PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Bad Collin
September 2nd, 2013, 5:25 AM
I know I am being illogical but it's just a theory I have.

Who do you reckon will be the big 10.30pm signing? I think we will see Fellaini arriving for a medical at Carrington quite late today.

Simon
September 2nd, 2013, 5:31 AM
There could be loads...United and Arsenal still have loads of work to do today.

It's a bit of a letdown not being the big story on deadline day :(

Simon
September 2nd, 2013, 5:32 AM
Odemwingie has been given permission to talk to Cardiff according to SSN.

Rip
September 2nd, 2013, 5:41 AM
We're in discussion with Bendtner according to a fair number of the local sources...

:dunno:

Bad Collin
September 2nd, 2013, 5:46 AM
Unlucky. Worse for Sunderland though as they look like getting Borini.

Beefy
September 2nd, 2013, 6:01 AM
You've given up on Borini far to early. Has the guy even played in his natural position (centre-forward) yet? Each time I saw him he was shunted out wide when he clearly is a striker.

I think Bendtner would do alright at Newcastle for some reason. Seems like a decent fit.

Rip
September 2nd, 2013, 6:05 AM
Where?

Remy, Cisse, HBA, Bendtner.

All four would expect to play every game and with the personalities involved we'd have a nightmare trying to juggle them.

We're looking at Cisse & Remy upfront now with HBA floating, where would we play Bendtner, he's not good enough to drop any of the other for and he's a moody twat so he wouldn't sit on the bench.

Beefy
September 2nd, 2013, 6:07 AM
He's a very different type of player than the others though isn't he? Decent option if you're trying to mix things up or hold onto a lead I'd have thought.

JP
September 2nd, 2013, 6:11 AM
Where?

Remy, Cisse, HBA, Bendtner.

All four would expect to play every game and with the personalities involved we'd have a nightmare trying to juggle them.

We're looking at Cisse & Remy upfront now with HBA floating, where would we play Bendtner, he's not good enough to drop any of the other for and he's a moody twat so he wouldn't sit on the bench.

Bendtner goes to you guys and he's a first 11 player more often than not.

Your attacking play has become very one dimensional, as Beefy said Bendtner is a very different kind of option and forces to opposition to do different things, gives you guys the chance to open them up in more ways. Because he thinks so highly of himself he's actually quite underrated as a player too.

Though every noise I'd heard with Bendtner was he was going to Hull, which would be a brilliant for him and them.

Hlebsfall
September 2nd, 2013, 6:19 AM
He's absolutely fucking useless and a massive wanker to boot.

Gary J
September 2nd, 2013, 6:21 AM
I think the Bendtner rumiurs to hull were just because of his past with Bruce at Birmingham. Don't think there was ever anything in it.

Rip
September 2nd, 2013, 6:23 AM
He's a very different type of player than the others though isn't he? Decent option if you're trying to mix things up or hold onto a lead I'd have thought.

Yeah, and he'd be a good signing, problem is could Pards juggle the four of them?

He won't drop HBA he's our match winner, that leaves either Remy or Cisse, unless he plays Bendtner away from home alongside either/or and the more dynamic pair at home with Bendtner coming on in the latter stages.

Considering some of the crap we've been linked with I'd quite like it but I just can't see the logistics of it with our squad.

Gary J
September 2nd, 2013, 6:26 AM
It will probably fall through because of his wage demands anyway.

JP
September 2nd, 2013, 6:32 AM
I think the Bendtner rumiurs to hull were just because of his past with Bruce at Birmingham. Don't think there was ever anything in it.

Bruce said he was interested, but was dependent on fee and wages.

It's unlikely, but it'd be a good signing if it went through.

Gary J
September 2nd, 2013, 6:35 AM
We'll end up signing Gedo and Rodallega

Bad Collin
September 2nd, 2013, 6:36 AM
You've given up on Borini far to early. Has the guy even played in his natural position (centre-forward) yet? Each time I saw him he was shunted out wide when he clearly is a striker.

No, he's the new Ngog

Beefy
September 2nd, 2013, 6:43 AM
He really isn't.

Grimario
September 2nd, 2013, 6:48 AM
Is it hypocritical of me to not want us to sign him because he's an arsehole, but secretly hope we do sign him so that I can just say "well he's here now so we've no choice but to get behind him and enjoy his on-field qualities"? :D

I think that's perfectly okay. Kevin Muscat for instance (Crystal Palace, Wolves, Millwall, Rangers) was an absolute cunt of a player. But if he had played for my team when he came back to Australia he at least would have been my teams cunt and helped us win stuff instead of another teams cunt.

Bad Collin
September 2nd, 2013, 6:48 AM
What makes you think he is anything more than decent Beef? I have seen him play a fair bit and seen him miss chance after chance.

Beefy
September 2nd, 2013, 6:56 AM
BBC Sport are saying that Ozil to Arsenal is done subject to a medical in Germany. That's blowing my mind.

What makes you think he is anything more than decent Beef? I have seen him play a fair bit and seen him miss chance after chance.

I just don't see how you can judge a player without actually playing him in his position. He's not a wide player - he's an out and out goalscorer as he showed when he was at Swansea.

Hlebsfall
September 2nd, 2013, 7:01 AM
1/10 on. OH MY DAYS.

MikeHunt
September 2nd, 2013, 7:02 AM
I think that's perfectly okay. Kevin Muscat for instance (Crystal Palace, Wolves, Millwall, Rangers) was an absolute cunt of a player. But if he had played for my team when he came back to Australia he at least would have been my teams cunt and helped us win stuff instead of another teams cunt.

I loved Kevin muscat he was a fucking dirty dirty fucking bastard. Loved him.

Simon
September 2nd, 2013, 7:02 AM
Great player and an improvement on what you've got of course but where will be play/who will he replace? Arsenal aren't exactly short on creative attacking mids...I'm guessing he will go onto the left of the attacking three with Cazorla dropping back into the midfield three alongside two of Wilshere/Ramsey/Arteta/Rosicky?

MikeHunt
September 2nd, 2013, 7:03 AM
That is the most exciting transfer coming into England this window. Well done arsenal properly excited about watching him more often.

Bad Collin
September 2nd, 2013, 7:05 AM
Ozil would be huge. Surely they aren't actually going to spend that kind of money.

Bad Collin
September 2nd, 2013, 7:08 AM
I just don't see how you can judge a player without actually playing him in his position. He's not a wide player - he's an out and out goalscorer as he showed when he was at Swansea.

I've seen him play up front in Europe and he was poor there too. He seems to panic when he gets in on goal.

Hlebsfall
September 2nd, 2013, 7:11 AM
http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/23929339

Oh boy. I reckon it'll be Santi back on the wing.

JP
September 2nd, 2013, 7:21 AM
There's no way this is a panic buy either, this has been in the works for a while.

