PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Bluemoon
July 20th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Well what do you expect down both you're ends, there is no good people to write about :D

MMH
July 20th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Isn't any local paper for any City from any Country like that?

Even if thats true it doesnt make it any less shit....

Canuck
July 20th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Where's Jan Venegoor going?

Andy
July 20th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Apparently we're in for this Loic Remy bloke aswell now Eduardo's almost certainly gone.

Simon
July 20th, 2010, 12:55 PM
You'll do well to get him, West Ham are in for him and by all accounts they are being absolutely spasticated with their money, telling the fans that they are applying a strict budget then offering Joe Cole 100k a week and bidding 15m for that 14 year old Brazilian Neymar.

Andy
July 20th, 2010, 12:59 PM
Serious question - what's happening with Spurs this summer? Who do you want, who do you think you will get etc? We're usually inundated with rumours by now, but I've heard nothing at all. The only serious rumours seem to be about Joe Cole, Bellamy and that Croatian keeper. I haven't even heard BEN's name mentioned yet.

Lawson
July 20th, 2010, 12:59 PM
I've actually caught that off of Steve Tilson who I don't think once refered to 'Southend United' in six years of interviews. He'd just say things like "It's been a good day for the Football Club" or "we're trying to bring him into the Football Club". I catch myself doing it now.

I'm not sure which I type most, but I do know I don't like to hear "FC". It works when written but to hear it in an interview makes me think we're all off supporting 80s music groups.

Andy
July 20th, 2010, 1:02 PM
Danny Wilson is going to Liverpool. Good signing.

Simon
July 20th, 2010, 1:04 PM
Bit old isn't he?

http://v4admin.sportnetwork.net/upload/84/EMP-3878128.jpg

Still he can't be any worse than Scharner.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 20th, 2010, 1:41 PM
Still he can't be any worse than Scharner.

http://www.wigan.vitalfootball.co.uk/forum/forums/get-attachment.asp?action=view&attachmentid=483

Simon
July 20th, 2010, 2:09 PM
Is that dyed hair or has he just written it on in pen?

MMH
July 20th, 2010, 2:24 PM
Its dyed in. He does stuff like that all the time.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 20th, 2010, 3:37 PM
Not all of them are though. Take Annan as an example seeing as he has been mentioned. He could probably be got for like 4M and 26M to spare and the drop off in talent wouldnt be that great. Certainly not 26m worth.

He is very good of course but do you really want him back for another year? His conduct this summer regarding your club has been an absolute disgrace. Regardless of how good he has players like that should be fucked off straight away the cheeky fucker.

That's a bit much. Mascherano IS a much, much better player than some you have been comparing him to. There's no one as good as him at protecting defences in the world right now, no one with his mobility and stamina. Added to that, he's excellent on the ball, good at carrying it when he has to and has a great range of passing. He's smart enough to give it to more creative players as soon as possible. There aren't many better central midfielders in the world than Mascherano.

Last summer he clearly said his family wasn't happy in England, his wife couldn't speak the language and basically couldn't get to grips with the lifestyle at all and was essentially living as a shut-in. Liverpool managed to keep him another year, maybe they will again this summer, but calling the guy a disgrace for seeking to move to somewhere his family would be happier is again a bit much, given he hasn't let his team down in any way. In a way I'm agreeing Liverpool should think about selling if he isn't happy, but he'll be very, very difficult to replace.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 20th, 2010, 3:38 PM
Was it Mascherano that said he lived opposite someone (another player), and they'd wave at each other from their windows?

El Capitano Gatisto
July 20th, 2010, 3:47 PM
Think so. Selling Insua maybe wasn't the greatest idea if they fancy keeping him happy.

It's just a fact of life that South American players may not fancy living in England.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 20th, 2010, 3:54 PM
Thats why I still think Denilson probably isn't Brazilian. He's shown zero traits so far.

Beefy
July 20th, 2010, 3:56 PM
Think so. Selling Insua maybe wasn't the greatest idea if they fancy keeping him happy.

It's just a fact of life that South American players may not fancy living in England.

I'd have thought particularly not outside of London. I mean what the fuck are they going to do to feel at home in Liverpool?

Simon
July 20th, 2010, 4:26 PM
From what I've heard Toxteth is basically a favela.

MMH
July 20th, 2010, 4:35 PM
That's a bit much. Mascherano IS a much, much better player than some you have been comparing him to. There's no one as good as him at protecting defences in the world right now, no one with his mobility and stamina. Added to that, he's excellent on the ball, good at carrying it when he has to and has a great range of passing. He's smart enough to give it to more creative players as soon as possible. There aren't many better central midfielders in the world than Mascherano.

Last summer he clearly said his family wasn't happy in England, his wife couldn't speak the language and basically couldn't get to grips with the lifestyle at all and was essentially living as a shut-in. Liverpool managed to keep him another year, maybe they will again this summer, but calling the guy a disgrace for seeking to move to somewhere his family would be happier is again a bit much, given he hasn't let his team down in any way. In a way I'm agreeing Liverpool should think about selling if he isn't happy, but he'll be very, very difficult to replace.

I was referring more to the fact that he said he was learning Italian over the summer. I found that to be quite shitty as it was obvious what he was referrring too. Hes not the only player to be a complete arse about things though to be fair.

I wont disagree that Mascherano is one of the best at what he does. What i am saying is he truely worth 30M quid? And more importantly is he 5 times the player than the ones I mentioned? And they are just guys off the top of my head. 30M for a player who doesnt even want to be there and who whilst great isnt going to make Liverpool massively better or worse if he leaves is a good deal to me. With the cash they could get for him they could replace him adequately if not directly and strengthen other areas which Liverpool really need right now.

MMH
July 20th, 2010, 4:36 PM
I'd have thought particularly not outside of London. I mean what the fuck are they going to do to feel at home in Liverpool?

We have a Meet Argentina and a Meet Brazil. Dead refined us.

If he likes The Beatles and getting mugged hes sorted.

MMH
July 20th, 2010, 4:37 PM
Was it Mascherano that said he lived opposite someone (another player), and they'd wave at each other from their windows?

He was probably waving an imaginary yellow card

Ringo
July 20th, 2010, 4:47 PM
Apparently Gai Assulin failed to turn up for his trial at Blackburn. A shame if true, I was hoping they'd get him. Obviously he hasn't developed as hoped as Barcelona wouldn't have released him, but he could still turn into a good player.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 20th, 2010, 4:49 PM
I don't know how to quantify multiples of player quality. Basically Liverpool couldn't replace the guy for 30 million unless they unearth a new gem from somewhere. I really don't think there are many better midfielders around and Liverpool could be in quite a bit of trouble losing both Mascherano and Alonso.

Also, Argentina has a big Italian community and Mascherano has Italian heritage, I think he may have an Italian passport. So makes sense he would angle for a move there or Spain. It's most likely either country would be easier to settle in than England. That said, if Liverpool can talk him round for another year I think they'll still get strong performances out of him.

MMH
July 20th, 2010, 5:02 PM
I don't know how to quantify multiples of player quality. Basically Liverpool couldn't replace the guy for 30 million unless they unearth a new gem from somewhere. I really don't think there are many better midfielders around and Liverpool could be in quite a bit of trouble losing both Mascherano and Alonso.

Also, Argentina has a big Italian community and Mascherano has Italian heritage, I think he may have an Italian passport. So makes sense he would angle for a move there or Spain. It's most likely either country would be easier to settle in than England. That said, if Liverpool can talk him round for another year I think they'll still get strong performances out of him.

Again true but I dont think they need to replace him as such. Liverpools performances havnt been that great with him in the side (not that i am saying its his fault at all coz its not) and he isnt going to take them to a better level by himself just by the nature of the player that he is.

All im saying is you can get someone in who will do a "job" in that role for much much cheaper than what they will get for selling him and improve other areas of the side (left back for example, a centre back, another option up front) because beyond Liverpools quality players there is a lot of average players there.

Its similar to us selling Rooney (but on a slightly smaller scale) we would never be able to replace Rooney with the cash we got for him even if we were to spend the whole 30M. We didnt have to though, we got in Marcus Bent for 700k and a bunch of players to improve the the rest of the squad and managed to finish 4th the year after. Speculate to accumulate and all that.

Chris Scott
July 20th, 2010, 5:58 PM
From what I've heard Toxteth is basically a favela.

It's now just full of White dickhead students.

Chris Scott
July 20th, 2010, 6:01 PM
To close all arguments, debate's and what have you. If Masch does go then the answer is simple move Jamie Carragher back to his original position as def mid :yes:

I win.

