PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

MMH
July 12th, 2010, 4:48 PM
No wonder this forum doesn't get any new members that stick around you nasty, nasty bastard.

Tell me who you support and I won't quote a post of yours til xmas.

Drop it now or you wont be posting until Xmas full stop.

Gary J
July 12th, 2010, 4:48 PM
He supports Barcelona doesn't he ? I seem to remember him saying something about a book about their history he got as a youngster.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 12th, 2010, 4:49 PM
Red Dog brought it up. His posting style is almost identical to JIJ's in that it is equally tiresome.

Red Dog
July 12th, 2010, 4:50 PM
Don't act like a dickhead. We all know why you asked.

Most regular posters here know the answer because I have happily explained it. You are just being a dickhead, as per usual. You contribute zero to this forum.
I asked because I have asked you before and you wouldn't tell me so I was hoping to catch you on a better day.

Maybe if you just answered the question instead of flinging your toys out the pram this could all have been avoided.

I repeat, it is NOT weird to ask someone on a FOOTBALL forum what FOOTBALL team they support.

And I wasn't going to go down the "ooh you are not a proper fan" line because I will grudgingly admit you know what you are taking about a lot of the time.

BBF
July 12th, 2010, 4:51 PM
MMH I wish you had been able to change usernames.

Red Dog
July 12th, 2010, 4:52 PM
Red Dog brought it up. His posting style is almost identical to JIJ's in that it is equally tiresome.
Er, no I didn't.

Show me where I have said you don't support anyone.

You can't because I didn't because I wanted to know who it was.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 12th, 2010, 4:54 PM
I asked because I have asked you before and you wouldn't tell me so I was hoping to catch you on a better day.

Maybe if you just answered the question instead of flinging your toys out the pram this could all have been avoided.

I repeat, it is NOT weird to ask someone on a FOOTBALL forum what FOOTBALL team they support.

And I wasn't going to go down the "ooh you are not a proper fan" line because I will grudgingly admit you know what you are taking about a lot of the time.

Stop back-tracking you total fruit. I couldn't give a flying fuck what you think of me. The issue here is you posting like a cock and dragging things down with your pointless, pissy observations about people. Cut it out or fuck off. Pointless pulling the innocent act since your entire posting time here demonstrates that you want nothing more than to be a narky little cock.

1_Pablo_Angel
July 12th, 2010, 4:55 PM
Shut up Red Dog. You're making it very difficult for me to stuffily look down my nose at guys on here who rarely go to games.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 12th, 2010, 4:56 PM
Er, no I didn't.

Show me where I have said you don't support anyone.

You can't because I didn't because I wanted to know who it was.

Leave him mate.

It is weird enough that he doesn't actually support a club side so if he wants to pretend he is Spanish because his national team are too crap to qualify then I say let him.

Yes well done you absolute half-wit. Forget which account you were on when you posted that?

Red Dog
July 12th, 2010, 5:00 PM
Yes well done you absolute half-wit. Forget which account you were on when you posted that?
Granted, I did forget I had posted that..

El Capitano Gatisto
July 12th, 2010, 5:01 PM
Apology accepted you senile dickhead.

Time for you to fuck off.

1_Pablo_Angel
July 12th, 2010, 5:02 PM
Embarassing. Should probably call it a night at this point.

Glen
July 12th, 2010, 6:50 PM
Ouch.

That was embarrassing for the lad.

Anywho, not impressed with this signing of Perch from Notts Forest. Squad player at best. Dreading the beginning of the season.

Red Dog
July 12th, 2010, 7:05 PM
Perch is fucking dreadful.

Has played 200 games for us and I can't think of a single good one.

At right back he is steady. Midfield average, left back - Well if you have seen the play offs last year you will have a good idea how good he is at left back.

He actually said last season his favoured position was centre half. His only two games playing centre half in the last 3 years have been 5-0 and 4-0 defeats.

I actually think the fee is "undisclosed" because Newcastle are embarassed to admit they paid over a million pounds for him.

Torn
July 12th, 2010, 7:08 PM
I was going to reply saying come on he's not dreadful is he, but when I thought about the times I've actually seen him play the best thing I could say about him that he was "alright" in midfield.

The Rosk
July 13th, 2010, 4:00 AM
Christ Red Dog what happened in here last night?

Heard a rumour of Villa going for Huntelaar because other clubs don't want him. Hmmm. Doubtful.

Glen
July 13th, 2010, 5:05 AM
He's crap on Pro Evo mate.

Red Dog
July 13th, 2010, 8:30 AM

Heard a rumour of Villa going for Huntelaar because other clubs don't want him. Hmmm. Doubtful.
I asked ECG who he supported and he turned round and destroyed me.

I still don't know who he supports but I wont ask again.

Billy Davies has now come out and said James Perch was sold behind his back.

When asked if he was happy at Forest he replied "I have no intention of breaking my contract of employment with Nottingham Forest".

Idiot. It's James Perch FFS.

BBF
July 13th, 2010, 8:31 AM
HE DOESN'T SUPPORT ANYONE EQPIHPU""s

Red Dog
July 13th, 2010, 8:34 AM
OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Better than Barnet then eh LOL.

BBF
July 13th, 2010, 8:36 AM
Bloody git. We are brilliant mate.

Just signed Darren dehanahanhay.

Red Dog
July 13th, 2010, 8:38 AM
We have signed no-one.

And sold Perch.

*insert joke about squad being stronger than last year*

Simon
July 13th, 2010, 9:33 AM
A wise Perch-chase for Newcastle.

Mik
July 13th, 2010, 1:20 PM
I asked ECG who he supported and he turned round and destroyed me.

Take this experience on the chin and stop continually trying to score points off people in the football forum. Nobody cares or is impressed by it.

Red Dog
July 13th, 2010, 1:24 PM
Take this experience on the chin and stop continually trying to score points off people in the football forum. Nobody cares or is impressed by it.
If I wanted to score points off you if would be pretty fucking easy wouldn't it so don't patronise me theres a good lad. :yes:

The Rosk
July 13th, 2010, 1:26 PM
Not really.

Red Dog
July 13th, 2010, 1:28 PM
Ok.

Back to football?

1_Pablo_Angel
July 13th, 2010, 1:33 PM

Apparently he has 'been offered to us'.

And we are 'mulling it over'.

:lol:

Mik
July 13th, 2010, 1:41 PM
If I wanted to score points off you if would be pretty fucking easy wouldn't it so don't patronise me theres a good lad. :yes:

Somehow, I dont think that it would be. So how about you just stick to talking about football and leave scoring forum points off the agenda altogether? Try just talking about football instead, without the attitude.

Glen
July 13th, 2010, 4:26 PM
Fancy a bet on who finishes higher this year Michael?

UK Blue
July 13th, 2010, 4:38 PM
That would not be a wise bet for you Glen.

Lazurus
July 13th, 2010, 6:45 PM
Apparently he has 'been offered to us'.

And we are 'mulling it over'.

Well he's about twice as good as anyone you currently have so I wouldn't mull for too long.

Ringo
July 13th, 2010, 7:52 PM
Why is Artur Boruc going to Fiorentina? Would've thought quite a few big clubs would have been in for him where he'd actually be the number one.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 13th, 2010, 7:54 PM
Think some of his massive shit the bed moments probably put other big clubs off him. Fiorentina got him at a snip.

Christopherson
July 13th, 2010, 7:59 PM
I wonder if that Arsenal bid was true if so Celtic must be kicking themselves. Although he is prone to being a headcase when he's on he's very much a great goalie.

Ringo
July 13th, 2010, 7:59 PM
Ah, maybe I thought he was better than he is.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 13th, 2010, 8:03 PM
I can't imagine Arsenal ever bid big money for him.

A couple of mates of mine met Neil Lennon in a pub a few years ago and had some drinks with him (they had pics to prove it) and he said Artur Boruc was shite and a total cunt. Maybe this also has something to do with it.

Christopherson
July 13th, 2010, 8:05 PM
Ah, maybe I thought he was better than he is.

No he is good, very good actually but just like ECG said he can be a bit hairy sometimes but I think it will be a good thing for him to get away from Celtic. With that being the case I think he'll go on to do very well for Tornentina and they'll sell him on for the profit Celtic thought they would have got.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 13th, 2010, 8:08 PM
He's going to be back up at Fiorentina unless Sebastien Frey is finally moving on.

Christopherson
July 13th, 2010, 8:11 PM
I can't imagine Arsenal ever bid big money for him.

A couple of mates of mine met Neil Lennon in a pub a few years ago and had some drinks with him (they had pics to prove it) and he said Artur Boruc was shite and a total cunt. Maybe this also has something to do with it.

