PDA

View Full Version : The Transfer Rumours Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64

Simon
August 11th, 2011, 6:09 AM
How much do we reckon Bendtner is on at Arsenal? I've just read that he's on 60k+! We're being linked but there's little chance at that cost.

Now we've done what's important and tied down Shola I think we'll just give him the number 9 and be done with it.

Isn't Barton on £70k?

Simon
August 11th, 2011, 6:09 AM
Enrique fee agreed with Liverpool according to the Guardian.

Bad Collin
August 11th, 2011, 6:27 AM
Excellent, although the same was reported last week.

Wiganer
August 11th, 2011, 6:31 AM
I'm sure the newspapers just have a random name and club generator.

Simon
August 11th, 2011, 6:31 AM
Another 'decent' signing but not a great one. What are Liverpool fans' feelings about the signings you've made? I can't help but think I'd be underwhelmed with the signings, and a bit annoyed that the board are spending big but not on the right players.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 11th, 2011, 6:40 AM
They signed an absolute match-winner in Suarez in January, he has to be considered part of this process. Spurs look more and more like wankers for not stumping up what was a relatively normal fee for a class striker. I think it has been difficult to sign the 'right' players this summer. Chelsea have signed virtually no one for their first team yet, Manchester United, Spurs and Arsenal have been unable so far to addresstheir respective pressing needs. I think Liverpool have built an interesting squad and will be good to watch this season.

Bad Collin
August 11th, 2011, 6:57 AM
Another 'decent' signing but not a great one. What are Liverpool fans' feelings about the signings you've made? I can't help but think I'd be underwhelmed with the signings, and a bit annoyed that the board are spending big but not on the right players.

I am happy, we aren't going to be able go out and sign world beaters without champions league football.

Adam is an odd one but Downing finally gives us some width and should get plenty of assists for big Andy. Henderson looks like a good prospect and I don't expect immediate results from him. I'm not sure if there is a better left back available but Enrique solves a positional problem for us.

As ECG said, Suarez has given the team a massive boost and the relatively low fee for him should be taken into account.

I'm really excited about Saturday.

son_of_foley
August 11th, 2011, 6:59 AM
They've shattered the two player dependency problem they had and added what Daglish considers a replacement for Alonso. Aquilani seems like he may hang around as well. If they can bring Wilson or someone else in as the long term successor for Carragher thinks will be looking nifty (maybe 1 more striker is needed but hey)

Peter Griffin
August 11th, 2011, 7:03 AM
Some russian team have apparently offered eto'o 300 grand a week to go over! If I was him I wouldn't even consider it,no matter how much money they throw at him! I mean we've all seen the ridiculous amounts of racial abuse roberto carlos got when he went over...not worth it in my mind!

Red Dog
August 11th, 2011, 7:03 AM
Some russian team have apparently offered eto'o 300 grand a week to go over! If I was him I wouldn't even consider it,no matter how much money they throw at him! I mean we've all seen the ridiculous amounts of racial abuse roberto carlos got when he went over...not worth it in my mind!
Well he obviously cares about money more than he does being racially abused if he goes.

Alf
August 11th, 2011, 7:06 AM
17m is only a relatively low amount in respect to the rest of your spending... That's a big fee, make no mistake. But he is worth it, and yes, I'm not happy with Harry for not taking the plunge. He could have made all the difference for our push for 4th again, and then 17m would have seemed like peanuts... however the way we were playing them, and play now, means there isn't a space for him. We'd have to go back to 442 to accomodate him, and that means leaving out Rafa.

Rip
August 11th, 2011, 7:06 AM
Enrique fee agreed with Liverpool according to the Guardian.

£6m according to local press (which is what we paid) as long as we get another left back that's not bad business considering he's on a free in Jan and made it damn clear he wanted away.

Enquiries were made about Wayne Bridge last week, but Krul has been tapping up the Dutch left back so fingers crossed.

Still no bloody striker though....

Alf
August 11th, 2011, 7:10 AM
Who is the dutch left back? Not Van Wiel or whatever his name is?

Bad Collin
August 11th, 2011, 7:11 AM
STILL NO STRIKER FOR US!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hyper:

Tottenham may turn their attention to Villarreal's Giuseppe Rossi again as Athletic Bilbao are unwilling to accept an offer for Fernando Llorente.
Full story: the Guardian

Spurs are also believed to have entered talks with Porto over the possibility of signing Brazilian striker Hulk, who has an £88m buy-out clause in his contract.
Full story: the Times (requires subscription)

Tottenham boss Harry Redknapp has suffered a setback in his pursuit of Real Madrid midfielder Lassana Diarra however, with an initial bid turned down by the Spanish giants who value the former Arsenal, Chelsea and Portsmouth star at £15.8m.

Full story: Daily Mail
Arsenal have joined Tottenham in the race for FC Twente striker Bryan Ruiz.

Today's rumours, if Spurs gee Hulk I will be scared.

They've shattered the two player dependency problem they had and added what Daglish considers a replacement for Alonso. Aquilani seems like he may hang around as well. If they can bring Wilson or someone else in as the long term successor for Carragher thinks will be looking nifty (maybe 1 more striker is needed but hey)

Wilson isn't that great, Martin Kelly is Carra's successor. We also have a few young center backs who could make it.

Aquaman feels like a new signing, he has been immense in pre season and I really want to see him given a run in the side.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 11th, 2011, 7:14 AM
17m is only a relatively low amount in respect to the rest of your spending... That's a big fee, make no mistake. But he is worth it, and yes, I'm not happy with Harry for not taking the plunge. He could have made all the difference for our push for 4th again, and then 17m would have seemed like peanuts... however the way we were playing them, and play now, means there isn't a space for him. We'd have to go back to 442 to accomodate him, and that means leaving out Rafa.

If you're on about Suarez, I'm not sure why you think he would have to play in a 442. He could easily play as a lone frontman. At Ajax and for Uruguay he has played as part of a new style 433/451. He's also a converted winger. I don't see any reason he could not have just slotted in as the striker in Spurs' formation. Basically he's versatile and has the ability to be an attacking threat anywhere along the frontline.

Of all the strikers Spurs have been linked with, Llorente is the only one who is similar to the sort of role Crouch plays. It really isn't worth trying to accomodate VdV either, he isn't as good as is suggested in my opinion.

Rip
August 11th, 2011, 7:21 AM
Who is the dutch left back? Not Van Wiel or whatever his name is?

Erik Pieters, 22 so fits the buying policy

Alf
August 11th, 2011, 7:34 AM
If you're on about Suarez, I'm not sure why you think he would have to play in a 442. He could easily play as a lone frontman. At Ajax and for Uruguay he has played as part of a new style 433/451. He's also a converted winger. I don't see any reason he could not have just slotted in as the striker in Spurs' formation. Basically he's versatile and has the ability to be an attacking threat anywhere along the frontline.

Of all the strikers Spurs have been linked with, Llorente is the only one who is similar to the sort of role Crouch plays. It really isn't worth trying to accomodate VdV either, he isn't as good as is suggested in my opinion.

This is the point I was going to make. Suarez wouldn't work in the role that we need. And we need that role because we accomodate VdV.

And no, VdV is definitely as good as suggested.

Beefy
August 11th, 2011, 7:50 AM
VDV is certainly good enough. Spurs should just stick Crouch in the team in order to get the best out of VDV. That's when they looked their best last season. Things went wrong when Defoe got fit and Redknapp tried to find a way to get him into the side.

Alf
August 11th, 2011, 7:55 AM
I'd rather we upgraded Crouch and Kept VdV in too...

Chris Scott
August 11th, 2011, 8:00 AM
Wilson isn't that great, Martin Kelly is Carra's successor. We also have a few young center backs who could make it.

Aquaman feels like a new signing, he has been immense in pre season and I really want to see him given a run in the side.

