PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Bad Collin
May 28th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Looks like Dortmund are getting Erikson and Papasuperdoupolulous. Not being in the CL sucks.

Hlebsfall
May 28th, 2013, 2:43 PM
Liverpool signing Toure. I know it's on a free, but he was shit when he left Arsenal. He's barely played since.

turdpower
May 28th, 2013, 3:06 PM
Decent signing for a mid table team.

Ringo
May 28th, 2013, 9:42 PM
Monaco sign Carvalho as well.

I hear their average attendance last season was 5,300... less than Luton Town :lol:

Will be bizarre.

McBain
May 29th, 2013, 12:29 AM
We should try and start some rumours again this year and get them in the national press. That was a laugh.

turdpower
May 29th, 2013, 1:55 AM
Monaco sign Carvalho as well.

I hear their average attendance last season was 5,300... less than Luton Town :lol:

Will be bizarre.

Well you assume this will change now they have been promoted and are spending 200m on players.

Bad Collin
May 29th, 2013, 4:14 AM
Decent signing for a mid table team.

He's a decent stop gap while we scour the globe for someone to be there long term. I think he will be a good partner for Dagger too.

I like the Skrtel to Arse for £12 million rumours, he is decent but inconsistant and that is silly money.

Gary J
May 29th, 2013, 4:53 AM
Kolo Toure is a good fit for Liverpool his constant need to prove he can play football by making surging runs forward with the ball before he gives it away needlessly will fit in perfectly with Brendan's vision.

Lagom
May 29th, 2013, 5:30 AM
Well you assume this will change now they have been promoted and are spending 200m on players.

You say that, but technically, they're not even allowed to play in Ligue 1 next season, due to their tax exemption status. Will be interesting to see if they'll win the case fairly, or if they'll just bully the French FA by buying more huge stars.

turdpower
May 29th, 2013, 11:44 AM
I hope it's the latter.

Ringo
May 29th, 2013, 11:49 AM
And then maybe they'll get 10,000 show up.

Chris Scott
May 29th, 2013, 1:27 PM
He's a decent stop gap while we scour the globe for someone to be there long term. I think he will be a good partner for Dagger too.

I like the Skrtel to Arse for £12 million rumours, he is decent but inconsistant and that is silly money.

Nah I don't like were signing him when we've got very good youth in Kelly and Wisdom, go with them. As for Skrtel he's had 1 good season in 5 and half years, time to get rid of him.

Chris Scott
May 29th, 2013, 1:28 PM
RadioCity 96.7 Reports that we've have agreed a £9m fee for Celta Vigo striker Iago Aspas.

Ringo
May 29th, 2013, 1:38 PM
We were supposedly after him a couple of years back. Looked good.

Lagom
May 29th, 2013, 2:14 PM
Also supposedly a cunt like Suarez, can't wait :yes:

Chris Scott
May 29th, 2013, 4:24 PM
Yeah but according to the usual Suarez talking to Uruguay papers he's had enough of the English press and wants to leave.

Simon
May 30th, 2013, 4:52 AM
Hey guess what everyone, Spurs are trying to sign Damiao but it's a struggle because of the number of agents involved. New information.

Lagom
May 31st, 2013, 2:32 PM
Falcao to Monaco confirmed by their owner. Terrific posturing from him.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 3rd, 2013, 10:55 AM
Sid Lowe of The Guardian is reporting that Man City are signing Jesus Navas for £17 million. He's a great player but it does a seem bit risky given his history of travel anxiety. He's over it now with Spain and is able to play abroad, obviously going to the last World Cup and the Euros last year, but it seems like actually living abroad might be a different kettle of fish.

Simon
June 3rd, 2013, 11:08 AM
Bale will not be sold this Summer under any circumstances and hasn't been agitating to leave. His young baby is a factor in this.
Huddlestone, Livermore and possibly Parker (if we get a good offer) are expected to depart, leaving Sandro as the only remaining defensive midfielder.
Rose and Townsend will be in the first team squad next season.
He doesn't think anyone will be interested in buying Adebayor because of his wages.
Levy is a nightmare to do business with (surprise) and his habit of dragging deals out to the last minute aggravates the other directors as well as the fans. I didn't get the impression that he expects this to change.
The decision to remove Redknapp was motivated by a wide variety of factors, not just last season's slump in form. Quite a lot of it had to do with the club rule on public statements that "everything goes through Donna [Cullen]", a rule that Harry was obviously unable to follow whenever he was confronted with a microphone and a reporter.
We are still trying to sign Damiao and also Paulinho

:dunno:

Mik
June 3rd, 2013, 11:13 AM
Weird stuff picking up about Mignolet. He gave an interview the other week saying how it was not fun playing always fighting for relegation and how he hoped that the team would perform better next year so he wouldnt have to do that. That got reported as 'Hints that Mignolet is planning to stay on Wearside for another year', that same quote, same stories are now being reported as 'Mignolet unsettled says its 'not fun' playing for relegation strugglers Sunderland' and that Liverpool are reading a £6.5m bid to poach him away. This is despite Sunderland putting a 'Hands off' on him when Arsenal were considering a £10m bid. The same article also says that Liverpool had originally wanted Begovic, but baulked at the £15m price tag on him...yet supposedly Mignolet is going to go for less than half of that?

Silly season.

Simon
June 4th, 2013, 8:21 AM
Mignolet wouldn't cost as much as Begovic I don't think.

Fulham have signed Maarten Stekelenburg from Roma for £3m...bit of a fall from grace for him, he was being linked with loads of top clubs a year or so ago.

Alf
June 5th, 2013, 8:50 AM
Benteke swap with Defoe. Go on Rosk. You can also have all our other shit players.

The Rosk
June 5th, 2013, 8:56 AM
Nah. He's too good for you.

Simon
June 5th, 2013, 9:02 AM
Wooooo one of those swap deals that always happens.

Alf
June 5th, 2013, 9:57 AM
Swap him you fucking nard.

turdpower
June 5th, 2013, 12:42 PM
Mignolet wouldn't cost as much as Begovic I don't think.

Fulham have signed Maarten Stekelenburg from Roma for £3m...bit of a fall from grace for him, he was being linked with loads of top clubs a year or so ago.

The Van Der Sar career route.

Ringo
June 5th, 2013, 12:47 PM
City paying £34m for Fernandinho supposedly. He was outstanding against us last season. Shakhtar's best player for me, even over Willian who also had a great game.

turdpower
June 5th, 2013, 1:12 PM
I wish these Ronaldo rumours would fuck off.

Getting me all worked up over nothing.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 5th, 2013, 3:12 PM
His flouncing about during the season was basically tabloid gold. They'll keep flogging it because people live in hope. Someone on my Facebook actually posted The Sun article on his newsfeed today as if it was serious news. He's never going back, let's all be honest. If he goes anywhere it'll be PSG or Monaco. I'm sure he does remember United fondly but he's 28 now and those clubs will probably pay him half a million quid a week if they can get near him.

turdpower
June 5th, 2013, 3:26 PM
Any (if any) hope was there, it was when Fergie was still in charge.

turdpower
June 5th, 2013, 3:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixZjoc_jlmQ

Bad Collin
June 7th, 2013, 6:37 AM
I'm not sure about this new 'money is no object' stance from Arsenal. Surely that statement has just increased prices for them? Then again it can't just be more posturing for the wavering season ticket holders - can it?

Alf
June 7th, 2013, 8:34 AM
Bentley and Gallas have been released. Frees up some lovely wages.

McBain
June 7th, 2013, 9:10 AM
Would happily give Gallas a bash down the Villa. Unless he's turned dog shit since I last saw him of course.

Alf
June 7th, 2013, 9:21 AM
He has.

Ringo
June 7th, 2013, 10:54 AM
As expected: Turnbull, Hilario, Benayoun, Ferreira and Malouda. Cheers guys. Ross Turnbull's medal haul is pretty impressive ;)

Andy
June 7th, 2013, 11:03 AM
We've released Arshavin, Denilson and Squillaci. Probably 200k/week off the wage bill there.

Bad Collin
June 7th, 2013, 11:41 AM
I see Spurs released John Bostock, I thought he was highly rated.

Hlebsfall
June 7th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Yeah, in 2002.

Rip
June 11th, 2013, 6:19 AM
Reports from Italy that we've secured Douglas on a free, would be nice but I doubt it.

Simon
June 11th, 2013, 6:31 AM
I remember thinking he was quality when I saw him for Twente, must have been a few years ago now though.

Peter Griffin
June 11th, 2013, 7:22 AM
We have signed Jonny Russell from Dundee Utd, not that anyone gives a shit except me :shifty:

BBF
June 11th, 2013, 7:41 AM
RFF-ers will pay some attention.

Simon
June 11th, 2013, 8:05 AM
Spurs transfer info has gone so quiet since Redknapp left :(

Mik
June 11th, 2013, 8:18 AM
So you're saying ITK Ben was Harry Redknapp?

Rip
June 11th, 2013, 8:48 AM
I remember thinking he was quality when I saw him for Twente, must have been a few years ago now though.

We've nearly signed him three times now, I just don't think it's meant to which is a shame because he'd be a good addition for us, big strong commanding and a good football brain as well, if we keep Colo they'd be a pretty dominant pairing.

Simon
June 11th, 2013, 10:05 AM
So you're saying ITK Ben was Harry Redknapp?

Think Ben had a secret microphone attached to Rosie's collar.

Simon
June 11th, 2013, 10:56 AM
Some FIFA agent is claiming we've agreed a fee of €80m with Madrid for Bale :dunno:

turdpower
June 11th, 2013, 11:45 AM
You can have Nani for €20m as a replacement.

Ringo
June 11th, 2013, 11:52 AM
He's a notorious bullshitter btw...

François Gallardo doesn't exactly have a history of accuracy. He once claimed John Terry had "signed for Valencia", as well as Didier Drogba's "completed move to Barcelona", none of which actually happened, so Tottenham fans are hoping he is completely off the mark on this one too.

Yeah THAT guy.

son_of_foley
June 12th, 2013, 5:05 AM
Man City have made some good signings so far. Interesting window. Bound to get more interesting as well

Rip
June 12th, 2013, 8:22 AM
Local press reporting we're bringing Bent in, he worked well with Pards at Charlton and he's looking for first team football to confirm his England place, might be a nice partner for Cisse.

The Rosk
June 12th, 2013, 12:52 PM
Well with us unwilling to sell Benteke, signing up Weimann to a long-term contract and bringing this tall fucker in then it looks like his days are numbered. £8 million should do it. He'll still score loads of goals provided he doesn't get injured for half the season again.

