PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Mik
July 30th, 2013, 4:59 PM
Aye. The rules are relaxed in here to allow for a bit of sporting banter. That isnt banter.

turdpower
July 30th, 2013, 5:01 PM
I suppose Beefy, you cunt :D.

Peter Griffin
July 30th, 2013, 5:05 PM
There's a massive difference between someone calling someone else a cunt affectionately or semi-affectionately and Peter Griffin calling Mikehunt a cunt or vice versa.

I was being affectionate :shifty:

MMH
July 30th, 2013, 5:13 PM
Bit odd to pick him up on this. People do it everyday in here.

As mentioned before not in the way it was said there. The two of them have issues, they are all over the forum, it would be nice if it wouldnt seep into here too.

MMH
July 30th, 2013, 5:15 PM
Fair enough, Though im pretty sure I see the word in here (football forum) daily, just saying.

Aye the word aint a problem at all.

No worries its not a big issue or anything, just dont want it becoming one.

Simon
July 30th, 2013, 6:24 PM
S****horpe

El Capitano Gatisto
July 30th, 2013, 6:32 PM
Long is a class act, would be a shame if he dropped down to the SPL. Weird how Doyle has fell away, there was a point where we were heavily linked with him. Probably fucking still will get him come to think of it.

Long won't go to the SPL. I'm surprised a few bigger clubs aren't having a little sniff at him. Spurs or Liverpool could do much worse. He would cost a bit but he's an absolute handful of a player, the definition of someone who makes life difficult for defenders. His finishing is suspect but he causes enough mayhem that it makes up for it.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 31st, 2013, 3:02 AM
Napoli might be about to win the transfer window I think. They sold one, admittedly class, striker for an inflated price to a club with more money than sense (and no room in their team for him) and have managed to get in a quality striker in Higuain and appear to be close to getting another real quality striker in Jackson Martinez from Porto. Interesting stuff from them, they've more than replaced Cavani's goals and all round contribution to the side if they start with those two up front next season.

turdpower
July 31st, 2013, 3:02 AM
Great news MMH!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-transfers-joey-barton-approaches-2105590#ixzz2aZGFkcJC

MMH
July 31st, 2013, 3:05 AM
Great news MMH!

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/everton-transfers-joey-barton-approaches-2105590#ixzz2aZGFkcJC

If he comes anywhere near us im giving up on football completely.

Ignoring the fact that he is a grade A bellend who attacked one of our fans with a cigar hes just not a very good player. A bog average journeyman midfielder who is worth nowhere near the hassle.

Gary J
July 31st, 2013, 3:46 AM
I'm just waiting for the news of his fight with Karl Henry on the QPR training ground.

Simon
July 31st, 2013, 9:54 AM
Out of the blue we have sold Caulker to Cardiff for £9m apparently :wtf:

Fanny
July 31st, 2013, 9:57 AM
I'M NOT A RANGERS FAN :panic:

:cry::cry::cry:

ach come on now Andy, it's fine

son_of_foley
July 31st, 2013, 11:16 AM
Out of the blue we have sold Caulker to Cardiff for £9m apparently :wtf:

45 prem games? Fuck me on paper this is a horrible deal for Cardiff

Simon
July 31st, 2013, 11:19 AM
How so? Talented young defender, had a good debut Prem season with Swansea and did well for us last season. Only 21 as well so plenty of resale value...I don't think they've got him on the cheap or anything but I'd say it's about right for him.

son_of_foley
July 31st, 2013, 11:22 AM
Not many centre backs go for those values though. Most cb buys down the league at that price don't work out
Curtis Davies
Roger Johnson
Scott Dann
9m is a massive investment for a team of their size. He's not experienced and he's not a leader at 9m you should be getting almost a sure thing. Caulker isn't yet. He's not bad by any means but that price is ludicrous

Beefy
July 31st, 2013, 11:27 AM
The sure thing would want a lot more in wages. I'm sure the Caulker deal works out well over a four or five year contract. I think it's a very good signing.

son_of_foley
July 31st, 2013, 11:31 AM
Nah it's a massive risk to spend that amount of money on a young cb. I think defensively they'll do ok this year as mackay knows what he's doing.

Simon
July 31st, 2013, 11:34 AM
Not many centre backs go for those values though. Most cb buys down the league at that price don't work out
Curtis Davies
Roger Johnson
Scott Dann
9m is a massive investment for a team of their size. He's not experienced and he's not a leader at 9m you should be getting almost a sure thing. Caulker isn't yet. He's not bad by any means but that price is ludicrous

Well it seems like Cardiff have some serious money now so presumably the money isn't a huge issue - they've already bid for Etienne Capoue who would have cost £10m or so and he'd cost more than that again in wages.

I think Caulker has already proved himself as a decent Premier League standard defender, though there are questions over whether he will develop further. Those players you've mentioned were signed from the Championship weren't they? I think Caulker is further along in his development than you realise - he's had a couple of years in the lower leagues where he excelled, one Prem season at a newly promoted club where he did very well, and another season with Spurs where he played 30 games in all competitions (18 in the league) and gained his first England cap.

He's not nailed on to be a success wherever he goes or anything, and so far comparisons to Ledley King have been wide of the mark - he lacks pace and isn't brilliant on the ball - but comparing him to Dann and Johnson isn't really fair, he's already achieved more than any of those did and he's only 21.

son_of_foley
July 31st, 2013, 11:45 AM
Of course the money is an issue though and that's what I originally said 9m for a CB with less than 50 premiership games is a massive fee and therefore a big risk of it blowing up in their face.

Leicester had a lot of money doesn't make the buys of Matt mills or Sean st ledger any better

Simon
July 31st, 2013, 11:52 AM
He's had two seasons at Premier League level now, plus exposure to European competition and has played alongside some of the best centre backs in the league...comparisons with all these Championship defenders aren't really helpful. He was at that level two years ago, and yes at that point £9m would have been excessive.

As for the money, there are two reasons why it isn't an issue. 1) like I said it seems like Cardiff have a few bob now so it's not like everything hinges on him being an unmitigated success, and 2) he's still very young and has a high pedigree - the chances of him being an outright flop are slim, and the chances of him continuing to improve and eventually turning a profit for Cardiff are high. Combine those two factors and you have a risk they can afford to take, which is likely to pay off anyway.

son_of_foley
July 31st, 2013, 12:04 PM
Long term the debts stay with the club's not the owners.
It's a club record deal it is without doubt a risk.
I don't think it will make much difference to the defending unit and instead funds would be better spent on attacking options

Alf
July 31st, 2013, 12:23 PM
We're signing some Romanian defender with a mental name to replace him APPAZ.

StevieV
July 31st, 2013, 1:24 PM
I'm slightly disappointed he's gone.

It's a good fee but I would've like to have seen him develop more at spurs.

Slare
July 31st, 2013, 2:04 PM
Jelavic for Celtic is circulating. Sounds mental but hey.

MikeHunt
July 31st, 2013, 2:13 PM
Surely not! I'd be really fucking pissed off.

Slare
July 31st, 2013, 2:20 PM
I think it's nonsense but it's gaining enough traction online to be worth mentioning just in case.

thetony
July 31st, 2013, 2:27 PM
We're signing some Romanian defender with a mental name to replace him APPAZ.

Vlad Chiriches for around the same fee. Was reading last night that it was close to a done deal and now I'm seeing otherwise. Hear his style of play is similar to Vertonghen's which makes me giddy.

MMH
July 31st, 2013, 2:28 PM
I think it's nonsense but it's gaining enough traction online to be worth mentioning just in case.

Been no mention of it up (down?) here.

Darkoke
July 31st, 2013, 2:45 PM
Jelavic for Celtic is circulating. Sounds mental but hey.

It's bollocks - Martinez has said he's very much part of his plans at Everton and seriously doubt given Lennon's history he'd want the baggage that'd come with that signing.

The striker Celtic are supposedly breaking the bank for isn't Doyle (thank fuck) or whoever else was mentioned the other day but Alfreo Finnbogason of SC Heerenveen. He apparently wants to play Champions League football and tweeted this the other day...

http://i.imgur.com/QUCPTxi.jpg

Lagom
July 31st, 2013, 2:47 PM
Maybe that's who we're going to spend our Suarez money on..

Bad Collin
July 31st, 2013, 2:48 PM
Celtic need to get on with buying Billy Sharp

RuneEdge
July 31st, 2013, 2:55 PM
So apparently Southampton had initially agreed to put a 15% sell on fee (as opposed to the 2.5% they eventually settled on) in the Bale to Spurs deal back in 2007, but...

Southampton waived that clause at a time when they were in financial difficulty, instead receiving around £1.5m and goalkeeper Tommy Forecast, and now stand to earn just £2m as opposed to £13m if Real sign Bale.

Ringo
July 31st, 2013, 7:21 PM
We were close to signing Vlad Chiriches earlier in the Summer supposedly, but Jose decided to go with Kalas for the 4th centre back spot instead. Interested to see how he does at Spurs.

Simon
August 1st, 2013, 4:11 AM
There's a Youtube video of him and all the clips are of him scoring ridiculous screamers, overhead kicks and going on mad runs.

Simon
August 1st, 2013, 5:31 AM
Soldado official, finally.

Alf
August 1st, 2013, 6:07 AM
So hang on, the thing with this Bale deal. Apparently we're saying we want three of theirs (Di Maria, Contreau, and Morata), with RM paying part of their wages. Plus 90m. That is ridiculous. That is BITE THEIR FUCKING HANDS off style incredible.

