PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Simon
August 16th, 2011, 6:10 AM
Forlan would be my pick as well. I don't know exactly what we're willing to offer the various players we're after but I'm not seeing anyone who is fundamentally out of our league, this isn't like when we used to go for the world's best when we were a midtable side.

Falcao and Hulk would be lovely - now personally I don't understand why a player would want to move from a side that is bigger than us and in the CL to us, just because we're in a bigger league, but it happens all the time. Cabaye went from the French champions to fucking NEWCASTLE. So it's not out of the question, and our exploits in Europe last year obviously made a good impression.

I don't know enough about Huntelaar's situation at Schalke to know whether that would be realistic, nor have I seen enough of him to say if he would be a good addition as he certainly isn't as hyped as he was a few years ago.

It might well be that we have to take a punt on someone - Leandro Damiao and Abel Hernandez have both been mentioned as potential signings. There's no guarantee that they would be able to come in and do well for us, so I wouldn't want to ONLY sign someone like that, we'd need an established name as well. But what it comes down to is that we had one of the best and most creative midfields in the league last year, with a formation designed to get loads of goals for whoever VDV is playing off, and all three options were sub-par. It is of course possible that we were just unlucky that all three had poor seasons and will all come back to form this year, but it's not a risk we can afford to take with so much at stake this year.

If we get to September 1st with no new strikers and Defoe/Crouch/Pav DON'T improve on last year, we will not only fail to get CL again, but will consequently lose Modric and Bale and whatever money we get for them won't change the fact that we aren't in a position to replace them with players of similar quality.

I am genuinely shocked that anyone would argue against the idea that we need a new striker...did you see us last year?

Simon
August 16th, 2011, 6:12 AM
Yeah I agree. But it will be a punt. I don't think Spurs are in a position to sign a big name who will guarantee goals.

My idea would be to either go all-out for someone like Falcao - pay the money they want, big wages to convince him to come, and kick on - OR sign a youngster (not a 16-year old like Coulibaly, someone who has already played a bit of football like Hernandez or Damiao) AND an experienced campaigner like Forlan to take the pressure off the youngster and allow him to bed in for a year.

Simon
August 16th, 2011, 6:13 AM
Falcao would be my dream signing though. Ever since I first saw him I have loved him. We should make our new transfer tactic to just find out who Porto are after and get in ahead of them, they are unbelievable at finding the right players.

Beefy
August 16th, 2011, 6:17 AM
Falcao is pie in the sky stuff. He plays for a Club of comparable size (arguably bigger), he's playing Champions League football in a cracking climate earning as much money as he'd get at Spurs and is seemingly on the shopping list of a number of elite Clubs (including Chelsea and Madrid). Fixating on players like that does no good.

Alf
August 16th, 2011, 6:21 AM
Harry is apparently looking at Ruiz tonight.

FC Twente - AZ - Stiftbal Bryan Ruiz - YouTube

That's the type of player we should be chancing our arm with. And we need to try out our youth.

Twente have said he's not for sale though, and I'm not sure he's the big LOG type we need.

Simon
August 16th, 2011, 6:22 AM
Oh I don't expect to get him, like I say he is my dream signing but I'm not holding out any hopes. As I mentioned before though, weirdly these deals DO sometimes happen. I am still getting my head round why Cabaye would want to leave the French champions and the lure of CL football to go and play for Newcastle this season, it makes no sense but here we are.

It's quite interesting to try to work out the logic of it, I guess there is a fear among players at top clubs outside the big three/four leagues that they might get ignored - to be fair, while players DO go from those clubs to big sides (Coentrao, Di Maria, previously Deco and Carvalho) there are a lot that never quite make the step up to the top leagues - Moutinho was linked for years with a move to Barca, Madrid, United etc before moving from Sporting to Porto for example. So while moving from Porto to Spurs is a step backwards in the short term, it might be seen as a step forwards in the long term simply because of the exposure you get from being in a big league.

Simon
August 16th, 2011, 6:23 AM
Harry is apparently looking at Ruiz tonight.

FC Twente - AZ - Stiftbal Bryan Ruiz - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2mza_ABtnw&)

That's the type of player we should be chancing our arm with. And we need to try out our youth.

Twente have said he's not for sale though, and I'm not sure he's the big LOG type we need.

He's more of an attacking mid than a striker, in the VDV/Kranjcar mould. I hope fat sexy Niko gets more football this year. Everton should buy Pienaar back off us, he has been pish since he joined.

Simon
August 16th, 2011, 6:49 AM
Supposedly Der Hammer has been training with us all week.

son_of_foley
August 16th, 2011, 6:53 AM
Hopefully just talking Huddlestone through shooting

Simon
August 16th, 2011, 6:55 AM
Good Premier League player available on a free but we don't need him and it's just more wages going on someone we will struggle to get rid of a year or so down the line.

Alf
August 16th, 2011, 7:12 AM
Who are you talking about?

Ringo
August 16th, 2011, 7:15 AM
Hitzlsperger

Alf
August 16th, 2011, 7:39 AM
Jesus fucking christ.

RFF Champ
August 16th, 2011, 7:56 AM
Forlan would be my pick as well. I don't know exactly what we're willing to offer the various players we're after but I'm not seeing anyone who is fundamentally out of our league, this isn't like when we used to go for the world's best when we were a midtable side.

Falcao and Hulk would be lovely - now personally I don't understand why a player would want to move from a side that is bigger than us and in the CL to us, just because we're in a bigger league, but it happens all the time. Cabaye went from the French champions to fucking NEWCASTLE. So it's not out of the question, and our exploits in Europe last year obviously made a good impression.

You've mentioned this a couple of times now but I think he's a unique case. I don't know if you read the Times last week with a piece about Cabaye.

He comes across as very down to earth, saying his pasttimes are cinema and books. He said the attraction was the Newcastle support, praising the 7k fans at Darlington despite the pitch invasion. He also mentioned wanting to test himself in England to get in the Europa League etc. basically he sees the club as a stepping stone. I think we were just fortunate that we had done our homework on the escape clause and we wrapped it all up quickly.

What's more we have a lot of French speakers which will help him settle. I love him.

son_of_foley
August 16th, 2011, 8:00 AM
Yeah you have an infastructure now and I assume you have alluded to the moves of Carroll and the like to say we are progressive we won't be a dick and we'll let you move on to BIGGER things if they come along.

son_of_foley
August 16th, 2011, 8:01 AM
Oh I don't expect to get him, like I say he is my dream signing but I'm not holding out any hopes. As I mentioned before though, weirdly these deals DO sometimes happen. I am still getting my head round why Cabaye would want to leave the French champions and the lure of CL football to go and play for Newcastle this season, it makes no sense but here we are.

It's quite interesting to try to work out the logic of it, I guess there is a fear among players at top clubs outside the big three/four leagues that they might get ignored - to be fair, while players DO go from those clubs to big sides (Coentrao, Di Maria, previously Deco and Carvalho) there are a lot that never quite make the step up to the top leagues - Moutinho was linked for years with a move to Barca, Madrid, United etc before moving from Sporting to Porto for example. So while moving from Porto to Spurs is a step backwards in the short term, it might be seen as a step forwards in the long term simply because of the exposure you get from being in a big league.

Surely this is massively fucked by the perceived blocking of Modric from moving on and the pissing around of Kranjar in terms of asking 10m for him when he just wants first team football.

If I was looking for a stepping stone club I would think Spurs seem less of a stepping stone and more of a fucking bear trap

MMH
August 16th, 2011, 8:28 AM
He's more of an attacking mid than a striker, in the VDV/Kranjcar mould. I hope fat sexy Niko gets more football this year. Everton should buy Pienaar back off us, he has been pish since he joined.

What do you suggest we buy him with? Magic fucking beans?

WE HAVE NO MONEY.

The Rosk
August 16th, 2011, 8:34 AM
I told you Pienaar would be dogshit.