Lagom
July 20th, 2010, 7:47 PM
The only way that could be considered a good move is because there'd be someone behind him when he's fucking up this season.

Grimario
July 20th, 2010, 7:55 PM
Yeah, is Carragher the holding midfielder a good idea when it has already been pointed out that the reason Mascherano is so good is because of his immense mobility (amongst other things)? As Lagom said... if it happens, it just means he only gets a yellow for taking someone out instead of being the last man and a red :yes:

You should have signed Grella - proper midfield thug as I am sure da_man will attest to :yes:

Lagom
July 20th, 2010, 8:11 PM
I'd like to see us go for someone like Toulalan if we lose Mascherano, but honestly, i feel like we could do worse than resigning Sissoko, and using the leftover cash to bring in a left back and a back-up striker.

Bluemoon
July 21st, 2010, 3:49 AM
Big Titus Bramble in the move again.

Simon
July 21st, 2010, 4:02 AM
He's not the joke player he once was. Not particularly great either but he's a decent defender nowadays, certainly an improvement on Anton Ferdinand for Sunderland.

Simon
July 21st, 2010, 4:23 AM
Having said that I can't see him displacing Mensah or Da Silva who both played pretty well for Sunderland last year didn't they Gavrilo?

Andy
July 21st, 2010, 4:48 AM
Mensah's gone.

Gary J
July 21st, 2010, 6:06 AM
Theres no way he'll replace Michael Turner although i don't know how he's been playing at Sunderland because i can't bring myself to watch when i see him in another teams colours.

Torn
July 21st, 2010, 6:09 AM
Theres no way he'll replace Michael Turner although i don't know how he's been playing at Sunderland because i can't bring myself to watch when i see him in another teams colours.

Luckily Sunderland have the same colours as us so I don't have that problem

Gary J
July 21st, 2010, 6:35 AM
Now i know why everyone says Torn is a cunt.

Darkoke
July 21st, 2010, 7:16 AM
Celtic are in tentative talks with David James. I think he'd be a fantastic signing.

Bluemoon
July 21st, 2010, 7:41 AM
He'd be number 2 though surely?

Ringo
July 21st, 2010, 7:45 AM
How so?

Bluemoon
July 21st, 2010, 7:55 AM
Isn't the Celtic keeper a really good one? Every time I've watched Celtic he's done just fine, why bring an older keeper in James to replace him?

Darkoke
July 21st, 2010, 7:56 AM
Boruc was Celtic's keeper, he's gone to Fiorentina.

Bluemoon
July 21st, 2010, 7:58 AM
Ah right I didn't know he left, would be a good move if they got him then.

Ringo
July 21st, 2010, 8:03 AM
Yeah...

Bad Collin
July 21st, 2010, 8:31 AM
Why are people talking about who to replace Masch with? We have Lucas...

Simon
July 21st, 2010, 8:36 AM
I can't FUCKING WAIT for the football season to start dickheads.

Bluemoon
July 21st, 2010, 9:11 AM
Why are people talking about who to replace Masch with? We have Lucas...

Maybe Roy sees him as the attacking midfielder he supposed to be.

Bluemoon
July 21st, 2010, 9:13 AM
I can't FUCKING WAIT for the football season to start dickheads.

Keep counting the days for you're first defeat.

Simon
July 21st, 2010, 9:16 AM
Can't see it being against your mob. You better hope you don't get beat off us on the opening day, the pressure will start mounting straight away. Bellamy hat trick and us to win 3-0 same as last season :)

Simon
July 21st, 2010, 9:17 AM
Come to think of it, when was the last time you took any points from us? I think we've beaten you home and away the last two seasons.

EDIT: Just had a look, last time you got anything from us was March 2008 :D

Simon
July 21st, 2010, 11:44 AM
Bit of ITK that concerns a few of us on here...

From my mate who is a Villa fan. Pretty reliable.

"There is a chain involving Bellamy to Spurs and Keane to Villa but everyone waiting for a trigger. Nobody knows what's happening with the Milner deal at the moment. Nothing has happened since the last bid was rejected but City still want him".

So basically, there's a little triangle between the three clubs and are all waiting for one transfer to happen, for the others to fall in place.

Andy
July 21st, 2010, 2:23 PM
Eduardo's officially gone... :sadwave:

YouTube- Arsenal Burnley 2 0 Eduardo

Lazurus
July 21st, 2010, 2:27 PM
Although his diving since has meant I've gone off the guy it has to been seen as very sad how he never recovered from that horrific injury.

Ringo
July 21st, 2010, 2:28 PM
A very sad series of events. He could've been some player for Arsenal. Good luck, Eduardo!

Winkle van Tinkle
July 21st, 2010, 2:36 PM
I genuinely belief the whole Celtic affair really had a bad effect on the lad.

Fingers crossed he can get his career back on track.

Simon
July 21st, 2010, 2:55 PM
Well he shouldn't have dived then should he.

Ringo
July 21st, 2010, 3:41 PM
"Roberto Mancini tells Sky Sports News Manchester City are trying to sign Landon Donovan..."

O... k.

I think he wants 5 good players for every position.

MMH
July 21st, 2010, 3:47 PM
"Roberto Mancini tells Sky Sports News Manchester City are trying to sign Landon Donovan..."

O... k.

I think he wants 5 good players for every position.

Its crazy.

As much as I like Donovan is he really who you are going to sign if you have all the money in the world?

Ringo
July 21st, 2010, 3:55 PM
They've supposedly worked out a first refusal agreement with Santos for Neymar too, but they only have until August 7th to complete a deal for him. They'll almost certainly match our bid if we get a bid accepted so that'd be up to him to decide if he wants to go. I wouldn't be surprised if Balotelli joins, what with his situation in Italy and relationship with the fans, so fuck knows where that leaves some of those attacking players they have.

MMH
July 21st, 2010, 4:04 PM
Balotelli is a disaster waiting to happen.

BBF
July 21st, 2010, 4:08 PM
Balotelli would be a horrible signing.

Ringo
July 21st, 2010, 4:09 PM
He has ridiculous talent though. Ridiculous. It must have been tough for him in Italy not being accepted as a real Italian and all that. It's not unrealistic to suggest that a new country, club and manager who he presumably respects will help set him on the right course.

Bluemoon
July 21st, 2010, 6:47 PM
Come to think of it, when was the last time you took any points from us? I think we've beaten you home and away the last two seasons.

EDIT: Just had a look, last time you got anything from us was March 2008 :D

Yeah not done to well against you as you know.

If we lose the pressure will be on us but it will vice versa too.

Bluemoon
July 21st, 2010, 6:50 PM
I don't really want Balotelli he just doesn't seem like a player we need.

Donavan I would like, fuck knows where he would play, are squad is crazy at the minute.

MMH why aren't Everton buying him anyway.

Simon
July 22nd, 2010, 6:30 AM
Raul moving to Schalke apparently. Seems a shame to see him winding down his career, he was absolutely unbelievable in his pomp. Goals, goals and more goals.

Beefy
July 22nd, 2010, 6:32 AM
Moving to Schalke is hardly winding down his career. They're bigger than most sides in the Premier League.

Simon
July 22nd, 2010, 6:33 AM
Moving from Madrid to Schalke? Come on Beff.

Beefy
July 22nd, 2010, 6:36 AM
It's a step down but it's not like he's moved into semi-retirement. Would you call it "winding down" had he moved to Arsenal or Spurs?

MMH
July 22nd, 2010, 6:41 AM
I don't really want Balotelli he just doesn't seem like a player we need.

Donavan I would like, fuck knows where he would play, are squad is crazy at the minute.

MMH why aren't Everton buying him anyway.

Lack of money id assume. Seems that Galaxy (or MLS) want a lot of cash for him and we cant afford that. City of course can give whatever they want for him.

Donovan said he would only play for Everton if he came back to England but well they all say stuff like that.

MMH
July 22nd, 2010, 6:43 AM
Moving from Madrid to Schalke? Come on Beff.

For a player who has been finished for years Schalke is a great move for him really.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 22nd, 2010, 6:45 AM
Balotelli has been treated very badly in Italy, Mourinho's behaviour when he was being racially abused was a disgrace. He didn't support Balotelli publically at all. Same with the Italian FA, who I believe have fined him more for reacting to chants than they have clubs whose fans sing about killing him for being black. He needs to leave Italy to have any chance of fulfilling his potential. He's only 19 after all.

Beefy
July 22nd, 2010, 6:46 AM
For a player who has been finished for years Schalke is a great move for him really.

Exactly. And an odd move for Schalke. I thought he was heading over to America?

El Capitano Gatisto
July 22nd, 2010, 6:47 AM

He was pretty good the couple of seasons before last. Obviously not the same as he was in his prime but still a very good player. Good signing for Schalke.

Andy
July 22nd, 2010, 6:50 AM
Raul must've known for a number of years that he would become a victim of Real's transfer policy. For him to have kept his place until last season was pretty impressive and he'll be a great signing for someone like Schalke, or even Tottenham as has been rumoured.

Chris Scott
July 22nd, 2010, 7:29 AM
Balotelli has been treated very badly in Italy, Mourinho's behaviour when he was being racially abused was a disgrace. He didn't support Balotelli publically at all. Same with the Italian FA, who I believe have fined him more for reacting to chants than they have clubs whose fans sing about killing him for being black. He needs to leave Italy to have any chance of fulfilling his potential. He's only 19 after all.

Why choose to play for Italy? He. Must know how bad racially it is.

Ringo
July 22nd, 2010, 7:33 AM
Because he considers himself Italian and wants to represent the country he's been brought up in?

MMH
July 22nd, 2010, 7:33 AM
Why choose to play for Italy? He. Must know how bad racially it is.

He probably thought its 2010 and people were not still cavemen.

Obviously he was wrong.

Chris Scott
July 22nd, 2010, 7:41 AM
Because he considers himself Italian and wants to represent the country he's been brought up in?

Fair enough.

JIJ
July 22nd, 2010, 7:44 AM
Weren't those chants "jump up and down and Balotelli will die"??

I don't get the racism in that.

jesus sucks
July 22nd, 2010, 7:47 AM

:yes:

Lagom
Because they were couple with "A black Italian doesn't exist"

might go some way to explaining it

MMH
Weren't those chants "jump up and down and Balotelli will die"??

I don't get the racism in that.

Dunno. But why do they want him to die anyway? Especially in games that dont even involve him.

Christopherson
July 22nd, 2010, 7:48 AM
Honestly Spain and Italy get away with murder, they always have. If this was England could you imagine the press. It would be anarchy.

jesus sucks
July 22nd, 2010, 7:50 AM
jump up and down and balotelli will die wouldn't that be referring to the haiti disaster? if so it's the kind of casual disguised racism that people now use to work around being called racist.

JIJ
July 22nd, 2010, 7:52 AM
No the chants were around before Haiti.

The chants were out of order but the racism accusations some threw about were unfounded as far as I'm aware.

MMH
July 22nd, 2010, 7:55 AM
No the chants were around before Haiti.

The chants were out of order but the racist element to them were unfounded as far as I'm aware.

Well it seems that fans were chanting that you cant have a black Italian too. Juventus fans more than anything for some reason.

I hate Juventus.

JIJ
July 22nd, 2010, 8:05 AM
Ah well I've never heard that but that makes more sense. The article I read aboutthe situation only mentioned the jump up and down chants

Star fruit surf rider
July 22nd, 2010, 8:12 AM
Is he any good? I had literally never heard of him before the other day.

If I was City I would feel slightly disappointed that the likes of Balotti and Donovan were on the shopping list.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 22nd, 2010, 8:13 AM
Breaking news on ssn...

MON: Milner wants to leave. He can, for the right price.

And also...

Liverpool's highly rated youngster Juan Lescano has been snatched by Real Madrid due to work permit problems in England. He had been training with Liverpool for a few months and was considered to be a huge talent

Simon
July 22nd, 2010, 8:15 AM
Rangers do much the same, they really don't like Mo Edu:

YouTube- lets all do the bouncy

Ringo
July 22nd, 2010, 8:28 AM
Is he any good? I had literally never heard of him before the other day.

If I was City I would feel slightly disappointed that the likes of Balotti and Donovan were on the shopping list.

Donovan perhaps, but Balotelli has the potential to be utterly unstoppable. He has everything. With the talent he's got he really should be a world beater within a few years.

Simon
July 22nd, 2010, 8:36 AM
Southend have signed Luis Suarez :eek:

Sorry, Southend have signed Louie Soares :happysad:

Beefy
July 22nd, 2010, 8:38 AM
haha

We've 'signed' twelve players in the last week. Crazy stuff. Of course we're under an embargo so they can't play and are likely to get wound up next week but still....

BBF
July 22nd, 2010, 8:55 AM
Beefy, Soares used to play for us.

He was wank, then went to Aldershit and was amazing.

The Rosk
July 22nd, 2010, 10:51 AM
Breaking news on ssn...

MON: Milner wants to leave. He can, for the right price.

Well that's our season over. I genuinely hate football. If Milner wants to go to a shithouse club where he won't play but just get shitloads of money then football is dead to me.

How the fuck are we going to do anything, ever, if people like Milner can get turned by a bunch of cunts like that. Horrible business.

Bluemoon
July 22nd, 2010, 10:54 AM
Are you a 1 man team then?

The Rosk
July 22nd, 2010, 10:55 AM
No but he is one of our key players. And knowing MON he will not replace him adequately. Seriously I did not expect Milner to have made up his fucking mind before the World Cup. Finished a point off you last season, at least give the club who fucking saved your career a shout of keeping you. He could have been at a proper club like United in a year and I'd have been fine with that.

The Rosk
July 22nd, 2010, 11:00 AM
Right if I were MON I would go to the cunts and say RIGHT you want Milner?

GIVE US STEPHEN IRELAND, MICAH RICHARDS, AND SHAUN WRIGHT-PHILLIPS AND 5MILLION AND WE'LL TALK.

Cunts. Hope their stadium gets bombed with all the money-grabbing cunts inside

Bluemoon
July 22nd, 2010, 11:02 AM
Ahahaha bitterness gets to you.

Bluemoon
July 22nd, 2010, 11:03 AM
1 question how aren't we a proper club? Let's give a serious answer now please.

The Rosk
July 22nd, 2010, 11:04 AM
OK boys I have had time to calm down.

I said weeks ago if we got 25 million or more for Milner we should be happy as long as we invest properly. The only thing is I know already the kind of bollocks MON will buy with it. Apparently O'Neill wants to bring Young into the "hole" this year so maybe he is looking at different tactics (finally).

And I said yesterday that this is MON's most important year yet, perhaps in his career as a manager. If he doesn't do anything, invest wisely etc, he will be out on his fucking arse and rightly so come the end of the season.

Bad Collin
July 22nd, 2010, 11:07 AM

You are decent mid table club whose position has been manufactured by a windfall. At least Chelsea won a few trophies before Roman rocked up.

Milner is a decent player who had a superb season, if Villa can get 20 million plus a couple of good players that will be good business. They also need to shoot emile, oh my brother testify!

Bluemoon
July 22nd, 2010, 11:14 AM
Still doesn't mean we are not a proper club.

The Rosk
July 22nd, 2010, 11:15 AM

Villa have won 21 major honours, City 8. Never won the European Cup and you were nothing special before owners came in and put ridiculous amounts of money which is the equivalent of doing a cheat on Champo. I like football as a sport, not just as a business as it seems to be going now.

Milner going to you instead of a proper big club (sorry, big club I should have said, ie one that a Villa plkayer would go to in order to make a proper progression in their career) like United as a "step up" is a bit of a slap in the face for a team that could/should have won a cup or two last season and were a point off you in the League. You can say City will be fighting for the Prem this season, but ultimately that is if it all falls together, and this is mainly down to money. Again, I don't blame Milner really for that, I presume you are offering over 100k a week to him which is ridiculous, but I thought Milner was one of a dying breed of footballers who put things above immediate financial gain. Turns out I was wrong. If he is content to go to City and play around 20 games a season then fuck him.

Bad Collin
July 22nd, 2010, 11:15 AM
Still doesn't mean we are not a proper club.

That depends on your definition of 'proper club'.

Bluemoon
July 22nd, 2010, 11:19 AM
Well it depends on rosk's but he's just said proper big club. I know we ain't that but I will argue all day when people say were not a proper club.

Bad Collin
July 22nd, 2010, 11:20 AM
Man City aren't a proper big club, if Wolves got 300 million tomorrow and bought fuckloads of people they wouldn't be either.

Simon
July 22nd, 2010, 11:22 AM
It's always fans of teams who used to be good but aren't any more that moan about the nouveau riche clubs "not being proper". Pure jealousy.

The Rosk
July 22nd, 2010, 11:23 AM
I said proper big club you fucking toothless cunt. They are not one yet.

Bluemoon
July 22nd, 2010, 11:24 AM
Man City aren't a proper big club, if Wolves got 300 million tomorrow and bought fuckloads of people they wouldn't be either.

I know we are not a proper big club I just said that in my previous post.

Simon
July 22nd, 2010, 11:25 AM
It all depends on your definition of a big club. And the fans of teams who used to be good but aren't any more seem to rate history extraordinarily highly.

The Rosk
July 22nd, 2010, 11:26 AM
Yes, it is to do with tradition mate. I understand football is becoming more of a business than ever, that doesn't mean I have to like it.

Simon
July 22nd, 2010, 11:28 AM
I'm not talking about business, I'm talking about current or recent success. Villa are traditionally a bigger side than Chelsea, they have more history - but are they a bigger club? Where do you draw the line?

The Rosk
July 22nd, 2010, 11:31 AM
Can I ask how you would feel if Modric went to Man City?

PS We aren't traditionally much bigger than Chelsea. They were alright even before the millions in waves.

Simon
July 22nd, 2010, 11:39 AM
Can I ask how you would feel if Modric went to Man City?

PS We aren't traditionally much bigger than Chelsea. They were alright even before the millions in waves.

I'd be gutted but it wouldn't be an issue of moaning about their lack of tradition. City aren't any worse for wielding their power over others than any other big team - why would I be more pissed off with City for signing one of our players than I was when it was United? You can talk about City's history all you want but the reality is that they are a VERY attractive proposition for any footballer now, even if you ignore the wages on offer. Milner's got a much better chance of winning things at City than he has at Villa.

Simon
July 22nd, 2010, 11:40 AM
Just in case anyone was in any doubt about what useless cunts Talksport are:

YouTube- CITY FAN ROASTS TALKSPORT PORKY PARRY

Laughable.

Bad Collin
July 22nd, 2010, 11:41 AM
It's always fans of teams who used to be good but aren't any more that moan about the nouveau riche clubs "not being proper". Pure jealousy.

Not pure jealousy, perhaps 30%. Don't you think it devalues football when a club can spunk 200 million in the transfer market and win the league?

I know we are not a proper big club I just said that in my previous post.

That's fair enough then. :)

Simon
July 22nd, 2010, 11:43 AM
Not pure jealousy, perhaps 30%. Don't you think it devalues football when a club can spunk 200 million in the transfer market and win the league?

Yes of course, but you can't blame City for that. Any other side in the same position would be doing the exact same thing. The rules need to be changed so that it's not possible to do what City are doing - City aren't doing anything wrong.

The Rosk
July 22nd, 2010, 11:47 AM
I'd be gutted but it wouldn't be an issue of moaning about their lack of tradition. City aren't any worse for wielding their power over others than any other big team - why would I be more pissed off with City for signing one of our players than I was when it was United? You can talk about City's history all you want but the reality is that they are a VERY attractive proposition for any footballer now, even if you ignore the wages on offer. Milner's got a much better chance of winning things at City than he has at Villa.

He has a better chance, I wouldn't say a MUCH better chance. If it comes unstuck, they'll change manager, new system, who knows what could happen. It is all ifs and buts at the moment. They came nowhere near anything last season despite spending shitloads remember.

That is the difference between City and United. Berbatov going to United to try and win things was fine as they are established as one of the top two teams in the country after winning league after league after league. If Berbatov had gone to the equivalent of a City that season, you'd be calling him a money-grabbing cunt and don't even pretend that you wouldn't.

I really hope that City cannot break that glass ceiling because they only buy players with an incurable hunger for shitloads of money over determination to progress as a player. If Milner wanted to progress then he would have either spent another year as a first-teamer at a strong Villa side, or waited for a United/Chelsea to sign him up for less money. As it is I really don't see how he will play that often in an already ridiculously packed midfield, and how any "trophies" that they might potentially win, how he could feel proud of winning them like Torres did for Spain at the World Cup.

The Rosk
July 22nd, 2010, 11:48 AM
Yes of course, but you can't blame City for that. Any other side in the same position would be doing the exact same thing. The rules need to be changed so that it's not possible to do what City are doing - City aren't doing anything wrong.

Why the fuck are you bringing the attribution of "blame" into this? Seriously sometimes you just go on such random tangents it is a joke. Of course noone blames City but that doesn't mean they wouldn't want them to not succeed over other clubs.

Andy
July 22nd, 2010, 11:54 AM

YouTube- CITY FAN ROASTS TALKSPORT PORKY PARRY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xUbOri3kK0)

Laughable.

Ridiculous. It's disgraceful that these people can make a living out of football.

The Rosk
July 22nd, 2010, 11:57 AM
1. Adam Johnson
2. Silva
3. Barry
4. Vieira
5. Yaya Toure
6. de Jong
7. Bellamy
8. Ireland
9. Michael Johnson
10. Kompany
11. Weiss
12. Wright-Phillips

Competing for four midfield slots presumably, that is fucking mental. And that's without 25 million man James Milner.

Andy
July 22nd, 2010, 11:57 AM
What the fuck is City's team gonna be next season?

Given

Boateng, Kompany, Lescott, Kolarov

Johnson, Toure, Milner, Silva

Tevez, Adebayor

That leaves out Hart, Toure, Bridge, Richards, Onouha, Ireland, Vieira, De Jong, Barry, Wright-Phillips, Zabaleta, Robinho, Bellamy, Santa Cruz and others. And they still want Donovan and Balotelli. Mental.

Beefy
July 22nd, 2010, 12:25 PM

How does it? It actually pleases me to see a team up there other than those who formed the Champions League cartel to pretty much rig the domestic leagues.

The days of teams being able to compete at the top of the league without throwing a stupid amount of money at it are long since gone. Man City aren't the problem, the problem is that the only way that it was even remotely possible for a team other than Chelsea, Arsenal, Man United or Liverpool to compete for the title is to be taken over by a billionaire.

Bad Collin
July 22nd, 2010, 1:17 PM

YouTube- CITY FAN ROASTS TALKSPORT PORKY PARRY (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xUbOri3kK0)

Laughable.

BC used to like talksport but now it is like listening to a spoken word version of the Sun. Was it ever good or is BC imagining things?

BC agrees entirely.

How does it? It actually pleases me to see a team up there other than those who formed the Champions League cartel to pretty much rig the domestic leagues.

The days of teams being able to compete at the top of the league without throwing a stupid amount of money at it are long since gone. Man City aren't the problem, the problem is that the only way that it was even remotely possible for a team other than Chelsea, Arsenal, Man United or Liverpool to compete for the title is to be taken over by a billionaire.

The Champions League cartel devalues football as well but two wrongs don't make a right.

Bluemoon
July 22nd, 2010, 2:33 PM
What the fuck is City's team gonna be next season?

Given

Boateng, Kompany, Lescott, Kolarov

Johnson, Toure, Milner, Silva

Tevez, Adebayor

That leaves out Hart, Toure, Bridge, Richards, Onouha, Ireland, Vieira, De Jong, Barry, Wright-Phillips, Zabaleta, Robinho, Bellamy, Santa Cruz and others. And they still want Donovan and Balotelli. Mental.

Mental it is, Bobby Manc did say expect roation.

JIJ
July 22nd, 2010, 2:52 PM
I'd say a club like Rochdale are more of a "proper" football club than both City and Villa.

BBF
July 22nd, 2010, 2:53 PM
I'd say a club like Barnet are more of a "proper" football club than both City and Villa.

:yes:

Torn
July 22nd, 2010, 3:02 PM
I agree with the sentiment.

Ringo
July 22nd, 2010, 3:06 PM
Apparently we're close to signing Ramires from Benfica for €20m, and will launch a renewed bid for Neymar shortly. I've seen a fair bit of Ramires and usually been impressed, but keep reading more and more very negative stuff about him. "Can't pass", "can't control", "Benfica fans hate him", "HE IS THE WORST BRAZIL PLAYER EVER" etc.

So yeah... Ancelotti likes his Brazilians.

Darkoke
July 23rd, 2010, 6:08 AM
Rafael Scheidt is the worst Brazil player ever.

Mik
July 23rd, 2010, 2:25 PM
Having said that I can't see him displacing Mensah or Da Silva who both played pretty well for Sunderland last year didn't they Gavrilo?

Mensah was excellent, but injury prone and we arent being allowed to loan him again, or sign him on a 'pay as you play' deal, so it's looking unlikely.

Da Silva looked like he had some quality, but was a little error prone. Hopefully he'll have got to the pace of English football and will be better next season.

I'm hoping that Bramble is just a back-up.

Turner has been fine.

JIJ
July 23rd, 2010, 8:54 PM
Mensah was excellent, but injury prone and we arent being allowed to loan him again, or sign him on a 'pay as you play' deal, so it's looking unlikely.

Da Silva looked like he had some quality, but was a little error prone. Hopefully he'll have got to the pace of English football and will be better next season.

I thought it was the other way round. Da Silva was always covering Mensahs mistakes. Mensah looked nervy and out of his depth whenever he got near the ball unless it was to make a clearance

Turner has been fine.[/QUOTE]

da_man
July 24th, 2010, 7:44 AM
A couple of bits of Rovers gossip...

Hot news for you

Big Sam was in a furious rage after the game on Tuesday and offered his resignation unless certain conditions are met. These conditions include funds from whomever is in charge of the club and a guarantee over his personal position in the uncertainty.

The manager spoke to several board members before making the offer to leave the club if no assurances were given.

This story is live and real.

I hope he doesnt leave well certainly not in cloudy situations like these.

Top work by the 'inside' man...so you might as well have an early 11 o'clocker.

There has been some real screaming going on - and that is why moves are afoot to land a striker.

I understand that Heskey at 2 million is the current hot topic, with Villa willing to sell and the player prepared to move.

However there is every reason to believe there are other options being pursued.

To be honest, the whole situation with the manager is probably bigger than landing a striker right now.

The paper will be running a Heskey tale, but I'm starting to think I should have done it about the manager and his future.

:\

The Rosk
July 24th, 2010, 8:01 AM
Please GOD take him off us.

1_Pablo_Angel
July 24th, 2010, 10:37 AM
can blackburn afford his ludicrous wages?

The Rosk
July 26th, 2010, 6:05 AM
Appaz not.

Milner having "showdown talks" with O'Neill today apparently? I thought he was definitely off? WTF???

Alf
July 26th, 2010, 6:12 AM
Did you see the papers yesterday saying Spurs are going to bid... personally I think it's blatantly Villa trying to drive the price up.

BUT

I'll give you Hutton, Jenas, Keane, and 8m. What do you say?

Simon
July 26th, 2010, 6:25 AM
I bloody can't wait for the season nggggggg

The Rosk
July 26th, 2010, 6:25 AM
For Milner?

Hmmmmmmm I'd rather die. Hutton and Jenas wouldn't get in our team so pointless. And O'Neill would bloody wank Keane off every day. How about Keane + 18 million.

Lazurus
July 26th, 2010, 6:40 AM
Which right back would you start ahead of Hutton?

The Rosk
July 26th, 2010, 6:41 AM
Don't talk to me about right backs mate.

Simon
July 26th, 2010, 6:42 AM
CC, surely?

The Rosk
July 26th, 2010, 6:57 AM
We bought Luke Young for 6 million and Habib Beye for 2.5 million and we play one of our best central defenders at right-back ahead of them, and now they will go for pennies. The last thing we need is another fucking right-back and a midfielder who goes missing thanks very much.

Alf
July 26th, 2010, 7:44 AM
We bought Luke Young for 6 million and Habib Beye for 2.5 million and we play one of our best central defenders at right-back ahead of them, and now they will go for pennies. The last thing we need is another fucking right-back and a midfielder who goes tactically missing thanks very much.

There... fixed it.

Andy
July 26th, 2010, 8:39 AM
Rumours linking us with a 10m+ move for Phil Jagielka aren't going away... :\

MMH
July 26th, 2010, 8:48 AM
Rumours linking us with a 10m+ move for Phil Jagielka aren't going away... :\

Why the face? Hes quality.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 26th, 2010, 8:52 AM
I don't think we'll get him. Everton don't need the money, and he's a good player. And he doesnt seem to be kicking up a fuss about a move. Leave it be and move on.

Andy
July 26th, 2010, 8:53 AM
Why the face? Hes quality.

Not because he's not a good player, just because it wouldn't be a very Wenger-ish transfer. I'd be happy with it, just can't see it happening.

The Rosk
July 26th, 2010, 9:40 AM
Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has cooled talk of bids for Aston Villa pair Ashley Young and James Milner.

Redknapp admires both Milner and Young but says he has not approached Villa about either player and has no intention of doing so.

Asked about Milner, Redknapp told Sky Sports News: "No, we wouldn't be able to.

"Anybody would like James Milner, he's an outstanding young player, but he'd be way out of our depth."

On Young, Redknapp added: "Again, I wouldn't think they'd want to sell Ashley Young.

"He is a good player but he belongs to Villa. We've not made any enquiries for him at all."

The Rosk
July 26th, 2010, 9:42 AM
Mancini moaning about the fact that clubs are asking for shitloads of money from City whenever they come to buy someone.

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU EXPECT YOU FUCKING CUNT.

JIJ
July 26th, 2010, 10:04 AM
I'm sure he expects it.

Doesn't mean it isn't irritating.

Simon
July 26th, 2010, 10:05 AM
We are trying to get Ozil. :lol:

Lazurus
July 26th, 2010, 10:08 AM
I've just seen an ITK claiming that it's 100%.

The Rosk
July 26th, 2010, 10:12 AM
I'm sure he expects it.

Doesn't mean it isn't irritating.

He's got a bottomless pit. What the fuck does he care.

The Rosk
July 26th, 2010, 10:51 AM
So Milner has "amicable" talks with O'Neill today and will go to Portugal on a pre-season trip with the squad. This looks more positive than ever. Come on MON just sort it one way or another.

Simon
July 26th, 2010, 10:58 AM
If I were you I would be calm about it The Rosk. The most important thing in your favour is that Milner is not a cunt. If he doesn't get his way he won't throw a strop, refuse to train or any of that bollocks, you can guarantee he will get his head down and work his nuts off until the next transfer window. And a lot can happen in that time - if you manage to persuade him to stay until Christmas, City could have made a bollocks of their season or Villa could be going great guns. Look at Vidic - this time last season he was nailed on to leave United, they persuaded him to give it another year and now he's signed a new contract.

The fact that he's not willing to throw his toys out of the pram means that you will be guaranteed one of two things - Milner stays, or you get an inflated price for him. The only question, as has been asked of O'Neill and so many other managers, is whether the money you get for him will be spent in the right way if he goes.

Lagom
July 26th, 2010, 11:00 AM
Goalkeepers
David Gonzales (COL)
Shay Given (IRL)
Joe Hart (ENG)
Gunnar Nielsen (FAR)
Stuart Taylor (ENG)

Defenders
Dedryck Boyata (BEL)
Greg Cunningham (IRE)
Javan Vidal (ENG)
Jerome Boateng (GER)
Joleon Lescott (ENG)
Wayne Bridge (ENG)
Javier Garrido (ESP)
Shaleum Logan * (ENG)
Nedum Onuoha (ENG)
Micah Richards (ENG)
Kolo Toure (CIV)
Pablo Zabaleta (ARG)

Midfielders
Abdisalam Ibrahim (NOR)
Adam Johnson (ENG)
David Silva (ESP)
Gareth Barry (ENG)
Patrick Vieira (FRA)
Yaya Toure (CIV)
Nigel de Jong (NED)
Kelvin Etuhu * (NGR)
Stephen Ireland (IRL)
Michael Johnson (ENG)
Vincent Kompany (BEL)
Vladimir Weiss* (SVK)
Shaun Wright-Phillips (ENG)

Strikers
Emmanuel Adebayor (TGO)
Craig Bellamy (WAL)
Felipe Caicedo * (ECU)
J * (BRA)
Alex Tchuimeni-Nimely (ENG)
Robinho * (BRA)
Roque Santa Cruz (PRY)
Carlos Tevez (ARG)

That's the squad from Man City's official website.

Try and cut that down to the 25 player limit for this season, AND leave room for Kolarov, Torres, Balotelli and Milner, who Mancini has expressed an interest in signing, and has signed, in Kolarov's case.

I think other clubs are doing them a favour by trying to price them out of the market.

Bluemoon
July 26th, 2010, 11:02 AM
Mancini moaning about the fact that clubs are asking for shitloads of money from City whenever they come to buy someone.

WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU EXPECT YOU FUCKING CUNT.

When is Martin buying our fringe players?

The Rosk
July 26th, 2010, 11:05 AM
When you pay over the odds for Milner.

Simon
July 26th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Goalkeepers
Shay Given
Joe Hart
Stuart Taylor

Defenders
Dedryck Boyata
Jerome Boateng
Joleon Lescott
Wayne Bridge
Javier Garrido
Nedum Onuoha
Kolo Toure
Pablo Zabaleta
Aleksandar Kolarov

Midfielders
Adam Johnson
David Silva
Gareth Barry
Patrick Vieira
Yaya Toure
Nigel de Jong
Stephen Ireland
Vincent Kompany
Shaun Wright-Phillips

Strikers
Emmanuel Adebayor
Craig Bellamy
Roque Santa Cruz
Carlos Tevez

That's a fairly clear-cut 25 without taking into account Milner and an extra striker. Bearing in mind that Ireland will leave if Milner comes in, you're only really looking at making space for one striker. The likes of Richards, Jo, Michael Johnson and Caicedo won't be involved next year, either sent out on loan or sold. I thought Weiss might play a bit more regularly this year but chances are he will be sent out on loan again if they can't fit him in the 25.

In fact looking at it, Garrido will probably be sold as well (if Bridge doesn't go to Liverpool), which would free up space for the extra striker. It really isn't a particularly complicated situation, it just looks massive because they have brought new players in before getting rid of the fringe players. We had a similar situation a few years ago, we supposedly had 30 first-team players but the likes of Stalteri and a few others weren't even given squad numbers and were free to move on.

Bluemoon
July 26th, 2010, 11:15 AM
When you pay over the odds for Milner.

No probs.

Can you afford out fringe players?

The Rosk
July 26th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Sorry mate I don't understand.

Bluemoon
July 26th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Yeah was just going to edit.

My point was before any Milner deal can you afford any of our players or others for that matter?

El Capitano Gatisto
July 26th, 2010, 11:19 AM
For all the money City have spent, that defence and forward line doesn't look great. David Silva is the one brilliant player they've signed.

Lazurus
July 26th, 2010, 11:20 AM
He means gay subs. Can your imagine take it if you signed some gay subs.

The Rosk
July 26th, 2010, 11:21 AM
Yeah was just going to edit.

My point was before any Milner deal can you afford any of our players or others for that matter?

Noone knows mate. O'Neill is saying we need to sell to buy, but maybe that is just chat to not get fucked up the arse this Summer.

Simon
July 26th, 2010, 11:25 AM
For all the money City have spent, that defence and forward line doesn't look great. David Silva is the one brilliant player they've signed.

I think they are suffering from what I said a while ago - they have signed players capable of fighting for a Champions League spot, but all of them will need to be replaced if they want to be among the elite. If they have seen this as a long-term building plan then fair enough but the entire back line is too weak to win any major tournaments. Not sure if Boateng or Kolarov are next step players either, though I have seen little of either.

Disagree on the strike force though. Bellamy is one of the most impactful players in the league IMO, Tevez and Adebayor will always score goals too. The three of them should have forty or fifty goals between them in the league this season.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 26th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Tevez, Adebayor and Bellamy cannot all play at once given Man City have about 84 midfielders. Nor was that strikeforce really anything special last season, even given Tevez being in the goalscoring form of his life (which I don't see continuing).

Simon
July 26th, 2010, 11:30 AM
My assumption is that they will play the same 4-2-3-1 they were tending to play last year, with Silva in the attacking midfield spot and Bellamy and Tevez buzzing around either side of Adebaps.

Alf
July 26th, 2010, 11:32 AM
It'll be interesting to see how City's business pans out towards the end of august. They need to get their squad down to 25 (yep, I know about the under 21 rule and the homnegrown rule so that number isn't set in stone).

Lagom
July 26th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Actually, thinking about it, fuck the 25 man squad, what's their 11 going to look like?

If Simon is right, and i'd say on this occasion, he is, that leaves 4 defenders and 2 presumably defensive midfielders to fit in.

The back 4 is fairly straightforward I'd say, with Kompany and Lescott fighting to the second CB spot alongside Toure, and those 2 flanked by Boateng and Kolarov.

That then leaves Barry, De Jong, Vieira, Ireland, Toure Jr. to fit into 2 spots in the midfield.

Honestly, I'd rather be Hodgson that Mancini right about now. Aside from the fact that a number of them probably don't mind sitting on their arses for 100k a week

Simon
July 26th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Vieira and Ireland won't get a look in, Vieira is there to 'provide experience' without actually getting on the pitch it seems. It'll be two from De Jong, Toure and Barry (I'd assume he will start with the first two next year as they have more mobility than Barry and won't be exposed so badly if hit on the counter with City's four attacking players left upfield), with three others supporting a lone striker. My guess would be...

Given

Boateng - Toure - Kompany - Kolarov

Toure - De Jong

Tevez - Silva - Bellamy

Adebayor

The questions will really arise if Milner signs. I don't know where he fits into a side that, one assumes, will line up in that kind of formation, given that he's neither a typical wide-auxilliary attacker nor a sitting midfielder. I suppose if they sign him he gives them a more natural shift into a traditional 4-5-1, with De Jong in the Makelele role never getting forward, allowing Toure and Milner more freedom to support the striker from central positions.

Ringo
July 26th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Vieira is back-up. Ireland will probably leave. So really it's Barry, De Jong and Toure fighting for first team spots.

EDIT: Simon got there first.

I think Milner would fit in there fairly easily. He'd replace Bellamy. The three of Tevez, Silva and Milner could move around quite easily. It'd be very flexible, with SWP and A Johnson providing decent alternatives on the right and left respectively.

The Rosk
July 26th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Tevez, Silva and Milner

:cum:

Simon
July 26th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Bellarz is better than Milner. Y'all niggaz need to stop the hate.

The Rosk
July 26th, 2010, 12:17 PM
Is that some comedy you are trying to slip in. It looks like shit from here

Simon
July 26th, 2010, 12:19 PM
You think Milner is better than Bellamy? No chance, Bellamy is a great player.

Funboy
July 26th, 2010, 12:37 PM
Despite being a cunt, Bellamy is indeed a great player. Second best City player last year, behind Tevez.

The Rosk
July 26th, 2010, 12:42 PM
You think Milner is better than Bellamy? No chance, Bellamy is a great player.

Hmmmmmmmm ok let me think. Apart from being in different positions, who do you think is worth more. Why are City considering offloading Bellamy and paying over the odds for Milner. hmmmmmmmmm. I don't think it is clear-cut, they are both good players. Bellamy, if anything, is very much a form player, whereas Milner will give you that massively important consistency.

Simon
July 26th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Worth more isn't the same as better. Bellamy is in his thirties and, by his own admission, one major injury away from retirement. Yes, Milner is worth more and has greater long-term value to a team like City who are building towards a dominant future, but if you're asking who you would want on the left-hand side of City's attack this season, I'd say Bellamy every time. He's a better player than Milner right now, simple as that.

Simon
July 26th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Don't want to worry you The Rosk, but...

we're in for ashley young 100%..

can see bellamy and young as our 2 main signings..

MMH
July 26th, 2010, 1:08 PM
Bollocks Bellamy is a great player. Hes a good player who had a tremendous season last year.

Lagom
July 26th, 2010, 1:17 PM
I think Bollocks Bellamy should be his new nickname, due to his huge ones, not that he is..

The Rosk
July 26th, 2010, 2:24 PM
Don't want to worry you The Rosk, but...

You said this last year, many, many, many boring times.

The Rosk
July 26th, 2010, 2:24 PM
Worth more isn't the same as better. Bellamy is in his thirties and, by his own admission, one major injury away from retirement. Yes, Milner is worth more and has greater long-term value to a team like City who are building towards a dominant future, but if you're asking who you would want on the left-hand side of City's attack this season, I'd say Bellamy every time. He's a better player than Milner right now, simple as that.

I disagree mate. Think Milner offers more. Sorry mate. Sorry.

BBF
July 26th, 2010, 4:04 PM
What has been confirmed as Royston Drenthe's facebook page has his status as 'I will soon be joining Liverpool Fc . Hope i will have a good season there'

Bad Collin
July 26th, 2010, 6:21 PM
Damn! He's a bigger cunt than Torn.

jesus sucks
July 26th, 2010, 7:22 PM
Bellarz isn't very good really. he looks great when he doesn't play for your team, but when he plays for your side you see how shit he is. i used to love him before we signed him. went to about 10 or so league games and all the champions league games in 06/07 and he was our worst player in the majority of those matches he played in. he is an entertaining bloke in general though and i enjoy watching him or listening to him talk shit as long as it's for other teams.

Simon
July 27th, 2010, 4:12 AM
With regard Ashley Young.

We are indeed interested in him (As The Scout has said). Villa are also very interested in some of our players, namely Keane, Bentley and Jenas.

There were two possible deals mentioned, one where all three move to Villa for around 25m with us then getting AY for 19m, the other was Keane + Cash for AY.

Still not sure he is what we need. Then again he's more what we need than Keane, Bentley or Jenas.

Murphy
July 27th, 2010, 4:36 AM
What is Bentley's salary? If it wasn't for the fact that he's prolly one of our top earners, I'd have liked to have kept him.

The Rosk
July 27th, 2010, 4:37 AM
Ashley Young is better than most of your players. You would fit him in.

The Rosk
July 27th, 2010, 4:37 AM
After thinking about it I would actually like Bentley and Keane, but if we sell Young then I'm officially done as a Villa fan. No more posting in here if both he and Jimmy go. Being serious. Fuck that shit.