Adding Soldado, Paulinho, Chaldi, and the promising Romanian kid, that'd be an amazing window.

If levy pulls that deal off then that is just ridiculous. Utterly ridiculous.

Simon
August 1st, 2013, 6:10 AM
I don't doubt or a second we would ask for that. I can just about believe that Madrid would offer it. But how do you convince the players to come? Di Maria and Coentrao are established top class players, and Morata is supposedly the next big homegrown superstar...why would they want to come? Even if we had Champions League football I don't see why they would want to come when bigger clubs would be interested.

Mik
August 1st, 2013, 6:10 AM
You can't bite their hand off for something you are asking for. I want you to give me all of your money for a little song I'll sing for you...and I'll bite your hand off for that deal.

Alf
August 1st, 2013, 6:16 AM
They already offered Di Maria and Coentrao. But yeah, getting the players to agree is obviously, obviously, obviously a sticking point.

Alf
August 1st, 2013, 6:21 AM
You can't bite their hand off for something you are asking for. I want you to give me all of your money for a little song I'll sing for you...and I'll bite your hand off for that deal.

Oh yeah, sorry lads, I forgot it's illegal to talk in hypotheticals.

Weird.

Mik
August 1st, 2013, 6:39 AM
Its not a hypothetical mate, its just wrong.

Simon
August 1st, 2013, 6:44 AM
As things stand, we still have Bale and we have added two or arguably three players who are upgrades on our current first team. If we managed to keep Bale we would be fucking laughing. Come on Gareth you lovely boy, one more year. Come on.

MikeHunt
August 1st, 2013, 6:47 AM
Why would you want to keep him when they are offering mental cash and he's a walking injury?

Simon
August 1st, 2013, 6:50 AM
How is Bale a walking injury? As already explained, it's no use having money to spend if the market isn't there. If we can keep him another year, the current side would in my opinion surely qualify for the CL, he could go with our blessing and the huge (thought possibly slightly lower as he'd be closer to the end his contract) fee could be spent on a higher calibre of player. If he was willing to stay, it would be a no-brainer to keep him IMO.

MikeHunt
August 1st, 2013, 7:05 AM
He suffered knee and foot injuries that hampered his development when even younger I've read. With his style and quality of play its almost a certainty that he will get injured at some point due to him being a target for defenders and his speed. His head is clearly turned as well. Sell sell sell.

RFF Champ
August 1st, 2013, 7:06 AM
Plus that money will take years to arrive so wouldn't get spent this year.

Simon
August 1st, 2013, 7:13 AM
He suffered knee and foot injuries that hampered his development when even younger I've read. With his style and quality of play its almost a certainty that he will get injured at some point due to him being a target for defenders and his speed. His head is clearly turned as well. Sell sell sell.

He did his cruciate at one point but hasn't had problems since, only games he missed through injury last year were from an ankle turn that could have happened to anyone. He probably has a reputation as injury-prone because every time he gets a knock he acts like his career's ended, then two minutes later he's fine. The head turning thing is more of an issue but there's no reason to think that A) wanting to go to Madrid is the same as being desperate to leave, or B) missing out on his move will have a negative impact on his performances. Modric kicked up far more of a fuss two years ago than Bale has done (so far?) to the extent that he refused to play, but once it became clear he was staying, his performances were at the same level.

Alex - supposedly we are demanding most of/all the money up front.

What people seem to be forgetting in all the media bullshit is that we hold all the cards at the moment. Unless Bale throws a strop and goes on strike, Madrid have to play to our tune - he's our player, he's got three years left on his contract, Madrid have hamstrung themselves by making it a political nightmare if they don't get him...if he goes, it is entirely on our terms. If he does kick up a stink then it becomes more of a level playing field, but it doesn't seem like he is going to do that, and even if he does Levy has shown before that he won't be bullied by anyone, be it club, player or agent.

Alf
August 1st, 2013, 7:19 AM
Even if he throws a strop and goes on strike.

Darkoke
August 1st, 2013, 7:23 AM
The way I'm reading the stories today isn't that Spurs have asked for £100 million plus Di Maria, Coentrao and Morata it's that they're just asking for £100 million and Morata.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/jul/31/tottenham-gareth-bale-alvaro-morata

Andy
August 1st, 2013, 7:24 AM
So is it pretty much accepted that Real did bid 100 millions euros and it was turned down? That is absolute insanity.

Simon
August 1st, 2013, 7:28 AM
There are so many different rumours it's impossible to tell. Even the ITK has sort of dried up now because no one can get close enough to the deal to leak anything. But yeah it seems like their opening bid was €100m and we rejected it out of hand. Obviously they are looking for the political bonus of breaking the world record again, but opening the bidding at that level is batshit. Whatever happens it seems like we are going to bend them over a barrel and fuck them up the arse when it comes to the fee.

Alf
August 1st, 2013, 7:32 AM
Yeah that guardian thing was late yesterday, story changed over night. Who fucking knows though. It's all mental.

Simon
August 1st, 2013, 7:35 AM
http://s10.postimg.org/xpjsgcnmh/Untitled.png

Good lad, first things first.

Darkoke
August 1st, 2013, 7:35 AM
One of Real's ex-presidents has said that they're desperate to sign Bale because they fear losing Ronaldo in the near future.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/transfer-news-cristiano-ronaldo-exit-is-fuelling-gareth-bale-pursuit-claims-former-real-madrid-president-ramon-calderon-8741382.html

SheltonLondon
August 1st, 2013, 9:26 AM
That Louis kid from One Direction has signed for Doncaster Rovers. What the fuck!?!?!

Simon
August 1st, 2013, 9:27 AM
Just spoke to my mate whose dad is on the board there - just a publicity stunt but he's going to play a couple of reserve matches. Apparently he's been a season ticket there for years and used to work on the burger stand :lol:

Slare
August 1st, 2013, 10:19 AM
He must know there will be a massive target on his shins/ankle if he gets anywhere near a football pitch?

JP
August 1st, 2013, 10:48 AM
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

That is amazing!

Peter Griffin
August 1st, 2013, 12:26 PM
Tottenham's quest to sign a new defender was rejected in a telephone rant by a madcap club owner - from his prison cell.
Spurs are looking to bring in a centre-half following Steven Caulker's surprise sale to Cardiff City.
They thought they had completed the deal after a £7 million offer for Romania international Vlad Chiriches was accepted by Steaua Bucharest.
But a disagreement about the timing of the transfer led Steaua's eccentric owner Gigi Becali to renege on the deal, in a furious telephone call from his prison cell.
Steaua coach Mihai Stoica, who is looking forward to a Champions League qualifier next week, told the Romanian press that his boss launched into a furious tirade, quoting Becali as saying:
"Who are Tottenham? Do not do any transfer, my name is Gigi Becali, I'm not a slave to anybody! We have an important game in the Champions League, why can’t they wait?
"Until winter he will not leave under any circumstances. This could be a blow to Chiriches, but he should understand. He owes a lot to Steaua. Things are good, we are in qualifying for the Champions League. We are in good shape.
"They made a big mistake. They sparked anger in Gigi."

:rofl:

Source:Yahoo sport.

SheltonLondon
August 1st, 2013, 12:46 PM
Gigi Becali is an absolute crackpot, must have heard them talk about him 100 times on The Football Ramble, some of his quotes are unbelievable! Don't think Spurs will be getting that lad then!

Simon
August 1st, 2013, 2:04 PM
Wasn't it him who said of another team's chairman "I'm going to shove that gypsy back up his mother"?

da_man
August 1st, 2013, 4:56 PM
For the fee being talked about for Bale I would drive him there myself if I was Daniel Levy. Bale's all-round game isn't at that world class level. You can't make a career out of banging in 30 yarders. You might have a ridiculous season where 10 of them fly in like last season but his luck will run out at some point. Always sell at the top of a player's value if you're not one of the elite clubs.

Lagom
August 1st, 2013, 6:25 PM
We have seemingly bid €25m for Diego Costa. From what I can gather, he is an absolute shitbox in the Suarez mould. If we get him, and somehow manage to keep Suarez, I'm going to be fucking giddy.

If we could somehow offload Downing (yes) and Skrtel (no), and get Papadopoulos and a cover left back, that would be a decent window. Aside from the Reina-Napoli stuff, leaving us with piss poor Jones as backup again.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 1st, 2013, 7:11 PM
For the fee being talked about for Bale I would drive him there myself if I was Daniel Levy. Bale's all-round game isn't at that world class level. You can't make a career out of banging in 30 yarders. You might have a ridiculous season where 10 of them fly in like last season but his luck will run out at some point. Always sell at the top of a player's value if you're not one of the elite clubs.

I agree, Bale can be a match-winner at times but he's also not really consistent enough. He's no where near as good as Cristiano Ronaldo is or was and shouldn't be commanding the same fee. Bale relies a lot on blistering pace and twatting shots from miles away, I get the feeling that more sophisticated defenders in the CL will work him out and he won't be as effective. There's not a lot of variety to his game at this point. Also, it's hard to see how he will fit in to the Real Madrid team. Isco and Ozil are excellent attacking midfielders, Ronaldo is already a greedy bastard who scores a lot more goals. Maybe Real are afraid of losing Ronaldo, it would seem to make sense, but it's not immediately apparently where Bale goes in there. They might not bother buying another striker and let Ronaldo play up front, but he wouldn't have the positional discipline to play there for a whole season, he'll want to wander about. You can't have two guys in the same team who wonder about twatting shots from miles away.

