PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

turdpower
January 28th, 2012, 6:48 AM
Stylian Petrol

Heidar Cup-Holderson

The Rosk
January 28th, 2012, 7:39 AM
Fernindica Torres.

RFF Champ
January 28th, 2012, 3:27 PM
Hustzi to West Brom has fallen through because he's got an injury.

Bad Collin
January 28th, 2012, 3:43 PM
Wrong thread Alex.

Andy BOOTh

Jay
January 28th, 2012, 3:47 PM
Juan Sebastian Veyron

MMH
January 28th, 2012, 3:54 PM
Rod Fannibelt

Grimario
January 28th, 2012, 3:55 PM
Mercedes Benzema

Andy
January 28th, 2012, 4:15 PM
RiCARdo CAR VANho

Andres Fiesta

Reliant Robin Van Persie

Tomas RosiKEYS

turdpower
January 28th, 2012, 5:03 PM
Fuel Fox

Alex Glove box-lade Chamberlain.

Beefy
January 28th, 2012, 5:13 PM
Citreon Atkinson.

MMH
January 28th, 2012, 5:20 PM
Maiconvertable

wardy
January 28th, 2012, 9:07 PM
Alexus Macinquecento

Bad Collin
January 28th, 2012, 9:18 PM
Emmanuel GRANADAbayor

Ringo
January 28th, 2012, 9:33 PM
Heidar Cup-Holderson

Alex Glove box-lade Chamberlain.

Unbelievable work here especially.

FFS

Simon
January 29th, 2012, 11:07 AM
Horrificcarcrashfifteendeadzinho. Plays in the Betis B team.

turdpower
January 29th, 2012, 2:14 PM
Apparently Liverpool offered City Carroll for Tevez.

Windscreen Washer Fluid Suarez.

Lagom
January 29th, 2012, 2:36 PM
Aerial Ortega

SheltonLondon
January 29th, 2012, 3:04 PM
Richard Keys

Hlebsfall
January 29th, 2012, 3:31 PM
Alloys McCoist.

Andy
January 29th, 2012, 6:47 PM
Calliper Mertesacker

Simon
January 30th, 2012, 5:20 AM
Jay Steering Wheel been done yet?

son_of_foley
January 30th, 2012, 6:05 AM
We have signed Tom Car-roll on loan for the rest of the season.

Seems a bit lightweight but hey

Simon
January 30th, 2012, 6:15 AM
Let us know how he gets on sof, he's a really classy player but I'd be worried if he's tough enough for the Championship. At the moment he's one of the only real hopes for the future in our reserves along with Caulker.

Rip
January 30th, 2012, 6:30 AM
Ba/Carroll swap getting a few more mentions on the rumor sites now, being honest having just brought in Ba II I'd take that, can't see Demba being here next season and we'd need a new striker anyway to replace him so :dunno:

Simon
January 30th, 2012, 6:48 AM
Seems like Liverpool are desperate to cut their losses on him already, odd decision if you ask me I don't think he's been playing badly recently.

Alf
January 30th, 2012, 8:09 AM
I'd take him at Spurs. He's just not had much fun in Liverpool. They always seem to sign strikers who hit a rough patch as soon as they arrive don't they? Didn't crouch take forever to score? I think Keane did too.

Chris Scott
January 30th, 2012, 8:53 AM
Yeah it's all bollocks the Carroll stuff, obviously what do you expect with 2 days left.

Simon
January 30th, 2012, 12:07 PM
Corluka's gone to Leverkusen on loan and supposedly we have bid £17m for that kid Damiao from Inter in Brazil.

MMH
January 30th, 2012, 4:26 PM
Everton have agreed a fee of 500k for AEK's Kostas Manolos.

But the deal wont be completed as we are waiting to see how much Rangers want for Jelavic.

Joke club. Its 500K for fucks sake. He looks like he has bags of potential.

Simon
January 30th, 2012, 4:36 PM
Poor old Everton. I really like your club and it's depressing to see you haggling for scraps like that. I know that sounds very patronising but it genuinely does upset me a very tiny bit.

turdpower
January 30th, 2012, 4:37 PM
Jack the Wheelshire.

Ringo
January 30th, 2012, 4:40 PM
De Bruyne had his medical today. £6.7m. Loaned straight back to Genk. Not sure about him really. Has obvious talent but needs to improve certain key aspects of his game from what I've seen.

Still, Chelsea's secret plan to piece together the 2018 Belgian national team is now in full swing. Three signed already, and clear interest in a fourth!

Simon
January 30th, 2012, 4:46 PM
I've been surprised at how little action Lukaku has got so far for you lot.

Belgium have a really class team coming through at the moment - Hazard, Courtois, Kompany, Vermaelen, Vertonghen, Witsel, Defour, Lukaku, De Bruyne, Fellaini, Chadli, Alderweireld, Dembele. That's a really strong core of players in their teens and early twenties, but apparently they all hate each other and the team is no better than usual, like the Dutch a while back.

I'd love to see them get their act together and develop into a team that could compete for major honours - if Courtois is as good as he is hyped to be then that is more or less a full-strength first eleven that could give any team a decent game. Maybe missing some quality full backs but otherwise.

Ringo
January 30th, 2012, 4:51 PM
Not sure about Lukaku either. The fact that he featured a bit when first signed before dropping out almost completely (played several times for the reserves) was a bit odd/worrying.

He's just... SO FUCKING BIG. Comparisons to Bebe on Twitter were distressing to read.

Courtois is class though. Has made a couple of mistakes, but Atletico's defence is so shit that he's been bombarded all season and done remarkably well. Made some amazing saves in every Atletico game I've watched.

MMH
January 30th, 2012, 5:05 PM
Poor old Everton. I really like your club and it's depressing to see you haggling for scraps like that. I know that sounds very patronising but it genuinely does upset me a very tiny bit.

Nah it is highly annoying.

It hit a lot of fans recently when we played your lot. For a couple of seasons our two clubs were the best of the rest and just look at what a little bit of investment does. You lot have pushed on and look like genuine contenders whereas we look like relegation fodder.

The most annoying part is that we didnt need massive investment to push on, just enough to keep things fresh.

El Capitano Gatisto
January 30th, 2012, 5:12 PM
Lukaku is 18, it seems a bit unfair to expect too much of him. Possibly he would have been better off staying in Belgium to get a bit of football for a couple of more years before moving on, rather than to a club where Drogba still rules the roost and there's a big onus to try to work Torres in to the side. Lukaku looks like he should be good, big, strong, very quick.

turdpower
January 30th, 2012, 5:17 PM
Perhaps Chelsea assumed that a player that costs 18m might offer something for the first team. That seems a hell of a lot for just potential.

El Capitano Gatisto
January 30th, 2012, 5:25 PM
I think £18 million is what his fee could rise to based on performances, which seems fair. He has shown enough potential being a first team regular goalscorer from aged 16, even if it was in the Belgian league. I don't think it's fair to expect any 18 - 21 year old to adjust immediately to a new league, in a new country, after only a couple of years of first team football. The fee has no bearing on that really.

turdpower
January 30th, 2012, 5:38 PM
It was more clarifying Ringo saying he started in a few games and then basically just stopped featuring.

Simon
January 30th, 2012, 6:36 PM
Nah it is highly annoying.

It hit a lot of fans recently when we played your lot. For a couple of seasons our two clubs were the best of the rest and just look at what a little bit of investment does. You lot have pushed on and look like genuine contenders whereas we look like relegation fodder.

The most annoying part is that we didnt need massive investment to push on, just enough to keep things fresh.

I always look back at the Villarreal tie as the point where you got fucked. I know you stayed solid for a while after that but the writing was on the wall a bit, if you'd qualified for the CL proper you would have been a much more attractive investment opportunity.

RFF Champ
January 31st, 2012, 4:19 AM
Everton have had a quiet couple of years but they haven't had it that bad. They've been to an FA Cup final, had several big money signings in the past 5 years, have a committed squad and manager, exciting youngsters, and European campaigns.

RFF Champ
January 31st, 2012, 4:26 AM
Wayne Bridge to Sunderland on loan. Seems like a no-brainer really, I'm surprised none of the other middling teams went for him.

MMH
January 31st, 2012, 4:32 AM
Everton have had a quiet couple of years but they haven't had it that bad. They've been to an FA Cup final, had several big money signings in the past 5 years, have a committed squad and manager, exciting youngsters, and European campaigns.