He's a crafty old fox.

MikeHunt
September 2nd, 2013, 7:33 AM
Le prof has probably spent the last 8 weeks looking on football manager for 20 year old frogs to buy.

while whoever is conducting these deals has been working their bollocks off cursing Daniel levy for holding everything up.

Ringo
September 2nd, 2013, 7:33 AM
Incredible. £42.5m as well, which I think would make him the second most expensive signing by an English club ever? Nice work Arsene. Still need a CB though.

Simon
September 2nd, 2013, 7:51 AM
Bale only managed three kick ups at his unveiling. FLOP.

MikeHunt
September 2nd, 2013, 7:55 AM
Sigh.

Simon
September 2nd, 2013, 7:55 AM
Si*

Beefy
September 2nd, 2013, 7:57 AM
BORINI TO SUNDERLAND

Italy football writer James Horncastle: "No one will be more pleased to see Liverpool striker Fabio Borini nearing a loan move to Sunderland than Italy coach Cesare Prandelli. It's hard to understate how highly regarded the 22-year-old is back home.

"A member of the Azzurri's Euro 2012 squad after scoring nine goals in his only season at Roma, Borini's first one at Liverpool under Brendan Rodgers, his former mentor during his time at Chelsea's academy, was desperately unlucky. Injuries meant he never really got to show his worth.

"Should Borini get a run of games under his compatriot Paolo Di Canio at the Stadium of Light, then he will score goals. He has an instinct for them, which in the past has led to comparisons with Pippo Inzaghi."

This is why James Horncastle (who?) gets paid for his football opinions and Bad Collin just forces his on us for free.

Hlebsfall
September 2nd, 2013, 7:59 AM
And now they're apparently in for Di Maria as well. Fucking cheeky.

Simon
September 2nd, 2013, 7:59 AM
BORINI TO SUNDERLAND

Italy football writer James Horncastle: "No one will be more pleased to see Liverpool striker Fabio Borini nearing a loan move to Sunderland than Italy coach Cesare Prandelli. It's hard to understate how highly regarded the 22-year-old is back home.

"A member of the Azzurri's Euro 2012 squad after scoring nine goals in his only season at Roma, Borini's first one at Liverpool under Brendan Rodgers, his former mentor during his time at Chelsea's academy, was desperately unlucky. Injuries meant he never really got to show his worth.

"Should Borini get a run of games under his compatriot Paolo Di Canio at the Stadium of Light, then he will score goals. He has an instinct for them, which in the past has led to comparisons with Pippo Inzaghi."

This is why James Horncastle (who?) gets paid for his football opinions and Bad Collin just forces his on us for free.

James Horncastle knows his shit. Whereas Bad Collin just knows he's shit.

Chris Scott
September 2nd, 2013, 8:01 AM
Yeah BC got to give him more of a chance up front I think, hopefully he'll do we'll at Sunderland. It will almost make me like them now he's gone there.

Happy with the 3 new players we got in today, our defence is looking solid.

Rip
September 2nd, 2013, 8:01 AM
BBC Sport are saying that Ozil to Arsenal is done subject to a medical in Germany. That's blowing my mind.

:yes:

Good news for us increases our chances of keeping Cabaye, I'd have been ok with seeing him go last week but now would make it tight to get someone in, although the Ince rumors seem to be building. :fingersx:

son_of_foley
September 2nd, 2013, 8:03 AM
Incredible. £42.5m as well, which I think would make him the second most expensive signing by an English club ever? Nice work Arsene. Still need a CB though.

For my money a RB as well but that could wait till Jan

Bad Collin
September 2nd, 2013, 8:12 AM
As I said, I hope I am wrong about Borini but I am not convinced from his lacklustre performance against poor European opposition.

Beefy is just angry because he picked him in last years RFF draft and he did nothing.

son_of_foley
September 2nd, 2013, 8:14 AM
Borini looked good in the euros.

Beefy disagrees but I think he's a bit of a hold up link up man primarily. Thought thats what he did for Swansea although BEEFY disagrees because he's a gaylord

Simon
September 2nd, 2013, 8:18 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTKAzdbIQAA8vFY.jpg

The Rosk
September 2nd, 2013, 8:22 AM
Ozil is such a fantastic buy for Arsenal. Great signing. He will be immense for them. A shrewd signing if I ever saw one.

Simon
September 2nd, 2013, 8:23 AM
He's not The Rosk he's gonna be rubbish, stop it :(

Alf
September 2nd, 2013, 8:31 AM
Shrewd signing? Ahahah, fucking hell mate. What is shrewd about stumping up for one of the most creative players in the world? It's an utter no-brainer of a signing.

MikeHunt
September 2nd, 2013, 8:37 AM
£10mil for hulk on loan for one season! Think mr levy might be sacking that shit.

Andy
September 2nd, 2013, 8:40 AM
Spurs fans should know better than anyone that medical doesn't necessarily mean dunne deal.

Someone wake me up at 11pm before I blow my load/have a heart attack.

thegoat
September 2nd, 2013, 8:41 AM
Shrewd signing? Ahahah, fucking hell mate. What is shrewd about stumping up for one of the most creative players in the world? It's an utter no-brainer of a signing.

Surely the idea being Arsenal aren't quite on a par with the level Ozil could be playing at, but Wenger has seen he will be somewhat surplus to requirements and put his funds to good use.

Rip
September 2nd, 2013, 8:51 AM
Kaka to Milan on a free is mental.

The Rosk
September 2nd, 2013, 8:52 AM

He waited and didn't panic. Judged it perfectly. Dicked all over their rivals in the derby and then brought in a signing that trumped every one of theirs. Wenger is a genius. Top four guaranteed. Hlebs owes him an apology.

MikeHunt
September 2nd, 2013, 8:52 AM
Spurs fans should know better than anyone that medical doesn't necessarily mean dunne deal.

Someone wake me up at 11pm before I blow my load/have a heart attack.

Scottih window closed already mate. Your palpitations are wasted again Andy.

Peter Griffin
September 2nd, 2013, 8:56 AM
Appaz Arsenal in for Demba Ba now, Why do so many clubs leave it to the last fucking minute possible.

Rip
September 2nd, 2013, 8:59 AM
Appaz Arsenal in for Demba Ba now, Why do so many clubs leave it to the last fucking minute possible.

Saw that earlier, he'd be an interesting addition to a Wenger side.

son_of_foley
September 2nd, 2013, 8:59 AM
What's in it for Chelsea though?

MikeHunt
September 2nd, 2013, 9:01 AM
@Petergriffin To trump their biggest rivals with several absolute quality signings in 24 hours.

Beefy
September 2nd, 2013, 9:02 AM
He waited and didn't panic. Judged it perfectly. Dicked all over their rivals in the derby and then brought in a signing that trumped every one of theirs. Wenger is a genius. Top four guaranteed. Hlebs owes him an apology.