The problem with Spurs selling their best players isn't even really the "selling club" part of it, it's that they tend to wait so long and then eventually give in at the point where it's too late to do anything about it for that season, so they're continually catching up. If they're serious about keeping Bale for another season then it's fine, but if they eventually sell him next month then it'll be a serious misjudgement. I'd take that enormous fee as well and spend the next 4 weeks trying to get in 3-4 good attacking players.

Simon
August 1st, 2013, 7:24 PM
Who though? There are only a handful of players that are both better than what we have and realistically achievable. Eriksen and Lamela are the only ones we have been linked with that seem gettable.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 1st, 2013, 11:10 PM
What do you mean who? There are loads of good players around, that's why Spurs employ scouts and guys like Baldini. I'm not saying spend exactly £80 million on them, but use the money to back it up. It's not worth drawing out the Bale move when such an absurd amount of money is on the table. He's a very good player but I'm struggling to see how he's worth that much money to anyone. He's not so good that Spurs will die on their arse without him and, in fact, getting in 2-3 good players and relieving themselves of the uncertainty over Bale would leave the team in a better position.

What's more, I think the transfer window slows down because of this stuff, while everyone waits for Real Madrid, PSG, City and Monaco to blow their loads on players they probably don't really need.

son_of_foley
August 2nd, 2013, 4:47 AM
We have seemingly bid €25m for Diego Costa. From what I can gather, he is an absolute shitbox in the Suarez mould. If we get him, and somehow manage to keep Suarez, I'm going to be fucking giddy.

If we could somehow offload Downing (yes) and Skrtel (no), and get Papadopoulos and a cover left back, that would be a decent window. Aside from the Reina-Napoli stuff, leaving us with piss poor Jones as backup again.

Whilst I understand the frustration of having Jones as backup there is no way that it makes sense to have Mingolet and Reina at the same club.

MMH
August 2nd, 2013, 4:49 AM
Is there really that big a drop off between Bale and Di Maria?

Simon
August 2nd, 2013, 4:52 AM
I reckon we're only one more rejection away from actually proving all the gagmeisters right and signing Carlton Cole on a free.

http://www.spurs-web.com/spurs-news/carlton-cole-training-spurs/

Carlton Cole’s agent has revealed the striker is training with Spurs after failing to join Saint-Etienne.

The striker left West Ham United at the end of last season and had been tipped to move to France, but the move fell through and the player returned to England.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0z_Qqnq8pI8

:simon:

Rip
August 2nd, 2013, 10:38 AM
We've had a bid finally accepted fro Gomis, personal terms were sorted out last week so hopefully deal done today :hyper:

El Capitano Gatisto
August 2nd, 2013, 11:16 AM
Is there really that big a drop off between Bale and Di Maria?

I don't think so. Di Maria is a class player. Real Madrid sometimes don't just need players to be good but to have a status. It also makes sense that signing Bale is a direct response to Barca getting Neymar, just to re-assert themselves as big buyers.

MMH
August 2nd, 2013, 11:38 AM
I don't think so. Di Maria is a class player. Real Madrid sometimes don't just need players to be good but to have a status. It also makes sense that signing Bale is a direct response to Barca getting Neymar, just to re-assert themselves as big buyers.

Yeah, im thinking more from Spurs side really. Both are quality players and you would be getting ridiculous money on top of a swap of very similar standard players. Not a bad deal for Spurs at all if they could get it.

SheltonLondon
August 2nd, 2013, 11:45 AM
I think it was said that Di Maria didn't fancy moving to London, sure I've read that on one of the reports the past couple of days. Sounds like Real don't want to let that Morata go and Coentrao has pulled out of their squad to face us apparently. 1am start tomorrow night, better be watching MMH!

El Capitano Gatisto
August 2nd, 2013, 11:47 AM
Yeah, im thinking more from Spurs side really. Both are quality players and you would be getting ridiculous money on top of a swap of very similar standard players. Not a bad deal for Spurs at all if they could get it.

Why would di Maria go to Spurs, though? It'd be a massive step down for him. If he was available to leave I'm sure he could go to another club playing in the CL quite easily.

Fanny
August 2nd, 2013, 2:58 PM
Celtic, for instance.

Simon
August 3rd, 2013, 12:02 PM
Clint Dempsey's gone to Seattle in the MLS.

MMH
August 3rd, 2013, 12:11 PM
Why would di Maria go to Spurs, though? It'd be a massive step down for him. If he was available to leave I'm sure he could go to another club playing in the CL quite easily.

Dunno. Maybe nobody else could afford him which would limit his options. Most places are a step down from Real Madrid but Spurs are still a decent club to play for.

Simon
August 5th, 2013, 9:25 AM
http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/uploadedImages/Shared_Assets/Images/News_images/SEASON_13-14/Players_-_1st_team/Roberto_Soldado/soldado730.jpg?n=2241&targetTypeID=HighResNewsImage

:yes:

Chris Scott
August 5th, 2013, 9:30 AM
Has Defoe been linked away from Spurs yet?

Simon
August 5th, 2013, 9:37 AM
Yeah...to QPR. No chance will he go there in a World Cup year. No other links as yet, the assumption for a while was that he would stay as Adebayor was leaving, but Adebayor's brother has just died which understandably has made it difficult for talks to take place between him and other clubs.

Incidentally, Julio Cesar is still at QPR and wasn't included in the squad on the weekend, but I've not heard anything about him going since Arsenal were linked at the start of the summer - less than a month for him to find a move or forget about the World Cup, probably his last and in his home country.

Gary J
August 5th, 2013, 9:47 AM
West Brom are supposedly after Defoe.

Simon
August 5th, 2013, 9:49 AM
I saw yesterday that they have signed Diego Lugano, presumably he's gone to shit over the last couple of years because a while back he was one of the best around. Lugano and Olsson isn't the quickest centre back pairing.

Gary J
August 5th, 2013, 9:53 AM
Don't know if he's shit now but he may have not playing regularly due to Thiago Silva and Sakho being a pretty good partnership.

Simon
August 5th, 2013, 9:55 AM
Sakho wasn't playing much either was he, we're being linked with him now because he's supposedly unhappy at being third or fourth choice. I think it was Silva and Alex for PSG usually.

Andy
August 5th, 2013, 10:03 AM
I don't think it's fair to presume he's turned shit just because Silva and Alex are playing ahead of him.

Simon
August 5th, 2013, 10:05 AM
More that he's turned shit because he's not gone to a bigger team than West Brom. He's only 32.

Gary J
August 5th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Sakho wasn't playing much either was he, we're being linked with him now because he's supposedly unhappy at being third or fourth choice. I think it was Silva and Alex for PSG usually.

To be honest I was only going by champions league highlights as to how PSG pick so no idea if Sakho is regular choice.

Ringo
August 5th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Lugano did play poorly at PSG, fell out of favour and went on loan to Malaga. Not really sure how he did there but I know he's come in for a lot of criticism from the Uruguayans regarding his performances for the national team.

Simon
August 6th, 2013, 9:23 AM
http://distilleryimage2.ak.instagram.com/aa2d6b56fe8811e2b4cc22000a1fbe13_7.jpg

Bernard is in London and seemingly staying at the Park Lane Hilton. Reasonable to assume it's for talks with either us or Arsenal (or both) seeing as Atletico Mineiro have openly said they are selling him and we've both been linked. He's also been linked with Porto who won't meet their valuation, and Shakhtar who have met the valuation but he doesn't want to go there.

EDIT: Nope, seems he was staying overnight to get a connecting flight to the Ukraine.

Ringo
August 6th, 2013, 9:29 AM
:lol:

Slare
August 6th, 2013, 10:56 AM
That was incredibly Partridge-esque there Simon, loved it.

Mik
August 6th, 2013, 11:05 AM
Cringe.

Simon
August 6th, 2013, 11:27 AM
Turns out he has been here for talks as well so suck all your mums.

The Rosk
August 6th, 2013, 12:18 PM
Spurs thread for a reason. No one gives a shit about someone who I can probably guarantee Simon previously hadn't heard of until some cunt ITK put a picture up on WEARETHEYIDZBUTDONTCALLUSYIDZORWEWILLCRY.CUNT/FORUM.

Simon
August 6th, 2013, 12:23 PM
Yeah I hadn't heard of one of the most highly-rated young players in the Brazilian game who we've been linked with for the past year and who was involved in the Confederations Cup a month ago. If you haven't at least heard of Bernard I can probably guarantee you haven't been paying attention. Tell us more about Helenius, Okore and all the other players you've seen from your regular viewing of the Danish league.

The Rosk
August 6th, 2013, 12:54 PM
AND THATS OUTTA THE PARK!!!!!111

Simon
August 6th, 2013, 2:44 PM
:cool:

Bad Collin
August 6th, 2013, 5:13 PM
Suarez is "Injured" now. Fucking hell, what a load of bollocks.

Mik
August 6th, 2013, 7:03 PM
You just need to let that poor young lad go.

MikeHunt
August 6th, 2013, 7:03 PM
Spurs thread for a reason. No one gives a shit about someone who I can probably guarantee Simon previously hadn't heard of until some cunt ITK put a picture up on WEARETHEYIDZBUTDONTCALLUSYIDZORWEWILLCRY.CUNT/FORUM.

Hahahahahahaha! Amazing!

Ringo
August 6th, 2013, 7:08 PM
Assuming these quotes are true:

However, in quotes reported in The Guardian and the Daily Telegraph, Suarez said the Anfield club are breaching a contractual agreement and that he is willing to take his case to the Premier League.