Simon
August 16th, 2011, 8:39 AM
Surely this is massively fucked by the perceived blocking of Modric from moving on and the pissing around of Kranjar in terms of asking 10m for him when he just wants first team football.

If I was looking for a stepping stone club I would think Spurs seem less of a stepping stone and more of a fucking bear trap

Please, we're a great club to play for. Good football, excellent place to live (well...), decent wages, playing in the biggest and highest exposure league in the world and the opportunity to both compete for a CL place and potentially move on to a one of the top clubs around the world. One player not immediately getting his way isn't going to turn every potential signing off the idea.

I think it's worth bearing in mind as well that this issue is, at least partly, specifically about Chelsea being the buying club IMO. We'll never know for sure, but I would be interested to know whether we would have had a similar attitude had it been City or United looking to sign him. Of course we would still have tried to keep him, but I suspect Levy thinks Chelsea might be something of a weak link in the top four, as well as being local rivals AND some bad feeling still existing over the Arnesen situation from years back which would have strengthened his resolve. Certainly we would be more likely to accept a deal if the bid was coming from abroad, which might appeal to players from Portugal for example.

son_of_foley
August 16th, 2011, 8:50 AM
Kranjar complained about the asking price in the press didn't he and that was to a foreign club. Didn't he?

What does the supposed quality of the football really matter when you're looking at sides on your level? What sides around your level play awful football? You say potential move to one of the top clubs around the world but surely in someones eyes they see Modric this summer, they see whats happening with Niko and they see that Berbatov went on strike to get his move? It doesn't from the outside seem like Spurs still see themselves as that stepping stone anymore

Simon
August 16th, 2011, 9:30 AM
Eboue has left Arsenal :(

El Capitano Gatisto
August 16th, 2011, 2:00 PM
Pretty disappointed to see Robbie Keane take the easy way out and semi-retire at the age of 31 by going to LA Galaxy. Can't say it's not an attractive move to make lifestyle-wise, but still, I thought he just needed a move to a decent club and he could still do a fine job at Premier League level for a year or two. He still puts in good work for Ireland. Really disappointing how his career just petered out at 27 when he should have been stepping up to the CL at that point, having been one of the best forwards in the Premier League for 2-3 years before that.

He'll still get on for Ireland as long as he keeps scoring and I suppose at least he'll be playing games in a fairly physical league, but Shane Long is pushing for a starting place beside Doyle now. He's improved beyond all recognition in the past season and looked comfortable at the weekend at Premier League level again.

Also I'd love to see Spurs stick a sneaky bid in for Raul if it's true he's not happy at Schalke.

Simon
August 16th, 2011, 2:09 PM
Me too, when Beefy mentioned it I barely acknowledged it as I didn't think there was any reason to think it was possible. Did you see his goal at the weekend? Erection-inducing.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 16th, 2011, 2:12 PM
He's a class act. Football Weekly were talking about him on yesterday's podcast, guessing you may have heard it and Fjortoft's nice line about Rangnick's criticism of Raul's style.

Beefy
August 16th, 2011, 4:49 PM
Balague is claiming that Raul wanted to go to Blackburn but Schalke won't let him go.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 16th, 2011, 5:06 PM
God it would be depressing if Raul turned out for that Blackburn side. He belongs in a football team.

da_man
August 16th, 2011, 5:08 PM
Don't do it to yourself, Raul. Join a team that isn't a laughing stock managed by a criminal and owned by incompetent chicken pluckers.

turdpower
August 16th, 2011, 5:23 PM
Get Hierro and Redondo too.

Simon
August 16th, 2011, 5:40 PM
He's a class act. Football Weekly were talking about him on yesterday's podcast, guessing you may have heard it and Fjortoft's nice line about Rangnick's criticism of Raul's style.

Yeah heard it. In my head he was still doing the aeroplane while saying it.

Simon
August 16th, 2011, 5:40 PM
Most respected Spurs ITK currently going reckons all terms have been agreed with Adebaps. Come on. Please.

Bluemoon
August 16th, 2011, 7:47 PM
Season loan?

Simon
August 17th, 2011, 4:06 AM
Dunno.

son_of_foley
August 17th, 2011, 4:11 AM
Who is the most respected of the ITK?

I doubt they have the track record of DCFC_KEV who appears to have died

Simon
August 17th, 2011, 4:13 AM
POTL. It's all relative though, I can honestly say I have the best record of any ITK over the past year or so on the Tottenham forums as the few loans we've sent out to QPR and Doncaster have all been correctly predicted by me as I know a couple of lads whose dads are on the board or whatever for those clubs.

RFF Champ
August 17th, 2011, 4:18 AM
Do you have a left back you could loan us who can go straight into a derby day environment?

RFF Champ
August 17th, 2011, 4:19 AM
Fraser Forster has gone back on loan to Celtic. Looks like we see Krul as the future.

Simon
August 17th, 2011, 4:19 AM
Disco Benny is literally the calmest player in the world but you can't have him because I love him. Danny Rose is our back up left back so we have to keep him. You could have the Bass though.

RFF Champ
August 17th, 2011, 4:21 AM
Someone needs to create a graph that details the increasing likeliness with everyday that goes by that we sign Wayne Bridge on loan. One of the papers is speculating it this morning.

son_of_foley
August 17th, 2011, 4:22 AM
Just play Ferguson

RFF Champ
August 17th, 2011, 4:24 AM
Ferguson is destined to be a winger. He's been injured lately and there's not been much info about what's wrong with him or whether he's fully fit now.

RFF Champ
August 17th, 2011, 4:25 AM
Disco Benny is literally the calmest player in the world but you can't have him because I love him. Danny Rose is our back up left back so we have to keep him. You could have the Bass though.

Speaking of BAE, did you see the interview with him on the BBC sport website when he was out meeting locals in Tottenham? He seems like a really nice lad and he was wearing an Angry Birds t-shirt.

Simon
August 17th, 2011, 4:25 AM
Someone needs to create a graph that details the increasing likeliness with everyday that goes by that we sign Wayne Bridge on loan. One of the papers is speculating it this morning.

(x)|/_
...............(y)

*(x) = likelihood of Bridge being signed
*(y) = date leading up to Sep 1st

RFF Champ
August 17th, 2011, 4:29 AM
There is always the slight chance that we re-brand Xisco as a left back and hope no one notices because no one knows what one of our highest earners look like.

Simon
August 17th, 2011, 4:31 AM
Speaking of BAE, did you see the interview with him on the BBC sport website when he was out meeting locals in Tottenham? He seems like a really nice lad and he was wearing an Angry Birds t-shirt.

Yeah did see that. He comes across fantastic in every interview. Just an intelligent and thoughtful lad who doesn't bullshit.

Alf
August 17th, 2011, 4:59 AM
He seems lovely. I'd love to go out for a beer with him.

He drives a fucking smart car or something equally shit.

Simon
August 17th, 2011, 5:02 AM
Imagine being an educated man like him and sitting in that dressing room with Lennon kissing his teeth at photos of blonde teenagers and Michael Dawson dribbling out the side of his mouth while accidentally stroking a cat to death like Lennie in Of Mice and Men. Must be infuriating.

Simon
August 17th, 2011, 7:00 AM
Adebayor nearly done apparently.

Donzo
August 17th, 2011, 7:28 AM
Bentley going to Fulham

Alf
August 17th, 2011, 7:33 AM

I get the feeling City are just giving us the run around.

Bentley going? FUCK YES.

RFF Champ
August 17th, 2011, 7:52 AM
Bentley going to Fulham

Source? Difficult to see them being able to stump up his wages but I think would be a good signing.

Invi
August 17th, 2011, 7:59 AM
Sneijder to Man Utd is a story refusing to die (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3756110/Wesley-Sneijder-tells-Man-Utd-Ill-take-pay-cut.html):

WESLEY SNEIJDER has slashed his pay demand to make sure the Manchester United deal goes through.
The worried Dutch star, 27, looked to have blown his chance of leaving Inter Milan by asking for £200,000 a week.