Rip
June 12th, 2013, 3:10 PM
Figure mentioned was £6 which I thought would be a bit low, I'd love to see him come if I'm honest, he'd link up well with Cisse and HBA and he'd give us an option we don't have,

TraXX
June 12th, 2013, 3:45 PM
We've been linked with some interesting players. Rumours floating around forums/facebook say that we've agreed a fee of aprox 4M for Ola Toivenan, as well as constant links with Capel and Hooper.

Not used to being linked with decent players! :D

Also, the wife is pregnant. :hyper:

Andy
June 12th, 2013, 3:54 PM
Haha, just throw that in at the end there! :lol:

Congrats mate

Ringo
June 12th, 2013, 3:58 PM
Man City have made some good signings so far. Interesting window. Bound to get more interesting as well

Yeah. If they get Isco they'll be looking pretty deadly. Obviously linked with Cavani as well...

Fernandinho - Y Toure

Jesus Navas - Isco - Silva

Aguero

:scared:

And congrats Traxx!

Rip
June 12th, 2013, 4:00 PM
We've been linked with some interesting players. Rumours floating around forums/facebook say that we've agreed a fee of aprox 4M for Ola Toivenan, as well as constant links with Capel and Hooper.

Not used to being linked with decent players! :D

Also, the wife is pregnant. :hyper:

Congrats mate, advice? Sleep now you'll get none for the rest of your life once the baby arrives.

son_of_foley
June 12th, 2013, 4:16 PM
Congrats traxx

The Rosk
June 12th, 2013, 5:55 PM
Ahhhhhh congrats TraXX mate. Xxxx

Bennedy
June 12th, 2013, 7:00 PM
Well done Traxx mate! Hope Norwich stay up and all that.

turdpower
June 13th, 2013, 1:42 AM
I do find it a bit mad when clubs sign players without having a manager.

RFF Champ
June 13th, 2013, 3:01 AM
Well with us unwilling to sell Benteke, signing up Weimann to a long-term contract and bringing this tall fucker in then it looks like his days are numbered.

The website's packed with stuff about Weimann and his new contract, the announcement of two new forward signings with gushings from Petrov about one of them, a new defender to make it about £10mil spent so far. I think the club are prepping the fans for some bad news.

Bennedy
June 13th, 2013, 5:20 AM
I do find it a bit mad when clubs sign players without having a manager.

Yeah, this really annoys me. What if a manager comes in and falls out with that player you just bought? Or what if he doesn't want him in the first place?

son_of_foley
June 13th, 2013, 5:34 AM
Yeah, this really annoys me. What if a manager comes in and falls out with that player you just bought? Or what if he doesn't want him in the first place?

The idea being the manager becomes more of a coach and the management of the squad is seperate until you find someone you fully trust who is in for the long term. If you have a DOF or similar the manager would have little to do with the specific players in

Torn
June 13th, 2013, 6:15 AM
Figure mentioned was £6 which I thought would be a bit low, I'd love to see him come if I'm honest, he'd link up well with Cisse and HBA and he'd give us an option we don't have,

Yeah six quid is a bit low, he's worth atleast a tenner.

Peter Griffin
June 13th, 2013, 7:18 AM
Need some aloe-vera Rip, you just got burned.

The Rosk
June 13th, 2013, 7:49 AM
Sitting next to Alan Pardew at lunch lads. He has a fit young woman next to him.

wardy
June 13th, 2013, 7:56 AM
Newcastle must be getting desperate.

Ringo
June 13th, 2013, 1:12 PM
Schurrle deal done then. A bit skeptical myself but he should offer something different and can fill in two positions. From seeing him before I get the feeling he'll be a frustrating player. Very pleased that Mourinho (supposedly) put a stop to KDB's inclusion in the deal. I'm looking forward to seeing him get a chance next season.

I see Villa have signed Jores Okore and some other guy. Must say, Okore looked like an absolute beast against us in the Champions League. Super strong, never tired, winning headers and blocking shots all over the place. Also potentially a bit of a thug.

Rip
June 13th, 2013, 3:09 PM
Need some aloe-vera Rip, you just got burned.

Doesn't bother me mate, we're the ones paying so I'll take six quid for him :D

Rip
June 13th, 2013, 3:09 PM
Sitting next to Alan Pardew at lunch lads. He has a fit young woman next to him.

So what squad number do you have for next season then?

El Capitano Gatisto
June 13th, 2013, 3:20 PM
http://ngoisao.net/Files/Subject/3b/9e/04/0b/hot1.jpg

Did she finally get her man? Good man Pardew if he did track her down, but he better keep an eye on his skin and/or organs if he ever tries to leave her.

son_of_foley
June 15th, 2013, 4:34 PM
Mingolet to pool. Interesting. Think Rodgers has done a really solid job with that squad. If he turns a profit on reina thats fantastic.

Get rid of skrtel and downing and he should get a fucking medal.

Looking to replace Gerrard now as well I guess.

Think Liverpool will win trophies soon even if he's not still there.

Suarez deal is a big one. If he swings Alonso and cash might work out well

Bad Collin
June 15th, 2013, 6:35 PM
Rodgers had a mare with his signings last summer but Sturridge and Coutinho were great buys. There is a lot of work to do if we are going to get anywhere near the top four though.

We won't sign Alonso, he is too old and is paid too much.

Rip
June 16th, 2013, 3:56 PM
Olivier Kemen from Metz, 17 year old striker highly rated by French journalists... Into youth team for the future I guess.

Oh and Joe Kinnear as Director of Football.

Peter Griffin
June 16th, 2013, 4:17 PM
Wonder if he will negotiate a deal to bring Charles Nzogbia back to the club :shifty:

Rip
June 16th, 2013, 4:41 PM
He'd have to sleep on it...

Peter Griffin
June 16th, 2013, 4:55 PM
Touche.

son_of_foley
June 17th, 2013, 4:46 AM
Kyle Lafferty is off to Palermo.

Interesting.

Going to guess he won't get much game time and when he does it will be on the left wing

Bad Collin
June 17th, 2013, 5:40 AM
Looks like Mignolet is coming to us for about £10 million. I'm pretty happy with that.

I hope we get a decent bid for Suarez, I get the feeling that he is depreciating by £5million every time he is interviewed. I don't think we will be bullied into selling him cheap but a Tevez style stand off looks imminent. Someone just give us £50 million please.

Simon
June 17th, 2013, 5:44 AM
So is Reina definitely going? Because a month or so ago the Mignolet deal made sense - Valdes was going to Monaco, so Reina would go to Barca, so Mignolet could go to Liverpool...then Valdes changed his mind and decided to stay another year. So where does Reina go?

Andy
June 17th, 2013, 6:01 AM
Palermo are in Serie B now so Lafferty might do ok. Mind you he only scored about three goals in a year in Switzerland so who knows.

Newcastle bringing back Joe Kinnear is so fucking funny. Just as you think they were making the club more stable and respectable.

Predictably we're linked with some top players but seem unwilling to pay top money.

son_of_foley
June 17th, 2013, 6:05 AM
Palermo are in Serie B now so Lafferty might do ok. Mind you he only scored about three goals in a year in Switzerland so who knows.

Newcastle bringing back Joe Kinnear is so fucking funny. Just as you think they were making the club more stable and respectable.

Predictably we're linked with some top players but seem unwilling to pay top money.

As someone who watched a bit of Sion. His goal haul is not a suprise. Joke club doesn't even come close to the staggering way that place is run.

Again he ended up on the wing and looked crap.

He needs to play through the middle if he's ever to make good on his potential (which is looking less and less likely every year)

Fair play to him for taking a different route though and not just going straight back to championship or whatever

son_of_foley
June 17th, 2013, 6:06 AM
So is Reina definitely going? Because a month or so ago the Mignolet deal made sense - Valdes was going to Monaco, so Reina would go to Barca, so Mignolet could go to Liverpool...then Valdes changed his mind and decided to stay another year. So where does Reina go?

Arsenal link will come back up but he'll prob go sit on the bench at Barca for a year before becoming #1 choice.

Rip
June 17th, 2013, 6:10 AM
Mingolet looked awesome against us, but £10m seems high, surely you could have beaten the price down or offloaded someone in part-ex?

son_of_foley
June 17th, 2013, 6:17 AM
Rodgers had a mare with his signings last summer but Sturridge and Coutinho were great buys. There is a lot of work to do if we are going to get anywhere near the top four though.

We won't sign Alonso, he is too old and is paid too much.

I think getting actual money for Charlie Adam was a terrific bit of business. Getting Joe Cole away as well. Would have guess the wage bill was reduced massively last year but I havent seen any figures to back that up

It's staggering to think how much money was wasted on Cole, Adam, Downing, Carroll, Aquilani and you could probably through Maxi Rodriguez in there as well for the amount he played.

Bad Collin
June 17th, 2013, 6:27 AM
Very true, he has done well in getting rid of deadwood and bring through the youth. Comoli and Dalglish set the club back years with their signings. Imagine if we had £35 million to spend instead of having Carroll to offload.

As for Reina, I have no idea. He was good last year after a dodgy 2011-12 so we may cash in or Mignolet could go out on loan or sit on the bench for a season.

Peter Griffin
June 17th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Dale Jennings having a medical at Barnsley, bit of a come down from Bayern :lol:

Simon
June 17th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Hey guess what everyone, we're still trying to sign Damiao.

Peter Griffin
June 17th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Whilst im thinking of spurs, has Zeki Fryers played for your lot since you and Standard pulled off a con trick on Man Utd? ;)

Simon
June 17th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Na he went into our youth team, not heard anything of him since then but I don't think there is any suggestion he will be joining the first-team squad next season. Townsend and Rose both will be though.

Peter Griffin
June 17th, 2013, 10:47 AM
Yeh guessing he will be loaned out next season. Just seen an article where Trappatoni has said our (Derby) Ireland players should be seeking premier league moves. Go fuck yourself you wrinkled old cunt. There are plenty of Ireland players at shitter clubs than us.

Mik
June 18th, 2013, 1:37 AM
Mingolet looked awesome against us, but £10m seems high, surely you could have beaten the price down or offloaded someone in part-ex?

Honestly I'm disappointed that they are talking less than £10m for him and think we should've put a price tag of £20m on him to stop anything but stupid bids letting him go. Excellent keeper, nice lad, young and with 2 years left on his contract. Don't know why we are letting him go for under £10m.

Bad Collin
June 18th, 2013, 4:47 AM
I'm liking the gossip this morning; Carroll having his medical at Wham, Mkhitaryan at Melwood for his medical and the club playing hard ball with Suarez.

