PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Mik
August 31st, 2011, 3:57 PM
I'd have bought Crouch. He's shown he has the ability to score goals regularly despite going off the boil a bit in the last few years. He'd change the dynamic in the same way as Bendtner would. He could become a bit of a hero, and you could actually see him staying up there for a while.

Of course, you might not have had the option to buy Crouch.

I think that Bendtner is a better bet for us. Crouch has had numerous opportunities to come to us and he simply doesnt want to move to the north east. I think that with Crouch playing there it would force us to knock it all up long to the big lad. With Bendtner I think that it would be a better link between him and Sess and Gyan because they all like to run with it and play it with their feet. The headers is just another dynamic. Bendtner's scoring record looks poor until you realise how many of his appearances were by sub.

Andy
Of course it may be rubbish but if Kaka is available of loan then Christ above wh aren't we in for him...

Beefy
chris_kammy Chris Kamara
Just been told by @saifpr top agent Saif Ruby that manchester city have offered 100 million + Balotelli for Messi Barca considering it now!

connorboy
August 31st, 2011, 3:58 PM
Kammy Just tweeted Man City have offered 100m plu Balo for Mesii

:rofl:

Rip
August 31st, 2011, 3:59 PM
chris_kammy Chris Kamara
Just been told by @saifpr top agent Saif Ruby that manchester city have offered 100 million + Balotelli for Messi Barca considering it now!

Nah, got to be bollocks.....?

Ringo
August 31st, 2011, 4:00 PM
Of course it may be rubbish but if Kaka is available of loan then Christ above wh aren't we in for him...

He's not. He doesn't want to leave, Real aren't letting him go... has been well documented recently.

RFF Champ
August 31st, 2011, 4:00 PM
I'm going to miss all the 'Agent Ridgewell' stuff in the Birmingham derbies. It's an enjoyable phrase to say.

Ringo
August 31st, 2011, 4:01 PM
Nah, got to be bollocks.....?

Are you...?

Jesus.

MACE
August 31st, 2011, 4:02 PM
EDIT: Fucking internet connection :mad:

Rip
August 31st, 2011, 4:05 PM
Harry says no big move for Cahill or Kaka

MACE
August 31st, 2011, 4:08 PM
Kammy has surely got to be taking the piss.

But lets say he wasn't.... You think Barca would sell?

Beefy
August 31st, 2011, 4:09 PM
Kammy has surely got to be taking the piss.

But lets say he wasn't.... You think Barca would sell?

Not at that price. But they do have cashflow problems. Makes you wonder what would happen if they were to throw 200m at him.

Mik
August 31st, 2011, 4:09 PM
This is scientifically true isn't it? They do psycho-analytical tests at Arsenal and he scored higher on perceived ability than anyone the tester had ever seen. If he makes a mistake he genuinely doesn't believe it's his fault.

I think that it was me who brought that information over here. Its one of the best rumours I've known of. Any mistake he makes, he's able to explain why it wasnt his fault, where it was the fault of someone else down the line.

He was completely off the chart by all accounts.

Ringo
August 31st, 2011, 4:11 PM
Not at that price. But they do have cashflow problems. Makes you wonder what would happen if they were to throw 200m at him.

They'd accept and Messi would refuse to move?

Beefy
August 31st, 2011, 4:14 PM
They'd accept and Messi would refuse to move?

Maybe. If Barca tell him they don't want him and City offer him silly money maybe he would.

RFF Champ
August 31st, 2011, 4:15 PM
Beefy, Beefy, who is it? Southend about to shock everyone with a signing appaz.

El Capitano Gatisto
I don't think they would take 200 million. Messi is priceless to Barcelona right now. The fans would burn the management on a big pyre if they sold Messi just to service debt, plus it's hard to calculate what he is worth to them in terms of profile, success he brings etc.

We're talking about a club that seemingly bought Cesc Fabregas based on some weird principle.

Rip

Sol?

Gary J
August 31st, 2011, 4:16 PM
Wasn't it claimed that Man City only bought in Hargreaves because he was free and that the board wouldn't be letting Mancini spend any more money on players?

Kammy is taking the piss.

Beefy
August 31st, 2011, 4:16 PM

I presume Timlin. But Sturrock must have been dealing with Swindon today, we're short of strikers and they're rumoured to be getting rid of one so....

Ringo
August 31st, 2011, 4:17 PM
Wasn't it claimed that Man City only bought in Hargreaves because he was he was free and that the board wouldn't be letting Mancini spend any more money on players?

Kammy is taking the piss.

That is your evidence that Kammy is taking the piss?

Wow.

Beefy
August 31st, 2011, 4:17 PM
I don't think they would take 200 million. Messi is priceless to Barcelona right now. The fans would burn the management on a big pyre if they sold Messi just to service debt, plus it's hard to calculate what he is worth to them in terms of profile, success he brings etc.

We're talking about a club that seemingly bought Cesc Fabregas based on some weird principle.

300m?

Rip
August 31st, 2011, 4:22 PM
Arteta back on now... he tried for more cash and bottled it when Ars pulled out

Hlebsfall
Oh fuck off, don't want him.

Gary J
That is your evidence that Kammy is taking the piss?

Wow.

Well apart from using my common sense to deduce that it would never happen then yes it is my evidence.

RFF Champ
I presume Timlin. But Sturrock must have been dealing with Swindon today, we're short of strikers and they're rumoured to be getting rid of one so....

Marcus Bent is the classic deadline day signing and his move to Wimbledon fell through, didn't it? Either that or Barry Corr is ITK and it's the Goat.

MACE
August 31st, 2011, 4:24 PM
Arteta to Arsenal back on?!!

Beefy
August 31st, 2011, 4:24 PM
Marcus Bent is the classic deadline day signing and his move to Wimbledon fell through, didn't it? Either that or Barry Corr is ITK and it's the Goat.

Someone said Bent earlier actually. I can't see it.

Rip
August 31st, 2011, 4:25 PM
QPR seem to be signing pretty much anyone who'll go now

Andy
August 31st, 2011, 4:27 PM
Oh fuck off, don't want him.

