PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

The Rosk
January 28th, 2014, 1:10 PM
Dunno where I got Ricky Otto from, didn't he spend some time inside Biffo? And he rinsed one of your managers' daughters?

EDIT: Seems unlikely Jeroen Boere could still do a job The Rosk.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeroen_Boere

:lol: fuck.

Simon
January 28th, 2014, 1:11 PM
Did I miss your joke there? :ashamed:

Simon
January 28th, 2014, 1:14 PM
I suppose the question we need to ask is: would the muddied, decomposing corpse of Jeroen Boere pose any less of a goal threat than Lee Barnard?

Mik
January 31st, 2014, 6:26 AM
So, does anyone know much about Ignacio Scocco or Liam Bridcutt?

Simon
January 31st, 2014, 6:32 AM
Bridcutt is class. He won't rock your world or anything but he's a very calm, classy player in possession (or at least he was in the Championship). and works his penis and testicles off.

The Rosk
January 31st, 2014, 6:33 AM
Ignacio Scocco has three "o"s in his name. That is the same amount as John Goodman and Wayne Roooney.

Bridcutt has been quality in the Championship.

Simon
January 31st, 2014, 6:54 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25951414

:lol: Next in the series, Steve Claridge's guide to long-term contracts.

Romford Pele
January 31st, 2014, 9:15 AM
He's got some front!

Alf
January 31st, 2014, 9:40 AM
Anyone seen this>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=npASETLRyRI

Hernanes in bits at saying goodbye to fans. Bless.

Hlebsfall
January 31st, 2014, 11:17 AM
Kim Kallstrom?? Fuck off, I think the only time he was any good was in Champo about 10 years ago.

Simon
January 31st, 2014, 11:19 AM
Apparently Wes Hoolahan replied to a reporter who asked if this was the last time he'd be at the Norwich training ground by saying "I hope so, this is a fucking shithole of a club" hahahaha amazing.

RFF Champ
January 31st, 2014, 11:26 AM
If Hoolahan doesn't like Norwich then Birmingham isn't the answer.

The Rosk
January 31st, 2014, 11:36 AM
Fuck off.

Chris Scott
January 31st, 2014, 12:13 PM
If Hoolahan doesn't like Norwich then Birmingham isn't the answer.

Not unless he wants to go back in time to the 70's.

The Rosk
January 31st, 2014, 12:17 PM
Yeah maybe he should go live in Liverpool and get stabbed, robbed or squashed to death by crap songs that don't rhyme.

Chris Scott
January 31st, 2014, 12:19 PM
ADULT FOOTY BANTER

Before dumb and dumber get in there.

Chris Scott
January 31st, 2014, 12:22 PM
Yeah maybe he should go live in Liverpool and get stabbed, robbed or squashed to death by crap songs that don't rhyme.

Hahaha banter lad, banter. Wipe the foam from your mouth now.

The Rosk
January 31st, 2014, 12:31 PM
There's no foam around my mouth?

Simon
January 31st, 2014, 12:32 PM
#ladbant #toplad #bant #bantz #ladsladsladsladslads

Chris Scott
January 31st, 2014, 12:39 PM
There's no foam around my mouth?

Oh sorry must be Jesus Sucks cum then.

Simon
January 31st, 2014, 12:47 PM
OI OIIIIIIIII

TraXX
January 31st, 2014, 1:11 PM
Hoolahan has made a powerful enemy today... :squint:

Ringo
January 31st, 2014, 1:56 PM
Mourinho's comments make me think even more that we'll sign that ugly thug Diego Costa in the Summer - bidding around 30m and triggering his release clause. I imagine a striker of his standing would normally be worth a fair bit more than that so it'd be a good deal in that respect. Nasty piece of work though. As bad as Suarez and not nearly as much talent.

Though even with all the potential baggage he probably is the best option out there.

Chris Scott
January 31st, 2014, 2:02 PM
Hoolahan has made a powerful enemy today... :squint:

Has he been a regular this season? Not seen as much as him like I did last season.

El Capitano Gatisto
January 31st, 2014, 2:31 PM
Mourinho's comments make me think even more that we'll sign that ugly thug Diego Costa in the Summer - bidding around 30m and triggering his release clause. I imagine a striker of his standing would normally be worth a fair bit more than that so it'd be a good deal in that respect. Nasty piece of work though. As bad as Suarez and not nearly as much talent.

Though even with all the potential baggage he probably is the best option out there.

Apparently his ownership is complicated so any deal will involve playing Atletico and whoever else has invested in him. I think Wenger alluded to this earlier in the season saying it would cost a lot more than people think. Liverpool had a fee agreed for him last summer at 22 million, after which he signed a new contract instead of going there, so he's really upped the profile with his performances this season. He does look a good striker but maybe needs a bit more time to show this just isn't a purple patch of a season, since his goalscoring wasn't too impressive before, albeit with Falcao there probably hogging all the goals.

turdpower
January 31st, 2014, 2:37 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing who Atletico get in next...

Andy
January 31st, 2014, 4:41 PM
Why does Wenger always think loans are the answer? Ornstein reckons we tried for Kalou too.

We're a point off the top, why not go for it? The funds are there. Draxler was available, albeit for a high price, but I doubt we'll get him in the summer when there's more of a scramble for him.

MMH
January 31st, 2014, 4:45 PM
Well this is a let down.

The Rosk
January 31st, 2014, 5:22 PM
All Villa have needed is a No. 10. Not even a fucking sniff.

Urggghhh.

RFF Champ
January 31st, 2014, 5:30 PM
Tonev?

Chris Scott
January 31st, 2014, 6:01 PM
Well this is a let down.

Same at us mate.

Andy
January 31st, 2014, 6:13 PM
Fulham fans cheering Senderos's departure :(

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_8mt1t7hmtw/UZVTz7Q_QuI/AAAAAAAAL1g/kMEEBiDebcg/s1600/Philippe-Senderos.gif

Simon
January 31st, 2014, 6:35 PM
January 2014, the year of the weird window. Kallstrom, Senderos, Taarabt, wtf.

Prototype16
January 31st, 2014, 6:48 PM
Funny, but a bit harsh on Senderos - still don't think he's that bad

13 minutes to sign a player - come on Stoke!

Chris Scott
January 31st, 2014, 6:50 PM
How many strikers do QPR want for fucks sake.

Simon
January 31st, 2014, 7:29 PM
State of this cunt West Brom have signed.

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/72688000/jpg/_72688497_180201262.jpg

Ringo
January 31st, 2014, 7:33 PM
One minute Konoplyanka is having a medical, now no deal was agreed?

Very amusing if that is the case though.

turdpower
January 31st, 2014, 7:56 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25944411

Is that the best picture they could get?

Simon
January 31st, 2014, 8:01 PM
He bloody hates Berbatov.

Prototype16
January 31st, 2014, 8:05 PM
Great business for Fulham and Palace today - regardless of the picture quality

Ringo
January 31st, 2014, 8:09 PM
Yeah Fuham done well this window. Kvist, Dempsey, Mitroglou, Holtby and Heitinga.

turdpower
February 1st, 2014, 7:20 AM
Liverpool met the buy-out clause in the contract of Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk's Ukraine international forward Yevhen Konoplyanka, 24, members of their medical team travelled to Ukraine and Konoplyanka had agreed the terms of his move to Anfield - only for Dnipro's president, Ihor Kolomoyskyi, to refuse to sanction the player's release.

What's the point in a release clause if they can just say no?

Bennedy
February 1st, 2014, 2:14 PM
Yeah Fuham done well this window. Kvist, Dempsey, Mitroglou, Holtby and Heitinga.

Still going down.

Simon
March 26th, 2014, 12:48 PM
City have offered a contract to Sagna. Strange choice IMO. Must be the end for Micah Richards (remember him?).

Peter Griffin
March 26th, 2014, 1:19 PM
He can join Derby when we go up :shifty:

Simon
April 3rd, 2014, 7:04 AM
According to The Guardian we're in talks to sign Lukaku. Why would Chelsea let him go? Why would they let him go to us? Why would he want to join us?

Andy
April 3rd, 2014, 7:23 AM
My guess is they won't unless it's for huge money and I doubt he'd go anyway. If he's available better teams will be in for him.

Beefy
April 3rd, 2014, 7:39 AM
Definitely a statement of where they see Spurs.

El Capitano Gatisto
April 3rd, 2014, 7:49 AM
Chelsea are going to buy a big name striker this summer, Lukaku is the one striker they'll get a bit of money for. Torres, Ba, Eto'o will all go for peanuts.