That's some high-quality trolling right there. :lol:

Hlebsfall
September 2nd, 2013, 9:02 AM
Getting a striker of their books they don't want.

Rip
September 2nd, 2013, 9:06 AM
What's in it for Chelsea though?

He's be touted about, they offered him to us last week but Pards and him can't stand each other and he had a massive falling out with Cisse, which is ironic because he's the one whole got the whole Cisse deal through in the first place.

Bad Collin
September 2nd, 2013, 9:06 AM
Surely Chelsea won't allow Ba to go to Arsenal. If they need to get rid of him he should go to a non-champions league, non London team who can pay his wages....

turdpower
September 2nd, 2013, 9:07 AM
What's his name?

Barry Silkman

son_of_foley
September 2nd, 2013, 9:08 AM
Getting a striker of their books they don't want.

But why to Arsenal? I would think they would either try and buck him out to France/Germany or just pay his wages. Don't think the money will upset them too much and they are a bit light on out and out strikers

Peter Griffin
September 2nd, 2013, 9:11 AM
West Brom about to sign Derby and Forest reject Lee Camp ffs :rofl:

Beefy
September 2nd, 2013, 9:14 AM
Surely Chelsea won't allow Ba to go to Arsenal. If they need to get rid of him he should go to a non-champions league, non London team who can pay his wages....

They did the same with Benayoun the other year though didn't they?

Peter Griffin
September 2nd, 2013, 9:18 AM
Man Utd in for Ander Herrera whoever he is :shifty:

Ringo
September 2nd, 2013, 9:19 AM
Yep.

Supposedly want £3m for the loan but if he scores a load for Arsenal and we find ourselves in a battle for 4th again (unlikely you'd think but not out of the question) it'll look pretty stupid. Hopefully he'll go abroad.

Andy
September 2nd, 2013, 9:25 AM
Haha that poor cunt at Liverpool hates deadline day.

Beefy
September 2nd, 2013, 9:31 AM
What is Herrera like? Not sure if I've seen him play.

Pablo Diablo
September 2nd, 2013, 9:36 AM
And if it is just 7 mil less why not go for Ozil?

Grimario
September 2nd, 2013, 9:38 AM
What is Herrera like? Not sure if I've seen him play.

No idea but people have been busy on wikipedia. His picture is currently a donkey and...

He is described as the new Shola Ameobi

He has a pet cat named Roland and a tortoise named Victor

He is a huge fan of the legendary right back Peter Smiiith and based his game on the young wingrunner.

Olympic 100m Gold 1900-01

Ringo
September 2nd, 2013, 9:40 AM
And if it is just 7 mil less why not go for Ozil?

Not the same type of player I reckon. Herrera to play deeper. Ballague just compared him to Modric.

Herrera played in those games against United when Bilbao trashed them Beefy.

Pablo Diablo
September 2nd, 2013, 9:41 AM
Not the same type of player I reckon. Herrera to play deeper. Ballague just compared him to Modric.

Fair point. Thinking of it Ozil is like a Kagawa, so Moyes would just keep him on the bench anyways.

Gary J
September 2nd, 2013, 10:19 AM
Is Kagawa not playing because he's not fully fit yet due to the extended break he got after the confederations cup?

Zaha should feel more put out as he did pretty well in the charity shield and against Swansea and now he's not even on the bench.

Chris Scott
September 2nd, 2013, 10:22 AM
Forgot United had Zaha.

Ringo
September 2nd, 2013, 10:29 AM
Yeah, apparently fitness is the issue with Kagawa (and Mata for that matter). Didn't have a full preseason. Would expect both to start featuring properly after the break.

Simon
September 2nd, 2013, 10:36 AM
Ekotto and Carroll have both gone on loan to QPR apparently.

Rip
September 2nd, 2013, 10:36 AM
We're moving into the market!

Jonathan Bond, a 20 year old bloody keeper...

Simon
September 2nd, 2013, 10:52 AM
We're moving into the market!

Jonathan Bond, a 20 year old bloody keeper...

He is quality to be fair.

Gary J
September 2nd, 2013, 10:56 AM
Don't be too excited Rip he'll probably be a replacement for Krul.

Rip
September 2nd, 2013, 11:57 AM
He is quality to be fair.

I know, but...

Don't be too excited Rip he'll probably be a replacement for Krul.

That worries the crap out of me :(

Gary J
September 2nd, 2013, 1:26 PM
We've gone in for Shane Long would be very happy if we could pull that off.

The Rosk
September 2nd, 2013, 1:59 PM
Bannan signed for Palace and Ireland off on loan for a year to Stoke. Well played Lambert.

Gary J
September 2nd, 2013, 2:19 PM
Lukaku off to Everton?

Chris Scott will love that

Mik
September 2nd, 2013, 2:36 PM
Looking forward to seeing ozil in the premier league.

Ringo
September 2nd, 2013, 2:40 PM
Lukaku off to Everton?

Would be shocked and appalled.

Slare
September 2nd, 2013, 2:42 PM
Rumblings of Lukaku and Ba leaving to make way for ZLATAN

Ringo
September 2nd, 2013, 2:47 PM
:zzz:

Ba to Everton on loan? Would much prefer him going there than Arsenal.

Slare
September 2nd, 2013, 2:48 PM
zzz for ZLATAN?!?

Ringo
September 2nd, 2013, 2:51 PM
Well I love a bit of Zlatan but I'm sure it's rubbish.

Jay
September 2nd, 2013, 3:15 PM
This Darragh MacAnthony is fucking annoying, constantly butting in and muttering under his breath as others talk.

turdpower
September 2nd, 2013, 3:40 PM
Not heard anything about Herrera for a while. Assume that's not going to happen now.

Andy
September 2nd, 2013, 3:48 PM
Nicklas Bendtner reserve striker this season then :wired:

turdpower
September 2nd, 2013, 3:52 PM
Not heard anything about Herrera for a while. Assume that's not going to happen now.

Apparently it IS happening.

And appaz we've bid 40m for Khedira and this has been rejected. Have we bid for every Real midfielder now then?

Gary J
September 2nd, 2013, 4:01 PM
Ozil deal apparently off.

turdpower
September 2nd, 2013, 4:12 PM
Shut up! :lol:

Don't do that to me GJ :lol:

Gary J
September 2nd, 2013, 4:14 PM
Probably bullshit but apparently Zidane stepped in and convinced Real Madrid not to let it happen.

Ringo
September 2nd, 2013, 4:39 PM
Imagine if it was :lol:

Sort of decided Ba warming the bench for most of the season is probably preferable to Lukaku doing the same and Ba out on loan scoring for Arsenal. He'll get plenty of games at West Brom and should grow as a player. Not the complete article yet. I was really looking forward to seeing him for us this season but it might be for the best long term if he does go on loan again.

