PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Bluemoon
June 5th, 2014, 6:50 PM
I'll never stop supporting Arsenal but my general interest in football has definitely gone down. I used to watch every game, every show, listen to every podcast and read every article. Now I try and make it to a game or two a season and don't watch much more than the Arsenal games. I listen to one podcast and follow a couple of twitter accounts.

Cesc going to Chelsea really would be a heartbreaker. A player who we saw develop into a world class talent and leave as he was hitting his peak might now go to Mourinho's bunch of cunts.

You need Arsenal to be relegated twice and you'll be watching every game you can in the lower leagues. Proper leagues.

Chris Scott
June 6th, 2014, 1:28 PM
Looks like we are paying the 10m for Can. I've no idea how good he is

Me too but everyone that has watched him play are raving about him.

Ringo
June 6th, 2014, 1:42 PM
I saw him a couple of times for Leverkusen this season and he looked very assured. I actually remember him from the under 17 world cup a few years ago when he captained Germany and was outstanding. He was rated very highly at Bayern but they just have so many midfield options now that he had to look elsewhere for opportunities. They did supposedly have a buy back option though.

MMH
June 6th, 2014, 3:07 PM
Can was highly touted a few years ago. Could go either way, I could see him being another Nuri Sahin. Certainly talented though.

Bad Collin
June 6th, 2014, 3:11 PM
He's versatile at least and he will probably be more useful than Lucas and Allen.

RFF Champ
June 6th, 2014, 4:17 PM
Really? Thought Allen had a great season, performed whenever called upon.

Bad Collin
June 6th, 2014, 5:34 PM
24 goals, 1 goal, 1 assist. I think great is a massive stretch. I just thought he looked a split second slower than everyone else. Most games where he came on he seemed to break down a lot of attacks, same with Lucas.

Chris Scott
June 6th, 2014, 5:44 PM
Can was highly touted a few years ago. Could go either way, I could see him being another Nuri Sahin. Certainly talented though.

Is that a good thing or bad as I think Sahin is a very good player just didn't show it for us.

Gary J
June 7th, 2014, 2:41 PM
I think he meant that he could go the same way as Sahin and not show what a good player he is.

RFF Champ
June 8th, 2014, 3:40 AM
24 goals, 1 goal, 1 assist. I think great is a massive stretch. I just thought he looked a split second slower than everyone else. Most games where he came on he seemed to break down a lot of attacks, same with Lucas.

He ran the game Liverpool won at Old Trafford and was also very impressive in the City away game. They were 2 of the most eye-opening Liverpool performances of the season which made people stand up and notice. Goals aren't his game, and they don't need to be. He wasn't first choice and when he came in he made some really important performances which made him crucial at times.

It's not long ago that Allen was as highly rated as Can. He went from being protected and rotated in the Championship to Premier League regular and transferring for 15mil. I think given Liverpool's transfers last year I'd have more faith that Allen will continue to improve and offer a calm influence on the ball than this transfer working out.

son_of_foley
June 10th, 2014, 3:29 AM
Senderos and Joe Cole?

RFF Champ
June 10th, 2014, 4:31 AM
Not sure whether this is the final stage of Lambert's plan, now he's got the talented youngsters he wants to add the experience or whether it's a complete turnaround and he's acknowledged that the plan failed. It's been a strange summer at Villa. They sack 2 senior members of staff for bullying and are pursuing Roy Keane as no 2?

RuneEdge
June 10th, 2014, 5:18 AM
Keano's not really a bully though, is he?

son_of_foley
June 10th, 2014, 5:36 AM
Keano's not really a bully though, is he?

Certainly seemed like it at Ipswich

The Rosk
June 10th, 2014, 7:08 AM
I dunno. Appaz both are taking pay cuts to come to us. All last year we were desperate for experience and they do have that I guess. Big meh though, obviously. I don't think anyone really knows what's going on.

Ringo
June 10th, 2014, 7:10 AM
Lots of talk that United have offered Shaw 160k a week. Probably bollocks, mad though.

Simon
June 10th, 2014, 7:11 AM
City are signing Fernando from Porto for 16m apparently, and Barca have all but completed a deal for Rakitic.

McBain
June 10th, 2014, 7:16 AM
I thought I'd read that Lambert was admitting the young lions thing had failed, but it certainly looks like rather than a full-scale re-build he'll instead switch to experience for a bit and hope he can improve the balance.

Not exactly signings that excite, but Joe Cole could have another season or two in the tank. He was never going to fit into Allardyce's system.

Romford Pele
June 10th, 2014, 7:55 AM
Senderos is shite and Joe Cole is passed it. Poor signings by Villa.

RFF Champ
June 10th, 2014, 10:18 AM
Villa were crying out for an attacking midfielder last year, Cole could offer that.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 10th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Joe Cole has been stealing a living since he left Chelsea. Maybe even a bit before then. He'll do nothing at Villa except pick up his wages and a massive pay-off when he's released next summer.

Romford Pele
June 10th, 2014, 11:14 AM
Agreed, I remember when he signed for Liverpool and Gerrard said he was in the same league as Messi ffs :lol:

Simon
June 12th, 2014, 11:05 AM
Fabregas has signed for Chelsea. Annoying.

Andy
June 12th, 2014, 11:06 AM
Sickening.

Ringo
June 12th, 2014, 11:10 AM
Beautiful.

http://i.imgur.com/QtxniBi.jpg

Also a bit weird.

Andy
June 12th, 2014, 11:13 AM
Awful.

Ringo
June 12th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Sid Lowe retweeted a good point - how only a couple of years ago Thiago and Cesc looked nailed on to be the future Barca midfield for years to come and now they're both gone.

Andy
June 12th, 2014, 11:25 AM
Ugh fuck off. It's not even that he's gone to Chelsea, although that is horrible, but why on earth didn't we take up our option. Fucking bollocks.

wardy
June 12th, 2014, 11:26 AM
I wonder what Andy makes of all this.

Ringo
June 12th, 2014, 11:32 AM
You've got loads of good midfielders. Should get at least 10 games out of Ramsey and Wilshere next season.

Romford Pele
June 12th, 2014, 11:33 AM
Appalled. Shocked. Sickened.

Wenger needs to answer for this. Terrible error of judgement here.

I also think Fabregas should look at himself. Did he really need to sign for one of our biggest rivals? He will get a boat load of abuse next season now.

Andy
June 12th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Can't blame fabregas although didn't he say he wouldn't play for another English team? But for all the praise Wenger heaped on him he must've thought he'd be able to come back. Fabregas would be a huge improvement for us so why we didn't go for it I just have no clue.

Romford Pele
June 12th, 2014, 11:42 AM
I can blame him. He could have gone anywhere, Spain, Italy, Germany, even one of the northern teams (though I would have not liked that either) but probably the team (aside from Spurs) that we hate the most?

Fuck him.

I will be interested to hear Wengers explanation.

Simon
June 12th, 2014, 11:43 AM
Ugh fuck off. It's not even that he's gone to Chelsea, although that is horrible, but why on earth didn't we take up our option. Fucking bollocks.

You don't seem to be willing to accept the possibility that they didn't go in for him because he wouldn't be interested...because he knew Chelsea were after him. You're under this weird assumption that if Arsenal had bid their buy-back clause, he'd have signed instantly.

Romford Pele
June 12th, 2014, 11:44 AM
They should have at least tried!

Andy
June 12th, 2014, 11:45 AM
Unless Liverpool, United and us sign a lot of players it'll be a two horse race next season with two of four or five fighting for the CL spots.

Andy
June 12th, 2014, 11:48 AM
You don't seem to be willing to accept the possibility that they didn't go in for him because he wouldn't be interested...because he knew Chelsea were after him. You're under this weird assumption that if Arsenal had bid their buy-back clause, he'd have signed instantly.

I absolutely think he would've signed.

Romford Pele
June 12th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Agreed. Wenger has dropped a massive bollock here I'm afraid.

Ringo
June 12th, 2014, 11:50 AM
"If some day I leave Arsenal it will never be to sign for another English team. I'm very sure," Fabregas, who admits he was surprised by Torres' move, told Spanish magazine Don Balon.

Well technically he didn't do that from Arsenal but yeah.

turdpower
June 12th, 2014, 11:51 AM
It's very weird.

Simon
June 12th, 2014, 11:53 AM
You think he would have signed for Arsenal, who have won one FA Cup in the last decade, over Chelsea who have won pretty much everything there is to win in that same timeframe. On top of that he will be earning what...50% higher wages at Chelsea, at a guess? You're deluded.

Simon
June 12th, 2014, 11:54 AM
Well technically he didn't do that from Arsenal but yeah.