Andy
June 18th, 2013, 7:14 AM
Has anyone heard anything more on the Kinnear appointment? The notion that he's there to force Pardew out makes sense I suppose but it's the least subtle way you can possibly think of to do it. Plus it's put the club back in the news as a laughing stock, not to mention the guy is a PR disaster. He's already been interviewed and has gone on the defensive, calling the fans and press idiots again. And they've given this bloke the final say on transfers? Why would someone like Cabaye want to stay when their new Director of Football or whatever he is calls him Yohan Kebab? So strange.

Rip
June 18th, 2013, 8:09 AM
Basically...

Llambias was involved with Carr and Pards in transfer dealings, he's now said he want's to concentrate on the financial side more, pulling back and dong more to raise the clubs profits through other streams, so that left a void which Joe is filling, simple really and not a big deal, he's there to run his eye over potential targets and work on shifting players on.

It's a sensible idea, but being us we've blown it up to the point of stupidity and Joe can't keep his trap shut either, from all accounts most of the squad were happy with him as manager when he was here, the famous 'Insomnia' row was only really an issue because N'Zogbia wanted out anyhow so it made a good excuse and story.

I'm happy to wait till the season starts to make my mind up, if he's kept Krul, Cisse, Colo, Cabaye and HBA, brought in a couple of strong new faces and a leader I'll count the appointment as a success.

Peter Griffin
June 18th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Has anyone heard about Chelsea trying to re-sign a former player? I saw a headline earlier saying they were trying to bring someone back for 38 million, but when I went back on the page a minute later the link had been taken down. Im trying to figure out who it could be.

Beefy
June 18th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Robert Fleck.

Ringo
June 18th, 2013, 12:21 PM
It's Nemanja Matic. Silly season I'm sure.

The Rosk
June 18th, 2013, 12:24 PM
It's Matic.

Villa have signed another young promising European player today. That now makes Okore, Tonev, Bacuna and Helenius signed up with a couple more on the way (Luna being almost certain). All between 20-22 and all with good experience in their own leagues meaning low risk for low money. Hopefully a Benteke will be in this lot and the inevitable departure of the Beast (next year next year next year) will not hurt as much.

Ringo
June 19th, 2013, 8:46 PM
There's a picture of Thiago with a matchball signed by everyone after the Under 21 Euros. De Gea has written "see you in Manchester" on it so presumably that's a done deal. Could be City but I'm assuming United.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 20th, 2013, 7:36 AM
It'll be very interesting if this talk of Arsenal getting Higuain has something to it. I think he's a fantastic striker and a good age, if they pick him up for around £20 million it will be a bargain. He's more than capable of getting 20+ goals a season in the Premier League.

Bennedy
June 20th, 2013, 7:42 AM
What was his relationship with Mourinho like? Would love to see him at Chelsea if we miss out on Cavani.

Andy
June 20th, 2013, 9:38 AM
Betting suspended on Higuain to arsenal. :shifty:

El Capitano Gatisto
June 20th, 2013, 12:12 PM
I'm actually pretty staggered that Sky Sports are now actually using odds changes from their bookie partner company as actual news pieces on the website.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 20th, 2013, 1:14 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jun/20/arsenal-gonzalo-higuain-real-madrid

Gonzalo Higuaín has reached an agreement in principle with Arsenal over personal terms on a four-year contract, as his move from Real Madrid edges closer. The Argentina striker is the marquee addition that Arsène Wenger wants this summer and the manager is ready to break the Arsenal transfer record to sign him.

There is a confidence at the club that Higuaín is poised to join, ideally before Arsenal depart on 11 July for their commercial tour of Indonesia, Vietnam and Japan, and it appears that the final obstacle is the sign-off from the incoming Real manager.

The Spanish club, who parted company with José Mourinho at the end of last season, have lined up a deal for Paris Saint-Germain's Carlo Ancelotti and he is keen to be installed at the Bernabéu as soon as possible. He could then be expected to sanction Higuaín's release. The player has come to feel surplus at Madrid and the club have already circulated his name to potential buyers.

But PSG's search for a new manager, which has taken several twists, has not yet been resolved and the situation has had an effect on Ancelotti's proposed move to Madrid.

The discussions between Arsenal and Higuaín's representatives have progressed in recent weeks and the player has indicated that he is happy with the contract on offer, which is worth around £130,000 a week. The 25-year-old stands to become Arsenal's first £20m-plus player. The club's current record signing is Andrey Arshavin at £15m.

That seems pretty definite. Fantastic signing if so, just goes to show how important getting that top 4 place was to Arsenal this season, otherwise you'd think Spurs would have been looking at this signing. This is a real statement from Arsenal and Wenger I think, a signing of a top class young player coming into his peak years. His power, pace, strength in the air and finishing should make him pretty comfortable in the Premier League from the beginning too.

Andy
June 20th, 2013, 1:46 PM
http://bbsimg.ngfiles.com/1/13883000/ngbbs46dc9f7fc8f1b.gif

UK Blue
June 20th, 2013, 1:48 PM
He'll be crippled within a month.

Hlebsfall
June 20th, 2013, 3:00 PM
That or he'll be played on the left wing to compensate for the return of Bendtner.

Andy
June 20th, 2013, 4:30 PM
Fuck you Hlebs, lets at least try and start the season on a positive yeah :mad:

TraXX
June 20th, 2013, 5:18 PM
WENGER OUT! :mad:

:shifty:

turdpower
June 21st, 2013, 6:57 PM
It seems a bit fucking odd. Has Higuain gone mental?

Grimario
June 21st, 2013, 9:42 PM
Villa have apparently mutually terminated Holman's contract... and he has now signed for powerhouse midtable United Arab Emirates side, Al Nasr :happysad:

Alf
June 22nd, 2013, 11:05 AM
Looks like are signing paulinho. I have no idea who he is or how he plays.

thetony
June 22nd, 2013, 6:47 PM
Defensive midfielder type similar to Sandro I believe.

Simon
June 23rd, 2013, 5:06 AM
He's more of a box to box midfielder according to the reports I've read...haven't seen him play but apparently he is class.

Lagom
June 23rd, 2013, 5:49 AM
They can probably stick him on Ajira flight 316 with Damiao.

The Rosk
June 23rd, 2013, 1:22 PM
Rumours of Spurs going after Benteke with an initial bid of £20 million. If he goes anywhere he ready should go to a team in the Champions League I would have thought. Doubt we would sell for less then £30m unless he pushed for it though.

Chris Scott
June 23rd, 2013, 4:14 PM
So like predicted Rodgers isn't fucking around getting his targets in early with Kolo, Luis Alberto (yesterday) and now we've just confirmed Celta Vigo striker Iago Aspas for £7m, subject to international clearance.

1_Pablo_Angel
June 23rd, 2013, 6:03 PM
Rumours of Spurs going after Benteke with an initial bid of £20 million. If he goes anywhere he ready should go to a team in the Champions League I would have thought. Doubt we would sell for less then £30m unless he pushed for it though.

If he goes, it has to be for mega money.

If he goes to an English team, given the new TV deal, it has to be for even more mega money.

Spurs can't afford him.

Andy
June 23rd, 2013, 6:31 PM
I can't see him going for anywhere near £30m. £18-20m tops I reckon. If a big club wants him he'll force his way out.

Simon
June 23rd, 2013, 6:33 PM
£30m hahaha come off it. He'll go for £20m tops but not to us, Levy wouldn't go beyond £12m or so for someone of his pedigree.

Simon
June 24th, 2013, 7:26 AM
Apparently we should be wrapping up David Villa after the Confed Cup finishes. And you all laughed in 2007 when me and Alf were posting ITK saying we were gonna get him :rolleyes:

Also that Higuain story the Guardian ran must have been premature, his agents have said they are no further down the line with Arsenal than they are with Juve, and Madrid won't sell him anyway until they have a new manager in place.

The Rosk
June 24th, 2013, 9:03 AM
I can't see him going for anywhere near £30m. £18-20m tops I reckon. If a big club wants him he'll force his way out.

£30m hahaha come off it. He'll go for £20m tops but not to us, Levy wouldn't go beyond £12m or so for someone of his pedigree.

There's not a chance in hell he will go for £20m or less. Why on Earth would we accept that. We bought him for £7m when noone had really heard much of him and he's been our top league scorer in 20 years, he's still very young and scoring for fun for both club and country without seemingly any major flaws to his game.

Andy
June 24th, 2013, 9:15 AM
You'd accept it because if he wants to go and you don't let him he could easily sulk, not play well and then end up going for less the following window. It's shit but that's the way football is. You're gonna get your heart broken again Rosk.

Simon
June 24th, 2013, 9:30 AM
There's not a chance in hell he will go for £20m or less. Why on Earth would we accept that. We bought him for £7m when noone had really heard much of him and he's been our top league scorer in 20 years, he's still very young and scoring for fun for both club and country without seemingly any major flaws to his game.

Basically because you will want to profit on him, he will want to leave, and no one is going to pay anywhere near £30m for him. If Benteke inexplicably wants to stay (and I'm not saying that in a cunty way, I'm just as confused as to why Bale would want to stay with us) then perhaps Villa would push him out the door for £30m, but the reality is that he's had one good season, at a team that aren't well-positioned to withstand bids him. No one is going to bid £30m for him and he will in all probability be pushing for a move if a big team comes in for him. It's completely unrealistic to think you'd get anywhere near that for him. You only have to look at the history of...well, basically any major transfer ever...to see that £30m is completely unrealistic. The only one that contradicts it is Andy Carroll I suppose, who had proven himself for longer but not the same standard as Benteke so on balance is a reasonable comparison, and cost a comical amount of money.

Alf
June 24th, 2013, 9:34 AM
Rosk, you are more mental than I ever imagined if you think you'd get 30m for him. One good season in a top league, top clubs (those who can afford 30m anyway) have been burned too much before to throw that kind of money at a potential one season wonder.

Simon
June 24th, 2013, 9:41 AM
If we are actually interested in him, I would be shocked and stunned if Levy was going anywhere above £15m for him, which is why we won't get him. The one time he properly shelled out for a striker, Darren Bent didn't work out - and at the time Darren Bent was just about as guaranteed a goalscorer as you could find - for all his faults, he would DEFINITELY get you 15-20 goals a season. That was Redknapp's fault though.

Put it this way The Rosk - Spurs have haggled for two years with Inter for Leandro Damiao over maybe a couple of million to take it either side of the £20m mark, and he has done it consistently in Brazil as well as being Brazil's first choice striker up until recently. And it looks like we STILL won't take the plunge on him.