Beggers can't be choosers at this stage. If we get him he's far better than nothing, surely.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 31st, 2011, 4:27 PM
No pay cut, no play for United!

http://i.imgur.com/IA0UG.jpg

:D

Hlebsfall
August 31st, 2011, 4:28 PM
Well he is, but surely there must be better players around Arsenal could spunk some money on.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 31st, 2011, 4:29 PM
300m?

They could probably buy Barcelona then sell Messi to themselves for a quid like the good old days on Championship Manager (I never did that).

connorboy
August 31st, 2011, 4:30 PM
Arteta has asked to leave. If he didnt demand 90k a week then maybe he could

Andy
August 31st, 2011, 4:30 PM
At this stage? I doubt it.

I agree it's a totally underwhelming signing but at this stage it's just about the best we can do. We should've had all replacements and additions sorted months before this though. Farcical summer dealings from us.

Beefy
August 31st, 2011, 4:31 PM
They could probably buy Barcelona then sell Messi to themselves for a quid like the good old days on Championship Manager (I never did that).

Sure you didn't (a mate of mine still does to this day).

connorboy
August 31st, 2011, 4:32 PM

Yeah. A "mate"

RFF Champ

Sorry for doubting you.

Beefy
I think Arteta is a good signing for Arsenal. He's had a mediocre year but strikes me as someone who has been playing within himself. This is his chance at a big club and I think he'll thrive.

El Capitano Gatisto
I like the idea of Arteta at Arsenal. He had that horrible knee injury but more than anything he seems like he's gone a bit stale at Everton. A couple of seasons ago, before the injury, he was one of the best midfielders in the Premier League. Maybe playing for a more expansive team with a few forwards in it, he will find that something like that sort of form again. It's a good place-holding move until Arsenal can get on to some younger targets next summer.

Beefy
August 31st, 2011, 4:33 PM
West Ham are making some crazy signings today. Their budget must be huge.

Shame they've got rid of Stanislas though.

MACE
August 31st, 2011, 4:35 PM
I think Arteta is a good signing for Arsenal. He's had a mediocre year but strikes me as someone who has been playing within himself. This is his chance at a big club and I think he'll thrive.

:yes:

eldanielfire
August 31st, 2011, 4:36 PM
Chief football writer Phil McNulty (http://twitter.com/philmcnulty) on Twitter: "Mikel Arteta now happening because he asked to leave Everton after hearing of Arsenal's interest."

:hyper:

Rip
August 31st, 2011, 4:36 PM
Any bets on who Everton will throw a massive last minute offer at?

Andy
August 31st, 2011, 4:37 PM
Next year. Enough of that bollocks. We've had at least 50m to spend on a world class signing, no excuses for not getting it done.

El Capitano Gatisto

I wouldn't have been able to live with removing a manager from another team. Guilt. I used to do the one where you big 50 million, got it accepted, then you could change it to 0 and it still went through.

Andy
Who have Wham signed now? Went for a piss and missed it.

Simon
August 31st, 2011, 4:38 PM

Somewhere in the ether Melv is still doing that, then posting screenshots of his incredible achievements to mydisabledlover.com/forum.

Bad Collin
August 31st, 2011, 4:39 PM
Another good one was bidding 0 for a player you had on loan, you could then accept the bid.

turdpower
QPR should bid for Arteta.

Beefy
Who have Wham signed now? Went for a piss and missed it.

Guy Demel from Hamburg.

Simon
August 31st, 2011, 4:40 PM
WTF Demel is class...or he was a year or so ago when I last saw him.

eldanielfire
You know I'm actuall shocked an established player actually wnats to move to Arsenal.

El Capitano Gatisto
Next year. Enough of that bollocks. We've had at least 50m to spend on a world class signing, no excuses for not getting it done.

Well, say it's true that Arsenal wanted Hazard. If he doesn't want to leave them this year and Lille don't want to sell, then what can you do? He's 20 years old, he might not hack it in the Premier League for a while. What world class player do you think Arsenal should have signed, realistically? Rennes were asking 30 million for Yann M'Vila, a player who hasn't even appeared in Europe and has just about broken into the France side. Next summer either player might fancy a move and then it could be possible.

Arteta is a very good player. I don't think Arsenal have done badly here. There aren't many players of the quality of Nasri and Fabregas going around, to be honest, and not many clubs willing to sell them. Both Chelsea and Manchester United have been looking for a top quality creative central midfielder this summer and both have failed to bring one in.

Rip
What's happened with Bellemy, he left Wales around 2hrs ago and he's never been seen since

BBF
August 31st, 2011, 4:43 PM
Andy Carroll killed him en route.

Beefy
August 31st, 2011, 4:44 PM
Hulk to Anzhi for 87m Euro.....

Simon
August 31st, 2011, 4:45 PM
:lol: What the hell is going on.

Rip
August 31st, 2011, 4:49 PM
Suprised Kenwyn Jones isn't on the move

MACE
August 31st, 2011, 4:50 PM
:eek:

RFF Champ
August 31st, 2011, 4:52 PM
MsiDouglasMark Douglas
Gulp. Brace yourself #NUFC fans...

Rip
August 31st, 2011, 4:53 PM
MsiDouglasMark Douglas

:scared:

Lagom
August 31st, 2011, 4:53 PM
Probably Steve Harper going to Arsenal on loan

Simon
August 31st, 2011, 4:55 PM
Do Newcastle even have any players left that could leave and cause a fuss? Tiote? Coloccini?

RFF Champ
August 31st, 2011, 4:55 PM
Yakubu: "Steve Kean is a great manager. I'm here because of him"

hehehehe

Lagom
August 31st, 2011, 4:56 PM
Aha, he obviously hasn't been on here reading da_man's rumours!

turdpower
MsiDouglasMark Douglas

Getting Gibson.

