PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Simon
July 1st, 2013, 11:47 AM
Still can't believe that I can see Carl Jenkinson's name in an Arsenal fan's ideal first choice eleven and not piss myself laughing, genuinely never seen a player improve so much in such a short space of time.

Gary J
July 1st, 2013, 11:53 AM
It's not really quiet at all. It sounds like we're working on deals for Higuain and Cesar and nearly every source going credits us with a serious interest in a centre back and a centre mid with Williams and Fellaini being the most talked about. Not that I think we'll get all of them but it's not particularly quiet; certainly seems like we are trying to make moves.

Has Sanogo signed yet I seem to remember that deal was supposedly close to being finalised at the end of last season.

Bad Collin
July 1st, 2013, 11:57 AM
Arsenal's main problem is lack of depth at the back. If that Merter-Kosh partnership gets broken they will struggle again. I still don't think Jenkinson is great either.

Lars Bender would be a good solution (Arse Bender lol) but £20m plus is a lot for a defender.

thesamuelcooke
July 1st, 2013, 11:59 AM
Being a Gooner I know much about history... ;)

And I will make sure to make my presence felt in the football forum but I love watching oiled up men throw each other around too much to ignore the other forums dude! Wrestling too haha!

And I don't think Ashley Williams is the answer either. Someone like a Hummels/Subotic etc would be ideal, but we wont get those kind of players until we become a major force once more I feel.

Andy
July 1st, 2013, 12:00 PM
Reports we've had a big bid turned down for Lars Bender. Very encouraging that we're going for players in these areas - a keeper, a centre back, a centre mid and a forward. I just hope we can pull a couple of them off soon to avoid the madness of the end of the transfer window.

Andy
July 1st, 2013, 12:01 PM
Has Sanogo signed yet I seem to remember that deal was supposedly close to being finalised at the end of last season.

If you believe what you read he should be confirmed after the U20s tournament he's playing in at the moment.

Peter Griffin
July 1st, 2013, 12:03 PM
Seems strange that Arsene has just decided to fling his philosophy on youth out the window when it should of been discarded years ago. Has there been a change at the top?

Bad Collin
July 1st, 2013, 12:08 PM
Out the wisdom?

I think it has more to do with paying off more of the stadium debt. That said we haven't seen any actual signings yet.

Peter Griffin
July 1st, 2013, 12:09 PM
Yes,wisdom! :shifty:

Andy
July 1st, 2013, 12:10 PM
It's hardly just flinging a philosophy out the window. We're now in a stable financial position after years of being financially crippled by the new stadium. The problem is no matter how much money we have we still can't compete with Chelsea, Man City and a load of clubs abroad, so we need to get these signings finalised quick or risk being blown out of the water if one of these teams decides they want the player.

Peter Griffin
July 1st, 2013, 12:10 PM
As in Andre Wisdom.

Peter Griffin
July 1st, 2013, 12:13 PM
It's hardly just flinging a philosophy out the window. We're now in a stable financial position after years of being financially crippled by the new stadium. The problem is no matter how much money we have we still can't compete with Chelsea, Man City and a load of clubs abroad, so we need to get these signings finalised quick or risk being blown out of the water if one of these teams decides they want the player.

Well I was being a bit dramatic, but Arsene has always stuck to his guns when pressed on the issue in previous years, even when fans were really getting onto him last season. And he seemed pretty convincing in his belief in the philosophy even though most people realized it was a financial issue.

thesamuelcooke
July 1st, 2013, 12:16 PM
I think he's either given in to the fans pleas or Usmanov, Kronke or someone upstairs wants success or they'll get someone else in.

turdpower
July 1st, 2013, 12:35 PM
Quite a few interesting transfers from around Europe that have gone through officially today...

Dmitri Payet (Lille --> Marseille) £8.8m
Fred (Internacional --> Shakhtar) £13.2m
Benat (Betis --> Bilbao) £7m
Dries Mertens (PSV --> Napoli) £8.5m
Mauro Icardi (Sampdoria --> Inter) £11.4m
Dieumerci Mbokani (Anderlecht --> Dinamo Kiev) £9.7m
Mattia Destro (Genoa --> Roma) £4m
Igor Denisov (Zenit --> Anzhi) £13.2m
Jeremain Lens (PSV --> Dinamo Kiev) £8m
Pablo Armero (Udinese --> Napoli) £3.5m
Fernando (Gremio --> Shakhtar) £9.7m
Heung-Min Son (Hamburg --> Leverkusen) £8.8m
Sokratis (Werder Bremen --> Dortmund) £8.3m
Joaquin (Malaga --> Fiorentina) £1.8m
Lazar Markovic (Partizan --> Benfica) £8.8m
Casemiro (Sao Paulo --> Real Madrid) £5.3m
Wellington Nem (Fluminense --> Shakhtar) £7.9m
Bruno Alves (Zenit --> Fenerbahce) £4.8m
Tino Costa (Valencia --> Spartak Moscow) £6.2m
Filip Djuricic (Heerenveen --> Benfica) £5.3m
Hector Herrera (Pachuca --> Porto) £7m
Diego Reyes (America --> Porto) £6.2m
Bojan (Roma --> Barcelona) £11.4m

A few interesting ones there...the Russian and Ukrainian clubs are doing their usual thing of raiding Brazil for exciting young players - Fred, Wellington Nem and Fernando are all recently capped by Brazil and highly-rated, so you would imagine those sides will continue to improve. Porto have signed Herrera and Reyes, both Mexican centre mids who are apparently quality, will be interesting to see if they can adequately replace Moutinho. I'm surprised that Barca have taken up their buy-back option on Bojan, he left without much fuss and I've barely heard him mentioned since he went to Serie A - then again Villa is moving on, so maybe he will get games.

IIRC the Bojan deal was essentially a loan and it's Roma who don't want to fork up the extra cash.

wardy
July 1st, 2013, 1:44 PM
Destro got amazing in my Champ Manager game, watch him.

TraXX
July 1st, 2013, 2:00 PM
Redmond having a medical. £2M plus £1.2M in add ons.

PSV have accepted a £4.8M bid for Toivonen, just need to finalise personal terms.

Appaz we're starting our pursuit of Hooper with a £4.5M bid. He's turned down Hull because he wants to come to us. He's an Essex boy, and he'll be closer to his family.

We've enquired about Leroy Fer and Diego Capel. I recall we also spoke to Lucas Biglia last season, however I don't think we'll be that lucky to get them all. Fer is the most likely out of that trio.

Next season we could be looking at a Norwich City team of:

Ruddy

Martin - Bassong - Turner - Garrido

Johnson - Fer
Snodgrass - Toivonen - Pilkington

Van Wolfswinkle

Subs
Bunn
R.Bennett
Whittiker
Howson
Hoolahan
Redmond
Hooper

That's awesome. For a Norwich fan, that is. :p

Simon
July 2nd, 2013, 5:29 AM
Paulinho has confirmed that he is signing for us :eek: worryingly though we haven't announced it, which suggests it hasn't been confirmed yet...leaving the door open for City, PSG, Monaco or Chelsea to trump us.

Simon
July 2nd, 2013, 6:10 AM
Couple more deals gone through - Adam Maher has gone from Feyenoord to PSV, big prospect in Dutch football supposedly. And Younes Belhanda has gone to Dinamo Kiev, who look to be building a good young side again, after years of being second fiddle to Shakhtar maybe they will make a comeback?

Slare
July 2nd, 2013, 7:41 AM

PSV have accepted a £4.8M bid for Toivonen, just need to finalise personal terms.

Appaz we're starting our pursuit of Hooper with a £4.5M bid. He's turned down Hull because he wants to come to us. He's an Essex boy, and he'll be closer to his family.

We've enquired about Leroy Fer and Diego Capel. I recall we also spoke to Lucas Biglia last season, however I don't think we'll be that lucky to get them all. Fer is the most likely out of that trio.

Next season we could be looking at a Norwich City team of:

Ruddy

Martin - Bassong - Turner - Garrido

Johnson - Fer
Snodgrass - Toivonen - Pilkington

Van Wolfswinkle

Subs
Bunn
R.Bennett
Whittiker
Howson
Hoolahan
Redmond
Hooper

That's awesome. For a Norwich fan, that is. :p

There is absolutely no chance we're letting Hooper go for anything less than 8m. And I really don't see him moving somewhere to sit on the bench either.

Beefy
July 2nd, 2013, 7:50 AM
Celtic won't get £8m for Hooper though. Not after last season. With 12 months left on his contract and with Celtic not really needing him the value just isn't there for a buying club.

JP
July 2nd, 2013, 8:04 AM

You've got yourself a future England player for an absolute bargain. :(

Simon
July 2nd, 2013, 8:18 AM
Celtic won't get £8m for Hooper though. Not after last season. With 12 months left on his contract and with Celtic not really needing him the value just isn't there for a buying club.