I'm not saying Benteke won't eventually be valued at that figure - who knows, if he does better this season than last and fires Villa to a relatively high position, then maybe this time next summer you could be looking at upwards of £20m for him. But if he was to go this season, I would be certain it won't be for above £20m. The teams that would want him couldn't afford to take that financial risk on an unproven player, and he isn't good enough (yet) to interest the teams that could take that kind of financial risk.

EDIT: Having said that, if Chelsea continue to miss out on all their top targets, then MAYBE Villa might be able to squeeze over £20m for him. But not £30m. Come on nah.

son_of_foley
June 24th, 2013, 10:07 AM
I don't know how good the figures in Brazil are without closer inspection because they play these local competitions with a fairly short 'competitive' league. The big teams normally steam roller smaller teams in the local tournament before playing the bigger teams.

I know he's done well in the copa libertadores though.

Might be basic thinking but I think 23 goals in England last year would make Benteke a safer bet at #20m. I know hindisght might prove me to be a massive fool but surely when you look at risk mitigation a good season in England has to have more money in the bank than 2-3 good seasons in Brazil.

Rip
June 24th, 2013, 10:42 AM
So we've offered £12m for Bony after Pards told Joe to get money from Ashley for a goalscorer, if this is how things are going to shape up with Joe then I can't see Pards being to upset.

Simon
June 24th, 2013, 11:11 AM
In the interest of drumming up a bit of enthusiasm again after a quite pre-season so far - what do you think your team needs to add between now and the start of the season (or more realistically for the end of August)?

It so far looks like we're not going to lose anyone that we want to keep, barring an insane bid for Bale, so at the moment our squad for next season would be...

Goalkeepers
Lloris, Friedel, Gomes

Defenders
Assou-Ekotto, Rose, Vertonghen, Kaboul, Dawson, Caulker, Walker, Naughton, Smith

Midfielders
Bale, Holtby, Sigurdsson, Dembele, Sandro, Parker, Huddlestone, Livermore, Carroll, Lennon, Townsend

Forwards
Adebayor, Defoe, Dempsey

It seems likely from what we've heard that of those, we will lose the following:

-Gomes
-Smith (loan)
-Two from Huddlestone, Parker and Livermore
-Adebayor or Defoe

Gomes will be replaced permanently by one of our two understudy goalkeepers, Jordan Archer and Jon Miles, so that's no real loss to the first team, and Smith wasn't in the first team last season anyway, so provided there are no surprises, we won't need to add to the defence at all. Compared to last season, we would essentially be losing Gallas and gaining Kaboul, who missed the entire season, so we've undoubtably improved in the centre of defence, with Danny Rose providing much-needed competition for Assou-Ekotto at left back. There are vague rumours that both of those might be subject to bids from other Prem clubs, but unless both are sold I can't see us replacing them, seeing as Vertonghen and Naughton can both play there too.

Assuming two of those midfielders are sold (or one sold and Livermore loaned out) then we will need another midfielder, which is why we're chasing Paulinho, who from what I've read seems to be an all-round midfielder, not particularly creative but capable of having an impact at both ends of the pitch. That would leave us with three top-class central midfielders, plus whichever of the three above isn't sold and young Tom Carroll, who should get more games this year. On the wings, it seems likely we'll stick with our current idea of having one winger and one tucked-in - basically Lennon and Townsend for the wide role, with Sigurdsson and Holtby (or possibly Dempsey) taking up the inside role. The natural width we lacked in Lennon's absence last season will now be supplied by Townsend, who I would imagine should be a squad regular and occasional starter to keep things fresh.

Up front...well, it's simple really, we need a top class striker. Defoe can't do it consistently enough, Adebayor won't do it consistently enough. We have to get in the best striker we can attract (David Villa seems to be very close, surprisingly) and then ship out one of those two. As much as I love Defoe, I think he might be the one to go - Adebayor is capable of taking us where we want to go and it will be difficult to ship him because of his wages. Ideally we would keep both of them, but it's unrealistic to think we could have three established strikers fighting for one position in the side.

So basically by the time the season starts, we absolutely must buy a central midfielder and a striker, and could ideally do with a winger although it's not an absolute necessity. Beyond that, I think it's just a case of seeing if we can improve on what we already have - there are only a handful of players (Lloris, Walker, Vertonghen, Dembele, Sandro, Bale) who we absolutely do not want to sell, everyone else could be sold if the price was right.

Bad Collin
June 24th, 2013, 11:31 AM
Assuming Mingolet arrives and Skrtel leaves we will have this:

GK: Reina, Mingolet, Jones

Def: Agger, Toure, Enrique, Coates, Johnson, Kelly, Wisdom, Robinson

Mid: Gerrard, Coutinho, Henderson, Downing, Allen, Sterling, Shelvey, Alberto, Lucas

For: Aspas, Suarez, Sturridge, Borini

We have a lot of young players and average players which means good depth in the squad but we are going to find it difficult to beat the big teams again.

Suarez is a big factor. If we sell him we will probably end up with two 6/10 players instead of him. If he stays he will be a dick and get suspended again.

There are a few young players who will hopefully show that they are class (Sterling, Wisdom, Ibe) and a few that need to have a big season or be sold on (Kelly, Shelvey, Suso, Pacheco)

If we are to have any chance of getting in the fight for the top four we are going to need a class center back, a defensive midfielder and another attacking threat. Papadoupolous and Mkhitaryan would be nice additions.

I know nothing about Luis Alberto and Iago Aspas, they better not be crap.

Simon
June 24th, 2013, 11:37 AM
Aspas scored a shitload of goals for Celta last season AFAIK, is the feeling that he will be a replacement for Suarez? Because if not, unless you're looking to fuck Sturridge off by putting him out on the wing again it seems odd to be bringing in a third central striker for one position. Never seen Luis Alberto, is he another striker or a midfielder? I assumed he was a young kid but he's already 21, so you would assume he is expected to be involved with the first team straight away.

You left Skrtel out of that list, was that an accident or is the expectation that he will definitely go?

Mignolet

Johnson - Toure - Agger - Enrique

Lucas - Gerrard - Henderson

Borini - Suarez - Coutinho

That's the best eleven I can come up with from the squad you posted - not bad, but you need a better partner for Agger than Toure or Coates, and other than that you have a whole load of 'good' players on the bench, but only a couple of real class players in the first eleven. And it also seems weird that the two signings you've already made, at reasonable expense, would probably not even be the obvious choice to come off the bench with Sturridge there.

Andy
June 24th, 2013, 11:45 AM
GK: Szcz, Fanianski, Mannonne

Def: Sagna, Jenks, Gibbs, Monreal, Santos, Mert, Kos, Vermaelen, Djourou

Mid: Arteta, Wilshere, Cazorla, Ramsey, Rosicky, Coquelin

Forwards: Giroud, Podolski, Walcott, Chamberlain, Gervinho, Bendtner, Park

Obviously Bendtner, Santos and Park will go/won't play. Djourou too and I expect at least one keeper to leave.

So we absolutely need a keeper and a centre back plus at least one centre forward. I'd like some strength in the middle too.

Simon
June 24th, 2013, 11:48 AM
You given up on Chesney?

Peter Griffin
June 24th, 2013, 11:48 AM
Looking at that squad im fucking amazed Arsenal got into the top 4. Or maybe im not giving some of the players enough credit, who knows.

Lagom
June 24th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Our team, as it stands, going into the season will look like this:

Goalkeepers:
Reina, Mignolet (likely), Jones.

Defenders:
Johnson, Kelly, Skrtel, Agger, Toure, Coates, Enrique.

Midfielders:
Lucas, Allen, Gerrard, Shelvey, Downing, Henderson.

Attackers:
Alberto, Aspas, Coutinho, Sturridge, Suarez (possibly), Borini, Suso, Sterling, Assaidi.

Add to that the youth players on the fringes, such as Ibe, Robinson, Wisdom, Sinclair and Flanagan, and we're already looking stronger than last season. I think we may see Assaidi go, either on loan or permanently, as he didn't get much time last season, even when we were struggling for numbers. With the new arrivals, Sterling may get some loan time too, but I think Borini and Suso have already confirmed that they're staying with us next season.

At this point, I'm starting to think that if we let Suarez go for £40m+, we'd be in an even better position. In Sturridge and Coutinho, we have an exciting forward partnership, which can hoefully be strengthened by the addition of Aspas and Alberto. I haven't seen anything of Alberto, but he's seemingly highly rated in Spain, and many thought he'd eventually go to Barca in a couple of years as they had a first-option clause on him. Aspas is supposedly an arsehole workhorse, so if he's even half the player Suarez has been for us, we've done good business there.

That we've signed those two, Toure, and have Mignolet on the verge of a deal, it looks like we'll soon be at the end of our transfer budget. If Suarez does go, and for a decent fee, I think that we could do with strengthening a few more positions, notably centre-back and left-back. I'm not sold on Toure coming in, unless it's as a back-up player. Whether Rodgers sees it that way is another matter. There has been plenty of talk about Papadopoulos, from Schalke, being our main target, and I have to say, I'd be very pleased if that came to fruition. He'd be a great partner for Agger, I think. He's solid in the air, mean in the tackle, and while his distribution doesn't seem the best, he's not afraid to just bash it out of play or right up the field, which is something that was missing a little last season. Often we'd be under pressure, and always try to play out of trouble. That changed when Carragher came back into the team, and he brought back a bit of a no-nonsense sensibility with him, I'd like that to carry on at points next season. As much as I like Enrique, he needs back-up, or more importantly, competition, for that left-back spot. His only back-up last season was Downing, and that's just not suitable at all. We could do worse than bringing back Insua, or going for Jose Angel from Roma.

While I'm not sure where he'd play in our line-up, I'd also be really pleased to see us finish off (or even start, who knows) the rumoured deal for Mkhitaryan. He seems like a good bet to add to our goals tally from midfield, and looks like he brings others into play very well.

If I could pick an ideal and reasonable starting line-up, bearing in mind that Suarez will more than likely leave us, it would be:

Reina

Johnson -- Papadopoulos -- Agger -- Enrique

Gerrard -- Lucas

Aspas -- Mkhitaryan -- Coutinho

Sturridge

*edit- mainly a long-winded version of what BC said.

Andy
June 24th, 2013, 12:17 PM
You given up on Chesney?

Nah but if one of the back ups leave we need a better replacement. I like the Cesar rumours but I'd be surprised if he came to us without any fist team guarantees.

Lagom
June 24th, 2013, 12:22 PM
I'm surprised you haven't signed him already. He's clearly a better keeper than any of the other three, so his place in the first team shouldn't come into question. Get rid of whichever one will bring in the most money/has the highest wages, and get Cesar in. You'd be much better off for it, I reckon.