Players say that all the time. It doesn't mean anything until the possibility actually arises. It's all well and good me saying I'd never play for Arsenal, but if they actually came to me now and offered me more money per week than I earn in a year?

Bennedy
June 12th, 2014, 11:55 AM
Cesc looks beautiful in blue.

Romford Pele
June 12th, 2014, 12:05 PM
You think he would have signed for Arsenal, who have won one FA Cup in the last decade, over Chelsea who have won pretty much everything there is to win in that same timeframe. On top of that he will be earning what...50% higher wages at Chelsea, at a guess? You're deluded.

1) We developed him

2) We made him captain

3) He said numerous occasions he would not play for any other team

What a lying prick

son_of_foley
June 12th, 2014, 12:09 PM

Hold up I thought Arsenal paid as high wages as anyone else just not transfer fees. Their wage bill is huge.

What difference does what the club has won in the past decade make? If he has any balls about him he would think he can be the difference between their aborted title challenge and winning it.

Ridiculous points.

Simon
June 12th, 2014, 12:10 PM
1) We developed him

2) We made him captain

3) He said numerous occasions he would not play for any other team

What a lying prick

:lol: Ridiculous. So because you developed him (/were able to steal him due to a dodgy loophole in Spanish footballing law from Barca, who actually developed him in the formative years) that means he should feel obliged to only ever consider a move back to you.

Laughable. Bitter, pathetic rubbish. It takes a lot to make me side with Chelsea in an argument but fucking hell. He owes you nothing.

son_of_foley
June 12th, 2014, 12:11 PM
I can blame him. He could have gone anywhere, Spain, Italy, Germany, even one of the northern teams (though I would have not liked that either) but probably the team (aside from Spurs) that we hate the most?

Fuck him.

I will be interested to hear Wengers explanation.

WHAT?

Where in Spain could he have gone? What other teams in that league would pay what Barca wanted?
Where in Italy is paying that amount of money?
Bayern didn't seem interested so where else in Germany would he have gone?

If he had signed for United or City he would've got the same reaction. So that leaves Liverpool that you wouldn't have minded him going to then?

Stop being mental.

EDIT : The only place I could've seen him getting offers from would've been Monaco or PSG and he probably doesn't want to play at that level.

son_of_foley
June 12th, 2014, 12:12 PM
:lol: Ridiculous. So because you developed him (/were able to steal him due to a dodgy loophole in Spanish footballing law from Barca, who actually developed him in the formative years) that means he should feel obliged to only ever consider a move back to you.

Laughable. Bitter, pathetic rubbish. It takes a lot to make me side with Chelsea in an argument but fucking hell. He owes you nothing.

He owes them a bit though Simon (not as much as they think but a bit). I'm not saying he would feel obliged to move back but I think you're underestimating the familiarity and affinity with the fans which could have played a part in the decision.

Ringo
June 12th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Ozil is supposedly their highest earner on between 130 and 160k depending on the source. They were apparently paying Fabregas 110k a week when he left and Barca paid him 120k a week. The figure I see being touted for the Chelsea move is 155k.

Andy
June 12th, 2014, 12:13 PM
Yeah we'd pay good wages. If Wenger wanted him he would've signed, I have no doubt.

Although I can understand Simon having trouble with the concept when players like Modric and Bale wouldn't go back and his favourite player ever is Ledley King.

Simon
June 12th, 2014, 12:14 PM
Hold up I thought Arsenal paid as high wages as anyone else just not transfer fees. Their wage bill is huge.

What difference does what the club has won in the past decade make? If he has any balls about him he would think he can be the difference between their aborted title challenge and winning it.

Ridiculous points.

You don't think the fact that Chelsea consistently challenge for honours would, or should, have any bearing on his choice? The fuck are you on about? So Bale and Modric should have stayed at Spurs and wasted potentially brilliant careers being big fish in a small pond?

Chelsea pay their superstars ludicrous wages, way above what Arsenal pay their highest earners. There's a possibility that he might not be in that highest band at Chelsea and so might have earned roughly the same if he'd gone to Arsenal as their highest earner, but realistically I would imagine he's being paid comfortably above the top level that Arsenal pay. This is not a ludicrous point, it's an entirely obvious point based on the fact that Chelsea are known to pay above 200k a week to their top earners (or did until they decided to accept FFP, so might be changed now), which is well above the admittedly huge wages that Arsenal pay.

Simon
June 12th, 2014, 12:14 PM
Yeah we'd pay good wages. If Wenger wanted him he would've signed, I have no doubt.

Although I can understand Simon having trouble with the concept when players like Modric and Bale wouldn't go back and his favourite player ever is Ledley King.

This has literally nothing to do with anything. As I just mentioned above, if anything Modric and Bale support my point - by your logic I should expect them to come back to Spurs if they ever decide to move back to England, ahead of clubs that actually challenge for major honours.

son_of_foley
June 12th, 2014, 12:16 PM
Ozil is supposedly their highest earner on between 130 and 160k depending on the source. They were apparently paying Fabregas 110k a week when he left and Barca paid him 120k a week. The figure I see being touted for the Chelsea move is 155k.
I honestly think Chelsea are having to cut their cloth a little more accordingly these days and with Arsenals scale of economy from that stadium they should for the most part be able to match wages. Certainly not be beaten by 50% in most cases anyway.

son_of_foley
June 12th, 2014, 12:20 PM
You don't think the fact that Chelsea consistently challenge for honours would, or should, have any bearing on his choice? The fuck are you on about? So Bale and Modric should have stayed at Spurs and wasted potentially brilliant careers being big fish in a small pond?

Chelsea pay their superstars ludicrous wages, way above what Arsenal pay their highest earners. There's a possibility that he might not be in that highest band at Chelsea and so might have earned roughly the same if he'd gone to Arsenal as their highest earner, but realistically I would imagine he's being paid comfortably above the top level that Arsenal pay. This is not a ludicrous point, it's an entirely obvious point based on the fact that Chelsea are known to pay above 200k a week to their top earners (or did until they decided to accept FFP, so might be changed now), which is well above the admittedly huge wages that Arsenal pay.

As hard as it will be for you to accept this. Arsenal have better starting base than Spurs. They've been in the Champions League for so long they are established. They have been closer to making title challenges etc than Spurs. It's not the same. Did I suggest he should never have left? No of course I didn't so unless Modric/Bale are coming back to the Premiership this season it doesn't have much to do with anything.

You're talking like he would be signing for a mid-table side instead of chelsea. They are similar tier clubs. Both of whom you could expect to be challenging for honours over the next 5 years with him on board.

Romford Pele
June 12th, 2014, 12:21 PM

We made him the player he is, we made him captain of the club because he was someone who wasn't a complete prick like Gallas.

He has effectively stabbed arsenal in back.

Fuck football

Mik
June 12th, 2014, 12:22 PM
Appalled. Shocked. Sickened.

Wenger needs to answer for this. Terrible error of judgement here.

I also think Fabregas should look at himself. Did he really need to sign for one of our biggest rivals? He will get a boat load of abuse next season now.

Agreed. Wenger has dropped a massive bollock here I'm afraid.

Wenger boo-boys are out early this season. I hope he fucking ferguson's you lot when he does finally retire.

son_of_foley
June 12th, 2014, 12:23 PM
We made him the player he is, we made him captain of the club because he was someone who wasn't a complete prick like Gallas.

He has effectively stabbed arsenal in back.

Fuck football
No he hasn't. What age are you?

You could act indignant if a move had been made for him and he turned you down for them maybe but if no offer from Arsenal was on the table what was he supposed to do?

Ringo
June 12th, 2014, 12:23 PM
I honestly think Chelsea are having to cut their cloth a little more accordingly these days and with Arsenals scale of economy from that stadium they should for the most part be able to match wages. Certainly not be beaten by 50% in most cases anyway.

Yeah, exactly. Simon's basing things off our policy (or lack of) from quite a few years ago. If you look at the reported figures from recent times and compare them with other top clubs we're not in another league or anything. Like I said, if we're to believe the rumoured numbers, Arsenal could have paid him what we are and he may still not have been their highest paid player.

edit: also don't want to just compare wage bills because it doesn't take certain things into account but ours is third highest, a few million behind United and 50 million behind City. 25 million more than Arsenal. It also went up just 6 million from 2012 compared to 30 for City, 20 for United and 11 for Arsenal. So there's clearly been a change. We do have fucking loads of players though and presumably pay some of the wages for loanees.

son_of_foley
June 12th, 2014, 12:24 PM
Wenger boo-boys are out early this season. I hope he fucking ferguson's you lot when he does finally retire.

