5 posts to you, in spite of some of your RIDICULOUS opinions on football and your horrendous bias towards Liverpool. In fact even my post today was more in regards to your pig-headed ignorance (ie I wont listen to anyone who isnt from Liverpool when it comes to this matter), whereas Rosk has had more dealings with you in the last day alone. Why the hate Tim? What have I ever done?

nothing important. i came back and tried to be alright with everyone, which was what i told the mods i would do. you're one of 4 or 5 posters that didn't seem interested and would reply to things with a snide response so fair enough. not a problem. you don't like me, i'm not keen on you. i don't look out for your posts or reply to you. so that's all tbh

Mik
July 29th, 2010, 12:56 PM
I think that you may be mistaking me for someone else. I campaigned for you to be allowed back for years. I've barely ever responded to you since you came back. Every now and again you'll post something too ridiculous to be unable to resist comment, but then EVERYONE mocks your football opinions because they are insane and horrendously biased. What can I say?

MMH
July 29th, 2010, 1:10 PM
Just out of interest...

How exactly has Torres not had a holiday for 3 years? I have heard that a few times and dont quite understand how that works?

jesus sucks
July 29th, 2010, 1:11 PM
well i'll retract calling you an arsehole Mik, uncalled for from me. you have been snide comments but it doesn't really matter as it's only rajahs and we can just forget it and start again.

as far as the football topic goes clearly only one person is mental and i'm afraid it's your mate the rosk. nothing i've said has been over the top or wrong in any way. he on the other hand has made sweeping statement after sweeping statement, all of it lies or exaggeration. i know it's funny to make me out as the insane one, but when we all turn the computer off in a minute and stand at the window we all know i didn't say anything crazy or wrong and it was all the Rosk. i remember him as a normal bloke but something has snapped and he has lost his mind. you know him in real life so be careful not to end up the same way as him.

The Rosk
July 29th, 2010, 1:21 PM
Hold on weren't you the one who tried to get Cuncha sacked in real life by finding out where he worked and shit?

God I missed you...

Lazurus
July 29th, 2010, 1:27 PM
Hold on; he hates someone more than me now? Yesss.

Fuck you guys, stop bullying JS.

turdpower
July 29th, 2010, 1:31 PM
Just out of interest...

How exactly has Torres not had a holiday for 3 years? I have heard that a few times and dont quite understand how that works?

Probably to do with all these airlines going bust. Must just be unlucky with the companies he picks.

Lawson
July 29th, 2010, 1:47 PM
Just out of interest...

Yeah, "holiday" is the wrong term. He's one of those who haven't had a full summer break since 06/07.

End of 07/08 - Euros
End of 08/09 - Confederations Cup
End of 09/10 - World Cup

Lazurus
July 29th, 2010, 1:51 PM
He didn't do much this summer though to be fair. The most effort he put in was lifting the World Cup for all those photos.

MMH
July 29th, 2010, 2:01 PM
Yeah, "holiday" is the wrong term. He's one of those who haven't had a full summer break since 06/07.

End of 07/08 - Euros
End of 08/09 - Confederations Cup
End of 09/10 - World Cup

Right fair enough.

Hes been injured a lot though so its not like he has been playing non stop. I reckon its a rubbish excuse stuff like that (with anyone, not just in this case) playing a domestic season and then playing another one straight away (like Scandanavia for example) fair enough.

Lazurus
July 29th, 2010, 8:25 PM
Rumour has it that Scott Parker handed in a transfer request today. I really hope that's true.

Andy
July 29th, 2010, 8:26 PM
Rumour also has it that Cagliari deliberately got a pre-season game abandoned for fighting in protest at them selling us their goalkeeper. :\

Alf
July 30th, 2010, 4:55 AM
No... it's because the two regions that the teams come from (Corsica and Sardinia I think) are ENEMIES.

Simon
July 30th, 2010, 9:59 AM
Bristol City have signed David James apparently. Seems an odd choice given a number of Premier League sides had expressed an interest, but at least it shows he just wants to keep playing football. Fair play.

Bad Collin
July 30th, 2010, 10:51 AM
It makes sense, he won't have to move and he is more likely to get a coaching role there.

turdpower
July 30th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Did Spurs ever bid for him in January or was it all bollocks?