Andy
June 24th, 2013, 12:26 PM
That Liverpool lineup looks pretty average. Coutinho is class and Sturridge seems to be settling in very well but beyond that there's no top class players. Assuming Suarez leaves of course.

Lagom
June 24th, 2013, 12:42 PM
That's what we are now. For the next few seasons, at least. We don't have the pull or the financial clout to bring in world-renowned or proven top class players anymore. Only building a real team will get us there, and that starts with strengthening the depth and the competitiveness of the squad. That we've started doing that, and with some fairly youthful talent, is a promising sign, but I'd imagine it's going to be a good couple of years before we see any kind of sustained fight for a top-four finish from Liverpool again.

The Rosk
June 24th, 2013, 12:44 PM
You'd accept it because if he wants to go and you don't let him he could easily sulk, not play well and then end up going for less the following window. It's shit but that's the way football is. You're gonna get your heart broken again Rosk.

So what? We've had that situation before and haven't given a shit. He also basically pushed for the deal to come to us from Genk in the first place, so doing the same thing two summers on the trot would show him to be an absolute mercenary which would not be a very attractive quality for future interested parties. I've resigned myself to losing him next summer after the World Cup but at a massive fee because he's starting games for an extremely strong team in Belgium and he will continue to do the business next season simply because he's a fantastic player.

Basically because you will want to profit on him, he will want to leave, and no one is going to pay anywhere near £30m for him. If Benteke inexplicably wants to stay (and I'm not saying that in a cunty way, I'm just as confused as to why Bale would want to stay with us) then perhaps Villa would push him out the door for £30m, but the reality is that he's had one good season, at a team that aren't well-positioned to withstand bids him. No one is going to bid £30m for him and he will in all probability be pushing for a move if a big team comes in for him. It's completely unrealistic to think you'd get anywhere near that for him. You only have to look at the history of...well, basically any major transfer ever...to see that £30m is completely unrealistic. The only one that contradicts it is Andy Carroll I suppose, who had proven himself for longer but not the same standard as Benteke so on balance is a reasonable comparison, and cost a comical amount of money.

The Villa management would be fools to look at this as a purely profit exercise. Bale not staying at you is a bigger example I would say, purely because he is one of the best attacking players in the world, around a couple of years older, he has several suitors willing to pay extrotionate amounts for him, and neither Spurs nor his home country can offer him football at the level he deserves in the next twelve months. Villa's current signings of the window thus far suggest that we are finally putting plans together for a future; they stuck with Lambert and his policy through extremely dark times last season when even I was questioning - they could have sold Bent in the transfer window or done flash sales of the dross and it turned out well. All of the young players improved tenfold in the final third of the season and now we have a load of strong young players and have filtered out the bollocks that we no longer need and are on quite high wages (Ireland, Bannan, Holman etc).

I also don't think it is "inexplicable" that Benteke would want to stay. The priority for him would be to play in the World Cup next year. He is 22 and has got in the team (with decent competition mind) on merit of his achievements at Villa this year. There is a massive question as to whether any team that would have the money and European qualifications to buy him would play him regularly, thus damaging his chances for playing for his country when players like Lukaku and Miralles could be playing week in week out. If he has another year like he did at Villa (on an improved contract we will be reportedly doubling his wages) then he would have all the suitors in the world and pretty much a guaranteed starting berth in s poteential dark horse team for the World Cup.

These are all massive risks to move after just a year in his position.

Rosk, you are more mental than I ever imagined if you think you'd get 30m for him. One good season in a top league, top clubs (those who can afford 30m anyway) have been burned too much before to throw that kind of money at a potential one season wonder.

I don't think that sort of money is the value, but what it would take to get him. Of course I understand the arguments against but we are in no position to sell, he is on a long term contract and we would not be able to get a decent replacement for £20m that would come to us.

If we are actually interested in him, I would be shocked and stunned if Levy was going anywhere above £15m for him, which is why we won't get him. The one time he properly shelled out for a striker, Darren Bent didn't work out - and at the time Darren Bent was just about as guaranteed a goalscorer as you could find - for all his faults, he would DEFINITELY get you 15-20 goals a season. That was Redknapp's fault though.

Put it this way The Rosk - Spurs have haggled for two years with Inter for Leandro Damiao over maybe a couple of million to take it either side of the £20m mark, and he has done it consistently in Brazil as well as being Brazil's first choice striker up until recently. And it looks like we STILL won't take the plunge on him.

I'm not saying Benteke won't eventually be valued at that figure - who knows, if he does better this season than last and fires Villa to a relatively high position, then maybe this time next summer you could be looking at upwards of £20m for him. But if he was to go this season, I would be certain it won't be for above £20m. The teams that would want him couldn't afford to take that financial risk on an unproven player, and he isn't good enough (yet) to interest the teams that could take that kind of financial risk.

EDIT: Having said that, if Chelsea continue to miss out on all their top targets, then MAYBE Villa might be able to squeeze over £20m for him. But not £30m. Come on nah.

There is no squeezing necessary from our side. And like I said, Benteke would not go to Spurs because you can't offer him Champions League football next year, so the point about Levy being cheap over some tosser in Brazil is not really relevant. My entire point is that if benteke leaves this Summer, it will not be for £20m or less. If it is, we are fucking mugs.

MMH
June 24th, 2013, 12:47 PM
Our squad as it stands.

GK Tim Howard

DEF Tony Hibbert, Seamus Coleman, Phil Jagielka, Sylvain Distin, John Heitinga, Leighton Baines, Bryan Oviedo

MID Marouane Fellaini, Darron Gibson, Leon Osman, Kevin Mirallas, Steven Pienaar, Ross Barkley

STR Nikica Jelavic, Victor Anichebe, Steven Naismith

Thats quite pitiful really. As per usual our first team is strong but our options beyond that are weak. We do have some good fringe players who may get more of a look in under Martinez like Vellios, Duffy, Stones and McAleny and some youngsters like Lundstram, Garbutt and Hope coming through so who knows whats going to happen with a new manager.

We have been linked with some mad ones really from the likes of Antonin Alcaraz to Keisuke Honda. I would love us to get Leroy Fer as he seems to want to come here too. Ideally I want to stay away from Wigan players, McCarthy would be nice but seems to be too pricey. I dont want Kone really and McMananaman is unproven.

What we really need is a goalkeeper more than likely as a back up to Howard but if it was up to me it would be to replace Howard as I think he is one of our major problems right now.

The other problem is the same old story, strikers, Jelavic stands a chance of being good again with a more attack minded manager but he looked garbage last year. Anichebe is not a full time option and im not even sure Naismith is a footballer. Maybe Mirallas could push up into attack.

If a good offer came in for Fellaini I would accept it, hes a very good, unique player but he doesnt represent 25M on the pitch for me. You could strengthen three areas with that money. Everybody else ideally needs to stay except Heitinga who has made it clear he will not renew his contract in 12 months time. So we will need a CB as Distin aint getting any younger.

I cant even really name a team right now as I dont know what formation Martinez will go for. Going off what we have already I would go something like...

GK Tim Howard

RB Seamus Coleman
CB Phil Jagielka
CB Sylvian Distin
LB Leighton Baines

CM Darron Gibson
CM Marouane Fellaini
CM Leon Osman

LW Steven Pienaar
ST Nikica Jelavic
RW Kevin Mirallas

But if I am allowed to dream for a bit based on who we have been linked with...

GK Anyone Else

RB Seamus Coleman
CB Phil Jagielka
CB Sylvain Distin
LB Leighton Baines

CM Darron Gibson
CM Keisuke Honda
CM Leroy Fer

LW Steven Pienaar
ST Romelu Lukaku (Loan)
RW Kevin Mirallas

Lagom
June 24th, 2013, 12:48 PM
For what it's worth, I'm with Rosk, in that I don't think Lambert will, or should even let Benteke get out of his pyjamas if the club aren't offered upwards of £20m. If they are a big club, who can offer Champions League football, and he wants to go, then they can afford to pay that for someone who offers them proven ability as a strong target man, a good link player, and a solid finisher, and at only 20 years of age, an investment.

In the same way that Suarez should bring us over £40m, if they let him go for anything less, they're mental.

The Rosk
June 24th, 2013, 1:02 PM
Assuming Bent/Ireland/Given/Bannan are off…

GK Brad Guzan

RB Matthew Lowton
CB Ron Vlaar
CB Jores Okore
LB Joe Bennett/Antonio Luna

CM Ashley Westwood
CM Fabian Delph
CM Yacouba Sylla

LW Gabby Agbonlahor
ST Christian Benteke
RW Andi Weimann

Looking at that, we really need to prioritise a keeper in back up to Brad who had a phenomenal season last year. Nathan Baker, Gary Gardner, Charles N’Zogbia, Leandro Bacuna, Aleksander Tonev, Nicklas Helenius and potentially Samir Carruthers could all play any role in the above at the moment for all I know.

The Rosk
June 24th, 2013, 1:09 PM
There are also a few rumours going round (which I highly doubt) that Villa are on the hunt for Gareth Barry after becoming surplus to requirements under Pellegrini at City. That would be fucking weird. But thinking about it, I'm not sure which club would be a better proposition for him that would be interested.

Ringo
June 24th, 2013, 1:35 PM
I like what I've seen from Mkhitaryan. Whether he's actually that good or not I'm not sure but I know many speak really highly of him and a few Chelsea fans were hoping we would be in for him a while ago. Liverpool seem to be going for the right sort of players now, unfortunately.

Next season:

GK: Cech, NEW, NEW

DF: Azpilicueta, Ivanovic, Terry, Luiz, Cahill, Cole, Bertrand, NEW or Kalas back from loan as Mourinho hinted

MF: Lampard, Ramires, Mikel, Essien, Oscar, De Bruyne, Mata, Hazard, Moses, (van Ginkel - possibly back to Vitesse on loan)

FW: Torres, Ba, Lukaku, Schürrle (probably won't be used much as central striker), NEW?

Romeu out on loan. Marin probably off. If we sign a new striker someone else will presumably go.

That might be it. Wouldn't like to guess what our best midfield is going to look like yet (has been rumoured that Oscar may end up playing deeper) or who are our number one striker will be.

Rip
June 24th, 2013, 4:24 PM
There are also a few rumours going round (which I highly doubt) that Villa are on the hunt for Gareth Barry after becoming surplus to requirements under Pellegrini at City. That would be fucking weird. But thinking about it, I'm not sure which club would be a better proposition for him that would be interested.

We're putting an offer in for Bent according to todays rumors, Kinnear and Pards want him and Bony in after last seasons woeful goal return, perhaps that money will go straight to the war-chest?