Andy
ECG - I still can't get my head around the failed Mata move. He was the perfect fit. Of course you're right about the likes of Hazard, Martin, Shaqiri et al, but I still think we should've made a real attempt to sign one. Maybe in addition to someone like Arteta. Our squad is so thin.

I really don't think we have done well this summer. Santos is decent from what I've seen, But it we'd got our arse in gear we could've had Enrique who is a better player for a similar price. I still think we could do with another centre back, so why not just give Bolton the extra 5m? We just got 23m for Nasri for gods sake. So frustrating.

RFF Champ
Probably Steve Harper going to Arsenal on loan

Do Newcastle even have any players left that could leave and cause a fuss? Tiote?

I took it positively. The chopper is in London so can't be ferrying any of our players to other clubs.

Of course we have good players that we don't want to leave left.

Simon
August 31st, 2011, 4:57 PM
I'm calling Coloccini to Arsenal or Spurs.

Simon
August 31st, 2011, 4:58 PM
I took it positively. The chopper is in London so can't be ferrying any of our players to other clubs.

Of course we have good players that we don't want to leave left.

But ones that would cause a mighty fuss? Only Coloccini and Tiote surely, Jonas at a push?

Rip
August 31st, 2011, 4:59 PM
Nope, we're NOT going to sign a striker now.

RuneEdge
August 31st, 2011, 5:00 PM
Hulk to Anzhi for 87m Euro.....
:eek:

RFF Champ
August 31st, 2011, 5:00 PM
But ones that would cause a mighty fuss? Only Coloccini and Tiote surely, Jonas at a push?

Colo, Tiote, Krul and Sammyobi.

RFF Champ
August 31st, 2011, 5:01 PM
Nope, we're NOT going to sign a striker now.

Is that it? fuck off.

Surely we'll at least get Macheda and Gibson now.

Beefy
August 31st, 2011, 5:01 PM
Allasane N'Diaye has just been released by both Southend and Crystal Palace within the same hour. That's pretty impressive.

Simon
August 31st, 2011, 5:02 PM
I read up on him after you mentioned him earlier Biffo, sounds like a nutcase.

Andy
August 31st, 2011, 5:02 PM
Jim White actually looks like he's on speed.

Rip
August 31st, 2011, 5:04 PM
Is that it? fuck off.

Surely we'll at least get Macheda and Gibson now.

Journo trying to make a headline.

Being honest if we do nothing more we've done ok, get a striker in at christmas without losing Tiote/Colo and we're much better off than we were, Best/Ba/Shola will do us till then with HBA coming back

Andy
August 31st, 2011, 5:04 PM
Craig Slater has a fucking great job. All around the world for boxing and football.

da_man
August 31st, 2011, 5:05 PM
Yakubu: "Steve Kean is a great manager. I'm here because of him"

hehehehe

:lol:

I'm relatively happy with our business. Kean/Anderson's two deals have been binned and we're getting in two players who have Premier League experience.

Dann at the back with Samba with Givet at left-back and Olsson up to the wing. Yakubu is another body up front and can hopefully just be backup to whichever combination of Goodwillie and Rochina/Formica is first choice.

Rip
August 31st, 2011, 5:06 PM
Yakubu is ok, big and strong causes problems for defences, he'll do a good job

Lagom
August 31st, 2011, 5:07 PM
Haha, that fucking black guy at The Emirates!

"Arteta could become like a father figure for the younger players..."

"Yeah, like my dad."

Andy
August 31st, 2011, 5:07 PM
Ahaha all the bored fans have resorted to giving the camera the finger. :lol:

Simon
August 31st, 2011, 5:08 PM
I liked the little ginger lad on the left "I don't even support Arsenal man, fucking hell".

Simon
August 31st, 2011, 5:08 PM
Palacios to Stoke done, Crouch on the verge apparently. Levy/Redknapp, get your money out you pair of cunts!

Andy
August 31st, 2011, 5:09 PM
Haha, that fucking black guy at The Emirates!

"Arteta could become like a father figure for the younger players..."

"Yeah, like my dad."

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! :rofl:

Mik
Typical English football fans. If there's a camera there, they feel compelled to swear on it.

turdpower
Ahaha all the bored fans have resorted to giving the camera the finger. :lol:

Then he shouted "up your mum".

Rip
'Peter Crouch doesn't look stressed, he's not moving quickly' that's pretty much what he does everytime I see him play!

RFF Champ
August 31st, 2011, 5:10 PM
Journo trying to make a headline.

Being honest if we do nothing more we've done ok, get a striker in at christmas without losing Tiote/Colo and we're much better off than we were, Best/Ba/Shola will do us till then with HBA coming back

We've got nothing beyond Tiote and Cabaye, we needed a striker but haven't got one and we could have boosted numbers in defence.

Ashley has shot himself in the foot. We've done a load of good business but the one position everyone wanted has gone unfilled and we've little cover. What's more everyone was saying how we're only going for Ruiz because we knew he'd go to Fulham but it looks like we made an effort. We had so much time and money too.

I've been typing it all summer 'we tried but couldn't make it over the finishing line' and it is genuinely going to be what Pardew will say tomorrow.

Simon
August 31st, 2011, 5:10 PM
ahahaha all the Spurs fans shrugging and pulling "I don't care" faces at all the outgoing players being read out.

Mik
August 31st, 2011, 5:11 PM
A wet willy on the camera. Much better form.

Andy
August 31st, 2011, 5:11 PM
I dunno why the guy at Liverpool signs up for this every year. He looks like he wNts to lamp all the kids who are all shoving him forward.

Simon
August 31st, 2011, 5:12 PM
Ahahahaha all the fans completely disbelieving the line about Redknapp saying we wouldn't make any more signings. Nutshell.

Lagom
August 31st, 2011, 5:12 PM
Genuine serial killer eyes as he gets edged closer and closer to the lens

Ringo
August 31st, 2011, 5:13 PM
That Darnel Situ who was supposed to be joining Newcastle has gone to Swansea apparently. Along with Bessone and Halliche.

son_of_foley
August 31st, 2011, 5:14 PM
The lad saying like my dad cheered me up loads

da_man
August 31st, 2011, 5:14 PM
Berbatov is apparently being offered around on loan. :dunno:

Simon
August 31st, 2011, 5:15 PM
Oh God I would love it.

