PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Alf
January 23rd, 2013, 12:52 PM
I love how Adebayor has turned to shit as soon as he signed a permanent deal. Textbook.

Yep, standard. That was the big fear from everyone. I think we panic-bought. God knows how we'll get rid of him now.

turdpower
January 23rd, 2013, 12:58 PM
Fire a gun in the air.

Simon
January 23rd, 2013, 12:59 PM
PFFFFFFFFT

Rip
January 23rd, 2013, 1:12 PM
The van Wolfswinkel rumors keep coming, yesterday it was claimed we were interested at £9m, club sources then denied it and said our targets were in other areas and all nearly complete, now his agent is claiming we're the prefered option of the player and the deal could be done before the window closes...

Really no idea but I'd be a bloody happy bunny if it comes off!

Andy
January 23rd, 2013, 3:22 PM
Great name. Hasn't he been quite underwhelming at Sporting though? I'm basing that purely on anger I remember from MMH in the RFF thread last season.

Rip
January 23rd, 2013, 4:15 PM
19 in 36 since joining them (5 this season) 26 in 64 for Utrecht before he moved, pretty decent figures really when you take in his age (24 in three days)

Really not sure what to make of it though, everyone but the club seems to think he's coming but our lot keep saying no, unless we're trying to put off 'Arry :dunno:

MMH
January 23rd, 2013, 4:20 PM
Van Wolfswinkle is a good player, could do well over here. He has struggled this season but so has Sporting in general for the last two seasons.

RFF Champ
January 24th, 2013, 6:36 AM
Wasn't Diame at Wigan? I didn't hear many people raving about him then. How old is he? Maybe he has just took a while to get going and could go on to be a great player.

He used to get stuck out at left wing back at Wigan.

Rip
January 24th, 2013, 3:13 PM
Sissoko has signed (according to Toulouse) added to Haidara that's another good day for us.

Pablo Diablo
January 24th, 2013, 7:00 PM
Llorente going to Juventus. They are looking like building a really good team over there.

wardy
January 24th, 2013, 8:10 PM
Shit

Bennedy
January 25th, 2013, 6:20 AM
Sissoko has signed (according to Toulouse) added to Haidara that's another good day for us.

How many French players do you have now? It's got to be about 8 or 9.

Simon
January 25th, 2013, 6:24 AM
Think it's ten.

Rip
January 25th, 2013, 6:39 AM
Counting Sissoko 10

Cabaye, HBA, Gouffran, Yanga-Mbiwa, Amalfitano, Haidara, Marveux, Obertan & Debuchy

Plus we have Cisse and Tiote who are french speakers and Abied who was born in france but plays for Algeria and Moyo who was born in france and plays for the Congo.

Hlebsfall
January 25th, 2013, 7:19 AM
"We want to make things happen from inside the club. We have the resources to do well"

Ramping the old excuses machine up already.

Rip
January 25th, 2013, 7:50 AM
With Newcastle making numerous signings in January, Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger feels there should be a limit on the number of deals clubs can do in January.

He said: "I think it should be completely cut out or limited to two players because it is unfair for the league that some teams have played, for example, Newcastle already and then some teams have to face Newcastle still with six or eight new players. They do not face exactly the same team.

"I believe the number of players you can buy should be limited."

Wenger seems to have lost the plot.

Hlebsfall
January 25th, 2013, 8:01 AM
He wants it limited to zero. For both January and the summer.

Hlebsfall
January 25th, 2013, 8:02 AM
HOW DARE A TEAM HAVE THE FUCKING CHEEK TO TRY AND IMPROVE THEIR SQUAD.

El Capitano Gatisto
January 25th, 2013, 8:05 AM
Maybe that's why so many Arsenal players take the season off for a calf strain.

turdpower
January 25th, 2013, 8:19 AM
I enjoyed yesterdays opener from Mediawatch:

Alain Pardieu's Newchateau are finally removing the thumbs from their bottoms and actually bringing in some players. All from France, it seems. Perhaps Graham Carr has opened a small boulangerie and is conducting business from between the baguettes.

After Mathieu Debuchy arrived earlier this month, Mapou Yanga-Mbwia signed on Tuesday, Nancy say Massadio Haidara is going, Yoann Gouffran announced he is on his way too while Moussa Sissoko is thought to be shortly behind them.

Should all of those deals come to pass, that makes it 11 French players in their first team squad, along with eight other foreign players. There are 11 players from the UK in their squad of 27. Since M. Pardieu arrived at the club in December 2010 they have signed no Englishman. Indeed, the last English player the club signed was Sol Campbell in August 2010. By the time they next play a league game on January 29, it's perfectly possible that they will field an entire team of foreign players.

With all of this in mind, here's what Pardieu said back in 2006, when he was manager of West Ham:

"I saw a headline saying Arsenal are flying the flag for Britain. I kind of wondered where that British involvement actually was when I looked at their team.

"It's important that top clubs don't lose sight of the fact that it's the English Premier League and English players should be involved. Foreign players have been fantastic. We have learned from them and from foreign coaches.

"But, to some extent, we could lose the soul of British football - the English player."

Mik
January 25th, 2013, 8:26 AM
But Pardew is an absolute hypocrite. Ferguson was wrong in some of the things he said, but not in that regard.

I can only assume that the idea is to try and drum out the obvious malcontent within the club by getting a load of friends who are familiar with one another and speak the same language in and building the spirit within them. Risky plan, but they need to do something.

El Capitano Gatisto
January 25th, 2013, 8:44 AM
It's probably more to do with the French league being a good place for bargains with players who come with a certain level of technical and physical ability, basically made for the Premier League but at French league prices. Way better than spending on English players who are technically inferior but cost shitloads more for a similar level of ability. They do tend to be shite for team spirit when collected together.

Mik
January 25th, 2013, 8:52 AM
I thought that bit went without saying.

1_Pablo_Angel
January 25th, 2013, 9:14 AM
I can't wait to see all these new French bastards rip us apart on Tuesday.

Bad Collin
January 25th, 2013, 11:13 AM
Rumours that Spurs have gazumped us for Coutinho.

Alf
January 25th, 2013, 11:14 AM
Sounds like bollocks to me. Why would we buy him when we have Holtby wrapped up for the summer?

We have more pressing areas.

Rip
January 25th, 2013, 11:43 AM
It's probably more to do with the French league being a good place for bargains with players who come with a certain level of technical and physical ability, basically made for the Premier League but at French league prices. Way better than spending on English players who are technically inferior but cost shitloads more for a similar level of ability. They do tend to be shite for team spirit when collected together.

Well said Cap, pretty much says it all, the only thing I'd add is when Carr set out to find players he said he was going to do 'in depth' studies on each league and the value of the players they had to offer, next league he's going to be looking at is Portugal if I remember the list he gave a month or two ago, the French league offers incredible value in respect of skilled players who can play in a physical game the settling in period is short as well.

That being said, if you look at the reserve squad there are 11 English youngsters a couple of Irish lads, two Welshmen and a Scotsman plus three young English players out on loan right now, of those five of the English have been on first team duty, one of the Welsh, Shane Ferguson and Steven Logan. Of the rest three have had League games on loan at other clubs. What people often forget is the damage done by previous managers to our Reserve and youth squads Llambias and Pards (plus Mike Ashley) have all said part of the job is to rebuild and we're scouting the local kids as well but it's not financially possible for us to buy at the over inflated prices charged for English players, why not buy the better, cheaper option and invest in the reserve setup and coaching instead? We're a big club in history and name but sadly not in the league right now so we need to do everything we can to make sure we have more seasons like last and less like this, if we bring in people like Cabaye who influences from the top down and improve our kids by doing so what's the problem?

