PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Lagom
August 21st, 2011, 8:57 AM
If Ferguson wanted to play 4-4-2, then Nasri in Anderson's position would be woeful decision-making. I think Cleverley's going to be a permanent fixture for United this season, so linking him up with someone like Nasri would be suicide.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 21st, 2011, 9:01 AM
He's a fairy with five great months in 4 years. Sneijder is a proven world class player who would improve just about any side in the world. Cleverley has the potential to be as good as anything in this country, what kind of message does signing another young player in his position like Nasri send?

I don't understand this Nasri business. He told his pal Taarabt that he was going to City but would rather be at United; now, the mornings paper are full of stuff indicating a break down in the City deal because "Nasri is now regretting his decision to place salary over status and has been attempting to rekindle United's interest in him.".

It just seems like he's playing both clubs against eachother in hopes of getting the best deals for the squad of agents he has on his payroll. If he wanted to join he'd be here by now, IMO. And if this means we're going to have to offer him a contract that puts him alongside our top earners then what must the other players be thinking? Players who have won stuff and performed consistently, unlike Nasri.

Lagom
August 21st, 2011, 9:01 AM
Apparently Aquilani has told Italian news that he's close to joining Milan :(

As much as I want to trust Dalglish and Comolli's business this summer, if we bring in Adam and Henderson, and let Aquilani and Meireles leave, I'll be forced to seriously re-evaluate my position.

Meireles has looked top drawer every single time I've seen him since Dalglish took over, and Aquilani was head and shoulders above every other player in pre-season. Those two in a team with Suarez leading the line would be ridiculously good, shame we're lumbered with a 35m elephant in the (dressing) room.

Andy
August 21st, 2011, 9:16 AM
Canal+ are reporting we've had a 20m euros bid turned down for M'Vila.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 21st, 2011, 9:27 AM
Not exactly a Nasri/Fabregas replacement but a million times the player Song is from what I've seen.

Andy
August 21st, 2011, 9:28 AM
Song is fine. I wouldn't expect us to sign M'Vila but if we did I imagine it would be him and Song playing deep with Wilshere moved further forward.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 21st, 2011, 9:29 AM
Song is absolute shite.

Andy
August 21st, 2011, 9:30 AM
Not true. Better than Carrick. :yes:

Keano's Magic Hat
August 21st, 2011, 9:31 AM
If you honestly believe that, then you are the most stupid person in the world.

Then again, you were pretty adamant that Denilson was better than Carrick a couple of years back, so I wouldn't put it past you to have such an awful opinion.

BBF
August 21st, 2011, 9:33 AM
Both shit. Get Sam Deering in.

Lagom
August 21st, 2011, 9:44 AM
Both shit. Get Sam Deering in.

Miss that daft racist bastard.

On a side note, we're 2-1 up at the scum :yes:

:heart: Beano

BBF
August 21st, 2011, 9:50 AM
Racist? What did he do?

He's a brilliant player. Makes us look half decent when he plays.

Lagom
August 21st, 2011, 9:52 AM
3 or 4 years ago, after he'd broken his leg, he was on Facebook calling the nurses who were looking after him 'fucking Paki's'

Still not sure why he left us for you... Seems an odd decision.

Lagom
August 21st, 2011, 9:54 AM
Also, I'm glad I couldn't make the game today, I used to be fucking terrified when derby day away rolled around back in the day, was disgusting times.

RuneEdge
August 21st, 2011, 9:58 AM
If Ferguson wanted to play 4-4-2, then Nasri in Anderson's position would be woeful decision-making. I think Cleverley's going to be a permanent fixture for United this season, so linking him up with someone like Nasri would be suicide.
I'm just stating that Nasri is a good player to have alongside Anderson cuz they'd both serve the same purpose in the squad.
Where Nasri would play is a different question. If you're gonna talk about 4-4-2 then I dont see how he'd be any worse than Anderson. And Anderson's done a good job there.

Sure he's not in the same league as Sneijder but I personally couldnt see where he'd be played. Atleast not while Rooney and Chicharito were also on the pitch and none of the three were being played out of their best position.

BBF
August 21st, 2011, 9:58 AM
Think we can just offer him first team football basically every week. We almost definitely won't be paying more than you would.

Lagom
August 21st, 2011, 10:02 AM
That's most likely what it is. For some reason it always seemed to be a toss-up between him and Potter, which is strange because I think they're very different players, but I suppose both are luxury options.

Still, I'd have rather we kept him, as he can change games, and it's not like we're short of cash at the minute, so we didn't sell him to make a quick buck.

Boom, Full Time, excellent win.

RFF Champ
August 21st, 2011, 2:47 PM
Apparently Aquilani has told Italian news that he's close to joining Milan :(

As much as I want to trust Dalglish and Comolli's business this summer, if we bring in Adam and Henderson, and let Aquilani and Meireles leave, I'll be forced to seriously re-evaluate my position.

Meireles has looked top drawer every single time I've seen him since Dalglish took over, and Aquilani was head and shoulders above every other player in pre-season. Those two in a team with Suarez leading the line would be ridiculously good, shame we're lumbered with a 35m elephant in the (dressing) room.

Tell me that you are kidding me.

Ringo
August 21st, 2011, 3:22 PM
Vladimir Weiss has passed his medical with Dynamo Kyiv appaz. Dunno how he was for Rangers last season but I remember how class he looked in a few games for Slovakia and thought that he might be in with a chance of making it at City. At that point anyway.

Gary J
August 21st, 2011, 3:25 PM
Weiss looked class when he was at Bolton as well.

son_of_foley
August 22nd, 2011, 3:25 AM
Vladimir Weiss has passed his medical with Dynamo Kyiv appaz. Dunno how he was for Rangers last season but I remember how class he looked in a few games for Slovakia and thought that he might be in with a chance of making it at City. At that point anyway.

I thought he was very good at Rangers. Exactly the sort of (loan i know) signing they could do with again

MikeHunt
August 22nd, 2011, 4:04 AM
bit gutted we haven't made any effort to sign him permenantly. guy looked great everytime he played for rangers last year and he fucking loved being up here. in the stand with the fans watching rangers lift the title and out boozing with them after.

seemed like a top guy.

Lagom
August 22nd, 2011, 6:17 AM
Tell me that you are kidding me.

Why would I be kidding? a team with Suarez up top, Downing on the left, Kuyt on the right, and with Aquilani and Meireles in midfield fills me with more confidence than a team with Carroll as the main attacking outlet.

Bad Collin
August 22nd, 2011, 7:07 AM
Carroll is going to be very good, he and Suarez are going to be a brilliant partnership for a long time.

As for Aqua, I really wanted him to get a chance but the management know more than us about his attitude etc. Let's have some faith Lagom mate.

Red Dog
August 22nd, 2011, 7:12 AM
Do Liverpool fans have an issue in general with signing players from "inferior" PL clubs?

This isnt a dig as such but I have noticed it with Adam and now Carroll - both pretty bizarre seeing as they had fantastic seasons (or half a season in one case) last year. And I have not noticed it from the fans of other big clubs on here that is all.

Gary J
August 22nd, 2011, 7:25 AM
The Liverpool fans seemed quiet happy when Carroll signed on deadline day from what i can remember seeing on SSN when he turned up for his medical. I don't think Liverpool fans have an issue with signing players that they might deem as inferior clubs. It's just that those two particular players you mentioned really do divide opinion. Most people either rate them or think they are absolute shit.

Lagom
August 22nd, 2011, 7:47 AM
I have very little problem with Carroll in the long run, and i think Adam's added something that we've needed desperately for a while now. My main problem is the present, where i see Meireles, Aquilani and Suarez being on the field as being our greatest threat, and giving us the best chance of unlocking defences like we had to do on Saturday. That we had to fork out 35m for Carroll though, means that he's not going to sit on the bench all that often.

Red Dog
August 22nd, 2011, 7:49 AM
"Shame we are lumbered with a 35million elephant in the room".

Yeah it doesnt seem like you have a problem with him at all.