The Rosk
April 3rd, 2014, 7:51 AM
Yeah they're clearly going to get one of Falcao or Costa or someone like that, and the way Mourinho sets up would leave very little wiggle room for a big fat bastard lad like Lukaku. They clearly see Spurs as no threat.

son_of_foley
April 3rd, 2014, 7:52 AM
Arsenal should go begging. Then get Martinez in. YEEOOOO

Romford Pele
April 10th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Saw there was a Kaboul to Arsenal to Spurs rumour - can't see it myself but would be good squad player.

Simon
April 10th, 2014, 10:13 AM
Talented Frenchman with a history of injury problems going to Arsenal? Don't see it.

Bad Collin
April 30th, 2014, 12:54 PM
We are being linked with a lot of people as you would expect. I think we probably need a left back, a centre back, a defensive midfielder, a attacking midfielder and a striker.

The newest one is Alex Lecazette. I have never heard of him but he looks good on his youtube videos :dunno:

turdpower
April 30th, 2014, 1:36 PM
Show me a player who looks shit on a youtube compilation.

MikeHunt
April 30th, 2014, 1:40 PM
I'd challenge you to find a Kirk broadfoot one. The worst professional footballer in the uk if not Europe.

The Rosk
April 30th, 2014, 1:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvPz4a8Oavw

Grimario
April 30th, 2014, 6:53 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MvPz4a8Oavw

He missed a few like that first one this season for us. Think he is gone now as well, retirement looms.

Romford Pele
May 20th, 2014, 5:51 AM
Worth a bump now the season is all but over.

What does your team need? Who are realistic targets?

For Arsenal, in all likelihood a back up keeper, right back, centre back (at least 1), defensive midfielder and two strikers.

It would be great to get Benzema or Mandazic and Remy or Ba as back up. We have been linked with Diame in midfield but not sure he is good enough.

I have no doubt we will be signing defenders from France.

Simon
May 20th, 2014, 5:59 AM
Backup goalkeeper, left back, centre back, back up centre back, striker. That's not even considering the possibility that we might lose anyone good.

Romford Pele
May 20th, 2014, 6:04 AM
I am 100% you will shipping players out, you have far too many midfielders. Who can you see leaving?

For us its Fabianski, Viviano (loan ending), Sagna, Vermalen, Kallstrom (loan ending) and Bendtner at least.

Simon
May 20th, 2014, 6:11 AM
Fuck knows, Gomes has gone and it sounds like Kaboul is leaving but beyond that it's impossible to tell. Ideally we would bin off Dawson, Friedel and Townsend plus a couple from Holtby/Capoue/Sigurdsson (all good players but we just have too many in their positions), but in reality we have to face up to the possibility of losing Lloris, Vertonghen and Adebayor. Wouldn't be in the least bit surprised if our squad looks weaker on paper by the end of the summer than it is now.

Andy
May 20th, 2014, 6:12 AM
It's a bit mad how much we need. I'm not sure how many we'll get, especially considering Wenger said business won't be done until late. But for my money we need two keepers, a right back, a centre back (two if Vermaelen goes), a deep lying midfielder (two if Wilshere can't stay fit), a winger and two strikers. But can anyone see us making seven or eight signings? No chance.

Ringo
May 20th, 2014, 6:15 AM
Good striker (Costa), left back, a midfield partner for Matic, possibly another centre back if Luiz leaves but I think Ivanovic & Zouma/Omeruo/Kalas would be adequate back-up.

Cole's off. Possibly David Luiz (would take 30m for a back up CB/CM for sure). Any or all of the 3 strikers could go. Maybe Mikel too.

RuneEdge
May 20th, 2014, 7:09 AM
What's going on with Yaya? Apparently his agent claims he might be leaving. Would be a massive blow.

RFF Champ
May 20th, 2014, 7:18 AM
Remy isn't going anywhere to be backup, certainly not Arsenal. He'd be a big improvement for Arsenal and exactly who they should sign. Arsenal lack movement up front (particularly without Ramsey & Walcott) and Remy is always looking for a pass behind and causes a huge nuisance for defenders.

Simon
May 20th, 2014, 7:20 AM
Seems to have gone under the radar but Luis Enrique has been confirmed as new Barca manager. I'm guessing it's a stop-gap until Xavi retires, but to be fair Enrique is a Barca legend himself and seemingly did ok at Roma and well at Celta.

Romford Pele
May 20th, 2014, 7:27 AM
What's going on with Yaya? Apparently his agent claims he might be leaving. Would be a massive blow.

Apparently City didnt celebrate his birthday :lol:

Talk about trying to find a reason to leave. All about money - he'll have a better offer elsewhere.

Romford Pele
May 20th, 2014, 7:28 AM
Seems to have gone under the radar but Luis Enrique has been confirmed as new Barca manager. I'm guessing it's a stop-gap until Xavi retires, but to be fair Enrique is a Barca legend himself and seemingly did ok at Roma and well at Celta.

Good appointment - knows the club and has the experience. Why is it certain that Xavi will be the next manager?

Simon
May 20th, 2014, 7:31 AM
Everyone around the club has been not so much touting him as speaking of it as a foregone conclusion. He's been there his whole life and is the club captain outright now that Puyol and Valdes are leaving so it seems logical enough.

Romford Pele
May 20th, 2014, 7:34 AM
Remy isn't going anywhere to be backup, certainly not Arsenal. He'd be a big improvement for Arsenal and exactly who they should sign. Arsenal lack movement up front (particularly without Ramsey & Walcott) and Remy is always looking for a pass behind and causes a huge nuisance for defenders.

If signed someone like Benzema then he would be backup.

MikeHunt
May 20th, 2014, 7:36 AM
Arsenal won't be signing benzema

Romford Pele
May 20th, 2014, 7:37 AM
Why not? Madrid want Suarez and he apparently is the one to go...Wenger has the french connection it could happen

Simon
May 20th, 2014, 7:38 AM
If Arsenal sign Remy it absolutely will not be as backup.

Romford Pele
May 20th, 2014, 7:41 AM
I'm not convinced Remy has enough goals or class in him at the very top level.

MikeHunt
May 20th, 2014, 8:01 AM
Why not? Madrid want Suarez and he apparently is the one to go...Wenger has the french connection it could happen

The French connection. Shut up. Back to reading the sun for all your information nb.

MikeHunt
May 20th, 2014, 8:02 AM
I'm not convinced Remy has enough goals or class in him at the very top level.

Lucky he's supposed to be signing for arsenal then

Peter Griffin
May 20th, 2014, 8:10 AM
Lucky he's supposed to be signing for arsenal then

Good point, well made.

Romford Pele
May 20th, 2014, 8:23 AM
The French connection. Shut up. Back to reading the sun for all your information nb.

Go back to your Scottish Highland Post or whatever crap you normally read. Gimp.

Peter Griffin
May 20th, 2014, 8:25 AM
Racist.

Simon
May 20th, 2014, 9:16 AM
What is this, a fatal three way match to find Rajah's most tedious arsehole?

Peter Griffin
May 20th, 2014, 9:19 AM
If it is it just became a fatal four way, good news Simon you win.

Bad Collin
May 20th, 2014, 1:10 PM
We need a left back (cole?), a deep midfielder (Masch? - could also cover at CB), a centre back, an attacking midfielder (Lallana) and a striker.

Simon
May 20th, 2014, 1:20 PM
Mascherano wouldn't be able to hack it at centre back outside of Barca IMO. Too small. He's fine there, where they play with one of the central pair ostensibly a defender but mainly to be used as a technical footballer to start off attacks (one reason why they want Luiz despite his obvious flaws), but in a team that doesn't dominate possession as much as Barca and are more likely to defend for prolonged periods, often against aerial attacks...no chance. Not suited to it at all. He's actually even shorter than I realised - I thought he was maybe a shade under 6', he's actually 5'8.

turdpower
May 20th, 2014, 3:47 PM
Just watching la liga on Sky. Guillem Balague reckons Barcelona will accept €40M for Fabregas (which is his buyout clause - which is like odd journalism, but whatever), Arsenal do not have first refusal and Cesc wants to play in the Prem again.

Oh and he just got a United tattoo on his arse.

Darkoke
May 20th, 2014, 4:28 PM
When was the last time Balague got something like this right?

The Rosk
May 20th, 2014, 4:34 PM
If it is it just became a fatal four way, good news Simon you win.

AagshagahshahHa

Andy
May 20th, 2014, 4:36 PM
I watched that earlier and I went to check the Arsenal option thing straight away because I'm 99% sure we do have an option. But yeah, Balague is full of absolute shit. He also just made up a couple of random dressing room stories that even the guests called him out on.