It's going to be a toxic environment when he actually leaves. The ill feeling just seems to grow year on year.

MichaelC
June 12th, 2014, 12:25 PM
As early as a week ago, Arsenal weren't putting in a bid for him. Can't blame him not going to the club when they didn't go in for him. Besides, he didn't seem to want to leave Barcelona in the first place, so its not like he orchestrated a move to Chelsea.

And I don't even like Fabregas.

Mik
June 12th, 2014, 12:25 PM
I hope the season he leaves they get relegated.

Romford Pele
June 12th, 2014, 12:39 PM
No he hasn't. What age are you?

You could act indignant if a move had been made for him and he turned you down for them maybe but if no offer from Arsenal was on the table what was he supposed to do?

Play somewhere else?

Romford Pele
June 12th, 2014, 12:47 PM
Also he has at numerous times said he would not play anywhere else in England - so he is a liar as well

Ringo
June 12th, 2014, 12:50 PM
Where though? As sof said, Spain, Italy and Germany probably weren't options. Not sure if Paris would have been either. Several journos suggested United were interested until van Gaal came in and said no. So Monaco or City?

son_of_foley
June 12th, 2014, 12:55 PM
Also he has at numerous times said he would not play anywhere else in England - so he is a liar as well

Nope he was young and probably naive. He must have thought he would be at barca for a long time then maybe come back to arsenal.

Now he's leaving barca probably not through his choice so things change.

He's not stabbed anyone in the back if anything arsenal have stabbed him in the back by not taking up the first option

Romford Pele
June 12th, 2014, 1:00 PM
Bayern Munich. Atletico, Dortmund, Monaco, PSG, Juventus, Inter Milan, AC Milan

The Rosk
June 12th, 2014, 1:01 PM
Fabregas owes Arsenal fans nothing. Have you not realised footballers are all mercenary cunts who have a short career and need as much money as possible before retiring 30 years before everyone else. Grow up lads.

Romford Pele
June 12th, 2014, 1:04 PM
Just to be clear, in 2011 he agitated for a move to Barca which we allowed for a pretty cheap price. Wenger has a lot to answer for here, but the fact remains that Fabregas has broken his word and that is why people are pissed off.

Imagine as a United fan Ronaldo signing for Liverpool or City and that's the kind of feeling Arsenal fans have

Ringo
June 12th, 2014, 1:11 PM
I doubt Bayern were in for him given how stocked they are in midfield. It's an obvious link with Pep there as well so I find it hard to believe he turned them down. Not sure PSG would have been either. Fined by FIFA for violating FFP and they've already spunked 50m on David Luiz. Don't know that he fits into their squad.

So he should have either taken a hefty wage cut to go play for a Dortmund/Atletico, the Milan clubs who aren't even in the Champions League just to avoid joining one of his old club's rivals or gone to Monaco and played in front about 8000 people in the French league in which case everyone would've just called him a sell out anyway. The former is a nice idea but it literally never happens and probably overestimates his connection with Arsenal anyway.

The Rosk
June 12th, 2014, 1:15 PM
Broken his word :lol:

What a child. Being a footballer is a job, not a sexual relationship.

Red Dog
June 12th, 2014, 1:22 PM
Just signed this bloke, Lars Veldwijk. 30 goals last season (in the Dutch division 2).

Oh and Matty Fryatt too. Good old Psycho.

http://www.vi.nl/files/GSM/players/600x900/171773.jpg

Romford Pele
June 12th, 2014, 1:24 PM
In the words of John Gregory "if I had a gun, I'd shoot him"

Darkoke
June 12th, 2014, 1:26 PM
Don't think Arsenal went in for him to save the embarrassment of being publicly rejected by him.

Red Dog
June 12th, 2014, 1:28 PM
I wonder what Andy makes of all this.

:lol:

Red Dog
June 12th, 2014, 1:35 PM
Just realised my Championship transfer news was in the middle of a big debate over an actual big transfer. Carry on.

turdpower
June 12th, 2014, 1:37 PM
This has literally nothing to do with anything. As I just mentioned above, if anything Modric and Bale support my point - by your logic I should expect them to come back to Spurs if they ever decide to move back to England, ahead of clubs that actually challenge for major honours.

Spot on.

connorboy
June 12th, 2014, 1:51 PM
I'm gutted Fab has gone there but you can't hate him for it. He wasn't wanted at Barca and Chelsea were the only team that put a bid in. He can't just sit there and rot in the reserves, complete opposite of when Van Pursestrings went.

If AW signs Di Maria, it won't be such a bad thing after all. If he sticks with Diaby....

turdpower
June 12th, 2014, 2:03 PM
"van Pursestrings" who won more (better) trophies at United in one season than he did in his career at Arsenal.

Ringo
June 12th, 2014, 2:14 PM
He did say in his statement that he considered "all the offers" he got and commented on Arsenal not being one of them ("it wasn't to be") so sounds like he did have other options.

son_of_foley
June 12th, 2014, 2:18 PM

So no realistic options then...

Andy
June 12th, 2014, 2:33 PM
NatureBoy you're not speaking on behalf of all arsenal fans. I'm not mad at Cesc at all, I just can't believe we didn't go in for him.

BBF
June 12th, 2014, 2:37 PM
Realistically Fabregas could've gone to Arsenal, Chelsea, Bayern (showed no interest from what I've seen), United (appaz Van Gaal said no) or City I think. Arsenal weren't interested and he said he considered each option he had. Not sure what more he could've done.

NB seems to be saying he should've either signed for Arsenal, who didn't want him or stayed at Barce, who didn't want him.

Romford Pele
June 12th, 2014, 2:41 PM
I have given a list of clubs who could have signed him a couple of pages ago, he had plenty of options other than Chelsea.

Can't wait to give him a load of abuse next season.

Christopherson
June 12th, 2014, 2:41 PM
Chelsea still operate at a different financial level than most clubs, so spunking 30 mill for a player who is in his late 20's (27?) and won't have the same resale value as a younger player is probably the reason Wenger/Arsenal wasn't in on him. You would be lucky to get half of that back in a couple of years and Arsenal are generally smart when it comes to finances, plus you factor in his wages and you've been there done that with him before I think it's rather understandable why Arsenal didn't go for him again. Oh and one final thing, does Arsenal really have a need for him? Still think defence and probably someone like Costa is more important than Fab.

BBF
June 12th, 2014, 2:42 PM
I have given a list of clubs who could have signed him a couple of pages ago, he had plenty of options other than Chelsea.

Barnet, Accrington Stanley, Ispwich, Bromley.

Darkoke
June 12th, 2014, 2:44 PM

Except he could only go to a club that was interested in him which few if any of the ones you listed were.

Beefy
June 12th, 2014, 3:28 PM
I've seen a few Arsenal fans on Facebook acting like Natureboy is here. It's genuinely mental.

Romford Pele
June 12th, 2014, 3:31 PM
Think how you would feel if one of your all time favorite players signed for one of your biggest rivals who you despise.

Exactly.

Beefy
June 12th, 2014, 3:34 PM
If I knew that my Club had the option to sign him and chose not to do so then I'd be livid at them.

Beefy
June 12th, 2014, 3:36 PM
If Freddy Eastwood signs for Colchester or Leyton Orient this summer then I'll be even more annoyed at Southend for letting him go. It won't make me feel any worse towards Eastwood though. He wants to live local and I can respect that.

Fabregas wants to live in London. Arsenal turned him down.

Romford Pele
June 12th, 2014, 3:38 PM
I'm livid with the club and him. I'm still convinced he could have gone elsewhere rather than those bastards

Bennedy
June 12th, 2014, 3:41 PM
I'm livid with the club and him. I'm still convinced he could have gone elsewhere rather than those bastards

Why should he go somewhere else?

Footballers have no loyalty. Surely you know this?

son_of_foley
June 12th, 2014, 3:41 PM

Bayern - showed no interest and well stocked so it's not like he turned them down
Athletico - couldn't afford his wages or fee.
Dortmund - Signed that Armenian guy in that position won't be spending 30m on another so again showed no interest
French teams - why go to that league at this stage in his career?
Milan teams - can't afford him
Juve - no interest in him. Have pogba.

You're acting like a child. I'm sure he had some affinity with your club but that will be gone soon enough with the way your fans conduct themselves

son_of_foley
June 12th, 2014, 3:43 PM
If Freddy Eastwood signs for Colchester or Leyton Orient this summer then I'll be even more annoyed at Southend for letting him go. It won't make me feel any worse towards Eastwood though. He wants to live local and I can respect that.