Simon
July 30th, 2010, 12:13 PM
His name probably came up in Redknapp's complete list of every player he's ever rated.

thegoat
July 30th, 2010, 1:08 PM
James lives in Exeter, its probably an even easier commute than Portsmouth was to Bristol.

jesus sucks
July 31st, 2010, 7:50 AM
http://www.birminghammail.net/birmingham-sport/aston-villa-fc/aston-villa-news/2010/07/31/aston-villa-quash-claims-of-liverpool-fc-move-for-stilyan-petrov-97319-26967929/

so after what i was saying about the Evertonian that controls the press linking us with loads of shit players to wind up the fans turns out the latest one, Stilian Petrov, who is obviously total shite and a shit player, isn't true at all and Martin Oneill says we haven't made a bid for him.

Mik
July 31st, 2010, 7:58 AM
Which Evertonian Press started that rumour then?

jesus sucks
July 31st, 2010, 8:03 AM
David Prentice Echo sports editor, and Phil McNulty of the BBC are the ones making the stories up and feeding the media. mainly Prentice though, he's the one who coined the people club stuff to david moyes.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 31st, 2010, 8:13 AM

I bet Tim just sits watching SSN like this, cursing the media.

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj280/JONATHANTHEGREAT_2007/hranhe.gif

jesus sucks
July 31st, 2010, 8:15 AM
i wish i did, that man with the cereal is an internet legend.

Star fruit surf rider
July 31st, 2010, 10:05 AM
JS is right.

This forum has got a lot of Sky Sports fans.

Rupert Murdoch controls this country one way or another.

Ringo
July 31st, 2010, 4:27 PM
BREAKING NEWS

Liverpool re-sign Fabio Aurelio on two year contract!

Andy
July 31st, 2010, 4:33 PM
Decent signing. Never understood why they didn't offer him an extension in the first place.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 31st, 2010, 4:38 PM
Probably due to him being permanently injured.

Lawson
July 31st, 2010, 5:07 PM
We offered him a pay-as-you-play which he turned down.

I'll guess this deal is an improvement on that, but I'm not much fussed by that turnaround. Good player when fit and, well, it's just rather nice having a left-back again.

jesus sucks
July 31st, 2010, 7:48 PM
i can still vividly remember exactly how i felt the moment Fabio Aurelio bent it like Beckham 35 yards into the top corner at Old Toilet that day, you know. when we twatted them 4-1 in the pit. that was the best one because you just knew we'd beat them when he did that. no comeback. was in the bar in town with all my mates and a load of local scouse cunts too but everyone is on the same side when a goal like that goes in. was pandemonium like. was better than winning the champions league to be honest. good times.

Mik
July 31st, 2010, 8:20 PM
was pandemonium like. was better than winning the champions league to be honest. good times.

I doubt that.

JIJ
August 1st, 2010, 2:36 AM
What's the point in trying to argue that Mik?

Mik
August 1st, 2010, 6:30 AM
I'm wanting to flag up to him that its not his general opinions why people ridicule him, its his audacious over-exaggerations.

Star fruit surf rider
August 1st, 2010, 6:50 AM
Maybe he did think it was better though?

You can't really argue someone's personal opinion if it is just based upon feelings and emotion and not fact.

Mik
August 1st, 2010, 7:02 AM
I've known Tim long enough to know when he's talking shite.

It's like my 5-a-side team. We won our league last season. The last game of the season we went up against one of our rivals teams, if they had won, they would've won the league. One of our former players is the captain of this team. We scored first and then he evened it up with a low close range drilled shot that went through my legs in goal. He was very proud of this. However ultimately we won the game 5-2. At the end of the game he said that he didnt care because nutmegging me was better than winning the league. Now we both knew that this was nonsense, he was over-exaggerating the importance of something that he DID achieve to make up for the fact that he DIDNT achieve anything else.

Just like Tim did.

It worries me that you genuinely cant see through something so transparent, or perhaps you're just being contrary because that is your nature. Even JIJ didnt seem to believe him, he just didnt think that there was any point in contradicting him on the matter.

Star fruit surf rider
August 1st, 2010, 7:13 AM
, he was over-exaggerating the importance of something that he DID achieve to make up for the fact that he DIDNT achieve anything else.

Just like Tim did.

But he was comparing it to winning the Champions League.

Which they DID achieve.

I fail to see how your interesting example is in any way relevent.

