PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 [59] 60 61 62 63 64

RuneEdge
August 5th, 2015, 9:00 AM
I dont think anyone's doubting Pedro's quality. I think the general opinion is that Pedro is better than the Di Maria we saw at United last season, and most importantly that Pedro would suit LvG's style better than Di Maria would.
The concern is that potentially Di Maria at his best is one of the best players in the world. And after getting last season's desperate reach for 4th out of the way, LvG might have been more willing to use and let Di Maria play to the best of his ability this season.
It depends on how you look at it. Are you comparing Pedro to Di Maria's last season? or the Di Maria from Real Madrid and potentially what we could have seen this season?

Either way, the move to PSG is done and everyone wants to move on.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 5th, 2015, 9:19 AM
I have seen a lot of people doubt Pedro's quality. That's why I said this.

Di Maria is a fantastic player, but I don't believe there is a gulf in quality between him and Pedro. Pedro has been as effective a player throughout his career, his achievements, stats and performances reflect that. People are really over-emphasising the difference in style in terms of a gap in quality. I think people are going to be very surprised at how good Pedro really is.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 5th, 2015, 9:25 AM
To put it into context, Alexis Sanchez was in the same position last summer and he went on to become arguably the best player in the Premier League last season. Pedro isn't going to be the same kind of player, but he's likely to bring a lot of pace, intelligent movement, good passing, reliable finishing and high pressing to United's attack. He would improve any of the top 4 teams.

Mik
August 5th, 2015, 1:11 PM
Sunderland could have loans deals for M'Vila, Leroy Fer and Januzaj wrapped up soon. Only loans but it would be hard not to be optimistic if all of those were pulled off.

Fer is our second failed medical of the year. I'd be happy with M'Vila and Januzaj though.

RuneEdge
August 5th, 2015, 2:12 PM
Fer failed a medical at Everton before joining Norwich. Apparently both medicals were failed because of the same long term knee injury.

In other news, Spurs are currently playing Milan, where Harry Kane was left out of the squad entirely. Commentators confirmed that its because Spurs have received a 40m bid from United. :hyper:

BBF
August 5th, 2015, 2:45 PM
Or cos he played yesterday.

RuneEdge
August 5th, 2015, 2:48 PM
Thats the first thing I thought. I'm just telling you what the commentators said.

son_of_foley
August 5th, 2015, 3:03 PM
If it's a long term issue or risky issue isn't that the point of loaning him

Gary J
August 5th, 2015, 3:09 PM
Sunderland could have loans deals for M'Vila, Leroy Fer and Januzaj wrapped up soon. Only loans but it would be hard not to be optimistic if all of those were pulled off.

I find it would be hard to be optimistic since M'Vila has a questionable attitude , Fer seems to go to teams that get relegated and every time I see Januzaj all he seems to offer is the potential to dive and try and win a penalty.

Darkoke
August 5th, 2015, 3:41 PM
20million odd for Pedro or 40million for Kane :chin: if I was a Utd fan.

RuneEdge
August 5th, 2015, 7:03 PM
I'd rather pay 30m for Pedro and not get Kane, than pay 60m for both of them. But hey, its not my money. So I'll take them both at the rumoured prices.

Kane could be worth half the quoted price if he has an average season, and I havent had any reassurance that he can pull it off again.

Beefy
August 6th, 2015, 2:59 AM
Pull what off? This 'Harry Kane is shit' stuff is getting really tedious.

RuneEdge
August 6th, 2015, 5:00 AM
:wtf:
When did I say he's shit?

Beefy
August 6th, 2015, 5:02 AM
Ummm in your post?

RuneEdge
August 6th, 2015, 5:06 AM
Where? That part where I seemed excited that we might sign this apparently shit player?

RFF Champ
August 6th, 2015, 5:10 AM
It's kind of a fair point though. Kane had a number of loan spells where statistically he played exactly the same way as he played last season but his goal tally was significantly lower. I happen to think he's going to prove a great goalscorer but I think the jury is out on whether he's offering enough when inevitably he goes through a barren spell.

It's like Pelle who was the least clinical striker in the league last year but had that month where he hit the post about 6 times so it's hard to judge if he's unlucky or not up to it. It's only a fine line for Kane's performance to become like that and I think it's perfectly justifiable to be a little wary about spending so much on him.

RFF Champ
August 6th, 2015, 5:13 AM
Equally though Kane's approach is pretty much guaranteed to make him prolific throughout his career and if that's the kind of striker a manager wants at his club then I'd pay the 30 mil now because it's highly likely he gets another 20 next season and who knows what the fee and competition for him will be.

RuneEdge
August 6th, 2015, 5:16 AM
I know he's only 22 years old, but he'd never hit double figures prior to last season, let alone 30 goals. If he got around 10 goals before the winter transfer window, I'd pay 40m-45m or whatever it takes.

Fanny Batter
August 6th, 2015, 5:31 AM
Kane's a quality football player. If he was just a fox in the box and had a good season primarily based on being in the right place at the right time, I'd say there would be a good chance he'd have overachieved last season, but he's got the lot - good feet, can head the ball, peels off the last man excellently, good at reading the line, not afraid to have a dig from range, good shot selection. I think us English have grown accustomed to young strikers going the Bobby Zamora/Andy Johnson route, but I think Kane's performances last season showed a promise much greater than that. In a market where an English player that has not come close to his full potential in Sterling can go for 49million, 40million doesn't relatively seem so obscene. But if they're willing to spend north of 40m they may as well go for Benzema anyway, as PSG will always pay 3/4 of the transfer fee in 2 years when Kane's contract with Spurs will be runnung down if he's still top notch.

BBF
August 6th, 2015, 5:42 AM
The difference I can see is that Sterling has unlimited potential, and Man City have paid partly for that, whereas you get the feeling with Kane that this is how good he is. He's not going to add something to his game now really like Sterling can with his finishing and decision making.

Kane is a solid 7.5/10 at everything and I don't think he's going to improve on that. Sterling might range from 5/10 to 9/10 at some stuff but with the right coaching and approach he could be 9/10 all round which makes his '''''value''''' of 49m easier to justify.

The Rosk
August 6th, 2015, 5:43 AM
This "Harry Kane is a great all-rounder" shit is getting tedious.

RuneEdge
August 7th, 2015, 9:40 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CLzlNrKWoAA-JVp.jpg
New squad numbers announced. Interesting to see #2 and #3 left out. Hopefully it means we're getting a CB or two in before the transfer window shuts. Ideally we'd pick up a player like Otamendi and then get Vlaar on a free once he's fit again.

MMH
August 7th, 2015, 9:46 AM
CBs are not n umber 2 and 3 :mad:

RuneEdge
August 7th, 2015, 10:14 AM
Tell that to Pique, Thiago Silva, Chiellini, etc.

The Rosk
August 7th, 2015, 10:23 AM
They wouldn't understand his accent.

Ringo
August 7th, 2015, 10:52 AM
West Brom signed Gnabry on loan and Rondon is apparently having a medical - 15m. Sound like good signings.

MMH
August 7th, 2015, 10:56 AM
Tell that to Pique, Thiago Silva, Chiellini, etc.

All suave foreigners who cant count.

Peter Griffin
August 7th, 2015, 11:07 AM
The Wright-phillips brothers are 98 and 99 at new York, so pretty sure there is no logic to numbers anymore

Rip
August 7th, 2015, 4:52 PM
Is Ivan Toney any good then, the general opinion seems positive but has anyone seen him play?

son_of_foley
August 7th, 2015, 5:17 PM
Alex has

Ringo
August 9th, 2015, 3:01 PM
Shaqiri was at the Britannia today and Hughes said they're still trying.

They have so many players for their front three attacking positions though. Diouf, Crouch, Joselu, Walters, Afellay, Bojan, Odemwingie, Arnautovic... Shaqiri. And I don't think there's been much talk of any leaving other than Walters who says he's staying.

Chris Scott
August 9th, 2015, 4:47 PM
Everton been linked with him all weekend as well.

Ringo
August 10th, 2015, 11:19 AM
Looks like a done deal now as he's passed his medical.

Joey Barton to West Ham as well.

West Brom also signed Rondon. He and Berahino with Lambert & Brown backing up is a good strike force. Although maybe they're spunking 15m on a striker because Berahino is off.

MMH
August 10th, 2015, 11:22 AM
Everton been linked with him all weekend as well.

We want him on loan. Inter wanted a permanent deal.

Im not too fussed. Hes a fat (yet talented) waster anyway.

Chris Scott
August 10th, 2015, 12:58 PM
Looks like it's going to be another frustrating transfer window for Everton.

MMH
August 10th, 2015, 1:11 PM
Looks like it's going to be another frustrating transfer window for Everton.

I dunno, Martinez says he wants 3 players in on top of Cleverley and Deulofeu. A centre back, a "number 10" and a striker.

WE NEED A GOALIE!

Chris Scott
August 10th, 2015, 1:20 PM
Yeah so frustrating one then.

Mik
August 11th, 2015, 5:46 AM
Please buy some players Sunderland.

The Rosk
August 11th, 2015, 7:01 AM
Apparently we're signing 19 year old Adama Traore from Barcelona. Looks like a tricky winger who isn't as good as Messi. Take it.

Simon
August 11th, 2015, 11:15 AM
Was just coming in here to mention the Traore link. Apparently he is really, really good - I read an article suggesting he would be part of their first-team squad this year, so Villa signing him could be huge.