As you probably know Neil Lennon is kinda despised by Rangers fans but I have always respected him. For this simple reason, anyone who takes the amount abuse he does (even from his own fans, sometimes) and still sticks with the club and loves them is worthy of respect in my book.

That said I still don't think he's the right choice for manager at Celtic but looking at the state of us he's never going to get a better time.

He's going to be back up at Fiorentina unless Sebastien Frey is finally moving on.

I forgot about Frey which is really quite bad as he's nearly always the goalie I sign on FM :nono:.

Andy
July 13th, 2010, 9:41 PM
We'll take Frey.

Better than Mark Schwarzer.

Gary J
July 14th, 2010, 3:45 AM
Should have gone for Eduardo. He looked pretty good at the world cup he's only 27 and went for 4.5m to Genoa.

Lagom
July 14th, 2010, 5:26 AM
With Boruc gone, does that leave Zaluzska as first choice goalkeeper, or am i forgetting someone?

The could do worse than pinching Cavalieri from Liverpool, has the potential to be a very good goalkeeper, but we will never need more than a back-up as long as Reina stays at Anfield.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 14th, 2010, 5:43 AM
"In life, at times, you need new challenges and I cannot hide the fact that I need that," said Frey

Read more: http://www.thefirstpost.co.uk/65836,sport,football,transfer-talk-fiorentina-keeper-sebastien-frey-on-his-way-to-arsenal-gunners-also-chase-stephane-sessegnon#ixzz0teG9xvBi

Darkoke
July 14th, 2010, 7:47 AM
Think Zaluzska will be number 1 with Cervi as his back-up. Sad to see Boruc go.

Sticking with Celtic, Lennon reckons they are close to doing a deal for Efrain Jaurez, a midfielder who played for Mexico at the World Cup however his agent says he would be keen on going to England or Spain. Can't say I remember him.

Could really do with a "marquee" signing but the Bullard loan is looking unlikely although the Sunday papers were linking Villa with an 8million plus Heskey offer for McGeady. Not sure how I'd feel about that, probably rather just take the 8million and let them keep Heskey.

Ringo
July 14th, 2010, 7:57 AM
Juarez had a couple of really good games at the World Cup, surprised you don't remember him. He was on Barcelona's books as a youth.

Lagom
July 14th, 2010, 8:11 AM
Think Zaluzska will be number 1 with Cervi as his back-up. Sad to see Boruc go.

Sticking with Celtic, Lennon reckons they are close to doing a deal for Efrain Jaurez, a midfielder who played for Mexico at the World Cup however his agent says he would be keen on going to England or Spain. Can't say I remember him.

Could really do with a "marquee" signing but the Bullard loan is looking unlikely although the Sunday papers were linking Villa with an 8million plus Heskey offer for McGeady. Not sure how I'd feel about that, probably rather just take the 8million and let them keep Heskey.

haha, i'd agree on that last sentiment. As good as the SPL can make some players look, specifically Rod Wallace, i think Heskey would still struggle to score on a regular basis.

I know how much backbone Lennon has, and I'd like to see him use it and keep Samaras, playing him as a lone striker and let the others around him support from midfield. He did it well at the World Cup, and in one game looked as good as Forlan is at that role

Simon
July 14th, 2010, 8:41 AM
Henry has pissed off to the States as expected. He'd long been superseded by Pedro, not to mention Bojan, Jeffren and even Jonathan.

Lagom
July 14th, 2010, 8:46 AM
Not surprised he's gone, to be honest, since he'd mentioned it a few times. I was surprised though, that no Premier League teams decided to try and sway him, at least publicly they didn't.

He's past his best, and doesn't look greatly interested anymore, but still, he's a top quality striker and would add something to pretty much all Premier League squads, much like Larsson did at Man Utd, although he had the advantage of motivation on his side.

JIJ
July 14th, 2010, 9:15 AM
Great signing for the MLS

Winkle van Tinkle
July 14th, 2010, 9:36 AM
I heard Raul and Ronaldinho could be going there too....

Simon
July 14th, 2010, 9:36 AM
In truth I think if Beckham can't make the difference over there, I'm not sure anyone can. Don't forget, they have tried before to improve the league by bringing in fading stars from around the world (Pele, Best, Stoichkov, I think Romario as well?).

Perhaps the reality is that (because they are so insular, maybe?) no-one can come from abroad and turn it into the big sport it is everywhere else. But on the upside, for Yanks at least, the national side are improving all the time, have their first genuine 'star' in Landon Donovan (after the misfire in trying to brand Adu a superstar when he was not in a position to justify the tag), and seem to gradually be catching on to football as time goes on.

From what little I know of the coverage over there, there seems to be less clamour for turning it into an Americanised sport, they are beginning to agree with leaving it how it is - maybe their comparative success recently has given them the impetus to believe they can actually make a mark on the sport worldwide without adapting it to their own preferences. God help us when they eventually do catch on, as with a catchment area of that size and the sort of funding they can throw at it if they fall in love with, they could be a superpower within ten or fifteen years.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 14th, 2010, 9:44 AM
Beckham went there and didn't play very well and his team did rubbish. By all accounts he was there to collect his money and get his name known out there.

Henry is a truly great footballer so in quality terms he has Beckham beat. He should score a lot of goals even if he half-arses it. Anyway, I wouldn't compare this to the NASL days, it's a bit different. The only players from Europe likely to want to go there are fading stars or players not quite good enough to make it, but they are hardly filling the league with them. The continued progress of the US national team will strengthen the game there and having a national league will offer something concrete for players to come through to.

What the Yanks need to do is to start making football a real option for their urban poor to play and make careers in. They had barely any Hispanic players in their squad this year and that seems an obvious place to start targeting to bring players through. If Henry goes over there and scores the kinds of goals we know he can, it'll only encourage youngsters watching. Let's be honest, Beckham was never the sort of player who would do that on the pitch. It's been a popular sport there at youth level for about 20 years now, since before 1994, what they need is more people believing it's a career.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 14th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Exactly. Beckham was never the sort of player that would get the Sportscenter PLAY OF THE DAY moment, unless it was a free kick. While he was an excellent player, he wasn't really a showman on the pitch. Someone like an Henry, or a Ronaldinho can conjour up a piece of magic (even if they do it far less often these days) that could get people talking.

We should send Quincy Owusu Obiye out there. He would tear it up with nothing but flicks and tricks.

Lagom
July 14th, 2010, 10:04 AM
What about Adel Taraabt? He could go on a weekly maze-up.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 14th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Yep, send him along too. Get some real fucking show ponies over there.

Lagom
July 14th, 2010, 10:32 AM
Who's that fat fuck they love on Soccer AM? Trundle? He'll do

MMH
July 14th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Who's that fat fuck they love on Soccer AM? Trundle? He'll do

He has just signed for Neath AFC.

As you do.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 14th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Oh yeah, Ronaldinho has signed for Flamengo apparently, just waiting on Milan to release him from his contract. So presumably not going to MLS, back to Brazil to get fatter and pork some more strippers.

Beefy
July 14th, 2010, 11:25 AM
I'm surprised that more superstars don't go over there. Talk about living the dream.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 14th, 2010, 11:28 AM
They probably have career ambitions. Plus, living on mainland Europe is hardly slumming it. Personally there's no way I could imagine living in the USA for very long.

There's no money in MLS either.

Lazurus
July 14th, 2010, 12:40 PM
Henry's debut's going to be against Spurs.

I hope Robbie Keane starts.

Pablo Diablo
July 14th, 2010, 12:44 PM
It's been a popular sport there at youth level for about 20 years now, since before 1994, what they need is more people believing it's a career.

This my freinds is the truth. Couldn't agree with it more, not only for the US but for Canada as well, although I know none of you give a toss about that. Its an insanly popular sport in Canada for youth but never translates to any success for the national team. People just don't see it as a career here, although with soon to be 3 MLS teams in three major Canadian cities (Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver) mayhaps it'll start to change.

Beefy
July 14th, 2010, 12:54 PM
They probably have career ambitions. Plus, living on mainland Europe is hardly slumming it. Personally there's no way I could imagine living in the USA for very long.

There's no money in MLS either.

There's no money for journeymen due to the salary-cap. There's massive amounts of money for the likes of Henry, Beckham & co.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 14th, 2010, 1:00 PM
That depends heavily on the team and each team is only allowed one player to break the cap.

El Capitano Gatisto
July 14th, 2010, 1:08 PM
They can trade these it seems, so New York Red Bulls can have Angel and Henry. American sport rules are weird.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 14th, 2010, 2:30 PM
:wank:

http://lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-15409747194339/bullshop

1_Pablo_Angel
July 14th, 2010, 2:34 PM
Well he's about twice as good as anyone you currently have so I wouldn't mull for too long.