Chris Scott
May 20th, 2014, 5:05 PM
We need a left back (cole?), a deep midfielder (Masch? - could also cover at CB), a centre back, an attacking midfielder (Lallana) and a striker.

Cole would just play second fiddle to Flanno though.

MikeHunt
May 20th, 2014, 5:53 PM
Cole would just play second fiddle to Flanno though.

Are you having a fucking laugh?

Romford Pele
May 21st, 2014, 4:28 AM
Just watching la liga on Sky. Guillem Balague reckons Barcelona will accept €40M for Fabregas (which is his buyout clause - which is like odd journalism, but whatever), Arsenal do not have first refusal and Cesc wants to play in the Prem again.

Oh and he just got a United tattoo on his arse.

sorry but its well known that Arsenal DO have first refusal on him.

BBF
May 21st, 2014, 4:45 AM
My favourite bit of this has been Simon saying 'FATAL THREE WAY'.

Its a triple threat, NERD

Simon
May 21st, 2014, 5:05 AM
Whatever the fuck.

MikeHunt
May 21st, 2014, 5:20 AM
sorry but its well known that Arsenal DO have first refusal on him.

that DOESN'T mean he has to join you.

Romford Pele
May 21st, 2014, 5:29 AM
No, but the fact that he played for us for 8 years and Wenger helped develop him into the player he is will give us a good chance.

MikeHunt
May 21st, 2014, 5:31 AM
i don't see it.

why on earth would he go back? he's clearly ambitious.

Bennedy
May 21st, 2014, 5:33 AM
i don't see it.

Haven't you heard? This FA Cup win is a springboard and they will win the treble next season.

MikeHunt
May 21st, 2014, 5:43 AM
natureboy was drunk at the cup final on beers which cost 6

Romford Pele
May 21st, 2014, 7:19 AM
You could buy a house in Scotland for that.

Romford Pele
May 21st, 2014, 7:21 AM
i don't see it.

Yes finishing in the top 4 and winning the fa cup and signing the likes of Ozil clearly isn't ambitious. :rolleyes:

Of course we cannot match Chelsea or Citys spending (even if FPP is curtailing it now) but to say we have no ambition is plain wrong.

Romford Pele
May 21st, 2014, 7:21 AM
Haven't you heard? This FA Cup win is a springboard and they will win the treble next season.

Sorry, show me where someone has said that?

Simon
May 21st, 2014, 7:25 AM
Fabregas wouldn't go back to Arsenal, there are bigger and better teams interested in him. He'd go to United ahead of Arsenal for sure.

Incidentally as of a couple of days ago (before the 150m WAR CHEST had been confirmed but when everyone did already know there were going to be massive amounts of cash on the table) United were 6-1 to finish in the top four next year, which seemed extraordinarily long odds to me...but they are now 4/7 on :wtf:

EDIT: According to Sky Bet, five teams are odds-on to finish in the top four next year :lol:

Bennedy
May 21st, 2014, 7:26 AM
Sorry, show me where someone has said that?

I have seen loads of interviews with fans saying they can win the League and Champions League next season. They will probably come to their senses when the only signing Arsenal make this summer is Gareth Barry on a free transfer.

Romford Pele
May 21st, 2014, 7:34 AM
I'm sure that is a very small minority.

Most Arsenal fans realise that we need 5/6 quality additions before we will be in the mix, BUT Fabregas obviously played for us and realises hopefully now we are on the up.

Rip
May 21st, 2014, 7:49 AM
Trying not to get carried away but looks like we're moving closer on three deals, Perez which could be wrapped up this week, Cabella who we're 2m apart on the fee for and Colback is due for talks tomorrow.

And we've been in touch about Rodwell.

Be nice to see us do some business for a change.

Simon
May 21st, 2014, 7:55 AM
I'm sure that is a very small minority.

Most Arsenal fans realise that we need 5/6 quality additions before we will be in the mix, BUT Fabregas obviously played for us and realises hopefully now we are on the up.

Is there any real reason to think you're notably on the up? Not to do down the FA Cup or your victory but I don't think world class players are swayed by a relatively minor victory like that. In terms of general progression, you're more or less where you've been the past few years - well-placed to continue in the Champions League, but with little or no realistic hope or even ambitions of actually winning either of the two main competitions.

I hesitate to say it because people (including me) predict Arsenal dropping out of the top four every year, but next year could be your biggest test in that regard yet seeing as Liverpool finished above you this year and United would expect to be back in the running next year.

Simon
May 21st, 2014, 7:57 AM
Trying not to get carried away but looks like we're moving closer on three deals, Perez which could be wrapped up this week, Cabella who we're 2m apart on the fee for and Colback is due for talks tomorrow.

And we've been in touch about Rodwell.

Be nice to see us do some business for a change.
Colback's Sunderland through and through isn't he? I know he's on a Bosman but it would be an odd move from his point of view, and I'm surprised better clubs aren't in for him because he's a tidy player and can play in a couple of positions.

Rip
May 21st, 2014, 8:07 AM
Colback was born in Killingworth so he's a local lad, not sure who he supported as a kid but Killingworth is just North of Newcastle so it's mainly a Black and White town, and significantly the rumor has been around for a while and he's done nothing to knock it back, in fact he made a few positive comments last week.

Rip
May 21st, 2014, 8:09 AM
Just heard we've agreed terms on Perez

Gary J
May 21st, 2014, 8:34 AM
I wouldn't say Arsenal were on the up at all. Despite the cup win like Simon says you are still in the same boat as you have been for years. The league games against Man City , Liverpool and Chelsea showed how far behind you are. A solitary point against a poor Man United side too and how many years now since Arsenal got into the quarter finals of the champions league?

I would just expect another race for 4th spot and hope for a domestic cup double.

Romford Pele
May 21st, 2014, 8:59 AM
I wouldn't say Arsenal were on the up at all. Despite the cup win like Simon says you are still in the same boat as you have been for years. The league games against Man City , Liverpool and Chelsea showed how far behind you are. A solitary point against a poor Man United side too and how many years now since Arsenal got into the quarter finals of the champions league?

I would just expect another race for 4th spot and hope for a domestic cup double.

1. We were top of the league for most of the season

2. We had significant injuries to key players (Walcott and Ramsey to name two) and still managed to finish top 4

3. We signed a world class player in his prime for over 40m

4. We qualified out of a tough CL group including beating Dortmund on their own patch and matched Bayern in both games (red card aside)

5. A lot is made of the fact we got tonked in the big away games but we also beat Spurs(x3), Liverpool (x2) and Everton

6. We have a settled central defensive partnership I wouldnt swap for anyone else with the possible exception of Chelsea

7. We finished 7 points off the top this season compared to 19 last year

No one is denying that we need some new players, but look how close Liverpool came with a much inferior squad. I'm saying with the right signing its POSSIBLE to win the league. Even in the CL sometimes an unfancied side wins it.

Andy
May 21st, 2014, 9:03 AM
I'll cry if Fabregas goes to Man United.

Grimario
May 21st, 2014, 9:05 AM
Can we get you on webcam for the announcement? That would be great.

Chris Scott
May 21st, 2014, 9:43 AM
Are you having a fucking laugh?

Red Cafu I'll have you know.

Gary J
May 21st, 2014, 9:58 AM
1. We were top of the league for most of the season

2. We had significant injuries to key players (Walcott and Ramsey to name two) and still managed to finish top 4

3. We signed a world class player in his prime for over 40m

4. We qualified out of a tough CL group including beating Dortmund on their own patch and matched Bayern in both games (red card aside)

5. A lot is made of the fact we got tonked in the big away games but we also beat Spurs(x3), Liverpool (x2) and Everton

6. We have a settled central defensive partnership I wouldnt swap for anyone else with the possible exception of Chelsea

7. We finished 7 points off the top this season compared to 19 last year

No one is denying that we need some new players, but look how close Liverpool came with a much inferior squad. I'm saying with the right signing its POSSIBLE to win the league. Even in the CL sometimes an unfancied side wins it.

1. You may have been top most of the season but once you played the bigger teams you dropped points and where nowhere near coming in the closing stages hell at one point Everton looked like they might take 4th off you.

2. Every team gets injuries to key players. Suarez was banned for the start of the season. Aguero missed a lot of the season and yet they still coped and finished above you comfortably.

3. He is not world class he is a very very good player.

4. I've said before that champions league group was not as tough as was made out to be. Marseille were shit Napoli were overrated and Dortmund weren't as good this season. As for matching Bayern sounds a lot like the argument that was made after you hammered AC Milan in the 2nd leg a few seasons back.