Gary J
September 2nd, 2013, 4:40 PM
It's gonna be a bit worrying it's not been made official yet.

Ringo
September 2nd, 2013, 4:40 PM
Glad we finally got to hear from Mo Farah.

edit: also Lukaku was still in Belgium earlier appaz. Long drive ahead of him.

Bad Collin
September 2nd, 2013, 4:57 PM
It's all gone a bit quiet.

Rip
September 2nd, 2013, 5:05 PM
Johnson back to Palace?

Combined age of 306 between him and Phillips but I'd be willing to bet they get more goals than most higher profile pairs if they get the service.

turdpower
September 2nd, 2013, 5:06 PM
Imposters pretending to be from United. Brilliant.

Ringo
September 2nd, 2013, 5:07 PM
They've had the "Arsenal close to completing signing of Mesut Ozil" ticket on the Breaking News bar for about 9 hours now.

Imposters pretending to be from United. Brilliant.

Classic transfer deadline day moment.

The Rosk
September 2nd, 2013, 5:15 PM
Nah surely not rip, it must be around 70 no?

Bad Collin
September 2nd, 2013, 5:17 PM
AJ can fucking well stay at QPR and score some goals for me

JP
September 2nd, 2013, 5:23 PM
Chelsea making some very strange moves today.

No Mata.

turdpower
September 2nd, 2013, 5:30 PM
Imagine if those Arsenal fans showed 50% of that enthusiasm at games.

turdpower
September 2nd, 2013, 5:32 PM
Sky Sports News seem to keep banging on about smashing Arsenals transfer record.

They've just smashed the Premier League record.

The Rosk
September 2nd, 2013, 5:33 PM
Nah.

Ringo
September 2nd, 2013, 5:34 PM
Sky Sports News seem to keep banging on about smashing Arsenals transfer record.

They've just smashed the Premier League record.

Apart from Torres.

Bad Collin
September 2nd, 2013, 5:35 PM
What about Torres?

Huge signing for Arsenal. He'll fit in that team very nicely.

turdpower
:lol:

Oops.

turdpower
In my defence Torres is shit and never worth the money.

turdpower
September 2nd, 2013, 5:36 PM
and I've been drinking :(

Ringo
September 2nd, 2013, 5:37 PM
Chelsea making some very strange moves today.

No Mata.

Well, only one. Letting Lukaku leave on loan. Which might actually make more sense than loaning out Ba.

Beefy
September 2nd, 2013, 5:38 PM
What about Torres?

Huge signing for Arsenal. He'll fit in that team very nicely.

By that you mean that he'll pick up a slight knock on international duty for Germany and be out injured for five months?

Bad Collin
September 2nd, 2013, 5:44 PM
Out for six months with a bruised toe nail

Chris Scott
September 2nd, 2013, 5:44 PM
Lukaku off to Everton?

Never going to happen mate.

Chris Scott
September 2nd, 2013, 5:45 PM
Well, only one. Letting Lukaku leave on loan. Which might actually make more sense than loaning out Ba.

Why though when he's your best striker.

RuneEdge
September 2nd, 2013, 5:52 PM
Ozil deal is confirmed.

Chris Scott
September 2nd, 2013, 5:53 PM
Don't do it Lukaku, move to Everton and your career will go down hill.

Ringo
September 2nd, 2013, 5:54 PM
Why though when he's your best striker.

Well that's contentious. Most Chelsea fans think so too but we're probably underestimating just how far he has to go. He did well last season, has lost a lot of weight and has bags of potential but he's not nearly the finished article. Anyway, doesn't matter what we think. If he's going on loan then obviously Mourinho prefers Eto'o and Torres right now. And it's better that he's playing every week so he can come back next season and destroy the world.

Rip
September 2nd, 2013, 6:00 PM
Arsenal look lethal going forward from midfield now, but if they lose the ball who's going to get it back?

The Rosk
September 2nd, 2013, 6:05 PM
United in for Coentrao? Eh?

Gary J
September 2nd, 2013, 6:11 PM
So can we judge Joe Kinnear by his signings now :lol:

MMH
September 2nd, 2013, 6:14 PM
Fellaini supposed to have gone for 27.5M. 4M more than they could have had him last month and makes Baines worth 500k. Weird stuff.

Rip
September 2nd, 2013, 6:15 PM
So can we judge Joe Kinnear by his signings now :lol:

We've been doing that for a while up here...

Mind Remy in and no-one out is a net result I can live with.

Peter Griffin
September 2nd, 2013, 6:17 PM
Never going to happen mate.

:rofl:

MMH
Lukaku confirmed by the man himself.

Gary J
Well until Remy's court case anyway.

Rip
Fellaini supposed to have gone for 27.5M. 4M more than they could have had him last month and makes Baines worth 500k. Weird stuff.

Is that confirmed yet, if so it's very odd.

Chris Scott
September 2nd, 2013, 6:18 PM
Fuck off why didn't we offer to loan Lukaku before going for Moses.

Rip
Well until Remy's court case anyway.

Been bailed till November now, seems like it might fizzle out on lack of evidence.

The Rosk

I wouldn't mind if I were you. I also think you'll like Barry. And Lukaku will do alright.

Gary J
September 2nd, 2013, 6:19 PM
Coentrao supposedly confirmed for Man Utd too,

MMH
September 2nd, 2013, 6:19 PM
Ekotto going to QPR is an odd one, Surely he is better than that?

Rip
September 2nd, 2013, 6:20 PM
I wouldn't mind if I were you. I also think you'll like Barry. And Lukaku will do alright.

McCarthy would have been a good addition but looks like you left it too late.

Chris Scott
September 2nd, 2013, 6:20 PM
Lukaku the blue nose twat.

Gary J
September 2nd, 2013, 6:22 PM
Ekotto going to QPR is an odd one, Surely he is better than that?

He'd have been worth keeping as back up as well in case Danny Rose gets injured. Unless Spurs have some other left back i'm forgetting

MMH

I dont mind at all. Fellaini is a good player but not a player who you will miss a huge amount. Hes such a unique player its hard to build around him.

Barry is a cracking signing for us I reckon. Much better player than people give him credit for and has a ton of experience. He will do me. Added to Lukaku and McCarthy its a decent window and we have some cash spare so thats nice.

Bad Collin
Lukaku to Everton fucks me off but it is fun watching the United fans melt down:

Mike from Manchester via 81111: Manchester United's dreams of winning the Premier League, Champions League or anything else this season well and truly over now. Suddenly League Cup tie with Liverpool looks incredibly crucial, only realistic chance at a trophy with this threadbare midfield.

MMH
September 2nd, 2013, 6:23 PM
McCarthy would have been a good addition but looks like you left it too late.

McCarthy has been confirmed.