We have been to an FA Cup final? Big deal we lost it! We aint Barnet or someone merely getting to a final means nothing.

We didnt sign anyone for 3 seasons and our big money signings (which aint really that big money wise) came from selling our best players.

Our squad cant be arsed by the looks of it and our manager has turned into a complete knob who shits over any glimmer of hope we have.

Our European campaigns have been hugely embarrasing. We lost 5-1 to Dynamo Bucharest.

Other than that you are right though!

Actually it could be worse but the past couple of years have been horrendously boring.

RFF Champ
January 31st, 2012, 4:46 AM
What do you expect though? You haven't a right to win an FA Cup final and qualify for the Champions League every year. Of course getting to an FA Cup final is a big deal, there are loads of teams in the league now whose seasons are effectively over because they're out the cup and in mid-table, the prospect of a cup final is always exciting. If you can't get excited over that then what's the point?

Like I say, I appreciate there have been a couple of baron years but the idea that Everton fans have had long term strife is absurd. They had as many big money signings as anyone else for years. There's another one coming in today.

MMH
January 31st, 2012, 5:12 AM
What do you expect though? You haven't a right to win an FA Cup final and qualify for the Champions League every year. Of course getting to an FA Cup final is a big deal, there are loads of teams in the league now whose seasons are effectively over because they're out the cup and in mid-table, the prospect of a cup final is always exciting. If you can't get excited over that then what's the point?

Like I say, I appreciate there have been a couple of baron years but the idea that Everton fans have had long term strife is absurd. They had as many big money signings as anyone else for years. There's another one coming in today.

We didnt win the final so its irrelevent. Yay we went to wembley! So what? We didnt win infact we blew the final and havnt recovered since.

Im not saying we have a right to win the cup or indeed anything but I'm sorry i dont get excited about going to finals and not winning. We have done it more than enough already. Its good at the time but losing is harrowing.

We havnt had as many big money singings as anyone. Where are you getting this from? We didnt sign ANYONE for money for 3 years. We have to sell every time to buy someone. We have made 25M from sales this season alone. We have spent a grand total of 500K on Darron Gibson.

We are only able to sign Jelavic because Rangers owe us money for a Michael Ball transfer from ten years ago!

RFF Champ
January 31st, 2012, 5:27 AM
I think you've lost the plot, of course getting to a final is exciting. Not only the joy of the cup run but also the day itself. Losing is crap but I'd give 2 years of top half finishes, stable squads and not signing anyone for a day out at Wembley and a run to a final.

I don't know why you're denying that you've spent money even if it was recouped fees that funded them. Fellaini, Yak, Heitinga, Bily, Distin didn't all come for free and to play for a half time orange and their bus fare.

I think you've had it more difficult than other clubs that moan about how hard done by they are but you've not been losing loads of games, under threat from relegation or gone years without any notable games or achievements.

RFF Champ
January 31st, 2012, 5:31 AM
West Brom have agreed a fee for Liam Ridgewell rumoured to be around £2mil. Surprised we haven't made more of an effort for him at that price.

JIJ
January 31st, 2012, 6:05 AM
Everton are fine for fuck sake

SheltonLondon
January 31st, 2012, 6:18 AM
I think you've lost the plot, of course getting to a final is exciting. Not only the joy of the cup run but also the day itself. Losing is crap but I'd give 2 years of top half finishes, stable squads and not signing anyone for a day out at Wembley and a run to a final.

I don't know why you're denying that you've spent money even if it was recouped fees that funded them. Fellaini, Yak, Heitinga, Bily, Distin didn't all come for free and to play for a half time orange and their bus fare.

I think you've had it more difficult than other clubs that moan about how hard done by they are but you've not been losing loads of games, under threat from relegation or gone years without any notable games or achievements.

All of that can be put down to Moyes overachieving with what we've had. For a club of our size, with the income that we generate, including the amount of money generated from player sales we have had literally no investment. Jelavic is looking like being the first cash signing we've had in years, for a Premiership team I'd say that is pretty appalling. It's a fluid game and if you don't invest you will fall behind, it just so happens that many of our key players from years gone by are now getting to the latter part of their careers, which is showing in their (and our) flagging performances.

I'd say the situation is pretty dire, we're in a position now where we need to spend to replace these players. However, we are also in a position where we have to sell some of our better players to service our debts. We have a chairman who doesn't have a pot to piss in, we are one of the biggest clubs in English football, Moyes can only go so far with no money. We may not have been involved in the relegation dogfights that you speak of but without investment those times won't be far away. I'm still in shock that we're actually paying to sign someone today, murmurs of Vellios moving the opposite way on loan until the end of the season, and also that we're getting a good price on him because of money owed to us from the Michael Ball transfer about ten years ago!

This Manolos lad from Greece is also supposed to be coming in for a fee of around 500k, which we're not even sure we can afford. I don't see how that is not the sign of a Premiership club in a dire situation.

Rip
January 31st, 2012, 6:23 AM
West Brom have agreed a fee for Liam Ridgewell rumoured to be around £2mil. Surprised we haven't made more of an effort for him at that price.

Wouldn't be shocked to see a late attempt if our 'final' offer for Mariappa gets turned down this morning.

FC Twente’s Douglas and Ajax’s Jan Vertonghen are supposed to be targets for the summer so we could be pretty quiet today, can't see us paying more than £2-3m if we're in discussion already for two targets in the summer considering we've already spent £9m.

Just hoping for no-one out (apart from Peter the Dane to Birmingham)

RFF Champ
January 31st, 2012, 6:31 AM
A defender would be nice but I'm over the moon with our business. The good Cisse in and no one out which I hope will stay the same.

I think Ridgewell will go to West Brom because he won't have to move or anything.

RFF Champ
January 31st, 2012, 6:37 AM
All of that can be put down to Moyes overachieving with what we've had. For a club of our size, with the income that we generate, including the amount of money generated from player sales we have had literally no investment. Jelavic is looking like being the first cash signing we've had in years, for a Premiership team I'd say that is pretty appalling. It's a fluid game and if you don't invest you will fall behind, it just so happens that many of our key players from years gone by are now getting to the latter part of their careers, which is showing in their (and our) flagging performances.

I'd say the situation is pretty dire, we're in a position now where we need to spend to replace these players. However, we are also in a position where we have to sell some of our better players to service our debts. We have a chairman who doesn't have a pot to piss in, we are one of the biggest clubs in English football, Moyes can only go so far with no money. We may not have been involved in the relegation dogfights that you speak of but without investment those times won't be far away. I'm still in shock that we're actually paying to sign someone today, murmurs of Vellios moving the opposite way on loan until the end of the season, and also that we're getting a good price on him because of money owed to us from the Michael Ball transfer about ten years ago!

This Manolos lad from Greece is also supposed to be coming in for a fee of around 500k, which we're not even sure we can afford. I don't see how that is not the sign of a Premiership club in a dire situation.

There are probably 10 clubs of similar size and stature as Everton so by that argument you're achieving par.

I don't see how over-achieving can be used as a stick to beat the club with. They've invested a substantial amount of money and used it to ensure stability.

I don't want to speculate about the future but my instinct is that Everton will be fine.

Simon
January 31st, 2012, 6:41 AM
West Ham trying to sign Morrison, Vaz Te and Maynard today. They already have Carew, Cole, Hines, Sears, Stanislas, Piquionne and Nouble, how many attacking players do they need?!

Rip
January 31st, 2012, 6:43 AM
A defender would be nice but I'm over the moon with our business. The good Cisse in and no one out which I hope will stay the same.

I think Ridgewell will go to West Brom because he won't have to move or anything.

:yes:

Still wouldn't be suprised if we get Mariappa but Pards pretty much said as far as he knows there won't be any major in or out business 'unless someone does something silly'

Rip
January 31st, 2012, 6:47 AM
West Ham trying to sign Morrison, Vaz Te and Maynard today. They already have Carew, Cole, Hines, Sears, Stanislas, Piquionne and Nouble, how many attacking players do they need?!

Why aren't West Ham further ahead in the league, anyone seen them play because with their squad I was expecting them to be almost 10/12 points up and scoring for fun.

Beefy
January 31st, 2012, 6:49 AM
West Ham have all those players (although not Stanislas as they sold him last summer) yet their main attacking weapon seems to be Mark Noble penalties.

RFF Champ
January 31st, 2012, 6:51 AM
Hines went to Burnley in the summer too.