Fabregas wants to live in London. Arsenal turned him down.
This. Of course part of you would be gutted that he's there etc but you understand his career comes first ESPECIALLY if it wasn't his choice to not play for your team

Ringo
June 12th, 2014, 3:43 PM
If he wanted to live in London so bad he could've at least shown SOME respect and gone to West Ham or QPR.

Romford Pele
June 12th, 2014, 3:45 PM
Why should he go somewhere else?

Footballers have no loyalty. Surely you know this?

I accept that, but he has gone on about his loyalty and how much he loves the club, but it's all bollocks, that is what grates.

Bennedy
June 12th, 2014, 3:45 PM
If he wanted to live in London so bad he could've at least shown SOME respect and gone to West Ham or QPR.

Or maybe challenge himself and play in a tricky league like the Championship. I am sure Fulham would love him as a replacement for Sidwell.

Mik
June 12th, 2014, 3:48 PM
Think how you would feel if one of your all time favorite players signed for one of your biggest rivals who you despise.

Exactly.

Ginger Jack Colback who Sunderland have nurtured since he was 8 through our youth teams and brought through to premier league football has just left us for our only bitter rivals and we have received absolutely no recompense for him whatsoever. This is not via another club and a few years, this is directly from us, on a free, to Newcastle. Am I whining like a spoilt child about this?

Darkoke
June 12th, 2014, 3:50 PM
I accept that, but he has gone on about his loyalty and how much he loves the club, but it's all bollocks, that is what grates.

Robbie Keane was a boyhood fan of every club he signed for...

Mik
June 12th, 2014, 4:05 PM
As lang as oi can remember oi was alwoys a big fan of that there la galaxy.

StevieV
June 12th, 2014, 4:43 PM
They play for whoever values their loyalty the most.

MMH
June 12th, 2014, 4:46 PM
Are Arsenal and Chelsea big rivals or something? I wasnt aware of this other then the same city thing which would make half the league big rivals. Its not like Fabregas has gone to Spurs.

Bennedy
June 12th, 2014, 4:51 PM
Are Arsenal and Chelsea big rivals or something? I wasnt aware of this other then the same city thing which would make half the league big rivals. Its not like Fabregas has gone to Spurs.

Well for me personally they would be our third biggest rival behind Spurs and Liverpool. But yeah, there are so many London derbies that there isn't really a true sense of rivalry between a lot of teams.

Andy
June 12th, 2014, 4:53 PM
Probably our third too after Man United and Spurs.

Mik
June 12th, 2014, 4:54 PM
I bet arsenal fans would consider man utd bigger rivals than Chelsea. How dare he go to your third biggest rivals?! I wouldn't even know who our third biggest rivals are.

MMH
June 12th, 2014, 4:58 PM
Third biggest rivals? Thats like me being angry if Arteta moved to Aston Villa or something.

Chris Scott
June 12th, 2014, 5:08 PM
I always thought Arsenal/Chelsea was a big rivalry, especially the last 10 years or so.

Surprised he ended up at Chelsea, great business by them with selling Luiz and getting in 2 quality players.

The Rosk
June 12th, 2014, 5:41 PM
Hey lads Luke Young has signed for WBA. I'm gonna put a shit on his fucking doorstep that cunt.

Lagom
June 12th, 2014, 7:18 PM
Nature Boy has had a KMH level meltdown here, absolutely embarrassing.

Literally none of the teams you mentioned made any sort of approach for Fabregas, how was he supposed to sign for any of them over the backstabbing move that is moving to your more ambitious, higher paying third biggest rivals in England?

Comparing it to Ronaldo moving to Liverpool would only be relevant if it had been made clear that Ronaldo was not considered a first choice at Madrid, and told he could leave, and Liverpool were the only team who came in for him, despite United having the option to match any acceptable bid made for his services. In that case, I can see United fans being disappointed, and pissed of at their own manager/board, but hardly painting Ronaldo as a backstabbing, lying mercenary.

Lagom
June 12th, 2014, 7:19 PM
Hey lads Luke Young has signed for WBA. I'm gonna put a shit on his fucking doorstep that cunt.

Calm down Rosk, at least he hasn't gone to Sutton Coldfield Town!

turdpower
June 13th, 2014, 3:02 AM
http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/12/arsenal-fans-burn-cesc-fabregas-shirts-following-move-to-chelsea-4759676/

MikeHunt
June 13th, 2014, 3:11 AM
morons.

Gary J
June 13th, 2014, 3:24 AM
I'm so glad it didn't work out for Fabregas at Barcelona. I never wanted him to get the move in the first move because he loved Barca so much why leave in the first place it's not like Barcelona never give their young players a chance.

Also don't get why Arsenal fans are so upset anyway I mean Arsenal with Fabregas won nothing (was he there for the fa cup win over Man Utd?) Barcelona's trophy haul dropped once he went there. If this Arsenal-Chelsea rivalry is so fierce surely they'll be happy to see him helping Chelsea win fuck all.

Romford Pele
June 13th, 2014, 3:44 AM
Nature Boy has had a KMH level meltdown here, absolutely embarrassing.

Literally none of the teams you mentioned made any sort of approach for Fabregas, how was he supposed to sign for any of them over the backstabbing move that is moving to your more ambitious, higher paying third biggest rivals in England?

Comparing it to Ronaldo moving to Liverpool would only be relevant if it had been made clear that Ronaldo was not considered a first choice at Madrid, and told he could leave, and Liverpool were the only team who came in for him, despite United having the option to match any acceptable bid made for his services. In that case, I can see United fans being disappointed, and pissed of at their own manager/board, but hardly painting Ronaldo as a backstabbing, lying mercenary.

Not at all, I have no idea who you support but let's see if one of the best players in your history went to a rival you HATED see how you would feel.

Until then, shut the fuck up bellend.

Romford Pele
June 13th, 2014, 3:44 AM
Oh and also, everyone saying X and Y were not interested, how do you know? Not everything is reported.

son_of_foley
June 13th, 2014, 3:52 AM
Oh and also, everyone saying X and Y were not interested, how do you know? Not everything is reported.

The point being neither of us know so claiming he should have gone to X or Y is equally as weird. I also listed a lot of footballing reasons for not going to those clubs.

son_of_foley
June 13th, 2014, 3:53 AM
Not at all, I have no idea who you support but let's see if one of the best players in your history went to a rival you HATED see how you would feel.

so if Reina goes to Arsenal he should be annoyed? He's a liverpool fan and Celtic I think.

MikeHunt
June 13th, 2014, 3:53 AM

how do you know?

some lad tell you down the pub again.

Romford Pele
June 13th, 2014, 3:56 AM
so if Reina goes to Arsenal he should be annoyed? He's a liverpool fan and Celtic I think.

Not the same city is it

MikeHunt
June 13th, 2014, 3:57 AM

http://www.arsenal.com/history/gunners-greatest-50-players

where is he on that list?

i see ashley cole though. i assume he's the biggest bastard.

sols on that list too, fuck spurs fans must be spitting blood.

edit: i missed anelka as well! arrrrrrrrrrgh WHAT A FUUUUUCKKKKKINGGGGGGGG CUUUUUUUUNNNNNNT!!!!!!

Romford Pele
June 13th, 2014, 3:57 AM
how do you know?

some lad tell you down the pub again.

All I'm saying is everyone seems so sure that Chelsea were the only team in for him, and that just sounds like bullshit.

MikeHunt
June 13th, 2014, 4:02 AM
All I'm saying is everyone seems so sure that Chelsea were the only team in for him, and that just sounds like bullshit.

as is saying he was linked with a number of clubs.

Romford Pele
June 13th, 2014, 4:18 AM
You honestly think that Chelsea were the ONLY club in the world who came in for him?

MikeHunt
June 13th, 2014, 4:20 AM
i honestly don't know.

why do you really give a fuck, he's not even one of your 50 best players.

Romford Pele
June 13th, 2014, 4:28 AM
Because I fucking hate Chelsea, and the thought of him playing with the sub-human being that is John Terry and being managed by the specialist is dickheadery Moaninho makes me sick.

MikeHunt
June 13th, 2014, 4:33 AM
ha!

whats actually wrong with you?

Gary J
June 13th, 2014, 4:38 AM
Just looked at that 50 greatest Arsenal players list Freddie Ljungberg at 11th , Kanu at 13th , Wiltord at 33rd no wonder Fabregas went off to Chelsea if Arsenal rate those players above him.

Romford Pele
June 13th, 2014, 4:38 AM
I hate Chelsea.

MikeHunt
June 13th, 2014, 4:45 AM
for what reason? bitter that you aren't as successful as them anymore?

Romford Pele
June 13th, 2014, 5:06 AM
Horrible manager, full of odious players, horrible fans & an owner who has murdered and bribed his way into a fortune.