Mik
June 24th, 2013, 5:47 PM
Haha, Benteke for £30m.

I have no idea what our squad or lineup will look like because I've never heard of the players we have bought so far.

The Rosk
June 24th, 2013, 5:52 PM
Haha.

Mik
June 24th, 2013, 5:54 PM
I mean wen Darren Bent left us he was a proven premier league goalscorer vietually everywhere he had been, who had just scored a fuckload of goals, took us to the top 10 and was still only like 25 and it still took some absolute mugs taking him off our hands to get anywhere near £20m mark.

The Rosk
June 24th, 2013, 5:58 PM
Bent never proved himself at a big club and was six years older, next?

Ill happily bet with anyone right now that Benteke will only go for over £20 million. Easy money.

Simon
June 24th, 2013, 6:20 PM
He might go in the low 20s at an absolute push, I wouldn't bet against that if Chelsea or a big foreign club went for him. But anywhere above 25 is dreamworld.

Fanny
June 24th, 2013, 6:38 PM
Benteke is a big pudding, overrated big fudd. If Chelsea go for him they're a joke

Lagom
June 24th, 2013, 6:46 PM
He's no PvH, that's for sure.

MMH
June 24th, 2013, 6:57 PM

Ill happily bet with anyone right now that Benteke will only go for over £20 million. Easy money.

How much did you pay for him?

Beefy
June 25th, 2013, 3:58 AM
Barry Corr is leaving Southend :(

Lagom
June 25th, 2013, 4:10 AM
Is he taking his sisters with him?

Simon
June 25th, 2013, 4:16 AM
waaaaaaaaaaaaaay

The Rosk
June 25th, 2013, 4:16 AM
How much did you pay for him?

£7million.

Bad Collin
June 25th, 2013, 4:22 AM
That's what we are now. For the next few seasons, at least. We don't have the pull or the financial clout to bring in world-renowned or proven top class players anymore. Only building a real team will get us there, and that starts with strengthening the depth and the competitiveness of the squad. That we've started doing that, and with some fairly youthful talent, is a promising sign, but I'd imagine it's going to be a good couple of years before we see any kind of sustained fight for a top-four finish from Liverpool again.

We have spend a lot of time and money on our youth structure and now it needs to start paying for itself. The club are going to need to spend a lot on money on the stadium so I think our strategy of implimenting a system of play that anyone in the squad can slot into is the correct one.

Lagom
June 25th, 2013, 4:35 AM
Definitely. I think it's a good idea that at the minute we try to bring in decent players who are versatile. Aspas seems like he can play anywhere along the forward line, same with Coutinho, Sturridge can play off the wing or up front. Reading more about Alberto, he is best as an attacking midfielder, but can play deeper, or from out wide. If we were to get Mkhitaryan too, he's a CM, who can play as an attacking midfielder or a forward.

It's bothering me that I'm almost hoping that Suarez leaves in this transfer window.

Bad Collin
June 25th, 2013, 4:39 AM
It's not bothering me. He is not worth the drama, suspensions and bad press.

Peter Griffin
June 25th, 2013, 4:50 AM
When will Pacheco get his chance? :squint:

son_of_foley
June 25th, 2013, 5:05 AM
It's not bothering me. He is not worth the drama, suspensions and bad press.

So the suspension bit I can understand but bad press? Come on you're being such a drama queen. If Savage had actually brought anything as a footballer to us I wouldn't have minded him being such a fame hungry toss piece.

Suarez is a special footballer. Who gives a fuck about bad press? The only bad press that will stick is stuff like how the club dealt with the racism incident not him personally. I don't think his behaviour will leave any sort of long lasting mark on Liverpool or impact on bringing in quality players. Infact it probably helps.

Come and play with Suarez or come and play with Borini.

Peter Griffin
June 25th, 2013, 5:14 AM
With all due respect SOF, I had a season ticket when Sav was playing for us, and he brought something to the team, commitment and getting stuck in when no fucker else in the team would, he was way past his prime obviously but he still was a worthwhile asset IMO. Obviously he can be somewhat of a tosser. but still I like the bloke.

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4768875013540178&pid=15.1

son_of_foley
June 25th, 2013, 5:27 AM
He wasn't a worthwhile asset. His wage was massive and didn't in any way represent value for money.

Peter Griffin
June 25th, 2013, 5:30 AM
Ok your right, what do I know.

Lagom
June 25th, 2013, 5:36 AM
So the suspension bit I can understand but bad press? Come on you're being such a drama queen. If Savage had actually brought anything as a footballer to us I wouldn't have minded him being such a fame hungry toss piece.

Suarez is a special footballer. Who gives a fuck about bad press? The only bad press that will stick is stuff like how the club dealt with the racism incident not him personally. I don't think his behaviour will leave any sort of long lasting mark on Liverpool or impact on bringing in quality players. Infact it probably helps.

This.

I couldn't be less arsed about the bad press. In fact, I quite enjoy it, and it would be much more enjoyable if it were happening as we were becoming a successful team again. It really is the suspension problem(s) that worry me. He is a world class footballer, and carried us through certain points last season, but if he continues to be out for periods through suspension, then he's going to become a liability.

I'd love us to keep him, if we've got the money to bring in a couple more signings without selling him, but if selling him means we could afford Mignolet, Mkhitaryan and Papadopoulos, I'd be hard-pushed to not vote for the latter.

son_of_foley
June 25th, 2013, 5:36 AM
Are you honestly pouting about this?

son_of_foley
June 25th, 2013, 5:39 AM
This.

I couldn't be less arsed about the bad press. In fact, I quite enjoy it, and it would be much more enjoyable if it were happening as we were becoming a successful team again. It really is the suspension problem(s) that worry me. He is a world class footballer, and carried us through certain points last season, but if he continues to be out for periods through suspension, then he's going to become a liability.

I'd love us to keep him, if we've got the money to bring in a couple more signings without selling him, but if selling him means we could afford Mignolet, Mkhitaryan and Papadopoulos, I'd be hard-pushed to not vote for the latter.
Understand the logic about selling him and reinvesting the money.

Toure for Carragher is almost a straight swap you would think possibly even a saving on wages.
Carroll out == Aspas and Enrique?
Skrtel + Reina = Mingolet + some cash?

In theory there might not have been much investment needed yet this summer but I would think Suarez will be off. Wouldn't be suprised to see Kone come in.

Bad Collin
June 25th, 2013, 5:43 AM
When will Pacheco get his chance? :squint:

He probably won't.

I'm not being a drama queen. If it was just the bad press then fair enough but he is just a liability now. He is also very vocal about wanting to leave, if he can't behave himself for a team he wants to play for then what is he going to do when he want to leave? As I said before I fear a Tevez style strike situation.

Why choose Borini? He is fourth choice at best.

Simon
June 25th, 2013, 5:45 AM
Depends what sort of money you will get for Suarez - I'm not sure the £40m or so they'd get for him would necessarily allow them to end up with a better side than the one they have with him in it. Depends on how well the money is spent, but is £40m going to be enough to buy two quality players who will improve them beyond what Suarez is already giving them? They won't be able to get a like-for-like replacement quality-wise obviously.

son_of_foley
June 25th, 2013, 5:51 AM
He probably won't.

I'm not being a drama queen. If it was just the bad press then fair enough but he is just a liability now. He is also very vocal about wanting to leave, if he can't behave himself for a team he wants to play for then what is he going to do when he want to leave? As I said before I fear a Tevez style strike situation.

Why choose Borini? He is fourth choice at best.

This isn't the first time you've mentioned the press. It seems like you're worried he's going to tarnish the name of Liverpool football club honestly.

Chose Borini as I guess with his performances in the U21 cup and his closeness to Rodgers he would be getting a game if Suarez left. With the exception of Coutinho (and even then) I don't think any of your current crop of forward players would be a selling point to people like Mkhitaryan with the exception of Suarez. I think he's a pretty exciting talent and is probably a bit of a jewel in the crown at the minute when it comes to prestige for the team.

I wouldn't build a team around him as I think he will be gone in the next 18-24 months but as of yet I don't think he's been particularly disruptive to the team. I think talk of Tevez situations are a bit premature.

His disciplinary record is more like someone like Cantona now right? I don't think he's reached the same heights of course.

I understand thinking well if we get a big cash offer maybe we can do something but wishing him away seems odd. Especially in a world where that 40m would get you Charlie Adam, Jordan Henderson and Stewart Downing

son_of_foley
June 25th, 2013, 5:54 AM
Depends what sort of money you will get for Suarez - I'm not sure the £40m or so they'd get for him would necessarily allow them to end up with a better side than the one they have with him in it. Depends on how well the money is spent, but is £40m going to be enough to buy two quality players who will improve them beyond what Suarez is already giving them? They won't be able to get a like-for-like replacement quality-wise obviously.

I'm guessing the two forward sigings this year are with a view to replacing Suarez within. They will maybe have a year (or liverpool would hope) to bed in.

If they had to sell him this year I think a lower budget temporary solution would be looked for. I think someone like Kone would be one such option. Cheaper and will score a good few goals you would think although not the same calibre of player at all.

Simon
June 25th, 2013, 6:50 AM
Ancelotti has just been confirmed as Madrid's new boss, so expect any deal for Higuain to progress quickly now, not to mention any official bid for Bale. If Arsenal sign Higuain and we lose Bale I will shit tears.

The Rosk
June 25th, 2013, 7:40 AM
Haha, I just forgot about us selling Downing for £20million. Haha. A further example of us not accepting anything below our valuation for a player on a long-term contract making mugs out of clubs with more money than sense.

1_Pablo_Angel
June 25th, 2013, 8:53 AM
http://www.cartilagefreecaptain.com/2013/6/24/4458404/christian-benteke-tottenham-hotspur-transfer-rumours?

"Benteke is under contract for a while and on super inexpensive wages, so Villa have literally no incentive to sell him. They're not going to be able to find a replacement that matches his production for £20m and the same wages, especially since any £20m player will demand higher wages than Benteke makes now. Benteke is doing well for Belgium, who look like making the World Cup, and his value will skyrocket if he has another great Premier League season and a good World Cup.

Villa's management would have to be outrageously unambitious and dumber than a box of rocks to sell Benteke for £20m. They've signed four young players already this summer, are on the verge of signing Antonio Luna, and have signed Andreas Weimann to a contract extension. This suggests that they are neither unambitious or stupid.

This rumor shouldn't be a thing, but somehow, we're still going to be hearing about it on September 2 because the British media doesn't understand the first thing about transfer economics."

THATS WHY NOW FUCK OFF

McBain
June 25th, 2013, 9:12 AM
30m for Benteke would be pretty silly.