Lagom
August 22nd, 2011, 8:20 AM
Probably would have been easier to quote that post. Much like I've done with this one, notice the parts in bold...

I have very little problem with Carroll in the long run, and i think Adam's added something that we've needed desperately for a while now. My main problem is the present, where i see Meireles, Aquilani and Suarez being on the field as being our greatest threat, and giving us the best chance of unlocking defences like we had to do on Saturday. That we had to fork out 35m for Carroll though, means that he's not going to sit on the bench all that often.

I don't have a problem with him in the long run, he's going to mature into a great Premier League striker and will be with us for many years, I'm sure. But, as I said, that's not my main problem, that would be that i see us overlooking players who i see as more creative, and more likely to win us games, for someone whom we had to fork out 35m for, and has shown fewer moments of star quality than the others I've mentioned.

Need me to clarify?

- In the long run, I think he's a really good buy.
- Right now I think we'd be more dangerous as a team, and have better creative outlets with Meireles, Suarez and Aquilani on the pitch
- I feel like Dalglish is under pressure to play him and he cost us the best part of what we received for Fernando Torres.

The Rosk
August 22nd, 2011, 8:36 AM
I agree about Dzeko - saw him in his first game last year and he looked awesome in the flesh...

Dzeko is going to destroy this league soon. He looked incredible up close, scarily good touch.

Then rather hilariously the following quote was on the same page. Forgot about this one, re Bent.

On a serious note, he'll be a flop at Villa. His strike rate is awful, the only reason he bangs so many in up north is Sunderland create so many chances. Plus they seem to get awarded a disproportionate number of pens (even then he misses a load).

Villa struggle to create chances so he's fucked.

Lagom
August 22nd, 2011, 8:43 AM
What are you looking for from him this season Rosk? 20-25? I reckon top English scorer again this season, probably by a few as well

The Rosk
August 22nd, 2011, 8:55 AM
I'd guess 18-20 goals in the Prem should be where he was aiming at least if I'm honest. He's just so consistent and now in the prime stage of his career. He'll most likely take our penalties this season too, which he didn't last year, and he scored 9 in 14 games for us. It's good to have a reliable striker when the rest of your club is pretty mental.

Lagom
August 22nd, 2011, 8:58 AM
And what about Heskey?

Red Dog
August 22nd, 2011, 9:19 AM
I agree about Dzeko - saw him in his first game last year and he looked awesome in the flesh...

Then rather hilariously the following quote was on the same page. Forgot about this one, re Bent.
Picking up and laughing about old incorrect calls and predictions is fun, we should probably have a thread dedicated to it.

Gary J
August 22nd, 2011, 9:24 AM
Has Makoun done anything wrong i saw today McLeish was hinting he could be prepared to let him go.

Bad Collin
August 22nd, 2011, 10:25 AM
Carroll does a job now Lagom. He hasn't been on his best form this season so far but he has still held the ball up well and he had a perfectly good goal disallowed against Sunderland.

I am excited about a front five of Carroll, Suarez, Gerrard, Downing and Kuyt or Merieles.

Red Dog
August 22nd, 2011, 10:38 AM
Probably would have been easier to quote that post. Much like I've done with this one, notice the parts in bold...

I don't have a problem with him in the long run, he's going to mature into a great Premier League striker and will be with us for many years, I'm sure. But, as I said, that's not my main problem, that would be that i see us overlooking players who i see as more creative, and more likely to win us games, for someone whom we had to fork out 35m for, and has shown fewer moments of star quality than the others I've mentioned.

Need me to clarify?

- In the long run, I think he's a really good buy.
- Right now I think we'd be more dangerous as a team, and have better creative outlets with Meireles, Suarez and Aquilani on the pitch
- I feel like Dalglish is under pressure to play him and he cost us the best part of what we received for Fernando Torres.
But if he can score goals in an inferior Newcastle team who will obviously create less chances for him than at Liverpool then what is there to suggest that he wont score goals for Liverpool now? He has a perfectly good goal disalowed on the opening day.

Lagom
August 22nd, 2011, 10:49 AM
Luis Suarez scored 4 goals and was named best player in the Copa America. Aquilani was instrumental whenever he was on the pitch in pre/season, setting up goals and running the midfield. Meireles was our best player in the second half of last season, and had a hand in both goals on Saturday.

That Carroll can score goals for Newcastle has nothing to do with my point, we look a more cohesive and dangerous unit when he's not our main outlet up front, and I think his transfer fee means that he'll be picked over the others regardless of what they offer the team.

Red Dog
August 22nd, 2011, 11:05 AM
Obviously I am not suggesting dropping Suarez so that was a pointless sentance.

I think being a relatively proven PL goalscorer is somewhat relative to the discussion though to be fair. Also to be fair you were the one suggesting Gerrard would hardly play so I dont even know why I am bothering.

Lagom
August 22nd, 2011, 11:24 AM
Did I suggest he'd hardly play? I think I said he'd be rotated throughout the season due to him not being as fit as he used to be, and the fact that he'd be struggling with injuries.

As has been said before, Carroll's had a good half a season in the PL, the season before that he had a good season in the Championship, but even then he was outscored by Adam, Hooper, Chopra, Maynard and Whittingham.

If you're not talking about dropping Suarez, then not only is the sentence pointless, then the argument is redundant, since I was talking about the burden of a 35m transfer fee preventing us from fielding our most dangerous attacking side.

Red Dog
August 22nd, 2011, 11:28 AM
Carroll and Suarez together is your best attack.

It is down to where he has come from then if you are reeling off Championship players who outscored him. I knew it. Thanks for proving me right.

Bad Collin
August 22nd, 2011, 11:39 AM
Gerrard is not being rotated, if he is fit he will play.

Lagom
August 22nd, 2011, 11:51 AM
Carroll and Suarez together is your best attack.

It is down to where he has come from then if you are reeling off Championship players who outscored him. I knew it. Thanks for proving me right.

Wrong again. I couldn't care less where our players come from. If I did, I wouldn't have liked Riise, Hamann or Hyypia, since i didn't fancy the clubs that they came from, contrary to your 'logic' though, those are 3 of my favourite recent Liverpool players.

You said Carroll was a relatively proven Premier League goalscorer, he's not, he performed well in the Championship, but was outscored by others, and has had half a good Premier League season, it's that simple. Whether he came from Newcastle or Barcelona, when he's boasting stats like that, he's not a relatively proven Premier League goalscorer.

Lagom
August 22nd, 2011, 11:53 AM
Gerrard is not being rotated, if he is fit he will play.

And when he's not 100% fit, or he's struggling with injuries he'll be r......?

Red Dog
August 22nd, 2011, 11:57 AM
Wrong again. I couldn't care less where our players come from. If I did, I wouldn't have liked Riise, Hamann or Hyypia, since i didn't fancy the clubs that they came from, contrary to your 'logic' though, those are 3 of my favourite recent Liverpool players.

You said Carroll was a relatively proven Premier League goalscorer, he's not, he performed well in the Championship, but was outscored by others, and has had half a good Premier League season, it's that simple. Whether he came from Newcastle or Barcelona, when he's boasting stats like that, he's not a relatively proven Premier League goalscorer.
All those players you have listed were at Liverpool for years. I doubt you liked them that much after a handful of games like Carroll has had - so again, what a silly point.

Carroll isnt Michael Ricketts though. He is a very, very good player who has been raved about for years (one of my mates works for the Newcastle youth team).

Red Dog
August 22nd, 2011, 12:00 PM
And when he's not 100% fit, or he's struggling with injuries he'll be r......?
.....INJURED!

Bad Collin
August 22nd, 2011, 12:09 PM
Yeah, that isn't rotation Lagom.

Lagom
August 22nd, 2011, 12:16 PM
All those players you have listed were at Liverpool for years. I doubt you liked them that much after a handful of games like Carroll has had - so again, what a silly point.

Carroll isnt Michael Ricketts though. He is a very, very good player who has been raved about for years (one of my mates works for the Newcastle youth team).