Piquionne has been crap and I don't think Carew is playing much.

Simon
January 31st, 2012, 6:51 AM
Allardyce probably. Nine strikers and while I've not seen much of them this season they almost certainly play Cole up front on his own with Nolan supporting.

Mariappa is from my neck of the woods, I've met him a couple of times through mutual friends and he's quite a nice lad, very normal. Didn't realise he was so highly-rated now, I always assumed he was just a average-to-decent Championship defender, suddenly he's being linked with Newcastle and Arsenal :eek:

Beefy
January 31st, 2012, 6:52 AM
Allardyce probably. Nine strikers and while I've not seen much of them this season they almost certainly play Cole up front on his own with Nolan supporting.

Pretty much. It's Cole & Baldock together if they're at home against a team at the bottom of the division.

Simon
January 31st, 2012, 6:55 AM
Haha forgot about Baldock. Allardyce is like a mini-Redknapp the way he hoards players.

City signing David Pizarro on loan apparently - I forgot he existed but a few years back he looked like a class act for Roma.

RFF Champ
January 31st, 2012, 6:55 AM

Mariappa is from my neck of the woods, I've met him a couple of times through mutual friends and he's quite a nice lad, very normal. Didn't realise he was so highly-rated now, I always assumed he was just a average-to-decent Championship defender, suddenly he's being linked with Newcastle and Arsenal :eek:

He's seen as one of the best in the Champ now. I've only seen Watford oncem - their game against Forest which was on the Beeb but from what I remember he did pretty well in that game.

RFF Champ
January 31st, 2012, 6:57 AM
GuardianJamieJ jamie jackson
Morrison to earn £10-15k for #whufc rising to £65k dependent on a certan criteria related to appearances. #mufc

wowzers

RFF Champ
January 31st, 2012, 7:08 AM
Zamora in talks with QPR according to the press association. Given the Hughes-Fayed relationship the fee must be well inflated.

son_of_foley
January 31st, 2012, 7:08 AM
West Ham are shitting themselves. There is no question.

They have lobbied against FFF rules coming in next year as there is no way they can meet them. If they don't go up this year they might be in some serious shit

Beefy
January 31st, 2012, 7:47 AM
£8m for Zamora is ridiculous. He's 31.

MMH
January 31st, 2012, 7:54 AM

A day out at wembley? Fuck that if we dont win it really doesnt matter. We had a day out in the semis anyway. The location means bugger all to me. Its exciting for you maybe, I have been to wembley plenty of times and seen us win there, it doesnt hold any magic just to go there, winning does of course.

You are missing the point anyway. All those transfers you named happened 3-4 years ago. Since then we have done nothing at all. We didnt buy a player for money (including recouped money from sales) for 3 seasons.

Today is a big day for the club I reckon. We are at risk of relegation, we cant score and cant keep a clean sheet, we have dropped points against many teams who we "should" be beating at home and the players dont look arsed in the slightest. Hopefully an injection of new faces will give us a boost.

RFF Champ
January 31st, 2012, 7:57 AM
£8m for Zamora is ridiculous. He's 31.

Don't see how Fulham can sniff at that. The manager doesn't want him there and they've shown they'll back Jol. I think it was wages that stopped him going to Hull so could be the same again. He's got to be comfortably Fulham's best paid player.

Beefy
January 31st, 2012, 7:58 AM
Don't see how Fulham can sniff at that. The manager doesn't want him there and they've shown they'll back Jol. I think it was wages that stopped him going to Hull so could be the same again. He's got to be comfortably Fulham's best paid player.

According to The Guardian's deadline day blog:
11.53am: Jamie Jackson has more on Bobby Zamora to QPR. "Zamora is demanding £90,000 a-week from QPR to join form Fulham, fee is £9m ... he currently gets £45,000. From what I understand he'll be very lucky." On £45,000 a week, he's pretty lucky already.

Mik
January 31st, 2012, 8:34 AM
Wayne Bridge to Sunderland on loan. Seems like a no-brainer really, I'm surprised none of the other middling teams went for him.

Is he still going out with Frankie Sandford? If so, I authorize this move.

Alf
January 31st, 2012, 8:36 AM
Seems every cunt is coming out of the woodword to pin a rumour on us.

Krasic, Rodellega, Marin, Leandro, Remy, loads.

Simon
January 31st, 2012, 8:44 AM
My QPR mate reckons they have now signed Cisse and are trying to push through deals for Pienaar and Bassong but are waiting for us to make a couple of signings.

Bad Collin
January 31st, 2012, 8:54 AM
Saha to Spurs? That is an odd one.

Alf
January 31st, 2012, 8:58 AM
My QPR mate reckons they have now signed Cisse and are trying to push through deals for Pienaar and Bassong but are waiting for us to make a couple of signings.

And yet we can't make signings till we sell. Fun.

Alf
January 31st, 2012, 9:02 AM
Saha to Spurs? That is an odd one.

This one was doing the rounds this morning and I dismissed it as bo-llocks. Looks like it's going to a happen though.

If he can stay fit he's better than Pav. He played well against us too. So ermm.. yeah, just a bit meh, but a good meh.

MMH
January 31st, 2012, 9:05 AM
This one was doing the rounds this morning and I dismissed it as bo-llocks. Looks like it's going to a happen though.

If he can stay fit he's better than Pav. He played well against us too. So ermm.. yeah, just a bit meh, but a good meh.

Seriously he isnt anymore. The bloke is completely finished. He cant even run.

Rumours up here are a double loan swap with us getting Pienaar back til the end of the season.

There is also a mad one going round (ie rubbish) of Rodwell for Defoe and Krancjar.

Alf
January 31st, 2012, 9:13 AM
I've seen him trap a ball. He's better than Pav.

Winkle van Tinkle
January 31st, 2012, 9:22 AM
always good to sign a 19 year old who has already suffered a career threatening injury. he'll fit right in. ffs.

MMH
January 31st, 2012, 9:42 AM
I've seen him trap a ball. He's better than Pav.

He injures himself when he traps it though.

He also has stupid hair.

Winkle van Tinkle
January 31st, 2012, 9:46 AM
Sully Muntari has gone from Inter to Milan (on loan I think). How slow is their midfield!?

http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h388/Hasselhoff99/suarezbirthday.gif

Winkle van Tinkle
January 31st, 2012, 9:48 AM
Newcastle have apparently made a final take it or leave it offer for Mariappa, which may include James Perch

Lucas Barrios to Fulham remains a possibility but very much dependent on Fulham generating €10m from sales first

Alex Hleb is available on a free after either being released or buying out the remaining 6 months of his contract.

Anzhi Makhachkala in preliminary talks with Arsenal's Andrey Arshavin (Russian window doesnt close til mid Feb so they have a couple of weeks).

Arsenal have enquired about Rhys Williams.

Winkle van Tinkle
January 31st, 2012, 9:51 AM
Sky Sources: Watford accept Wigan bid for defender Adrian Mariappa. £2.5m

Rip
January 31st, 2012, 9:51 AM
Newcastle have apparently made a final take it or leave it offer for Mariappa, which may include James Perch

That would be brilliant.

Then again just finding any way of stopping Perch trying to play centre half would do.

RFF Champ
January 31st, 2012, 9:53 AM
Haven't Boro turned down 6mil for Williams from Bolton? Surely Arsenal won't put that kind of money on him.

Winkle van Tinkle
January 31st, 2012, 9:58 AM
He injures himself when he traps it though.

He also has stupid hair.

given 'arry's lack of handwriting ability do you think he has written an s instead of z?

Bennedy
January 31st, 2012, 10:03 AM
He probably means Ben Sahar.

Simon
January 31st, 2012, 10:05 AM
tbh he could mean literally anyone if what he says about his writing is true. Oh God we've ended up with Saha when I was trying to resign Troy Archibald-Henville.

I'd definitely take Saha until the end of the season. It gets Pav out the door, gets us a superior player and means we'll have to buy a proper replacement in the summer. I'd rather Saha as a panic loan until May than someone like Rodallega which would inevitably lead to us in the same position as with Pav for the next three years, wanting to upgrade but unable to offload a striker who isn't quite good enough because Levy wants too many Jew dubloons for him. Saha until May, Damiao and either Adebayor or a similar calibre player in the summer.