Rip
September 2nd, 2013, 6:26 PM
McCarthy has been confirmed.

Has it?

I saw the bid was accepted at 10:58 or something but assumed personal terms etc would spike it, he'll do well for you I'd think.

Gary J
September 2nd, 2013, 6:27 PM
I think McCarthy is an excellent signing for Everton.

Pablo Diablo
September 2nd, 2013, 6:28 PM
Coentrao on a loan? Fellaini for more than his buy-out was.

Legendary transfer window.

turdpower
September 2nd, 2013, 6:30 PM
Lukaku to Everton fucks me off but it is fun watching the United fans melt down:

Rawk

turdpower
September 2nd, 2013, 6:31 PM
Coentrao on a loan? Fellaini for more than his buy-out was.

Legendary transfer window.

I'm content.

Bad Collin
September 2nd, 2013, 6:35 PM
Rawk

Richard Jones via 81111: Laughing stock. That's what Moyes and Woodward have made Man Utd. An ageing team and good chance no Champions League football next season.

Andy
September 2nd, 2013, 6:36 PM
Well holy fucking shit, Mesut Ozil is an Arsenal player.

Established world class player in the prime of his career, absolutely amazing.

Obviously still very short up front and at CB but this is a hell of an exciting signing. :yes:

Andy
September 2nd, 2013, 6:37 PM
United have suddenly had a pretty decent window. Fellaini will make a huge difference to that midfield and I think Coentrao is a very good player.

Everton have done some brilliant business today too.

Beefy
September 2nd, 2013, 6:38 PM
Collymore is saying that Coentrao wasn't done in time.

Pablo Diablo
September 2nd, 2013, 6:38 PM
It's just strange to do all the business on the last day and have to end up with fourth or fifth choice is all. Not that the money matters to me since it's not my money but spending more for Fellaini also is a bit off.

Just weird to see United apparently failing so often in their hunt for players. Although I'm sure a good chunk of that was misrepresentation in the media as always happens during Transfer season. End of the day they both will be positive additions into the side so all's well that hopefully ends well.

Pablo Diablo
September 2nd, 2013, 6:40 PM
Collymore is saying that Coentrao wasn't done in time.

Just seeing that. If it's true for fucks sake.

turdpower
September 2nd, 2013, 6:49 PM
It's just strange to do all the business on the last day and have to end up with fourth or fifth choice is all. Not that the money matters to me since it's not my money but spending more for Fellaini also is a bit off.

Just weird to see United apparently failing so often in their hunt for players. Although I'm sure a good chunk of that was misrepresentation in the media as always happens during Transfer season. End of the day they both will be positive additions into the side so all's well that hopefully ends well.

It's not like we've been in for players who are looking for a step up. Bidding on Barcelona and Real Madrid players rarely gets you anywhere. (Although I'm a bit baffled why we didn't go in for Ozil, what the fuck are Arsenal paying him?)

I'm happy with Fellaini. Not so happy hearing about the Coentrao theories regarding him at LB and Evra as a left midfielder, we tried that when we had Heinze and it was awful. Also, why not just buy a left winger. Ronaldo is pretty decent.

RuneEdge
September 2nd, 2013, 6:52 PM
Apparantly Coentrao's the one who can play left midfield, which means Evra sticking to his normal position. Besides, the deal didnt go through in time according to some sources.

Pablo Diablo
September 2nd, 2013, 6:53 PM
Really it's the lack of Ronaldo coming in that makes this transfer window a failure. MOYESOUT!

But really, what's the deal with these impersonators in the Herrera deal? That's more than bizarre.

Rip
September 2nd, 2013, 6:54 PM
Madrid didn't get the signing of Siqueira through, so they seem to be causing a few ripples regarding the Coentrao deal, why can't teams just do stuff the day before and not risk this crap?

Gary J
September 2nd, 2013, 6:56 PM
Really it's the lack of Ronaldo coming in that makes this transfer window a failure. MOYESOUT!

But really, what's the deal with these impersonators in the Herrera deal? That's more than bizarre.

It was a scam to try and get a cut of the signing fee apparently.

turdpower
All articles suggest we were in for him and the deal broke down, so I wonder why, regardless of these imposters.

RuneEdge

But really, what's the deal with these impersonators in the Herrera deal? That's more than bizarre.Ronaldo's too old to be paying a £70m+ fee for, which is the kind of figure I imagine Madrid would demand. I'm hoping he lets his contract run down and comes back to us on a free. Only 2 more seasons. :happysad:

turdpower
September 2nd, 2013, 6:57 PM
Madrid didn't get the signing of Siqueira through, so they seem to be causing a few ripples regarding the Coentrao deal, why can't teams just do stuff the day before and not risk this crap?

Gets said every year and is a fucking valid point. or even just do business in the morning of deadline day.

I can just imagine some jam fisted fat bitch in the United office stuffing a Coentrao fax in a machine at 10:58.

Pablo Diablo
September 2nd, 2013, 6:57 PM
All articles suggest we were in for him and the deal broke down, so I wonder why, regardless of these imposters.

Something about Spanish tax law I heard.

Loan is off apparently.

Shame since that was the move I was more excited for. Oh well a midfielder will have to do. We should also start playing ZAHA since Young, Nani, Valencia aren't lighting the world on fire lately.

turdpower
September 2nd, 2013, 6:58 PM
Ronaldo's too old to be paying a £70m+ fee for, which is the kind of figure I imagine Madrid would demand. I'm hoping he lets his contract run down and comes back to us on a free. Only 2 more seasons. :happysad:

Next summer we're having him. MARK MY WORDS.

turdpower
September 2nd, 2013, 6:58 PM
Something about Spanish tax law I heard.

Yeah I saw that written down, but what about it?

If we had to pay a few more quid, so be it - I say that with no knowledge of the player.

God I hope we sign Ronaldo in January. Or Messi, he'd probz get on the bench.

RuneEdge
September 2nd, 2013, 7:00 PM
Shinji will save.us

Gary J
September 2nd, 2013, 7:01 PM
Cristiano Ronaldo on Gareth bale "I have my opinion about Bale, but I will not go public with it"

There you go guys a bit of hope he's not happy at Madrid for you.

Andy
September 2nd, 2013, 7:02 PM
(Although I'm a bit baffled why we didn't go in for Ozil, what the fuck are Arsenal paying him?)

£130k/week seems to be the most commonly quoted figure

turdpower
September 2nd, 2013, 7:03 PM
Cristiano Ronaldo on Gareth bale "I have my opinion about Bale, but I will not go public with it"

Rip
September 2nd, 2013, 7:03 PM
Ronaldo's too old to be paying a £70m+ fee for, which is the kind of figure I imagine Madrid would demand. I'm hoping he lets his contract run down and comes back to us on a free. Only 2 more seasons. :happysad:

Little Brazilian fella left there on a free this week he was supposed to be canny, can't remember his name though...