Celtic fans (Scottish football fans in general) still seem to think that the SPL is a strong enough league for Premier League clubs to justify spending big money on its star performers. Even at its peak a few years ago it was rare for this to happen (Gordon, Hutton and Fletcher are the only ones I can think of that went for big money), let alone now where there is only one competitive team and buying teams would only have the eight or so Champions League games as a realistic barometer of what they can do against proper opposition.

Slare
July 2nd, 2013, 8:23 AM
Celtic fans (Scottish football fans in general) still seem to think that the SPL is a strong enough league for Premier League clubs to justify spending big money on its star performers. Even at its peak a few years ago it was rare for this to happen (Gordon, Hutton and Fletcher are the only ones I can think of that went for big money), let alone now where there is only one competitive team and buying teams would only have the eight or so Champions League games as a realistic barometer of what they can do against proper opposition.

12m bid already been made by Southampton for Wanyama.

8m turned down in January for Hooper.

I wasn't basing that on some sort of misplaced sense of grandeure of the SPL or Celtic, I was basing it on bids that have already been made and others that are widely rumoured and commonly accepted in press circles.

We're fucking shit on the whole but have two players there of a very high quality that we really shoult maximise revenue from. We know this, and know if we are strong enough to hold out then we could get that kind of money. We dont need to sell by any stretch of the imagination, so the onus is on us to get as much as possible for them.

Slare
July 2nd, 2013, 8:27 AM

Points are valid but I still think itll be between 7-9 million rather than 4-5.

Peter Griffin
July 2nd, 2013, 8:34 AM

Whereas you have signed some lad from Mansfield :D

Beefy
July 2nd, 2013, 8:39 AM
I just think the £8m boat has sailed. Hooper was shite last season against (no troll) League One standard opposition and has a year left on his contract. There's literally nothing to suggest that he can score goals in the Premier League. I know Celtic should get through the CL Qualifiers but if you don't then you'll be in a very weak bargaining position.

son_of_foley
July 2nd, 2013, 8:41 AM

Rumours of Pat McCourt joining you.

BBF
July 2nd, 2013, 8:41 AM
Its kind of telling that Eoin Doyle has moved to Chesterfield.

JP
July 2nd, 2013, 9:13 AM
Whereas you have signed some lad from Mansfield :D

League 2's top scorer and has been on trial so we know what he can do. Not big money, need people who can work alongside Zigic, I think it's a smart move.

Rumours of Pat McCourt joining you.

Really? That's a surprising one, if only because I doubt he would come that cheap but it does make sense. Towards the end of last season Zigic started to get back into the kind of form and impact on the team he showed when he first joined us. Credit to Clark who genuinely seemed to fire him up. With King and Lovenkrands gone Zigic is going to be out main striker, getting quality on the wings to maximise his talents is a shrewd move. McCourt on one wing, Burke on the other, Elliot who can do a very fine job on either.

I like it.

Peter Griffin
July 2nd, 2013, 9:15 AM
Only pissing about JP he does seem like a decent signing to be fair, even though he played for Mansfield so I have no respect for the man.

BBF
July 2nd, 2013, 9:15 AM
League 2's top scorer and has been on trial so we know what he can do. Not big money, need people who can work alongside Zigic, I think it's a smart move.

I give it til November til you change your mind.

Peter Griffin
July 2nd, 2013, 9:16 AM
Wait League 2? Mansfield were in the conference last season mate.

JP
July 2nd, 2013, 9:23 AM
Simple slip.

How come BBF? What we lacked last year was somebody who could regularly find the net. He might not me an amazing footballer but he seems to have that quality.

Slare
July 2nd, 2013, 9:24 AM
I just think the £8m boat has sailed. Hooper was shite last season against (no troll) League One standard opposition and has a year left on his contract. There's literally nothing to suggest that he can score goals in the Premier League. I know Celtic should get through the CL Qualifiers but if you don't then you'll be in a very weak bargaining position.

See to be honest. I genuinely don't rate him at all. I think he's lazy and doesn't lead a line well. He's a good finisher but eve I'd score about 10 a year in the SPL. But he's been built up to be some sort of machine and I don't think fans/the board will be happy with anything less than that 7 or 8 mill. I may be wrong though.

JP
July 2nd, 2013, 9:25 AM
How well do you rate McCourt, Slare?

Torn
July 2nd, 2013, 9:29 AM
Jamie Vardy absolutely pissed the conference and couldn't make any impact on the Championship whatsoever. Green played a season in League Two a few years ago and didn't score a single goal. It's most likely going to be much too big a step up for him to make. It's not like he's a youngster either.

Rip
July 2nd, 2013, 9:31 AM
Simple slip.

How come BBF? What we lacked last year was somebody who could regularly find the net. He might not me an amazing footballer but he seems to have that quality.

Two words.

Shola Ameobi.

BBF
July 2nd, 2013, 9:32 AM
Simple slip.

I've seen him a few times and never really been impressed. I know he scored a hatful last year but 10 of his 25 last year were penalties and 5 the previous season came from the spot, which I'm assuming he won't be on for you guys.

He could be like Dwight Gayle and prove me wrong but I can't see it happening with Green. Feel free to bring this up if he fires you to the playoffs or something though.

Torn
July 2nd, 2013, 9:32 AM
Tom Adeyemi on the other hand, now that is a top signing for Brum.

son_of_foley
July 2nd, 2013, 9:34 AM

Really? That's a surprising one, if only because I doubt he would come that cheap but it does make sense. Towards the end of last season Zigic started to get back into the kind of form and impact on the team he showed when he first joined us. Credit to Clark who genuinely seemed to fire him up. With King and Lovenkrands gone Zigic is going to be out main striker, getting quality on the wings to maximise his talents is a shrewd move. McCourt on one wing, Burke on the other, Elliot who can do a very fine job on either.

I like it.

McCourt is an outrageously skillful player who can beat anyone in the world pretty much. Saw him pissing about Pirlo at Windsor.

Works hard even though people think he's lazy and slow. The real issue is he has the lungs of like a 90 year old and is always fucking knackered but it's not laziness so it won't be coached out of him I would think unless you have a voodoo doctor as a conditioning coach.

He's also very injury prone but a real nod back to the days or jinking wingers. Really exciting to watch.

JP
July 2nd, 2013, 9:35 AM
More than likely he'd struggle than flourish, but the money involved means it's probably a okay risk to take. If he fails we haven't spent that much, if he's successful than we'v got ourselves a bargain.

Shinnie's our big attacking signing this year, everything else will be a nice bonus if it goes well.

EDIT - About Green

Torn
July 2nd, 2013, 9:36 AM
I've seen him a few times and never really been impressed. I know he scored a hatful last year but 10 of his 25 last year were penalties and 5 the previous season came from the spot, which I'm assuming he won't be on for you guys.

He could be like Dwight Gayle and prove me wrong but I can't see it happening with Green. Feel free to bring this up if he fires you to the playoffs or something though.

Gayle was a youngster who had played a handful of career league games to be fair. Green has been tested at a higher level and not performed.

Speaking of Gayle, there was talk of Palace bidding £6m (!!) for him :wtf:

BBF
July 2nd, 2013, 9:38 AM
£6m was just the initial fee too. Going up to almost £9m all in all!

JP
July 2nd, 2013, 9:44 AM
Tom Adeyemi on the other hand, now that is a top signing for Brum.

Clark has been singing his praises like a choirboy since he signed. We've got quite the crop of young midfielders now, mostly through necessity but they don't look bad at all.

McCourt is an outrageously skillful player who can beat anyone in the world pretty much. Saw him pissing about Pirlo at Windsor.

Works hard even though people think he's lazy and slow. The real issue is he has the lungs of like a 90 year old and is always fucking knackered but it's not laziness so it won't be coached out of him I would think unless you have a voodoo doctor as a conditioning coach.

He's also very injury prone but a real nod back to the days or jinking wingers. Really exciting to watch.

Which is why I'm very surprised you're hearing him being linked with us. It would show some real ambition if we did get a player of his quality from a club like Celtic.

Beefy
July 2nd, 2013, 9:44 AM
See to be honest. I genuinely don't rate him at all. I think he's lazy and doesn't lead a line well. He's a good finisher but eve I'd score about 10 a year in the SPL. But he's been built up to be some sort of machine and I don't think fans/the board will be happy with anything less than that 7 or 8 mill. I may be wrong though.

Gary Hooper is exactly the same player now as he was for Southend five years ago. Decent ability and a good finish. I watched Southend a fair few times last year and he doesn't look like he's developed as a player at all.

Torn
July 2nd, 2013, 9:52 AM
Clark has been singing his praises like a choirboy since he signed. We've got quite the crop of young midfielders now, mostly through necessity but they don't look bad at all.

He's got such a good attitude and he seems like really nice lad. He dislocated his shoulder in the Swindon playoff game and really didn't want to come off, you could see him mouth "just pop it back in" :D

He wasn't great when he joined in the summer and I thought he was a bit shit on his first few games but the improvement he made was staggering, works ridiculously hard and a real driving force in midfield, and he's only going to get better. I can't say enough good things about him, just a shame we couldn't hold onto him :(

wardy
July 2nd, 2013, 9:56 AM
Not including the qualifiers, he scored 2 in 6 starts in the Champions league, most of those being group games where we were comfortably the weakest team in a strong group. That's literally enough to suggest that he could score against shite like Southampton and Palace.