Yes I agree, Kelly is the replacement for Carragher. He is a CB anyway and was pushed to RB so Rafa could play Ayala. 3 or 4 years ago both those players were noted as the next kids to breakthrough.

Kelly will play more this season and will be established going into next season. I really rate him and think he will be an excellent player.

RFF Champ
August 11th, 2011, 8:29 AM
Isn't Barton on £70k?

Probably around that, yeah. What are getting at?

£6m according to local press (which is what we paid) as long as we get another left back that's not bad business considering he's on a free in Jan and made it damn clear he wanted away.

Enquiries were made about Wayne Bridge last week, but Krul has been tapping up the Dutch left back so fingers crossed.

Still no bloody striker though....

No way it will be Bridge. It'll be Pieters and I think it'll happen before the Arsenal game.

I'm sad to see Enrique go but he looked shite the last few games after he decided he wanted to leave. It's difficult to replace someone of his quality but I'm glad we've done it quickly and hopefully Pieters will be solid.

I feel eased knowing we're not just going to rely on Ferguson.

Bad Collin
August 11th, 2011, 8:35 AM
Yes I agree, Kelly is the replacement for Carragher. He is a CB anyway and was pushed to RB so Rafa could play Ayala. 3 or 4 years ago both those players were noted as the next kids to breakthrough.

Kelly will play more this season and will be established going into next season. I really rate him and think he will be an excellent player.

:yes: He isn't suited to full back, his size and strength is better utilised at centre back.

RFF Champ
August 11th, 2011, 8:36 AM
There's a lovely piece about Cabaye in the times today that has restored all my faith.

He says he likes going to the cinema a lot and reads a lot of non-fiction books because he likes to learn. He also praised the support at Darlington despite the fans invading the pitch mid-game.

RFF Champ
August 11th, 2011, 8:49 AM
Boukary Drame, a French left back who has played for Sochaux and PSG has just been on trial with Wolves but hasn't been offered a deal. They need a left back more than us.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 11th, 2011, 8:51 AM
This is the point I was going to make. Suarez wouldn't work in the role that we need. And we need that role because we accomodate VdV.

And no, VdV is definitely as good as suggested.

Yes he would, he's a brilliant striker and he would lead the line no problem as I explained. VdV is a very good footballer but not great, its certainly not worth compromising an entire side on the off chance you might get good performances out of him every so often. He's always been flakey for club and country.

Winkle van Tinkle
August 11th, 2011, 8:59 AM
Finally Cesc and the little lesbian are sodding off. I wish Cesc well, and 35m URO is fine really. Thiago has just changed his shirt number from 4 to 11.

Happarently, according to Spanish papers, the Mata deal will go through when the Cesc deal does. I know he had the captaincy taken from him officially the other day.

We're also supposed to be negotiating for Dann.

Wenger has called a pre-pre match press conference for 9am tomorrow too.

Fuck knows whats happening.

Winkle van Tinkle
August 11th, 2011, 9:00 AM
Also, £22m-£24m for Nasri is ridiculous. Bite. Hand.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 11th, 2011, 9:04 AM
I think VDV is a great footballer, though one that needs the side to be set up to accommodate him. He's a bit like Riquelme in that respect.

So, it's pretty much accepted that both Fabregas and Nasri will leave Arsenal this summer. Ramsey looks some player since coming back from his injury, and though replacing Fabregas with a player of similar quality looks impossible, I think they will struggle to not find a midfielder who can consistently perform to a higher standard than Nasri.

Arsenal should take that money and invest it in somebody who knows how to organise a defence. Seriously, there are hundreds of sides out there with defenders infinitely worse than Arsenal's but who are defensively solid. I really don't think the issue is quality here, some of the errors Arsenal make are stuff that should be eradicated on the training ground. They could probably do with a new defender from a size standpoint, as their defenders are mostly a bit short, but they should concentrate on getting in a top class midfielder as Fabregas will take some replacing.

Alf
August 11th, 2011, 9:04 AM
http://audioboo.fm/boos/436439-modric-ireland-mixed-zone-august-9

Oh dear oh dear oh dear.

Fuck you Luka you cunt.

Ringo
August 11th, 2011, 9:09 AM
Ahaha "I see you". :D

Nothing new there.

Simon
August 11th, 2011, 9:11 AM
Jesus Alf I thought I was going to hear something bad there. The worst thing he said was that he wants Keane to stay.

RFF Champ
August 11th, 2011, 9:15 AM
I wouldn't be against Keane coming to Newcastle if it was a deal which suited us financially. I think he's still a good player and goalscorer.

I think he's scored 6 in his last 4 internationals and he only started 4 games at West Ham so it's unfair to judge him too much on that. Season before he scored 20+ goals but many fans are dismissive of him probably mainly because of that one shocking miss.

Winkle van Tinkle
August 11th, 2011, 9:20 AM
Our defence is odd. No team conceded less goals from open play than us, but from set pieces we conceded far more than anyone else.

But its ok...we're now using zonal marking from set pieces.... :scared:

Keano's Magic Hat
August 11th, 2011, 9:25 AM
exactly, training ground stuff.

Mik
August 11th, 2011, 9:26 AM
Niko Kranjcar to Sunderland is the latest rumour. Most likely a loan deal, but £6m has been touted.

Simon
August 11th, 2011, 9:27 AM
I wouldn't be against Keane coming to Newcastle if it was a deal which suited us financially. I think he's still a good player and goalscorer.

I think he's scored 6 in his last 4 internationals and he only started 4 games at West Ham so it's unfair to judge him too much on that. Season before he scored 20+ goals but many fans are dismissive of him probably mainly because of that one shocking miss.

He had two shocking misses, one against Chelsea and I forget the other. I know you shouldn't write someone off on that basis but he was brought in to score the goals to keep them up and he completely bottled it twice. Then again so did Carlton Cole against Wigan.

I do think you're right though. I think he's one of a number of players who could go to a new club and re-find his form, sometimes people just need new surroundings and regular football. Paul Robinson was a defeated man when he left Spurs, but has re-emerged better than ever at Blackburn and would be England's number two if he fancied the job now.

Simon
August 11th, 2011, 9:31 AM
Niko Kranjcar to Sunderland is the latest rumour. Most likely a loan deal, but £6m has been touted.

Double that and we would probably come to the table. Certainly he wouldn't be going for less than £10m, and in any case I think he will be playing a bigger role for us this season - especially now that the underwhelming Pienaar is out for the first month or so of the season.

I hope he does stay - he never moans, always works hard and has never let us down when he plays. The season we finished fourth he was exceptional, and even last year he did some great things for us, including single-handedly dragging us back into the race for fourth with goals in successive games agaisnt Sunderland and some other cunts.

Mik
August 11th, 2011, 9:33 AM
I think that you'll probably come to the table asking for £6m plus Gyan.

RFF Champ
August 11th, 2011, 9:35 AM
He had two shocking misses, one against Chelsea and I forget the other. I know you shouldn't write someone off on that basis but he was brought in to score the goals to keep them up and he completely bottled it twice. Then again so did Carlton Cole against Wigan.

I do think you're right though. I think he's one of a number of players who could go to a new club and re-find his form, sometimes people just need new surroundings and regular football. Paul Robinson was a defeated man when he left Spurs, but has re-emerged better than ever at Blackburn and would be England's number two if he fancied the job now.

I don't think I saw the second one, I only remember one but forget against who. He's only really had one bad season and it's a symptom of the 'FM generation' I think to suggest that a player over 30 is past it after a rough period. I'm not saying that in response to you but I've read a lot of comments about Keane being finished as a top level player.

He still scored 2 goals in 4 starts and struggled with an injury which meant he wasn't starting games. Keane has always been a confidence player and needs to play in a team he's settled in which I think shows in his international performances.

Simon
August 11th, 2011, 9:55 AM
I don't think I saw the second one, I only remember one but forget against who. He's only really had one bad season and it's a symptom of the 'FM generation' I think to suggest that a player over 30 is past it after a rough period. I'm not saying that in response to you but I've read a lot of comments about Keane being finished as a top level player.