Simon
January 31st, 2012, 10:08 AM

Lucas Barrios to Fulham remains a possibility but very much dependent on Fulham generating €10m from sales first

Alex Hleb is available on a free after either being released or buying out the remaining 6 months of his contract.

Anzhi Makhachkala in preliminary talks with Arsenal's Andrey Arshavin (Russian window doesnt close til mid Feb so they have a couple of weeks).

Arsenal have enquired about Rhys Williams.
Any deal involving Perch leaving would be a good move for Newcastle. Second worst player in the Prem after Stephen Warnock.

Why on earth would Barrios go to Fulham when Dortmund are pushing for the title and he's been linked with some big name clubs around Europe? That said, I've just looked him up on Soccerbase and apparently he's only played 15 games for Dortmund this season and has yet to score.

RFF Champ
January 31st, 2012, 10:10 AM
Rafa Honigstein says it won't happen now as Dortmund have sold another striker. Plus Fulham have signed Pogrebnyak after a SIX hour medical so unless Johnson goes I can't see they'd need another striker.

Winkle van Tinkle
January 31st, 2012, 10:11 AM
Newcastle offered 3m and perch. Watford accepted 2.5m from wigan. Sounds about right.

Rip
January 31st, 2012, 10:14 AM
They over-valued Perch

Andy
January 31st, 2012, 10:15 AM
Looks like we're getting shot of Arshavin. Probably best for everyone.

Simon
January 31st, 2012, 10:16 AM
Newcastle offered 3m and perch. Watford accepted 2.5m from wigan. Sounds about right.

:lol: Yes.

Simon
January 31st, 2012, 10:17 AM
Rafa Honigstein says it won't happen now as Dortmund have sold another striker. Plus Fulham have signed Pogrebnyak after a SIX hour medical so unless Johnson goes I can't see they'd need another striker.

Who did Dortmund sell?

RFF Champ
January 31st, 2012, 10:18 AM
Zidan.

Mik
January 31st, 2012, 10:20 AM
So, we've signed Bridge on loan now. Wonder whether we'll get a striker coming in. We've got lots of injuries again this season.

Simon
January 31st, 2012, 10:22 AM
Zidan.

Just had a look over the usual sites I check and don't see anything about this :dunno:

RFF Champ
January 31st, 2012, 10:25 AM
Like I say, it came directly from Rafa Honigstein. He's definitely transfer listed though.

Simon
January 31st, 2012, 10:28 AM
Oh sorry I thought you meant a deal had gone through and was confirmed. Nothing as far as I can see so far although he's predictably been linked with every rich Arab club going.

RFF Champ
January 31st, 2012, 10:31 AM
I thought they had but I used meine klein knowledge of German to check Mainz's website and the word 'Zidan' is nowhere to be found.

Winkle van Tinkle
January 31st, 2012, 10:35 AM
Saha. 18 month loan deal.

Beefy
January 31st, 2012, 10:38 AM
Holt to Rangers is a weird bid. I can't see why Holt or Norwich would want that transfer to go through..

Simon
January 31st, 2012, 10:39 AM
:cry: a 4 month deal would have been fine, this is just Levy being a tight-fisted person who controls the media.

RFF Champ
January 31st, 2012, 10:40 AM
Probably for tax purposes. West Brom used to do it quite often, send a player on loan certain that they'll move permanently the next year, Kuszcak to Man Utd for example.

Simon
January 31st, 2012, 10:48 AM
£4m for Zamora, better deal for QPR than anticipated.

Simon
January 31st, 2012, 10:58 AM
Cisse to QPR is done, Zamora all agreed between the three parties, just the medical left. Great business from them during this window with Taiwo in as well.

Winkle van Tinkle
January 31st, 2012, 11:08 AM
Corluka gone

Simon
January 31st, 2012, 11:21 AM
Miyaichi to Bolton on loan.

Alf
January 31st, 2012, 11:36 AM
Krasic to us rumours gathering pace.

Simon
January 31st, 2012, 12:05 PM
1541: Brighton & Hove Albion do not expect any other players to be leaving (either on loan or permanently) today, according to BBC South East. But the club is closing in on deals for two Premier League players.

1550: BBC Sport's Mike Sewell on Twitter: "Brighton's Will Hoskins has joined Sheffield United on loan until the end of the season. #BBCfootball #BHAFC #SUFC"

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/005/180/fuckthat.jpg

Andy
January 31st, 2012, 12:07 PM
http://i1107.photobucket.com/albums/h388/Hasselhoff99/suarezbirthday.gif

Amazing :lol:

Simon
January 31st, 2012, 12:07 PM
Pizarro and Pogrebnyak have both been granted work permis.

RFF Champ
January 31st, 2012, 12:15 PM
Brighton will probably get Jara and Mattock on loan now that Ridgewell has signed for West Brom.

Simon
January 31st, 2012, 12:49 PM
We're back in again for Hoilett nggggggg

Oh also just cos Brighton came up - good stat this, Will Buckley has had eight shots this season and scored seven goals :yes:

Hlebsfall
January 31st, 2012, 2:39 PM
Wayne Bridge to Sunderland. Unlucky Mik

turdpower
January 31st, 2012, 2:51 PM
Every year I always wonder why some of these deals are done on the deadline day. Wayne Bridge has been available whenever Sunderland wanted. Why didn't O'Neil just sign him straight away when he joined Sunderland if he desperately wanted him?

Andy
January 31st, 2012, 2:53 PM
Presumably because he didn't desperately want him. Last resort probably.

BBF
January 31st, 2012, 3:06 PM
You've just signed Kyriagakokaokaokssoksos, Mik. Always seemed fairly solid for Liverpool.

Bluemoon
January 31st, 2012, 4:05 PM

Why didn't Arsenal sign him?

Andy
January 31st, 2012, 4:08 PM
Because he's fucking shit. We were obviously happier to play for a month with no left back which is really saying something.

Bluemoon
January 31st, 2012, 4:39 PM
Because he's fucking shit.

Exactly, would suit your defence then.

Simon
January 31st, 2012, 4:40 PM
Defoe is now 1/5 to join Liverpool appaz :shocked:

turdpower
January 31st, 2012, 4:49 PM
I think that's probably on sheer bets alone.

Chris Scott
January 31st, 2012, 4:49 PM
I know, still can't see it happening.

Funny too how he isn't in your squad.

Alf
January 31st, 2012, 4:56 PM
7.5m for Pav. Bite your bloody hands off.

Mik
January 31st, 2012, 5:06 PM

Every year I always wonder why some of these deals are done on the deadline day. Wayne Bridge has been available whenever Sunderland wanted. Why didn't O'Neil just sign him straight away when he joined Sunderland if he desperately wanted him?

You've just signed Kyriagakokaokaokssoksos, Mik. Always seemed fairly solid for Liverpool.

Never much rated Bridge, but happy enough to give him a try. We've gone for him because we've got a big injury list and this frees the likes of Colback and Richardson to play in other positions. Happy enough with Kyriagokfkdososo too for now.

1_Pablo_Angel
January 31st, 2012, 5:15 PM
Are you playing Gardner at RB mik?

Mik
January 31st, 2012, 5:36 PM
He has once or twice, mostly Bardsley there though.

Red Dog
January 31st, 2012, 6:35 PM
We have sold Bamford to Chelsea for £1.5m I know that is decent money as he has played about 17 minutes for us but I am fucked off with that. Really pissed off. Why bother with an academy that costs £1.5m a year??!!

son_of_foley
January 31st, 2012, 6:38 PM
He was out of contract in the summer

da_man
January 31st, 2012, 6:38 PM
Ryan Nelsen is apparently set for a short term deal with Spurs. Very random!

He came through a training ground friendly the other day but only a few weeks ago there was talk of his career being in danger. Awesome at his peak and no doubt Brad Friedel has been in Harry's ear about what a great pro he is but I just can't see that Spurs can be confident of him contributing anything this season.

da_man
January 31st, 2012, 6:43 PM
It should be noted Harry has always rated Nelsen. Came in for him a couple of times at Portsmouth.

Simon
January 31st, 2012, 6:48 PM
I thought he was out for the season. Weird one.

da_man
January 31st, 2012, 6:50 PM
And Saha coming in too. Overtime for the physio.

turdpower
January 31st, 2012, 6:50 PM
I really hope Harry doesn't listen to his players for transfer advice. Jesus.