If, as you think, I cared where our players come from, why would I be swayed by that comment about your Youth team mate from Newcastle? Countless players are raved about for years and years, and have 'all the potential in the world', and a huge percentage never make it. That's not to say Carroll won't, I think he will, it's just that as I said before, my problem is with the current burden of his 35m price tag, and that it seems to get in the way of us fielding a more creative and less one-dimensional team.

If you still don't get it, kindly go and spike your colourful hair, and rub your sparkly belly somewhere else.

Lagom
August 22nd, 2011, 12:18 PM
Yeah, that isn't rotation Lagom.

Of course it is, in the past, Gerrard has played at less than fully fit, and sometimes injured, to 'benefit' the team, this season won't be like that. If he's not fully fit, or he has a niggle that the staff are a bit worried about, he won't play. He'll be rotated to preserve him for important fixtures and ensure that he actually gets to see out the whole season

The Rosk
August 22nd, 2011, 1:18 PM
And what about Heskey?

6 max.

Has Makoun done anything wrong i saw today McLeish was hinting he could be prepared to let him go.

Nothing. He's always done well, but he just seems to not be a McLeish type player. He came out the same day and said he wanted to force a first team place and that he loved English football.

Ringo
August 22nd, 2011, 1:29 PM
Kyrgiakos gone to Wolfsburg.

Gary J
August 22nd, 2011, 1:35 PM
Nothing. He's always done well, but he just seems to not be a McLeish type player. He came out the same day and said he wanted to force a first team place and that he loved English football.

Thats a shame i've always like but that could be just because of his FM legend status. While he's not the world class talent in real life he's looked pretty good when i've seen him.

The Rosk
August 22nd, 2011, 1:43 PM
He is good. I look across the park at his competition and I see Petrov who, to be fair, works his arse off, but is perenially unfit and just doesn't add much beyond getting in the way a bit and calming down counter attacks. His scuffed shot that landed at Bent's feet at the weekend went down as an assist for him.

This is his 11th assist for the team in 5 years.

Gary J
August 22nd, 2011, 1:48 PM
Maybe McLeish has a signing planned before the deadline i doubt he would let Makoun go without bringing someone in because as you say Petrov must be on borrowed time as a starter and i would assume he is there becuase he works hard for the team and that attitude will rub off on the youngsters you have coming through.

McBain
August 22nd, 2011, 1:50 PM
We're in a sell to buy position these days, so that would make sense.

It's a shame Makoun hasn't shown his full potential yet but if we can get more of a battling type in to add physical strength I wouldn't mind if we had to let him go.

RFF Champ
August 22nd, 2011, 1:52 PM
I thought Makoun was quite poor by the standards FM set. There's a player in there somewhere but he looked lightweight and games passed him by. 1PA made some comments about having some family issues so pehaps he has just struggled to settle.

Bad Collin
August 22nd, 2011, 2:34 PM
Of course it is, in the past, Gerrard has played at less than fully fit, and sometimes injured, to 'benefit' the team, this season won't be like that. If he's not fully fit, or he has a niggle that the staff are a bit worried about, he won't play. He'll be rotated to preserve him for important fixtures and ensure that he actually gets to see out the whole season

If he can run about he will play, besides which every league game is important if we are going to challenge for fourth.

Lagom
August 22nd, 2011, 2:41 PM
If he's put on the pitch when he's not fit to play, then I'm afraid I'll lose faith in Dalglish. The whole reason he's brought in the backroom staff he has is to ensure that we're fully prepared for the battle ahead. Putting an unfit, or injury-niggled Gerrard on the team-sheet isn't just unprepared, it's reckless.

While I agree that every game is important, it's not quite as simple as that. Take the New Year week, we have Newcastle at Anfield on the 31st, then Man City at the COMS on the 2nd. Let's say Gerrard is 80% fit going into the Newcastle game, but there's doubts about him, which game do you think he plays in...?

Bad Collin
August 22nd, 2011, 2:43 PM
Newcastle. He will play 4-5-1 at the Etihad so he would be more effective at home.

Lagom
August 22nd, 2011, 2:46 PM
We'll play a modified 4-5-1 wherever we play, I fail to see how that's relevant.

Set your teams up for those two games.

Lagom
August 22nd, 2011, 2:51 PM
vs Newcastle

Reina

Johnson -- Carragher -- Agger -- Enrique

Lucas -- Adam

Henderson -- Suarez -- Downing

Carroll

vs City

Reina

Kelly -- Carragher -- Agger -- Enrique

Kuyt -- Lucas -- Gerrard -- Meireles -- Downing

Suarez

That's how I'd see him lining them up. Meireles is interchangeable with Spearing, Adam, Aquilani etc. it seems, but i'd honestly see him keeping Gerrard for a game like City, if his fitness was in question

Lagom
August 22nd, 2011, 2:53 PM
Also, these players that we're letting go, are they all going for undisclosed fees, or are they all going for free simply to get them off the wage bill?

That's Jovanovic, Kyrgiakos and El Zhar now, all with no mention of money involved

Chris Scott
August 23rd, 2011, 7:53 AM
No fee, probably just to get them of the wage bill.

Winkle van Tinkle
August 23rd, 2011, 8:51 AM
Nasri done. 26m happarently.

Official

http://www.arsenal.com/news/news-archive/terms-agreed-with-man-city-for-nasri

The Rosk
August 23rd, 2011, 8:55 AM
Fucking ridiculous.

Alf
August 23rd, 2011, 8:56 AM
Wilshere injured in training appaz... wowzer.

Winkle van Tinkle
August 23rd, 2011, 8:58 AM
Yeah, we're basically knackered as a team. I honestly believe we'll finish 6th, and Wenger will go at the end of the year.

Chris Scott
August 23rd, 2011, 9:04 AM
Fucks sake how many players are City going to take off Arsenal.

Lagom
August 23rd, 2011, 9:19 AM
For too much money, as well...

RuneEdge
August 23rd, 2011, 9:23 AM
Fucks sake how many players are City going to take off Arsenal.
Depends on how many Barca leave for them.

Bluemoon
August 23rd, 2011, 10:36 AM
For too much money, as well...

You'd know about that wouldn't you but yes I agree.

Now it is actually happening, I'm really excited about Nasri coming to us now.

Ringo
August 23rd, 2011, 10:36 AM
It's all going on today, isn't it?

Nasri to City, Forlan to Inter, Kjaer to Roma.

Coates to Liverpool. He looked top class at the Copa America. Really good prospect.

We've apparently made a bid for Pereira. Eh... was quite happy with PVA and Bertrand as cover for Ashley Cole. I guess he could fill a few roles and add depth to the squad, but I bet he'll end up costing a lot for a squad player. Unnecessary.

Bluemoon
August 23rd, 2011, 10:38 AM
Our midfielder's from the 01/02 season.

Midfielders

Gary Mason
Dino Toppmoeller
Sun Jihai
Christian Negouai
Eyal Berkovic
Ali Benarbia
Lee Crooks
Ian Bishop
Terry Cooke
Alf Inge Haaland
Paul Ritchie
Jim Whitley
Jeffrey Whitley
Tony Grant
Mark Kennedy
Laurent Charvet

Bluemoon
August 23rd, 2011, 10:39 AM
It's all going on today, isn't it?

Nasri to City, Forlan to Inter, Kjaer to Roma.

Coates to Liverpool. He looked top class at the Copa America. Really good prospect.

We've apparently made a bid for Pereira. Eh... was quite happy with PVA and Bertrand as cover for Ashley Cole. I guess he could fill a few roles and add depth to the squad, but I bet he'll end up costing a lot for a squad player. Unnecessary.

Coates to Liverpool? is that confirmed as I know apparently we have made a bid for him.

Ringo
August 23rd, 2011, 10:41 AM
Fourth_Official Fourth Official
Looks like Sebastian Coates will sign for Liverpool, unless Manchester City hijack the deal late on #LFC #MCFC

Liverpool and Nacional have agreed a fee for defender Sebastian Coates #LFC

Certainly would not rule out a hijack :D

Bluemoon
August 23rd, 2011, 10:42 AM
Neither would I :D

Lagom
August 23rd, 2011, 10:47 AM
You'd know about that wouldn't you but yes I agree.