Mik
August 1st, 2010, 7:22 AM
They didnt win the Champions League that year, they won fuck all that year. Their entire season hinged around a dominant victory over their non-geographical rivals, that was all they achieved. You seriously cant see how he's over-exaggerating the importance of that to try and make up for a dire season? Anyone who tells me that they'd rather beat Man Utd than win the Premiership, or win the Champions League is talking absolute nonsense and you're a buffoon for beliving/defending him.

Star fruit surf rider
August 1st, 2010, 7:52 AM
They didnt win the Champions League that year, they won fuck all that year. Their entire season hinged around a dominant victory over their non-geographical rivals, that was all they achieved. You seriously cant see how he's over-exaggerating the importance of that to try and make up for a dire season? Anyone who tells me that they'd rather beat Man Utd than win the Premiership, or win the Champions League is talking absolute nonsense and you're a buffoon for beliving/defending him.
This is like having a discussion with a robot.

Your post makes total logical sense...

But what about FEELINGS and RAW EMOTION Mik???

If we EVER win at Pride Park I would probably come in my pants and shit myself at the exact same time. You can't get that from a textbook.

Mik
August 1st, 2010, 7:58 AM
Is there any point that you wont argue for the sake of being contrary? I'm perfectly well aware of how it feels to defeat your rivals. It is incredibly emotional. Now take that emotion and imagine it proving yourself to be the best team in the country, or in Europe by winning the Champions League or the Premiership, the two would not compare, particularly as Liverpool quite regularly defeat Man Utd, so its not like its a once in a life-time thing.

I dont doubt that he felt marvellous when Liverpool beat Manchester United, I imagine many Liverpool fans would have felt the same. However, the pinnacle of club sporting achievement in this country is winning the Premiership and in Europe it is winning the Champions League. Had they done that he might've considered the victory over Man Utd to be the cherry on top of the cake, however it wouldnt have been the whole cake. We both know this.

jesus sucks
August 1st, 2010, 9:41 AM
i was comparing the twatting of them 4-1 at old toilet to the moment when dudek saved the penalty in 2005. so really all your analysis of me somehow making up for not winning it in 2009 (:\) is unnecessary. i wasn't trying to say the achievement of beating man united in 2009 was better than Barcelona's winning the CL in 2009. there are a couple of goals down the years that i've personally enjoyed and celebrated more than the moment we won in istanbul. which is a bit annoying for me as it's probably the only time we will ever win it in the near future. there's a few goals VS everton i have taken more personal pleasure from than winning the CL, because in real life i'd been taking shit from everton fans in the buildup.

since i'm a champions league winner and you're not Mik you'll have to just take my word on this i'm afraid.

Mik
August 1st, 2010, 9:45 AM
No I dont mate. You can state your ridiculous exaggerations and opinions and I can ridicule, scrutinise and disbelieve them. Thats the beauty of this place.

jesus sucks
August 1st, 2010, 9:53 AM
It's like my 5-a-side team. We won our league last season. The last game of the season we went up against one of our rivals teams, if they had won, they would've won the league. One of our former players is the captain of this team. We scored first and then he evened it up with a low close range drilled shot that went through my legs in goal. He was very proud of this.

and i've known you long enough to know this must have absolutely killed you. despite whether you went on to win the league or not.

jesus sucks
August 1st, 2010, 9:56 AM
No I dont mate. You can state your ridiculous exaggerations and opinions and I can ridicule, scrutinise and disbelieve them. Thats the beauty of this place.

awesome. so in turn you won't have a problem and start replying with sarcastic comments to me when i ridicule The Rosk for his overreactions then. the fact you're best-bum chums with that bloke in real life voids all your opinions on anyone else in the world overreacting.

BBF
August 1st, 2010, 9:59 AM
Bum chums is a superb expression.

doyoulickadickaday?

Mik
August 1st, 2010, 9:59 AM

and i've known you long enough to know this must have absolutely killed you. despite whether you went on to win the league or not.

Actually no, not at all. I'm surprisingly not very competitive at all. I'm also capable of seeing the bigger picture. I play football three times a week and conceeding one goal, regardless of how it goes in, has little impact to me compared to the overall result. As it transpires, that was my first game back in goal after about 3 years, so I was pleased to just keep it down to 2 and to get the win.

awesome. so in turn you won't have a problem and start replying with sarcastic comments to me when i ridicule The Rosk for his overreactions then. the fact you're best-bum chums with that bloke in real life voids all your opinions on anyone else in the world overreacting.