"Last year I had the opportunity to move to a big European club and I stayed on the understanding that, if we failed to qualify for the Champions League the following season, I'd be allowed to go," he said.

"I gave absolutely everything last season but it was not enough to give us a top-four finish. Now all I want is for Liverpool to honour our agreement."

Suarez: We have the written contract

And Suarez says he will take further steps if the Reds continue to block his move to London.

"I have the club's word and we have the written contract and we are happy to take this to the Premier League for them to decide the case, but I do not want it to come to that," he said.

"I don't feel betrayed but the club promised me something a year ago, just as I promised them that I would stay and try everything possible to get us into the Champions League.

"They gave me their word a year ago and now I want them to honour that. And it is not just something verbal with the coach but something that is written in the contract. I'm not going to another club to hurt Liverpool."

Looking forward to Suarez raising some hell.

Mik
August 6th, 2013, 7:10 PM
Very well written statement. It appears he's learning from his media training at Liverplol.

Andy
August 6th, 2013, 7:10 PM
So this saga continues and we're no closer to signing a keeper, centre back, midfielder or winger. :zzz:

Chris Scott
August 6th, 2013, 7:19 PM
Number one concern must be to not let him go toAarsenal at any costs. Puts us way back if we do. Letting him go anywhere overseas still gives us a chance. Letting him go to arsenal puts us back down.

Also he needs to put his money where his mouth is and submit that fucking request. Do more than just talk especially when your manager and most of your team mates are in Norway preparing for a friendly. Hope the club stay strong now, it sounds like desperation from the Suarez camp going public like this knowing his dream move to Madrid might not be happening.

Mik
August 6th, 2013, 7:25 PM
Surely why should he need to submit a transfer request if its written into his contract that he'll be allowed a transfer if you dont make it into the Champions League?

Chris Scott
August 6th, 2013, 7:27 PM
That is isn't 100% true is it about his contract?

Chris Scott
August 6th, 2013, 7:35 PM
Well if it is, to me it all comes down to who dictates the terms. Whatever we ended up doing, I want it to be on our terms. I don't particularly care about the interview; modern footballer in acting like modern footballer shocker. It's not really any more or less disrespectful of the club than some of his antics on the pitch. The only bit that gets under my skin is the timing of it all. Camp Suarez couldn't have come out with this in June? Or even in January? It was pretty clear then we weren't getting 4th. They waited as long as they could and its going to drag on and on.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 6th, 2013, 7:50 PM
What Suarez is doing is no more disrespectful to the club than Liverpool getting rid of Reina and Carroll against their will and trying the same with Downing is to those players as professional footballers. It's how the game works and loyalty only seems to work one way in football supporters minds. Suarez is useful for the club and that's also why they have defended him in the fallout from his antics. That's also why the fans keep cheering him and why they've got on the backs of players deemed not useful. I think he is spot on to seek a move to a Champion's League side at his age. These summer dramas just get tedious, but I have much more time for Suarez openly stating he wants a move (he has done repeatedly) than the shitty little leakage of rumour and innuendo that has happened with Bale and Rooney, that seems as much about hedging bets in the hope of a new contract as it does about genuinely wanting to make a career move.

Chris Scott
August 6th, 2013, 7:54 PM
Yep I have no problem with that because clubs are just as bad when it comes to selling players he just could have easily made this fuss as soon as January was over and not bitched about the press.

MMH
August 6th, 2013, 8:27 PM
Manchester United switch transfer targets to Marouane Fellaini of Everton and give up on Cesc FabregasAlex Livesey

David Moyes has launched a bid for Marouane Fellaini - signalling the end of Manchester United's pursuit of Cesc Fabregas.
United boss Moyes has returned to Everton, the club he left for the champions (http://www.mirror.co.uk/all-about/manchester%20united%20fc) last month, for the Belgium midfielder - who has had a £23.5million buy-out clause allowing him to move to a Champions League club this summer.

However, it is understood that United's valuation is not as high as that, so the clubs could be set for a tussle over his services even though Moyes is desperate to strengthen his midfield (http://www.mirror.co.uk/all-about/manchester%20united%20transfer%20news).

Well you aint going to get him then are you ginger bollocked prick.

No offence Mik..

Peter Griffin
August 6th, 2013, 8:31 PM
Ten years service to your club, give the guy some fucking respect ;)

MMH
August 7th, 2013, 3:18 AM
Ten years service to your club, give the guy some fucking respect ;)

11 actually...

And we did pay him during that time!

El Capitano Gatisto
August 7th, 2013, 3:56 AM
Wolfsburg have apparently had a bid accepted for Luis Gustavo at Bayern. I think a few teams might be missing a trick there if he signs for them. He's a very good all round central midfielder going at a reasonable enough price.

Bad Collin
August 7th, 2013, 4:00 AM
Why can't a foreign club just come along and end this tedious saga? We are trying to close the gap to fourth not widen it by selling them a world class striker. Let him go on strike, let him go to the courts - we can't sell him to Arsenal.

Simon
August 7th, 2013, 4:16 AM
Well if it is, to me it all comes down to who dictates the terms. Whatever we ended up doing, I want it to be on our terms. I don't particularly care about the interview; modern footballer in acting like modern footballer shocker. It's not really any more or less disrespectful of the club than some of his antics on the pitch. The only bit that gets under my skin is the timing of it all. Camp Suarez couldn't have come out with this in June? Or even in January? It was pretty clear then we weren't getting 4th. They waited as long as they could and its going to drag on and on.
He's been saying since the start of summer that he wants to leave hasn't he? And you can't expect him to submit a transfer request and forego loyalty payments if he believes his contract states that he can leave without submitting one if his release fee his met.

The Rosk
August 7th, 2013, 6:07 AM
Take 40million for the cunt. He'll only play on the wing (when not suspended) for Arsenal anyway.

Hlebsfall
August 7th, 2013, 6:20 AM
http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/06/arsenal-give-trial-to-angers-star-alharbi-el-jadeyaoui-ahead-of-possible-transfer-3913246/?ITO=news-sitemap

Arsenal give trial to a 26 year old lower French league player, who Blackburn didn't fancy 4 years ago.

TOP TOP QUALITY

Chris Scott
August 7th, 2013, 6:56 AM
Take 40million for the cunt. He'll only play on the wing (when not suspended) for Arsenal anyway.

Why when he's worth 50 million in this day and age.

RuneEdge
August 7th, 2013, 7:01 AM
Other than Madrid, who's going to pay 50m for him? Monaco and PSG have already paid huge amounts for Falcao and Cavani, so I cant imagine them going for another 50m striker.

Mik
August 7th, 2013, 7:14 AM
Wigan signing James McClean for any money at all...smart move Paulo.

Phil Thompson talking absolute shit on SSN about Suarez, get someone unbiased for fucks sake.

Peter Griffin
August 7th, 2013, 7:39 AM
11 actually...

And we did pay him during that time!

Well sure but are you really going to begrudge the man the chance to manage Man Utd? He seems a decent bloke, To my knowledge hes not disparaged the club, so im not sure your calling him a ginger bollocked cunt or whatever the quote was. ;)

MMH
August 7th, 2013, 7:42 AM
Well sure but are you really going to begrudge the man the chance to manage Man Utd? He seems a decent bloke, To my knowledge hes not disparaged the club, so im not sure your calling him a ginger bollocked cunt or whatever the quote was. ;)

He lied to us about when he knew he was taking over at United. And now he is coming back for our players with derisory bids when he used to have a dig at other clubs doing the same (Lescott and City for example).

To be fair I wasnt that much of a fan of his when he was here though. Hes alright but hes just another manager now and can fuck right off with his shit bids.

MMH
August 7th, 2013, 7:46 AM
Why when he's worth 50 million in this day and age.

As mentioned above who is going to pay that for him though?

He has two years left on his deal (I think?) and wants to move. Hes got you over a barrel really as you wont get 40M for him come January/next summer.

I think to get 50 you would need a bidding war.

Peter Griffin
August 7th, 2013, 7:47 AM
Well thats your opinion, But im fairly sure Everton would be worse off than they are now if it wasnt for Moyes.

Peter Griffin
August 7th, 2013, 7:48 AM
As mentioned above who is going to pay that for him though?

He has two years left on his deal (I think?) and wants to move. Hes got you over a barrel really as you wont get 40M for him come January/next summer.

I think to get 50 you would need a bidding war.

Plus hes very likely to be a massive liability to whoever signs him which has to be taken into account surely?

MMH
August 7th, 2013, 7:52 AM
Well thats your opinion, But im fairly sure Everton would be worse off than they are now if it wasnt for Moyes.

Did I say we wouldnt be? Doesnt mean that nobody else is capable of doing the job though. There is a breath of fresh air around the club now it had got stale. It will certainly be interesting to see what he does at United.

To put the Fellaini thing in perspective here. We paid 15M for him. He has improved as a player whilst here, has a few years still to run on his contract and has a 23/24M get out clause.

So why are they playing funny beggars with us? We aint gonna sell him for less than the clause fee. Just pay it and stop disrupting our team.

MMH
August 7th, 2013, 7:53 AM
Plus hes very likely to be a massive liability to whoever signs him which has to be taken into account surely?

Probably not to be honest, clubs will always assume that they can change him. Hes done some proper knobhead stuff but its not like he is in trouble away from the pitch with police convictions etc.