Represent everything wrong in football.

Ringo
June 13th, 2014, 5:34 AM
:) :heart:

MikeHunt
June 13th, 2014, 5:37 AM
Sorry to break this to you but all footballers and people involved in football are cunts. You don't get as rich as abramovic or kroenke without stamping on people on the way up.

i hate arsenal cause they wear red

RFF Champ
June 13th, 2014, 5:51 AM
Part of the pre-requisite of owning a Premier League club is that you have to be a crook.

Lagom
June 13th, 2014, 6:22 AM

You've had a right chomp here NB, getting very hostile without actually addressing the points I made at all. We can all call each other names, but where's the fun in that?

SoF is right, I'm a Liverpool fan, and I know the feeling of one of our best (and one of my favourite) players at the time swanning off to Chelsea, who at the time were a massive rival for us. He didn't even leave us to go back to his boyhood club and get pushed into obscurity while he was there before he did it either. He heard about the interest, decided he wanted to go, despite being a huge Liverpool fan, and being tattooed with YNWA on him, and asked for the move. Was I disappointed at him? For sure, I thought he and Suarez could have been an excellent partnership for us, but did I hate him and paint him as a backstabber? Not at all, he made the move he thought was right, and he was spot on, a Champions League winners medal is all the proof he needs.

You need to chill yourself out, think about it rationally for a while, and realise that Fabregas owes you, nor Arsenal a single thing.

Beefy
June 13th, 2014, 6:56 AM
As soon as Arsenal took the decision not to try to re-sign Fabregas they, and their fans, lost any right to throw a strop about where the lad decided to move to.

Lagom
June 13th, 2014, 7:06 AM
I can't wait for the fury to erupt when NB spots Ramsey having a laugh and a joke with Fabregas in the first meeting of the two teams next season.

McBain
June 13th, 2014, 7:09 AM
As soon as Arsenal took the decision not to try to re-sign Fabregas they, and their fans, lost any right to throw a strop about where the lad decided to move to.

This.

Plus Mourinho is a legend. I get the hate for Terry and Cole and one or two others but not the chosen one himself.

Andy
June 13th, 2014, 7:38 AM

Bingo. Any disappointment should be directed at Wenger, not Cesc.

Simon
June 13th, 2014, 7:53 AM
Imagine being such knobs that you make Chelsea seem sympathetic. Fucking hell.

son_of_foley
June 13th, 2014, 8:26 AM
Not the same city is it

Ok replace with Everton. He still wouldnt be annoyed because Reina has been told he's not wanted by Liverpool so they understand it's not a slight on Liverpool if he did move

The Rosk
June 13th, 2014, 8:37 AM
How do you know Wenger hasn't been told he can't buy him? How do you know?

Lagom
June 13th, 2014, 8:39 AM
Not everything is reported guys!

thegoat
June 13th, 2014, 8:40 AM
Bingo. Any disappointment should be directed at Wenger, not Cesc.

I dont understand why not spending 30 million on a midfielder when you clearly need defensive and attacking reinforcements instead is a poor decision. If you buy one 30 million pound player, and its unlikely you will sign two, then it should be a striker. I know Wenger has form for not signing anyone but is it not worth considering the possibility no approach was made because he has other more important targets in mind and Fabregas was available at the wrong time before having a huge fucking cry?

Bennedy
June 13th, 2014, 8:55 AM
I am very worried that NB cares so much who a football player plays for. Life goes on mate.

Andy
June 13th, 2014, 9:07 AM
Arsenal have money now, a lot of it. We're probably in a position where we can spend more than anyone. A world class player is available for a bargain price and we had first refusal. It just seemed like an absolute no brainer.

And yeah, we need a striker and a right back. But that just shows how far behind we are the likes of Chelsea and City when it comes to squad depth. Chelsea don't 'need' Cesc any more than we do. Arteta is 32, Flamini is 30, Wishere and Ramsey have injury problems. Signing Fabregas now would've given us depth that City and Chelsea already have and come next season we're going to need to sign someone in that position as a priority. Optimistic people seem to think this means Wenger has a lot of signings lined up but I don't buy it. He's said big business never happens before a world cup but Fabregas, Costa, Luiz, Rakitic and probably others I'm forgetting have already procured big moves.

Bad Collin
June 13th, 2014, 9:11 AM
Brave decision from Wenger, if Arsenal have a poor season and Chelsea do well he is going to hear about nothing else all season.

Ringo
June 13th, 2014, 9:20 AM
Sagna's officially joined Man City as well.

Andy
June 13th, 2014, 9:23 AM
Yeah that's an odd one. Gone to spend the last couple of years of his peak as back up RB and CB presumably. Can't blame him if he's getting massive wages at his age I suppose.

Romford Pele
June 13th, 2014, 9:41 AM
What a terrible 24 hours to be an Arsenal fan.

Bennedy
June 13th, 2014, 10:16 AM
What a terrible 24 hours to be an Arsenal fan.

David Bentley has retired as well. Surprised that Wenger didn't try and get him back. Another missed opportunity.

Romford Pele
June 13th, 2014, 10:21 AM
I didn't realise he had been without a club for a year. He must have either been shite or wanted too much money for anyone to take a punt on him.

Red Dog
June 13th, 2014, 11:18 AM
Chelsea are more likely to win things than Arsenal.

Also, going back is a bit of a backwards career step. He has already just done that with Barca, and it didn't work out amazingly.

I wouldn't go back to many of my old workplaces. Should always move on.

He is overrated anyway.

son_of_foley
June 16th, 2014, 4:16 AM
Vermalen to United?

Hlebsfall
June 16th, 2014, 7:32 AM
I'm pretty certain that Wenger has a fetish where he can only get hard off the anguish of Arsenal fans.

RFF Champ
June 16th, 2014, 8:44 AM
I'm pretty sure Arsenal fans have a fetish where they can only get hard by getting angsty at Arsene Wenger.

turdpower
June 16th, 2014, 12:19 PM
http://metro.co.uk/2014/06/16/arsenal-fan-gets-tattoo-removed-in-protest-of-cesc-fabregas-transfer-to-chelsea-4763366/

Keep your tattoo, Andy.

Romford Pele
June 17th, 2014, 7:29 AM
What kind of 50+ year old man has an Arsenal duvet ffs, what a loser.

Bluemoon
June 21st, 2014, 3:28 AM
Lescott to West Brom then think he'll be a good player for them.

McBain
June 21st, 2014, 3:40 AM
Ex-Wolves. :eek:

Bluemoon
June 21st, 2014, 11:19 AM
He's played for 2 clubs since, I don't think they'll give him a hard time.

Simon
June 24th, 2014, 5:07 AM
Shocked to hear that Redknapp has signed Ferdinand for QPR. I will also be shocked when he signs Lampard.

Romford Pele
June 24th, 2014, 5:17 AM
John O'Shea to Spurs?

Andy
June 24th, 2014, 6:07 AM
Good to see QPR have learnt their lesson about signing old players on huge money.

Romford Pele
June 24th, 2014, 6:13 AM
Im sure Harry will blame Mark Hughes again when they go down next season :lol: Most overrated manager ever.

Andy - I see we are still being linked with Aurier for Ivory Coast, what do you think of him? Looks good going forward thats for sure.

Sanchez of Barca/Chile also linked, would love him at Arsenal but realistically I think he will go to a bigger team than us.

Andy
June 24th, 2014, 6:19 AM
I'd never seen him before the World Cup. Yeah he does look good going forward, productive runs and looks like he has a wicked cross on him. Hard to tell what he's like defensively. I think we're going to miss Sagna's size and physicality, it was definitely a boost to have three big men in the defence as opposed to the two that we've had for so many years.

I'd like us to give QPR 10m and try to get Cesar and Remy. They would be two decent signings who would be available reasonably cheap I would think. Then focus on a top quality right back and centre forward, a centre back and midfielder fairly important too. Sanchez would be a fantastic signing but I can't see it.

Romford Pele
June 24th, 2014, 6:24 AM
Cesar and Remy would be solid signings for sure. I can imagine that being an August 31st deal.

Yeah Sagna is a loss even at 31, another centre half is vital as we got away with only having 3 last season - Miguel has always been highly rated though so Wenger might use him. Guess a lot depends on if Tommy V leaves or not.

A defensive midfielder would be great, but no idea who that would be. If we had Giroud, Campbell & Remy do you think we would get another striker?

Simon
June 24th, 2014, 6:26 AM
Why are Arsenal fans desperate for a new keeper, I thought you were all bumlicking Chesney last year? I didn't think he was as good as you were all making out, but surprised you would want a replacement. Surely getting in someone on relatively low wages is the key with a backup keeper, not Brazil's number one. Unless you're talking about binning Ches.