Bluemoon
July 27th, 2010, 4:46 AM
Still not sure he is what we need. Then again he's more what we need than Keane, Bentley or Jenas.

Vieira and Ireland won't get a look in, Vieira is there to 'provide experience' without actually getting on the pitch it seems. It'll be two from De Jong, Toure and Barry (I'd assume he will start with the first two next year as they have more mobility than Barry and won't be exposed so badly if hit on the counter with City's four attacking players left upfield), with three others supporting a lone striker. My guess would be...

Given

Boateng - Toure - Kompany - Kolarov

Toure - De Jong

Tevez - Silva - Bellamy

Adebayor

Yes I'd agree with that's how our first team will look, if Milner signs push Tevez upfront and drop Adebayor.

Here is what City's reserve team could be:

GK: Joe Hart

RB: Pablo Zabaleta
CB: Micah Richards
CB: Lescott
LB: Wayne Bridge

CM: Patrick Vieira
CM: Gareth Barry
RM: Shaun Wright-Phillips
LM: Robinho

CF: Craig Bellamy
CF: Adebayor

Can't make either side:

Stephen Ireland
Jo
Roque Santa Cruz
Vladimir Weiss
Nedum Onuoha
Javier Garrido

BBF
July 27th, 2010, 4:47 AM
How much did you guys spend on Lescott? 24m wasn't it?

Bloody hell.

Lagom
July 27th, 2010, 4:50 AM
After thinking about it I would actually like Bentley and Keane, but if we sell Young then I'm officially done as a Villa fan. No more posting in here if both he and Jimmy go. Being serious. Fuck that shit.

For posterity.

As good as Young is, I think I'd rather have Bentley, for some reason. Regardless of his apparently shit attitude, i'd like to see how he'd develop under a manager like Hodgson, there's got to be so much untapped potential there.

Even with the Brylcreem look.

The Rosk
July 27th, 2010, 5:04 AM
For posterity.

As good as Young is, I think I'd rather have Bentley, for some reason. Regardless of his apparently shit attitude, i'd like to see how he'd develop under a manager like Hodgson, there's got to be so much untapped potential there.

Even with the Brylcreem look.

Nah, Young is a much better player.

For everyone saying last season wasn't a great one for him (and I agree), he still got double figures on direct assists after being made to swap with DJ Downing every two seconds clearing up the shite that he left behind. Still only 23, he's fucking brilliant and part of me would die if he left.

Lagom
July 27th, 2010, 5:10 AM
Here's a compromise for you.... Selll Downing for 20m to Man City, and use that to buy Keane and Bentley?

The Rosk
July 27th, 2010, 5:15 AM
Nah thinking about it, he's worth his fucking weight in gold:

YouTube- Stewart Downing Pin Point Accuracy

Simon
July 27th, 2010, 5:16 AM
Young is definitely better than Bentley, but I can't help thinking that both are better suited to their prospective new sides. Bentley throwing balls into the box for Carew would be O'Neill's dream.

The Rosk
July 27th, 2010, 5:17 AM
That's what Young has essentially been doing for three years but from the other side. One of the best crossers in the League.

Lagom
July 27th, 2010, 5:19 AM
Could you imagine how much of a nightmare Carew would be for Premier League defences if he actually gave a shit?

He'd be like Heskey, Crouch, Carlton Cole and Darren Bent in one big Viking-sized package

The Rosk
July 27th, 2010, 5:24 AM
I've said it time and time again on here - when Carew is in the mood he's one of the best strikers I have seen in years. Stronger than most defenders, brilliant in the air, fast, skilful and determined. But this is only about a quarter of the time. It is bloody infuriating.

Simon
July 27th, 2010, 5:29 AM
The British Market is ready to boom soon as Milner goes expect things to start happening.

Ashley Young deal depends on the Milner deal and the cash they receive if they get 30m expect the raid on spurs if they only get around 25m expect them only to move for Robbie Keane. Villa are now asking for Bellamy and Ireland in the deal for Milner, so it looks as if Villa hold the key to the market as nobody is willing to sell because they know they can quote Villa silly money hence why we're holding out with the departure lounge and Man City. Villa seem to have a choice out of our three or the City players for a lot cheaper.

Bellamy was offered to Cardiff city for 6 million when we asked we were told 12 million, City are moving goalposts with us.

:eek:

Alf
July 27th, 2010, 5:30 AM
Who is that from? Because there is zero info showing up on FTL these days.

Bluemoon
July 27th, 2010, 5:32 AM
How much did you guys spend on Lescott? 24m wasn't it?

Bloody hell.

Yes 24M

He only had one good season and Hughes went mental to sign him.

Simon
July 27th, 2010, 5:33 AM
Who is that from? Because there is zero info showing up on FTL these days.
The Goat (Spurscommunity)

Bluemoon
July 27th, 2010, 5:34 AM
Hahahaha

You can have him for 6M. You want him? Give us 12M, Cook really is a twat.

Bluemoon
July 27th, 2010, 5:35 AM
So hurry up Martin you hold the key, let's get things going. If they get cash, Bellamy and Ireland that would be pretty good.

1_Pablo_Angel
July 27th, 2010, 5:36 AM
With regard Ashley Young.

We are indeed interested in him (As The Scout has said). Villa are also very interested in some of our players, namely Keane, Bentley and Jenas.

There were two possible deals mentioned, one where all three move to Villa for around 25m with us then getting AY for 19m, the other was Keane + Cash for AY.

Jesus Christ. What reason is there to suggest Ashley's actually leaving? I know Rednapp's completely untrustworthy but he seemed to me to give a rare decent, straight answer when asked about him directly recently. Then you've got Ashley's very positive interview a week ago comitting himself to the club and saying how much he loves it here.

Oh but then you've got a shit article in a paper and a couple of bollocks unnammed ITk's OH NO BYE ASH

Harry Redknapp has raised fears for Jonathan Woodgate's career after revealing that the central defender remained "nowhere near" a return to fitness despite spending significant periods of the past eight months consulting with the world's leading specialists on his groin problem.

The Tottenham Hotspur manager also suggested that Woodgate would not be in the 25‑man squad he submits to the Premier League at the end of next month, meaning he would have no chance of playing before the turn of the year.

Woodgate last appeared for Spurs in the 9-1 Premier League win over Wigan Athletic on 22 November and he has since endured operations and injections to the troublesome area. The 30-year-old has visited clinics in Australia and the United States, the latter to see the medic whom he favoured during his time at Real Madrid, which was wrecked by a lower back problem.

Redknapp said in January that it was "difficult to know" whether the US-based specialist had got to the root of the problem. "Woody's got a weakness around that pelvic area and he just can't get it right," he said. The passing of the months has merely deepened the frustration. "Woody's nowhere near at the moment, nowhere near," Redknapp said. "It must be really hard for him at the moment because he's nowhere near kicking a ball. He's been out for nearly a year, been in America and Australia but he's still nowhere near."

The Premier League has introduced a rule, whereby clubs have to name a squad of 25 senior players by the closure of the summer transfer window, eight of which must be home-grown. Under-21 players are eligible over and above the limit. Clubs can only make changes to the list in January, during the winter transfer window.

"I couldn't put Woody in my 25," Redknapp said. "It's impossible at the moment and if he doesn't start playing before [the end of August], he's got no chance. You can't have somebody in who's never going to play, if he's not going to be fit.

"He's got to really prove that between now and the start of the season. To have any chance, he's got to be playing, otherwise you couldn't possibly have him in the 25. Not at the moment. He's a long way off now. We'll see how we go in January."

Real shame as he could have been a seriously good player. Were he not so outrageously injury prone.

The Rosk
July 27th, 2010, 5:40 AM
Cash, Bellamy and Ireland would be a fucking brilliant deal for us. Young, Bellamy, Carew and Agbonlahor would be fucking pacey.

Why can't we just sell Milner to City for an undisclosed fee.

1_Pablo_Angel
July 27th, 2010, 5:44 AM
I'd really like us to get Ireland. Nutcase but quality player, the sort we need.

The Rosk
July 27th, 2010, 5:48 AM
Carew - Agbonlahor

Young - Petrov - Ireland - Bellamy

That's not bad at all, if Bellamy and Young were to swap every now and then. God know how else we would play it.

SOMEONE BUY HESKEY

The Rosk
July 27th, 2010, 5:53 AM
From June/July last year:

Spurs ITK says Young to Spurs is a definite possibility, the player is interested. :eek:

I heard an element of this Young story is that he wants to move to London. Which is understandable since he lives in Birmingham, but moving to us is a sideways step (albeit given the losses of Laursen and Barry, if Young moved to us I'd say we are the better of the two teams) and as has already been said, if he continued progressing for another year then a top side would be in for him.