Peter Griffin
August 7th, 2013, 7:55 AM
At no point did I say hes the only man capable for the job, But as a outsider it just seems like he did a bloody good job, All im saying.

Has the Fellaini story been confirmed? Because as far as I know its a article in a paper at this point. Not saying it isnt true, Just wondering.

MMH
August 7th, 2013, 8:00 AM
At no point did I say hes the only man capable for the job, But as a outsider it just seems like he did a bloody good job, All im saying.

Has the Fellaini story been confirmed? Because as far as I know its a article in a paper at this point. Not saying it isnt true, Just wondering.

I still didnt say he didnt do a good job! He didnt perform "miracles" as some put it though. If he is going to be a success at United he needs to get a winners mentality in him though.

Yeah its paper talk with Fellaini for now, the Baines one was true though, 12M was a shocking bid.

Chris Scott
August 7th, 2013, 8:11 AM
I don't know if it has been mentioned but last season FSG specifically said that 4th was not a requirement for Rodgers in his first season and that he was not expected to get it. Suarez so signs a contract extension at this time. Point being that if we were not expecting to get 4th, why would we make any sort of agreement with Suarez is beyond me, strange strange decision.

Simon
August 7th, 2013, 8:24 AM
I still didnt say he didnt do a good job! He didnt perform "miracles" as some put it though. If he is going to be a success at United he needs to get a winners mentality in him though.

Well define miracles - by most accepted indicators he overperformed in the job. As I mentioned the other day I'm reading Why England Lose at the moment so I have all this stuff rattling around inside my head - transfer fees aren't a massive indicator of success, but wages are consistently almost exactly in line with Premier League perfornance, and Everton have consistently overperformed under Moyes. Last year you finished sixth despite having the tenth highest wages in the league. So yeah it's not like he's a modern-day alchemist but it's fair to say he's made you a lot better than you 'should' be given the money he's had to work with.

RE. Suarez - I don't know how accurate this is but it's worth considering the possibility that, over here at least, his commercial/marketing value is probably quite low because of the media and public perception of him. Seemingly this is why we are able to get so much for Bale when he's arguably not as good a footballer as Suarez - he's seen as the next big superstar of world football, and is quickly becoming a brand in his own right, his image is worth ludicrous amounts of money even while he's still at a relatively small club. Even in the modern game with huge prize money at stake no player would be worth £50m for his footballing ability alone, so for a player whose commercial appeal is relatively low compared to his footballing ability isn't it reasonable to think that his overall value would be unusually low? Again, I don't know how relevant this is to foreign markets where he presumably wouldn't have the same stigma attached.

MMH
August 7th, 2013, 8:35 AM
Well define miracles - by most accepted indicators he overperformed in the job. As I mentioned the other day I'm reading Why England Lose at the moment so I have all this stuff rattling around inside my head - transfer fees aren't a massive indicator of success, but wages are consistently almost exactly in line with Premier League perfornance, and Everton have consistently overperformed under Moyes. Last year you finished sixth despite having the tenth highest wages in the league. So yeah it's not like he's a modern-day alchemist but it's fair to say he's made you a lot better than you 'should' be given the money he's had to work with.

Our wages during his time at the club have usually bounced between 6th and 10th, which is where we have finished. His wages were one of the highest around themselves though.

It’s a tough one I suppose, to me as a football fan im not going to parade around with a copy of the league table saying we come 6th etc. We, like any other fan, want to win things which is something he never did. He got us into positions to do so and then could never get us over the final hurdle due to shitting himself when we had to face one of the big clubs (and Liverpool…)

No wins at Anfield, throwing a derby, a 7-0 loss etc. They are things that always nag at me regardless of the good he did, and he did do good stuff, he gave us a bit of pride back and ill always be thankful to him for that. At the end of the day though other than looking at graphs and spreadsheets about what he did well for us we have nothing palpable to show for it. If he was just a bit braver in certain situations we would have.

He got a titty lip on every season too, usually at the start of them which didn’t help with our “notoriously slow starts” something he never managed to rectify until the last season.

Im still fuming that he made a shitty bid for Baines whilst still technically our manager.

Good book that by the way. :yes:

Mik
August 7th, 2013, 8:52 AM
I don't know if it has been mentioned but last season FSG specifically said that 4th was not a requirement for Rodgers in his first season and that he was not expected to get it. Suarez so signs a contract extension at this time. Point being that if we were not expecting to get 4th, why would we make any sort of agreement with Suarez is beyond me, strange strange decision.

He maybe said 'I want to leave to go and get Champions League football' and they maybe said 'Stay one more year and try and help us get Champions League football and if we dont, then we'll let you go to a club that can offer you that'. One does not necessarily preclude the other.

Simon
August 7th, 2013, 9:03 AM
Barca have bid for Luiz from Chelsea.

Bad Collin
August 7th, 2013, 9:15 AM
Good, hopefully they get him and stop sniffing around Dagger. How much do you reckon? I would guess £30m

Andy
August 7th, 2013, 2:11 PM
Didn't Chelsea spend about that much on him? I reckon at least £40m.

I think he's improved a lot but to think Barcelona want him to solve their defensive problems is madness.

Ringo
August 7th, 2013, 2:26 PM
He cost about £21m + Nemanja Matic. The bid is supposedly around £35m which I'm sure will be rejected immediately. I don't think we're going to find a better replacement, we don't need the money and apparently he doesn't want to leave so I'm hoping this will be put to bed quickly. Only questions are whether Mourinho actually rates him (obviously all conjecture and he's been praising him a lot lately) or if Barca convince him and he agitates for a move...

El Capitano Gatisto
August 7th, 2013, 2:39 PM
This could have an effect on the Fabregas move too since it seems unlikely Barca will be able to afford both Luiz and Neymar with only getting rid of Thiago and Villa. They probably need another defender again, anyway, even if they get Luiz in. Unless they plan on still using Song and Mascherano as back-up defenders, or they think they can get Song and Sanchez off the books.

RuneEdge
August 7th, 2013, 2:59 PM
Sanchez has looked good in preseason so I reckon they'll keep him. Villa apparently was a huge relief on the wages and Neymar's expected to bring in shirt sales and what not, so maybe one more signing like Luiz might be just within their reach.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 7th, 2013, 11:14 PM
It seems like it might be in Liverpool's best interests now just to say "fuck it" and call up Arsenal and tell them to split the difference for Suarez' fee, let him go for £45 million. He's more trouble than he is worth at this point and it doesn't seem a good idea to let it go on for 3 more weeks. Just get rid and let Arsenal deal with him, try to get another couple of attacking players in before the deadline. Christian Atsu was linked for a very low fee but it seems nothing ever came of it. Suarez is a great player but he's a real fucking headache now, even bearing in mind what a complete bastard he has been in the past. Rooney and Bale are going about it a bit more underhand by staying quiet and leaking stories rather than forcing the issue.

Simon
August 8th, 2013, 4:18 AM
Don't listen to him Liverpool, either keep him in your stiffs or fuck him off to Europe.

Simon
August 8th, 2013, 4:19 AM
L'Equipe reckon we're on the verge of signing Etienne Capoue from Toulouse :dunno:

Simon
August 8th, 2013, 5:32 AM
Bernard has signed for Shakhtar

Mik
August 8th, 2013, 8:42 AM
It just came out yesterday that MoN very nearly signed 34 year old Kevin Davies to a two and a half year deal last year.

The more that comes out, the more clear it is that he didnt have a clue what he was doing.

Simon
August 8th, 2013, 8:47 AM
Fabregas has told United to get fucked off. Moyes is making a bit of a bollocks of the first couple of months at the club IMO.

MMH
August 8th, 2013, 9:01 AM
L'Equipe reckon we're on the verge of signing Etienne Capoue from Toulouse :dunno:

Quality signing if true. I would have been more than happy with him replacing Fellaini if Fellaini was to go.

Peter Griffin
August 8th, 2013, 9:05 AM
Fabregas has told United to get fucked off. Moyes is making a bit of a bollocks of the first couple of months at the club IMO.

Why has it taken a month for him to tell them where to go?

Mik
August 8th, 2013, 9:11 AM
Haha, Luis Suarez driving into Liverpool singing in his car like he doesnt have a care in the world. Got to love him.

Simon
August 8th, 2013, 9:14 AM
Why has it taken a month for him to tell them where to go?

Probably he thought that Barca specifically saying on a number of occasions that his sale was "impossible" would be enough. He's not obliged to give interviews confirming that he doesn't want to go, as long as Barca knew that's all that matters. He's not obliged to help United with their transfer activity by getting them to move on quickly.

Rip
August 8th, 2013, 10:40 AM
Marseille have signed Saber Khelifa from Evian so hopefully Lyon will now stop dicking about and let Gomis finally sign for us.

Gary J
August 8th, 2013, 11:02 AM

How has he screwed up so far? They've not played any competitive games yet so can't judge him on that.

If you are referring to the lack of signings again why should he be trying to make wholesale changes to a squad that walked away with the league. You could maybe question the way the club have been open about Fabregas but thats been the club mainly rather then Moyes.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 8th, 2013, 12:05 PM

How is that anything to do with Moyes? He wasn't the one making the bids or talking to Barcelona. He obviously wanted Fabregas which was a great idea but someone involved in talking to Barca should have let him know earlier that it wasn't happening.

United do look stupid, however. It seems highly unlikely this went on for so long with no encouragement from somewhere but Fabregas did say in June he wasn't leaving. If they go for Fellaini now, which would be a very good signing, it looks like incompetence given that a clause has been publicised that supposedly has expired. Maybe it was never there but it looks bad.