Alf
January 25th, 2013, 12:05 PM
Why are we even kidding ourselves that we even want/need teams made up of English players?

I don't care anymore.

Andy
January 25th, 2013, 1:31 PM
Looks like we're not signing anyone then. Absolutely unreal. If Wenger has decided money shouldn't be spent until summer then I don't want him to be the one spending it in the summer.

turdpower
January 25th, 2013, 1:37 PM
Do you remember when you used to challenge for the title?

Me either.

Rip
January 25th, 2013, 3:37 PM
Sissoko in on a 6 1/2 year deal.

Bloody hell lads I'm happy with our window :D

Alf
January 26th, 2013, 7:29 AM
Bloody hell. What a window.

You probably could have done with another striker but you've definitely improved your team. Without a shadow of a doubt. Great business.

Any idea how much Sissoko was?

BBF
January 26th, 2013, 7:54 AM
Wasn't he just less than £2m?

Rip
January 26th, 2013, 8:03 AM
£2 - £2.5m depending on reports, absolute steal and he really wanted to come to the club.

The vanWolfswinkel deal seems to be more press shouting than anything else but there is a rumor that we're trying to get one more through the door but no-one seems to have a clue who it is, even my cousin who is well clued in doesn't know much just that Llambias is 'working on a big one' that isn't any of the deals we've got done because the Sissoko one was due for the summer till things got speeded up due to his desire to get to us in this window.

One more... dreamland up here lads :D

Chris Scott
January 26th, 2013, 8:32 AM
Yeah Geordies done well so far with the signings. Rip would have thought you would have been in for Danny Graham.

Rip
January 26th, 2013, 8:57 AM
He could be the one we're working on and I'm pretty sure if we're in for him we'd get him since he's a fan, although to be honest I'm not sure we'd want him because I don't know what he'd add apart from enthusiasm and work rate, his goal ratio was pretty good at Carlisle and Watford (just under 1 in 3 and just over) but at Swansea he's only got 15 in 53 (mind he's got 7 this year) I'm not sure he's going to set the place alight and we're supposed to be moving for Carroll in the summer so I can't see us wanting to pay much for him and Swansea would probably be looking at £5m+

Chris Scott
January 26th, 2013, 9:22 AM
Yeah good point, you might as well wait for Carroll in the summer.

In other news apparently Liverpool have agreed fees with Inter Milan for Philippe Coutinho.

Mik
January 26th, 2013, 10:11 AM
There's no such thing as a good window until you see how they fit into the team.

MikeHunt
January 26th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Yeah it strikes me a panic buying.

Mik
January 26th, 2013, 10:46 AM
I'm undoubtedly biased. But it does to me too. Almost a full team of players with next to no proven Premiership experience, trying to wedge into a poisonous dressing room where existing players will be worrying about keeping their place...could go disastrously wrong.

Fingers crossed anyway.

Honestly, if Sunderland were in that position, I'd want to see one or two key players come in, not 7 or 8 unproven ones. Lets remember that this is the same team that were pushing for Champions League spaces at one point last season, with the exception of one proven goalscorer. Its not quality personnel they are lacking, almost all of their injured players are back fit and healthy now too.

Rip
January 26th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang from St Etienne is the 'big deal' we've offered £9m for him but bid has been knocked back, he's a 23 year old Gabon international with 8 goals so far this season 6'1 product of Milans youth team.

MikeHunt
January 26th, 2013, 11:59 AM
I agree completely with mik regardless of his bias. I hope Newcastle go down along with villa and qpr. Horrible football clubs.

MMH
January 28th, 2013, 9:41 AM
Looks like we have signed Leroy Fer.

Good stuff, exactly the type of player we need.

Bad Collin
January 28th, 2013, 10:39 AM
Fellani replacement perhaps?

MMH
January 28th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Fellani replacement perhaps?

Nah, we are allowed to sign players without them replacing others.

Moyes sees Fellaini as a more attacking player. Fer is a defensive minded mid.

Simon
January 28th, 2013, 11:49 AM
Someone on Twitter made me laugh saying that top clubs should just sign Fer for £15m now, save them being unable to prise him from Moyes for £25m in two years :D

thetony
January 29th, 2013, 1:34 PM
In case you were wondering what he looks like in a Milan shirt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkykcHMg2kQ

Ringo
January 29th, 2013, 8:08 PM
:sadwave: Balotelli.

Genuinely sad to see him leave the Prem.

Simon
January 30th, 2013, 8:24 AM
Jack Butland has turned down the chance to discuss personal terms with Chelsea after Birmingham City accepted a bid of £3.5m for the England goalkeeper.

City admitted last week that they were open to offers for any first-team players because of financial problems.

Butland, 19, rejected the opportunity to hold talks over a move to Stamford Bridge as he wants to play regularly.

"Jack's enjoying playing for Birmingham and he is gaining valuable experience," his agent Gary Mellor told BBC Sport.

"He will listen to what any club that meets Birmingham's asking price has to say, but playing is of paramount importance for Jack."

Quality. Maybe the Sweep and Parker chickens are coming home to roost now for Chelsea.

turdpower
January 30th, 2013, 10:25 AM
Surely he could have some of agreement in place whereby he gets loaned out instead?

Simon
January 30th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Yeah but what's the point when he could be a settled number one at a middle-to-higher Premier League club (Liverpool and Everton would be obvious choices I guess) with a regular England squad place and, if he turns out to be as good as expected, he would end up getting a move to one of the top clubs as their first choice goalkeeper in a few years anyway.

Bad Collin
January 30th, 2013, 10:39 AM
He's not getting in the team ahead of Reina or Howard yet.

Simon
January 30th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Na not right now but by the start of next season it would be a reasonable shout...Reina is past it and possibly off anyway (wasn't he left on the bench behind Jones even when fit for a while?) and Howard is good but not amazing or anything. At least at those clubs you get the feeling he would get a chance - at Chelsea he would be behind not only Cech, but the Belgian lad Courtois who has had two years proving himself already.

Beefy
January 30th, 2013, 10:44 AM
Christopher Samba for £10m to QPR. Jesus Christ.

Simon
January 30th, 2013, 10:48 AM
Fuck knows what they must be offering, I know the racism element means he was probably happy to cut his non-financial losses, but he's on over £100k a week there with minimal tax...

Beefy
January 30th, 2013, 10:52 AM
They're going to be absolutely bollocked financially, even if they don't go down. They've a tiny ground and must have a top six wage bill.

turdpower
January 30th, 2013, 10:52 AM
12.5m according to the DM, who BBC got the story off.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2270683/Christopher-Samba-London-seal-12-5m-QPR-move.html#ixzz2JT9G7rx8

JP
January 30th, 2013, 10:54 AM
You've got to admire Redknapp's balls if nothing else. Was it even over a month ago he was having an indirect go at Hughes for spending too much and saying he didn't want to spend the owners money?

The man has no scruples whatsoever.