Hence the 'lol', obviously.

Darkoke
July 15th, 2010, 5:31 AM
Guardian are linking Celtic with a 2.5million move for Nottingham Forest defender Kelvin Wilson as it's looking like Sol Campbell will turn them down.

Simon
July 15th, 2010, 6:46 AM
He's probably still holding out for that offer from United.

Red Dog
July 15th, 2010, 8:27 AM
Guardian are linking Celtic with a 2.5million move for Nottingham Forest defender Kelvin Wilson as it's looking like Sol Campbell will turn them down.
Thats been doing the rounds for ages because Lennon was seen talking to Wilson after our play off game. I'd want more money than that for him as we wouldnt get a replacement as good for that price.

Canuck
July 15th, 2010, 9:00 AM
This my freinds is the truth. Couldn't agree with it more, not only for the US but for Canada as well, although I know none of you give a toss about that. Its an insanly popular sport in Canada for youth but never translates to any success for the national team. People just don't see it as a career here, although with soon to be 3 MLS teams in three major Canadian cities (Toronto, Montreal and Vancouver) mayhaps it'll start to change.

Interest dies because there's no real football program in Canada. It's not promoted or funded quite so much as other sports like hockey and that's why it's a major fail here, in terms of skill.

JoJo the rabid monkey
July 15th, 2010, 1:45 PM
In truth I think if Beckham can't make the difference over there, I'm not sure anyone can. Don't forget, they have tried before to improve the league by bringing in fading stars from around the world (Pele, Best, Stoichkov, I think Romario as well?).

In addition to the points ECG and Cuncha made, the timing on this deal is much better than the timing on Beckham's. Right now there is still elevated coverage of soccer; basketball and other football are in their offseason, and we're still riding the World Cup wave. Making a move like this immdeiately instead of in January once the World Cup publicity cooled off made the Beckham move more of a curiosity than anything else, because any momentum from the 2006 Cup was gone. Getting Henry immediately after the World Cup means that he will be looked at to sustain an already-going boom instead of expected to start a new one all by itself.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 15th, 2010, 5:11 PM
City sign Kolarov for 17m. Really good signing.

:sadwave: Mr Bridge

BBF
July 15th, 2010, 5:14 PM
Bridge would be a bloody good signing for Liverpool.

Beefy
July 15th, 2010, 5:17 PM
Hlebs, is Ryan Hall any good? Looks like we're about to sign him.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 15th, 2010, 5:34 PM
Bridge would be a bloody good signing for Liverpool.

I think City would probably want more than 27.46 for Bridge, so that rules Liverpool out.

Bluemoon
July 15th, 2010, 6:17 PM
City sign Kolarov for 17m. Really good signing.

:sadwave: Mr Bridge

Just got in, put ssn on and who the fuck is he?

I hope we sign the black italian though.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 15th, 2010, 6:46 PM
Very good left back. Real were apparently after him too...but they have their eyes on another left back now. Coles representatives met with Real on Tuesday.

Bluemoon
July 15th, 2010, 6:58 PM
Shame it's another foreign player but I guess that's what it's about nowadays.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 15th, 2010, 6:59 PM
Who else is there really? You already have arguably the second best English left back...and he's dogshit.

Bluemoon
July 15th, 2010, 7:03 PM
Yeah I know, we might as well offered Chelsea 20 for Cole and hoped he joined.

Bluemoon
July 15th, 2010, 7:21 PM
Now we are going to probably waste 30m on James Milner.

Ringo
July 15th, 2010, 8:08 PM
Why would we have accepted 20m for Ashley Cole? Also, if he's going anywhere, it's Real Madrid.

Kolarov has looked tasty whenever I've seen him. City probably just need a decent right back now and they're all set. They may go with Boateng in that role though, he had a great game in the 3rd/4th play-off in that position.

Andy
July 15th, 2010, 8:47 PM
They just need a couple of good centre backs and they'll have a team capable of challenging after some gelling time.

da_man
July 16th, 2010, 2:51 AM
We have an Israeli lad called Gai Assulin who has just left Barcelona on trial. Apparently was very highly thought of a few years ago but had a bad injury.

Beefy
July 16th, 2010, 4:09 AM
He's quality for my Southend team in Football Manager.

Lazurus
July 16th, 2010, 5:35 AM
What do you mean you have him? He's signed for you?

He was bloody good against us in the Wembley cup last years; apparently had a very bad injury a couple of years ago and his progress has stalled since then.

BBF
July 16th, 2010, 5:36 AM
He said on trial you weirdo.

Lazurus
July 16th, 2010, 5:45 AM
Oh yeah. Don't know why my eyes didn't see that. Stupid eyes. Odd that he'd even agree to a trial.

Darkoke
July 16th, 2010, 6:11 AM
Daryl Murphy is close to signing for Celtic from Sunderland according to Neil Lennon.

Ringo
July 16th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Barcelona have signed Adriano from Sevilla for €10m.

Oh and Guti's gone to Besiktas apparently.

BBF
July 16th, 2010, 10:55 AM
Left back isn't he?

Probably the only area of their squad they are remotely weak.

Ringo
July 16th, 2010, 11:06 AM
Yeah, he can play on both wings though. ALSO, West Ham are close to tying up deals for Piquionne, Ben-Haim and Pablo Barrera according to Sky Sports. Not sure whether they've given up going after Remy and Neymar.

UK Blue
July 16th, 2010, 11:11 AM
I thought Maxwell looked pretty good when I saw him last season. Going forward at least. Never rated Abidal.

Piquionne will be a good signing for someone. A real handful on his day. Just a bit inconsistent.

Simon
July 16th, 2010, 11:14 AM
UK Blue my Pompey supporting mate reckons you are signing Ibrahim Sonko.

BBF
July 16th, 2010, 11:16 AM
He's already on loan there I thought?

BBF
July 16th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Confirmed today in fact.

UK Blue
July 16th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Agreed a loan, awaiting clearance from the football league.

Small matter of a transfer embargo standing in the way!

Gary J
July 16th, 2010, 1:45 PM
Sorry to hear you have signed Sonko UK Blue your team has already made you suffer enough.

UK Blue
July 16th, 2010, 2:12 PM
He's probably better than our 12-year-old alternatives.

Gary J
July 16th, 2010, 2:15 PM
You'd think so wouldn't you. I suppose if those 12 year old alternatives aren't that good he might be better.

MichaelC
July 17th, 2010, 11:44 AM
Portsmouth (rumours)
Mario Mandzukic (Dinamo Zagreb);

We've been linked with Mandzukic ever since we signed Modric and Corluka, never seen him play but you'd hope we would be after someone who's proven quality. Jovetic looks a good player but I dunno if he would leave Fiorentina for us, would be a bit of a sideways step considering the top teams have been looking at him supposedly.

Mandzukic, whose quite a good player, and who seems to be linked a few times to Premiership sides - was he the Croat Portsmouth claimed to buy then didn't stump up the cash for last season? - has joined Steve McLaren's Wolfsburg, in another shrewd buy for that side.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11881_6267348,00.html

Andy
July 17th, 2010, 1:27 PM
Bookies have suspended bets on Joe Cole to Liverpool.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 17th, 2010, 1:53 PM
Harry Kewell jnr

Lawson
July 17th, 2010, 4:35 PM
It's Paddy Power who have suspended bets. I'm pretty sure they're the ones who have done the same on Henry to Liverpool a good three or four times, and on Ribery to Liverpool.

And at any rate, as Roy has said tonight:

"If you want to know about transfer targets, and how things are progressing, you'll have to ask Christian Purslow because he's the man looking after those discussions, not me."

The man whose job title was to find investment is in charge of our transfers. I'd say that makes our dealings even more unpredictable.

Insua is off to Italy to talk with Fiorentina. This is the deal Roy admitted he knew nothing about and, with the above, it looks alarmingly like we have a banker as a Director of Football. I wonder if he can play left back? If not, we're down to a 16 year old or Agger.

Chris Scott
July 17th, 2010, 6:31 PM
I hope Roy is not giving Rieira a second chance.

Shame Insua is going, we are a bit fucked for left backs.

Lagom
July 17th, 2010, 8:57 PM
Why would you not want Riera given another chance? With a run in the side he looks one of our better players, and he was royally fucked over by Benitez, and that was the only reason he wanted to leave the club. He's certainly the best wide player Benitez ever brought in

Lawson
July 17th, 2010, 9:59 PM
Riera was involved in several training ground incidents, including one where he assaulted another player.

He then felt justified to criticise the manager (and, by association, the players playing in front of him) at a time when it was vitally important for the club that some stability and togetherness be found.