Sneijder is now prepared to slash that demand by £60,000 a week.

It would still making him the second highest paid star at United - behind Wayne Rooney on £250,000 a week.

United offered Sneijder a contract last month and Inter were happy to sell at £35million.

But the Premier League champs could not agree on Sneijder's pay.

The attacking midfielder was sure they would come back with a new offer but that has not happened.

RFF Champ
August 17th, 2011, 8:00 AM
Marca are reporting that Atletico have reached agreements to sign Osvaldo for 17milEUR and Falcao for 35milEUR + Elias. Wow.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 17th, 2011, 8:02 AM
Sneijder to Man Utd is a story refusing to die (http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3756110/Wesley-Sneijder-tells-Man-Utd-Ill-take-pay-cut.html):

Moratti is quoted everywhere today as saying he's not for sale, particularly now that Eto'o seems to be gone. I still think it could be all posturing though, I reckon it's a deadline day job after Inter line up a couple of big signings themselves.

RFF Champ
August 17th, 2011, 8:03 AM
Odemwingie on Twitter: 'To my dear WBA supporters. I love this club and will leave only to a TOP team which is understandable. Nothing abnormal is going on. Contract is not signed cos of the duration of it. Figures agreed long time ago cos I know this is not real madrid'

aka 'Arsene? Arry? come get me'.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 17th, 2011, 8:04 AM
Marca are reporting that Atletico have reached agreements to sign Osvaldo for 17milEUR and Falcao for 35milEUR + Elias. Wow.

Spending the Aguero and de Gea money. They took that new young Chelsea keeper on loan too. They'll still be a mess most likely.

Alf
August 17th, 2011, 8:14 AM
Source? Difficult to see them being able to stump up his wages but I think would be a good signing.

Skysports news it appears.

Beefy
August 17th, 2011, 8:21 AM

The Marca article is saying that they're rushing through the transfer because the deadline for registering players in the Champions League is Wednesday. That's not true is it? I wonder if they mean next Wednesday?

http://www.marca.com/2011/08/17/futbol/equipos/atletico/1313560242.html

EDIT - English translation: http://translate.google.co.uk/translate?js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&sl=es&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.marca.com%2F2011%2F08%2F17%2Ffu tbol%2Fequipos%2Fatletico%2F1313560242.html

Donzo
August 17th, 2011, 8:24 AM
Wenger going to spend £40m on players if he identifies the right ones...

Apparently, he fancies that wee man Valbuena from Marseille.

Simon
August 17th, 2011, 8:25 AM
So Beefy what are your opinions on Atletico being able to sign Falcao then? Seeing as it was pie in the sky that we might be able to :D Atletico aren't even in the Europa this year!

son_of_foley
August 17th, 2011, 8:26 AM
Whats your take on Spurs not being in at 35m euros?

Donzo
August 17th, 2011, 8:28 AM
Sunderland buying Kranjcar, could be a quality buy for them...

RFF Champ
So Beefy what are your opinions on Atletico being able to sign Falcao then? Seeing as it was pie in the sky that we might be able to :D Atletico aren't even in the Europa this year!

I'm pretty sure they are in the Europa.

Red Dog
Madrid isnt a cesspitt that has just been looted and firebombed....

Andy
Arsenal should be in at that price...everyone should be in at that price...

El Capitano Gatisto
Pretty sure they are in the Europe League.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 17th, 2011, 8:29 AM
Bollocks.

Simon
:dunno: Just looked at last year's league table and they finished seventh.

RFF Champ
Just seen on the Europa website that Atletico have also signed Arda Turan. They're building a quality side.

RFF Champ
August 17th, 2011, 8:31 AM
Sunderland buying Kranjcar, could be a quality buy for them...

The quotes from Kranjcar's agent were given to a Roma fanzine. I think it's fair to say that they should be taken with a pinch of salt. Sunderland need to get rid of some of the deadwood because their wage budget has swelled this summer.

I think Spurs will be waiting to see what's happening with the Adebayor and Modric moves before letting him go out on loan.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 17th, 2011, 8:31 AM
I don't know if the Copa del Rey carries a Europa place or not but either way, Madrid and Barca contested the final so maybe that's why 7th place gets them in. Anyway, the UEFA website has them in the play-off round for it so they're definitely in.

Donzo
August 17th, 2011, 8:32 AM

Asking for £170k per week :eek: hopefully he gets his head outta his ringo

Lagom
August 17th, 2011, 8:33 AM
I don't think Atletico could have found a more perfect replacement for Forlan. Falcao is amazing. Glad Spurs didn't get him

Beefy
August 17th, 2011, 8:33 AM

But as sof said, Spurs haven't signed him so I don't see why you think this is something you've now got over me! I don't think Spurs have got the money to either pay the €35m fee or to pay the wages he'd be getting there so to think he'd have gone to Tottenham is pie in the sky.

I've said before that I don't think Champions League football is the be-all-and-end-all that it's made out to be but it would be a factor. At Atletico he's moving a shorter distance to a hot, European city (albeit one full of pickpocketing scumbags) on a big money contract. I can see why that would be more appealing than moving to a cold, rainy city (which was in flames last week) to play for a side who have spent the last 20 years in midtable, earning mediocre wages for a Chairman who lies to players and stands in their way when big clubs come in for them.

Donzo
August 17th, 2011, 8:34 AM
The quotes from Kranjcar's agent were given to a Roma fanzine. I think it's fair to say that they should be taken with a pinch of salt. Sunderland need to get rid of some of the deadwood because their wage budget has swelled this summer.

I think Spurs will be waiting to see what's happening with the Adebayor and Modric moves before letting him go out on loan.

Ah right, the story I read claimed the quotes were given to the Daily Express...

Dave
August 17th, 2011, 8:35 AM
I don't know if the Copa del Rey carries a Europa place or not but either way, Madrid and Barca contested the final so maybe that's why 7th place gets them in. Anyway, the UEFA website has them in the play-off round for it so they're definitely in.
Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010%E2%80%9311_La_Liga#League_table) says it is exactly because of that.

Beefy
August 17th, 2011, 8:37 AM
Falcao to Atletico is shit for my RFF team anyway. He'll do alright there but won't get anything like the goals he did in Protugal. Load of bollocks :irked:

El Capitano Gatisto
August 17th, 2011, 8:44 AM
But as sof said, Spurs haven't signed him so I don't see why you think this is something you've now got over me! I don't think Spurs have got the money to either pay the €35m fee or to pay the wages he'd be getting there so to think he'd have gone to Tottenham is pie in the sky.

I've said before that I don't think Champions League football is the be-all-and-end-all that it's made out to be but it would be a factor. At Atletico he's moving a shorter distance to a hot, European city (albeit one full of pickpocketing scumbags) on a big money contract. I can see why that would be more appealing than moving to a cold, rainy city (which was in flames last week) to play for a side who have spent the last 20 years in midtable, earning mediocre wages for a Chairman who lies to players and stands in their way when big clubs come in for them.

I think as sof was alluding to in regards to Spurs not being much of a stepping stone, also, Atletico appear reasonably willing to let players go to big clubs if they get a realistic fee, so Falcao knows that if he does well, he has a reasonable shot of winning the odd trophy and getting into the CL and eventually getting a move to a top side if he wants. Although many English journalists aren't fully aware of it, Aguero properly made his name in La Liga by pissing on Barca a couple of seasons ago, the potential for big games in La Liga to showcase yourself must be tempting.

Donzo
August 17th, 2011, 8:45 AM
Alessio Cerci going to City, if Juve don't get him first.