Bad Collin
January 30th, 2013, 11:06 AM
His two keepers on the bench trick is disingenuous too

Simon
January 30th, 2013, 11:07 AM
Worked though, they kept a clean sheet yesterday :cool:

MMH
January 30th, 2013, 11:11 AM
Na not right now but by the start of next season it would be a reasonable shout...Reina is past it and possibly off anyway (wasn't he left on the bench behind Jones even when fit for a while?) and Howard is good but not amazing or anything. At least at those clubs you get the feeling he would get a chance - at Chelsea he would be behind not only Cech, but the Belgian lad Courtois who has had two years proving himself already.

Howard is pish these days. Has the odd good game though.

I wasnt happy at us being linked with Butland when he was goig to cost 7M odd as you can never tell with keepers how they will pan out. Other than Hart most highly touted keepers have ended up being crap recently.

Preferably he would join Chelsea and they can give us Courtois instead.

Mik
January 30th, 2013, 11:47 AM
Go in for Mignolet, he just seems to be getting better and better. Offer us £100m though.

Simon
January 30th, 2013, 11:52 AM
Everton's bid for Fer is off cos of a medical problem.

Bad Collin
January 30th, 2013, 11:55 AM
Talksport are claiming that we have bid £22m for Torres :lol:

I love silly season.

El Capitano Gatisto
January 30th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Torres is worth a loan and a £15 million future fee at this stage, maybe.

Bad Collin
January 30th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Yeah, I would say £15 mil max. I highly doubt they would send him out on loan though.

Chris Scott
January 30th, 2013, 3:37 PM
Looks like we have signed Leroy Fer.

Good stuff, exactly the type of player we need.

Just been reading the deals off now.

1_Pablo_Angel
January 30th, 2013, 3:52 PM
OUR SAVIOUR:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/549776_414498125291785_601290062_n.jpg

The Rosk
January 30th, 2013, 6:50 PM
SILLA!!!! FUCKING GET IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111

MMH
January 30th, 2013, 6:59 PM
Just been reading the deals off now.

It could still happen, hes still over here anyway. We have offered the same amount of money but linked into appearances rather than set times due to his knee injuries (dunno where they have came from...)

Twente have two players lined up too but they need the Fer money to do it so an agreement could happen still.

turdpower
January 31st, 2013, 4:06 AM
Odds for the first cliche Jim White will use at 8pm tonight:

7/2 The Clock is ticking
7/2 A Sky Sports exclusive
5/1 We can now reveal
5/1 Put pen to paper
7/1 You’ll hear it here first
10/1 Last minute business
10/1 This just in
18/1 Spotted at the training ground
20/1 Dismissed reports linking him with a move
20/1 Sensational breaking news
20/1 The eleventh hour
20/1 Two phones
20/1 Hold on to your hats
20/1 Spotted entering the ground
20/1 Looks set to snub
20/1 Sky sources have informed me
20/1 Twitter is in meltdown
20/1 Before the window slams shut
20/1 Weighing up his options
25/1 Come and get me plea
25/1 Damp Squib
25/1 Have swooped to sign
33/1 Angling for a move
33/1 Spotted at the airport
33/1 Joey Barton has just tweeted
33/1 Dipped in to the transfer market
33/1 Gary Cotterill outside spurs lodge
33/1 Completed a dream move
33/1 If this is true
40/1 The Owen saga is over
50/1 I miss Harry’s wheeling and dealing
50/1 If you thought the RVP transfer was big
66/1 I’m like a kid on Xmas eve
80/1 Right out of leftfield
80/1 Are football clubs the only people who still use fax machines
100/1 Paddy Power make me paranoid about my clichés

Simon
January 31st, 2013, 5:37 AM
Everton supposedly in for Negredo at a knockdown price...we will try to hijack that move, mark my words.

Simon
January 31st, 2013, 6:10 AM
From the BBC deadline day coverage...

Did I read that right? QPR boss Harry Redknapp says he does not know why he is associated with transfer deadline day? And he tells us this while being interviewed through a car window? Brilliant.

Alf
January 31st, 2013, 6:26 AM
As if we might be getting rid of Bentley and Jenas. As IF

Simon
January 31st, 2013, 6:56 AM
Anyone got a streaming link for Sky Sports News?

Torn
January 31st, 2013, 6:58 AM
As long as Harry Forrester goes nowhere I am happy today.

turdpower
January 31st, 2013, 7:00 AM
http://www.firstrow1.eu/watch/68515/1/watch-skysportsnews.html

Bad Collin
January 31st, 2013, 7:02 AM
That link is pop up hell. iLivid must be the most annoying thing on the internet.

RFF Champ
January 31st, 2013, 7:04 AM
Scharner's a good signing for Wigan, he'd have been ideal for Villa.

Torn
January 31st, 2013, 7:06 AM
That link is pop up hell. iLivid must be the most annoying thing on the internet.

Use Adblock Plus, easy.

Simon
January 31st, 2013, 7:16 AM
That link doesn't work for me :cry:

Simon
January 31st, 2013, 7:21 AM
http://www.nutjob.eu/skysportsnews.html Good quality link once you get past the 549085923405823490584902534859023485234908590234 ads.

SSN saying Beckham to PSG.

Funboy
http://www.nutjob.eu/#

should work for you Simon, need to x out of lots of ads in the beginning, and I recommend turning off the chat.

turdpower
From BBC:

Marseille loanee Joey Barton on Twitter: "Really hope Beckham goes to PSG. Double header against them in French Cup and league back end of Feb at their place."

Am I the only person who read that and thought: "Is that because you want to kick him, Joey?".

Funboy
January 31st, 2013, 7:22 AM
ah you beat me to it!

looks like Arry is gonna ruin QPR like he ruined Portsmouth!!

turdpower
January 31st, 2013, 7:22 AM
Simon, I reckon nutjob.eu is a good site to watch it on.

turdpower
January 31st, 2013, 7:37 AM
"It is difficult to move clubs and settle quickly in January. For me, top players only move at end of the season."

What a load of garbage.

Simon
January 31st, 2013, 8:52 AM
So Lambert's solution to a team of underperforming young signings from lower league English teams is to sign a youngster from a lower league French side. Joke of a manager.

RFF Champ
January 31st, 2013, 9:06 AM
So Lambert's solution to a team of underperforming young signings from lower league English teams is to sign a youngster from a lower league French side. Joke of a manager.

Where can you find top level midfielders on modest wages for 2mil, I'm sure Lambert would love to be shopping elsewhere.

Beefy
January 31st, 2013, 9:09 AM
Where can you find top level midfielders on modest wages for 2mil, I'm sure Lambert would love to be shopping elsewhere.

Paul Scharner? I'm biased but I think Mark Gower would be a perfect fit there for six months.

RFF Champ
January 31st, 2013, 9:11 AM
Paul Scharner? I'm biased but I think Mark Gower would be a perfect fit there for six months.

I think his personal connections to both Wigan and West Brom made it impossible for Villa to compete in that.

turdpower
January 31st, 2013, 9:21 AM
"He's only 22 and has never before played in the top flight, making 65 appearances for second-division Clermont. Although he played one game for the France Under-21s, Sylla remains relatively unknown this side of the Channel."

Sounds just like what Villa need.

Bad Collin
January 31st, 2013, 12:49 PM
Butland is at Stoke. That seems like an odd place for him to go unless Begovic is somewhere else.