MMH
August 11th, 2015, 11:52 AM
We were supposed to sign Traore on loan last season. Obviously we didnt and went for Atsu instead.

That turned out well...

RuneEdge
August 11th, 2015, 12:21 PM
I'd heard people talk about him online before. Apparently he's quick but also strong for his age too. He'd be a great signing if Villa can pull it off.

In other news, Shaqiri to Stoke is a done deal.

Peter Griffin
August 11th, 2015, 1:00 PM
Dwight Gayle to Bristol City for 6-8 million? Good move for them if they pull it off I think, seems a lot of cash mind.

Ringo
August 11th, 2015, 1:36 PM
I like Gayle but I'd imagine Palace will be very happy with that given that he's about 8th choice.

Romford Pele
August 11th, 2015, 1:47 PM
I cannot believe Stoke have Bojan, Shakiri and that other fella from Barca. Much as I hate them and Mark Hughes, they have on paper a hell of a side now.

Peter Griffin
August 11th, 2015, 1:48 PM
Affelay.

Romford Pele
August 11th, 2015, 2:48 PM
That's the one

Ringo
August 11th, 2015, 3:36 PM
It's nuts, their squad is full of former prospects. 4/5 years ago if you said Stoke would have Shaqiri, Bojan, Afellay, Muniesa, Arnautovic and Joselu when they were at Basel/Barca/Inter/Real you'd have been laughed at. Even Diouf and Adam had been picked up by United and Liverpool respectively around that time, although those two did always have doubters.

edit: Apparently no squad in the league now has more CL winners in it than Stoke.

Simon
August 11th, 2015, 6:10 PM
Hughes has done an unreal job changing the style and ambition of the club in such a short space of time. From what I caught of the Stoke/Liverpool game it seemed like Johnson and Muniesa are pushing high up from full back as well, a huge change from the days when Pulis would put out four centre backs every week.

Andy
August 11th, 2015, 6:15 PM
The CL winners stat is a bit pointless. Did any of them even play? It's so weird that they have too many of those types of player now. Do they move away from a traditional striker and have four of Bojan, Shaquiri, Affelay, Arnautovic, Joselu across the forward line?

RuneEdge
August 11th, 2015, 6:48 PM
It's nuts, their squad is full of former prospects. 4/5 years ago if you said Stoke would have Shaqiri, Bojan, Afellay, Muniesa, Arnautovic and Joselu when they were at Basel/Barca/Inter/Real you'd have been laughed at. Even Diouf and Adam had been picked up by United and Liverpool respectively around that time, although those two did always have doubters.

edit: Apparently no squad in the league now has more CL winners in it than Stoke.

These players may be "former prospects", but some of them are still young. Bojan, Shaqiri and Muniesa are still around 23 and 24 years old. Its worth giving them a go, in the hope that they may still tap into the potential that got them noticed in the first place.

thegoat
August 11th, 2015, 7:33 PM
The CL winners stat is a bit pointless. Did any of them even play? It's so weird that they have too many of those types of player now. Do they move away from a traditional striker and have four of Bojan, Shaquiri, Affelay, Arnautovic, Joselu across the forward line?

Do you derive any joy from football at all?

It's just a pleasant little quirk isn't it? No one is saying it and expecting people to go away thinking 'Clever Stoke secretly amassing all those Champions League players they will probably mount a title challenge this year!' It's just quite enjoyable, particularly for their fans, to be able to say they have more Champions League winners than Chelsea, Man Utd etc.

Ringo
August 11th, 2015, 7:39 PM
What goat said. Could've added a ":D" after that stat.

Anyway Joselu is a proper striker and I think he could end up displacing Diouf. I wonder if they'll play Bojan off him when he's fit and use Shaqiri and one of Afellay/Arnautovic out wide. Not sure if only two of Whelan/Adam/van Ginkel is enough in midfield though.

Beefy
August 12th, 2015, 3:50 AM
Was Shaqiri that highly rated before the World Cup? Its always seemed to me like he's made a career and a lot of money off of a few goals against Honduras in Brazil.

Peter Griffin
August 12th, 2015, 5:15 AM
Well he got a move to bayern well before then, so he must of been fairly well rated.

Beefy
August 12th, 2015, 5:32 AM
Plenty of big teams buy shit players.

MMH
August 12th, 2015, 7:57 AM
Yes he was highly rated before the world cup.

Beefy
August 12th, 2015, 8:08 AM
It is all relative though. Aaron Lennon was highly rated once. Bayern didn't pay a huge amount for him and he played significantly less than half of the games there that he was eligible for.

If he doesn't score three goals against Hunduras I don't think this signing would be wowing anyone.

RuneEdge
August 12th, 2015, 8:38 AM
If you're downplaying the transfer that I'd guess you probably hadnt heard much about the player. Shaqiri only had two whole seasons at Bayern, where he was injured for a large chunk of the second one. Plus he was being used as a right winger, so you're asking him to replace Arjen Robben. He was being highly rated back then before the World Cup. It's just that things didnt work out for him.

RuneEdge
August 12th, 2015, 9:53 AM
Sergio Ramos has apparently got his contract extension. And Man Utd have almost wrapped up a deal for Otamendi.

Him and Pedro could make for a good week. :yes:

Peter Griffin
August 12th, 2015, 10:02 AM
I might cry if the rumours about Joey Barton coming to Derby are true.

Romford Pele
August 12th, 2015, 11:33 AM
Gahahahaha

Gary J
August 12th, 2015, 4:16 PM
I thought Shaqiri got highly rated over here because of Basel knocking Man Utd out of the champs league a few years ago. I seem to remember him and a few others getting hyped after that.

RuneEdge
August 13th, 2015, 7:19 AM
Villa trying to get Jose Fonte according to Sky.

The Rosk
August 13th, 2015, 7:30 AM
Why would he come to us?

Oh yeah that's right, we've won every single game we've played this season. Ferrrrrrrkkkkkkoooooffffffff.

Mik
August 13th, 2015, 7:46 AM
Can't argue with a 100% record.

RuneEdge
August 14th, 2015, 5:51 AM
Adama Traore to Villa is a done deal. Confirmation on their twitter.

Ringo
August 14th, 2015, 5:52 AM
They've actually signed Adama from Barca now as well. Everyone wants to play for Big Tim.

Edit runeedge :zzz:

RuneEdge
August 16th, 2015, 3:55 PM
Guillem Balague is saying Otamendi to City is done. City will pay €40m plus Mangala on loan.

Looks like Daley Blind will carry on at CB. :mad:

El Capitano Gatisto
August 16th, 2015, 4:02 PM
I didn't see any Spanish football last season, so the last time I saw Otamendi play was at the 2010 World Cup where he looked a bit turd. I'm interested in seeing how good he is now to have managed to have basically trebled his cost after one season in Spain at 27 years old. It seems a weird one all round. Apparently he was really good last year.

RuneEdge
August 16th, 2015, 4:14 PM
I only saw him in Copa America where he was decent, alongside Rojo and Garay. People were saying he was the best CB in La Liga last season.

I'm a bit annoyed with how majority of fans were calling for us to sign him up instead of wasting time trying to get Ramos (which wasn't likely to happen), and now it looks like we're about to miss out on both.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 16th, 2015, 4:23 PM
I suppose the question is whether he is much better than what United have already, particularly for the price paid. For City, if he has two working legs he'll be better than Mangala, while Demichelis is getting on a bit now. Otamendi couldn't make the Argentinian 2014 World Cup squad in a side that aren't exactly flush with great defenders, which is why I wonder how he has ended up so hyped this summer. Possibly he has a good agent. There's a premium on centre-backs at the moment because there are so few decent ones about too.

The Rosk
August 16th, 2015, 4:29 PM
Is Benzema actually going to Arsenal?

son_of_foley
August 16th, 2015, 4:32 PM
Yes but maybe not till Jan keep him in rff till then

RuneEdge
August 16th, 2015, 4:37 PM
Thing is, if we were playing with two proper CBs, and we were doing well defensively, I'd accept that maybe we don't need anyone. But seeing Blind playing there makes me wonder why he havent just gone out and bought an actual CB instead. I guess we still have Rojo to come back, who could end up proving that we dont need to sign anyone else.

I get the feeling that Blind is probably going to stay on as a CB this season. LvG knows he's not going to get any games in midfield anymore with the competition there, so he's trying to shoehorn him into the team somehow. At the end of the day, if he continues to keep clean sheets and get the job done, I shouldnt be complaining. But there's a good chance that his weaknesses wont get exposed until the tougher fixtures later on after the transfer window is shut.

Andy
August 16th, 2015, 5:38 PM
Otamendi is a weird one. Seems similar to Garay last year who was massively hyped then ended up at Zenit.

I'm surprised no one has at least made an attempt for Hummels or Subotic. They've probably overrated considering the sheer amount of talk about them but you'd think a CL club would be interested.

RuneEdge
August 16th, 2015, 6:03 PM
Hummels would probably be my #1 choice. I thought he's been great for club and country over the last year or so. United were linked with him for a while, but he came out and said he doesnt want to leave BVB, so the chances of that deal is dead.