Simon
July 2nd, 2013, 10:42 AM
Appaaaaaaaaarrrrrrreeeeeeeentttttttlllllyyyyyyy we have signed David Villa. Fuck a doodle doo

Slare
July 2nd, 2013, 10:47 AM
That is fucking mental.

son_of_foley
July 2nd, 2013, 12:00 PM

Which is why I'm very surprised you're hearing him being linked with us. It would show some real ambition if we did get a player of his quality from a club like Celtic.

It was in the Birmingham Mail.

It's supposedly yourselves, Sheff Wed, Blackpool (which won't go away), Palace (because Holloway was keen when at Blackpool) and the States at the minute. The talk a month ago was MLS was agreed but since then there's daily rumours of champ clubs.

Ringo
July 2nd, 2013, 2:38 PM
Samba is going back to Anzhi for £12m appaz :D

Simon
July 2nd, 2013, 2:41 PM
Sounds like another top class Northern Irish player sof. what an underperforming nation they are with such a strong pool of players to choose from :D

Torn
July 2nd, 2013, 4:54 PM
Will Grigg will be sof's next love, a Northern Irish target man? Impossible for him not to get overexcited.

Peter Griffin
July 2nd, 2013, 5:01 PM
Warren Feeney is the best N.I. player ever, fact.

son_of_foley
July 2nd, 2013, 5:53 PM
Sounds like another top class Northern Irish player sof. what an underperforming nation they are with such a strong pool of players to choose from :D

Yes Simon I've definitely over egged pat McCourt. My talk of mls sides being after him would suggest that.

Doubt many Celtic fans would disagree with what I said. Final ball is not great most of his goals were walking through 6 players.

doesn't have the stamina to be a top player. He's exciting to watch jp anyway if he signs but if Shane Ferguson was available again I personally would favour him

son_of_foley
July 2nd, 2013, 5:55 PM
Will Grigg will be sof's next love, a Northern Irish target man? Impossible for him not to get overexcited.

Not too excited yet. Stewart Elliott had a few seasons banging in goals too. Haven't seen much of Grigg though. Hoping Dallas comes on a bit

Ryan McLaughlin is my next big hope btw. Did very well in that next gen series

Bennedy
July 2nd, 2013, 6:37 PM
Jonjo Shelvey is off to Swansea. Never rated him and don't think he will add anything to the Swansea team that they haven't already got. But you never know.

Lagom
July 2nd, 2013, 6:51 PM
Permanent?

Bennedy
July 2nd, 2013, 7:13 PM
Yeah. For £6m apparently.

Simon
July 2nd, 2013, 7:21 PM
Not sure he suits their style of play, he seems like a shitter version of Gerrard to me.

turdpower
July 3rd, 2013, 2:18 AM
That's a bit too complimentary to him.

Lagom
July 3rd, 2013, 3:54 AM
I still think he'll come good, to be honest. I remember seing him in games where Gerrard wasn't on the pitch, and he looked immeasurably better. I'll be sad to see him go, but realistically, if that £6m goes towards bringing in a creative attacking minded midfielder, I can't moan.

Eriksen and Mkhitaryan both look like they'd do a good job, but I'd love to see Rodgers put a cheeky bid in for Thiago.

Bad Collin
July 3rd, 2013, 4:40 AM
What planet are you on Lagom? The first two are going to CL clubs and Thiago is just silly talk.

Shelvey is a good player but he is too inconsistant. £6m is a good price for him.

BBF
July 3rd, 2013, 5:07 AM
I thought you getting Mkhitaryan was pretty sure? Especially with Dortmund signing that massive black (I assume) guy?

Lagom
July 3rd, 2013, 5:07 AM
Shit, sorry, we'll just have Mads Laudrup then.

Bad Collin
July 3rd, 2013, 5:14 AM
I thought you getting Mkhitaryan was pretty sure? Especially with Dortmund signing that massive black (I assume) guy?

Rumours vary but Liverpool would be a step down from Shaktar so I don't think he will come to us.

Simon
July 3rd, 2013, 5:40 AM
Appaz Bale has agreed a new deal :yes:

Simon
July 3rd, 2013, 7:46 AM
And appaz we are also going all in for Soldado now.

Bennedy
July 3rd, 2013, 7:58 AM
Thought you had already signed Villa?

Simon
July 3rd, 2013, 8:01 AM
Villa to be tied up by the end of the week in theory (won't happen).

Simon
July 3rd, 2013, 11:02 AM
Sunderland have signed Vito Mannone

http://images.scribblelive.com/2013/7/3/449a7f98-a164-44e6-a0a4-6d6a796c99ee_500.jpg

Peter Griffin
July 3rd, 2013, 11:03 AM
Replacing Mignolet with Mannone? Jesus wept.

Gary J
July 3rd, 2013, 11:34 AM
Mannone is pretty good well he was during his spell with us. I'd have happily seen him back with us but we've signed Alan McGregor instead who I have no idea if he's any good or not. All I know about him is that his girlfriend beat him up and he said some Celtic fans did it.

Gary J
July 3rd, 2013, 11:36 AM
Still that's nothing on the striker we have been linked with in the last week. All I know about him is he was convicted for his part in a gangrape of an underage girl and he took one of the worst penalties ever.

Peter Griffin
July 3rd, 2013, 11:38 AM
Yeh, well we have got JOHN FUCKING EUSTACE in training with us, missing piece of the puzzle lads.

Peter Griffin
July 3rd, 2013, 11:38 AM
Although he's not a rapist, he's just a bit meh.

MikeHunt
July 3rd, 2013, 11:39 AM
Mcgregor is a solid keeper and that's a fucking amazing price you've nabbed him for.

Gary J
July 3rd, 2013, 11:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOVckYEIu9Q

Gary J
July 3rd, 2013, 11:40 AM
Mcgregor is a solid keeper and that's a fucking amazing price you've nabbed him for.

Yeah I was happy with the price especially since we were quoted £4m for Kasper fucking Schmeichel.

Simon
July 3rd, 2013, 12:11 PM
Bets suspended on QPR signing Scotty Parker. He's ended up being a weird one for us, his first season he was our player of the year and was absolute class, but last year he was awful, slowing down our attacks constantly and not offering the solidity he used to. To be fair he did get a couple of injuries but sadly I don't think he is anywhere good enough for where we are trying to be. A good signing for QPR if true though, exactly the sort of character they need and should still be one of the best players in the Championship.

Mik
July 3rd, 2013, 4:06 PM
Sunderland have signed Vito Mannone

http://images.scribblelive.com/2013/7/3/449a7f98-a164-44e6-a0a4-6d6a796c99ee_500.jpg

Replacing Mignolet with Mannone? Jesus wept.

I believe he has signed to be back up to Kieran Westwood.

Bennedy
July 3rd, 2013, 4:29 PM
Still that's nothing on the striker we have been linked with in the last week. All I know about him is he was convicted for his part in a gangrape of an underage girl and he took one of the worst penalties ever.

Sounds like a day in the life of Marlon King.

Andy
July 3rd, 2013, 5:36 PM
Bets on Suarez to Arsenal suspended :lol:

Wilshere Cazorla

Walcott Rooney Suarez

Higuain

:eek:

El Capitano Gatisto
July 3rd, 2013, 9:11 PM
Not all bets obviously. Sky Bet no doubt and probably no one else.

Bad Collin
July 4th, 2013, 2:17 AM
Yeah, don't fall for the lies Andy. Why would Suarez stay in England if he leaves?

Andy
July 4th, 2013, 3:43 AM
I know it means nothing. Seems like basically a viral marketing thing for the the bookies now. It made me laugh because there is zero chance of it happening.

Lagom
July 4th, 2013, 3:45 AM
Rumours have it that Southampton are trying to hijack Spurs' 4 years in the making deal for Leandro Damiao.

thesamuelcooke
July 4th, 2013, 6:07 AM
Rumours have it that Southampton are trying to hijack Spurs' 4 years in the making deal for Leandro Damiao.

As a Gooner I hope they do as it will make Spurs even less of a threat. Hoping that Paulinho can't hack it here as well!

Suarez wont happen, if it does it will be instead of the equally unlikely Rooney deal I think. Higuain is basically ours now though allegedly, just need Bender/Fellaini and another centre back. Not sold on Julio Cesar if he is coming in as our first choice, he'd be a good experienced back up for the hopefully improving Szczesny though.

Simon
July 4th, 2013, 6:17 AM
Darren Bent has been told to move out of the first-team dressing room at the training ground and ordered to train in a small group of outcasts alongside Stephen Ireland and Alan Hutton. He has also been informed he will not be considered for selection for any of the club’s pre-season friendlies and will not be included in any squads should he remain at Villa after the close of the summer transfer window.