5. Two of those were cup games so I'm not quiet sure how full strength Liverpool and Everton were in those games.

6. It may be a settled defence but they need sort out defending from setpieces. Plus I wouldn't get too confident there was times this season Sagna was forced to play Centre Back and while he did ok from what I saw. Theres very little depth there especially if Vermaelen and Sagna both leave.

7. 38 points this season placed 14th other seasons you'd have been lucky to stay up. For all your bravado about being 12 points better off this season you only managed two more wins then the previous season. Hardly huge progress.

Liverpool do not have a much inferior squad. This was proved in the fact they finished 2nd and you finished fourth. They have more cover in central defence and at full back and up front where you were unable to rest Giroud in case you would have to rely on Bendnter or Sanogo.

Simon
May 21st, 2014, 10:03 AM
Arsenal's time at the top of the league was the definition of a false position because all of their big games were bunched together - as soon as they hit those two runs of tough games in February and April, they dropped like a stone.

Gary J
May 21st, 2014, 10:05 AM
In fact I don't even get this Liverpool have a small squad perception. They have Tiago Ilori coming back from loan. Assaidi , Suso and Andre Wisdom and Borini too. Martin Kelly barely played this season I seem to remember Liverpool fans going on here before about Jordan Ibe , Jack Robinson and Connor Coady too.

This is before they even buy anyone this summer too.

Ringo
May 21st, 2014, 10:11 AM
They do actually have lots of defenders but I read Ilori, Coates, Kelly and Kolo were all likely to go either on loan or permanently. Would have thought Wisdom goes to Derby again if they come up.

Simon
May 21st, 2014, 10:23 AM
In fact I don't even get this Liverpool have a small squad perception. They have Tiago Ilori coming back from loan. Assaidi , Suso and Andre Wisdom and Borini too. Martin Kelly barely played this season I seem to remember Liverpool fans going on here before about Jordan Ibe , Jack Robinson and Connor Coady too.

With the exception of Borini and arguably Kelly, there's no reason to expect any of them to be ready to play a significant role for Liverpool. Assaidi did well for Stoke but couldn't get a sniff when he was at Liverpool before, and the rest are all kids. They definitely need huge reinvestment to even have a hope of maintaining this season's league performance with the additional European games. Even if no one leaves I'd say they need a backup goalkeeper, a left back, at least one centre back, a box-to-box midfielder to cover Henderson and a striker.

Peter Griffin
May 21st, 2014, 10:38 AM
Just heard we've agreed terms on Perez

He got me promoted with Tenerife, top player :shifty:

Romford Pele
May 21st, 2014, 10:45 AM
1. You may have been top most of the season but once you played the bigger teams you dropped points and where nowhere near coming in the closing stages hell at one point Everton looked like they might take 4th off you.

2. Every team gets injuries to key players. Suarez was banned for the start of the season. Aguero missed a lot of the season and yet they still coped and finished above you comfortably.

3. He is not world class he is a very very good player.

4. I've said before that champions league group was not as tough as was made out to be. Marseille were shit Napoli were overrated and Dortmund weren't as good this season. As for matching Bayern sounds a lot like the argument that was made after you hammered AC Milan in the 2nd leg a few seasons back.

5. Two of those were cup games so I'm not quiet sure how full strength Liverpool and Everton were in those games.

6. It may be a settled defence but they need sort out defending from setpieces. Plus I wouldn't get too confident there was times this season Sagna was forced to play Centre Back and while he did ok from what I saw. Theres very little depth there especially if Vermaelen and Sagna both leave.

7. 38 points this season placed 14th other seasons you'd have been lucky to stay up. For all your bravado about being 12 points better off this season you only managed two more wins then the previous season. Hardly huge progress.

Liverpool do not have a much inferior squad. This was proved in the fact they finished 2nd and you finished fourth. They have more cover in central defence and at full back and up front where you were unable to rest Giroud in case you would have to rely on Bendnter or Sanogo.

I know you don't like Arsenal but some of this is laughable.

1. We had played all of the top sides by December and were still top of the league. It was only in March where we dropped off.

2. Suarez missed 6 games. That is one player missing 6 games. Ramsey missed 4 months, Walcott 5 months overall. Likewise Aguero was not out for that long. Not valid comparsions.

3. Sorry what is your definition of world class? Is not being a star performer at a world cup and being Real Madrids chief assist maker for 3 years not world class?

4. Bollocks. Yes Marseille weren't great but Napoli have had a very good season and Dortmund had finished runners up in the CL. What you forget is we missed a penalty and more than held our own against Bayern at home until Sz was sent off and then played well at their place as well

5. They were full strength. Next.

6. Yes the zonal marking is the problem there, not the personnel. If they can rectify that then it will improve. Yes, we have a couple leaving this year but I'm sure we will add a couple.

7. We can all play this game. We won the league in 1998 with 78 points so the argument cuts both ways. The fact is we have improved from our points tally massively in the last few years

Of course they had a worse squad. Do you really think they could have come second had they been in Europe or the latter stages of the cups?

We had depth in midfield and enough at the back. Only upfront were we really short.

Romford Pele
May 21st, 2014, 10:46 AM

And how many of these have ever played for the first team for an extende period of time?

Gary J
May 21st, 2014, 10:55 AM
With the exception of Borini and arguably Kelly, there's no reason to expect any of them to be ready to play a significant role for Liverpool. Assaidi did well for Stoke but couldn't get a sniff when he was at Liverpool before, and the rest are all kids. They definitely need huge reinvestment to even have a hope of maintaining this season's league performance with the additional European games. Even if no one leaves I'd say they need a backup goalkeeper, a left back, at least one centre back, a box-to-box midfielder to cover Henderson and a striker.

No I'm expecting them to play a major role but I don't think it's out of the question they can play a part in the domestic cups or be even champions league games if they get through the group stages with games to spare.

They have more then enough at LB as they have Flanagan , Enrique , Agger and Johnson could even play there I think Jack Robinson as well if they got really desperate.

As it stands I'd say they need a centre back and a midfielder like Henderson would be their desperate. Personally I would think about a new keeper as well as I'm not convinced by Mignolet. I don't think a new striker is a desperate need either unless of course Suarez fucks off but if he stays I would think him , Sturridge , Sterling and Borini would do ok.

They definitely need less then Arsenal do at this moment so I don't get Natureboys claim Liverpool have a far inferior squad.

Gary J
May 21st, 2014, 10:58 AM
And how many of these have ever played for the first team for an extende period of time?

Well a few of these players played under Dalglish not sure how many chances they have had under Rodgers but still they have had experience and are more options if things get desperate.

Gary J
May 21st, 2014, 11:06 AM

1. We had played all of the top sides by December and were still top of the league. It was only in March where we dropped off.

2. Suarez missed 6 games. That is one player missing 6 games. Ramsey missed 4 months, Walcott 5 months overall. Likewise Aguero was not out for that long. Not valid comparsions.

3. Sorry what is your definition of world class? Is not being a star performer at a world cup and being Real Madrids chief assist maker for 3 years not world class?

4. Bollocks. Yes Marseille weren't great but Napoli have had a very good season and Dortmund had finished runners up in the CL. What you forget is we missed a penalty and more than held our own against Bayern at home until Sz was sent off and then played well at their place as well

6. Yes the zonal marking is the problem there, not the personnel. If they can rectify that then it will improve. Yes, we have a couple leaving this year but I'm sure we will add a couple.

7. We can all play this game. We won the league in 1998 with 78 points so the argument cuts both ways. The fact is we have improved from our points tally massively in the last few years

Of course they had a worse squad. Do you really think they could have come second had they been in Europe or the latter stages of the cups?

We had depth in midfield and enough at the back. Only upfront were we really short.

Right as i'll explain to you once since you are clearly fucking thick and need things repeating to you constantly as evidenced by the birds thread. I DO NOT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT ARSENAL I HATE ARSENE WENGER. HE IS A MOANING PRICK AND ONE OF THE BIGGEST PRICKS IN FOOTBALL.

Admittedly the Arsenal fans on here make it hard to get behind them or even the Arsenal fans that were at Wembley that were spitting at our fans and offering to fight us when we went 2-0 up.In fact every time your lot come over to our stadium i find they are like this but the only time I hate Arsenal is when Hull City play them because otherwise I could not give a fuck what they do. Leeds are the only team I actively hate and maybe Liverpool because I never forgot the glory hunting fucks at school teasing me after they beat us in 89 in fact when Michael Thomas got that last minute winner to win you the title I probably cheered as much as any Arsenal fan.