Ringo
August 19th, 2015, 9:08 AM
In case you've been hiding under a rock for the past 24 hours, Chelsea have reportedly gazumped another Premier League rival to a transfer target, agreeing a deal with FC Barcelona for Pedro Rodriguez when the player looked certain to join the Red Devils. How did this come to pass? If ESPN is to be believed, it involved the help of a player currently on the books at United:

ESPN FC was told that conversations with former Barcelona teammates such as Cesc Fabregas and Victor Valdes have caused Pedro to reconsider his own first preference. Fabregas enjoyed a successful debut season with Chelsea, winning the Premier League, while Valdes has been marginalised under Van Gaal at United.

Cheers Victor.

RuneEdge
August 19th, 2015, 9:15 AM
:dead:

Beefy
August 19th, 2015, 10:44 AM
Fair play to Ed Woodward, gets Sergio Ramos a new contract, gets Pedro a move to Chelsea. He's a great agent.

Peter Griffin
August 19th, 2015, 10:49 AM
Hmmm Funny as I read both clubs agreed personal terms but Man Utd weren't willing to meet release clause, but we should definitely believe ESPN, a renowned source for football.

RuneEdge
August 19th, 2015, 10:55 AM
Fair play to Ed Woodward, gets Sergio Ramos a new contract, gets Pedro a move to Chelsea. He's a great agent.

And also helped with the renewals for Gundogan and Dani Alves. SUPER AGENT.

Reech
August 19th, 2015, 11:25 AM
Mane to Man Utd is a rumour I'm hearing about that's equalling believable and unbelievable.

Romford Pele
August 19th, 2015, 11:30 AM
Gahahaha United are making us look competent in the transfer market. Shame it was Chelsea though.

Andy
August 19th, 2015, 12:47 PM
Yeah it's annoying he's gone to Chelsea who are so hateable at the moment and I don't think he'd even be guaranteed to play. Great signing though, a steal at 22m if that's the figure.

I think Mane is a really good player in the making, was impressed with him last year.

RuneEdge
August 19th, 2015, 1:54 PM
If missing out on Pedro means we invest in a striker, it would probably make more sense to us. Our midfield is pretty stacked as it is, and Pedro would've added to the squad rotation problem.
We have three attacking midfield spots that need to be shared between Depay, Mata, Januzaj, Young, Fellaini and Herrera. Other than Young and Fellaini, I get the feeling the other four would need to start regularly if they're to stay at the club.
Depay and Mata aint going anywhere, Januzaj is looking good again in the #10 role, Fellaini looks like he's still going to get you goals, Herrera's also got goals in him, and Young's the only other natural left winger in the team after Depay.
Pedro would probably be a waste of time if we still cant get another striker in who's actually going to score the goals these midfielders are going to assist.

The only person letting the team down for me is Rooney. His performances have been utter dog shit lately.

Ringo
August 20th, 2015, 11:08 AM
Otamendi and Pedro official now.

James Richardson suggested part of the reason for the Otamendi deal is that Valencia haven't yet paid City for Negredo. Still a big fee, to add to the massive money they spent on Mangala last season who will presumably now not feature so much. Otamendi has looked superb when I've seen him over the last year or so though.

RuneEdge
August 20th, 2015, 12:03 PM
Apparently we're getting ready to bid 25m for Mane. :banghead:

RFF Champ
August 20th, 2015, 12:12 PM
Apparently we're getting ready to bid 25m for Mane. :banghead:

The next in line is a deadline day move for Andros Townsend.

RuneEdge
August 20th, 2015, 12:13 PM
Imagine not following the news for a few days and then waking up one morning to this:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CM3SaaMWgAA2xUd.jpg

Chris Scott
August 20th, 2015, 9:12 PM
The next in line is a deadline day move for Andros Townsend.

Nah this is Everton all over.

Bad Collin
August 21st, 2015, 1:36 AM
Imagine not following the news for a few days and then waking up one morning to this:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CM3SaaMWgAA2xUd.jpg

There's only ten days to go, hopefully you end up relying on Rooney who maintains his current form. Unfortunately Depay looks utter class.

Peter Griffin
August 21st, 2015, 1:47 AM
Don't call him Depay you heartless cunt.

Ringo
August 21st, 2015, 6:20 AM
It's MEMPHIS and BABA. One because he hates his dad, the other because he loves him.

Sky have the inside scoop on Andriy Yarmolenko to Everton btw:

Everton have agreed a 15m deal to sign forward Andriy Yarmolenko from Dynamo Kiev, according to Sky sources.

Sky sources understand contact has been made between the clubs over a transfer but no deal has been agreed.

Romford Pele
August 21st, 2015, 6:56 AM
Stones about to hand in a transfer request apparently. Let's face it, he is gonna go to Chelsea isnt he?

Meanwhile, Arsenal linked with no-one as usual.

The Rosk
August 21st, 2015, 7:07 AM
What the fuck are you talking about. You're linked with Benzema and Cavani.

Romford Pele
August 21st, 2015, 7:08 AM
http://www.football365.com/news/21554/9958984/-Shortage-Of-Good-Strikers-Says-Wenger

He is getting no-one.

MMH
August 21st, 2015, 7:10 AM
Allegedly he hasnt put a transfer request in and wont do and its just the papers trying to sell a "smaller" clubs players again.

We shall see.

Im not too bothered anyway. Doesnt matter who we have playing for us really. We wont get near winning anything and will hover around the upper middle of the premier league.

Football is properly shit.

The Rosk
August 21st, 2015, 7:30 AM
http://www.football365.com/news/21554/9958984/-Shortage-Of-Good-Strikers-Says-Wenger

He is getting no-one.

I'm sure he said as much before buying Ozil. No need to show your hand.

Romford Pele
August 21st, 2015, 8:51 AM
I hope that is the case.

RuneEdge
August 21st, 2015, 4:52 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CM9a7WjWcAApIOR.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/cAh2oYL.gif

Chris Scott
August 22nd, 2015, 9:06 AM
Allegedly he hasnt put a transfer request in and wont do and its just the papers trying to sell a "smaller" clubs players again.

We shall see.

Im not too bothered anyway. Doesnt matter who we have playing for us really. We wont get near winning anything and will hover around the upper middle of the premier league.

Football is properly shit.

Unless you get a rich owner.

Grimario
August 24th, 2015, 9:46 PM
http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/eng/as-roma-negotiating-with-aston-villa-over-ljajic/

Is winger/attacking mid a position Villa need to bolster?

Ringo
August 25th, 2015, 11:47 AM
Stones has handed in a transfer request.

Cuadrado's gone to Juve on loan/option to buy and sounds like Lamela's off to Inter on loan too.

Chris Scott
August 25th, 2015, 12:47 PM
Another player sold by Everton again against everyone's wishes.

Gary J
August 25th, 2015, 12:50 PM
Hope he goes to Man Utd (if he does go) just so it will shut up all the Chelsea fans on twitter crowing about how they pipped them to Pedro.

Chris Scott
August 25th, 2015, 12:57 PM
He should stay at Everton really, why does he need to leave at this time of his playing career.

MMH
August 25th, 2015, 1:21 PM
Hes not been sold yet....

Not too bothered either way really. I think hes a quality player and well worth whatever they may end up paying for him. But at the end of the day he is a centre back and our defensive record is hardly stellar even with him in the side.

Im not sure whats going to happen here though, if he goes we will have one centre back left in Jagielka. We already need another 2, we would need a third one to replace Stones as well. Stones is on about 30k a week now, the 3 new CBs will be on at least 30k each and Barnsley are due some of the fee so we may dig our heels in on this one.

RuneEdge
August 25th, 2015, 1:22 PM
You can have Johnny Evans.

MMH
August 25th, 2015, 1:27 PM
Thanks

Chris Scott
August 25th, 2015, 1:58 PM

Not too bothered either way really. I think hes a quality player and well worth whatever they may end up paying for him. But at the end of the day he is a centre back and our defensive record is hardly stellar even with him in the side.

Im not sure whats going to happen here though, if he goes we will have one centre back left in Jagielka. We already need another 2, we would need a third one to replace Stones as well. Stones is on about 30k a week now, the 3 new CBs will be on at least 30k each and Barnsley are due some of the fee so we may dig our heels in on this one.

Thought you was singing a CB, he was in the crowd with an Everton scarf around him on Sunday.

MMH
August 25th, 2015, 2:03 PM
Thought you was singing a CB, he was in the crowd with an Everton scarf around him on Sunday.

Yeah Mori. He may not get a work permit. Tim Vickery seems to think he's awful too.

Cant wait.

Simon
August 25th, 2015, 2:09 PM

Galloway is a natural centre back isn't he? And Ty Browning was highly-rated a year or so ago, although I've only seen him play on the left and right when he's supposed to be a centre back. Wouldn't want to rely on them though so yeah I imagine you'll want to sign someone - what happened to the Evans deal, at one point it seemed like it had been confirmed?

MMH
August 25th, 2015, 2:24 PM
Galloway is a natural centre back isn't he? And Ty Browning was highly-rated a year or so ago, although I've only seen him play on the left and right when he's supposed to be a centre back. Wouldn't want to rely on them though so yeah I imagine you'll want to sign someone - what happened to the Evans deal, at one point it seemed like it had been confirmed?

Yeah both are centre backs but Browning has played right back a lot for the youth teams too. Neither are ready to be regulars as you say. Both promising though. We also have Mason Holgate now who is supposed to be a good prospect.

We were never in for Evans. It was just paper talk that started when the press were trying to sell Stones for us. Martinez said as much himself (the first part obviously...).

We may be in for him now of course.

son_of_foley
August 25th, 2015, 2:25 PM
Find it weird that everybody seems to be saying that Rodgers fucked up signing balotelli. I thought it was the transfer panel that signed him? I'm not sure what else else Rodgers could do in the situation.

Rather hilariously I was convinced it was a good signing. At that price I thought they had mitigated most of the risk and he looked good at world cup. What the fuck happened to him he is a bomb scare of a footballer now

Chris Scott
August 25th, 2015, 2:39 PM
What's even scarier is AC wanting him back.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 25th, 2015, 5:40 PM
Find it weird that everybody seems to be saying that Rodgers fucked up signing balotelli. I thought it was the transfer panel that signed him? I'm not sure what else else Rodgers could do in the situation.

Rather hilariously I was convinced it was a good signing. At that price I thought they had mitigated most of the risk and he looked good at world cup. What the fuck happened to him he is a bomb scare of a footballer now

I don't think Rodgers knew how to use Balotelli or had any real plan for using him, similar to Rickie Lambert. The response to Balotelli from the British media was absurd and probably impacted on his use in the team. Balotelli was excellent in his first match for Liverpool vs Spurs but the entire team soon faltered pretty badly and Balotelli seemed to bear an exceptionally unfair brunt of it. I think Rodgers opportunistically sacrificed the player to take the focus off himself and/or the rest of the team. Neither of those striker signings worked out and for me it remains to be seen if Benteke does much better under Rodgers. Sturridge being unfit gives Benteke a chance to settle but I don't see how they will work together.

MMH
August 26th, 2015, 8:43 AM
Allegedly Son Heung Min is having a medical at Spurs.

Gutted, hes one of my favourite players. I reckon he will be a great signing for them.

Ringo
August 26th, 2015, 8:55 AM
I see Everton are signing Funes Mori from River Plate. I watched him in the Libertadores and he looked rather good.

MMH
August 26th, 2015, 9:02 AM
I see Everton are signing Funes Mori from River Plate. I watched him in the Libertadores and he looked rather good.

Tim Vickery thinks hes awful and a terrible signing. We shall see. Takes a decent free kick from what I have seen at least.

Romford Pele
August 27th, 2015, 2:36 AM
So Stones transfer request has been turned down.

Martinez is incredibly naive. Does he really think the best option is keeping an unhappy player and not banking 40m?

El Capitano Gatisto
August 27th, 2015, 2:42 AM
Not this again.

MMH
August 27th, 2015, 3:14 AM
So Stones transfer request has been turned down.

Martinez is incredibly naive. Does he really think the best option is keeping an unhappy player and not banking 40m?

Yeah we may as well sell all our good players and just give up :yes:

As he said last night, money cant buy you everything. And who said Stones is unhappy? He has been an absolute professional during all this and will continue to be so.

Also 40M sounds like a lot of money but it really isnt when you break it down. We would owe 15% to Barnsley, will probably trim off some of the money owed for Lukaku and it will leave is with one senior centre back with premiership experience. So we would need to buy two new defenders just to stand still. This is a world where Scott Dann is valued at 16M. So lets say we buy two centre backs for 10M each, add in the extra wages (Stones is currently on 30K, two replacements will be on more than that each) then the 40M will be gone already. It would be bad business to sell him in my opinion unless we get a ludicrous offer.

But...but... he NEEDS to move to improve his chances of playing for England is a reason I have heard for him moving lately. Ignoring the fact that he is already an England regular. He can learn from John Terry though even though they are totally different players. Like all those other young defensive prospects that Chelsea have brought through whilst he has been there.

Besides people like you and most fans of the other clubs who dont just throw cash at everything should be delighted that we are taking a stand in this instance.

No doubt he will still end up going because thats football and football is shit but we aint going to lose him without a fight, and we should we?

Peter Griffin
August 27th, 2015, 3:23 AM
Here here.

Romford Pele
August 27th, 2015, 6:05 AM
Yeah we may as well sell all our good players and just give up :yes:

As he said last night, money cant buy you everything. And who said Stones is unhappy? He has been an absolute professional during all this and will continue to be so.

Also 40M sounds like a lot of money but it really isnt when you break it down. We would owe 15% to Barnsley, will probably trim off some of the money owed for Lukaku and it will leave is with one senior centre back with premiership experience. So we would need to buy two new defenders just to stand still. This is a world where Scott Dann is valued at 16M. So lets say we buy two centre backs for 10M each, add in the extra wages (Stones is currently on 30K, two replacements will be on more than that each) then the 40M will be gone already. It would be bad business to sell him in my opinion unless we get a ludicrous offer.

But...but... he NEEDS to move to improve his chances of playing for England is a reason I have heard for him moving lately. Ignoring the fact that he is already an England regular. He can learn from John Terry though even though they are totally different players. Like all those other young defensive prospects that Chelsea have brought through whilst he has been there.

Besides people like you and most fans of the other clubs who dont just throw cash at everything should be delighted that we are taking a stand in this instance.

No doubt he will still end up going because thats football and football is shit but we aint going to lose him without a fight, and we should we?

He is obviously unhappy as he has handed in a transfer request. Look, I hate Chelsea and would love for them not to get him, but the fact of the matter is 40m is a huge amount of money for someone who has had what 1-2 seasons of top flight football and is not yet an established international.

Everton can use that money to get 2/3 players and improve the overrall quality of the squad which is needed.

It is all well and good putting your head in the sand like Martinez has said, but there is little point in keeping an unhappy player. Look at the Sterling situation, it was best for everyone that he moved on and Liverpool have made some good signings with that money.

MMH
August 27th, 2015, 6:22 AM
He is obviously unhappy as he has handed in a transfer request. Look, I hate Chelsea and would love for them not to get him, but the fact of the matter is 40m is a huge amount of money for someone who has had what 1-2 seasons of top flight football and is not yet an established international.

Everton can use that money to get 2/3 players and improve the overrall quality of the squad which is needed.

It is all well and good putting your head in the sand like Martinez has said, but there is little point in keeping an unhappy player. Look at the Sterling situation, it was best for everyone that he moved on and Liverpool have made some good signings with that money.

Nah there is a difference between not being happy and wanting to go to another club. He would like the chance to go but isnt exactly fuming that he cant either by the looks of it.

I have just posted why its not that good of a deal and you have just ignored it and gave me the exact opposite of the reasons I gave as being a reason to sell him!

I may as well not bothered posting it!

RFF Champ
August 27th, 2015, 6:42 AM
I've never understood why fans care about transfer fees, it doesn't impact the fan in any way and having a good player that's settled in the team is far more valuable than the money. Everton have seemingly been through this with Baines and Garbutt recently and it worked out pretty well keeping them.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 27th, 2015, 8:56 AM
Liverpool also kept Suarez after he agitated for a move to Arsenal and he went on to play the best football of his career for them before selling at a much higher fee than was offered before. Why should Everton weaken their team a week before the transfer window closes? If Chelsea really wanted him they could have bid 40 million in June, instead of incrementally raising bids for a player that Everton have categorically stated is not for sale.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 27th, 2015, 8:57 AM
What's the point of 40 million in the bank if it leaves their team short until January at least.

RuneEdge
August 27th, 2015, 9:33 AM
They should ask for say 35m plus Zouma on loan for a year.

MichaelC
August 27th, 2015, 9:35 AM
Nah there is a difference between not being happy and wanting to go to another club. He would like the chance to go but isnt exactly fuming that he cant either by the looks of it.

I have just posted why its not that good of a deal and you have just ignored it and gave me the exact opposite of the reasons I gave as being a reason to sell him!

I may as well not bothered posting it!

Reading from another forum, once you count money owed to Chelsea, sell on clauses to Barnsley, etc...Everton would get circa 18 million of that 40 million.

Anyhow, if Chelsea are that desperate for the player, they'll up their bid.

Simon
August 27th, 2015, 9:40 AM
Reading from another forum, once you count money owed to Chelsea, sell on clauses to Barnsley, etc...Everton would get circa 18 million of that 40 million.

This is a bit of a red herring of a point though - they would be wiping out the debt for Lukaku and paying off a sell-on clause that is going to be there whether they sell him or not. If they kept him, those debts would still need to be paid eventually and in all likelihood they are written into the club's budget whether they sell big name players or not. It's not like if Everton sold Stones they'd receive the cheque for 18m and go "oh blimey, thought we'd see more of it than that, now we can't get a proper replacement".

My only surprise in all this is that A) Chelsea think he's worth 40m and B) Everton haven't bitten their hands off. Even in today's newly-inflated market that seems massively excessive for what is essentially ONLY potential - as of right now I'm not convinced he's a particularly good centre back, certainly not good enough to play regularly for a title-challenging side.

MMH
August 27th, 2015, 10:23 AM
This is a bit of a red herring of a point though - they would be wiping out the debt for Lukaku and paying off a sell-on clause that is going to be there whether they sell him or not. If they kept him, those debts would still need to be paid eventually and in all likelihood they are written into the club's budget whether they sell big name players or not. It's not like if Everton sold Stones they'd receive the cheque for 18m and go "oh blimey, thought we'd see more of it than that, now we can't get a proper replacement".

My only surprise in all this is that A) Chelsea think he's worth 40m and B) Everton haven't bitten their hands off. Even in today's newly-inflated market that seems massively excessive for what is essentially ONLY potential - as of right now I'm not convinced he's a particularly good centre back, certainly not good enough to play regularly for a title-challenging side.