It is a painful fall from grace for Bent, who moved to Villa in January 2011 in order to strengthen his hold on a place in the England squad, but who spent most of last season on the bench. The 29-year-old, who has not played for the national team in almost two years, is on £65,000 a week at Villa and Lambert appears desperate to get him off the wage bill in order to give him more flexibility in his recruitment in this window.

The move to ostracise Bent is a risky one given nobody has been willing to match Villa’s £8 million valuation.

Good man-management from Lambert :wtf:

Bennedy
July 4th, 2013, 7:15 AM
As a Gooner I hope they do as it will make Spurs even less of a threat. Hoping that Paulinho can't hack it here as well!

Suarez wont happen, if it does it will be instead of the equally unlikely Rooney deal I think. Higuain is basically ours now though allegedly, just need Bender/Fellaini and another centre back. Not sold on Julio Cesar if he is coming in as our first choice, he'd be a good experienced back up for the hopefully improving Szczesny though.
Cesar is probably one of the top 20 keepers in the world. Bit strange that you don't rate him.

Simon
July 4th, 2013, 7:18 AM
There's no way Cesar is going anywhere to be back-up the year before a World Cup in Brazil.

wardy
July 4th, 2013, 7:40 AM
Mannone is pretty good well he was during his spell with us. I'd have happily seen him back with us but we've signed Alan McGregor instead who I have no idea if he's any good or not. All I know about him is that his girlfriend beat him up and he said some Celtic fans did it.
He's a very good keeper. You'll love him.

Rip
July 4th, 2013, 8:07 AM
We've agreed a fee for Kone now, looks like we're going to nick him at the last minute.

MikeHunt
July 4th, 2013, 8:30 AM
Mental betting on Suarez to arsenal. Bookies slashing odds by the second.

BBF
July 4th, 2013, 8:31 AM
Never going to happen. SIlly season.

Slare
July 4th, 2013, 9:06 AM
Good man-management from Lambert :wtf:

What's the deal with Hutton and Ireland too? Why are they in such bad graces at the club? Hutton hasn't been that bad on international duty

Slare
July 4th, 2013, 9:13 AM
How well do you rate McCourt, Slare?

Bit late on this, but basically got by on good will for the last 3 years because he would come on with 15 to go and score ludicrous goals. He's not fit and doesb't have the stamina to play at a decent level. He also looks homeless

MMH
July 4th, 2013, 10:09 AM
We've agreed a fee for Kone now, looks like we're going to nick him at the last minute.

Im sure if Martinez wants him we would get him what with him being his old manager and living in the area.

I can only assume Martinez has another striker lined up. Suits me, Kone is alright but its a lot of money for a bloke about to turn 30.

TraXX
July 4th, 2013, 10:53 AM
Redmond confirmed! :cool:

Bennedy
July 4th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Looks like a good signing for you. Any more news on Toivonen?

The Rosk
July 4th, 2013, 12:20 PM
What's the deal with Hutton and Ireland too? Why are they in such bad graces at the club? Hutton hasn't been that bad on international duty

Hutton is one of the worst right-backs I have ever seen, and Ireland is a disgrace of a human. Has never been arsed at all really and is content to pick up his wages and laugh from the touchline. Get rid of them. It's not really fair on Bent I agree, as he's never given anything but full effort and has never moaned once, despite going from at one point for us starting as England's No.9 to last year being benched for eight months.

Peter Griffin
July 4th, 2013, 12:28 PM
But surely something must of happened for Bent to fall so spectacularly.

Slare
July 4th, 2013, 1:10 PM
Hutton is one of the worst right-backs I have ever seen, and Ireland is a disgrace of a human. Has never been arsed at all really and is content to pick up his wages and laugh from the touchline. Get rid of them. It's not really fair on Bent I agree, as he's never given anything but full effort and has never moaned once, despite going from at one point for us starting as England's No.9 to last year being benched for eight months.

Hutton is a strange one. He was a fucking beast for three or four years domestically and internationally. Even by shit SPL standards you could tell how good he was, and he had one (I think) cracking year at Spurs and then went aboslutely horrible.

Darkoke
July 4th, 2013, 2:54 PM
Combination of alcohol, drugs, family and personal problems I think

Andy
July 4th, 2013, 3:29 PM
Sid Lowe says the Higuain deal is very close.

Simon
July 5th, 2013, 5:30 AM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23195610

Yessir, Paulinho about to sign. Villa on the weekend as well. Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk

McBain
July 5th, 2013, 5:32 AM
I read that as Paulinho about to sign for Villa. :cry:

Simon
July 5th, 2013, 5:49 AM
Haha well seemingly we're about to lose out on Damiao to fucking Southampton so I wouldn't make it an impossibility.

Bennedy
July 5th, 2013, 5:57 AM
Why on earth would he go to Southampton? I thought a few big clubs were chasing him.

Simon
July 5th, 2013, 6:02 AM
££££££$$$$$$$$

Bad Collin
July 5th, 2013, 6:07 AM
Spurs need to start paying that money if they intend to get back in the top four anytime soon.

Simon
July 5th, 2013, 6:13 AM
Well we're about to break our transfer record to sign Paulinho, break our wage structure to keep Bale and break off from our usual strategy to sign David Villa, so steps are being taken in that direction. I think the fact that we have such a huge financial asset in Bale means that we are now better placed to take bigger financial risks - we can speculate to accumulate this summer, safe in the knowledge that we have a £50m+ player who is almost certainly going to want to leave at some point in the next few years.

That doesn't really tally with the Damiao haggling, but that coupled with the willingness to go all-out for Villa suggests that while Levy is loosening the purse strings to get the sort of player who can make an immediate impact, he's still unwilling to risk big money on someone he doesn't see as a safe bet. If it's only a couple of million then of course I'd rather we just went and bought for the cunt, but negotiations between Daniel Levy on one side and a Brazilian club with all its hangers-on and third parties on the other side must be excruciating.

McBain
July 5th, 2013, 6:17 AM
You're getting David Villa? Fucksake.

Darkoke
July 5th, 2013, 6:46 AM
Think the Suarez to Arsenal stuff earlier in the week might have been a ploy to give Madrid/Higuain a boot up the arse and get the deal tied up?

Peter Griffin
July 5th, 2013, 6:54 AM
I don't even understand why they are entertaining the idea of selling him in the first place.

McBain
July 5th, 2013, 7:20 AM
Cause he's a cunt that keeps getting banned all the time. Obviously a hell of a player but is it worth it if he's unplayable (literally) for a quarter of the season?

Simon
July 5th, 2013, 7:23 AM
I love that the tabloids are linking him with Chelsea. Yeah Ivanovic would love that wouldn't he.

Andy
July 5th, 2013, 7:29 AM
An I missing something here? Neither that article nor anything I've read says anything about a new deal for Bale or that Spurs are about to sign Villa.

I'd be stunned if Bale stayed but then I've not really seen anything linking him with a move away. :dunno:

Andy
July 5th, 2013, 7:30 AM
Great stat about Suarez: he's been banned for 0.5 of the 2.5 years he's been in English football but has never been sent off. :D

Simon
July 5th, 2013, 7:31 AM
Bale is definitely staying (obviously now that I've said that he won't), he has made no noises about even wanting to leave. We are confirmed as being in advanced negotiations with Villa. Both have had plenty of media attention.

Simon
July 5th, 2013, 7:33 AM
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/real-madrid-give-up-pursuit-of-tottenham-forward-gareth-bale-for-now-8685888.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/tottenham-end-interest-in-leandro-damiao-but-step-up-pursuit-of-david-villa-with-plan-to-fund-move-for-barcelona-striker-by-selling-emmanuel-adebayor-8688417.html

Andy
July 5th, 2013, 7:56 AM
Genuinely hadn't seen the Villa stories. I know the official line is that Bale is staying but I'd still be shocked if he's still there at the end of the window. I'm kind or surprised City/Monaco/PSG/Chelsea haven't just thrown 50m at Levy to see what happens.

Simon
July 5th, 2013, 8:07 AM
Unless it's an absolutely mad bid, as in £60-70m, I can't see him leaving. He either isn't intent on leaving or specifically WANTS to stay another year depending on who you listen to, we don't want to let him go, we are selling the club to new players with an emphasis on keeping him and he's not far into a new contract, with another new one (higher wage and an extra year on the contract) on offer to ensure that he stays for another year but his value remains as high as possible when we do sell him. Also his agents are very close with the club.

There's no pressure coming from the player's side to leave, and we want to keep him, so really it's a non-starter unless Madrid offer the kind of money that Levy will find impossible to turn down. Nothing has come out so far to make me in the least bid nervous that we might lose him. There was far more speculation that he would go last sum

I maintain the same thing I said last season - that we would keep him for this coming season whether we qualified for the Champions League or not, but will probably sell him next summer whether we qualify for the Champions League or not.

BBF
July 5th, 2013, 8:11 AM
He wouldn't really be able to move abroad at the moment would he? Hasn't he got like a 2 month old and just signed a mahoosive deal with BT Sport?