He still scored 2 goals in 4 starts and struggled with an injury which meant he wasn't starting games. Keane has always been a confidence player and needs to play in a team he's settled in which I think shows in his international performances.

I generally agree with that except that he has clearly not had one bad season but three. He left us three years ago and in the intervening period he only has a successful couple of months at Celtic to his name. One in five at Liverpool, one in four at Spurs, one in five at West Ham.

Beefy
August 11th, 2011, 9:56 AM
Double that and we would probably come to the table. Certainly he wouldn't be going for less than £10m, and in any case I think he will be playing a bigger role for us this season - especially now that the underwhelming Pienaar is out for the first month or so of the season.

I hope he does stay - he never moans, always works hard and has never let us down when he plays. The season we finished fourth he was exceptional, and even last year he did some great things for us, including single-handedly dragging us back into the race for fourth with goals in successive games agaisnt Sunderland and some other cunts.

Bolton.

Simon
August 11th, 2011, 9:57 AM
Bolton.

Yessss

Chris Scott
August 11th, 2011, 10:31 AM
:yes: He isn't suited to full back, his size and strength is better utilised at centre back.

I would have liked to seen Insua get a run at left back but I'm happy if we get Enrique, at least he'll be a decent back up. I also hope we give Jack Robinson a run in the carling up and the odd FA Cup and Prem game.

eldanielfire
August 11th, 2011, 10:33 AM
I think VDV is a great footballer, though one that needs the side to be set up to accommodate him. He's a bit like Riquelme in that respect.

So, it's pretty much accepted that both Fabregas and Nasri will leave Arsenal this summer. Ramsey looks some player since coming back from his injury, and though replacing Fabregas with a player of similar quality looks impossible, I think they will struggle to not find a midfielder who can consistently perform to a higher standard than Nasri.

Arsenal should take that money and invest it in somebody who knows how to organise a defence. Seriously, there are hundreds of sides out there with defenders infinitely worse than Arsenal's but who are defensively solid. I really don't think the issue is quality here, some of the errors Arsenal make are stuff that should be eradicated on the training ground. They could probably do with a new defender from a size standpoint, as their defenders are mostly a bit short, but they should concentrate on getting in a top class midfielder as Fabregas will take some replacing.

Much agreed, and for once it seems Wenger has seen this.

Apparently Mata will be done ocne Cese/Nasri is done. I think while losing Fabregas is a step back, it's not a huge jump back with Ramsey performing so well and Fabregas was well down on hsi league performances in some areas, he went from 15 goals to 3 goals last season. While Nasri stepped up Nasri did tend to do nothing when the side needed him to glad a bit more. I suspect Nasri will be another in a long line of ex-Arsenal players who look isn't as good or doesn't fufill his potential once he leaves the club. Certainly that seems to be the Man City thing.

eldanielfire
August 11th, 2011, 10:49 AM
Apparently Arsenal intend to complete the signing of Scott Dann in 24 hours:

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/872097-arsenal-hope-to-complete-scott-dann-transfer-within-next-24-hours

Could be good. Brum's defensive record pre-Dann injury: 18 goals in 21 matches
Brum's defensive record post-Dann-injury: 33 in 17

And he's English :hyper:

eldanielfire
August 11th, 2011, 10:55 AM
Also Jadson's agents are speaking to Arsenal now, anybody seen much of Jadson?

Andy
August 11th, 2011, 10:59 AM
Massive, massive three weeks for Arsenal.

We should now have £60m to spend in the next 20 days. I'm not against signing Dann but now should be the time for a statement of intent. Let's go out and sign a class centre back.

Although on the other hand, why on earth are we not in for Enrique for £6m? Gibbs is already out of the Newcastle game - who in their right mind expects him to stay fit for an entire season?

We are apparently close to signing Jadson.

eldanielfire
August 11th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Jadson on his twitter

"If everything goes to plan, I'll have some news for everyone at the start of next week. Hope it works out."

http://twitter.com/#!/jadson_8 (http://twitter.com/#!/jadson_8)

Hopefully nottranslation lies!

Simon
August 11th, 2011, 11:07 AM
If it's the one that plays for Shakhtar he is class...but again is exactly the same type of player Arsenal always by at the expense of signing the players they need - technically excellent, but lightweight. Will cost big money and wages as well, I would have thought. On the plus side from the fans' point of view he's at least a step away from the usual Wenger target in that he's old enough to drive and has plenty of experience in Europe.

Simon
August 11th, 2011, 11:09 AM
Who is Arsenal's left back actually going to be tomorrow then? Is Traore back? Vermaelen?

Andy
August 11th, 2011, 11:36 AM
One of the two yeah. Traore has been utter shit in pre-season (surprise surprise). It's inexplicable that we don't seem to be in for a left back.

son_of_foley
August 11th, 2011, 11:39 AM
I still think Gibbs will play

Andy
August 11th, 2011, 1:09 PM
Wenger in Kicker today: no interest in Mertesacker. "We have four central defenders, no need for another one"

:barf:

eldanielfire
August 11th, 2011, 1:24 PM
If it's the one that plays for Shakhtar he is class...but again is exactly the same type of player Arsenal always by at the expense of signing the players they need - technically excellent, but lightweight. Will cost big money and wages as well, I would have thought. On the plus side from the fans' point of view he's at least a step away from the usual Wenger target in that he's old enough to drive and has plenty of experience in Europe.

I'd be frustrated but he apparentlly looks a good replacement for Nasri and of course Wenger seems to be getting some good center backs for once. However I'd still love to have as well a defensive midfielder with a big of mongerl about them and a non-stop engine.

Who is Arsenal's left back actually going to be tomorrow then? Is Traore back? Vermaelen?

Tomorrow?

Sagna has played leftback plenty of times.

Andy
August 11th, 2011, 1:36 PM
No he hasn't, that was Eboue. I'd prefer Vermaelen to Traore, with Kos and DJ in the middle. If any of them are fit of course.

Simon
August 11th, 2011, 1:50 PM
Arsenal's game is tomorrow evening isn't it?

eldanielfire
August 11th, 2011, 1:53 PM
No he hasn't, that was Eboue. I'd prefer Vermaelen to Traore, with Kos and DJ in the middle. If any of them are fit of course.

Yes he has, not recently though.

Murphy
August 11th, 2011, 1:53 PM
Friday?

Simon
August 11th, 2011, 1:55 PM
Shit sorry I completely forgot it was Thursday haha

eldanielfire
August 11th, 2011, 1:56 PM
Shit sorry I completely forgot it was Thursday haha

It's tuesday mate. You've lost it.

Andy
August 11th, 2011, 2:00 PM
http://chan.catiewayne.com/c/src/130938941827.jpg

RFF Champ
August 11th, 2011, 2:08 PM
I generally agree with that except that he has clearly not had one bad season but three. He left us three years ago and in the intervening period he only has a successful couple of months at Celtic to his name. One in five at Liverpool, one in four at Spurs, one in five at West Ham.

I'm working entirely on statistics but he scored 25 goals season before last, 9 for Spurs and 16 for Celtic according to the Spurs website. That's a very good return.

I already said it but I think it's unfair to count West Ham too much against him.

Hlebsfall
August 11th, 2011, 2:18 PM
Arsenal need a keeper as well. Let's not forget that Szcsezszseccseney's arms are basically stapled on. And when he get's injured it's a toss up between the shit Pole and the useless wop who gets to go in goal. Oh and I guarantee Arsenal won't bring a left back in, despite the fact that Gibbs is neither reliable or particularly good. They'll end up sticking a central midfielder there much like when they ridiculously played Flamini there for pretty much a whole season.

Arsenal love a square peg in a round hole, Toure was a central midfielder, untill surprise surprise, an injury crisis. When he filled in there temporarily for 5 years.