Simon
August 17th, 2011, 8:57 AM
Fuck you lot. Especially Beefy. Levy is going to trump the bid and bring Falcao 'home'.

turdpower
August 17th, 2011, 9:27 AM

Well it seems to appear in the Sun alot and then SSN and every other paper seem to report that the deal isn't going to happen.

Alf
August 17th, 2011, 10:50 AM
We definitely wouldn't be able to stump up the sort of wages Falcor would have been offered by Atletico anyway.

Simon
August 17th, 2011, 10:51 AM
From a City ITK on the Blue Moon forums re. Adebayor...

"Completed.

Season long loan with option to buy for £12m

Spurs pay £85k pw, we pay £90k pw

Lennon or Bale not built into the equation.

Bum deal if you ask me."

HYPE TING.

Lagom
August 17th, 2011, 11:03 AM
We definitely wouldn't be able to stump up the sort of wages Falcor would have been offered by Atletico anyway.

He is pretty magicalf

http://kevzabel.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/falcor-puzzle.jpg

Donzo
August 17th, 2011, 11:06 AM
From a City ITK on the Blue Moon forums re. Adebayor...

HYPE TING.

Cunt better not start on Monday :mad:

Alf
August 17th, 2011, 11:06 AM
Bloody love luck dragons me.

turdpower
August 17th, 2011, 11:07 AM
SSN have just said Anzhi have offered Eto'o 300k a week after tax. Jesus fuck.

Simon
August 17th, 2011, 11:08 AM
I don't care what you cunts say about Adebayor he gets a free pass from me for hating the cunts down the road as much as I do AND he is better than any of our other strikers regardless of what Biffo the big bastard says. If this is actually confirmed I will cream.

Simon
August 17th, 2011, 11:08 AM
SSN have just said Anzhi have offered Eto'o 300k a week after tax. Jesus fuck.

£300k a week and he'll never have to pay for fruit because the cunts over there will be pelting him with nanas every chance they get.

RFF Champ
August 17th, 2011, 11:09 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing Adebayor doing interviews in an Arsenal polo shirt like he did while at Man City.

Beefy
August 17th, 2011, 11:12 AM
If City are really paying Adebayor more to play for Spurs than Spurs will be then that says a lot about how much they rate Adebayor and/or how much they rate Spurs.

It'll end in tears, I tell you.

Simon
August 17th, 2011, 11:17 AM
Adebayor Singing at Stamford Bridge - YouTube

LOVE HIM

Simon
August 17th, 2011, 11:20 AM
If City are really paying Adebayor more to play for Spurs than Spurs will be then that says a lot about how much they rate Adebayor and/or how much they rate Spurs.

You don't think it says more about how little they give a shit about money?

If they underrate us then that is great news. Realistically we're not in competition with them now I think, they will be in the top two or three with United and probably Chelsea, with us, Arsenal and Liverpool (and POSSIBLY Chelsea but unlikely) competing for the last one or two spots. That is the reality for us now, and if the one upside is that we can get the players that aren't quite good enough for City or have burned their bridges there, then we have to take that.

turdpower
August 17th, 2011, 11:20 AM
I'm looking forward to seeing Adebayor doing interviews in an Arsenal polo shirt like he did while at Man City.

Haha.

Simon
August 17th, 2011, 11:21 AM
Adebayor dancing 3rd eye - YouTube

Y'all ready for this?

Donzo
August 17th, 2011, 11:26 AM
Dances like Smell It?

El Capitano Gatisto
August 17th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Adebayor is still a class striker. I think this is a good deal for Spurs, because he is on loan he'll probably play like a beast. If not, they don't have to sign him. If they do end up signing him, they'll get 6 months decent football out of him the next season before he agitates for a move to AC Milan.

Brilliant player, worth the punt.

RFF Champ
August 17th, 2011, 11:43 AM
QPR are after Patrick Van Aanholt on loan.

Bluemoon
August 17th, 2011, 12:26 PM
No idea why it hasn't worked with Adebayor, I mean he is an excellent forward. I guess its cos he's a lazy fucker and Mancini has none of that.

Beefy
August 17th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Bluemoon, tell me that Tevez is staying.

Bad Collin
August 17th, 2011, 12:31 PM
I can't believe City are going to pay Ade while he is at Spurs, they should even things out by giving us someone too.

Lagom
August 17th, 2011, 12:50 PM
Like Tevez :)

El Capitano Gatisto
August 17th, 2011, 12:51 PM
Well even getting half his wages off the bill is a big chunk of change for the year, better than having him on the bench just soaking up money.

Lagom
August 17th, 2011, 1:00 PM
If Adebayor went on loan to Spurs, and City managed to win the League, if Adebayor has a League-winning bonus, does he still get it as he'd still be on their books?

turdpower
August 17th, 2011, 1:02 PM
He won't get a league winning bonus because City won't win the league.

Lagom
August 17th, 2011, 1:16 PM
That wasn't the question, tubby ;)

MMH
August 17th, 2011, 1:29 PM
Just seen on the Europa website that Atletico have also signed Arda Turan. They're building a quality side.

Turan and Falcao? This lot are slowly turning into my favourite team.

Simon
August 17th, 2011, 1:33 PM
Hey fuck you MMH Falcao was my find.

1_Pablo_Angel
August 17th, 2011, 1:38 PM
We were linked with him after his first half decent season at River Plate. 'The new Angel', they said.

:hyper:

Martin O'Neill basically laughed at the suggestion that he would move for a glamorous sounding, South American forward :grumpy:

Ringo
August 17th, 2011, 1:39 PM
Football Manager and everyone who buys it got there first.

Andy
August 17th, 2011, 1:39 PM

This is what baffles me about the deal. It's a potentially excellent move for Spurs but why would City allow it? Are they really that confident of not having to be in a scrap for fourth at all? That would be a big risk on their part. And if he's available for what is probably a loan fee and less that £100k a week I'm surprised a few other teams aren't in for him.

Simon
August 17th, 2011, 1:40 PM
Jealous.

Bluemoon
August 17th, 2011, 1:40 PM
Bluemoon, tell me that Tevez is staying.

Up into January probably.

Bluemoon
August 17th, 2011, 1:45 PM
I can't believe City are going to pay Ade while he is at Spurs, they should even things out by giving us someone too.

This baffles me, as much as rich as our owners are, surely they want to balance the books like any other business men.

Simon
August 17th, 2011, 1:55 PM
Like ECG has already said - no one is going to take him on the wages he's on, and this way you're getting at least £4m off the wage bill, even if you're not able to get the full 7-8m gone.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 17th, 2011, 2:02 PM
City need to get a cohesive squad together too, the faster they get rid of miscreants who aren't interested in being there, the better. I think they have the quality now in attack, allied to their defensive resilience, to definitely make a strong title challenge but the problem will be that their squad is seemingly constantly having problems or has too many wasters floating about just there for the big wages. United have a massive advantage in terms of will to win, plus the determination and competition in their squad driving performances.

MMH
August 17th, 2011, 2:10 PM
Hey fuck you MMH Falcao was my find.

Hes been a top player for a while now.

I had him in Footy manager 2005 for Lazio as an ageing ex superstar!

Keano's Magic Hat
August 17th, 2011, 3:11 PM
£29m for Nasri, as is being quoted, more than makes up for the relatively 'small' amount received for Fabregas. Arsenal are probably the only team in England who could lose those two players and have a potentially better midfield ready to step up in Wilshere and Ramsey.

If Wenger puts the money to good use I really think Arsenal will have a better team than they did last season. Fabregas has missed a lot of games through injury and Nasri has been class for a total of 5 months in four years. One midfielder, two defenders. Job done.

RFF Champ
August 17th, 2011, 3:15 PM
Equally Adebayor could help Spurs take points off other top 4 rivals which directly benefits City. I can understand why given their squad and Tottenham's they would consider themselves to be superior to Spurs even if they have Ade.