Chris Scott
September 2nd, 2013, 7:05 PM
Don't think microphone head will make any difference to United's midfield. McCarthy is a very good buy in fact good business all round by blue noses.

turdpower
September 2nd, 2013, 7:09 PM
Little Brazilian fella left there on a free this week he was supposed to be canny, can't remember his name though...

I assume Real Madrid agreed to cancel his contract for nothing just to get it off the wage bill, considering he signed in a 6 year contract in 2009. Which I guess means he wanted to go to Milan.

Otherwise someone would easily bid 10m for him. It baffles me that they didn't ask Milan to pay something like 4m for him.

Andy
September 2nd, 2013, 7:09 PM
A few French journalists who usually do well with Arsenal stuff saying that Mata to PSG might happen...

turdpower
September 2nd, 2013, 7:11 PM
Why didn't we bid for him?

RuneEdge
September 2nd, 2013, 7:17 PM
Jose probably wouldnt sell him to us, after the whole Rooney thing.

turdpower
September 2nd, 2013, 7:18 PM
OK, why didn't we bid for Ozil?

RuneEdge
September 2nd, 2013, 7:22 PM
Probably too busy fucking up the Herrera deal.

turdpower
September 2nd, 2013, 7:24 PM
Did we send David May, Gary Pallister and Paul Parker to do that deal or something?

Someone say if we have Coentrao or not so I can go to bed.

son_of_foley
September 3rd, 2013, 3:03 AM
I saw a fee united fans saying things like surely we could have at least got Ozil.

At least? He cost 42.5m for fucks sake. He was clearly told he would be the central figurehead of Arsenal rather than an after thought or Valencias understudy.

Anyone think Feilani will be playing off Van Persie? Moyes played him there more than deep right?

son_of_foley
September 3rd, 2013, 3:13 AM
Also 28M bid for Feilani and Baines so Baines was valued at 500k? hehe

Red Dog
September 3rd, 2013, 5:55 AM
Man Utd fans moaning. Bloody hell. Come back when you have something to actually moan about.

Peter Griffin
September 3rd, 2013, 6:15 AM
Every club has their section of moaning morons, Some of the shit you hear from your own fans at matches beggars belief at times.

Red Dog
September 3rd, 2013, 6:31 AM
Hmmm yeah you have it worst than most to be fair.

Rip
September 3rd, 2013, 7:25 AM
Every club has their section of moaning morons, Some of the shit you hear from your own fans at matches beggars belief at times.

I get pissed off at our lot at times, fair enough Joe Kinnear has been a disaster but everyone forgets how much we invested in the squad at Christmas, yes we should have been involved in the window but realistically us holding onto HBA, Krul, Colo, Sissoko and Cabaye is way better than expected. Sadly we're not what we were and some of the idiot fans we have won't accept that, we've got some very good kids coming through and maybe in three years or so we'll be back in the top six if we hang onto them, when he came in Ashley outlayed a long term plan of low investment, signing for the future and holding steady for five years, our first season back was exceptional, not what we should be looking for each year, Ashleys plan was hailed as brilliant a couple of years ago by the same morons that are now calling it shite, fair enough we've got some problems but considering where we were we're not bad off.

RFF Champ
September 3rd, 2013, 1:33 PM
How can Southampton have allowed themselves to spend all that money over two years and still have that crop of goalkeepers?

Peter Griffin
September 3rd, 2013, 4:20 PM
Kelvin Davis is awesome! He should be number 1 :panic:

Red Dog
October 31st, 2013, 7:58 AM
Mik. Or anyone. David Vaughan. Any good?

Simon
October 31st, 2013, 8:01 AM
Very tidy little workhorse with a mad forehead

Mik
October 31st, 2013, 8:03 AM
Yeah, he's got quality. Prone to a few lapses in judgement, but he's a very solid player.

Red Dog
October 31st, 2013, 8:05 AM
What position is he usually. I seem to recall on Champ he was one of those D/M RLC types so that doesn't really narrow it down!

Red Dog
October 31st, 2013, 8:07 AM
Basically we need a DM. Ever since we let Guediora go and give away free kicks for a living in the Premier League we have been fucked.

Simon
October 31st, 2013, 8:20 AM
Centre mid. I think he can play left back as well, it's hard to tell with Sunderland because 95% of their team plays in a different position every week.

Oh that reminds me Mik - is Colback as good as he seems? Sunderland aren't on TV that much but whenever they're on he seems to have a good game, whether in centre mid or at left back. I think he's better at left back from what I've seen of him, very solid and calm on the ball. Plus it's good to see a ranga doing well, now that Scholes has gone we only really have him and Sidwell, and Sidwell doesn't seem as ginger because he's inexplicably got a serious tan going.

Mik
October 31st, 2013, 8:25 AM
Vaughan has naturally attacking tendencies, so he's not the defensive midfield option you're looking for. He gets stuck in, but usually thats where he ends up prone to errors.

Colback is like a traditional centre half. Quiet and gets on with his work well, no frills, no nonsense. Plays hard, never stays down for very long, never tries anything particularly tricky, always does the simple things well. Throughout the youth system he was ALWAYS touted as the superior player to Jordan Henderson, but Henderson just developed physically quicker. I like Colback, I've rarely seen him have anything less than a 6/10 performance regardless of where he is playing on the field. He is fine at left back, but he's not natural there. He was there under MoN's rule because he likes to play everyone out of position and was there for Di Canio more through lack of better options. Poyet started him in centre mid against Newcastle and it was a very solid unsung performance. Poyet seems to be more interested in getting the right people in their natural positions, even if it does mean having the likes of Bardsley at right back. I think the fact that Colback is not spectacular might end up getting him overlooked a lot for favour of bigger personalities. He was looking to leave over the summer and I'm glad he has stayed. He's the kind of hard working consistent player that we really need.

son_of_foley
October 31st, 2013, 8:52 AM
We're linked as well. He's good at set pieces right? A bit of a technique beast?

Physically what he's like? Didn't think he's much of a runner tbh certainly when playing longer than 15 minute cameos but maybe I'm wrong

Mik
October 31st, 2013, 9:01 AM
Vaughan? I wouldnt say that he's a technique beast. He runs his arse off all game. He's a clean striker of a ball.

Red Dog
Who you on about?

Red Dog
If its Vaughan we have already signed him.

son_of_foley
October 31st, 2013, 9:04 AM
Yeah yeah it was Vaughan. I always thought he was a bit like Charlie Adam. Long range passing. Close control. One paced. Ran about a lot but was better when he didnt.

Think he's a good player Red Dog just don't think he's going to offer something that Lansbury or others dont already

Mik
October 31st, 2013, 9:07 AM
I'd say that he'll look great in the Championship.

Red Dog
October 31st, 2013, 9:59 AM
Yeah yeah it was Vaughan. I always thought he was a bit like Charlie Adam. Long range passing. Close control. One paced. Ran about a lot but was better when he didnt.

Think he's a good player Red Dog just don't think he's going to offer something that Lansbury or others dont already

I can only assume he is going to play DM. We are bursting at the seams with AMs. We also have a lot of wingers that he strangely doesn't play.

Peter Griffin
October 31st, 2013, 10:06 AM
I always thought Cohan was a a CM until I saw him playing LB in the East mids Derby the other week, Maybe he can play DM if he is so versatile ;).

son_of_foley
October 31st, 2013, 10:07 AM
I can only assume he is going to play DM. We are bursting at the seams with AMs. We also have a lot of wingers that he strangely doesn't play.

Chalobah is a defensive midfielder isn't he? Would've thought a pairing of him and Lansbury would give enough cover for Reid personally but then Billy does like collecting players

Peter Griffin
October 31st, 2013, 10:08 AM
He will sign Claude Davis fir 3.5 mill.

Bad Collin
January 21st, 2014, 5:37 AM
Surely Chelsea aren't going to sell Mata to United?!

Simon
January 21st, 2014, 6:57 AM
Mourinho's main reason for not selling at the start of the season was that he didn't want to strengthen a rival. As of Sunday he clearly doesn't consider United's rivals...maybe this is all part of a magnificent plan by Moyes. The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that his team were shit.

Bad Collin
January 21st, 2014, 7:01 AM
They are not a title rival this season but if Mata helps them get fourth and they push on next year then they might be. I'm hoping that he is just trolling them a bit.

Ringo
January 21st, 2014, 10:12 AM
Confident it's bollocks.

El Capitano Gatisto
January 21st, 2014, 12:45 PM
Absolutely every major news outlet seems to be reporting it pretty confidently, now Sky "understanding" that Chelsea are willing to let him go. I've thought Mata a superb player since his Valencia days and he has got better since then. Chelsea would be crazy to let him go, but seemingly before Mourinho even arrived again it was being widely reported that he would look to get rid of Mata.

He would be a superb signing for Man United. Suddenly their attacking midfield would look so much more creative and more modern. Mata is like Ozil in that he could boost the players around him. An attacking line-up of Mata, Januzaj, Rooney and a fit Van Persie would win most games even with a ropey base of midfield/defence. Moyes played with wide midfielders who looked inside to provide space to attacking full-backs at Everton, that becomes a possibility again with Mata and Januzaj being able to alternate either side. Currently United are extremely pedestrian and predictable with Valencia and Young playing, players who are also exceptionally cowardly footballers in terms of wanting the ball, and have been for a while now with Nani appallingly off form, requiring Van Persie or Rooney to bail them out a lot even last season. Mata would make a big difference to that.

Chelsea do really need money to meet the FFP rules, particulaly if they want to get a big striker in in the near future. Perhaps they want PSG to nip in and blow United out of the water.

Simon
January 22nd, 2014, 5:52 AM
The Guardian reckon Chelsea and United have agreed a price on Mata, £40m. No official bid yet though.

The Rosk
January 22nd, 2014, 6:24 AM
Mental.

I have to say I'm a litttttllleee bit confused at the assumption Mata will be a seamless fit for United. Obviously he is an unbelievably quality player. But I don't think a No.10 is the answer to all their problems. Their defence is still dogshit and the defensive middle is still dogshit. He will certainly improve them but I don't think he alone will shove them right back up there without sorting out the gaping holes elsewhere too.

Bennedy
January 22nd, 2014, 6:34 AM
I would be absolutely baffled if we sell Mata to United. Would be a mental decision.

Simon
January 22nd, 2014, 6:46 AM
I dunno, as good as he is Mourinho's logic stands up - Mata doesn't offer enough defensively and doesn't move the ball quickly enough in transition, two things which are key to the way Mourinho wants the team playing.

Also that was your 10,000th post.

McBain
January 22nd, 2014, 6:50 AM
Clearly it's a bit of a make or break one for Moyes.

Bennedy
January 22nd, 2014, 7:07 AM
I dunno, as good as he is Mourinho's logic stands up - Mata doesn't offer enough defensively and doesn't move the ball quickly enough in transition, two things which are key to the way Mourinho wants the team playing.

Also that was your 10,000th post.

I have come to terms with the fact that he will leave, but I find it bemusing he would sell to United. Although they are not competition for the title this season, who knows how they will progress once Moyes starts building his own team.

El Capitano Gatisto
January 22nd, 2014, 9:36 AM
Mental.

I have to say I'm a litttttllleee bit confused at the assumption Mata will be a seamless fit for United. Obviously he is an unbelievably quality player. But I don't think a No.10 is the answer to all their problems. Their defence is still dogshit and the defensive middle is still dogshit. He will certainly improve them but I don't think he alone will shove them right back up there without sorting out the gaping holes elsewhere too.

A lot of people see to be surprisingly underwhelmed by the idea of it. He's not really number 10, he made his name alongside Silva and Villa playing at Valencia in a fluid front 3 where he played on either flank, alternating with Silva. Much of his best work at Chelsea comes from wide positions, particularly taking up space on the right side and looking to cut in on his left foot. United have been bad defensively for at least two seasons now but pressure going forward has always masked it to an extent. I think United's problems in attacking midfield are urgent too as they only have Januzaj showing any real form there, and Rooney is too wasteful a player to rely on for creativity. If he is available it is a no-brainer of a signing, proven class, proven Premier League form and a great attitude. He works very hard and may even give Kagawa an indication of how to adapt his role.

Alf
January 22nd, 2014, 9:52 AM
The old wide-no10/central winger?

http://www.zonalmarking.net/2010/12/03/introducing-the-central-winger/

Andy
January 22nd, 2014, 5:12 PM
Looks like this is happening then. I don't understand the logic from Chelsea at all, even if United aren't threats to them this season they more than likely will be next year by selling them Mata.

MMH
January 22nd, 2014, 6:38 PM
Looks like this is happening then. I don't understand the logic from Chelsea at all, even if United aren't threats to them this season they more than likely will be next year by selling them Mata.

Not if they still have a loser in charge they wont be.

Its good money for him to be fair too.

El Capitano Gatisto
January 22nd, 2014, 6:47 PM
It's about par money for him given what Chelsea paid and how well he has done since then, he's a similar level to Ozil, maybe not as quick running with the ball but a much better attitude on the pitch. Mata was an excellent player when Chelsea bought him and has got better since, no reason why he can't get better still. Even if Mata takes up the same position as Rooney, which he doesn't necessarily have to, he's an improvement.

Peter Griffin
January 22nd, 2014, 6:47 PM
If it wasnt for that 'loser' you could well be in the championship these days, ungrateful shit. :p

Ringo
January 22nd, 2014, 6:52 PM
Not if they still have a loser in charge they wont be.

Its good money for him to be fair too.

Guess so. Around £40m for a player who has spent most of our bigger games this season sitting on the bench (and the three in front of him are all doing very well). I think some, myself included, may be dismissing the fee given we're used to just spending as much as we like. If FFP is a genuine concern then it probably makes some sense.

But I still love him. :(

Would also be going from 6 AMs to 4 in one transfer window unless we sign a replacement. Salah rumoured at the moment.

RuneEdge
January 22nd, 2014, 7:02 PM
who's the other attacking midfielder thats leaving?

Gary J
January 22nd, 2014, 7:04 PM
De Bruyne i think.

Ringo
January 22nd, 2014, 7:07 PM
Yeah gone to Wolfsburg.

Andy
January 22nd, 2014, 8:09 PM
I'm surprised no one else is in for him. PSG, Monaco, Arsenal and probably others could all afford him and be improved by him. Just can't get my head around this one.

MMH
January 22nd, 2014, 9:21 PM
If it wasnt for that 'loser' you could well be in the championship these days, ungrateful shit. :p

We wouldnt be in the Championship. We are Everton for gods sake.

Gary J
January 23rd, 2014, 2:51 AM
How exactly did Moyes save Everton from being relegated? The only time i can remember them ever looking like going down Mike Walker was in charge and even he managed to keep them up.

turdpower
January 23rd, 2014, 3:10 AM
There was that last day game when Farrelly(?) Scored... 1997?

EDIT: I'm aware that was well before Moyes.

Ringo
January 23rd, 2014, 7:44 AM
Hear Lacina Traore might not go to Everton after all because Falcao's fucked his knee and might miss the world cup. That would be fucking shit. I'm really looking forward to watching Colombia.

Peter Griffin
January 23rd, 2014, 8:18 AM
We wouldnt be in the Championship. We are Everton for gods sake.

I was only being semi serious, but he did a bloody good job for Everton whether you like him or not.

MMH
January 23rd, 2014, 2:54 PM
I was only being semi serious, but he did a bloody good job for Everton whether you like him or not.

I was never his biggest fan but I never said he didnt do a good job generally. Not the miracle worker that some people made out he was like he was managing Kettering Town to top 7 finishes though.

Im also right in him being a born loser. Its just in his nature.

Gary J
January 23rd, 2014, 3:35 PM
To be fair it's in the nature of most managers I've said before Wenger did Arsenal no favours by coming out and setting the target of finishing fourth every season he should be coming out and saying they can win it rather then just going along with the line of well other teams spend more then us so they will be better.

Harry Redknapp of course was the master of this as he was always saying how plucky his team were just to be competing for fourth.

Of course there's the defeatist attitudes some managers have for the cups where they sacrifice them for league survival because they want to concentrate on the league.

I still don't understand why Houllier practically threw the cup tie against Man City. Never mind that you might actually get a bit more time to build on what you want to do with the club if you win something for instance I think Laudrup would be under a lot of pressure if he hadn't won the league cup last season and if Sunderland win it this season then Sunderland fans will probably be a bit more forgiving when there's a rough patch.

RFF Champ
January 23rd, 2014, 4:47 PM
Pulis against Valencia too, that was the end of him at Stoke.

Gary J
January 23rd, 2014, 5:03 PM
I think Martin O'Neill did the same against some Russian team too?

RFF Champ
January 23rd, 2014, 5:54 PM
Then invited the fans who travelled to dinner after they wasted their money :lol: I think that was the beginning of the end for him too.

turdpower
January 23rd, 2014, 7:06 PM
Martin O'Neil Meme was excellent.

Ringo
January 24th, 2014, 5:34 PM
So that Jan Age Fjørtoft who played for Middlesbrough once has tweeted that Arsenal and Schalke have agreed a fee for Draxler. Strange because a) why would he know and b) why are Arsenal signing another AM? Looks fairly class though!

Beefy
January 24th, 2014, 5:37 PM
He's in the know. Gets a lot of transfers spot on.

Ringo
January 24th, 2014, 5:44 PM
I'm backing him on this one.

turdpower
January 24th, 2014, 6:29 PM
Asif you don't know who he is Ringo.

Made the airplane celebration his own. Roy Keane got sent off for hitting him.

RuneEdge
January 26th, 2014, 11:27 AM
Anyone know whether Fabio's move to Cardiff is a loan or a perma?

Bennedy
January 26th, 2014, 11:39 AM
Anyone know whether Fabio's move to Cardiff is a loan or a perma?

Think it is permanent as his contract is up in the summer and they want a fee for him now.

Rip
January 27th, 2014, 7:25 PM
£19m+ agreed for Cabaye.

Now to see if we spend anything...

Ringo
January 27th, 2014, 7:59 PM
Yeah BBC says over £20m with add-ons. Fairly good I suppose but you'll certainly miss him. Don't know much about him but it sounds like Cabella is a very different type of player?

Cardiff going for it. Six signings done with a few days to go. Interested to see how Zaha does and Mats Møller Daelhi is still only 18 but always looked absolutely class for United's youth teams.

West Ham bringing in Borriello and Nocerino is good fun. Both Italian internationals who seem to get a lot of stick from their club's supporters for regularly under performing. Not sure I can see this one working out too well. Worth also pointing out that Borriello is a particularly attractive man.

Rip
January 27th, 2014, 8:08 PM
DeJong is supposed to be quite far on, perhaps we'll go back for his brother.

Lyon's Clement Grenier at 13m Euros is the rumor, anyone know much about him?

Bad Collin
January 28th, 2014, 8:30 AM
Sky are reporting that negotiations are taking place with Napoli to swap Agger for Inler.

That makes sense but I would miss Dagger and swap deals never actually happen.

Romford Pele
January 28th, 2014, 10:42 AM
What centre backs will you still have? Skrtel, Toure & Sakho?

Inler will be good for you, tidy player.

Beefy
January 28th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Freddy Eastwood on the books, Lee Barnard signed and now in for Mark Gower. We're getting the band back together!

Simon
January 28th, 2014, 12:42 PM
RICKY OTTO

The Rosk
January 28th, 2014, 12:45 PM
Get Jeroen Boere back. Am sure he could still do a job.

Simon
January 28th, 2014, 12:47 PM
Dunno where I got Ricky Otto from, didn't he spend some time inside Biffo? And he rinsed one of your managers' daughters?

EDIT: Seems unlikely Jeroen Boere could still do a job The Rosk.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeroen_Boere

Simon
January 28th, 2014, 1:06 PM
Kostas Mitroglou is going to Fulham for €14m apparently. Strange choice from him, he has most second-tier teams in Europe after him and wants to move to a team that could well be in the Championship next year.