Now it is actually happening, I'm really excited about Nasri coming to us now.

I'm well aware that we've overpaid for many of our recent and not so recent signings...

Bluemoon
August 23rd, 2011, 10:48 AM
How much did you pay for Adam in the end?

Lagom
August 23rd, 2011, 10:50 AM
It seems we paid around 7m... How much did you pay for James Milner...?

Bluemoon
August 23rd, 2011, 10:55 AM
With Stephen Ireland moving to Aston Villa as part of the deal, It was about 25m.

Lagom
August 23rd, 2011, 10:57 AM
This is fun :)

Bluemoon
August 23rd, 2011, 11:00 AM
Glen Johnson, Henderson, Carroll, Downing.

Toure, Adebayor, Bellamy, RSC... to many to mention.

Lagom
August 23rd, 2011, 11:15 AM
Diouf

Robinho

Two of my personal favourites

Red Dog
August 23rd, 2011, 11:20 AM
Our midfielder's from the 01/02 season.

Midfielders

Gary Mason
Dino Toppmoeller
Sun Jihai
Christian Negouai
Eyal Berkovic
Ali Benarbia
Lee Crooks
Ian Bishop
Terry Cooke
Alf Inge Haaland
Paul Ritchie
Jim Whitley
Jeffrey Whitley
Tony Grant
Mark Kennedy
Laurent Charvet
:lol:
To be fair my City mate really liked Bernarbia. And I always liked Alfie. There are some very, very average players there though!

turdpower
August 23rd, 2011, 11:26 AM
Is Laurent Charvet the one with the pigeon chest?

son_of_foley
August 23rd, 2011, 11:27 AM
Jim and Jeff Whitley. Sigh :(

Ringo
August 23rd, 2011, 11:58 AM
Samuel Eto'o has completed his move to Russian side Anzhi, Diego Forlan will now sign for Inter and Diego to Atletico #merrygoround

garyalsmith Gary
Eto'o becomes the highest paid ATHLETE - not just footballer - in the world of sport.

Mad.

Chris Scott
August 23rd, 2011, 12:02 PM
Lots of sites saying betting has been suspended on Bellamy joining us again. Joe Cole to Spurs on loan and that Cahill was always going to Arsenal.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 23rd, 2011, 12:15 PM
I don't blame Eto'o for taking that sort of cash. It's sad to see him go to a Russian side, where he'll be mainly out of sight and getting loads of abuse (instead of the respect he deserves), but he's had plenty of racism throughout his career anyway. He has nothing left to prove in club football, he has won the lot, nothing he can be criticised for, in that case, with taking the ridiculous wages on offer.

son_of_foley
August 23rd, 2011, 12:18 PM
I don't blame Eto'o for taking that sort of cash. It's sad to see him go to a Russian side, where he'll be mainly out of sight and getting loads of abuse (instead of the respect he deserves), but he's had plenty of racism throughout his career anyway. He has nothing left to prove in club football, he has won the lot, nothing he can be criticised for, in that case, with taking the ridiculous wages on offer.

I'm not sure but I have a feeling he will tear down the curtain of racism in Eastern Europe and everyone will worship him

El Capitano Gatisto
August 23rd, 2011, 12:20 PM
It is a pity he didn't make it to the Premier League. Maybe he will keep on going until he's old and do a season or two later on but still a pity he didn't have a go in it at his peak.

turdpower
August 23rd, 2011, 12:46 PM
I've got a feeling he'll have a Banana thrown at him in his second game and head straight back to civilisation

I steal cable
August 23rd, 2011, 12:51 PM
Blazing Saddles, Camp Town Ladies - YouTube

Bad Collin
August 23rd, 2011, 1:11 PM
Why the fuck are signing Bellamy again?

I haven't seen Coates, what are his best attributes?

Ringo
August 23rd, 2011, 1:29 PM
Well he's 6'5", so...

Not the fastest, strong in the air, can run the ball out from the back.

Bad Collin
August 23rd, 2011, 1:42 PM
Sounds like Sami :hyper:

Chris Scott
August 23rd, 2011, 2:35 PM
SEBASTIAN COATES - YouTube

He looks a monster.

Also I hope it's all crap about Bellamy.

Chris Scott
August 23rd, 2011, 2:37 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/14637292.stm

Suarez will be happy being Uruguay and all that.

RFF Champ
August 23rd, 2011, 2:46 PM
Coates has a funny running style. I forget who pointed it out on the Copa America coverage but he looks like he's about to sit down.

He'll probably turn out as the next Gabriel Paletta.

RFF Champ
August 23rd, 2011, 2:49 PM
Lots of sites saying betting has been suspended on Bellamy joining us again. Joe Cole to Spurs on loan and that Cahill was always going to Arsenal.

I wouldn't take it as gospel. Unless it's been reported elsewhere, I haven't looked, it just means a few people have heard a rumour and there have been a few bets.

Betting was suspended on N'Zogbia to Newcastle earlier in the summer. Doyle has been heavily odds on to Arsenal for ages despite it clearly not happening.

BBF
August 23rd, 2011, 2:54 PM
Guardian reported it this morning.

Mik
August 23rd, 2011, 3:31 PM
Blazing Saddles, Camp Town Ladies - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H2W1lK7P-I)

That whole scene is absolutely one of my favourite movie scenes.

I must've watched the start of that film at least 100 times.

The movement and expression on the word 'cocaine' cracks me up.

Second City Saint
August 23rd, 2011, 7:32 PM
Fourth Official's saying Adebayor's loan to Spurs is completed

http://p.twimg.com/AXj-zFnCIAABxJS.jpg

Lagom
August 24th, 2011, 6:47 AM
And he's backing it up with a picture of JLS? Odd.

Alf
August 24th, 2011, 7:02 AM
Ahaha....

Could it just be that Ade and Benny are just hanging out before we play Man City on Sunday?

Which one is supposed to be Ade?

JIJ
August 24th, 2011, 7:27 AM
Barton on his way to Loftus Road. Always liked him, a very misunderstood character and I've no doubt Warnock will bring the best out of him.

We've got a right little set of tearaways in our squad at the moment, Bothroyd, DJ and possibly Barton. Love it.

RFF Champ
August 24th, 2011, 7:31 AM
I hope he rejects you. I thought his tweet yesterday about Brunel was metaphor for rebuilding bridges with the club :(

JIJ
August 24th, 2011, 7:43 AM
Nobody can resist playing in Shez Bu

Ringo
August 24th, 2011, 7:50 AM
I hope he rejects you. I thought his tweet yesterday about Brunel was metaphor for rebuilding bridges with the club :(

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton
"No late phone calls, just and sad thoughts. One fought to much, the other, did not think at all...." #SOTD Cautious Cavalier The Book Club

What could this mean?! :eek:

RFF Champ
August 24th, 2011, 7:51 AM
The most frustrating thing is that we blatantly won't replace him. Step up Alan Smith. We've known since February that Enrique was going to leave yet here we are without a left back and comments about how it's going to be very difficult to get anyone better than Ryan Taylor.

Red Dog
August 24th, 2011, 8:03 AM
Joey7Barton Joseph Barton
"No late phone calls, just and sad thoughts. One fought to much, the other, did not think at all...." #SOTD Cautious Cavalier The Book Club

What could this mean?! :eek:
It means he has been googling quotes again to appear clever.

Gary J
August 24th, 2011, 8:36 AM
The most frustrating thing is that we blatantly won't replace him. Step up Alan Smith. We've known since February that Enrique was going to leave yet here we are without a left back and comments about how it's going to be very difficult to get anyone better than Ryan Taylor.

I thought Alan Smith had been released in the summer? I remember there were stories about how he was going to go back to Leeds.

RFF Champ
August 24th, 2011, 8:44 AM
Leeds said they were interested but he's on over 60k a week and has struggled with fitness. I doubt he'll move this summer. I don't dislike him like other fans do because I think his energy really helped us in quite a few games at the start of the Championship season but he's a poor player nowadays.

RFF Champ
August 24th, 2011, 9:10 AM
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg741/scaled.php?tn=0&server=741&filename=dzdzum.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Barton on his way to QPR trying to look as French as possible. Someone posted on our forum that Willie Mckay has likely already negotiated the deal and Barton is just rocking up to sign.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 24th, 2011, 9:32 AM
apt sign, that haircut needs intensive care

Winkle van Tinkle
August 24th, 2011, 9:34 AM
But I thought united arsenal spurs and loads of spanish and italian teams wanted him....

Keano's Magic Hat
August 24th, 2011, 9:34 AM
If Arsenal get knocked out tonight, does anybody think they'll still make a big signing? This is quite possibly Arsenal's biggest game in years.

Bad Collin
August 24th, 2011, 10:29 AM
Who will want to go there if they lose tonight. Tonight is a massive game for them.

Red Dog
August 24th, 2011, 10:30 AM
To be fair a lot of quality players have joined Liverpool and you arnt in the CL.

Bad Collin
August 24th, 2011, 10:43 AM
Would Arsenal be happy with our signings though? Quality is one thing and world class is another, they would just fall further behind the Manchester teams and Chelsea.

Ringo
August 24th, 2011, 10:57 AM
Dedryck Boyata has gone to Bolton on loan. SWP and N'Gog to follow according to Fourth_Official.

Red Dog
August 24th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Would Arsenal be happy with our signings though? Quality is one thing and world class is another, they would just fall further behind the Manchester teams and Chelsea.
I'd rather have Suarez than Gervinhio any day of the week, for example.

Lagom
August 24th, 2011, 11:24 AM
Enrique or Own Goal Jenkinson...?

Keano's Magic Hat
August 24th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Daniele De Rossi to City, as Mancini thinks they're a bit light in options for central midfield.

I'm not even joking.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 24th, 2011, 11:57 AM
Wasn't there chat of Nigel de Jong being seen with Kia Joobcharian or something? They might be worred about him.

If City did somehow sign de Rossi, they have an absurd team.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 24th, 2011, 12:00 PM
Have you read the article in yesterday's guardian on Tevez and his ownership? It's a very messy situation.

EDIT: http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/david-conn-inside-sport-blog/2011/aug/23/carlos-tevez-legal-battle-revealed

Ridiculous.

Red Dog
August 24th, 2011, 12:01 PM
I hope they sign Parker before Sunday - but fuck knows why they would need him.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 24th, 2011, 12:02 PM
Yeah, David Conn is good at that stuff. It's weird how it's all tangled up with dead Russians, but the thing about companies buying players up seems to be the norm now in South America. In fact I think there are companies buying or setting up clubs solely to act as commercial operations to filter through loads of unattached or youth players and sell the best ones at a profit.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 24th, 2011, 12:05 PM
You're not wrong. I think United actually have a partnership with a similar company out of Brazil. It's why we have first option on that Adryan kid who plays for Flamengo.

da_man
August 24th, 2011, 2:31 PM
Brett Emerton is leaving after Saturday to go and play for Sydney FC. We're terminating his contract a year early by mutual consent. Now unless he's beating the door down to get out it is a bizarre decision by the club. Hardly a world beater but we can't afford to lose another experienced player who is extremely versatile.

Sad to see him go.

KEAN OUT

Ringo
August 24th, 2011, 2:51 PM
Arsenal are reportedly closing in on the signing of Raul Albiol of Real Madrid #AFC

El Capitano Gatisto
August 24th, 2011, 3:12 PM
Good signing there if true, they need a left-back still but that would be most of the defence sorted. Another couple of midfield additions and a striker and their squad looks strong and competitive again.

In fact, just use Walcott as a striker, it's about time.

turdpower
August 24th, 2011, 5:01 PM
Theo wants to be used as a striker, he's basically said so himself.

Bluemoon
August 24th, 2011, 5:53 PM
Dedryck Boyata has gone to Bolton on loan. SWP and N'Gog to follow according to Fourth_Official.

I think this is a perfect move for him, playing in a stable mid table team who have excellent team spirit and desire and he's playing under a very talented and intelligent manager. It will bring the best out of Boyata.

eldanielfire
August 24th, 2011, 7:41 PM
I'd be frustrated but he apparentlly looks a good replacement for Nasri and of course Wenger seems to be getting some good center backs for once. However I'd still love to have as well a defensive midfielder with a big of mongerl about them and a non-stop engine.

Tomorrow?

Sagna has played leftback plenty of times.

No he hasn't, that was Eboue. I'd prefer Vermaelen to Traore, with Kos and DJ in the middle. If any of them are fit of course.

He seemed fine there today and he has played there before.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 24th, 2011, 8:10 PM
The Guardian is reporting a 22 million bid from Arsenal for Yann M'Vila.

RFF Champ
August 25th, 2011, 4:30 AM
We've had a 6.6mil bid turned down for Cissokho which has been confirmed by Lyon's president. I can hear it now 'we tried but couldn't get it over the finishing line. The clubs wouldn't play ball' - Pardew

Alf
August 25th, 2011, 4:35 AM
Word of Diarra to Arsenal starting to bubble. This could all end in tears.

RFF Champ
August 25th, 2011, 4:40 AM
It's been in the pipeline for ages, it screams of a player moving the goalposts and stalling until they get the move they want. We seemingly had it with Gervinho.

RFF Champ
August 25th, 2011, 4:40 AM
Double post.

Alf
August 25th, 2011, 4:55 AM
Via twitter:

Lass Diarra "Information about my departure is a lie. There is no agreement with Tottenham and I don't think there will be."

I think I'm going to cry.

RFF Champ
August 25th, 2011, 5:12 AM
The stuff about not letting Modric go to play for Croatia isn't good publicity to any players they may be after. If Modric is on strike then he's a dick but it'll just get Spurs in trouble with UEFA.

The Rosk
August 25th, 2011, 6:14 AM
Via twitter:

Lass Diarra "Information about my departure is a lie. There is no agreement with Tottenham and I don't think there will be."

I think I'm going to cry.

Ifhdgagagahahahahahahah

Alf
August 25th, 2011, 2:48 PM
Adebayor shown at WHL just then. Well, at least we MIGHT be singing someone. Fucks sake Levy you SHIT FACE

Alf
August 25th, 2011, 3:10 PM
And now it's official.

MACE
August 25th, 2011, 4:00 PM
Yup...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_7124582,00.html?utm_source=twitterfe ed&utm_medium=twitter

MACE
August 25th, 2011, 4:01 PM
Are you Spurs fans happy he's there, what with the Arsenal link and all.....?

Ringo
August 25th, 2011, 4:09 PM
Arsenal link? You mean the club he publicly fell out with before famously taunting and angering the fans further? I'm sure Spurs are quite alright with his Arsenal link.

Alf
August 25th, 2011, 4:21 PM
It's about a 70-30 split in favour of Adebayor to be honest. I think most are just thankful to have a new striker. There are a fair few who hate it though, but then there was the same shite about Gallas last year but he soon won them round.

Alf
August 25th, 2011, 4:23 PM
We've also signed some Spanish youth on loan.

Ringo
August 25th, 2011, 4:36 PM
Iago Falque? He was big news a few years back. Was one of the most talked about Barca youngsters along with the dos Santos brothers, Bojan etc. Then he suddenly went to Juve, either because he didn't fancy his chances at Barca or because they decided he wasn't that good. Seemingly vanished since then.

EDIT: Also interesting to see that Inter are paying only €5m for Forlan. BARGAIN, even at 32.

Second City Saint
August 25th, 2011, 7:27 PM
Are you Spurs fans happy he's there, what with the Arsenal link and all.....?http://www.gifsoup.com/view6/2721278/adebayor-celebration-o.gif

turdpower
August 25th, 2011, 7:52 PM
We've also signed some Spanish youth on loan.

Hopefully he'll be as good as dos Santos :hyper::fingersx:

mj the kid
August 25th, 2011, 11:48 PM
Brett Emerton is leaving after Saturday to go and play for Sydney FC. We're terminating his contract a year early by mutual consent. Now unless he's beating the door down to get out it is a bizarre decision by the club. Hardly a world beater but we can't afford to lose another experienced player who is extremely versatile.

Sad to see him go.

KEAN OUT

Fantastic to see Emo come home. You can keep Vinny Grella though...

Ringo
August 26th, 2011, 12:33 PM
All happening at QPR then... Barton, Young, SWP and possibly Joe Cole.

Hutton will go to Villa now then I assume. Wigan are signing Vladimir Weiss and another Spanish random.

McBain
August 26th, 2011, 1:07 PM
We better get Hutton. Otherwise the Young transfer looks batty.

RFF Champ
August 26th, 2011, 1:38 PM
Nice little piece on the local news now about the yoot Villa fans who instead of rioting went to the allotment to grow vegetables for the club's restauarant. The club love that restaurant, there was a piece on MOTD about it too.

RFF Champ
August 26th, 2011, 5:51 PM
Blackburn are in for Ibsevic and El Hamdoui, I've just seen. Even if they only get the one it would seem like a good signing, although I'm not sure I remember much of either.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 27th, 2011, 8:31 AM
Arsenal are signing Park Chu-Young for 3m.

Prototype16
August 27th, 2011, 10:03 AM
The Mail reckon we've signed Palacios. Would be an improvement on what we've got

We still need to get a couple more attacking options at least before the window closes - we've left it all very late

Lagom
August 27th, 2011, 10:13 AM
I think we're almost done with our transfers. Apparently Seb Coates is in England to finalise his deal, and that leaves us just needing someone to cover up front in Suarez/Carroll's absence, media seem to think Bellamy, i wouldn't be against that, but wouldn't want him commanding a big wage

Chris Scott
August 27th, 2011, 11:20 AM
It is Bellamy mate.

Chris Scott
August 27th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Apprently we really wanted Yossi back and he wanted to come back but Chelsea want to much money.

Shame that.

Lagom
August 27th, 2011, 11:35 AM
I've seen nothing official to back up the Bellamy rumours, so I presumed it was just speculation because he's basically in limbo at the minute.

Second City Saint
August 28th, 2011, 7:05 AM
Talksport's saying van der Wiel to Chelsea for 32m Euros.

Mik
August 28th, 2011, 7:09 AM
I've seen nothing official to back up the Bellamy rumours, so I presumed it was just speculation because he's basically in limbo at the minute.

I've heard that we're in for him, but Spurs are favourites to get him.

Rip
August 28th, 2011, 1:25 PM
We've had a 6.6mil bid turned down for Cissokho which has been confirmed by Lyon's president. I can hear it now 'we tried but couldn't get it over the finishing line. The clubs wouldn't play ball' - Pardew

Back in at 7m, although Pieters is still on apparantley, not sure why we seem so set on getting both :dunno:

Still no striker looking close though, mind we could do worse than just giving Best a good run.

RFF Champ
August 28th, 2011, 3:14 PM
I'd like a striker. Best will score goals and although they were both a result of poor defending he did well to be in the position. Vuckic has broken his hand and I guess Ranger will be sacked.

Personally I think we need a centre mid, a left back, a striker and a centre back. I think we'll get a left back and a striker.

I really hope we ship Alan Smith off, he's really really bad. He came on and gave away a freekick similar to the position which they scored from.

Rip
August 29th, 2011, 2:34 AM
I agree with Smith, he was miles off the game and to be fair he just looks old now, I'd like to see us get a good old style strong centre forward for Best/Ba to play off but there arn't many around, for centre mid we do need some cover for when Tiote buggers of to Africa, or gets banned again but we have got Ben Arfa, Marveux, Gosling, Guthrie and Abied all near to being 100%

Centre half we've just tied up Darnel Situ who is a very good 19 year old (French of course) so he should provide cover for Taylor/Colo/Williamson.

Oh and as for the left back Daily Mail says...

Newcastle United have agreed a 5million deal for Inter Milan full-back Davide Santon.

So now that's 3 we're in various stages of talks with, even we have to land one of them!

Rip
August 29th, 2011, 4:51 AM
Oddest one I've heard...

Mate just texted me to say a friend of his who works security in St James Park told him he heard Pardew talking about Craig Bellamy coming back on a season loan, my first response was b*ll*cks but on reflection we need a striker and a combative figure so I get this sick feeling in my gut that there might be something to it, although I can't find anything on any rumor page (thank God)

Oh and we've had a bid for 'an international' full back accepted and we're discussing terms.

RFF Champ
August 29th, 2011, 6:28 AM
I agree with Smith, he was miles off the game and to be fair he just looks old now, I'd like to see us get a good old style strong centre forward for Best/Ba to play off but there arn't many around, for centre mid we do need some cover for when Tiote buggers of to Africa, or gets banned again but we have got Ben Arfa, Marveux, Gosling, Guthrie and Abied all near to being 100%

Centre half we've just tied up Darnel Situ who is a very good 19 year old (French of course) so he should provide cover for Taylor/Colo/Williamson.

Oh and as for the left back Daily Mail says...

Newcastle United have agreed a 5million deal for Inter Milan full-back Davide Santon.

So now that's 3 we're in various stages of talks with, even we have to land one of them!

Situ has been on trial for a while but I doubt he or Abeid will see much gametime this year. If Cabaye or Tiote were unavailable we'd have to pick between Colo, Guthrie or Gosling in midfield. Gosling was well off the pace the other night but I am optimistic for him, if he can stay fit. I just don't think we can rely on that.

I'll believe these signings when I see them with a club scarf next to Pardew. It could easily be us just linking a few names and then saying we couldn't get them over the finishing line.

Bellamy won't come back, he's said as much.

RFF Champ
August 29th, 2011, 6:34 AM
Fulham have signed Zdenek Grygera on a free. Good signing and good experience.

BBF
August 29th, 2011, 8:56 AM
Oh and we've had a bid for 'an international' full back accepted and we're discussing terms.

Davide Santon appaz

turdpower
August 29th, 2011, 9:09 AM
Aye, he even mentioned him in his previous post. Rip has lost it.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 29th, 2011, 9:20 AM
Bloody hell, that will really seal Santon's fall from grace. I was reading an article about him in the summer, about how when he kept Ronaldo quiet a few years ago in the CL he was being hailed as the future star of Italian football but has failed to live up to the potential of his first season. If Inter are willing to get rid of him for 5 million he must really have had the world drop out of his arsehole.

The Rosk
August 29th, 2011, 10:52 AM
Makoun seemingly off to Olympiakos on a season long loan. WTF. Petrov dw;,an/

The Rosk
August 29th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Surely Chelsea should just offer Spurs 3x million and Benayoun now for Modric. Get it over and done with - he looked lost at sea this weekend.

Ringo
August 29th, 2011, 11:35 AM
That's what we have offered I believe. Benayoun said he would "resolve his future in the next few days" and apparently the only reason Mata was allowed to take Benayoun's shirt "during the season" is because Chelsea have told the Premier League that he is about to leave.

Also:

Scott Parker has completed his transfer from West Ham to Tottenham #WHU #THFC

The Rosk
August 29th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Parker, a player two West Ham fans I work with actually didn't want playing for them this season and thought was massively overrated last year, going straight into the Spurs side. Bit random and I actually don't think this will be the best signing for them. Having said that, he is better than Niko in the centre.

Alf
August 29th, 2011, 11:56 AM
It is awful. Football hurts at the moment.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 29th, 2011, 12:13 PM
Jake Livermore should be pretty pissed off. He hasn't done much wrong, he's 21 now and if he's going to become a Premier League midfielder he needs to start playing in the Premier League. No idea why he was left out of the game yesterday in favour of Kranjcar, other than Redknapp deliberately being a prick, given that Spurs pretty much surrendered the game against United last week when Livermore went off and Kranjcar's lack of legs in central midfield was a major reason that happened. If it's true that he has been offered to West Ham for a season to oil the Parker deal, it's even worse. It smacks of Redknapp playing with a player's future at the club in order to get a quick-fix.

The Rosk
August 29th, 2011, 12:43 PM
This is exactly where I'm standing on the Villa youth players.

Bannan is absolutely screaming to start for us but he's being limited to 7 minute showings. Delph has been great thus far but Heskey is playing in the HOLE and it's fucking cunting me right off. We have seen this before with Gary Cahill being pushed out and then going on to bigger and better things and I really don't want it to happen again. Just seen Hogg has been shipped out for good to Watford for presumably fuck all. I really hope he is the only one of the hugely promising crew of youth to disappoint. But if they aren't given the chances, then when are they going to show it.

RFF Champ
August 29th, 2011, 12:48 PM
Bloody hell, that will really seal Santon's fall from grace. I was reading an article about him in the summer, about how when he kept Ronaldo quiet a few years ago in the CL he was being hailed as the future star of Italian football but has failed to live up to the potential of his first season. If Inter are willing to get rid of him for 5 million he must really have had the world drop out of his arsehole.

It's a part of Ashley's model where we 'gamble' on these somewhat marginalised yet clearly talented young foreign players in the hope that we can benefit from them growing as players and then sell them at a profit. Time will tell how successful it can be but I think it's a sensible approach.

I was beginning to think we would just sign Olivier Bernard on a free for a third time. So I'll be delighted if this goes through if he can play left back.

1_Pablo_Angel
August 29th, 2011, 1:01 PM
This is exactly where I'm standing on the Villa youth players.

Bannan is absolutely screaming to start for us but he's being limited to 7 minute showings. Delph has been great thus far but Heskey is playing in the HOLE and it's fucking cunting me right off. We have seen this before with Gary Cahill being pushed out and then going on to bigger and better things and I really don't want it to happen again. Just seen Hogg has been shipped out for good to Watford for presumably fuck all. I really hope he is the only one of the hugely promising crew of youth to disappoint. But if they aren't given the chances, then when are they going to show it.

Hogg was never really that promising to be fair. Obviously I agree with you about Bannan/Heskey in the Zidane role.

Ringo
August 29th, 2011, 1:07 PM
This Alvaro Pereira deal is bizarre. Between 20 and 25m for a left back? Yes, he can cross and AVB may be planning to use him further forward, but surely an actual winger would be a better option? I imagine we could buy another exciting young talent for that sort of money. Are we even going to play with proper wingers? Very strange indeed. I'll try and trust his judgment.

Oh and we're finally signing De Bruyne as well. Our 8th signing of the year under 23.

Rip
August 29th, 2011, 1:24 PM
Aye, he even mentioned him in his previous post. Rip has lost it.

Nah, this morning we only had the bid in, it was accepted later.

Can't believe it looks like we're going to land a player who was lauded as one of the best young defensive prospects in europe not long ago for around 5m, someone at the club is doing their job right anyhow.

RFF Champ
August 29th, 2011, 2:03 PM
It's ever since Graham Carr was appointed our head scout. Some of his finds, not only in terms of ability but the deals we've got, are simply brilliant.

Gangers
August 29th, 2011, 2:23 PM
Traore having medical at QPR....I know he had a holocaust of a game yesterday (:lol:) but can Arsenal really afford to let a defender go?

BBF
August 29th, 2011, 2:26 PM
Who the fuck have they got left to play in defence for their next game?

Koscielny, Djourou, Squillaci and Sagna (if he's fit)?

Gary J
August 29th, 2011, 2:28 PM
There's Ignasi Miquel but other then that i can't think of anyone else. Maybe they should recall Kyle Bartley from his loan.

Hlebsfall
August 29th, 2011, 2:43 PM
Vermaelen and Gibbs should be back. Though probably they won't be seen for the rest of the season.

Hopefully Squillaci will never play for Arsenal again. If Traore goes though, and they don't get in another left back, Wenger is an even bigger fucking idiot than I thought.

BREAKING NEWS: Arsenal are after Benayoun. Great. A heap of shit in on a free transfer, stunning work.

MMH
August 29th, 2011, 2:50 PM
Vermaelen and Gibbs should be back. Though probably they won't be seen for the rest of the season.

Hopefully Squillaci will never play for Arsenal again. If Traore goes though, and they don't get in another left back, Wenger is an even bigger fucking idiot than I thought.

BREAKING NEWS: Arsenal are after Benayoun. Great. A heap of shit in on a free transfer, stunning work.

Benayoun is a good player. But yeah hes not exactly what you need right now.

BBF
August 29th, 2011, 2:53 PM
Exactly what I was about to say. Hmmm, lightweight attacking midfielder or a natural defensive leader????? HMMMMMM THIS IS A TOUGH ONE.

Rip
August 29th, 2011, 3:00 PM
Wonder if Wenger has finally had a massive breakdown, give it a couple of days and he'll be found with his boxers on his head and two pencils up his nose going 'Wibble'

Peter Griffin
August 29th, 2011, 3:03 PM
Wonder if Wenger has finally had a massive breakdown, give it a couple of days and he'll be found with his boxers on his head and two pencils up his nose going 'Wibble'

I feel like that's a red dwarf reference ,but I can't remember :s

Matt E
August 29th, 2011, 3:07 PM
Blackadder.

Peter Griffin
August 29th, 2011, 3:13 PM
Yeh course it is,for some reason I pictured it being rimmer!

Rip
August 29th, 2011, 3:21 PM
http://www.blogography.com/photos6/Flibble.jpg

Flibble

http://www.kollewin.com/EX/09-16-07/mainImage.jpg

Wibble.

Gary J
August 29th, 2011, 3:30 PM
Exactly what I was about to say. Hmmm, lightweight attacking midfielder or a natural defensive leader????? HMMMMMM THIS IS A TOUGH ONE.

They need both really they've just lost two attacking midfielders in Nasri and Fabregas. Diaby is always injured , Rosicky and Arshavin don't give a fuck judging by yesterdays efforts. Wilshere is currently injured and god knows when hes returning. They also need at least two more strikers because if RVP breaks down as he usually does you wouldn't want to be relying on Bendnter and Chamakh. He could always put Walcott there i suppose but with his injury record would you want to risk him staying injury free.

In Wengers mind they probably have enough cover in defence.

Hlebsfall
August 29th, 2011, 3:34 PM
And Benayoun was out injured for about 7 months last season. He'll fit right in.

Gary J
August 29th, 2011, 3:37 PM
I saw somewhere Van Persie's contract is up at the end of next season. So that will be next summer's transfer saga then.

Ringo
August 29th, 2011, 4:01 PM
Couple of transfers what happened what I didn't realise:

Goran Pandev gone to Napoli on loan from Inter and Osvaldo gone to Roma for €15m + add ons.

Andy
August 29th, 2011, 4:10 PM
All happening now. We've apparently had a bid accepted for Andre Santos, one rejected for Mario Goetze. Also we look likely to go back in for Cahill and M'Vila.

Hlebsfall
August 29th, 2011, 4:15 PM
A 28 YEAR OLD LEFT BACK. OH PRAISE THE LAWDS. He could be as shit as Wayne Bridge for all I care..

Gangers
August 29th, 2011, 4:15 PM
After yesterday, clubs are going to absolutely fleece Arsenal knowing how desperate they are.

Andy
August 29th, 2011, 4:22 PM
Well that is entirely our own fault. Our work this summer has been shambolic. No signings lined up, no replacements lined up, no long term plans. Just too much fannying around. There were raised eyebrows at the prices Man United paid for the likes of Jones and Ashley Young but we'd be lucky to get players of half their quality for double the price now. The board/Wenger will just have to go for it and spend whatever it takes. I hate to think what will happen if we don't. I imagine the very least would be Wenger out, no European football and RVP and Walcott out the door though.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 29th, 2011, 4:24 PM
Arsenal have repeatedly fleeced teams themselves over the years so they should be ok with it. It has to happen, Wenger hasn't got the wiggle room now to fart about over a few million quid.

Ringo
August 29th, 2011, 4:38 PM
I like Andre Santos as a player, but he has been known to play like a lunatic at times.

Andy
August 29th, 2011, 4:40 PM
Good replacement for Clichy then.