TraXX
January 31st, 2013, 12:53 PM
Leeds are getting promoted one player at a time...

MMH
January 31st, 2013, 1:04 PM
Butland is at Stoke. That seems like an odd place for him to go unless Begovic is somewhere else.

Been linked with your lot hasnt he? Hope not, would be a good signing.

Bennedy
January 31st, 2013, 1:07 PM
Beckham is giving his PSG salary to a children's charity. What a man.

Gary J
January 31st, 2013, 1:13 PM
He's just an overpaid freekick taker so he probably felt guilty about conning a club into paying him to be a footballer

Bad Collin
January 31st, 2013, 1:17 PM
Been linked with your lot hasnt he? Hope not, would be a good signing.

He's been linked with every club in the top seven (except Spurs and City). I don't think we are ready to pack Pepe off yet but he needs some competition.

Bad Collin
January 31st, 2013, 1:18 PM
He's just an overpaid freekick taker so he probably felt guilty about conning a club into paying him to be a footballer

He won't play much and he'll make millions for them in shirt sales and worldwide exposure, it is a lovely touch from Becks.

Gary J
January 31st, 2013, 1:29 PM
It is a nice touch still think he's just an overpaid freekick taker.

turdpower
January 31st, 2013, 1:38 PM
I smell a Beefy infraction going the way of Gary J.

Rip
January 31st, 2013, 2:01 PM
Kevin Mbabu, 6'1 17 year old Swiss under 21 in and we're done. Ashley has been to see the squad today to discuss the future and confirmed no-one who is 'part of Pardews long term plans' will be leaving, rumors are that Simpson is off (not a bad player but his head got lost over the whole Enrique and Carroll stuff and he's never been right for us since) and we are looking to offload Nile Ranger but no-one wants him (he's a 100% dickhead but he's a player who could be bloody good in a lower league if someone took a gamble)

Hlebsfall
January 31st, 2013, 2:24 PM
NACHO MONREAL. Linked to a fucking player at last.

Hlebsfall
January 31st, 2013, 2:25 PM
Sky at Stoke. What an ugly bunch of fucking mongrels.

Gary J
January 31st, 2013, 2:32 PM
Shame Arsenal are going to buy a pretty good left back. I was hoping someone would post that haters gonna hate gif with Santos on to infuriate Andy.

MichaelC
January 31st, 2013, 2:46 PM
Telegraph football guy on Twitter.

John Percy
‏@John__Percy
Could be a late surprise at #avfc - in talks with #scfc over possible loan deal for Wilson Palacios

And Warnock has left Villa for Leeds.

Prototype16
January 31st, 2013, 3:01 PM

Begovic will go to a top club in the summer. Rumour is that Butland would be loaned straight back for the rest of the season if we do sign him- it would be a risky one, loads of hype around him but who knows how he'll turn out.

Delap's gone to Barnsley on loan - probably the end of his Stoke career. Absolute legend

1_Pablo_Angel
January 31st, 2013, 3:13 PM
Telegraph football guy on Twitter.

John Percy
‏@John__Percy
Could be a late surprise at #avfc - in talks with #scfc over possible loan deal for Wilson Palacios

Palacios is pretty shit but we could really do with a player like that.

Not shit, obviously. A hard lump.

Off to play 5 a side now, PLEASE let this have happened by the time I get back.

1_Pablo_Angel
January 31st, 2013, 3:15 PM
@AVFCOfficial:"Lights still on at Bodymoor Heath. One more deal still to be done? Stay tuned. #AVFC"

:hyper:

Excited about the prospect of Wilson Palacios on loan, how has it come to this...

Andy
January 31st, 2013, 3:23 PM
I like how Santos is SO shit that it has forced Weger into the market. We don't need a striker on the bench or any cover at centre back apparently, but playing Santos isn't an option.

Rip
January 31st, 2013, 3:37 PM

I flicked past that and thought Villa had brought in Neal Warnock as manager :lol:

Murphy
January 31st, 2013, 3:49 PM
I flicked past that and thought Villa had brought in Neal Warnock as manager :lol:

I did exactly the same. :D

Gary J
January 31st, 2013, 4:09 PM
When i saw it i just thought Warnock is a cunt and a shite footballer and Rosk was right about him.

SheltonLondon
January 31st, 2013, 4:51 PM
Fucking shite Everton, hope they prove me wrong and sneak a proper signing in before the end of the night, but not too hopeful now.

And back live to Stoke...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BB9me3fCEAEkos2.jpg:large

Andy
January 31st, 2013, 4:55 PM
Oh god, if we sign Monreal he'll be cup tied. Santos vs Robben/Ribery. :scared:

Andy
January 31st, 2013, 5:04 PM
Is Jim White on fucking speed or something? He's even worse than normal and much more camp.

Beefy
January 31st, 2013, 5:04 PM
David Beckham.... what a guy.

JP
January 31st, 2013, 5:13 PM
Of all the players to sell it looks like we're selling the one who will be one of our lowest earners and only grow in talent and value.

I get it, I honestly do, doesn't make it any less unpalatable.

Unless there's more to come out, don't think Villa have done enough. In contrary to every possible emotion I thought I'd have in this situation, I really don't want them to go down. We're the second city ffs, and if we're not going to be in the top division for at least a few years then I want them to stay in at least. A second tier derby would just be embarrassing for the city.

Red Dog
January 31st, 2013, 5:16 PM
You are a Birmingham fan and you would rather Villa were in a higher division to you?!

That is mental.

JP
January 31st, 2013, 5:27 PM
You are a Birmingham fan and you would rather Villa were in a higher division to you?!

That is mental.

I'd rather we were both in the Premiership. That's not gonna happen for a while, and for the city having one team in the Premiership is better than having none. And despite the Baggies stadium actually being in the city limits, they don't count.

The Rosk
January 31st, 2013, 5:30 PM
Well Villa have 90 minutes to save themselves from relegation. Odds on us to panic sell Bent for 8million to Norwich and buy Kenwyne Jones for 4?

I want to cry.

1_Pablo_Angel
January 31st, 2013, 5:42 PM
WHo the fuck is SImnon Dawkins? What the fuck is going on?!

Hlebsfall
January 31st, 2013, 5:44 PM
Best signing this window has been Kate Reilly at Norwich, for Sky Sports.

Rip
January 31st, 2013, 5:55 PM
Well Villa have 90 minutes to save themselves from relegation. Odds on us to panic sell Bent for 8million to Norwich and buy Kenwyne Jones for 4?

I want to cry.

Pretty sure you wouldn't find anyone to take that bet...

Could be worse, you could be QPR and bankrupt your club buying over-priced mercenaries on crazy wages while your manager builds up his slush fund before they all piss off next year instead of playing Huddersfield away on a wet February wednesday!

The Rosk
January 31st, 2013, 5:58 PM
WHo the fuck is SImnon Dawkins? What the fuck is going on?!

I am on the verge of tears both sad and laughing and I need to switch off. This is too much. Fucking woeful.

The Rosk
January 31st, 2013, 6:05 PM
FUCKING HELL. SECOND BOTTOM AND WE SIGN TWO PLAYERS WHO HAVE NEVER PLAYED IN THE TOP LEAGUE ANYFUCKINGCUNTINGWHERE. YOU COULD NOT CUNTING FUCKING WRITE IT. GET OUT OF MY FUCKING CLUB YOU CUNTS.