Riera can either assume a new identity and retrain as a left back - or he can sod off.

Chris Scott
July 18th, 2010, 8:04 AM
Exactly.

UK Blue
July 18th, 2010, 8:11 AM
Mandzukic, whose quite a good player, and who seems to be linked a few times to Premiership sides - was he the Croat Portsmouth claimed to buy then didn't stump up the cash for last season? - has joined Steve McLaren's Wolfsburg, in another shrewd buy for that side.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11881_6267348,00.html

That was Kalinic.

Apparently we changed the terms of the deal with Hajduk Split after it was agreed in principle without even telling them. They found out. That's how Peter Storrie does business.

Andy
July 18th, 2010, 8:15 AM
Who did Riera assault? :lol:

jesus sucks
July 18th, 2010, 9:20 AM
i have no problem with us getting rid of Benitez' undroppable retards like Insua et al. Benitez is a fat idiot get rid of all his shite signings (which was 80% of them) and start afresh. i'm not a fan of Reira but his rant about Benitez was hilarious, and true! so was Pennant's, Alonsos, Benayouns and all the other players who came out to the press to call him a cock.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 18th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Eduardo has apparently signed for Shaktar Donesk for 7.5m (not sure if thats Uros or Sterling).

Simon
July 18th, 2010, 12:27 PM
7m Euros apparently. Shame that he's never quite recovered his form since he had his leg liquidised.

Andy
July 18th, 2010, 1:04 PM
Shame, but the injury has destroyed him. Just hope the same doesn't happen to Ramsey.

So we need a new striker then, to add to the goalkeeper, defender and midfielder on the shopping list.

Hlebsfall
July 18th, 2010, 1:07 PM
Phil Jagielka for 16m in the Sunday Mirror. Probably the worst rumour of the summer I have heard so far.

1_Pablo_Angel
July 18th, 2010, 1:08 PM
Heskey is available.

Murphy
July 18th, 2010, 1:13 PM
Ibrahimovic to Fulham is the most ridiculous I've heard, so far.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 18th, 2010, 1:40 PM
Shame, but the injury has destroyed him. Just hope the same doesn't happen to Ramsey.

So we need a new striker then, to add to the goalkeeper, defender and midfielder on the shopping list.

we dont

Lawson
July 18th, 2010, 1:45 PM
Who did Riera assault? :lol:

Pacheco. (Because he didn't pass to Riera often enough during training.)

Ringo
July 18th, 2010, 1:46 PM
Yeah, what the fuck Andy?

van Persie, Bendtner, Chamakh, Vela, Walcott, Arshavin, Nasri, Rosicky, Simpson, Sunu and Watt isn't enough for that front 3?

MMH
July 18th, 2010, 2:08 PM
Phil Jagielka for 16m in the Sunday Mirror. Probably the worst rumour of the summer I have heard so far.

Why?

Not that I want it to happen obviously...

Andy
July 18th, 2010, 2:13 PM
Yeah, what the fuck Andy?

van Persie, Bendtner, Chamakh, Vela, Walcott, Arshavin, Nasri, Rosicky, Simpson, Sunu and Watt isn't enough for that front 3?

For a team looking to challenge for the title? Sunu and Watt won't feature much, Simpson has been told to find a new club and Rosicky and Vela are injury prone. I think we need a midfielder/striker to add to the options for the front three if Eduardo has gone.

Gary J
July 18th, 2010, 2:16 PM
Van Persie will probably break down at some stage too.

Andy
July 18th, 2010, 2:47 PM
Yeah that's a possibility, not to mention the fact that Bendtner is still suffering from the groin problem he's had since he crashed his car.

Simon
July 18th, 2010, 3:05 PM
Van Persie, Bendtner, Chamakh, Arshavin, Vela and Walcott is surely enough for those three striker slots. Demanding a new striker given your current defence and goalkeeper is odd.

Andy
July 18th, 2010, 3:07 PM
Yes, odd that I mentioned in addition to listing the goalkeeper and defence as positions we need to strengthen in. If Eduardo leaves, it's one in one out and last year we were in huge trouble when Bendtner and van Persie were out.

Wenger has come out and said that there is no number 1 at Arsenal this season yet, and also that it's unlikely we'll sign Schwarzer. I'm quite glad about that, as long as we sign SOMEONE.

Simon
July 18th, 2010, 3:11 PM
If Eduardo leaves, it's one in one out and last year we were in huge trouble when Bendtner and van Persie were out.

Last year you didn't have Chamakh.

Andy
July 18th, 2010, 3:14 PM
That's true mate, we had Eduardo instead. Three strikers, big problems when two of them were injured. Chamakh is hopefully not injury prone and more able to play as a focal point of a three, but given the injury records of the other two, I don't think it would be a bad idea to get another who can play in one of the forward positions. That's the point I'm making.

Ringo
July 18th, 2010, 3:23 PM
It'd still be hard to persuade any half decent striker to join when he'd be behind van Persie, Chamakh, Bendtner et al., not to mention how the likes of Vela might react to have yet another player ahead of them.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 18th, 2010, 5:09 PM
Exactly.

We play with a 4-3-3, but essentially only one forward through the middle. We then have Walcott, Rosicky, Arshavin, Nasri, Wilshere, Vela available for the other 2 spots. Then we have RVP, Chamakh, and Bendtner for the central role.

Ramsey's recovery is supposedly coming on well, but I don't know how long before he is back. But in the middle 3 we have Fabregas, Song, Denilson, Diaby, Eboue, and Ramsey (when fit). Plus Wenger apparently has high hopes for Frimpong and JET.

Our defence is where we need some cover centrally, and of course a goalkeeper. Full backs (Clichy, Gibbs, Eboue, Sagna) we seem ok for, but centrally we have 3 including Djourou, which is obviously a big concern.

By the way, im not saying these players are going to win us the league, but I think Wenger trusts them and won't be bringing in other players. So unless players get sold, I don't see anyone coming in apart from a defender and a goalkeeper.

Andy
July 18th, 2010, 5:12 PM
Yeah, it's wishful thinking on my part to think we'd strengthen enough to have a squad good enough to challenge for the title for a few consecutive years. As you say, the defence is a massive worry, I hope Wenger doesn't see Djourou as a third choice. I wouldn't mind if the Jagielka rumours were true, we could do a lot worse and you'd know what you're getting with him. Cahill would be nice too but there seems to be absolutely no news on any sort of defensive or goalkeeping signing yet. :\

Winkle van Tinkle
July 18th, 2010, 5:18 PM
I don't see us weighing out 10m on a centre half if he isn't going to be first choice. So any defender we buy now will be back up to Koscielny and Vermaelen. Thats why I don't think we'll go for JAGS.

But I do think a new keeper is on his way.

Andy
July 18th, 2010, 5:21 PM
I'd love us to do what Liverpool or even Tottenham did last year and just buy a decent back up. Kyrgiakos was pretty good and was needed probably more than expected, cheap at 30 but well worth it for a couple of seasons. Same with Bassong. Fairly average players but we just need a couple more bodies. A couple of injuries as it stands would leave us with a centre back pairing of Djourou and Song and a centre midfield pairing of Diaby and Denilson. :\

Winkle van Tinkle
July 18th, 2010, 5:33 PM
Mate, i'd take Djourou over Kyrigakos all day long. The guy is constantly running in treacle. When fit, and with a centre half who can lead a defence he is a very good defender (see when he partnered Campbell), when he is beside someone who can't lead a line, he is dogshit (see his partnership with Kolo).

Besides, if we were willing to spend another 15m on a defender, i'd much rather have Subotic than Jagielka.

Although, according to the mail tomorrow we're looking at Ozil instead....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1295712/Arsenal-handed-massive-boost-Werder-Bremen-admit-theyll-listen-offers-World-Cup-sensation-Mesut-Ozil.html

He can slot in at centre half, right?

Winkle van Tinkle
July 18th, 2010, 5:37 PM
Btw, I genuinely hope Puyol gets the permanent shits.

He says Arsenal need to now show some respect and class.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3058813/Carles-Puyol-Show-Cesc-Fabregas-some-respect.html

Andy
July 18th, 2010, 5:37 PM
I'm not convinced by Djourou at all. He's never impressed me and he's just coming back from a serious injury.

Obviously not gonna complain about Ozil, I suppose we'd be better planning in advance to get a replacement for Fabregas, whether he goes this year or not. It's gonna be far harder when everyone knows we have 50m to spend replacing him.

Lazurus
July 18th, 2010, 5:50 PM
Btw, I genuinely hope Puyol gets the permanent shits.