Simon
July 5th, 2013, 8:20 AM
A lot of people are referencing his young kid as a reason why he wouldn't move, but surely it would make more sense to move before the kid hits school age? The BT thing maybe makes sense but then I don't know that they would be able to give him a contractual obligation to stay here, would they? It's a smaller scale obviously, but every year we seem to use players in our kit launch that end up leaving the club - Van der Vaart last year for example.

turdpower
July 5th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Yeah, he's going to turn down the biggest club in the world because BT pay him a bit of money.

Gary J
July 5th, 2013, 3:05 PM
Andy why would you be shocked if Bale was still there at the end of the window I've not seen or read anything that indicates he wants to leave Spurs or indeed that Spurs want to sell. I think Real Madrid even acknowledged they wouldn't be signing this summer the other day.

Andy
July 5th, 2013, 3:12 PM
I'd be shocked because he's a world class player who could walk into most teams in the world. To me, and this isn't me saying this with an anti-Spurs agenda, I think it displays a lack of ambition in some ways. Spurs might get top 4 again this season but he could easily play for a team that is challenging for a league and CL title every year. It's why I don't resent Fabregas or RVP leaving Arsenal, as much as those departures hurt. It just seems a little odd that Spurs haven't managed to get back into the CL for two years, despite his excellent performances, and he's still happy to stay there.

TraXX
July 5th, 2013, 3:24 PM
If John Ruddy goes to Chelsea then I will be incredibly disappointed with the man. Why go to sit on the bench during a world cup year when you could be playing every game? Money. :no:

turdpower
July 5th, 2013, 3:47 PM
Perhaps, rightly or wrongly, he believes he can win the number 1 spot.

Simon
July 5th, 2013, 4:14 PM
I'd be shocked because he's a world class player who could walk into most teams in the world. To me, and this isn't me saying this with an anti-Spurs agenda, I think it displays a lack of ambition in some ways. Spurs might get top 4 again this season but he could easily play for a team that is challenging for a league and CL title every year. It's why I don't resent Fabregas or RVP leaving Arsenal, as much as those departures hurt. It just seems a little odd that Spurs haven't managed to get back into the CL for two years, despite his excellent performances, and he's still happy to stay there.He's 23.

Gary J
July 5th, 2013, 6:52 PM
I'd be shocked because he's a world class player who could walk into most teams in the world. To me, and this isn't me saying this with an anti-Spurs agenda, I think it displays a lack of ambition in some ways. Spurs might get top 4 again this season but he could easily play for a team that is challenging for a league and CL title every year. It's why I don't resent Fabregas or RVP leaving Arsenal, as much as those departures hurt. It just seems a little odd that Spurs haven't managed to get back into the CL for two years, despite his excellent performances, and he's still happy to stay there.

Yes he could walk into most teams in the world but so could Van Persie and Fabregas and they stuck around at Arsenal despite not winning trophies they gave it a good go before deciding to move and I think Bale will do the same as Simon says he's 23 so he's got plenty of time to get a move abroad if he wants one as Madrid will still want him next season or the season after because as Barcelona proved with Fabregas and Madrid proved with Ronaldo they are prepared to wait for targets they want.

I'd be amazed if he wasn't at Spurs next season because he's given no indication he wants to leave unless of course we are counting him not saying where his favourite holiday destination would be as proof he wants out and Madrid themselves have said there's no chance of signing him this summer.

TraXX
July 6th, 2013, 3:09 AM
Yes he could walk into most teams in the world but so could Van Persie and Fabregas and they stuck around at Arsenal despite not winning trophies they gave it a good go before deciding to move and I think Bale will do the same as Simon says he's 23 so he's got plenty of time to get a move abroad if he wants one as Madrid will still want him next season or the season after because as Barcelona proved with Fabregas and Madrid proved with Ronaldo they are prepared to wait for targets they want.

Longest. Sentance. Ever.

Gary J
July 6th, 2013, 3:23 AM
If BBF's dad ever learns of the stuff i did to his daughter he'll get a longer sentance.

BBF
July 6th, 2013, 4:20 AM
I doubt it mate, he can barely walk nowadays

Canuck
July 6th, 2013, 6:38 AM
That's what guns are for. They're there to do the walking for him.

Bennedy
July 6th, 2013, 7:04 AM
Get Gary J to put his balaclava on and he can make it look like a burglary gone wrong.

TraXX
July 7th, 2013, 6:17 AM
Norwich linked with Toby Alderwiereld...

Seriously.

Rip
July 7th, 2013, 6:34 AM
Alderwiereld and van Wolfswinkel...

Bloody hell mate your club shop is going to be minted.

TraXX
July 7th, 2013, 6:57 AM
It'll be balanced out if we get Fer as well.

I knew that we would be able to spend a bit during this window, but to be linked with this calibre of players is increbible. Toivenon, Fer, Biglia and Alderwiereld? We're little old Norwich for fucks sake! :shocked:

Rip
July 7th, 2013, 8:12 AM
And you've got an excellent manager, wouldn't be shocked to see you flirt with a euro spot this year.

The Rosk
July 7th, 2013, 8:51 AM
Fuck that. Villa top one, then it's a fight between United, City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs for the rest.

Did you not see us sign Jed from Norwich?.?.

TraXX
July 7th, 2013, 9:17 AM
Jed Steer is an excellent young keeper. You've got a cracking talent there. :yes:

Rip
July 7th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Dan Gosling to Palace.

Bit worried that we've lost Perch as he offered us a huge range of cover and always dug it out when called on, now Gosling as well, who never got a fair chance really, we need to get a shift on and the only rumour doing the rounds that seems to have any ring to it is that we're going to go in for Remy from QPR.

Glad the Falcons are looking good for next season because right now I don't hold much hope for the round ball.

Gary J
July 7th, 2013, 2:27 PM
Surely any club wanting Remy would wait to see the outcome of his rape trial first?

wardy
July 7th, 2013, 2:29 PM
Apparently that's what Liverpool are doing. But they're only going to sign him if he's found guilty.

turdpower
July 7th, 2013, 2:46 PM
Loved it. :lol:

Simon
July 8th, 2013, 4:19 AM
Ahahaha Arsenal have actually bid for Suarez. This makes no fucking sense.

Hlebsfall
July 8th, 2013, 4:26 AM
Well it does if they're doing it to make Madrid get their arse in gear and stick a bid in for him, to speed up the Higuain deal.

Simon
July 8th, 2013, 4:48 AM
It's so transparent though, putting in a bid for someone who specifically wants to leave England, not Liverpool.

The Rosk
July 8th, 2013, 8:38 AM
Quite interesting how all that has come about. I would have thought Wenger would be balls out for Benteke given he is, for me, exactly the type of player they need up top.

If they don't get Higuain now they will look like proper fools.

Gary J
July 8th, 2013, 8:42 AM
I think Benteke will eventually follow the Dwight Yorke path and earn a move to Man Utd. At least another season with Villa is best for him.

Andy
July 8th, 2013, 9:11 AM
Some people reporting we haven't bid, some people reporting we have. Sounds like bollocks to me. #sillyseason

Peter Griffin
July 8th, 2013, 9:54 AM
Simon, I have signed a player on FM on a free from spurs, Simon Dawkins. I look at his career history and hes been at Spurs since youth level, and yet at 25 hasn't made a first team appearance that I can see. Surely if he's not made the grade by now he never will so why hold onto him? Or am I missing something

Beefy
July 8th, 2013, 9:59 AM
That's the guy who spent the second half of the season at Villa isn't it? He's been playing abroad for years (America?)

Simon
July 8th, 2013, 10:04 AM
Yeah as Beefy said he was with us for years as a kid, then got released, then got re-signed at the age of about 22, loaned out to the MLS for a couple of years and then to Villa. Very strange career.

Peter Griffin
July 8th, 2013, 10:05 AM
According to FM he spent a brief spell on loan at Orient then 2011 and 2012 at San Jose, as well as Villa this past season, just seems bizarre he's been kept on all this time.

Simon
July 8th, 2013, 10:18 AM
Carlo Ancelotti is trying to convince Higuain to stay at Madrid apparently :yes:

Gary J
July 8th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Dawkins career path isn't that bizarre really he's just another player that a premiership team keeps on despite never seemingly wanting to play them

Joel Campbell , Ryo Miyachi , Thibaut Courtois , Patrick van Aanholt , Josh McEachran , GaŽl Kakuta , Daniel Pacheco should all tell their parent clubs to fuck off and get a permanent move elsewhere.

Simon
July 8th, 2013, 10:42 AM
It's weird that we released him at 22 then resigned him at 24 and gave him a new two-year contract. All those players you've mentioned are 21 or so ie. still on their first professional contract. What's weird about Dawkins is that he reached the end of his first contract, clearly hadn't made any impact on the first team, disappeared for two years and was given a new long-term contract. To clarify, he never played for us in that time. Not one solitary minute of football, and yet he still got a new two-year contract at 24.

Gary J
July 8th, 2013, 10:50 AM
Ah right I didn't see that Dawkins was released then re-signed I thought he had been on loan for the two years.

Stand by my point on the players I mentioned they should tell their parent clubs to fuck off.