Hlebsfall
January 31st, 2013, 6:07 PM
Fuck, I wish Arsenal had signed Simon Dawkiaghshcndnbtbndjd

Who the fuck is he?

The Rosk
January 31st, 2013, 6:09 PM
He is the future mate. Him and GodSilla in midfield, we are fucking SORTED.

Bennedy
January 31st, 2013, 6:11 PM
Simon Dawkins. This is brilliant.

Chris Scott
January 31st, 2013, 6:13 PM
At least Lambert is getting ready for the Championship next season.

The Rosk
January 31st, 2013, 6:18 PM
I don't think I've seen much like this in football before. It is so fucking odd it's unreal.

JP
January 31st, 2013, 6:27 PM
At least Lambert is getting ready for the Championship next season.

Is it feasible that Lerner's actually given him that directive, staying up would be nice but more important to prepare for the worst?

What the fuck is going on in the heads of the people running the Birmingham clubs at the minute is anyone's guess.

Chris Scott
January 31st, 2013, 6:45 PM
I know JP mad whats going on at both clubs.

1_Pablo_Angel
January 31st, 2013, 6:57 PM
Blues were bought by a criminal. Pretty straightforward.

Villa were bought by a friendly rich bloke who tried quite hard and spent loads of money to begin with, but got burned by the first manager he hired and has now seemingly completely lost his passion for football.

Randy nice but dim.

The Comet Kid
January 31st, 2013, 6:58 PM
Pretty poor transfer window to be honest, newcastle can be the only one's to have done some great business. I know there were a couple other good deals done like Holtby but Spurs needed more, QPR have financially fucked themselves and most people have been pretty quiet.

1_Pablo_Angel
January 31st, 2013, 6:58 PM
Still, should be fun to see the Albion fans reaction to Odemwingie in his next home game. If he plays for them again, which to be honest has to be doubtful at the moment.

The Comet Kid
January 31st, 2013, 7:06 PM
Nacho Monreal signs for Arsenal, decent signing, doesnt seem to be anything really left to wait for unless spurs have done a very quiet very late deal for a striker.

The Rosk
January 31st, 2013, 7:07 PM
Well, it's time for Big Barry Bannan to step up and get his first goal or assist of the season in the next game. FINGERS CROSSED!

da_man
January 31st, 2013, 7:11 PM
Villa have snuck in the late signing of David Goodwillie from us. :spit:

da_man
January 31st, 2013, 7:12 PM
May be a Twitter hoax! He really is dreadful.

Andy
January 31st, 2013, 7:26 PM
Simon Jordan is a gigantic bellend but he's provided some really interesting insight here. Much more than Niall Quinn's constant cliches anyway.

JP
January 31st, 2013, 8:07 PM
Blues were bought by a criminal. Pretty straightforward.

In fairness it's a little bit more complicated than tha...who the hell am I kidding.

That. Nutshell. Fucked.

The Rosk
January 31st, 2013, 8:15 PM
It is quite shameful to KNOW your club is going to be relegated as early as January.

Its ok though lads, because we will fight. yeah.

Bennedy
January 31st, 2013, 8:36 PM
Simon Dawkins is not even a youngster like I thought. He is a 25 year old striker who had loan spells at Leyton Orient and San Jose Earthquakes. How could he possibly improve Villa in what seem to be the area that needs strengthening the least. Lambert has gone mad.

da_man
February 1st, 2013, 3:50 AM
Villa are a mirror image of Rovers last season. Absolutely no funding, senior players being sold or exiled, relying on too many young players and worst of all is losing to relegation rivals at home. We lost to Wolves, Bolton and teams like that last season. You can't do that and hope to stay up.

Simon
February 1st, 2013, 5:28 AM
Poor old Villa. Dawkins is 25 and has never played for us, we released him and then resigned him in the summer only to fuck him out to the MLS. I have literally no idea if he's any good or not.

Not as disappointed as I thought I would be in this window - it's a risk not getting another striker in, but if the market wasn't there then there's no point lumbering ourselves with someone we will want rid of by summer. TraXX, do you have any idea if the Kane deal has a recall option? Just thinking that we need a backup striker and he is now presumably fourth choice behind Holt, Becchio and Kamara. He's not very good though :(

1_Pablo_Angel
February 1st, 2013, 8:18 AM
He's a winger isn't he? Dunno why we've bothered as Lambert doesn't play wingers anyway.

We certainly appear to be preparing for life in the Championship next season.

Simon
February 1st, 2013, 8:22 AM
I think he's a striker but I know as much about him as you do.

Beefy
February 1st, 2013, 8:41 AM
He's a winger.

turdpower
February 1st, 2013, 8:53 AM
Best signing this window has been Kate Reilly at Norwich, for Sky Sports.

Google is not helping me find pictures.

Alf
February 1st, 2013, 8:55 AM
He's an attacking mid/forward. Think Aguero, but shit.

Simon
February 1st, 2013, 9:16 AM
She talks slower than anybody I've ever seen.

Simon
February 1st, 2013, 11:27 AM
TraXX, do you have any idea if the Kane deal has a recall option? Just thinking that we need a backup striker and he is now presumably fourth choice behind Holt, Becchio and Kamara. He's not very good though :(
We have recalled him now :scared:

Andy
February 1st, 2013, 11:52 AM
And we've recalled Benik Afobe. Two strikers for the win. :cool:

Simon
February 1st, 2013, 11:54 AM
Him and Aneke were supposedly going to be amazing when they first came through but I have barely heard anything since. Aneke in particular had Wenger raving, calling him "technically perfect" and all this. Just a bag of hype or what?

TraXX
February 1st, 2013, 12:05 PM
I came in here to let you know Kane had been recalled, Si, but you already knew...

I know when I'm not needed. :cry:

Beefy
February 1st, 2013, 12:14 PM
And yet 11 years later, you're still here.

Simon
February 1st, 2013, 12:30 PM
:lol: Poor old TraXX.

Simon
February 1st, 2013, 12:30 PM
Actually fuck TraXX, every time we play Norwich they seem to do us. Fuck him.

Andy
February 1st, 2013, 1:29 PM
Him and Aneke were supposedly going to be amazing when they first came through but I have barely heard anything since. Aneke in particular had Wenger raving, calling him "technically perfect" and all this. Just a bag of hype or what?

I don't know really, I've not seen a huge amount of either. Afobe did really well at Huddersfield but he's not had much of a chance at Bolton. Yet somehow he's now first reserve centre forward for Arsenal. Aneke by all accounts is doing well at Crewe after a terrible start. Ryo is another weird one. Looked to be doing really well with Bolton but has done fuck all at Wigan. Maybe doesn't fit into their system with only the wingbacks providing width for them.

I think everyone just writes off any Arsenal youth player who isn't as good as Wilshere by the time they turn 20. I've seen quite a bit of Gnabry and Eisfeld this year, they both look excellent. Wouldn't be surprised to see them get a bit of game time this year. Nico Yennaris and Jernade Meade look promising too, but the amount of injuries both have had already is worrying.

Gary J
February 1st, 2013, 2:00 PM
People only write off Arsenal youth players because Wenger never gives them a chance apart from the odd league cup game.