To blame Moyes for the Rooney situation as well would be nonsense. That is 100% down to a player and his reps looking for a better deal and trying to be as underhand about it as possible.

MMH
August 8th, 2013, 12:13 PM
How is that anything to do with Moyes? He wasn't the one making the bids or talking to Barcelona. He obviously wanted Fabregas which was a great idea but someone involved in talking to Barca should have let him know earlier that it wasn't happening.

United do look stupid, however. It seems highly unlikely this went on for so long with no encouragement from somewhere but Fabregas did say in June he wasn't leaving. If they go for Fellaini now, which would be a very good signing, it looks like incompetence given that a clause has been publicised that supposedly has expired. Maybe it was never there but it looks bad.

To blame Moyes for the Rooney situation as well would be nonsense. That is 100% down to a player and his reps looking for a better deal and trying to be as underhand about it as possible.

The clause is there, it expires mid August. The club have confirmed that.

There is obviously a major issue between Rooney and Moyes. To be fair Moyes hasnt helped the situation by saying hes a great back up for RVP. Even if thats true you dont just come out and say it.

Beefy
August 8th, 2013, 12:25 PM

Not sure I agree with that. It seems more about United marginalising a player who is no longer their main man.

There is obviously a major issue between Rooney and Moyes. To be fair Moyes hasnt helped the situation by saying hes a great back up for RVP. Even if thats true you dont just come out and say it.

Exactly. Whilst it was a small part of a much larger press conference, that was a crazy thing to say and certainly seemed to me to be them trying to force Rooney out.

son_of_foley
August 8th, 2013, 12:43 PM
Not sure I agree with that. It seems more about United marginalising a player who is no longer their main man.

Exactly. Whilst it was a small part of a much larger press conference, that was a crazy thing to say and certainly seemed to me to be them trying to force Rooney out.

I thought the indication was he would be a first teamer as a secondary striker but if RVP was out he would be the focal point of the attack

El Capitano Gatisto
August 8th, 2013, 1:00 PM
The clause is there, it expires mid August. The club have confirmed that.

Most reports now are that Fellaini's clause expired on July 31st, I did read previously that it was August 14th. Where have Everton confirmed the existence of it? Seems unlikely they would do so, although obviously Moyes would know anyway.

What Moyes said about Rooney is a red herring that Rooney's team conveniently jumped on. The stories about him being unhappy have trickled out well before then and I feel it was opportunistic more than anything. The most important quote on Rooney this summer came from Woodward, variously printed but here: http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/jul/14/wayne-rooney-manchester-united

The last stand-off between Rooney and the club ended when he got a massive new contract when he just off the back of the best season in his career. This issue would probably have ended pretty soon too if Rooney was handed a new contract. I think his reps feel he can get a better deal elsewhere as United probably have serious reservations over handing a new contract to a player who has consistently shown a poor attitude. Rooney marginalised himself last year by being very over-weight, listless on the pitch and out of form for much of the season. There is absolutely no reason why he and Van Persie cannot play together if both are fit, which is why I see that throw-away Moyes line as irrelevant (and basically sof sums up the significance of it, there is no indication in the comment at all that Wayne Rooney is seen as a reserve player nor has there been in anything Moyes has said).

As a player I don't think he justifies a wage increase. The worry is that Chelsea and Mourinho would get a good year out of him and United would look very silly indeed, but I don't think there is any question that Rooney's best days are behind him now. Physically he is only on the way down. I don't think United would be averse to selling him if he won't agree to a new contract at the same or a reduced wage, however, they probably didn't bank on Chelsea being the only club in for him.

MMH
August 8th, 2013, 1:15 PM
Most reports now are that Fellaini's clause expired on July 31st, I did read previously that it was August 14th. Where have Everton confirmed the existence of it? Seems unlikely they would do so, although obviously Moyes would know anyway.

In a press conference when Martinez was appointed. The clause is certainly there but the date hasnt been confirmed or anything. That said in the past Moyes said there was no clause so god knows.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 8th, 2013, 1:23 PM
I can't see Everton letting him go without getting a bid of close to £30 million if there is no clause, so we'll soon find out I suppose. The reports of a double bid for Baines and Fellaini at £30 million just seem brainless, either on behalf of the people reporting it as a real fee or if someone actually thinks that works as a bid at the football club.

Football365 had a good article which made the point that if Alex Ferguson signed Fellaini, it would be seen as a great signing but Moyes making it simply looks bad, which is true to an extent. I think he would probably be an even better signing than Fabregas to be honest, as Kagawa is already there, but Everton paid big bucks for Fellaini and he has improved since then so it'll take a serious bid.

MMH
August 8th, 2013, 1:35 PM
I can't see Everton letting him go without getting a bid of close to £30 million if there is no clause, so we'll soon find out I suppose. The reports of a double bid for Baines and Fellaini at £30 million just seem brainless, either on behalf of the people reporting it as a real fee or if someone actually thinks that works as a bid at the football club.

Football365 had a good article which made the point that if Alex Ferguson signed Fellaini, it would be seen as a great signing but Moyes making it simply looks bad, which is true to an extent. I think he would probably be an even better signing than Fabregas to be honest, as Kagawa is already there, but Everton paid big bucks for Fellaini and he has improved since then so it'll take a serious bid.

Yeah I dont know what they are thinking if the 30M for both rumour is true. Its quite insulting really. 30M for each may make us listen but thus far neither have said they want to leave and both are tied down into decent contracts length wise. I would like to think that the club wouldnt just leave Martinez in the lurch by getting rid of our two best players for rubbish money to our ex manager, it would make us look majorly small time.

We were linked with Anderson as part of a swap deal today. Fucking Anderson! He hasnt been good for like 5 years. Throw in Kagawa or Hernandez maybe but Anderson? They may as well offer Bebe as well.

turdpower
August 8th, 2013, 1:39 PM
Anderson is great mate, you'll love watching his tits bounce as he chases back his own misplaced pass.

The Rosk
August 8th, 2013, 1:53 PM
Gervinho has left Arsenal. No surprises there, he was utter fucking cack.

Andy
August 8th, 2013, 2:02 PM
Haven't signed a replacement though, lucky we're not short on wingers or forwards.

Hlebsfall
August 8th, 2013, 2:04 PM
Including loans, I think it's something like 25 players off the books so far. One in.

Christopherson
August 8th, 2013, 2:07 PM
Fuck sake do you Arsenal (and Rangers :D) supporters ever stop moaning? You finished 4th in a very competitive league where you lost your best player in RVP. Give him time and at least let things play out, you're almost making me hate Arsenal as much as Simon and Spurs. Almost.

turdpower
August 8th, 2013, 2:08 PM
Christopher Wreh or Gervinho.

Tough call.

Bennedy
August 8th, 2013, 2:09 PM
Including loans, I think it's something like 25 players off the books so far. One in.

Don't worry, you have good spirit.

Andy
August 8th, 2013, 2:11 PM
Fuck sake do you Arsenal (and Rangers :D) supporters ever stop moaning? You finished 4th in a very competitive league where you lost your best player in RVP. Give him time and at least let things play out, you're almost making me hate Arsenal as much as Simon and Spurs. Almost.

It's a legitimate concern though. Our closest rivals last season have smashed their transfer record and spent over £50m so far this summer. Chelsea and City have spent loads too, and Liverpool. We finally have some money but we let the Higuain deal fall through and now we're involved in a needless saga for a player who is probably far more trouble than he's worth. For me, I think we need at least four signings to be challenging for fourth. To be challenging for the title I think we'd need four players to go straight into the team as well as strengthening every single area of the squad. We have the money but we're just not getting anything done. And the season starts in less that two weeks. :dunno:

El Capitano Gatisto
August 8th, 2013, 2:16 PM
You go on like this every year and Wenger gets 4th every time. The season before last even I thought maybe he'd ballsed it up a bit but he came through as usual with a CL position. The man obviously knows what he is doing and is basically the definition of stability, so perhaps don't get your knickers in such a twist just yet. Spending big dough is no guarantee of success, so quoting figures doesn't mean anything, we'll see what kind of quality he ultimately brings in. Spurs are still very short on depth and quality up front, they've basically strengthened the part of their side that was strongest anyway in their central midfield.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 8th, 2013, 2:19 PM
I can't think of any players Liverpool have signed this summer that would have improved Arsenal's squad, either, so I'm not sure why you're going on about their business. Maybe Mignolet, but goalkeeper is hardly a priority, no matter how much you whine about it. It's time to show some faith in a good young goalkeeper, not shunt him out in favour of a quick-fix.

Andy
August 8th, 2013, 2:25 PM
I don't think Szcz necessarily needs to be replaced, but he needs some competition beyond Fabianski. And if both of them get injured (which is hardly beyond the realms of possibility based on the last couple of seasons), we have no one.

We've been playing Bacary Sagna at centre back in pre-season because Mertesacker and Koscielny are the only two centre backs we have. Add to that we have one striker and have just sold a winger, I don't think it's unfair to say we need players in those positions as a priority.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 8th, 2013, 2:33 PM
Well you have four strikers, in that Giroud, Sanogo, Walcott and Podolski can all play there and all consider it their best position. The wide areas are probably where Arsenal need some help, as playing players out of position there is something Wenger really needs to stop doing. It's not helping Ramsay, Rosicky or Cazorla to be filling in out wide, and it probably contributed to Arshavin ultimately wasting his ability at Arsenal. That's an enormous blind-spot for Wenger. Riyo Miyaichi and Oxlade-Chamberlain might be interesting wide options this year, but one more established player along the frontline is obviously a priority given the interest in Suarez and Higuain.