RFF Champ
August 31st, 2011, 5:16 PM
Woy dropped Tamas for Meite as he was deemed not good enough last season yet he's now a first teamer. Really surprised they haven't gone for Onuoha or another decent centre half.

turdpower
August 31st, 2011, 5:16 PM
HOPEFULLY TO INTER.

StevieV
August 31st, 2011, 5:17 PM
Berbatov is apparently being offered around on loan. :dunno:

shotgun

da_man
August 31st, 2011, 5:23 PM
Rovers ITK says that a medical for Kalou is being conducted by telephone.

"discussing issues/past with their clubs physio & medical team. As its loan, can be cancelled later if club not happy"

Can't see it.

Andy
August 31st, 2011, 5:25 PM
Quite surprised no one else was in for Dann at 6m.

RFF Champ
August 31st, 2011, 5:26 PM
Where is Gignac?

Andy
August 31st, 2011, 5:27 PM
9m bid for Jelavic...unbelievable.

son_of_foley
August 31st, 2011, 5:29 PM
No wonder rangers are skint.

Andy
Mertesacker has been given number 4. hate that.

1_Pablo_Angel
Quite surprised no one else was in for Dann at 6m.

I am stunned that he and Johnson have ended up at Blackburn and Wolves. Stunned.

RFF Champ
August 31st, 2011, 5:31 PM
Meireles submits transfer request. Chelsea?

Keano's Magic Hat
arsenal have benayoun

Simon
Meireles transfer request?! Chelsea?

Hlebsfall
Yossi Benayoun. Most expensive tickets in the world for such delights.

Keano's Magic Hat
bit late. that reminds of obertan submitting a transfer request last season.. 20 minutes after the window closed :D

Bad Collin
August 31st, 2011, 5:32 PM
Lol, might have left that one a bit late Raul.

Simon
Should be more like Chimbonda, transfer request on the pitch after the final game of the season for Wigan.

Ringo
we better fucking be getting Meireles

AVB two days ago: "we need a midfielder before the deadline closes"

half an hour to go and we now have one less midfielder brilliant

RFF Champ
Maybe he knows Stoke are interested.

Simon
August 31st, 2011, 5:33 PM
Good to see Sweep move, sort of forgotten about him recently. Same with Bellamy.

da_man
August 31st, 2011, 5:33 PM
Rovers ITK says that a medical for Kalou is being conducted by telephone.

"discussing issues/past with their clubs physio & medical team. As its loan, can be cancelled later if club not happy"

Can't see it.

Turns out this is Ricardo Fuller, not Kalou. Actually happier about that!

Simon
August 31st, 2011, 5:34 PM
I love SWP. Look at him, listen to him. Lovely lad.

Mik
August 31st, 2011, 5:35 PM
QPR fans have got to be feeling a bit more confident about survival now.

BBF
August 31st, 2011, 5:36 PM
Just cos Liverpool have released the info now doesn't mean Raul just submitted it. Probably just a formality so he forgoes any bonuses and moves before the window. There were loads of rumours the Sturridge would move the other way.

That would be a great deal for both sides.

Andy
August 31st, 2011, 5:36 PM
Mertersacker officially done.

http://t.co/3BB30pq

Bad Collin
August 31st, 2011, 5:37 PM
Just cos Liverpool have released the info now doesn't mean Raul just submitted it. Probably just a formality so he forgoes any bonuses and moves before the window. There were loads of rumours the Sturridge would move the other way.

That would be amazing

Chris Scott
Lol, might have left that one a bit late Raul.

To be honest mate let him go Chelsea and get Danny in as part of the deal.

Ringo

:wtf:

RFF Champ
August 31st, 2011, 5:38 PM
I love SWP. Look at him, listen to him. Lovely lad.

He's spent over three years just chillin', I wonder if he realises he's actually going to have to play regularly.

BBF
August 31st, 2011, 5:38 PM
Which bit has made you have a stroke there mate?

Keano's Magic Hat
August 31st, 2011, 5:40 PM
Sneijder thanking United fans on twitter.

Anybody who thinks United have money is fucking insane. The signings we made were funded by a massively reduced wage bill. It was fun that we almost signed Sneijder, as it was with Ozil, Benzema and all the other season ticket pushers

and we're soon going to announce 100m record profits and can't afford a central midfielder when Fergie clearly wants (wanted?) one. Farcical.

da_man
August 31st, 2011, 5:41 PM
Dann deal done....

http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~2437859,00.html

Jordan Slew from Sheff Utd almost complete - 18 year old striker. Also trying for a few others including Luke Freeman on loan from Arsenal.

Ringo
August 31st, 2011, 5:42 PM
Which bit has made you have a stroke there mate?

Because I think most Chelsea fans are expecting Danny to be a starter this season and even if he wasn't he'd have to be worth in excess of 20-25m considering the prices young English players have been going for. Plus AVB has repeatedly said he's very important to his plans.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 31st, 2011, 5:43 PM
Slew looked very good in the FA Youth Cup Final. Big, fast, black and comfortable on either foot. He was easily their best player.

RFF Champ
Surprised about Slew, I thought he'd stay for the year. They rejected 500k from Fulham earlier in the summer so Blackburn must be throwing a bit of cash around now. Good to see. Everyone likes Blackburn.

BBF
But there have been rumours of it and both the incoming players would be good for the respective clubs.

Ringo
August 31st, 2011, 5:44 PM
stop drinking andy

Keano's Magic Hat
August 31st, 2011, 5:45 PM
ahaha 'Tottenham's MUM!'

BBF
August 31st, 2011, 5:46 PM
I don't really understand. Meireles would be a good player for Chelsea, Sturridge would be a good player for Liverpool and there were rumours of that swap deal taking plans.