On the subject of players never getting a chance Dani Pacheco should tell Liverpool to go fuck themselves all they ever do is loan him out.

The Rosk
February 1st, 2013, 2:08 PM

asghaghsghaghsgha

Simon
February 1st, 2013, 6:16 PM
Meade is the one you can't see unless the grass has been cut, right? Looks decent.

Andy
February 1st, 2013, 6:33 PM
Yeah he's tiny.

TraXX
February 2nd, 2013, 3:14 AM

Wow. Just, wow.

:cry:

Andy
February 8th, 2013, 9:42 AM
Andre Santos is on the verge of a move to Gremio apparently.

Bad Collin
February 8th, 2013, 9:46 AM
Poor Gremio

Bad Collin
March 8th, 2013, 7:33 AM
Rumours that Arsenal are going to sign FM cheat player Yaya Sanogo.

son_of_foley
March 8th, 2013, 7:36 AM
Andy,

Could you ask Mark McNulty if he has agreed to come to Derby in the Summer?

Cheers

Andy
March 8th, 2013, 7:46 AM
Not seen him in ages but will try.

MACE
March 9th, 2013, 7:18 PM
Ronaldo, come back home, you beautiful bastard.

Rip
April 8th, 2013, 8:48 AM
Cheikh M’Bengue at Newcastle yesterday to discuss a summer move, I guess that would mean Santon is off back to Italy, shame he's looked good now he's playing regular M'Bengue is a differnet type of player as well more blood and thunder than Santons silky skills (he's twice been banned 'until the end of the season' by the French FA for psychotic tackles)

Alf
April 8th, 2013, 10:14 AM
I thought Santon was a RB?

Rip
April 8th, 2013, 10:37 AM
Nope, Debuchy is our RB, Santon and Haidara are the two left backs we've got right now, although Santon can play right.

Pablo Diablo
April 23rd, 2013, 7:08 AM
Gotze joining Bayern next year apparently. That's ridiculous, they've pretty much already sealed up next years Bundesliga as well.

Bad Collin
April 23rd, 2013, 7:15 AM
It sounds like Eriksen has decided to choose City, not really suprised about that.

In other non shock news Arsenal are linked with Sunday Mba who plays for Warri Wolves

Lagom
April 23rd, 2013, 7:15 AM
Gutted for Dortmund, that's a big loss, especially with Lewandowski off as well.

Simon
April 23rd, 2013, 7:26 AM
Lewandowski isn't 100% going yet apparently. United are interested but are supposedly looking at Falcao as well, and with the Gotze move described as a 'hostile bid' (met his release clause, Dortmund obviously not wanting to sell) you wonder if a deal with Bayern would be possible now.

MMH
April 23rd, 2013, 7:36 AM
Gutted for Dortmund, that's a big loss, especially with Lewandowski off as well.

They aint letting these players go for free. Im sure they will use the money wisely.

RuneEdge
April 23rd, 2013, 11:06 AM
Cavani gone to PSG according to French radio station RMC.

JP
April 23rd, 2013, 11:16 AM
They aint letting these players go for free. Im sure they will use the money wisely.

Arsenal.

Just saying.

Lagom
April 23rd, 2013, 11:52 AM
Love
Lewandowski isn't 100% going yet apparently. United are interested but are supposedly looking at Falcao as well, and with the Gotze move described as a 'hostile bid' (met his release clause, Dortmund obviously not wanting to sell) you wonder if a deal with Bayern would be possible now.

If you believe the reports coming out, it was Götze who requested the activation of tue clause to trigger the transfer, so I'm not sure it's any sort of mark against Bayern. Dortmund themselves have said that Götze hasn't breached his contract, and that Bayern haven't made any illegal approach.

Simon
April 23rd, 2013, 12:00 PM
Na it's not illegal or anything and Bayern haven't done anything wrong as such. It was described as a 'hostile bid' by Rafa Honigstein on Football Weekly, meaning that no negotiation took place between Bayern and Dortmund, Bayern just met his release clause and Dortmund had no choice but to accept. Which obviously isn't great for the relationship between the two clubs and makes them less likely to sell Lewandowski to them I would have thought.

I haven't actually seen a lot of Gotze and when I have he has been outshone by Reus and Lewandowski, looking forward to having another look at him tomorrow night. Mad that Bayern have banged £30m+ on him when they already have Schweinsteiger/Martinez/Kroos, add Gotze to the mix and that is a cunt of a midfield.

El Capitano Gatisto
April 23rd, 2013, 12:00 PM
Robben may be on his way then.

Rip
May 13th, 2013, 8:13 AM
'Arry the Twat has decided he's going to sign Gary Hooper in the summer, the same Hooper who knocked back QPR in January when they were still in the Prem and throwing money around like water.

Unless 'Arry has some dodgy photos of him I've no idea what makes him think he'd go now, there must be half a dozen prem clubs (and those coming up) who'd have him before QPR if he decides to move.

Gary J
May 13th, 2013, 9:03 AM
We've been linked with Hooper but then we always get linked with ex scunthorpe strikers when they do well elsewhere no doubt Billy Sharp will get a few mentions this summer.

Hlebsfall
May 13th, 2013, 9:44 AM
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/transfers/manchester-united-make-shock-move-for-former-arsenal-captain-cesc-fabregas-8614167.html

Kill me now.

Hlebsfall
May 13th, 2013, 9:49 AM
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/05/11/3969776/arsenal-hold-second-round-of-talks-with-ashley-williams-camp?source=breakingnews&ICID=HP_BN_1

Then rape my corpse.

Simon
May 13th, 2013, 10:08 AM
Is this the year that Hlebsfall finally ends it all?

Bad Collin
May 13th, 2013, 10:19 AM
If Fabs is made available then surely the Arsenal board will dig out enough cash to pay for him? I don't see him going to United.

I didn't know Williams is 28, Arsenal can have him.

Gary J
May 13th, 2013, 2:38 PM
I can't see Fabregas going to Man Utd either. If Barcelona do decide they want to sell him don't Arsenal have first option on him?

turdpower
May 13th, 2013, 3:01 PM
Would Arsenal offer 35m for him though?

Andy
May 13th, 2013, 3:26 PM
We've got a buy back clause for what we sold him for, 28m or something. Plus I'm sure we're still owed money for him. Not that it'll happen.

If you read goal.com they also say we're going to make a bid for Rooney.

turdpower
May 13th, 2013, 3:30 PM
Worst rumour. Ever.

Andy
May 13th, 2013, 3:32 PM
That's goal.com for you.

Pablo Diablo
May 14th, 2013, 8:00 AM
As if Bayern doesn't already have everyone, Neymar is now rumoured to be going there this summer according to a former Santos president.

Hlebsfall
May 14th, 2013, 8:08 AM
Where the fuck do Bayern get their money from? They cant have any hoarded Nazi loot left to sell.

StevieV
May 18th, 2013, 12:21 PM
Moutinho to spurs rumours. TOTALLY NEW AND FRESH JOURNALISM.

Simon
May 18th, 2013, 3:11 PM
Thought he was going Monaco...

El Capitano Gatisto
May 18th, 2013, 3:40 PM
It's funny now that the financial fair play stuff comes in, it's more likely to have to apply to Monaco and PSG than any English clubs, after all the grumbling about Platini having it in for the Premier League. It'll be interesting to see if UEFA stand up to them. They were pretty ruthless with Malaga and their unpaid transfer fees, seems unlikely they'll be as quick to ban bigger clubs with actual money behind them.