Romford Pele
May 21st, 2014, 11:12 AM
So you hate Arsene Wenger - I'm sure that doesn't affect your view of the team he has managed for 18 years :rolleyes:

Gary J
May 21st, 2014, 11:23 AM

1. Yes Arsenal always drop off around feb/march time and by the seasons end challenging for fourth same old story every season.

2. Aaron Ramsey played 23 league games this season so did Sergio Aguero quiet a valid comparsion I think.

3. I've said on here before world class is thrown around too loosely I think the only world class players around are Ronaldo , Messi , Suarez , Zalatan and Aguero. Ozil is not the same class as them to me.

4. Napoli were very overrated and I wouldn't say they had a great season at all they finished 24 points off the top I said in the champions league thread when the draw was made I expected Arsenal to go through. I'm not argue about this any more as I argued the point several time last season.

5. A quick look at the match report of the Liverpool fa cup game tells me Brad Jones was in goal so not really full strength. I will give you the league game though you won that comfortably 2-0 was it? I remember Carzola scoring anyway.

6. We agree here.

7. You gained 6 points on from the previous season in a league that is of a worse standard then it has been. Newcastle lost 14 of their last 18 games and managed to still finish in the top half. I don't think you have kicked on like you seem they have.

Gary J
May 21st, 2014, 11:28 AM
So you hate Arsene Wenger - I'm sure that doesn't affect your view of the team he has managed for 18 years :rolleyes:

No not really despite hating Liverpool I would still say the 1989 team they had was probably the best domestic side I've seen. I think Suarez is a cunt but I can't deny he is one of the best players around at the moment. Hell I even forgot my hatred on them when watching the Istanbul final and actually cheered them just like I cheered Sol Campbells goal against Barcelona and was willing Henry to score when he was clean through.

Andy
May 21st, 2014, 11:34 AM
As Simon said, the table was very misleading when we were top. We actually performed pretty similarly game for game as we did the previous season. There was no real progress and the games against the big teams demonstrated that not only have we failed to progress very much but the mentality of the team is absurdly poor. I hope I'm wrong but I'm still not convinced Wenger can change that.

Beefy
May 21st, 2014, 12:11 PM
Andy, you're the most joyless football fan I've ever seen. Tell Gary to shut up and post pictures of Hull fans crying FFS.

turdpower
May 21st, 2014, 1:02 PM
Cesc and Toni bossing our midfield next year.

Michael Carrick can stick to following Fletch around and cleaning up his shitty pants.

Chris Scott
May 21st, 2014, 1:32 PM

Lets be honest it's still a small squad in quality of players, those players you mentioned wouldn't have helped us any better last season.

Gary J
May 21st, 2014, 1:39 PM
I'm not saying they'll jump straight into first team action and be playing regularly I'm saying there's enough cover there if Rodgers needs them I could definitely see them playing in the early round of the cups or a champions league game if you get through the groups easily enough and have two meaningless games.

I mean you'll go straight into the group stages so I would guess you'd only be playing an extra 10 games then you got out of your main starters this season unless of course you took the domestic cups seriously and played the likes of Gerrard , Suarez and Sturridge in the early rounds.

Romford Pele
May 22nd, 2014, 4:53 AM
1. Yes Arsenal always drop off around feb/march time and by the seasons end challenging for fourth same old story every season.

2. Aaron Ramsey played 23 league games this season so did Sergio Aguero quiet a valid comparsion I think.

3. I've said on here before world class is thrown around too loosely I think the only world class players around are Ronaldo , Messi , Suarez , Zalatan and Aguero. Ozil is not the same class as them to me.

4. Napoli were very overrated and I wouldn't say they had a great season at all they finished 24 points off the top I said in the champions league thread when the draw was made I expected Arsenal to go through. I'm not argue about this any more as I argued the point several time last season.

5. A quick look at the match report of the Liverpool fa cup game tells me Brad Jones was in goal so not really full strength. I will give you the league game though you won that comfortably 2-0 was it? I remember Carzola scoring anyway.

6. We agree here.

7. You gained 6 points on from the previous season in a league that is of a worse standard then it has been. Newcastle lost 14 of their last 18 games and managed to still finish in the top half. I don't think you have kicked on like you seem they have.

1. We haven't even been top of the league since 2011 before this season, so not sure what you are referring to here. We tend to crash out of cups in Feb/March (not this year though :)) but we haven't been in any kind of contention since 2010/11.

2. City are a different case when they can bring in Negredo and Dzeko though no?

3. World Class to me is someone is one of the best players in the world in his position. Ozil fits in this catergory.

4. We are going to have to disagree then. If you dont think beating finalists on their patch, knocking out Napoli and drawing in Munich is not progress then up to you.

5. Yeah the keeper was different, but Gerrard, Suarez and Sturridge all played - their best players.

7. Again can be argued either way. You could say it used to be stronger with 2/3 top sides OR you could say there are 7/8 very strong sides in the league. Either way, we have improved significantly.

Simon
May 22nd, 2014, 11:24 AM
Van Gaal's first notable decision as United manager is to call off the pursuit of Toni Kroos :wtf:

El Capitano Gatisto
May 22nd, 2014, 12:23 PM
Probably more that he told Woodward to fucking grow up and stop going after players they have no chance of getting.

Romford Pele
May 22nd, 2014, 12:29 PM
He can call off the Cesc pursuit as well then.

Gary J
May 22nd, 2014, 3:10 PM
Is it even likely Fabregas will be sold? I mean they have just appointed a new manager who for all we know could want to build his team around Fabregas.

turdpower
May 22nd, 2014, 3:20 PM
If his buyout clause is only €40 and someone does match it, he obviously has no obligation to leave.

Gary J
May 22nd, 2014, 3:25 PM
1. We haven't even been top of the league since 2011 before this season, so not sure what you are referring to here. We tend to crash out of cups in Feb/March (not this year though :)) but we haven't been in any kind of contention since 2010/11.

2. City are a different case when they can bring in Negredo and Dzeko though no?

3. World Class to me is someone is one of the best players in the world in his position. Ozil fits in this catergory.

4. We are going to have to disagree then. If you dont think beating finalists on their patch, knocking out Napoli and drawing in Munich is not progress then up to you.

5. Yeah the keeper was different, but Gerrard, Suarez and Sturridge all played - their best players.

7. Again can be argued either way. You could say it used to be stronger with 2/3 top sides OR you could say there are 7/8 very strong sides in the league. Either way, we have improved significantly.

1. There always seems to be a downturn in Arsenal's fortunes at the end of the season as there's always the is this the year they fail to make the top 4.

2. Considering the amount of midfield options Arsenal have it shouldn't be a real issue that Ramsey was missing and while I agree to an extent about Man City being able to bring in Negredo and Dzeko neither one of them is in Aguero's class.

3. Everyone differs on their opinion of World Class so I'm not going to argue that. To me personally while Ozil is a very good player he is not in the same class as the players I mentioned before.

4. I don't think finishing 2nd in your group again and once again going out in the first knockout round is any progress from what has happened the previous few seasons no. You can point to a few decent results aginst Dortmund but I don't see how it's any different to some recent results like beating Bayern 2-0 , hammering AC Milan , the win over Barcelona.

Beefy
May 22nd, 2014, 3:52 PM
Aren't Arsenal usually strong at the end of the season to cruise into Europe with a couple of games to spare to the sound of broken-hearted Spurs fans who were above them a few weeks earlier?

I swear I've seen that season about five times.

Gary J
May 22nd, 2014, 4:04 PM
Yeah they'll have their usual dip at the end of Feb / Beginning of March you think fourth place is going to be beyond them and then they come good get fourth and we hear how next season will different because this summer they'll be buying the players they need.

Romford Pele
May 23rd, 2014, 5:21 AM
Aren't Arsenal usually strong at the end of the season to cruise into Europe with a couple of games to spare to the sound of broken-hearted Spurs fans who were above them a few weeks earlier?

2005/06, 2008/09 (with Villa not Spurs) 2011/12 & 2012/13 all happened that way. The other seasons we started well and actually dropped down to 3rd/4th (2007/08, 2009/10, 2010/11 & 2013/14)

RuneEdge
May 23rd, 2014, 5:39 AM

After dropping out of the title race, yeah.

Beefy
May 23rd, 2014, 6:08 AM
Arsenal are usually out of the title race by November.

Romford Pele
May 23rd, 2014, 6:24 AM
Not last season.

Ringo
May 23rd, 2014, 6:53 AM
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/may/23/david-luiz-record-40m-move-psg-chelsea

40m!? That would be brilliant.