Simon
July 8th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Everton have signed Kone and are apparently on the verge of signing Alcaraz - I know these are two of Wigan's better players, but it can't fill Everton fans with confidence knowing they are getting in a bunch of players from a relegated side. Also, maybe not really relevant, but it kind of ruins any moral case they have against United nabbing Baines and/or Fellaini.

Gary J
July 8th, 2013, 10:54 AM
I don't think Man United want either Baines or Fellaini to be honest I think it's just lazy journalism that's linked them.

Simon
July 8th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Everton have already confirmed they rejected a £12m bid for Baines I think?

Gary J
July 8th, 2013, 10:59 AM
I thought that was just a twitter rumour?

Simon
July 8th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Villa's signed for Atletico for €5.1m apparently. Absolute bargain.

Andy
July 8th, 2013, 11:21 AM
I thought he was to be a Spurs player by the weekend :dunce:

Simon
July 8th, 2013, 11:23 AM
So did we.

BBF
July 8th, 2013, 11:25 AM
I thought he was to be a Spurs player by the weekend :dunce:

Didn't Higuain have a 'medical' about 2 weeks ago?!

Mike Skillz
July 8th, 2013, 11:48 AM
I don't think Man United want either Baines or Fellaini to be honest I think it's just lazy journalism that's linked them.

Funny you should say that, my Man utd friends seem to think you need him.

Andy
July 8th, 2013, 11:57 AM
Perez has said today that there's no Arsenal offer for Higuain and that Ancelotti wants to keep him. Haha, amazing.

Hlebsfall
July 8th, 2013, 1:25 PM
Wouldn't surprise me if this was the new tactic at Arsenal. Make a load of offers on players that they know won't get accepted, so when it comes to the start of the season, and all they've signed is Diaby on a new 15 year contract, they can go, 'OOH LOOK AT ALL THE PLAYERS WE TRIED TO SIGN THOUGH.'

MMH
July 8th, 2013, 2:05 PM
I thought that was just a twitter rumour?

No it was a proper bid. For the same amount that Moyes called an insult last year.

Gary J
July 8th, 2013, 2:24 PM
Am a little surprised to be honest as much as i rate Baines and think he should be Englands left back. I don't think he's value for the money Everton would want especially since he's not much younger then Evra.

Luke Shaw or Alex Sandro are probably cheaper and more obtainable targets assuming Buttner doesn't impress Moyes enough.

turdpower
July 8th, 2013, 3:33 PM
Yeah, I don't really understand it either. Unless we get silly money from either of those two French sides for Evra.

TraXX
July 8th, 2013, 4:36 PM
:wave: Bye bye Super Grant Holt. Genuine NCFC legend. He strapped us to his back and marched us up to the Premier League.

:cry:

turdpower
July 8th, 2013, 4:43 PM
I find it a bit odd. Why has he dropped down a division?

Andy
July 8th, 2013, 4:47 PM
Because he's shite.

turdpower
July 8th, 2013, 4:48 PM
I should have added "chosen to".

TraXX
July 8th, 2013, 4:57 PM
He's 32, no longer a guarenteed starter and Wigan is much closer to his family.

He is far from shite, but I should've expected that reaction from some people.

MikeHunt
July 8th, 2013, 4:58 PM
Some people who think they know an awful lot.

Torn
July 8th, 2013, 5:10 PM
He is far from shite, but I should've expected that reaction from some people.

HI MATE

Mik
July 8th, 2013, 5:45 PM
Oh Rosk. I am sorry.

Chris Scott
July 8th, 2013, 5:48 PM
Benteke hands in transfer request.

MikeHunt
July 8th, 2013, 6:02 PM
Where's he going then?

BBF
July 8th, 2013, 6:04 PM
Got to be one of the north london clubs surely?

Andy
July 8th, 2013, 6:07 PM
Told you Rosk, sorry mate.

MMH
July 8th, 2013, 6:12 PM
Where's he going then?

Arsenal or Liverpool I reckon dependant on the whole Suarez, Higuain thing.

Rip
July 8th, 2013, 6:18 PM
We're 1:4 to sign Scott Sinclair tomorrow, despite strong denials from the club all day the odds have been coming down all day :dunno:

Bents agent has been in touch with the club trying to get a move as has Remys, Pards wants Bent but Ashley won't pay more than £4m and Remy is more in line with policy but Pards isn't keen because of January when the player gave Pards his word then backed out.

Mik
July 8th, 2013, 6:22 PM
I've heard that Benteke is coming to Sunderland to 'stick it up the villa for what dazzy bent did'. He also thinks his England prospects are better there in joining Paulo Di canio's foreign legion of 'who?' transfers.

Lagom
July 8th, 2013, 6:59 PM
I'm going to be most upset if we end up in another Torres/Carroll situation with Suarez/Benteke.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 8th, 2013, 8:31 PM
Perez has said today that there's no Arsenal offer for Higuain and that Ancelotti wants to keep him. Haha, amazing.

I think that's bargaining nonsense on behalf of Perez. Higuain himself has said he is definitely leaving and there probably is a contract in place with Arsenal but the clubs are fucking around over the fee. Higuain's whole problem with Madrid is that they don't appreciate him and Benzema takes precedence because he is a Perez signing, so I doubt there's really anything in it that Madrid want to keep him. It seems more likely they'll eventually sell him and then slap a proper bid in for Cavani.

Andy
July 8th, 2013, 8:39 PM
:fingersx:

El Capitano Gatisto
July 8th, 2013, 10:38 PM
Handily enough Sid Lowe just fired up an article about that very subject:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2013/jul/08/arsenal-gonzalo-higuain-real-madrid

The Rosk
July 9th, 2013, 3:20 AM
Well Benteke turns out to be a mercenary cunt. Should have expected it really, the way he came to us. Ah well, ship him out for the valuation asap and hope for the best. What a fucking stupid idiot he is. One year man. I hope you rot on a bench somewhere you cunt.

RFF Champ
July 9th, 2013, 3:55 AM
I reckon Villa have known for ages. It can't be a coincidence that they rushed through all their signings to createa buzz about the club and sell season tickets before Benteke leaves. Benteke will never be worth more than he is now so it might work in their favour to cash in now.

The Rosk
July 9th, 2013, 4:01 AM
Told you Rosk, sorry mate.

Told me what? I never said this wouldn't happen, I just think he's a fucking idiot for doing this. In a World Cup year, he has a good young side built around him in which he scored 19 League goals last year. Now he might go to a club where he isn't a big fish after just a year. I think he is genuinely a fucking idiot.

I reckon Villa have known for ages. It can't be a coincidence that they rushed through all their signings to createa buzz about the club and sell season tickets before Benteke leaves. Benteke will never be worth more than he is now so it might work in their favour to cash in now.

Yeah you are probably right. At least we have Super Andi Weimann on a new contract. I love that cunt.

This just leaves us with a massive hole upfront, and relying on Gabby and the new Danish bloke is very risky at best.

Simon
July 9th, 2013, 4:30 AM
Well Benteke turns out to be a mercenary cunt. Should have expected it really, the way he came to us. Ah well, ship him out for the valuation asap and hope for the best. What a fucking stupid idiot he is. One year man. I hope you rot on a bench somewhere you cunt.
Mercenary how? Every team linked with him will offer him better football, more chances of trophies and in a more appealing part of the world. The money will help I'm sure but you're dreaming if you think it's purely money-motivated.

Told me what? I never said this wouldn't happen, I just think he's a fucking idiot for doing this. In a World Cup year, he has a good young side built around him in which he scored 19 League goals last year. Now he might go to a club where he isn't a big fish after just a year. I think he is genuinely a fucking idiot.
If he comes to Spurs he will still be first choice, and would probably score a shitload with all our attacking mids - with a proper striker last year we might well have been top three or better. If he goes Chelsea then maybe you have a point, but us or Arsenal would almost certainly be a good career move for him and a good buy for the club.

Bad Collin
July 9th, 2013, 4:38 AM
If he came to us he would be playing every game too with Sturridge, Coutinho and Stevie G assisting him.

Arsenal seems most likely though if Wenger fancies him.

The Rosk
July 9th, 2013, 6:43 AM
He should go to Arsenal if anywhere as they offer Champions League football and he would start upfront every game if they don't get Higuain. I suspect Chelsea may offer him that too given he is like a young Drogba and Mourinho lives that shut, but Lukaku may be that man anyway. Otherwise it will just be a matter of time before he goes from you to a club like a United or a big club abroad who can offer genuine trophies and consistent Champions League football.

Simon
July 9th, 2013, 6:52 AM
Yeah of course, I'm no under illusion that for properly world-class players we are a stepping stone club. That shouldn't stop us trying to sign them though - better to have a top class player for two years than a decent striker for ten. If we signed Benteke and he banged in 25 goals a season for two years and got us CL football in both of those years before fucking off to one of Europe's top clubs, at least we'd be in a position to replace him with someone of a similar standard.

Simon
July 9th, 2013, 8:31 AM
Us and Liverpool both in for him apparently. I'd like to think we would be the better choice nowadays, depends on the offers though I guess.