Simon
January 31st, 2012, 6:52 PM
This cunt outside the Hawthorns just said, with a straight face, "I've got some news that will cheer the faces of every West Brom fan - they've signed Keith Andrews on a short-term deal until the end of the season" :lol:

Freddie Ljungberg to MK Dons!

Red Dog
January 31st, 2012, 6:52 PM
He was out of contract in the summer
I know.

I appreciate the pull of Chelsea is strong but when you have been told we are going to focus on youth then its a bit annoying/confusing that we dont manage to keep (or even fucking PLAY) our alleged best youth player.

Simon
January 31st, 2012, 6:54 PM
£65k a week for Morrison next year if West Ham get promoted!

turdpower
January 31st, 2012, 6:54 PM
Keith Andrews in 31.

Mad.

Simon
January 31st, 2012, 6:55 PM
Ricardo Vaz Te seems like a nice lad. West Ham have signed him, Morrison and Nicky Maynard. Mad.

DavidUK
January 31st, 2012, 9:51 PM
Holt to Rangers is a weird bid. I can't see why Holt or Norwich would want that transfer to go through..

I've been hearing about this transfer for about a week now. Seemed weird that we actually went ahead with it. I don't think for a minute that we would have the money to have signed him.

I could see reasons for Holt wanting the transfer to go through. Wasn't he playing amateur level football not long ago? From that, to the chance of playing in the Champions League?

We would have struggled to pay his wages anyway.

turdpower
February 1st, 2012, 3:07 AM
I guess Cisse and Zamora now means Macheda probably won't get as many games. Shame.

Beefy
February 1st, 2012, 5:12 AM
I've been hearing about this transfer for about a week now. Seemed weird that we actually went ahead with it. I don't think for a minute that we would have the money to have signed him.

I could see reasons for Holt wanting the transfer to go through. Wasn't he playing amateur level football not long ago? From that, to the chance of playing in the Champions League?

We would have struggled to pay his wages anyway.

I don't know about amateur level football but he's certainly worked hard to get himself up the leagues.

I can certainly see the attraction of playing for one of the Old Firm clubs for a Gary Hooper, for example, but Holt has spent years trying to move his career forward and now he's established himself in the Premier League it didn't seem like a natural career move to move to Scotland. Rangers aren't an established Champions League side, as you well know.

Alf
February 1st, 2012, 5:52 AM
Why did we sign Ryan bloody Nelson?

Bennedy
February 1st, 2012, 6:05 AM
From Samba and Damiao to Nelson and Saha. That is pretty funny.

Simon
February 1st, 2012, 6:12 AM
They're just stop gaps until the summer, makes sense IMO. Bassong gets regular first-team action so we can sell him for a good price in the summer rather than letting him rot as fifth choice, Nelsen comes in on a free and takes his place...neither of them would be playing regularly if at all, so it's simple economics really. Saha is the same - get Pav out for good money, replace him for free and if it works we extend the loan in the summer, if not he goes back. Then we go all out in the summer for permanent replacements when they are more likely to move and less likely to cost the earth.

Don't forget also that we don't know whether Redknapp will still be here next year, with England or chokey potentially taking him from us...so it probably makes sense to wait for the summer. I just hope we've done enough to convince Bale and Modric to stay, because it feels like we're on the verge of something special at the moment.

MMH
February 1st, 2012, 5:57 PM
Rumours going around that we are bringing Alexander Hleb in on a free transfer.

He was crap for Birmingham and got released but so was James McFadden and we signed him so who knows...

Hlebsfall
February 1st, 2012, 5:59 PM
He is amazing.

Andy
February 1st, 2012, 9:36 PM
I loved him. Hard to see where he fits when you have Pienaar back and decent central midfield options though.

MMH
February 2nd, 2012, 5:22 AM
I loved him. Hard to see where he fits when you have Pienaar back and decent central midfield options though.

Well Pienaar is on loan of course. Osman and Rodwell are constantly injured so I suppose it would make sense.

Rip
February 2nd, 2012, 6:32 AM
Don't forget also that we don't know whether Redknapp will still be here next year, with England or chokey potentially taking him from us...so it probably makes sense to wait for the summer. I just hope we've done enough to convince Bale and Modric to stay, because it feels like we're on the verge of something special at the moment.

I agree, although it also feels like at any moment you could also just fall apart, the 'arry trial, the England job, the number of players you have that seem held together by string.

First footie shirt I ever owned was a spurs one (1979 - needed a white footie shirt for school and my mam bought me a spurs one) so I've always had a soft spot for them and I like to see them do well but it does sort of feel like either all or nothing right now, if all the gambles pay off then wow, if the cards fall wrong it could be a spectacular crash...

Beefy
February 2nd, 2012, 6:41 AM
I don't think they're in any danger of collapsing. I said last season that they were massively underachieving in the League. City were nowhere near as good last year as they are this and whilst Spurs have kicked on with Parker, Friedel and Adebayor they should have been challenging for the league last season, IMO. They're squad is strong enough.

They could lose Bale & Modric this summer but they'd likely use most of the £100m+ they'd get for them on replacements. The danger for them is that they appoint a real clown when they need to replace Redknapp.

Spurs are a weird Club for me. Loads of my good friends support them and I want to want them to do well for my friends but part of me does enjoy to see them be shit. I don't know. I'm going to White Hart Lane next Saturday for the Newcastle game. It's probably my favourite Premier League ground to visit because it has a special feeling about the place and the atmosphere is always great. Other than when Southend are conceeding offside goals in the 114th minute of the League Cup Quarter Final in -3 degree temperatures, I always enjoy myself at the Lane.

Rip
February 2nd, 2012, 6:51 AM
That's my point, the second half of this season isn't as good as the first Saha breaks down and they don't score enough, in the summer 'arry Bale and moderic go and they bring in the wrong guy it could all go nasty.

I'd not be shocked if they go for The Special One in the summer though, with a couple of good buys and the boost he'd give them I could see them really being in the mix next year.

Andy
February 13th, 2012, 3:34 PM
France Football reporting Hazard to Spurs in the summer.

RFF Champ
February 13th, 2012, 3:38 PM
I think they are saying that Hazard wants to go to Spurs which he's said about 50% of Champions League sides rather than it being anywhere near a done deal.

Alf
February 14th, 2012, 6:20 AM
It was reported that the deal was done, Hazard came out today and said it isn't a done deal but he wouldn't mind playing for us.

But then went on to namedrop Real and Barcelona.

den Hazard has denied he has already agreed to join Tottenham Hotspur this summer, but admits they are an attractive proposition.

The Belgian forward is regarded as one of the finest young talents in world football and a host of clubs from around Europe are chasing the Lille star.

Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea and Arsenal have all been linked, but reports in France on Monday claimed Harry Redknapp's Spurs had won the race for Hazard.

The 21-year-old was quick to deny any deal had been struck, however, tellingly he revealed he would be happy to finalise a move to North London.

"I have not signed anything at Tottenham," Hazard told talkshow La Tribune on Belgian-based TV station RTBF.

"Maybe I will play there next season. It is a nice club with a lot of good players and absolutely a top coach."
Spain

Hazard had previously stated his desire to move to England and he reiterated his dream to play in the Premier League, although he also admitted La Liga may be the better place for him.

"Perhaps Spanish football would be better for me, rather than the English. But if you want to be champion, you would need to play with Barcelona or Real Madrid.

"The opportunities would be much smaller. The competition would be strong at Tottenham too, but less so that at Barca or Real.

"I think I can learn the most in England. You play a big game every week and the atmosphere is great."

Hazard also dropped a huge hint Spurs had won the race for his signature, as he added: "The transfer is still pending. I have not signed anything yet, but I hope it will happen in the near future."

Hazard's current deal at Lille is due to expire in 2015.

Alf
February 15th, 2012, 6:20 AM
We've signed some Brazilian youth defender from Santos called Uvini.

I dont suppose anyone knows owt about him?

turdpower
February 15th, 2012, 2:44 PM
I do, he has a funny name.

Lazurus
February 15th, 2012, 7:05 PM
National U20 captain APPAZ.

Lazurus
February 15th, 2012, 7:05 PM
Oh yeah and only on trial.

Rip
February 23rd, 2012, 1:08 PM
Romain Amalfitano signing a pre-contract agreement this week to arrive in the summer...

I have no idea who he is :dunno:

But I'd be prepared to bet he's young and French

Simon
February 24th, 2012, 5:24 AM
Just had a quick look, for a moment I thought you'd signed that Marseille player who looks pretty good, but it's his younger brother who plays for Reims in the French second tier. Never heard of him, but Pardew and the scouting staff have a good recent record.

Rip
February 24th, 2012, 6:58 AM
I've got confidence in Carr and Pards, he'll be a good player and we'll either get a nice £3-4m for him in a year or two or he'll turn into something nice and we'll get £10m in three or four.

Then again the way we're putting a team together I'll be a bit disappointed if we're not pushing top four hard in a couple of years.

Beefy
March 14th, 2012, 9:27 AM
According to Sky, Gonzalo Higuain is being linked with a move to Juventus in the Summer (although they say that he'd rather stay at Madrid). If there's any possibility that Madrid will sell and that Higuain will leave Spain surely this is a deal that English sides should be looking at. The guy is quality and at 24 he'd be a great investment for United or Chelsea.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/7577520/Higuain-to-listen-to-Old-Lady

turdpower
March 14th, 2012, 1:38 PM
I'm quite happy with the strikers we have. He's not exactly going to go for below 25m is he?

Simon
March 14th, 2012, 1:55 PM
There's a difference between being happy with what you have and turning down a world class striker, surely? As Beefy said, at his age he'd be a good investment - either you get him for the rest of his career, or you get 4 years out of him then fuck him off and recoup most or all of the fee, possibly making a profit if he does especially well. He'd be first choice for you every week.

Incidentally, is there any worry at United about Chicarito? After his amazing breakthrough season, he's not looked half as good this year and has fallen well behind in the pecking order as United's formation has become more fluid. Ferguson seems to prefer using Welbeck/Young and having a front four that switch positions, and Hernandez doesn't really fit that style because he's a pure poacher. A quick look on Soccerbase says he has 10 goals in all competitions this season, at the same point last year he had 16...not a massive drop-off, but indicative of him maybe not finding it as easy this year.

Beefy
March 14th, 2012, 2:06 PM
Surely no one would turn down Gonzalo Higuain on the basis that they're happy with Danny Wellbeck...?

turdpower
March 14th, 2012, 2:35 PM
Chich isn't quite putting away as many goals as he was last season but he's certainly still getting in those positions and still doing lovely runs. You still bloody trust him infront of goal despite the lesser return.

He's not been in the team as much this season and that basically came from Welbeck being given a shot and doing really well (not doing so well in recent weeks like). I think Chich is a bit of a Solskjaer though; you put him in the team or give him and sniff and he scores tends to score and normally you wouldn't leave him out (but this season he has been scoring and then left out which obviously isn't ideal - SEE the week after the Chelsea equaliser); but that's what SAF has been doing and he obviously has his reasons for that. The difference this season is that he hasn't been in the team as much and when he has had those chances he hasn't always put them away as meticulously as last season. I think this season has been all about trying to properly cement Welbeck has a first team player.

The Higuain thing; I just don't think we'd pay 25-30 for a striker. I'd obviously love to have him; but it really is midfield where we could use that money.

Gary J
March 14th, 2012, 4:06 PM
Higuain will probably join Man City because i think Dzeko is going to be on his way out and obviously Tevez will be on his way and probably Adebayor as well which will leave them light up front so they'll be in the market for a striker.

El Capitano Gatisto
March 14th, 2012, 4:33 PM
If Manchester United get Eden Hazard that would be a fantastic signing, but City will probably end up getting up by chucking some astronomic wages at him. They'll have Silva, Hazard and Nasri who all roughly play the same role and probably two of them will end up just picking up massive wages for a few years but not playing very much.

Don't fancy Spurs' chances of getting him with those two in the bidding, as well as Chelsea.

turdpower
March 14th, 2012, 4:49 PM
Reports are that Fergie went to watch him. So we shall see.

1_Pablo_Angel
March 15th, 2012, 9:50 AM
What happened to that Belgian chap who Ferguson wrote a letter to? Forget his name but we were linked as well before we went to shit.

Simon
March 15th, 2012, 9:59 AM
Defour. He's moved to Porto since then, dunno how he's doing there though.

Speaking of Porto, anyone know what has happened to Moutinho recently? I remember seeing him for Sporting a few times and was really impressed by him when he was below the radar with everyone loving the haircut Miguel Veloso alongside him, seemed like he was destined for a big European move but he ended up at Porto - a step up, but not to a top club like I was expecting. He's always looked like a real midfield schemer, and I'm surprised that the teams that chased Modric so hard didn't look at him as a potential alternative, particularly Chelsea seeing as AVB had him at Porto during his year there.

Porto in general should be better than they are now when you look at the players they have - they've lost Falcao, but have a lot of very highly rated players - Pereira, Rolando, Moutinho, Defour, Hulk, Lucho and Helton - as well as the usual raft of quality South American kids...James Rodriguez looks fantastic, the two full backs Sandro and Danilo are supposed to be really good, same with Fernando and Kleber who are a bit older...but they ducked out of the CL quite early this year from a forgiving group. They're top of the Portuguese league, as you'd expect, but the Champions League is where you can see how good they really are and they pretty much flopped this season.

Winkle van Tinkle
March 15th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Michel Preud'homme?

Ringo
March 15th, 2012, 10:00 AM
He signed for Porto last Summer.

Should be an interesting transfer window. Hazard, Neymar, Ganso, Higuain, Götze & Kagawa, the Napoli trio, Muniain, Willian... all exciting players who could be on the move.

El Capitano Gatisto
March 15th, 2012, 11:48 AM
Moutinho's transfer to Porto was a bit weird I think. He may be co-owned by an investment company or something, which is why some teams might not be interested in him. I remember Everton being linked with him years ago funnily enough.

Beefy
April 4th, 2012, 4:09 AM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Transfer-gossip-Coventry-striker-Freddy-Eastwood-wants-loan-spell-at-Southend-to-become-permanent-article886400.html

Oh God yes, fuck.

Ringo
April 28th, 2012, 8:58 AM
We've signed former wonderkid Marko Marin out of nowhere today. Very inconsistent and hasn't been able to live up to the hype in the last couple of seasons, but he's the sort of player we need. Cheap too.

Andy
April 28th, 2012, 9:15 AM
How cheap?

Ringo
April 28th, 2012, 9:25 AM
£5-6m appaz. Think he only had 1 year left.

BBF
April 28th, 2012, 9:26 AM
£10m + Lukaku on loan next season is what I've read.

Ringo
April 28th, 2012, 9:31 AM
Lukaku not going there according to Klaus Allofs. They were interested but we want to send him to a Prem or Championship club. And I think it's actually around 8 million euros.

Hlebsfall
April 30th, 2012, 8:39 AM
Podolski confirmed on the Koln website. Nice to know they're getting RVP's replacement in early.

Simon
April 30th, 2012, 9:28 AM
Is it looking likely RVP will go then? Modric is definitely going at the end of the season IMO, regardless of whether or not we get into the CL. If we somehow manage to get third there's a tiny chance he might stay, otherwise no chance. I expect Bale to be in the same position Modric was last summer, he'll kick up a fuss but end up staying, then go next year. Fair dos I reckon, both of them should be playing at top European sides, hopefully Redknapp doesn't fuck the £80m we get for them on 'Crouchy'.

Andy
April 30th, 2012, 9:33 AM
I don't know why you bother with football Hlebsy, do you ever enjoy anything about it?

Hlebsfall
April 30th, 2012, 9:35 AM
Why would he stay? 'Hey Robin, we'd really like you to stick around next season, we can promise you a great season full of crushing underperformance and mediocrity.'

Andy
April 30th, 2012, 11:27 AM
Can't wait to hear this at the Emirates :headbang:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcHdHNbC3jM

Simon
April 30th, 2012, 11:29 AM
Europeans fucking love shit music.

Bad Collin
December 12th, 2012, 12:38 PM
So January is nearly upon us. The rumours are that Ince and Sturridge should be at Liverpool very early in the window. I'm not sure these players are going to solve our attacking problems.

My favourite rumour today is that United and Arsenal are going to swap Nani and Walcott.

Lagom
December 12th, 2012, 1:29 PM
Ince has developed quite well since he left us, and most times I've seen him play, he's scored, so that would be a bonus if he carried on.. That said, it baffles me that there doesn't seem to have been any sort of buy-back clause in his sale. Seems like we're going to have to either pay the earth, or let another of our promising youth players leave in return.

Sturridge ^doesn't strike me as a goalscorer, really. STerling will probably continue on the left, ^with Suarez through the middle, which would leave Sturridge on the right, where he seemingly doesn't want to be at Chelsea, it doesn't make much sense to me.

turdpower
December 12th, 2012, 1:29 PM
I read a very good point about the Nani to Arsenal rumour. If we won't give him the supposed 130k he wants, why would Arsenal, when they won't even give Theo 100k?

Hlebsfall
December 12th, 2012, 1:43 PM
Podolski confirmed on the Koln website. Nice to know they're getting RVP's replacement in early.

I don't know why you bother with football Hlebsy, do you ever enjoy anything about it?

Why would he stay? 'Hey Robin, we'd really like you to stick around next season, we can promise you a great season full of crushing underperformance and mediocrity.'

Fuck Derren Brown, give me my own show.

Andy
December 12th, 2012, 1:49 PM
Why would Nani bother coming to Arsenal at this point :\

RuneEdge
December 12th, 2012, 1:53 PM
Why would United want Walcott if they dont want Nani?

Andy
December 12th, 2012, 1:59 PM
Because he's just realising his potential as a top player, therefore he's leaving Arsenal on the cheap.

Lagom
December 12th, 2012, 2:04 PM
Unless he comes to Liverpool. Then you'll see about £64m transferred into your bank, probably in small denominations.

RuneEdge
December 12th, 2012, 2:06 PM
That doesnt answer the question.

If we were willing to use a player like Walcott, we'd stick with Nani.

Beefy
December 12th, 2012, 2:43 PM
But Nani isn't a player like Walcott.

RuneEdge
December 12th, 2012, 2:56 PM
I'm not referring to the type of players they are.
We don't use Nani because he doesn't fit into our team anymore (because of who we already have in the squad) and we cant offer him game time, not because we think he's shit. If we had Walcott instead, I personally can't see how things would be any different.

Andy
December 12th, 2012, 3:07 PM
He's been far more effective out wide than Young or Welbeck this season. Probably Valencia too.

El Capitano Gatisto
December 12th, 2012, 3:09 PM
United would be using Nani if he hadn't played like an absolute cunt at the start of the season. His contract dispute perhaps seeped into his play, but he'd still be in there if he wasn't absolutely abominable in his first few appearances.

Beefy
December 12th, 2012, 3:34 PM
I'm not referring to the type of players they are.
We don't use Nani because he doesn't fit into our team anymore (because of who we already have in the squad) and we cant offer him game time, not because we think he's shit. If we had Walcott instead, I personally can't see how things would be any different.

So "a player like Walcott" means what? One with two legs?

Walcott would get in the United team. Plus his link up with Van Persie last year was great.

El Capitano Gatisto
December 12th, 2012, 3:42 PM
I'd be surprised if United went for him. He's not going to get on as a striker, which he supposedly wants, and he doesn't really fit the bill as the sort of winger they'd be looking for. James Rodriguez makes more sense if Nani is going to go. Kagawa needs to play somewhere too and it's most likely to be out wide at this point.

turdpower
December 12th, 2012, 3:51 PM
Kagawa and Walcott could start a detective agency.

KAGNEY and PACEY

See you all later.

Bad Collin
December 12th, 2012, 4:10 PM
Wow

Chris Scott
December 12th, 2012, 5:05 PM
Ince has developed quite well since he left us, and most times I've seen him play, he's scored, so that would be a bonus if he carried on.. That said, it baffles me that there doesn't seem to have been any sort of buy-back clause in his sale. Seems like we're going to have to either pay the earth, or let another of our promising youth players leave in return.

Sturridge ^doesn't strike me as a goalscorer, really. STerling will probably continue on the left, ^with Suarez through the middle, which would leave Sturridge on the right, where he seemingly doesn't want to be at Chelsea, it doesn't make much sense to me.

Apparently from numerous sources I've read, we did have a buy-back clause put in.

If we do get Ince and Sturridge I'd be happy with them both, Sturridge could still play the main striker with Suarez coming in from the left with Sterling/Ince/Suso used right and also left too.

RuneEdge
December 12th, 2012, 5:19 PM
So "a player like Walcott" means what?
Someone who isnt going to get games, just like Nani. Walcott isnt going to be picked up front with the players we have there, and out wide we'll prefer Valencia. I just dont see how Walcott's place in the pecking order would be much different from Nani's.

Chris Scott
December 28th, 2012, 9:59 AM
Liverpool In talks £6m Jack Butland.

Reina to Arsenal next season maybe then.

Mik
December 28th, 2012, 11:52 AM
Who is your left back Simon? He cant possibly be as good as Danny Rose. He's been absolute excellent. Shame you're probably going to take him back and keep him on the subs bench since nobody will be willing to pay £9 fucking million or whatever Levy asks for for him.

Bennedy
December 28th, 2012, 1:45 PM
Spurs have Ekotto. Not sure what he has been like this season but he has been solid over the last couple of years. We have been linked with him in the past.

Alf
December 28th, 2012, 2:26 PM
Vertonghen and Naughton have been playing there while Ekotto is injured.

I've heard Danny has been mint at Sunderland. It'll be interesting to see what happens when he comes back? Caulker is getting a good run in after impressing at Swansea, Walker got his shot after good showings at QPR and Villa. It seems we have a fair few decent youth prospects, and it's good to get them PL experience on loan.

Tom Caroll is worth looking out for.

Simon
December 28th, 2012, 4:07 PM
Ekotto is an absolute beast. Funny how everyone remembers my Gomes comments but forgets that I was bang right about Ekotto all along.

Simon
December 28th, 2012, 4:09 PM
Re. Rose I heard he wanted to move back up north so wouldn't be surprised if he went to Sunderland on a perm.

Mik
December 28th, 2012, 4:47 PM
I hope so. He's been our player of the season so far. Him and Mingolet.

Simon
December 28th, 2012, 4:58 PM
The ugly chap McClean seems to be picking up again after a slow start. Last year he was the closest thing the PL had to another Bale.

Mik
December 28th, 2012, 5:05 PM
Yeah. A few have been out of form, but are getting a bit better. McLean and Johnson can be big difference makers if they can get themselves sorted out. Johnson just seems out of sorts, whereas McLean needs to change his game, he just does the same thing over and over again. Takes his man on, goes outside, very direct running with no tricks at all. He is going to have to add a bit more to his game than that.

Rip
December 30th, 2012, 11:39 AM
Dubuchy done deal for £5m according to reports, hopefully that's a good start and not a gesture, reports have us either signing Remey or miles off depending on who you read and Sissoko is in the same boat, either already done or no chance! I'd like to hear a quality centre halfs name being linked to us but so far it's a bit quiet...

Simon
December 30th, 2012, 11:47 AM
BBC says Ba to Chelsea is in progress.

Rip
December 30th, 2012, 11:56 AM
Meeting their reps tonight to discuss terms by local reports, fair enough we'll miss his goals and power but if he wants away then no point in keeping him, Remy was mooted as his replacement but two different players and styles so :dunno:

Reports on the centre hlaf (when I dug a bit) we're in talks with PSG about Sahko who is 22/3 and I know nothing else about)

MMH
December 30th, 2012, 12:10 PM
BBC says Ba to Chelsea is in progress.

For 7.5M to replace the outbound Sturridge going to Liverpool for 12M.

Chelsea must be laughing their arses off at that.

McBain
December 30th, 2012, 12:11 PM
Release fee or something? 7.5m is beyond a steal.

Fuck football. :irked:

Rip
December 30th, 2012, 12:14 PM
Release clause in his contract, and he refused 'several' new offers since september.

Philipp Prosenik for £6m for three years the sell at healthy £15m sounds like it would fit our business model...

Peter Griffin
December 30th, 2012, 12:17 PM
wasnt he at Chelsea? or was that just on a football manager game i played :shifty:

Rip
December 30th, 2012, 12:25 PM
Aye they sold him last January window to AC

Simon
December 30th, 2012, 7:24 PM
Reports on the centre hlaf (when I dug a bit) we're in talks with PSG about Sahko who is 22/3 and I know nothing else about)
Not seen much of him but he was very highly rated a few years back, think he was their captain at 20 or so...dunno if he was a victim of PSG's sudden riches allowing them to sign better players or he just didn't turn out to be much cop.

turdpower
December 30th, 2012, 7:27 PM
He was at PSG before they had decent money.

Was a wonderkid on FM, which is how most people probably first heard of him.

Fanny Batter
December 30th, 2012, 7:29 PM
For 7.5M to replace the outbound Sturridge going to Liverpool for 12M.

Chelsea must be laughing their arses off at that.

To be fair, Torres in for £50 million and Drogba out for free will always make them the laughing stocks.

Transfer fees just don't add up when you look at them all. Obviously depends what cash is about at the time, but Sturridge for £12 million seems alright a deal when you consider how much Liverpool spent on players who don't contribute.

Simon
December 30th, 2012, 7:30 PM
Sturridge is shit. Totally shit.

Andy
December 30th, 2012, 7:31 PM
Sturridge will do well at Liverpool. 10+ goals before the end of the season.

Fanny
December 30th, 2012, 7:39 PM
Wanyama to Arsenal in January apparently :( (MOTD)

Andy
December 30th, 2012, 7:41 PM
Is he any good?

Fanny
December 30th, 2012, 7:54 PM
no he's playing for a shit team in a shit league and blah blah blah blah blah.

But actually, he's fucking incredible and has been immense against great teams in Europe this season. Resigned to the fact we won't be holding onto him, but gutted if he goes in January

Andy
December 30th, 2012, 8:06 PM
Ki looked good at Celtic but I don't think he's done very well at Swansea.

wardy
December 30th, 2012, 8:12 PM
Ki was nowhere near as good as Wanyama and is a completely different player. In fact, he wasn't even a regular starter with us.

turdpower
December 30th, 2012, 8:12 PM
To be fair, Torres in for £50 million and Drogba out for free will always make them the laughing stocks.

Transfer fees just don't add up when you look at them all. Obviously depends what cash is about at the time, but Sturridge for £12 million seems alright a deal when you consider how much Liverpool spent on players who don't contribute.

It looks a big fee for a player who hasn't really done anything. He shows flashes of brilliance once in a while but he doesn't belong in the top 6.

Chris Scott
December 30th, 2012, 8:28 PM
Sturridge is shit. Totally shit.

Nah when he's had a run in a team he's proved he can score. Also he's better then what we've got and he's the type of player that will suit us me thinks.

Chris Scott
December 30th, 2012, 8:29 PM
No surprise in the Joe Cole to QPR talks.

Bennedy
December 31st, 2012, 7:38 AM

How does Drogba out for free make us a laughing stock? 8 great years of service helping us win all the major trophies on the way. It was the right time for him to go. At 34, he is not getting any younger.

Well worth the money we paid for him. Torres on the other hand...

BBF
December 31st, 2012, 7:41 AM
Your face makes you a laughing stock mate shut up.

Simon
January 2nd, 2013, 10:15 AM
http://sphotos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/c0.0.392.392/p403x403/423693_10151383298916399_1010790317_n.jpg

Simon
January 2nd, 2013, 10:20 AM
Newcastle have allowed Chelsea permission to talk to Ba, so his price tag must have been met. Wouldn't be surprised to see a few more teams go in for him, perhaps even us.

Alf
January 2nd, 2013, 10:33 AM
It's an odd one. He's clearly a very decent striker but there is always chat of his injury worries.

Any idea what the release fee is?

Seems odd it hasn't been met before. Seems like a lot of clubs are reluctant to take a punt on him.

Simon
January 2nd, 2013, 10:34 AM
£7.5m isn't it?

Rip
January 2nd, 2013, 10:35 AM
£7m release for Ba but with his wage demands (100k a week ish) and a couple of odd clauses and agents he's still expensive for the supposed knee injury, mind he's never looked like a cripple for us.

Dubuchey in the stands for us tonight should lift the crowd a bit, hopefully news of a bid for Remy will follow.

Alf
January 2nd, 2013, 10:37 AM
What sort of money are the rumours saying for Remy?

Simon
January 2nd, 2013, 10:39 AM
I was wondering about this earlier, how much do you reckon agents and players take advantage of things like release clauses when looking for a new club...like if Ba is, say, a £15m player going for £7.5m, how much do you reckon the agent will bump up his signing on fee, and how far would a buying chairman be likely to go in meeting his demands. I suppose there's no real answer as every case will be different, but I was just wondering if Ba and his agent will see those millions the buying club are saving on transfer fee and think that the majority of it should go to them, seeing as it was them who had the release clause put in.

Rip
January 2nd, 2013, 10:41 AM
Depends, they started at £10m but there is talk now that we could go back for Miaga (at West Ham) who we chased before Cisse came in, he would cost £7m according to the reports I've seen but he's not set the place alight at West Ham, but the story doing the rounds is we're looking at another centre half and mid with Pards trying to make do (or buy a cheap striker like Odimwingie) and go for Carrol in the summer.

Rip
January 2nd, 2013, 10:43 AM
I was wondering about this earlier, how much do you reckon agents and players take advantage of things like release clauses when looking for a new club...like if Ba is, say, a £15m player going for £7.5m, how much do you reckon the agent will bump up his signing on fee, and how far would a buying chairman be likely to go in meeting his demands. I suppose there's no real answer as every case will be different, but I was just wondering if Ba and his agent will see those millions the buying club are saving on transfer fee and think that the majority of it should go to them, seeing as it was them who had the release clause put in.

Pardew said pretty much that in the week, he thinks Ba sitting down with a new club is no sign that it will go through because of all the 'additional' costs involved.

Simon
January 2nd, 2013, 10:55 AM
I honestly have no idea what we should be looking to do in this window. We've reached a plateau now where it feels like we can only really improve by throwing big money about - other than adding a squad player to our strikers, the squad is strong in all areas and we could only improve the side by replacing players who are already doing well...I'm not entirely convinced by Dempsey or Sigurdsson yet, but I certainly wouldn't want to see us looking to bin either of them, and it would cost upwards of £20m to sign a high-level player in that support striker position.

Goalkeepers
Lloris, Friedel, Cudicini
Can't really fault it as a goalkeeping setup goes - a world class number one, an outstanding number two who is alright with being second choice, and a number three who is still decent and won't kick up a fuss.

Defenders
Assou-Ekotto, Vertonghen, Kaboul, Dawson, Caulker, Gallas, Walker, Naughton
Again, can't really fault the defence as a group. I was worried about the lack of a natural deputy for Ekotto, but in Vertonghen and Naughton we have two players who can cover that position perfectly adequately, particularly Vertonghen who has been a revelation when playing there. Walker needed a kick up the arse after an awful start to the season and has improved, though still below the standard he set last year, and the defence has the ideal mix of quality, depth, experience and potential - IMO Gallas is no longer good enough to be a first-choice player but having players like and Dawson around to help Caulker and even players like Vertonghen and Kaboul continue to develop is a great asset.

Midfielders
Dembele, Sandro, Parker, Huddlestone, Livermore
For my money Dembele and Sandro is probably the best central midfield pairing in the league at the moment, and in Parker we have an exceptional replacement for either. Huddlestone hasn't had much opportunity to show if he's able to play in AVB's system since he has returned from injury and Livermore is right down the pecking order, but both are certainly good enough to be among the replacements in that setup if needed. My only worry is that Dembele gives us something we really miss when he isn't available, but then it's not realistic to expect to have a player as good as him and another good enough to replace him sitting on the bench. I would be interested to see if we went back in for Moutinho and went from a 4-2-3-1 to a more traditional 4-3-3 with Sandro behind Dembele and Moutinho and the wingers pushed further on.

Attackers
Bale, Dempsey, Sigurdsson, Lennon, Defoe, Adebayor
As I said before, we probably do still need another out-and-out striker, as Dempsey isn't suited to playing up front on his own if the other two are out. With Lennon in exceptional form this season we no longer look fucked if Bale is unavailable, but we could probably still do with another natural winger just to make sure we don't lose width if one or both of Bale and Lennon get injured for any length of time.

If we had no ins or outs during this window I'd be disappointed to an extent but still satisfied as there is no obvious need to make major changes. I'd be happy with just an extra striker added, anything on top of that would be a bonus. In terms of outgoings, maybe Livermore and/or Townsend off on loan to get a bit more football, and Gomes to finally move back to Brazil, other than that I don't see anyone who we need shot of.

son_of_foley
January 2nd, 2013, 10:59 AM
Cudicini left on monday did he not to go LA Galaxy?

Not that it particularly changes what you've posted

Rip
January 2nd, 2013, 11:00 AM
I thought that, pretty sure he did.