I could see someone bidding 20m and us turning it down before reluctantly accepting a bit more for him when he starts whingeing. Happens every year.

1_Pablo_Angel
June 25th, 2013, 11:22 AM
Happens every year with players about to enter the last year of their contract.

Also they generally don't have a World Cup place to play for at the end of the coming season.

These are important factors.

Simon
June 25th, 2013, 11:57 AM
If Benteke has a better season than last year that sends Villa flying up the table into the top eight or six (ie puts Villa into a stronger bargaining position), and then a strong World Cup, it's possible he would go for more. I still think you're kidding yourselves if you think he will get near £30m though - like I said before, bar Carroll every other striker that has ever gone for that sort of figure has been an established world class player.

Mik
June 25th, 2013, 2:02 PM

Benteke hasnt proven himself at a big club and has proven himself a lot less than Bent.

Interesting switch before your bet. I'll take you on your original one...which is that Benteke wont go for £30m+ this year.

Haha, I just forgot about us selling Downing for £20million. Haha. A further example of us not accepting anything below our valuation for a player on a long-term contract making mugs out of clubs with more money than sense.

Yeah...the same year we got £20m for Jordan Henderson. More to do with Kenny Daglish paying silly money than you playing hardball.

The Rosk
June 25th, 2013, 2:57 PM
Make it 40!1!!1!1!1!!1!

Come on mate, hasn't the prospect of Di Canio being your manager after the utter predictable failure of MON as manager cheered you up yet?

Mik
June 25th, 2013, 3:00 PM
I'm cautiously optimistic. Yes.

I'll take £40m.

Bad Collin
June 25th, 2013, 3:00 PM
Benteke hasnt proven himself at a big club and has proven himself a lot less than Bent.

Interesting switch before your bet. I'll take you on your original one...which is that Benteke wont go for £30m+ this year.

Yeah...the same year we got £20m for Jordan Henderson. More to do with Kenny Daglish paying silly money than you playing hardball.

I love Hendo, I think he'll end up being good value.

The Rosk
June 25th, 2013, 3:21 PM

Key point being "unless he pushed for it". we will not sell for less than 30 unless he demands to and we wouldn't for £20m or less in any case.

Key things to remember also are his overall contribution to the team outside of goals, which is a completely different style to a Bent who needs to be the big fish in a small pond, hence why he struggled at Spurs but thrived at Sunderland and Charlton. And hence why no big clubs went after him.

Andy
June 25th, 2013, 3:24 PM
Apparently Tevez has gone to Juve, hopefully leaves us without much competition to go for Higuain. That means we'll haggle on the price and miss out then doesn't it. :nono:

Fanny Batter
June 25th, 2013, 4:07 PM
Higuain would be a top signing for Arsenal. Strange business for Madrid though, I've always rated Higuain higher than Benzema so unless they're sure they're getting somebody of Suarez's class, they will be left short up front.

Mik
June 25th, 2013, 4:30 PM
Key point being "unless he pushed for it". we will not sell for less than 30 unless he demands to and we wouldn't for £20m or less in any case.

Key things to remember also are his overall contribution to the team outside of goals, which is a completely different style to a Bent who needs to be the big fish in a small pond, hence why he struggled at Spurs but thrived at Sunderland and Charlton. And hence why no big clubs went after him.

Wasnt he Tottenham's top scorer despite playing something stupid like a fraction of the time their other strikers were.

turdpower
June 25th, 2013, 4:34 PM
I love Hendo, I think he'll end up being good value.

No. You are wrong.

The only way he'll ever look good value is if he stays at you for 10 years and the average player price is 40m quid and you look back and think you somehow got value.

You didn't.

MMH
June 25th, 2013, 4:39 PM
Apparently Tevez has gone to Juve, hopefully leaves us without much competition to go for Higuain. That means we'll haggle on the price and miss out then doesn't it. :nono:

Well Man City are a striker short now..

turdpower
June 25th, 2013, 4:45 PM
Higuain would be a top signing for Arsenal. Strange business for Madrid though, I've always rated Higuain higher than Benzema so unless they're sure they're getting somebody of Suarez's class, they will be left short up front.

Yeah, in pretty much all of the last few seasons he's out performed Benzema, I find the whole thing fucking odd.

Cavani and Falcao courting massive bids. Suarez, Tevez, Rooney and Lewandowski seemingly up for grabs for a few clubs and then Higuian apparently goes unchallenged to fucking Arsenal.

Rip
June 25th, 2013, 5:29 PM
Mingolet confirmed at £9m

Bad Collin
June 25th, 2013, 5:46 PM
No. You are wrong.

The only way he'll ever look good value is if he stays at you for 10 years and the average player price is 40m quid and you look back and think you somehow got value.

You didn't.

He had a good year and he is still getting better. He has fantastic technique and he is making better decisions, I think he will be very important for club and country.

turdpower
June 26th, 2013, 2:16 AM
I like the little wave of managerial changes we've had; club hopping.

Walter Mazzarri leaves Napoli for Inter
Rafa Benitez leaves Chelsea for Napoli
Jose Mourinho leaves Real Madrid for Chelsea
Carlo Ancelotti leaves PSG for Real Madrid
Laurent Blanc joins PSG.

It's a shame PSG didn't poach someone to keep that going.

Beefy
June 26th, 2013, 5:06 AM
@SUFCRootsHall
Southend United are delighted to announce striker Barry Corr has this morning signed a new two year contract.

:hyper:

Simon
June 26th, 2013, 5:09 AM
If the local paper doesn't have the headline "Corr blimey", then what is the point in being alive.

Simon
June 26th, 2013, 5:10 AM
I like the little wave of managerial changes we've had; club hopping.

Walter Mazzarri leaves Napoli for Inter
Rafa Benitez leaves Chelsea for Napoli
Jose Mourinho leaves Real Madrid for Chelsea
Carlo Ancelotti leaves PSG for Real Madrid
Laurent Blanc joins PSG.

It's a shame PSG didn't poach someone to keep that going.
The Italians are lunatics for this sort of thing. Pretty much every top Serie A manager over the past God-knows-how-long have managed at least two of Inter, Milan, Juve and Roma.

Simon
June 26th, 2013, 5:11 AM
He had a good year and he is still getting better. He has fantastic technique and he is making better decisions, I think he will be very important for club and country.

Yeah I have to admit I wasn't convinced by Henderson at all and thought it was laughable when they signed him for that figure - I still think he's a way off proving good value at that price, but he's a much better player than I initially gave him credit for. Downing's in a similar boat - comically overpriced, started poorly but has gradually become an important player for Liverpool.

Simon
June 26th, 2013, 5:13 AM
Some people are saying the Tevez deal could be the start of the merry-go-round - Tevez going to Juve leaves Arsenal with a clear run at Higuain, which in turn will give us a clear run at Villa. What with Madrid and PSG getting their managers installed yesterday and the transfer window about to open, it could be fun over the next couple of weeks.

Bad Collin
June 26th, 2013, 5:30 AM
Yeah I have to admit I wasn't convinced by Henderson at all and thought it was laughable when they signed him for that figure - I still think he's a way off proving good value at that price, but he's a much better player than I initially gave him credit for. Downing's in a similar boat - comically overpriced, started poorly but has gradually become an important player for Liverpool.

Downing was a waste of money. Hendo is five years younger and has all the tools to be a fantastic player. We have seen flashes of it already and he was consistantly good at the end of last season. This could be a big year for him.

Lagom
June 26th, 2013, 5:32 AM
And with Mkhitaryan not bothering to turn up for training, that likelz means he's off somewhere, hopefully to us.

Bad Collin
June 26th, 2013, 5:53 AM
Well Shaktar have said that they have received no bids for him.

Bennedy
June 26th, 2013, 6:42 AM
And with Mkhitaryan not bothering to turn up for training, that likelz means he's off somewhere, hopefully to us.

Should be fun watching Paul Merson trying to pronounce his name next season.

Beefy
June 26th, 2013, 6:47 AM
Henderson is a fairly solid player but it's still a ridiculous transfer fee unless he ends up staying there until his 30s.

Fanny Batter
June 26th, 2013, 7:53 AM
Would have been more ridiculous if the departing Inter manager, whoever that was, ended up at PSG.

Peter Griffin
June 26th, 2013, 7:59 AM
I doubt that someone who managed to guide Inter to a ninth place finish would really be what PSG are looking for to be fair ;)

Simon
June 26th, 2013, 9:36 AM
Huddlestone and Defoe have both been told they can leave.

Lagom
June 26th, 2013, 9:53 AM
I bet Kinnear is having a stroke.

Peter Griffin
June 26th, 2013, 9:53 AM
With any bit of luck.

Bad Collin
June 26th, 2013, 10:26 AM
Dortmund are in for Mkhitaryan so we are screwed there.

Simon
June 26th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Dortmund are trying to sign Pjanic from Roma as well, doubt they will sign both of them...you're in the same boat as everyone else, waiting for another side to make your move before you dip your toes in the water. Like I said yesterday it seems like the Tevez move is going to be the starting gun for a shitload of strikers moving, perhaps Dortmund spending the Gotze money will get things moving on the attacking midfield front.

I was wondering if you might come in for Sigurdsson - you were after him for most of last summer before we signed him, and he hasn't been a regular for us.

Bad Collin
June 26th, 2013, 10:49 AM
We need someone prolific from behind the striker, Mkhitayan sounded great, Sigurdsson seemed very wasteful whenever I saw him.

I think we are trying to get business done before other sides with bigger budgets and champions league football get involved. Hopefully there are a few more people lined up.

turdpower
June 26th, 2013, 4:35 PM
Can someone explain to me the logic behind selling Tevez for 10m?

Andy
June 26th, 2013, 4:45 PM
He's in the last year of his contract and supposedly gets £15m a year in wages minimum. Plus you'd expect City will be spending big on at least one striker this summer.

turdpower
June 26th, 2013, 4:55 PM
If City have a bottomless pit of money that should make no difference, surely? I don't understand why they don't want him.

They now have Dzeko and Aguero. They need two more. It's surely cheaper to keep Tevez (even if he's 4th choice?).

Canuck
June 26th, 2013, 5:04 PM
Is it just me or is there no consistency in the football market? It seems like some players go for ridiculous fees compared to much better players who go for much less.

Andy
June 26th, 2013, 5:04 PM
I guess they need to make at least some sort of cursory effort to appease FIFA et al with all these rules that probably won't be enforced. Getting a £15m salary off the book would help that. Obviously not if they bring Cavani or someone in on the same wages though. Who knows.

It could also be that Pellegrini says he doesn't want him so City have accepted a sightly lowball looking bid just to get rid.