And if they don't bring in some decent defenders, and by that I don't mean some old French cunt on the cheap, then I despair.

Winkle van Tinkle
August 11th, 2011, 2:44 PM
Weve never replaced silvestre

Keano's Magic Hat
August 11th, 2011, 2:46 PM
good player at united.

Wiganer
August 11th, 2011, 2:49 PM
Fastest fucker I've ever seen live

Keano's Magic Hat
August 11th, 2011, 2:52 PM
remember him making up a couple of yards on Henry and beating him to the ball. I was impressed, and then the next week Ledley King left Henry for dead. Next week it was confirmed that Henry was carrying an injury and he was out for months :ashamed:

would have love to have seen those three in a straight race.

Rip
August 11th, 2011, 3:03 PM
Fastest fucker I've ever seen live

Franz Carr.

Played for Newcastle & Villa years ago he ran like bloody lightning only problem was he couldn't hit a decent cross to save his soul.

Mind the lad from Uganda I played centre mid with at uni ran a qualifying time for the world championship 100m, it was bloody marvelous all I did was spend three years banging the ball long and watching Alex leave defenders for dead running from deep.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 11th, 2011, 3:05 PM
Fastest player I've ever seen live is definitely Cafu, and he was probably past his physical prime at the time. Watching him get up and down at the wing was like watching an F1 race. Bellion was also pretty rapid.

Thing is, I often wonder what effect body shape, height etc has on our visual perception of a person's speed. Remember that 'Nike - who is the fastest' thing they had going a couple of years back, where they brang in sponsored players, gave them a warm up and then tested them in their new boots? Pretty sure Agbonlahor won, but Rooney was faster than Walcott both and off the ball, which I found strange. Not that Rooney isn't extremely quick, but Walcott is on a different level IMO.

Also remember that cunt Martin Tyler who used to love bringing up the fact that both Ljungberg and Cole were statistically faster than Thierry Henry. I remember thinking that was fucking ridiculous, watching Henry destroy 2 or 3 players at a time for pace.

Andy
August 11th, 2011, 3:13 PM
Walcott is definitely the fastest player I've ever seen live. Henry the fastest running with the ball though.

Gael Clichy is also rapid. Honourable mentions to Danny Sturridge and Ashley Cole. I saw Overmars when I was young too but I think I was too young to appreciate how fast he actually was.

Lagom
August 11th, 2011, 3:15 PM
Franz Carr.

Played for Newcastle & Villa years ago he ran like bloody lightning only problem was he couldn't hit a decent cross to save his soul.

Mind the lad from Uganda I played centre mid with at uni ran a qualifying time for the world championship 100m, it was bloody marvelous all I did was spend three years banging the ball long and watching Alex leave defenders for dead running from deep.

Djibril Cisse

Pace 19
Crossing 4

Bad Collin
August 11th, 2011, 3:18 PM
More importantly:

Finishing 4
Being Offside 20

Lagom
August 11th, 2011, 3:21 PM
Shot Power 18
Putting it either side of the keeper 1

Alf
August 11th, 2011, 3:29 PM
It's tuesday mate. You've lost it.

Ahaha, I done a lol at that. Genuinely.

Simon
August 11th, 2011, 4:52 PM
I'm working entirely on statistics but he scored 25 goals season before last, 9 for Spurs and 16 for Celtic according to the Spurs website. That's a very good return.

I already said it but I think it's unfair to count West Ham too much against him.
16 goals in Scotland can basically be ignored. Trust me, he has been shite for three years since he first left us for Liverpool.

Simon
August 11th, 2011, 4:53 PM
Some Southend winger that Beefy will be able to name was a 100m runner, Wayne Brown or something?

da_man
August 11th, 2011, 4:58 PM
So, we'd bolstered the squad by bringing in Goodwillie and Petrovic but now a few days later Andrews and Kalinic are out the door so we're back to square one.

:banghead:

The Rosk
August 11th, 2011, 5:06 PM
I actually rated Kalinic. Weird.

da_man
August 11th, 2011, 5:28 PM
He was our best striker. Allardyce had him up front on his own chasing long balls like a dick and gave him the sole role of winning free-kicks. Kean is clueless and then just didn't play him.

1_Pablo_Angel
August 11th, 2011, 5:38 PM
Djibril Cisse

Pace 19
Crossing 4

Tony Daley

Pace 20
Crossing 1

"Like a torpedooooooooooooooooooooooooeeeeeeeeeeee"

The Rosk
August 11th, 2011, 5:47 PM
Daley was great you tit.

I'm scared we aren't going to play Albrighton and are going to stick Heskey and Gabby either side of Bent.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 11th, 2011, 5:58 PM
look at this fat girl with her conspiracy. what a cunt

1_Pablo_Angel
August 11th, 2011, 5:59 PM
Couldn't really cross it though, let's be honest.

I'm worried about super Marc too. He seems to have lost half a yard. Probably a confidence thing.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 11th, 2011, 6:05 PM
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/11/manchester-united-wesley-sneijder

Booooo!

The Rosk
August 11th, 2011, 6:06 PM
He's not going to start against Fulham is he. I am going to cry if I see Heskey anywhere near the fucking wing.

1_Pablo_Angel
August 11th, 2011, 6:11 PM
My expectations for this season are about as low as they've ever been. Barry Bannan is keeping me going.

The Rosk
August 11th, 2011, 6:20 PM
He won't play. Remember Fulham last season when they scored that goal together. Ran the show.

Emile.

1_Pablo_Angel
August 11th, 2011, 6:37 PM
'The new Cowans', came the cry.

But even Sid was no giant tumbling bear...

The Rosk
August 11th, 2011, 6:40 PM
I was 10000% going to put Albrighton in my fantasy team this year. Now after thinking about his chances if playing, he might even be overpriced ffs. Why can't we just play him. He would be fucking brilliant with Charlie.

eldanielfire
August 11th, 2011, 9:48 PM
Walcott is definitely the fastest player I've ever seen live. Henry the fastest running with the ball though.

Gael Clichy is also rapid. Honourable mentions to Danny Sturridge and Ashley Cole. I saw Overmars when I was young too but I think I was too young to appreciate how fast he actually was.

Overmars seemed to be the quickest player I've ever seen rather then the fastest. Never seem a player move through a defence with the ball as rapidly a she did, defences just seemed to never be able to close him down.

The fastest player I ever saw outright over the pitch was Les Ferdinand though.

Alf
August 12th, 2011, 5:26 AM
I was 10000% going to put Albrighton in my fantasy team this year. Now after thinking about his chances if playing, he might even be overpriced ffs. Why can't we just play him. He would be fucking brilliant with Charlie.

He's in my team... is there a chance he won't play then?

TraXX
August 12th, 2011, 5:35 AM
APPAZ Norwich have hijacked Hull's bid for Ayala. £850,000 for him, and he's only 20, but is he any good? Decent back up I suppose. :dunno:

Bad Collin
August 12th, 2011, 5:42 AM
He has loads of potential, we better have a buy back clause in there.

The Rosk
August 12th, 2011, 5:44 AM
He's in my team... is there a chance he won't play then?

He should. My worry is that McLeish won't trust the youth and we will be back at square minus twelve. If Heskey starts instead of Marc you can count us out of the top half this year.

Gary J
August 12th, 2011, 6:03 AM
APPAZ Norwich have hijacked Hull's bid for Ayala. £850,000 for him, and he's only 20, but is he any good? Decent back up I suppose. :dunno:

He shouldn't be back-up at Norwich he's better then any central defender you have currently.

son_of_foley
August 12th, 2011, 6:07 AM
Yeah I would probably agree with that

TraXX
August 12th, 2011, 6:27 AM
:dunno:

Good for him.

son_of_foley
August 12th, 2011, 6:34 AM
:dunno:

Good for him.

I just think he's as good if not a little better than Whitbread and would be a really good signing for you

Simon
August 12th, 2011, 7:32 AM
Enrique is done.