If he over-exaggerates more than you over-exaggerate, then feel free. Your problem is the scope that you've got. You cant compare what you do to what others do, you tell a MASSIVE exaggeration and then think its less of an exaggeration than someone who tells a minor exaggeration. You've never had much self-awareness.

Star fruit surf rider
August 1st, 2010, 11:43 AM
Is there any point that you wont argue for the sake of being contrary? .

i can still vividly remember exactly how i felt the moment Fabio Aurelio bent it like Beckham 35 yards into the top corner at Old Toilet that day, you know. when we twatted them 4-1 in the pit. that was the best one because you just knew we'd beat them when he did that. no comeback. was in the bar in town with all my mates and a load of local scouse cunts too but everyone is on the same side when a goal like that goes in. was pandemonium like. was better than winning the champions league to be honest. good times.

I doubt that.

:blah:

jesus sucks
August 1st, 2010, 11:56 AM
the problem arises from the fact he has to imagine Sunderland winning the champions league to enter into valid discussion about that particular point. i don't need to imagine. so really there's no point a sunderland fan dissecting my opinion. they can only see one side, which is that they would cheer more for sunderland winning the CL than beating man united 4-1 in the toilet. since i've experienced both and cheered more when Aurelio scored to seal our famous win than when Dudek saved the penalty i can view it from all angles. he can't and never will be able to, which is why he got annoyed with me.

Simon
August 2nd, 2010, 4:16 AM
A couple of players perennially linked with a transfer to the Prem have moved - Dieumerci Mbokani has gone to Monaco, and Miguel Veloso has gone to Genoa.

The Rosk
August 2nd, 2010, 8:40 AM
Julzdyer wrote

Somebody on the LET website is claiming that blackburn rovers are calling a press conference for tomorrow to announce 2.2M signing of Emile Heskey after a bid was accepted yesterday

LET is Lancashire Evening Telegraph and they have a story that the Blackburn chariman is confident of capturing a mystery PL forward after upping a bid.

PLEASE GOD PELASE GOD PLEASE GOD

Lagom
August 2nd, 2010, 8:46 AM
Mate, I don't know how you could wish that on anyone else.

Rumours of us signing Steven Defour to replace Mascherano should he leave will not go away, has anyone actually seen him play? I know he's quality on FM, and highly rated, but i don't think i've ever actually seen him.

MMH
August 2nd, 2010, 8:50 AM
Mate, I don't know how you could wish that on anyone else.

Rumours of us signing Steven Defour to replace Mascherano should he leave will not go away, has anyone actually seen him play? I know he's quality on FM, and highly rated, but i don't think i've ever actually seen him.

Hes quality. Saw him play us twice in Europe and he was excellent. He wouldnt be a replacement for Mascherano though as he is much more attack minded. Has had a lot of injuries lately though.

The Rosk
August 2nd, 2010, 8:52 AM
I watched a few of his games following links with us last season. He is fucking great.

Murphy
August 2nd, 2010, 9:01 AM
The Mirror is saying that Spurs are trying to offload Crouch for 7m. Fulham and Liverpool are potential destinations, according to this shit source.

Star fruit surf rider
August 2nd, 2010, 9:03 AM
Chelsea fans.

Ryan Bertrand? Is he, as wikipedia tells me, "the next Ashley Cole"?

If so, that will do.

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/forest/Forest-boss-Davies-sends-warning-ready/article-2478309-detail/article.html

Andy
August 2nd, 2010, 10:50 AM
Julzdyer wrote

Somebody on the LET website is claiming that blackburn rovers are calling a press conference for tomorrow to announce 2.2M signing of Emile Heskey after a bid was accepted yesterday

LET is Lancashire Evening Telegraph and they have a story that the Blackburn chariman is confident of capturing a mystery PL forward after upping a bid.

PLEASE GOD PELASE GOD PLEASE GOD

Skysports.com understands Portsmouth's John Utaka is Blackburn's mystery transfer target.

Blackburn chairman John Williams revealed that the club had made an increased offer for an unnamed striker as they look to bolster their attacking options and it is understood Utaka is the player in question.