That is all I am saying. I'm not saying this is what is happening at all. It is all just speculation. KAKA was moving to Spurs an hour ago you loon.

da_man
August 31st, 2011, 5:49 PM
He's spent over three years just chillin', I wonder if he realises he's actually going to have to play regularly.

"Waiting...driving...stopping."

:wtf:

Surprised he didn't come out with: "Winding the windows up and down...changing gear."

Spacker

Ringo
August 31st, 2011, 5:52 PM
I don't really understand. Meireles would be a good player for Chelsea, Sturridge would be a good player for Liverpool and there were rumours of that swap deal taking plans.

That is all I am saying. I'm not saying this is what is happening at all. It is all just speculation. KAKA was moving to Spurs an hour ago you loon.

Raul Meireles signing for Chelsea would probably be good for us. Sturridge signing for Liverpool would be good for them. Sturridge leaving Chelsea would not. Sturridge leaving Chelsea in exchange for Raul Meireles would be absolutely scandalous. That's all I'm saying MATE.

BBF
August 31st, 2011, 5:53 PM
look MATE good opinion.

RFF Champ
August 31st, 2011, 5:56 PM
Sunderland better hope the fax machine is fighting fit. Still not completed the paperwork for Bendtner.

RFF Champ
August 31st, 2011, 5:57 PM
Didn't Birmingham reject 14mil for Dann and Jerome and here they are selling for 4mil and 6mil and paid their wages for the summer?

Simon
August 31st, 2011, 5:57 PM
Come onnnn. Doesn't have to be Spurs but I want a huge deal to go through from nowhere. Samuel Eto'o to buy Alex Song with his new Russian money so he has someone to hang around with.

Andy
August 31st, 2011, 5:58 PM
Eto'o and Song hate each other.

Simon
Didn't Birmingham reject 14mil for Dann and Jerome and here they are selling for 4mil and 6mil and paid their wages for the summer?

Dann is 6m going up to 8m and Jerome hasn't gone has he?

Simon
Eto'o and Song hate each other.

OK then buy him so that he has to soak up a bit of the old racism.

Simon
August 31st, 2011, 5:59 PM
BING BONG BING BONG, BING BONG BING BONG.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 31st, 2011, 6:00 PM
big ben has more pace than alex song

Beefy
Fucks sake, it's like New Years Eve!

Simon
Love the melodrama at SSN. Transfer window: CLOSED.

RFF Champ
Fulham have signed Orlando Sa from Porto appaz. Dunno who he is but good to have an extra attacker in the squad.

Simon
August 31st, 2011, 6:01 PM
Fucks sake, it's like New Years Eve!

I was thinking the same thing :D this and New Year are the only times I ever hear Big Ben going.

These new-fangled footballer fireworks they have are amazing, I'm gonna get a Martin Jol one for Fireworks Night.

Andy
Jim looks like he's about to cry!

What the fuck is this shit?!?!?!

RFF Champ
Dann is 6m going up to 8m and Jerome hasn't gone has he?

Dunno, we'll see but I've read a few things saying 4mil to Stoke. 6 or 8mil either way it's less than what was offered previously.

Simon
August 31st, 2011, 6:03 PM
Ahahaha whoever asked if SWP knows he has to play some football now he's joined QPR:

I'm looking to seeing my old mate Joey Barton, it should be a good laugh.

Bodes well :lol:

turdpower
August 31st, 2011, 6:04 PM

:)

RFF Champ
August 31st, 2011, 6:06 PM
I reckon Wigan have had a good transfer window. Perhaps could have done with another defender but they've replaced N'zogbia well and boosted their squad.

Simon
Fair play to Redknapp and Levy for digging their heels in and keeping Modric at the club. I'd probably have taken 40m in fairness but keeping him is grand stuff.

connorboy
The fourth official has indicated a minimum of 4 minutes additional time to sign players, 4 minutes

Simon
August 31st, 2011, 6:07 PM
Fee agreed for Meireles to Chelsea. Presumably it should be fine, I reckon they've been talking about it all day and the transfer request was the compromise needed to complete the deal.

Simon
August 31st, 2011, 6:08 PM
Bendtner to Sunderland confirmed. Big things from him, said it all along and now we will find out, I think he'll do very well.

RFF Champ
August 31st, 2011, 6:09 PM
Remember El Hadji Diouf is still a free agent before any of us rest easy.

1_Pablo_Angel
August 31st, 2011, 6:09 PM
:(

RFF Champ
August 31st, 2011, 6:10 PM
Bendtner to Sunderland confirmed. Big things from him, said it all along and now we will find out, I think he'll do very well.

Mik's point earlier was a good one about how it's not just how much impact his own ability will have but also that it frees up Gyan and Sessegnon in the system by having a proper centre forward up top. Good signing.

Mik
August 31st, 2011, 6:11 PM

I'm hopeful. Not entirely for Bendtner, but more that hopefully it encourage Bruce to have two proper players up front with Sess behind them instead of Gyan on his own with little Sess behind.

Keano's Magic Hat
Meireles has signed for Chelsea.

Ringo
http://www.chelseafc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10268~2438063,00.html

Yep confirmed. Could be a decent signing.

Simon
Meireles signed. Now get your head down and play some football Modric you ugly little cunt.

Bad Collin
August 31st, 2011, 6:12 PM
Jesus, we better have got a good fee for Raul :(

Chris Scott
August 31st, 2011, 6:12 PM
I really hope we got Danny as part of the deal.

Ringo
August 31st, 2011, 6:13 PM
Meireles + 25m might have done it, let's see

MACE
Good signing for Chelsea.

Chris Scott
Or got at least 13m

Simon
MAN IS WEDGE!

BBF
August 31st, 2011, 6:15 PM
Or got at least 13m

12m

Simon
Arteta done.

Chris Scott
Fuck me Everton fans are going to go crazy selling another player.

Simon
August 31st, 2011, 6:16 PM
Indians fucking love to support Arsenal.