Red Dog
August 12th, 2011, 7:37 AM
He should. My worry is that McLeish won't trust the youth and we will be back at square minus twelve. If Heskey starts instead of Marc you can count us out of the top half this year.
Why would it be one or the other? Arnt they different positions?

I put Albrighton in my team last year based on your bigging him up and he was not the success I hoped!

Mik
August 12th, 2011, 7:39 AM
Enrique is done.

Brilliant.

Alf
August 12th, 2011, 7:41 AM
Hot news there Si.

Simon
August 12th, 2011, 7:45 AM
It wasn't confirmed until just now was it?

The Rosk
August 12th, 2011, 7:53 AM
Why would it be one or the other? Arnt they different positions?

I put Albrighton in my team last year based on your bigging him up and he was not the success I hoped!

He was £4m and he brought in 5 points per game on average.

Alf
August 12th, 2011, 7:54 AM
New season though Rosko.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 12th, 2011, 9:18 AM
Fergie says no more signings. Deal for Sneijder is dead. He could be lying but I doubt.

RuneEdge
August 12th, 2011, 9:21 AM
:(

Keano's Magic Hat
August 12th, 2011, 9:23 AM
No worries. Fergie spoke about last week's second half performance against City making his selection this week easier, and made a point about Pogba being promoted to the first team and travelling to West Brom.

Exciting times. Pogba is going to destroy the premier league :hyper:

Lagom
August 12th, 2011, 9:32 AM
Is he that big, strong French lad that you supposedly tapped up a couple of seasons back?

RuneEdge
August 12th, 2011, 9:33 AM
Just been getting my hopes up too much really. But yeah, not too fussed after the way we played in the City game. Thought everyone was great, even Anderson FFS. And I dont really know where Sneijder would fit into all of this to be honest.

Plus we got Chicharito to come back so things are looking great at the moment. :yes:

Simon
August 12th, 2011, 9:35 AM
Fabs to Barca is finally DONE apparently. Three fucking years.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 12th, 2011, 9:37 AM
Is he that big, strong French lad that you supposedly tapped up a couple of seasons back?

aye, that's the one.

Paul Pogba next Manchester United star - YouTube

Paul Pogba goal vs Fleetwood - YouTube

I know that video mostly shows goals, but his all round game is what sets him apart. Very quick on the ball, great passing range, fast, strong etc. All those goals come from a single season, too :lol:

Keano's Magic Hat
August 12th, 2011, 9:37 AM
Fabs to Barca is finally DONE apparently. Three fucking years.

I won't believe it until I see him in the shirt. This is the transfer saga that never ends.

Andy
August 12th, 2011, 9:54 AM
Arsenal now saying no deal has been agreed.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 12th, 2011, 9:56 AM
fucking knew it :lol:

Andy
August 12th, 2011, 9:59 AM
So he'll stay a few days more giving us a few days less to get anyone else in. Great.

Simon
August 12th, 2011, 10:00 AM
Seeing the Arsenal situation sort of puts the Spurs stuff into perspective a little bit. I don't think it's asking too much for a club that has money to burn to spend it on a top striker, but I suppose in the grand scheme of things managing to keep Modric, Bale and the rest is an achievement in itself (if we manage to, looking pretty good at the moment).

RuneEdge
August 12th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Nice videos on Pogba there. Looks like he plays quite deep. Maybe play him alongside Carrick? :chin:

Simon
August 12th, 2011, 10:01 AM
Llorente not happening apparently. Seems like we have narrowed ourselves down to Rossi and/or Adebayor. So either we will get a fantastic signing or no signing at all.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 12th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Nice videos on Pogba there. Looks like he plays quite deep. Maybe play him alongside Carrick? :chin:

He's that rare breed of a box to box midfielder. Great technique and creative. It's become almost a cliche to compare any tall black central midfielder with Vieira, but it really is uncanny. Apparently his idol growing up, and Fergie was chatting to the two of them together at Scholesy's testimonial as they made their way out for the second half, probably saying 'eh paddy, here's your regen, now remove yourself from the database'

Beefy
August 12th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Llorente not happening apparently. Seems like we have narrowed ourselves down to Rossi and/or Adebayor. So either we will get a fantastic signing or no signing at all.

I think if you sign Adebayor you'll be pining for Peter Crouch by the end of the season.

Andy
August 12th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Just watching Wenger's press conference again, one of the journalists actually gets really angry at him not playing ball. :lol:

Keano's Magic Hat
August 12th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Just watching Wenger's press conference again, one of the journalists actually gets really angry at him not playing ball. :lol:

link?

Andy
August 12th, 2011, 10:09 AM
It's on Sky Sports News.

Simon
August 12th, 2011, 10:14 AM
I think if you sign Adebayor you'll be pining for Peter Crouch by the end of the season.

Four league goals for Crouch last season Biffo. Adebayor might be inconsistent but when he's good he's very very good indeed.

Beefy
August 12th, 2011, 10:18 AM
He's also a shit. You'll be fed up with his sulking, his inconsistent performances and the way that his massive wages will have destroyed your squad's team spirit.

Simon
August 12th, 2011, 10:22 AM
Well the wages are the sticking point at the moment and it seems like IF IF IF we sign him, we won't be paying him any more than the top earners of our squad - we are willing to pay City £75k a week towards his £175k a week wages. Obviously this is what makes the deal very unlikely (though it would still save City £4m or so that would otherwise be rotting in their reserves, and they won't find anyone to take the full wage packet off their hands), but IF we managed to do it then there wouldn't be a problem in terms of a wage disparity.

Beefy
August 12th, 2011, 10:24 AM
But, as you said, you're not going to get him on those terms.

Simon
August 12th, 2011, 10:27 AM
In which case we won't get him at all so it's academic. If we get him, he will not be on wages that would mean an unfair disparity with the rest of the squad that would cause problems.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 12th, 2011, 10:37 AM
SSN saying Guardiola no longer wants Fabregas now. At least not today, as they have a big game coming up :confused:

MACE
August 12th, 2011, 10:39 AM
This transfer must be the most annoying and longest "will he, won't he" saga ever.

Simon
August 12th, 2011, 10:41 AM
Na Vieira to Real Madrid was worse.

Andy
August 12th, 2011, 11:16 AM
Pep should just tell Cesc to wait a year and he'll come to him.

MMH
August 12th, 2011, 11:29 AM
We still havnt signed anybody.

Just saying...

Winkle van Tinkle
August 12th, 2011, 11:44 AM
Eric Dier.

Beefy
August 12th, 2011, 11:46 AM
We still havnt signed anybody.

Just saying...

You've just announced a friendly for Monday over here against Bohemians. I'm pretty tempted to pop along.

MMH
August 12th, 2011, 12:43 PM
Eric Dier.

We had him last year. We cant play him. He is basically here on work experience.

MMH
August 12th, 2011, 12:43 PM
You've just announced a friendly for Monday over here against Bohemians. I'm pretty tempted to pop along.

You may as well, should be a full strength team due to us not playing this weekend.

connorboy
August 12th, 2011, 2:34 PM
Robbie Keane better go to Leicester. Lumped £10 on the faith of Forth_Official at 8/1

Fanny
August 12th, 2011, 2:47 PM
can't see it. Can see him at Celtic before Leicester, to be honest. Even though he was a flop with us on loan.....

connorboy
August 12th, 2011, 2:55 PM
He's got their other 9 transfers bang on, fingers crossed!

MACE
August 12th, 2011, 4:21 PM
Robbie Keane to LA Galaxy?! :eek:

skysports_bryan Bryan Swanson
We're told LA Galaxy are in talks with Tottenham over Robbie Keane @SkySportsNews
1 minute ago

connorboy
August 12th, 2011, 4:28 PM
Na Leicester mate

MACE
August 12th, 2011, 4:29 PM
Tenner down the toilet pal.... ;)

connorboy
August 12th, 2011, 4:31 PM
I'll believe Fourth_Official over Fatty Swanson for now...

da_man
August 12th, 2011, 5:13 PM
Robbie Keane to LA Galaxy is now all over Twitter. Could still do a job for a Premier League team IMO, might regret this.