Gary J
May 18th, 2013, 4:28 PM
Monaco won't have a problem with UEFA until they actually qualify for europe though so they'll have a year at least to try and work round the financial fair play regulations.

Bad Collin
May 21st, 2013, 10:15 AM
Liverpool CB rumours; Kolo Toure, FM cheat player Papadopolous and Llori from Lisbon.

Toure on a free and a young guy seems like a good way to solve our issues in that position, depends how much Toure wants though.

Lagom
May 21st, 2013, 10:26 AM
I'd rather pay upwards of £8m for Williams from Swansea, than bring in Toure on a free, I think.

Bad Collin
May 21st, 2013, 10:31 AM
I wouldn't, Toure has won the league twice and is settled in the North West.

Bad Collin
May 21st, 2013, 2:11 PM
£15 million fee agreed for Carroll.

Chris Scott
May 21st, 2013, 3:09 PM
Yeah BC I'd rarther we get Williams instead of Toure. With hopefully the Greek coming in, Agger, Williams, Kelly and Wisdom, i'm happy with that.

turdpower
May 21st, 2013, 4:20 PM
£15 million fee agreed for Carroll.

Even that is ridiculous. 35m, who was actually responsible for that?

Rip
May 21st, 2013, 4:27 PM
Dunno, we laughed though.

turdpower
May 21st, 2013, 4:33 PM
I imagine the story was very similar to the one da_man posted about Christian Daily.

turdpower
May 21st, 2013, 4:44 PM
And during the days of Roy Hodgson, Colin Hendry had gone to Rangers and it was deadline day. Desperate for a centre-half and failed in a bid to get Sol Campbell, Woy presses the panic button and goes for Derby's Christian Dailly.

According to Jim Smith, the conversation between him and his Chairman went along the lines of:

"Jim, Blackburn are interested in Christian Dailly. What do you think?"

"Hmmm...ok, we can afford to let him go but not for a penny less than 2 and a half million!"

"They've offered £5.35m."

:nono:

Still brilliant.

Peter Griffin
May 21st, 2013, 4:48 PM
:rofl: why have I never heard that before.

turdpower
May 21st, 2013, 4:56 PM
https://forums.rajah.com/showthread.php?126506-Funny-football-stories-to-impress-your-mates-with-DAHHHHHHN-THE-BOOZAH!&highlight=football

It's from this thread.

Well worth a read. Or a re-read even.

Ringo
May 22nd, 2013, 10:37 AM
Fulham are getting down to business quickly aren't they? They've already made Riether's deal permanent and signed Derek Boateng and Amorebieta. Linked with a bunch of others as well.

West Ham too. Everyone's favourite Romanian Razvan Rat has signed and it's only a matter of time for Carroll, while they've supposedly made a bid for Massimo Ambrosini!

Rip
May 22nd, 2013, 11:19 AM
Bent on his way to Fulham as well.

Ringo
May 22nd, 2013, 12:16 PM
Right then - what business does everyone want to see their club do in the transfer window? What do you need? What do you want? What's going to happen?

We need a central midfielder and I think we will sign one. Not sure who though just now. Rumours of Jose wanting to bring Khedira along with him...

We could also do with a top striker but I have no idea what is going to happen there. Falcao, Cavani, Lewandowski - they all look to be destined for other clubs. Will we sign one if Torres stays? Will Mourinho even want Torres if he plans on staying? Lukaku scored more premier league goals than any Chelsea player this season but he's only 20 and can still look poor at times. Not sure I see him being the main man just yet but I think it would be a bit mad to loan him out again. So that's probably the most likely.

Probably Schurrle. Maybe one defender. Another back up keeper because Hilario is going. Malouda, Ferreira, Benayoun and probably Marin off as well.

What about YOU?

Rip
May 22nd, 2013, 12:22 PM
Big strong striker, right winger, centre mid, plus replace anyone who goes.

A season without as many badly timed injuries and less games and we'll do a lot better next time, top ten minimum and hopefully push for top six.

Peter Griffin
May 22nd, 2013, 12:30 PM
We need a central midfielder and I think we will sign one. Not sure who though just now. Rumours of Jose wanting to bring Khedira along with him...

Really? you've signed lamps up, Ramire's can play cm, Obi Mikel, I think Romeu can play there right? and isn't Essien on his way back?

Ringo
May 22nd, 2013, 12:44 PM
It's been a weak area of the team this season though. Let Essien and Meireles go just before the window shut without signing a replacement. Lamps will be 35, Romeu I like but he's not there yet and has had a long lay off, Ramires gets too much shit but he hasn't had a great season. Not entirely sure what will happen with Essien next year but I've heard mixed things about his performances at CM for Real, didn't Mourinho mainly use him at RB towards the end? Just not mobile enough anymore.

It's an area of the side that is perhaps lacking a bit of quality but the problem primarily is that any one combination of those players (+ David Luiz) lacks something, whether it be speed, mobility, power, defensive responsibilities, attacking impetus etc. I like every individual and think they have something to offer but we don't have a top quality partnership. Could also be down to the way we play.

turdpower
May 22nd, 2013, 12:49 PM
I'd like us to get a decent winger in. That central midfielder we've been after for about 4 years; Scholes actually leaving (for real this time), Fletcher still got bottom aids, Anderson still fat. Fellaini would be nice, but is that likely or just lazy journalism? I'm happy for Kagawa to step up should Rooney leave.

Or just spunk the lot on Ronaldo. I'd be happy to do that.

Peter Griffin
May 22nd, 2013, 12:49 PM
Fair play, I guess as an outsider I am just purely looking at people who can play there, but obviously improving the area is always a good thing.

Lagom
May 22nd, 2013, 1:05 PM
Letting Rooney go and filling the void with Kagawa would be a shrewd move from Moyes. If he could get Fellaini and maybe Baines to follow him from Everton, you'd be laughing.

As for Chelsea, I think I'm the only one barking enough to think that Benitez is still going to be in charge next season. I reckon they'd be better off sorting a/some replacement centre-backs, and shoving David Luiz forward, as he's proven himself to be far too brain-shit-prone to play at CB regularly. A shame, because on his day, he's unplayable, like a CB Fellaini.

Where Liverpool go from here is hard to tell. Obviously Rodgers will be looking at bringing in another centre back to replace Carragher, but whether he goes for experience to slot straight into the team, or goes with someone younger as back-up to a Skrtel/Agger partnership, I don't know. We could do with a new left back as cover/competition for Enrique. I'd like to see Borini fully fit next season, and if he is, I think we really only need 1 or 2 additions to the front line to take us forward. Ince would be good, but I reckon they'll try and price us out of a move for him. I'm convinced Reina will be off, so chances are we'll need to find a new and established goalkeeper to replace him, as Jones isn't good enough at all. That's another one that could potentially cost us a bomb.

Ringo
May 22nd, 2013, 1:39 PM
As for Chelsea, I think I'm the only one barking enough to think that Benitez is still going to be in charge next season.

What makes you say that?

Lagom
May 22nd, 2013, 1:49 PM
Everyone else seems 100% certain that Benitez is off, and Mourinho is a lock, but I have a sneaky suspicion he'll get the job full-time. I don't know why, I might be mental.

