PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Gary J
July 1st, 2014, 3:12 PM
Also of the four players you listed costing half the price of Livermore there's a reason for that they are all worse players then him.

RFF Champ
July 1st, 2014, 3:55 PM
I don't mean that he's surplus at Hull, he is at the club selling him. There's not a market in the land where an athletic centre mid with limited contributions is considered value. Therefore something is inflating the price.

RFF Champ
July 1st, 2014, 3:57 PM
Only one of those came from an English club and he hadn't a minute's worth of Premier League experience.

Either way, £8m is peanuts nowadays.

No I meant if you bought them today. All are as good as Livermore yet don't come close to his price.

Gary J
July 1st, 2014, 4:30 PM
I don't mean that he's surplus at Hull, he is at the club selling him. There's not a market in the land where an athletic centre mid with limited contributions is considered value. Therefore something is inflating the price.

I know you meant he was surplus at Spurs that was my point surplus players at bigger clubs tend to get a couple of million added to their price.

Of the surplus players i listed i doubt many of them would be allowed to leave for less then £6m and a lot of them are unproven in the premiership. Livermore has proved he would a regular for us and with his age and the homegrown rule i think £8m is about right (if it reaches £8m that fee is reliant on add-ons)

Chris Scott
July 1st, 2014, 4:30 PM
I think 4231 is more likely:

Mignolet

Johnson Sahko CB LB

Gerrard Can

Lallana Henderson Coutinho

Sturridge

Could easily switch that to a 4-3-3 with Sterling coming on. We badly need a left back and a cultured centre back as well as another striker. Luckily we should have £80m in the bank soon enough.

Yeah Coutinho, Lallana and Sterling will rotate between each other. Hopefully we use Flanagan more at right back and keep Johnson on his toes. I'd sign Cole for LB until we can find a proper long term replacement.

son_of_foley
July 1st, 2014, 4:37 PM
I honestly dont rate Livermore as a player certainly not at that price

Peter Griffin
July 1st, 2014, 4:43 PM
He certainly wasnt that good for us. :shifty:

Rip
July 1st, 2014, 4:58 PM
Siem de Jong hopefully to be announced tomorrow at £6m, good signing for us finally looks like we might replace Cabs, now we need a number 9 for him to play with.

Chris Scott
July 1st, 2014, 5:41 PM
Is that your first official signing in a while?

Chris Scott
July 1st, 2014, 5:43 PM
Not that we didn't already know, but most media especially the local echo are saying Barca are sending someone over tomorrow to begin talks over Suarez.

RFF Champ
July 1st, 2014, 5:47 PM
Livermore isn't surplus to requirements for us if he is available he gets picked. The top teams always sell their surplus player for higher fees regardless of nationality.If you are after a player from a top six club you might as well as add a bit extra to their price.

I would say for last season's top 4 their surplus players that aren't English are Boyata , Guidetti , Suso , Assaidai , Aspas , Borini , Moses , Lukaku , Ake, Van Aanholt, Lucas Piazon , Atsu , Marin , Gnabry , Coquelin , Joel Campbell , Yaya Sanogo.

How many of those would go for less then £6m

I don't get this list because most of them have more ability than Livermore and a lot of them would transfer for less than 6mil.

Rip
July 1st, 2014, 6:03 PM
Is that your first official signing in a while?

We've had two already this close season, Ayoze Perez (20 year old 16 goals in 34 games striker for Tenerife last year) and Jack Colback (sorry Mik)

Retweeted Siem de Jong (@siemdejong):

Time for a new step in my life and in my career, ‪#‎Ajax‬ I will never forget you ‪#‎THANKYOU‬ @NUFC here I come!

El Capitano Gatisto
July 1st, 2014, 6:06 PM
I don't get this list because most of them have more ability than Livermore and a lot of them would transfer for less than 6mil.

Yeah I was going to say, of the players that would go for over £6 million in that list, only Lukaku is really "surplus" and he's way more useful than Livermore.

Gary J
July 1st, 2014, 6:34 PM

I basically just looked at the squads of the top four picked the non english players who don't get a look in or are likely too.

Yeah i agree a few of them have more ability then Liverpool but i don't think many of them would go for less then 6m if they were sold.

Arsenal got £12m for Carlos Vela. Chelsea got £20m for De Bruyne. What did either of those do at Arsenal and Chelsea do to be valued at those prices. Not a thing they went on loan and ended up being worth that fee to the clubs they went to.

Livermore did a good job for us last season and Spurs have used that when setting a price for him.

Back to the original point about Lallana is he overpriced at £25m absolutely he is but then bigger clubs always end up paying more as Southampton know Liverpool have the money to pay such a fee. They may have been expecting Suarez to leave too which is maybe why they were holding out for £30m.

RFF Champ
July 1st, 2014, 6:45 PM
Lallana was club captain and has just been to the World Cup, he only recently signed a new deal. Any team that wanted him was always going to have to pay max fee, it's too much in my opinion but I can see why the fee is so high. Livermore had no prospect at Spurs with no bidding war or long term contract. He's nothing special, and players of his ability transfer for much less than that all the time. He's only transferring for that because he's English and Hull have too much money burning a hole in their pocket. I honestly find it difficult to understand why this has to be argued, it's a plainly stupid fee for an alright player.

RFF Champ
July 1st, 2014, 6:52 PM
I think Hull have done the right thing signing him by the way. He clearly fit in well and if you're going to stick with Huddlestone then you might as well have his mate next to him doing the running. They've got plenty of fixtures too but I think if you're throwing that kind of cash around then you need to find better players to help you accumulate more than just 37 points. The initial point was that it's a clearly inflated fee related to the fact that he's English, it's about as far away from maximising resources as you'll get.

Gary J
July 1st, 2014, 7:07 PM
Palace supposedly showed some interest in him. I think Spurs will have looked at how he settled in our team and probably chanced asking for £8m. The homegrown rule probably bumped up his value too. I don't think it was that unreasonable a fee for him really.

Gary J
July 1st, 2014, 7:11 PM
My argument though is that bigger clubs will always get an inflated price for players like Livermore. Liverpool got £4m for Ngog and what he did he ever show to be worth that. He got valued at that because he was at Liverpool so it is assumed they have something about them to end up at a club like that.

Rip
July 1st, 2014, 7:16 PM
https://scontent-b-cdg.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t1.0-9/q71/s720x720/10410970_10152500389641233_1362471610432565027_n.j pg

Ajax Captain, £6m.

Good player, excellent price.

Romford Pele
July 2nd, 2014, 7:23 AM
According to football365 Liverpool are meeting Barca today to discuss Suarez. £70m fee in the mix.

Chris Scott
July 2nd, 2014, 2:04 PM
Not that we didn't already know, but most media especially the local echo are saying Barca are sending someone over tomorrow to begin talks over Suarez.

Keep up NB.

turdpower
July 2nd, 2014, 6:13 PM
Why "especially" the echo?

Simon
July 2nd, 2014, 6:15 PM
Because even though they only said it once, you could hear it a few times.

Bad Collin
July 2nd, 2014, 6:40 PM
brilliant, loved it

RuneEdge
July 2nd, 2014, 7:30 PM
Liverpool apparently want Sanchez as a part of the deal. Will be interesting to see how a front line of Suarez, Neymar and Messi will work out next year.

_me
July 3rd, 2014, 1:34 AM
Liverpool apparently want Sanchez as a part of the deal. Will be interesting to see how a front line of Suarez, Neymar and Messi will work out next year.

Suarez, Neymar, Messi vs Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema. The attacking options on the Spanish teams are crazy. Does any team in the EPL have even ONE better attacking option, let alone three? Maybe Aguero (and he could easily be a upcoming replacement for Benzema)… Could see Sterling eventually but not yet… Hazard has the talent but doesn't produce half what those guys do…

El Capitano Gatisto
July 3rd, 2014, 6:45 AM
I don't really see it working out that well for Barcelona with those 3 up front. They'd have been better off keeping Pedro in the team, maybe getting a good target man or two and improving their defence and midfield options. Both Suarez and Neymar are going to play second fiddle to Messi. The guy scores 40-50 goals a season, there's only so many goals that the others can physically score in between the times Messi is scoring.

Simon
July 3rd, 2014, 6:56 AM
What does everyone think of Neymar? I was a little bit suspicious of the hype around him for a while, as he didn't seem to have the physicality of Ronaldo or the technical qualities of Messi yet there was an assumption that he would reach that level, but increasingly he does look the real deal doesn't he? The way he's dealt with the pressure so far with Brazil is insane, possibly the most pressure there has ever been on an individual player (can't think of any others), has been pretty much incredible.

In a way it's a shame that he's at Barcelona where he will be in Messi's shadow for at least a few years you would expect - would have been good to see him at another club doing exactly what those two have done at Barca and Madrid respectively.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 3rd, 2014, 7:05 AM
I think it's sad that 5 great attacking players are at two clubs seemingly operating under no economic duress. Bale, Ronaldo, Neymar, Suarez and Messi all individually could lead a team to titles, and they've all been accumulated into two squads. It's pathetic.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 3rd, 2014, 7:07 AM
That's what is so good about the World Cup, you know Brazil can't come in and take James Rodriguez and Eden Hazard if they feel like it.

RuneEdge
July 3rd, 2014, 11:25 AM
I personally cant see Suarez fitting in well at Barca either. Not after seeing how Neymar has performed over there.
Neymar, as we've seen in the World Cup so far and in the Confederations Cup a while back, needs more freedom to do his thing. You watch him for Barcelona on the left wing and he's half as effective . More often than not, he seems to recieve the ball at the byline instead of getting into the sort of positions you see Messi get into (centrally, in the final third), where players of their quality can do the real damage. Sanchez is the same, who looks dangerous through the center for Chile.

Messi's always been Barca's focal point and needs to be playing through the center if you want to get 40+ goals out of him every season. You can start him on the right and he'd be fine, but if someone else is in the center, they just seem to get in Messi's way when he goes on one of his crazy runs. You see it happen often for Argentina. Suarez and (arguably) Neymar also occupy the same position when they're at their best.
So when it comes down to it, you're gonna have to let the man, who's averaged 50+ goals over the last 6 years, have his way.

RFF Champ
July 3rd, 2014, 11:33 AM
Why are Liverpool wining and dining them?

El Capitano Gatisto
July 3rd, 2014, 12:29 PM
I think Rodgers has probably been pragmatic about this, he knows Suarez wants to go and he also probably saw the title run-in as quite instructive. Suarez really hasn't done it for Liverpool against any of the big sides, even in games Liverpool have won. In the City game, for example, Coutinho and Sterling were superb but Suarez was quite poor and was lucky not to get himself sent off. He blows up under pressure a bit, which is probably why he bit Chiellini. This is not to say Suarez is not a class player, he's absolutely brilliant and he won a lot of games for Liverpool, but it's tough to pick out any really big games he has won for them. I think Rodgers probably believes Liverpool have enough to win those ordinary games anyway, especially if they improve the squad overall by netting £80 million for Suarez. They have a Premier League goalscorer in Sturridge, I think Liverpool have probably decided their faith lies with him rather than Suarez going forward as at times they had issues dove-tailing in certain games. Their best runs of form tended to come at the expense or the absence of the other.

RFF Champ
July 3rd, 2014, 12:42 PM
I'm not sure they have anyone capable of holding the ball and turning the number of direct balls they play up front into an attack as well as Suarez. It's a massive loss for the way they play. There are others that can do it but he's on another level.

Also Rodgers or whoever dictates the transfers isn't to be trusted with that sort of cash.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 3rd, 2014, 12:53 PM
If part of the decision making process was that they didn't fancy their own ability at buying players then they should probably quit anyway since shaping squads is a big part of the game. Having Champions League football means you are shopping on a different level. He may have ended up with Iago Aspas, but the players Rodgers realistically wanted last summer included Mikhtaryan, Willian and Diego Costa, so I don't think identifying targets is necessarily an issue, just signing them without being in the Champions League. Like I said, Suarez is a great player but there's enough tactical versatility and attacking threat in Liverpool's squad to cope and they can make improvements with his wages off the bill, the transfer fee and the CL place.

Romford Pele
July 4th, 2014, 8:53 AM
If Liverpool get between £60-£80m its a good deal, especially as he is banned for 4 months. If they spend the money well (not sure they will when they are signing average players for £25m) then its good for them.

Appaz Sanchez is refusing to be makeweight as he wants to come to us pleeeease let that happen

Andy
July 4th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Debuchy is such an uninspiring target for us, he's hardly looked great at Newcastle. I'd probably rather have Micah Richards and one more versatile defender.

Romford Pele
July 4th, 2014, 10:48 AM
I wouldn't. Richards hasn't been good for about 5 years - think he is one of those where he has let fame and money go to his head

Debuchy is a solid full back, Premier League and international experience. Would be a good signing.

Peter Griffin
July 4th, 2014, 11:02 AM
I wouldn't. Richards hasn't been good for about 5 years - think he is one of those where he has let fame and money go to his head

what the fuck are you basing that on?

Rip
July 4th, 2014, 11:33 AM
Debuchy is such an uninspiring target for us, he's hardly looked great at Newcastle. I'd probably rather have Micah Richards and one more versatile defender.

:wtf:

He looks solid for us, gets forward well, never stops running and can tackle, recently voted best right back in Europe?

Nah, your right mate, you sign Richards and we'll keep him thanks.

Andy
July 4th, 2014, 12:03 PM
Was he?! Maybe I've watched the wrong games but he just seems average and often dives in like a lunatic.

Gary J
July 4th, 2014, 12:04 PM
what the fuck are you basing that on?

Stuart Pearce had problems with Micah Richards attitude.

Mark Hughes said Richards was lazy in training and had problems with him.

Mancini said that Richards "needed to pick up his brain when he come's to work"

Plenty to base it from actually.

Peter Griffin
July 4th, 2014, 12:14 PM
fair enough, I just thought he was injured all the time :happysad:

Grimario
July 4th, 2014, 12:46 PM

He looks solid for us, gets forward well, never stops running and can tackle, recently voted best right back in Europe?

Voted by who exactly... Newcastle fans? He's not remotely close to the class of the guy playing right back on the other side if the pitch today.

But don't see why Andy is complaining other than that he always does. Perennial 4th place battlers should be chuffed to have the French right back as a target.

MMH
July 4th, 2014, 3:49 PM

These voters have obviously never seen Seamus Coleman.

MMH
July 4th, 2014, 3:50 PM
Voted by who exactly... Newcastle fans? He's not remotely close to the class of the guy playing right back on the other side if the pitch today.

But don't see why Andy is complaining other than that he always does. Perennial 4th place battlers should be chuffed to have the French right back as a target.

To replace the other French right back.

Rip
July 4th, 2014, 4:07 PM
Voted by who exactly... Newcastle fans?.

Some statistic website.

Bluemoon
July 4th, 2014, 4:07 PM
Stuart Pearce had problems with Micah Richards attitude.

Mark Hughes said Richards was lazy in training and had problems with him.

Mancini said that Richards "needed to pick up his brain when he come's to work"

Plenty to base it from actually.

Are these actually true quotes or the usual made up ones?

Bad Collin
July 4th, 2014, 4:59 PM
BBC are reporting that Barca are going to pay the release clause. Good news for Arsenal because it means that we'll have no control over the Sanchez situation. I hope we have a deal lined up for a replacement.

Gary J
July 4th, 2014, 5:26 PM
Are these actually true quotes or the usual made up ones?

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2009/apr/24/micah-richards-mark-hughes-row-manchester-city

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/284676/Get-your-brain-in-gear-Micah-Richards

Bluemoon
July 4th, 2014, 6:34 PM
He's still a good lad and his attitude problems probably are made out to be bigger than what they are. You never see this mentioned about his attitude

http://m.bakewelltoday.co.uk/news/local/hadfield-charity-celebrates-raising-50k-in-first-year-1-6665243

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2521876/Manchester-Citys-Micah-Richards-picks-charities-receive-25-000.html

Gary J
July 5th, 2014, 3:37 AM
I knew about the operation he paid for as the girl lives on one of the council estates in hull so made a bit of news here. Was also mentioned when he got linked with us after tweeting Huddlestone.

His attitude problems may be made out to be bigger then they are i mean it's not like he was the only one who Mancini had rows with or criticised in public. Mark Hughes is also another i'd imagine it's easy to argue with.

I just find it a bit odd that he is not being linked with anyone despite him being in his last year of his contract and still fairly young. Must be a reason maybe wages have scared off teams or it could be his injury problems.

Bluemoon
July 5th, 2014, 5:02 AM
He's been linked with Liverpool and Arsenal for ages now and recently Newcastle.

turdpower
July 5th, 2014, 7:45 AM
Can anyone remember more than 2 or 3 players moving from a side to another side.

If Liverpool have there way, they're going to get 4 Southampton players from last season.

Bad Collin
July 5th, 2014, 7:52 AM
Not in one summer.

Whose the fourth? Clyne? I think they will force Lovren to stay so it will just end up being Lambo and Lallana.

Beefy
July 5th, 2014, 8:02 AM
If Stuart Pearce though Micah Richards' attitude was so bad then why did he pick him as one of his overage players for the Olympics?

Gary J
July 5th, 2014, 9:26 AM
They might have sorted out whatever differences they had by the time the olympics squad was picked. But i seem to remember Pearce being annoyed when Richards withdrew from a u-21 tournament.

turdpower
July 5th, 2014, 9:29 AM
Not in one summer.

Whose the fourth? Clyne? I think they will force Lovren to stay so it will just end up being Lambo and Lallana.

Apparently you've had a bit rejected for Fonte.

wardy
July 5th, 2014, 9:48 AM
They should sign the Holy Goalie as well.

turdpower
July 6th, 2014, 2:13 PM
Ashley Cole going to Roma apparently.

I think his career would have been looked back upon more fondly if he'd to Real Madrid during one of the 6 summers he was linked there.

Andy
July 6th, 2014, 2:20 PM
Dunno about that, he's won the lot and will go down as one of the best. Going to Real wouldn't make him any less of a prick.

turdpower
July 6th, 2014, 2:42 PM
He'd have won more league titles abroad. I can't believe he only won 1 at Chelsea.

turdpower
July 6th, 2014, 2:45 PM
Although I cant believe he's been offered a 3 year deal.

turdpower
July 6th, 2014, 2:46 PM
I can't believe a lot of things about Ashley Cole's career appaz.

Grimario
July 6th, 2014, 7:49 PM
Not that anyone really cares... but Lampard, David Villa and Damien Duff are all going to be playing together next season... in Australia.

Simon
July 7th, 2014, 5:40 AM
Cole to Roma has been confirmed. Also BBC reckons Liverpool are signing Origi and Markovic...exciting times for Liverpool but from a Spurs fan's perspective this seems awfully reminiscent of us last year, that's four players in already with more to come.

Bad Collin
July 7th, 2014, 6:05 AM
Exactly, lose the star player and bring in six to replace him. It seems that Rodgers is getting the players he wanted in this case though and his job is safer than AVB's was.

Romford Pele
July 7th, 2014, 7:50 AM
Apparently fee agreed for Sancez and very close to getting Debuchy. In midfield Lars Bender is out primary target and Schnedlin (sp?) the back up target.

All would improve our squad.

The Rosk
July 7th, 2014, 8:17 AM
Insert Hlebsy saying "more like we'll get three 18 y.o French cunts and the others go to United".

Beefy
July 7th, 2014, 10:12 AM
Is Origi any good?

Simon
July 7th, 2014, 10:18 AM
Ask ECG, think he knows him personally.

Simon
July 8th, 2014, 4:49 AM
http://www.101greatgoals.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Screen-Shot-2014-07-08-at-11.39.30-AM.png

Romford Pele
July 8th, 2014, 7:14 AM
Blahahah yes of course Titi, you idiot.

Simon
July 8th, 2014, 7:26 AM
PSST HE WAS JOKING

Lagom
July 8th, 2014, 7:39 AM
Aha, that must be a new low, being trolled by Titi Camara.

Romford Pele
July 8th, 2014, 7:41 AM
Brrrap

Simon
July 8th, 2014, 8:02 AM
City have signed Willy Cabalero, who has supposedly been unbelievable for Malaga for the past couple of years. Given they've done £6m on a 32 year old and he was one of Pellegrini's main men at Malaga, I think Hart might be done at City. This isn't the angle the papers seem to be going with, but given Pellegrini was happy to fuck him out of the team for a few months for a decidely mediocre keeper in Pantillimon, I reckon Hart's in trouble.

Beefy
July 8th, 2014, 9:54 AM
Hart was pretty good the last few months. The stories I've read suggested that they'll be competing for the starting spot but I'd be surprised if Hart doesn't start the season with the shirt.

Simon
July 8th, 2014, 10:16 AM
Hart was pretty good the last few months. The stories I've read suggested that they'll be competing for the starting spot but I'd be surprised if Hart doesn't start the season with the shirt.

I've a suspicion despite plenty of rumours to the contrary that Lloris will go - if he does I'd love to see us nip in for Hart.

To be honest if Lloris stays with us, the realist in me would think he's a fool. Incredible goalkeeper at the peak of his game, playing for a side in the Europa League and with no realistic chances of fighting for major honours any time soon. And all while Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico, Monaco, PSG, Milan and arguably City could all do with improvements.

Bluemoon
July 8th, 2014, 12:54 PM
City have signed Willy Cabalero, who has supposedly been unbelievable for Malaga for the past couple of years. Given they've done £6m on a 32 year old and he was one of Pellegrini's main men at Malaga, I think Hart might be done at City. This isn't the angle the papers seem to be going with, but given Pellegrini was happy to fuck him out of the team for a few months for a decidely mediocre keeper in Pantillimon, I reckon Hart's in trouble.

Nope he'll be our number 2.

Darkoke
July 8th, 2014, 2:45 PM
Until Hart's 1st mistake.

turdpower
July 8th, 2014, 3:02 PM
He might well be the cup keeper or something. I'm sure he'll play quite often when Hart is fit.

turdpower
July 8th, 2014, 3:03 PM
Blahahah yes of course Titi, you idiot.

:lol:

turdpower
July 8th, 2014, 3:05 PM
I'm very excited about Vidal, surely this won't happen - €40m seems a bit fucking cheap to me, especially if you include Nani.

Vidal and Hummels and I'll be very fucking excited.

Ringo
July 8th, 2014, 3:09 PM
I've a suspicion despite plenty of rumours to the contrary that Lloris will go - if he does I'd love to see us nip in for Hart.

To be honest if Lloris stays with us, the realist in me would think he's a fool. Incredible goalkeeper at the peak of his game, playing for a side in the Europa League and with no realistic chances of fighting for major honours any time soon. And all while Madrid, Barcelona, Atletico, Monaco, PSG, Milan and arguably City could all do with improvements.

Barca have signed ter Stegen though. Looks like they're going to go with him straight away with Claudio Bravo providing a good experienced back up. PSG seem to be into French players (many of whom would be particularly attracted to signing for them too) and Monaco's move for Valdes has apparently fallen through so could definitely see both of them making a big bid for Lloris.

If Courtois does finally come in as is the talk, you'd have to think Cech will be off right away - probably to one of those teams you listed.

Romford Pele
July 9th, 2014, 7:01 AM
Debuchy apparently having medical today/tomorrow. Sanchez could also be announced soon. Dammit, dont keep me hanging on like this!

Simon
July 9th, 2014, 7:41 AM
Barca have signed ter Stegen though. Looks like they're going to go with him straight away with Claudio Bravo providing a good experienced back up. PSG seem to be into French players (many of whom would be particularly attracted to signing for them too) and Monaco's move for Valdes has apparently fallen through so could definitely see both of them making a big bid for Lloris.
Barca have been linked with Navas too though, so you'd think they are still looking for someone more experienced than Ter Stegen. The main thing with the Lloris/Barca link is that he obviously suits their style perfectly.

If Courtois does finally come in as is the talk, you'd have to think Cech will be off right away - probably to one of those teams you listed.
Is the assumption now that Courtois will come in as number one?

Gary J
July 9th, 2014, 7:47 AM
Cech is out injured for a while isn't he? I seem to remember talk that Courtois would be coming in as the number 1 now as Cech would miss the start of the season.

Romford Pele
July 9th, 2014, 9:59 AM
Surely the writing is on the wall for Cech if Courtois comes back - may as well go somewhere for one final payday, he's what 33? Got another 4-5 years potentially

Simon
July 9th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Sanchez is a fucking div if he joins Arsenal.

Red Dog
July 9th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Barca are divs if they swap Sanchez for Suarez

Simon
July 9th, 2014, 10:14 AM
Barca are divs if they swap Sanchez for Suarez

Well obviously not, but shelling out a big fee on top of giving up Sanchez is a bit mad, especially considering the weaknesses elsewhere in the side. There's a strong possibility that next year they'll have Pedro sitting on the bench while Alex Song plays every week at the heart of the midfield.

Peter Griffin
July 9th, 2014, 11:15 AM
Dont have a aneurysm Rosk but Bendtners odds on joining villa have gone from 16/1 to 1/8 overnight.

Romford Pele
July 9th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Gahahaha take that Rosk. Another inspired Villa signing then.

Maybe they will take Chu Young Park as well.

Red Dog
July 9th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Well obviously not, but shelling out a big fee on top of giving up Sanchez is a bit mad, especially considering the weaknesses elsewhere in the side. There's a strong possibility that next year they'll have Pedro sitting on the bench while Alex Song plays every week at the heart of the midfield.

Suarez will get banned again. He is an obvious liability. Look how Man Utd exploded when Cantona got banned that time. He will also be completely marginalised at Barca (rightly) due to Messi. In the same way Aguero does for Argentina.

Sanchez might be marginally less good but he is a more safe pair of hands and still quality in his own right. Like you say, attack is not there issue at all.

Ringo
July 9th, 2014, 12:35 PM
If Xavi is off to Qatar or wherever...

ter Stegen / Bravo

Alves / Montoya
Pique / Bartra
Mascherano / Song?
Alba / Adriano

Busquets / Song
Rakitic
Iniesta / Sergi Roberto

Suarez / Deulofeu? / Afellay? (either of those might be off on loan/permanently)
Messi / Tello (although I'm sure I read he's likely to go)
Neymar / Pedro

They really are looking quite thin in some areas. Although saying that they'll probably debut another 5 instantly amazing academy players.

Andy
July 9th, 2014, 4:37 PM
Bendtner would do fine at Villa, Senderos too.

son_of_foley
July 9th, 2014, 4:45 PM
Nah senderos was shite at Fulham was he not

The Rosk
July 9th, 2014, 4:51 PM
Senderos would be a third choice centre back I imagine. To be honest I am fine with getting people with a bit of experience in in all areas. Senderos and Cole have a shitload of experience and even Bendtner has played 200 games or so for a team consistently in the top four all of his career. If they haven't cost that much then there's not much downside as I don't see them all being first team starters. Vlaar and Okore at the back, Benteke and Weimann/Gabby up top for the meantime.

son_of_foley
July 9th, 2014, 5:06 PM
Is grealish close to first team? Thought maybe he might go championship for 6 months?

The Rosk
July 9th, 2014, 5:34 PM
He's hardly going to start. But I would love him to. Why the fuck not. We are probably going down anyway. Lambert still in charge, no owner, no good players coming in.

son_of_foley
July 9th, 2014, 5:38 PM
Thought he might be formally Joe Coles understudy

RuneEdge
July 9th, 2014, 6:26 PM
I'm very excited about Vidal, surely this won't happen - €40m seems a bit fucking cheap to me, especially if you include Nani.

Vidal and Hummels and I'll be very fucking excited.

Evra to Juve is looking increasingly likely every day now. Hopefully its to sweeten the deal for Vidal. Not sure what we'll do for cover at left back though. Buttner's gone already so we'd have to look to our academy players to cover Luke Shaw, it seems.

But yeah, Vidal and Hummels are the two we need to complete the squad. Hummels at 25 years old would be a quality signing. Has been amazing for Germany so far in the WC.

turdpower
July 9th, 2014, 6:48 PM
I think Patrice will stay this year. Be a bit weird for him to sign the new deal if he wasn't going to.

I'd love to go balls out and go for Thiago Silva too.

Peter Griffin
July 9th, 2014, 6:52 PM
He didnt sign a new deal, man utd exercised a one year extension, presumably so they could get a fee rather than him going for nought.

turdpower
July 9th, 2014, 6:57 PM
My understanding was the it was mutual but to do with the number of games he played in last season, which meant he could sign on for another year.

Surely the power is with the player, not the club.

RuneEdge
July 9th, 2014, 7:04 PM
What those sources are saying is that Juve want the player, and we're not going to stand in his way if he wants to leave. So its down to the player, yeah.

With Rio and Vidic gone, and the fact that originally it was thought that he wanted to leave, I can see the deal happening. After spending £30m on a younger left back, he just might look elsewhere.

I can't see a move for Thiago Silva happening. After spending £50m on Luiz, its clear that they dont need money, and that they definitely need another reliable defender. :lol:
Hummels on the other hand plays for (what seems like) a selling club.

turdpower
July 9th, 2014, 7:06 PM
Well I'd imagine he'd ask for clarification on his first team stance and then make the decision accordingly.

Gary J
July 9th, 2014, 7:08 PM
Not sure what we'll do for cover at left back though. Buttner's gone already so we'd have to look to our academy players to cover Luke Shaw, it seems.

Jonny Evans as cover at Left Back? Didn't he play there for Sunderland. I do think he is currently the best CB Man Utd have but it is an option.

Saying that I saw some swiss left back was getting linked with a move to Man Utd.

RuneEdge
July 9th, 2014, 7:16 PM
We have a right back from Uruguay signed to us from last summer. He was thrown straight into the reserve team. Don't know if he'd be able to play on the other side.
There's also a Belgian right back, Vermijl. He was loaned out last year. 21 and 22 years old.

Beefy
July 9th, 2014, 7:19 PM
My understanding was the it was mutual but to do with the number of games he played in last season, which meant he could sign on for another year.

Surely the power is with the player, not the club.

Nope. It means the club can renew the contract for another year. It wouldn't make sense otherwise. It is fairly common down the leagues.

Andy
July 10th, 2014, 3:21 PM
We've actually signed Sanchez :eek:

Hlebsfall
July 10th, 2014, 3:25 PM
http://www.arsenal.com/assets/_files/scaled/713x1000/jul_14/zp_501284911_SM_7603_6372368E8FC7CCF971B221DC34CE4 051_2806.jpg

Actually signing a player before August 15th, mental.

Red Dog
July 10th, 2014, 3:40 PM
What a fucking awful top that is. That must be a training top surely, not an actual kit people are expected to buy?

turdpower
July 10th, 2014, 3:44 PM
I think Puma might be sponsoring Arsenal this year.

eldanielfire
July 10th, 2014, 3:48 PM
Sanchez is a fucking div if he joins Arsenal.

Oi! He's our div now!:p:D

Ringo
July 10th, 2014, 3:54 PM
What's the Arsenal "starting XI" going to be, Arsenal fans? Not sure I can work out in my head who is going where in those midfield/attacking positions. Remy supposedly on his way too and I don't think I've read anything about players leaving.

Bad Collin
July 10th, 2014, 3:57 PM
Amazing signed from Arsenal. With the players that United and Chelsea are adding there might be a sizable gap from fourth to fifth :(

Andy
July 10th, 2014, 4:06 PM
Where are you getting the Remy stuff from Ringo? I'd like that. The lineup depends on whether Wenger sees Sanchez as a winger or a striker I guess.

Szcz, Debuchy, Mert, Kos, Gibbs, Ramsey, Arteta/Flaming/Wilshere, Walcott, Özil/Cazorla, Sanchez, Giroud as a rough guess.

Hlebsfall
July 10th, 2014, 4:14 PM
What a fucking awful top that is. That must be a training top surely, not an actual kit people are expected to buy?

Yeah, kit launch is at 11pm tonight. I was surprised they didn't hold out announcing it till then.

Ringo
July 10th, 2014, 4:14 PM
No particular source, I just thought that was the general belief? Maybe that talk cooled since the possibility of Sanchez signing arose.

Rip
July 10th, 2014, 5:14 PM
What's the Arsenal "starting XI" going to be, Arsenal fans? Not sure I can work out in my head who is going where in those midfield/attacking positions. Remy supposedly on his way too and I don't think I've read anything about players leaving.

I'd heard the Remy deal was off, rumor is after he didn't get any time at the WC his agent has been in contact with us again, can't see it like.

Romford Pele
July 10th, 2014, 5:18 PM
Sanchez confirmed. Fucking get in!

Just the kind if signing we need. Debuchy, Khedira and a back up goalie would be great now

MMH
July 10th, 2014, 5:39 PM
Jonny Evans as cover at Left Back? Didn't he play there for Sunderland. I do think he is currently the best CB Man Utd have but it is an option.

Saying that I saw some swiss left back was getting linked with a move to Man Utd.

Rodriguez? He is much much better than being a back up.

Gary J
July 10th, 2014, 5:56 PM
Yeah I think that was him. Only seen him during this world cup so can't really say if he is better then Shaw but if it does happen then surely Evra wll be gone.

Rip
July 10th, 2014, 6:11 PM
Sanchez confirmed. Fucking get in!

Just the kind if signing we need. Debuchy, Khedira and a back up goalie would be great now

Debuchy is 90% done, dicking about extras

turdpower
July 10th, 2014, 6:13 PM
I'd love to think a bit of Louis comments about third place play offs was about the fact that he can't start his new job.

Bring in Vidal.

Romford Pele
July 11th, 2014, 4:49 AM
I think the XI would be (Debuchy permitting)

Sz - Debuchy, Kos, BFG, Gibbs - Arteta, Ramsey, Ozil - Cazorla, Giroud, Sanchez

With likes of Tommy V, Wilshire, Flamini, Rosicky, Podolski in the squad and the wasters gone, its looking good.

Now of course Sanchez can play anywhere, so once Walcott is back they might move him to the middle, especially the big boys.

In so many games last season we had no pace going forward against the big sides (I'm thinking Liverpool and Chelsea away), if those two plus Chamberlain are in the side we can push their defence back and counter attack.

If the rumours are Khedira are true then I will start to believe we can win the league :fingersx:

Cant see us getting Remy as well as not sure where that would leave Joel Campbell if he is returning to us.

Alf
July 11th, 2014, 6:33 AM
Is that midfield enough?

Fanny
July 11th, 2014, 6:39 AM
No

Ringo
July 11th, 2014, 7:38 AM
Suarez to Barca confirmed.

http://media2.fcbarcelona.com/media/asset_publics/resources/000/107/714/size_1000x410/1000x410_suarez.v1405078625.jpg

Bad Collin
July 11th, 2014, 8:04 AM
Depressing

Romford Pele
July 11th, 2014, 8:26 AM
Is that midfield enough?

No, we need a defensive midfielder still.

If we got Khedira/Bender would give us:-

New signing, Flamini, Arteta, Rosicky, Wilshire, Ramsey, Cazorla, Ozil, Chamberlain (I'm not including Diaby for obvious reasons)

That would be enough I would think.

Romford Pele
July 11th, 2014, 8:28 AM
Depressing

Welcome to being an Arsenal fan from 2007-2012.

Good money considering his issues. How Rodgers spends the money will dicate how you do. He looks to be going for the Spurs scattergun approach at the moment, he could do with signing one or two established players.

son_of_foley
July 11th, 2014, 8:42 AM
Welcome to being an Arsenal fan from 2007-2012.

Good money considering his issues. How Rodgers spends the money will dicate how you do. He looks to be going for the Spurs scattergun approach at the moment, he could do with signing one or two established players.

I think he's looking to add depth rather than making many changes to the first team squad right now

Fanny
July 11th, 2014, 9:10 AM
I think Suarez is a really, really good player. A great player. But I don't think he's nearly as good as everyone seems to fucking masturbate on about. I hope he crashes and burns at Barca.

_me
July 11th, 2014, 9:47 AM
I think Suarez is a really, really good player. A great player. But I don't think he's nearly as good as everyone seems to fucking masturbate on about. I hope he crashes and burns at Barca.
Luis Suarez scored 31 goals for Liverpool in his final campaign with the club, despite missing the start of the season through suspension. His tally, along with 12 assists, meant he contributed to 43 goals, more than any player in Europe's top five leagues. He notched 82 goals in 133 appearances in all after joining from Ajax in the January transfer window of 2011.

We should all be so overrated. That being said, I don't think it will work great at Barca. I'd rather have Sanchez for the role they need.

Simon
July 11th, 2014, 11:27 AM
Arsenal's squad suddenly looks really good with Sanchez in there as well. Fuck off.

_me
July 11th, 2014, 11:58 AM
Arsenal's squad suddenly looks really good with Sanchez in there as well. Fuck off.
And if they actually get Khedira too? that is a really good summer. the only hope is it looked like Spurs had a good summer last year…

RuneEdge
July 11th, 2014, 4:35 PM
https://twitter.com/DiegoBustosCNN
CNN reporter for Argentina. Reckon's we've done a deal for Di Maria. 150k a week. Could be happening if Madrid are looking to get James Rodriguez in.

turdpower
July 11th, 2014, 4:39 PM
Fucking hell. Never expected that.

Chris Scott
July 11th, 2014, 6:51 PM
I am privileged to have witnessed the historic greats of Dalglish (can't remember much like), Rush and Fowler I'm grateful to have enjoyed Torres, but I am truly honoured to have seen this crazy Uruguayan footballer grace the Anfield turf. His inexorable tenacity and unrelenting desire for our team to match his greatness made my season ticket priceless. His unpredictability swooned us and his determination lifted us, he was an unwilling bystander in every game, in every tournament - he wanted the ball - he wanted to win the game for Liverpool. He screamed at the team mates that adored him to let him score to make us happy. He is the most aggressively direct, single minded and ultra-talented footballer we'll see for a generation. Yes he is an absolute tit who will cheat and win at all costs but now it's sunk in, I'm gutted he's gone.

Also think Rodgers has been brilliant in handling him and I trust him to make our squad stronger like he's said.

RuneEdge
July 12th, 2014, 2:24 AM
Fucking hell. Never expected that.
There were always rumours flying around, except its now getting reported by a few more "credible sources". Onda Cero who're apparantly one of the biggest radio stations in Spain, yesterday claimed the deal's done for about £45m. Of course you take it all with a pinch of salt until someone like Sky reports it, but if anyone else corroborates the story from here, there could be something to it.
The price tag worries me a bit. It already takes our spending past £100m. But then again, we've dropped Nike (who gave us something like £25m a season) for another kit manufacturer who're supposed to give us a lot more. Rumoured to be Adidas who'll pay somewhere between £60m to £70m a season for 10 years.

And Daily Mail are saying we're still talking to Juve and the agent about signing Vidal. £35m was the quoted fee, leading me to assume Evra and Nani will probably be thrown into the deal.

Pablo Diablo
July 12th, 2014, 7:43 AM
But in all this excitement of getting these players. Where exactly are they all going to line up?

El Capitano Gatisto
July 12th, 2014, 8:24 AM
Di Maria can play anywhere along the midfield or frontline. I can't see United getting him, nor Vidal. It's too late to start flashing the chequebook when you've dropped out of the top 4. I think the Van Gaal influence can only stretch so far. Unless the wages are astronomical it's difficult to see a 26 and 27 year old at trophy winning sides dropping out of Europe for at least a year.

RFF Champ
July 12th, 2014, 8:37 AM
Sky Sports are as much bullshitters as the tabloids now with their 'understands...'

RuneEdge
July 12th, 2014, 8:40 AM
But in all this excitement of getting these players. Where exactly are they all going to line up?
Nani would be going, Young is being linked back to Villa again, Giggs has retired, so for attacking midfielders/wingers we'd just have Mata, Shinji, Valencia, Zaha, Januzaj and Bebe. I can see Zaha being loaned/sold, and then there's Bebe who ideally we wouldnt keep.
Its not really that congested.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 12th, 2014, 8:52 AM
Sky Sports are as much bullshitters as the tabloids now with their 'understands...'

So much of their rumours seem to be tied in to their betting odds now as well, they actually make news stories out of their odds coming in. Occasionally it works out as a decent story if a market has to close, but often it's just a load of bollocks.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 12th, 2014, 8:53 AM
Also, on the di Maria story, would he really be discussing a transfer while trying to get fit and ready for a World Cup final? Seems highly unlikely.

RuneEdge
July 12th, 2014, 11:04 AM
To be fair, it could be the clubs and the agent doing all the negotiating, with the player yet to make a decision on things himself. Not that I'm believing anything at the moment. Sky simply report things that they read from other sources, so its not them that's bullshitting us. Until you get proper confirmation from the clubs involved, its still rumours.

RFF Champ
July 12th, 2014, 1:35 PM
They aren't bullshitting you because they're stealing other source's reports and passing it off as their own?

RuneEdge
July 12th, 2014, 2:24 PM
When Sky have an inside scoop, they specifically say "Sky's sources", with a dedicated article/page on the news.
Now take a random news story like this:
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/9380166/transfer-news-paul-pogbas-agent-dismisses-links-with-chelsea

They've clearly mentioned the source and haven't tried to pass it off as their own.

Grimario
July 13th, 2014, 3:09 AM
So... what can anyone tell me about Jonny Steele?

Americans, since he has played most of his career there it would seem...?

NIR people since he is one of your lot and played some international friendlies recently...?

son_of_foley
July 13th, 2014, 8:00 AM
So... what can anyone tell me about Jonny Steele?

Americans, since he has played most of his career there it would seem...?

NIR people since he is one of your lot and played some international friendlies recently...?

He seemed to be in good form for red bull last year. Really good engine and gets stuck in. Don't think he's amazing but tbh I'm not 100% sure what the standard in the A-League is really like I've only seen a bit of it here and there

Peter Griffin
July 13th, 2014, 8:23 AM
ruben zadkovich plays in the league, enough said.

Grimario
July 13th, 2014, 2:02 PM
ruben zadkovich plays in the league, enough said.

Funnily enough, that's who he is replacing after our new coach gave him the flick.

Peter Griffin
July 13th, 2014, 2:16 PM
He has made a wise decision, Is Mile Sterjovski still playing, he was actually pretty good.

Grimario
July 13th, 2014, 2:19 PM
He has made a wise decision, Is Mile Sterjovski still playing, he was actually pretty good.

Retired last season. Now runs a coaching clinic.

Rip
July 13th, 2014, 5:58 PM
Remy Cabella confirmed, £12m.

Looking like a good side for next season, bids for striker and right back in place hopefully both tied up this week.

Getting a nosebleed here lads, scary stuff.

If we get a top-class centre-half through the door as well I might have a bloody heart attack!

RuneEdge
July 14th, 2014, 4:03 AM
Kroos moving to Madrid. Confirmed by the player himself.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 14th, 2014, 7:53 AM
Khedira to Arsenal seems a strange move if it happens. Not really the type of player they need, but it would be pretty bad news for Jack Wilshere. Arsenal need to do more work with the base of their midfield, either a destroyer or a better deep playmaker than Arteta. Khedira is neither of those, he's an energetic runner but not someone who will be effective sitting in front of their defence to let Ramsay +1 go forward.

Simon
July 14th, 2014, 7:56 AM
My mate's an Arsenal fan and he said Arteta is leaving :dunno: has anyone heard that?

With the World Cup overshadowing everything it's mad to think that we've already got Fabregas, Sanchez, Costa and Herrera in the league next year.

Romford Pele
July 14th, 2014, 9:08 AM
I'd be suprised.

From what I have read, he is very happy here - has 1 year left on his contract so think he will stay this season and maybe leave next.

On Khedira, I thought he could play the defensive midfield role.

Andy
July 14th, 2014, 9:46 AM
I don't see Arteta leaving, but I do think we should be phasing him out or replacing him with someone better. I think Khedira could work as a deep lying midfielder. He'd add some needed strength and height too. Would be very surprised (and pleased) if we signed him. Two top quality players from Real Madrid and Barcelona - yes please. Still need a right back, centre back and at least one keeper though.

I still say try and get Cesar and Remy off QPR to add some quality depth.

Hlebsfall
July 14th, 2014, 9:55 AM
Sounds like Ospina is coming in as a keeper. And I think if someone come in for Arteta, they'd get shot of him.

Andy
July 14th, 2014, 10:11 AM
And nice to see Jack Wilshere smoking fags and downing spirits on his holidays. :nono:

Probably make or break for him this season.

Simon
July 14th, 2014, 10:12 AM
Plenty of good players drink and smoke. His problem is that he can't stay fit, drinking and smoking won't help him with that but unless he's smoking 60 a day and downing a bottle of vodka before training I doubt it's a massive hindrance either.

Peter Griffin
July 14th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Sounds like Paul McGrath's training regimen that.

Romford Pele
July 14th, 2014, 11:39 AM
And nice to see Jack Wilshere smoking fags and downing spirits on his holidays. :nono:

Probably make or break for him this season.

At least he still isnt looking up girls skirts on dance floors...

Romford Pele
July 14th, 2014, 11:40 AM
Hard to see where Wilshire fits in the team now. I wonder if he has Rooney syndrome, broke through early was ludicrously talented but never fulfilled his potential.

Simon
July 14th, 2014, 11:43 AM
Gary J is reading all this with a great big grin on his face.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 14th, 2014, 12:02 PM
Plenty of good players drink and smoke. His problem is that he can't stay fit, drinking and smoking won't help him with that but unless he's smoking 60 a day and downing a bottle of vodka before training I doubt it's a massive hindrance either.

Smoking would be a pretty big hindrance if he is at it regularly. Any smoker will be told when they injure themselves, need an operation, fracture a bone etc that their habit will impair their healing. That's largely why smoking causes so many health problems because of the disruption of inflammation. So really a professional footballer with injury problems especially should avoid smoking altogether.
That's if he does smoke regularly and not just a couple when he's plastered.

Simon
July 14th, 2014, 12:05 PM
Yeah that's the point though, with most players the cigarette photos only come out when they're on their holidays, so either they do it on the sly during the season or they're just occasional smokers and that's a rare time when their guard is down. My point is just that other than the lack of professionalism, boozing and smoking isn't Wilshere's issue really, smoking a few cigarettes a day isn't the reason his ankle is knacked.

Peter Griffin
July 14th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Hard to see where Wilshire fits in the team now. I wonder if he has Rooney syndrome, broke through early was ludicrously talented but never fulfilled his potential.

Wayne is a frustrating player at times, but a rough goals to games ratio of 1 in 2 for club and country since leaving Everton is pretty good going in my book.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 14th, 2014, 12:30 PM
Yeah that's the point though, with most players the cigarette photos only come out when they're on their holidays, so either they do it on the sly during the season or they're just occasional smokers and that's a rare time when their guard is down. My point is just that other than the lack of professionalism, boozing and smoking isn't Wilshere's issue really, smoking a few cigarettes a day isn't the reason his ankle is knacked.

He has been caught smoking before during the season, Wenger had to publically play it down while obviously not being very happy about it. He seems to spend a lot of time out injured and that could well be exacerbated by smoking, rather than attributing any specific injury to it. Not talking 60 a day either, any regula habit is going to cause an issue.

Romford Pele
July 14th, 2014, 12:36 PM
Wayne is a frustrating player at times, but a rough goals to games ratio of 1 in 2 for club and country since leaving Everton is pretty good going in my book.

No, I'm not denying that - he has done well but if you remember the sky high expectations after Euro 2004 he was being considered the next Gazza (in a good way) and one of the best players in the world.

No one can argue that he isnt a very good player, but is he in the Messi/Ronaldo category? No.

Perhaps a victim of media hype, but he has not helped himself with his diet off season. In Fergies last book, he said every summer rooney would come back overweight, whilst Ronaldo would just keep training.

Romford Pele
July 14th, 2014, 12:39 PM
He has been caught smoking before during the season, Wenger had to publically play it down while obviously not being very happy about it. He seems to spend a lot of time out injured and that could well be exacerbated by smoking, rather than attributing any specific injury to it. Not talking 60 a day either, any regula habit is going to cause an issue.

Yeah it was a bit foolish on Jacks part. With his injury problems, and the fact that he is not seen as the 'saviour' of Arsenals midfield anymore, he is going to have a tough time dislodging the likes of Ramsey and Ozil.

RuneEdge
July 14th, 2014, 2:09 PM
United have confirmed the kit deal with Adidas.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-28282444

A record breaking £750m deal over 10 years. :eek: That's frickin awesome. Especially when you look at what other teams in the world get:

Man Utd: Adidas £75m a season
Real Madrid: Adidas £31m
Chelsea: Adidas £30m
Arsenal: Puma £30m
Barcelona: Nike £27m
Man City : Nike £12m

Not bad for a team who arent in Europe. :yes:

MMH
July 14th, 2014, 2:18 PM

A record breaking £750m deal over 10 years. :eek: That's frickin awesome. Especially when you look at what other teams in the world get:

Its shit and ruining football.

RuneEdge
July 14th, 2014, 2:23 PM
What's shit and ruining football?

MMH
July 14th, 2014, 2:47 PM
What's shit and ruining football?

Clubs getting 75M a season for kits. Blows every other club out of the water. Whats the point in bothering to compete with stuff like that?

Romford Pele
July 14th, 2014, 2:52 PM
Glazers must be laughing for sure.

Free market I'm afraid MMH. I don't like it either and I think Adidas are mugs, but you can't blame united for trying to get the best deal.

Interesting Nike have now lost Arsenal and United.

Gary J
July 14th, 2014, 3:04 PM
Nike won't care about losing United and Arsenal while they have the NFL deal. Considering the price Man Utd were asking for (did Arsenal ask for a similar price?) I don't blame them for not renewing and think Adidas are mugs for paying it.

MMH
July 14th, 2014, 3:21 PM
Oh im not blaming United at all. Its just a ridiculous amount of money. Football is eating itself.

turdpower
July 14th, 2014, 3:33 PM
I was surprised how low the City deal was.

Bluemoon
July 14th, 2014, 4:19 PM
Don't worry it's all our fault, were ruining football remember.

Mik
July 14th, 2014, 4:27 PM

I'm with MMH, its bullshit.

turdpower
July 14th, 2014, 4:30 PM
I've only just realised what thread this is.

Why is this a transfer rumour?

Mik
July 14th, 2014, 4:31 PM
Because they've got more money to blow on transfers from their sponsorship deal than we'd get from all of our income put together, every year...for 10 years.

Rip
July 14th, 2014, 4:33 PM
£5m agreed with Feyenoord for Daryl Janmaat due to complete paperwork tomorrow.

Lads, this is getting silly here, am I looking at the wrong club?

RuneEdge
July 14th, 2014, 4:35 PM
Because they've got more money to blow on transfers from their sponsorship deal than we'd get from all of our income put together, every year...for 10 years.

Exactly. I mentioned a few days ago that we're apparantly trying to get Vidal and Di Maria in, along with the £60m we've already spent. Which seems reasonable considering how much Adidas are giving us.

MMH
July 14th, 2014, 4:49 PM
£5m agreed with Feyenoord for Daryl Janmaat due to complete paperwork tomorrow.

Lads, this is getting silly here, am I looking at the wrong club?

It will all end up in tears.

Its Newcastle remember?

Sorry to bring you down to earth like that.

Bad Collin
July 14th, 2014, 4:51 PM
When did Graham Carr move to Holland?

RFF Champ
July 14th, 2014, 5:12 PM
When Sports Direct became the biggest sports retailer in France.

Rip
July 14th, 2014, 7:49 PM
It will all end up in tears.

Its Newcastle remember?

Sorry to bring you down to earth like that.

I know, that's what worries me mate, we'll find a way to rollercoaster it.

:lol:

Tim Krul put his name forward last season.

Bad Collin
July 15th, 2014, 1:32 PM
http://assets1.lfcimages.com/uploads/1166__3498__1000h_517X310.jpg

Handsome man. I hope he's good.

Red Dog
July 15th, 2014, 1:51 PM
We have signed Roger Riera from Barcelona.

No idea if he is any good as he sound like a FM generated player.

However, it is fair to say that these kind of signings would not have been happening under previous managers and there must be a certain Pearce factor involved. Long may that continue.

Rip
July 15th, 2014, 5:18 PM

Looks like back to France for our next one if rumors are correct.

Rip
July 15th, 2014, 5:21 PM
We have signed Roger Riera from Barcelona.

No idea if he is any good as he sound like a FM generated player.

However, it is fair to say that these kind of signings would not have been happening under previous managers and there must be a certain Pearce factor involved. Long may that continue.

Don't think he's played a senior game yet.

Rip
July 16th, 2014, 3:33 AM
Looks like back to France for our next one if rumors are correct.

Emmanuel Rivière from Monaco arrived for medical this morning to complete £5m move.

AND we're still in the market for a centre-half and a second striker.

Hold me lads, I'm scared...

Simon
July 16th, 2014, 6:22 AM
Some interesting deals from around Europe people might not have noticed during the World Cup...

Keylor Navas (Levante -> Real Madrid)
Mario Mandzukic (Bayern -> Atletico)
Ezequiel Garay (Benfica -> Zenit)
Yann M'Vila (Rubin -> Inter)
Juan Bernat (Valencia -> Bayern)
Bruno Martins Indi (Feyenoord -> Porto)
Michy Batshuayi (Standard -> Marseille)
Ciro Immobile (Torino -> Dortmund)
Adrian Ramos (Hertha -> Dortmund)
Claudio Bravo (Real Sociedad -> Barcelona)
Jan Oblak (Benfica -> Atletico)
Alfred Finnbogasson (Heerenveen -> Real Sociedad)
Luuk de Jong (Gladbach -> PSV)

Simon
July 16th, 2014, 8:25 AM
Chelsea have now signed Filipe Luis as well. :zzz:

Romford Pele
July 16th, 2014, 8:45 AM
Khedira stuff has gone quiet....not sure what to make of that.

Ospina and Debuchy hopefully announced soon.

RuneEdge
July 16th, 2014, 8:59 AM
Khedira stuff has gone quiet....not sure what to make of that.

Has it? I thought it was just starting to pick up.

BBF
July 16th, 2014, 9:12 AM
Big rumour on twitter that Arsenal have agreed £19.8m deal for him.

Grain of salt etc etc

_me
July 16th, 2014, 9:37 AM
Big rumour on twitter that Arsenal have agreed £19.8m deal for him.

Grain of salt etc etc
i thought the hold up was Khedira's wage demands not the transfer fee?

Simon
July 16th, 2014, 9:38 AM
Dem Baba has joined Besiktas.

RFF Champ
July 16th, 2014, 10:26 AM
I think he could have done better.

Simon
July 17th, 2014, 7:49 AM
Kroos to Madrid is official, £20m...crazy low figure when you think about what that price usually gets you nowadays.

Matthias Ginter has gone to Dortmund, very highly-rated defender. Also Cristian Tello has joined Porto on a two-year loan deal and Juan Iturbe, who is highly rated but I have literally never seen play, has gone to Roma for around £20m.

Andy
July 17th, 2014, 7:58 AM
Kroos only had 10 months left on his contract so not too surprising. Madrid have a mental team for next season now.

Romford Pele
July 17th, 2014, 9:55 AM
Hopefully that nudges Khedira out of the door...

MikeHunt
July 17th, 2014, 9:57 AM
Kroos £20mil

Lalanna £26mil

joke

Torn
July 17th, 2014, 10:09 AM
Lallana had 5 years left on his contract and Kroos could have left for free next year. It's a lazy comparison.

Simon
July 17th, 2014, 10:32 AM
Lallana had 5 years left on his contract and Kroos could have left for free next year. It's a lazy comparison.

The comparison is pretty pointless but it's still worth mentioning insofar as there are bargains around if clubs are willing to play poker with players running their contracts down. From what journos say though, a lot of moves with low transfer fees don't end up being much cheaper because the agents demand huge signing on fees - the club end up paying almost the same figure out, it just goes directly into the player's pockets.

Andy
July 17th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Exactly. The reason Kroos was available is because, by all accounts, he wanted insane money from Bayern. Only two or three clubs in the world would probably cave to his demands. The ball was firmly in his court too after an amazing year or two where he's won the lot and proved his class.

MikeHunt
July 17th, 2014, 10:46 AM
With 5 years on his contract in what world is adam lallanna worth fucking £26 million it's insane

Romford Pele
July 17th, 2014, 10:46 AM
Liverpool are still mugs for paying £25m for a player not proven at the highest level regardless of the differences in contracct

BBF
July 17th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Most clubs have to take a punt on players for those sums though. Francis Jeffers for £8m.

MikeHunt
July 17th, 2014, 10:58 AM
Are you suggesting that in the market £25/30mil is a punt?

BBF
July 17th, 2014, 11:07 AM
No more of a punt than Luke Shaw or Fellaini were for similar prices. There's a level of 'punt' in every transfer really.

Simon
July 17th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Are you suggesting that in the market £25/30mil is a punt?

The thing with Lallana is that he ISN'T a punt, at least not comparatively. You could have bought a player of higher pedigree from abroad, but with much greater risk attached. As mentioned a few weeks ago the premium on English players, while excessive in the extreme, is at least based in logic - Lallana has already shown he can be a good Premier League player, so that risk is reduced.

We paid about the same for Lamela, and at the time no one mentioned him as overpriced because the upside was so good - potentially a world-class player. No one mentioned the downside - struggled to settle, struggled to learn the language, struggled to adapt to the league. He might still come good of course, but so far he has proved a complete waste of money. Lallana doesn't have that upside, but nor does he have much risk of a downside. That's what the British player premium buys you.

MikeHunt
July 17th, 2014, 11:36 AM
Is he really proven. He couldn't even get a start for a shite England team this summer. Never played in the CL. I'm thinking £26mil is about £20mil too much.

_me
July 17th, 2014, 11:46 AM
Is he really proven. He couldn't even get a start for a shite England team this summer. Never played in the CL. I'm thinking £26mil is about £20mil too much.
the only reason he didn't start is b/c they were too chicken to bench Rooney like they should have. welbeck (or barkley ideally), sterling and lallana would have done better.

lallana might not be a proven CL player but he is a proven EPL player who would start for 16 or 17 teams out of 20.

Simon
July 17th, 2014, 11:59 AM

He was very good for Southampton last season. The only issue is whether he will get any better, as £26m is too much for the player he is right now and he isn't likely to get much better in my opinion. In terms of pure performance outside of money etc, he's about as close to a guaranteed performer as Liverpool could realistically get in that position, with anyone better than him either out of Liverpool's reach (domestic-based players like Eriksen) or with significant risk attached (foreign players adapting to the league). The very best scouts are able to limit that risk - Porto, Atletico and Dortmund have exceptional hit rates in terms of signing future stars for low prices - but it's not easy to do. If Liverpool have the money, buying a low-risk player like Lallana makes sense. He's also capable of playing a number of systems and suits Rodgers' style in that he works very hard and moves the ball quickly...although at the same time he lacks a bit of pace (I think?) which doesn't suit their counter-attacking game.

MikeHunt
July 17th, 2014, 12:00 PM
i think lallana is going the way of mr downing. Rodriguez is the star of the show at Southampton for me.

The Rosk
July 17th, 2014, 12:12 PM
I really want Ashley Young back lads.

Gary J
July 17th, 2014, 12:56 PM
He was very good for Southampton last season. The only issue is whether he will get any better, as £26m is too much for the player he is right now.

Not many English players ever get better they just stay at the same level. Rooney never kicked on like Ronaldo did. Walcott hasn't shown any vast improvement from what he was when Arsenal first signed him. Joe Cole stayed the same player all his career. Phil Jones seems to be at the same level he was when he got into the Blackburn team. Gerrard and Lampard while being consistent over the years have remained constantly at the same level of performance.

I don't have high hopes of Barkley and Sterling being vastly improved players in 4-6 years time hopefully I'm wrong.

MMH
July 17th, 2014, 1:00 PM
I don't have high hopes of Barkley and Sterling being vastly improved players in 4-6 years time hopefully I'm wrong.

I reckon it depends where they end up. If both stay at their current clubs then they may improve a lot as they are with two managers who I reckon will be ideal for stuff like that.

If they bugger off to one of the "big clubs" they will probably end up sat on the bench and stagnate.

Andy
July 17th, 2014, 1:20 PM
Theo Walcott is a hugely better player than he was when he signed. Chamberlain is showing very promising signs of improvement too. And Kieran Gibbs is hugely underrated.

turdpower
July 17th, 2014, 1:26 PM
Barkley looks like a Man United player in the making.

turdpower
July 17th, 2014, 1:29 PM
Not many English players ever get better they just stay at the same level. Rooney never kicked on like Ronaldo did. Walcott hasn't shown any vast improvement from what he was when Arsenal first signed him. Joe Cole stayed the same player all his career. Phil Jones seems to be at the same level he was when he got into the Blackburn team. Gerrard and Lampard while being consistent over the years have remained constantly at the same level of performance.

Rooney has improved a lot. He's probably already peaked but he's certainly better than he was when he was 20.

Shaw has probably been invested in a similar mould. 30m for 10 years at the club is good value.

Gary J
July 17th, 2014, 2:00 PM
I think Rooney's peak was 2004-2006 (not sure how old he was) and apart from the season where he got 30 odd goals I don't think there's been a huge improvement in him.

Gary J
July 17th, 2014, 2:07 PM
Theo Walcott is a hugely better player than he was when he signed. Chamberlain is showing very promising signs of improvement too. And Kieran Gibbs is hugely underrated.

I agree Walcott is better then when he signed (he'd have to be he was very poor at Southampton whenever I saw him) has he really raised his game from what he was after the hatrick against Ukraine?

As for Chamberlain I do really rate him it's a shame he seems quiet injury prone. The signing of Sanchez might harm him more then Wilshere as was being discussed the other day. Gibbs is fairly good I do think he should have gone instead of Shaw as back-up to Baines but i'll be honest I can't remember much of him before to notice any marked improvement.

RFF Champ
July 17th, 2014, 3:19 PM
Someone posted Arsenal's team for next season without Walcott in it. That's not happening, his pace and willingness to run beyond Giroud is exactly what Arsenal missed while he and Ramsey were injured. He's an excellent finisher when one on one and a goalscorer too.

son_of_foley
July 17th, 2014, 3:35 PM
Someone posted Arsenal's team for next season without Walcott in it. That's not happening, his pace and willingness to run beyond Giroud is exactly what Arsenal missed while he and Ramsey were injured. He's an excellent finisher when one on one and a goalscorer too.
Sanchez seems willing to do the same but yeah I like Walcott

Gary J
July 17th, 2014, 3:36 PM
49 goals in 215 league games. 5 goals in 36 England appearances (3 of which came in one game) suggest he's not much of a goalscorer.

Walcott is very effective when given much space playing open football or against a high defense line, but his overall game has consistently been poor against teams that sit. The Walcott of six years ago isn't all that much different from the Walcott of today. His finishing has improved. But aside from that, he's essentially the same player.

Andy
July 17th, 2014, 4:09 PM
Aside from scoring so many more goals, improved passing and much better movement he's the same player. Terrible development. :rolleyes:

The last few seasons he's had an excellent scoring record from the wing, which is a more telling time period than his entire career which started at the highest level at the age of 17.

Anyway, £12m seems a lot for Debuchy. A downgrade on Sagna but a gap filled I suppose. Next up - at least one keeper, a centre back, a midfielder and a striker.

son_of_foley
July 17th, 2014, 4:14 PM
Think sagna dropped off in past 2 years personally

Gary J
July 17th, 2014, 4:22 PM
Many more goals???

He's reached double figures in the league once in the 8 seasons he's been there and that got boosted thanks to a extremely shoddy Newcastle defence.

Walcott got his first England cap in 2006 from then until 2008 he scored 3. Since then he has scored 2 wow great improvement there.

He still makes unproductive runs which end up with him losing the ball, or a dramatic dive, which I must admit he's definitely improved upon in the past few years.

Gary J
July 17th, 2014, 4:26 PM
Aside from scoring so many more goals, improved passing and much better movement he's the same player. Terrible development. :rolleyes:

The last few seasons he's had an excellent scoring record from the wing, which is a more telling time period than his entire career which started at the highest level at the age of 17.

Anyway, £12m seems a lot for Debuchy. A downgrade on Sagna but a gap filled I suppose. Next up - at least one keeper, a centre back, a midfielder and a striker.

I wouldn't say Debuchy was a downgrade on Sagna. I would say Arsenal definitely need more then one centre back. Sagna got played there at times last season now he's gone you can't rely on Mertesacker and Koscielny staying fit. Only leaves Vermaelen does it not and he's not been the same since his injury.

Andy
July 17th, 2014, 5:05 PM
Think sagna dropped off in past 2 years personally

He got back to his best last season though. I really think we'll miss the extra size and power in defence.

Many more goals???

He's reached double figures in the league once in the 8 seasons he's been there and that got boosted thanks to a extremely shoddy Newcastle defence.

Walcott got his first England cap in 2006 from then until 2008 he scored 3. Since then he has scored 2 wow great improvement there.

He still makes unproductive runs which end up with him losing the ball, or a dramatic dive, which I must admit he's definitely improved upon in the past few years.

Gary I can only presume that you don't watch Arsenal very much and just look up these misleading stats. Walcott's improvement has been vast in the past few years. It's not long ago that people were writing him off as a player with no technical ability or end product. He now scores goals regularly when he's fit, he makes intelligent runs, his passing is much better and he can player in a few different positions. To say he's still a similar player to five or so years ago is just plain wrong.

Gary J
July 17th, 2014, 6:13 PM
Well no I don't watch Arsenal much unless they are on tv. It's not like they are Liverpool and have every fucking game they play televised but when I do I don't see these supposedly improvements he's made.

Romford Pele
July 18th, 2014, 3:10 AM
Debuchy signing confirmed. Like the fact we are getting our business done before 31st August.

Just need reserve goalkeeper, centre back and box to box midfielder. Ospina, Khedira and Vlaar?

Romford Pele
July 18th, 2014, 3:12 AM

Probable because he is still injured. I'm pretty sure if everyone is fit Sanchez and Walcott will flank Giroud.

Walcott has improved a lot the last few seasons. In fact 2012/13 I think he for 20 plus goals.

Romford Pele
July 18th, 2014, 3:15 AM
Andy - do you really think we still need a striker?

Giroud, Walcott, Sanchez, Podolski, Sanago and Campbell can all play there.

I'm more worried about defence

Simon
July 18th, 2014, 5:02 AM
Palace have agreed a deal for Sigurdsson apparently. Good move for them giving them a bit of extra class. Never quite fit into our system sadly but he's got a lot of ability.

Rip
July 18th, 2014, 5:06 AM
Debuchy signing confirmed. Like the fact we are getting our business done before 31st August.

Good player, better going forward than coming back as a straight right back and can get over excited sometimes, couple of years at your place and he could easily be one of the best right backs around.

Very happy with his replacement mind.

Alf
July 18th, 2014, 5:32 AM

Oh, does it? Does it look like that? Wow. What insight.

Grimario
July 18th, 2014, 5:39 AM
Oh, does it? Does it look like that? Wow. What insight.

Mentalf!

Beefy
July 18th, 2014, 6:13 AM
Kroos £20mil

Lalanna £26mil

joke

Are both players playing for free then?

Over a five year contract Kroos will cost Madrid somewhere between £20m and £30m more than Lallana will cost Liverpool.