Portsmouth are willing to sell the Nigerian international as they look to cut their costs following their relegation from the Premier League.

The likes of Bolton, Sunderland and Fulham have been credited with an interest in the 28-year-old, but it appears Rovers are leading the chase for Utaka's signature.

A number of foreign sides are also believed to be keen on signing Utaka, but the player is understood to be keen to stay in England and Rovers could offer him that opportunity.

Oh well.

Simon
August 2nd, 2010, 11:16 AM
I swear Sam Allardyce's scouting method is just to search for players with either pace or strength 20 on Football Manager.

Ringo
August 2nd, 2010, 3:32 PM
Chelsea fans.

If so, that will do.

http://www.thisisnottingham.co.uk/forest/Forest-boss-Davies-sends-warning-ready/article-2478309-detail/article.html

He's solid and I wouldn't be surprised if he was one day good enough to play for England. TraXX would be a good man to ask as he was on loan at Norwich for one and a half seasons and he'd have seen him week in week out. Last year he had another excellent year with Reading from what I saw/heard.

I'm not sure why we'd bother to loan him out to the Championship again though. He's proven himself to be of a good standard in that league, so I'd have thought we'd either sell him permanently or try and loan him to a Premiership club and if things went well he'd demand a higher fee.

Unfortunately we have an even better Left Back prospect in Patrick van Aanholt so he's unlikely to see many opportunities here. It looks as though Ancelotti has picked PVA as Ashley Cole's likely successor.

da_man
August 2nd, 2010, 4:01 PM
Utaka, Heskey, Beattie ??

Fucking depressing.

Alf
August 3rd, 2010, 8:01 AM
Ramires to Chelsea for 17m APPAZ. BBC have it on their site.

BBF
August 3rd, 2010, 8:05 AM
Good signing. He looked mint during the world cup.

This is the first proper right midfielder Chelsea would've had for ages too I think.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 3rd, 2010, 8:39 AM
Ramires looks pretty average. 17 million seems very steep. Not sure who he is replacing for them, he's not a play-maker, pretty much just a big athlete.

Simon
August 3rd, 2010, 8:47 AM
All he does is run around, I can only think they are getting him as a worker in midfield to free up Lampard and whoever else.

Star fruit surf rider
August 3rd, 2010, 8:49 AM
He's solid and I wouldn't be surprised if he was one day good enough to play for England. TraXX would be a good man to ask as he was on loan at Norwich for one and a half seasons and he'd have seen him week in week out. Last year he had another excellent year with Reading from what I saw/heard.

I'm not sure why we'd bother to loan him out to the Championship again though. He's proven himself to be of a good standard in that league, so I'd have thought we'd either sell him permanently or try and loan him to a Premiership club and if things went well he'd demand a higher fee.

Unfortunately we have an even better Left Back prospect in Patrick van Aanholt so he's unlikely to see many opportunities here. It looks as though Ancelotti has picked PVA as Ashley Cole's likely successor.
Cheers. Yeah I think we have been linked with him at some point too.

In fact, I think we have been linked with every available left back in the country at some point.

Seeing as, and I will say this again because it is so ludicrous, we HAVEN'T HAD A FIT LEFT BACK SINCE DECEMBER 2008. :mad:

Winkle van Tinkle
August 3rd, 2010, 8:49 AM
Franz Carr?

Star fruit surf rider
August 3rd, 2010, 8:54 AM
Franz Carr?
He was a right winger who played in the 80's.

I assume you know that but I'm not sure.

Winkle van Tinkle
August 3rd, 2010, 8:58 AM
He was a right winger who played in the 80's.

I assume you know that but I'm not sure.

YES I GENUINELY THOUGHT HE WAS A MODERN DAY LEFT BACK YOU SHIT

Star fruit surf rider
August 3rd, 2010, 8:59 AM
YES I GENUINELY THOUGHT HE WAS A MODERN DAY LEFT BACK YOU SHIT
I'M SORRY, YOU DON'T COME ACROSS AS VERY KNOWLEDGABLE ABOUT FOOTBALL SO I JUST THOUGHT I WOULD CHECK.

Lagom
August 3rd, 2010, 10:09 AM
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/i-m-at-the-best-club

It's not set in stone for sure, but hopefully this interview means that Tim, BC, Chris Scott and I can rest easy, at least for now. He's looking forward to worlking with Hodgson, playing with Cole and Gerrard, and says we're the best club in the country.