Still mourning the loss of Mata and fancy De Bruyne to turn into a world class player but almost 100m for three players who weren't even in our starting XI is good business and certainly a far cry from the days when we'd practically have to give players away.

Will likely see Ba, Marin, Romeu, Moses and Bertrand go for smallish sums too. And maybe Mikel for a bit more.

El Capitano Gatisto
May 23rd, 2014, 7:02 AM
That is a great fee to get for him, Chelsea paid way over the odds for him in the first place (especially given how much they paid to get Matic back) but have managed to turn a cash profit.

I've heard podcasts and the like say that PSG can only sign one player this summer, anyone seen this confirmed anywhere reliable in writing or the details of it? Signing Luiz is a weird one for them if so, given they already have Thiago Silva and Marquinhos.

Pablo Diablo
May 23rd, 2014, 7:51 AM
I know when it first came out that them and City were being punished that I read something about City only being allowed to make one BIG signing, something like 40M or 50M. And that they couldn't split it up into two transfers. Something weird like that, but I can't find that source anywhere now.

Chris Scott
May 23rd, 2014, 10:42 AM
Linked with Remy today BC.

Romford Pele
May 23rd, 2014, 11:21 AM
Bah, he's ours!

Bluemoon
May 23rd, 2014, 2:59 PM
Cesc and Toni bossing our midfield next year.

Michael Carrick can stick to following Fletch around and cleaning up his shitty pants.

:lol:

So that means it's going to be Carrick and Fletcher in your midfeld then.

turdpower
May 23rd, 2014, 3:20 PM
:happysad:

turdpower
May 23rd, 2014, 3:26 PM
That is a great fee to get for him, Chelsea paid way over the odds for him in the first place (especially given how much they paid to get Matic back) but have managed to turn a cash profit.

I've heard podcasts and the like say that PSG can only sign one player this summer, anyone seen this confirmed anywhere reliable in writing or the details of it? Signing Luiz is a weird one for them if so, given they already have Thiago Silva and Marquinhos.

I assume they mean they can only afford to sign one player, just because of the FFP. 50m for David Luiz is mad. 50m for CB David Luiz is even madder. I assume they see him as a DM, perhaps taking over from Motta.

Gary J
May 23rd, 2014, 3:46 PM
Veratta or Matuidi would take over from Motta i would have thought.

turdpower
May 23rd, 2014, 4:50 PM
Motta is the constant DM in their team. When he doesn't play Cabaye has been the middle man. Those players are both capable but Veratti is much more of a ball playing player as opposed to breaking the play up.

Rip
May 23rd, 2014, 5:18 PM
Chelsea have agreed a deal worth in the region of 40m with Paris St-Germain for the sale of defender David Luiz to the French champions.

So with 40m to spend will this start the deals rolling before the World Cup?

turdpower
May 23rd, 2014, 5:25 PM
They are just spending that on Diego Costa anyway.

Bennedy
May 23rd, 2014, 5:30 PM
40M for Luiz? Thank you very much.

turdpower
May 23rd, 2014, 6:47 PM
I do find it odd when the supposedly "rich" clubs sell players for big money. I guess these FFP rules are finally making a difference.

Bad Collin
May 23rd, 2014, 7:53 PM
PSG are fucking mugs

turdpower
May 23rd, 2014, 8:02 PM
In a world where Andy Carroll cost 35M, not really.

Bad Collin
May 23rd, 2014, 8:24 PM
Well obviously he isn't

Bad Collin
May 23rd, 2014, 8:32 PM
Surely this list can't be right: http://www.itv.com/sport/football/article/2014-05-23/premier-league-clubs-confirm-released-players/

You could build a good team out of that lot

Bad Collin
May 23rd, 2014, 8:37 PM
I reckon this lot would do well.

Schwarzer

Reid Lescott Lugano Cole

Albrighton Lampard Barry Collison Duff

Etoo

turdpower
May 23rd, 2014, 8:48 PM
Pastilimon over Schwarzer easily.

Ringo
May 23rd, 2014, 9:13 PM
Schwarzer's great. I'd be disappointed if we don't offer him one more year.

Oh and 40m rising to 50m for Luiz is mental. Don't know if PSG just came in and offered that or we played hard ball but I'd have taken 30m no problem as much as I like the guy.

Bennedy
May 28th, 2014, 4:14 AM
We are apparently re signing Tiago on a free transfer. Bit of a strange one, but I suppose he has done well for Atletico and he will be a decent squad player for a season or two.

Costa will probably be wrapped up soon as well.

Ringo
May 28th, 2014, 6:34 AM
Bit random but I always liked Tiago. Would expect Mikel or MvG (loan) to leave.

Simon
May 28th, 2014, 6:45 AM
I very much enjoyed Tiago in Green Wing and Episodes.

RuneEdge
May 28th, 2014, 9:46 AM
We are apparently re signing Tiago on a free transfer. Bit of a strange one, but I suppose he has done well for Atletico and he will be a decent squad player for a season or two.
Gotta think about FFP too. Getting a decent squad player on a free is a huge bonus, for the sake of being allowed to make other moves elsewhere.

turdpower
May 28th, 2014, 12:41 PM
And he's a very Mourinho player.

Romford Pele
May 29th, 2014, 5:01 AM
Confirmed today that Fabianski is joining Swansea on a free. Was a decent number 2 the last couple of seasons, decent signing for Swansea though not sure where it leaves Worm.

Bennedy
May 29th, 2014, 7:19 AM
Confirmed today that Fabianski is joining Swansea on a free. Was a decent number 2 the last couple of seasons, decent signing for Swansea though not sure where it leaves Worm.

I can't believe he was with you guys for so long. I thought he was still about 25, but he is 29! I know keepers usually play on for longer but I wonder if he regrets staying for as long as he did?

Romford Pele
May 29th, 2014, 8:11 AM
I can't believe he was with you guys for so long. I thought he was still about 25, but he is 29! I know keepers usually play on for longer but I wonder if he regrets staying for as long as he did?

I know I didnt realise how old he was.

He must do. Once it became clear in 2010/11 that Sz was going to be number 1 he probably should have gone. He never had the belief to be a number 1 for us, apparently he was incredible in training but he dropped quite a few clangers and that is why he never established himself.

Darkoke
May 29th, 2014, 8:23 AM
Was Polish No1 for a spell after Dudek if I remember rightly.

Andy
May 29th, 2014, 9:27 AM
He'll be great for a smaller club. I guess that means Vorm is off somewhere.

Romford Pele
May 29th, 2014, 12:17 PM
Viviano has gone back to Italy as well.

So that leaves us with ONE senior goalkeeper Andy :panic2:

Simon
May 29th, 2014, 12:51 PM
That highly rated kid you had James Shea ended up at my local team Harrow Borough who are semi-pro.

Ringo
May 29th, 2014, 3:33 PM
Sunderland have signed Jordi Gomez and "Sky sources" say Liverpool have bid between 8m and 10m for Rickie Lambert.

RuneEdge
May 29th, 2014, 3:46 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BoA4l0sIUAAyaum.jpg
:lol:

Ringo
May 29th, 2014, 3:49 PM
YES!

connorboy
May 29th, 2014, 5:00 PM
That highly rated kid you had James Shea ended up at my local team Harrow Borough who are semi-pro.

Dave Anderson doesn't reckon they will have him much longer and say he should really be playing in the league

Bad Collin
May 29th, 2014, 7:30 PM
Sunderland have signed Jordi Gomez and "Sky sources" say Liverpool have bid between 8m and 10m for Rickie Lambert.

BBC say 4m plus add ons. I've got no idea how he'll fit in the team but I fucking love Lambo.

turdpower
May 29th, 2014, 7:51 PM
Unless he's out of contract in a year, I reckon Saints will turn that down.

Grimario
May 30th, 2014, 2:11 AM
So... Andy Keogh is trading in the Championship for two years in Australia. That's one hell of a step down.

BBF
May 30th, 2014, 3:43 AM
BBC say 4m plus add ons. I've got no idea how he'll fit in the team but I fucking love Lambo.

I guess he offers something totally different to what you've got. As I said before there didn't seem to be a plan B last season and a big lump up front gives you an outlet to hold the ball if you are winning as well as being a good finisher too.

The Rosk
May 30th, 2014, 3:50 AM
Yeah it worked with Andy Carroll.

Torn
May 30th, 2014, 4:36 AM
So... Andy Keogh is trading in the Championship for two years in Australia. That's one hell of a step down.

We had been loosely linked with him a few weeks ago. He's past it now so pretty glad that didn't happen.