The only part of the team I see as a real pressing concern is the centre-back position, presuming Vermaelan has really gone to shit and can't be relied upon to find his best form again.

I think Giroud will be better this year, Cazorla too. Neither were particularly bad last season but probably not consistent enough, Giroud definitely not confident enough at times.

Andy
August 8th, 2013, 2:39 PM
It would be enough of a concern if he was just continuing his bad form but he's also out injured for three months and seems to be yet another injury prone Arsenal player.

I really don't think Wenger sees Podolski or Walcott as long term options up front. Both of them played the majority of games out wide. Sanogo is obviously an unknown at this point. And even if they were the four strikers, I don't think that's good enough. But yeah, if they are the strikers then our wingers are Ryo and...that's it. Wenger keeps saying Chamberlain's position long term is centre mid. That's why I think Podolski and Walcott will stay out wide but even that's only two established wingers for a team playing with two wingers.

Ringo
August 8th, 2013, 2:51 PM
I reckon Chamakh and Park Chu Young could do a job out wide.

Gary J
August 8th, 2013, 4:25 PM
Chamakh's gone to Palace hasn't he?

turdpower
August 9th, 2013, 3:07 AM
I reckon Chamakh and Park Chu Young could do a job out wide.

Probably, in the same way they can "do a job upfront".

Rip
August 9th, 2013, 4:33 AM
Originally Posted by Simon on 22nd July View Post
I reckon we're only one more rejection away from actually proving all the gagmeisters right and signing Carlton Cole on a free.

Todays Metro....
Tottenham could be set for a shock move for free agent Carlton Cole, 29, after the former West Ham striker was reported to have featured in a behind-closed-doors friendly for Andre Villas-Boas's side.

Bet you wish you hadn't said anything...

Red Dog
August 9th, 2013, 9:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzI7cYBx6Lo

Our new signing

Chris Scott
August 9th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Bet you wish you hadn't said anything...

Lagom
August 9th, 2013, 11:46 AM
Bryan Robson calling £25-£30m for Rooney an insult, as he's one of the top 6 strikers in the world... Would be interesting to hear his other 5.

Andy
August 9th, 2013, 1:30 PM
We've loaned Miquel to Leicester leaving us with two centre backs woohoo. You'd think that'd have to mean we're signing someone but who knows.

Lagom
August 9th, 2013, 2:18 PM
Suarez could do a job there, but he'd cost you more than Levy thinks Bale is worth..

Mik
August 9th, 2013, 2:24 PM
I think that Carlton Cole could do a job for Spurs.

Hlebsfall
August 9th, 2013, 3:47 PM
Yeah, those boots won't clean themselves.

Ringo
August 10th, 2013, 6:02 PM
Cardiff break their transfer record for the 3rd time this Summer to sign Gary Medel from Sevilla. £11m apparently. They're up to about £30m overall. I know nothing about this Cornelius chap but I quite like their signings.

Simon
August 12th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Looking forward to seeing him, he's a lunatic.

Andy
August 12th, 2013, 11:55 AM
We've bid for Gustavo, apparently so have Napoli :lol:

Simon
August 12th, 2013, 11:58 AM
Wolfsburg too I read.

We still seem to be trying to buy everyone under the sun. Apparently we currently have bids for Chiriches, Eriksen, Alderweireld and Halilovic tabled. That's on top of Capoue. It's almost unthinkable that we could keep Bale with all this money being spent, but seemingly there is no news on it...Madrid don't have the money, so he stays. I'm scratching my head trying to find a downside to all this but after twenty-one years of being a Spurs fan, we seem to be in a moment of total positivity (Bale gone by the weekend and we get dicked down 3-0 at Palace then).

Peter Griffin
August 12th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Nobody mentioned Downing off to West Ham for 5 million. How much did Liverpool pay for him?

Torn
August 12th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Madrid will have the money after Ronaldo comes home [/turdpower]

Peter Griffin
August 12th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Yeah, those boots won't clean themselves.

If I said this I would be called a disgusting racist.

turdpower
August 12th, 2013, 12:51 PM
Madrid will have the money after Ronaldo comes home [/turdpower]

Tony V is number 25 now, so this is definitely happening.

Hlebsfall
August 12th, 2013, 1:42 PM
So then, with 5 days left to the start of the season, and Arsenal having their massive war chest to spend, let's take a look at all those great new signings they've got in this summer.

OUT

Vito Mannone
Martin Angha
Kyle Ebecilio
Gervinho
Andrey Arshavin
Denilson
André Santos
Sébastian Squillaci
Jordan Wynter
Elton Monteiro
Craig Eastmond
Jernade Meade
Sanchez Watt
Reice Charles-Cook
Conor Henderson
Samir Bihmoutine
Sead Hajrović
Nigel Neita
Josh Rees
Philip Roberts
James Shea
Johan Djourou
Francis Coquelin
Iqnasi Miquel

In

Sanogo.

Slare
August 12th, 2013, 1:55 PM
:lol: how many players do you even have left?

turdpower
August 12th, 2013, 2:40 PM
How many of those players do you actually want to keep in your first team squad, hlebs?

Hlebsfall
August 12th, 2013, 2:47 PM
Arshavin. I still believe. It's a bit beside the point however, Arsenal had a thin squad last season, it's looking fucking desolate at the moment. I've not even stuck Chamakh on there, who has gone to Palace now, and they're trying their hardest to sack off Park and Bendtner as well.

Andy
August 13th, 2013, 4:10 AM
We've got a 26 year old from Ligue 2 on trial. :cool:

El Capitano Gatisto
August 13th, 2013, 7:03 PM
I hope this Sammy Eto'o to Chelsea rumour comes to fruition. It would be class to see the great man back in proper football again, he went away to Russia to semi-retirement too early. He belongs at the top, at 32 he's still got a couple of years of angry goals in him.

RuneEdge
August 13th, 2013, 7:45 PM
Has anyone kept up with his career? I personally havent seen him since that CL winning season with Inter, where he was sort of being moved about in favour of Milito up front. He was playing wide left, if I remember correctly.

Peter Griffin
August 13th, 2013, 10:16 PM
So then, with 5 days left to the start of the season, and Arsenal having their massive war chest to spend, let's take a look at all those great new signings they've got in this summer.

OUT

Vito Mannone
Martin Angha
Kyle Ebecilio
Gervinho
Andrey Arshavin
Denilson
André Santos
Sébastian Squillaci
Jordan Wynter
Elton Monteiro
Craig Eastmond
Jernade Meade
Sanchez Watt
Reice Charles-Cook
Conor Henderson
Samir Bihmoutine
Sead Hajrović
Nigel Neita
Josh Rees
Philip Roberts
James Shea
Johan Djourou
Francis Coquelin
Iqnasi Miquel

In

Sanogo.

Kept Joel Campbell this year then ;)

connorboy
August 14th, 2013, 2:06 AM
Joel Campbell has gone to Olympiacos on loan

Bad Collin
August 14th, 2013, 4:28 AM
Apaz we are in for Willian and Suarez is staying 'for the fans'

Grimario
August 14th, 2013, 4:33 AM
Apaz we are in for Willian and Suarez is staying 'for the fans'

Probably means "Peter found me and said if I don't stay he will hunt me down and kill me and wear my skin as his skin"

El Capitano Gatisto
August 14th, 2013, 9:19 AM
If he does sign a new contract, I doubt there will be much confusion over the release clause this time round.

Simon
August 14th, 2013, 9:36 AM
Hull have signed the Hudd. He was part of the furniture here (an enormous bean bag chair, perhaps), been around eight years without ever really making the most of his talent, but I hope he does well there. And most of all I hope he finally scores, cos his hair is fucking stupid.

Gary J
August 14th, 2013, 9:49 AM
Quiet happy with the signing of Huddlestone and pretty surprised as thought he was off to Sunderland.

Livermore supposedly close to signing as well.

Alf
August 14th, 2013, 9:52 AM
In a way it's a shame. He does ludicrous things with the ball at times, he just isn't much of a midfielder. He can't defend, he can't really attack that well. He is literally just a pass pinging machine.

Simon
August 15th, 2013, 4:38 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BRsVcrqCQAEIbo4.jpg

We've officially signed Barack Obama Etienne Capoue.

Simon
August 15th, 2013, 4:40 AM
BUT the Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away, these are our kits for Europe this season...look at that colour clash on the away kit FFS.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BRscda4CUAE9W7p.jpg:large

Alf
August 15th, 2013, 4:54 AM
This is the best transfer window ever. What the fuck man. Our Footyman team is going to be siiiiick

Simon
August 16th, 2013, 5:16 AM
Luiz Gustavo has signed for Wolfsburg :yes:

Bennedy
August 16th, 2013, 5:36 AM
I have heard Spurs are after Osvaldo as well as Southampton.

Spurs better not get any more bloody good players.

Simon
August 16th, 2013, 5:47 AM
I wouldn't worry too much Bennedy, if as rumoured we are going in for a job lot of Roma players (Lamela, Osvaldo and Pjanic) then it would surely be offsetting the loss of Bale. It seems like the theory that Joe Lewis is bankrolling us is true, but it's only supposed to be £50m or so, and we've already topped that on Soldado, Paulinho, Capoue and Chadli.