MACE
August 12th, 2011, 5:23 PM
2 year deal appaz...

Murphy
August 12th, 2011, 5:26 PM
I agree that he could still do a job in the PL, but I'm bloody desperate for Spurs to get him off the bloody wage bill.

£60k a week, isn't he? Highest at the club.

connorboy
August 12th, 2011, 5:30 PM
LA Galaxy denying all knowledge appaz. CLUTCHING AT STRAWS

El Capitano Gatisto
August 12th, 2011, 5:43 PM
Robbie Keane to LA Galaxy is now all over Twitter. Could still do a job for a Premier League team IMO, might regret this.

Or even Leicester, higher standard of football than MLS and most likely back in the Premier League within a year. LA Galaxy is a move 2/3 years down the line unless he's more fucked by injuries than we're aware.

RFF Champ
August 13th, 2011, 3:30 AM
Robbie Keane better go to Leicester. Lumped £10 on the faith of Forth_Official at 8/1

When did you get 8/1?

Red Dog
August 13th, 2011, 5:04 AM
We are now after some Spurs lad called Andros Townsend. Never heard of him.....

El Capitano Gatisto
August 13th, 2011, 5:07 AM
I'm going to be contrary now and say I think the Sneijder move will squeeze through on 31st August. Inter need rid of him and Eto'o, who must cost over £20 million a year in wages between them. Something will be worked out to get him off their books and Fergie will want an established star to have a go at the CL in the next season or two. He needs to beat Barca or he won't feel right retiring in their shadow.

Wiganer
August 13th, 2011, 5:21 AM
Keane to leicester would be a great move, a year banging in goals give him some confidence back. Surprised someone like wigan not taking a punt.

MACE
August 13th, 2011, 5:23 AM
Wigan probably can't afford/don't want to pay his wages...

MACE
August 13th, 2011, 5:24 AM
I'm going to be contrary now and say I think the Sneijder move will squeeze through on 31st August. Inter need rid of him and Eto'o, who must cost over £20 million a year in wages between them. Something will be worked out to get him off their books and Fergie will want an established star to have a go at the CL in the next season or two. He needs to beat Barca or he won't feel right retiring in their shadow.

Isn't Eto'o close to joining a Russian club on £350,000 a week or something silly?

Ringo
August 13th, 2011, 5:27 AM
Yes apparently.

Wiganer
August 13th, 2011, 5:31 AM
Wigan probably can't afford/don't want to pay his wages...

True enough. Although I'd focus more on them not wanting to.. Wigan have a higher income than celtic I believe.

Lazurus
August 13th, 2011, 6:39 AM
We are now after some Spurs lad called Andros Townsend. Never heard of him.....

He's amazing. You can't have him.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 13th, 2011, 8:46 AM
Worst transfer story of the summer comes from The Sun. Nasri-Tevez swap deal :lol:

As Fergie said last season, I think he's too old to retire now. Genuinely wouldn't be shocked if he's United manager for another decade :eek: He looks back to his best already, no way (health permitting) is he going to leave without seeing this young squad fulfill its potential. And as you said, there is absolutely no way will he be happy retiring without getting the better of Barcelona, and I can't see that happening for a long while.

As for Sneijder, apparently his wage demands are what's holding the deal back. To be honest, what the hell United were doing wasting so much time on a player on the off chance that he would agree to a massive wage cut is baffling. I'd be shocked if he does sign, but anything United say regarding transfers usually = the opposite of what they actually mean, so fuck knows.

TraXX
August 13th, 2011, 4:51 PM
Ayala is nearly done for us. Just waiting for the paperwork to go through. :yes:

It'll be interesting to see who will be our main center backs now. De Laet looked quality today, and Barnett is highly rated by Lambert so that might be the benchmark, but we've got Whitbread, Ward and now Ayala competing for those 2 spots. Very happy with this piece of business, especially at under £1M.

son_of_foley
August 13th, 2011, 5:08 PM
Really hope he.does it.for you guys

Bad Collin
August 13th, 2011, 5:08 PM
I really hope there is a buy back clause

connorboy
August 13th, 2011, 5:17 PM
When did you get 8/1?

Paddy power literally 15 minutes before the LA Galaxy news broke. They were at even money

Second City Saint
August 13th, 2011, 6:20 PM
Levy's in Portugal working on a bid for Falcao.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 13th, 2011, 6:29 PM
what the hell?

Andy
August 13th, 2011, 6:41 PM
Good luck with that.

Andy
August 13th, 2011, 11:25 PM
http://cl.ly/3Y3o0H1r2e441H3w3Y0e/Screen_shot_2011-08-14_at_00.47.02.png

:wtf:

MikeHunt
August 13th, 2011, 11:33 PM
top notch?

hahahahaha.

Second City Saint
August 13th, 2011, 11:53 PM
What's up with the photo?

MikeHunt
August 13th, 2011, 11:54 PM
melting by the looks of things.

Second City Saint
August 13th, 2011, 11:58 PM
It looks like a really bad photo shop. Look at the left hand, it's half white.

Red Dog
August 14th, 2011, 3:45 AM
He's amazing. You can't have him.
He has been on loan about 6 times already. TRIFFIC PLAYER.

Andy
August 14th, 2011, 3:42 PM
Strongly linked with Sow and Ayew after comments they've made tonight. Still no defender news. :banghead:

Keano's Magic Hat
August 14th, 2011, 3:45 PM
Macheda and Gibson to Blackburn on loan, apparently

da_man
August 14th, 2011, 3:50 PM
Kean did say he was trying to tap Fergie up for some loans. Anyone welcome.

Simon
August 14th, 2011, 3:53 PM
Still no striker for us :hyper:

Rip
August 14th, 2011, 4:01 PM
Still no striker for us :hyper:

^^^^^

What he said :cry:

McBain
August 14th, 2011, 5:04 PM
Mad really how things change. Your striking options were the envy of most teams in England 3-4 years back. Now it all looks pretty average.

Bad Collin
August 14th, 2011, 5:12 PM
Fabragas sold apaz, thank god that is over.

Andy
August 14th, 2011, 5:37 PM
Initial payment of £13m apparently :blah:

da_man
August 14th, 2011, 5:45 PM
That should be enough cash for him to sign Max Gradel.

Andy
August 14th, 2011, 5:57 PM
Looks like 13m now, 13m in October, 5m for every year of his contract and 6m in variables.

Keano's Magic Hat
August 14th, 2011, 5:59 PM
BBC reckons Arsenal will receive 'a guaranteed £30m with a further £5m dependent on the number of games played and trophies won'. SSN saying the same thing, a 'potential £35m'.

Where are you getting these figures from, Andy? A potential fee of £57m looks quite steep given what's being quoted by the most reliable sources

Andy
August 14th, 2011, 6:03 PM
Euros this is all in and I'm going off stuff on twitter, nothing confirmed. I don't believe the 5m a year can be right, maybe 5m total.

Andy
August 14th, 2011, 6:04 PM
Which would tally with what the BBC say I guess.

Andy
August 14th, 2011, 6:05 PM
Either way 26m within the first three months is just plain shit. Barca's horrible tactics worked a treat for them in the end.

Andy
August 14th, 2011, 6:37 PM
Sandro Rossell says it's a total of £34m plus variables. Amazing.

Second City Saint
August 14th, 2011, 6:37 PM
LA Galaxy paid 3.5 million pounds for Keane.

Rip
August 14th, 2011, 6:47 PM
Bargain.