Torn
May 30th, 2014, 4:38 AM
Also Lambert isn't just a big lump. He's a very good footballer. Great signing for Liverpool as an extra attacking option for, if BBC is right with their 4m fee, a bargain price.

BBF
May 30th, 2014, 4:51 AM
Yeah, you are right. 'Big lump' does do him a disservice. Apologies.

Simon
May 30th, 2014, 4:54 AM
Apparently he used to work in a beetroot factory.

Alf
May 30th, 2014, 5:09 AM
4m? Blimey.

RFF Champ
May 30th, 2014, 5:39 AM

Was a decent player a few years ago but never kicked on when Wolves got promoted from the Championship and had a bad injury I think. Bit of a workhorse now I think.

MichaelC
May 30th, 2014, 7:24 AM
Also Lambert isn't just a big lump. He's a very good footballer. Great signing for Liverpool as an extra attacking option for, if BBC is right with their 4m fee, a bargain price.

Hes great at harassing defences into errors and providing chances for others too. Plus 13 goals/10 assists isn't shabby. Has the air of Sheringham at United about it.

On the other hand, poor Southampton. They're fecked.

Ringo
May 30th, 2014, 7:30 AM
Atletico signing Ivan Rakitic appaz. No wonder they'll let us have Tiago.

Simon
May 30th, 2014, 7:30 AM
The rumours going around are that basically the entire nucleus of the side now wants out - Lambert's gone, Shaw and Lallana are on their way, and in turn that is now leading to Rodriguez, Lovren and others wanting out too. United are also looking at Clyne, Schneiderlin is on the radar of a few clubs...they'll be alright because they'll rake in an absolute fortune to reinvest and have some talented kids coming through in Ward-Prowse, Chambers, Targett, Reed, Gallagher, Turnbull and Stephens, but it's difficult to see them managing to bed in another strong nucleus of high-level players like the one they currently have again.

Simon
May 30th, 2014, 7:31 AM
Atletico signing Ivan Rakitic appaz. No wonder they'll let us have Tiago.

Rakitic is class. Was about to say I'm surprised a bigger club weren't in for him, but Atletico are La Liga champions and Champions League finalists, I suppose it doesn't get much bigger than that. Wonder if that means Koke will go.

Ringo
May 30th, 2014, 7:35 AM
Yeah, fantastic player. Remember being really impressed by him at the Bridge for Schalke a few years back but he's looked on another level when I've seen him for Sevilla this season.

Poor Southampton. A real shame that it looks like it's all falling apart so quickly.

Also, not sure if this is all that new but...

Di Maria's future is now the subject of fresh speculation, however, with Arsenal and a host of other Premier League clubs said to be interested.

Reflecting on last year's transfer rumours, Di Maria told Marca: "It hurts when you're always doing your best for your club and then you hear that you might be going to Tottenham."

:D

Alf
May 30th, 2014, 7:37 AM
The rumours going around are that basically the entire nucleus of the side now wants out - Lambert's gone, Shaw and Lallana are on their way, and in turn that is now leading to Rodriguez, Lovren and others wanting out too. United are also looking at Clyne, Schneiderlin is on the radar of a few clubs...they'll be alright because they'll rake in an absolute fortune to reinvest and have some talented kids coming through in Ward-Prowse, Chambers, Targett, Reed, Gallagher, Turnbull and Stephens, but it's difficult to see them managing to bed in another strong nucleus of high-level players like the one they currently have again.

I think it's a real, real shame actually. It would have been good to see them use their performance last season to bring in some higher quality players and hopefully make a challenge for places higher up the table.

I hope Spurs grab a couple of those.

Alf
May 30th, 2014, 7:37 AM
Yeah, fantastic player. Remember being really impressed by him at the Bridge for Schalke a few years back but he's looked on another level when I've seen him for Sevilla this season.

Poor Southampton. A real shame that it looks like it's all falling apart so quickly.

I love that quote so much.

"Please don't make me go to Spurs"

Chris Scott
May 30th, 2014, 7:48 AM
I'll take 4m plus add ons for Lambert.

Red Dog
May 30th, 2014, 8:04 AM

I'd much rather live in Perth than East London or Blackpool!

Simon
May 30th, 2014, 8:14 AM

Ahahaha fair fucks that Di Maria quote is great. Mental that Di Maria is still seen as expendable - he's been pushed into an unfamiliar position to accommodate Bale and has still been consistently superb, including a man of the match display in the CL final...I mean what else does the poor cunt have to do?

Simon
May 30th, 2014, 8:17 AM
I think it's a real, real shame actually. It would have been good to see them use their performance last season to bring in some higher quality players and hopefully make a challenge for places higher up the table.

I hope Spurs grab a couple of those.

Which would you take though? Assuming Shaw and Lallana are already on their way...Rodriguez I would be wary of, he'll cost a bomb because he's English and I'm not convinced he's got what it takes to be a high level player - although his ability to play off the wing as well as up front would be a plus. We don't need Clyne or Schneiderlin either, the only one I'd love to see us sign is Lovren.

_me
May 30th, 2014, 9:55 AM
I'd much rather live in Perth than East London or Blackpool!
I was going to say this too. In what world is living in England in the winter better than Australia during the summer?

Simon
May 30th, 2014, 10:03 AM
The wages professional footballers are on in the UK, they can buy a bit of the sun and install it in their front room.

turdpower
May 30th, 2014, 10:06 AM
I was going to say this too. In what world is living in England in the winter better than Australia during the summer?

Players don't sign for English clubs for the weather...

turdpower
May 30th, 2014, 10:07 AM
Except ginger ones.

_me
May 30th, 2014, 11:31 AM
Players don't sign for English clubs for the weather...
Yep, they sign for Australian clubs for the weather. They leave English clubs for the weather. As Simon says, foreign players play in England for one main reason - MONEY. As soon as a player decides to trade that money for something else (weather, family, etc), they leave England.

Simon
May 30th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Well not just the money, the fact that it's one of the biggest and most glamorous leagues in the world is a factor.

RFF Champ
May 30th, 2014, 11:43 AM
Surely the Aussies are matching the wages of the likes of Brentford.

Torn
May 30th, 2014, 12:00 PM

They have a salary cap of $2.5m which works out at way less than our playing budget. They can have a marquee player which is exempt from this cap so they basically can offer one player loads of money. Gallas is Keogh's new club's marquee player right now.

Gary J
May 30th, 2014, 5:25 PM
Which would you take though? Assuming Shaw and Lallana are already on their way...Rodriguez I would be wary of, he'll cost a bomb because he's English and I'm not convinced he's got what it takes to be a high level player - although his ability to play off the wing as well as up front would be a plus. We don't need Clyne or Schneiderlin either, the only one I'd love to see us sign is Lovren.

Bit surprised to see you wouldn't want Clyne he is a far better right back then Kyle Walker. I would have liked to have seen him given a run out for England as well as I think he's best option we have there.

Grimario
May 30th, 2014, 8:20 PM

Pretty much what torn said. Given that they also have a minimum wage and a minimum number of players to be in the squad, the most he could be on us around 1.5m and that would mean everyone else has to be on the min wage. Given they just signed Ruben Zadkovich from my team because we weren't willing to offer him more than the 220k a year he was already on, it's fair to say that Keogh isn't on a huge amount compared to what I imagine he was or could have been on in England.

Ringo
June 1st, 2014, 7:10 AM
Reports (The Mirror) that Lampard has not been offered a new contract and will sign for the new New York City FC team... who don't start playing until the 2015 season.

:cry:

Also Swansea signing Luc Castaignos. Remember he was very highly rated a few years ago when Inter signed him.

Peter Griffin
June 1st, 2014, 8:30 AM
Derby in for Shaun Hutchinson and Jordan Ibe (loan) to fill the places of Wisdom and Bamford.

Grimario
June 1st, 2014, 8:36 AM
Reports (The Mirror) that Lampard has not been offered a new contract and will sign for the new New York City FC team... who don't start playing until the 2015 season.

They are apparently poised to announce David Villa as well and the talk is for him to be loaned to the Australian Man City funded side for the start of our season. Maybe they will do a two for one and send Frank over as well.

Simon
June 4th, 2014, 11:20 AM
Costa's having his medical at Chelsea. They're going to be so strong next year aren't they :no: still playing joyless shit football though most likely.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 4th, 2014, 11:43 AM
It'll be interesting to see how he gets on, this was his breakout season really. He's not that young at 25 but before this year he had played well supporting Falcao season before last but had never scored many goals. How much of it has been down to a brilliant Simeone-inspired season for the club as a whole and can he keep that up? Drogba came on the scene relatively late too but I don't think Costa is in his class to be honest and is possibly more of a bastard. He'll probably do a great job for them but it's by no means certain he'll score 32 millions worth of Premier League goals.