He says Arsenal need to now show some respect and class.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3058813/Carles-Puyol-Show-Cesc-Fabregas-some-respect.html

He's right though; he wants to win things and is stuck at a club that isn't trying to win things. Give him a free and let him go you mean people.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 18th, 2010, 5:53 PM
No need to buy a replacement.

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_ZRD7lsv9c0w/Sc6aX1_c72I/AAAAAAAAAI8/UyGwBqvA01s/s640/3226737628-soccer-friendly-barnet-v-arsenal-underhill-stadium.jpg

:cool:

While looking for that photo I did laugh while stumbling across this United forum.

United have agreed a fee with Cardiff City to bring talented teenager Aaron Ramsey to Old Trafford.

A club spokesperson told ManUtd.com: "Manchester United is delighted to announce it has agreed terms with Cardiff City for the transfer of Aaron Ramsey subject to contract terms being agreed and the player passing a medical."

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/7154/e1a828cab21d511f2876772gy3.jpg

Winkle van Tinkle
July 18th, 2010, 5:55 PM
He's right though; he wants to win things and is stuck at a club that isn't trying to win things. Give him a free and let him go you mean people.

Stuck, because the little cunt signed a contract until 2015/16. If he knew he werent going to stay, dont sign a new contract. Make the little cunt see it out. Bogarde that motherfucker if we have to.

Lazurus
July 18th, 2010, 5:57 PM

Christopherson
July 19th, 2010, 8:16 AM
I really, really hope Aaron Ramsey comes back as the player he was (and he was getting better). I remember a couple of years ago against Rangers in a pre season match he was litterly pissing all over Rangers. Brillant player, who I thought was going to go on to be the next Ryan Giggs for Wales (not position wise obvously) but as famous as him.

I also don't get this 30 mill from Barca shit, Fab is still young one of the top midfielders in the world, when you see the money spent on Ronaldo, Kaka and even Ibrahimamvic (sp) then I think Arsenal are well within there rights to tell Barca to go and fuck themselves for 30 million. Plus Puyols is a fanny and I believe thats official. That all said if Ramsey was to come back the player he was then I would sell Fabregas for 50 mill or if they go Ozil because that wee fucker looked the business.

Simon
July 19th, 2010, 8:21 AM
As good as Ramsey is, wouldn't Nasri be the one to take over Fabregas' role when he leaves?

Winkle van Tinkle
July 19th, 2010, 8:32 AM
Not sure how much Wenger likes him in that role to be honest. I remember him saying something last year about it.

Lazurus
July 19th, 2010, 9:04 AM
Joe Cole's signed for Liverpool.

Murphy
July 19th, 2010, 9:12 AM
Thank fuck for that.

Chris Scott
July 19th, 2010, 9:16 AM
Cole and that Wigan bloke have signed for us.

Chris Scott
July 19th, 2010, 9:17 AM
Or what Laz said.

Alf
July 19th, 2010, 9:21 AM
Is it Scharner you got?

Lazurus
July 19th, 2010, 9:30 AM
I'm not sure how good the deal for Cole is. I'd have liked him at Spurs but his wages are half again what Luka Modric gets paid and with all due respect he's no Luka Modric.

Lazurus
July 19th, 2010, 9:31 AM
It is interesting that Chelsea have, essentially, swapped Joe Cole and 7m for Yossi Benayoun.

Simon
July 19th, 2010, 9:32 AM
I'm a bit in two minds. I wanted us to sign him but mainly because I like watching him play, I don't know how much we'd need him and huge wages would have been a waste when we have Modric and Kranjcar capable of doing the same things he does.

Lazurus
July 19th, 2010, 9:39 AM
I've found a photo of Joe Cole's agent in negotiations with Liverpool.

http://hrblogatresearchvoice.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/show-me-the-money.jpg

Chris Scott
July 19th, 2010, 10:00 AM
Is it Scharner you got?

Apparently so, but I think I'm getting false info on that one.

jesus sucks
July 19th, 2010, 11:05 AM

Joe Cole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have to say i was trying to not be dissapointed when it said we'd missed out on him. tried to tell myself he wasn't that good anymore, risky deal and maybe his best form was 4 or 5 years ago but fuck me it's exciting to get himto Anfield. strange to leave London for here but we are one of the biggest clubs in then world despite what people on places like this say. and anywhere in England is hardly a bad place to live if you're a millionaire on 100 grand a week. i remember having an argument with Beefy 7 years ago saying that he was coming here and Beefy saying no chance he would ever come here and finally 7 years later he has :D hopefully we can get new owners within the next 6 months and Cole will be happy to stay the full 4 years. alot of people will say it's a free transfer but in this case it makes no difference. Chelsea would never have sold him to another rival had he been under contract so it makes no odds. the only way anyone would get him was on a Bosman.

Beefy
July 19th, 2010, 11:15 AM
ahahaha why on Earth would I have argued with you about Joe Cole going to Liverpool?

I'm not saying it didn't happen but that seems rather random.

jesus sucks
July 19th, 2010, 11:34 AM
you did dude :evilgrin:. well not an argument, you just got a bit angry told me straight we would never sign Joe Cole because you supported west ham a bit back then.

Simon
July 19th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Sure that wasn't bobster?

MMH
July 19th, 2010, 11:58 AM
I'm a bit in two minds. I wanted us to sign him but mainly because I like watching him play, I don't know how much we'd need him and huge wages would have been a waste when we have Modric and Kranjcar capable of doing the same things he does.

To add to that your better players would all want parity with Cole which would have been a nightmare.

Does make me laugh listening to Talk Sport today and some people are claiming that Joe Cole is greedy for taking the money at Liverpool ahead of Champions League football as if Spurs are now a lock for top 4 every season and Liverpool are never going to get in the top 4 again.

Simon
July 19th, 2010, 12:00 PM
We're not even in the CL yet, worth remembering.

jesus sucks
July 19th, 2010, 12:08 PM
CL should only really have been a factor for man united or if he stayed at chelsea. arsenal or spurs won't win it this season or probably ever if form's anything to go by, so really it shouldn't matter in the longterm. besides, Joe Cole is a confident bloke and will be thinking he can help get us back into the top 4 at some point in his 4 year deal.

alot of people are saying fergie didn't go in for him, which i reckon is true. i reckon we only had to beat arsenal and spurs for the signature. but only because of the Glazers. man united are done. that Ronaldo money all vanished and they're in 3 times the amount of debt we're in and aren't even up for sale like we are. they're done.

The Rosk
July 19th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Chelsea would never have sold him to another rival
And they still haven't.

Gary J
July 19th, 2010, 12:23 PM
alot of people are saying fergie didn't go in for him, which i reckon is true. i reckon we only had to beat arsenal and spurs for the signature. but only because of the Glazers. man united are done. that Ronaldo money all vanished and they're in 3 times the amount of debt we're in and aren't even up for sale like we are. they're done.

Liverpool have effectively been up for sale for a few years now and still no new owners so i don't see why you are thinking new owners will be in soon. Of course you probably know more then me on that but i've not heard news of any impending takeover.

Man utd are in the same boat and i find it laughable that a lot of their fans want the Glazers to sell to the Red Knights or whatever they are called when the Red Knights plan is to borrow 1 Billion which was leave them with a bigger debt then the 600m they currently have.

jesus sucks
July 19th, 2010, 12:24 PM
And they still haven't.

nice one. enjoy emile heskey while you're at it and i'll enjoy seeing joe cole play for us. especially when he scores the winner at Villa Park next season!!!

jesus sucks
July 19th, 2010, 12:26 PM
Liverpool have effectively been up for sale for a few years now and still no new owners so i don't see why you are thinking new owners will be in soon. Of course you probably know more then me on that but i've not heard news of any impending takeover.

we've only really been up for sale a few months in the sense we've now hired a team of people and a new chairman to sell the club. technically everything in the world is up for sale at the right price. doesn't mean it's on any kind of market though. personally i am not a spirit of shankly type and i am patently letting our board do their job and sell the club. i'm not panicking.

Mik
July 19th, 2010, 12:41 PM

Joe Cole!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have to say i was trying to not be dissapointed when it said we'd missed out on him. tried to tell myself he wasn't that good anymore, risky deal and maybe his best form was 4 or 5 years ago but fuck me it's exciting to get himto Anfield. strange to leave London for here but we are one of the biggest clubs in then world despite what people on places like this say. and anywhere in England is hardly a bad place to live if you're a millionaire on 100 grand a week. i remember having an argument with Beefy 7 years ago saying that he was coming here and Beefy saying no chance he would ever come here and finally 7 years later he has :D hopefully we can get new owners within the next 6 months and Cole will be happy to stay the full 4 years. alot of people will say it's a free transfer but in this case it makes no difference. Chelsea would never have sold him to another rival had he been under contract so it makes no odds. the only way anyone would get him was on a Bosman.

Good luck in keeping him fit.

The Rosk
July 19th, 2010, 12:43 PM
No need mate, that's what SCHARNER isa forsw,.adfl',seaf;mklse;

jesus sucks
July 19th, 2010, 12:48 PM
notice how we never actually signed Scarner or Beattie though? when i said the stories were bollocks. notice how the Gerrard affair story also wasn't true? couldn't be that the press and the Football 365 brigade such as yourself and people like Lazarus has an agenda and is milking our possible downfall? couldn't possibly be!

jesus sucks
July 19th, 2010, 12:50 PM
two words, emile heskey :lol:

....(:lol:)

Lazurus
July 19th, 2010, 12:54 PM
Who told him about my agenda?

The Rosk
July 19th, 2010, 1:02 PM
Liverpool aren't important enough anymore for anyone to have an agenda about them.

Andy
July 19th, 2010, 1:13 PM
Like someone else said a while ago, Joe Cole is the sort of player you'd quite like to sign but really aren't bothered if you don't. Good player on his day but it's a risky signing.

MMH
July 19th, 2010, 1:29 PM
We're not even in the CL yet, worth remembering.

Yeah very good point. Been there and done that myself.

Like someone else said a while ago, Joe Cole is the sort of player you'd quite like to sign but really aren't bothered if you don't. Good player on his day but it's a risky signing.

True enough. Hes not that much of a risk though really. Hes on a lot of money but if hes crap they can just sell him on and claim back the wages spent on him in transfer fees. Its a decent bit of business by Liverpool really.

BBF
July 19th, 2010, 1:32 PM
Especially when you consider they got about 6m for Benayoun.

Andy
July 19th, 2010, 1:36 PM
That's true, 6m for Benayoun is crazy money. 100k a week and a massive signing on fee is also crazy though.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 19th, 2010, 1:40 PM
it's a risky signing.

NOT ANOTHER SUMMER OF THIS!??!!?

Gary J
July 19th, 2010, 1:41 PM
How much did Liverpool pay for Benayoun when they signed him ?

BBF
July 19th, 2010, 1:43 PM
5 mil

Winkle van Tinkle
July 19th, 2010, 1:55 PM
Potentially an excellent signing for Liverpool. Although for the end part of last season he was back up for Kalou.

Could be an excellent signing. But he did say that his decision would be based on playing and in his more favoured central role. If they do decide to play him behind N'Gog up front, they are then moving a better player (Gerrard) out of his favoured position.

Personally, i don't mind. He's a good player but the last thing we need is another injury prone midfielder. Plus it would have a been a big fuck you to Wilshere.

The lad has obviously gone for financial reasons, and because he's definitely getting into the first XI which is something he wouldn't get with a CL team.

Lawson
July 19th, 2010, 2:00 PM
Especially when you consider they got about 6m for Benayoun.

It hasn't quite worked like that as the Benayoun money has been used to fund the Rafa to Hodgson switch. (Which could, of course, have been funded by Inter if our Managing Director wasn't being a prat.)

MMH's assessment on the Cole deal works for me, but I struggle to credit any of the financial gang at the club. For this good move they've also gone and sanctioned Insua's move and guaranteed that any club we now try and buy a left-back from will up the price with a Haha You've Not Got a Left-Back tariff.

They're really not very good at this.

So far as the player goes, I'm as pleased as I was when we signed Kewell. That, of course, is the worry as well. This time around, we could do with more than an excellent first two months and a good six months a few years later.

Gary J
July 19th, 2010, 2:04 PM
Get Aurelio resigned was a bit surprised he got released to be honest.

Andy
July 19th, 2010, 2:06 PM
You can have Traore for 5m + Reina if you want.

jesus sucks
July 19th, 2010, 2:09 PM
Liverpool aren't important enough anymore for anyone to have an agenda about them.

the constant stories from people like the daily mail and the metro linking us with all kinds of gash players and david moyes for our new manager. and the Gerrard scandal rumours which everyone round the country took great pleasure from but simply weren't true says otherwise though. not saying we're the only club, and people like ashley cole get even worse from the media and general public than we do. but there's clearly an agenda of people who are desperate for us to go down the pan or are making up daft transfer targets to wind up our fans.

jesus sucks
July 19th, 2010, 2:15 PM
It hasn't quite worked like that as the Benayoun money has been used to fund the Rafa to Hodgson switch. (Which could, of course, have been funded by Inter if our Managing Director wasn't being a prat.)

oh shut the f up. suppose they told you that personally did they. regurgitating the latest spirit of shankly newsletter by any chance?

Winkle van Tinkle
July 19th, 2010, 2:21 PM
the constant stories from people like the daily mail and the metro linking us with all kinds of gash players and david moyes for our new manager. and the Gerrard scandal rumours which everyone round the country took great pleasure from but simply weren't true says otherwise though. not saying we're the only club, and people like ashley cole get even worse from the media and general public than we do. but there's clearly an agenda of people who are desperate for us to go down the pan or are making up daft transfer targets to wind up our fans.

You can't say they are made up transfer targets. OR I SUPPOSE ROY TOLD YOU HIMSELF PERSONALLY DID HE?!

Winkle van Tinkle
July 19th, 2010, 2:29 PM
Bloody Daily Mail making up stuff and fuelling the rumour that Scharner is a Liverpool target.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/scharner-hoping-to-make-reds-move

YOUR OFFICIAL WEBSITE!!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/06/05/article-1024523-03BD2A780000044D-839_233x374.jpg

Chris Scott
July 19th, 2010, 2:32 PM
This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.

Nah it's not, it's our site doing a media watch.

Beefy
July 19th, 2010, 2:35 PM
A couple of people on the last page mentioned Joe Cole being injury-prone. Is he? He did his cruciate at Roots Hall but I don't recall too many other serious injuries at Chelsea or West Ham.

jesus sucks
July 19th, 2010, 2:37 PM
you are an idiot steve c'bunts becuase that's our unbiased 'media watch' section. it says it in big letters and has about 10 newspaper logos on the page and a massive disclaimer in bold. ask beefy to delete your post so you can save a bit of face mate. i know you're annoyed joe cole turned down arsenal and signed for your most hated team but hey that's life.

Bluemoon
July 19th, 2010, 2:40 PM
Bloody Daily Mail making up stuff and fuelling the rumour that Scharner is a Liverpool target.

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/scharner-hoping-to-make-reds-move

YOUR OFFICIAL WEBSITE!!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/06/05/article-1024523-03BD2A780000044D-839_233x374.jpg

Nah it's not, it's our site doing a media watch.

Ahahahahaha

jesus sucks
July 19th, 2010, 2:42 PM
the hilarious thing is steve c'bunt only hates liverpool so much because i support them :lol:. if not for me he wouldn't be arsed.

Bluemoon
July 19th, 2010, 2:48 PM
With Cole turning Arsenal down, he probably wants to eat you alive.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 19th, 2010, 2:50 PM
Not like a Liverpool fan to overstate his importance :\

That in a nutshell is why the majority of people dislike Liverpool. You've been a poor team for the past 15+ years. Been overtaken by United, Chelsea, Arsenal and now City. You're team is a shambles, and the club is run like a shambles. But you still have this ridiculous belief that your club and team is the envy of the world.

I don't hate Liverpool, far from it, they amuse me. It how you felt when Newcastle were going down the toilet. Only this time, it's your mob.

Bluemoon
July 19th, 2010, 2:51 PM
Yids, with Cole also turning you down will you step up the chase for Bellamy.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 19th, 2010, 2:54 PM
With Cole turning Arsenal down, he probably wants to eat you alive.

:\

I said a few weeks ago that I wouldn't really be fussed if we didnt get Cole. There's an upside and a downside to the lad. He's gone to a team that will pay him shitloads, and where he's guaranteed a starting spot.

Ancelotti clearly didnt want him, Ferguson had no interest (despite Scholes and Giggs entering their probable final season), his old manager Mourinho didnt think twice about him, and as far as i'm aware Wenger didnt mention him once. The only manager that really expressed his interest was Redknapp.

Bluemoon
July 19th, 2010, 2:58 PM
Maybe that's what Cole needs to play every game for him to reach his full potential, personally I think he's a great signing.

MMH
July 19th, 2010, 3:08 PM
Leave Paul Scharner alone. He will do a decent job for Liverpool.

Bad hair though.

BBF
July 19th, 2010, 3:11 PM
I don't know why everyone is laughing so hard at Scharner either.

He'll do a job. Solid dependable and flexible. Sounds like exactly what Liverpool need at the moment

jesus sucks
July 19th, 2010, 3:18 PM
you see the thing about all this is, we haven't signed paul scharner.

Ringo
July 19th, 2010, 3:20 PM
No, but maybe you should do.

jesus sucks
July 19th, 2010, 3:21 PM
:\

I said a few weeks ago that I wouldn't really be fussed if we didnt get Cole. There's an upside and a downside to the lad. He's gone to a team that will pay him shitloads, and where he's guaranteed a starting spot.

and he'd have been guaranteed a starting spot in your shower too that's for sure :yes: who's there now, rosicky? eboue? bentner? not like it's 6 years ago and you were probably the 2nd best squad in europe. now you're just another team.

The Rosk
July 19th, 2010, 3:34 PM
Tim, most people dislike Liverpool because of the fans. You have even said yourself most Liverpool fans are scumbags.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 19th, 2010, 3:46 PM
and he'd have been guaranteed a starting spot in your shower too that's for sure :yes: who's there now, rosicky? eboue? bentner? not like it's 6 years ago and you were probably the 2nd best squad in europe. now you're just another team.

The 3rd best team in the country, as opposed to the 7th.....

1_Pablo_Angel
July 19th, 2010, 3:57 PM
I really, really hope Aaron Ramsey comes back as the player he was (and he was getting better). I remember a couple of years ago against Rangers in a pre season match he was litterly pissing all over Rangers. Brillant player, who I thought was going to go on to be the next Ryan Giggs for Wales (not position wise obvously) but as famous as him.

He scored possibly the best individual goal I've ever seen live for Wales U-21s at Villa Park. Ridiculous volley.

jesus sucks
July 19th, 2010, 3:57 PM
and the year before we we the 2nd placed team and you were the 4th. so what.

MMH
July 19th, 2010, 4:02 PM
you see the thing about all this is, we haven't signed paul scharner.

Yeah I know.

You could definately do a lot worse though as a squad player. He's been linked with us for ages but I dont think we need someone who does what he does right now.

jesus sucks
July 19th, 2010, 4:02 PM
Tim, most people dislike Liverpool because of the fans. You have even said yourself most Liverpool fans are scumbags.

he's a very predictable man. i question how much interest he took in Liverpool before i returned to the forum. had a quick look through a few threads down the years when i rejoined to see what i had missed and he was posting alot but never really mentioned us, even when we had a bad result or when Torres and co twatted arsenal 5-3 in the champions league quarter final a couple of years ago.

1_Pablo_Angel
July 19th, 2010, 4:11 PM
Yeah I know.

You could definately do a lot worse though as a squad player. He's been linked with us for ages but I dont think we need someone who does what he does right now.

We always get linked with him too. Apparently we almost signed him 2 years ago (I think) but he changed his mind at the last minute because MON wanted him as centre back cover and he wanted to play centre midfield regularly.

Glen
July 19th, 2010, 4:46 PM
It is interesting that Chelsea have, essentially, swapped Joe Cole and 7m for Yossi Benayoun.

This was my thinking too. Hmmm. Funny business.

Does this this mean that Liverpool might be playing a bit of a Christmas tree with Gerrard and Cole, when fit, will play behind Torres, when fit?

Lazurus
July 19th, 2010, 5:03 PM
Spurs have banned vuvuzelas from White Hart Lane.

:D

Winkle van Tinkle
July 19th, 2010, 5:08 PM
http://forums.rajah.com/images/plastic/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://forums.rajah.com/showthread.php?p=6415465#post6415465) It is interesting that Chelsea have, essentially, swapped Joe Cole and 7m for Yossi Benayoun.

Stats for the last 3 years.

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af94/tombirkert/37513_417715467556_175449817556_451.jpg

Ringo
July 19th, 2010, 5:17 PM
This was my thinking too. Hmmm. Funny business.

With Benayoun on a rumoured 70,000 a week we'll save at least 4.5m over the next three years on wages though. Also the fee is probably closer to 5.5m. I think we're doing all we can to save money on wages even if we're spending elsewhere, because over the last few years we've thrown money at people and given it very little thought. That just isn't a viable way of doing things in the long term and we've finally made a stand - against both Cole and Ballack. A strict and reasonable wage structure is going to be essential to our financial well-being in the future.

And as much as I love Joe Cole, he wants to be starting every game at this point in his career, but a combination of injuries, his inconsistent form and other players' superior form means that just can't happen. Benayoun will want to play as much as possible too of course, but he probably knows he won't be a first teamer. It's not as simple as "Joe Cole vs. Benayoun: who is better?!" or even "who is cheaper?!", because there are other factors to consider.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 19th, 2010, 5:32 PM
Joe Cole has a lot to prove this year. Capello clearly wasn't too sure on him, and so he has to be playing consistently to catch his eye. At Chelsea he won't get this.

Benayoun won't grumble about being on the bench, will cost less money, has shown for Liverpool how effective he can be as an impact player, and historically has a great fitness record.

Chris Scott
July 19th, 2010, 6:24 PM

Yeah but his opinions are sometimes way of the record when it comes to him slagging the city and it's people.

You know I hate quite a few Mancs but I don't hate the City because off it.

Bluemoon
July 19th, 2010, 6:30 PM
Doesn't he live in a very poor part though? Like our version of Moss Side, he probably never been outside his area :D

Anyway I've said it before JS is a closet man ure fan the way he rips the City.

radon
July 19th, 2010, 6:30 PM
Could be an excellent signing. But he did say that his decision would be based on playing and in his more favoured central role. If they do decide to play him behind N'Gog up front, they are then moving a better player (Gerrard) out of his favoured position.

Im hoping if we keep Mascherano and Torres - Torres can be up front on his own with Cole AND Gerrard behind him, with Mascherano anchoring the midfield. Then have two wingers. Boom.

MMH
July 19th, 2010, 6:50 PM
Im hoping if we keep Mascherano and Torres - Torres can be up front on his own with Cole AND Gerrard behind him, with Mascherano anchoring the midfield. Then have two wingers. Boom.

Why would you want to keep Mascherano?

His conduct this summer his been disgraceful. Fuck the monkey gobbed cunt off and replace him with a similar player for 6M.

Ringo
July 19th, 2010, 6:51 PM
Liverpool should sign ANTHONY ANNAN. Could probably get him for a few pennies and he looks a class act.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 19th, 2010, 7:02 PM
Why would you want to keep Mascherano?

His conduct this summer his been disgraceful. Fuck the monkey gobbed cunt off and replace him with a similar player for 6M.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_vvMUg8mhXp4/Ss2kmisdcmI/AAAAAAAAB34/zRhjDRMsEX4/s400/scharner.jpg

radon
July 19th, 2010, 9:16 PM
Who can we get for 6m that does a similar job?

Actually, how much is Danny Murphy these days? Ha.

1_Pablo_Angel
July 20th, 2010, 2:30 AM
Nigel Reo Coker.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 20th, 2010, 2:34 AM
Nigel Quashie

MMH
July 20th, 2010, 3:35 AM
Who can we get for 6m that does a similar job?

Actually, how much is Danny Murphy these days? Ha.

John Heitinga cost us 6M last season as an example.

Hes a midfield destroyer. As good as he is at that role they are ten a penny.

Simon
July 20th, 2010, 3:55 AM
Liverpool should sign ANTHONY ANNAN. Could probably get him for a few pennies and he looks a class act.

I would have thought he would cost a fair bit now. A solid World Cup and he's not been in Europe long (a year?), I doubt Rosenborg could hold on to him but they'd surely be able to get a decent fee, particularly if there were a couple of clubs interested.

Gary J
July 20th, 2010, 4:25 AM
Just because a player has had a decent world cup doesn't mean his price will shoot up. Eduardo had a very good world cup for Portugal and Braga sold him for 4m.

Annan is looking likely to be on his way to Bologna so i wouldn't have thouight his price would be that high since Bologna are hardly big spenders.

Andy
July 20th, 2010, 5:05 AM
Mascherano is a class player, you couldn't replace him for 6m. His distribution and passing range was absolutely excellent last season, ball retention too. He was effectively playing as the 1 in a 4-1-5 for Argentina at the World Cup and was still able to do his job of breaking up play and moving the ball on. I don't think there's many better in the world in his position.

MMH
July 20th, 2010, 5:20 AM
Mascherano is a class player, you couldn't replace him for 6m. His distribution and passing range was absolutely excellent last season, ball retention too. He was effectively playing as the 1 in a 4-1-5 for Argentina at the World Cup and was still able to do his job of breaking up play and moving the ball on. I don't think there's many better in the world in his position.

I didnt say there was.

His role though isnt a 30M role though. Im just using Heitinga as an example because obviously I know him but his distribution is great too, Scott Parker similarly as well. Those two are 6M pound players. As good as Mascherano is at that role is he five times the player compared to either of those two? Surely not.

Basically what i am saying it you can get a similar player for 6M and have 24M left.

jesus sucks
July 20th, 2010, 5:29 AM
the problem with all these 6m players is that they're plodders. even if they're as good a footballer as Mascherano or slightly better even, they aren't as athletic or as pacey as him which is why he's so good and i hope any deal falls through for another season.

incidently The Metro are at it again today. another snide article about us. no reporter's name to it or quotes, just a snide little article about how Joe Cole only came for the money written in a very biased and bitter tone. that's not what newspapers are meant to be.

The Rosk
July 20th, 2010, 5:37 AM
ASHLEY Young has given Villa boss Martin O’Neill a pre-season boost by revealing he is eager to sign a new contract with the club.

The former Watford winger, who has two years left on his current deal, has been linked with a big-money move to Liverpool this summer.

But Young insists he would be interested in extending his time at Villa even further if his representatives can agree terms.

Young is already one of the club’s best-paid players, but Villa are anxious to reward him more to avoid a repeat of Manchester City’s pursuit of James Milner.

Asked about reports that he is negotiating a bumper new deal at Villa Park, Young, who joined Villa for 9 million-plus in January 2007, replied: “You know more than me!

“Of course, if it comes about I’m more than happy to stay at the club.
“I’m delighted with how things have gone.

“I’ve enjoyed my time here, I’ve learned a lot since I’ve come in and I’ve got a lot more to learn.”

Young kick-started his pre-season campaign with a wonder goal to open the scoring in last night’s 3-2 victory over Peterborough at London Road.

And the 25-year-old admits that the preparations are vital as the claret and blues try to eclipse last season’s achievements.

“We’ve got lots of pre-season games to go,” said Young, who played in a more advanced attacking role alongside John Carew.

“It’s always nice when you’re coming up to the last two weeks of your holidays that you start thinking about the season.

“Everybody just wants to get back into it. Pre-season’s always tough but as long as you get your fitness up and keep on working then you get your rewards.

“The boys are getting their fitness there and it showed here, we’re trying to feel our way into it and we’ll be looking forward to the start of the season.

“Of course we always set ourselves targets at the start of the season.

“We always look to do better than we did last season. We’re going to sit down before the season and hopefully, fingers crossed, we’ll do that.

“We did a lot last season and it was a great season for us, obviously it’s going to be tough.

“But things don’t come easy in life, there are always obstacles in the way and you just have to get through it.”

Despite last season’s disappointments in missing out on the Carling Cup, FA Cup and a top-four place at an advanced stage, Young insists Villa’s team spirit is stronger than ever.

“I think we’ve got a lot of motivation within the camp,” he added.

“If you look at the boys’ team spirit, from the players and the management staff, everyone’s pulling in the same direction.

“As long as we’ve got that off the pitch we can take that on to the pitch and look forward to a good season.

“All last season we had the team spirit and look how far it got us.”

Good lad Ashley. Him committing to the club is huge for us. He's arguably the most talented player we have when on form.

MMH
July 20th, 2010, 5:44 AM
the problem with all these 6m players is that they're plodders. even if they're as good a footballer as Mascherano or slightly better even, they aren't as athletic or as pacey as him which is why he's so good and i hope any deal falls through for another season.

incidently The Metro are at it again today. another snide article about us. no reporter's name to it or quotes, just a snide little article about how Joe Cole only came for the money written in a very biased and bitter tone. that's not what newspapers are meant to be.

Not all of them are though. Take Annan as an example seeing as he has been mentioned. He could probably be got for like 4M and 26M to spare and the drop off in talent wouldnt be that great. Certainly not 26m worth.

He is very good of course but do you really want him back for another year? His conduct this summer regarding your club has been an absolute disgrace. Regardless of how good he has players like that should be fucked off straight away the cheeky fucker.

Cole going for the money is ridiculous. He wanted money anywhere he went. So do all players. Its not like he has gone and signed for Blackpool on 90K a week he has signed for Liverpool who are still a massive club even if they have fallen on hard times. What other options did Cole have anyway?

All newspapers are like that. The Metro though dont charge you for their paper so I think its fair enough that they say what they want. Does anyone actually care what they say anyway?

Winkle van Tinkle
July 20th, 2010, 8:11 AM

youre totally right. if only more papers had the honesty and integrity of the liverpool echo.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/07/20/steven-gerrard-to-stay-at-liverpool-fc-100252-26890834/

"Gerrard, who has been at Anfield since he was eight years old and has never in recent seasons expressed any desire to leave despite the speculation this summer, added: "I've told him what a great club this is and I'm sure Joe's the sort of exciting talent our fans will love to see. I made it clear that I simply needed to concentrate on the World Cup and then have a decent holidaty with my family."

MMH
July 20th, 2010, 8:25 AM
The Echo is an awful newspaper.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 20th, 2010, 8:32 AM
To be honest, and i'm not digging out Liverpool, but him saying he wants to stay is akin to Andy Cole retiring from England. No-one wants him. Thats the reason he is staying. Liverpool have put a ridiculous fee on his head.

A 30 year old who hasn't played well in a year for 20m+. Who in their right mind would want him over someone like Ozil?

MMH
July 20th, 2010, 8:35 AM
Oh yeah its like when "Nando" came out saying that "Stevie G" pulled him to one side and told him we dont dive at Liverpool Football Club.

Why do Liverpool fans always seem to put the Football Club think at the end too?

jesus sucks
July 20th, 2010, 8:36 AM
not this old record again. write some new material Bunt.

Winkle van Tinkle
July 20th, 2010, 8:45 AM
Oh yeah its like when "Nando" came out saying that "Stevie G" pulled him to one side and told him we dont dive at Liverpool Football Club.

Why do Liverpool fans always seem to put the Football Club think at the end too?

because they're cunts

Simon
July 20th, 2010, 8:47 AM
That's not just a Liverpool thing at all. 90% of interviews with players and most commonly managers/directors have the "football club" bit at the end. "At the end of the day my priority is Bolton Wanderers Football Club". As opposed to the Bolton Wanderers Bolts and Wands shop?

MMH
July 20th, 2010, 8:58 AM
That's not just a Liverpool thing at all. 90% of interviews with players and most commonly managers/directors have the "football club" bit at the end. "At the end of the day my priority is Bolton Wanderers Football Club". As opposed to the Bolton Wanderers Bolts and Wands shop?

Im talking about the fans not the staff. Maybe im just noticing it more as they have been in the news lately.

Beefy
July 20th, 2010, 9:00 AM
I've actually caught that off of Steve Tilson who I don't think once refered to 'Southend United' in six years of interviews. He'd just say things like "It's been a good day for the Football Club" or "we're trying to bring him into the Football Club". I catch myself doing it now.

Chris Scott
July 20th, 2010, 9:25 AM
The Echo is an awful newspaper.

What the paper as a whole or just the sports bit?

Personally I think it's good.

BBF
July 20th, 2010, 9:27 AM
youre totally right. if only more papers had the honesty and integrity of the liverpool echo.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2010/07/20/steven-gerrard-to-stay-at-liverpool-fc-100252-26890834/

"Gerrard, who has been at Anfield since he was eight years old and has never in recent seasons expressed any desire to leave despite the speculation this summer, added: "I've told him what a great club this is and I'm sure Joe's the sort of exciting talent our fans will love to see. I made it clear that I simply needed to concentrate on the World Cup and then have a decent holidaty with my family."

Winkle you fucking beautiful cunt. Did you add that 't' in holiday or is this paper really that shit?

turdpower
July 20th, 2010, 9:30 AM
Click the link.

BBF
July 20th, 2010, 9:33 AM
You fucking click the link you cunt.

turdpower
July 20th, 2010, 9:54 AM
I did.

BBF
July 20th, 2010, 9:55 AM
So did I.

Good work.

MMH
July 20th, 2010, 10:15 AM
What the paper as a whole or just the sports bit?

Personally I think it's good.

All of it. Professional scouser paper where nobody from here can ever do anything wrong.

It was good once. Nowadays its awful.

Bluemoon
July 20th, 2010, 10:28 AM
Isn't any local paper for any City from any Country like that?

Beefy
July 20th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Isn't any local paper for any City from any Country like that?

Nah. The Southend Echo is full of stories about how many scumbags we've got living there and how everything there is shit.

Simon
July 20th, 2010, 10:44 AM
The local Harrow paper is pretty much just a list of names of people that have recently been stabbed, it looks like one of those Remembrance monuments.