Simon
August 15th, 2011, 4:16 AM
Guardian says Barca pay €29m in the first three months of the contract, then a million a year for the duration of his contract (€5m), plus another €6m if they win one Champions League and two La Liga titles. Assuming that happens, it'll be a total of €40m or £35.1m, which is what I was touting all along when people were talking about £50m :eek:

Simon
August 15th, 2011, 4:42 AM
LA Galaxy paid 3.5 million pounds for Keane.

I read £2.2m :dunno: more importantly his wages are off the bill now, that's £3m a year gone. Hopefully hopefully hopefully hopefully hopefully it means we're going to push for a new striker properly now.

MACE
August 15th, 2011, 4:46 AM
GuillemBalague Guillem Balague
the 5m euros from Cesc is 1m euros a year during 5 years that he will reduce from his planned wages. that money will be paid to Arsenal.
2 minutes ago

all the figures in euros: 29 fixed, 6 variable and 5 from cesc
4 minutes ago

my colleague @AlbertLlimos corrects me, he's right: its 29 + 6 variables + 5 from Cesc.They are negotiating the content of the variables now

Those are the details there chaps...

son_of_foley
August 15th, 2011, 4:48 AM
Mirror is reporting Liverpool interested in Paddy McCourt. OOOFFFFFFFF HAVE SOME OF THAT

Bad Collin
August 15th, 2011, 4:51 AM
The Mirror (like the other red tops) just makes stuff up.

son_of_foley
August 15th, 2011, 5:39 AM
Of course they do mate, theres no way Paddy would sign for you YEOOOOOO

Rip
August 15th, 2011, 5:44 AM
Modibo Maiga is refusing to play for Sochaux to force through a £7m move to us by SKY sports, 23 yo who plays wide or through the middle and is another flyer.

Nice.

Simon
August 15th, 2011, 5:45 AM
Sounds like just the sort of character your side needs.

Rip
August 15th, 2011, 5:47 AM
At least he'll feel at home.

Or to look at it another way it shows his desire to play for Newcastle ..... :D

Simon
August 15th, 2011, 6:25 AM
http://desmond.yfrog.com/Himg618/scaled.php?tn=0&server=618&filename=s36jj.jpg&xsize=640&ysize=640

Crowd for Fabregas' unveiling.

Would laugh so much if he failed his medical now. Chances are even if he had something really dodgy they'd probably still sign him now because it would be a political disaster if they didn't after all these years of bartering.

Alf
August 15th, 2011, 6:57 AM
Lennon being linked to City now. Metro says a swap deal with Adebayor coming to us on loan, and Johnson on a permenant deal.

Interesting.

I love Lennon's lightning feet too much though.

The Rosk
August 15th, 2011, 6:59 AM
Aghhsaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Alf
August 15th, 2011, 7:01 AM
lolgreat input rosk OMG ffjjjkkjjkjkkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjk

Simon
August 15th, 2011, 7:04 AM
I love Lennon but would probably take that deal. I have a real blind spot for Lennon though, deep down I know he's not that great but I just love watching him play. Same with Huddlestone, probably neither of them are good enough to be regulars if we ever became title contenders , but I would never want them to be sold. Proper Spurs players, if that isn't too much of a cliché.

Chris Scott
August 15th, 2011, 7:52 AM
Was Fabregas let go from Barca in 2003 or dud they sell him to Arsenal?

El Capitano Gatisto
August 15th, 2011, 7:55 AM
Arsenal poached him before he signed a professional contract at Barca, so he was neither let go nor did Barca receive a fee. Arsenal offered bigger wages and a first team place, whereas at Barca Fabregas would have had to prove himself for a couple of seasons before he got a first team contract. Arsenal have done pretty well out of the deal.

Ringo
August 15th, 2011, 7:55 AM
he was 15.

Chris Scott
August 15th, 2011, 7:59 AM
15?

What year did he play his very first game for Arsenal? I can only remember him around 2004/2005.

El Capitano Gatisto
August 15th, 2011, 7:59 AM
He was 16. He was in the Arsenal team within a year of signing for them.

Ringo
August 15th, 2011, 8:01 AM
oh yes had just turned 16 and wowed everyone at the Under 17 world cup along with fellow future superstars Vieirinha and Carlos Hidalgo

Ringo
August 15th, 2011, 8:06 AM
this translator :lol:

The Police for fuck sake. Superb.

Simon
August 15th, 2011, 8:19 AM
Eh?

El Capitano Gatisto
August 15th, 2011, 8:20 AM
How impressed do you reckon Modric will be if Spurs' big attacking signing this season is Odemwingie?

The Rosk
August 15th, 2011, 8:22 AM
It will truly convince him to stay I reckon. Defoe and Odemwingie for the Champions League push.

Ringo
August 15th, 2011, 8:23 AM
Eh?

At the press conference they showed a video of him playing for the Barca kids teams with Messi et al. set to Every Breath You Take by The Police. It was magical.

Alf
August 15th, 2011, 8:36 AM
We could sign a couple of international quality players and I still don't think it would 'convince' Modric to stay. His head has been turned. He'll definitely leave next season.

Simon
August 15th, 2011, 8:37 AM
How impressed do you reckon Modric will be if Spurs' big attacking signing this season is Odemwingie?

He's probaly already sharpening bananas for him as we speak.

Realistically though I doubt we will sign him or anyone of his ilk. It will send the fans mental but I think if we can't find one who is both a huge improvement on what we have AND a statement of intent to the fans and the star players we need to keep, we'll just stick with what we have.

Simon
August 15th, 2011, 9:04 AM
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/54613000/jpg/_54613674_cesc2.jpg

Waaaaaaaaaay. Who was number 4 for Barca last season, has someone been pushed down the list or was it some no mark like Milito/Henrique?

RFF Champ
August 15th, 2011, 9:10 AM
I think it was Thiago.

Bluemoon
August 15th, 2011, 9:48 AM
Lennon being linked to City now. Metro says a swap deal with Adebayor coming to us on loan, and Johnson on a permenant deal.

Interesting.

I love Lennon's lightning feet too much though.

Can't see that ever happening to be honest.

RFF Champ
August 15th, 2011, 10:04 AM
Modibo Maiga is refusing to play for Sochaux to force through a £7m move to us by SKY sports, 23 yo who plays wide or through the middle and is another flyer.

Nice.

I've never heard of him but if he speaks French and Graham Carr has scouted him then why not? My immediate reaction is that the price is too high but his scoring record is pretty good.

If we did sign him then we'd lost him, Ba, Tiote and potentially Shola to the ACN which would leave Best and Lovenkrands. Scary.

Sounds like just the sort of character your side needs.

HBA and Ba both went on strike to force through moves.

Bad Collin
August 15th, 2011, 10:07 AM
http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/54613000/jpg/_54613675_cesc3.jpg

Simon
August 15th, 2011, 10:11 AM
HBA and Ba both went on strike to force through moves.

Oh right, well fair enough then :dunno: doesn't exactly speak well for your side.

Was it you that said Cabaye was excellent on Saturday? I read it at some point but forgot to reply - I thought he was very poor, completely invisible throughout the game and Barton had to have a monster performance just to keep your heads above water.

Also, Shola Ameobi has the worst touch in the Prem now that Wilson Palizzle isn't playing any more.

RFF Champ
August 15th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Oh right, well fair enough then :dunno: doesn't exactly speak well for your side.

Was it you that said Cabaye was excellent on Saturday? I read it at some point but forgot to reply - I thought he was very poor, completely invisible throughout the game and Barton had to have a monster performance just to keep your heads above water.

Also, Shola Ameobi has the worst touch in the Prem now that Wilson Palizzle isn't playing any more.

Nah, I sat on the fence but found a way to mention that he lost the ball too many times. He struggled along with the rest of our midfield. I agree Barton played well but I wouldn't have called it a monster performance. I thought Obertan was our best attacking player for and even he only performed for the first 20 minutes or so of the first half.