To be honest at this point, I think if the players we are talking to are actually interested in coming (the three already mentioned, plus Coentrao, Willian, Eriksen, Alderweireld etc), I think I would accept Bale leaving and use the money to sign maybe three of those. I stand by what I said before about us already having a team as good as last year's without Bale, if the Bale money was spent wisely then fucking hell. But ideally I would still hope we 'pre-spend' the Bale money on the assumption that he goes next year, get some more class players in, keep Bale another year and have a tilt at the title.

But again...Madrid haven't made an official bid for him and seemingly don't have the money. So it's all irrelevant.

Alf
August 16th, 2013, 5:49 AM
It's a lot of changes though. That's a concern. It'll take a while for the team to blend. Or maybe not... who knows... I don't. Or do I?

Bad Collin
August 16th, 2013, 7:02 AM
We have signed Aly Cisshoko on loan with an agreed fee, nice bit of business.

Rip
August 16th, 2013, 7:46 AM
Decent signing, I don't think I've seen him play a bad game, not always great but never bad.

MMH
August 16th, 2013, 7:47 AM
Grim, whats this Josh Brillante like? We have been linked with him today (as have Cardiff). It would be nice to have an Aussie playing for us again. All I can tell is he has a good name and a very nice beard.

Mik
August 16th, 2013, 9:00 AM
We have signed Aly Cisshoko on loan with an agreed fee, nice bit of business.

Balls. Was hoping that we would steal in on that one.

Simon
August 16th, 2013, 9:00 AM
Apparently Falcao has been transfer listed :wtf: if this is true, what are the odds that it's a stitch-up to get Falcao to Real without having to convince Atletico to sell to them.

Alf
August 16th, 2013, 9:05 AM
That would be mental.

Grimario
August 16th, 2013, 9:06 AM
Grim, whats this Josh Brillante like? We have been linked with him today (as have Cardiff). It would be nice to have an Aussie playing for us again. All I can tell is he has a good name and a very nice beard.

Actually plays for my club. Amazing beard for a 20 year old. Definitely one of our new generation potential stars, has technical ability unlike the usual headless chooks (see Brett Holman ex villa) or the standard midfield workmen like Jedinak at Palace a and the Grella's and Tiatto's of yesteryear.

Most definitely about the beard though.

http://kiwisycanguros.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/joshua-brillante.jpg

Beefy
August 16th, 2013, 9:17 AM
Apparently Falcao has been transfer listed :wtf: if this is true, what are the odds that it's a stitch-up to get Falcao to Real without having to convince Atletico to sell to them.

Isn't there some ruling where a player can't move twice in the same transfer window?

El Capitano Gatisto
August 16th, 2013, 9:22 AM
I did a search about the rumour since Simon couldn't be arsed sourcing where it comes from and apparently it originates from Marca, so sounds reliable.

There's a dispute between Monaco and the French league over their tax status, as their players can avoid the 75% tax band that high earners in France have been hit with. The French league are trying to even that up by not allowing Monaco to compete until they face the same financial requirements as the other clubs, however, it's gone to the courts and there won't be a decision until next year. So it is a possibility that Monaco will be in big trouble at some point and will have to get rid of players, but there doesn't appear to be any reason why new developments would happen now.

Simon
August 16th, 2013, 9:23 AM
I am the source. I'm best pals with Claudio Ranieri.

turdpower
August 16th, 2013, 11:19 AM
Isn't there some ruling where a player can't move twice in the same transfer window?

I think it's about playing for teams, not signing for teams.

Simon
August 16th, 2013, 11:20 AM
He's played for Monaco though.

Peter Griffin
August 16th, 2013, 11:21 AM
Didnt that fat shite David Unsworth sign for Villa then left two weeks later?

turdpower
August 16th, 2013, 11:27 AM
He's played for Monaco though.

So he's played for one club this season, right?

Bennedy
August 16th, 2013, 11:39 AM
Didnt that fat shite David Unsworth sign for Villa then left two weeks later?

Blame Purple Aki

The Rosk
August 16th, 2013, 12:57 PM
Falcao is not going fucking anywhere.

Alf
August 16th, 2013, 1:31 PM
Phew, thank god for that. Thanks Rosk.

Rip
August 19th, 2013, 7:50 AM
ManU offers £28m for Baines and Fellaini...

Fellaini had a £23m release clause in his contract till end of July, that I'm pretty sure Moyes knew about, and they had a £12m bid for Baines turned down in June.

So that would be £35m.

Did I miss the report about Baines and Fellaini breaking there legs at the weekend or are ManU just really taking the piss here?

Andy
August 19th, 2013, 8:23 AM
Sky saying we've bid for Cabaye. Let the panic begin.

turdpower
August 19th, 2013, 8:29 AM
ManU offers £28m for Baines and Fellaini...

Fellaini had a £23m release clause in his contract till end of July, that I'm pretty sure Moyes knew about, and they had a £12m bid for Baines turned down in June.

So that would be £35m.

Did I miss the report about Baines and Fellaini breaking there legs at the weekend or are ManU just really taking the piss here?

Appaz it's 16m for Fellaini and 12 (again - bit odd) for Baines.

I question whether Everton would sell Fellaini for 28, never mind both.

Andy
August 19th, 2013, 8:43 AM
If it weren't for Arsenal I think Man United's business would be under a lot more scrutiny. A bid for Fabregas seemed unlikely anyway but to keep going back after Barca had said he wasn't for sale was very odd. Then a bid of under 30m for Fellaini and Baines?! I can see Everton selling for less than 50-55m. It all just seems a bit ameteurish compared to how Fergie used to do business. Is that on Moyes? Or someone else?

Rip
August 19th, 2013, 8:44 AM

PSG to follow with £15m plus player no doubt.

We'll sell him at the last minute for less than he's worth and not replace him.

We've been liked to three midfielders in the last couple of days so wouldn't be shocked, sadly, very good player but in all honesty he let us down a bit at the end of last year when the pressure was on.

Rip
August 19th, 2013, 8:53 AM
Offer was £12m.

Is today silly low offer day?

Gary J
August 19th, 2013, 8:58 AM
If it weren't for Arsenal I think Man United's business would be under a lot more scrutiny. A bid for Fabregas seemed unlikely anyway but to keep going back after Barca had said he wasn't for sale was very odd. Then a bid of under 30m for Fellaini and Baines?! I can see Everton selling for less than 50-55m. It all just seems a bit ameteurish compared to how Fergie used to do business. Is that on Moyes? Or someone else?

Why would it be under a lot of scrutiny? They still have the same squad that walked away with the title minus scholes and they've bought in Zaha. You could argue they need a central midfielder but who's to say Kagawa couldn't a job there like Modric did at Spurs. Nick Powell might even be able to play there.

Mik
August 19th, 2013, 9:02 AM

Panic buy? He's improve you.

Andy
August 19th, 2013, 9:10 AM
He'd improve us in terms of numbers but is he a better starting option than Arteta or Wilshere?

Andy
August 19th, 2013, 9:11 AM
Why would it be under a lot of scrutiny? They still have the same squad that walked away with the title minus scholes and they've bought in Zaha. You could argue they need a central midfielder but who's to say Kagawa couldn't a job there like Modric did at Spurs. Nick Powell might even be able to play there.

I don't mean their lack of signings as such, more the way they've gone about trying to sign Cesc/Baines/Fellaini.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 19th, 2013, 9:12 AM
Yeah, how would that be a panic buy? Cabaye is an excellent central midfielder. If he's not what you want then what would be a better option? He'd be perfect for Arsenal, probably for Manchester United too. Luis Gustavo is a very good player too (Rafa Honigstein predicted on Football Weekly last week that Gustavo would go where his agent wanted him to go, by the way, so I don't necessarily think Wenger can be blamed for not signing him), but I'd much rather have Cabaye, he's a far better all round player.

Andy
August 19th, 2013, 9:15 AM
It is a panic buy, no matter how good he is. If he's always been a serious target we should've been after him two months ago.

I would be happy enough with the signing but we need a centre back and a striker before the weekend really. I genuinely have no idea who will partner Mert next week. Maybe Giroud or Frimpong?

Rip
August 19th, 2013, 9:17 AM
He'd improve us in terms of numbers but is he a better starting option than Arteta or Wilshere?

Erm...

Yes, can be better than either, his problem is he lets things get into his head, last year when we were in trouble he wasn't half the player he can be because he got rattled by the pressure, which with his experience he really shouldn't, on his day he's outstanding though.

Andy
August 19th, 2013, 9:18 AM
At least he doesn't have any injury issues.

Gary J
August 19th, 2013, 9:19 AM
I don't mean their lack of signings as such, more the way they've gone about trying to sign Cesc/Baines/Fellaini.

The Cesc thing has been very strange i agree. I take your point about Baines/Fellaini too i assume Moyes would know what Everton would accept for them both as he and Kenwright must have discussed it before. Wouldn't suprise me if it was a smokescreen to sign someone else as if he really wanted Fellaini they would have activated the clause.

Andy
August 19th, 2013, 9:21 AM
Man Unitd and Arsenal should've been all over that Fellaini clause if it really was £23m.

Slare
August 19th, 2013, 9:23 AM
At least he doesn't have any injury issues.

well he doesn't play for arsenal yet

Rip
August 19th, 2013, 9:23 AM
Man Unitd and Arsenal should've been all over that Fellaini clause if it really was £23m.

Considering Moyes knew about it I can't understand why they didn't just get it done early.

Gary J
August 19th, 2013, 9:24 AM
Agree i'm shocked no-one snapped him up.