Prototype16
According to SSN we're 'confident' we got the paperwork for Crouch and Jerome in on time. Let's hope so, otherwise we're fucked

Palacios, Crouch, Jerome, Upson and Woodgate would be a good window - could have done with another winger though

Bad Collin
Or got at least 13m

More than that I hope, He cost 11 million and proved himself in the prem. I really hope we charged a deadline day premium.

Meireles out and Bellamy in = Negative deadline day

At least Everton got fucked over.

Simon
According to SSN we're 'confident' we got the paperwork for Crouch and Jerome in on time. Let's hope so, otherwise we're fucked

Palacios, Crouch, Jerome, Upson and Woodgate would be a good window - could have done with another winger though
You gonna be back in for a few more of our lads in Jan? :D

RFF Champ
Pablo Ibanez has signed for Birmingham. What a fall from grace.

Bad Collin
August 31st, 2011, 6:17 PM
Indians fucking love to support Arsenal.

Man Utd surely?

Chris Scott
12m

Did Raul play under AVB for Porto?

Ringo
But he's a year older and Dalglish didn't fancy him... Why would he still be worth over 13m?

Simon
August 31st, 2011, 6:18 PM

Yep.

Ringo

AVB was only Porto manager for a year...

Simon
Man Utd surely?

Arsenal or Liverpool in my experience. Mainly Arsenal.

Beefy
August 31st, 2011, 6:19 PM

:yes:

Chris Scott
More than that I hope, He cost 11 million and proved himself in the prem. I really hope we charged a deadline day premium.

You reckon? Its obvious he wanted to go.

Andy
Wouldn't be surprised to see Moyes walk out. Their best player and their top scorer gone on the last day. Fucking hell.

Simon
August 31st, 2011, 6:20 PM
Why did he want to leave though? Down the pecking order? I suppose he doesn't fit into their new system with quite defined defensive and attacking midfield roles, he's a bit of both.

Andy
Meireles is a strange one. AVB was happy to sell him to Liverpool a year ago.

Chris Scott
Walk out ready for Arsenal next season.

Bad Collin
Arsenal or Liverpool in my experience. Mainly Arsenal.

Man U - Indians
Arsenal - Africans
Liverpool - Scandinavians
Spurs - Eastern Europeans and Jews

Prototype16
August 31st, 2011, 6:22 PM
You gonna be back in for a few more of our lads in Jan? :D

We'll have Kranjcar next time please

In the past we've always signed Sunderland rejects, now it's Spurs ones. That's progress

Bad Collin
August 31st, 2011, 6:22 PM
You reckon? Its obvious he wanted to go.

Who cares? I'm pissed off about this, selling on deadline day is shitty because you can't reinvest the money until January. Raul was a great option, we should have Modriched him.

Chris Scott
August 31st, 2011, 6:23 PM
Why did he want to leave though? Down the pecking order? I suppose he doesn't fit into their new system with quite defined defensive and attacking midfield roles, he's a bit of both.

He wanted to leave towards the end of last season I heard.

RFF Champ
August 31st, 2011, 6:24 PM
Who cares? I'm pissed off about this, selling on deadline day is shitty because you can't reinvest the money until January. Raul was a great option, we should have Modriched him.

Surely you have already spent that money on Adam and Henderson and Meireles became surplus?

Chris Scott
August 31st, 2011, 6:25 PM

We have enough cover made, we should do fine without him.

da_man
August 31st, 2011, 6:25 PM
Bellamy could be an inspired signing for Liverpool. Huge fan of his.

Chris Scott
August 31st, 2011, 6:26 PM
Especially when he didn't want to leave the first time.

Lagom
August 31st, 2011, 6:28 PM
Can't believe that Rangers turned down a 9m bid for Jelavic, absolutely unbelievable

Bad Collin
August 31st, 2011, 6:28 PM
We have enough cover made, we should do fine without him.

But why sell him to Chelsea for fucks sake.

Anyway, I heard that the issue with Raul is that we said if he did well we would give him a bumper contract and we went back on that once the new owners took over.

Lagom
August 31st, 2011, 6:30 PM
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/degen-leaves-reds

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! Maybe deadline day was a success!!

Chris Scott
August 31st, 2011, 6:31 PM
But why sell him to Chelsea for fucks sake.

Anyway, I heard that the issue with Raul is that we said if he did well we would give him a bumper contract and we went back on that once the new owners took over.

Yeah I know what you mean about Chelsea.

I think in January we will go in for Adam Johnson and Daniel Sturridge.

Bad Collin
August 31st, 2011, 6:37 PM
Yeah I know what you mean about Chelsea.

I think in January we will go in for Adam Johnson and Daniel Sturridge.

They won't sell them to us.

Did you see that we signed some American under 18 player and loaned him straight out to Germany?

da_man
August 31st, 2011, 6:38 PM
Crouch to Stoke has gone through.

MikeHunt
August 31st, 2011, 6:42 PM
Can't believe that Rangers turned down a 9m bid for Jelavic, absolutely unbelievable

i can't believe that anycunt would bid that much for him let alone us reject it.

very quite day in scotland, says a lot doesn't it.

MMH
August 31st, 2011, 6:44 PM
http://www.evertonfc.com/assets/_files/cached/aug_11/590x330/efc__1314828714_denis590.jpg

I like him already.

Hlebsfall
August 31st, 2011, 6:45 PM
Nasri and Fabregas out, Arteta and Benayoun in. wow. Should ensure a top half finish.

Andy
I could see why Rangers rejected the initial bid, they only have Lafferty alongside him in the striker department. Rejecting 9m though...the mind boggles.

Chris Scott
They won't sell them to us.

Did you see that we signed some American under 18 player and loaned him straight out to Germany?

Yep seen that, strange one that.

Just been reading about someone who is ITK atAnfield, we will stay at Anfield and increase the capacity to about 60,000..

We will keep the upper centenary and the kop as they are..

The work will start in about about 18 months and take about 2 years to finish.

MMH
August 31st, 2011, 6:46 PM

How did we?

Arteta has been arse for a while now for us.

Would have been nice to be able to replace him but it just means Rodwell will have to step up now.