Ringo
August 15th, 2011, 11:44 AM
garyalsmith Gary
Eto'o's medicals would take place in Rome tomorrow at this place: bit.ly/n8Vplv #inter #anzhi
3 minutes ago

garyalsmith Gary
Just been told Eto'o just arrived at Inter's training ground a few minutes ago. Anyone with a link, please?
19 minutes ago

garyalsmith Gary
Gazzetta earlier reported that Eto'o is leaving Inter and that there'll be a presser right about now. Anyone know if it's ongoing?

garyalsmith is the go to guy when it comes to African players. Think it was him who first reported the Eto'o/Anzhi thing. This might actually be happening then. As it looks like Inter is the only club in Europe in for Tevez then this may open the door for that to go through.

Also noticed that Steven Defour who has long been linked with a few Prem clubs has signed for Porto. Another of Belgian's new generation, Axel Witsel, joined Benfica last month.

Simon
August 15th, 2011, 11:48 AM
Didn't know about either of those. Porto have a fucking fantastic side at the moment, it's a shame that Villas Boas has gone as I honestly think they could be dark horses to win the CL this year. Practically their entire first team are permanently linked with moves to top clubs - Pereira, Rolando, Moutinho, Fernando, Micael, Hulk, Falcao, Varela...

Also on a slightly related point, I would fuck all of you up with Porto on FIFA. Superb team.

RFF Champ
August 15th, 2011, 11:50 AM
I'm surprised that there was no attempts made by Manchester United to buy Defour. Didn't SAF send Standard a personal letter to pass on to Defour when he broke his leg?

Ringo
August 15th, 2011, 11:51 AM
They've brought in another crop of exciting young players as well this Summer. Iturbe (18), Mangala (20), Danilo (20), Alex Sandro (20) and David Addy (21). At least 3 of those 5 have been talked up for some time. They will continue to sign up players for small fees and make millions on them.

Red Dog
August 15th, 2011, 11:53 AM
I'm surprised that there was no attempts made by Manchester United to buy Defour. Didn't SAF send Standard a personal letter to pass on to Defour when he broke his leg?
That was such a snidey way to tap him up. I'm glad they didnt get him.

RFF Champ
August 15th, 2011, 11:58 AM
That was such a snidey way to tap him up. I'm glad they didnt get him.

Exactly, which is why it surprises me that with Man Utd in need of a central midfielder they didn't go for him. To my knowledge I've never seen him play so I don't know if he'd fit into their midfield or not though.

In fairness, at least he sent the letter to the club rather than to his agency or something.

Red Dog
August 15th, 2011, 12:03 PM
Probably because Fergie has to be extra careful now to tap people up through the correct, albeit immoral, channels. After all he did sell his best defender once for blowing the lid off his shady deadlings in his autobiography.

RFF Champ
August 15th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Erik Pieters played the full 90 minutes for PSV at the weekend which means we aren't close to securing a deal for him. If we play Ryan Taylor at left back again against Sunderland I'll cry, I thought he was terrible at the weekend.

Simon
August 15th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Ryan Taylor is always terrible, he just has a case of Matthew Taylor Syndrome (MTS) where he's good for a couple of great goals every season that make people forget the general shiteness of his overall play. Morten Gamst Pedersen is also afflicted by this disease.

Gary J
August 15th, 2011, 1:33 PM

Palacios on twitter

I heard what Simon was saying about me on Rajah and it is really disrespectful because i'm still a Tottenham player.

Ringo
August 15th, 2011, 2:02 PM
Fourth_Official Fourth Official
That's not a joke either, quotes taken directly of La Galaxy's official website #Robbiekeane
33 minutes ago

Fourth_Official Fourth Official
“I have always wanted to come and play in MLS so it’s the perfect combination for me and a dream come true." - Robbie Keane

:D

Ringo
August 15th, 2011, 2:53 PM
http://thescore.thejournal.ie/aiden-mcgeady-could-be-set-for-e30million-move-to-zenit-st-petersburg-201729-Aug2011/?utm_source=shortlink

Andy
August 15th, 2011, 7:05 PM
Apparently Cesc waived his £4m loyalty bonus and Barca waived the compensation owed for Bellerin and Toral. Slightly better I suppose but still.

Simon
August 16th, 2011, 4:22 AM
I waved him goodbye.

Hlebsfall
August 16th, 2011, 4:59 AM
That waiving of the loyalty bonus was bollocks anyway. Because he never actually asked for a transfer, he was entitled to 4m. They would have made him hand in a transfer request before they ever thought of paying that.

Simon
August 16th, 2011, 5:12 AM
15 days til the window shuts, still no striker :headbang:

Beefy
August 16th, 2011, 5:16 AM
No striker other than your three International strikers, and one International who plays his best football as a second forward, you mean?

Simon
August 16th, 2011, 5:23 AM
I know it's all relative and we should know how lucky we are and blah blah blah, but the reality is that VDV aside our strikers completely flopped last year, we have the money available to buy someone better and just about enough pull to convince quality players if the money is right. Whatever way you look at it, our strikers let us down last year and while we have missed the boat in terms of our best chance of cementing ourselves in the top four, if we don't manage it this season then we'll be stripped of our best players. We absolutely, definitively MUST sign a striker before the end of the window. It's as simple as that.

MACE
August 16th, 2011, 5:25 AM
GuillemBalague
#arsenal has made 298mio€ in player sales since 2000, of which an astonishing 44% (132mio€) comes from #barça purchases

MACE
August 16th, 2011, 5:28 AM

Robbie Keane to LA Galaxy

Na Leicester mate

Tenner down the toilet pal.... ;)

:D

Beefy
August 16th, 2011, 5:36 AM
I know it's all relative and we should know how lucky we are and blah blah blah, but the reality is that VDV aside our strikers completely flopped last year, we have the money available to buy someone better and just about enough pull to convince quality players if the money is right. Whatever way you look at it, our strikers let us down last year and while we have missed the boat in terms of our best chance of cementing ourselves in the top four, if we don't manage it this season then we'll be stripped of our best players. We absolutely, definitively MUST sign a striker before the end of the window. It's as simple as that.

You don't have enough pull, or a big enough wage budget, to get a better striker than you already have (unless you take a punt on someone who might turn out to be better).

You've got a set of forwards who were good enough to get you into the Champions League and are still at their peak. Crouch, Pav and Defoe aren't the best but I doubt you'll get much better.

Simon
August 16th, 2011, 5:47 AM
You don't have enough pull, or a big enough wage budget, to get a better striker than you already have (unless you take a punt on someone who might turn out to be better).

You've got a set of forwards who were good enough to get you into the Champions League and are still at their peak. Crouch, Pav and Defoe aren't the best but I doubt you'll get much better.

We can get better players than what we have. I don't see how that is even up for discussion. Six months ago we were fighting it out with Liverpool for Suarez who would be good enough for any team in Europe. Whether you want to call that a punt or not is up to you, obviously he was in a lower level league and hadn't proved himself at the highest level. But there are obviously gettable strikers who would improve on what we have.

Beefy
August 16th, 2011, 5:52 AM
But you didn't get Suarez. So who are you going to get? Falcao? Adebayor? Raul? Huntelaar?

I'm not seeing targets within Tottenham's reach who are any better than what you've got. An ageing Forlan, maybe.

Alf
August 16th, 2011, 5:57 AM

The bracket part is exactly what we need to do. Take a punt on a prospect rather than on a big name who won't sign for us.

By the way... Coulibaly lads. Coulibaly. I reckon he'll take the prem by storm.

Red Dog
August 16th, 2011, 5:57 AM

I agree with this although players can suddenly turn quite crap from season to season.

I think Earnshaw got about 20 in his first season for us and then about 8 last year, for example.

Beefy
August 16th, 2011, 6:06 AM
The bracket part is exactly what we need to do. Take a punt on a prospect rather than on a big name who won't sign for us.

Yeah I agree. But it will be a punt. I don't think Spurs are in a position to sign a big name who will guarantee goals.