He really is good enough. I genuinely think he could be one of the best defenders of his generation in the world. Obviously that does involve potential but hes good enough right now. A fantastic footballer.

And honestly 40M (which they have not offered yet by the way...) aint really THAT much these days when a Scott Dann (who is a decent defender but thats about it) is valued at 16M.

I do wonder if managers play mind games with players in situations like this. If I was Martinez I would be saying along the lines of "We think you are brilliant and think you are worth at least 60M. Chelsea have only offered 30M, they obviously dont think you are that good". Things like that. I would be quite insulted as a player if a suitor didnt match my current clubs valuation of me.

Simon
August 27th, 2015, 10:28 AM
That was what Moyes did with Rooney wasn't it? Asked him how good he thought he was, and then when he said he was good enough to play for a top club Moyes asked why no one had matches their valuation...Rooney's form improved and he eventually got the move to United. Might be an urban legend I forget where I heard it.

MMH
August 27th, 2015, 10:48 AM
That was what Moyes did with Rooney wasn't it? Asked him how good he thought he was, and then when he said he was good enough to play for a top club Moyes asked why no one had matches their valuation...Rooney's form improved and he eventually got the move to United. Might be an urban legend I forget where I heard it.

No idea. According to Rooney they didnt like each other so dunno.

Ringo
August 27th, 2015, 11:03 AM
I think Jose wants Zouma around. The rumour was another bid + Moses who Martinez likes.

MMH
August 27th, 2015, 11:14 AM
A redshite reject? Great!

RuneEdge
August 27th, 2015, 11:29 AM
I think Jose wants Zouma around. The rumour was another bid + Moses who Martinez likes.

Sure, I wouldnt expect Jose to be happy to lose Zouma. But I mean from Everton's point of view, they get a replacement for a year, which buys them time to find another player to spend the Stones transfer fee on. If Chelsea dont agree, then they cant have Stones. Its a reasonable trade for both clubs. Zouma's still only 20 years old and they get their player back in 12 months time.

MMH
August 27th, 2015, 1:19 PM
http://www.evertonfc.com/news/2015/08/27/club-statement-from-the-chairman

Looks like we are digging our heels in then.

I would love us to keep him. Not only because he is a good player but its just nice for a club to tell one of the "big boys" to fuck off as the media response is tremendous. They seem genuinely bemused and offended that we want to keep our best players and try to improve as a club/squad.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 27th, 2015, 1:26 PM
Stones may not even get on for Chelsea anyway. Mourinho is really bad at introducing young players into his first team (as shown by the fact that Everton currently have Lukaku), so the idea that he would be able to bring Zouma and Stones through at the same time seems pretty far-fetched. Stones would be better staying at Everton getting games for the time being. For anyone looking at it from an "England team point of view" then he's going to learn a billion times more playing first team football in the Premier League than watching John Terry limp around in training headering everything in sight. Unless you mean he needs to learn how to be an absolute cunt of a human being, in which case yes he should go to observe John Terry.

MMH
August 27th, 2015, 1:44 PM
Yup, it makes me laugh the England stuff too, hes already a regular in the England squad, so basically they are saying if he moves to Chelsea he will automatically become a regular first teamer even if he is playing the same as he is now.

We are not a non league team, we can teach players loads, as can all teams to some extent.

Hes 20 as well. If he wants to "play Champions League football", he has plenty of time.

If we do keep him out big test is to match his ambitions because we have a lot of good young players who could move to a "big club" one day. So we need to show that our goal is to compete with these clubs.

Simon
August 28th, 2015, 5:02 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CNe_GACUwAAYnXs.jpg

Red Dog
August 28th, 2015, 6:04 AM
Yup, it makes me laugh the England stuff too, hes already a regular in the England squad, so basically they are saying if he moves to Chelsea he will automatically become a regular first teamer even if he is playing the same as he is now.

We are not a non league team, we can teach players loads, as can all teams to some extent.

Hes 20 as well. If he wants to "play Champions League football", he has plenty of time.

If we do keep him out big test is to match his ambitions because we have a lot of good young players who could move to a "big club" one day. So we need to show that our goal is to compete with these clubs.

I've put Barkley in my Fantasy team. He needs to start producing please, can you have a word, ta.

Simon
August 28th, 2015, 6:08 AM
I'm daring to believe that Barkley might actually have got his head straight now, there's never been any doubt about his ability but for whatever reason he only seemed to turn it on once a month...but so far this season he seems to have played well in every game and is finally starting to show some end product. He's already matched last season's (pathetic) goal tally and has chipped in with a couple of assists too, so maybe it's clicked for him now.

Then again just as Rooney's "terrible form" was more pronounced because it's the start of the season leading to people laughably writing him off, it might just be that Barkley is having one of his rare runs of good form and he'll go off the boil again soon.

MMH
August 28th, 2015, 6:09 AM
I've put Barkley in my Fantasy team. He needs to start producing please, can you have a word, ta.

Hes been looking really sharp this season so you may be on to something there.

MMH
August 28th, 2015, 6:12 AM
I'm daring to believe that Barkley might actually have got his head straight now, there's never been any doubt about his ability but for whatever reason he only seemed to turn it on once a month...but so far this season he seems to have played well in every game and is finally starting to show some end product. He's already matched last season's (pathetic) goal tally and has chipped in with a couple of assists too, so maybe it's clicked for him now.

Then again just as Rooney's "terrible form" was more pronounced because it's the start of the season leading to people laughably writing him off, it might just be that Barkley is having one of his rare runs of good form and he'll go off the boil again soon.

He really could be a Lampard type player in terms of goals if he just showed a bit of composure. He gets one or two good chances a game just around the edge of the area and 9 times out of 10 just twats it into row Z. Once he gets his decision making sorted he will hopefully be a top player.

Him Lukaku and Deulofeu firing on all cylinders breaking on the counter for us is a lovely thought.

Romford Pele
August 28th, 2015, 6:41 AM
Martinez is such a fucking hypocrite. Giving it all the 'things are more important to us than money'

It didnt stop him buying players further down the divisions, i'm sure those clubs didnt want to sell their players either. Did Barnsley want to sell Stones?

Also, he jumped from Swansea to Wigan and then to Everton so it is a bit rich coming from him. Fine to try and keep your best players just dont be a hypocrite about it.

Ringo
August 28th, 2015, 7:27 AM
Fuck Stones. We've turned our attention to the Chinese Sergio Ramos :hyper:

Chris Scott
August 28th, 2015, 7:45 AM
He really is good enough. I genuinely think he could be one of the best defenders of his generation in the world. Obviously that does involve potential but hes good enough right now. A fantastic footballer.

And honestly 40M (which they have not offered yet by the way...) aint really THAT much these days when a Scott Dann (who is a decent defender but thats about it) is valued at 16M.

I do wonder if managers play mind games with players in situations like this. If I was Martinez I would be saying along the lines of "We think you are brilliant and think you are worth at least 60M. Chelsea have only offered 30M, they obviously dont think you are that good". Things like that. I would be quite insulted as a player if a suitor didnt match my current clubs valuation of me.

I agree with everything here.

I really rate Stones and know a few other fellow fans when talking about him also do. At his age now he's has it all and will no doubt only get better but under the right manager like Martinez.

MMH
August 28th, 2015, 7:46 AM
Martinez is such a fucking hypocrite. Giving it all the 'things are more important to us than money'

It didnt stop him buying players further down the divisions, i'm sure those clubs didnt want to sell their players either. Did Barnsley want to sell Stones?

Also, he jumped from Swansea to Wigan and then to Everton so it is a bit rich coming from him. Fine to try and keep your best players just dont be a hypocrite about it.

Of course Barnsley wanted to sell Stones! They would probably be in a lot of trouble money wise if they didnt. If they said they didnt want to sell then that would be it.

What he is saying is that there is no set price for Stones (there is obviously....everyone has one) but they can offer us whatever they want, we dont want to sell him. The way everyone has tried to sell him to Chelsea for us is ridiculous.

I dont see what him moving to other clubs has got to do with anything? We asked Wigan if we could talk to Martinez, they said yes and we paid them what they wanted. If we said yes to Chelsea about Stones then that would be fine. But we didnt because hes not for sale.

Its not that hard and I find it utterly bizarre that you are getting upset by this.

MMH
August 28th, 2015, 7:51 AM
I agree with everything here.

I really rate Stones and know a few other fellow fans when talking about him also do. At his age now he's has it all and will no doubt only get better but under the right manager like Martinez.

Yeah i found it quite refreshing how Martinez has dealt with Stone's progression. He has made mistakes, quite a few in fact but Martinez has told him publicly not to worry about it and just to keep doing what he is doing and it will all fall into place. Because he is a good footballer he sometimes dallies on the ball and loses possession but its how he will learn and improve and its beneficial to him instead of him making a mistake and being dropped the next week for another 30M centre back in the production line. That wont improve anybody.

Peter Griffin
August 28th, 2015, 7:51 AM
He's in the 'big team' brigade, who think they should be able to cherry pick who they want from lesser clubs.

MMH
August 28th, 2015, 7:54 AM
He's in the 'big team' brigade, who think they should be able to cherry pick who they want from lesser clubs.

Indeed, but its bizarre as Arsenal and really in that bracket! Arsenal tend to be quite respectful when it comes to transfers and other teams players so I dont get how he doesnt understand that football is fucked if us "lesser teams" dont stand up to the big boys every once in a while and try to develop players ourselves via youth teams and lower leagues. We cant throw money at players so we look for other ways to compete, but whats the point if a monied club can then just swoop in and take them away and claim its for the players development and the good of the Champions League (which is fucking shit by the way.)