Andy
August 31st, 2011, 6:46 PM
MMH mate, feel really sorry for you. :heart:

Chris Scott
August 31st, 2011, 6:47 PM
MMH I drive past finch farm after footy and seen 1 reporter who was there last Jan and about 4 fans. Was one you :D

El Capitano Gatisto
August 31st, 2011, 6:48 PM
I could see why Rangers rejected the initial bid, they only have Lafferty alongside him in the striker department. Rejecting 9m though...the mind boggles.

What's the story with Fleck?

Simon
August 31st, 2011, 6:49 PM
Him and Hutton have gone to Sheffield United according to SSN.

Lagom
Plays as a central midfielder now, or at least he has whenever I've seen him.

MMH
MMH I drive past finch farm after footy and seen 1 reporter who was there last Jan and about 4 fans. Was one you :D

Oh aye yeah, as if I could be arsed leaving the house for that shower of shite!

Andy im more than fine, im actually mildly happy about todays deals. A lot of that depends on if the Drenthe deal has actually gone through.

Would have been nice to have Onuha as well but ah well.

Lagom
August 31st, 2011, 6:50 PM
Balls, didn't even see that had gone through. That's baffling as well when Edu still gets in the first team.

Bad Collin
http://www.evertonfc.com/assets/_files/cached/aug_11/590x330/efc__1314828714_denis590.jpg

I like him already.

I wonder how many people he has killed, my guess is 12.

Nasri and Fabregas out, Arteta and Benayoun in. wow. Should ensure a top half finish.

So that makes Arteta, Yossi, Mertersacker, Santos and Park?

Yep seen that, strange one that.

Just been reading about someone who is ITK atAnfield, we will stay at Anfield and increase the capacity to about 60,000..

We will keep the upper centenary and the kop as they are..

The work will start in about about 18 months and take about 2 years to finish.

That sounds like the best option, the club owns all the houses around the ground don't they?

Remember this? http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2008/08/29/liverpoolstadium2.jpg

The Rosk
Guys, can someone please confirm to me that we have got JERMAINE JENAS?????

Hlebsfall
August 31st, 2011, 6:53 PM
So that makes Arteta, Yossi, Mertersacker, Santos and Park?

Yep, load of shit. When Van Persie gets injured, Arsenal are royally fucked.

turdpower
August 31st, 2011, 6:53 PM
Poor Wayne Bridge :(

MMH
August 31st, 2011, 6:54 PM
Drenthe comfirmed. Great stuff.

Pace! We actually have a player with pace!

Simon
August 31st, 2011, 6:55 PM

Look on the bright side, now you'll get to see what I mean about his invisible man act FIRST HAND!

Bad Collin
August 31st, 2011, 6:55 PM
Yep, load of shit. When Van Persie gets injured, Arsenal are royally fucked.

I think Arteta will be a good signing but Yossi is an odd one, he had a good season three years ago.

Chris Scott
August 31st, 2011, 6:56 PM
That sounds like the best option, the club owns all the houses around the ground don't they?

Remember this? http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2008/08/29/liverpoolstadium2.jpg

Yeah I remember that project and yes the club own all the houses aroung the ground now.

Chris Scott
August 31st, 2011, 6:57 PM

No way he's still at City ain't it.

Andy
August 31st, 2011, 6:59 PM

I don't follow Scottish football that closely so I'm not too sure. Might be best asking MikeHunt or someone. From what I've seen he just hasn't lived up to the hype and has found chances limited. There was talk of a loan move but I don't know if that went through or not. Also I think he's more of a second striker so Jelavic and Lafferty are really the only out and out strikers they have. Naismith at a push. Don't think you can count Healy and they just released Beattie.

Hlebsfall
August 31st, 2011, 6:59 PM

Wayne Bridge is a wanker. Oooh, I'll turn down playing first team football so I can collect my 50 grand a week for doing nothing other than being shit.

Ringo
August 31st, 2011, 7:21 PM
Joey7Barton Joseph Barton
@piersmorgan nah don't think so pretty boy, for a side that's meant to challenge for a title, I think there poor buys.
6 minutes ago

piersmorgan Piers Morgan
Big German, nifty Brazilian, hard-working Korean, skilful Brit, smart Israeli + top Spanish playmaker = multi-national gold, #Arsenal .

left_wing_miller
September 1st, 2011, 12:00 AM

Confidence is shot to pieces. He only ever gets brief periods in the first-team (while the likes of McCulloch masquerade as professional footballers every week), and for the past few seasons, whenever he has had those opportunities he has never performed anywere near the ridiculously high expectations people had for him - this while Wylde and particularly Ness (who will find his way to the Premier League in a few years, a lot of potential) have really outshone him. However, from what I've seen, the talent is definitely there - good technique, very composed on the ball and on the pitch at least, an intelligent little player. The thinking is that he needs a loan move away from the goldfish bowl to find his feet and get some first-team football under his belt.

Rip
September 1st, 2011, 2:15 AM
i can't believe that anycunt would bid that much for him let alone us reject it.

very quite day in scotland, says a lot doesn't it.

It was probably us in a last second panic, oh and we're supposed to get Maiga in January after a visa issue (?) cost us a late deal...:(

Not worried though, if previous seasons have taught me anything we'll have signed an out of contract striker by the end of the week.... probably Diouf unless Pards can find a shovel and dig up James Beattie.

son_of_foley
September 1st, 2011, 3:51 AM
But he's a year older and Dalglish didn't fancy him... Why would he still be worth over 13m?

How can you ask this but not think the kranjar valuation was ridiculous

Lagom
September 1st, 2011, 4:17 AM
I said when the Sturridge rumours started growing stronger that I was worried that it would spell the end of Meireles, hating that I was right, especially at the supposed price AND that we didn't get Sturridge.

If they've paid anywhere near what we paid for him, then I'm severely disappointed. For three quarters of last season he looked great, and it's not like he's not going to improve, he's still got a good few years of top-flight football left in him yet.