Andy
May 22nd, 2013, 2:10 PM
We urgently need at least one striker, a right back and a centre back. We could also do with some proper competition for Szcz, a left winger and a midfielder with more strength than Arteta/Wilshere/Ramsey. Jovetic has been the main rumour but The Guardian reckons Wenger thinks the quoted £30m is too much. I'm sure he'll go elsewhere and be amazing like Mata did.

Likely leavers: Mannone, Fabianski, Sagna, Bendtner, Denilson, Chamakh, Squillaci, Djourou, Frimpong, Park, Arshavin and Santos. So yeah, could do with a fair bit of depth.

We'll end up with Momo Sonogo and Yaya Banana.

StevieV
May 22nd, 2013, 4:05 PM
keep bale. buy a striker. add a touch of class to the midfield (luka?)

Peter Griffin
May 22nd, 2013, 4:08 PM
Momo Sonogo and Yaya Banana.
RACIST!!!!!!!!

Andy
May 22nd, 2013, 4:44 PM
No we've genuinely been linked with them. :(

Lagom
May 22nd, 2013, 5:28 PM
Yaya Sanogo...?

Ringo
May 22nd, 2013, 5:30 PM
That's what I thought but there is actually a Yaya Banana that they have been linked with. Superb.

http://arsenal-mania.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=187562

This t-shirt is available in France...

http://image.spreadshirt.net/image-server/v1/products/25383228/views/1,width=280,height=280.png/yaya-banana-3-fc-sochaux-4.png

I steal cable
May 23rd, 2013, 12:27 PM
is that a pair of hand cuffs?

http://www.criminaldefensesanfrancisco.com/images/handcuffsOpen.jpg

StevieV
May 23rd, 2013, 2:49 PM
No, Bananas.

turdpower
May 24th, 2013, 2:05 AM
Apparently Monaco have basically bought Moutinho and Rodriguez from Porto. Let the crazy French transfer signings continue.

Bad Collin
May 24th, 2013, 3:56 AM
Todays rumours:

- Begovic has joined LIverpool (the Sun quotes him as already training at Melwood)

I like Begovic and he seems like an excellent replacement for Peps.

- Benteke to Arsenal

""If Aston Villa say I must stay, I won't necessarily accept that. I do not in any way want to feel I didn't get the most out of my career. I try to get everything.

"Of course playing the World Cup in Rio is in my head. But I have no fear of falling out of the team. There is no point in me getting into a tug-of-war with Villa.

"If the chance comes up for me to join a club like Arsenal, I'm convinced we can reach a compromise where everyone comes out a winner."

Benteke is just the kind of player that Arsenal (or anyone) needs,

MMH
May 24th, 2013, 4:04 AM
Apparently Monaco have basically bought Moutinho and Rodriguez from Porto. Let the crazy French transfer signings continue.

Its well dodgy too, they have paid about 70M for the pair but allegedly to avoid paying a big sell on fee to Sporting they have sold Moutinho for 1M and Rodrigiez for 69M!

Simon
May 24th, 2013, 5:15 AM
Didn't Benteke more or less say he thought he was signing for Arsenal when he signed for Villa? I remember him saying he was surprised to find that Villa weren't in London and that he expected to sign for Arsenal this summer anyway.

Bad Collin
May 24th, 2013, 5:43 AM
I heard that too.

£15 million for Begovic apaz. That is a lot, hopefully some of it is dependent of apperances etc.

Bad Collin
May 24th, 2013, 9:16 AM
Both stories were made up. Welcome to a football less summer :\

The Rosk
May 24th, 2013, 9:25 AM
Benteke was misquoted MASSIVELY when he signed and it was pure speculation. Even came out afterwards with a transcript of what he actually said. This is probably him just subtly pushing for a bigger contract (which he deserves, obviously) and it was from a press interview on international duty - his agent even says "If he was unhappy at Villa we'd have seen that. But he's not."

I doubt he will leave this summer, but if he does, then it will have to be for a massive sum of surely at least £20-25 million. Hopefully with us getting people like Dunne and Ireland off the wage bill and also presumably selling Bent for around £8 million that's a decent warchest to spend on a hugely improved team since the start of the year. We would have a massive hole upfront though.

The Rosk
May 24th, 2013, 9:43 AM
http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8732542/

Christian Benteke's agent has moved to distance the Aston Villa striker from comments suggesting he would try to force a move away from the club.

A report in The Sun on Friday linked the Belgian to just about all of the Premier League's leading clubs, and suggested that he would do everything he could to get away from Villa Park.

But his agent Eris Kismet told Sky Sports that the report was inaccurate and that Benteke was not looking to get in to some kind of war with the club.

Kismet said: "Christian and I are surprised and disgusted by a story in the Sun newspaper claiming Benteke can do what he wants.

"He has been misquoted.

"The true line is that Christian does not want to make a war with Aston Villa.

"The true line is that Christian does not want to make a war with Aston Villa. He has called me today from New York and he is disgusted, I have told him not to speak to any media from now on."
Christian Benteke's agent
"He has called me today from New York and he is disgusted, I have told him not to speak to any media from now on."

"If there is interest, which is normal after the season he has had, no way will problems be made by Christian and myself. That is what he said in the interview!"

turdpower
May 24th, 2013, 11:30 AM
Its well dodgy too, they have paid about 70M for the pair but allegedly to avoid paying a big sell on fee to Sporting they have sold Moutinho for 1M and Rodrigiez for 69M!

Hahaha, brilliant dastardly work.

Ringo
May 24th, 2013, 11:40 AM
Would be great if it was true, but officially it is 25 for Moutinho and 45 for Rodriguez appaz.

Rip
May 24th, 2013, 12:41 PM
The way the Sun are going their going to get banned from every club before next season starts.

Peter Griffin
May 24th, 2013, 2:20 PM
Whats that now Rip?

Ringo
May 26th, 2013, 3:51 AM
Neymar to Barca official then. Will be very interesting to see how he fits into that team. Neymar and Messi together is potentially terrifying, but it may not work out. Clasico will be something next year for sure.

http://www.fcbarcelona.com/football/first-team/detail/article/neymar-da-silva-to-join-fc-barcelona-for-the-next-five-seasons

El Capitano Gatisto
May 26th, 2013, 6:35 AM
Villa is definitely up for grabs then. Barca need some power in their defence now. They'll need to move a couple of players on to make room and raise the money. Probably they have some random world class kids coming through but right now some of their side looks a bit past it.

The Rosk
May 26th, 2013, 7:28 AM
Arsenal need to shitting go for Villa. No chance will they have enough money for Big Bad Benteke. Top one next year lads.

El Capitano Gatisto
May 26th, 2013, 7:49 AM
His age will probably put Arsenal off but I agree. It would be a smart move to get a proven, experienced winner in. Villa has a few years of class in him yet.

Ringo
May 26th, 2013, 2:39 PM
Falcao having medical at Monaco on Monday as well.

This transfer window could be mad. Monaco already spent over £100m and not done yet. PSG haven't even got started. Real will presumably feel the need to spend lots of money, Neymar to Barca, Llorente to Juve etc.

turdpower
May 26th, 2013, 4:28 PM
I hope they do more mental business.

Alf
May 27th, 2013, 6:58 AM
Surely they must be thinking of bale. Levy must be erect.