Andy
June 24th, 2014, 6:28 AM
Szcz is class but he is the only keeper on our books now, apart from the youth ones obviously. Cesar has been back up for ages, worth a shot to see if he wants to carry on that way.

Romford Pele
June 24th, 2014, 6:29 AM
Well beyond Sz we have the square root of FA now. Fabianski left on a bosman and Vivianos loan finished.

Not sure whether Cesar would accept being number two but we do need probably two back up keepers.

Andy
June 24th, 2014, 6:30 AM
Also Fabianski going to Swansea seems a very odd move when they have a class keeper in Vorm and a very decent back up in Tremmel. You'd think if they knew Vorm was off he'd be away by now and Fabianski won't want to be a back up at Swansea. Strange.

Ringo
June 24th, 2014, 6:31 AM
Is that Damian Martinez chap not still very highly rated? He's 21 now.

RFF Champ
June 24th, 2014, 6:31 AM
I'd never seen him before the World Cup. Yeah he does look good going forward, productive runs and looks like he has a wicked cross on him. Hard to tell what he's like defensively. I think we're going to miss Sagna's size and physicality, it was definitely a boost to have three big men in the defence as opposed to the two that we've had for so many years.

I'd like us to give QPR 10m and try to get Cesar and Remy. They would be two decent signings who would be available reasonably cheap I would think. Then focus on a top quality right back and centre forward, a centre back and midfielder fairly important too. Sanchez would be a fantastic signing but I can't see it.

Remy is a top quality centre forward.

Romford Pele
June 24th, 2014, 6:34 AM
Is that Damian Martinez chap not still very highly rated? He's 21 now.

Yeah he considered good but might be better if he went out on loan I reckon at this stage - we need some experience.

Romford Pele
June 24th, 2014, 6:34 AM
Remy is a top quality centre forward.

I'm not sure about that - he is good, but if he was so good how come he isn't in the France squad?

Simon
June 24th, 2014, 6:35 AM
Interesting that Ashley Cole is still without a club. Given that he didn't go to the World Cup I'm surprised he hasn't found a new club yet. I would love him at Spurs, suspect he might go to Liverpool though.

Ringo
June 24th, 2014, 6:36 AM
He is in the France squad. Hasn't featured yet but some expected him to start.

RFF Champ
June 24th, 2014, 6:38 AM
He scored 14 in 26 this season, he scored 6 in 14 for a team that went down last season. Of course he's in the France squad.

MikeHunt
June 24th, 2014, 6:38 AM
I'm not sure about that - he is good, but if he was so good how come he isn't in the France squad?

Yes he is

Romford Pele
June 24th, 2014, 6:44 AM
Oops my bad. I stand corrected.

Romford Pele
June 24th, 2014, 6:45 AM
Interesting that Ashley Cole is still without a club. Given that he didn't go to the World Cup I'm surprised he hasn't found a new club yet. I would love him at Spurs, suspect he might go to Liverpool though.

I thought he might go to Italy or Spain

Grimario
June 24th, 2014, 11:31 AM
Fulham have just signed this bloke. :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7fCI2yKvpA

He also did the square root of fuck all in the first half against Spain yesterday.

Simon
June 24th, 2014, 11:34 AM
Seems like United have met the release fee for Ander Herrera.

Romford Pele
June 25th, 2014, 10:04 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27957557

Record deal for Hull 8m for Livermore.

Whats the reaction from Simon/Gary J? Good deal for both?

Simon
June 25th, 2014, 10:39 AM
Maybe a little overpriced from Hull's point of view but I think it's a deal that works well for both clubs - he had a good year with them and is a decent all-round player, better technically than I gave him credit for and a great player to have alongside Huddlestone, they are a natural fit together. From our point of view it's a good price for someone that (arguably wrongly) won't get much football for us next year, as we have about fifteen thousand billion more high-profile central midfielders that won't be going anywhere.

Come to think of it, Hull have got a decent nucleus of English players now with those two and Davies. Would be good to see a couple of them get a few England caps next year if they do well, doubtful though - Livermore got a cap when he wasn't even a regular with us, yet gets nowhere near the squad now he's actually playing every week at the same level with a smaller club. Same with Huddlestone actually, he got five or six caps with us despite never being a regular.

Lagom
June 25th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Can we have Sigurdsson now please Simon?

Simon
June 25th, 2014, 10:54 AM
If we could get what we paid for him I'd be happy enough to see him go. Doubt he will fit Pochettino's ethos either, he works hard enough but doesn't have that ability to run all day like Poch wants from his attacking mids. Don't think he would fit into Liverpool's setup either mind you.

Romford Pele
June 25th, 2014, 10:58 AM
Who do you think will be shipped out Simon?

Gary J
June 25th, 2014, 4:24 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27957557

Record deal for Hull 8m for Livermore.

Whats the reaction from Simon/Gary J? Good deal for both?

I'm very happy with this news he was a bit underrated last season as Huddlestone got all the plaudits. I think Livermore's presence helped Huddlestone settle and perform as well as he did as they made quiet a decent partnership as Simon said they fit naturally. I don't think he's overpriced really he's young and English and that's about the price they go for. I wouldn't be surprised if he did called up for England next season at some point now Gerrard and Lampard will more then likely be gone.

I'm not too enthused by the rumours of Michael Dawson though but then I felt the same about Curtis Davies last season and that worked out well so who knows. Hope we manage to get Lee Chung Yong and Snodgrass. Ryan Bertrand is supposedly the next English youngster we are adding can't say he impressed me too much at Villa last season but he's an improvement on Figueroa who was a disaster towards the end of the season.

Bad Collin
June 25th, 2014, 6:04 PM
No way we're getting Shaqiri then, that would have put 10 million on his valuation.

Gary J
June 25th, 2014, 6:09 PM
He's off to Juventus isn't he? Almost sure it was announced they'd agreed a fee for him.

Bad Collin
June 25th, 2014, 6:15 PM
Hadn't seen that.

The Rosk
June 25th, 2014, 7:24 PM
I'm very happy with this news he was a bit underrated last season as Huddlestone got all the plaudits. I think Livermore's presence helped Huddlestone settle and perform as well as he did as they made quiet a decent partnership as Simon said they fit naturally. I don't think he's overpriced really he's young and English and that's about the price they go for. I wouldn't be surprised if he did called up for England next season at some point now Gerrard and Lampard will more then likely be gone.

I'm not too enthused by the rumours of Michael Dawson though but then I felt the same about Curtis Davies last season and that worked out well so who knows. Hope we manage to get Lee Chung Yong and Snodgrass. Ryan Bertrand is supposedly the next English youngster we are adding can't say he impressed me too much at Villa last season but he's an improvement on Figueroa who was a disaster towards the end of the season.

Bertrand was good. He's just next to retards. Also who's he had in front of him? Bowery, Agbonlahor? Stupid crap.

Simon
June 26th, 2014, 4:58 AM
Who do you think will be shipped out Simon?

Difficult to say. I don't think Friedel, Dawson, Ekotto, Kaboul, Townsend or Sigurdsson are good enough, and there are a shit-ton of players that we could get good money for without missing them greatly (Naughton, Rose, Capoue, Soldado, Kane, Lennon, Paulinho), but this sort of mass squad reinvestment is part of what fucked us last year.

If we go into the season with the following squad I'd be happy:

Goalkeepers
Lloris, Friedel, Archer

Defenders
LEFT BACK, Rose, CENTRE BACK, Vertonghen, Chiriches, CENTRE BACK, Walker, Naughton

Midfielders
Sandro, Paulinho, Dembele, Holtby, Capoue, Chadli, Eriksen, Lennon, Lamela

Strikers
Adebayor, Soldado, Kane

...so basically that would involve selling Ekotto, Dawson, Kaboul (free), Townsend and Sigurdsson, and getting in a first choice centre back, a first choice left back and a backup centre back. This is assuming we don't sell any players we want to keep - Lloris, Vertonghen, Sandro and Adebayor have all been linked with moves, if they went then we would of course need replacements for them.

Then send some/all of Bentaleb, Pritchard, Fryers, Carroll, Winks, Onomah and Fredericks on loan.

RFF Champ
June 26th, 2014, 5:04 AM
I thought you hated Chiriches?

Simon
June 26th, 2014, 5:26 AM
There's clearly a player there. His timing in the tackle is flawless, almost always takes it cleanly and invariably retains possession too rather than just sliding it out of play. He just doesn't do the basics properly. Definitely wouldn't want to bin him off yet as he could be brilliant if he learns how to actually defend. At the moment he's like David Luiz - great for 80 minutes but liable to drop a bollock or two per game, which you just can't get away with at that level.