Andy
August 17th, 2011, 3:26 PM
Less than two weeks though KMH. Hard to be positive at the moment. I really think we need at the very least four players. Centre back, def mid, at least one attacking mid and based on Chamakh last night, another striker.

God only knows what our team for Liverpool will be.

Andy
August 17th, 2011, 3:29 PM
£29m for Nasri is absolutely crackers though. 80 odd million we've taken off them in the last couple of years.

turdpower
August 17th, 2011, 3:36 PM
Watching Nigel Winterburns list of what he'd spend £50m quid on was fairly amusing.

He seemed to think he could get Xabi Alonso for 17M.

Rip
August 17th, 2011, 3:37 PM
There is always the slight chance that we re-brand Xisco as a left back and hope no one notices because no one knows what one of our highest earners look like.

He's f'ed of back to spain again, still crap missed a penalty in his first start.

Winkle van Tinkle
August 17th, 2011, 3:45 PM
Not really sure who i'd like in with all this money burning a hole in our pocket.

Personally, i'd go for Cahill for £17m. The likes of Blackburn and Everton will milk us for everything they can, and rightly so, and draw the transfer out. If the £17m buyout for Cahill is true, then just slap it in and get it done in 48 hours.

That just leaves us needing a midfielder and a striker. To be honest, it won't happen, but i'd welcome little Lass back to the team.

Fuck it while we're at it, bring back Big Bad Adebayor as well until January when he'll be disinterested and wanting to go somewhere else.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 17th, 2011, 3:49 PM
£29m for Nasri, as is being quoted, more than makes up for the relatively 'small' amount received for Fabregas. Arsenal are probably the only team in England who could lose those two players and have a potentially better midfield ready to step up in Wilshere and Ramsey.

If Wenger puts the money to good use I really think Arsenal will have a better team than they did last season. Fabregas has missed a lot of games through injury and Nasri has been class for a total of 5 months in four years. One midfielder, two defenders. Job done.

I agree their midfield still looks good at full strength but their squad is light on senior numbers. They need good defenders and strikers because they have too much shite hanging round there right now.

Like I said last night, I'm not sure Wenger will spend big with Arsenal's place in the CL still a doubt. I think he'd have met Mata's clause if he was sure of their CL place. The atmosphere around Arsenal looks bad and Wenger looks defeated, the squad has glaring holes in it that have been there for a number of seasons and he has just lost a serious bit of attacking strength. Wenger needs to get real quality in now, none of this smart-arse Koscielny shite, or they're in trouble.

Andy
August 17th, 2011, 3:59 PM
Granted it's only been two games, but Koscielny has been widely accepted as one of, if not our best player so far by most Arsenal fans. He gave the ball away once in a bad position last night but the midfield had completely deserted him. He's had two very good games.

He can most certainly be improved upon but he's not bad.

I'd also welcome Diarra back. Maybe play him and Song alongside Wilshere in big games. Benzema seems to have cemented his place at Real now so why not test the waters and throw in a big bid for Higuain. Same with Falcao if it's true Atletico are negotiating for around £35m. Mata too. And Cahill. And a left back.

We'll sign Sylvain Distin and Jadson.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 17th, 2011, 4:03 PM
I don't think any defender who can be relied upon to gift the opponents 1-2 chances per game can be considered good. I think he's complete guff and Wenger personally let me down by signing him for £10 million whe bleating on about looking for value. I am a Wenger fan but that sort of move makes Wenger fans look like bastards.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 17th, 2011, 4:05 PM
There was talk of Arsenal being in for Douglas Costa as well earlier in the summer, that'd be interesting.

Gary J
August 17th, 2011, 4:05 PM
Mata is supposedly off to Chelsea.

Andy
August 17th, 2011, 4:14 PM
City apparently paying £29m for Nasri, paying him £200k/week and giving him a £5m signing on fee. :nuts:

Keano's Magic Hat
August 17th, 2011, 4:17 PM
yeah, but he's not going for the money. he said so himself in that interview a month back.

not sure how this transfer will go, Nasri is apparently a bit of a problem in the changing room and falls out with teammates all the time. they have better players in his position and i can see him becoming another failure who city can't get rid of a few years from now

saying that, if he can play like he did for arsenal early on last season consistently then he could be a world class addition. another risky transfer, though

El Capitano Gatisto
August 17th, 2011, 4:22 PM
I think it will be a problem signing also. His attitude is questionable, he's best position is taken by a better player in Silva. They also have Milner, Balotelli and Johnson as wingers. It does just smack of another signing who won't help team spirit, and like I said I think they need harmony in their squad more than anything else. They have enough over-paid reserves and malcontents already.

Donzo
August 17th, 2011, 4:23 PM
They need to ship Balotelli ASAP. He could get any manager sacked and fall out with the entire squad

El Capitano Gatisto
August 17th, 2011, 4:27 PM
I think Balotelli gets a bad rap from the press, they're always misquoting him. Those reports a few weeks ago about him being unhappy were woeful when you look at what he actually said. Mancini used to be a flamboyant bastard as well, so its weird he gives Balotelli so much grief.

Donzo
August 17th, 2011, 4:50 PM
I was over at the Community Shield, and it was the most disrespectful and petulent display I've ever seen from a player towards a manager. His performance was also pathetic, and I guarantee it was pissing off players like De Jong, who actually seem to put in 100%.

Mancini spent 15 minutes of the first half telling Balotelli to play left wing to track Smalling and he spent 5 of them ignoring him completely, 5 just looking at him and the other 5 telling him no, he wanted to play right full forward.

5 minutes later he was back at right full forward and Mancini, back to the technical area shouting his nuts off at him to cover Smalling... again!

He was almost substituted after 30mins for his petulence. Mancini was literally turning round to the bench going 'is he serious?'

He's a wee dick who brings nothing to the table, in my opinion, for City. Send him back to Brescia. They'll be better without him

RFF Champ
August 18th, 2011, 5:05 AM
By my reckoning we needed a left back in yesterday in order to be able to play on Saturday. Ferguson played in a reserve game yesterday so it's between him and Ryan Taylor.

If we don't get a left back in before Saturday I doubt we'll even get one and Pardew will do a press conference saying we're concentrating on getting goalkeeping cover before getting a striker or left back.

Simon
August 18th, 2011, 5:13 AM
The Guardian yesterday were saying Pieters for £6m.

RFF Champ
August 18th, 2011, 5:20 AM
As it happens I think we're going to sign Rob Elliot from Charlton. I don't know much about him but our coaching staff have worked with him before and I suppose we got it wrapped up quickly.

Red Dog
August 18th, 2011, 5:20 AM
I think Balotelli gets a bad rap from the press, they're always misquoting him. Those reports a few weeks ago about him being unhappy were woeful when you look at what he actually said. Mancini used to be a flamboyant bastard as well, so its weird he gives Balotelli so much grief.
First you are defending rioters in London, now Balotelli. What next? Hitler?

RFF Champ
August 18th, 2011, 5:21 AM
The Guardian yesterday were saying Pieters for £6m.

PSV technical director Marcel Brands on Erik Pietrers: “We haven't heard from Newcastle since the weekend”

Simon
August 18th, 2011, 5:22 AM
What Holocaust?

Bluemoon
August 18th, 2011, 5:29 AM
I was over at the Community Shield, and it was the most disrespectful and petulent display I've ever seen from a player towards a manager. His performance was also pathetic, and I guarantee it was pissing off players like De Jong, who actually seem to put in 100%.

Mancini spent 15 minutes of the first half telling Balotelli to play left wing to track Smalling and he spent 5 of them ignoring him completely, 5 just looking at him and the other 5 telling him no, he wanted to play right full forward.

5 minutes later he was back at right full forward and Mancini, back to the technical area shouting his nuts off at him to cover Smalling... again!

He was almost substituted after 30mins for his petulence. Mancini was literally turning round to the bench going 'is he serious?'