The Rosk
July 9th, 2013, 8:34 AM
Fuck football.

Bad Collin
July 9th, 2013, 8:52 AM
Us and Liverpool both in for him apparently. I'd like to think we would be the better choice nowadays, depends on the offers though I guess.

He wants to be in London doesn't he? I don't think we have much of a chance of getting him. We will probably both get gazumped by some CL playing bastards.

The Rosk
July 9th, 2013, 9:06 AM
Well fuck it. We'll stick to our guns and until someone meets our valuation (which I am still sure will not be £20m or less) then we're keeping him.

We have stuck to our guns before on transfers like these (Milner £27m, Downing £20m, Young £17m in his last year, Barry £12m in his last year) and we'll do so again. I'm sure Lambert knows what he's doing.

Peter Griffin
July 9th, 2013, 9:11 AM
You ok Rosk? You seem to be on the verge of a breakdown? (coming from me that is saying something)

Simon
July 9th, 2013, 9:55 AM
Well fuck it. We'll stick to our guns and until someone meets our valuation (which I am still sure will not be £20m or less) then we're keeping him.

We have stuck to our guns before on transfers like these (Milner £27m, Downing £20m, Young £17m in his last year, Barry £12m in his last year) and we'll do so again. I'm sure Lambert knows what he's doing.

True actually, looking at those players you do have a history of getting in good prices for your players - in which case you will undoubtably price us out of it. Then again the way Benteke talked when he first joined makes me wonder if he has a release fee (but then again, why would he need to put in a transfer request if he has a release fee?)..

The Rosk
July 9th, 2013, 10:54 AM
You ok Rosk? You seem to be on the verge of a breakdown? (coming from me that is saying something)

Nope? Just a little pissed off initially as anyone would be when their best player wants to leave when the team has been built around him.

I can only imagine it was the same for you when Paul Peschisolido or Sasa Curcic left you.

Peter Griffin
July 9th, 2013, 11:00 AM
Firstly Sasa Curcic never played for Derby to my knowledge, Secondly Pesch was at the end of his career and it was time for him to go, and the team was never really built around him, though he scored some important goals. I don't know if you are having a pop by pointing out the inferior quality of our players but whatever, Thanks for Ian Taylor though he was awesome :yes:

The Rosk
July 9th, 2013, 1:15 PM
DINGDINGDING

TraXX
July 9th, 2013, 2:57 PM
Schwarzer signs for Chelsea! Hopefully that'll end their interest in Ruddy. :yes:

Appaz, Fer was in Norwich today having a look around and Toby A should be in our fair city later this week. :hyper:

Ringo
July 9th, 2013, 3:17 PM
That is a much more reasonable signing than trying for Ruddy at £10m or whatever. :yes:

We might still go for another - I'm not sure if Sam Walker or Jamal Blackman will be considered good enough for 3rd choice.

Maybe a striker, maybe an experienced DM. Other than that, we're probably done.

Simon
July 9th, 2013, 3:56 PM
No brainer to sign Schwarzer really. Much more logical than banging eight figures on Ruddy who isn't as good as Cech and won't be as good as Courtois when he comes back.

Peter Griffin
July 9th, 2013, 3:58 PM
DINGDINGDING

Jesus call the mental home, Rosk is losing it proper.

Bennedy
July 9th, 2013, 4:01 PM
Good signing by us. Don't see the problem with keeping Blackman as third choice. Makes no sense to sign another keeper when Courtois will most likely return next year.

Gary J
July 9th, 2013, 4:12 PM
When Courtois returns I want him to tell Chelsea to go fuck themselves and that he wants a permanent move to Atletico Madrid would serve them right for constantly sending him on loan there.

Gary J
July 9th, 2013, 4:13 PM
Besides would he even get a chance at Chelsea Cech is still pretty young for a goalkeeper isn't he?

turdpower
July 9th, 2013, 4:22 PM
He is, but he's never been the same since he had his kids names kicked out of his brain.

The Rosk
July 9th, 2013, 4:22 PM
Hahgahahgahahhaha

Ringo
July 9th, 2013, 5:00 PM
When Courtois returns I want him to tell Chelsea to go fuck themselves and that he wants a permanent move to Atletico Madrid would serve them right for constantly sending him on loan there.

When he signed it was generally agreed that he would go on loan to Atletico for 2 years, go on loan to a Prem side for a year and then join Chelsea and presumably replace Cech. As it happens his time at Atletico has been so successful so he's staying there for a third year. Fully expect him to return next Summer as planned. He's a 21 goalkeeper, earning loads of money, playing for his national side, has won the Europa League and Copa Del Rey, will be playing Champions League football next season and is scheduled to take over from a top goalkeeper at a top club. I'd say he should be pretty happy with where his career is right now.

If he ends up going out on loan again for a 4th year or returning to sit on the bench all year I'd agree with you but at the moment it's all going according to plans.

Simon
July 9th, 2013, 5:05 PM
He is, but he's never been the same since he had his kids names kicked out of his brain.

hahahahahaha

Andy
July 9th, 2013, 5:48 PM
Gary J why do you have such an issue with players going out on loan?

As Ringo said, the benefits for Courtois are obvious. Of the Arsenal players you mentioned, Ryo Miyachi had one season in Holland to get a work permit then was sent out to Wigan to get PL experience. The same type of deal that has been of great benefit to the likes of Wilshere, Cleverley, Sturridge and Joe Hart recently. When Ryo got injured he was sent back to Arsenal who paid for his treatment and now that the loan is finished he'll continue to get a large wage and top class training at one of the best facilities in Europe. Why exactly should players like him be telling their parent clubs to fuck off? Joel Campbell needed to do two years in Europe to get a UK work permit I believe. I guess Wenger doesn't believe he's ready/needed yet so he's gone out on loan to get games and experience. Again, why exactly should be be upset with arsenal for that? :dunno:

The Rosk
July 9th, 2013, 6:19 PM
Villa make it clear that its minimum 25 million for Benteke. Cool. Come on Chelsea, chuck us Lukaku and 8 million and we'll say deal.

Gary J
July 9th, 2013, 6:24 PM
I don't have a problem with players going out on loan its when they continually keep going out on loan fair enough Joel Campbell needed two years before getting a permit but what is the point of Pacheco staying at Liverpool for example he's been loaned out for the past three seasons now and has he even been given a chance to show what he can do for Liverpool.

You mention Ryo Miyachi getting loaned to Feyenoord he was also loaned to Bolton as well as Wigan and he'll probably get loaned out again this season what exactly is the point of him staying at Arsenal he's just going down the same career path as Henri Lansbury , Kyle Bartley. Never at his parent club getting a chance to show what he can do.

Gary J
July 9th, 2013, 6:28 PM
When he signed it was generally agreed that he would go on loan to Atletico for 2 years, go on loan to a Prem side for a year and then join Chelsea and presumably replace Cech. As it happens his time at Atletico has been so successful so he's staying there for a third year. Fully expect him to return next Summer as planned. He's a 21 goalkeeper, earning loads of money, playing for his national side, has won the Europa League and Copa Del Rey, will be playing Champions League football next season and is scheduled to take over from a top goalkeeper at a top club. I'd say he should be pretty happy with where his career is right now.

If he ends up going out on loan again for a 4th year or returning to sit on the bench all year I'd agree with you but at the moment it's all going according to plans.

He will be sitting on the bench next year if he returns unless Cech leaves which I can't see happening I just don't think Courtois will be happy with that especially after being first choice at Atletico and like you say it's been a successful spell for him wouldn't be a huge surprise if he decided he wanted to stay there permanently and who could blame him if he does want that.

MikeHunt
July 9th, 2013, 6:35 PM
I don't have a problem with players going out on loan its when they continually keep going out on loan fair enough Joel Campbell needed two years before getting a permit but what is the point of Pacheco staying at Liverpool for example he's been loaned out for the past three seasons now and has he even been given a chance to show what he can do for Liverpool.

You mention Ryo Miyachi getting loaned to Feyenoord he was also loaned to Bolton as well as Wigan and he'll probably get loaned out again this season what exactly is the point of him staying at Arsenal he's just going down the same career path as Henri Lansbury , Kyle Bartley. Never at his parent club getting a chance to show what he can do.

Probably fortunate in the case of Kyle Bartley fucking bombscare.

Gary J
July 9th, 2013, 6:39 PM
Well yeah I've never been impressed by Bartley when I've seen him but I remember some Arsenal fans on here saying he should be given a chance instead he just got sent out on loan again and again. Looks like Swansea are going to do the same as Arsenal as I saw he's been loaned out to Birmingham for the season.

MikeHunt
July 9th, 2013, 6:42 PM
Not surprised cause he is genuinely shite. I can't remember a single half decent performance in the 20 odd games he played for rangers in two seasons.

Andy
July 9th, 2013, 7:26 PM
Surely you can see why the likes of Lansbury and Bartley, youth products who were on the fringes of the first team for a while, would want to try everything to succeed at Arsenal before the move down a division?