TraXX
June 26th, 2014, 6:50 AM
The exodus has started. Snodgrass to Hull for initial 7M. Good signing for them. :happysad:

Simon
June 26th, 2014, 6:58 AM
Who else will you be expecting to leave? Fer presumably, Bassong, Pilkington, Redmond, Hooper? You'd think Ruddy but often you see very good goalkeepers stuck in the Championship because none of the teams at their level in the Prem need a keeper. I would have thought Norwich would do alright though, plenty of players who have shown they are good at that level and possibly won't get much interest from Prem clubs - I'm thinking Johnson, Becchio, Bennett, Turner, Olsson, Whittaker etc.

Has Hoolahan gone yet? Presumably his bridges have been burned, I vaguely recall seeing that Villa had resurrected their interest?

Romford Pele
June 26th, 2014, 7:01 AM
Hull are really splashing the cash this year arent they? Whatever you think of their owner, he is certainly happy to put his hand in his pocket.

Simon - I look at your forwards there and think there is not enough goals. Adebayor we all know is hot or cold, depending on his mood, Soldado has a LOT to prove and Kane is still a youngster.

Simon
June 26th, 2014, 7:06 AM
I have a feeling looking at how Southampton played last year that Soldado might play in one of the deeper forward positions. I think he used to play on the right in Spain and in a Poch system he's more suited to that role - quick, technical, hard-working - than the big man that Pochettino likes up front. Adebayor was excellent last season when he came back, the bigger worry is that we can no longer afford him as City are no longer helping with his wages from this season, so he might go back to Monaco. Kane seems absolutely terrible to me any time I see him, but he scores goals. We're definitely light up front though.

Gary J
June 26th, 2014, 9:44 AM
Hull are really splashing the cash this year arent they? Whatever you think of their owner, he is certainly happy to put his hand in his pocket.

Simon - I look at your forwards there and think there is not enough goals. Adebayor we all know is hot or cold, depending on his mood, Soldado has a LOT to prove and Kane is still a youngster.

Our Owner is a bit mental he needs to just think before he says some of the things he says. I think if he'd explained properly why changing the name would help boost our image instead of just being stubborn about it and then throwing a childish tantrum over it he might have got his way. Can't fault him on anything else really and I'm quiet happy with the signing of Snodgrass.

Winston Reid next apparently would prefer that to Dawson.

Simon
June 26th, 2014, 9:45 AM
Reid is quality, much better than Dawson.

Peter Griffin
June 26th, 2014, 9:51 AM
Has Souleymane Coulibaly slipped into obscurity? He was meant to be a prospect when he signed. Guess he is still young though.

RFF Champ
June 26th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Why would Fat Sam let Reid go to Hull?

Simon
June 26th, 2014, 10:18 AM
Has Souleymane Coulibaly slipped into obscurity? He was meant to be a prospect when he signed. Guess he is still young though.

He's still in the youth team and made the bench a couple of times under Sherwood IIRC (there were only a couple that didn't, I actually travelled out to Dinamo Moscow with the squad myself but didn't make the final 18), there doesn't seem to be the same hype around him that there used to be though.

Beefy
June 26th, 2014, 10:22 AM
Is Winston Reid that good? I avoid all West Ham matches.

Simon
June 26th, 2014, 10:26 AM
Whenever I've seen him he's been superb (bear in mind I mainly see West Ham play us, when they all turn into world beaters cos they're a bunch of cunts), think he won their player of the season too. He's their captain now also, he's only 25 or so...very good player IMO.

MMH
June 26th, 2014, 10:37 AM
36M for Ander Herrera? Thats madness.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 26th, 2014, 10:40 AM
36 million.

It looks like it's going to be a "hostile" transfer in terms of United meeting his release clause, so it could end up being a very expensive and protracted transfer in the way of Javi Martinez to Bayern Munich. They ended up having to pay a load of lawyers to work out the intricacies of the deal and how Spanish tax law applies to contract releases.

If Athletic want to keep a player it is a big deal trying to sign him. Llorente was ostracised for letting his contract run down so he could leave the club due to their unwillingness to negotiate a transfer for him. Iker Muniain is apparently out of contract next summer and may have to do the same.

MMH
June 26th, 2014, 10:42 AM
Ah Euros makes a bit more sense. Still seems a lot of money though for me.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 26th, 2014, 10:50 AM
He looks a good player from what I've seen of him for Athletic, which isn't a great deal. Can carry the ball, a very good and intelligent passer. Basically a Spanish midfielder. He's only 24 as well. It is a lot of money for a player who isn't a full international, doesn't have much European experience and will be coming in to the Premier League.

Simon
June 26th, 2014, 11:54 AM
Interesting quote from Van Gaal:

Ander Herrera is a singular player, and one we need to offset the imminent arrival of Mats Hummels.

So not one but two big signings, and Hummels is one they definitely need. If Moyes and Woodward had been this decisive in the market less summer United would have had a much, much better season.

_me
June 26th, 2014, 12:00 PM
Hummels would a great signing for a lot of teams. Kind of surprised he is "slumming it" at Man U. Thought he could have aimed higher. I always thought he would end up at Bayern with the rest of the Dortmund team.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 26th, 2014, 12:24 PM
It's an interesting quote from Van Gaal if it's real. Where has it come from?

It sounds very made up.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 26th, 2014, 12:29 PM
Athletic have said Herrera has met his release clause.

Ringo
June 26th, 2014, 5:17 PM
Sky Sports saying United have had a 30m bid for Luke Shaw accepted...

El Capitano Gatisto
June 26th, 2014, 5:24 PM
BBC and The Guardian reporting a medical has been scheduled. Man U going all in.

MMH
June 26th, 2014, 5:28 PM
Coleman has signed a new five year contract. Get in there.

Bluemoon
June 26th, 2014, 5:56 PM
Sorry pal but in about 3 years when Zabs and Sagna are finished, he's ours. Think about it as a 3 year loan.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 27th, 2014, 9:58 AM
Sky Sports saying Lallana is having his medical at Liverpool. Good signing, should fit Rodgers' style extremely well but 25 million is a serious amount of dough.

Bad Collin
June 27th, 2014, 10:10 AM
Too much. I'm glad they didn't hold out for 30m though.

Ringo
June 27th, 2014, 10:25 AM
Interested to see what, if anything, Southampton do with all this cash. That's already around 60m for Lambert/Lallana/Shaw and it sounds like Lovren is going too. They'll probably take whatever they can get for Osvaldo too.

Romford Pele
June 27th, 2014, 10:26 AM
Southampton must be laughing their heads off - 25m for Lallana and 30m for Shaw. No wonder teams buy abroad, silly money.

Simon
June 27th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Southampton must be laughing their heads off - 25m for Lallana and 30m for Shaw. No wonder teams buy abroad, silly money.

Possibly right with Lallana but I honestly think Shaw is one of those once-in-a-generation buys - he's already a good Prem full back at 18, even if he never improves (and there's no reason he shouldn't) United could get 10-15 years out of him as a first-team regular, in which case 27m doesn't seem so unreasonable.

Ringo
June 27th, 2014, 10:44 AM
Also wonder how many more players United will sign. A centre back (Hummels or Indi) almost certainly. A lot of chat about William Carvalho from Sporting too. Not sure whether players for other positions have been rumoured? That's already almost 125m on four players (Mata, Fellaini, Herrera, Shaw) without really selling anyone.

Let's say they sign Hummels to (I'd be devastated if they do :( ) - does everyone think they'll be title challengers once again now?

El Capitano Gatisto
June 27th, 2014, 10:47 AM
The reason Southampton got so much money is because they didn't want to sell those players. I doubt they're that happy about it, they'd probably have preferred to keep them after last season's performances.

RFF Champ
June 27th, 2014, 10:53 AM
Mick Mccarthy had a 500k bid rejected for Lallana a few years back.

Simon
June 27th, 2014, 11:02 AM
The reason Southampton got so much money is because they didn't want to sell those players. I doubt they're that happy about it, they'd probably have preferred to keep them after last season's performances.
I've mentioned this before but supposedly Southampton are incredibly hot on a young kid in their academy called Matt Targett who they consider to be just as talented as Shaw, albeit a year younger and a couple of years back developmentally because he had Shaw in front of him blocking his way to first-team action. If he turns out to be as good as people are saying (never seen him myself so fuck knows, but the right people seem to rate him) then they'll presumably be happy enough to have got such a big fee for Shaw.