El Capitano Gatisto
June 26th, 2013, 5:07 PM
He's a massive wankshaft also.

turdpower
June 26th, 2013, 5:11 PM
They must be fairly confident of getting Cavani then.

I really hope they go for Suarez though.

Andy
June 26th, 2013, 5:36 PM
Tevez to Juve is official then. Higuain to us next pleeeeease

Fanny Batter
June 26th, 2013, 5:53 PM
Glad to see the back of Tevez's neck from the English game. Be interesting to see who City go for, they seem fairly adamant they won't be paying Cavani's release clause so who knows. The Higuain deal should force everything to snowball, with any luck. Hopefully the league will be stronger this year, for the first time last year I felt overall our teams were clearly inferior to a few leagues on the continent.

Andy
June 26th, 2013, 6:55 PM
Don't do this to me

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/football/premierleague/article3801367.ece

Simon
June 27th, 2013, 5:05 AM
I was getting erect just thinking about what harm might have befallen Arsenal before clicking on that link, just our luck that it involves us losing our best player.

Lagom
June 27th, 2013, 11:53 AM
Leighton Baines to United is trending on twitter. Not really sure if it's legit, as I can't see any sources online, but it would hardly be surprising,

turdpower
June 27th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Don't waste money on him, just add all those funds to the Ronaldo package.

Fanny Batter
June 27th, 2013, 12:30 PM
Some things just don't make sense in football. Mad that a prodigious talent like Thiago Alcantara, a 22 year old attacking midfielder brought up in possibly the greatest developmental regime ever, can be bought for £15 million, while Leighton Baines, a good left back who turns 30 next year with 2 years left on his existing contract, is being touted for more. Then the case of Rooney, a man with so little discipline in his personal life and more than likely on an early decline due to that, can probably be sold for £30 million. It's all cock eyed and mental. If I were Moyes I'd certainly be looking for a younger model, it's not as if Evra hasn't got a year or two left in him and by then they'd only be able to get 3-4 years if that out of Baines. Strange. Unless they can con double figures out of Monaco or PSG for Evra.

MMH
June 27th, 2013, 1:05 PM
Leighton Baines to United is trending on twitter. Not really sure if it's legit, as I can't see any sources online, but it would hardly be surprising,

For the 12M that was touted it would be. Thats a derisory offer for our best player. If he goes he goes, it doesnt bother me, but offer us the going rate for gods sake.

Andy
June 27th, 2013, 2:46 PM
Isn't Thiago's release clause what's allowing him to potentially go cheap?

Ringo
June 27th, 2013, 3:13 PM
yuh

Rip
June 27th, 2013, 4:34 PM
Latest from our place is we've agreed terms with a player and lodged a bid of £10m+ with his club.

I get the feeling it's going to end up being a shit summer for us transfer wise, too many rumours and no real sign of progress anywhere so far.

Simon
June 27th, 2013, 5:11 PM
BBC Sport has updated their "Spurs bid for Paulinho" story to "Paulinho to sign for Spurs next week", seemingly without any new information on the deal. Villa supposedly as well.

eldanielfire
June 29th, 2013, 1:22 PM
All quiet on the Arsenal front.....getting worried I got my hopes up for a star signing and those stories wee to cover Wenger buying a french-african teenage sensataion again

Andy
June 29th, 2013, 1:28 PM
It's not really quiet at all. It sounds like we're working on deals for Higuain and Cesar and nearly every source going credits us with a serious interest in a centre back and a centre mid with Williams and Fellaini being the most talked about. Not that I think we'll get all of them but it's not particularly quiet; certainly seems like we are trying to make moves.

turdpower
June 29th, 2013, 1:36 PM
All quiet? :lol:

It seems nailed on you're getting Higuain and these rumours of putting a package together for Rooney haven't gone away.

Bad Collin
June 29th, 2013, 3:17 PM
Also it's not even fucking July yet!

Rip
June 29th, 2013, 3:46 PM
Next week could be mental if half the rumours are true.

That being said it'll be dead.

Simon
July 1st, 2013, 4:46 AM
Tottenham have agreed a €20m (£17.2m) double deal to sign Dinamo Zagreb duo Alen Halilovic and Tin Jedvaj, according to Croatian source Sportske novosti.

Dinamo’s president Mirko Barisic has confirmed that the deal is “all agreed” but declined to name a club, with other reports suggesting it is Spurs.

Both players will move when they turn 18, with Jedvaj arriving in north London in January and Halilovic moving next summer.

Attacking midfielder Halilovic has been compared to former Spurs midfielder Luka Modric, and the 17-year-old is widely regarded as the most promising youngster in Croatia.

The playmaker has already earned a senior cap for his country and scored twice in 18 appearances for Dinamo last season, including making two appearances in the club’s Champions League campaign.

Towrering centre-half Jedjav is also just 17 but like Halilovic broke into Dinamo’s first team last season and went on to make 13 appearances, scoring once.

Never heard of the centre back but Halilovic started making news towards the end of last season, it's an easy comparison to make but the similarities with Modric are obvious. The fee sounds a bit mad for two 17 year olds, especially for us, but Halilovic is being touted as a superstar in the making.

Simon
July 1st, 2013, 6:24 AM
Sunderland have signed three players I've never heard of. Big Paolo is moving quickly to get a completely new squad for next year :D

Simon
July 1st, 2013, 7:30 AM
Quite a few interesting transfers from around Europe that have gone through officially today...

Dmitri Payet (Lille --> Marseille) £8.8m
Fred (Internacional --> Shakhtar) £13.2m
Benat (Betis --> Bilbao) £7m
Dries Mertens (PSV --> Napoli) £8.5m
Mauro Icardi (Sampdoria --> Inter) £11.4m
Dieumerci Mbokani (Anderlecht --> Dinamo Kiev) £9.7m
Mattia Destro (Genoa --> Roma) £4m
Igor Denisov (Zenit --> Anzhi) £13.2m
Jeremain Lens (PSV --> Dinamo Kiev) £8m
Pablo Armero (Udinese --> Napoli) £3.5m
Fernando (Gremio --> Shakhtar) £9.7m
Heung-Min Son (Hamburg --> Leverkusen) £8.8m
Sokratis (Werder Bremen --> Dortmund) £8.3m
Joaquin (Malaga --> Fiorentina) £1.8m
Lazar Markovic (Partizan --> Benfica) £8.8m
Casemiro (Sao Paulo --> Real Madrid) £5.3m
Wellington Nem (Fluminense --> Shakhtar) £7.9m
Bruno Alves (Zenit --> Fenerbahce) £4.8m
Tino Costa (Valencia --> Spartak Moscow) £6.2m
Filip Djuricic (Heerenveen --> Benfica) £5.3m
Hector Herrera (Pachuca --> Porto) £7m
Diego Reyes (America --> Porto) £6.2m
Bojan (Roma --> Barcelona) £11.4m

A few interesting ones there...the Russian and Ukrainian clubs are doing their usual thing of raiding Brazil for exciting young players - Fred, Wellington Nem and Fernando are all recently capped by Brazil and highly-rated, so you would imagine those sides will continue to improve. Porto have signed Herrera and Reyes, both Mexican centre mids who are apparently quality, will be interesting to see if they can adequately replace Moutinho. I'm surprised that Barca have taken up their buy-back option on Bojan, he left without much fuss and I've barely heard him mentioned since he went to Serie A - then again Villa is moving on, so maybe he will get games.

The Rosk
July 1st, 2013, 8:02 AM
Nah mate. These are the biggest transfers of the window thus far:

Nicklas Helenius (Aalborg -> Villa) £1.5m
Antonio Luna (Sevilla -> Villa) £1.5m
Leandro Bacuna (FC Groningen -> Villa) £1.2m
Jores Okore (Nordsjaelland -> Villa) £4m
Alexander Tonev (Lech Poznan -> Villa) £2m

YES

TOP ONE NEXT YEAR LADS

Simon
July 1st, 2013, 8:17 AM
Okore and Helenius are FM heroes, I think Tonev is as well. Lambert is a cheat.

Peter Griffin
July 1st, 2013, 9:45 AM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11696/8796224/Transfer-news-Derby-boss-Nigel-Clough-not-ruling-out-move-for-Richard-Dunne

:scared:

TraXX
July 1st, 2013, 11:04 AM
Norwich seem to be going balls to the wall this transfer window. Of course, none of these may happen but it's nice to be shopping in something other than the bargain basement.

Toivonen and Redmond are close, and we've shown considerable interest in Hooper and Fer. Madness! I would legitimately splurge in my pants if they all sign for us! :hyper:

Simon
July 1st, 2013, 11:20 AM
For Norwich to go from Holt and Jackson to potentially van Wolswinkel and Toivonen up front is batshit, fair play to them. I saw Redmond a couple of times last year and he looked the bollocks, I think I was just lucky in the games I saw though as one of them was some mad game where Birmingham scored about a hundred goals away to a decent side.

It seems like a lot of teams you'd expect to be around the lower end of the table are all spending big at the moment, which could make it an even more interesting season than it was already shaping up to be. Cardiff have just done £7.5m on another FM hero, something Cornelius, Southampton have signed Lovren from Lyon who was being chased by all the top clubs a couple of years ago, Stoke have signed a Dutch international left back (Erik Pieters) from Ajax, Fulham have signed Holland's first choice (?) goalkeeper and Amorebieta who I believe was very good at Bilbao for a while, and of course Villa have bought a few young but highly-rated players. Hopefully it will make for a more competitive league next year. I already fear for Palace, who were arguably lucky to get out of the Championship and are going to be missing the two players who did most to get them promoted. They'll still beat us on the first day of the season though, stupid cunts.

Simon
July 1st, 2013, 11:23 AM
We're trying to sign McManaman from Wigan apparently. Not sure that he offers anything different or better than what Lennon does, they're basically the exact same player, except McManaman dishes out the long-term lay-offs instead of sustaining them.

thesamuelcooke
July 1st, 2013, 11:44 AM
Being an Arsenal fan it is frustrating checking the internet every hour to see if we have signed Higuain yet. Scared that we wont at all at this rate!

Our first XI looks immense if we sign everyone we are supposed to:

Szczesny (NOT Cesar)
Jenko-Kosh-Mertesacker-Monreal
Fellaini-Wilshere-Arteta
Walcott-Higuain-Carzola

Rooney on the bench of course.

Simon
July 1st, 2013, 11:46 AM
Another Gooner :banghead: you might be Sam Cooke but these are not GOOD TIMES hahahahaha bet you've never heard that one before :cool:

That said, welcome and make sure to post in here a lot, don't worry about the other forums just make sure you're in the football forum :yes: