PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Andy
August 30th, 2011, 7:00 AM
Cuellar is decent but we shouldn't be going for someone cheap. It's ridiculous. I find it hard to believe Bolton could turn down anything more than around £12m for Cahill. Pay that. Pay up for Jagielka. We are at a stage where we just need to do what it takes to get quality players in, but I don't think we'll do it.

Mik
August 30th, 2011, 7:02 AM
Thats a bit shortsighted mate. Why should you pay over the odds and spunk all your money just because you're desperate?

Simon
August 30th, 2011, 7:04 AM
All these cheap alternatives are kind of missing the point to be fair. Cuellar, Onuoha etc might well be decent purchases but with £80m+ to spend they should be buying the absolute best centre back available to them.

Mik
August 30th, 2011, 7:06 AM
But with that amount of money they could fix all if not most of their problems, providing they spend it wisely. Anyone they buy for big money now wont be wise spending because they'll be paying hugely over the odds because everyone knows that they are desperate. They dont need one or two good players to compete, realistically they need 4 or 5. Pay over the odds now and you could end up with 2 and all the money is gone.

RFF Champ
August 30th, 2011, 7:08 AM
Wigan have signed Albert Crusat from Almeria. They're also being linked with GDS which I think would be a great signing and the type of player Martinez seems to like.

Moses-Rodellega-GDS would be an exciting front line.

MMH
August 30th, 2011, 7:33 AM
Arsenal could do a lot worse than Nedum Onuoha. Can't believe he is still at City and seemingly not wanted permanently by anyone, he's a very decent player IMO.

Yobo would be prefect for them. And cheap too. It amazes me that nobody at all in the Premier League has come in for him. And we need the cash too.

Ringo
August 30th, 2011, 7:34 AM
Arsenal could do a lot worse than Nedum Onuoha. Can't believe he is still at City and seemingly not wanted permanently by anyone, he's a very decent player IMO.

He has been in talks with some clubs. I heard he wanted to stay in the North West which is why he wasn't interested in joining QPR. Bolton was meant to be his likely destination.

Work permit hearings for Coates and Derek Boateng today. Boateng is apparently joining Fulham, just months after he signed for Dnipro.

Ringo
August 30th, 2011, 7:39 AM
bensmith_Times Ben Smith
File this one under 'you what?' Owen Hargreaves has reportedly had a medical at #MCFC today

wdhbjnkj

Bluemoon
August 30th, 2011, 7:45 AM
:spit:

RFF Champ
August 30th, 2011, 8:13 AM
He has been in talks with some clubs. I heard he wanted to stay in the North West which is why he wasn't interested in joining QPR. Bolton was meant to be his likely destination.

Work permit hearings for Coates and Derek Boateng today. Boateng is apparently joining Fulham, just months after he signed for Dnipro.

That Boateng one is strange. Perhaps it means the end of Murphy but Jol has already signed Gecov and Kasami who play centrally. For the money he will cost I'd have thought a striker and a winger would have been prioritised.

Joe Cole in talks for a loan to Lille.

Rip
August 30th, 2011, 8:18 AM
Sochaux's president has said that we can sign Maiga if they get a replacement and they have Max Gradel in mind.

In talks, fingers crossed as Erding says he's staying put.

Santon and Elliot sorting out personal terms then deals done, both have already had 'the tour'.

Rip
August 30th, 2011, 8:22 AM
Federico Machedas' agent claims he's in talks with us and QPR over a season loan.

RFF Champ
August 30th, 2011, 8:22 AM
Santon is already walking around in nufc training gear according to Lee Ryder. I'm really surprised that this all seems to be coming together.

Now all we need to do is make sure Ashley's helicopter stays grounded and doesn't fly Tiote off to Chelsea tomorrow evening.

Rip
August 30th, 2011, 8:26 AM
Interview with Tiote in the Chronicle, he's pretty emphatic he's going nowhere.

Alf
August 30th, 2011, 8:29 AM
Hargreaves to Man City, Joe Cole to Lille, QPR bid for Crouch. It's all GO GO GO.

When does the window close? I'm bored.

Oh, and Muntari to spurs has reared it's ugly head again.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 30th, 2011, 8:30 AM
ECG said the other day that he's fallen out of favour. All I know is he was fucking special on football manager a couple of years ago.

Just got to hope that he's decent at left back. Ryan Taylor's start to the season has been very good so it was a bit of a worry that we wouldn't sign another full back.

Here's the article I was on about:

http://blogs.thescore.com/footyblog/2011/04/05/bandini-davide-santons-fall-from-stardom/

RFF Champ
August 30th, 2011, 8:38 AM
Interesting read. It seems he is quite fragile but given the pressure and hype which has surrounded him at such a young age it doesn't surprise me that he struggled with it.

I hope the Newcastle fans give him time, and I think they will, because it's a transfer that could be really worthwhile for us.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 30th, 2011, 8:53 AM
He's still only 20 so it's a great signing for Newcastle. A possibly inspired piece of business. If he fufills his potential then Newcastle will have a good player for a couple of seasons and most likely make a big profit, if not then £5 million isn't a massive risk and he'll still retain some sell-on value.

Alf
August 30th, 2011, 8:57 AM
Is it a proper transfer then? I thought it was a loan deal. Mental.

Rip
August 30th, 2011, 9:01 AM
We've picked up some cracking players this window to be fair, how we got him and Obertan in particular...?

Simon
August 30th, 2011, 9:04 AM
Yeah I thought it was a loan as well. Can't see the logic of Newcastle getting all these fragile minds into that circus. PaddyPower will be taking bets on who kills themself first out of him and Obertan.

Simon
August 30th, 2011, 9:08 AM
Oh also Andy you said earlier that Arsenal's supposed £6m bid for Cahill was confirmed not to be true, but the Guardian mentioned that figure (rising to £10m based on them winning trophies they aren't likely to win) three times. It also seems odd that Phil Gartside mentioned that fee, while Wenger who professes not to know too much about the financial side of things claimed it was a lie.

Then again The Guardian variously 'confirms' that Korean lad from Monaco signing for £10m or £1.8m depending on which column you read first.

EDIT: Mertesacker having a medical according to the BBC. I disagree with you lot and think he will be at worst an experienced head to stop the rot. Also Jean Makoun has left Villa for Olympiacos. Weird how indifferent he turned out to be, he was unbelievable in France a few years back and I expected big things from him at Villa.

MMH
August 30th, 2011, 9:16 AM
Mertesacker could do OK I reckon. He is comfortable on the ball and obviously solid in the air. Ridiculously slow though.

Andy
August 30th, 2011, 9:25 AM
Mertesacker is just the wrong fit. Unless we're planning on changing our system (ie stop playing such a ridiculous high line) then he could be an unmitigated disaster.

Simon, everything I've read suggests the bid was for a total of at least £10m. It's unlike Wenger to come out and confront someone over it so I'm inclined to believe him. Gartside is a lying dickhead and it's funny how he's gone quiet since Wenger had a go. It just reeks of him trying to start an auction.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 30th, 2011, 9:32 AM
Owen Hargreaves is a fucking CUNT.

Simon
August 30th, 2011, 9:35 AM
It is believed that Arsenal have raised their initial verbal offer of £6million to £10million and Spurs will be looking to rival that, aided by a number of outgoings before the transfer window closes.

Arsène Wenger made his original offer for Cahill, a long-term target, last week but saw a bid of just £6 million rejected out of hand by their Premier League rivals. Though the defender has a £17 million buy-out clause in his contract, Coyle would accept a compromise figure of around £12 million.

There is a stronger possibility that he will close a deal for Cahill, despite sparking an argument with Bolton last week over his opening offer of £6m rising to £10m on performance-related goals. Wanderers described that as "derisory".

The 5-1 home defeat to Manchester City underlined their need to bring in defensive re-inforcements and manager Harry Redknapp is hopeful of outbidding Arsenal who have improved their opening verbal offer to £10million.

Wenger has tabled an offer of just £6million, plus extras, for the England international, which is roughly a THIRD of Bolton's valuation on their classy centre-half.

Bolton boss Coyle dismissed Gunners' £7million bid last week — £10m less than a release clause in the defender's contract.

Bolton manager Owen Coyle confirmed that the team had rejected Arsenal's reported £7m bid for Cahill, stating the bid was far from the original valuation.

All the major papers (plus the Metro) except the Mail are in agreement that it was £6-7m. Does "everything I've read" amount to wilfully ignorant Arsenal blogs?
[/quote]

Andy
August 30th, 2011, 9:36 AM
And I'm not saying £10m is a fair bid, it's predictably tight from Arsenal, but I don't believe the bid was as low as £6m. I think 12-15m total would be fair in this market.

Also there is absolutely no way we are paying 10m for Park. Lille had a bid of 3m + 2m variables accepted. Why on earth would we then agree to pay 10? Load of shite. Park looks decent but it also reeks of panic. That Joel Campbell gets denied a work permit and all of a sudden we've signed a player we've never previously been linked to.

Murphy
August 30th, 2011, 9:37 AM
Didn't Utd release Hargreaves?

Simon
August 30th, 2011, 9:38 AM
Links don't mean anything, particularly not with Wenger. He always pulls random signings out of the bag. Gervinho aside, when was the last time you signed a player after a protracted wrangle? Chamakh technically but only because he was seeing his contract out until he could sign for nothing.

Rip
Didn't Utd release Hargreaves?

Yup, Fergie won't be a happy man right now...

RFF Champ
It suits those newspaper's agenda to say that it was £6mil. I doubt even Arsenal would bid £6mil basic for Cahill.

MMH
August 30th, 2011, 9:39 AM
Mertesacker is just the wrong fit. Unless we're planning on changing our system (ie stop playing such a ridiculous high line) then he could be an unmitigated disaster.

Simon, everything I've read suggests the bid was for a total of at least £10m. It's unlike Wenger to come out and confront someone over it so I'm inclined to believe him. Gartside is a lying dickhead and it's funny how he's gone quiet since Wenger had a go. It just reeks of him trying to start an auction.

Yeah that high line conceded 8 goals this weekend, it may be best to change that.

Mertsesacker is a lot better footballer than people give him credit for, but yeah his athleticism aint the best. At least he is looking at buying a player in the correct position I suppose.

Andy
August 30th, 2011, 9:40 AM
Most of the papers handily neglect the bunch of extras offered which would've taken the deal well over 10m. I wish we'd just offer them what they want and get it done anyway. Why do you care so much? Any more news on Diarra? I hope we nip in and sign him.

Simon
If he wasn't willing to resign him without a fee, why would he care if City sign him? Obviously he think s he isn't worth the hassle. For City he's a decent signing though, irrelevant wages and a good player when needed.

Simon
If he wasn't willing to resign him without a fee, why would he care if City sign him? Obviously he think s he isn't worth the hassle. For City he's a decent signing though, irrelevant wages and a good player when needed/available.

Keano's Magic Hat
He was released because Sir Alex couldn't guarantee him games, and thought it would be best for his career to have a new start somewhere with less pressure. I don't think he was expecting him to go and sign for the divs.

Owen Hargreaves was paid 80k a week for three years for sitting on his arse and giving nothing back to the club, and all the while took advantage of the clubs medical team that has managed to patch him back into a state where he feels he can once again play football.. and he goes and signs for our rivals.

He is classless, fucking scum. City will do absolutely anything to 'get one over' United, even signing former players who are wheelchair bound. I genuinely hope he never plays again, or if he does he gets taken out by Wes Brown special.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 30th, 2011, 9:43 AM
Why do Arsenal want mertesacker? he is complete shite

Rip
August 30th, 2011, 9:46 AM
Why do Arsenal want mertesacker? he is complete shite

Tall though

Canuck
August 30th, 2011, 9:49 AM
He was released because Sir Alex couldn't guarantee him games, and thought it would be best for his career to have a new start somewhere with less pressure. I don't think he was expecting him to go and sign for the divs.

Owen Hargreaves was paid 80k a week for three years for sitting on his arse and giving nothing back to the club, and all the while took advantage of the clubs medical team that has managed to patch him back into a state where he feels he can once again play football.. and he goes and signs for our rivals.

He is classless, fucking scum. City will do absolutely anything to 'get one over' United, even signing former players who are wheelchair bound. I genuinely hope he never plays again, or if he does he gets taken out by Wes Brown special.

You're just realizing this now? The cunt should be a Canadian International...

...oh.

MikeHunt
August 30th, 2011, 10:48 AM

did hargreaves not say that he offered to stay at utd and play for free but they didn't want him?

don't really understand what your problem is utd didn't want him city did.

Andy
August 30th, 2011, 10:53 AM
Sky reporting Wenger has called off any chance of the Cahill deal going ahead. Gartside's comments must've really pissed him off.

Simon
August 30th, 2011, 11:00 AM
We're well in for Cahill apparently. If Wenger is pulling out of necessary deals because of something stupid like that, it really does make you feel like he's actually lost it now rather than just stubbornly sticking to his guns the way he used to. Even after six years without a trophy sacking him would have been unthinkable at the end of last season, but right now it almost seems like he needs to be moved upstairs and put out of his misery.

Andy
August 30th, 2011, 11:04 AM
We're bidding for just about every player on the planet by the sounds of it. We might not get any of them and they might all be shite but this is great fun...I've never experienced anything like this before!

RFF Champ
August 30th, 2011, 11:09 AM
We're bidding for just about every player on the planet by the sounds of it. We might not get any of them and they might all be shite but this is great fun...I've never experienced anything like this before!

Same for us the past couple of days :D we've made permanent or loan bids for three full backs, three strikers and two goalkeepers over the past day or two.

If you sign 4 players on 30k a week at the end of the window then you save around 750k in wages if you had signed them at the start of the summer.

Beefy
did hargreaves not say that he offered to stay at utd and play for free but they didn't want him?

don't really understand what your problem is utd didn't want him city did.

Exactly. Once United decided that they didn't want him he's free to go wherever he wants. Why the fuck should he have to go to West Brom or Stoke if a Champions League side wants him?

Simon
It is great fun when you're only experiencing it for two days before the window shuts, we have this EVERY SINGLE DAY of EVERY SINGLE WINDOW.

Simon
August 30th, 2011, 11:12 AM
Same for us the past couple of days :D we've made permanent or loan bids for three full backs, three strikers and two goalkeepers over the past day or two.

If you sign 4 players on 30k a week at the end of the window then you save around 750k in wages if you had signed them at the start of the summer.

But could potentially lose points in the first three games that could cost you millions by the end of the season (not in your case obviously as you've had a good start)...I mean, if you want to expand your point to it's logical conclusion, if you don't sign those players at all then you save yourselves £6m over the course of a year but would presumably be worse off for it.

RFF Champ
August 30th, 2011, 11:22 AM
But could potentially lose points in the first three games that could cost you millions by the end of the season (not in your case obviously as you've had a good start)...I mean, if you want to expand your point to it's logical conclusion, if you don't sign those players at all then you save yourselves £6m over the course of a year but would presumably be worse off for it.

I'm just speculating it as an excuse as to why we're doing it. We knew Enrique was leaving in February, Carroll left in January yet we're doing business for a striker today. My guess is it's to do with wages.

The second part is illogical. 3 games without replacements won't ruin your season yet an entire season without replacements would. These signings are to enhance the squad, as well as the first team. You don't need a large squad when playing 4 games in 3 weeks but you do over an entire season.

Simon
August 30th, 2011, 11:29 AM
But equally is it worth saving a (relatively) small sum like £750k and not have these players for the first few games which could have a big impact on the rest of the season?

I appreciate your point if you're only talking about squad players but personally I think games at the start of the season are arguably more important than any others in terms of the impact they can have on future games - a bad start to the season can be very difficult to get over, and it's easy to get yourselves stuck in a certain part of the division and the mindset that goes with that position for much of the season.

We've only played two games against the likely top two and it already feels like the possibility of a Champions League spot is slipping away from us, whereas losing those two games midway through the season would feel like little more than a setback. If we'd had, say, Adebayor in for the City game (not the best example as he would be ineligible whenever we played them), maybe he puts in the header Crouch missed at 1-0 and it's a different game.

Come the end of the season, for most teams there's less than three points separating them from moving a spot or two up in the league, which could mean the difference between a title and no title, Champions League and Europa League, European football and no European football or even Premier League or Championship next year, let alone the increased £2m or so you get for each position you climb in the league...a lot to risk just to save £750k or so.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 30th, 2011, 11:30 AM
Signing players close to the end of the window undoubtedly drives the fee up because the team selling has very little incentive to weaken their own squad at that stage. I guess that would negate any saving on several weeks wages.

Alf
August 30th, 2011, 11:32 AM
I despise the way we do business.

Simon
August 30th, 2011, 11:34 AM
Now that we've got Adebayor in I'm relatively happy with the window. Obviously a couple more top signings would be lovely but on paper we have a really strong first eleven and a good squad now. We're probably behind Liverpool for fourth at the moment, but Arsenal are obviously having major problems and Chelsea haven't exactly been impressive despite their position...but we have had a shitty shit shit start to the season so fuck knows.

RFF Champ
August 30th, 2011, 11:36 AM
But equally is it worth saving a (relatively) small sum like £750k and not have these players for the first few games which could have a big impact on the rest of the season?

I appreciate your point if you're only talking about squad players but personally I think games at the start of the season are arguably more important than any others in terms of the impact they can have on future games - a bad start to the season can be very difficult to get over, and it's easy to get yourselves stuck in a certain part of the division and the mindset that goes with that position for much of the season.

We've only played two games against the likely top two and it already feels like the possibility of a Champions League spot is slipping away from us, whereas losing those two games midway through the season would feel like little more than a setback. If we'd had, say, Adebayor in for the City game (not the best example as he would be ineligible whenever we played them), maybe he puts in the header Crouch missed at 1-0 and it's a different game.

Come the end of the season, for most teams there's less than three points separating them from moving a spot or two up in the league, which could mean the difference between a title and no title, Champions League and Europa League, European football and no European football or even Premier League or Championship next year, let alone the increased £2m or so you get for each position you climb in the league...a lot to risk just to save £750k or so.

I would have much preferred to have done the business before the season started and you also have to consider that supporters would be more positive about the situation and our attendances wouldn't have been so poor. Some fans were genuinely suggesting that we're tapping up all these players so we get put under transfer embargo and therefore don't spend money.

I'm just offering it as a reason why I think Ashley is waiting until this point to complete these transfers.

Signing players close to the end of the window undoubtedly drives the fee up because the team selling has very little incentive to weaken their own squad at that stage. I guess that would negate any saving on several weeks wages.

I don't think this has happened for us although it's a fair point. I doubt we'd have ever got Santon for less than 5mil, for example. We don't know which striker we'll get in though. One of the BBC's journalists is reporting that Sochaux have said talks have ended with Gradel and Maiga won't leave.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 30th, 2011, 11:41 AM
Your theory works if the team selling wants rid of the player, as Inter seem to with Santon. However, it could also backfire since he has been also linked with Roma. Personally I think it's just bad management that so many transfers are completed very close to the deadline. Brinkmanship taken way too far.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 30th, 2011, 11:52 AM
Macheda to Newcastle on loan

Ringo
August 30th, 2011, 12:23 PM
Personally I'm enjoying Leicester's desperate search for a striker. £6.5m bid for Jelavic turned down appaz.

Simon
August 30th, 2011, 12:24 PM
They went to £5m for Maynard as well. Surprised they haven't asked for Crouch or Defoe at this rate.

son_of_foley
August 30th, 2011, 12:28 PM
6.5m for Jelavic? LOLZ

Simon
August 30th, 2011, 12:30 PM
Weren't United linked with Jelavic at the start of the summer for like £20m? Is he any good?

Ringo
August 30th, 2011, 12:32 PM
Off the top of my head they've tried to sign Yakubu, Santa Cruz, Long, Miller, Maynard, Andy Johnson, Baldock and Jelavic over the last few weeks. Doesn't look as though any of them will/have come off.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 30th, 2011, 12:32 PM
He linked himself with United.

son_of_foley
August 30th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Maybe by Jelavic himself.

He's awful. Passable finisher but I think his movement and touch is shiteeee

And don't forget I'm the nations #1 target man spotter

son_of_foley
August 30th, 2011, 12:34 PM
In a world where Jelavic is worth more than 6.5m what the fuck is Gary Hooper worth now

Andy
August 30th, 2011, 12:35 PM
Guys did you know sof doesn't rate Jelavic as highly as Kyle Lafferty or Benjani? (Only joking mate.)

I think Jelavic is decent but Rangers is his level. Just a finisher really, doesn't offer much else. But he's good at what he does.

son_of_foley
August 30th, 2011, 12:36 PM
He's not that good though. He's really not unless it's the process of negotiating I would worry about Rangers turning down that money. They could go out and buy a couple of strikers as good if not better for 6.5m

son_of_foley
August 30th, 2011, 12:38 PM
also he's actually not better than Laffs. Put that cunt on the wing and see how he would get on. Lazy cunt.

Ringo
August 30th, 2011, 12:44 PM
SkyGraemeBailey Graeme Bailey
Arsenal have made an enquiry for Fiorentina star Juan Manuel Vargas, skysports.com understands. #afc

Obviously they're making enquiries about every player ever right now, but I love Vargas. Man is a lunatic. Hope they don't get him.

Simon
August 30th, 2011, 12:46 PM
I thought they were signing Andre Santos from Fenerbahce? He's a good player, hope they don't get him either.

Ringo
August 30th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Vargas is more versatile though, can play in midfield, so maybe they want both? Or this is left over from yesterday when they started enquiring about left backs.

also:

garyalsmith Gary
Israeli media reporting Benayoun would have a medical at....Spurs. #afc #thfc
6 minutes ago

Fourth_Official Fourth Official
Reports in Israel are reporting that Benayoun will have a medical for Tottenham tonight #THFC
8 minutes ago

Reports in Israel claim Yossi Benayoun is Spurs bound and will fly to London tonight, but Liverpool and Aston Villa still in the mix...

Andy
August 30th, 2011, 12:52 PM
Sunderland have bid TEN MILLION POUNDS for Peter Crouch :lol:!

Also I reckon Santos will be left back. Anyone else will be a winger to replace fatty lazy Arshavin.

Simon
August 30th, 2011, 12:54 PM
It's outrageous that Arsenal are a day away from the deadline with no left back. Gibbs cannot be relied upon to play a full match let alone a full season and they now have NO ONE else, with Traore leaving today. If this was any other manager people would practically be speculating about sabotage at this point. Only one first-team right back as well in Sagna, Jenkinson looks nowhere near ready for the level he is playing at.

One thing I will say positive about Arsenal, Walcott has looked superb so far this season and Wenger appears ready to finally unleash him as a striker where he is clearly superior - it's an obvious comparison to make, but the way he comes in from the left is very reminiscent of Henry. He seems to have stepped up to become a bit of a leader of the team as well, dishing out a well-deserved bollocking to Jenkinson after having to clear up his mess early in the first half on Sunday. Would be great to see him kick on now and eradicate the inconsistencies in his game.

Ringo
August 30th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Steve Bruce ffs. Ridiculous.

Ringo
August 30th, 2011, 12:55 PM
GAGO GON ROMA

Andy
August 30th, 2011, 12:56 PM
We're panic buying Andre Santos, Simon. :cool:

McBain
August 30th, 2011, 12:59 PM
Probably been mentioned but Hargreaves to City :eek:

Was hoping Villa would take a punt on him. :cry:

Simon
Getting a superior player to the one you sold for less money can't be called panic buying surely. I'm just glad City went for Clichy instead of my man Disco Benny, who for my money has been the second best left back in the league over the past couple of years after Cuntley.

Ringo
Sky confirm Yakubu has snubbed Blackburn, what the hell is the guy doing? Hes currently playing for Everton reserves #EFC

It IS Blackburn though.

Andy
August 30th, 2011, 1:09 PM
Disagree on Walcott. He's been playing well but his tracking back has been utterly abysmal. Thought it was really terrible of him to f and blind at Jenkinson on the one occasion he decided to help out.

MMH
August 30th, 2011, 1:12 PM
I despise the way we do business.

At least you bloody do business.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 30th, 2011, 1:12 PM
Jenkinson looked much better against Udinese last week, I think he was hung out to dry a bit at Old Trafford by his more senior team mates and Arsenal's lack of protection in midfield. A lot of full-backs are going to get mangled by United's forward play, but most will have more support than Jenkinson did. The foul that led to his red card on Sunday came directly from Djorou making a fucking ludicrous attempt at playing offside, a real tidal wave of bollocks dropped everywhere.

MMH
August 30th, 2011, 1:13 PM
Sky confirm Yakubu has snubbed Blackburn, what the hell is the guy doing? Hes currently playing for Everton reserves #EFC

It IS Blackburn though.

Venkys probably didnt have enough Chickens to feed him.

Simon
August 30th, 2011, 1:15 PM
Yakubu is on big bunce as well isn't he?

Rip
August 30th, 2011, 1:24 PM
Santon in on 5 years deal.....although club hasn't confirmed yet

Andy
August 30th, 2011, 1:26 PM
I'll be really annoyed if Spurs end up getting Cahill.

Hlebsfall
August 30th, 2011, 1:27 PM
Hleb is going to Wolfsburg. We should have brought him home.

Bad Collin
August 30th, 2011, 1:30 PM
I'll be really annoyed if Spurs end up getting Cahill.

I have now idea why Arsenal haven't bought him, especially if Mertersacker is costing 10 million

Simon
August 30th, 2011, 1:30 PM
Just what you need, another half-arsed creative mid with no balls.

Simon
August 30th, 2011, 1:31 PM
Cahill really isn't that great IMO.

Andy
Where have you heard Mertersacker will cost 10m?

Hlebsfall
Skills to pay the bills.

Rip
August 30th, 2011, 1:33 PM
Sunderland have bid TEN MILLION POUNDS for Peter Crouch :lol:!.

Best part of this is that 'a club insider' said the two clubs were way apart in terms of his value :eek:

'arry probably thought there was no way he'd pay them that much to get rid of the lanky tit.

Bad Collin
August 30th, 2011, 1:33 PM
Cahill really isn't that great IMO.

He has always looked good when I have seen him, he knows the league too.

Where have you heard Mertersacker will cost 10m?

Here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/30/arsenal-per-mertesacker-andre-santos

Apaz, Parker has handed in a transfer request.

Rip
August 30th, 2011, 1:35 PM
Apaz, Parker has handed in a transfer request.

Off to spurs, he's asking the fans to understand.

Bad Collin
August 30th, 2011, 1:36 PM
Fair enough I think. It will be interesting to see how he gets on there.

Rip
August 30th, 2011, 1:37 PM
Solid player, works his arse off for the team and scores important goals, should make spurs a better side.

Lagom
August 30th, 2011, 1:41 PM
Papa Bouba Diop already signed up to replace him. Seems like a decent fit for a Championship side. Remember him looking a beast in his first season or so

Murphy
August 30th, 2011, 1:48 PM
Getting a superior player to the one you sold for less money can't be called panic buying surely. I'm just glad City went for Clichy instead of my man Disco Benny, who for my money has been the second best left back in the league over the past couple of years after Cuntley.

I have to admit, I'm a big fan of Ekotto these days. :yes:

Gary J
August 30th, 2011, 1:48 PM
Scott Parker won't improve Spurs he's ok but no better then Huddlestone or Sandro. All the hype about a few decent performances in a poor West Ham team has made people think he's better then he actually is. It's like when everyone thought Joe Cole was needed in the England team at the last World Cup.

MMH
August 30th, 2011, 1:56 PM
Yakubu is on big bunce as well isn't he?

Not really. 45k a week or so.

Big enough for me to be pissed off that its being spent on nothing though.

Id just play him, we cant do worse than Anichebe.

da_man
August 30th, 2011, 2:14 PM
Conspiracy theories abound but it seems Steve Kean has been cut out of the loop on transfers and Mrs Desai is working on bringing in players on the advice of someone she has lined up to be the new manager. She's vetoed the two deals Kean had lined up and that is why we're pursuing Liam Ridgewell, Nedum Onouha, David N'Gog, Scott Dann and Yakubu today.

Rumour has it Kean flies out to India on Thursday and will be put on gardening leave. :fingersx:

Gary J
August 30th, 2011, 2:18 PM
Who would you want in?

MACE
August 30th, 2011, 2:19 PM
Any rumours on the new manager?

BBF
August 30th, 2011, 2:21 PM
Big fat Sam Allardyce.

Gary J
August 30th, 2011, 2:26 PM
There will probably be rumors of Mark Hughes before Chris Coleman gets appointed.

da_man
August 30th, 2011, 2:27 PM
Mark Hughes has been linked but cannot see him coming back for all the chicken in Mumbai.

I'd take anyone right now who isn't that back-stabbing, drink-driving, corrupt (allegedly), bullshitter.

da_man
August 30th, 2011, 2:28 PM
Somebody who claims to have a source inside Venky's in India says a Welsh manager is being lined up. Sparky is the obvious one and Coleman is already employed somewhere abroad.

Gary J
August 30th, 2011, 2:40 PM
It's got to be John Toshack coming in then.

Simon
August 30th, 2011, 2:48 PM
Few bits of Spurs info.

Parker medical now

Wilson done [to Stoke]

just needs to sign paperwork

hutton thrashing out personal terms [with Villa]

Dos Santos still waiting on Seville

Crouch tug of war - levy trying to drive price up...

Few teams involved...

poss may still be here though as doesnt want to go

offer in for gomes but he wants to stay

still talking to BBurn for Samba.. I have no news on Cahill though

[Leandro Damiao] is complicated deal.. poss but prob Jan now if still happening

Gary J
August 30th, 2011, 3:03 PM
It will have to be January for Damiao as the brazilian transfer window is shut.

Mik
August 30th, 2011, 3:05 PM
I dont know why Steve Bruce has a hard on for Peter Crouch.

I do not want Peter Crouch. He doesnt want to be in the North East. Its all simple.

Andy
August 30th, 2011, 3:53 PM
A few whispers we're preparing a bid for Xherdan Shaqiri. I'd love that.

TraXX
August 30th, 2011, 4:09 PM
Even buying Shakira would improve your team...

Too much? :p

MACE
August 30th, 2011, 4:16 PM
I bet it's certainly improved Pique's 'performance'.

Lucky bastard.

eldanielfire
August 30th, 2011, 5:18 PM
I dont know why Steve Bruce has a hard on for Peter Crouch.

I do not want Peter Crouch. He doesnt want to be in the North East. Its all simple.

For some reason in football there ahs always been that assumption that because he is weirld tall he must be impossible to defend against and he will head in multiple goals every game. Regardless of the fact it is assumed against all obserable evidence and that actually shows he is ironically shit at headers, this perception has remained with him his whole career. Which goes to show many football managers and commentators are essentially jumped up P.E. teachers when it comes to their knowledge of the game.

Simon
August 30th, 2011, 5:19 PM
Fulham have agreed a fee for Bryan Ruiz, great signing if true, surprised a bigger team aren't in for him. Go on BMJ.

Rip
August 30th, 2011, 5:22 PM
Rob Elliot confirmed tonight as well, pretty sure that'll be :sadwave: to Harps

El Capitano Gatisto
August 30th, 2011, 5:22 PM
I see Raphael Honigstein on the Guardian Twitter thing saying Arsenal turned down the chance to sign Pjanic from Lyon. Haven't seen much of him in action but he has been extremely highly rated and linked with every top side in Europe a few years ago before he went to Lyon. He's a attacking midfield play-maker.

Simon
August 30th, 2011, 5:26 PM
I just read he's going to Roma for €8m, they've made some great moves this summer. Kept De Rossi and got Osvaldo, Bojan, Stekelenburg and now Pjanic.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 30th, 2011, 5:28 PM
Seems a very reasonable fee, weird that Wenger didn't fancy a punt on him at that (although it probably would infuriate fans). Maybe he should bang in a big for Gourcuff if Lyon are trying to get a bit of cash in the bank.

Andy
August 30th, 2011, 5:36 PM
Gourcuff seems to have gone off the boil. I've read a lot of reports that seem to suggest it just hasn't gone very well at Lyon and he doesn't look like the player he was at Bordeaux. I'd rather we went for Marvin Martin.

Simon
August 30th, 2011, 5:45 PM
SSN reckons we have signed Parker.

MACE
August 30th, 2011, 6:20 PM
Jesus, bitter much!

Hargreaves transfer to City...

http://www.manutdtalk.com/owen-hargreaves-hang-your-head/2437/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ManutdtalkBlog+%28Man+Utd+Tal k+Blog%29

Gangers
August 30th, 2011, 6:31 PM
Don't really get all this shit with Hargreaves. The same people getting their panties in a bunch about this are probably the same people who couldn't fathom Liverpool fans' decision to have a minute's silence for Michael Owen signing for United.

Also, don't remember a great furore when Silvestre went to Arsenal who at the time were a top 3 team, or Veron to Chelsea when they were in that position and rightly so because it's a nothing signing. Who fucking cares? Fuck him, he's got about three games max in him before his plastic knees shatter and he is forced into retirement. He's not been part of United's set up for years, it's not like Tevez at all.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 30th, 2011, 6:32 PM
I agree with most of that. Owen Hargreaves is a cunt.

Still talk about United being in for Sneijder, but I'm not sure if I'd even like him here now :eek: I know I'm quite probably getting a bit carried away with our start to the season, but this is the most excited I've been about a United team in years. I don't think we need Sneijder.

Edit: Gangers, why are you talking about Arsenal and Chelsea? Fucking hell, that kind of thinking is why I struggle with fans who clearly weren't raised in Manchester, and have no real affinity to the place besides its football team. The kind whose only experience of a gloating City fan is a 5 second clip on Sky sports news. You don't half talk some shit.. since when have Chelsea or Arsenal been our rivals, anyway?

also, the other day you called Liverpool's champions league victory 'inspiring'. i don't know what to make of it all. very odd.

Ringo
August 30th, 2011, 6:41 PM
Fulham have agreed a fee for Bryan Ruiz, great signing if true, surprised a bigger team aren't in for him.

Absolutely. Hope he does really well here.

Bad Collin
August 30th, 2011, 6:55 PM
Today was quietly a good day for Liverpool. Coates got his work permit and has signed a long term deal, I am excited to see how he does.

We also look like clearing some deadwood, Poulson looks to be going to Evain and Cole to Lille. Ngog is probably going to Bolton for 4 million. I wanted Insua and Aqua to get a chance but they have gone as well.

I wonder if there is one more signing to be made tomorrow, we could do with another striker if Ngog is off.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 30th, 2011, 7:09 PM
I see journos on Twitter flinging about that Gyan is on his way to Galatasaray for less than Sunderland signed him for. That would be a strange one.

Mik
August 30th, 2011, 7:11 PM
Nothing cunty about Hargraves going to Man City in my opinion. He offered to play for you for free.

Mik
August 30th, 2011, 7:15 PM
I see journos on Twitter flinging about that Gyan is on his way to Galatasaray for less than Sunderland signed him for. That would be a strange one.

Since he's been signed and has done rather well, I've never yet seen him linked to a move for anywhere over £10m. He hasnt failed, we cant get any better for less. Why would we accept at least £3m less than we've paid for him? Just doesnt make sense.

Bluemoon
August 30th, 2011, 7:23 PM
Today was quietly a good day for Liverpool. Coates got his work permit and has signed a long term deal, I am excited to see how he does.

We also look like clearing some deadwood, Poulson looks to be going to Evain and Cole to Lille. Ngog is probably going to Bolton for 4 million. I wanted Insua and Aqua to get a chance but they have gone as well.

I wonder if there is one more signing to be made tomorrow, we could do with another striker if Ngog is off.

Strong rumours from our end that you will bid late for Adam Johnson? You heard anything? Or you heard anything Chris Scott?

Bluemoon
August 30th, 2011, 7:25 PM
Yeah nothing wrong if Owen wants to join us.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 30th, 2011, 7:36 PM
Since he's been signed and has done rather well, I've never yet seen him linked to a move for anywhere over £10m. He hasnt failed, we cant get any better for less. Why would we accept at least £3m less than we've paid for him? Just doesnt make sense.

Duncan Castles is where it originated from apparently, he's hinting that Gyan has pissed off Steve Bruce or something. We'll see I suppose. He says the fee will be €6 million plus add-ons.

Mik
August 30th, 2011, 7:38 PM
Hahaha. Less than half the price we paid for him? No chance. Even if Bruce is pissed off with him, he'd be strung up for pissing away money when he could easily get a better deal for him.

turdpower
August 30th, 2011, 7:54 PM
Nothing cunty about Hargraves going to Man City in my opinion. He offered to play for you for free.

Was this actually confirmed?

Bad Collin
August 30th, 2011, 7:55 PM
Strong rumours from our end that you will bid late for Adam Johnson? You heard anything? Or you heard anything Chris Scott?

I have heard nothing, I would love it if we bought AJ though.

Bluemoon
August 30th, 2011, 7:59 PM
Can't see us selling him, but if we do Bobby will probably want about £20m for him.

Bad Collin
August 30th, 2011, 8:00 PM
The Guardian are saying this:

Sunderland, Everton and Bolton Wanderers are all in the market for Manchester City winger Adam Johnson.

Fuck that lot, if he's available we should go for it.

Bluemoon
August 30th, 2011, 8:44 PM
Everton? What could they offer us?

S.C.O.S.E.
August 30th, 2011, 9:20 PM
I just read he's going to Roma for €8m, they've made some great moves this summer. Kept De Rossi and got Osvaldo, Bojan, Stekelenburg and now Pjanic.

They got Erik Lamela too, a rather exquisite Argentinian prospect.

If Football Manager is anything to go by he'll be pretty darn good.

MMH
August 31st, 2011, 3:07 AM
Everton? What could they offer us?

Nothing, it would be a loan and thats it no doubt.

Gangers
August 31st, 2011, 3:10 AM
Edit: Gangers, why are you talking about Arsenal and Chelsea? Fucking hell, that kind of thinking is why I struggle with fans who clearly weren't raised in Manchester, and have no real affinity to the place besides its football team. The kind whose only experience of a gloating City fan is a 5 second clip on Sky sports news. You don't half talk some shit.. since when have Chelsea or Arsenal been our rivals, anyway?

Arsenal and Chelsea have been our rivals since we've been sparring with them for the title for 15 and 10 years respectively. It's different to a local rivalry, I realise, but they are rivals nonetheless.

I just don't really care about some no-mark like Hargreaves fucking off to City - how could a City fan possibly gloat about it? Yeah you've done wonders there fellas, a player who has a fear of playing football so bad that trying to do it actually causes him to get injured. If it was Rooney, I'd be incensed.

RuneEdge
August 31st, 2011, 3:43 AM
So what are you saying? It's the quality of the player that counts, where Rooney would piss you off more than Hargo?

Ringo
August 31st, 2011, 3:48 AM
TWITTER GOSS:

- Jerome to Stoke agreed. Probably Ridgewell too.
- SWP to QPR agreed.
- Wigan signing Beausejour from B'ham.
- Few Prem clubs chasing Andre-Pierre Gignac.
- Newcastle not giving up on Cisse.
- Macheda AND Gibson to Newcastle on loan.
- If Gyan leaves, Sunderland will go for Bendtner.
- Rodallega to Stoke.

Ringo
August 31st, 2011, 4:11 AM
also Arsenal enquired about Mikel Arteta

Simon
August 31st, 2011, 4:19 AM
How are you mans keeping up with the happenings today? I'm on the BBC transfer watch, plus obviously the Spurs ITK forum...wasn't there previously a place you could watch SSN online?

Ringo
August 31st, 2011, 4:30 AM
twitter is the best if you're following the right sources :yes:

MACE
August 31st, 2011, 4:32 AM
I'm in Spain and tried to sign into SkyGo so I can watch TV "anywhere".
It means anywhere in the UK :(

I'll just be on my iPod (connected wifi) whilst chillin at the pool and refreshing Sky Sports and Twitter all day probably.

Simon
August 31st, 2011, 4:33 AM
I have FourthOfficial plus various Guardian/Times/Indy sources, anyone else to bother with?

Ringo
August 31st, 2011, 4:37 AM
SkySports, SkyGraemeBailey, James_Fielden, TheRealFbloke, FreddieBoswell7, OliverKayTimes, glen9mullan, SebWalke, garyalsmith (african players especially), ESPN_Stoke

-

Reports in France claim that Fulham, Blackburn, Everton, Genoa and Olympiakos are all trying to sign Marseille's Andre-Pierre Gignac on-loan

RFF Champ
August 31st, 2011, 5:01 AM
Fulham have agreed a fee for Bryan Ruiz, great signing if true, surprised a bigger team aren't in for him. Go on BMJ.

The record of their last two 10mil strikers is astonishing. From memory it was Marlet at 11 goals in 4 years and Andy Johnson at 13 goals in 3 years.

I love Jol's outlook to life. Straight after Fulham had been spunked by Wolves he was on the pitch with a huge grin on his face hugging and laughing with Jamie O'Hara.

turdpower
August 31st, 2011, 5:09 AM
When is this being put up, BlueMoon?

http://www.offthepost.info/wp-content/uploads/Owen-Hargreaves.png

Simon
August 31st, 2011, 5:10 AM
I just love him in general. Can't wait for Fulham to come to Spurs. What a man.

We've had a bid accepted for Cahill and are in the process of agreeing terms and completing a medical, the ITK reckons it will go to the wire though, presumably he is still holding out for Arsenal or another Champs League club.

RFF Champ
August 31st, 2011, 5:17 AM
Marek Cech is expecting to leave West Brom for Trazbonspor. West Brom are one of the teams in for Onuoha but he isn't a priority because Hodgson seems to have faith in Mccauley and Dawson. Personally I think they should be busting a gut for a defender because Tamas is a shambles and I wouldn't want to rely upon the other two.

Ringo
August 31st, 2011, 5:19 AM
Maloney to Wigan for £1m then.

turdpower
August 31st, 2011, 5:19 AM
Tony Maloney stole a pony.

RFF Champ
August 31st, 2011, 5:22 AM
This is the most excited I've been for a transfer deadline day for a while because we're actually doing business. I'd be delighted with Gibson on loan then we just need a striker and if we sign Cisse then it'll be great.

Not arsed about Macheda, we should just use Sammy, Vuckic or not have let Airey go on loan.

Hopefully John Carver is driving Ranger, Smith, Perch and Lovenkrands round in a minibus trying to get rid of them.

RFF Champ
August 31st, 2011, 5:23 AM
THudd on twitter 'Can't believe who just sneaked into the training ground the back way! Wow'

RuneEdge
August 31st, 2011, 5:26 AM
Not arsed about Macheda
How dare you. I want my Kiko back. :mad:

turdpower
August 31st, 2011, 5:27 AM
Great day to be a player on twitter. You can just bullshit everyone if you wanted to.

turdpower
August 31st, 2011, 5:29 AM
THudd on twitter 'Can't believe who just sneaked into the training ground the back way! Wow'

Sounds like Sol Campbell...

RFF Champ
August 31st, 2011, 5:30 AM
Or Roman Abramovich with a briefcase of cash and a brown envelope with Arry's name on it.

Ringo
August 31st, 2011, 5:31 AM
JAMES MILNER HAS LEFT ENGLAND TRAINING ACCORDING TO STEWART DOWNING

RFF Champ
August 31st, 2011, 5:32 AM
There are a few rumblings on twitter about Balotelli going out on loan too.

RFF Champ
August 31st, 2011, 5:34 AM
JAMES MILNER HAS LEFT ENGLAND TRAINING ACCORDING TO STEWART DOWNING

I don't think Downing is on Twitter yet SSN are reporting it?

Ringo
August 31st, 2011, 5:34 AM
Stoke I assume? Tony Pulis has decided he wants to collect big black strikers apparently.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 31st, 2011, 5:35 AM
Alex, I'd be a lot more excited about Macheda than Gibbo!

Alf
Huddlestone is the wind-up....

TomHuddlestone6 Tom Huddlestone
Can't believe who just sneaked into the training ground the back way! Wow

Ringo
On the ball Alf

turdpower
August 31st, 2011, 5:36 AM
http://twitter.com/#!/Stewart_SD

eldanielfire
August 31st, 2011, 5:40 AM
Huddlestone is the wind-up....

TomHuddlestone6 Tom Huddlestone
Can't believe who just sneaked into the training ground the back way! Wow

The Telegraph feed think it's just Peter Crouch so the Sunderland deal may not happen.

RFF Champ
August 31st, 2011, 5:42 AM
Alex, I'd be a lot more excited about Macheda than Gibbo!

I like Gibson. I think he has a good eye for a pass and could really develop if he moved on from Man Utd and played regularly. He has some solid CL and PL performances to his name and I think he'd fit into our squad quite nicely.

Am I underrating Macheda? I've probably done it with Obertan. I still don't think he's much better than Routledge on first impression but he could certainly grow to be. It's clear that Pardew is taking a lot of advice from SAF.

Ringo
August 31st, 2011, 5:43 AM
Peter Crouch has been shown on SSN arriving at the training ground...

Keano's Magic Hat
August 31st, 2011, 5:44 AM
that mad Russian club has bid 30m euros for Vidic apparently.. good luck with that.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 31st, 2011, 5:48 AM
I like Gibson. I think he has a good eye for a pass and could really develop if he moved on from Man Utd and played regularly. He has some solid CL and PL performances to his name and I think he'd fit into our squad quite nicely.

Am I underrating Macheda? I've probably done it with Obertan. I still don't think he's much better than Routledge on first impression but he could certainly grow to be. It's clear that Pardew is taking a lot of advice from SAF.

Not sure if you're underrating Macheda or overrating Gibson. You've definitely underrated Obertan, though. Routledge, for fuck sake! Obertan is a bit of confidence away from being a genuinely class winger.

Macheda lacks pace, but otherwise has all the tools for a good striker. He puts himself about, decent touch, good in the air and is a brilliant finisher. He has a lot of potential. Unlike Gibson, I wouldn't be comfortable in writing off Macheda as a Manchester United player yet. Very talented.

turdpower
August 31st, 2011, 5:52 AM
He's behind 4 players at United, so it's hard for him to force his way in. I hope he can do well at Newcastle and be given a chance, unlike Rossi. He has the same potential that Rossi had.

Ringo
August 31st, 2011, 5:57 AM
Skysports.com understands Aston Villa are planning a late move for Liverpool's Joe Cole. #Avfc #Lfc. bit.ly/ssdday

Simon
August 31st, 2011, 5:57 AM
Gallas might be leaving for Turkey apparently :wtf: bolt from the blue. Cahill ongoing, if it gets to the end of the window and we haven't completed that deal we have everything ready to go on the Samba deal.

RFF Champ
August 31st, 2011, 6:02 AM
Gallas might be leaving for Turkey apparently :wtf: bolt from the blue. Cahill ongoing, if it gets to the end of the window and we haven't completed that deal we have everything ready to go on the Samba deal.

Come off it. Blackburn aren't going to wait around to see if Spurs fail to sign Cahill and then let them wander in and pinch Samba.

RFF Champ
August 31st, 2011, 6:06 AM
Not sure if you're underrating Macheda or overrating Gibson. You've definitely underrated Obertan, though. Routledge, for fuck sake! Obertan is a bit of confidence away from being a genuinely class winger.

Macheda lacks pace, but otherwise has all the tools for a good striker. He puts himself about, decent touch, good in the air and is a brilliant finisher. He has a lot of potential. Unlike Gibson, I wouldn't be comfortable in writing off Macheda as a Manchester United player yet. Very talented.

I can't see how I've overrated Gibson. I know he won't ever make it for Manchester United but as backup for Cabaye and Tiote he's more than suitable. Like I say, good eye for a pass, not afraid to take a shot and can really grow into a good Premier League player.

So far all Obertan has shown to suggest he is any better than Routledge is pace. Like I said Obertan can develop but some of the performances I saw at Man Utd were shite.

I'm only sceptical on Macheda because I think we have some genuinely exciting young strikers. Haris Vuckic is a really talented footballer. Sadly he got injured on Sunday but like Macheda he's big and is very composed and effective in possession.

He's behind 4 players at United, so it's hard for him to force his way in. I hope he can do well at Newcastle and be given a chance, unlike Rossi. He has the same potential that Rossi had.

Rossi was playing under Glenn Roeder, he didn't stand a chance.

Ringo
August 31st, 2011, 6:14 AM
Scott Dann having a medical at Blackburn #brfc #herewego
5 minutes ago

garbosj Ian McGarry
If Ballotelli loaned to #NUFC it spells peace with Tevez and makes a lot of sense for #MCFC. But Mario in the Bigg Market? #askingfortrouble
5 minutes ago

garyalsmith Gary
Eden Hazard has filed a transfer request. Move to Arsenal?

eldanielfire
August 31st, 2011, 6:19 AM
garyalsmith Gary
Eden Hazard has filed a transfer request. Move to Arsenal?

Apparently that originated from a fake account.

eldanielfire
Fucking media cunts:

Man City midfielder Samir Nasri on Twitter: (http://twitter.com/nanas08)"This tweet is for the English newspapers - stop trying to made something between me and Arsenal, I love the club and everything around it."

Simon
Come off it. Blackburn aren't going to wait around to see if Spurs fail to sign Cahill and then let them wander in and pinch Samba.

He wants to go, and they are already readying themselves for him leaving by signing Dann...I'm sure they will be touting Samba around other clubs rather than just waiting around, but logic would suggest that the time-consuming elements of the deal are set out in the event that we don't get Cahill, so that we can sign the papers for Samba and have him done in a very short space of time.

Ringo
August 31st, 2011, 6:22 AM
"exciting news for Manchester United fans coming out of Old Trafford"

SNEIJDER?

Keano's Magic Hat
August 31st, 2011, 6:23 AM
exciting news at old trafford.

meh, don't need anyone.

Alf
Apparently some Italian newspaper said Juventus have had a bit accepted for RVP. 17m.

Ringo
Gibson leaving?! :eek:

Simon
August 31st, 2011, 6:24 AM
Apparently some Italian newspaper said Juventus have had a bit accepted for RVP. 17m.

Oh God I would love it.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 31st, 2011, 6:30 AM
Gibson leaving?! :eek:

haha, yeah it'll be something like that. Hopefully not Berbatov!

RFF Champ
August 31st, 2011, 6:32 AM
He wants to go, and they are already readying themselves for him leaving by signing Dann...I'm sure they will be touting Samba around other clubs rather than just waiting around, but logic would suggest that the time-consuming elements of the deal are set out in the event that we don't get Cahill, so that we can sign the papers for Samba and have him done in a very short space of time.

We'll see what happens but the idea that Blackburn have agreed a fee and you have then told them to sit by the fax machine on the offchance that you don't sign Cahill seems unlikely to me and I doubt Samba is would be too happy about it. It's taking them for mugs and why would they stand for it?

Dann could equally be seen as a replacement for Phil Jones now they're sorting their shit out if da_man's gossip is to be believed.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 31st, 2011, 6:33 AM
I love da_man's gossip. Can't wait for the next installment.

Beefy
August 31st, 2011, 6:39 AM
Nothing, it would be a loan and thats it no doubt.

I think that would be a decent deal for City. Johnson is a cracking player but it would do him the world of good to play 30 Premier League games this season, which he won't do at City. Could be the make-or-break as to whether he makes the Euro 2012 squad for a start. Then he either goes back there at the end of the season or they're able to sell him for a decent price.

Andy
August 31st, 2011, 6:42 AM
Simon is all your news coming from Ben or is it worth taking notice of?

Simon
August 31st, 2011, 6:43 AM
All from different places. BEN is good info though so not sure why you're dismissing him.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 31st, 2011, 6:47 AM
Simon is all your news coming from Ben or is it worth taking notice of?

:D :yes:

RuneEdge
August 31st, 2011, 6:55 AM
exciting news at old trafford.

meh, don't need anyone.

Sorry, I'm excited again. :hyper:

Simon
August 31st, 2011, 7:00 AM
Juve have signed that Eljero Elia, the skilful Dutch winger. PSG have signed Diego Lugano as well, quality experienced player.

Simon
August 31st, 2011, 7:01 AM
Dunno why that came out green. I might start up with a new font colour.

Simon
August 31st, 2011, 7:07 AM
LiterallyJamie
Dad's busy faxing "£3m + Crouch, final offer" to every number in the phone book.

:D

turdpower
August 31st, 2011, 7:08 AM
Cos you copied and pasted it off another forum? :D

Simon
August 31st, 2011, 7:08 AM
Na I didn't :eek:

Keano's Magic Hat
August 31st, 2011, 7:09 AM
BREAKING NEWS: Charlie Adam stood outside Spurs Lodge for SSN

Ringo
August 31st, 2011, 7:12 AM
sneijder photo on man utd website hsjndkmle,;d

Ringo
August 31st, 2011, 7:12 AM
oh no it's been explained.

turdpower
August 31st, 2011, 7:19 AM
Been waiting for this big news about Man United for about an hour now. Well played Sky Sports News. Well played.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 31st, 2011, 7:29 AM
How fit is Hayley McQueen? Fucking hell

turdpower
August 31st, 2011, 7:35 AM
I'd rather nob Gordon.

MACE
August 31st, 2011, 7:35 AM
Meh, she's alreet, like. She's got massive fat potential though.

Millie Clode and Rachel Wyse is where it's at :drool:

turdpower
August 31st, 2011, 7:36 AM
Who's the new one with brown hair? Was on earlier this morning.

Beefy
August 31st, 2011, 7:37 AM
Joe Cole to Lille is confirmed.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 31st, 2011, 7:39 AM
Sky Sports saying Lille "finished 4th in the French first division last season." Good work there.

Bluemoon
August 31st, 2011, 7:41 AM
Super Mario to Spurs £14m is the latest on the City boards and Adam Johnson and his agent have been seen at the services on the M62 heading towards Liverpool.

turdpower
August 31st, 2011, 7:42 AM
I love those type of rumours.

Andy
August 31st, 2011, 7:44 AM
Is Tim Payton actually Hlebsfall? Fucking miserable bastards. :D

Ringo
August 31st, 2011, 7:46 AM
looking forward to seeing Joey Cole terrorising Inter's back line in the Champions League.