Chris Scott
August 28th, 2015, 7:59 AM
I bet the Everton scout who probably recommend getting Stones from Barnsley is gutted he won't be getting his massive bonus from Kenwright now.

Chris
August 28th, 2015, 8:02 AM
Chelsea's first bid showed how much they actually value Stones. It's only increasing because Everton have dared to play hard-ball, and why shouldn't they? It's nice to see a big premier league club not get their own way all the time, so I hope Everton hold out for a few more days. It would also be nice to see a player stay put and develop for a bit longer, rather than join a bigger club and quickly fade into obscurity.

MMH
August 28th, 2015, 8:02 AM
Ha I doubt they get big bonuses anyway.

Allegedly (Twitter rumour, no doubt crap) we have rejected a bid from PSG for Seamus Coleman!

We should just give him to them to be fair. Its good for the Irish national team and we have no right to keep any good players. Besides think of all the stuff he could learn from David Luiz.

We should also sell him because we have bought players in the past too from other clubs. It would be hypocritical of us not to.

Chris Scott
August 28th, 2015, 8:07 AM
Haha.

Yeah just reading that then MMH, imagine him going there. Career killer if there was ever one.

Simon
August 28th, 2015, 8:07 AM
I think Coleman is absolute class, was surprised no one was interested in him when everyone was bum licking Clyne during the summer. Offers way more going forward and there isn't much between them defensively. However Coleman does permanently look like he's doing that "MMMMNNNNNNN" face that people used to do to make fun of Down's Syndrome people, so maybe that counted against him.

Red Dog
August 28th, 2015, 8:08 AM
I think Coleman is absolute class, was surprised no one was interested in him when everyone was bum licking Clyne during the summer. Offers way more going forward and there isn't much between them defensively. However Coleman does permanently look like he's doing that "MMMMNNNNNNN" face that people used to do to make fun of Down's Syndrome people, so maybe that counted against him.

:lol:

Simon
August 28th, 2015, 8:09 AM
Haha.

Yeah just reading that then MMH, imagine him going there. Career killer if there was ever one.

Not necessarily, it's not like their current right back is a superstar - Aurier is good from what little I've seen of him but it's not like Coleman would be playing second fiddle to Lahm or Dani Alves. In fact there aren't many top class right backs around Europe in general at the moment - those two, maybe Lichtsteiner? :dunno:

MMH
August 28th, 2015, 8:17 AM

Yeah we always say he looks a bit simple.

I can imagine him arriving in Paris and saying "excuse me monsieur, where can I tie up my horse?".

Boss player though, and he has always said he doesnt want to leave us as he owes everything to us in his life for taking a chance on him. He thinks he would still be playing part time in Ireland if we didnt sign him.

Ringo
August 28th, 2015, 8:20 AM

Ahaha. Never noticed. That's brilliant.

http://img.skysports.com/10/07/218x298/Coleman_2482915.jpg

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/67/590x/seamus-453012.jpg

http://images.dailystar.co.uk/dynamic/58/photos/524000/620x/67524.jpg

http://cdn.images.express.co.uk/img/dynamic/67/590x/Manchester-United-MUFC-Louis-Van-Gaal-Bayern-Munich-Seamus-Coleman-Seamus-Coleman-Manchester-United-Seamus-Coleman-Bayern-558302.jpg

Romford Pele
August 28th, 2015, 8:38 AM
Of course Barnsley wanted to sell Stones! They would probably be in a lot of trouble money wise if they didnt. If they said they didnt want to sell then that would be it.

What he is saying is that there is no set price for Stones (there is obviously....everyone has one) but they can offer us whatever they want, we dont want to sell him. The way everyone has tried to sell him to Chelsea for us is ridiculous.

I dont see what him moving to other clubs has got to do with anything? We asked Wigan if we could talk to Martinez, they said yes and we paid them what they wanted. If we said yes to Chelsea about Stones then that would be fine. But we didnt because hes not for sale.

Its not that hard and I find it utterly bizarre that you are getting upset by this.

If they were in financial trouble then you took advantage of them, just as Chelsea have tried to do with you.

Again, with him moving jobs he made it clear that he wanted to jump ship both times and virtually forced both the clubs to let him go. As I said, fair enough trying to hold onto players but this holier than though attitude he is giving is digusting and completely hypocritial.

Peter Griffin
August 28th, 2015, 8:38 AM
In other news Derby are in for Anichebe from wba, i should be excited MMH, right, right?

Romford Pele
August 28th, 2015, 8:40 AM
Indeed, but its bizarre as Arsenal and really in that bracket! Arsenal tend to be quite respectful when it comes to transfers and other teams players so I dont get how he doesnt understand that football is fucked if us "lesser teams" dont stand up to the big boys every once in a while and try to develop players ourselves via youth teams and lower leagues. We cant throw money at players so we look for other ways to compete, but whats the point if a monied club can then just swoop in and take them away and claim its for the players development and the good of the Champions League (which is fucking shit by the way.)

I don't think you understood what I said. Its the hypocrisy of Martinez that annoys me. It is funny how him and Pulis have been moaning that the transfer window should close at the start of the season (lets forget all the other leagues in Europe shall we).

He didnt mind it last year when he signed Lukaku near the end of the window.

Simon
August 28th, 2015, 8:43 AM
I don't think you understood what I said. Its the hypocrisy of Martinez that annoys me. It is funny how him and Pulis have been moaning that the transfer window should close at the start of the season (lets forget all the other leagues in Europe shall we).

You can disagree with the rules while still using them to your advantage. That isn't hypocrisy at all, it's just common sense...he's not going to impose rules on his own team which don't apply to anyone else is he.

Romford Pele
August 28th, 2015, 8:49 AM
But he wasnt saying this last year. He is only saying it now to suit him. That is why he is a hypocrite.

Simon
August 28th, 2015, 8:52 AM
That's your inference, there's no evidence to say he's only saying it now because it suits him, and every reason to believe that is his genuine opinion, most managers agree that the window shouldn't go beyond the start of the season.

If Martinez has previously said he likes things the way they are, then he is a hypocrite. Otherwise he's just someone who hasn't previously stated an opinion either way and now has. That's not hypocrisy.

MMH
August 28th, 2015, 8:54 AM

Chelsea didnt want him though! Thats the big difference. And we didnt sign him at the end of the window. We took him on loan at the end of the window the year before which isnt the same thing.

Disgusting by the way? What a ridiculous overreaction!

MMH
August 28th, 2015, 8:55 AM
But he wasnt saying this last year. He is only saying it now to suit him. That is why he is a hypocrite.

He did say it the year before when we ending up selling Fellaini at the end of the window, you know the same time when we had to get Lukaku last minute because one of our players was sold last minute?

MMH
August 28th, 2015, 8:56 AM
In other news Derby are in for Anichebe from wba, i should be excited MMH, right, right?

God no.

He may do a job at that level to be fair though. Hes a massive injury prone sulk. Has his moments though.

Peter Griffin
August 28th, 2015, 9:05 AM
Well, we shall see how it transpires I guess.

Simon
August 28th, 2015, 10:28 AM
City have sold Marcos Lopes an hour after Pellegrini said in a press conference that he wouldn't be sold :lol:

Simon
August 28th, 2015, 10:35 AM
Coming from the opposite point of view on MMH's anger at clubs unsettling other team's players, is it just me that thinks West Brom's chairman is being a bit of a minge with regard to the Berahino transfer? I don't mind the usual stuff about the player not being for sale etc and even the stuff about our bid being in instalments is an odd criticism because hardly any deals are all paid up front nowadays...but he's made a couple of really weird comments.

For one thing he said we've left it far too late - our first bid was two weeks before deadline day, and even if we signed him at this late stage it wouldn't be particularly late by deadline day standards. Secondly, he is having a go at us for not leaving them any time to get a replacement...

“I have the greatest respect for Daniel Levy but he must surely appreciate we would have needed to replace Saido had he left and no consideration of that position has been reflected by Tottenham’s strategy."

1) How it leaves West Brom is not our problem, we don't owe them the courtesy of not bidding for their player because they won't have time to replace him. It's their choice whether to accept a bid or not, turning it into some weird guilt trip is really odd.

2) They broke their transfer record on a new striker last week anyway.

Romford Pele
August 28th, 2015, 10:45 AM
Hypocrisy again there.

son_of_foley
August 28th, 2015, 11:23 AM
Coming from the opposite point of view on MMH's anger at clubs unsettling other team's players, is it just me that thinks West Brom's chairman is being a bit of a minge with regard to the Berahino transfer? I don't mind the usual stuff about the player not being for sale etc and even the stuff about our bid being in instalments is an odd criticism because hardly any deals are all paid up front nowadays...but he's made a couple of really weird comments.

For one thing he said we've left it far too late - our first bid was two weeks before deadline day, and even if we signed him at this late stage it wouldn't be particularly late by deadline day standards. Secondly, he is having a go at us for not leaving them any time to get a replacement...

1) How it leaves West Brom is not our problem, we don't owe them the courtesy of not bidding for their player because they won't have time to replace him. It's their choice whether to accept a bid or not, turning it into some weird guilt trip is really odd.

2) They broke their transfer record on a new striker last week anyway.