That, along with what now looks a likely takeover, maybe signals a bit of a change in our fortunes for the better.

Fingers crossed.

Simon
August 3rd, 2010, 10:11 AM
All it means is you keep him for another unsuccessful season, he gets more injuries and you sell him for even less next season.

JIJ
August 3rd, 2010, 10:16 AM
Taarabt for 1m is the rumour. 600k up front and the rest in future payments.

What a steal :lol:

Simon
August 3rd, 2010, 10:22 AM
Yeah just got told about that by my mate earlier. A steal for you maybe but he was a waste of space for us sadly. Unbelievable talent but a fundamental inability to harness it. Hope he does well for you lot though.

Alf
August 3rd, 2010, 10:45 AM
Yeah, he's a weird one.

I haven't seen him for QPR, but for us he plays like he has no footballing brain whatsoever.

And he just doesn't look arsed.

Simon
August 3rd, 2010, 10:50 AM
I've said it before but there is something both beautiful and heartbreaking seeing him skin five players as he waltzes down a cul-de-sac towards the corner flag.

Alf
August 3rd, 2010, 10:55 AM
Or doing an amazing bit of skill and then passing it to no-one.

Lazurus
August 3rd, 2010, 11:01 AM
His best skill is to ruin a midfielder with a nutmeg or something similar only to then step on the ball, look up, and allow that same player to get between him and the goal again.

At times he'll do this to four players in one go.

I calculate that in order to run the length of the field and then score from 6 yards out he'd need to beat 1657 men.

TraXX
August 3rd, 2010, 11:32 AM
Chelsea fans.

If so, that will do.

I doubt he'll reach those levels, but he certainly has the potential to be a good mid-table level left back. He's better going forward than he is defending, as is the case for most full backs nowadays. If he's going to your lot, with the experience he's garnered from both Reading and Norwich, then I'd say he's a great capture. :yes:

JIJ
August 3rd, 2010, 12:02 PM
How do you three know the guy so well considering he's only played for Spurs 9 times??

Alf
August 3rd, 2010, 12:06 PM
I didn't say I did know him well. I can only judge what I've seen. I even said I hadn't seen him play for QPR.

Every time I've seen him play he's done something magical, and then something astonishingly stupid/shit.

For the warm up in one of the yank games the other day, all the other lads were doing the drills they were asked to do, and he just stood there flicking the ball up. Then when they were doing their passing in triangles warmup he was just trying to do skills and kept fucking it and hoofing the ball in the air. He's odd.

But yeah, I have no idea how he's done for QPR. Maybe he just knows he has no future at Spurs so can't be fucked.

Winkle van Tinkle
August 3rd, 2010, 12:40 PM
I've seen him play for QPR, and he's a show pony who doesn't play for the team.

Lazurus
August 3rd, 2010, 12:57 PM
How do you three know the guy so well considering he's only played for Spurs 9 times??

He's played more than 9 times for Spurs and I've seen him play in other games, all the same I think 9 games would be plenty to assess a player.

JIJ
August 3rd, 2010, 1:08 PM
9 sporadic appearances is not nearly enough you clown.

Star fruit surf rider
August 3rd, 2010, 1:13 PM
He's played more than 9 times for Spurs and I've seen him play in other games, all the same I think 9 games would be plenty to assess a player.

According to Wikipedia he has played 9 times.

I can't believe I just looked that up.

Lazurus
August 3rd, 2010, 1:24 PM
Wikipedia's wrong. That's hardly a shock though.

Lazurus
August 3rd, 2010, 1:24 PM
9 sporadic appearances is not nearly enough you clown.

Of course it is. When a club signs a player do you think they scout them for more than 9 matches?

Lagom
August 3rd, 2010, 1:36 PM
All it means is you keep him for another unsuccessful season, he gets more injuries and you sell him for even less next season.

Well, as long as he spends less time out than Woodgate and King, i'm fine with that

Andy
August 3rd, 2010, 3:46 PM
Another strange transfer - Bruno Alves is going to Zenit. Would've thought he could've had the pick of any European club. :\

Lazurus
August 3rd, 2010, 3:55 PM
His take home wage will be higher there than pretty much anywhere else he could go.