Alf
August 31st, 2011, 7:46 AM
Super Mario to Spurs £14m is the latest on the City boards and Adam Johnson and his agent have been seen at the services on the M62 heading towards Liverpool.

Yeah, that rumour came about because Mario had 'been removed' from the Man City website. He hadn't, it was an OPTA error...

My favourite ever rumour was 'Diego seen at Heathrow with a Spurs holdall'. Hilarious.

Bluemoon
August 31st, 2011, 7:47 AM
When is this being put up, BlueMoon?

http://www.offthepost.info/wp-content/uploads/Owen-Hargreaves.png

:lol:

Ringo
August 31st, 2011, 7:48 AM
Speaking of Diego, he's gone to Atletico Madrid.

Finally ends up playing his football in Madrid after all.

turdpower
August 31st, 2011, 7:53 AM
George, Italian United fan, via text: "I have just been told by my cousin who works at Milan airport, that Wesley Sneijder has boarded a private jet heading for the UK????"

YES GEORGE.

Ringo
August 31st, 2011, 7:54 AM
COME ON CHELSEA FUCKING DO SOMETHING

Bluemoon
August 31st, 2011, 7:55 AM
Speaking of Diego, he's gone to Atletico Madrid.

Finally ends up playing his football in Madrid after all.

How much did he go for in the end?

Ringo
August 31st, 2011, 7:57 AM
About £8m appaz, hasn't quite gone through yet.

Andy
August 31st, 2011, 8:04 AM
I think we'll end up signing Benayoun. Rumours of Honda seem to be wide of the mark unfortunately. :(

Ringo
August 31st, 2011, 8:09 AM
if we let benayoun go and don't sign a fucking creative midfielder I will lose it.

also apparently the alvaro pereira deal might not be agreed in time :fingersx:

FUCK OFF KALOU

Andy
August 31st, 2011, 8:10 AM
I didn't realise Santos' name was actually dos Santos.

So Jonny Two Saints for Spurs and Andy Two Saints for Arsenal. :D

Ringo
August 31st, 2011, 8:12 AM
Andy from the Saints

turdpower
August 31st, 2011, 8:15 AM
Villa in for Jenas!

RFF Champ
August 31st, 2011, 8:16 AM
Swansea are in for Halliche of Fulham. I saw him play against Peterbrough in the FA Cup third round, I think it was his debut. He came on with 15 minutes to go looking overweight, gave the ball away a few times and gave away a penalty. Could be a fun signing.

1_Pablo_Angel
August 31st, 2011, 8:19 AM
Villa in for Jenas!

:lol:

son_of_foley
August 31st, 2011, 8:20 AM
We're in for Jara from West Brom probably a loan but yeah interesting

MACE
August 31st, 2011, 8:27 AM
What was the United gossip?

RFF Champ
August 31st, 2011, 8:30 AM
We're in for Jara from West Brom probably a loan but yeah interesting

I can't see it because Woy is quite mindful of Jara's versatility. He did okay in the Championship, I guess where he was often playing DM but I think along with Tamas he is an accident waiting to happen. It is strange that RDM decided he was a RB when they were promoted.

I also read that he has made very little effort to learn any English.

son_of_foley
August 31st, 2011, 8:31 AM
Seemingly yeah thats roys sticking point so it will probably be emergency loan on 2nd September with 24 hour recall

Keano's Magic Hat
August 31st, 2011, 8:32 AM
Ex Valencia player Vicente off to Brighton.

What the fuck

Beefy
August 31st, 2011, 8:32 AM
Seemingly yeah thats roys sticking point so it will probably be emergency loan on 2nd September with 24 hour recall

I think the loan window doesn't open up for another week or so and emergency loans can't be cancelled within the first 28 days.

Other than that, that sounds right.

turdpower
August 31st, 2011, 8:33 AM
What was the United gossip?

SSN said it was coming up a couple of times and nothing happened. But someone on twitter posted that if you went on United's website a Sneijder pic randomly pops up. Which is does. But basically it's a scrolling slideshow and it comes along later for the "gossip" section.

Someone clearly got excited until they realised their mistake.

RFF Champ
August 31st, 2011, 8:34 AM

Oh right. I think if he plays DM then he can be quite a good player, he will run all day and his passing is not bad but he is a poor tackler and I would worry if Clough had him in mind as a defender.

son_of_foley
August 31st, 2011, 8:38 AM
I think the loan window doesn't open up for another week or so and emergency loans can't be cancelled within the first 28 days.

Other than that, that sounds right.

Sorry yeah the squad numbers are decided tommorow so unattached prem players will be known of on 2nd september, although Jarna is expected to be given a squad number?

Can you not send someone back in the 1st 28 days? Thats odd I thought we had sent back Vidal to Man City due to an injury but maybe he was still registered to us for the 28 days

RFF Champ
August 31st, 2011, 8:42 AM
Sorry yeah the squad numbers are decided tommorow so unattached prem players will be known of on 2nd september, although Jarna is expected to be given a squad number?

Can you not send someone back in the 1st 28 days? Thats odd I thought we had sent back Vidal to Man City due to an injury but maybe he was still registered to us for the 28 days

West Brom don't have the biggest squad so I don't think it's a big deal if he gets registered. Craig Dawson and Joe Mattock don't need to be registered I don't think and Dawson will probably take Jara's spot in the pecking order. They also have a youngster called George Thorne who will be in contention for their midfield.

I'm still surprised that it's being considered though, Woy does like his utility players.

Ringo
August 31st, 2011, 8:43 AM
SSN has been embarrassingly bad.

RFF Champ
August 31st, 2011, 8:45 AM
http://evertontime.com/ :D

Ringo
August 31st, 2011, 8:49 AM
JimProudfoot Jim Proudfoot
Reliably informed Ribery to Chelsea will happen. So where does that leave Modric? Will he deign to play for Spurs then?

28 year old injury prone rapist who can't play Champions League. Go on Roman!

RFF Champ
August 31st, 2011, 8:50 AM
SSN has been embarrassingly bad.

I'm not watching SSN today but Sky Sports news reporting is going to shite . The majority of the 'skysports understands' stuff is rubbish. The big story they were reporting on January's deadline day was that Spurs aren't doing any business.

Beefy
August 31st, 2011, 8:52 AM
JimProudfoot Jim Proudfoot
Reliably informed Ribery to Chelsea will happen. So where does that leave Modric? Will he deign to play for Spurs then?

28 year old injury prone rapist who can't play Champions League. Go on Roman!

I saw somethnig earlier that said that Ribery cannot move today. Apparently German Clubs need to add players to some list with their FA if they are going to de-register them and Ribery hasn't been listed. Or something.

Beefy
August 31st, 2011, 8:54 AM
SkyGraemeBailey: All players that are wanting to clinch a transfer to Bundesliga or away have to be put on a certain transfer list created by DFL by 11DST.

son_of_foley
August 31st, 2011, 8:55 AM
Some randomer on twitter suggesting a 1.25m bid for Chris Martin has been accepted. Sounds odd

son_of_foley
August 31st, 2011, 8:56 AM
SkyGraemeBailey: All players that are wanting to clinch a transfer to Bundesliga or away have to be put on a certain transfer list created by DFL by 11DST.

BEEFY IS THAT USING A 24 HOUR CLOCK SON I NEED TO KNOW

Ringo
August 31st, 2011, 8:56 AM
yeah but...

ChelseaRumours Chelsea Rumours
Ribery CAN move anyway, because it's overseas - thanks for clarifying everyone - but he still wont.

:dunno:

Also, appaz Mauro Zarate has tweeted saying he's off to England. Possibly Liverpool.

Canuck
August 31st, 2011, 9:01 AM
Some randomer on twitter suggesting a 1.25m bid for Chris Martin has been accepted. Sounds odd

Coldplay will be devestated.

:(

Beefy
August 31st, 2011, 9:02 AM
twitter is making deadline day much more fun than I usually find it.