Gary J
July 9th, 2013, 7:45 PM
My issue isn't with the players its the clubs.

Andy
July 9th, 2013, 8:07 PM
But what exactly do you think the club should do? Take Henri Lansbury for example, he went out on loan to Scunthorpe then Norwich from the age of 17 to 19. Do Arsenal then take a look and say, nope not good enough yet, lets release him and he can sink or swim. Maybe he gets picked up, maybe he doesn't.

Gary J
July 9th, 2013, 8:20 PM
I dont think they should loan a player out for 4 seasons in a row like Arsenal did with Lansbury. How is he going to progress the way Wenger wants him to if he's not prepared to play a part in that progression?

You mentioned the likes of Wilshere , Cleverley , Sturridge and Hart benefitting from loan spells and this is true because after doing well on loan they got a chance at their parent clubs as they proved they were up to it. Did Lansbury need to be loaned out for 4 seasons before Wenger could make an assessment on him?

Andy
July 9th, 2013, 8:32 PM
Everyone's different. Tom Cleverley went from three successive loan spells to Manchester United regular.

Maybe Wenger never saw Lansbury as being up to it long term? So what would be best for all parties in that case? Surely it would be Lansbury getting games. Better chance of getting a move if he's getting game time and league experience.

Just had a look at Andros Townsend's wiki page. He's been loaned out to nine clubs and he's only 21, but you wouldn't bet against him playing a reasonably big part for Spurs next season.

Gary J
July 9th, 2013, 8:43 PM
I think a few of Townsends move have been short 1 month loans. Also he had a new manager in AVB who had a look at him for half a season before loaning him out if he loans him out again this season i would think he's never going to break through. I think Lukaku is in the same situation if he gets loaned out again its probably best he thinks about leaving.

Andy
July 9th, 2013, 8:52 PM
Lukaku will be earning a shit load of money though. If he has to sit on the bench every week maybe, but if he gets loaned out and he's getting games as well as being paid Chelsea wages, why would he want to leave? Absolutely win win for him.

Gary J
July 10th, 2013, 1:16 AM
Its only win win for him in terms of money. Based on last season i would say he is ready to be playing a part for Chelsea so i don't see what good another loan spell does him.

Simon
July 10th, 2013, 4:25 AM
Its only win win for him in terms of money. Based on last season i would say he is ready to be playing a part for Chelsea so i don't see what good another loan spell does him.

If Mourinho decides he's up to playing regularly for Chelsea then yes, it would make no sense to send him out on loan. But if that was the case, then he wouldn't send him on loan would he. So it makes more sense to send him to a club where he can thrive as he did for West Brom last season, then come back a better player next year, more equipped to be a Chelsea regular.

Young players get sent on loan to aid their development until they are good enough for the first team, whether that is at 18 or at 23...it's not a difficult concept Gary. Take Lansbury for example - he was presumably considered a good prospect as he was given a long-term contract. They gave him a couple of years on loan as preparation for the first team. He came back, and obviously wasn't considered up to it yet (otherwise he would have been in the squad), so they sent him on loan again to see if he was a late developer. He still wasn't up to it, so they got rid...the loan system you seem to have a problem with is a perfectly logical, mutually beneficial system that allows young players to get first team football with a view to eventually being a first team player for their parent club. I don't understand your problem with it at all.

Ringo
July 10th, 2013, 4:49 AM
Well Mourinho has supposedly told him he is in his plans and won't be going anywhere. Not surprising considering he had a better season than both our strikers.

I don't think Gary J's analysis applies to Lukaku or Courtois at all - but it might be a fair point for others.

Funny thing is, Ryan Bertrand had more loan spells than anyone (5 over a 5 year period) and many people were urging him to tell Chelsea to fuck off as well. It didn't look as though he was ever going to get a chance despite impressing wherever he'd been. But he ended up being the first player to graduate from the youth teams and take an actual spot in the squad since John Terry. If he had finally asked for a move after finishing his last loan spell at Forest where would he be now? There may have been a couple of Prem clubs in for him right off the bat but I don't recall any being linked. Might have had to work his way up from the Championship. He hung on for just about as long as he could and has since been capped by England, started a Champions League final, won other trophies and signed a new 4 year contract.

Simon
July 10th, 2013, 5:44 AM
TraXX mate I really hope you sign Leroy Fer, he sounds great :D

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/fail/149373/fc-twente-dimwit-leroy-fer-spends-22k-on-pet-horse-for-girlfriend-before-realising-she-lives-in-block-of-flats.html

In a bid to woo his girlfried with a grand, spur-of-the-moment display of his financial fortitude, FC Twente midfielder Leroy Fer blew £22,000 at auction on a stallion (called Django) for her to keep as a pet.

We’ve all been there; trying to seduce the ladies with livestock – there was, however, one small problem: Leroy’s girlfriend lives in the upper reaches of an apartment block and therefore had absolutely nowhere to keep said horse. Nice try Leroy, nice try.

After his girlfriend pointed out the small logistical oversight, Fer was then left trying to immediately offload Django to the next highest bidder which, by all accounts, he was able to do – though at a significant loss.

Basically, the poor chump’s ended up paying about £3,000 for absolutely nothing.

Ringo
July 10th, 2013, 5:49 AM
typical Leroy!

Simon
July 10th, 2013, 5:49 AM
Andy Cole's son is playing for City now...chip off the old block...

http://content.mcfc.co.uk//~/media/Images/Shared/Players/Players1112/EDS/Devante%20cole%20Right%20Facing.ashx?mh=450&mw=800

Striker as well.

TraXX
July 10th, 2013, 7:01 AM
:D

Fer and Ollson having medicals today, from what I've heard. £4.3M and £2.5M respectively. Madness, IF TRUE! :hyper:

The Rosk
July 10th, 2013, 7:57 AM
Benteke is a fucking prick. Have I mentioned that yet?

Cheers.

Simon
July 10th, 2013, 7:59 AM
So presumably all those youngsters you bought are pricks, along with every other footballer ever except Matt Le Tissier?

son_of_foley
July 10th, 2013, 8:34 AM
So presumably all those youngsters you bought are pricks, along with every other footballer ever except Matt Le Tissier?

Not every transfer is the same.

Rosk isn't vilifying (no pun intended) everyone who wants to leave, he said before he was used to footballers wanting to continue their career and there isn't much fondness for clubs etc these days. I think he was fine with Jimmy Milner leaving for example.

With Benteke, and I'm guessing here, the annoyance probably stems from the fact that Villa took a risk on him as he had a car-jacking charge over his head when they signed him. He's only been there for 1 year and is so fundamental to how they play. 1 year into a 4 year contract is infuriating for fans.

The one thing I would say is going for him, from my personal viewpoint, is that he actually handed in the transfer request and didn't just skirt around it by making eyes to other teams in the media.

The Rosk
July 10th, 2013, 8:47 AM
Bang.

I know loyalty means practically nothing nowadays in this ridiculous sport. But there is a clear difference between a youngster signing for a Premier League side who has played 150+ games over a number of seasons for Crewe Alexandra, getting the club a necessary big cash injection for their level in very tight times and leaping up two divisions in the process, compared to a guy who was on a carjacking arrest at a no-name European club when we took a chance on him, benching our record transfer signing to build the team around him, and getting him a starting place for his country as a result of the risk we took on him. It is less than a year since we signed him, and he could easily have waited for next Summer and noone at the club would begrudge him that at all. I and 1PA have even said as much, and he'd be playing at a Champions League side before his 23rd birthday.

As SOF says, this is why I still love Jimmy Milner. He went for £27 million to a club that was fighting for a title (and they won) and he gave absolutely everything for us for a combined three years, became one of our best players by far, then moved on.

Football genuinely sickens me sometimes.

Bad Collin
July 10th, 2013, 8:54 AM
At least Benteke handed in a transfer request rather than just bitching to the press about how much you hate the press.

The Rosk
July 10th, 2013, 8:58 AM
Some stats for the youngsters we have bought:

Joe Bennett (85 games for Middlesbrough)
Matt Lowton (82 games for Ipswich)
Ashley Westwood (123 games for Crewe)
Aleksandr Tonev (74 games for Lech Poznan)
Jores Okore (76 games for Nordsjaelland)
Niklas Helenius (102 games for Aalborg)

Christian Benteke: 38 games for Aston Villa

Fuck him.

Mik
July 10th, 2013, 8:58 AM
To be fair, Bent came to us where we absolutely rejuvenated a career he had spent a couple of years sitting in Spurs reserves going nowhere. He was on a decent length contract with us, gave us one good year, talked about how much he loved playing at Sunderland and didnt want to leave, meanwhile he was in Birmingham on the sly talking to Villa.

Didnt see your lot complaining there.

The Rosk
July 10th, 2013, 9:05 AM
It was over eighteen months Mik, considering he played 66 games for you. And Bent came to you with a significantly higher reputation than Benteke came to us with, given he had previously scored over 50 Premiership goals. People were in here mocking the Benteke signing when it happened and when he missed an open goal on his debut.