Hopefully Koke sticks to his word and stays as he is probably more important than Costa. He is the complete midfielder, it's easy to see why Mourinho would love him and why Barca are willing to sacrifice Fabregas for him.

Atletico Madrid have signed Angelo Correa from San Lorenzo, no idea if he's any good but given their record for promoting strikers after losing a previous big name, he'll probably score 50 goals next season.

Simon
June 4th, 2014, 11:50 AM
Apparently Koke to Barca is expected to happen, just unsure whether it will be this year or next. Xavi is apparently mad for him, hyping him as his natural successor for club and country.

Angel Correa is a Football Manager beast isn't he? Nailed on to be yet another success, they have this young Brazilian kid Leo who is supposed to be another talent, just checked his stats though and he only scored once for Betis in 14 games last year. I think they have signed that Siqueira from Granada as well, in anticipation that Filipe Luis leaves.

Bennedy
June 4th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Costa's having his medical at Chelsea. They're going to be so strong next year aren't they :no: still playing joyless shit football though most likely.

Apart from a few games at the end of last season we don't play shit joyless football. That was massively exaggerated.

Simon
June 4th, 2014, 11:56 AM
Not really. I watched enough to feel pretty comfortable with calling it that.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 4th, 2014, 11:57 AM
Apart from a few games at the end of last season we don't play shit joyless football. That was massively exaggerated.

No, at the start of the season Chelsea played at Old Trafford with no striker on the pitch. That set the tone for much of the season. There was a little of bit of football played here and there (Arsenal at home, Man City away) but largely Chelsea were horrendous to watch.

Ringo
June 4th, 2014, 4:19 PM
Against the big teams I agree. I don't generally get bored watching my own team play but the Man United away game was about as close to that as it'll get. Spurs was shit too. I'll happily take the results in the big games thank you very much - obviously understand that's not what the neutral wants though.

Costa is such a disgusting ugly thug. But he's good. The opposite to Nando. He's going to be more hated than Suarez. I'm just going to embrace him in all his villainy. I want Lukaku back as a number two and then third choice probably Ba. Heard he was off to Besiktas but Mourinho wants him to stay or something.

Next up - a genuinely class midfielder and a left back.

Peter Griffin
June 4th, 2014, 4:23 PM
Unless he is a racist that goes round diving and biting people I dont see how he will be more hated.

Ringo
June 4th, 2014, 4:27 PM
He does things like rub his hand in his snotty nose and wipe it on opponents. Also think he bit someone. Can't be racist though luckily.

Peter Griffin
June 4th, 2014, 4:29 PM
Ewwwww, I have surprisingly seen little of him tbh.

Ringo
June 4th, 2014, 5:44 PM
http://www.rtve.es/alacarta/videos/telediario/pique-conversa-del-bosque-sobre-cesc-dicho-ya-esta-hecho-se-va-33-millones/2598877/

This is all over Spanish press. Pique caught on microphone before a press conference telling Del Bosque that Cesc "has said to me it's done. He's going now, for 33 million euros". But not which club he's supposed to be going to. Also they're laughing about it so I wonder if they know full well the microphone is on but if that's the case they've done a hell of a job on everyone.

Andy
June 4th, 2014, 6:09 PM
I've kind of lost some of my interest in football recently and I've become pretty cynical about it all, but if Cesc goes to Chelsea or Man United I'll probably cry.

Ringo
June 4th, 2014, 6:13 PM
Sounds like he's basically being pushed out - apparently Pique said as much. BALLAGUE says they need the money for Koke and just told him to find a new club pronto. He also reckons Arsenal don't want him back and have already told him this.

Some Spanish sources saying it's us he's coming to but who knows.

Would be weird to see him in our colours. But fucking hell, 50m (probably) in for David Luiz and 58m out for Costa and Fabregas? Yes please.

Ringo
June 4th, 2014, 6:31 PM
Futbolargentino @FCBJulian 32m CatRadio says that Arsenal refused to pay what Barcelona asked . They had refusal but not buy back. Chelsea highest bider.

Assume that's 32m euros/26m. How has no one else offered that.

Andy
June 4th, 2014, 6:52 PM
I'll be so upset :(

Bad Collin
June 4th, 2014, 7:19 PM
Looks like we are paying the 10m for Can. I've no idea how good he is

El Capitano Gatisto
June 4th, 2014, 7:48 PM
Van Gaal must have some pretty good ideas up his sleeves if he doesn't think it worth a go at getting Fabregas. Being out of the CL is obviously an issue, but it seems like he'd probably be wary of going to play for Mourinho. It's a superb signing for Chelsea if it happens, they'll have a real midfield again with him and Matic.

Simon
June 5th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Blimey, Colback actually is going to Newcastle.

Andy
June 5th, 2014, 2:43 PM
David Ornstein has said we've told Barca we won't be exercising the buy-back clause on Cesc. He's usually spot on.

Absolutely baffling. We're not even that strong in the are, yet we're passing up the opportunity to sign a world class player for a bargain price who we know would deliver. This is already getting people on Wenger's back again.

Simon
June 5th, 2014, 2:45 PM
Maybe they know he wouldn't want to come back and are saving themselves the embarrassment.

turdpower
June 5th, 2014, 2:46 PM
I'd expect that to be true.

Transfer are no longer how Football Manager shows them to be. You don't bid for a player and then talk to his agent.

Andy
June 5th, 2014, 2:48 PM
I'd be pretty stunned if he would choose Chelsea over us. If he was available we should've been going out of our way to get him back.

Mik
June 5th, 2014, 2:49 PM
Blimey, Colback actually is going to Newcastle.

Why wouldn't he?

turdpower
June 5th, 2014, 2:52 PM
I'd be pretty stunned if he would choose Chelsea over us. If he was available we should've been going out of our way to get him back.

200k a week and genuine chance at winning trophies vs you lot.

I'm surprised anyone chooses you.

Simon
June 5th, 2014, 3:09 PM
I'd be pretty stunned if he would choose Chelsea over us.

But...why? I mean he had a good few years at Arsenal but won nothing other than the FA Cup in his first season, and they're no closer to major success now than they were when he left. Whereas Chelsea will go into the new season as one of the favourites for domestic and European trophies.

Simon
June 5th, 2014, 3:10 PM
Why wouldn't he?

Came through Sunderland's youth team and was a mainstay there, was he a Newcastle fan? Even for someone not connected to Sunderland I'd consider it a sideways move at the moment.

Beefy
June 5th, 2014, 3:11 PM
But...why? I mean he had a good few years at Arsenal but won nothing other than the FA Cup in his first season, and they're no closer to major success now than they were when he left. Whereas Chelsea will go into the new season as one of the favourites for domestic and European trophies.

He's got Arsenal DNA.

Cut him and he bleeds red.

Bluemoon
June 5th, 2014, 3:52 PM
I've kind of lost some of my interest in football recently and I've become pretty cynical about it all, but if Cesc goes to Chelsea or Man United I'll probably cry.

Everytime I hear that statement about losing interest in football it baffles me every time.

It's either in your blood who ever you support or its not. Not matter how pissed off or happy with your team, how do you lose interest?

Yes you can feel football's corupt money spoilt it etc or players are overpayed knob head's but to me any footballs on tv I'll watch it.

Andy
June 5th, 2014, 4:27 PM
I'll never stop supporting Arsenal but my general interest in football has definitely gone down. I used to watch every game, every show, listen to every podcast and read every article. Now I try and make it to a game or two a season and don't watch much more than the Arsenal games. I listen to one podcast and follow a couple of twitter accounts.

Cesc going to Chelsea really would be a heartbreaker. A player who we saw develop into a world class talent and leave as he was hitting his peak might now go to Mourinho's bunch of cunts.

Beefy
June 5th, 2014, 5:31 PM
I'll never stop supporting Arsenal but my general interest in football has definitely gone down. I used to watch every game, every show, listen to every podcast and read every article. Now I try and make it to a game or two a season and don't watch much more than the Arsenal games. I listen to one podcast and follow a couple of twitter accounts.

You mean you're growing up?

Andy
June 5th, 2014, 5:43 PM
It was probably about time :happysad:

Rip
June 5th, 2014, 6:03 PM
Came through Sunderland's youth team and was a mainstay there, was he a Newcastle fan? Even for someone not connected to Sunderland I'd consider it a sideways move at the moment.

Newcastle fan as a kid.