Simon
July 1st, 2014, 6:07 AM
Lallana's gone now, official. Hope Southampton reinvest all this bunce.

RFF Champ
July 1st, 2014, 6:20 AM
Liverpool to go 3-5-2 more next season? Lallana and Henderson pressing with Gerrard sat deeper, Not sure where Coutinho and Sterling would fit into that though.

Rip
July 1st, 2014, 6:53 AM

We were quoted 14m for 'a young unproven English player, not in their starting XI' from a top four club (rumor goes it was Zaha)

This is one of the reasons the national side is fucked, that and we have no-one playing abroad anymore.

Bad Collin
July 1st, 2014, 7:18 AM
Liverpool to go 3-5-2 more next season? Lallana and Henderson pressing with Gerrard sat deeper, Not sure where Coutinho and Sterling would fit into that though.

I think 4231 is more likely:

Mignolet

Johnson Sahko CB LB

Gerrard Can

Lallana Henderson Coutinho

Sturridge

Could easily switch that to a 4-3-3 with Sterling coming on. We badly need a left back and a cultured centre back as well as another striker. Luckily we should have 80m in the bank soon enough.

Beefy
July 1st, 2014, 8:06 AM
We were quoted 14m for 'a young unproven English player, not in their starting XI' from a top four club (rumor goes it was Zaha)

This is one of the reasons the national side is fucked, that and we have no-one playing abroad anymore.

The stuff about English players going for too much money is bollocks. The likes of Lallana & Shaw go for this money not because they are English but because they play for a club who play in the wealthiest league in the World and have no need to sell.

Also, England have never had a significant number of players playing abroad.

RFF Champ
July 1st, 2014, 8:27 AM
We've seen two left backs with similar qualities and experience transfer this summer. The Welsh one cost 8mil and the English one cost 30mil.

An English Championship midfielder is touted at 14mil. Dwight Gayle cost 8mil, Nakhi Wells of same ilk plays for Bermuda cost 1.5mil.

Peter Griffin
July 1st, 2014, 8:50 AM
Appaz QPR in for Bryson now as well as Burnley , just FUCK OFF. :cry:

Beefy
July 1st, 2014, 9:01 AM
We've seen two left backs with similar qualities and experience transfer this summer. The Welsh one cost 8mil and the English one cost 30mil.

An English Championship midfielder is touted at 14mil. Dwight Gayle cost 8mil, Nakhi Wells of same ilk plays for Bermuda cost 1.5mil.

Nah.

Nahki Wells is shit. That's why he cost 1.5m. And he played for a skint club who needed the money.

Torn
July 1st, 2014, 9:05 AM
The stuff about English players going for too much money is bollocks. The likes of Lallana & Shaw go for this money not because they are English but because they play for a club who play in the wealthiest league in the World and have no need to sell.

Yeah I agree with this. I see no one who has been saying things like "that's why teams buy abroad" bringing up the Ander Herrera fee, a transfer that happened at the same time as Shaw.

6m of the Lallana fee had to go to Bournemouth too.

Simon
July 1st, 2014, 9:25 AM
It's not that clear cut, there are plenty of examples of English players going for big prices that they don't seem to justify compared to foreign equivalents. Jake Livermore is a decent but limited player, who was playing for a team that didn't want him. He cost somewhere between 6m and 8m - players of a similar style and quality from abroad wouldn't cost anywhere near that amount.

However I think it is more complicated, and more logical, than just saying English players are overvalued - the overvaluation comes from the fact that, having experience of the English game, there is a lower risk attached. The overvaluation applies to any player transferring between teams inside the Premier League, not just English players. The problem with this discussion is we don't have any direct comparisons to make with other leagues, because other than a tiny number of top stars, English players just don't go abroad as Beefy said - I'm sure if lower-level English PL players moved to Spain and Italy, they would command smaller fees than if they moved within England, because of the risks associated with players moving abroad.

Also worth considering that, though it's a relatively minor issue and probably doesn't bump up prices hugely, there is now a legitimate reason for young English players (or those brought through the English system) to cost more, because of the rules about homegrown players in the Premier League and British-based players in European competition. This is something that might end up fucking us up the arse soon, as we are gradually binning off all our homegrown players (Caulker, Bale, Huddlestone, Livermore and Defoe - not sure if he counted as homegrown - in the last year) and once selling clubs realise we are obliged to start signing some talented young English players the prices will go up. This might be part of the reason why Ben Davies is costing a fair bit for someone who hasn't got a huge amount of experience and wasn't especially hyped up as being a potential star.

Beefy
July 1st, 2014, 11:26 AM
It's not that clear cut, there are plenty of examples of English players going for big prices that they don't seem to justify compared to foreign equivalents. Jake Livermore is a decent but limited player, who was playing for a team that didn't want him. He cost somewhere between 6m and 8m - players of a similar style and quality from abroad wouldn't cost anywhere near that amount.

The point wasn't that English players cost more than the equivilent overseas. Of course they do. The question is whether an English player costs more than the equivilent England-based player? Would Spurs have got less for Jake Livermore if he was German? I don't think so.

Simon
July 1st, 2014, 11:29 AM
Well then yeah I agree on that as I said in the last post. The tendency is towards English-based players for obvious reasons.

RFF Champ
July 1st, 2014, 12:02 PM
The point wasn't that English players cost more than the equivilent overseas. Of course they do. The question is whether an English player costs more than the equivilent England-based player? Would Spurs have got less for Jake Livermore if he was German? I don't think so.

Jake Livermore 8mil is mad. Look at equivalent or better players last summer that aren't English. Nzonzi 3mil, Bannan 2mil, Sessegnon 6mil.

Simon
July 1st, 2014, 12:04 PM
Jake Livermore 8mil is mad. Look at equivalent or better players last summer that aren't English. Nzonzi 3mil, Bannan 2mil, Sessegnon 6mil.

Bannan is not better than Livermore. N'Zonzi was in a lower league. Sessegnon is not a comparable player :dunno:

Simon
July 1st, 2014, 12:11 PM
Chelsea have confirmed a deal for Diego Costa :zzz:

Beefy
July 1st, 2014, 12:44 PM
Those aren't like-for-like comparisons from Alex.

Also I'd bet that Sessegnon's overall cost will be higher than Livermore's.

RFF Champ
July 1st, 2014, 1:20 PM
So what reason have you got for an athletic, tidy, inexperienced midfielder surplus to requirements costing 8mil? It's staring you in the face. El Ahmadi, Tettey, Yacob, Dikagcoi all cost you half the price.

Red Dog
July 1st, 2014, 1:56 PM

How many clubs turn a profit? Would Southampton, if they hadn't just sold their crown jewels? Of course they have a need to sell, smaller clubs sell to bigger clubs.

Beefy
July 1st, 2014, 1:57 PM
So what reason have you got for an athletic, tidy, inexperienced midfielder surplus to requirements costing 8mil? It's staring you in the face. El Ahmadi, Tettey, Yacob, Dikagcoi all cost you half the price.

Only one of those came from an English club and he hadn't a minute's worth of Premier League experience.

Either way, 8m is peanuts nowadays.

Beefy
July 1st, 2014, 1:58 PM
How many clubs turn a profit? Would Southampton, if they hadn't just sold their crown jewels? Of course they have a need to sell, smaller clubs sell to bigger clubs.

Profit means nothing. Cash is king and every Premier League club is massively cash rich. Profit & loss are just numbers on a piece of paper - especially at that level.

Southampton have a huge income thanks to the new TV rights. They have no financial pressure to sell anyone.

Bad Collin
July 1st, 2014, 2:02 PM
They need to sell because the players wanted out. Disgruntled players play worse and let their contracts run down.

Red Dog
July 1st, 2014, 2:03 PM
Profit means nothing. Cash is king and every Premier League club is massively cash rich. Profit & loss are just numbers on a piece of paper - especially at that level.

Southampton have a huge income thanks to the new TV rights. They have no financial pressure to sell anyone.

I don't agree. I don't know the specifics at Soton but if people pump money into a club they generally at some point want some payback. Unless they are dirty rich like Chelsea/Man City etc.

Gary J
July 1st, 2014, 3:10 PM

Livermore isn't surplus to requirements for us if he is available he gets picked. The top teams always sell their surplus player for higher fees regardless of nationality.If you are after a player from a top six club you might as well as add a bit extra to their price.

I would say for last season's top 4 their surplus players that aren't English are Boyata , Guidetti , Suso , Assaidai , Aspas , Borini , Moses , Lukaku , Ake, Van Aanholt, Lucas Piazon , Atsu , Marin , Gnabry , Coquelin , Joel Campbell , Yaya Sanogo.

How many of those would go for less then 6m