Been here before I think boys...

1_Pablo_Angel
July 27th, 2010, 5:59 AM
Carew - Agbonlahor

Young - Petrov - Ireland - Bellamy

That's not bad at all, if Bellamy and Young were to swap every now and then. God know how else we would play it.

SOMEONE BUY HESKEY

Get Nige in there to add a bit of steel and play Gabby up front on his own. Think Stan + Ireland would be a bit lightweight.

Simon
July 27th, 2010, 6:04 AM
From June/July last year:

Been here before I think boys...

Dunno why you're trying to pin this on me, I'm just posting bits of info that might be of interest. I'm not arsed whether we get him or not, and I doubt we will.

Simon
July 27th, 2010, 6:32 AM
Just bringing back up the topic yesterday about City's squad of 25 - Micah Richards and Michael Johnson are considered under 21 under the current rules and do not have to be included in the 25-man squad. Boateng also qualifies as under 21, although I'm not sure how being a foreign player affects his qualification.

Lazurus
July 27th, 2010, 6:43 AM
SSN have reported that Sol Campbell is having a medical at Newcastle.

Bluemoon
July 27th, 2010, 6:52 AM
First Gosling and now Campbell, they are staying up.

Darkoke
July 27th, 2010, 7:45 AM
My Chelsea supporting mate's Facebook status is "Torres to be a Chelsea player by the end of today?" - he says "Paddy power have stopped taking bets. Hodgson says he is running out of ideas to keep Torres. Torres has said he wants champions league this year. That knocks man city out".

Ringo
July 27th, 2010, 7:52 AM
Haha, there's loads of shit flying around. GUILLEM BALAGUE'S TWITTER SAYS TORRES HAS SIGNED. No it hasn't. He wants Champions League football?! No way! I'd still be surprised if we sign him to be honest.

Beefy
July 27th, 2010, 8:04 AM
I just don't see Torres at Chelsea. It doesn't seem to fit, for some reason.

Simon
July 27th, 2010, 8:05 AM
I was just about to come and mention this, Skybet has him as 1/3 to join Chelsea.

MikeHunt
July 27th, 2010, 8:08 AM
nah doubt it, torres as Beefy says doesn't seem to fit at chelsea.

however if he joins Drogba to city?

i think so

Beefy
July 27th, 2010, 8:10 AM
Couple of bits of random Southend news; Phil Brown told Talksport yesterday that he had two meetings with our chairman this summer about becoming our manager before Sturrock got the job.

And for the second time in three years, God has told Rory Fallon not to sign for us. Damn that almighty deity.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 27th, 2010, 8:12 AM
People are saying Torres for 46m to Chelsea. Places have stopped taking bets around the City. I don't really see it, as it would seem to be a long saga of a transfer, not something that would just happen overnight.

Rosk Petrov and Ireland would get ripped apart in the middle mate. Ireland cannot be a part of a 4-4-2. He cannot do it.

Bad Collin
July 27th, 2010, 8:28 AM
46 million is insane, we would be mental not to accept that.

Simon
July 27th, 2010, 8:28 AM
Bolton have signed Alonso from Real Madrid :wtf: :eek: :wtf: Not that one, stupid!

Winkle van Tinkle
July 27th, 2010, 8:48 AM
ESPN / Soccernet Summary:
- Marcell Jansen rules out Liverpool transfer
- Cagliari's Federico Marchetti is the latest goalkeeper to be linked with Arsenal, with the Italian club's president claiming the Gunners have already been in contact.
- Raul says he is moving to Germany or England
- Unnecessary Barcelona signing Henrique (defender) rejoins Racing on loan
- Mancini is "unsure" whether Craig Bellamy will be named in his 25-man Premier League squad and says it is up to Stephen Ireland to prove himself to him

Also Maicon to Madrid is all over the spanish and italian press. 26m i believe.

The Rosk
July 27th, 2010, 8:50 AM
46million for Torres :lol:sdljnsld

Winkle van Tinkle
July 27th, 2010, 8:51 AM
46 million is insane, we would be mental not to accept that.

I assume a lot of that would be add-ons based. But yeah, anything over 35m is worth looking at.

I reckon that bookies suspending the Torres/Chelsea odds just means that Chelsea have put in an offer, and they are watching things develop.

PP has suspended transfer betting (Gerrard/Madrid, Arsenal/Cesc, Joe Cole/Arsenal) in the past month. So it doesn't mean a great deal.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 27th, 2010, 8:52 AM

The guy is finished. Two years time he'll be at Stoke or Bolton.

Ringo
July 27th, 2010, 8:56 AM
I reckon that bookies suspending the Torres/Chelsea odds just means that Chelsea have put in an offer, and they are watching things develop.

Not even that. It means there's been lots of bets. Which probably means a lot of idiots have been listening to talksport and believing what their "sources" have to say.

jesus sucks
July 27th, 2010, 10:59 AM

:lol: haha!!!! brilliant. more trademark excellence from The Rosk. agahagsgashgashaga!!!c. while making up fictional teamsheets for Liverpool of how you imagine we'll start the season with no players at all, and crying about how aston villa are great one moment then changing your mind and admitting you are going down the toilet then saying villa are great and won't sell Milner or Young, then saying how much you hate being an aston villa fan and are done with football forever because you're selling Milner and Young. also probably Carew, while keeping Emile Heskey in your shite squad on massive wages and a Speccy big nosed manager.

all the while your most hated team Liverpool go quietly about their business by getting all out best players to commit for next season including Torres just now today. bar Mascherano who we'll get a good fee for from Inter, and signing Joe Cole the best free agent around this summer who everyone wanted to sign. you would love to have signed Cole lad, we'll beat you in both games next season :yes: another 98th minute Torres stormer running past 6 players and bursting the net at Villa Park beckons.

The Rosk
July 27th, 2010, 11:46 AM
I think this might be a bit of an outburst here from Tim.

The Rosk
July 27th, 2010, 11:47 AM
It really says how low Liverpool have become when they are jealous of Aston Villa FC.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 27th, 2010, 11:58 AM
Gone from bickering with United to Villa. Says it all.

The Rosk
July 27th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Liverpool manager Roy Hodgson has confirmed midfielder Javier Mascherano wants to leave the Anfield club.

Signing of the Summer: A man who, in four Premiership seasons, has amassed an INCREDIBLE 11 goals and 18 assists.

FUCK ME

Winkle van Tinkle
July 27th, 2010, 12:09 PM
So wait, hold on just a minute The Rosk...you're saying that Liverpool are losing their best two midfielder from last year, masch and yossi?

The Rosk
July 27th, 2010, 12:20 PM
And Gerrard is only getting worse too!/ ,ml;asl;k

At least Lucas is staying a'/sl;opa_P::::

jesus sucks
July 27th, 2010, 12:25 PM
i've said my bit. no more words of sense and genius from me regarding this topic. you two can carry on forming your relationship for when you meet at the Rajah meet and bag off with eachother at the end of the night :lol:

The Rosk
July 27th, 2010, 12:27 PM
You started it, Tim. Can't you allow me to gloat, the one time we finish above you?

Star fruit surf rider
July 27th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Liverpool will be alright this season.

Probably finish 5th.

Which is not good by their standards but better than people on here are predicting.

The Rosk
July 27th, 2010, 12:44 PM
No you are right. They probably will finish 5th BOTTOM!!!!>MANKLSNKJASA

Star fruit surf rider
July 27th, 2010, 12:45 PM
They will finish above Villa.

I'll have money on it.

MikeHunt
July 27th, 2010, 12:51 PM
i agree they will finish above villa.

and if roy is given a fair crack at this then i don't see why the glory day for liverpool won't return.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 27th, 2010, 1:06 PM
Based on?

Bluemoon
July 27th, 2010, 5:32 PM
So according to Roy Torres said he can't wait to work with Roy and this season.

MikeHunt
July 27th, 2010, 5:38 PM
Based on?

That Roy is a fucking great manager and I am confident in his ability to get the best out of every single player that he has in his squad.

For proof look at every club he has managed.

Beefy
July 27th, 2010, 5:39 PM
Blackburn?

da_man
July 27th, 2010, 5:49 PM
To be fair, Roy faced a dressing room full of a lot of bad eggs at that time. The remnants of the title-winning squad - Sherwood and Sutton in particular - ruled the roost and did everything they could to disrupt things. Hodgson's ideas from Italy of training twice a day, intensive fitness work and nutrition didn't go down too well.