I don't think he means he wants more consideration I think he's saying more as it's harder to replace him now

RFF Champ
August 28th, 2015, 12:08 PM
God no.

He may do a job at that level to be fair though. Hes a massive injury prone sulk. Has his moments though.

He's a huge handful when he fancies it, those days don't seem to come often enough though and ultimately seems to waste most of that talent.

Chris Scott
August 28th, 2015, 12:16 PM

I'd say Clyne is just as good as a defender as Colman from what I've seen watching them both, but yes Colman not by a lot to be honest does offer that bit more.

Ringo
August 28th, 2015, 12:29 PM
Anichebe seems to play well against us. Bit like Jozy Altidore who gave us a torrid time and must have scored about half of his Premier League goals against Chelsea.

RuneEdge
August 28th, 2015, 12:40 PM
Johnny Evans will have a medical at WBA tonight.

Apparently this will trigger Lescott's move to Villa.

son_of_foley
August 28th, 2015, 3:15 PM
Feel he's better than wba

RuneEdge
August 28th, 2015, 3:56 PM
If you believe the reported transfer fees, that reduces this seasons net spend to around 6m.

Chris Scott
August 28th, 2015, 4:23 PM
Feel he's better than wba

I honestly don't get why a few on here rate him that highly, in all his time at United when has he put a run of having 3 very good games in a row? I doubt you could find it, in fact he has a decent game every 1 in 10. He's always been average from what I've seen, his positional play is poor and do is his decision making. When he comes up against someone bigger and stronger he gets bullied and tormented all the time and doesn't like the physical side.

He's a poor man's John O'Shea

son_of_foley
August 28th, 2015, 4:32 PM
Not falling for that Chris but good try ;)

Chris Scott
August 28th, 2015, 5:37 PM
Nah thinking about it I was harsh there. But in my honest opinion he's a good defender but prone to mistakes and bad game.

thegoat
August 28th, 2015, 8:30 PM
If you believe the reported transfer fees, that reduces this seasons net spend to around 6m.

Net spend, the most important of all the footballing statistics.

RuneEdge
August 29th, 2015, 7:41 AM
Tyler Blackett going to Celtic on loan.

So that pretty much confirms that Daley Blind is staying on as a CB.

son_of_foley
August 29th, 2015, 7:48 AM
Guess that means mcnair is rated at bit or trusted at least

_me
August 30th, 2015, 11:36 AM
I know teams have to have depth but having multi-capped internationals just sitting on the bench seems like such a waste. City's 2nd team could challenge for 4th now.

Mik
August 30th, 2015, 1:07 PM
I honestly don't get why a few on here rate him that highly, in all his time at United when has he put a run of having 3 very good games in a row? I doubt you could find it, in fact he has a decent game every 1 in 10. He's always been average from what I've seen, his positional play is poor and do is his decision making. When he comes up against someone bigger and stronger he gets bullied and tormented all the time and doesn't like the physical side.

He's a poor man's John O'Shea

Well we had Johnny Evans and we currently have O'Shea...theres no comparison really.

son_of_foley
August 31st, 2015, 7:44 AM
Busy day at United anyway

RuneEdge
August 31st, 2015, 7:57 AM
Lots of movement at United today. Januzaj moving to BVB on loan, Hernandez on a perma to Bayer Leverkusen, Lindergard to WBA, and we're signing a 19 year old French striker for 35m from Monaco.

MikeHunt
August 31st, 2015, 7:58 AM
seems like someone is panicking

RuneEdge
August 31st, 2015, 11:50 AM
For the price we're paying, he better be fucking amazing. Never heard of the dude till last night. This is crazy.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 31st, 2015, 12:01 PM
Apparently de Gea is finally on his way to Real with Keylor Navas plus money to United, which is a fantastic deal for United. Navas is a superb goalkeeper, so United, Real and de Gea all do well out of the deal. I don't really think United could have done better than that out de Gea leaving if it happens.

Spurs would have taken them to the cleaners over Lloris.

Mik
August 31st, 2015, 12:35 PM
Borini in. Seems like we are just buying any player that has spurned us in the past this year.

RuneEdge
August 31st, 2015, 1:58 PM
So 5 players left United in the last 24 hours alone. And we still havent got that CB we've been after for the last 12 months. :yes:

Ringo
August 31st, 2015, 2:11 PM
Thankfully it looks like we've got our hands on a centre back. 3m Papy Djilobodji from Nantes :cool:

RuneEdge
August 31st, 2015, 2:24 PM
Still hoping we pick up Vlaar once he's fit to take a medical.

son_of_foley
August 31st, 2015, 2:34 PM
But want vlaar really suspect when it came to pace. I always thought he was bang average for villa...

RuneEdge
August 31st, 2015, 2:41 PM
He's not that slow. I think John Terry at his age has done really well to make up for his lack of pace.
Vlaar's decent physically and we dont have that in our team at the moment. And considering how he'd be a free signing, I dont see why we shouldnt go for him.

Unless of course we sign someone else in the next 24 hours.

son_of_foley
August 31st, 2015, 2:43 PM
I think he'll be shite. I'm going on record. I'm sure I'll probably look a plonker. Vlaar and Blind must be one of the weakest centre back pairings United have had in 20 years

RFF Champ
August 31st, 2015, 3:24 PM
Vlaar's never fit anyway.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 31st, 2015, 4:06 PM
Vlaar is also out until Christmas with a busted knee. Why not buy Strootman while you're at it. I think Rojo looked reasonably promising last year and probably will come in for Blind when fit. He's at least as good as Otamendi, who people keep crying about United missing out on, unless I really missed something incredible from Otamendi last season. I don't think there are any realistic central defenders out there much better than what United have and they'll do ok with the improved full-backs and stronger midfield.

If Woodward doesn't have at least two senior attackers lined up tonight/tomorrow, in addition to Martial, then they've fucked their team despite doing very well with the keeper, full-backs and midfield.

I think Wenger has missed a huge opportunity if Arsenal don't add a defensive midfielder and a striker to compete with Giroud, although there aren't many of those about at the moment. Chelsea, Liverpool and United all look like they may be quite turd so Arsenal have a big chance this season to at least form a top two with City, but the same old weaknesses have been kept in the squad at the base of midfield and with the lack of attacking depth. When Giroud is having one of his bad patches there's not much else as an orthodox striker in the team. Walcott can do a job there but I think they needed a more reliable scorer. Schneiderlin would have been absolutely perfect for their midfield and I think Wenger has made a big mistake not going after him.

Andy
August 31st, 2015, 4:34 PM
Completely agree, frustrating too as it's not like it wasn't an obvious or available solution. Schneiderlin and Cech for 50m would've been a great start, especially with the likes of Diaby and Podolski gone who were on big wages. I think Wenger also needed to decide where he sees Calum Chambers' future. If he's a right back, we needed another centre back, if he's a centre back, he really could've done with going on loan to get some experience. A striker too obviously, although that's more difficult because who's really out there? We at least needed depth though.

But it all becomes a bit of a redundant point because I just don't think Wenger is willing to make those sort of changes. We're talking about replacing the spine of a team and the mentality still doesn't seem to be there yet either. We never seem to have depth in defence or midfield. There is no other player at the club who can do what Coquelin does and to me that's verging on negligence. Injury is always likely at Arsenal and trusting a player with such an important role after his first excellent spell in his mid 20s is such a gamble. Injury and/or loss of form are equally possible if not likely.

RuneEdge
August 31st, 2015, 6:13 PM
Trying to keep up with the bombardment of news as the transfer window closes across Europe. From what people understand, United have signed Keylor Navas on a 5 year deal, while Madrid havent been able to complete the De Gea deal before the window closed at 11pm. :lol:

EDIT
Apparently the Keylor Navas deal is off. :\

El Capitano Gatisto
August 31st, 2015, 6:28 PM
It'll all go through I think. As far as I know deals can be registered after the deadline as long as the clubs let the relevant associations know there's a deal in place pending paperwork.

Fanny Batter
August 31st, 2015, 6:35 PM
It's absurd that it even went to the last day. It's not as if Madrid have panicked and given United the old offer they can't refuse, the agreed deal was pretty much what was on the table in July, including the Navas exchange. Will backfire on United if they've stalled it, can see De Gea sitting in the stands for a season then leaving for free.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 31st, 2015, 6:43 PM
Real apparently hadn't bid until today and I hadn't seen that offer reported anywhere before now. De Gea won't sit in the stands anyway, if he ends up staying he'll play and do well. He has Euro 2016 at the end of the season. It makes no sense for club or player to be stupid about it.

RuneEdge
August 31st, 2015, 7:00 PM
Both clubs are claiming they have time stamps to prove they sent the documents before the deadline, and are blaming each other for the deal not going through. AS are now saying that United sent the files but Madrid couldnt open the document format. :lol:

El Capitano Gatisto
August 31st, 2015, 7:02 PM
Sid Lowe saying that Man United had to send their docs through to FIFA to confirm the transfer, so if they have done that before midnight then the transfer has gone through. Real Madrid are responsible for notifying the Spanish FA, so if those papers were late then it is their fault and it raises the possibility that they have signed him but can't register him until January.

RuneEdge
August 31st, 2015, 7:16 PM
I'm started to get the feeling they'll have this all sorted for De Gea by the end of tomorrow, but not for Keylor Navas moving to United. :scared:

El Capitano Gatisto
August 31st, 2015, 7:20 PM
The Navas deal has until the end of the Premier League window to go through (1800pm tomorrow), so there's no pressure on it. If de Gea is sorted then so is Navas.