Ringo
August 3rd, 2010, 3:56 PM
According to Wikipedia he has played 9 times.

I can't believe I just looked that up.

You're wrong. According to Wikipedia he has played 16 times. 9 times in the League. Might help to use your eyes :)

Lazurus
August 3rd, 2010, 3:59 PM
You're wrong. According to Wikipedia he has played 16 times. 9 times in the League. Might help to use your eyes :)

And that's not counting a number of non competitive appearences too.

Is that not enough to assess a player?

Star fruit surf rider
August 3rd, 2010, 4:59 PM
I meant league games, cock head.

Lazurus
August 3rd, 2010, 5:14 PM
Because you can only see the quality of a player by league games. In other games you'd have no idea.

Star fruit surf rider
August 3rd, 2010, 5:19 PM
Yeah you could have played Mansfield in the cup.

radon
August 3rd, 2010, 11:39 PM
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/i-m-at-the-best-club

It's not set in stone for sure, but hopefully this interview means that Tim, BC, Chris Scott and I can rest easy, at least for now. He's looking forward to worlking with Hodgson, playing with Cole and Gerrard, and says we're the best club in the country.

That, along with what now looks a likely takeover, maybe signals a bit of a change in our fortunes for the better.

Fingers crossed.

and me you bastard :(

The Rosk
August 4th, 2010, 3:30 AM
Best club in the country sffdrdda

A few rumblings that City and Villa are closer to a deal for Milner, 20m + Ireland. If he doesn't go mental that would be a good deal for us.

Simon
August 4th, 2010, 4:06 AM
Yeah like I said before Ireland is potentially as good as Milner. Certainly he's had a better season (08/09) than Milner has ever had, one shit season where he was pretty much pushed out from the start doesn't change that.

Simon
August 4th, 2010, 4:08 AM
Because you can only see the quality of a player by league games. In other games you'd have no idea.

Ahahaha. Murdered.

Also JIJ, believe it or not it is possible to watch QPR games on Sky sometimes, and read reports of games to see how players are doing :eek:

The Rosk
August 4th, 2010, 5:48 AM
Thinking about it, essentially swapping Milner for Ireland, Keane, McGeady and cash would be a ridiculous deal. Get on it MON. I fucking love you Jimmy but you have broken my heart.

Star fruit surf rider
August 4th, 2010, 8:50 AM
In more interesting news we have ALLEGEDLY signed Peter Whittingham for 2million.

Bit worried he is a one season wonder as I always though he was fairly average before last season, but 20 odd goals from midfield is not to be sniffed at.

And also ALLEGEDLY, Chelsea put the brakes on that move for Ryan Bertrand until Cole sorts his future out.

BBF
August 4th, 2010, 8:52 AM
I think its commonly accepted to use APPAZ mate :yes:

I heard you had a 1m bid for Whittingham rejected and that Cardiff were after 2.5. I guess 2mil is a compromise.

Star fruit surf rider
August 4th, 2010, 9:12 AM
I think its commonly accepted to use APPAZ mate :yes:

I heard you had a 1m bid for Whittingham rejected and that Cardiff were after 2.5. I guess 2mil is a compromise.
It is also common to use the word ridiculous completely out of context on here which is another practice I don't follow. It is ridiculous.

The Rosk
August 4th, 2010, 9:16 AM
In more interesting news we have ALLEGEDLY signed Peter Whittingham for 2million.

Bit worried he is a one season wonder as I always though he was fairly average before last season, but 20 odd goals from midfield is not to be sniffed at.

And also ALLEGEDLY, Chelsea put the brakes on that move for Ryan Bertrand until Cole sorts his future out.

Whittingham was always decent down the Villa. Quite shocked when we sold him, and we're in the Premiership. If you need help down the left he is a good signing.

Chris Scott
August 4th, 2010, 9:19 AM

Or we could one again finish in the top four like the previous seasons before last with Torres still banging in 20+ goals injury free.

The Rosk
August 4th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Injury free :lol:

Simon
August 4th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Isn't Torres currently injured?

Lazurus
August 4th, 2010, 10:15 AM
I think his foot fell off the day before he commited his future to the team.

Chris Scott
August 4th, 2010, 10:23 AM
No Torres is back in full training and as fit as a fiddle.

The Rosk
August 4th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Is his pace back? Or is he still as slow as Paul McGrath after being shot in both knees.