It's a shame we couldn't even get Sturridge in on loan, his pace and left-footedness (what? :wtf:) would have given us an extra dimension as well as Bellamy. No looking back now though, let's see where we sit in January, and go from there. Quite excited for the next few months now, should see some exciting football from a few teams

MMH
September 1st, 2011, 5:09 AM
Mierelles wasnt getting in the team though was he?

He scored a few last year and did OK. For me though his overall game wasnt good enough.

Good business by Liverpool, got some use out of him and nothing lost.

Alf
September 1st, 2011, 5:10 AM
Disappointed all round really.

Out of all the strikers to ship out I think Pav would have to be the one to go, not Crouch. With VdV out it looks like we'll go 442, but that leaves us a bit thin up front...

Cometh the hour, cometh the Coulibaly.

Tottenham Under 19s v Inter Milan Under 19s Coulibaly Scores the 5th NextGen - YouTube

Alf
September 1st, 2011, 5:11 AM

I think you'll learn to love him.

Simon
September 1st, 2011, 5:29 AM
Disappointed all round really.

Can you explain this Alf? All the forums seem to be saying the same thing and I just don't really understand it. Obviously we haven't had the excitement of the mad dash at the finish or a sudden unexpected signing like VDV, but I think we've had a really good window.

We've signed the top class striker we needed, a more reliable goalkeeper to genuinely compete for a first-team spot and last year's player of the year...in a perfect world we'd have got another top striker in and maybe signed Gary Cahill but neither of them were essential signings. We also managed to keep all of our best players despite having no Champions League football to offer.

All things considered I think we've markedly improved our squad:

Crouch out --> Adebayor in
Palacios out --> Parker in
Pletikosa out --> Friedel in
Hutton out --> Walker in
Jenas out --> Livermore in

The first three are obvious improvements who will be good enough to go straight into the team, the latter two remain to prove themselves but neither have too much pressure on them to be regular first-teamers with Corluka still here and numerous midfielders ahead of Livermore.

The other players we've got rid of - Keane, Bentley, Woodgate, O'Hara - were not part of the squad anyway. I can understand a touch of disappointment that, having got those wages off the bill and brought in a fair bit of money, we haven't gone and splashed on another top player, but who was available?

Keeping Modric and Bale and signing Parker and Adebayor will do me just fine. I said this on the Spurs forum and got slated but I think it's true - if we'd waited until 10.58pm last night to sign Adebayor, everyone would be delighted with our window.

Alf
September 1st, 2011, 5:43 AM
It's not about getting that one flash last-minute signing Simon. Fucking hell, you are so the product of sky sports news.

Of course another top striker was needed. We've signed one potentially excellent striker, but he has a reputation for getting a bit bored and not being arsed. That leaves us with Pav, who is FUCKING awful, and Defoe who is misfiring.

Parker is 31 in October. His best seasons are behind him. A few hammers I've spoken to aren't massively bothered he's gone.

Friedel is 3000 years old. He has different qualities to Gomes, just as Gomes has different qualities to Friedel. I don't see him as an upgrade. Yep, the 'competition' argument is valid.

3 decent signings, not earth shattering though.

Christopherson
September 1st, 2011, 6:08 AM
You go on about keeping Modric as if he will go back to being a beast of player. He probably won't mail it in but I doubt he's going to have the desire/hunger to be as good as last year. Remember he thinks you're all a bunch of cunts who have basically held him hostage. Gotta love Spurs fans rejoicing at Modric staying when in reality it is a truly shocking piece of business by Levy to keep him there.

Ps Not really directing this towards you Alf, I just mean towards Spurs fans in general.

Chris Scott
September 1st, 2011, 6:09 AM
Mierelles wasnt getting in the team though was he?

He scored a few last year and did OK. For me though his overall game wasnt good enough.

Good business by Liverpool, got some use out of him and nothing lost.

That's how I'm looking at it. Yes he had a 3 month period scoring goals, but overall as a player he obviously wasn't rated.

Ringo
September 1st, 2011, 6:11 AM
Either Levy has the world's biggest balls and expects Chelsea to go back in with an even bigger offer in January, or he's an absolute moron. Allegedly turning down 40m for a player who doesn't want to play for the club anymore? Can't see him getting an offer like that again.

Or Modric suddenly has a change of heart and goes back to being class... but that looks unlikely at this point.

Alf
September 1st, 2011, 6:20 AM
You go on about keeping Modric as if he will go back to being a beast of player. He probably won't mail it in but I doubt he's going to have the desire/hunger to be as good as last year. Remember he thinks you're all a bunch of cunts who have basically held him hostage. Gotta love Spurs fans rejoicing at Modric staying when in reality it is a truly shocking piece of business by Levy to keep him there.

Ps Not really directing this towards you Alf, I just mean towards Spurs fans in general.

I totally agree with your first part.

A happy modric would be great, and maybe we could get a happy modric if we invested in some real quality.

None of the Spurs fans I know are 'celebrating' they either don't give a shit about modric now, or they think we should have gotten rid and used that money to invest heavily.

Thing is, the money is there, the wage bill has been slashed. Rumours are our lack of spending is because Levy wants rid of Harry. Harry could potentially go down in November for his tax naughty business, either that or he is off at the end of the season on England duty. Levy might get rid before Jan and then the new manager has money to spend. But then it could be that Levy is being tight with the cash because of the new stadium. Who knows.

Simon
September 1st, 2011, 6:23 AM

What choice does he have now? He can't do anything until January at the earliest and if he's not performing big teams won't want him. The signing of Meireles probably means Chelsea isn't an option for him in the future now, so he has no choice but to knuckle down. Whether he'll be able to play at 100% after all the horrible things that have afflicted the poor diddums this summer, he'll still be a top player for us.

There's a theory going around that this window's moves (keeping Modric despite a huge bid, not spending big money) is because we know Redknapp is going next summer and, if we sold Modric, we'd have to give Redknapp the money to spend on a replacement...the logic being that we keep him for a year, let him go next summer and allow the new manager to make his own signings.

Simon
September 1st, 2011, 6:24 AM
Or what Alf has said.