RuneEdge
August 31st, 2015, 7:23 PM
So the deadline only applies to players moving into Spanish teams, and not the ones leaving?

El Capitano Gatisto
August 31st, 2015, 7:29 PM
Of course, always been that way. It's why Russian teams have been able to sign players 2 weeks after the rest of the league deadlines shut.

RFF Champ
September 1st, 2015, 2:36 AM
FIFA rejected the Ruiz to Levante transfer because the paperwork was late by a 'matter of a minute' in January. http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/148406/fifa-deny-bryan-ruiz-transfer-to-levante/

Peter Griffin
September 1st, 2015, 3:57 AM
Being linked with Bradley Johnson. Would be a decent signing I think, though Alex probably knows more than me :D

Beefy
September 1st, 2015, 4:14 AM
FIFA rejected the Ruiz to Levante transfer because the paperwork was late by a 'matter of a minute' in January. http://www.insidespanishfootball.com/148406/fifa-deny-bryan-ruiz-transfer-to-levante/

Bet you a fiver they don't reject Real Madrid.

EDIT - offer withdrawn :)

Ringo
September 1st, 2015, 5:26 AM
New developments now from Madrid as the plot surrounding David de Gea’s transfer to Real Madrid takes another twist. Sky Sports News HQ’s Gary Cotterill has the latest…

“On the basis that La Liga didn’t receive any paperwork from Real Madrid regarding David de Gea, there is an avenue of appeal that both clubs could pursue direct to FIFA. It would seem all parties want the deal to go through but, as there was no paperwork, La Liga would be unlikely to back Real Madrid in that appeal and therefore any appeal would be certain to fail."

Simon
September 1st, 2015, 5:41 AM
It'll go through. This is Madrid and United we're talking about. FIFA don't have the balls to make them stick to the rules.

RFF Champ
September 1st, 2015, 6:20 AM
Being linked with Bradley Johnson. Would be a decent signing I think, though Alex probably knows more than me :D

Not a chance they let him go!

El Capitano Gatisto
September 1st, 2015, 7:17 AM

Was that late on FIFA's own system though? By the sounds of it this transfer was on time with FIFA but not the Spanish league. In fact it sounds now as if Real have really fucked up somewhere, which raises the possibility they may even have deliberately tried to stall this so they can keep Navas for a year and have de Gea on a free next summer (presuming their transfer ban doesn't happen).

It's weird, Balague and other Spanish journalists seemed to hear very quickly the papers hadn't reached the Spanish league, but now the league office is saying the papers arrived after this or may even have not arrived at all. It's all really bizarre.

Ringo
September 1st, 2015, 7:31 AM
Been confirmed it's dead and he's staying at United. Perez is holding a press conference and De Gea will talk to the press tonight.

Rip
September 1st, 2015, 7:34 AM
It'll go through. This is Madrid and United we're talking about. FIFA don't have the balls to make them stick to the rules.

Looks like they might...

Someone is getting fired over this.

West Ham doing some good business, wonder where Carrol will be in the morning.

Simon
September 1st, 2015, 7:42 AM
Song and Moses are good signings, not sure why they've gone for Jelavic though he doesn't exactly have a great record in the Prem. A little better than one in four for Hull and Everton.

Ringo
September 1st, 2015, 7:43 AM
Having let go of Cuadrado and Moses, Mourinho must really think highly of Traore and Kenedy unless there's someone else lined up.

Ringo
September 1st, 2015, 7:58 AM
Now it looks like we've secured a 4m deal for Reading's Michael Hector. :cool:

Rip
September 1st, 2015, 7:58 AM
Song and Moses are good signings, not sure why they've gone for Jelavic though he doesn't exactly have a great record in the Prem. A little better than one in four for Hull and Everton.

They are after Yilmaz as well according to reports, certainly increasing the attacking options, I can see Jelavic playing well for Bilic there as well he has always looked really good in flashes but never managed to be consistent, was it the 2012 season where he was scoring for fun at the end?

BBF
September 1st, 2015, 8:08 AM

Played for us on loan a while back and stood out above everyone else in the conference so good signing :yes:

Ringo
September 1st, 2015, 8:11 AM
Excellent. Pogba and Stones are too obvious. I'm down with Michael Hector and Papy Djilobodji.

BBF
September 1st, 2015, 8:13 AM
To be fair he's looked brilliant whenever I've seen Reading too. Double your offer now.

Simon
September 1st, 2015, 8:17 AM

Really good player from the little I've seen on him.

Glad I stuck to my guns on the De Gea thing, UEFA have deleted their tweet 'confirming' that he would be staying at United...might still be off but never underestimate the power the big clubs have if they feel like throwing their toys out.

Simon
September 1st, 2015, 8:18 AM
They are after Yilmaz as well according to reports, certainly increasing the attacking options, I can see Jelavic playing well for Bilic there as well he has always looked really good in flashes but never managed to be consistent, was it the 2012 season where he was scoring for fun at the end?

According to Wikipedia he scored 16 goals for Everton, and from memory it feels like he scored about 15 in the four or five games he played against Spurs so he must have been shite the rest of the time.

Ringo
September 1st, 2015, 8:22 AM
Apparently Hector's going back to Reading on loan anyway. :zzz:

Mail was saying the Martial deal could end up being 58m with add-ons... interested to see what ends up getting reported when it's done.

MMH
September 1st, 2015, 8:26 AM
According to Wikipedia he scored 16 goals for Everton, and from memory it feels like he scored about 15 in the four or five games he played against Spurs so he must have been shite the rest of the time.

He scored a ridiculous amount when he first signed. 12 in 14 or something like that and then didnt score or even hit the target for a year.

Scored 2 in his final game for us, should have got a hat trick but missed a penalty because hes an idiot.

Constantly offside too.

Hlebsfall
September 1st, 2015, 8:41 AM
So that's the grand total of 0 outfield signings for Arsenal. Probably didn't want to upset the balance of the team and potentially finish above 3rd or 4th for the first time in a decade.

Pablo Diablo
September 1st, 2015, 8:48 AM
I can't believe United's end transfer window here. This is ridiculous as it stands. De Gea is whatever. If he stays I'm ok with it. If he goes, they better be buying someone this window, not waiting until January.

The Rosk
September 1st, 2015, 9:01 AM
So that's the grand total of 0 outfield signings for Arsenal. Probably didn't want to upset the balance of the team and potentially finish above 3rd or 4th for the first time in a decade.

I know someone who works with Arsenal. You've got someone fucking huge coming. Can't say it on here because I'll get prosecuted. But fucking hell this is huge.

huge.

Hlebsfall
September 1st, 2015, 9:59 AM
Is it Kim Kallstrom again. There's not even anyone rumoured, no club is this good at covering deals up, seeing as the window shuts in 3 hours.

Romford Pele
September 1st, 2015, 10:05 AM
I know someone who works with Arsenal. You've got someone fucking huge coming. Can't say it on here because I'll get prosecuted. But fucking hell this is huge.

huge.

Do not play with me Rosk. Its the hope that kills you :cry:

Reech
September 1st, 2015, 11:22 AM

I read that your the only team in the top 5 euro leagues to not sign a first team outfield player

Simon
September 1st, 2015, 11:34 AM
We're about 90 minutes away from having only one striker until January.

Ringo
September 1st, 2015, 11:35 AM
Mail was saying the Martial deal could end up being 58m with add-ons... interested to see what ends up getting reported when it's done.

Monaco will receive € 50 million guarantee. This will be paid in the amount of € 30 million up front, followed by four payments of € 5 million each year in July. The additional unsecured expenses, totaling another € 30 million. These include € 5 million each time Martial is the top scorer in the Premier League, to a maximum of € 15 million. Another € 5 million will be due if Martial wins Golden Boy. The final € 10m will be paid if Martial won the Balon D'or career in Manchester.

So he'll be pretty great if he ends up costing that much.

Reech
September 1st, 2015, 11:37 AM
We're about 90 minutes away from having only one striker until January.

What about big Ade?

Simon
September 1st, 2015, 11:41 AM
What about big Ade?

Not even got a squad number. Apparently we are currently haggling over how much we have to pay him to leave. He wants 5m :lol: I almost respect the sheer shamelessness of it.

son_of_foley
September 1st, 2015, 11:59 AM
What about son

Simon
September 1st, 2015, 12:02 PM
What about son

Neither him nor N'Jie are strikers AFAIK...Son is a left winger, N'Jie is a right winger. We currently have four players who can 'sort of' play there (those two plus Chadli and Lamela) but only one proper striker. Even the one striker we're trying to get isn't really suited to playing on his own up top. Should have guessed this would happen. I think the tide may have turned on Levy now, what was seen as good business sense over the years now just seems like penny-pinching - unless we sign a centre mid and a striker in the next hour, we're further from the top four than we have been since Juande Ramos was in charge.

son_of_foley
September 1st, 2015, 12:04 PM
We're rumoured to be breaking record fee AGAIN either Johnson or pritchard.

If true I'm getting worried as to all this money we've spent but at the same time being a bit wahey slap it up yes yes bag of dicks

Simon
September 1st, 2015, 12:06 PM
https://twitter.com/SBerahino/status/638744042772299776

:chin:

Peter Griffin
September 1st, 2015, 12:16 PM
Pritchard just signed a new deal, and Johnson won't be sold bt Norwich according to Alex.