Gary J
August 29th, 2011, 5:18 PM
Sounds like Gervinho wants out already judging by his interview with RMC.

"I wanted to play with Samir because he is a big player. His exit has left me in pain,"
"I would have liked to have played with Cesc and Samir,"
"I like to play with great players and it's a shame.
"They left to join big clubs to try their luck elsewhere.
"One day I hope to have the opportunity to play with them again."

Keano's Magic Hat
August 29th, 2011, 5:28 PM
he sounds like a bit of a cunt

son_of_foley
August 29th, 2011, 5:30 PM
Well that is entirely our own fault. Our work this summer has been shambolic. No signings lined up, no replacements lined up, no long term plans. Just too much fannying around. There were raised eyebrows at the prices Man United paid for the likes of Jones and Ashley Young but we'd be lucky to get players of half their quality for double the price now. The board/Wenger will just have to go for it and spend whatever it takes. I hate to think what will happen if we don't. I imagine the very least would be Wenger out, no European football and RVP and Walcott out the door though.

The least Andy . Thats the least that would happen? Fucking hell

Gary J
August 29th, 2011, 5:43 PM
he sounds like a bit of a cunt

Sounds more like stupidity on his part if he really believed Fabregas and Nasri would still be there this season.

MACE
August 29th, 2011, 6:02 PM
Owen Hargreaves to Spurs...? Watch this space.

Andy
August 29th, 2011, 6:26 PM
The least Andy . Thats the least that would happen? Fucking hell

Don't you agree? I've always been very pro-Wenger but if he doesn't act now I believe he'll lose the majority of fans. If we don't make the top 4 I'd be very, very surprised if Wenger is still here next year and even more surprised if RVP or Walcott signed new contracts. Then we'd have a job holding onto the likes of Szcezsny, Vermaelen and Wilshere. I can see us having to do a rebuilding job like Liverpool are going through now if we fail to strengthen in the next 48 hours.

Hlebsfall
August 29th, 2011, 6:29 PM
That Gervinho thing sounds like one of those usual interviews where it has been poorly translated from another language and then had some soundbites taken completely out of context.

Andy
August 29th, 2011, 6:30 PM
Also Rob Draper is reporting that our bid for Goetze was for over 25m euros, while many others are reporting Dortmund want 35m. For gods sake if it will only take 10m euros just pay it.

Bad Collin
August 29th, 2011, 6:34 PM
I love the fact that it takes an 8-2 defeat to convince Wenger that his squad is shit.

Andy
August 29th, 2011, 6:39 PM
Why are you loving this so much BC? Is it because I laughed so heartily at Liverpool last year? :ashamed:

Bad Collin
August 29th, 2011, 6:42 PM
Partly that but mainly because the shitter Arsenal are the more chance we have of getting back in the top four.

Bad Collin
August 29th, 2011, 6:46 PM
Apaz we are in for Yossi too. I loved him in 2008/09 but he has barely played for Chelsea and I have no idea where he would fit into our team now.

Andy
August 29th, 2011, 7:44 PM
I reckon the next couple of days are going to be absolutely mental at Arsenal. Luckily I have nothing to do so I'll spend it all moaning on here.

RFF Champ
August 30th, 2011, 5:09 AM
Santon is confirmed to be in for his medical.

It's all over twitter that we're signing Macheda on loan. I'm not happy about that, why would we take one of Man Utd's youngsters when we have three promising young attackers of our own? I'll be happier if we got Macheda and one of Roux or Maiga but I don't see the sense in signing Macheda.

RFF Champ
August 30th, 2011, 5:13 AM
Stoke's local press are saying they are in talks to loan Lukaku.

Alf
August 30th, 2011, 5:14 AM
What's the deal with Santon? I thought he was breaking into the team.

Simon
August 30th, 2011, 5:16 AM
He was playing regularly a year or two back and people were talking about him as the next big star, but he's been injured a lot and generally a bit crap I think. What happened to that Paloschi kid that Milan had, he was supposedly gonna be amazing but not heard from him in years.

RFF Champ
August 30th, 2011, 5:17 AM
ECG said the other day that he's fallen out of favour. All I know is he was fucking special on football manager a couple of years ago.

Just got to hope that he's decent at left back. Ryan Taylor's start to the season has been very good so it was a bit of a worry that we wouldn't sign another full back.

Andy
August 30th, 2011, 5:54 AM
Arsenal in talks with Per Mertesacker according to SSN. Fuck. Off.

Bad Collin
August 30th, 2011, 6:01 AM
Well, he is an experienced centre back. Would you not by happy with that Andy?

Simon
August 30th, 2011, 6:03 AM
Better than any of the cunts you've got there at the moment surely. Where was Vermaelen yesterday?

El Capitano Gatisto
August 30th, 2011, 6:06 AM
Mertesacker is dung. I thought Wenger had acknowledged needing an established defender with Premier League experience?

Andy
August 30th, 2011, 6:07 AM
Vermaelen was injured, surprise surprise. Mertesacker is absolute shite, so no, I wouldn't be happy with him.

Simon
August 30th, 2011, 6:08 AM
If you genuinely offered 6m for Gary Cahill you deserve the defensive displays you've been putting in.

Andy
August 30th, 2011, 6:11 AM
No it's already been confirmed that we didn't.

RFF Champ
August 30th, 2011, 6:14 AM
Wenger has seemingly been interested in Mertesacker for ages hasn't he? I don't expect Wenger to sign a Premier League defender, he should have gone for Hangeland two years ago, Samba last year, Cahill weeks ago.

RFF Champ
August 30th, 2011, 6:16 AM
Sochaux's president has said that we can sign Maiga if they get a replacement and they have Max Gradel in mind.

Mik
August 30th, 2011, 6:21 AM
At least Mertesacker has some kind of physical presence.

Hlebsfall
August 30th, 2011, 6:28 AM
So did Pascal Cygan.

MACE
August 30th, 2011, 6:29 AM
Stoke's local press are saying they are in talks to loan Lukaku.

Can't happed appaz...

skysports_bryan Bryan Swanson
PL have pointed out Rule M.7.1 which says a player can't go out on loan to another PL club in same window.

Mik
August 30th, 2011, 6:29 AM
Cygan would look good in your current defence.

eldanielfire
August 30th, 2011, 6:34 AM
Cygan would look good in your current defence.

Harsh......but fair :(

Hlebsfall
August 30th, 2011, 6:37 AM
Seriously though, Mertesacker is shit. Clumsy, slow oaf who is going to get even more exposed playing in a ridiculously high line like Arsenal's. Fucking paupers, always looking for the cheap option.

Simon
August 30th, 2011, 6:37 AM
Arsenal could do a lot worse than Nedum Onuoha. Can't believe he is still at City and seemingly not wanted permanently by anyone, he's a very decent player IMO.

Simon
August 30th, 2011, 6:38 AM
Has Wenger considered scouting France for a talented but untested youngster? One possible option.

RFF Champ
August 30th, 2011, 6:51 AM
Genuinely nice to see that we are doing a fair bit of business today. Reportedly Rob Elliot is in for a medical too. I hope this doesn't mean we're pushing out Steve Harper (unless he has decided he wants to go) because I think Soderberg is suitable third choice.

Not sure what this will mean for Charlton's complaint, I guess we're content that it won't go anywhere.

Simon
August 30th, 2011, 6:51 AM
Robbie Elliott :eek:

RFF Champ
August 30th, 2011, 6:53 AM
:D If only it was the real Robbie Elliot, he'd be much better backup than James Perch. He was our fitness coach around the time all our players were getting injured. Bless him.

Mik
August 30th, 2011, 6:54 AM
Arsenal could do a lot worse than Nedum Onuoha. Can't believe he is still at City and seemingly not wanted permanently by anyone, he's a very decent player IMO.

Onuoha is good.

The Rosk
August 30th, 2011, 6:57 AM
I mean this with full sincerity, but Arsenal should go for Cuellar. Cheap and solid, will get to everything in the air and remarkably left out of Villa's team for ages. I'm being deadly serious.

Mik
August 30th, 2011, 6:59 AM
They should take Titus Bramble for 6m.