He's a wee dick who brings nothing to the table, in my opinion, for City. Send him back to Brescia. They'll be better without him

It's funny you mention this because its been a hot topic on most of our forums, most City fans think Mancini will curb him in the end.

Bluemoon
August 18th, 2011, 5:32 AM
I still don't think we really need to sign Nasri especially for a ridiculous price and wages. I'm quite happy with the midfield we have now.

Donzo
August 18th, 2011, 5:46 AM
It's funny you mention this because its been a hot topic on most of our forums, most City fans think Mancini will curb him in the end.

I'm not surprised, dude. I had awesome seats literally next to the City dug out and Mancini was going fucking spare at him for the guts of the first half. It was crazy, Balotelli was pretty much looking at him and telling him to fack aff, I'm doing what I want. He sent Aguero and Johnson immediately to warm up and almost substituted him. I only think he kept him on to stop the issue getting focused on by media etc ,especially when they completely ignored each other after finally being subbed, didn't even look at each other, and Balotelli went straight down the tunnel like an 8 year old. Not good!

Alf
August 18th, 2011, 5:47 AM

No chance. The boy is rotten to the core...

Who was that other nutty but talented Italian from a few years back? He was always causing trouble too.

son_of_foley
August 18th, 2011, 5:50 AM
No chance. The boy is rotten to the core...

Who was that other nutty but talented Italian from a few years back? He was always causing trouble too.

mussolini

Ringo
August 18th, 2011, 5:51 AM
Cassano?

He's white so it's a bit different.

Simon
August 18th, 2011, 5:53 AM
Ringo have you heard anything about Modric signing today? Someone from inside Chelsea has apparently leaked it...

Ringo
August 18th, 2011, 5:57 AM
Nothing like that, but the Spurs fan who has been arguing relentlessly with everyone on the Chelsea forum has suddenly decided Modric is off after insisting he wouldn't leave all along. I think that's mostly a reaction to Redknapp's comments yesterday.

Simon
August 18th, 2011, 6:00 AM
here's the posts regarding Chelsea's apparent Press Conference called for today :

"Its Modric, he's been sold. So i have been told"

Joke?

"sadly not, I've been told from 3 different sources this morning. I hope to god they're wrong."

That's what I have seen. From a Spurs fan who has insider info at Chelsea supposedly.

Ringo
August 18th, 2011, 6:04 AM
Hmm, find that very hard to believe. That press conference was announced yesterday and most people assumed it was going to be the unveiling of Lukaku, Romeu and Piazon as that's what Lukaku said on his facebook account. Piazon went back to Brazil yesterday and a journalist who was invited said they'd been told it would just be AVB talking.

Anyway, what would they even say? It's not going to have been wrapped up that quickly.

Either way, it's on in an hour and a half.

Alf
August 18th, 2011, 6:31 AM
Fucking hell. I'm so sad.

It's taken Levy and Harry 4 windows to not sign a decent striker. How are they going to replace Moddy?

Fucking football.

And yeah, Cassano was legitimately mental

Ringo
August 18th, 2011, 6:53 AM
AC Milan must be good fun at the moment. Ibrahimovic, Cassano, Robinho, Gattuso. What a lovely bunch to be around.

son_of_foley
August 18th, 2011, 6:59 AM
BOATENG as well

Alf
August 18th, 2011, 8:46 AM
Adebayor to repay Arsenal by signing for Spurs
18-08-11

TECTONIC striker Emmanuel Adebayor is considering a move to Spurs to cheer up Arsenal fans.
Up and about
The Togolese perpetual inertia machine left Arsenal as part of Manchester City's bid to buy every striker in the world in alphabetical order, but wants to thank them for all the years of mooching around the six yard box for 80 grand a week.

Footballologist Wayne Hayes said: "When Bale crosses the ball in the 89th minute of a 0-0 north London derby and, instead of being in the box to head it in, Adebayor is sat next to Redknapp in a woolly hat listening to his stereo, you feel a hatchet will finally be buried."

"They've had very little to cheer about recently at the Emirates, but I think the sight of him curled up like a cat in the centre circle wearing a Spurs shirt will be just the fillip they need."

Adebayor will undergo a medical before the transfer takes place, with doctors being warned that it is entirely normal for him to have a resting heart rate of 1.4 beats per minute and for his blood to be made primarily from Horlicks.

If the proposed loan deal is completed in time, he could make his debut against Manchester United, leaning against the goal post chatting to de Gea about shoes while his new team mates remonstrate furiously with him.

Adebayor said: "The two managers are discussing a deal but I don't know an awful lot about it because I'm really sleepy.

"But if it goes ahead it would be great to give something back to the Arsenal fans, even if that something is nine months' worth of teeth-grindingly infuriating idleness to their biggest rivals."

Simon
August 18th, 2011, 9:11 AM
:lol: Bitterness.

If Adebayor scores against Arsenal I would willingly take him getting a three match ban for him to rub it in their cunt faces like he did for City.

son_of_foley
August 18th, 2011, 9:15 AM
Will your fans stop singing the elephant song now?

Simon
August 18th, 2011, 9:26 AM
I believe it has already been adapted to "Adebayor, Adebayooooor, don't care what your dad does, as long as you score".

Beefy
August 18th, 2011, 9:29 AM
So you'll be caring what his Dad does within a few weeks then?

Simon
August 18th, 2011, 9:31 AM
You seem to have grown an anti-Spurs vibe over the last few days Beefy. Suspicious.

son_of_foley
Beefy hates Adebayor and nobody knows why for sure

son_of_foley
You seem to have grown an anti-Spurs vibe over the last few days Beefy. Suspicious.

No its just Adebayor I think

Beefy
August 18th, 2011, 9:35 AM
I've no real problem with Spurs. I don't rate Adebayor hugely and have a feeling that this transfer will be disasterous for them.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 18th, 2011, 9:41 AM
Interesting. I believe Adebayor is class and will be a great loan signing for Spurs this season. Not willing to commit how good he will be beyond that. Presumably Beefy will use his mod powers to sticky this thread or delete it depending on how this turns out.

Beefy
August 18th, 2011, 9:46 AM
It's possible. I just deleted that Chelsea post of mine that was bumped earlier, will delete this post acknowleding it shortly and will ban anyone who mentions this in the future.

Simon
August 18th, 2011, 9:47 AM
You are scum Beefy. Absolute scum.

P.S. I thought we built up a good partnership last night and believe we have seen off the challenge of that coward The Rosk for good.

JIJ
August 18th, 2011, 9:49 AM
Joey Barton gone from 25/1 to 1/3 to join us

Beefy
August 18th, 2011, 9:49 AM

P.S. I thought we built up a good partnership last night and believe we have seen off the challenge of that coward The Rosk for good.

Yeah we did alright. We did better as a two upfront than we did when you were in midfield and just started bombing in front of me everytime a cross came in.

Simon
August 18th, 2011, 9:51 AM
PISS OFFFF I was great.

Can't believe you nearly made a bollocks of that cheat goal I laid on for you.

Beefy
August 18th, 2011, 9:55 AM
Wasn't really a cheat goal. I'd have kicked you out of the Club had you shot from that angle when I'd sprinted at my top 7mph speed to get into that position.

Andy
August 18th, 2011, 9:57 AM
"Adebayor
Adebayooooooooor
We used to be racist
We're not anymore"

Simon
August 18th, 2011, 9:59 AM
Adebayor, Adebayooooooooor
Arsenal are cunts
Thanks for celebrating the way you did it was great

Red Dog
August 18th, 2011, 10:00 AM
"Adebayor
Adebayooooooooor
We used to be racist
We're not anymore"
:lol:

Simon
August 18th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Oh btw Beefy I sensed your anger over the kickups I did during that game through the internet connection, but it was genuinely an accident, I don't know how I do that so often. It involves having both the L2 and R1 buttons pushed down at once :dunno:

Keano's Magic Hat
August 18th, 2011, 10:37 AM
Arsenal Lesbian Supporters Club react to Nasri's possible departure - YouTube

Donzo
August 18th, 2011, 10:39 AM
lol

Simon
August 18th, 2011, 11:20 AM
Aaaaaaaaapparently...Diarra is done. If we get him and Adebayor in, I would be delighted with this window (obviously provided Modric doesn't go). Shift out some of the dead wood in the remaining couple of weeks and get another centre back in and we would have a great chance of getting back into the CL.

Gomes

Walker - Dawson - Gallas - Ekotto

Lennon - Diarra - Modric - Bale

Van Der Vaart

Adebayor

God that team would be good, and a strong squad as well. Arsenal would have a serious job on their hands strengthening to a point where they would remain better than us if Nasri does indeed follow Fabs out the door.

Alf
August 18th, 2011, 11:25 AM
Still short of quality depth up front though. And if we have signed Diarra then i'd say that's curtains for Modric as the whole issue with Diarra was the wage budget appaz.

Simon
August 18th, 2011, 11:28 AM
Gomes > Chesney
Walker < Sagna
Gallas > Koscielny
Dawson < Vermaelen
Ekotto > Gibbs
Lennon = Walcott
Diarra > Song
Modric > Wilshere
Bale > Gervinho
Van Der Vaart > Arshavin
Adebayor < Van Persie

:eek: :D

Simon
August 18th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Fuck you Alf, if we sign Diarra there's no way Modric will want to leave. Who would you rather play with, that fat wanker Lampard and the Somalian lad with the bobble head or our lovely little dolphin boy.

Andy
August 18th, 2011, 11:38 AM
Gomes isn't even first choice now is he?

Alf
August 18th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Yes.

Simon
August 18th, 2011, 11:39 AM
Would have thought so. At least we now have a quality keeper if we get fed up of him dropping bollocks all over the shop.

son_of_foley
August 18th, 2011, 12:27 PM
Gomes > Chesney
Walker < Sagna
Gallas > Koscielny
Dawson < Vermaelen
Ekotto > Gibbs
Lennon = Walcott
Diarra > Song
Modric > Wilshere
Bale > Gervinho
Van Der Vaart > Arshavin
Adebayor < Van Persie

:eek: :D

Im pretty sure you did this before and went mental because someone said Eboue was better than Hutton

The Rosk
August 18th, 2011, 12:47 PM

I'm the best upfront now. Get over it lads.

Seriously why the fuck are Adebayor and Diarra even contemplating going to a club that loses its way so quickly. They may aswell go to Villa.

Simon
August 18th, 2011, 1:06 PM
Im pretty sure you did this before and went mental because someone said Eboue was better than Hutton

Which ones am I wrong on?

Torn
August 18th, 2011, 1:20 PM
Gomes > Chesney

:rofl:

Ringo
August 18th, 2011, 1:58 PM
Yeah, come back when Chesney has cost Arsenal as many goals as Gomes has Spurs. He's barely put a foot wrong yet.

As for the rest, he's left out Ramsey in favour of Walcott and Modric will leave as soon as Levy lets him.

da_man
August 18th, 2011, 2:08 PM
No way will Friedel have gone to Spurs to start off as number 2. He'll be a better goalkeeper at 50 than Gomes is today.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 18th, 2011, 2:20 PM
Friedel for fuck sake. Every time he's in nets against United he gets the man of the match. Infuriatingly good.

McBain
August 18th, 2011, 2:50 PM
I thought Simon had finally backed down on the Gomes issue. What is this shite I'm reading?

Alf
August 18th, 2011, 3:19 PM
Gomes can be frustrating, but he's not as bad as you lot make out, and he's still the best keeper we have. He is still 1st choice.

Ringo
August 18th, 2011, 3:21 PM
Gomes is not better than Brad Friedel though...

Alf
August 18th, 2011, 3:36 PM
In your opinion.

Ringo
August 18th, 2011, 3:37 PM
:scared:

1_Pablo_Angel
August 18th, 2011, 4:51 PM
No way will Friedel have gone to Spurs to start off as number 2.

Yes he will. He's practically bankrupt and they gave him a 2 year contract, where we only offered 1. That's why he went.

His soccer school in the US has gone completely tits up, a real shame considering he's one of football's good guys.

da_man
August 18th, 2011, 4:57 PM
Yeh, heard about his money troubles with the school BUT if he'd have any sense and/or been given any sensible advice then he'd have set them up as a limited company where he'd have had no personal liability to their debts and the bankruptcy would have been for "Brad Friedel Ltd" rather than him as an individual. That is unless he has been endlessly pumping his own money into them. :\

1_Pablo_Angel
August 18th, 2011, 5:02 PM
From what I've heard it is indeed his own money that's been lost, sadly.

Friedel will go down as one of the best goalkeepers ever to grace the prem, but he's getting on a bit. He won't make as many blatant fuckups as Gomez but I doubt he'd win Spurs as many points as the Brazilian headcase either.

The Rosk
August 18th, 2011, 5:03 PM
Friedel is still better than Gomes, the fucking clown.

Simon
August 18th, 2011, 5:04 PM
Gomes is number one. He is also ten years older than Chesney so well done for noting that he has made more mistakes.

Andy
August 18th, 2011, 5:08 PM
Do we really have to do this every year?

Simon
August 18th, 2011, 5:16 PM
Yes

Andy
August 18th, 2011, 5:20 PM
Ok, if we must...

Walcott > Lennon

Simon
August 18th, 2011, 5:24 PM
Wrong.

da_man
August 18th, 2011, 5:30 PM
Just saw Carlos Salcido trending on Twitter. First I've heard of his loan move back home. Thought he looked awesome at the World Cup and his physique and style would make him perfect for the Prem. Strange that it hasn't worked out.

Bad Collin
August 18th, 2011, 5:31 PM
Let the neutrals settle this one. I would rather have Walcott and Chesney.

Beefy
August 18th, 2011, 5:33 PM
Let the neutrals settle this one. I would rather have Walcott and Chesney.

No doubt.

Andy
August 18th, 2011, 5:33 PM
Goals and assists by Walcott last season: 28

Goals and assists by Lennon last season: 10

:cool:

da_man
August 18th, 2011, 5:38 PM
Not sure if this is already common knowledge but Sid Lowe says Atletico are signing Falcao for €40m.

Andy
August 18th, 2011, 5:38 PM
Atletico agree £35m fee for Falcao :eek:

Edit: damn you da_man.

All over SSN now

UK Blue
August 18th, 2011, 5:55 PM
Szczesny and Lennon.

Fanny
August 18th, 2011, 6:01 PM
Atletico??? Christ. Good work.

RFF Champ
August 19th, 2011, 4:08 AM
Just saw Carlos Salcido trending on Twitter. First I've heard of his loan move back home. Thought he looked awesome at the World Cup and his physique and style would make him perfect for the Prem. Strange that it hasn't worked out.

His house got burgled at the start of the summer and it meant his family didn't feel safe and returned to Mexico.

Riise is definitely an upgrade even if Salcido was quite an entertaining player to watch. Got forward well but struggled to defend.

Simon
August 19th, 2011, 4:13 AM
Riise can't defend either though...he's another Matt Taylor, scores a sweet goal every now and then but is generally ropey.

Adebayor and Diarra to be formally announced today apparently.

RFF Champ
August 19th, 2011, 4:16 AM
Riise is perfectly good enough for Fulham. I doubt they could have got better.

Simon
August 19th, 2011, 4:25 AM
If we can get Ade and Lass signed by 12 today they will be available for United on Monday :eek:

Bluemoon
August 19th, 2011, 4:50 AM
Good luck with Ade.

Alf
August 19th, 2011, 5:41 AM
Si, brace for dissapointment. It won't happen by 12.

RFF Champ
August 19th, 2011, 5:48 AM
Why 12 today? I thought it was 12 the day before the match?

El Capitano Gatisto
August 19th, 2011, 5:56 AM
On the last working day before the matchday I would imagine.

UK Blue
August 19th, 2011, 5:59 AM
It's always been midday on the Friday for weekend games, as far as I know.

Looks like Diarra to Spurs is definitely on the cards then? Crazy.

Simon
August 19th, 2011, 6:14 AM
Not crazy. We are the champs.

Simon
August 19th, 2011, 6:14 AM
Si, brace for dissapointment. It won't happen by 12.

It's all gone strangely quiet, weird after everyone agreeing yesterday that it was all completed.

Alf
August 19th, 2011, 6:19 AM
It's because one person says it and noone wants to appear to be left out so everyone jumps on the bandwagon, then you'll get one or two gumps going "LOL SORRRY LADS DON'T BLIEVE THESE DUDE IT AINT HAPPENEIING LOL CUNT FUCK"

MikeHunt
August 19th, 2011, 6:22 AM
if it isn't on the bbc then it shouldn't be believed.

Simon
August 19th, 2011, 6:26 AM
That used to be my motto until they said we had signed Damien Duff and then the cunt went to Newcastle.

turdpower
August 19th, 2011, 7:26 AM
The Sun aren't dropping the Sneijder to United story. But it has been relegated to that we'll get him on deadline day.

Be another exciting day to watch SSN if true.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 19th, 2011, 7:57 AM
http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Samir-Nasri-set-sign-for-Manchester-City-from-Arsenal-but-has-told-pals-his-dream-is-to-join-Manchester-United-article787040.html

:lol:

turdpower
August 19th, 2011, 8:01 AM
If that is true, he WOULD sit out his contract.

Simon
August 19th, 2011, 8:51 AM
How bad has Aly Cissokho got over the past year that he's gone from being set for a move to Milan that only fell down because of some mad problem connecting his teeth and back, and now seemingly set for a move to Newcastle?

RFF Champ
August 19th, 2011, 10:52 AM
I think in France they think the league we won in 09/10 season was the Premier League.

RFF Champ
August 19th, 2011, 10:59 AM
SSN are reporting that contract talks have broken down with Danny Simpson and QPR are set to bid. It's okay that because we have James Perch....oh.

MikeHunt
August 19th, 2011, 11:01 AM
How bad has Aly Cissokho got over the past year that he's gone from being set for a move to Milan that only fell down because of some mad problem connecting his teeth and back, and now seemingly set for a move to Newcastle?

what?

turdpower
August 19th, 2011, 1:04 PM
If you have problems with your teeth it can give you back injuries or some madness.

AC Milan do ridiculous medical assesments of all their players; that's how they managed to have a squad with an average age of about 32 a few years back.

Simon
August 19th, 2011, 3:01 PM
BBC reporting Diarra as almost done...come on chaps we're almost there! Really hoping this is a 'convincing Modric to stay' signing rather than a 'now you can go' signing :\

Ringo
August 19th, 2011, 3:06 PM
If you have problems with your teeth it can give you back injuries or some madness.

AC Milan do ridiculous medical assesments of all their players; that's how they managed to have a squad with an average age of about 32 a few years back.

That's an explanation I hadn't considered. Makes sense. It seems as though it's been that way for many years now. They still have a nice big group of geriatrics at the club. van Bommel (34), Gattuso (33), Zambrotta (34), Oddo (35), Inzaghi (38), Seedorf (35), Nesta (35), Yepes (35), Ambrosini (34), Abbiati (34), Roma (37). And Jankulovski (34), Pirlo (32) and Legrottaglie (34) have only just left this Summer as well. Mental.

Simon
August 19th, 2011, 3:48 PM
Seedorf will still be going when we're all dead. Inzaghi as well, netting a tap in in the old folks' home garden before zipping around the common room in his zimmer frame, screaming and gesticulating about his achievement.

Simon
August 19th, 2011, 5:03 PM
Chelsea have had a bid for Mata accepted, €28m supposedly.

Ringo
August 19th, 2011, 5:24 PM
Only Marca saying it so far, no? They DID say Aguero was going to Real, but then they're a Madrid paper so maybe that's a bit different.

Either way, really hope this one comes off. Just what we need. Mata, Sturridge, Torres. The KALOUDA era is over!

In other news:

SkyGraemeBailey Graeme Bailey
Reports in Holland suggest that Fulham boss Martin Jol could raid his homeland for FC Twente's Nacer Chadli and Heerenveen's Oussama Assaid.

Don't know anything about the Heerenveen bloke but Chadli is yet another exciting young Belgian talent. That would be about 6 of this new generation getting moves this Summer.

Andy
August 19th, 2011, 6:15 PM
Mata fee is £24m apparently. Why why WHY are we not properly going for him? Just ridiculous. This window has been an unmitigated disaster so far. :cry:

MACE
August 20th, 2011, 8:48 AM
Sky just said the reason Nasri is playing is because the deal to City has fallen through.

MACE
August 20th, 2011, 8:49 AM
Mata to Chelsea and Modric too.....?

GuillemBalague Guillem Balague
Mata: form of payment and other little details delaying confirmation. Clubs talking right now. You'll have to be patient :-)
10 minutes ago

@
@ckfunker mata will happen. Modric? Ive been told by a source at the club will take place, but not by Levy :-) so...
12 hours ago

Mata will play wide specially if Modric arrives. If Modric doesnt sign, the midfield still lacking dynamism and creativity. Both needed
12 hours ago

Mata is a clever player between the lines but not the quickest winger. His intelligence and vision makes him the ideal Torres helper
13 hours ago

Was told today by a top source at Spurs that Modric will go too. If that is the case, if that happens... wow!!
13 hours ago

28m euros for Mata... yesterday I met Villas Boas, expected all sorted by Sunday and since then player and coach have spoken
13 hours ago

Mata move 2 Chelsea closer. It's a matter of hours. Clubs agreed fee, personal terms agreed too. He's very much looking 4ward to it
13 hours ago

Mata move 2 Chelsea sorted. It's a matter of hours. Clubs agreed fee, 28m, personal terms agreed too. He's very much looking 4ward to it
13 hours ago

Ganso (Santos) is being followed by Chelsea, City and specially Spurs.Expensive (over £23),1 for future: will end up soon in a top four team

Donzo
August 20th, 2011, 11:02 PM
for all he knows, he can lick my nuts... x

RFF Champ
August 21st, 2011, 2:53 AM
Apparently Fulham are finally set to wrap up a deal for Mounir El Hamdaoui this week.

Bluemoon
August 21st, 2011, 6:38 AM
Sky just said the reason Nasri is playing is because the deal to City has fallen through.

SWP is good cover for Silva anyway :D

Peter Griffin
August 21st, 2011, 6:49 AM
Apparently Fulham are finally set to wrap up a deal for Mounir El Hamdaoui this week.

derby legend :shifty:

Alf
August 21st, 2011, 7:56 AM
This is bollocks. Still no official signing. We are going to be left high and dry again, I know it.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 21st, 2011, 8:02 AM
It would be shocking management of the club if Modric was sold now. Exponentially worse management each day it gets closer to the transfer deadline.

Winkle van Tinkle
August 21st, 2011, 8:05 AM
This is bollocks. Still no official signing. We are going to be left high and dry again, I know it.

http://img.skysports.com/10/11/800x600/Bendtner_2522283.jpg

Keano's Magic Hat
August 21st, 2011, 8:44 AM
United are speaking to Nasri's agents today.

Erm, no thanks.

RuneEdge
August 21st, 2011, 8:55 AM
United are speaking to Nasri's agents today.

Erm, no thanks.

I still reckon he makes more sense than Sneijder. I'd gladly take him.
He'll be perfect in Anderson's position and would give us some nice options switching between the two. Unlike Sneijder who I still cant see a position for.